Speaker 1: Fourteen minutes past five. Well, as the two largest parties in the Government of National Unity, the ANC and the DA, slug it out in public, with threats passing back and forth and criticism of each other's conduct out there in abundance, it's easy to forget that there are actually other parties that are involved in South Africa's current governing arrangement.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Earlier today, UDM leader Bantu Holomisa had some things to say about his take on all of this and his calling as a understand it for the GNU as a whole to meet and try and talk these things out. We thought it's important to start getting the perspective of some other parties as well, and for that purpose we welcome to seven zero two drive Marca Schuleh Ghana, whose chief organized and caucus whip for the party, Rise m Zanzi, mister Ghana, welcome and thanks very much for giving us your time. How concerned are you the potential fallout for the larger g and U project of the d A A n C battle.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, John, and good afternoon to you and so No two listeners. I'm not overly concerned. I mean, the thing is, there's there's a government in in South Africa, and there will be a government tomorrow and the day after. I think the important thing is to ensure that those that I interrupted with the responsibility to lead in government must continue to do so. I think some of these pronouncements are just by vitubes.
Speaker 1: I mean you, you and your colleagues at various times will interact with leadership from both parties on all sides. Is the heat amplified by you know, possibly by the media and and but also at the very least by the kind of circumstance on the of the argument. I mean, do you have a sense that by and large the GNU is simply getting on with its work.
Speaker 2: At a lot a lot of parties and ourselves and the leaders are getting on with the task of governing. I think sometimes when they these pronouncements, you know, it might give a semblance that maybe things have come to a hold. There's nothing that has come to a hold. Things are proceeding. Obviously. It's it's understandable that when they is in this particular instance, that the g will be disappointed in terms of the dismissile of one of the deputy ministers. And it's it's a it's a It's a normal stake to be disappointed, but I think the men in which we these methods are handled, and it's something that we ourselves as rights have continuously raised in the forums of the GNU, the PA and how the Leaders Forum that you know, yes, there would be moments that we are not satisfied, we are disappointed as partners, but we need to find a better way of handling these metals without having to create an all times public spectacle.
Speaker 1: How serious is this issue though, because on the one hand, we can go back and forth on what happened to former Deputy Minister Andrew Whitfield. But the larger question, and it's being asked not just by people in the Democratic Alliance or indeed people in any of the political parties, is if the President is indeed dealing with members of the executive who have gone against the code and in some ways have undermined the responsibility and trusted with them, it is rather odd that no action is being taken. It would seem against higher education. Minister No Bushlet and Cabane. How serious do you think that seeming contray addiction is?
Speaker 2: I think I think it's one of those issues that in a in a forum of the parties or the parties in the in the GENU needs to be to be dealt with at that level. It's not helped when individual members of within the GENU are now almost going on a on a public campaign on on some of these methods, because you need to you need to handle these methods properly. I mean obvious. One cannot dictate our political parties want to increase their political fortunes. Maybe this is how they think they need to do things. But from ourselves and Livensiss and having committed ourselves to the Government of National Unity, we believe that some of these metals are better handled away from the from the public, and we need to be able to to discuss those issues as you had called that earlier. That the leader of the UTM has called for for all the parties in the GENU to have that conversation. I think that's the forum where we need to discuss it. Some of these public pronouncements have very unhelpful and unnecessary, and I just the deduction.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, mister Ganne, you clearly critical without naming them as the way the DA has gone about it, what would rise some Zancis view be on the axing of the former Deputy Minister Andrew Whitfield. I mean, it's clearly it is within the president's gift to take that step. But were us raising Zanzi satisfied with the explanations offered that he was being fired four months after he took a trip that was not authorized.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that we must kind of including when we discuss these matters now, is to accept that one is I think last week has happened. What we need to be focusing on. It's how do we move on from me? You know, from henceforth, how do how do we move forward? So it will not be at least for me, not overly beneficial to overly analyze the actions of the president.
Speaker 1: Mister Ghana put it to you that you're avoiding the issue. If we took that stance on everything of political consequence in South Africa, that everything in the past is in the past, I think it would be fair to say we'd miss out a lot. I think it's also fair to say that Rhizom Zanzi does not adopt that consistently is a political philosophy.
Speaker 2: So this is what this is what I'm saying, John, is that the president that's given his reasons. Obviously, one was not even aware that this had happened up until such time that the action was taken, so it was not something that was pronounced. It's not like anyone had said that no this particular event that okay. So the President in his response has given in terms of other cases of a similar nature that resulted in a similar result. So that's what the President has given. So for me, up until the ageing was taken, I was not aware that the Deputy Minister had taken had gone to the US without permission.
Speaker 1: So that's so just to jump in, that wasn't really my question, and I wonder if we could return to it. Mister Ghana is Rise and Zanzi satisfied with the reasons given.
Speaker 2: The President has given the reason that he is given as the president and for us now it's how do we get the Government of National Unity to work for the benefit of all South Africas.
Speaker 1: Thanks very much, Marcus Shule Ghana Chief Organized and Caucus web At, Rise and Zanzi