Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast.
Speaker 2: Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing.
Speaker 1: We work, then we.
Speaker 2: Rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives. They adore, the good, bad and ugly, the best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned entrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar.
Speaker 1: Sez the Ya is a series.
Speaker 3: Of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Ya's of Our Lives Valentine's Day edition with my Valentine Ant foot.
Speaker 4: Then and Nick gets the hosts us for an intimate Q and A about our relationship.
Speaker 3: This is just the first time all three of us have been on this show. How how scause you never invite Nick? Don't worry, I got you, Okay, dude?
Speaker 1: He literally said, I'm just.
Speaker 5: A token partner. That's the only time we're getting bitted.
Speaker 1: But to make it look good, would you like to come on Valentine's Day? That would be really cute?
Speaker 3: And he said yes, And I'd also not mind coming on for non tokenistic like just random occasions.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Point. You know, Sarah wasn't funny before we met. I'm Sarah.
Speaker 1: She also didn't like mushrooms.
Speaker 5: Didn't She liked mushrooms, but only cut mushrooms until we explain to her, once you bite a mushroom, it becomes cut.
Speaker 1: I've come a long way, Gus, I'm not a long way. Welcome Nikki.
Speaker 3: We've had actually quite a lot of requests of the last that's true, the last year of people being like, by the way, have you nicked on an episode?
Speaker 1: Also, people keep asking if we've done it.
Speaker 5: Took a year for invite.
Speaker 1: I just wasn't and houring about it. I haven't seen uk. You've been busy. So many people have asked if we've done an episode on our friendship. I'm like, guys, come on with it.
Speaker 3: No, But it has been a while since Nick's been on, and lots of people have wanted to hear from you, So thank you for your time.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: This is coming out on Valentine's Day, but today, on the day of recording, it's actually and his birthday.
Speaker 4: So I'm laughing because thank you. I look, he's gonna right next week.
Speaker 1: Can't look back.
Speaker 5: I hurt my neck and my physio goes what happened and I coughed. It's true that legit. I was sitting in a cafe and I coughed.
Speaker 1: Now Nick has to sit in the podcasting room on the side of the room and he only has to look left at us.
Speaker 3: So since your last appearance on the show, we have aged significantly.
Speaker 1: Basically the point of the conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're twenty six today that oh I'm like, you're closing to thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm not even like early twenties anymore. Oh you're not You're not even Reai. It's actually quite a bit late.
Speaker 5: The terms over the hill.
Speaker 1: Who invited him, You're off size already.
Speaker 3: So for this very special occasion, since our last episode, there has since been since there has since been the invention of anonymous Q and as. So before we did Q and A's emissions on Instagram, but now we got all these questions sent to and so we haven't A don't know who sent them, which means people can ask why they actually.
Speaker 1: Want to know, and B we haven't seen them.
Speaker 3: And this is the first time we've done that too, because usually I've like control free kind of you know.
Speaker 4: I'm so excitedly pretty large to them a little bit, so many good ones this last week I've.
Speaker 1: Been looking at them being like, oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I thought your laugh was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Well that's where I get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Quickly, before we go into questions, Nikki boy, what's been going on the last time you were on the show?
Speaker 5: I don't know what, seventeen years through puberty.
Speaker 1: It's boy broke yesterday. Sorry, that's why I excel. Can you tell the vibe of relations.
Speaker 5: It's funny in the middle of the buffer.
Speaker 1: Literally like at.
Speaker 3: Least once a week and will be like when I always started to get eat and she just stwns.
Speaker 4: In the middle in the first parts of our friendship, when you guys have in the car and like these who would just have banter and then it will escalate and I'll be like.
Speaker 1: And then just breaks.
Speaker 3: Now, No, you've had We've mentioned on the podcast a little bit in a few episodes. You've had like a pretty hard little two year kind of period.
Speaker 5: And when the last time I was on Yeah, when was it? There was a tape recorder I remember recording it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cassette.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to pedal to make the thing work. Flints Pelican trash can. Yeah, I had a tough few years. Yeah, we haven't seen much of each other every cloud, but for this couple's therapy. Yeah, it's been rough years. Yeah, since we got married. No, I meant with my father. Wow.
Speaker 1: We have actually spent a lot of time part over.
Speaker 5: The last years.
Speaker 3: But it's been I think the last couple of months has been really lovely.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've got strange questions up take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had a hard time since we've been married. Anyway.
Speaker 4: Anyway, as the more specific question specific, you've had a rough to use, but also you've like in that time, you've had to figure out ways to like, you know, mental health wise.
Speaker 1: You're riding your bike more, which is really nice.
Speaker 4: You're boxing now, it's cool, and like, yeah, you've found your way of managing all that stuff.
Speaker 5: The rest of my answers today will be.
Speaker 4: Directed to go through the spokes were speaking most code and anyway, just giving Nick some credit for having done something.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, questions, questions, questions, All right, I'll start with the easy ones. What's been the biggest challenge you've had to face as a couple.
Speaker 5: Wow, right, it's an easy one personality, but we're overcoming it.
Speaker 1: People think we're actually dysfunctioned. Next puberty.
Speaker 5: What's so? What was the question?
Speaker 1: What's the biggest challenge you've had to face as a couple.
Speaker 3: I actually think it's been the past two to three years just just having things outside the relationship that are all consuming and then finding ways when you're not physically together. We just had lockdown. The world is like, you know, coming just coming back into things. But we were sort of finding ourselves apart for like a third of a whole year, two years in a row, and trying to find ways to Like we've been together fourteen years, We've got pretty good strategies, and we've started businesses together. We've been through so many chapters, so we've already worked out a lot of communication and connection strategies that a lot of couples haven't been forced to necessarily. But I think go into quite a long stretch of more than the normal level of uncertainty of like where Nick would be. You know, I was traveling a lot separately. Our work was kind of taking us in all weird places. Plus coming off the back of the uncertainty of COVID, it was Yeah, I think it was hard because we've never really been through that and finding connection when you're not together physically as well, like repeatedly, I think that was really hard.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think COVID was easy. Yes, I mean because we're very good friends as well as you know what I mean, Like I spend more time giving your shit than loving you, like you know what I mean, like that type of thing, Like my my love language is that banter, you know what I mean. So it's we're always been very close. But I think the difficult part was starting the business with you, And that wasn't my fault because you didn't know how to separate business and work. And that was the most challenging for me because I had been there before where I had an old business partner who was like a girlfriend as in, like he was teen years our whole hell. He was like, we're really tight, and I was like was my best mate at the time. We spent twenty four to seven together across the road from each other, and yeah, everything we did was together. And then when we were business partners, he'd come with his idea and this guy body used to have ten good ideas. Nine of them were batshit crazy, but one of them was just absolutely inspired, right, And so I had to deal with all of those separating friendship and work stuff like that and working out how to give constructive criticism with a shit idea or a good idea. So I dealt with that, and I'd used to it, but you weren't right, and I was. I was treating you like you knew it and you didn't. So it was quite difficult where I'd go to bed after it and I'd turn around your blunt.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, you said, my idea was shiit so like and it probably was.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I actually, yeah, that was about problem.
Speaker 5: That was super difficult, but COVID was so easy. So again it was nice actually, like as in we don't spend so much time together. Yeah, but being a part has been quite difficult.
Speaker 3: I think what was really interesting as well is around that same time of going into business together, you definitely had so much more practice at working with people who you had personal relationships within, like creating barriers. But also our lives went from so independent.
Speaker 1: Like the structure of our lives. It was really clear that you were a business owner. I was a lawyer.
Speaker 3: I had like really clear routine, and then I was also coping with like my whole idea of the week and the year and everything changing at the same time.
Speaker 1: So it was just so messy for us to suddenly be in.
Speaker 3: The same world and then like working from our house as well, while we we'd never done that before. We never like it was just so many things at once, but I think we once I learned how to not take everything in our work capacity personally, and also yeah, once we figured out how to have boundaries between like these have work chats and there's are home chats.
Speaker 5: The other hard thing is we travel a lot, but they generally work. And there was this whole it's just like I'll be in Tazzy for serious family things, not on holiday. So it's not like it was kind of you wanted to be somewhere else, but like I'd be in Amsterdam working, yeah, but you're like, oh, he's on holiday. You know what I mean. But I was, yeah, part of is like that, yeah, yeah, but the other part of the understands it. And same with you when you're working with Intrepid and all that type of stuff. It's like I'm here working and your gallivanting cross like kicking penguins and stuff.
Speaker 3: But I also think that, and I think a lot of couples will resonate with this that like, oh my gosh, she's lost it.
Speaker 1: She's lost.
Speaker 3: So that was actually another one of the really really really no one of the activities you could sign up for more recent challenging things was how high.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no.
Speaker 3: It was not having the ability to tell you that I was alive for like twelve days in a row.
Speaker 1: That was kind of weird. There's another question, okakkkka.
Speaker 3: But I will say of all the times we've had in obviously in fourteen years, we've had lots of times that were really challenging.
Speaker 1: We've lived apart for.
Speaker 3: Like protracted amounts of time, we've gone into business again, we had so many chapters, but every time there's been like a shitty bit, it's forced us to develop some kind of skill. That's meant that, like fourteen years later, we're we're still here, you know what I mean, Like, we're still don't you think though, like all of those chapters have meant.
Speaker 5: That now we home? This is question one.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say. I was like, if you keep talking events in every question. No, that was a deep question.
Speaker 4: It is a deep question. The question is equally as deep. This one's on the back of stratege and how to support each other? How to support each other? How would you recommend to support your partner during the loss of a parent?
Speaker 5: That got deep real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, so it was a second question. I thought it was timely.
Speaker 3: It's a very relevant question, and I would say it's really really difficult because you just want to make the world okay, but when something like that is happening, there's actually not much you can do.
Speaker 5: It was actually really difficult for you too, because the Paul was really sick at the.
Speaker 1: Time as well, so I couldn't leave me, and it was more important.
Speaker 5: I was so stressed about the dog as well. Like as much as that sounds bad, my just lost my father or my father was in a like free like that that like the night before he ninety died, But the dog had just been borderline being put down too, and I'm like, you need to be with the because I can't be. So that was my and so it was a lot more difficult to what would usually be the case where you be there with me. But also I'm not normal and I don't want people around me. It's true, like I've spent the whole time supporting my mum and sister that if someone came there and gave me a hug and gave me there there, I probably have lost it, lost it, you know what I mean. So even when Higgsy flew down from to come that we didn't talk. We worked on the house. We mowed five lakers, five lakers, five acres of lawn and clean the gutters. And like I'm weird though, so and the situation in itself is this situation himself was weird. He was given three months to live and died twenty years later, you know what I mean. Like I went down there fifteen times thinking that it could that was the last time. So I think our situation is quite different. But it is a good question.
Speaker 1: I mean from a support perspective, I really.
Speaker 3: Think that your inclination is like like your first response is can I fix it. And that's often how a love language of support is, like how can I remove obstacles for you? Once you realize there's nothing you can do, They're just going to feel how they feel at different times.
Speaker 1: It's really just like what you.
Speaker 3: Said, know how that your particular reaction is not the same as anyone else's, And your particular particular reaction in the first year was different to the second year, And the first time you went to Tazzo was different to the second time.
Speaker 1: It's really just give them space.
Speaker 3: And I saw this meme the other day and I sent it to you that was like, sometimes when we're in a hard, hard situation, I'll say, do you want solutions or do you want an ear likes someone to listen?
Speaker 1: And I thought that was the most valuable in any relationship.
Speaker 3: Situation, the most valuable thing I'd ever heard, because sometimes you want one thing and sometimes you want the other.
Speaker 1: And sometimes Nick would.
Speaker 5: Want me to like hindsight it's a good thing. I mean, like at the time when it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know, but I mean like sometimes I would say to you, do you want me to come or do you want to just be able to go alone and not worry about me and like the answer was different on different times. So communicate and see what they need, but also then create the space to be like, you know, today he doesn't want to talk not it's not me personally, just doesn't want to talk to anybody was personally.
Speaker 1: And then but not, you know, don't take it personally.
Speaker 3: Be incredibly patient and be there to just help, you know, make the it's going to be crap. So if they're feeling crap like that's you can't necessarily stop that, just help.
Speaker 5: The whatever whatever decision you make is probably going to at times be the wrong one, like you know what I mean, or there is no right one, like you if you damned, if you do, damn you don't. If you go there and they're like, oh I wanted space, and if you didn't, like, why weren't you there? You know what I mean? I think I would err on the side of being there. It's easier to regret being there than not being there. But everyone's different.
Speaker 3: And I think one other thing that we found really helpful was there were times where I was like, he's not got brain space to make a good decision, Like there were times where you were so tired of going to Tazzi that you were like, you know what this time, I don't want to And I was like, I think we should just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that day that had happened, you like not just go. Yeah, I was so busy. I was so busy important.
Speaker 3: You've also done that trip four days ago, and your brain was just like I got there and I ran to catch the last flight and that was I never regret that. So I think sometimes when you know their brain is too full, helping think about what they might.
Speaker 1: Regret later as well as I mean, as much as you can. It's a hard situation, but you.
Speaker 5: Go to think every situation is uniquely different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the thing that you guys do really well is that you know how each other responds to that card ship. Because I didn't know how to support Nick either, so I just asked Sarah, knowing that like you just need space. But Sarah, and you exactly you should be like yes, come, don't come, like yes, text, don't text.
Speaker 1: It was just clear to you and that was helpful.
Speaker 4: But I don't think many partners would be in tune with their partners enough to really know like exactly what would be the best, like you being like fly. Some partners wouldn't even know if that were the decision to do.
Speaker 5: She had fourteen years to deal with it. Yeah, it's actually it was. You're great, don't get wrong. But what more sol What I mean is I wouldn't feel bad if you're a partner that doesn't know those answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's often the.
Speaker 5: First time when we met, my dad was terminal. Yeah, fourteen years ago, you know what I mean, It was like pending there. So anyway, Yeah, buzz.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me try to find a lot of one.
Speaker 3: I think there are people who would actually find that really helpful because it genuinely was the only.
Speaker 1: Question that got asked.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is like screenshot in order of who's asked when. Okay, here we go, Sarah's favorite question, Nick's worst favorite question, favorite feature school, personally, any about one another.
Speaker 1: Dick kidding each other's penises? Oh my god, you said that. I was like, I need to just light the moon.
Speaker 5: It's definitely not a sense of human Mine would be your intelligence and.
Speaker 1: Your boobies and my boobies cap my croft top. That's a nice intelligence, isn't it.
Speaker 5: And your empathy.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really lovely, yours would be your lateral thinking, like there will be nine hundred and your laves know your ability to there will be nine hundred, Like overly qualified people looking at every aspect of a like problem, and nic will come in and just think of something that no one has thought of before, and it's like the most obvious way to do it that just other brains don't think, like you'll always see a different way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, You'll literally.
Speaker 3: Just cut through everyone else's brain and finds some way of thinking of something. And I'm always like, how does your brain see that? But it's consistent and it's so it's such a form of intelligence that's so different. It's like creative and academic at the same time.
Speaker 5: Moskiton and Rwanda remember that no one could work out to put that mosquito it up because it was broken And I'm just like, why don't we just do this? And tired? Why do you think of that? I'm like, how is that not obvious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But no one else, Like there's been so many times where intensely qualified people have not been able to solve a problem. And Nick's just been like, you're you know what you roind me of the little taco girl, like look at not as like that's nick all the time, your.
Speaker 1: Best ches being like the.
Speaker 3: Little cheese girls, soft and hardly exploring. No, but that because that's what she called the explorers done that, and you're so so you're lateral thinking and your intelligence that's so unique to anyone else's. But Kane is just losing her in the corner. But also the way that you make everything an adventure, like you will, in the worst in scenarios, crack a funny joke, or you'll you'll be throwing things at people in the way.
Speaker 1: That's like are you fucking joking?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Literally, at your dad's funeral, you were like cracking gags and in appropriate way though, like you're just I always say life will never be boring your practical jokes.
Speaker 5: Still telling this really serious eulogy. And my mom's four foot eleven and disabled and my sitter has gone and dad also held the high jump record as well as this, and I'm just gone and my mum broke it and like.
Speaker 3: All I saw your eyeballs go, oh my god, too far and then they looking in the crowd.
Speaker 5: Like my sister said, you're going to bash.
Speaker 4: If you watch your video back, like Sarah says it like Sarah's Nick sisters, and then Sarah says it, and Nick's eyes are going, should I should I? Sarah's going and Nick should I? And there's this long cause like says it, and then it runs away from the microphone's like oh.
Speaker 5: Then everyone laughed, and I was like, yeah that like six seven year old me. My sister was bigger than me.
Speaker 3: Was like, but you, yeah, you're endless, like practical jokes. And when I did first meet your dad, firstly, he was born on April Fools Day. But when I first went to your house in Tazzy, there's a sign that says beware of the wife. So I was like, okay, everything's making sense. And then the first story he told me was how when Irene first got Facebook, she had no friends obviously because like she hadn't added anyone yet, and so he screenshotted Irene Davidson has zero friends and like put it. They lived just the two of them, they lived together. So the only other person in the house who was going to see this, he printed, Irene has no friends, like and put it on the fridge and all over the house us and I was like and they'd been married like forty seven years and you're still doing that.
Speaker 1: So I was like, it all makes sense.
Speaker 5: And I had a competition on their vegi. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then your mum had like those broad beans that just over a whole.
Speaker 5: Bunch of extra beans sabotage.
Speaker 1: Garden like that thing.
Speaker 3: You have that too, And I think it's playful and like so much fun like life will never.
Speaker 4: Be is Shane. Shane's brilliant his jokes and they were the only two laughing. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: When when you met Shane, you were like, oh my god, it all makes sense.
Speaker 5: You had two jokes. One was we.
Speaker 1: Would get canceled.
Speaker 4: It was like snows coming out of his mouth and like it's so funny, but it's so bad.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, sweet, we lightened the mood. Great, Here you go. How do you guys manage your finances between you?
Speaker 5: I don't, that's true, Transa, that's question. I'm very very very good, always have been at making money.
Speaker 4: Right, and but but you're actually pretty good at like business budgeting.
Speaker 5: When it comes to money.
Speaker 1: Always the figure.
Speaker 5: I have an extreme ability, even since as a kid of making money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're very and I.
Speaker 5: Absolutely even better ability to spend.
Speaker 1: It, like it's not it's not just you're not like.
Speaker 3: You just don't monitor the overall budget, like you don't watch the figures as much. So I think in any relationship, you learn what your strengths and weaknesses are. And that's what business was really good for us for because it really quickly showed like what our strengths and what we could learn from each other and what we could teach each other. And very quickly it was like, he's not great finances, so I will.
Speaker 1: Take home those.
Speaker 5: When it comes to personal, it comes in and I don't even think about it. I just and also I can't even log in. I didn't have any cash for a long time when I was like yeah, yeah, so I'd know exactly how many cents I had in my bank account when I'd go to buy in the supermarket, so I'd know I had like seventeen dollars forty one and I'd be buying. Well, I know that was my limit. And my goal was go to whenever I go to supermarket and not have to think about how much cash is in my bank account and just be able to buy it and then I just went too far and.
Speaker 3: I but what's really interesting is for the like management of our money, like saving house deposits, all that kind of stuff is more my role. But in the business I had no idea about the figures like working out cost of goods and margins and that kind of finances.
Speaker 1: I was like, ugh, and you did it all and you still do.
Speaker 4: There's an extension of that question of more in depth. Do you ever joint account?
Speaker 5: Was it when you moved in together nine and a half million bank.
Speaker 1: Accounts and they all joined dollars?
Speaker 5: I was like, no, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: And do you do your own thing with money you earn, including share portfolose, investment properties, et cetera. Was there actually buying money goal all the two of you really equally creating?
Speaker 5: Yes, but not because we're like protective of our own interests. I like, what's mine is Sarah's, what's mine is yours, and what's yours is yours.
Speaker 1: I mean he's learning.
Speaker 5: No, like we we have joint and shared, but it's not because of anything. It's not because of any reason. I dabbling weird ship.
Speaker 1: That is such an odd thing to say on the record.
Speaker 3: He does not dabbling in the way creatively created. No, like you're more probably risk have big of risk appetites, has like crypto and like all that's.
Speaker 5: Very then there was. I mean, it's also like we both got small ship medium sized share for polios. Yours is very much Sarah Navidson couldn't be more blue chip secure. I recently to share at six dollars forty that's now worth twenty one cents.
Speaker 1: Whoa amazing. But you also bought and stupidly sold so much bitcoin early.
Speaker 5: Do you remember, Yeah, yeah, of course I remember.
Speaker 1: You know he's blanked out.
Speaker 3: But I think we because of business, you get forced to sort out your finances earlier, probably than most couples.
Speaker 1: So we've had joint accounts for I.
Speaker 5: Think it's healthy to have your own cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've also had separate personal savings, but it's I.
Speaker 5: Don't it's not a secret account or anything like that. That one's separate.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: You have a little bit more time answer as we are both joint and separate, and I think that's healthy, it's good. I also don't buy our gifts for each other out of the joint It's like we can buy presents for each other out of our own.
Speaker 1: Because like the Valgan millennium whatever, whoa.
Speaker 5: That right?
Speaker 1: What's it called? Millennium falcon cloth.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy about post production anyway. The next question, this is the one who's actually really sweet. Aelready Nick One's posted something along the lines of you don't need to be passionate about what you do for work, as long as you have a passion for life. We'd love to hear more about this perspective and how he arrived to it and whether he.
Speaker 1: Expects to live by this forever.
Speaker 4: In Capital's question mark question, my Christmas exclamation was that from.
Speaker 3: You, just like, look at my amazing question.
Speaker 1: I don't even know then that you wrote that question to yourself. One Nick one.
Speaker 4: Time posted having ripped abs is number one? Tell us about that routinees are hard.
Speaker 1: It's a nice question. It's a beautiful.
Speaker 5: I learned that in Africa with Pat Hellahan and I were talking about it. So he was working as a town planner, but he would spend all his free time working for this charity and he was just like he was happy doing that at the time. He ended up working full time to charity, so ruining his whole quote. But the whole thing was you don't need to people that go love what's that quote that's like, if you love what, you love your job, you life And I'm like, yeah, but then you end up hating your job because you won't love it anymore. A lot of photographers get like this, and a lot of artists and stuff when they're commissioned to draw Fredo frog jumping in a lake when they all they wanted to do was draw cool shit and frog jumping in the lake, jumping in a river. But and so that whole thing where they lose the love for it, and also like it makes people feel bad that how many accountants would exist if you had to live love your job or like stuff like that. You don't need to be like the transport officers. Yes, so you don't need to love you job. You need to find passion in your life. And that passion could be rescuing dogs, or it could be cycling, it could be.
Speaker 1: A hobby or a play.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, a plat No, it's good, it's cute. I like it. I like your outlook.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and yes, I plan on living there. I've just got to narrow down my passions to one.
Speaker 1: You have so many you actually do love them all.
Speaker 5: You just I've got weird ones. Like obviously woodworking is quite important, yeah, but then I'm like a ran out of things to work on. Then lego, and then there's a finite amount of lego a guy can have before it becomes super weird. And I've already crossed into the weird realm.
Speaker 1: And it's nothing like you are already there, mate, you are already.
Speaker 5: And then the same as like exercise, you get so jacked. No, there's only so much exercise you can do. Right before you hear your name.
Speaker 4: And then you had like but you also when we first met you, photography, you like, yeah, I loved cameras, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: The building of cameras photography.
Speaker 5: I've got no shit close to one hundred cameras at home, Like, but yeah, and I love photography, but I started to hate it because I I did something but work, and that's why I don't do any of it.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: That conversation with Pat is something I quote all the time as well. I reckon that helped me stay at the law firm for ages because he was like, if you're not one hundred percent passionate in what you do. Just find the passion outside of it, Like you don't have to be enamored with every day. But I think you also teach me that a lot as well, that you can find it. There are days when you're super passionate about what you do and there are also months where you're not.
Speaker 5: I hate a lot of my jobs, like I don't enjoy a lot of it, but I enjoy what it allows me to do. So it allows me to help a lot of people, and days sometimes I actually quite enjoy specific tasks. But it also one it allows me to help people and allows me to do things cheap for people I want to help because I get paid more from other people, and also allows me to live a life that you know what I mean, Like I earn enough money to do what I want to do to an extent and all that type of thing there, And I don't think there's anything to be shamed about by doing it. Not loving your job.
Speaker 1: Nice. That is very nice.
Speaker 5: You're so smart sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 4: One time, first time anyway today today, do you know your attachment styles?
Speaker 3: Oh, belcro what what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Oh? So there are attachment styles.
Speaker 4: It's a cycling there's like, yeah, yeah, there's also a book that it's like the four main one, secure, avoidant, disorganized, and anxious.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know them in depth. Can we ccco back to that question because I want to read that actually.
Speaker 4: Is a really good one to know. While you're looking at that, I'll do another one. Then I'll doing easy ones. You to have to think about it too deeply. Favorite place to go together, oh.
Speaker 5: In separate directions.
Speaker 1: Don't understand your favorite place to go?
Speaker 5: Look, the supermarket used to be office work. Yeah, whenever she was sad. Whenever she was sad, we'd go to the supermarket, supermarket or twenty four hour came.
Speaker 4: We did that once, did that much that one time we were both sat, let's let's go to the grocery store.
Speaker 3: We were like, yay, it's the little Yeah, yeah, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 3: One of our favorite places is Alexandra, which is, as you guys know, where my mom grew up and we still have the house that she grew up in, which is really well designed and like exactly how it looked in the fifties. It's our happy place. I think we go with Paul. Paul loves it his favorite place, puppy and we go every east and we've been going every since.
Speaker 5: I was born. The last time, one of the last times were there and there's a massive thunderstorm on. Oh my god, a huge thunderstorm and that power was off and everything, and Paul was freaked down. He's jumped on top of the bed. As he's jumped on the bed, thunder's gone off and the bed broke.
Speaker 1: He was just like.
Speaker 5: And he's just looked at me in the eyes and he's just going get the we're going on.
Speaker 1: Definitely not his voice.
Speaker 3: We also love going to Tazzy together. Brunie has become a new like that's a brand new place to go since your sister and then you play there, but that's a new happy place, I think. And then overseas, where's our favorite.
Speaker 5: We love Italy traveling together stops a happy place I think when it's special, when it's not work related. Yeah, okay, yeah, but Alexandra, I.
Speaker 4: Guess next question is something that sounds like Nick's asked, have you guys ever tried tasting each other's snot?
Speaker 5: It's really.
Speaker 1: Funny that it's a relevant question because.
Speaker 5: I tried again.
Speaker 1: We have many snot stories.
Speaker 3: So the same way that and is closely associated with barts Nick is associated with flicking snot at people.
Speaker 5: It's true in people, not just random peoples.
Speaker 3: It has been a random before you have flinched on randoms. So he flipped it once in the car, just like, not really in any direction, just like I was in the car and he turned around and it was four my lit it was on my lip. I was, it's not a toilet, so yes, I have accidentally tasted side.
Speaker 1: He has not tasted mine. Oh that's when.
Speaker 5: She couldn't taste her because it was all the wall.
Speaker 3: So I also did the thing where I used to pick my nose and put it behind the bed frame, thinking that somehow I thought it would just disappear or like, I don't know, disintegrate.
Speaker 1: And then we moved the bed.
Speaker 3: To replace it with a new bed, and that it was like this, like of my not.
Speaker 5: Texture that, And she was just like she has two things she was unaware of back then. She don't aware that. I didn't notice when she burned and just went.
Speaker 1: You still do you still do that?
Speaker 5: I would have noticed you, but if you didn't go you're trying to clear a snorkel.
Speaker 1: You still I don't wanted to go in your direction.
Speaker 5: Definitely blue cans levels then by blowing them.
Speaker 1: And blows.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time I got a book, a book a snot you were like, you've made it literally.
Speaker 1: To have a circle of trust. Okay, next question, how do you keep your sex life spicy after all these years? I've been with my planner for.
Speaker 4: Fourteen years and we've done a lot of experimentation, but it's definitely an effort.
Speaker 5: Now, how do we keep it spicy?
Speaker 1: Tom Young, that's my tygering Curry, Like you just just hold it, Tiger and Curry.
Speaker 5: That's not spicy. Though my mom listens to this.
Speaker 1: Your Sarah's Sarah's moms never listened to it.
Speaker 5: CC not only not listened to she's the other day she comes in and goes, listen to this podcast. You just okay.
Speaker 1: So how do you keep your sex life spicy?
Speaker 3: I think because we travel a lot. Hotels, yeah, hotels, Yeah, We're often in a new environment. It's hard when you're like in the same house, in the same bedroom, and like for ages, we also worked in our bedroom which was not dogs just like won't get out.
Speaker 5: So you have to consciously different. That wasn't me.
Speaker 3: But you have to consciously be like come on, buddy, and like get him out and like put some and then much. No, I think it COVID was really hard because we were at home all the time. It was not a sexy time. But generally I think the proven.
Speaker 5: When we're in Alexandra, it's not a sexy time because Sarah showers once a week.
Speaker 1: To Joe.
Speaker 3: But I think, yeah, the fact that we get to change environments and have little date nights and little date adventures really help. So even if you don't do that for work, I think if you can book a little troop even at night, like do a stay ca and go out for dinner and have I think you do have to after fourteen years, you definitely have to make an effort towards romance.
Speaker 5: It's not it needs to be an effort when it comes. It just needs to be you need see to find that thing. Yeah, it kind of works, but yeah, on.
Speaker 4: The back of that, then what strategies do you put in place to keep that desire and attraction going. Do you think being apart from each other has helped keep that desire alive?
Speaker 5: Certainly makes me like you more.
Speaker 1: But I promise they love each other very much.
Speaker 6: I know if people don't understand, we would message each other consistently for fourteen years at least once every two hours. Yeah, it is good that we have really independent lives as well. So I definitely find that because we get to travel separately, you do kind of you get to feel the feeling of missing someone, and if you don't have that, I guess it's.
Speaker 5: Hard to kind of created grop on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it does because we do have streategy.
Speaker 5: The other thing that helps so is we both travel, so we both get it, you know what I mean. It was just like I remember during COVID, I did go to Tazzy a bunch of times and I quarantine and stuff, and Sarah was lot in lockdown and she's like, fall salty.
Speaker 3: Because you're in a hotel and he's like yeah, in quarantine and I'm like yeah, but it's still a hotel home and he's like yeah, I am like locked I'm like okay, but you're like on a fak.
Speaker 5: Just imagine people that like go for work and the other person doesn't travel work, then like that absence might make you a bit saltier. But I think I think that does help, but I still probably prefer to be with you.
Speaker 3: But I think the fact that we have our own like, I think what keeps us really attracted to each other is also that we're proud of each other's separate things, Like our identity isn't even when we're working on the same business, we still had other like different roles and different things going on, and there's a sense of like, when you're not so I meshed, that you're just one unit all the time, it's hard to be attracted to the other person because you're so like, do you know what I mean, your identity is a blurred Whereas when I get to watch him do his work or watch him like flourish and something that's really.
Speaker 1: Attractive because it's like, oh, look over there.
Speaker 3: Like it's good to not be intimately in every detail of each other's lives because then you can admire from afar and kind of be like, oh, cute, cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just gonna stop it there.
Speaker 1: Till you agree.
Speaker 3: The fact also caps backwards helps spice caps forwards.
Speaker 4: No kind of exact thing you that cap backward and Nicky's in the backyard doing his would.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a chainsaw and the.
Speaker 4: Top is off and he's getting sunburned on his back the other day.
Speaker 5: But when you forgot to flip a steak.
Speaker 1: That's what you looked like.
Speaker 4: Okay on the okay, I want to extend this. Well, we're building up and we're hyping Nick up. This is so great and I hope Nickton said it to himself. Nick Davidson is so hot.
Speaker 5: Sarah calm.
Speaker 1: Sarah is a lucky gal.
Speaker 4: What are his top three tips around eating to maintain a ripped lean physique? Thanks from your favorite listener, You ladies are killing it.
Speaker 1: That's not calm, that's Nick for sure.
Speaker 5: You ladies. I wouldn't be sounding and I wouldn't be giving diet advice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nick doesn't that when you break it down.
Speaker 5: I tracked my calories for the first time in my life recently because Danny Kennedy asked me to, and that was quite interesting. But what was it that my diet was her?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The top three tips around eating to maintain a ripped lean physique.
Speaker 1: You just forget to eat meals, isn't it? But then gorgeous night.
Speaker 4: Genuinely, he's not purposely, he just forgets meals, and so I was like, it's lunchtime.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, that's right, and then he'll be like, I haven't eaten it's breakfast. I'm my god at seven pm, and I'm like, who are Yeah, just like you just genuinely forget. I think a lot of it is you train regularly. That's a big part.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I'm also not going to lie that it's there's a lot of people that train the same matter as me and eat similar to me, and they would be morbidly obese because I eat some crap sometimes. But having said that, I drink a lot of water and milk. I drink a lot of a lot of protein. Yeah. Yeah, I drink a lot of a lot of water. I enjoy eating shit food as well. No, no, but like, but I don't eat chip food all the time. Like it's not like I ate an entire pack of barbecue shapes last night, but without breathing once.
Speaker 1: I wish this like false, it's also.
Speaker 5: True, literally, like cooking months to start.
Speaker 1: Like, but you don't even look at it. You're just like.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Like I've seen like you know when he eats and he's just.
Speaker 5: Like I find that my body knows what it wants, you know what I mean. So some days I'm just like, why do I just want lollies? And I eat lollies.
Speaker 3: I think for the like average listener, you have a lot of muscle memory from being an athlete your whole life, and a very good metabolism. But you also don't eat, like really badly.
Speaker 5: I don't drink, and you.
Speaker 1: Don't drink a lot and you train regularly.
Speaker 5: Like I don't sit there every night and have a couple of beers or something like that, and I'll.
Speaker 1: Drink like once a quarter or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe a little bit more. But like and we binge.
Speaker 3: We're not regular drinkers. We just binge once every now and then.
Speaker 4: Okay, next question, you guys would love this. What's the trashiest, lowboil content that you watch together?
Speaker 5: Sorry, there's a lot.
Speaker 3: When we keep our relationship alive, we do joint activities that make us happy.
Speaker 5: We have set for a year pretty much because every night would watch Lauren order s for you when we went to bed and I was just.
Speaker 3: No, or We've got these like five pages that will just go on for like two hours, Like okay, we're going to bed early and it's like ten thirty and then at three am we're still watching me.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know you you watch compilation of TikTok videos on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, because that's when it's on the big TV. But we start with fever. We start with the getting hurt. We love girls getting hurt.
Speaker 4: We love dogs, dogs shows love Oh yeah, Labrador Dance labyrind.
Speaker 1: Or Dance compilation.
Speaker 5: Crufts Crufts.
Speaker 1: And you made me watch Crusts.
Speaker 5: What are talking about? The best thing is? The best Crufts is you've got like the dog like the dog like obedience thing, right, you don't see it. You're like all these different breeds doing it. Don't see a goldie. It all like that's weird, no golden. And then you go crust cold and trieve it the cross Golden retriever it and then it is.
Speaker 1: Only gold.
Speaker 5: The twenty of them like being led by their leads around in this thing and then it's but it's the the dad and I just let go the lead and the dogs in there.
Speaker 3: Go you a diagonal and it's like, oh the jag. The goldies are all looking different, the crowd and then.
Speaker 5: The owners are actually it's around.
Speaker 3: So we have a lot of trashy shows that we like to watch, but we're not reality people, so we're more like Brooklyn ninet nine. We've watched every episode of Friends a thousand times. Same with Seinfeld, same with like Big Bang.
Speaker 5: We once went from the first episode of Jack yeah with hum and rap and then into it because it has been off it all the way through like recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the trashiest is like the vines.
Speaker 3: We just get on a meme roll and then we'll just watch people falling over or the fart bomb, you know, the glitter bomb.
Speaker 5: But he's super smart, yeah, Marks, Yeah, he is so.
Speaker 3: But we get on tangents and also we also get on tangents like anything animal that will watch pandas falling for like days, Oh.
Speaker 5: What's the UK? Graham Norton, we get on.
Speaker 1: And then bloopers. We'll watch anchormand Bluebers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Riggs blueps are amazing because he just laughs like it.
Speaker 1: I really high brown content.
Speaker 4: Only know that I knew that you're going to love that question because every time I come over, I sleep, What is this? What I'm like, Okay, I'm going to sleep and where are you leaving? The video is not done it's like seventeen minutes. I'm like, oh, sit back back on the it and.
Speaker 1: It's just memes the British British things. And you watched it before, like it's like a third time. You're like, this part's fine, the next one's coming out.
Speaker 4: What's some next question is actually this is a nice This is just a compliment, no real question. You are both such beautiful people, and I hope you get to have the life you dream of.
Speaker 1: So nice, I'm nick demply put that.
Speaker 4: In what is an experience you've had together you would recommend everyone try?
Speaker 5: It's such an inappropriate it's really going to rain himself in.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Dora needs to go away.
Speaker 4: Oh quick answer, we hate you.
Speaker 3: I feel like, very very we have done some awesome things together, like we we will never in our life look back and be able to say we didn't take every opportunity to adventure and try new things and go into business together and go to wild places and go normal places. Like We've had some incredible adventures, but it's so hard to pick just one. Like I would say, go into business with your partner, but I feel like some couples would not survive. One's the best thing ever and then also the hardest thing ever Egypt. But if you're not an super adventurous couple like that might be really out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 4: E What is an experience you've had together you would recommend everyone try.
Speaker 5: I think what we didn't doesn't have to be in Italy. That thing we did oh.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, where you.
Speaker 5: Literally just pack your car up and just drive and find a spot to stay as you go, unplanned completely obviously, you start and finish as planned. I think that is a brilliant way to just That was one of my first enjoy company over control. Freaky like you are you were. So the story was Sarah Finish Uni and we planned quite a long trip and I said, look, I'll organize Italy. I used to live there and I'll do that. So we get to Rome, spend two nights in Rome.
Speaker 3: And then wait, first we went to the Middle East, and I planned like three minutes, which is kind of necessary there, but like.
Speaker 5: I had a schedule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, okay, you've got three minutes to pooh and then we're going to.
Speaker 1: Get on the bus.
Speaker 5: Don't bring up pooing. Maybe anyway, So we got to Italy, and she's like, where are we staying night? And I booked two nights in Rome and then gone, we'll pick up our higher car. We hot in the higher car and then she goes, where are we going now? I'm like, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I lost it. I was like, you mean, we don't have the winnest.
Speaker 5: Booked out of Sicily in a week, and we've got to get there, so we'll drive and see what we did. And it was great. It was the best.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. It was the best. Yeah, it was so good. Okay, when he's a baby spoon nicky boy arriving, Oh my god, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: So we've talked about this quite a few times on the show that we were not not trying last year. That was our first year of like, okay, we're not not trying. We thought COVID was just a weird time for hospitals and everything, so we kind of weren't trying then. But I came up the pill early last year, and then because we were not in the same place, and then I had Antarctica when everything.
Speaker 5: When I was mailing to Sarah, sorry, it was funny as hell.
Speaker 1: And we were like, oh, understand. I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: But we weren't in the same place when I was ovulating more than once, so we were not Everyone's like, that's.
Speaker 1: Not really trying that. I was like, Nah, we weren't really. We weren't really like on the clock having sex. Yeah we were trying, Yeah, but like in all weird times, so not sure on the clock.
Speaker 3: Like we weren't doing the timing, like you know when you're literally when you're younger, girls think they can sit on the same time as a boy and get pregnant anytime, Like.
Speaker 5: It's so easy.
Speaker 1: You can't. No, as a young like as a young.
Speaker 3: No, at school they ski so much and then you realize it's actually only like you have one chance cycle which is twelve maximum, you know what I mean, Like, it's not as easy. There are very clear timelines. So this year we are making more of an effort to plan because we travel so much for work to plan better to Yeah, make a bigger effort, I would say, which is really exciting.
Speaker 4: Next question for Nick, Nick, how did you know Sarah was the one question mark X Did you put that in?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I would make.
Speaker 5: Wars answer, I don't know. It was pretty early. It's like probably doing our stupid conversations about like acrostic poems and ship about random stupid things and Facebook Messenger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nick did the two thousand and nine version of sliding into my DMS.
Speaker 5: I still dispute the record on I reckon you just you slid into mine?
Speaker 1: Okay, But I didn't say, by the way, I've just changed my room from so even if I can't even.
Speaker 3: So, I said, even if it was me, right, I was just chilling right, like I was like, oh cute, Like we kind of knew of each other. We've been out before a couple of times, but we'd never really connected.
Speaker 1: And I said, whoever initiated it? I asked like, what are you up to? Like what have you been doing this week?
Speaker 5: And he goes, I think there's a winky face.
Speaker 3: I've just been moving my room around from a room for two people to a room.
Speaker 1: For one person.
Speaker 3: And I was like, as in, like, obviously I just had brought he'd just broken up with his what's up?
Speaker 1: But I was like, I was like, who says that, you know? What's finished? Moving my room around in the room but two people one person? And then I was like, Okay, I'm coming. I went to his house, Like true, that's true, and you tell me that you turned up.
Speaker 3: Oh god, but then you pretty much proposed like two days later.
Speaker 4: You know what's up? Okay, your next question, this is obviously talking about me. Do you have any couple of friends who aren't ridiculously good looking? Or are they all influences? Real question, and it's about me.
Speaker 5: I'm so really unattractive.
Speaker 1: It's so weird. Once you like people, I don't even know if people.
Speaker 5: Or not like ridiculously. It's awful.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously we have a lot of friends who are in the same industry, yes, but we also have so many I mean at our wedding you can see they were actually all disgusting. They were found they were all not in the industry. Like so many of our friends have no idea, they're just like so like.
Speaker 1: And I'll keep us.
Speaker 5: Whenever I post something influency on Instagram, I know I'm going to get so much stick for it.
Speaker 1: We do have.
Speaker 5: I get said, I'll get send the photo the sins on my insights. My mates send them to us with alternate captions.
Speaker 1: Or like photoshopped. We have very beautiful friends. We're very lucky. I don't know, that's such a weird thing.
Speaker 3: But yes, I think all our friends are beautiful, but not all of them are in the industry. In fact, most of them, like we're all still we're friends with our school friends, we're friends with like I still have lots of work.
Speaker 1: Friends, Korean club, my Kareem club, my friends were adopted with.
Speaker 5: Two of my groomsmen were from when I was living in England, like well before, yeah, all of my before Instagram and Facebook nineteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah one, Yeah, that's really cute that you think our friends are really beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh god, Okay, a few more questions and then that's pretty much it. But how is it for unique? When Sarah was away in Antarctica and off grid.
Speaker 5: It was actually really difficult, Like I just the main reason is Sarah would do this thing where instead of just going, okay, we're going to go down it's really rough weather, I'm feeling so sick, but am I is she alive or what? So that part was stressful because I'm like, oh, because Sarah's Sarah. I wasn't worried about her safety. I was worried about her happiness on it because she's very she hates being sick, Like I'm like, she's got she's like Jerry Seinfeld and then whole she's phobic vomiting.
Speaker 3: It's called a metaphobia. I found out recently. I was like, it's a thing and it's common. I was like, I found my people. I'm actually you know, I'm like so scared of it. And I had food poisoning when I got on the boat.
Speaker 5: That it was difficult and not being able to be and also because we messaged so much just about like random things, it was kind of yeah, but it was kind of weird to like have like no contact. But the second time when so she went across and then I heard from her for a bit, and then when she was in Drake Spasty and I didn't hear from her. But that time on KNW she was fine, So it was much easier. It's just when I knew that she wasn't fine, it was easy. I mean, I'm secure enough in my relationship to be out of contact. I'm sorry, sorry, is Pingu.
Speaker 3: I found it really hard just because we've had this thing and you've talked about this a lot. If Nick is there, and we've had this quite a few times. When I got in really extreme situations out of my comfort zone that are real growth opportunity. Is if he's there, I don't do it. I'm like, oh, I've got my you know, security blanket, I've got my safe space, like I won't do it. But when we're in India one day we had this crazy hike that was I'd never really hiked before. I was by myself for like hours in the middle of the Himalayas with these walking sticks. I didn't know how to use them. And he had food poisoning ironically that day and couldn't come. And because when he's not there, I'm fine, I'm like, I don't have the choice. I have to like suck it up and do this thing and like get over the fear. And I'm totally fine when he's there and I lose it. So sometimes he's on purpose like go to it yourself, like you'll be fine. But with this I think it was like he knew I would be fine as soon.
Speaker 5: As I couldn't talk to me so much because I know way more to this story about what happened on that hike that can.
Speaker 1: Never go to you can say it halfway through.
Speaker 3: I've been really constipated from the Indian food. And I was like by myself in the middle of nowhere, and I was like, oh, I really need to pooh, and there were no ches anywhere. And then I found some sheirpers and they were like, you can go there, and I went behind this tent and then I turned around and like there were eight thousand cows just watching me and they me and I was at that point I was just like crying, and I was like.
Speaker 5: I just go.
Speaker 1: And then I had to hide all the way back.
Speaker 3: And the minute Nick opened the door, He's like, are you cares?
Speaker 1: But all day I was fine.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it was the reason I got sick was I was at this temple up in like up Archie was anyway, it's some random place in monastery, and I grabbed a april clot up the tree. Monk came up and goes, oh, no, I'll grab it, and he just washed it that me and my friend and he just washed it in this dirty bucket of water, and I'm like, because would be fine off the tree anyway, So I've just rubbed it on my jump. It took a little bite and then was looking through it out my shoulder. Yeah, I was sick, but when she went on this hike, I really want to go. And by the way, we all me and Jim suddenly felt better and we were just sipping lattes and like just sitting sitting, just enjoying.
Speaker 3: The But like we said before, with that whole you know, how do you keep a good relationship that being out of my comfort zone and an experience that was totally by myself, I actually had to remember who I was when I can't validate my feelings or ventilate them with Nick and out of all of those daily habits and stuff. It was really interesting to see, like who you are.
Speaker 5: When you and I'm super internal and like I mean like I don't think you've being with me or you're not being with me. It doesn't like it doesn't you know what I mean, A.
Speaker 3: Big external like bouncer off of emotions, whereas I'm like I can't validate I don't feel like I fully felt something until I've shared it, which is yeah, sometimes you're like shut up at three am.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, it's.
Speaker 1: My favorite thinking time.
Speaker 4: Tell us about how love language rock to your world when you learned about them from Chi my cousin oh Chee literally wrote, she goes, is this legit anonymous cheat your cousin?
Speaker 1: Tell us about this cheat your cousin? I love che Yeah.
Speaker 3: It definitely made our relationship and communication. And I think I learned about the love languages around the time we went into business and realized that Nick's love language for me is if I have a problem, it's immediately helping me solve it.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I would tell.
Speaker 3: It, pitch him an idea, and he'd say, oh, well, you've got to fix this, this, this is this, and then in.
Speaker 1: For ages that would be so hurt because I was like, you're.
Speaker 3: Fucking what You're like, I'm here dealing with myself doubt and you're just knock him down and telling me what's wrong with it. And now you know, love language has helped me see like that's his way of saying, I believe you can do this, but to make it work, my support for you is like helping show you what you need to fix.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's not one of the five l No, it's not one of five one languages.
Speaker 3: But learning about the idea that we both show love and affection in different ways and we receive it in different ways, like I need someone to be like, that's the best idea, it's so possible. Let's not poke any holes on the plan. First like that was when it started to be really revolutionary. And then when I learned what the actual.
Speaker 1: Five love languages were.
Speaker 3: Five, right, it's gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch, and affirmations.
Speaker 1: We both like to give.
Speaker 4: What is Sarah's love languages that she likes to receive affirmations in order of the five.
Speaker 5: I'm not coming backwards to the gifts.
Speaker 1: I'm not big on gifts.
Speaker 5: No, it's the only other one I remembered.
Speaker 1: Definitely affirmations. I like it when he says things, Yeah, gives acts of service, physical touch, quality.
Speaker 5: Time, probably affirmations first. Obviously probably acts of service, physical touch, and gifts would be last.
Speaker 1: You're the same, gifts would be last. And what does it like to receive? I think, well, Nick definitely likes to give acts of service. He will go kind of a sense of the can testify her. Yeah, for not to do, but as important to Nick, that's a really interesting one. I think you like acts of service as well as number one.
Speaker 5: You think the problems act of services. I don't like it when I could do it better, and that sounds bade going to go and redo itation.
Speaker 3: You really appreciate gestures, Vicky, Oh my god, so much?
Speaker 5: Ya next door?
Speaker 3: Yeah a little yeah, yeah, I love her. So I don't know what the other order is really, I think I think in between they're all kind of like definitely gifts.
Speaker 1: Last physical touch is pretty high. Yeah, but he's also like general although you do like ws aformation and quality time, do you know what yours are that you're like to sy?
Speaker 3: That's why it's hard for me, but it definitely I think even in my friendships, I think understanding the way we all give differently and receive differently and matching that up and then everyone's not the same. It's a revolutionary concept. I think, same as that mem I was talking about before. It's really deep, meaningful.
Speaker 4: Okay, meaningful, yeah, okay. Second and last question, how do you prioritize the relationship when you're really busy?
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 3: We're pretty good at calendar appointments, like we'll know, okay, we've got a really busy time, so.
Speaker 5: Like we're also really bad at it. If Sarah goes this, I'm like, it's not in my calendar.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 4: That's true because like is in my calendar. You're like, yes, it's it's that You're like, damn it, or I'm like check again.
Speaker 1: But it gives. It gives. Like you guys go like that's a rule. You both If nix like it was in my calendar, You're like, that is fair, then you don't have to.
Speaker 7: Attend yeah, yeah, regions as well, Like, because of the international nature of my businesses, I have a lot of meetings at between seven and nine pm or five and five and nine am, right, so if we're going for dinner, I can't just move a meeting to.
Speaker 5: Like later on because everyone else three different time zone is quite up into it too. So that's why the calendar is important. And also I try my weekends are important at the moment because I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: But we're pretty good at Like when we were going to Perth for you know, the jet start job, and then we tacked on two days, like we'll often tack on two days of just us time. And then Nick was like, by the way, I've got to cancel because my best friend's here from.
Speaker 1: The UK, which I was fully four.
Speaker 3: I was like, you never get to see him, but you made a really big effort to be like, but that means in dead we have to book in some other two day thing that's us in the calendar somewhere. So we're pretty good at like, Okay, we don't have any us time in the next three weeks, so let's book.
Speaker 1: A hotel that our work.
Speaker 5: Also, we spend a lot of time together incidentally, like, yeah, I work from home ninety percent of the time, and so do you.
Speaker 3: So and every night we have time where like the laptops a shot and we'll watch an episode of something like We're pretty good like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, last question, it's chupata three biggest X each other and then three things you love the most.
Speaker 1: About each other. Oh, that's a cute underfinished ones.
Speaker 4: First you have to say that with poor three biggest X, you can't say, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, we does have three now three Beigause, Dix, Monday, Dick, and Princess.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't have that many X. Oh okay, he does this one definitely.
Speaker 3: It's not an ick so much of something that like makes me want to divorce him, Like right now, he does.
Speaker 5: This and I do it because so much. And she's real hype on in the morning.
Speaker 3: It so much so he obviously, as you guys can hear, Nick's love language is practical jokes, like he is serious, not that often, but sometimes we'll say the words about affirmation, which is lovely, but the practical joke rarely goes too far where I'm like, don't fucking do that.
Speaker 1: But there's one thing that he drives to do all the time is just suck my nose. And he would do it.
Speaker 3: It's like as then he would jump on me and hold me down and then like put his whole mouth over.
Speaker 5: My nose suck. I just put it because.
Speaker 3: Because he does it before he brushes his teeth and then my nose and I was like fucking spitch for hours and it just feels gross and I hate it so much.
Speaker 1: So mad joke you ever did that video you said you got the milk the cookie, You've got milk in your bag on your body.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 3: But the nose I hate so much. I never get mad, but I'm like, oh God, it makes me so mad. One thing that gives me the ick is when he like it's kind of cool, but it's kind of not. When he gets annoyed with like bad customer service or something coming out wrong at a cafe or something, and I get really like even if I'm allergic, I'm like, don't worry, it's fine. I love it, like no confrontation. And it gets like like he'll stand up for himself, which is good, it's a good quality. But I get like, like I go into my skin and I'm like like if he sends something, oh my god, oh die, Like I'm like ill, I can't ill ill. Or if he's on the phone, like if he's been double charge for something and he gets even a tiny amount serious or like angry, that's your mom.
Speaker 1: Firm, I'm like, run out somewhere, run out of the house.
Speaker 5: I'm like my classic line is I'm not angry at you personally the situation.
Speaker 1: I have to leave. No, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I think your second one.
Speaker 5: Is pretty high.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but so it's kind of like thinks she's been quite Like I was like, he makes that mouth? Who makes that?
Speaker 5: Who makes worst?
Speaker 1: You'd go.
Speaker 5: She didn't think anyone knowed it?
Speaker 1: Now like who even what is happening?
Speaker 4: It's great, okay, last one, last dick. Yeah, you think you appreciate the book of flicking.
Speaker 3: It's not an x though, it's just fucking annoying, but there's definitely other eggs.
Speaker 1: The how's the pick up? Nick drives like g force?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, when he drives like a maniac, do not drive he thinks he doesn't drive like a man yet.
Speaker 1: No, because the pickup is so fast.
Speaker 3: Because no, you know what really gave me the the first time when he wore lycra.
Speaker 1: No, and I was like, nos, that you look good in it. It just was like there's a lot of gold going on.
Speaker 5: There's not there's that much chemy there. When you re record.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to say that you stories.
Speaker 5: What's worse. What's worse is when she re records with the same enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: And then you get to an appointment.
Speaker 5: At night. It right, oh good, over and over again like video.
Speaker 4: It's so true, but also you used to it's so annoyed at me because like it'd be the sixth time and.
Speaker 1: He gooo, and you'd be like as if you hadn't done it already.
Speaker 5: The best bit is when you do it when she's got the mic set up in the headphones because she can't hear you do it, so she would be recording some years ago, poo pooh the background, and then she'll be like put her stuff away and she'll be editing, and she would just go are you.
Speaker 1: Like hours later, you can't.
Speaker 5: Hear it when she's recording, You're going to hear it when she's like.
Speaker 4: It was more because when you needed to do those quote of the days, and then it always like high beautiful baby, Hi beautiful people.
Speaker 1: Oh my only other equals niggers.
Speaker 3: When he's this thing when he's on a business call and like being really friendly with someone and they tell a joke and he's going to be really plain, he goes.
Speaker 1: He does this like fake laugh, you know, the laugh that you do.
Speaker 5: It was like.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you would never laugh like that ever.
Speaker 5: So it's friend the chance the work.
Speaker 3: Club, which she's like, you only do it on work calls when you're at the end of the call and you're like, yeah, mate, that's finny, let's go, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I've never heard that before. Wait. Next other thing is he flicks his toenails. That's my big.
Speaker 5: Nine.
Speaker 1: They're Jesus, I'm I'm here anyway. Now it's now it's a loving ending. Some things you love about each other.
Speaker 3: I love how it's not easy to have two really big careers and personalities in one relationship, especially when mine involve was like, bye, I'm going to Antarctica for a month, like and I won't have my phone and I have never in my like I lived in I was also like, bye, I'm living in Hong Kong for a year, i am living in Paris. Like the theme of our relationship with me being just bucking off of my career. And I've never ever felt like it was hard or I owed him something or that, like I think a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people would hold no.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of people would.
Speaker 3: Hold that over you, or you feel like, okay, well and now it's my turn to live overseas for a year, or it put straight on your relationship to do things like that, And I always feel incredibly supported, free to pursue any Like it's I feel so supported as a woman in a career, like I've never felt constrained. And if anything, You've done everything to make my career and life better and bigger, and you celebrate everything.
Speaker 1: And I think that's but I think it's you know, not always the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I mean mine's Mine's almost same thing with regards to I love what where you just take these channel and do them like that's a really important thing because a lot of people with your education, and I mean people don't realize your education. A lot of people like how high you finished in the honor roll, like your score and your like you know what, mcrubby, she's like a she's got a portrait on the wall literally and was ducks of mcgroth higher and like languages all these other things. Most people would go, oh, well, I can know you're going to have a really successful, easy money career as a lawyer, but you chose not to. You chose to do something quite risky and now obviously there's years when it pays off, but there's obviously so much uncertainty in it. So I've always loved that you would take those risks. And this social media success you have now is a byproduct of you being a good person while doing it. That's what makes you likable. It's not like you just got your tits out in the beach style thing.
Speaker 1: You know what, I didn't have act vibes. You know that this is so.
Speaker 5: So it's almost the inverse of that, Like I love supporting you doing these wild things.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: I know I was waiting for the like. The other thing I love about you is how much you care for your friends and people that you love. You don't ever half ass anything. You use your full ass.
Speaker 5: Both butt cheeks, both butt cheeks, which is interesting because the exothe theologists are same not use my glutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah no.
Speaker 3: But Nick will like fly to the other side of the earth to be there for someone and often not mention it, like you kind of don't really make a fuss about those things. You just you'll quietly come in and help remove obstacles from people's lives or make their life better in some way. And you never just support from afar like you.
Speaker 1: Always are hands on.
Speaker 3: How can I help when shit is hard and when it's easy, like both times, you'll not shy away to I don't think any of your friends can say you wouldn't like take a bullet.
Speaker 1: For them, like testify.
Speaker 3: Yeah, likes he doesn't just love you in a really easy way. He's like when it's hard or when like the first week you guys are friends, he's like, I.
Speaker 1: Had a ride with you from Adelaide Ye would I like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You thought there could be a car following you as soon as I saw the map on you wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 4: No, and Nick did it out of like genuine protection out of it, which I didn't know any time. He was like I've done this before, and no he didn't like exactly you said.
Speaker 1: Nick doesn't make it a big deal even mentions it.
Speaker 4: It just does it, and then after the fact you're like, oh, he actually didn't do it to ride next to me. Did it to make sure that it was mentally supported throughout the whole thing, which is much more than just being like, oh, I want to come on a front trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you don't often say things like I'm there for you or whatever.
Speaker 6: You just do it.
Speaker 1: You'll just be you just turn up.
Speaker 3: And you're there for them, and then like years later they'll be like, oh my god, you're the only one who came and knew.
Speaker 1: That I just needed blah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I've obviously been around you and your friends enough to have heard them say that many times, and.
Speaker 5: That makes me really happy. The whole idea of paying it forward with that though, like it's a case of I think that most of the people that I've done that for I've done a lot of it. It's all about if you can make them do it for someone else. And that's the thing because I was helped a lot when I was younger, and I'm often helped a lot in I was given opportunities because people took a risk I was. I had a lot of people that were older than me that helped me out a lot of things. And I mean I traveled the world for sport on other people's dimes a lot of the time because I couldn't afford it. Yeah, So then I look at some of my friends and I see that that I helped, and I see them paying it forward, and I'm like, that's all the matter anyway. The second second, I think it's just how you like, what's that make hay? Why the sunshine? You know what I mean? Like that whole you would just go, you know what I'm going to do is I'm going to do all of this and like okay, sure, like you know when you just take full advantage of everything and without that sounding like you go you'll sit there and you just if you've got this little opportunity, you just make maximize everything you can out of it. And without not in a extrinsic way, more of an intrinsic way, like I want to get as much as I can out of this and help and young and for both. So people in the podcast, most of the people on the podcast, they're getting out just as much out of the talking and stuff like that than you are, Like you know what I mean, Like they're actually it's quite cathartic for a lot of people to actually feel like their voice is being heard as well. So I love that.
Speaker 1: My last one would be.
Speaker 3: I think that you've always been like so keen for an adventure, Like even when you're you've been at your most serious and your most like work is demanding this and this and this is me you'll just go fuck it, let's go to Egypt, like anymore. Yeah, but you'll embrace an adventure always and be like like, one of the things I think is the most important in terms of compatibility of someone is of two people, is there how they prioritize what you spend your money on in life, whether it's like experiences or things or houses or whatever. And we've never I've never had to convince you of the value of experiences together, We've both been like, while we're young and we could do this, Let's go to Africa, Let's go to Egypt, Like, let's you know, we've foregone other things that other couples might have prioritized, but we've never not had an adventure, We've never not made memories, and I've never had to convince you that that was valuable. And because of that, we've just seen so much cool stuff together and I think we will continue to always do that. And I think that's yeah, I love that about you.
Speaker 1: Last one, you bum cute, You're ass.
Speaker 5: They're getting there and they're not there at the moment.
Speaker 1: They are always they are always there. Oh my god, this okay, we finishing on your bum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 1: Happy Valentine's Day. Love all the people who you love, love them hard.
Speaker 3: We've got a really really exciting what Oh my god, what is the support that I'm getting over here? Love in Like, you don't just have to be in a relationship to enjoy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: Love all your loved ones.
Speaker 1: So that wasn't fun. That was very nice. So I think when Nick just everything.
Speaker 3: We are so excited to be having our first Valentine's Day, Pinot and Bikasa and Pals event this week. I think it will be on the same day as this episode comes out. No, yeah, on Thursday. Yeah, we're so excited and that sold out so quickly, so we're definitely going to come to all the other states at some point during the year. And hope you guys are all season your yay. Thanks Nikki for coming on, and thanks for modi yea.
Speaker 5: What Eating Eating, Hay Birthday and.
Speaker 1: Everyone every day
Speaker 5: M hm