Speaker 1: KFM Mornings.
Speaker 2: Simpson and you.
Speaker 1: It's Marshmallow Miles on it here on kf in morning's ten minutes after eight o'clock today, opening day of World Cup. So throwback Thursday. We dive into the archives as we do. How far back are we going? I'm taking you back to twenty ten. Oh my goodness, what time and a prank that I did that revolved around the twenty ten World Cup. Here on home soil o kid does so like a little flashback, it's coming back. Stop stop what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Here is another world famous crank.
Speaker 3: Car from Darren Wackhead Simpson six exclusive to KFM Mornings.
Speaker 1: You know what it's It's quite incredible when you look at today and you walk it back sixteen years ago. This set of coincidences that happened because in twenty ten, eleven eleven June, this very day, sixteen years ago, we were preparing for the opening ceremony in FNB Stadium in Joburg and we were just on a buzz and a pluck, pluck no other as a nation. And also this team were scattered in different parts of the country, living very different lives. Yeah, and we were playing against Mexico in South Africa. Now it's the return match in the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City, both at extremely high altitudes. That where they're playing tonight is about two two hundred meters above sea level and Joburg is like twy one hundred I think there about. There are so many similarities. It's crazy about this day.
Speaker 3: Sixteen years ago.
Speaker 1: So while we were on a high, I was up to my things. Of course you were, That's consistent, yeah, and I remember I did so many things, but we pulled this one out. The ocove happened, right, So this was building up. So Germany were arriving. Germany were two days now. This is what happens like behind the scenes that people don't know about, right. So Germany's plane is landing two days away and they were staying at the Vollemore Hotel and Spa in Centurion. So remember every team had to have a place to stay and a training facility. So this hotel had gone and created a pitch for them to train on, a proper grass two speck according to FIFA regulation pitch. And then what happens is this guy has a bit of fun a party on a Friday night. He's got a lack of car, and he decides, I'm going to go and do doughnuts on this pitch. Oh no, totally unawares that this is the pitch that they've just made for Germany.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so obviously this hotel they come and they arrive the next day some extent donus. They've ruined this whole pitch that Germany's taking care of coming to train on in two two days. So they got his registration and this is what actually happened. So they got his registration number, They tracked them down and then they started coming with demands. They were like, okay, you're gonna have to pay for this, but it's a bigger situation than just paying for it because time now. Yeah, so that's was scrooking, Wow, screaking as you would. So that's where are coming. Yeah, okay, and let's let's see where it goes.
Speaker 3: But just check out nervous he is, go yore, good.
Speaker 4: Man, listen, my owner would like to disco the way forward with you. Can you just hold the safety mister kaser one.
Speaker 1: Tickey, Hello there hill No, not actually, we've got a big problem here. We have got the LC here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I don't know what that means the.
Speaker 1: Local organizing committee for twenty ten. They've come from an inspection. They are seriously unhappier. In fact, I have them in the office. I'm told you that this field is going to cost seventeen thousand to repair. All right, that is not going to cut it. Okay, this field needs to be redone from scratch. Do you know what that means?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not lacking the sound of it, but keep going on.
Speaker 1: The team that is going to be using this field at the risk of them breaking ankles under no circumstance. Is this going to be a patch job. This field needs to be relayed from one end to the other. Do you know how much this field costs us to make?
Speaker 2: I've been I've heard a number.
Speaker 1: Yes, this field to redo now is going to cost us one point two million. Do you know who's going to be paying it?
Speaker 2: Well, this is why we're checking.
Speaker 3: Our suspect exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, obviously I can't stop.
Speaker 4: Also can't commit to anything.
Speaker 1: Mister.
Speaker 2: I don't want to argue with you now. Obviously you're upset extremely and I understand. I understand, But mister cars, that's why I've got to go. I've actually got to to fly now, and that's I'm not being rude to you.
Speaker 1: You know what, let me tell you what you're going to do this Saturday. Okay, you are coming here to mow the lawn? Well, okay, then you are going to weed the grass? Is that a deal? We were adamant about getting it right for the Germans, and we had it right, and you came drinking and boozing with the boys. You decide to go in your Bucky to go and do donuts on our field, which has caused a monumental stuff up for.
Speaker 2: Us, which I understand.
Speaker 1: And because you are right now, you are about as much used to society as a Beta Max video machine.
Speaker 3: Do you know that.
Speaker 1: Can you hear what's going on in the background? Yeah, I have an I right German international team here. Just hold on there. Yeah, you know what he's saying. He's saying, listen to this idiot on the other end of the phone is about as nervous as a cat with a long tail and a room full of rocking chairs.
Speaker 2: I am obviously that's that all admit to, no problem, and you know we have to But as far as as far as me saying two years I'll be able to give you the money in a week's time. I mean, obviously, that's not.
Speaker 1: What I need you to do. I need you to make an apology.
Speaker 2: Well, I apologize obviously.
Speaker 1: No, no, not to me in German, to these people. I'll do that.
Speaker 2: I will definitely do that, but I.
Speaker 1: Want you to do it right now. I'll put you on speak of it. Can you can you speak German?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I can't speak German.
Speaker 1: Repeat after me, then Schweine hunt that she's good. I looked, looked, Minor Yama, big guy, Mina Yama, we get, we get wonder bar iron Ice looked. I looked. Can you say in one sentence?
Speaker 2: Now she's good? As looked Mina Yama, You're going to get Wunda iron Ash look.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, and uh, just address the man himself. Gulden talk vacated Simpson, Simpson, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Will find you if this is wicked.
Speaker 1: If it's uh, it is wicked, and it is Jesse as well, and it is Heines as well.
Speaker 4: Doc.
Speaker 1: How much did you show your pants there?
Speaker 4: I've changed my right.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Wow? Go by Funa? What memories? No waving flags? That song sounded so like a fresh always, that's ours, okay. A couple of messages from the prank this morning. I see staring shy man. See I was done so humble.
Speaker 3: What's even more concern is that he couldn't given you back, not even remember.
Speaker 1: The amount of self controller guys.
Speaker 3: Could not lose his mind on the phone. You could nearly hear his pants. Pick up that guy there for remembering that whole that whole sentence. Ah, darn, darn, darn, darn ah, the prank of yours.
Speaker 1: Now, I think you must put conditions now, not listening while he's driving.
Speaker 3: But now I'm almost most control now.
Speaker 1: It's amazing when, when when you are in such trouble, how submissive you become. Yes, sorry, it's the only root out of there, humility, acceptance. One day the boy keep doing donuts on a field in your bucky. The next day, yes, sir, No, sir, Sorry, sir,