Speaker 1: Stop, stop what you're doing. Here is another world famous.
Speaker 2: Crank car from Darren Wackhead, something exclusive to KFM Mornings.
Speaker 3: All right, we dive into the ar cope on Thursdays. Now, TV license is a hot topic, right we We're giving away one hundred inch TV tomorrow on the show one hundred inches of Pure Joy.
Speaker 1: Right, what a TV.
Speaker 3: It's two point three meters by one three meters.
Speaker 1: At the timing could not have been better.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why McDonald's giving it away in time for the World Cup. Okay, So then the questions arose like, okay, well do I have to have a TV license to accept the TV?
Speaker 1: Such a South African question, did shake?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: Can I circumvent the rules? Well, you know, when I was.
Speaker 3: The last time I bought a TV, I was shopping at a certain place that sells TVs.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I want this one, and the guy said, okay, so you can just have your RD for the TV license. Of course, I was like, I said, look, bro, you want to make a sale here, I'm not paying No, I'm not paying the TV license. He said, roll than unfortunately, so I cannot.
Speaker 1: Sell it to the rules.
Speaker 3: I said to the guy. I said, bro, like, listen, listen. Have you paid your TV license? You are so South Africa? He said yes. I said, can I use your D number? He says no, I'm not allowed to do that anymore. ID come on, man, one last dance?
Speaker 1: He says no. He wanted to be his wife son. And you know, he helped a few people, absolutely as many as he could.
Speaker 3: To make a sale, and I was devastated because he wouldn't. Then my question was, let me phone my father in law, Pops.
Speaker 1: Are you up to date?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? Do do you have to have a driver's license to buy a car? Yes? To buy a car? Yes? Really yes, I bought one in January and there were like driver's license, ma'am? Was that not for the registration? Though? I think that's for the registration.
Speaker 3: I don't have to have a driver's license to it to.
Speaker 1: Buy a car, because I'm sure they can't allow you to drive. I can buy a car and I'm not even going to drive. Insurance purpose that insurance.
Speaker 2: Also, this is a legitimate place you there with your car dealerships.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on there. Yeah, no, I don't think. I don't think that's true. I think that's just for for registration.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Man, sure you can't buy your car without a license. Why not? It doesn't mean you're driving the car. What if? What if?
Speaker 3: What if I'm if I have a chauffeur and i don't actually want to drive, but I've got the money to buy the copy?
Speaker 1: Is it's up to the dealership. We'll check that. But I don't think that is the case.
Speaker 3: Because you know, unpaid TV license, you see the story come all the time, all the time. Are they going to finally do away with it? No, they're still trying to trying to get this going. Seventy three percent of unpaid TV licenses in South Africa. Seventy three percent of unpaid TV licenses in South Africa.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to say that again? What percentage? Did I say?
Speaker 3: Seventy three percent of unpaid SABC TV licenses are owed by government entities and officials themselves.
Speaker 1: What an interesting fact. Even the system doesn't believe in the system exactly right, show us how system?
Speaker 3: Yes, totally thirty five million.
Speaker 1: Around.
Speaker 3: Well, it's seventy five percent of seven hundred and fifty million rands in unpaid TV license. So this is the thing that just keeps going around. That's what happened with this guy. So for four years, he's been getting a call from the attorneys. In particular, he's been getting a call from Dumasani Dumisani four years paid TV license, paid TV lize. Now this was the problem that this this TV license is not even for this man. This TV license was for this man's father, and they're coming for him. But they got like the same name.
Speaker 1: You know. Okay, I get at that as well. Really after my dad passed, Yeah, but he's not yet. He's dead. Yeah, the man's dead. Did they bother you for Brad three years? No? Yeah, because it gets passed on, you know, gets passed around. Yeah, okay, so let's deal with it.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: I could literally do one of these a day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is in my inbox every day. So and so is getting called unpaid TV license.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm very well working some scenario. You do.
Speaker 1: I am fan. Okay, I'm going to put you on hold, so.
Speaker 3: Already, husband, Hello sir to Masani, I'm punning from S A b C TV licensing regarding the Christian Hello, where where's the money?
Speaker 2: You're never going to get the money.
Speaker 1: Why is that because the man is dead. But now where's the TV?
Speaker 2: What's I going to do with the TV? The man is for four years, You've been sitting a goal for you for four years.
Speaker 1: We must collect that TV.
Speaker 2: You can't codict.
Speaker 1: It doesn't belong to you.
Speaker 2: The money man, come tell me, you must come collected. TV doesn't belong to you.
Speaker 1: The TV is still working. The TV.
Speaker 2: I don't need a TV.
Speaker 1: No one's paying that TV lessons.
Speaker 2: But because no one's gonna played to.
Speaker 1: The main thing.
Speaker 3: But that TV is still working, so somebody is watching that TV for free.
Speaker 1: No, it's not my problem.
Speaker 2: Because first of all, I wasn't the owner.
Speaker 1: Of the TV. But what was that relation?
Speaker 2: He was my father?
Speaker 1: Well, you're the next in the family tree life doesn't.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell me that I'm the owner of the TV.
Speaker 3: I'm being suspicious now, yes, you can take your suspicion and show it up your head because it does not belong to me.
Speaker 2: I'm not Christian, I'm tread.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to get to pay the pension fees for the normal TV lessons?
Speaker 2: I'm big your pardon. Let me tell you a story, my friend, I've got my own TV license you want to come trick it, come to my house. I've got my own skim TV license. Now you are getting on don't you tell me?
Speaker 3: You say I'm getting on your What I said, you're getting all my nerves.
Speaker 1: I thought you said something else?
Speaker 2: Did you think I said?
Speaker 1: I thought you said that the ticks? Now I didn't swear you.
Speaker 2: You can do your fighterwork.
Speaker 1: We need to find that TV and redistribute. You're gonna you got to.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be long.
Speaker 1: That's now property of the government because I'm beautiful. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry about the swearing.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have. Are you gonna pay it back? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: I'm suspiciously. You can take a suspicious.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Good bye people. Oh my gosh, that's brilliant. That is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Mister. Have you calmed down? Now?
Speaker 2: What my license? To? Get off my back?
Speaker 1: I'm not on your back.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a little story.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's not bed time said time with my back.
Speaker 2: You come to my g and I will show you. You must come to the gate if you want to, you must come to my count.
Speaker 3: I want you to speak to my supervisor.
Speaker 2: Are you doing.
Speaker 1: She's great, she's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Do you do you want anybody prey bring that energy? Well, the chaos merchant is ready to help. Okay, Derenis at kf M dot co dot z A. It's Katy Perry California Girls here on k f M Mornings. My inbox is now full with wives wanting to set up their husbands, which is fantastic.
Speaker 1: I love it. Watch the space made that energy never die. It was such a great ad because she loved that preg.
Speaker 3: That she just rejoiced your messages here on the WhatsApp telephone.
Speaker 1: Darren, you should be a comedian like OLP.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful and infectious laugh is that?
Speaker 1: I had such a giggle. Now you made my day. That is from the gut.
Speaker 2: At some point, she says Darren Wackett, and then she just laughs.
Speaker 1: That's the chant. I'm laughing. I'm enjoying this.
Speaker 3: Okay, pop me an email. Drenis at KPM dot co dot z A. Doesn't have to be about a TV license please, got enough of those already