Speaker 1: From Mama Mia.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Spill, your daily pop culture fixed. I'm Laura Bradwick and I'm Tina Burke and coming up on the show today. A great weekend for nerds and people who like hot men wearing tight costumes.
Speaker 1: And baby, that's me and that's us in this room. Completely summed up in one sentence, I.
Speaker 2: Think I sent you like forty five messages over the course of the weekend. So yeah, and I was I was enjoying your socials. I was enjoying your messages. I knew you were having a giddy time. And that is because Comic Con the big kind of well it was a fan convention. Now it's sort of moved more into like a big marketing release moment. But we got some updates on all of the big blockbusters that are coming out. Stay tuned for that. It'll also be a lot of hot men in tight costumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: And that's that's walk home on the Spill any day. Also, after all the height and the backlash and the conspiracy theories Megan Markle's episode of Master Chef, and on the weekend, we're going to go through what if any of the rumors were true? About her like scenes having to be cut, her having a bad relationship with the other judges. There's also some moments that have gone a bit viral that we have to talk about. One of them does include Prince Harry. But first, we had some romantic wedding news over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, the wedding of one miss Emma Roberts.
Speaker 2: I actually was really invested in this one because I love her style. She's a very cu style with her home and what she chooses to wear, and like the books she reads. But also because she's grown up on our screens. Yes, we've seen her in Aquamarine a Wild Child.
Speaker 1: It's just such a good movie and it holds up so well.
Speaker 2: And I will hear no I will hear no ill words about Emma Roberts is acting after that performance. But obviously now she's gone to be in like. She's been a lot of rom coms and like and most notably in the American horror story at Universe, and she is filming for the Coven new season now, which kind of tied into her wedding dresses, which I loved. So Emma Roberts married actor Cody John Sure, he's lovely.
Speaker 1: I don't really know much about him. Every time someone says he's an actor, I'm like, okay, well I think he's here. I believe it. I've just know he is an actor.
Speaker 2: He's just not an actor like like he's been in movies and TV shows. I just imagine all the Cody John fans out there or twenty of them being like, how dare you? And I'm like, I'm sorry, I just don't know. Just think of all the obscure men that you love and hardly that you would be if someone disrespected one of your lovers.
Speaker 1: Even more obscure if I still have him.
Speaker 2: Every time his name is she's not Emma Roberts famous and that's okay again, she's famous since she was ten years old. So they married at a private residence in Idaho, according to Vogue, from all the drone cameras that were there by paparazzi and released information, which I did feel bad for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was almost just as.
Speaker 2: Bad as Gabriette and Mattie Healy's wedding, where it looked like that was having I would say worse because the quality of the footage. I'm like, how close was this drone? Well? When I saw the photos drop yesterday and I was like, oh, my goodness, Emma's job.
Speaker 1: She's released her wedding photos.
Speaker 2: And then I released no, she has not released them as far as until she was Obviously she had done the Vogue like final dress fitting video series and article which a lot of big celebs do, where Vogue comes with them to their very final dress fitting. Takes all these beautifully staged like behind the scenes videos and photos, interviews the bride, the designers, the people they have with them. But it's all very like chic behind the scenes, and obviously that's meant to be the big dress reveal. But because of how close paparazzi you can get now to outdoor weddings for celebrities and drones, it looked like they literally were having their first kiss while a drone like hovered over the top of them. Yeah, it was very invasive, like the quality, the criss quality of that imagery. I was like, oh, so you were really close and people are being really nasty about her dress in the comments. Well, obviously, because I think sometimes a grainy drone footage is not going to show the full like movement of the dress or the style, and this dress had like five different ways it could be styled. Yes, so it did laugh at the headlines that were like convertible wedding dress. It was a convertible wedding dress, ye, like in the in the sheakest way possible. So she had her dresses made by Monique Luliere, who hadn't heard that name for a while.
Speaker 1: Lot of my favorite red carpet gowns.
Speaker 2: Yes, still, but I feel like when I was kind of just like dipping my toe in celebrity culture, and you would like via all the tabloid magazines back in the early two thousands. Yes, Mini did every celeb wedding dress and all the red carpet dresses. I know she still does, but I haven't seen a lab choose her for a wedding dress. So that was really cute. So a lot of people, First of all, the dress was like I'm really bad at fashion, guys. A buckle of a very kind of structured almost corset, but with drapy material across it, A full skirt again, lots of drapery, a long chill veil, like very long, and when people talk about the different ways it could be styled, it had a detachable shawl, so it had it looked like her thick piece of fabric as making almost like a one shoulder gown that she took off. And it also could be bustled up at the back, which can I say someone who's been a bridesmaid many times having a dress that's easy to bustle for a bride. It's honestly, because when else do you go to bustle of there's something like it, Like you're trying to go in for the first dance and the bride's yellow at you to bustle her dress and you're like, I can't get these little clips to clip.
Speaker 1: Maybe that doesn't happen and your designer is Moniquelula, maybe not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was like a nice silk chiffons. It was very like drapy, very yeah. I would almost say like Greek gottessy. It was great, gotta well, it's interesting not in color. In the people were being really nasty about the color and saying that it really washed her out and it just kind of made her look very dull, and people were calling it a dishwater color, which I thought was very offensive because me too, it was actually meant to look almost like tea stained is how she worked with the designer so that it wouldn't be like she didn't want white white or cream, so it's like tea stained. And then she said, I kind of this is Emma Roberts Bride, quoting what she requested for her wedding dress. And she said, I kind of wanted to look like a ghost, a little antique ghost doll.
Speaker 1: And she did.
Speaker 2: And I would say she did, I'd say she that look. I think they called the color like antique rose, and they like she did look like a very old school bright and a little bit ghosts. And I feel like that's very with her, like aesthetic, because she did one of my favorite architectural dietists tours of all time.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? I have her home.
Speaker 2: Looks like it would like you wouldn't want to stay in there once the sun goes down, like gorgeous cozy.
Speaker 1: I think you would want to stay there.
Speaker 2: No, I would love to see the ghosts, which I know live in that place. But she had it redecorated. And she's got this crazy doll collection. Yeah, all these antique dolls that definitely look like they come alive at night and watch she's sleep and all these kind of like weird drapery. She's even got every electrical cord coated in fabric, which is just just a real seems like a fire has, but it's more so the creepy doles in every row, creepy do and she has. This wasn't part of the tour, but I clocked it with and I did a phreeze frame. She has a manifestation board and there's just a big picture of her in the middle of it, looking gorgeous. I just think that's the She's like, here's me looking beautiful manifest It was like, yeah, yeah, dreaming what else could she possibly?
Speaker 1: What else could you want?
Speaker 2: And also like her whole like I want to be an antique ghosty doll. Thing worked because she had like her veil had a lace thing that came down over her face and it was kind of like a mask. Okay, people came and it was a bit Batman coded, but I loved it. I think they called it a voil in Vogue, but I'm just going to call it where you called it, which is a little sea through it almost not one of those little you know how some people when they get married they have those little like a bird cage veil or something like that, like just a little short veil that just covers their eyes.
Speaker 1: Hers wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It did look like a fabric sea through mask that she wore, and then it was designed she pushed up like a headband when she got to the high ail, but she would great. But she did walk down the aisle looking like an antique doll wearing a mask. Yeah, and that's amazing, and that was her vision. And what I'll say on that is we obviously talked about Gabriete's wedding the other week, like I like a bride who knows her style. I like a bride who wears something that is very her. Whether or not I like it, I don't really care, it's no matter. Yeah, when, as we said before, like when you get to wear beautiful gowns a lot for your job picking your wedding dresses, about showing your actual style. And she said in the Vogue piece, She's like, this is weird because I've gotten married in movies before, Like she's done a few big wedding movies actually, where she said she's tried on so many wedding dresses and been fitted for them for her character, but this felt so different, Like what would her actual wedding dress look like be? Like, yeah, and she was engaged to Garrett Headland, right, yeah, engaged, So she's probably been thinking about this for she was engaged to Garrett Headline and she was engaged to Evan Peters, her American Horror Story co star. I remember her telling because obviously Julia Roberts is her aunt. Yes, also featured in the drone footage. Oh my god, the drones were loving Julia. Yeah, like what other book can we capture? I remember when she got engaged to Evan. There's like paparazzi caught her like going up to her aunt Julia at an event and saying like, oh hi, like you know, nice to see you, and Julia being like, is your fiance here? I want to meet him? And Emma's like, yeah, go grab him. So like obviously he'd be kind of kept a little bit separate from the family because she and his aunt are really close. She's grown up in the public eye. Yeah, she's had a lot of very public family drama with her dad, not with talking rabbits, and so she's been through that whole situation. And so I do love that now she's having this big romantic wedding and it just looked super fun.
Speaker 1: They had the Idaho location.
Speaker 2: Julia Roberts was there looking tierry in the crowd with her husband Danny Ruder. Yeah, watching her get married. There's photos of all of the bridal party and all of the guests. They did the rehearsal dinner and then they went bar hopping all night, and there's just photos of Emma like walking the streets in the.
Speaker 1: Dress of Idaho.
Speaker 2: This is a white dress with a cigarette cigarette her hand the whole time.
Speaker 1: It just looks like a fun time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and look not to bring up Taylor Swift all the time, but I'm going through right now because once again I think this proves why she did what she did. You don't have to like the MSG thing, you don't have to like the dua lipa palace thing. But there's a reason some selibs get married in secret locations or in locations that are completely like hidden and under wraps. Because Emma Roberts went to Idaho and yet we have private, private, proper residence and there were not a lot I can't see it. But apart from Julia Roberts, I can't see another big celeb there unless they just quieted me. It was a really just like their family and friends who aren't in show business, and it was still like the sky was covered in Jones and the photos were released before they even got to the reception exactly, so we see why it happens. But Emma, congrats to you, and you looked like a beautiful little ghost dole. That's important. As teased earlier, this was a great weekend for nerds such as myself and also just people who like hot people, which is also me and I think a little bit you you know, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Love hot people.
Speaker 2: What we say hot people, we should say like obviously physically hot, but like not every physically hot person comes across on screen. You've got to have the hot charisma. They've got to have the riz. As the kids would say.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of dull hot people out in the world, and most of them go.
Speaker 2: To Hollywood and most of them do and sony of them, who cares. But the nerdy ones are usually the good ones. Yeah, and all of the best nerds were at Comic Con in Sandy this past weekend, where there were a lot of things happening. There's a lot to get through, but we're just going to focus on the big ones. But there was even things like so Blade Runner twenty ninety nine with Hunter Schaefer, that was tease that's coming out on Prime later this year. There was an activation with Johnny Depp for Ebonizer. I don't care about that personally. Yeah, when ebone is a time we won't have to get into a d that's.
Speaker 1: Going to be another time. Yeah, not today. I have much to say, much to say on that, much to say that, much to say. Not now.
Speaker 2: There was a Twilight panel shout out to them, those are my faves, and that was just like a throwback panel, throwback for them. Well, actually I really like that because I saw some people online getting upset that they thought it's something new was going to be announced. But like old school common con was just watching the stars of your favorite TV shows come back together for panels, being able to get photos with them, get your merch signed, and so I like that old school side of it where they're just like, we're just here to talk about a movie franchise you guys love. And I think still the San Diego one especially is very much like as the og the biggest, like the one where you go to be a fan you know, yeah says announcements. Yes, it's used for marketing, but as you said, it's also where like a lot of the very best for like fan photos come out when you see people all dressed up and they've made there's been hours making a costume.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: I love their whole shows, comics or whatever it is. So it's it's really exciting in that sense. And I would have been at that twilight would you could for hours? And then we also got a glimpse of Yaga, which is the series that Hudson Williams is starting.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I like him obviously, but I like the premise. Yes, And so it also starts Noah read from Shit's Creek. It's another Crave Canada production, but it's a bit more spooky, a bit more supernatural. It's all very what's happening there. So there were some small exciting things. One thing you'll love the rookie castu.
Speaker 1: I did, how dare you bring that up?
Speaker 2: That's my secret shame it's not secrets podcast so many time.
Speaker 1: It's why it's such a popular show. It's very popular.
Speaker 2: I want to get it, so I I don't understand why I feel weird about like being I'm like literally a super fan.
Speaker 1: You're a super fan. You would have been front, front and center.
Speaker 2: Because I don't like to meet the stars with my show, so I would have beat outside.
Speaker 1: I'll take the Nathan philly and Chawity, Yeah, because of it.
Speaker 2: I started watching it for Nathan Phillyan. But the thing about the rookie is it's it's a TikTok success story ultimately, which is one of the best things I think TikTok has ever given the world is that I think it was like, it was quite popular when it came out, but it was really just marketed it as like Nathan Fillian's and older cop. I mean once like he's in his early forties, but he's in his late forties. Yeah, who like becomes a police officer in LA and you're like, oh, that's fine. But it's actually this like sprawling, big world with all these characters, and it's so like hokey and silly. But it has the best love story I've seen on TV in many years. It's between Lucy and Tim.
Speaker 1: We can't the whole. I don't want to spoiler for anyone, but it's a whole. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but their love story has been like the anchor through all of their seasons, So yeah, I'm anyway. It blow up on TikTok with people sharing how funny and sexy seen.
Speaker 1: So much of this show on TikTok. Yeah, and how little actual police work that they do.
Speaker 2: But that's great because that's what you want, like an old school yeah episode.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. Sometimes they're pulling up someone for speeding.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they're going undercover internationally to take down and undercover drug cartel and those things. Those jobs can exist on the same day exactly. And season eight left off on a cliffhanger, and so yeah, Comic Con they were like season nine cliffhanger.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Season nine is going to pick back up. It's also exciting. Yeah, so that's huge for you.
Speaker 2: But then they also tease they've got a spinoff coming, which is the Rookie North. No.
Speaker 1: I don't care they've had before. I don't care about Jay Ellis we like him? Yeah? No, No, I do, I do like him. I haven't.
Speaker 2: I've loved a lot of people in Nissa nash Bets did a Rookie spin off.
Speaker 1: The Rookie World, The Rookie.
Speaker 2: But like, the only thing that's working for me, it's kind of like The Walking Dead. The only thing that worked for me is the ogg Dead. Me and my Rookie fans us was excited by the comic con appearance. But we have a few more things to actually get into that were like big announcements, huge casts, like big reveals. One of the biggest and this is not my personal bias, but one of the biggest from the weekend and the Cidney Morning Herald actually wrote about being there and like that. The biggest thing to come out of it was the excitement for this film was Space Bulls too. Yeah, So for anyone who doesn't know, Space Balls came out in nineteen eighty seven, and it was originally like a parody mostly of Star Wars, and it starred the love of my life Bill Fullman. Yeah, of course yes, And it was also like it was written and directed by Mel Brooks, and it primarily was like a parody of Star Wars, but also other things and a lot of the original cast are coming back.
Speaker 1: Sadly.
Speaker 2: John Candy obviously has passed away, but a lot of the original cast coming back for Space Bulls too, along with new cast. So the way this movie came about because it's been decades and in the original film they teas that like there'd be a sequel, and there never was because wasn't the one of the big stars, Rick Morana, who he was a really big comedy star in the nineties. Right, I remember Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, classic classic, Yeah, Honey, I shrunk ass.
Speaker 1: So was the second one? Is that a second one? I think?
Speaker 2: So where the adult shrink necks, where the adults shrink themselves. Yeah, got honey, I Shrink the Kids. If you haven't seen that, that's such a good classic movie. Yeah, and you'll never look at ants the same way again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was in like a lot of big nineties like bookbusters and comedies, but I believe his wife passed away and so he just completely stepped away from Hollywood decades to decades to raise his kids and like really be there for them as a single dad. And then now he's coming back to be in this beloved movie and it fills me with so much joy. And so he was like the big reveal. So he sat in the crowd. So his character is like the parody of Darth fade off, and so he had a big helmet on and it was like they were scouring the crowd to try to find him, and then they did, and it was like the biggest cheer apparently of the entire experience of Comic Con. And he came up on stage and Yeah, he was like, this was the right moment to come back to Hollywood. This was the thing that was going to get me back in, especially because he's got all of his other co stars like Bill Pullman, Daphne's and Niger mel Brooks and George Wyner all coming back. So like he's surrounded by people who he loves and who he's worked with a lot before. But the reason I obviously care so much about this is also the additional cast. So Josh Gadd is in Olaf from Frozen and other things. I can't believe, Josh, dad Roll, you just picked. How is it not the Josh gadd role to pick? What are you picking?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think he's been in a lot of stuff, right, Nah.
Speaker 1: He's been just so much.
Speaker 2: But I do think of him now just exclusively as the little Snowman from Frozen, but he pitched and wrote an idea and sent it to mel Brooks and was like, we need to do Spaceballs too, Why did you never do it? And begged him to make this movie. So that's how it's all come about. But so Josh gadd is starring. But so are Kiki Palma my faith our favorite girl, our favor, our favor of this pod. Yes, and Lewis Pullman your fav I like Lewis Pullman too, but I don't have the I'm going to say slightly intense, problematic attachment that you have to Lois Pullman. Yeah, like you're You're not you're just a fair You're like in deep in.
Speaker 1: Love with him.
Speaker 2: I love him so much it's crazy, like it's a problem. I also love his dad. I've discussed on this pod many times, so it's so weird to be so equally in love with the dad and son combo. I saw a TikTok the other day and it was like someone had taken the part of While you Were Sleeping where she says I'm in love with your son, and they'd put that and then it was a thirst edit of Lewis was and for me that person knew I wasn't smart enough to think of making it myself, but someone did and I thank them for this. So Bill wasn't there much to my dismay, but Lewis was. And one thing I love is like Lewis and Bill are both obsessed with Kiki Parmer, like you and me. Yeah, so like they're like like every good being, like every good human being should be. So like a lot of their press around Spaceballs, too, has just revolved around loving Kiki Palmer.
Speaker 1: As you should.
Speaker 2: But there was a really cute memo wirre Bill sort of sent in a letter and Lewis read it out to everybody. But one one thing I did love was Lewis basically admitting that because his dad was in this movie, he thought this was the original. So then when he watched Star Wars, he was like, why did they remake Spaceballs? Like he was like, well, this is garbage. Why isn't it as funny? That's because his dad was in the original, which is Spaceball him.
Speaker 1: But I also just.
Speaker 2: Think that's just not giving your child a proper education. So I'm a little disappointed in Bill for that.
Speaker 1: Ah, well not me. That's bad parenting.
Speaker 2: But from one boyfriend to another. My other internet boyfriend, Jamie Campbell Bauer was also there for Lord of the Rings on Prime. So he is joining season three of the Lord of the Rings. I guess we call it a prequel. Yeah, it's a prequel series. Yeah, yeah, to me, it's not because like I think like the Hobbit, et cetera. Like I'm just like they're all their own things. But it is a prequel series too, Lord of the Rings. And so Jamie Campbell Bauer has joined the cast. And I think that man was born to plan elf. Yeah, he does like an elf who's just been like passing as a human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last couple of years.
Speaker 2: And he's never aged either, so that now he's just being himself. Yeah, and now he's just playing himself. And I will say you and I spoke about things we need to read before we die in a fiery plane crushed a couple of weeks ago, episode episode that was, and we were talking about Akata. And because of that, I have since read the first three books of the Akatar series.
Speaker 1: I read them all in a week. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Last before conversations, Spiller, send me a d This is why I haven't picked.
Speaker 1: I have those books in my home. Yeah, what happened to me? Read them in one go?
Speaker 2: I knew I had to put myself on a time out last night so that I could sleep. I was like, you can't read the fourth until we've recorded the s This is what I do with the book series. Okay, this is just me. No one else has to listen to this Billit a note to the producers to please it soon. Just give me a week off, give us a week take please read some just to read these books.
Speaker 1: Yes, because we've got it.
Speaker 2: But point being, now that he's going to play an elf in Laud's Rings, I also have a lot of stuff to work with visually. Now when I'm reading a Kata, I'm picturing him is Tamlin. So that's just something that me and our producer Brie have been thinking about and it's just really exciting for me.
Speaker 1: I don't have a stance on that. No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: But one thing I did think it was interesting is he got asked about Stranger Things, oh and asked about conformity Gate. Do you remember how when Stranger Things ended, fans thought, I it's all.
Speaker 1: About conformity Gate. Like I'm a Cross.
Speaker 2: I was. I never thought it was real, but I was so deep in it. And I know Millie Bobby Brown got asked about it the other day and she hated it.
Speaker 1: Yes, She's like, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: People still think, like to this day, they don't it's coming, that there's more coming, do they really?
Speaker 1: I thought we all let.
Speaker 2: That go after the date part clock was ticking down, Yeah, and then it.
Speaker 1: Would before and it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: And he got asked like, you know, what's the craziest thing people say to you, Oh, what's the thing that people won't let go? And he was like conformity Gate. And he was like, without a doubt, that's the thing. But he also said there was never going to be another episode and he was like, I'm not in it.
Speaker 1: I shot what I shot. I'm done.
Speaker 2: And he said it was pretty crazy to watch it spread, and like he spoke about the confirmation bias of fans about how like if he stepped outside and looked a certain way, they were like conformity gate. And he pretty much was like, this is crazy. And I thought that was a funny thing to discuss at comic con, where these fans who draw all these webs up. Yeah, and he was pretty much like, you know, I still get asked the question even now it's been six months.
Speaker 1: You need to let it go. I know.
Speaker 2: The thing is like I never believed it was happening, but if it had, it would have been like the greatest plot twist in TV history because it was a great idea. It was a great idea fans came up with that did not exist. And I do think the Duffer brothers were kicking themselves a little bit. Well yeah, I just think that the ending turned to be a little bit lackluster. But anyway, we.
Speaker 1: Move on, We move on, We move on.
Speaker 2: Obviously, a lot of the biggest announcements came out of All H with Marvel, which like pretty much every year and now at Comic Con is where a lot of the big announcements come from. I will say quickly, on space Balls, they did a bit of a send up of Marvel, So when they were talking about what Spaceball stuff was coming, they like blacked out all the screens of All H and did like.
Speaker 1: A phase timeline.
Speaker 2: Remember when event like Marvel did that with Avengers and everything, to be like, look at all the projects we have in the pipeline. So they were like Spaceballs two, Spaceballs three, Space Bull's nine. So I did enjoy that, but I do still love my Marvel h craziness. So Kevin Faggy, which I always thought was Kevin fi Fich until well, yes, I had it wrong until yesterday, and then I was like, oh, what's FIGI I what Figgy?
Speaker 1: I can't say it.
Speaker 2: I'm called Kevin multimillionaire. He's fine, He's fine. So he is the Marvel president. And he basically said we're mostly going to talk about movies, and then they did one of them being Ghostwriter. So yes, this was crazy. If anyone has not seen. Ryan Gosling was announced to be joining the MCU in a ghost Writer film, but he has been talking talking about this for years. Like Ryan Gosling has on the record as like recently as like March of this year and passed back to like the early twenty twenties, been saying he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Be ghost write.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really did, really did, and mostly with a journalis's called Josh Horowitz who has this Happy, Sad, Confused podcast but also works.
Speaker 1: For title You Do.
Speaker 2: But he they've been like going back and forth, so like he spoke to Ryan Gosling and was like, what would you like to do?
Speaker 1: And he's like Ghostwriter.
Speaker 2: And then Josh spoke to Kevin at a comic con recently or like a couple of years ago, and the lights all went out, and so as a joke, as a way to announce it, Josh from the audience took a microphone and started talking to Kevin, and Kevin was like, Oh, just because the lights go out doesn't mean it means anything. And then the lights all went out, and then Ryan Gosling ran on stage and the lights came back up, and Ryan Gosling's standing and he's staying there and he's looking He's typical Ryan Gosling, where he's like so hot, one of the biggest stars in the world, but still looks like me can confuse anyone's clapping for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which he always looks like that. He always looks confused that people like him. It's real.
Speaker 2: But so he was confirmed to be Johnny Blaze in the new ghost Writer film and What I Love Is Nicholas Cage previously played this role and even Mendez played the love interest in this role. And then that's obviously Ryan's partner and she put up a lovely post about him being cast. Someone had edited a clip of Ryan Gosling in the Place Beyond the Pines when he's like getting ready to ride a motorcycle, and Eva put it up and it's like I knew since then that he would be the perfect ghost Rider And I was like, what a cute little moment. I like when a manifestation Emma Roberts comes true. Yeah, because that's the movie where he and Eva met, right Macellen Love Pines. And he's like wanted this role for so long, so it's kind of cool that he actually got to do it. I did see a clip of him and Emily Blunt talking about it and she was like, what do you mean. I thought we were the only two actors left who didn't want to be in the MCU.
Speaker 1: He was like, no, I did too. No, he just wants this. He wants this role. So, as you know, they've gone after him before for stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was another role that they wanted him for and he was like, no, put me in ghost Riding. So this is going to be directed by Sean Levy and written by Jonathan Trooper. And they also just all did star Wars together, so it's the exact same team who were doing Star Wars and Wolverine Show which comes out next year. So basically when they were doing Star Wars, they also had the same conversations with Ryan about wanting to all do Ghosts Writer together and.
Speaker 1: So that's going to come in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Another big one, maybe just for me, was the confirmation that so there's going to be a Vision TV series coming out, and they were basically like, that's the end of that series. So we had one division Agatha All Along, and then there's going to be a Vision TV show later this year, and they were.
Speaker 1: Like, that's it. So that makes me sad because I love Agatha All Along. No, I do too, but I think this is well, this is Paul betny Backer's vision right, Yeah, yeah, I'm over that. I'm fine. I'm no he was he was growing over that.
Speaker 2: But I want another We want Agatha back.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to get it.
Speaker 2: I know that's the only Marvel TV show because it felt it felt like it could just stand alone as its own franchise. The reason Marvel has pulled back on all these TV shows is that they just went too big, too fast, and they had all their movies coming out, but in order to understand the movies, you then had to go and watch ten side TV shows, yes, with different law and plots and characters, and it got so convoluted. Now they've pulled it back and they're like, we're scared of losing all our money and power. Just watch our movies, which is actually a good call, but it doesn't mean like a standalone show, like you could watch Agatha without watching And that's what I said to everyone about it. I was like, you don't need to really know anything, but I much rather watch Catherine Harman Paul Bettany anyway say sometimes like that, you don't get what you.
Speaker 1: Want, you don't get what you want.
Speaker 2: Something we did get that I did want is the announcement that Black Panther three is coming. So director Ryan Coogler was on stage with Winston Duke and Letisha Right and announced not only that we're getting a third Black Panther, that we have our new Black Panther, So David Johnson, who I really love and I'll get to in a minute, he's going to play the son of T'Challa, which was the late Chadwick Boseman and Nikiyah, which is Lapida and Yongo. So he is the new Black Panther. He was in this really great underrated rom com called Rylane. I don't know if you've seen it, No, I haven't seen good And he was in the Long Walk recently. I love him from The Long War incredible because I love that book and it traumatized me so badly when the movie came out, like I cannot do this again. And obviously I've watched it like five times and it shuts my heart and a million pieces every time. He is the lead in that, and he is so good. The fact that he didn't get an at least an Oscar nominee is crazy to me. He's so funny and charming and such a good lead and so heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, if anyone.
Speaker 2: Hasn't watched that movie, like absolutely watch it. Read the book first and then watch the movie. But just like take Cooper Hoffman credible yes at the end in the Rain, Oh no, I can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: I can't. They're so good, phenomenal actor.
Speaker 2: He is a leading man, Like I feel like Marvel has picked the right person, yes to be like their new big leading man. If anyone's going to kick that next phrase of movies off, it's him, especially now, like you know, like it's a big thing to step into, like with Chadwick both and like to kind of reinvent Black Panther. So that's a huge deal. I did love this is so gossip here do it this. Damson Idris was like the favorite from a lot of fans to take up this role. People were really petition for him to become a part of the Black Panther universe and to maybe take on a role like this. But Damson has been in a relationship with Laurie Harvey. Does his name ring a bell to you? No?
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, Lauri Harvey the actress, Yes, Steve Harvey's daughter. Ye. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Laurie was in a relationship with Michael B. Jordan Yes, yes, and yes yeah, and so a lot of Steve Harvey was like used to do like TV bits about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and so Laurie and Michael B. Jordan were in a relationship.
Speaker 2: She's now with Damson, and then I think she and Damson broke up and got back together.
Speaker 1: She's a gorgeous girl. Yeah, she's a model because she's insanely beautiful.
Speaker 2: But like all these fans were basically saying that, like, that is why Damson wasn't cast because Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan best friends, collaborators, Michael's in the Black Panther universe obviously has been and people were.
Speaker 1: Like, that's why he didn't get cast. That's so got to be an unfair to the actor who did get cars. But by Jordan can be.
Speaker 2: An incredible actor and filmmaker and still be a petty little guy on the side. Yeah, he's just human like the rest of us. I actually love men just being petty like that. I love it if it's true. If it's not, is also fine.
Speaker 1: He's many role.
Speaker 2: He's got things going on, and obviously, look, Avengers Doomsday was like the big supposed reveal.
Speaker 1: I really didn't think I learned that much.
Speaker 2: I've got to be honest, I still don't understand what's going to happen in Doomsday. We don't have time to gett Apparently they showed a full a new Doomsday trail. It wasn't released, Yeah they did, and there were some announcements the one I want to get your reaction from. So obviously a lot of the stars of Doomsday were there for any I think you guys talked about it last week on the film, so like, I don't need to get into the.
Speaker 1: Plot of that. I think I'm on a Marvel hit list somewhere you are.
Speaker 2: But a lot of the actors were there, like Rebecca remin Kelsey Grammer, James Marston, my Guy, Lewis Pullman two Paddles one Weekend, Oh my god, he's a star, David Harbor, Letitia Wright, like so many of the stars. Obviously, Robert Downey Jr. And Chris Evans were two of like the big pools for the weekend. Haley Atwell was there because it was announced. Okay, I both love and hate that so much that Peggy Carter is returning to Avengers Doomsday thoughts Laura Brodneck, Well, I'm happy for Haley because she was pretty upset that Peggy Carter, after being this huge figure in the Marvel cinematic universe in the movies, having her own spin off TV show, had a very undignified death as like a little side character in Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness. I know it was a different Well, Peggy Carter, shut up everyone, it doesn't matter we thought for a while, and Hailey thought for a while too, that was the last time we would see Peggy on screen being dissevered and decapitated by a crazy wonder Maximov, and that was just not a fitting end for that character. So I'm glad Hailey the actress is coming back Peggy, the character who I have beef with anyway, because she's married to my Marvel crush, which I know is the most basic crush to have. I've got multiple crushes. Here's just one of them with the beard later.
Speaker 1: On, not in the early movies anyway.
Speaker 2: Are we totally going to talk about hot boys and tie outfits? And yeah, here we are. But yeah, we obviously know that Chris Evans is coming back as Steve Rodgers in some capacity.
Speaker 1: We don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Bringing Peggy back the character means that we'll probably get either flashbacks all yeah, two of them are in this timeline. I don't look, it could just be a little cameo. It could be, But I know a lot of fans are annoyed.
Speaker 1: They're over Peggy. That's what I'm saying a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, I'm just like, either bring it back and do it as a full storyline or you already ended their storyline. Yeah, and had Steve Rodgers give up the Captain America shield and go back in time to live a quiet life with her and have children and grow all together. And now you're just undoing it for a few cheap movie ticket clickses anyway, very quickly, because we've spoken a lot. I've spoken a lot, no very pro me two hours, and I just want to say on that Anthony Mackie gave a great response to the fact that obviously Chris Evans is coming back, because a lot of people have been like, well, if he's coming back, is he is he Captain America?
Speaker 1: Anthony Mackie exactly is capting in America.
Speaker 2: So basically Anthony was like, no, Chris is coming back as Steve Rogers as Nomad, which is a part of the comics. And here is what he said, and I love this so much. He was like, there is a comic book. And then he stared down the barrel of the camera to Variety and he was like, you say you're a nerd, read the comic book. Don't be a nerd by trade, be a nerd by fact word. I loved that Anthony Mackie. I think he's just sick of people kind of essentially saying, oh, well, like if Chris is back, he can be Captain America yea, and trying to erase like Anthony Macki from the franchise, who is now the actual who is actually Captain America and he's a diva and we love him, so no Chris will be coming back.
Speaker 1: As is stressing me up.
Speaker 2: It's aging me, like even our just talking about it and all the things that could go wrong. My heart is beating so fast. I can't take it. I'm sure when Disney do their expos soon d twenty three, when you get even more announcements and I just I just need them to lock it down until the movie comes out.
Speaker 1: I can't take this anymore.
Speaker 2: There's so much happening. There were so many people there from the cast. Ryan Reynolds was there dressed as Deadpool today taking photos with fans like, and I was like, why are you here? Go Like, there was just too much happened, too much, but we had a time. Boys were hot.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: So Sunday Night on Channel ten, Megan Mikael, the Duchess of Sussex, although apparently she doesn't like to be called that. Her episode of Master Chef Australia, and so that was the episode that she filmed a few months ago when she and.
Speaker 1: Harry were in Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: How quickly you just get well, I've watched their Netflix stocko, I've read Ready's book has everything.
Speaker 1: I'm in the house with them. I'm in the house with her and edibles. Obviously, I want to be there so badly just for the edible flowers.
Speaker 2: I just want to be there to see how the jam is made. But anyway, yeah, just I find it very I find it very crazy. So yes, Megan Markel while she was here, she filmed a cameo on Master Chef, which again is not a crazy thing. They often have celebrity judges coming in a lot of the time. They obviously do have a sort of link to cooking or food in some capacity.
Speaker 1: I think Prince Charles.
Speaker 2: Did it when he was here once. Yeah, I can't believe people, no one. I don't have a memory of anyone at the time getting upset that Prince Charles filmed something for Mastershare and people were getting really angry that Megan Markel filmed an episode. If you look at like the comments under all the videos that have been posted, a lot of people are saying, she's not even a realists chef, She's not legitimate.
Speaker 1: She has anything about food? Why is she here? This is tarnishing the Master Chef brand. And all I'll say is like, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Given a choice between like having a chat about food between Mega Markel and King Charles, like, you pick Megan Markle, right, Yes, I would, just because I'm sure she has she has like a proven track record of loving an aesthetic dish anyway, anyway, you can't. There's no rhyme or reason to the hatred of Mega Markle. It just pops up anywhere. So what was interesting is like, obviously Channel of ten started writting the promos that her episode was coming up, and it's kind of set off this international backlash against her. There was a rumor completely unfounded and still I have no one who's involved in the situation has said anything about it.
Speaker 1: It's just a rumor.
Speaker 2: But it was reported as fact that she had come onto this set and that she had beef with Polin Yao, who's a long time hope what former contestant but also host on the show, and the story was that because Poe introduced her as the Duchess of Sussex, that Megan Michael was upset because she didn't want to refer to that way. And then apparently Poe was upset because she wasn't allowed to go talk to her about it. And then the story goes in the tabloids. And when I was looking up to sort of see how far this has gone, it was in like obviously tabloids across Australia, but also in the US, and like in the UK, it was being run. This story about Megan Michael or Master Chef Australia was being run as like front page news.
Speaker 1: Oh, sexually huge that she had.
Speaker 2: The story was that she had bullied and Australian master Chef personality. And the story also went that she and Poe got along so badly that they couldn't be on set together that they scenes, any scenes together had to be cut.
Speaker 1: All of this stuff. This is before the episode even came out. People were losing their minds.
Speaker 2: So last night the episode aired, and since we had already done, you know, a segment on it, and like we were so across the room as I watched it, and can I say there is not a shred of evidence that she bullied anyone, nor she was bullied or anything like that.
Speaker 1: On that show. Yeah, it just seemed like another charming Master Chef episode.
Speaker 2: Seemed like a real to me, like people cook, it's wholesome the end. And I found it really interesting that Poe went on Georgie Tunney's show on radio and spoke about this all the way back in April yeah, and was like, Na, Megan was great, we had a great time, like really debunked it and was like, no, she's amazing and I loved her so much. And still right before the episode dropped, and as the episode has dropped, there's all this reporting, like you said as fact that they like there was this massive rift and they hated each other. And it's like, well, Poe went on radio live and debunked that months ago, and you're still pretending that it's true, which is what's crazy to me. I'm like, you don't even care about facts anymore. And like here's the thing too, is like like we were there, we don't know. Maybe she was super difficult, maybe they hated each other, maybe a blood feud has been started, but like that, there is no evidence to suggest that yeah, and that story has just run away because Megan Markle is just a lightning rod for bad stories about her behavior because of what happened with the Royal family. So I watched the episode and she comes out like kind of quite charming. I don't see her flintship being called a royal she did, maybe they cut it, but there was a really funny scene where they say to her, Megan, would you like to give the thirty minute warning that there's only thirty minutes left? And what you usually do in master Chef is that you haul out and that's a big Did you ever go to the Master.
Speaker 1: Chef kitchen kitchen? I never did. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah I wish I did. I know every other journalist. I was very mad, I'll tell you that much. It's such a huge space, all these secret like it kind of meane like when I watched back Rooms, I was like, I was like, this reminds me of the backstage of Mastership. I did actually think that's it's so cavinous with long hallways and like well different pantryed ingredients rhymes and everything like that. So instead of yelling out the thirty minute warning, Megan walked around to every contestant, and she's said hello, excuse me, and like said their name, which is thirty minute warning. And then she next to the person she's like, hello, excuse me, thirty minute warning, and like it was really sweet. But I did think by the time she goes she gets the last person, is it still.
Speaker 1: Thirty minute warning. No, now it's a twenty eight mins. But her heart was in the right place. Heart was, didn't she say like, Oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Like to yell, I just like to sell, which I believe, Like I believe she seems so much. She's that woman's not us. I love to yell. In all the documentation we've seen in that woman, I've never seen her yell.
Speaker 1: She's very soft smoke. She had a very whispery.
Speaker 2: Voice and look like I really liked Meghan on suits as like a lady who's very classy, et cetera, like her whole thing, which she was long before Harry. She had that vibing interviews, always very soft spoken, always like this, like I like a bit more of a Jennifer Lawrence style of celebrity personally, like I love someone a bit rong and crazy an from this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, Meghan Markle v Jenni Lawrence.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying would love that story because she would just love to make a joke about like I love a celebrit it's a bit more like rough and tumble, right. But I've never like been concerned that Meghan Markle is soft spoken, whereas people have really taken this like she wouldn't yell and they're mad about it. It's like, Okay, I just don't think there's anything she could have done. Yeah, like was she the most memorable and buster she've judge? I mean personally, I don't real watch my chef, so we won't speak on that. But like I think she came in and she was exactly the brand of Magan Markle that you would expect. The biggest moment that has I mean every moment's divided people. The biggest moment that's divided people is that Prince Harry made a cameo. Yes, so they're busy cooking away, you know, there's they're on a they're on a time crunch. Things, the steaks could not be higher. And next minute they say, hey, there's a phone call.
Speaker 3: We've had a phone called a studio by my husband's here.
Speaker 1: I interrupted something.
Speaker 3: You before we're actually in the middle of tasting all of the dishes. We have four incredible cooks here. Errand's here, then he's Backbear, Casper and Petro. Guys, it's it's amazing. They're so talented. We wish you were here.
Speaker 1: He's in Canberra right now. Yeah, with the veterans in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See the joint they're all out here. Beautiful.
Speaker 3: Why that you guys have? I wish you could try this. These dishes are fantastic.
Speaker 2: I see yes, can.
Speaker 3: You see it? Okay, it's really delicious. And there's a hot sauce that you know me, it's a samdball and it is so good. I don't know if I think it might be too much for you.
Speaker 2: We'll go and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: And see you later.
Speaker 1: Say bye everybody, and there's a crew het you later. Bye. Okay. So she looks if you're listening to this, you couldn't see that video.
Speaker 2: She looks really shocked. When someone comes towards her and says you have a call. Her face is like what because.
Speaker 1: She's probably like, who would be interrupting me?
Speaker 2: I'm filming my master chef cameo and then a little ginger face and Beard on the.
Speaker 1: Camera and he looks like he's in a ware. So she's my favorite part. Yeah, but everyone in.
Speaker 2: That video is so me because like Poe covers her mouth like and is freaking out that Harry's on the phone, and then Aaron, like the beautiful Master Chef contestant, is just like aghast, like he's so shocked, and so are all the contestants and like pans to everybody and they're all just flabbergast that Prince Harry is on the line.
Speaker 1: And I would be too. Yeah, stuff like that is.
Speaker 2: Where I'm like, ah, do love Harry and Megan.
Speaker 1: That's very good.
Speaker 2: That's very cute to me because I was a bit like, oh, the thing is like I was like, it's a little cringe, but also it's cringe and harmless, which I feel is very much their brand. Yes, so obviously they wanted a little cameoon there. He was away in Canberra with the veterans, as she said, yes, so they couldn't sort of have him walk in, which I'm sure they tried to facilitate, like having him do a little pop in, and so they did the little camera moment. Again, people are upset because they're like he's trying to steal focus from her or they tried to take over, but it really just did give people, everyone in that kitchen like about of joy. And that's the thing I see from remember when when they were here filming this, how all of you remember, like all the reports came out that like, oh, their trip hadn't gone over well with the public and the public outrage, and we spoke about it at the time. We were like, no, it doesn't seem to be the case. And everyone who met them, everyone who worked with them, had their loveliest things to say. And I think this extends to Master Chef, Like at the time it was more so to do with like the people and the veterans that.
Speaker 1: Harry was meeting regarding like the Invictus Games and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it looks to me like this Master Chef episode, like the whole cast and crew were just having the best time and overwhelmed with joy. Yea literally said on radio, She's like, there's no feud. It was a great experience, And yeah, I kind of do you get that from watching it. The thing is about watching that clip like in isolation. If you're someone like me with a dark heart who doesn't watch like aspirational TV. It can come across as like cringe and everyone's squealing covering their mouths and she pretends.
Speaker 1: To look shocked. Maybe she was shocked, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And he's been like show me the food, food and stuff, and it is like in isolation, it can look cringing and weird, but if you watch it this part of the Master Chef episode, like that's what the show is. That is master it's bringing people in like making their dreams come true and having these like huge comeback stories and like it's aspirational and it's like people living their dreams. And like every time someone makes a soup flat like this big swelling music plays like.
Speaker 1: The end of like an epic movie.
Speaker 2: Like that's the vibe, and I think Megan actually just met the vibe and her vibe is there too, Yes, and those two vibes came together to create some really like intense experience. That's so truecause when I used to work at TV Week, and it covered a lot of reality TV, and obviously a lot of reality TV is awful and heinous and the things that people do are terrible. When Master Chef would roll around and I'd have to watch Master Chef. I'd be like crying on the couch with joy, Like I'd be like, oh this damn shot. It was so Yeah, it was the right fit for Megan Markle because it's so wholesome. At one point she goes, oh you have edible flowers. I was like, of course they do, that's your bread and butter. I mean, I would love a world where Meghan Markel comes to Australia reality TV and gets dropped in a completely different world.
Speaker 1: Meghan Markle on the mass couch, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Communicating and it's on vibing like I expect her to only scrub the floor and Megan's like, no, this has.
Speaker 1: To be a partnership like that would be truly great. Honestly.
Speaker 2: If England don't want to, I'll take them like gimme. But also, we can't do that to Megan market. We can't put it on Mass Australia. She'll never recover. She lives in a world where like she she's not exposed to that. No, So, after all the build up, after the international headlines, after the scandal, Meghan Markles Master Chef episode has come and gone, and by all reports it was just delightful but just to run on the mill episode. Thank you so much for listening to the Spill today. We will be back in your feed brighton early tomorrow morning with morning Tea hosted by Ash London.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,