Speaker 1: And now The Money Show with Stephen credits on seven oh two.
Speaker 2: Let's walk little.
Speaker 3: The Money Show with Stephen Curtis has brought to you by Abscess CIB Proud Sole Leader Ranger and Infrastructure Finance Structuring Agent of the South African National Treasuries eleven point eight billion round Infrastructure and Development Finance Bond. Good evening, Welcome to the program. I'm Stephen Curtis. Eight minutes after six. This's Friday, the sort of last serious money Friday. I suppose trade looking a little light on the JAZ still interesting to watch some of the trends though, and wherever I look at the moment, people are talking about next year.
Speaker 2: That's fair. You would expect that.
Speaker 3: And they're all very optimistic in some of the most extraordinary ways. We've seen a lot of optimism for South Africa. Reuters has a big piece today about optimism for emerging markets through part of that, of course, and all of that looking very very positive. I realize, of course that one year doth not as summer make to really mangle my metaphors, but it does sort of suggest there's a lot of positivity around. I think it's also because we've been waiting for so long for the wild to kind of turn, and with a little bit of luck, it is beginning to turn. So that's part of a talking of which we'll speak to Chris y Ellend in a moment. You know you hear that for that name. We're going to talk about Eskim, but it's about virtual wheeling and Escam's made a big move on that score. You'll have been watching the Warner Brothers Discovery issue. Netflix wants to merge with it, Paramount wants to buy it, but what that means for you? And then the future of DStv. Tinnis Ferrera, the TV critic. He'll be on your radio in about ten minutes. We'll get some market commentary with Lukmgoni. He's been looking forward to next year as well. And then also we'll on Friday File just talk a little bit about holidays, how to basically avoid common mistakes, particularly while you're traveling. Sibisum quanazis travel right. And then don't forget the Friday Biz Blitz as well. Before seven o'clock, Good year from you, O double one double A three oh seven O two and two one four four, six of five six seven The Lney Show.
Speaker 1: With Stephen Krudis live on ninety two point seven and one six FM, streaming on the Prime Media Plus NAP and DStv channel eight five six.
Speaker 3: On the point of holidays, I've often wondered, how often is it that you go online, you look at the rooms, you look at the attractions, the water slides, whatever it is, and you think, I'm going to go there? And how often is it as good as it looks? And strangely, because of the review system on so many websites, you know they have good, bad, sort of ugly reviews, you can actually get a pretty accurate picture of how good it is. I mean, there's one place I've been to I won't name it, which was so appalling, and from time to time, when I'm bored or feeling miserable, I'll go and read the reviews just to see what it's like. And I mean, it's an art form to write a bad review. I'm sure you've done the same. I know there's a small literary niche genre of Amazon Amazon reviews. People write whole stories and have soap operas in the review section sometimes. But if I may ask, your best and worst holiday surprise compared to what you are expecting and what you actually got. Your best and worst please on seven to seven O two one seven two. Maybe don't mention the name of the place, but just the story would be good. Your best and worst holiday surprise The Money.
Speaker 1: Show on seven os Monday till Friday, six to a pm, eleven after six Well a fascinating explanation of quite an important development by Eskim and the concept of virtual wheeling today from the energy expert christieland He says Eskim has started a process.
Speaker 3: To build a platform that will manage the way power is moved from one place to another and then sold. In that movement of the power from producer A to customer B is what is known as wheeling. For Chris eland Is the is the energy analyst, and he joins us, Now, Chris, good evening. I understand what wheeling is, but you're going to have to start I'm afraid by explaining what virtual wheeling is.
Speaker 4: Now A good evening, Steven look. The traditional wheeling generally takes place between a large generator or independent power producer of renewal energy and a large off takeout, which could be a mine or an industry et cetera. So it's what we call one to one wheeling using the transmission to the ESKIM network as the transport vehicle. Now, a virtual wheeling takes this concept from a generator or a number of generators to literally thousands and thousands of customers embedded both in the ESCAM networks as well as in municipal distribution network. And basically it enables the company, a corporate entity or a trader contracts, whether a generator or multiple generators, to deliver electricity through the ESKIMA municipal network to literally thousands of And it's not actually a physical delivery process. It's a virtual delivery process in the sense that what one is really doing is one's allocating the energy generated by one or more generators to literally thousands of off takers. And one has to have an electricity meta at these thousands of off takers. One has to measure these the energy delivered to these off takers in real time, and one's got to then consolidate all of this by remote meta reading of these thousands of meters and consolidated and allocated to that particular trader or corporate taffic example, and the first virtual wheeling application with Votericom. Now they've got about fifteen thousand cell phone powers throughout South Africa and both Musical and ESCI of the networks, and they wanted to consolidate you know, green clean energy, low cost from a number of generators and deliver it to their sights all over the country. Uh and ESKIM entered into a sort of a pilot process with Votercom and this process, the pilot process has been successful. And now the point is that ESKIM want to roll this concept out once the regulatory framework and the rules of baty line place, you know, to extend this in a big way and reach you know, not just one corporate Rootcom, but hundreds of corporates and hundreds and maybe scores of traders delivering energy to thousands and thousands of smaller customers. So it's not just one to one wheeling too big, from big to big, it's from you know, thousands of small, smaller customers throughout the network.
Speaker 3: What another way of looking at it be to suggest that it is a system that allows crystal cell power to Stephen, but there are many other fliers and buyers in the process, and Stephen is not actually consuming the power.
Speaker 2: That is produced by Chris.
Speaker 3: But it is a way of making sure that you are paid for the power that you produce, and that I receive the power that is due to me. So, in other words, you have billions of electrons running through a system. It doesn't matter who generates or who consumes them, so long as the right number are generated and the right number are consumed and the billing system works.
Speaker 4: Essentially, it's not a pretty flow of electrons when he's talking about here. It's really an alloctation of generated energy and allocated it in a correct manner, in a fair and proper manner, accurately to thousands of off takers and handling the billing. And essentially what it means is that that you're let's say you're a customer embedded in a municipal network. You're going to pay your municipal distributor as you're you're going to get billed with your normal meter from your municipality, and you're going to pay your pay your monthly account to the municipality. But a couple of months later, you're going to get effectively a check in the post from the trader or from Escom, which gives you a credit on your account, thus reducing the cost of electricity because you've paid your electricity bill. The relationship with the municipality stays absolutely unchanged. Municipalities don't lose out. They're not losing revenue as a result of virtual reeling. The beneficiary is the customer who gets to check in the post for the green energy generated into the grid by a generator at some remote geographic point.
Speaker 3: Christiland, I really appreciate the explanation, Thank you very much. Indeed, Christiland is the energy analyst, and as you know, and of course the person who really is an expert on all of these things. Chris, thank you. Seventeen minutes after six none explain well. Over the last few days, you'll have seen in the US the extraordinary battle for Warner Brothers Discovery. First, they said they would do a merger deal with Netflix in Paramount Skydine said they would buy Warner Brothers instead. The board of Warner Brothers has gone hostile on that Saint Paramount was misleading their shareholders. I don't know how this is going to turn out, except to say it's going to get nice and ugly. I do wonder though, what it might do for the content on different platforms. Here, Tina s Ferreira's the TV critic. He understands this industry very well. Tina's good evening, Good to talk again. I mean, the first obvious point to make is that clearly people see Warner Brothers as very valuable. They are one hundred years old, and they earn a massive amount of quality material.
Speaker 5: They actually have the biggest TV studio and film studio in the US and in the world, and they are also sort of the name that's sort of most synonymous with the most sort of prestige or premium TV content. They own HBO that not only make Game of Thrones and those kinds of like spin offs, but a lot of these legacy legacy shows that still reruns and do very well, like Friends and Small Ball and Gossip Girl and things like this. So it's going to be, yeah, very interesting, and the process that kind of take at least a year to a year and a half to go through the regulatory process in the US to see who's going to end up if anybody being able to acquire Warner Bross.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've watched my children laugh as hard at Bugs Bunny as I did, still kind of laugh hard at the obvious point, I suppose is that if the Netflix merger deal goes through, there will be a lot of bugs bunny on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Netflix has always been kind of like this wanna be about a decade ago, Well, Warner thing was part of a time Warner and they sort of said the chance that needs would become anything is sort of the same as the Albanian Army sort of winning the war, and lo and behold the irony the Albanian Army has won. Netflix is now sort of bigger, but they don't have really the studio or the production capacity or the prestige that a Warner Brass or Paramount or one of these sort of institutionalized Hollywood studios have. So they want to buy one of these because then they don't have to sort of set up all of the netti gritty. You just buy the studio, and then with that comes the expertise, the skill, the filmmakers, the connections to a James Cameron who makes Titanic and things like that. So that's really the reason. And then a lot of that content, although a Warner Brass will still sort of funnel content to where they have a lot of that back cut Log will obviously end up on Netflix because Netflix.
Speaker 3: Will own it if it goes the other way Mount sky Dance. I mean that's a bit more complicated.
Speaker 2: I presume.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because earlier this year Paramount itself was bought by sky Dance. Paramount itself was sort of struggling. And why Paramount is looking for Warner Brass is because it's sort of more an existential challenge one existential threat. They are both classic Hollywood studios and they are struggling. It's sort of like the little ones who go we need to band together against the bigger Netflix, Netflix. Although it wants the prestige content once, kind of like that HBO feel, it desperately wants to win the Oscars, which still really hasn't. They don't really need Warner, but Paramount really needs a Warner, or a Warner really needs Paramount. Although now Warner is rebuffing Paramount, and if Paramount succeeds in getting Warner, they will obviously be able to be a bigger bird, the biggest swan in the pond. So it's going to be in and but Warner now doesn't want to buy it. They are more in bed with Netflix, they see Paramount is sort of like a hostile kind of like a bird. So it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the regulatory environment in the US where Paramount is sort of more aligned with the conservative side on the Donald Trump side of things, and Netflix is more aligned kind of like with the Democrats, stay more friendlier with the Obamas and things like that. So well, it's going to be interesting. Beyond just being sort of like a media war, film studio war, it's also a political war.
Speaker 3: So I mean CNN sort of seen in US terms as liberal part of Warner Brothers. I can I can imagine them in the Netflix kind of universe. I can imagine them. I imagine it might be a way for Netflix to have a streaming news service finally, but a battle to understand to see them at Paramount, I mean, I think the newsroom would be an open revolt and that would probably destroy CNN value.
Speaker 5: So not to make it too complicated, but yes, another thing, the two deals are different. If Netflix buys Warner Brass, they won't buy the TV channels, so all of those things like Discovery and CNN will become its own separate company, won't belong to Netflix, so you can kind of say, quote unquote, a CNN would be safe, a food network would be safe. Paramount that has put in a higher bird hundreds and eight vollion. They want the whole of Warner, including the TV channels and now keep in mind the more conservative leaning. And that's why that part is also freaking out people working at CNN because they're like, what's going to happen here. Donald Trump has been on the record that he wants CNN to change, he wants CNE to stop. He sort of denigrates their journalists, as he does with all of the media reporters in America. So with Paramount, you'll see drastic changes with CNN. With Netflix, CNN might also still change, but at least it won't belong to Netflix DStv.
Speaker 3: I'm sure watching this closely, they're going through big changes themselves, plus now owns them.
Speaker 2: Does this affect they're offering much? Does it matter?
Speaker 3: I mean, I presume in their long term agreements, although one of them comes to an end in a few days time.
Speaker 5: You're really making people's head spins on a FIDA afternoon. So there's yet another wrinkle in the story. Well, multi Choice that now belongs to Canal Blues, the French company that the contract for twelve of those channels that come from Warner, which Netflix wouldn't buy. That carriage agreement is running out at the end of the year. Those twelve channels are hugely popular and hugely important to DStv. Just Cartoon Network that you mentioned your kids watch, that one channel has forty nine percent of the total audience share of all kids viewing on d STV. Multi Choice wouldn't want people to know that, neither Warner, so take that one channel away. All of the other kids viewing is also the other fifty percent. A channel like TNT is the number one rated international movie channel on the whole of the ESTV. Can you really imagine that the ESTV without the CNN, a Discovery Channel, a cartoon network. You can't really and both of them really need each other. The negotiations are extremely contentious. It is still going on. We're either got to see the channels go dark at the end of the year, then maybe they come back after a few weeks as they sort of play high New Cowboys stakes, or that we might see them do a deal, or it might go dark and we never see a deal because some of these channels have disappeared on some of the traditional PATV operators in New Zealand Australia, and then they're just sort of gone forever. As we see the traditional PATV model just sort of slowly disintegrate and.
Speaker 3: Very quickly, you know, So, I mean DStv next year, Canel pluss may big promises. They're talking about a sort of single app. We've seen a few experiments already. There was that sort of long weekend where things are much cheaper. What are you expecting from them in the new year.
Speaker 5: I will be honest as a journalist, I don't know. Maxine Soda and David Muneau, the new bosses, said that by the end of the year, and how ironic the STV would have more content and more and better services instead of that. We're definitely going on d STV I at least four fewer channels, maybe up to sixteen when we lose the other twelve of Warner Brass. And we're also seeing the OSCARS is now jumping from twenty to twenty nine. They signed a new deal with There's only one thing really scaring Netflix. Everyone's scared by Netflix, but who is Netflix skateed by by Google and YouTube. So the OSCARS is signed a new contractor leaving a few years from MT. So it's another local building block that's slowly getting cracked away, stripped away. So we're seeing all of these things that used to be premium content leave traditional DStv, and I see it as a train and I don't know how it will play out, but I'm sure that DStv and Inmate will continue to lose content in twenty twenty six, whether it was still multi choice or whether it's Canal plus earning them. The future looks dire.
Speaker 3: All right, Tiness Freerra, thank you very much. Indeed, well let's see how they respond. Tins to appreciate it. Twenty seven after six The money show Luck, I'm Guni's chief investment officers has been Guela Global fund Managers. We lack a good evening the great pivot of twenty twenty five. I mean, central banks are finally blinking. We have a lower we have a lower inflation target.
Speaker 2: What are you protecting for next year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You not. I think I would expect that we would see a continuation of moderate inflation across the board. But moddly because the main driver of inflation in consumption is not so strong across the board, whether in Essay and Drouble. But I do think that if we get some rate support by the central banks, were likely to see that the consumer code hold up and inflation could maybe marginally thick up. But I think the first half would probably be similar to what we have seeing now. In they said in the fourth quarter, sure.
Speaker 2: Quite optimistic Nike in the UK.
Speaker 3: In the US, they shares are down there and this is because China's sales are down seventeen percent.
Speaker 2: This is I mean, that's that's huge. What's going on with middle classes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's not only in middle class, and the middle classes is currently challenged, I think even in China. But I think one of the weaknesses didn't time like that is that Nike has failed to revamp their stores and and invest in their own so so it has been difficult for them to tuck the traffic into their source and they seem to have lost the plot there. Their competitors under Sports and Leaning are actually still the market share from them quite aggressively. So it is a ten a round that was promised, But I don't know if we are seeing any progress on that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure so ninety one saying last week, excuse me, we spoke to John Pickard about it, great confidence about next year.
Speaker 2: A lot of this is about politics.
Speaker 3: Do you think that money might move away from kind of quite expensive AI shares into sort of starting more boring South African shares.
Speaker 7: I think we've already seen that trend, and I think we're also seeing it through the pervement of trend. That there is quite a minionful buy buy in into these and the bond market. But I think that the next year would probably be in better. I think there is a high for yield on the bond side, but also on the stock side, our stocks are relatively attractive, and I think with a stronger rand we likely to see our companies getting a relief, some sort of relief from a cost input cost point of view. So are the optimistic as well into twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, I mean the JC all share, I mean holding at very very high levels. There does seem to be a real change with how people are understanding our economy, with what's going on under the hood.
Speaker 7: Definitely think. I think despite the missteps that we are seeing in the retail sector. I think, the banking sector, and the insurance sector, and the retail the food retail sector. I mean, I still think that Chapel is a good position to be in. Into twenty twenty six, I think someone is a good position to be in. I think net Bank having shared of the ETI holding in Nigeria, I think that's also a good position to be in. So there are some opportunities, but obviously they is one need to exercise question around some of the stocks in the retail sector where they have been beating hard and they look attractive, but there's also possible mistakes that they could commit, like they supplies.
Speaker 2: You're not a.
Speaker 3: Fan of that. I noticed I saw your reports. I mean, you basically suggest mister Price is making the same mistake everybody else's made.
Speaker 7: Indeed, I think I think they are, and I think there is an obsession about international expansion, but also expanding into mature markets, into industries that or at least markets that they don't know very well, and they think they can fix up companies there. I don't think we appreciate some of the privileges of operating to in any current that is semi close like ours. So they are underestimating the level of competition and the supplies, say, going into Germany would be a massive valuity discussion. Were already seen Spa doing the same thing, and there's Alta shopping, So I would be opposed to the transactionion, and I think our teams working hard to actually put our case across multiple forums to get this opposed.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, so Lo, thank you very much. Indeed, so like I'm Gunney's the chief investment officer has been Guello Global Fund Managers. Twenty one minute, it's just let me start again. Twenty nine minutes now to seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Stephen is on x at at Stephen twenty three minutes now to seven the time. Well, I won't lie.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking a little bit about holidays over the last little while, and I would really like to hear from you on your sort of best and worst holiday surprises. So you looked at a website it promised, I don't know, seventeen pools, automatic waves, free surfboards, drinks and pineapples. And you got there and there was, you know, a puddle, or you went to a place and you thought, well this is a bit cheap. I don't know if this is going to be great. You get there and there's seventeen pools and drinks and pineapples and all the rest. Probably best if you don't include the name, because you know, but seven two, seven oh two one, seven oh two. What's been your best and your worst surprises? Or maybe there was a town that you know, your mother in law or someone dragged you to and you thought to yourself, Ah, why do I have to go to you know, not so cool Storp or whatever? And you get there and it's actually party central, you know, like be really good to hear your story. It's twenty two minutes now to.
Speaker 2: Seven ewl Sport. Didn't you grow up and not so cool Storp? And I'm from the east, from the east.
Speaker 8: Dare you speaking of those vacations spots? Recently we went to now Sprit. On the website it looked like you're going to go to like a nice old vintage house. Yeah, no, I think they missed took vintage for old because everything was atrocious. I remember even when me and my friend that I were traveling, I was like, please let me write the email on Monday because I'm ready to read them for fourth and then a surprising one was when we went to Durban. All they did was show us just like the accommodation that we were going to stay in. I was like, oh, it's a normal apartments. What they don't tell you that you literally wake up and see the beach Like if you just told me that, we wouldn't have it.
Speaker 2: It was the most perfect accommodation.
Speaker 8: Every time we think about going back to Durban, you know exactly where we're going to stay.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was seven two seven two one seven two. Can you beat Toler Kelley's story. You've got twenty one minutes to do it for the.
Speaker 2: Money show, The Friday File, The Friday.
Speaker 3: File eighteen minutes now to seven the time. Well, I don't know what you're doing over the first of season. I hoping that you are going away, that you're doing something. Maybe you're going to a new place. I'm sure you also have stories about holidays where things have gone slightly wrong or very right to per see from qu Nazi is a travel writers syces. So good evening, it's been many years. Good to talk to you again. I think many of us just think, look, I'm gonna pack and we're going to go. Are there things you should think about a little more carefully before you sort of you know, get in the car and see how fast you can get going.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, it's so good to talk to you against Steven. Yeah, you know what I say to people at this time of the year, because we all of us, actually, I'm gonna say most of us are last minute dot com. We're all scrambling to find the perfect holiday right today, on the nineteenth of December, we think that we're going to get it right. It is kind of possible if you have a mindset change. If you are going to go to the tourist hotspots that's Jobert, k Town, Durban, the ones that you know Cadeja as well, you are going to really struggle. But what you want to do if you haven't booked just yet and you're trying to stretch your money, go away. The tourists are not going right. So, for example, accommodation, instead of going to the city center or the super Bowl of Cape Town, you book about twenty kilometers away. That's more like the Bealvo side of things. You are going to save about twenty to thirty percent on accommodation, and accommodation is what someth Africans spend the most on holiday, So if you're smart about where you are booking, you're already going to save about twenty to thirty percent, which is huge on holiday.
Speaker 3: I would think also, maybe you give Cape Town a skip. I mean, we've had advice on the show going to the interior of the country and see what you find. I mean, I sometimes think, I mean, I get it. I love the coast. I'm not so much a game person. I have to tell you, I really do like to go to the beach, and that's what I'm doing. But I mean there must be lots of value in other places too.
Speaker 4: Yes, where I am right now, I'm in BLOOMPHNT day. People don't ever think that you can go on holiday in bloom Hunting because like you guys were joking around just now right, you were saying, it's not so cool towns, right, But these not so cool towns are where you need to go to stretch your rand. You are going to get so much more for your rand here in Blimpom then than you are going to in Durban because everyone is flocking to Durban, right, But I can tell you now, the shops, the ABNBS all the institutions around travel right here in Blimpant Day and other parts of the country. Like you're saying, in the interior right of the country, you are going to save so much more. We all love the beach, especially people like us. I'm from Joelburgh as well. Right any moment I get into the car and I drive down to either Cape Town or Durban or any other part of the country where I can get to see the sea. But you don't have to always go there, especially if you're trying to save a bit of money. If you're off the value, go to other parts of the country. Come to the Free States. I'm telling you, this place is absolutely beautiful. I love this part of the country. Go to the likes of Clarence. It's not only by the way, there are other parts that you can go to. Like I'm saying, I'm in bloom from day. People think, oh my word, what are you going to do in Blue Front Day? They have the most amazing food here. Number one. Number two, there's a lot of free activities, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Free.
Speaker 4: So I went to the National Museum of the Arts here and I went to a place called I think it's the Olive and Holt Art Museum Museum of Art, and it's absolutely beautiful and it's free, completely free.
Speaker 3: I think many of us and I'm guilty of this too. I have a family, So you like to go to a place you know a little bit, You meet other people's children, you watch them grow over the years. I know you're a lot more adventurous than our CITIZENSU but should we should we should we actually look at going to new places. Yes, have a coastal holiday one year, but next year, shake it up a little bit and go somewhere completely different.
Speaker 4: That is exactly my advice to all our listeners. One year, go to where you're comfortable.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: My wife is exactly like you, not as adventurous, so I have to kind of coax her into going to places where we've never been.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So while you go to the coast, you know what you expect. But then the year after that do the savings and then you say, listen, we are literally going to told our eyes, we're going to get a map and we're going to put a pin and we're just going to choose that place and we are driving there. There isn't a part of South Africa that is that is not interesting. I have traveled quite a bit in our country, and I promise you we have the best country in the world. But we tend to go to the same places over and over. But let's mix it up, right, Get that local flavor in the middle of the Northern Cape. Go to that Duness house. She has a beautiful B and B. Talk to her. She will tell you what they do to keep busy. Don't just always go and with the tourists.
Speaker 2: Go right.
Speaker 4: People love to Google, but Google is from people like Steven who are going to tell you the same thing over and over. Go to the Northern Cape. Go and find that what people are doing in Kinderle. That's where I'll be in a few days.
Speaker 2: If you are going to a place that you know, can you still shake it up?
Speaker 3: But by going to new places when you're there, I mean I don't just mean sort of new restaurants, but I mean actually get in the car and go somewhere completely different. You know, if you're in Cape Town, go to Belville, go somewhere else, Go and just see.
Speaker 2: What there is.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, I think we are creatures of habit, right. We go to Cata, like you're saying, and we go to the same resaurant, but there's so much that you can do. Day trips are one of the best things that you can do. Like you're saying you can go to balb but a lot of people don't even think it's worth going to Balvo. But there's so much to do, from the wine farmers to the food. I am doing a food tour in Balvoe. There's a huge Ethiopian heritage there right, So I'm going to do a walking food tour in the next two days. And I know it's brilliant. It's been recommended by a friend of mine who's also just as adventurous. So I think, think about stuff that you love and do the exact opposite. That's what you need to do.
Speaker 3: Wow Wow, Okay, well I'm not going to go and sit in a car for two weeks and look at animals. I mean I should, but honestly, no, you can see a zebra. It's a failure as an animal. The camouflage, doesn't it. I did want to ask in a slightly different thing, and if we look at a holiday or travel philosophically, so so travel for the sake of travel, which is what a holiday sort of is. It's not really about moving your physical being. I mean, obviously it is, but it's about something else. And is it worth sometimes having a conversation with yourself to say, what is it that I want to do? It's not just that, well, my company is closing down for two weeks over Christmas, and therefore I need to go and do something. But do I want to go to the beach because maybe you serve as a kidney want to pick it up again?
Speaker 2: Fine? Is it that I want to go and rest somewhere?
Speaker 3: Actually, probably within an hour of jobig there must be I don't know, five hundred places you could go that are very quiet? Is it because I want to go camping? I'm a big fan of that. I'm going to be very boring about it if we talk about it. Is there? What I'm trying to get to is do you need to stop them for a minute and think what do I want from a holiday? Do I want to be moved in a place I've ever been to? Do I want peace and quiet? Do I want party?
Speaker 2: Hearty? Is that a good place to start?
Speaker 4: It's a brilliant and brilliant place to start. In fact, that's where I always start. Like what do I want from this type of holiday? For example, sometimes I want to completely switch off in no electronics. No one must be able to get a hold of me for two or three days. There are places where you can go where you won't even have phone signals. So that's the type of holiday that you're looking for. You need to be able to plan for that. Maybe tell you, but you move gone for three three days, you are fine. You are just your stitch so off. If you don't have that objective of what you want from your holiday, after a week or two weeks, or however long it's being, you are going to regret that time, right, Like, oh my goodness, I actually wanted to be to be in a quiet spot, but I ended up in a place that was so loud. You never want to do that on holiday. But if you have an objective, this is what I want. I want a party mood for two weeks. You can do that. You can go bar hopping for two weeks. It's absolutely comfortable. But that's horrible if you are looking to rest, if we are, if you've had a really tough turning in twenty five and you really want to have a mental break, you know you don't want anyone within a one hundred kilometers of you, right within the upplate plenty of places with South Africa like that. But if you don't start there and say what do I want from this holiday, then you are actually signing up to yourself for disaster SISO.
Speaker 3: Is there a place, and I know you've been to many many parts of the is there a place or an experience that maybe stays with you more than others, a place that maybe surprised you the most or maybe and I think this like a valuable holiday can give you this, It can make you think about life in a different way. I mean, I cannot imagine the life of someone who goes out on a boat every day and fishes for a living, and whenever I see that, I'm like, wow, that's so different to my life. Or when I see people living in a small town where everybody knows each other.
Speaker 2: Again so different. I mean, part of me is envious and part of me isn't. Is there a particular place that you've sort of arrived or as you've left, you thought, actually, this place is going to stay with me for some time. And if there is a lot of money, it's not Johannesburg.
Speaker 4: It's most definitely is my Joe bug I love Joeberg by the definitely is so. I am a huge fan of townships.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So in Danza, I don't know this up until I think two years ago. I went river rafting in the middle of Danzana. There is a guy who is a guide in danzan and you do kayaking, you do river rafting in Tanzana. I will never forget that because I've done kayaking and river rafting in other parts of the world and in South Africa. But when I got to do it in Dantown, I thought, this is amazing. I'm here in the middle of the Eastern Cape and I'm doing kayaking. That will always always stay with me.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean I think of experiences like that. I was in a place over the weekend this last weekend, I mean less than two hours away from joe Burg. I was on my bicycle and they were for giraffe. Surely, at some point the rest of the world is going to wake up to this and we're going to make an absolute fortune when that happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope the rest of the world really does wake up to that. And my prayer always is let's leave the hot spots alone. They don't need us, they don't need our money, but the rest of the country does. Like where you were two hours outside of Jobert, you don't even have to drive that far outside of Joberg to these magical places. I'm a cyclist myself. I love my mountain bike because it allows me to be able to soak things in. You know, the environment where I'm in, so to be able to cycle two hours outside of Jobert is magical. The air is clean, it's green, it's just lush. And the rest of the world, I can tell you now you get more foreigners coming into South Africa to do those types of activities down South Africans because again South Africans tend to go to these tourist hospots. We are comfortable with delban caped on Jobert, but we don't want to kind of get out there and say, listen, what else can I do? This beautiful advast country of hours where have I not been? Let me go to that dorty.
Speaker 3: So this is so wonderful to talk to you again, Thank you so much. Sisum Quanazi is a travel writer. As you can hear five minutes now to seven.
Speaker 1: Stephen, taking your calls on oh one one three oh seven.
Speaker 3: Two sign for the Friday biz Blitz on The Money Show this Friday night.
Speaker 2: You know how it works. We put out a question.
Speaker 3: You call us on A double one double A three oh seven O two two one four four six, five six seven. If you get it right, we move on to the next question. If you get it wrong, we move on to the next caller. Okay, first question on the Friday bis Blitz. Which Major Hollywood Studios board has told shareholders to reject an offer because it says the people who've made the offer are lying. Which Major Hollywood Studios board has told shareholders to reject an offer because it says the people who've made that offer are lying. Oh double one double A three oh seven O two O two one four four six, five six seven.
Speaker 6: The Money Show, Stephen Crutez is brought to you by ABSIR c IB Proud Sole Leader Ranger and Infrastructure Finance Structuring Agent of the South African National Treasuries eleven point eight billion RAD Infrastructure and Development Finance Bond.
Speaker 5: The Money Show Frida eight bus.
Speaker 3: List double ONEA A three oh seven two two one four four six o five six seven. First question, which major Hollywood studios board has told shareholders to reject an offer because it says the people who've made the offer are lying. Let's start with Tuble and pro Tier Glenn Tabor. Hi, do you know the answer?
Speaker 4: Yes, I know the answer.
Speaker 2: What is it? Double h It's well abroad.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give it to you Warner Brothers Discovery. Yes it is Okay, okay, double, you're ready for the second question?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: What is the name of the person who has just been confirmed as the new US ambassador to South Africa? Do you know who the new American ambassador is who was confirmed by the Senate this week?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: My gosh, and I saw your speech as sometimes to their online double Oh oh oh gosh, I'm blank?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, double, thank you.
Speaker 3: Mark and Randberg has just dropped the line there, unfortunately, but O double one double eight, three, seven, two and two one four for six five sixty seven. Second question, let's a second question on the Money Show tonight. What is the name of the person who's just been confirmed to the new US ambassador? Let's try Mark and Randberg. There you are, Mark, do you know the answer?
Speaker 7: That's why I hang up?
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark, thank you. I appreciate it. Thanks Mark. The name of the person.
Speaker 3: Recording, he's being very generous about it. The name of the person who's just been confirmed as the new US ambassador to South Africa Mandler rose Bank. Mindla, I think we've spoken before. Good evening, I blind Bonzo it is.
Speaker 2: It's Leo Brent Bozel. The third I'm not sure where the third comes from.
Speaker 3: Okay, Next question, which major twenty billion rand coastal development is being planned near Ballito? It features a marina, residential estates and commercial space. We spoke to them last night, Mandla. Sorry, Just to the question, what is the name of the major twenty billion rand coastal development that's been planned near Bellito features a marina, residential estates and commercial space.
Speaker 2: It's gays Ada in North coast, Oh, Mandla?
Speaker 4: Would that be?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not kid there, I know.
Speaker 2: Not what.
Speaker 5: Any kid?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, Mindla, sorry, Mindla. But what is the name of that major coastal development that's been planned near Belito? Double one, double A three seven oh two two one four four six and fast six seven.
Speaker 2: Mark from Ramberg you think you know this one?
Speaker 4: I think it's a club made No.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Mark, I'm hoping that tomorrow is kind of to you. Mark. Sorry, no thanks though, Mark on the line from Ramberg.
Speaker 3: The answer, I'm afraid is the Zimbali Marina and state development. Good evening, it's seven