Speaker 1: Stop what you're doing. Here is another world famous crank car.
Speaker 2: From Darren Wackhead, something ex exclusive to KFM Mornings.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you check into a five star hotel, you expect five star experience, right of course, of course, of course, So this mom and dad at a five star hotel, weak excursion. Right, I'm not going to say which hotel, but the adult children informed me of all the details. They came back and they weren't too happy. They weren't. Yeah, you know, the service wasn't five stars. So they had a whole sort of laundry list of issues. So I thought, you know, what, how do you make a disgruntled customer? How do you sort the situ suation? Now, but you're going to say more discrip, Well, yes, I'll make them even more distrust I'll show you the five star service that we're accustomed to. Okay. So they both the husband and wife, we're on. I'm on like a speaker with them. So they both end up having having a chat with me. So, so they've been home for seven days already, I'm going, you know, just wait for a week and and check in with them. So here we go, let's escalate the situation. Hello, good day, thir I'm looking for Meta Thwart. Please. I'm calling you from the book hotel you in. Yeah, I wanted to find out what time will you be checking out?
Speaker 2: When will I be checking out? Yes, you must be joking, my friend. I've checked out more.
Speaker 1: Than a week ago. No, and I've paid my boat.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you system and say that I haven't checked out.
Speaker 1: So the last correspondent that we had from you was seven days ago that you went to the death to inquire about checking out. However, said there's been a do not disturb sign on your door ever since, so we haven't gone in.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know you. You've got a system with computers. Uh, yes, and surely when somebody pays their ball and they and somebody fetched their car and somebody loads their luggage, that means they must be gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, So but the problem is we haven't rented the room because the do not disturb sign. You waste my time.
Speaker 2: Get the general managers for the ultiphone me because I've got some photos and stuff that I also want to send in about what the room look like, and then we can solve the problems for once and all.
Speaker 1: All Right, so the customer is king if you put a do not disturb sign on, we won't bug you. Yes, gooday, missus Swatt listen my friend it's David three yeah GM from you know what, I.
Speaker 2: Is absolutely bloody useless. I left that hotel today. I get a phone call to say when am I checking out?
Speaker 1: I mean, how ridiculous is that there was a do not disturb sign on your door? The sign on?
Speaker 2: Maybe you should start there. If you can't clean your rooms, you don't lock your you leave the rubbish in your environment for a week. If you want to let me make some good I can actually come and show you how to do your job, because you are not in charge of what's going on at that hotel.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the problem is is that we can't clean a room if there's a do not disturb sign on it and you put it on. I didn't put it on.
Speaker 2: Why would I put an non disturb sign on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Why if you for a week? What did my reservation say?
Speaker 1: When it's a five star service, so we really obey that do not disturb sign?
Speaker 2: Listen, if I make a reservation to check in on one day and check in on another day and for ten days. You guys, so you were happy for me to stay in your hotel without a reservation.
Speaker 1: Well you see a world class organization.
Speaker 2: Well the thing is, and I will make a big issue.
Speaker 1: Of the thing. Okay, hold on, eyes are useless.
Speaker 2: I've checked out. I did not put the non disturb sign on. Maybe your people put it on because they're too lazy to clean, like we've had to phone every single day to get our room clean. Well, maybe the problem is on your side.
Speaker 1: There's a ten day shortfall that we haven't been able to rent the room out, which you are in fact liable for. It's not so, yeah, you can get your lawyers.
Speaker 2: My friend, because you make the assumption I put a nonder steps sign on. I did not, So we handed the key card in when we checked out. So where's the problem. I'm actually Indian indignant. A hotel of your steps leaves a room for ten days for text you could have had a dead body and there.
Speaker 1: Well we thought that you might just be having a very long sleep for ten days.
Speaker 2: I was checked out of that until by eleven o'clock day, by ten o'clock the day actually nine o'clock I left it off, was nine that morning.
Speaker 1: You could have been having a very dirty weekend with your wife, A dirty week you know, Well, don't come with.
Speaker 2: A dirty weekend. Talk to me and let me tell you the suggestion that my husband and I are having a dreaming weekend.
Speaker 1: I mean really, well, we never know and we wouldn't want to walk in on that.
Speaker 2: So I might have had a very dirty weekend. Is that what you said? Did you just reported?
Speaker 1: Is that what you suggested?
Speaker 2: I had a very dirty weekend, And that's a possibility, and that's why I was there. You are span pathetic, out of control and implast that I had a dirty weekend, speak Steen days and didn't come out of my room. I mean, what happens to the turndown service.
Speaker 1: Well, imagine that turndown service clock walking in and there is you and your husband doing the double backed monkey sword.
Speaker 2: You know what, My husband and I don't do the double back monkey sauce, and I don't appreciate your insinuations.
Speaker 1: Well know what you do? Okay, I would just I've actually got Shannon on the line with me now, Mom, I.
Speaker 2: Just got it.
Speaker 1: Frank you, Well, I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to kill you both.
Speaker 1: Nicholas, Yes, yeah, so annoying. I don't know why they're so embarrassed by having a dirty weekend. Mom is very push.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you insinuated, call be professional indignant?
Speaker 1: What is that move? They did the double back monkey sword. But that call actually because I knew that their kids, well they're adults, were listening. So it made me think if hotel staff actually wanted say the things they really wanted to say to us, can you imagine that would probably be what it sounds like. Hey, can you imagine because they see things the fall that they see the stuff they see it. But you know what, thank you for your professionals.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of your story there, which one bred I have many, the one where you were drinking chocolate milk and you salted on the debate.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that was Look, that was accident. That was week one in Cape Town. That was weak. But that was that the color the color? Yeah, so so I I my drink is chocolate milkshakes. If you know me, every day I have I have a starry stumpy and you know, I am so in the fridge there. I bought a whole lot and I put it in the hotel fridge and then and you know, you got to shake it because you've got the chocolate at the bottoms. Shook it and then I opened it, and you know it always sprays, and it sprayed this brown chocolate milk on the bed sheets. And those linens are white. Yeah, and then I thought she's gonna come in now pooped the bed. So I didn't know what to do. I was in panic. And then so you can't wash those sheets? No, I can't, and and so so I took the stiry stumpy, the opened one, and I put it on the section. I took all the stery stumpies out the fridge and I put it on the bed. So I'm hoping that her mass added up in two and two. She went, Okay, this guy didn't do that in the bed. It's a stery stump. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Taking out the rest of the stairy stampy is a bit extreme.
Speaker 1: From all the stories, Dumpy. But on a final note, can I just say something about hotels, come on man eleven to check out. It's too early, I'm still dorsing by then. It's holidays. But it makes sense though, no it doesn't, because other people need to check in at what's the time, three o'clock and someone he needs to clean. I'm life, I'm not worried about the next customer. And extend your breakfast. Men, you guys, get out of bed and never make a hotel break never, always too early. You put those track pants on, you put those slides slides on, and you go to breakfast with hogs breath, breakfast till twelve, check out at four. Stop it, stop it. Maybe it makes no sense to me. It does to be like never check out, live here forever. Hotels. We need to course correct, all right, you got it all wrong.
Speaker 2: It's