Speaker 1: We acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land. We're recording on today. Hello, and welcome back.
Speaker 2: To Eat, Sleep, Shit, Repeat, the Wildly Unhinged Podcast, all about the madness that is Anotherhood and everything in between. I'm starting to get breathlessly.
Speaker 3: I'm Kiri Cells, I'm Kelly McCarran. In today's episode is a little bit different than a regular I mean, is there really anything regular about us? But we thought that we would prep you ahead of this weekend's Black Friday sales with some epic gift recommendation. So however you celebrate. The holidays are coming up, yep, and you know we're in a cost of living crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first of season is going to be a little bit tricky to navigate.
Speaker 3: So my recommendation first up is have everything in your basket ready to go for the Black Friday sales because most things will be on site exactly.
Speaker 2: You don't want to pay full price for anything. Oh God, I'm up for picking pit this week.
Speaker 3: Ah, here I go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for this.
Speaker 1: So let's start with a pitch.
Speaker 3: Shall we insert photo?
Speaker 2: Pretty much the one thing I've been dreading as a parent happened to me on Friday.
Speaker 3: Can anyone guess what it would be? No one would, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think maybe.
Speaker 2: It's quite specific to me because of let me get into it. So it was about four pm on Friday and I get a little ding dong on my phone and it's you know, the app that we use from daycare. The line was Happy Friday Parents, and I thought, oh.
Speaker 1: It's just going to be some cute pics of the background.
Speaker 2: And it was like, we have a confirmed case of lice in the toddler room. Here's the attachment on how to deal with it. And instantly I was itching my head like, oh no, thinking back to when I had headlice as a kid and we had to do I reckon probably ten treatments to get it out of my hair.
Speaker 3: Like if anyone doesn't know what you look like, would you please describe your hair?
Speaker 2: Yes, So, I'm mixed race. I'm black and white. My hair is very coarse, very thick, very curly, very hard.
Speaker 1: To get rid of. Black.
Speaker 3: Call the curls three B four B.
Speaker 1: I'm for.
Speaker 3: Don't you love that? I know something you do.
Speaker 2: You've been listening and I've forgotten. So I was like, oh my god, what.
Speaker 1: Am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: This is really shit reads through the form. It was like, oh, just as I'd remembered it, you know, nothing's really stinky, stuffy, stinky stuff. So Charlie, bless him. He picked up some stuff on the way home and I had a good look through Rue's hair and I couldn't see anything, thank god. But I was like, well, I'm not gonna not do the treatment because what if there's something I've missed so.
Speaker 3: That starts an infestation, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I didn't stop itching from four two. I went to bed, you know, it was just too much. And then I was just like this is so shit, Like this is just so shit, Like how did that little kid get headlines like it's all their fault?
Speaker 1: Well, how does anyone get handed?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: It just was seriously, actually, how do you even get it?
Speaker 1: It's head to head contact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how did the original person?
Speaker 1: It never ends, this is the thing. It never ends.
Speaker 3: It just key going. Used to get it a lot when I was in primary school.
Speaker 2: Well, they say, because when you're a kid just all over other kids, you know, so it makes sense like you're just constantly touching.
Speaker 3: And I hated the feeling of the stuff and the buzzy things so much so sometimes I just wouldn't tell my mum when my head was itchy. And she tells this story about she was at Sea World and she was sitting behind me on a roller coaster and she looked at me and my head was moving.
Speaker 1: Oh, yuck, Kelly, don't.
Speaker 3: She was like, I've never seen so many lights.
Speaker 1: Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck.
Speaker 2: Kel I don't need to hear this right now. Okay, I've got to do another treatment on Friday. It's like seven days, fourteen days, so I've still got two treatments left.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we did the treatment.
Speaker 2: The picture of her she just didn't really understand, and I was like, it's like the shampoo, but we put it in your hair and then you have.
Speaker 1: This cool green cap that you get to put on.
Speaker 2: And she was just like no, no, And I said play school and she said yes, does it still smell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We got so luckily.
Speaker 2: Charlie's sister, her partner, has two kids, and so George's like had to do some life treatments and she has tested everything. She walked so we could run basically, and was like, this is the one that works. It's kind of like the natural one. It's still chemical, but it's a bit natural, Like it smells really teat tree oily. But yeah, exactly that. You just put it in on dry hair, massage it and make it so it's like all wet all over. Chuck the cap on, wait ten minutes, wash it out, condition hair as usual, and brush.
Speaker 1: Look, we haven't had anything yet.
Speaker 2: Touch wood, does me knocking on wood because I'm so bloody scared.
Speaker 3: It's not wood. Knock on that pole.
Speaker 2: Oh there we go, good girl, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it just wasn't very good. Wasn't very good. I didn't really need that. I didn't really need that.
Speaker 3: It's just disgusting.
Speaker 2: And now I just find myself looking at her hair all the time.
Speaker 3: Waiting for it to move.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I have a sand put at school, so she often comes home with like sand in her hay, you know. So on Tuesday or whatever, and I picked her up, I was like, oh my god, she's itching, And You're like, yeah, she'll just like randomly itch. And she does actually have a little bit of cerhicis on her head.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: It actually flared out.
Speaker 2: When we were in Europe, and I was like, what the hell, Like where'd this come from? But you get sorisis, Yeah, it's genetics. I was like, oh shit, So she often will itch, but now it's taken on a bit of a bigger meaning, on new meaning.
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't get in front of me.
Speaker 3: I actually it would be a nightmare trying to get knits out of your hair, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And now I don't need that right now, right.
Speaker 2: But you know what was really interesting is like I get grossed out by things, and I was just like, I'm not going to want.
Speaker 1: To cuddle her because I don't want to get nits right. And it really surprised myself because I just didn't care, Like when it came down to it, I was still fucking snuggling at the shit out of her.
Speaker 2: And all this because he treated her. Though Yeah, I mean I had done the treatment. Let me tell you, I was keeping my distance beforefore. But yeah, they say you've got to do it like three times to get the.
Speaker 1: Life cycle of a MIT. So got two more weeks.
Speaker 3: We had electric comb because the shampoos just stopped cutting it. We had it so much, so we had like an electric comb It was so gross and it would buzz them, kill them and also comb out all the eggs.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to get to a point on I don't want to get I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I really shouldn't be telling you life stories.
Speaker 1: Can move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your peak? What's your peak?
Speaker 2: The peak is my body has been very sore and I can't have a peak.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I kind of reached my absolute maximum of pain. I'm just uncomfortable, and I've still got three bloody months left of this pregnancy, so not at the end.
Speaker 1: I'm not at the end.
Speaker 2: So I decided basically to throw everything at it. So I booked my women's health physio, I booked this amazing remedial pregnancy massage, and I've got my Cairo next week. Kelly's laughing at me because it was the Kiro appointment that I said I couldn't possibly do anything else anything else. That and a lunch and then I record, no way, but yees. So I had my women's physio yesterday and the remedial massage in the afternoon, and I got my chuby grip. She gave me a massage. She was saying, yeah, I gave you exercises, share me exercises that I didn't do today, but I will do them tonight. But yeah, I've been having a lot of crotch pain, which I never had in the first pregnancy, and it's just down to I'm not as.
Speaker 1: Fit as I was. She says, you've got no glute muscle there.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks, I'm aware, and it just means that those muscles in my like crotch are turning on and that's why they're aching so well.
Speaker 3: Yep, like encroutch.
Speaker 2: She's like, it will get to lightning crutch stage if we don't like even out the muscles that are like kicking in. So that was really good. Gave my tuber grip, which is what I've been really wanting. You're just that like tight. I've got it on now, that kind of like tight.
Speaker 3: What I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: It's like what you.
Speaker 2: Put on your knee when you sprain your knee or your ankle, same kind of thing. And basically it's they cut it. It's just like a big role. They actually charged me fifteen dollars. My other physio gave it to me for free. Anyway, nothing doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I do like this girl. So it's fine, and then you just put it over your head and pull it down and it just holds you.
Speaker 2: It's just like a warm hug. So I sleep in it as well.
Speaker 3: Oh, so it's supportive.
Speaker 1: It's supportive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a belly bands, the original belly band before they like marketed it and made it like a standalone product. You just use tube grip pregnancy tuby grip that would be cut and depending on the size, you can like double it over, which gives you.
Speaker 1: More of a firm support, which is really good.
Speaker 2: And honestly, it just feels like someone has lifted your belly up for you, holding you in.
Speaker 3: Isn't it a bit hot though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really hot.
Speaker 2: When I was like at a show last night, I was all I wanted to do was take it off because the aircorn wasn't sufficient, but I had it doubled over. So I've just said to myself, don't go too hard to soon, just ease into it.
Speaker 1: So that's really helped.
Speaker 2: The remedial massage was wow. Like I was a recommendation from two girlfriends who also had been through their second pregnancies and had also felt really sore in their bodies, so I highly recommend if you are pregnant and you're really suffering physically to find a proper pregnancy remedial massuse.
Speaker 3: Going to like one of those nice massage places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if your body is sare.
Speaker 4: You need to Yeah, don't go to a relaxing one like do, but if you want to, like if you want your body to recover and have a bit of like to get out some of those knots and stuff, and also for them to give you tips on what to do.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 2: She was so good, like, yeah, at times it really hurt. But I left taller because my body had been stretched so a lot of like my muscles were so tense that I had like shortened on my side. So when she did still do a special bed, yeah, so I was on my side. I had like a little kind of butterfly pillow underneath my side so it supported my belly and then wedged at my back. I had a pillow for my head, but then something to hold, like they give me a little towel to hold and then a pillow in between my knees. So she worked on one side and then I flipped and she's like, how does outside feel? And it was amazing I said it, Wow, it feels like I'm long. Like when I first lay down, I couldn't, Like everything was just so yeah, like you know those things, those instruments that.
Speaker 1: Are like accordion, accordion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt like yeah, I was like all in like that. And then after she'd finished, it felt.
Speaker 1: Like my stretched down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt like there was a lot of room there, like she'd given me some length, like the muscles had been lengthen. But like, I mean, is she in Bonde. She's in Randwick actually, So if you're in the East, just send me a DM and I'll give you their details. If you're in Sydney's East or in Sydney and you want to go see her, I'll give you her details.
Speaker 1: Really great.
Speaker 2: She was like it was one hundred and twenty five and if you have private health you can claim it because it's.
Speaker 3: Media that's cheaper than the fancy massages.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well she actually cares.
Speaker 2: And she was giving me good tips and saying like, oh, you're pelvis because.
Speaker 4: My pelvis was tilted backwards.
Speaker 2: So she told me just all these things. And I think it's really helpful just to be mindful of your body.
Speaker 3: I think to help you so nice, because we often don't care for our bodies when we're pregnant.
Speaker 1: And I think when it's your.
Speaker 2: First pregnancy, depending on how bad your pregnancy is, it's a bit easier because it's so much more gradual the growth that you're experiencing, whereas in the second everything is so much looser.
Speaker 1: And just alsop so quickly.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So I think, throw money. I know money's type, but just throw it at it, like if you can, if you can. Because boy, even though I didn't have a big sleep last night because I was out on the town, honey, like, it felt like a nice sleep, Like I woke up not as sore and not as.
Speaker 3: Like, have you got a pregnancy pillow yet?
Speaker 1: I actually got a new one.
Speaker 3: I love pregnancy pillows. Yeah, so I kept in mind for an embarrassing amount of time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that's good.
Speaker 2: I had one for rue, but it was so big it was like one of those life size one, which wasn't really my vibe. I figured out that I just want a pillow between my knees, and then I want a butterfly pillow, so the one that goes that you just kind of sleep on on your side and wedges you in your tummy, wereges you in your back? That is what I need because I feel a lot of pulling on my stomach when I'm laying on my side. I just don't like the sensation. It's kind of like a tingly, ripping feeling, which is apparently the really thin bit of skin from your ribs. You've got your abs kind of coming in towards where your belly button is. But then there's this really thin layer of skin epidemus maybe something like that that actually is different in men than is a woman. So men's is really thick because they're not made to stretch. Ours is really thin. So that's usually what you can feel. The sensation is that's really thin skin stretching.
Speaker 5: Ya.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting and I always get it when I'm laying down and it makes me really nauseous because it's just like, but that butterfly pillow is so good. A Lincoln in the show notes it just like, you know, wedges under your belly, so your belly isn't being pushed as far down, okay AnyWho, So I'm just feeling good. Body's feeling atle bit better, and it's just even the drive over here because the drive from my house to your house is about it. It can be from thirty minutes to an hour depending on traffic, depending on what time I leave, if I leave on time. But in the two weeks that i've come here before, obviously this week I've been really struggling on that drive home. My body is just so so sore and obviously home, but the drive over the small was like, I felt fine, like and usually I can.
Speaker 3: Feel myself starting to get yep from sitting down.
Speaker 1: So that's I so glad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of self reminder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that self care is very important.
Speaker 1: It is. You need to do it. You deserve it. You're growing a human.
Speaker 2: You're running a fucking marathon every single day for nine months, ten months.
Speaker 1: Really better get into today's episodes.
Speaker 3: Gift Guide twenty twenty four. Key happens to be an incredible gift giver.
Speaker 2: I just love that you have validated that for me because it's something that I know to be true and believe.
Speaker 1: But to hear you say that.
Speaker 3: No, you really are. I am a good thought person, like I will think of.
Speaker 1: Nice, really thoughtful. Actually you are, Oh.
Speaker 3: I just meant like, I'll think of nice gifts, but I'm very unorganized. Oh yeah, I am the person that asked you last week when my wedding addiverse three was whoopsie, Daisy, whoopsie, whoopsie Daisy. He who are you buying for this year?
Speaker 2: So Charlie and Rue for sure. Then we've got Pop so Charlie's dad, and then we have the cousins. So there's about eight of them.
Speaker 3: Oh god, so they've got a kids, not many adults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my godparents who live overseas, so I have to get crafty with their gifts because I've got to post it toasts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, not too many.
Speaker 2: We are families, like reasonably sized, but we don't do Charlie's siblings and their partners.
Speaker 1: It's only presents for the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Adults no, yeah, yeah yeah. We used to do everyone I know.
Speaker 1: So this is just the first year that you haven't. No.
Speaker 3: No, last year was the first year and I was off it to be honest, I love gifts.
Speaker 1: Do you do Secret Santa?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, but like it was offensive how many presents were under the tree before I.
Speaker 1: Did notice that about you, Like you guys would have so many.
Speaker 3: It was so fun. I like stuff. Yeah, you doing Christmas presents. I find it really fine. So but Mum was like, now that there's kids, you know, Christmas is about them. So we do Secret Santa for the grown ups and we only get to shop from one person.
Speaker 1: Do you know who you've got?
Speaker 3: I've got my sister so she's so easy and she was like, yes, oh, so you know who each other gets. No, you're not supposed to, but you do. And my sister in law has got me, and she potentially is going to be like she's absolutely the loveliest, slightly hippie person that you will meet. She potentially is gonna be like Kelly has too much stuff and she'll just bloody donate.
Speaker 2: Oh tell I'm going to tell her not to do that.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, I want something, ye tell her, I'll donate. Just tell who the present?
Speaker 1: You don't the present to me, donate to me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so we do Secret Santa and then for all of the kids, and then I'll get something for Loua. Sometimes I do like little things for friends if I see them, I will as.
Speaker 2: Well, but I haven't really included that. Like often it would just be, oh, do you know what I do? Actually in my apartment building. I buy cookies, but I put them in jars.
Speaker 3: Oh so they think you made them. That is just really good.
Speaker 1: Marry Christmas from us. Yeah, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: For daycare, I did it last year and I'll do it this year.
Speaker 1: I've never done that.
Speaker 3: I did a huge crate and I just filled it with stuff and dropped it off on a day where Lenny wasn't there because I didn't want them to make a big fuss. Oh yeah, And I just filled it with beauty products, like nice stuff for around the house, like yummy things that they and the idea was them they could just like pick and choose what they wanted from it. Another like tip for like little presents as well, is to with the advent calendars and that sort of thing. Just get them and then break them up because you generally get so many little things really good value and you can just like put little things together. But I didn't realize what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's start off with gifts for people in the mom, mother in law, grandma aren't category.
Speaker 3: So people over fifty to fifty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, so this is my godmother for sure. I would probably just give them this one thing. So we were over in Europe. They live in Holland, and we went and visited them for a week and Rue was just at like the perfect age to just fall in love with them. What she did, she just loved it. I talked about it in the episode when we got back, and they were like, you've got to send us the photos. You've got to send us to photos, and I was like, yeah, yeah, I will. So what I'm going to do is get.
Speaker 1: This digital photo frame.
Speaker 2: But basically what you can do right is you can download the app and then you can send the invite to like three other people who can have access, so everyone can upload.
Speaker 3: Their photos and then they just appear on the screen exactly, So they will just plug it in and it'll appear on the screen, and then I'll give them like the details, like, hey, download this app and then you guys can put the photos that you took, because they took a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of photos of us too that we've never seen, and then it all lives in the cloud, so we'll have access to it too. And I just thought that was such a good idea because, like, I just love the idea of a digital photo frame when you don't live close as well to the family, and just the way that you can continually add stuff. So instead of sending them photos, I can just like upload new photos of Rue and they'll.
Speaker 3: Be like oh, and they come on. My mum got this from my brother in law last year for Cipra Santa. She's obsessed with, at least in the kitchen, so she sees it all the time. I love it, and we can just like, because she doesn't see the kids often, yeah, we can just chuck whatever and then it just like turns up. She's also got a lot of her travel photos on there, so she loves to see the African animals and such.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course, of course, great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one I've recommended is I did a bit of research. There are a few getting around, but this one consistently came up with good reviews. So it's the FRAMEO ten point one inch Wi Fi digital frame and black get a different colors too from Amazon.
Speaker 1: But I've linked in the show notes.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at what one we've got because it's also very good, just in case anyone wants a second option.
Speaker 1: Skylight Skylight Nice.
Speaker 3: That's the one that she's got and it's really good. I can't fault it.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, we've got two options there.
Speaker 3: I've got home wears, but nice specific pieces that you choose for someone knowing that they would love so that. I absolutely love the online store Fentin and Fentin.
Speaker 1: That's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: They have the most interesting, unique things, lots of different price points. Often it can be quite expensive, but you can also get things for hundred one hundred dollars. You just get really cool vases, lamps, rugs, throws, pillows, really really unique. So I really love that store to just if you know you're buying for someone that's sort of a bit special, special, but love something a bit unique. Yeah, ehd blow dryer Oh okay, very specific. But you know how it's just that sort of generation and that sort of age group. They often don't splurge and buy themselves nice things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've probably got a hair dryer that they've had for twenty.
Speaker 3: Years, twenty to thirty years, and it's still just like an old man blowing hot air in them, like you know, like the hotel one. Yeah, So buying them something really special like that if they don't have one, or if they've had the same one for thirty years, just what a nice treat they'll feel so like.
Speaker 1: I love that idea.
Speaker 3: Love got me a nice hair dryer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they'll actually really appreciate it as well, and they'll use it.
Speaker 3: It's something that I'm not saying at aol because they probably wouldn't use it. But a hair dryer, a really good quality hair dryer, and the new one it's got. There's so much technology. It's way less damaging on your hair because as you get oldie hair thins out and such, you need to worry about these sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Definitely a kindle, yeah, great.
Speaker 3: It's a lot cheaper then a tablet because often people would be like, why wouldn't you just use a tablet a couple of different reasons. A lot cheaper to get a kindle, and you can't access other things, so it encourages just to read. It's also better for your eyes because it's not like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah they've got like even if you've got the one with the back light, it's good light for your eyes exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like reading a book, it's not like looking at a screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's better to do before bed and that sort of thing. So if there's a reader in your life, this is a great gift of someone that wants to get back into reading.
Speaker 2: I gave Charlie a kindle a couple of years ago, and it's been his favorite I present.
Speaker 3: Actually, it reminded me how much I loved my kindle until what did I do? I either sat on it or dropped it in water or something. I don't remember, but it was quite a shame because I had so many books that I hadn't backed up on it. Anyway, moving on a nice robe is also a really good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you libing? I like those homie ones or the home ones bonds.
Speaker 3: Actually, or you can get these really nice linen ones with your initials embroidered on them. Do you think bad threads do them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you hang it up, though, if you don't hang it up, they get so crumpled. Lennon sucks in that regard, but it does feel so good. So just have a look around. There's going to be so many, I don't know. Just something a little bit more special, the one that you pick up at Big w Oh. Definitely really nice fabric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love that.
Speaker 3: He gifts for similar age range. But for men, Dad, deal, dad in law, Pa, your uncle, that.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing typically when we would buy Christmas presents for like Charlie's parents. They have everything, right.
Speaker 3: Which is why it sort of needs to be that little bit more special special.
Speaker 2: And like one year we were like because they would always be like no presence for us, no presence for us, But we started to make a donation in their name and they just loved that so much, so we did like twires one year. We've done to like a rural indigenous education program, We've done to women's legal aid. So weally do like, you know, a couple of hundred bucks and put a donation and then aim and just put like a cut out of it and took card kind of thing. So we'll probably do the same. I think this year for.
Speaker 1: Pop that's hell love that. Yeah, I think it's just really nice.
Speaker 2: So we always try to like tailor it to someone that needs the help and support. Charlie is really good at that at finding like different kind of niche.
Speaker 3: That will mean something to that person. Yeah, like the Cancer Foundation for everyone, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's a bit boring, but I think for us that is the natural thing that we want to do because I feel bad buying more stuff for people.
Speaker 3: That have or don't want it for the same.
Speaker 1: Exactly when they've got everything they need.
Speaker 3: When I say that I love stuff, I do want to clarify that I do not condone like just buying shit for the safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still everything was always very thought out, which is why I get annoyed about it. I think people you get annoyed about having to buy presents for people because you feel obligated, or because you can't think of anything, or because you're like they don't need anything or they want anything.
Speaker 1: It's difficult.
Speaker 3: It's difficult for that category. I got this from my dad for his birthday and he absolutely loved it. I got him like a Lenny tea. Yes, but he's not a dorky one. Yeah you know how you I mean, shout out. I love Vista print. But you used to just get like one photo with the name those really fun. There've been all over TikTok and it kind of looks like a cool vintage band tea. Yes, yes, and it's got like Lenny and then it puts like it you uploaded a bunch of different photos and got Percy. I've got a Percy one and I am obsessed with it. I love it so much. So I want to recommend to this one shop in particular because the one that I got for my dad, I bought it through a TikTok ad and the fabric sucked. And they're not cheap. They're like sixty or seventy dollars, so they're not cheap and you want the fabric to be good and not feel awful and sweaty and yucky. So my percy tea I got from a shop called We'll link everything in the show notes Sunny Days Apparel. Okay, I think she's just an aussy lady startup like in Australia. It's just like a nicer fabric. Yeah, better just better quality overall.
Speaker 2: I should get that for Charlie's dad and put Billy on it, their dog.
Speaker 3: He would love to do it with the dog.
Speaker 1: He would love that. Yeah, it doesn't have.
Speaker 3: To be a grand kid. It could be a dog. It can be it could be you, like favorite child, like you can do so many funny things and at home golf set if they're into golf, and that's thing. I got this for lou class Christmas. But it would be great for this sort of like a golf for someone that loves that sort of thing. But obviously you can't go golfing all the time. I just got it on Amazon, and it's basically like this big sheet thing and then like these little sticky ball things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just fun, have a little hit.
Speaker 3: Have a little hit at home or whatnot. Or a massage gun, yeah, this is a good guess, or just like a massage but not a chair or something really cumbersome, just something that they can sort of carry around the house and just you know, they're so good.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there's so good.
Speaker 3: As he get older, you get sourer.
Speaker 1: You do you do hell gifts for.
Speaker 3: Male partner or a brother or a bill brother in law.
Speaker 2: I really struggled with this one. Charlie is one of the hardest people in the world to buy for. But typically each year, and no, this is so boring, I'll do clothes, socks and jocks because the dog eats his socks, so.
Speaker 1: He gets to the end of the year and he's.
Speaker 3: Got and he probably doesn't shop for his own clothes. So nice, so iconic. Generally at this time of year has great sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so usually I'll buy like a couple of pairs of shorts, a couple of teas. Yeah, actually he does need a new pair of sneakers, so I was going to put that on the list. So it's I'm always like what do you want? And he's like nothing. So then I'm like, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you need that you won't buy?
Speaker 3: Because clothes like they nearly struck up exactly if you've clothes times a little a little bit worse for we were. So yeah, let's stock you up.
Speaker 1: When when the socks are down to one, prepare with them. I'm moving or up. Yeah, so that's it. Sorry, I'm a bit boring with that one. No, what have you got?
Speaker 3: I've got noise canceling headphones.
Speaker 1: Oh, a good one.
Speaker 3: I just think that headphones in general are a fantastic gift you could get someone the wireless like the little ear pods. I just personally am not a fan of them because you lose them.
Speaker 1: I got the overhead ones.
Speaker 2: Actually, Charlie forgot his when we went overseas, so he bought a pair jbl ones.
Speaker 3: Yep, you know why, because they're in essential they I would buy.
Speaker 1: Them too good.
Speaker 2: I love wearing them.
Speaker 3: The sound. Never did you you never understood my obsession?
Speaker 1: I was just like I'll just put my AirPods in. It's the same.
Speaker 3: And also easily you can lose air pods or they fall out or Yeah, bounttery life.
Speaker 2: Is amazing on them make the new ones. Like I have only just charged it for the first time. I charged it when we got back, and I've been using it every day just for like my thirty minute walk or whatever, and then while I work and I've just had to charge them.
Speaker 3: I wear mine for hours upon hours a pound hours every day and I have to charge them every once week and it takes half an hour. Yeah, they're so good, great reco If they're a bit of a beer lover, I mean, you could do this with whatever alcohol they love. But you can get like a beer advent calendar, so twelve or twenty four. My sister did this for my brother in law, her husband one year because he is obsessed with beers and basically he just got like to the house was delivered a bunch of craft like different interesting, unique beers so he could try a bunch and then figure out the new ones that he liked. And he could do this with like if they liked Gin, you could sign them up to a garden Street Club, which is a unique gin every single month, or a wine subscription, or like just whatever they like. I love the book at an advent calendar, or a subscription service that you can pay for for the year. So they're always getting something yummy that they'll really like.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: And if they're into music, you could get them a record. We're going to link where you can do this from. It's a company called Blim and Blum. You can get heaps of different personalized stuff, but you can get like a record and printed the lyrics to their favorite song on it, and then it comes like in a frame ready to go, so you just put up on the wall.
Speaker 1: That is so cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that. Like, imagine if you love like Charlie loves music, Yeah, you love music, you would die if you received something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so pretty and thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Also, these are so like we've just categorized by gender. Obviously everything can be for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: He gives for a female partner slash sister sister in law, bestie. Right, So I love yours. Yours is so cute. I just felt, honest truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I think that I want to just carve out some time for us to spend some time together and do something fun. So tickets to a show, maybe book a nice dinner reservation, maybe go see a movie like get gold class tickets to movie. Yes, yeh, a night's accommodation away like invest in your friendship, something that you can do together.
Speaker 3: And that doesn't mean, by the way, that you have to pay for the whole thing. So what you know, last week I spoke about me and my two girlfriends. That's what we do instead of gifts. Yeah, so we pay for the hotel. We don't buy each other gifts anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that exactly. So you could book the hotel and be like, hey, let's do this and you can split it or whatever you want to do or.
Speaker 3: If you can afford it, great splodeon shout everything exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I just thought that'd be nice. And then something just lovely that you could do together, even like a massage, like a.
Speaker 1: Couple of massage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's quite nice, just like getting excited to go and like relax together and.
Speaker 3: Then having a google when you just trip off.
Speaker 1: Well, then afterwards you can get lunch.
Speaker 3: I love to get na kid in front of my friends.
Speaker 1: You're just like a little you know, relaxation day.
Speaker 2: You could do it like at a day spa or a baths or something like that. Oh yes, you could do the baths there and then have lunch after with a little bit of champagne.
Speaker 3: Like definitely recommend to the bars. Stay expansive, but you can hang out together. It's a bad experence.
Speaker 2: I think it's like sixty bucks to minutes, but it's an experience. Yes, I think investing in a especially.
Speaker 1: Like time time as we love that.
Speaker 2: Older, busier, more people in our lives. Like, I think it's a really special thing to give someone, like there's just.
Speaker 1: Something together, this will be so far. I love love love of Okay, what do you have?
Speaker 3: So this is a little bit niche. Someone might are really rogue a niche.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Though A phone strap a good Quliday one.
Speaker 1: I was like, why are you lifting up your telephone right now?
Speaker 3: I get compliments on this all the time if you're playing long at home, I have like a really long pearl phone strap. Yeah you do, and I get compliments on it all the time.
Speaker 1: It is actually really cute and is it like affordable?
Speaker 3: No, Oh, that's why it's a gift.
Speaker 1: Oh got it?
Speaker 3: It was like one hundred and ten hundred and twenty dollars. Wow for something you look at and you go, how is it worth that much? But it's cute. It looks cute. You always have your hands free, your phone is like safe over you.
Speaker 1: It is such a good mum gift. Actually, like that's what's need one? Well, like I know.
Speaker 3: Lots of people that aren't moms that have them. They're still great, totally cute and it does not break. It kind of looks flimsy, right, I swing this shit around.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, for that amount of money, it does look like I could have beat it myself.
Speaker 3: I promise you. I've swung this thing around so much it's incredible.
Speaker 1: I love that one. I'm a big fan of straps too.
Speaker 3: Actually, a beauty Advent calendar.
Speaker 1: Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 3: Like, I just love Advent calendars. They are so much fun. If I didn't have my job, I would love to receive one of these.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so cute.
Speaker 3: I still love to receive them. But I just mean, like they're just so great to any girlie girl type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who doesn't want to open up a gift every day.
Speaker 3: And Avan calendars these days are sick. They have so much good stuff in them. Yeah, and Advent calendar back in the day sucked. It was like a bit of chocolate or like shitty samples. They've got minis which are great for travel and trying new products, and full sizes like honestly, could not recommend Advent calendars higher.
Speaker 1: It is such a good idea.
Speaker 2: But when are we giving them to them, because we've got to give it to them at the start of them. Momth yeah, right, okay, so we're being organized.
Speaker 3: We've just hey Kelly for Kelly, who's not organized at all, or you could give it to them on Christmas Day. Then we've got twenty five little presents, could you Yeah, the air rap I know, Key's like whoa, yeah, who are we gifting that too? This is also for female partners. Oh yes, of course, love significant other. Huge investment Black Friday sales. I remember they're probably going to be twenty percent off, which is huge, which is good. Points my sister brought hers on. Points Well, that's smart.
Speaker 1: We love a savvy perch.
Speaker 3: I will to the end of time say that my air app has been one of the best investments. My hair looks astronomically better than it did before I got my air ap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, it does.
Speaker 3: It's not I'm often not the fluffy lion mane anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was sometimes what would happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, often what would happen because I would let it air dry and then brush it, and it's naturally curly, but it's bleach. It just would never end. Well, now I just use my air app. It's so easy once you get the hang.
Speaker 1: Of it, and your hair seems healthy. Yeah, right for having used teeth as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, twice a week for the past year or so. Yeah, yep. And I'm just obsessed with it. So pop it on your list and get someone to buy it this weekend when they get a good spash. One findal little thing, either like a beach umbrella or one of those canopy things, or a beach chair or maybe all of them, Like if you have someone that loves going to the beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, we actually invested in our first cool co obana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last Chris, you actually can get cheaper ones from cotton.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not as cute, but well.
Speaker 1: I would argue the cool cobana designs aren't that cute, but they are very sturdy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't actually seen them.
Speaker 2: They're very basically they're coming out with more like they do like Christmas edition, like special prints and things like that, but they're not I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Say that they're very cute. It took me ages to choose.
Speaker 2: One because very nice designs, but they are so brilliant. They've got little pockets for you to st all stuff in up high and they do not blow away like I will never do an umbrella again.
Speaker 3: I have an umbrella. Yeah, it's in the corner and I'm obsessed with it. With such a nice gift.
Speaker 1: But is it enough for you?
Speaker 3: Len?
Speaker 1: And what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Every time I've tried to use I don't understand how they stick in the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to dig a hole first.
Speaker 3: I do. It still comes out.
Speaker 1: Well, Yeah, you should get the cork obana. It's much easier.
Speaker 3: I got one from cotton On in a sale last year. I haven't used it yet, so I can't report back.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you can't recommend that because you haven't even used it.
Speaker 3: What looks cute?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but will it blow away?
Speaker 3: Is a flimsy Okay, well, don't buy it. I will promise to use it before my episode goes out so I can recommend it, yes or no anyway. Or a beach chair a cute one. Do you remember that year that I asked for a beach cheer for my birthday and Luke got me a fucking Catman Do camping chair.
Speaker 1: I've actually got Catman Your gavegers that are comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yes they are k Reese, but I wanted like one of those chic, little cute beach chairs that not a Catman Do camping chair.
Speaker 1: He's practical, like he's gonna get you the most practical option, and you need to know.
Speaker 3: That he's not what I wanted gifts for baby zero to two.
Speaker 1: Look, this is where I a went a little bit crazy. So I've got a few recos here.
Speaker 2: So as you guys might know, I work with Office Works and I did recently did a gift guard at Office Works. When I was in there, I spotted their new.
Speaker 1: Collection of Kadink wooden toys for kids.
Speaker 2: What's a Kadink And it's just their brand, like their Office Work brand, But they are such cute wooden toys. So there's like an Aba kiss there's a stacking puzzle set building blocks.
Speaker 1: That come with little Australian and animals.
Speaker 2: They're so affordable at like twenty five bucks per thing, but they are so chic and I'm just obsessed with them. They sent me the one that I recommended, the stacking puzzle set, and Rue loves it.
Speaker 1: She's like La Lab except she calls the.
Speaker 2: Girla chicken because she doesn't know that that's a different one.
Speaker 1: And platypus octopus and a little kangaroo.
Speaker 2: But they are so cute. They're really sturdy and they're just easy. Like Office Works, everyone.
Speaker 1: Kind of has one near them.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can also get from Office Works a mug with your face on it and then do it for the office Chris Kringle office gift.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. That's actually really funny. You can do printing like pictures on T shirts.
Speaker 3: There two Yes, I think that would be more of the office scol those cool shirt vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that was my first one. My second one I think is I actually had got this last year for Rue.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was so jealous.
Speaker 1: I know, the Kip and co velvet Santa Sack. I just like as a kid.
Speaker 2: You know you're always watching American movies. Everyone has Santa sacks and I do not have fue.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't have one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to get into it, but I got one for Rue and hers has her name on it.
Speaker 1: They're really cute. They're like different colored.
Speaker 2: Velvets with these like big pomp poms, very kip and coke kiss. She I love these and they're just like a bit special and they're so sturdy, like you have them forever, and they're big so you can put all the gifts in, especially if you're someone like me that typically travels into state. So it's just one big hole ho ho back in the.
Speaker 1: Globber. The Globe Active ergonomic scooter. Drew loves hers.
Speaker 2: We got this for her for Christmas last year. It's a three or four and one, So you convert it from something that they sit on and you push. Then you take the pushing element off and they just kind of sit and push themselves along and then that seat comes off and that turns into a scooter and it's just kind of like all the stages of them learning how to scoot.
Speaker 3: That's so cute. Just Sam.
Speaker 2: You can get ones that have light up wheels, and she is just obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: Like hot tip, they can scoot earlier than you think they can.
Speaker 2: I crew was still sitting down, and then I went to my girlfriend Hannah's house and her son, who's like quite a lot younger than Rue, was scooting around and Brew hopped on the scooter and was like so good at it, and I was like, okay, got it. So she's not my baby anymore. She's a toddler that can do things. But the scooter is so good. And there are a bunch of them are on sale at the moment, and I think Black Friday will be even more heavily discounted Bonds next gen.
Speaker 3: Shorts these are adorable, so there's nothing more. I hate that so many of the boy shorts are so long. I want to see those deliciously chubby legs.
Speaker 1: Why are we hiding them? Also, it's summer.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so I always like shop in the girls section for lens shorts because yeah, why do only the little girls get tap their chubby little legs?
Speaker 2: Also, these are unisex, These are so unique.
Speaker 3: Colors are a bit.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you know, yeah, you can't win them all. But basically, like a terry toweling, I think kind of material, and then they've got like a little.
Speaker 3: Stripe down the cute.
Speaker 2: They're really sweet and bonds always have sales, especially around this time of the year, so you'll get lucky.
Speaker 1: And then the other one if you do have a girl or whoever wants to dress in this rue, I got her a couple of these bonds tea dress last year. So good for daycare. Yea, so good for daycare, just like easy.
Speaker 2: They've got like random prints on them, so they breathe the ball. Yeah, and they are so good, and bonds are always that little bit bigger, so you get more longevity.
Speaker 1: Out of the west.
Speaker 2: They are so highly recommend those, and there's like a few new designs for the summer as well.
Speaker 3: What about you, kel My first recommendation is the Moppet Kids Learning Tower. So this is the learning tower that we've got. It took me so long to jump on board the learning tower thing. I think you were like, oh, no, you should get one, and then for so long.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: They look really Dylan Druze honestly the best investment and it's such a good gift because they are like a little bit pricier I am. I'm an affiliate with them, so I have a code Kelly gets you a discount. I don't remember how much the code is, but like whatever discount is a discount. They might even have it for more off this Black Friday. And the reason why I chose this one is because I use it more than len.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I use this as a step ladder all the time, so a lot of them actually, don't take your weight. You've got to be quite careful. This takes up to one hundred and twenty kilos. Your partner can probably get on it too.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so good.
Speaker 3: Like Luke is ginormous. He can still use his step ladder.
Speaker 1: It looks really well made.
Speaker 3: It's so well made, and it's just like the best thing for a wingy kid or a kid that always wants to help a little bit annoying that now he's realized he can push it around the house to access.
Speaker 1: Rude the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's really so please stop rearranging everything.
Speaker 1: No, she pushed it to the front door the other day. Oh, and I was like, why is this here?
Speaker 3: Why? Yeah, Percy likes to sit on it. Yeah, so that's a really good gift for that sort of age group because they grow with it as well totally.
Speaker 2: Also, do they have the one like, I know, mine's a little bit different, but mine's a step ladder that turns into a table and chair.
Speaker 3: No, this one doesn't turn into a table.
Speaker 1: We'll link my one that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's my happy helper. But Yossi is like a little bit cheaper and it does the same thing.
Speaker 1: But when you got.
Speaker 2: Those from a marketplace, right, I got mine from marketplace. But what I love about it is that, like, especially if you live in a small apartment or a smaller house, like having the step ladder and then also having the table that they sit and eat at, you're just saving a bit of space because it's really really handy. So olling that to a baby swing or like an actual swing for a bit of actual swing for a baby up until oh like it's still up till twenty kilos, Like.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, that is so cute.
Speaker 3: I'm actually just so irritated by this because Luke sometimes he does things and I just think, why, why does your brain work that way? So one day I was like, where's the swing? Because it was like up like hung up outside. You can hang it anywhere. You just need a beam for support. Like the way that it comes though, you don't need to like build something to hang it from. And it's just it's really cute. It's like fabric. It's really safe. It's got like the proper belt and then the little support. So it's great, so really chic. And he threw it out because it was moldy. I was like, so did you not think he spotted like a tiny bit of molders? Like why did you not wash it? It wasn't cheap and Lenny always wants to go on the swing at the playground. I was like, he would have just grown into it.
Speaker 1: Even Yeah, he would have really liked it anyway.
Speaker 3: So it's a great game quite over that also a personalized book. Oh I love that, Like he's a character, yes, And heaps of different places do them. Some of them you can get ones from Big w and they're just really generic, like Lenny's first Christmas. I remember there were I got one. It was so affordable and I got one for like the other kids and it was their first Christmas. But then you pay you can get some really expensive ones, but they are so detailed and they have like all of the different family members and pets and stuff, and they're just so cute and it's such a nice thing to have.
Speaker 1: I actually had one of these when I was little.
Speaker 2: Oh my cousins gave it to me, and it was my favorite bookcase. Also thinking about like representation when you're little characters that have you name, like that was never going to be me.
Speaker 3: And also you choose like hair color, skin color when you're building the character thing.
Speaker 1: It's so fun and I remember as a kid it being my favorite book.
Speaker 3: Actually, I remember I had one about ballet and I was the character and it was also my favorite book. Yes, even though I never did dance in my life. Hell, he gifts for baby two to five, so kid told the kid, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, this is my favorite. Obviously my favorite one. The Little Nation Ultra light Weight balance bike. Kelly and I have had a little bit of a back and forth on this one, but this is actually going.
Speaker 1: To be Rue's gift this year. So she loves the scooter and then I'm thinking the balance bike is the next thing.
Speaker 3: But can you give us your reason why you wouldn't just get a bike.
Speaker 1: Well, we live in a tiny.
Speaker 3: No balance bikes as a normal little bike, they're light, they are like, yeah, I don't know, Like, I don't know what my reasoning is, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: I've just seen a lot of my girlfriend's kids have them, and it gets some confident without having to do training wheels. Yes, so I thought that, like, you get them the balance bike, they go through all of that, and then they get a shiny new bike, like a proper bike, and then I can use the balance bike for the next baby. I don't know what my reasoning is, anyway, if you want to get one, I think it's a good idea and I'm getting real one.
Speaker 1: No good, do it next up.
Speaker 2: I have got the shout out to anyone out there who hates silicon.
Speaker 1: Kids plates and bowls. I'm just saying gross, They're disgusting.
Speaker 3: The fairy part makes the food taste different.
Speaker 2: It does because I will often eat something I've cooked rough and it's like, why does this taste like dishwashing detergent?
Speaker 1: And it doesn't matter if you hand wash them. It's gross.
Speaker 2: I know we're trying to like be silicony, but that's chilkin good. Oh, because everyone's against plastic because plastic's bad, right anyway.
Speaker 3: Give them a plate and teach them to be gentle.
Speaker 1: A good friend of mine's Sarah. Shout out Sarah. She listens to the pod. She is a shitter Tommy about Mushy.
Speaker 2: But Mushy is really hard. They're like a Swedish brand, really hard to find. They sail out really quickly.
Speaker 1: You had to buy online, and I just I'm not a great online buyer. Anyway, I was Byer.
Speaker 2: I was in store at the memo and saw that bibs, you know bibs they do like the chic dummies.
Speaker 1: They're Almoso, a Swedish brand.
Speaker 2: They do this two piece dinner set and so I got one for ru. So you get a plate in a bowl and the bowl actually comes with its own lids, so you can take it on the go or like chuck it in the fridge with leftovers. And basically it's made out of like one hundred percent food grade material.
Speaker 3: It's it's not silicon.
Speaker 1: It's not silicon, and it's not like a plastic.
Speaker 2: It's something I've been on the actual website and I couldn't find what it was actually made out of. But it can withstand microwave heating, dishwasher cleaning, and freezer temperatures. But the lids can't be microwave. But I went back and bought another set because I was so impressed with them. They're just super sturdy. They're kind of just.
Speaker 1: Like what we had back in the day, you know, like, oh yeah, they're awesome.
Speaker 2: I think it's like forty bucks for the two The mushy ones actually like twenty seven dollars just for one bowl. Oh so I think the Bibbs ones you get a bowl and a plate and a lid. So that's why I put this one in and because I've tried it. But the mushy ones are also great if anyone wants to go with that brand and has that a nearby store.
Speaker 3: It was my.
Speaker 2: Niece's birthday recently and Charlie goes, hey, what should we get Rosebud for a birthday?
Speaker 1: And I was like Rosebud or her name's Rose.
Speaker 3: And I was like, custom yetty Sims? What it was the cheat for Sims when you wanted to get heaps of money?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, don't ask me. I don't know why you just.
Speaker 2: Said that, Like it just came out of my mouth. A custom YETI So, you know, however, all the kids have the little yetti drink bottles.
Speaker 3: No, okay, well no idea what a YETI is?
Speaker 2: Well, YETI is like this brand that they just make really good insulated products, so like in camping stuff, drink bottles, chili bans or Eski's.
Speaker 1: So they also do drink bottles and.
Speaker 3: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: I always like shit, but the kids get the drink bottles. So Gold gave one to Roof for her birthday. And when I was at my girlfriend Hannah's house in Queensland, her kids had their names on them and you can do it on the Yetti website. So the little three hundred mili ones like so for like a two to five, or you can get the size up a little bit. It's like forty bucks. But it's like a proper insulated stainless steel water bottle that keeps the water really really cold. And they're not too heavy. They're heavier than like a plastic water bottle obviously, but you can get their name on it, which is so cute, so they can take instead of no, Yetti's the brand.
Speaker 1: But then you get like.
Speaker 3: How big it is. It's ugly.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: No, I think that it's a cute drink bottle, but why is de Yetti. Why is your brand so obnoxiously big?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some people like that anyway. They do special colourways for Christmas, and there's like a peach one out at the moment.
Speaker 3: I love the peach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pitch is really cute. Rue's got hot pink, well the orange.
Speaker 2: She loves yeah, all of them, And like all my girlfriends have these water bottles too. I'm going to get one because in summer, like I only want one, and you can get really big sized ones as well, and they're so good they don't leak.
Speaker 3: So they say cold all day.
Speaker 1: Is that all dad? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, they say cold all day. So I love them. Rue loves them.
Speaker 2: And they've got just like the lift up drinking spout that you drink out of and so you can just chuck them into your bag and not worry about it oh or anything like that. But it's like quite cute because when you're little and something has your name on it, you love it.
Speaker 1: But also like a really good gift that they're going to use. They can take it to daycare, they can take it to school, they can have it at home. And then my final one is.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all my friends who have kids that are older and just like a way more prepared for stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a.
Speaker 2: Bit niche, but it's called the Tawale tollable body board. Now you get this from boat camping fishings.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's really funny. So imagine a boogie board, but at the front of the boogie board there are two little handles, so basically the kid just lays on it holds on on and you just toe them. So you toe them on like the beach where the waves like meet the sand.
Speaker 1: We did it on our trip in Byron and Rue loved it. Like you just run around like zigzagging them through the waves. They like go up on the little mini waves.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is genius.
Speaker 1: And look my girlfriends did say they do have one. It came up, but it's not as good quality, but you could get the came up version. This is fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: But they're durable, like they're from BCF, like they're proper well made things. There's a couple of different colors. But fuck, just like such an easy win to do something at the beach where you have fun.
Speaker 3: They have fun, everyone's getting energy out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, exactly, And it was just so funny. I'll put up a picture of rou on it. She just did not stop smiling it it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a really good Christmas gift for summer especially, like that's just paying for itself really, and the kids can tell each other around. We dinked them so we put like two girls on one together and they were.
Speaker 1: Just like loving it. It was really sweet.
Speaker 3: Anyway, want that for me?
Speaker 1: Well? Well then Charlie was like can I get on there? And I was like, I can't pull you, lou people me. Yeah, he can pull you. You can share it. It's fine for adults. All right. Those were all of my ones for two to five. What were yours?
Speaker 3: First? Are perfect age to introduce a poppy or kitten into the family? What is that realistic?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, lady's getting one. I don't know if everyone can get that one.
Speaker 3: Why do people hate pets? Yes they are at no, but everyone reacts like, well.
Speaker 1: It just funny that you're recommending it on the podcast. Get them a pet.
Speaker 3: It is a great age to get a pet because they're old enough to like help okay, and it to be their responsibility, but young enough like they're gonna grow up with a pet and it's just going to be so.
Speaker 1: Cute, sweet. And I also like that person who's gonna have like a little little friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think that what a great time a dog or a cat in a box with breathing holes obviously, Okay, anyway, these ones are probably a bit more rid. This one of the best things I've ever purchased. I got it for his birthday this year. The Rebounder mini trampoline.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: Rue has loved it sick as well when she's been over and her.
Speaker 1: Cousins have it as well.
Speaker 3: She loves Oh my goodness. Yes, it is fine for you to go on if you want to have a little hip hip jump and he jump. It's got like a little handle thing. The todd the ones so that they can safely sort of really practice jumping, and the mini ones are a lot better. Like orthopedic surgeons, they have a lot to say about yper trampolines because of their joints, and I don't know what the it's something.
Speaker 2: To say his way for them to jump when their joints are still a bit like jelly exactly.
Speaker 3: Because it's so firm, so it's like the best trampoline for them. Honestly, hours of endless fun. Yes, hours of endless fun. A great way for them to get energy out. Generally, they're pretty portable, you can store them away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, such a great side. Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this one actually isn't my recommendation, but there's so many people that don't like too much screen time and this was just has been heavily recommended. The Yochho Mini.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: I'd never even heard of it. So it's a kids screened free bluetooth audio player. So it's an all in one travel device that plays stories, music, podcast radio okay, to wake us. Like, it's got a clock in it. You can use it as a speaker or with headphones. Apparently, like there's the little cards that you can put in to help with speech and that sort of thing. Apparently it is the greatest thing ever. I'm not a haterre of screen times, but I still would actually like, I just think that this is fantastic. Anything to encourage them not to always want to watch TV. Let he does it anyway, But.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of those viewfinders and used to put them in, Like it's like kind of a toy, like kind of old school looking, but it looks like a little toy and they would obviously just love playing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it feels like there's a lot more that you can do with it. I love that as.
Speaker 3: It really good. Yeah, it's just it's Goto point seven and it's just on Amazon. So right on car. Oh, if you've got space, do you have it already? We got the one for I thought you did. Yeah, this is like a proper car.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can.
Speaker 3: You please click on it and have a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: If your kid loves vehicles and you have space.
Speaker 1: I always wanted one of these when I was little.
Speaker 3: Samers so cool. Also, have a look on Facebook Marketplace because you potentially can get them cheaper obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, that's such a good time.
Speaker 3: I've seen heaps unlike auctions. But the thing is you don't know, You've got to pay for it before you see it, and you don't know if it would work or not. Yeah, so Facebook Marketplace is better because you can make sure that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely still works.
Speaker 3: And I really want to get this for all of the kids for Christmas to have at my parents place. Jumping castle, water park stop. Perfect time to get it this weekend while they're on special. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Looking at the one that you have everyone I know, Oh my god, that looks really fun. You want to get in it?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I don't know that has one has been has said that it has paid for itself. Yeah, in hours and hours and hours of babysitting when you can just sit back watch them, observe, make sure that they're being safe with a wine in your hand while they spend hours on hours. I live because you can have the spray thing on. Apparrently, it takes like five minutes to inflate. I always imagined, you know, back in the day everything would take so long time.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: Not really bad for electricity, like it's apparently just the outside they're outside.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I'm so excited to get this and then see the kids play with it over Christmas.
Speaker 1: This is such a good idea. We did it last year. We bought the kids a slippery slides.
Speaker 2: Yes, so like after we all lunch, the kids all got it and we like put like the.
Speaker 3: Always my dream to have it was.
Speaker 1: I know it was really cool. But this is so cool, it's like a step up from that. Yes, all right, all right, well maybe I've added this to my list.
Speaker 3: Oh well, finally anything for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually haven't yet shared this with Charlie because it is quite expensive.
Speaker 2: But I really want to name plate necklace that says Rue oh Cue, and I found.
Speaker 1: One like that. I really like. It's from Baby Anything, so she is a lady startup. I think she's Sydney based. And it's like a custom cursive name necklace in nine.
Speaker 2: Carrac yellow gold, and it's like kind of inspired off the carry necklace.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, and it's just super cute.
Speaker 2: But I think minimum is for three letters, it's fifteen hundred and then it goes up to three grand for eight letters, so it is a splurge. Lucky Rue has three letters in her name.
Speaker 3: Yes, but what you then want one for the new baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we don't know what the name is going to because we don't know the gender, so that'll be the next you know, what do you want for your birthday?
Speaker 1: And I'll be like, well, another one. So that's on my wish list for so long, it's so for me to get it for myself. But I just haven't got around to it.
Speaker 3: So maybe a stack as well.
Speaker 2: I love a stack, and I was waiting for the perfect one because there are a lot of nameplant necklaces out there, but this one just has like a little bit of spunk.
Speaker 3: It's on a bit, but it's quite retro looking it.
Speaker 2: Is, and I like the thicker gold chain as well. So so expensive though it is very expensive. I'm not sure that the fingerprint one.
Speaker 1: Yeah cute. Well, maybe Santa will drop it into Mah.
Speaker 3: I don't really have anything on my wish list I could do, but I'll just purchase it all for myself this pay But that's just.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Like I might buy this for myself.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I think just like stuff that I really have wanted, Like I need some new sheets, so I'll probably get them while I can get them on special this weekend. God, I'm so boring. I've gotten to an age rore. I just get so excited about buying stuff the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like the fun and the magic in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to see their little face.
Speaker 1: Also, we have everything we need.
Speaker 2: We can buy what we want if we want it, or save up to buy it or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But like the kids like, that's the magic exactly.
Speaker 3: So I would say that just buying some things that I need for around the house. Yeah, sheets, maybe do vake cover, maybe a tail set my porno right then, oh god, I find it so dull.
Speaker 1: I love it. I need to get some sneer sheets.
Speaker 3: All right, we will link everything that we have talked about in the show notes. I have a final recommendation for the episode. This is a recommendation for you. Like a lot of the Vinni's and Salvos have pointed out that it's a really great time to actually clear out your toys.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, I saw this the other day.
Speaker 3: So the thing is a lot of people do it after Christmas when their kids have gotten an influx of new stuff and they're like, oh fuck, I've got to make space. They'll clear everything out. Then do it now, and be generous if you can, because with what you're giving away, because there are a lot of families that will be going to Salvos and Vinnie's and charity stores for Christmas, so it's a really good time to donate. But please don't donate rubbish. I hate even having to say this. Yeah, those places are not your dumping ground. They are not a skip bin. No, do not give them something that you wouldn't give a friend. Yeah, to give it confession. Yeah, really pisses me off when you drive past some people have just dumped shit out there.
Speaker 2: Well now it's illegal, Like I have a friend who because you can't even put it in the bins anymore. Like you have to do actual well anyway, list in my area, you have to do actual inside drop off. They've got like a little cart there, but they had bins and they were always overflowing.
Speaker 3: Overflowing with absolute shit.
Speaker 2: But you get a ticket if you leave the bag like.
Speaker 1: In front of the bin.
Speaker 3: How do they know it's you?
Speaker 1: Though there were cameras and they saw the license plates, so they got a fine.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah, people should not be allowed to dump their shit. Yeah okay. And final recommendation apart from that is at the moment share the dignity campaign. It's a campaign that happens every year. Is Live. Will put a link in the show notes to the cause. What it is. Basically, you've got I've got a bunch of handbags over there ready to go, and a box of products. It's basically just essentials that a new or near new handbag and then you fill it up with essential as the list is on the website that women need and things like Tampon's shampoo conditioner then like nice to have. Yeah, it's just such a nice opportunity to give someone something when they might not be getting anything else at this time of year, and just like a little thing that we can do to make sure that other people have a really nice time of year or a better time of year.
Speaker 2: I think I read on their Instagram that the number of donations since COVID is like halved, so they have like an intense demand and their supply like they don't have enough basically.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't have to be really expensive.
Speaker 1: Stuff, like it can just be the stuff like you know how you just I always get from like older family members, like a little like just stuff that I can't use, like heavily fragranced so moisturizer orso or like so nice, but I just can't use it. So those are like things I can chuck in el.
Speaker 3: Ten bucks off every person that you're going to shop for and put it towards that because it'll mean a lot more.
Speaker 1: Definitely love that one.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much. For listening. We've really waffled on for a while, so we'll leave it at that, but you can find us on all the socials as always, It'll be linked in the show notes, as will everything else, and we'll be back in your eas next week.
Speaker 2: We will shout out to Managianna, our awesome audio producer and.
Speaker 3: Us key ree Searles and Kelly McCarran for coming up with the list. Hope you liked it.
Speaker 1: I hope you like it. Bie Ho Ho Ho