Speaker 1: Seven o two Change Your Mindset. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: This is a seven o two the Aubrey mas Angle Show. Of course, this is not Aubreu Masano. My name is Comenso Medica. I'm in for Brad Orbs and this is the third hour of the show. Time for us to speak about changing our mindset. And we're staying with the theme of money, and we're talking to someone who's going to help us make sense of the psychology of money, and that is Stanley Beckett. Stanley is author and consultant at Change A Creator is a Stanley.
Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good evenings, more too, it's last met too, and good evening to you and to all our listeners.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Stanley.
Speaker 2: I mean the book we're going to be going through the psychology of money entitled Tales You Win, you know, and I wanted to find out from you first what when we speak about psychology and money? What goes into the psychology around money? Is it just the thoughts that we hold about money? Is it the perceptions that we hold about money?
Speaker 1: What is it.
Speaker 4: That's interesting? You know? I was thinking about it now as we were preparing.
Speaker 3: For it, and you know when it comes to money, I think most people don't realize there's three planes of existence.
Speaker 4: We experience life, I believe.
Speaker 3: And I think on the same way, money can be experienced on three different planes. And I think so many times we tend to focus on one of the planes more than the others, sometimes even at the exclusion of others, and having that whole complete picture. To me, really through my years of studying, it is what we need to understand. And we have different experts that focus on different planes, and tonight we're focusing on one of them. So the three planes, the first one is your physical plane, so people, I think that's where the majority of people understand money. They understand it on a physical plan, so they understand if I work, I get money. Yeah, you know, we actually need to have all conversation about what money really is because I think the misunderstanding of what money really is is what keeps so many people from attaining it and from getting it. You know, I always say, money isn't something you make. It's only at the mint that people make money. Money is something you attract and understanding how to do that is something that very few people understand properly because we don't understand all three planes.
Speaker 4: But we understand the physical plane.
Speaker 3: We understand that direct correlation if I work and how I get money in. But then we then we got the two other planes that we need to understand better, and one of them is we have an intellect.
Speaker 4: So on the mind level, how does money work there for you?
Speaker 3: Because was the more you're able to work on the level of the mind, the more money I think.
Speaker 4: I believe you'll attract money on the physical right.
Speaker 3: But like I said, unfortunately too many people only work on the physical level, never really understand the mind level.
Speaker 4: So on the physical level, we've got a.
Speaker 3: Lot of education, a lot of tools about money. We've got great people who teaching that area and the same thing in the mind, you know. And Morgan Housel, he's one of these people. They talk about the psychology of money, the importance of understanding that on a psychological level you can can attract or repel money in your life on a psychological level.
Speaker 2: Let's get on to that.
Speaker 3: I'll mention the third level, which because it's also important, each level makes I believe your attraction force towards money stronger. And the third level is on the spiritual level, that's a much deeper level that.
Speaker 4: That you will get.
Speaker 3: For example, I don't know if you know of someone whose name is doctor Joe Despenser, he will work on that level.
Speaker 4: And how do how do we attract this energy called money?
Speaker 3: Bob Proctor one of my mentors who passed away years ago, he will also used to talk on that level. So for most people we stuck on the physical level. But if we can learn to start attracting money on the intellectual level and then on the spiritual level, you become a much bigger attraction force for money. So you're right this book that we're talking about the psychology of money. What Aubrey and I have been doing the last few weeks, we decided, let's unpacked each chapter chapter by chapter.
Speaker 4: Let's see what that message in each chapter is. And if I can just.
Speaker 3: Sort of just for yourself, maybe you're hearing this for the first time and for some of the other listeners hearing it the first few chapters, if I can sum it up into into two words for me, the first few chapters that we went through were about two things forgiveness and comparison. So we actually I work with a group on every Monday night and we go into a lot more detail to these chapters than I've been redoing them and refocusing on them. And what came through for me very strong, is that in order to attract more money into your life, you've first got to learn to forgive yourself for pause mistakes. Too many people don't haven't forgiven themselves, you know, because we all make mistakes, we all spend money on things we shouldn't have. We all know we could have done better, right, But if you cannot forgive yourself, then you cannot become an attractive force for money.
Speaker 4: You have to learn to let go.
Speaker 3: You even have to learn let learn to let go of things that we're done to you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I know for example, and I speak to people and there's there's someone that we're sharing with us that she's still sitting with something the decision she still feels to this day that she made ten years ago, that lost in that time a lot of money that she still feels today she's still stuck and.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have many because of what you made ten years ago, that was ten years ago. When can you forgive yourself?
Speaker 3: When are you going to let it go so that you can create a new space to attract money, right, So that and then the second thing is comparison. You know, we compare ourselves, and when we compare ourselves, we don't do a fair comparison.
Speaker 4: So I won't going to compare myself to my next door neighbor, not really.
Speaker 3: When it comes to money, I compare myself to the billionaires out there. I compare to myself to those who are really rich. And every time I'm going to compare myself to that, I'm going to I'm going to come short, and I'm again going to feel like I can't attract money.
Speaker 4: So I again repelled the ability to do that.
Speaker 3: And what those first few chapters were about understanding the psychology behind that and understanding that nobody's crazy. We all every person looks crazy to the next person when it comes to money, but we're all only acting towards money the way we were taught to growing up and our experiences in life.
Speaker 4: And secondly, these people that you see that's billionaires and stuff, that.
Speaker 3: Was the one time lucky thing, something that happened to be in the right that were born either in the right place like Bill Gates, for example, he happened to be lucky to be one of the only students in the world at that time that had access to a computer lab back in the nineteen sixties in his school.
Speaker 4: Had that not been the situation, Bill Gates today might not have been Bill Gates.
Speaker 3: So that was what the first few chapters were about, is understanding in your psychology that it's time to forgive yourself and let go learn from the mistakes, but let go and certainly stop comparing. In this chapter tales, we're sort of going into a different part now of it.
Speaker 4: And what I want to do in the session.
Speaker 3: With you tonight's explained what tales we Win mean. He explain how it applies to us in our lives, and then leave it. Hopefully I have enough time to leave the listeners with just five. I chose five five habits that you can start building that can help you specifically develop this pot when it comes to the psychology of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a listener who may be listening to this for the first time, and I know that you've covered quite a bit with brah orbs, but you were speaking about attracting money. I want you to go through that really quickly for us, because it sounds like something really high up there. You know, attract money, But I mean, what do I practically have to do? Do I have to bath in something? Do I have to you know, look a certain way, be a certain way?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what it means to attract the money? And look, it's just the word I use, but it helps you understand how it works. The more it's kind of like think like a magnet, right, the more value you bring into the world, the more of a magnet towards money you've become, because that's really what money eats money. We've known money through the ages has been different things all the time, but it's always essentially been the same thing.
Speaker 4: So it went from from from gold coins.
Speaker 3: Through first even before that, there was a bartering system, and then they started realizing I can't carry ten cows every time to you every time, I want so many chickens or so much corn. So they would start writing an IO you on a piece of paper. That became the first symbol of money. Then the king wanted to have control all of that, so we had gold coins made with his Stampanese face on it that became money. Through the years, we have this funny looking paper you go to every country, and there's all this different, funny looking.
Speaker 4: Paper they call that money.
Speaker 3: There was a time, if you remember, you ad like a check book where you could just write your name and write some amount on it and sign it. That was money. Then we went through credit cards that became money. Now money is not even those things. It's just zeros and ones on a computer screen. But all along it's always been the same thing. Money is an energy and it's an exchange of value. So if I see something and I value it, that makes me decide how much this thing I call money am I willing to give for it? And when we say attracting money, something you attract. What we are saying is that if you are not making what in your mind is enough money, job isn't to go and make more money. In other words, go and work harder. Your job is to find a way to become more valuable so that you can attract more money. So you can do that in various ways. So the more you study, for example, a subject that is needed that people need expertise in, the more valuable you become. Some people will go into a business and create a product that helps ease some part of many people's lives. And people absolutely want that product that's value. So then they've created something of value that attracts money. Today, some people will have a skill that very few other people will have, will be really good at what they do. You know, that's the other way you can do it. Be so good that you become irreplaceable in the minds of people you work in with.
Speaker 4: Then you will attract more money.
Speaker 3: So there's different ways to attract money, but it always comes down to the same thing. The value you give and the value you give cannot increase without understanding the spiritual side of money, the mental side of money, and the physical side, and how the three work together. As I said, this specific book, the Psychology of Money, it focuses primarily on the mind in the Psychology Beyond Money.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into chapter six of the book, which is where we are now, and it speaks about something called tail events.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'll explain that one a little bit. So what Morgan Housles, I'm going to sort of explain what he says in this chapter. And by the way, I tell all our listeners and yourself included, if you haven't read this book yet, do yourself a favor and get it and read it. And I always offer and I will get at the end of the session all our listeners, if they want, all they need to do is email me and I'll send them a copy of it for free. Because this is something we are South Africans. We need to get smarter in the way we think about money. And I think everybody should learn this. And in this chapter, so I'm taken out of the chapter that he talks about. He first off says that a few big events actually drive most of the outcomes in your life.
Speaker 4: So in business and investing in life is it's never You're never.
Speaker 3: Going to win all the time. And I actually want to say this upfront. This chapter isn't actually about winning. This chapter is about failure. This chapter is about how do you overcome failure and learn from it? Because he says, if you look at life generally, and you can look at the most successful people, they failed more times than they succeeded. Right, But he said, it's those small number of wins that people see. They don't see all the failures. They don't see all the times you lost money, they don't see all the times you struggled, Right, It's those small number of wins that often account for the majority of results in life. And this is what he calls those rare tail events. They are sort of like the tail at the end of your story, but you needed that story to be able to get to the tail. And then he gives a couple of examples, which I'll give you. He says, first of all, if you look at Walt Disney, Walt Disney, he made over four five hundred movies and cartoons that people just didn't like it, and it looked like he was.
Speaker 4: Going to fail.
Speaker 3: It looked like that they weren't going to be able to hate this dream that they had. But then he created snow White in the Seven Wars back in the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 4: That movie was such a hit that it put Disney on the map.
Speaker 3: It gave him the resources, it gave him the investment, that gave him everything he needed to start the Disney empire that we know today. But remember that was the tail end of over four five hundred different projects he attempted that just didn't work for him. But every time he was doing it, he was learning, he was growing, he was understanding the market.
Speaker 4: The Morgan Housel speaks about someone else.
Speaker 3: In the beginning of the book, a guy from Germany called Heinz bergen Bergrin.
Speaker 1: I was really nervous to say that. Now I was like Heinz Berg.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: So he escaped Nazi during the I mean the Nazi and went to the years and for many years, for most of his life, he collected art and pieces of art, and he had paintings from Picasso, from Matisse, all these original paintings, and he sold those paintings to the German, to Germany towards sort of fluck late on in his life. For over back then it was one hundred million dollars, right, the Germans saw this as a bargain because he actually should have sold it for a few billion dollars, but he gave it over all, right, he had this huge amount of beautiful art and it was so valuable, but he also had that ninety nine point nine percent of the art that he had was worthless, right, it didn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't make money.
Speaker 3: But those few little art pieces he had, that's what gave him misfortune. But he kept buying and buying and buying and investing. So it wasn't you look at him and you think while you're so successful. No, it was actually a very small part of what he had was actually could be quint that it's successful. This law even works in the stock market, right It follows this law of tales. So if you think about it, since nineteen eighty seven percent of public company companies, which are the big winners, actually account for all of the market grates, only seven percent of all the markets in the stock I mean companies in the stock market, right, well, forty percent of the companies failed straight away. And it's only a handful of superstar companies. If you think of companies like Microsoft, Apple, and Amazon that outweigh the hundreds of thousands of media companies, it's.
Speaker 4: Always a small amount.
Speaker 3: If you think of someone like Jeff Bezos, right if you look at Amazon, Amazon, he had some horrible ideas.
Speaker 4: They had some marrable products.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if you remember, there was a there was a thing they created called the firephone. It was a complete flop. It almost brought the company to bankruptcy. But based on them panic Instead, he said, if you think that was a big don't worry. We working on much bigger failures right now. So he understood that life is about failing and learning from those mistakes. Yeah, and that you need to keep going. And this is what people need to understand I think, psychology wise, in this chapter is that in order to get to the tails, you've got to flip that coin enough time. Still it eventually lands on tails. But too many people give up before they ever get there. Too many people believe psychologically look at their mistakes.
Speaker 4: I think it's what I said in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Don't forgive themselves, don't let go, so they don't learn the most important lesson. They don't understand how important it is to have three of the biggest qualities and I'll get to them just out that ground. And because they don't have that, they never win begin life. They never get to what's actually potentially possible for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really what this chapter is about. Yes, understanding. I just want to come in there because you know sounds. I mean, the idea really is staying in the game long enough right for that big win, right, which you'll ultimately get.
Speaker 1: But what do you do in the meantime?
Speaker 2: You know, and Lissa maybe thinking, I mean, and while you are buying the one hundred thousand paintings that are worth nothing, you know, and you're waiting for the goal at the end.
Speaker 1: What do you do to keep going?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Look, keeping going?
Speaker 3: I think so if you if you're speaking about surviving, I think that's possible, right, And I'm I suppose in a way, Morgan Housel, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Isn't talking to the survivors.
Speaker 3: He's talking to those people who want more, right, He's talking to those people that want financial freedom.
Speaker 4: I always use that word mortal. I'll tell you why, because for most.
Speaker 3: People, the idea of being extremely wealthy so far out of their reality that that they never actually seriously go for it. Okay, but I believe financial freedom is possible for any person, doesn't matter what your situation currently in life is its possible. So let's quickly talk about what I mean when I say financial freedom. Financial freedom is the day that the money that comes in not from your job, but the money that comes in from passive incomes. So, in other words, you've worked long and hard to create streams of income that bring you money, right even when you're not working. The day that that money from passive income is greater than your daily expenses, you are financially free. And I believe that's possible for anybody right with the right mindset and right with the right work. So that's a goal that's achievable for us all. And when i'm when I what I'm saying tonight is that if you if you want to get there, then then then you've got to be willing to do what they speak about in this book and what all successful people speak about.
Speaker 4: You've got to put in the work.
Speaker 3: You've got to be I'm not look, you've got to look after yourself day by day, But what is your plan outside of your day by day?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: And someone said this to me once and I've never forgotten it. Set becoming wealthy and financially free is not what you do from nine to five. It's what you do in between those times. So it's not that job that you have every day. What are you doing in between that are you going home every night? And yeah, I'm speaking to the people working. I mean there's different class, but tonight I'll speak to your nine to five job. Do you know that it's the only source of income you have, is your nine to five job.
Speaker 4: You are in a very precoous, curious position.
Speaker 3: You just don't know it, because in any moment and life has become so unpredictable. You could lose your job, you could have retrenchment, so you could say that I need journeymore.
Speaker 4: What do you have as a backup plan? What are you doing between nine to five?
Speaker 3: So if you're going home every night and all you're doing is in front of the TV, and you're watching television and you're saying yes, like so many people say, I worked hard today, I need a break, then you're never going to get to a point where passive income and something more becomes possible for You've got to look outside. So to answer your questions, yeah, keep doing what you're doing, But what are you doing outside of that to at least give yourself a chance? So it's not saying that every person is going to get there, but I can one hundred percent guarantee you're not going to get there if you.
Speaker 4: Don't do something about it.
Speaker 3: But what are you doing in between those times to give yourself at least a chance to be in the game so that you can at least start heading towards understanding how to attract more money from you And there's never been a better time in life in all of human existence. There's never been a better time to make passive money from a worldwide audience than what there is today. But unless we educate ourselves, unless we really start putting this seriously and making it one of our goals, because it won't happen until it's a goal. Happen until you say today is the day I start understanding how to attract more money into my life, then you'll just just be getting by. So I'm talking to those people that are doing the extra Yeah, those people that are putting in that extra effort that feel like what's the point because I never see things happening. It feels like I'm always stuck. Tonight, Morgan House also speaking about them and saying, listen, you need a few characteristics, and I'll get to them now. But you need certain characteristics and if you just keep using those characters and some of the habits, I'll also try and mention if we have time, you will even get there.
Speaker 2: So before we get into the characteristics, I just want to invite our listeners who are listening to this really important conversation. We're taking your calls on zero double one double a three oh seven O two. That's zero double one double a three oh seven o two. Give us a call and let us know what you think about this conversation. And is this something that sounds like it's practical to you? All right standing? Yeah, you wanted to kick us off there.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to mention the three character the reistic you need to develop as mentioned by morgen Hausel in the specific chapter. Yes, and then the very first one I just want to pause on as well. I'm told mention the thing and come back to the first because it's a very important one. But he says the first one is perseverance. That's a characteristic you have to have if you are going to win in life. The second one, especially when it comes to money and success, is he mentions experimentation. So you've got to be willing to experiment. You've got to be willing to try different things and be okay if you don't fail.
Speaker 4: But what do you learn from them?
Speaker 3: There's I forget his name now, but it's a young guy on the show and in the UK called the Dragon's Den Very successful in company is a billionaiready and he says the reason he is so successful is because he does things faster. He looks at the ideas thinks it might work. He doesn't sit and think, and he grabs it. He starts it, He looks at it, and he says, so many of his ideas are failed, but he says so many of his just as much, not not as much, but he says more important. Every now and then he finds an idea that's really successful. But he says, if you like most people and Napoleon you all says this in one of my other favorite books, Thinking Very Rich, if you like most people are unsuccessful in life.
Speaker 4: People are not successful.
Speaker 3: They take forever to make a decision, and when they make a decision, they change their mind all the time. So now finally I make a decision. Then I ask the next person and they give me a different point.
Speaker 4: Of view, and then I change my mind again. I go, maybe this isn't the right time, Maybe this is in the right investment.
Speaker 3: He says, successful people they make their minds up very quickly, and when they make their minds up, it's very hot.
Speaker 4: They hardly ever change it. They go for it.
Speaker 3: So that's what experimentation is. Try different things, see what works for you. You might be surprised. You might have a skilled or something that you're really so good at but you'll never discover it because you never tried it, because you always just stayed in your little nine to five box. So that's the second thing you need, this experimentation. And then the last one he said you need is resilience. He said, you've got it. You've got to have that toughness to go through the ups and downs. You must learn not to panic, like even when it's in the market. The markets go up, the markets go down. The people who are successful other the people who stay the course. Sometimes in life you're going to have successes. Sometimes you can have failures. The people who are successful are the people who stay the course on their goal and are always clear where they want to go. So those three characteristics odd things you have to develop if you're going to win. But I just want to mention that first one again, perseverance. Yes, and another word for that is persistence. Napoleon Yll in his book Thing Can Grow Rich an absolutely amazing book as well, he says in order to develop, he says, you cannot win in life, successful in anything in life without persistence, without perseverance. But he says, in order to have perseverance, again, there's four things you need. He says, the very first thing you need is you need to have what he calls a burning desire.
Speaker 4: That money that you go and that success that you're.
Speaker 3: Going for, there's got to be a why behind it, because I tell people you can fill a building from top to bottom with money, and I can tell you more towards all yours and it won't make you any happier. But what will make your happair is if I open the door, and so now you can take that money and go spend it. You see, we don't want money. We want what the money represents. We want that that money is going to do for us. So he says, the first thing you need is to build a burning desire. Why do you want that? Why do you want that success? What is it going to do for you? Make that clear in your mind, it says. If you don't have that, you won't persist. The second thing you need is a clear action plan. If you don't have at least some idea of an action plan, that's going to get it. So something you're working towards, some business you're busy building. Your nine to five job is not ever going to be it, but your ninety five job.
Speaker 4: The income you're getting from that, you're.
Speaker 3: Investing in something, you're building something else. You've got a plan of action for how you're going to make that money. You have to have that. The third thing you need is a mind closed to all negativity, because we all know there's nothing that can that can kill a dream quicker than a friend that says, oh, that'll never work, or a parent or spouse or somebody that doesn't believe in you. He says, you've got to be tough enough, because nobody's going to see your dream the way you do. You've got to be tough enough to have a mind close to all negativity. And then the last thing you need is to surround yourself. And this is such a crucial one and people miss this one so often. Surround yourself with like minded people, get into a mastermind of people that think the way you do.
Speaker 4: I always tell.
Speaker 3: People, if you have a group of friends, Let's say you have five friends and you are the wealthiest out of all of your.
Speaker 4: Friends, you are never going to become well.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: You've got to surround yourself with people who are wealthier than you are. They will bring you up to their level. And he says that's what we need to look at. If you can look at those four things, you can develop the persistence. And then you've got to be willing to experiment, which means you try different things. Some things will work, some things won't, but do it quicker, fail quicker so that you can learn the things that do work for you. And like I said last, you've got to have that resilience to understand things aren't always going to go well, but are you willing to continue while the thing's ongoing as well as what you think they should be. And those are the three things you mentioned in this chapter that you need to be able to get to that point where finally you find that table and you find that way.
Speaker 2: Stanley, I'm taking notes here. I'm sitting at taking notes as you speak. If I don't come out of this as a millionaire, I'm calling you. I'm calling you to find out what I did wrong. Perseverance, make your mind.
Speaker 4: Be well, we not know where to look rong?
Speaker 2: Yes, carry on the experimental, try different things, resilience, have a clear action plan, and close your mind off to negativity and surround yourself with the like minded people.
Speaker 4: Got it absolutely?
Speaker 3: And then and then ten that you're writing down while you're waiting to see if anybody want to. You know, sometimes I think our audience and they're so deep thinking they don't even know what.
Speaker 4: To say next. So that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: You know, we've really focusing on it and seeing that you're taking notes, and I'm really it really makes me happy to think that audience at home taking notes as well. Like I said, if we have the time, I'd also like to give just five habits that people can start cultivating if they aren't doing it already. That'll keep them on the course until they get to that point where suddenly, as Napoleon all says in his books and encouraged, when that money suddenly comes, you've been working for so many years, you know, Like I said, overnight success usually takes about ten years. When that thing finally hits you. He says, it comes so hard and so fast that you ask, where has this been all my life? My wish is to help every person listening to the get to that point.
Speaker 4: In their life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stanley Beckett talking us through chapter six of the book The Psychology of Money, and that's entitled Tales you when as someone who says anonymous as a seventy one year old pensioner. My only plan is buying lotto tickets.
Speaker 4: That's interesting one I've got to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are taking your calls on zero double one W three O seven to the zero double one double A three O seven O two. I'm also inviting you to send us your voice notes as well on zero seven two seven two one seven two and semessis on three one seven two. These really do sound like, you know, really good pieces of advice, especially because for most of us, you know Stanley, it's it's there not knowing where to start, you know it all just I mean, we know what you want, we kind of have a sense of the goal, and we're maybe even willing to put in the work, but we just don't know how to get started.
Speaker 3: True, And i'rew okay, and I'll tell you are yeah right. I believe that digging. Yeah, I believe it's not that we don't know how to start, it's that we don't know how it's going to end. I believe every person knows how to start. I believe every person. This has been for twenty years of working with people. I believe every person. If I to sit you down and you say you don't know where to start. I guarantee you you know at least the first step. It's not that you don't know what to do. And Aubit and I speak about this often. It's that you're not doing what you know you should be doing. It's called the knowing doing gap. We know what to do, and we like to use the excuse we don't know how to start. I know, and let's go. Remember I set to you there's a spiritual level of money as well. I'll just move into that just for a moment. I know that you will not, on a spiritual level, be given a desire to have something in your life without the ability to achieve it.
Speaker 4: It's not possible the two come together.
Speaker 3: And what stops us is we as human beings, we want to have certainty. We want to know the whole path that's going to get me from point A to point B. It's not that we don't know the next s pet, it's that we can't see the whole path, so we don't take that first step. And my mentor, Bob Proctor always used to say, if you think of these things in life, it's like driving a car at night between Victoria and Kiti. You don't have to see ten kilometers in front of you. You've got headlights. All you have to see is the next time or the next ten twenty fifty meters ahead of you. When you get there, you'll see the next When you get there, you'll see the next meters. But I'm arguing and saying, you know, I don't like saying someone's right or wrong. I'm just going to challenge you and say, challenge that thinking. And is it maybe more true that everybody actually does know at least the first step.
Speaker 4: But we're not taking that first step, and that's where we stuck.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's take a voice notes.
Speaker 6: Good evening, Good evening whom So how are you instantly? Yes, just a great show. I'm learning a lot because I'm running the business. I'm selling the fat cakes. I know very well. Stantley. Yes, the reader think that I've here. Whatever you have more you can start with it and then it will make big things. So important thing is to start what you have, then it can make so many breakthrough is Brian from Tatler home. A great show, Homoso and your COO and your guest Stanley, Thanks a lord, great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. Brian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stanley, I mean he's running a a bat cake business and it can be very lucrative.
Speaker 3: Look, I met Brian when he had absolutely He called that show and he had absolutely nothing and was like real desperate. But the only action step that Brian knew to take was to pick up the phone and phone and that action state led to a group of people that are spoke to saying let's let's all band together and help him start up his business. And that action step led him to him and his wife and his son now starting to sell these factags on the street, and that's going to lead to the next step. But now did Brian know in the beginning that that was going to be the path. No, the only thing Brian knew to do was to pick up the phone and speak. That's the only thing he knew to do. But yes, the thing he took action. How many other people listening to the show might have had that same thought that same night, if I just call in and explain, maybe somebody can help me.
Speaker 4: But they never picked up the phone, they never called. It reminds me of a story I saw.
Speaker 3: In a movie once where this person was a top A fighter pilot. You don't like in Top Gun, the movie those in their plant. And when he was interviewed and asked about his journey, he said, back in the nineteen eighties, like so many boys around the world, he saw that movie Top Gun, and he had this desire to become a fighter pilot. But his mats and his signs went very good. But besides, despite that, he went for it, and now years later he's a fighter pilot. And then they asked him, how did you become a fighter pilot when so many hundreds of thousands, if not more, boys who had that same dream watching that movie and had better mass and signs than you didn't become fighter pilot. And he said, simply because I filled in that application. Sometimes life is just about filling in that starting that application, just about taking that first step. So I come back to what you said there again, and hopefully this can inspire so many of our listeners. Maybe what's missing for you is not that you don't have the right opportunities. It's not that you went born in the right neighborhoods. Its not that you don't know the right people. Maybe the only thing that's missing for you at the moment is that you're not taking that first step. And man, when you take that first step, you'll understand the second step. Maybe the second step isn't possible to understand until you've taken that first step. Right, what is hold you back? And probably for so many of us, it's that psychology. And then if you'll allow me to say one more thing to that seventy one year old he wrote wrote in and said, the only hope is the lottery ticket. A man, I wish I could speak to that person and just tell them there's so much more hope for you than that.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter your age.
Speaker 3: Age is a psychological number we put as a as a hurdle in our own lives. No one else. We have somebody in our group that works with us if we work. Who's eighty six years old? Right, He's learning about AI, he's learning about the Internet, he's learning about ways of making passive money. If he, at the age of eighty six can do it, why can you not at the age of seventy one.
Speaker 4: He'd probably look at that seventy one year old and say, you're still a child.
Speaker 3: So you know, at least psychological barriers that are not given to us by life that we impose ourselves that we need to get out of our way and then we can start moving forward. And that's why a books such as this the Psychology behind Money is so important, Homoto.
Speaker 2: Standa, It's take some a phone calls. I'm seeing the lines flashing. Someone here, Kevin in Jemeston. Or let's start with Reginald, because you've been holding for rather long. Reginald, you're in Bocksburg and you want to ask about money, attracting money. Sorry about that, Reginald, you're on in now?
Speaker 7: Sorry, Yes, it's okay, Yeah, I just needed to ask, is it possible that it can start? Let's stay for your business with a hundred trund while you only have a hundred trund because I believe that actually for you to start a business and for it to be successful, you must self maybe an extra amount in a New York bank account.
Speaker 2: Stand there's that age old conversation and question around capital.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so what I'll tell you, and I'm hoping that you and listen.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 3: Test me on this and get hold of me when I leave my details, and I'll show you and I'll show you what I'm talking about. You don't even have to have one hundred grand to start. You can start with zero. You just have to start with the right intention, the right desire, and you just have to start take that first step. So do you need an undergrand? Yes, everybody knows the more capital you get, the easier, the faster you're going to move.
Speaker 4: But that should not stop you.
Speaker 3: So to answer the question, now, you don't need the undergrand, you need zero to get started.
Speaker 1: And Kevin, and you're in Jamston, you would like to agree.
Speaker 5: With stan completely. Thank you very much for the excellent show. Como and Stanley keep it up. And I still work for mister d. I started in twenty two January twenty twenty twenty two Sory thirteen January, And yes I did get in it for the money, but I've realized throughout this journey you don't go chasing after money. If you do the right thing, the right things will follow you. Last month I met I made the highest I've ever made of twenty two thousand net. Sure, so I totally agree with you. Keep up the excellent work.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you so much for that call. Kevin, really beautiful. Selet me to hear the successes people's successes as they grow in their businesses.
Speaker 3: Right, stan that's wonderful, And I sometimes wish on the show we could have more people calling in because when we see other people doing it, yeah, then we need to realize that person is no different than I am. That person just did different things differently than I do. But if I start doing not I don't know if you follows exact path it, but what that person did and what these callers did, what everyone that's respeke toight did, they took the first step, they took action, right, And that's my wish that these shows that we do can get that person sitting at home and feeling like there's no hope, right, I can get them just to realize.
Speaker 4: But listen, it's up to you.
Speaker 3: It's in your mindset, and it's what you decide to do, not yesterday, not in the year, time tomorrow. What do you wake up tomorrow and do differently? That's what's going to determine your future, not where you are right now.
Speaker 2: Stanley, I'm going to have to let you go, but I don't want to let you go before you give us those five tips very quickly in thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't have thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: So what I'll do is I'll agree that to it Aubrey show next year, and I mean when he's back or if you're there again next week, we will continue and we'll talk about those five tips because they need to be they need to be understood with a little bit of a conversation to understand.
Speaker 4: How to implement.
Speaker 2: Okay, give us your contact details so if people know where to find you, they're also asking how do they get your book, and they're also like a free copy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very excited to mention that we've got our new book coming out very soon.
Speaker 4: It's called how to Turn Your Bicycle into a Porsche.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to share that with our listeners when it comes. But if anybody wants a free copy of my first book that's called The Lift Off, all about the mindset around your goals, and even if they just like to talk and join our Monday group which is absolutely free where we're talk in detail about these concept it's really life changing, then just email me Stanley at change Creator s a dot com, Stanley at change creator essay dot com, or they can go to our website, change creator essay dot com. Just type that in, you'll find a place at the bottom where you can leave details in a message, and you'll from there you'll get a free copy of the book, or you can look for me on LinkedIn. Just look for Stanley Beckett.