Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello to all our little builders and their grown ups. Welcome to how to Build a Universe where stories build worlds. I'm Jen Muir, I'm a parent educator, mum to four, and my co host is Tomline, creative producer at Mama Maya, or as we like to call him, Chief of Fuck.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Can anybody hear me? Captain Tom requesting permission to land? Huh, I've found the studio.
Speaker 3: Hello, Chen, You wouldn't believe how many exciting destinations I've just had to search through to get back here. Today's story has trains, planes, cranes, and did.
Speaker 1: I say trains? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: Anyway, I've been everywhere man, all over the world, and it's lucky our little builders listening have the biggest imaginations.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm talking about you. For what it is worth.
Speaker 2: Permission to land granted, adventure.
Speaker 1: Captain Top. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for today's adventure, and I think it's a perfect theme to help our kids start to develop some skills in independent play. While we are now having a ball playing with the kids is really good for kids to start to play independently as well. Good for kids and good for parents. Let's be honest, as parents, we also have stuff to do. It's unrealistic for parents to be able to play twenty four to seven. And the good news is there are huge benefits to independent play. It's when kids play independently that the get really into that beautiful flow state, child led and really creative. This play is vital for development. In today's play, we are going to play with the kids, but when the audio wraps up, we will be encouraging the kids to head off with their very own adventure. It is going to be awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, O, yes, now adventure pants on Imagination activated.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I'll see you after this. Hello, my little friend.
Speaker 3: Today I'll be using a map to get us started for the adventure. It's quite dusty, so I'm just going to blow.
Speaker 1: Off some of the dust. I've swallowed the map. I've swallowed the bapo M.
Speaker 3: We clearly can't use that map now, but not to worry, because all we need today is your imagination.
Speaker 1: Adventurer waits. Today we're going to collect a shimmering pearl from Broom.
Speaker 3: Some magic sand from Fiji and a lava rock from.
Speaker 1: The middle of the Earth, which is.
Speaker 3: About eight thousand degrees down there. But don't worry, I've packed a fan. We will try in three different ways. Each treasure we pick up will give your imaginary playworld a special power.
Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 3: Firstly, we need to think of a mode of transport that floats up into the air. H What goes into the sky?
Speaker 1: A kite?
Speaker 3: Yes, they fly, But we need something that floats into the air that people can ride on too. What about a balloon? You know those helium balloons that you see at birthday parties. The helium makes them float up into the sky. But would that be strong enough to carry humans as well? Maybe you, but I'd.
Speaker 1: Be a bit too heavy. Oh.
Speaker 3: I know a hot air balloon, which is like a party balloon, but a lot bigger.
Speaker 1: They use burners to make the hot air, which helps the balloon float up. Oh, and the.
Speaker 3: Passengers are carried in a basket under the balloon. And guess what, there's one right in front of us now, So let's hop in.
Speaker 1: Take a big step forwards.
Speaker 3: That's it, right, We're in the basket ready to go, and we are floating up and away. This hot air balloon is moving nice and cruisy. We are heading to Broom, where the warm ocean sparkles.
Speaker 1: Fun fact.
Speaker 3: Broom is near the top of Australia in Western Australia. Look down, the forests of trees on the ground look like little pieces of broccoli.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, Broom.
Speaker 3: We've arrived and our first item to pick up is a shimmering pearl hiding in a shell. Broom is famous for her pearls, and they're very pretty. Indeed, some people like to wear them as jewelry. But this one has a special power just for you in your magical world. You can use it to light up dark places to help you find your way through anywhere. This pearl is sitting right on the sand in front of you. So let's lean down and pick up our pearl. We're going to put it in your adventure bag. Leaning down, pick it up with your hand.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's our first treasure. We've got two more to go. We've been up high. Now we're going to go somewhere fast. We're off to Fiji on a super speedy jet plane. Right the plane's getting ready to take off. We're getting faster. On the right way, Here we go. Oh, we're going so far that my back is pinned to the chair. The ground is going by so fast our shadow can't keep up.
Speaker 1: Wave Hello to that eagle over there, Mad, we've landed wool. That was quick because we are in Fiji. Did you know?
Speaker 3: Fiji is a country in the South Pacific Ocean, just to the right of Australia and above New Zealand. Can you fill that squeaky sand between your toes? Now? This Fiji sand is very special, indeed, because the grains sparkle like tiny stars. Put your hands out like you're scooping up handfuls of sand from the sandpit, just like the sandpit at kindy or when you've gone to the beach. This magic sand gives you the power of speed. So whenever you need to zoom, zoom zoom, just sprinkle it on your shoes and you'll be up mountains and whizzing across the sea. We're nearly at the finish line, so we have our shimmering pearl, our magic sand. But what if we could go somewhere no one's ever been before.
Speaker 1: Well, our third.
Speaker 3: Stop is a train to the center of the Earth to collect some glowing lava rocks. We're going down, down, down, just like a drill. This train is going to whip through tunnels, twisting round and round and round as we go through each layer of planet Earth to get to the center. Climb aboard our twisty super bullet underground train. It's getting warmer and brighter as we get closer to the center of the Earth. In fact, the Earth's core is very hot and mainly made of metal. It's a sphere, which means a circle shape, and we are here.
Speaker 1: Don't bind the lava near the train. Let me just test it with my finger. It's hot. It's hot, it's hot.
Speaker 3: Didn't need that pinky finger anyway. Look at all the glowing lava rocks, red, orange, even purple.
Speaker 1: This glowing lava rock will.
Speaker 3: Give you the power to transform into anything you want, a unicorn or maybe a lion, or transform into a transformerrunk. Now it's time to head back. Shall we send this train in reverse? Look at everything we've collected. Each treasure adds something special to your magical world that you can visit any time you like, just by closing your eyes and imagining. And the best part, it's always growing because you can add new treasures or new adventures anytime you want. Where would you like to go next to the top of an ice cream mountain or a rainbow planet in space where everything bounces. If you can imagine it, you can play with it until next time.
Speaker 1: Would you look at that, Jen? You know what's amazing.
Speaker 3: We didn't need to pack any special equipment or get any fancy tickets. All these incredible adventures came straight from our explorer zone magnificent minds, because when kids get the chance to dream up their own adventures, that's really when the special stuff begins.
Speaker 2: And I think I know where I might go next. Maybe a pool side villa somewhere in the Mediterranean. I can picture it now. I'll have a double espresso martini. Thank you, On Carlos, I'll be over there on my laune.
Speaker 3: Joane.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let's get back on. We need to get back on track.
Speaker 2: Here, focus, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to wrap. Okay, I'm sorry. Tom. Wherever you're going, remember, stories build universes.
Speaker 3: And your imagination is always ready for an adventure.
Speaker 1: See you next time. Builders.
Speaker 3: The executive producer of How to Build a Universe is Courtney Umenhauser, with story writing and sound designed by me Tom Lyon. Thanks for listening to today's episode of How to Build a Universe.
Speaker 1: We'd love to know what you thought of it.
Speaker 3: You can fill out our survey and go in the running to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There's a link in the show notes.