Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast. Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hi friends. Lee here Now, obviously I'm normally talking about shoes and bags, but not. A recent episode of You Beauty, Kelly brought the most game changing beauty bite. I immediately ran out and did it. Well, went there. You're gonna have to listen to know what it is. Sorry for the clickbait, but you want to know. But you want to know. It's a public service announcement to us. All makeup is my therapy love. I'm obsessed and I don't even feel jailty a body. Hello and welcome to You Beauty, the podcast for Your Face. I'm Lee Campbell and I'm Kelly McCarran and it is another question and answer episode, our second favorite. No, I shouldn't say no. We do love these I love being a little bit silly with them. Sometimes I feel like you make me do all the heavy lifting. Only joke I do, though, because I come in with the sillies. Yes, you do answer to UBI questions, so if you want to ask one, there is a myriad of ways. Our email is You Beauty Momama dot com, dot you boom. I don't know why. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's been seven years and some weeks. We still Goingong bing.
Speaker 1: Bong dms on Instagram, jump in the U Beauty community, of which there's eighty five thousand people in there helping each other with beauty stuff.
Speaker 2: But we love answering your questions. And the thing is, no question is silly. If you're thinking it, someone else would be as well.
Speaker 1: I agree, And if we don't like it, we just announcewer it. No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: It is if it's something as well that we've answered a million times. When I'm going to but we might point you in the direction of the pod.
Speaker 1: Yes. I often do that in my DMS. It's like, here's something I prepared earlier. I couldn't help, but wonder ask me anything. You ask many questions. So to kick us off today, Nicole has asked question, do you think it's appropriate to reapply your lipstick at your desk at work with a little handheld mirror or do I look totally vain and high maintenance. I work in an open plan, pretty standard office. It's not the Mum of Me office though, where I'm sure anything goes that is putting it lightly, Kelly, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I just thought, like my initial reaction is quite cranky at anyone that would judge her for anything, and.
Speaker 1: I hate that she feels self conscious about that.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you want at your desk, bar like, don't do anything illegal or masturbate.
Speaker 1: I lolled when I saw that in the school.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, don't masturbate at your desk because or even like at work in general, like in the bathrooms, not some people need to.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could go down to their car if they park their car.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, anyway, don't do that. But tell anyone who says anything to you that they might want to check their own reflection. And after they do and say, oh, there wasn't anything, you go, oops, my bad. I guess that's just your face. Oh wow, I like that comes straight in swooping in with a.
Speaker 1: Snark, Nicole. I totally understand you being self conscious about this. I kind of get it, but you're right. I've only ever worked in very female, heavy creative officers where lially, if there is a pilot, if someone was masturbating at their desk, you'd be like, that is for an article. Okay, well not quite, but you do want people's computers and there's still does on them, and then there's still do deliveries. But most places don't work like that. Look, I think that you should own it. I think you look confident and self assured if you just get it out, top it up and put it away. I think it's beautiful. I love maching women do their lipstick. Yeah it. I just think let's normalize it. Yeah, and got there somehow.
Speaker 2: You've written that you get it because it's like people doing it on the bus, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I disagree. No, That's what I was going to say, is like I feel like everyone has a line. Like when I used to catch the bus when I was a wee little child from out where I'm from. It was an hour and a half bus and so most people would fall asleep, but some women were sit there with their full beauty bag, and which I understood because you had to get up at the crack of don't want to get into the city in time. But it felt quite intimate for me. Now I'm a you know, working mother, juggle juggle, I so get it.
Speaker 2: I just think it's a bit gross when the powder's flying around everywhere. Yeah, but I used to do it too. I just think own it.
Speaker 1: But if you do feel self conscious about it, then I would have just like a little pack with your little mirror, your lipstick, you lip lineup, put it in a cute little thing, grab it and take it to the bathroom. All the men will think you've got your period and it's a tampon, and they'll never ask another question. But my main question is I'd like to know what lipstick you're wearing, because maybe we could give you a longer wearing lipstick if that's your jam. I've got some recommendations because it's definitely not my jam. I very rarely wear lipstick, and if I do, it's not a long wearing one. But I went deep. I went deep into my dms, both my like WhatsApp girlfriends who wear lip I went on to Reddit because you taught me how to do that, and I have three recommendations for you. These were both everywhere from friends and on the internet. The Urban Decay vice lip bond. It's forty six dollars. It says bonded color that won't let go, so it's like a liquid lip. I feel like a lot of the newer ones, like I'm from the days of Cover Girl that duel ended. That was like putting on like literally like colored concrete. And then it had a gloss that you would keep chopping up because it was so drying. Something that lasts a long time isn't going to be super hydrating. But I think the formulas have changed a lot, So that was really really popular everywhere I asked. Another really popular one was and also just side note, there's so many variants of these lipsticks, like there's inky something something anyway, this one is the Maybeline super State Matte Ink Liquid lipstick, so again it's kind of applies like a gloss. Nineteen ninety nine that was hugely popular. And the last one was the Revlon Color State Satin Ink lip color. So they've got a lot of variants, but these are what most people loved. Anyway, Maybe try a different lipstick, own it, or have a little pack in your bag.
Speaker 2: Can you read out the note that you've put down the bottom, because I think that it needs to be said.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay, so generally my rule of some but I'm quite prudish with these things because I'm old, maybe like, no know, this is just common hygienev it work, Like you'll get changed in front of lots of people, I'll go to the bathroom. Like, that's not my point, it's my rule of thumby. I don't care about. Is it usually done in private? No, if you're me getting changed, and everyone's got a spectrum for that. But if it's usually done in private, obviously, like teeth flossing, I don't think we should. No, don't cut your toenails or on public transport. Oh god, No. That's such a good.
Speaker 2: Point though, that everyone's barometer is so different, because I don't think twice about taking my clothes off in front of people.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean fly either.
Speaker 2: But for some people that will be the same as cutting toenails, yes, and which for me, I'm like, don't you ever cut? Like even if I can heal it, doing it in the Bathroom'm like, that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I don't want to believe everywhere now he does it over the toilet. And for example, like I sat near a woman on a flight once and she was painting her nails and I was like, that smells too much. But often I'm going to because I'm so rushed all the time. If I'm going to lunch with my girlfriends and I've just got new like yucky nails. I'll chuck my nail hardener in and then do it when we get to the table and they think that's bad. That is bad.
Speaker 2: It's gross, but not as gross as filing in oils. I've got a multitask, but you don't. You could have just not done it. Okay, no one's looking at your fingers that closely.
Speaker 1: I am, and I need to do it now.
Speaker 2: If you got any so Tamra has asked. Hi kelling Lee, thanks for all your pods and generous content. Question for you, if I may, can you please recommend an at home treatmental product I can use to improve the look of skin on my back. I'm off to a ball soon and I'm wearing a backless gown and i just realized my post menopausal.
Speaker 1: Back looks like a shriveled up ball sack. Thanks heaps, Tamra. I think Tamra's a regular. Sounds so fun we talk like that, Tama. This is an interesting timing for this because I am mostly of the opinion that it's behind me, so it's none of my business. Like the back of my hair, don't care because I can't see it. I love that. None of my business. I can't see it, none of my business. Up until recently, I was like, eh, sorry, back, how you get what you get? But I fell over quite a little while ago now, and I had quite a bad scratch and you know, down my back, and I've been obviously trying to heal that. So I've been, you know, turning around the mirror going oh my gosh. And then I was like, oh, I'm so sorry, back, like you are disgusting. It's just dry hairy, not that I'm gonna get rir the hair hairy, you know, like just fuzzy. I'm not gonna get rid of that. There was some black heads, but I can't get there. Not everyone can get there. But because does you just scratch down my back, I've been using just side note that works. There is one hundred percent lanel and like it's so thick, like way thicker than the lane lip stuff that you buy at the pharmacy. The pharmacists told me to use it. He's a little cue tip and I can reach it and then pj'son because its super juicy. But while I was there, I was like, okay, back, well, you deserve some love. So what I've been doing is any moist to spray will do. Because I bought one when I was in London last It's called the Curl Deep Moist Just Spray. It's phenomenal. My girlfriend that I was staying with, she's from America, but when she moved to London, the water is so different and so hard, she gets really bad crisis and dematitis and just irritation. She got me onto that. But you can buy it here, but it's fifty bucks if you buy it online, so that's a lot. But lots of brands have moisture sprays, and I'm saying a sprayed because you can just go I reckon your backs probably need of some exfoliation, like mine desperately was. You know the Bioderma body oil. It's the dry body oil, the added dirm two in one dry body oil, so it's hydrating, it dries down so it's not sticky, but it's also got chemical exfoliance in it's a little month away. I've also been using that. The joy of that is it's an oil, so I kind of just like shake heat on the top of my back and then just kind of like schmudge it. Another fantastic one is Paula's Choice Skin Revealing Body lotion, and it says that it is going to gently remove built up layers of dead skin, revealing smooth, softer skin from the neck down. So it's not for the face. So if you're flexible enough or you've got long arms. I do actually have really long arms, so I can reach everywhere. But you know what you can use. So Bondai Sands does it. A lot of brands do it. It's like a tanning mit, but it's not a stick. Yeah, why anything you want on it? Does it just have to be tanned? No, you just literally put your oil, your scrub, your moisturizer and just go, you mean, all the way home. But be patient because that poor backskins Like thanks, like you're gonna have to finally Yeah, fine it more than once? Please?
Speaker 2: Yes you could also, so I definitely think start exfoliating because the area is quite often neglected. I would start once a week with a granulous scrub and he will do. The Epsen one is great. It's sixteen dollars and it's just like really granulo. So I just feel like it's getting in there.
Speaker 1: And do it. I would do it before you get in the shower, so it's not diluted at all. Exactly. Get your partner or your friend or maybe in your neighbor.
Speaker 2: Then I would actually start using an exfoliating body spray or a couple of times a week. Now, the sprays are great because you don't need to be flexible, and it's just so easy.
Speaker 1: Always just raising antibacterial.
Speaker 2: Turn it's not antibacterial. It's actually chemical exfoliance. So they're designed the reason why you probably thought it was antibacteria. A lot of them are designed and marketed towards people with backni yeah, like post gym vibes or yeah, just like I've got buttony or backne. Great, use this, but it's not just helping regenerate skin in terms of acne, like it's just helping AHHA's and Becha's, which are chemical exfoliants, are helping regenerate your skin in general totally. So it's going to just improve the texture and the look of your skin.
Speaker 1: You know, if everyone wants top body skin in top shape, I would use one once a week. I don't because I'm lazy, but ideally.
Speaker 2: You would, and they're just so easy and there are so many. So Synergy Skin have got a great one forty dollars. TBH skin Care they've got a new body Sprits twenty nine ninety five, Frank Body twenty six dollars, had no idea. Our friends Paula's choice. They've got the clear exfoliating body Spray forty six dollars, and then Murid have a clarifying one it's seventy four dollars.
Speaker 1: Luke and I both love that product, though don't share with Luke that's expensive. I know.
Speaker 2: Then mix a body oil. It doesn't have to be expensive, Like I always bang on about the I Herb sweet almond oil that I then just mix with My.
Speaker 1: Feed has also got a really good body oil I rediscovered lately. I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: And you just mix in with your normal body lotion or body cream and applied and it just makes your skin extra nourished. Finally, the night of the event of the ball, we want to see a photo.
Speaker 1: Please. You also need to know the color of the dress, because this is where I stopped because I didn't know if I recommend han or like glowy stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, regardless of what you choose, I would apply I don't think you wear a.
Speaker 1: White dress to a ball and you normally save it for your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yet someone to help you apply a beautiful body oil with humor in it on the night, because that will just make your skin look glorious.
Speaker 1: You know what I do sometimes as well. It's the l effect. It's like body foundation. It's so pigmented. I mix a little bit of the El Effect, which is l Ferguson, the very famous Australian content creator, with like a juicy body lotion, and it gives you like a wash of color and coverage, but doesn't because it's almost not like coverage foundation. Well, yeah, I water it down so that it's not because I've tried it like straight up on my creepy pigmentation here, and it hides the pigmentation. But then it's like it looks dry. Juice it up. Ah, that's a good tea. I love it. I love it. I love it. I've already I've made a pre mixed version in a tub so that I'm like, oh gosh, I love it. When you get your science experiments, I just like mixing things. I'm so jealous. Yeah, So today I.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about atomica which is a brand new store concept, not brand new. It's been around for about a year. But I hadn't been to one of the stores, so I didn't truly get it. Like I read about it and there was a store in castle Hill that I'm from.
Speaker 1: There is a store in castle Hill. Sorry not there was in the tower.
Speaker 2: I think in the towers, in the towers, the towers you're from South.
Speaker 1: I have, Yeah, I've lived everywhere in Sydney. I lived in castle Hill for a while, so I don't know where it is. Do not hold me to that towers. But there are now.
Speaker 2: Six atomicas, so if you live new one, there's one in Western Australia in Perth, there's one in Sydney, and then there's four in Melbourne. So just look if you can one, because you've got to go in there to truly understand how magical it is.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it. I didn't understand the concept. I don't know what it is either because I was like, is it a mecca or is it like a w Cosmetics Asian beauty store. It is a blend of all of the best things about our favorite beauty stores in one So a tamaka is a side brand, a sister brand, two price lines so you can use your sister club card. They've generally got like sales, the same products but so fancy, except the prices aren't fancy. So do you have some more heightened products and brands there. But you walk in and you feel like you're in a Sophora or a mecha like. There are testers. It's luxe vibes.
Speaker 2: It's very lux there's a lot of space. There are testers for every single.
Speaker 1: Isn't sex in America, but you know they're good pharmacies where it's huge.
Speaker 2: And this is way better. It's not even pharmacy vibes. It's just a beauty store. So it's very different to Priceline. There's no medication, there's no medical product. It's all just beauty. And some of the brands are the same that are at Priceline. But then there are some brands that are exclusive to Atomica in Australia, and then brands like you're never going to find, like turtor all of the testers. The mix of everything, it's literally a mix of everything because there's full K, Beauty, Jay Beauty, all of these really cool brands and some of which you can't find anywhere else but online. Now you can go actually play with the products in store. So impressed, We'll go to Castletowns is probably closer for you.
Speaker 1: Closer, Yeah, I guess, yeah, I'll come with you. I want to go see the Castle Towers fue. It's just so cool.
Speaker 2: Everything's so inclusive, accessible, affordable, but you feel.
Speaker 1: Like your luxury shop. I'm absolutely going. I love it. Okay, we're going on a date because it's a tkmaxa Castle Hill as well. Anyone fun if anyone's not from Sydney. It's a suburban Sydney. It's quite specific, but that's where I'm from. Okay, well mine's nowhere near as exciting. But because I'm the mcgiver of beauty, as we know that, I like to just invent things, usually out of desperation because I've lost things, broken things, you know me, can't find them? Well that's lost. Yeah, ah my bags, because I've lost things. Yeah, like you can't find someone like I can't find this, Well, where did you last see it? Oh? Oh thanks, I didn't think of looking. Thank you so much. I have very gray roots, very quickly, as many long term mubies will know. That's why I've gone like pretty much fully black as I just whack my hair color on. No, it's not fully black. It's so chocolate. It's beautiful. That's because I just did my own DIY little highlights. It's throwing a bit of warmth. But anyway, did my roots two nights ago, thank god. But before that, I was like, well, where are my roots? Bra? It's where my root powders? You couldn't find anything. Well, there somewhere.
Speaker 2: I need someone to buy them in back up, so I don't yep, you there're somewhere.
Speaker 1: I recently did a clean out and some of the powders were leaking, so when you threw those ones out. But anyway, if you have dark hair, sorry, might wear for worms, I wouldn't know. But if you have dark hair, go to your shadow palettes, choose the browns. Really pretty Revolution Beauty. I can't help, but I just love this brand. Was that it you were Amorica, it would be because it was you're a Morica Atomica. Oh that thing there was sore testers for everything Revolution Beauty. If you are a brunette shade, if I would say anything from sort of a light brown to black, and you've got eyeshadow. You've probably got one of those comings because all shadows are nude. So I just grabbed this palette. Of course, all my palettes that I have, which I also cleaned out recently, and basically that one's quite fun. It's got a pink in there, it's got two people. I haven't touched it. Yeah, you just get that, and then i'd get just like a chubby short brush like oftentimes not a concealer brush, but it's one of those weird small face buffing brushes and I don't know how. Maybe it's a contool brush. So good genius. I know makeup can be used in so many different ways. I'm going to use it to draw.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to try and I will report back. I will use like a really light like you could maybe use.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking. That is, like, to be honest, I should have gone from a Mata one, but it totally works. But now I'm until I well, I'm going to buy more Root cover up because I'm just gonna use on my shirt.
Speaker 2: It's You're absolutely going to buy a new route cover because it's got a job to try different things. All right, I'm going to try this quickly. Okay, I'm just mixing two of the lighter shades because I want to see and that's.
Speaker 1: The revolution beauty forever, flawless eyes, shadow paler. I don't know if you can still get it. Oh okay, you need a brush using your fingers and it just has like put powder in my hair without Yeah, okay, okay, we're not getting done. Yeah, I know you need to load the brush. And if you're like me and you've got like dark hair and a straight part, just make sure that you do like each side separately, or use a q tit with some my cellar water to then bring your part back if you've used to spray. I love your little hacks to just such a clever cookie. On that note, so hate leaving you, I know.
Speaker 2: But we'll be back in your ears and eyes very soon. You can fde us on Instagram, TikTok YouTube.
Speaker 1: At our homes, but hopefully you don't know where we live. That'd be a bit stranger. But I might see you guys at a couple. Yeah, we're all going to go all of the Sydney ubi's let's all meet. Oh my gosh, let's have a group of excosion. Oh my god. Okay, so we're going to meet at Castle Towers down near Target.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really far. Actually, I don't know the story. We need to figure out with the stories. Then we're gonna organize big meetings.
Speaker 1: That's the good end, because Target came out of together the other like the piazza is dead. Now Okay, thanks for watching, thanks for listening, and see you soon. Bye.