Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sees the Yay Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly. The best and worst days will bear all the facets of seizing your yay. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned unentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and Matcha Milk Bar. Sees the Ya is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 2: Hi, Bam, Good morning, beautiful people. Today's quote of the diode that I don't know sometime as I go through my range of accents.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you really have a lot of personas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually don't.
Speaker 3: I I have recently been speaking with all sorts of accents and even you've picked up on I been like, where did that you to stop talking about? Because I can't turn at all.
Speaker 1: I know it's so so we just did the loveliest Yeah, we had the loveliest morning actually afternoon with the team at Conserving Beauty, who you will have heard on the potty like a couple of episodes ago. I think we had time.
Speaker 3: This is you, this is your times inability, So they had to they asked us a question, all these questions about each other.
Speaker 1: It was like Cleansed with Friends is a segment on Conserving Beauty, and we really exposed ourselves.
Speaker 3: We did because they said, what's Sarah's toxic trait? And I said, she's got an inability to understand time.
Speaker 1: No, it was not true. It was like when was it?
Speaker 2: Like way before Morocco, like way way before?
Speaker 1: Was it? I feel like it was like last week. So basically we've come straight from there. Our skin looks amazing. We have cleansed our skin with the dissolvable face wipes, which are just incredible. They took all my makeup off. They took all your makeup off, which you were wearing so much stage.
Speaker 2: I see this all the email and stage. She's like, it's cleansing, so you please are with your makeup And I was like, well, better put some makeup for.
Speaker 1: This event, for this particular and she usually looks homeless, but she looked extra homeless this time. I was like, you're wearing socks and slides. Get out.
Speaker 2: They are Birkenstocks. Hey, you know what I do? Actually, you know I am. I am poor bougie, poorie.
Speaker 1: It's like a whole genre.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Since you moved to Brunswick, you've become very poor, actually quite poor.
Speaker 3: Boo designer brand channel, Blueberry, what Bery.
Speaker 1: So it was really cute. They have this segment called cleanse with Friends where you get into the Cebet bathroom and get asked fast by questions and it really exposed Wind's.
Speaker 3: Because it just went row and my inability to skin care task was like so funny because you look at Sarah and she's beautifully padding on and and I was like, I was.
Speaker 2: Like the webbing of my fingers. I was using to massage my chin.
Speaker 1: I reckon, that's maybe the first time you've ever used a face oil.
Speaker 2: I have used Boobefec's face oil.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: And I really actually like that. I actually have decided I think I'm a.
Speaker 2: Face oil goal. Okay, because I can't do thick, heavy stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't really like a smooth like a light A light Yeah, anyway, like you run out of vocabulary the beauty product. So obviously we exposed our alien abduction thing, which if you guys have been listening for long enough, you'll already know what that is. If you don't know, it's basically why did we even make this up?
Speaker 3: I tried to figure that out when we were talking about it. But when do we do it now?
Speaker 2: Like, I'll just trying to.
Speaker 1: Figure out where at random, really random occasions when other people are like, why are you guys rolling your eyes into the back.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's no actual real context for it.
Speaker 1: Just why did we think we needed an alien abduction? Like, why did we think that was so imminent? No, who could.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, do you know what? What happens in our brain remains in our brain.
Speaker 1: So for those who don't know, basically we had kind of a code word, except as a code facial expression where if the world got taken over about aliens and you know how in those you know movies where aliens will like go into the bodies of people and pretend to be that person, how would you check if it was the real person or the alien person. And yeah, we made a code facial expression that's severe rolling of the eyeballs at each other, talk with chin down, chin down. There's a wedding photo of us at my wedding. I'll share it for context where we're doing it, so you can understand what it is. But the problem if identified is it because your eyes are rolled into the back your head, you can't see when the other person has stopped, so one of us is always left hanging still in role.
Speaker 2: Although I actually I can't tell you what you look like when you do it and what I like, because.
Speaker 1: I just you can never you never see it, no, except that one photo at the wedding. Wow we look so wow.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so it was really nice morning. Actually I feel very cleansed.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: And there's such a cook we were said in the car back. There's such a great crew there.
Speaker 1: Love those people, and the products are so innovative and amazing, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just genuine.
Speaker 1: You're watching the face wipe dissolve and you're just like, what.
Speaker 2: I thought, give this gets back because I touch my friend.
Speaker 3: But you know, sometimes you see things on social media you're like, oh, how much there's obviously a lot of truth to that, but how much truth you know? There's like dissolved in sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: I was like, is there six seconds?
Speaker 3: It was dissolving within like well within the minute, like in your hands these wipes. But but they were felt really durable. I thought there'd be one of those pipes that would rip the minute you kind of but they were so you'd wipe for days and it's still white.
Speaker 1: By the way, when we say we mean Natasia, who is the amazing founder of Conserving Beauty. Speaking of front to back and wiping, we decided off the back of last episode, which timescale, I don't know if was last year, it was yesterday, that we have a new segment, and I think this is maybe already my favorite kind of comic. It's my favorite kind of conversation which and is named that way.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we had one job.
Speaker 1: We started these episodes, so we actually we had a false start. We made a pun about like Ange not wearing makeup. Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Yebelein, And then we were like, oh, we need to have a pun name for the start of our new segment, and came up with amazing name and you just ruined I you again? This yeay? All that? Yeah, so good. It's like A or B like the whole going back to the last episode, it's aisle seat or window seat. Yeah, but it's not like fine.
Speaker 2: Like chocolateized him.
Speaker 3: They're a bit boring these days, but a bit more things that people wouldn't ask but probably wonder about other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the daily conundrum.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you wouldn't know this about another person unless you like lived together or were really close friends. And it really makes you think. There's a lot of memes about them and they make me so happy, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, and it's like when you when you see things online and you're like, I'm not the only one. Yeah, but things that you wouldn't normally have thought other people did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, The Internet is so validating sometimes. So this yeay or that yay is our new segment, and I actually think that this should be a yighborhood submissions. So if you have a question that you want to ask the broader internet about what you think is the correct yay, then please submit.
Speaker 3: Or if you really strongly disagree with any of our why, you must tell us why Because people you get like I remember I did a poll on my own one once about how many how.
Speaker 2: Many do you have to this again.
Speaker 3: And pronounce pole, pole, Pole, And then you had to tell me if you scrunch or if you fold, and and tell me why, and people got really passionate about Yeah, it was really quite funny.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, so that can be our first one. Do you scrunch or do you fold your toilet paper?
Speaker 2: I'm a fold, but not like an intricate fold. It's like around, it's around the handfold, you know that one.
Speaker 3: No, you like wrap the toilet paper around your hand, You doing full wrap around and then.
Speaker 2: And then and then you take it out of the hand and then.
Speaker 1: So it's like a messy fold.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, it's like a yeah, but it's not a scratch.
Speaker 1: It's not oregami. It's not a crane to box chose the number.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that's how you decided how many wipes every morning with?
Speaker 1: Like okay, so how many squares are you using?
Speaker 2: You fold?
Speaker 1: I'm I would say I'm a rough fold as well, but I'm not a round fold. I'm like a back forward, back forward like a concertina kind of Yeah. Yeah, yeah, definitely not a scrunch. That's really because you know what happens when.
Speaker 2: Your finger gets stuck. Thought, we're going to be this sometimes No.
Speaker 1: Don't know, because it's when it's scrunched. When you like, let go, it unscrunches. So if it's touched poo then anyway, let's from the do you.
Speaker 2: Fold after the first white to you get more?
Speaker 1: You know what? This is so gross. This is way more your pace than page. But it is a genuine It's a genuine thing because on reflection, I do refold yes to get more out of the thank you because I do too. It's wasteful.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometime do you fold incorrectly and you fall back on yourself.
Speaker 1: If the fold is not correct, so the fold has to cover the entire used surface. But if you fold not a fifty percent line, that's right, that's okay, moving on, it's getting off brand.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Other bedroom bathroom question that we thought was interesting because I again, oh, I thought about this. Do you shower facing the shower head or facing away from the.
Speaker 2: Shower head, like face the shower head?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, wait, yeah, so do I yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I've tried sometimes going the other way.
Speaker 1: I mean, I rotate.
Speaker 2: But do you know what happens because you have to wash your back really just let trickle.
Speaker 1: I'll just be like, oh, your backstick's clean. Do you know what.
Speaker 3: Is really painful when it's like really cold or the water's really hot and you turn your back in and your back has to like get fully wet and it's like.
Speaker 2: It's so sensitive.
Speaker 1: What? No, okay, anyway, next question, No, I do that thing where I fuck. I love the Internet. How memes just validate your weird behavior and like we've not spoken about this before, Like, so how do people know how to do it? I face the force of the shower head, but I cup my hands together like this, yeah, and I just let water gather and then I like splash the water on myself even though I'm already. People definitely do that. They cut their hands and gather the water in like your two hands like that, So you're facing the water, but you're also cupping.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to have shower sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Definitely face the obviously you turn around.
Speaker 3: I think they consciously can't recall if I do that. But maybe I do do that, but not really.
Speaker 1: I only realize because of the meme I was like, wait, I do that like this, and then even though like obviously waters going everywhere anyway, but you just get like a little collection of water in your palms. It's so weird. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I yeah, Okay, do you brush your toooth in the shower?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Mostly no? Yeah, but sometimes I do, but I hate the warm water fresh No, but when I'm washing my hair obviously face away from there, yeah, shower head.
Speaker 2: The next question, Okay, there's a parallel park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reverse park?
Speaker 3: No, head first, bottom first, bottom.
Speaker 1: Reverse, reverse parallel? Who goes head first? People who are scared of reverse parallel park.
Speaker 2: That's so much harder than reverse, so much harder.
Speaker 1: It is so much harder. I don't know why. I think because people who like it's like Brussels sprouts right, like every you're like, where is this going? You know how so many people hate Brussels price because they were children's books about hating them, and then when you actually like have them, they're actually not that bad. Like I love Brussels maple syrup or like bacon properly cooked. I feel like reverse parallel parking gets such a bad rap, like everyone talks about it is the hardest thing. But Actually it's fine.
Speaker 3: I find it's so easy because i'm but.
Speaker 1: Because the Monaco F one is on right, I drive to survive. It's way more I don't know, it's way more precise. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And what about in a normal car park, do you go head first.
Speaker 1: Or I will? I like to reverse in so that I can drive straight out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't even know to go head first. I find it's so hard. The maths don't work. I like your English.
Speaker 1: Reverse.
Speaker 2: I can set up and go in one go, yes.
Speaker 1: Can I can't do that head first? Yeah? Sometimes I do like an Austin Powers ten point turn when I go straight in. Is it because your visibility.
Speaker 2: But your visibility is bad at the bat? I don't know. If it's like the curve angle vibes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'd like.
Speaker 3: To know if people strongly, yeah question strongly towards one or the other with their driving habits.
Speaker 1: But I have friends who will literally drive around the block and be late if they have to reverse parallel park like they'd rather just find a different park. Wow, especially if there's an audience.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm at the op cell like every friend.
Speaker 1: I mean me, no kidding, no, I actually prefer reverse parallel. Okay with cameras. You don't have cameras, you but I don't.
Speaker 2: Use the cameras. I don't like. I feel it's harder with cameras. I don't know what line to look at.
Speaker 1: I just look at the mirrors.
Speaker 2: The total wrong. I'm not anyone looking out. There's the angles and.
Speaker 1: Okay, toilet paper, you fold it with the flap over the top of the role or under the back of the role, because I'm pretty sure there is a correct one.
Speaker 2: There's a correct and I'd never catch one. I think. I think it goes via the back.
Speaker 1: See, I don't notice. I'll just like shove the toilet paper. I'll just replace it.
Speaker 2: I don't why people feel so passionately about it.
Speaker 1: And some people fold it. Do you fold a toilet paper just to feel like you're at a hotel? Absolutely all about bath through?
Speaker 2: Well, I got another one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's about bathroom though, because this.
Speaker 3: Morning I was in a line at a toilet and there was only one male and one female. You did a pole about this, You did a poll about it, and I want to see I haven't checked the results, but I'm at the today at some point I checked and it was fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: But I'm surprised about that, very surprised.
Speaker 3: I asked, Oh my god, Okay, do you ever just ditch the signs and go for whichever is free at the time. If you really desperately need a pool, do you wait for your like gender room, like male or female?
Speaker 1: Why does it per specific? Can it just be pe Well, no, it's specific to a turtle head. Oh oh that changes my answer. And also no, no, no, if it's just a quick way, I would definitely use the men's if there was so. Sometimes you know when there's a men's and a women's toilet and they're identical, Well, just a sign is different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a singular toilet, which I'd say that then both have toilet bowl what you know?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Frequent men's toilets very often to know, But I just asked, like, I if it's a single men's toilet of single females, or I just assume they're both just toilet bowls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is it right? Like, what's the different? And do you know what it is? Is? Because the boys toilets stink and the girls always are like so neat and fresh.
Speaker 2: I see, Okay, well fifty.
Speaker 1: If I was busting and there was no like if they were totally separate areas, like you know, it's restaurants, you have to go down different hallways, I wouldn't. But if they were right next to each other, different labels, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Single toilets, one toilet run next to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like pubblic public toilet block where you literally go to different segments. Probably wouldn't go in there, but just like one small you know, like doors at a restaurant. Yeah, I totally use the events. Well you obviously you wouldn't know me.
Speaker 3: So fifty six percent of people said no and forty four said yes. Percent really, so it's actually got to split for the middle.
Speaker 2: I think that really.
Speaker 1: Surprises me, Like what if you were really busting?
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know why anyway, So that was it. I thought about that today. Anyway. Those are the main questions I had today that I've been thinking about recently.
Speaker 1: I love it how we literally started the idea for this segment like one second ago. Well, because I have to have like two actual questions.
Speaker 2: Well, I think about them often.
Speaker 3: I just wonder what the that the world does, Yeah, but I don't think about them until it.
Speaker 2: Happens, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do you get change in the.
Speaker 2: Shower or do you get change in your room or for a shower.
Speaker 1: Or see those questions they're so interesting this year that because.
Speaker 3: I've learned I've learned from hanging out with more Caucasian people that most people actually go and change in their bedrooms, like they go into the they go to the shower undressed.
Speaker 1: Like you, only you take all your clothes to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I walk and clothed and bring tower and my change of clothes and dry and women new clothes in there.
Speaker 2: We've grown up doing that, So that's all I need.
Speaker 1: Is that really a cultural Asian versus Caucasian thing? Well, I don't. I think you use that as your excuse for everything. And it's actually just like Andrew's weird family the.
Speaker 2: Rest of the way, I don't know is it. But you're no how because you're like, I'm not even real Asian.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to, like, what would be the best way to google this question? Like weird human different ways of doing things, It's like the one so I will m now I'll often like get into my towel and then go to the bathroom. I have my shower and you to the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I've definitely seen you go in, Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Go up and down the hallway in a towel. But sometimes if I can't get bothered, I'll also sometimes do it the other way around, Like there's no.
Speaker 2: I only knew one way, which was to go in with your clothes. Oh no, what just literally typed into Google the word which.
Speaker 1: Which ear is the gay ear?
Speaker 2: What is there one?
Speaker 1: I think it was like to get your ear pist.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was one.
Speaker 1: Guys get one ear pierce Back in the nineties, it was like if you had I'm pretty sure if if you had your right ear piers you were gay, But if you had your left ear pist it was like gangster. Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never say.
Speaker 1: Look, if you're wondering, wich side is the gay piercing, it's the right ear. How did we get to this, I don't know. But we both have our right ear pierced, so this is confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got both ears pierced.
Speaker 1: That's true, and the other one was after which is which bin is? This week? That's so good? How would you even look this up because I feel like there are other really interesting questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they have to be like each week we when we've been doing we write them down and then we ask about Oh.
Speaker 1: I really like that one though, I feel like, do you get changed in the shower?
Speaker 3: I actually genuinely don't know, because then I have other questions. But then I think it's actually just an Asian thing, like dishwasher for dishes or for.
Speaker 2: Storage like.
Speaker 1: That, or as a cupboard an extra our dry noodles. Really, yeah, but don't you do you use it as a dish washer? No? What, it's another cope? Really, why don't you use it?
Speaker 2: It's an immigrant Asian thing.
Speaker 3: I know it because I saw on subtle Asian traits.
Speaker 2: My god, we're not the only family. I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh oh okay, hold on, I'm going to look up the meme that this was the original one that I had. So this is like, how do you brush your teeth? This is what started this conversation. How do you how do you brush your dog's teeth?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Google, like, in what order do you put? Hold on, let me find the actual meme teeth brush meme? Oh like water it's like toothpaste water.
Speaker 2: It's always toothpaste than water.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, where is the actual one? Oh? You know when you want to find something and then you can't find it. Yeah, yeah, teeth brush order, meme. No, I can't find it, damn it. What an anti climax. There's a whole diagram of like if you do it in this order, like, unless you do it in this you're a psychopath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely toothpaste, then.
Speaker 1: Water, and then brush, not water.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Some people do water, then toothpaste.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I do toothpaste, then water, then brush, Yeah, then rinse and.
Speaker 2: Then rinse your mouth orri ins the tooth brush your tongue. Sometimes yeah, only sometimes Yeah, I just what I remember?
Speaker 1: Do you flops?
Speaker 2: No? I should floss. It's really bad, yuck. I know.
Speaker 1: Do you brush twice a day?
Speaker 2: I actually do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have seen you do that. Actually actually, actually I'm ready to expose it.
Speaker 3: Actually no, I can't expose this one periods of time where I don't like, you know, there's always there's always many times when you're not brushing twice a day, like camping or forget you tooth brush.
Speaker 1: Brush their tooth like seven days really yeah, I don't know toothbrushes, Oh my god. And then they see their partners in the family and they kiss. Okay, we've already done the sock Sox Shu shoe one. Guys, can you please submit some more questions because it's just kind of like my favorite would you rather game?
Speaker 2: I don't do that. I reckon we do that. I'll put it up after this episode and then we'll do it for the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so submit your questions that I feel like I have so many more, Like what else is there?
Speaker 2: You'll know when you think about them.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Okay. So in other news, in our Cleanse with Friends, I keep kind of sat cleanse with benefits gross. In your Cleanse with Friends segment that we did, I had to do Edge's hair and face because she has split open her entire hand. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: That the story unprecedented times. You know, it was like COVID all over again.
Speaker 1: What because she's a professional football.
Speaker 2: No, I am not professional football, but I played football.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, I was meant to fight this Friday, which is meant to be a really exciting thing to.
Speaker 1: Just fight some bitch on the street.
Speaker 2: I'm so non confrontational.
Speaker 1: I know you want to fly like, oh cute, never mind non confrontation. Can we solve this in like a nice friendly way?
Speaker 2: Friend lows friend.
Speaker 3: I was, I wasn't going to play, but Los and Mal were like, we're going to come watch, and I was like, oh, I should play then, and then partner's mom was down and then not.
Speaker 2: Like like it was a big part of it. I was like, I'll play, but I won't.
Speaker 3: Play hard like I I was the first quarter and I normally played in the midfield, and I.
Speaker 1: Was going to say, you moved to the back round.
Speaker 2: I moved to the.
Speaker 3: Forward line because we were getting flash to that book we were geting we were we were getting it was like thirty to zero or something, and I was like, oh for like anyway, I went from mark and it was the most freak accident of an injury I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: And also I get Bruce and batted.
Speaker 3: But I and I slightly injury prone, but nothing serious. It's like jarred fingers or saw back or whatever. But my only major injury I've ever had was when I was fifteen and I tore my a cl but beyond that, I haven't and despite all the different sports that I would do, and this one, I went up to mark the ball and I thought I just jarred my finger.
Speaker 2: It was wet weather footy.
Speaker 3: I thought I just jarred my finger, missed the mark, kept playing sign went for court a time, looked down and literally the webbing between my fingers had lacerated, like split apart.
Speaker 2: I could see the flesh of my hand.
Speaker 3: And I was like, like, squeeze my fingers back together.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need to go.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't even tell anyone what happened because I was holding my hand that was bleeding, and I said, I.
Speaker 2: Need to go to the hospital gets stitches.
Speaker 3: And I think I must have a high pain tolerance because I kind of just walked off, ran off, kept going to a.
Speaker 1: Mix of like a mix of Draco as well.
Speaker 3: But also after that, I only had new and that was the extent of what I had until like the next more tablets. That was with a passion, but I had it because it was kind of it was like pulsing anyway, and so lots with me at the hospital and I was like, it'll just be stitches under an ed, It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: We go in and I said to us, I was like, imagine if you were such a pussy that you'd want a genuine anesthetic. And we're laughing, and then we go in and then eaty.
Speaker 1: Doctor's like you're going in full jealous.
Speaker 2: This is beyond us. You need plastics and you need to go under it, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, no way.
Speaker 2: We were piercing ourselves laughing because we went to the place that I actually worked.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say, how funny going back to your hospital, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Which is like people are like, I would never do that, but I.
Speaker 3: Actually felt very much more comfortable doing that than anywhere else.
Speaker 1: And more capable hands than your hands.
Speaker 3: Truly, Like actually I was like, I really trust the doctors at the Royal Melbourne and particularly the plastics teams. And also I felt a bit safe, like I knew people, familiar faces, I knew the process is in that way you kind of like can trust the system, whereas I feel like if I went anywhere else, I don't. I don't have that insight. I don't know whereas I could ask like my hand therapist and being like, what do.
Speaker 1: You think hand therapy? Yeah? And so I know it's very serious, but it just sounds it was. We were laughing.
Speaker 3: I was like, why am I here for a paper cart? Anyway, So they had to admit me. I had to save and night. I had to go on the in theater.
Speaker 1: I feel like a helicopters come to get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting airlifted to.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So then he went under general. So this is literally Monday night and we are supposed to film Cleanse with friends the next morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he got out, ended up getting out getting home at like nine pm Monday. I got I squeezed into the last theater spot for the day.
Speaker 3: They put me on a general, woke up or stitched up. They did a wash out, like really deep clean clean, and then a little exploration. It is where they look a little bit deeper about the into the nerves and the tendons and ligaments and things like that, because actually it was a really deep you know, like rip laceration. For honestly, it still bewilders me how that possibly happened.
Speaker 1: But I think such a freak accident.
Speaker 2: Freak accident.
Speaker 3: I think the timing of the exact position of my hand and the ball and the velocity that it came in.
Speaker 1: The split physics.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know that math meme lady that we love that one.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So shut my hand open. And I got out on Monday night and I was like mixed to Sarah the next moment, like I can't wait to cleanse today. Chance, I was like cleansing.
Speaker 1: You were so ready to do it. I was like you literal surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's it's good because it's now it's just waiting for the skin to repair, which is like exercises.
Speaker 1: I hob what the healing timeline?
Speaker 3: Well, because it's the skin, it's like two weeks to take the stitches out and then once the skin's kind of closed over, but you can kind of go back to doing your things. You need to keep doing a lot of it, like stretching and message to the skin doesn't get so stiff though, particularly, and.
Speaker 1: Then you can get back to your beauty routine.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: Then your channel is going to be really.
Speaker 2: So my contract with Mabeling I had.
Speaker 3: And then that funny and yeah, so my lorial chat as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so they've all asked me to be ambassadors, but it's tricky when you've got one.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I was quite sort of out Chadwick asked.
Speaker 1: Chad wanted to.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: She's in the know. IM in the know.
Speaker 2: You know that it's hobo chic when it's like brands from the thrift shop is anyway, so that it has been my week this week, so just crazy times.
Speaker 1: Really, I just can't believe that you were like I split my hand open. I'm in the hospital. Like I facetimed you when you were sitting at the hospital, but I was like you're still there. Yeah, it was so deep and then you had surgery and now you're just like back to normal life like ain't no thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I shout a lot. Was for sticking around and taking me to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Legend a pseudo member of this club. It just gets mentioned like every here it was, but it was like the team oil.
Speaker 2: Was so awesome. Like Cassie, who's one of the senior t's, happened to be working that Sunday. She came down to visit me. She like message put this email into the ots as like a little joke, being like, look who is spotted And then the hand the senior hand therapist was like do I need to help this person in case, he's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So Sunday night, the Hailey, the senior hand therapist, is calling the plastics registerpping like can you like sort of hands out as soon as you can doctors.
Speaker 1: Like such a verb like O're gonna.
Speaker 3: A thrid of plastics And it comes back and goes, well, somehow plastics already knew about you, and I was like, oh, probably.
Speaker 1: So fancy like Hailey like message.
Speaker 3: And then they're like they've been awesome and then yeah, and then I get into the ward and all the nurses like and I was.
Speaker 2: Like Helen, good morning, Helene. I like, Helene, thank you. Can you just untimy from this so I can fall back. She's like okay, so yeah, very special, very great team. They're very grateful.
Speaker 3: So now under the supervision of the ot anthrapist, oh wow, Charlotte, who's a genius. So yeah, it'll be fine, like it'll the healing will be fine. It's just that I've genuinely the one time I was like, oh, I've got a low risk of getting injured for boxing on Friday, literally freak accent.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so sorry, guys, I can't.
Speaker 3: A bit sad, but I'll be at tributes right now, anyway to watch and then I think I'll take some time to come like to footy because I feel like I'll have too much PTSD about splitting it open again. Anyway, Yeah, well, thank you. In other news before forget to talk about we have, I feel like a couple of things to bring up is events leading up. Yeah, oh my god, so that oh and then and oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just we'll just tease.
Speaker 1: A real time brainstorm. Guys, you're listening to us in real time, like, this is the notes that I took for us to talk about. This is what I wrote. There's three points. We're the worst, a kind of burs which way to face in shadow all I wrote for our whole episode Guys, we suck. And also because of my time scale and because we do this fortnightly now, like I'm never remember what we've spoken about or where we're up to last week. You want, I don't even know what did we talk about in the last episode.
Speaker 2: You've done a lot of You've done a lot of radio House of had.
Speaker 1: I come back from the NT? I kind of remember did I speak about Eloise who I met in Alice Springs. I don't even know if I've given her.
Speaker 3: A shes yeah, I think yeah yeah in the restaurant, y y yeah, did.
Speaker 1: I say that? Okay, oh my god, I don't even know. Guys, you keep me accountable. I'm actually losing My.
Speaker 2: Line has lots of house and wellness.
Speaker 1: I had lots of house of wellness, lots of We had a date night the other night and I went out. So I went out for a cute lunch with two of my really good girlfriends. And it was a Friday, so we kind of like have just been going so hard and fast recently that it was nice to just take like a chill kind of Friday. And they were going on to something afterwards, and I was going on to date night, so I was like, oh cute. We all dressed up and like dressed really nicely, had makeup on and stuff, and they were like off to a bar and they were like, where are you going? And I was like, Lego, Nick loved that he was Nick's plate. Yet we had the best night. So you aren't allowed into the Lego Discovery Center without a child, which is a really interesting.
Speaker 2: It could have a try.
Speaker 1: You know, you weren't you were busy. You're probably busy because you were a social butterfly anyway, whatever, Chadweek whatever. Some diggies, the ones that like are just on digital camera with no field in her make up. Anyway, Yeah, that's you all the time. And anyway, they we had been as you know, I'm a Chatting Ambassador, which is like I've been going, haven't. I've literally been going to Chatty since I was a kid, as might you know. It's been like my home shopping center, my whole life. So it's super special. And we were there the other day doing a really exciting shoot that's coming out, and we mentioned how disappointed Nick was when our nephew got COVID and couldn't. He lives in Tazzy and he they booked in to go to Lego Land and finally Nick had a child to take with him. So then Stanley got sick, he canceled. Nick was devo because he's like, now I'm never going to make it deliver Land, and our friend from Chatty was like, oh, we've got adults only night coming up. Do you want tickets? So it's been like a month in advance, it's been in the calendar, quarantined, like nothing can happen on this Friday night, this is our date night at Lego Land. And because it is for children, like everything is smaller, like all the chairs are smaller, all the barriers are smaller. It's like a bit strange when there are no kids in there that it's just full size adults like running around Lego Land. But it's really cute and you kind of feel like a little bit silly for the first five minutes, but then you know, the inner child comes out and the playda comes out, and Nick was just like having the best time ever and going to visit all the things that he knew of. And then we came around the corner. So there's like a massive I don't know if it's to scale, but like a huge room that's Melbourne, like oh Coola in Lego, like the exhibition buildings in Lego like a whole Amoment and the Art Center and Lego it's really cool. So we went through that room and we're just like nerding out over how cool build was. And then you come around the corner and there's like a ride, like you can go on the ride, and there was this massive cue. It was like Disneyland, and I was like, oh, obviously we're not going to go on the right. He's like a queue, and he was like, like, we probably should. I mean, it's probably good.
Speaker 2: That is so nik justify in a serious way.
Speaker 1: It was like, we've come all this way and dinner isn't book till seven and it's only six twenty, so like what else are we going to do? Like he made it so nonchalot He was like, whatever, nineteen, Like the ride's probably going to be like not that good, but like I think we should because like, you know, we'd come this far because you are an ambassador.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Like that that's what pretty much, and we probably should capture the content.
Speaker 2: We did come a whole twelve minutes and.
Speaker 1: The game the ride is a game where you both have like these little like laser gun things and things pop out and you've got to shoot the baddies and like help the bies. You're know a lot of film in there. You only a lot of films, And so we fully concentrated, were fully immersed, and my and your scores come up on little screens in front of you lost double double the baddies and he's like, oh, there's something wrong with my girl. It was like it's just not I'm pressing it.
Speaker 2: It's not working. That's the one that I saw that photo you put on the story and I was like, I didn't see that on Nicked stories.
Speaker 1: You didn't even mention the game at all. We were like a smoked but he blinded on. He's like this gun sucks.
Speaker 3: Well, so can you go like as everyday people, do you have to be an ambassador?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, everyone can go, but you go with a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but can you go to the adults?
Speaker 1: That that was yea, yeah, yeah, it was just an night so anyone who loves Lego and there were so many people there who were like big Logo fans, like you can tell that it's got its own show now like Masters is. So everyone had clearly been waiting to be able to go without a child, and I think they do. I don't know how often they do it, but they'll like release it on the newsletter, which we obviously now signed up to so we can tell you when the next one's coming. You know, you get old when you.
Speaker 2: Start signing actively signing up for in newsletters.
Speaker 1: Oh so that was really cute. And then we went out for dinner that was really nice. So we had a nice little date night because we've been like, you know, Nick wasn't in the nt We were in South Australia together, but then I had Sydney and the NTA. We haven't been back together, so that was really nice. And yeah, we've had like a big travel month, which.
Speaker 2: Is and you had a big work month, really big work month.
Speaker 4: What's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the travel has been work and it's the biggest privilege. Like my dream, my whole life was to merge traveling with work, which is just the most amazing. But the way that the timing worked over the last month just happened that I think I was home maybe two or three days at a time for like five weeks in a row. And my big you guys know, it's lost Sunday is called that because that's I can survive anything if I have a buffer on a Sunday to like be analogue and just sloth out. And I missed five Sundays in a row, and I didn't know how much I was feeling it until I was like just nonverbal.
Speaker 2: One day. I was like, and we were saying that you can't. Actually, I feel like it's possible to substitute a weekend for a weekday. I try. I can't switch. I can't turn a week day into a weekend. It just feels different.
Speaker 1: Like technically we have the flexibility to do that if I know that I'm going to miss a Sunday, or in my brain, I'm like, well, Monday will be the weekend day. But then everyone else is on Monday time, so you're getting emails or you just it's not the same mentality the weekend.
Speaker 3: Atmosphere of the like the world's not a weekend day.
Speaker 1: It's just back to rushing. Yeah, it feels weekday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I definitely had I think the last couple of days, or maybe if in the past week was getting back into a routine at home, like you forget when you travel. You just don't have routines. So I wasn't really exercising, I wasn't cooking at home, like I wasn't eating well, and it was I mean, it's such a privilege and such a joy. I wouldn't have it any other way. But the last week has just been kind of catching up a little bit. I'm like, Okay, gotta have some broccerly, You're gonna like drink some water, like do some sleepy and exercise. That's been nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you go anywhaytime.
Speaker 1: Soon the whole of June. We are here, which is lovely and really nice. So back into a routine and planning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our next yeahborhood, Yes.
Speaker 2: Very exciting. Maybe we'll share that, say that and share it on socials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're just finalizing the details.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we do have one lined up hopefully in June if it all works.
Speaker 1: I think in a couple of weeks, and we were going to do two more interstate ones, but with all the travel et cetera, we will do that. It's coming. We're still talking to different partners who we can come and visit because we love to do a tactile activity together, a play we should do. We're all nude or the people that we paid do we all just rock up nude?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah cool, we just don't tell them but we wear Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought you meant. Yeah cool, working out English.
Speaker 2: But yes, in June hopefully.
Speaker 1: I actually had quite a few emails from people in Melbourne who missed the last one, and I was like, wait, we haven't even finished the other states yet, why are we doing another Melbourne? But people like in Melbourne really want to do stuff. Yeah, yeah, so we're keen to do it well.
Speaker 3: Ideally we were trying to do it originally were like once a quarter, but I think we actually really had enjoyed doing it regularly to.
Speaker 1: Meet people and even smaller ones.
Speaker 2: Smaller ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like playta is such a lovely thing to do, like booking, like when we did tofting when you took me for my birthday. But March years ago? Years is it and we still haven't picked up Oh my god, they've definitely read repurposed them. I feel like unless someone books it in for you, or it's an occasion like a birthday or something, you just don't think to do these things. So I feel like we're it's really nice to sort of have an occasion, even for us. It's really nice to think of, like what's a new thing we can discover. So the next activity is different to the last one. But it's something I've never done, You've never done, Yeah, I've never even heard of it.
Speaker 2: Really, I feel.
Speaker 3: It'll be really fun, something you can take home do whatever you want with a gift anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It'll be really fun. So that will come out soon. We also what else, We have lots of jewelry sample.
Speaker 2: Yes, they look so good, guys.
Speaker 1: Our next jewelry collection is in the works, and we got samples. And this is really mean. This is me just saying I can't like all these things, but I can't actually tell you about.
Speaker 2: Them, but just keep your eyes up.
Speaker 1: We ride them on and we and we're really happy with that.
Speaker 2: Even Hobo Shei Girl approved.
Speaker 1: And the Radiance necklaces, which have sold out like seven times, we're bringing those back as well. So if you missed out on those or you want to write another one, then they're coming out as well, along with two more new items, which is really exciting. Yes, so we kind of like we're actually doing more things this year that we promised than we did last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all the years before relatively on track, except for that time we didn't do a podcast for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did we really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because remember we were hollidaying.
Speaker 1: I don't even know and why and why I don't know why, and we have so much more to talk about, but I feel like I'll leave us there, yep.
Speaker 2: So we'll do some more pulls.
Speaker 1: This kay or that? Yeah, this such a good segment. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: So if you think of any make sure you write them down because they're kind of every day thing you wouldn't otherwise become good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just dm us and.
Speaker 3: We'll put some some of the questions up and then see what you guys think as well.
Speaker 1: And we are at the start of June, which I cannot believe. In a couple of weeks time, it is Men's Health Week, so we have a dedicated Men's Health Week episode coming up as we always do, with two incredible guests. I had that interview today and it was as reflective and insightful and incredible, like the two guests are just really wonderful. And it was actually two guests together this year who we've had on separately and now they have collaborated on a book together. So I'm really excited. So that episode will come out soon. What else I think you're looking after your taxes and tax time.
Speaker 2: You know, that's when you just run out of topics to talk about when you have to start your taxes. It's the financial yeas brand
Speaker 1: All right, guys, hope you're having an amazing week and are seizing your yay and tell us submit us your questions, boy boy,