Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Ya Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly. The best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar. Sez the Ya is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 2: Hi beer, Hi beer.
Speaker 1: We suck guys. It's been six weeks since our last days of our lives together and this is actually so One thing I think really cute is it we say that actual catchups until we record it's true, So you guys are hearing our real catch up in real time.
Speaker 2: It's true. On the ride here, I was like, we've had an illegal five minute.
Speaker 1: Catch up we did have and it feels a little bit promiscuous, prosculous.
Speaker 2: But truly we beyond our five minute catchup.
Speaker 1: We actually have. No we saved it.
Speaker 3: It was literally got off the plane next morning, had footy. I had about fifteen minutes before footy and really I just had to actually get my Opti SIM card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we went It was like, I haven't seen you in like six so we actually means where it's like, you know, you're best friends when you just like stay on FaceTime to each other, but you just do your life there actually, like it was like, let's have catch up just while I get my SIM card.
Speaker 3: So it goes, yeah, okay, see you they're eight thirty, get up to got Optus No, you were like it's not open.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, So what have we done since six weeks ago the last time we recorded, we had had the live events together. Yeah, we just come back from Sydney. We were feeling very neighborhood love. And then what happened after that? We had Easter?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so there were actual reasons why we had it was easter.
Speaker 2: You went away, I went away, you went away, and then now we're back so.
Speaker 1: Catch us up. What did you do, Bim? What did I Easter? I know it's like eight years ago.
Speaker 2: I didn't go away Easter. No, I did end up going away kind of. I went to bowl and handes with Raf.
Speaker 3: That's right, Raf and oh Mate and FITZI, which is so so, so so nice. You know, it's one of those friends that you don't see them often, but it's no energy to see them. And you know some friends you feel a bit weird, asking me like, oh hey, can I like use your beach house or like whatever. I like, are you the beach house this weekend? And she's like yeah, yeah, And I was like, okay, what if we came. She's like, oh my god, come And then it went one night and then spontaneously ended up being two nights and we went to watch a local football bar and had sea girls and the whole town was there.
Speaker 1: We bought merch because it was.
Speaker 3: Like it was really nice, and then and then pretty much I had to go played my first footy game and then next day literally flew to the Netherlands for three weeks and.
Speaker 1: Was back at footy I know, last game and feel to be back really fun.
Speaker 2: The season that I played, and pretty much my only season that I ever played was that one season for North and it was it was really I really enjoyed it because it was.
Speaker 3: It was random and I wasn't planning on it, but it was a position that I just don't play, Like I just don't like that back line, but every other line was full, and I was kind of this rookie that came in that didn't have us Like they.
Speaker 1: Were like, what do you play?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I played school footy and I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I was in the back line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I put in tech decks, but but now I'm in the midfield, which is where I feel like like I feel.
Speaker 3: Much more comfortable there. And it's really fun and it's a really awesome club. It's the same thing Melbourne Union affiliate was affiliated with North back in the day and to play with them now, so it's really really nice and really fun. And yeah, and that's pretty much been my six weeks. Not nearly as eventful as you're so feel.
Speaker 1: You went to the Netherlands. That's huge. Yeah, you went to and Adelaide, So Nick, just go wait, do you want more rocco or less Roco?
Speaker 3: They don't talk too much about it. A bit less Roco please, and I was like, oh, he's ready to be Oh my god, he's going to be dead.
Speaker 2: Joke school my god, it's kidd.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the Netherlands and the Tult fields and you're Wes Anderson video. You love that. I'm so impressed. It was just so topic to the point.
Speaker 2: Went I was like, so we have monthesday, So do you mind making with Anderson for the flip book. I was like, I don't know how that.
Speaker 1: Book. Those who don't know Where's Anderson is a film director and he has a very distinctive style, and there's a TikTok trend at the moment which is like, don't make like what is it. It's like, you wouldn't make your day a day in the life looking like a Where's Anderson film? And then people do a day in the life in the exact style, like romanticizing a single thing that they do. And and did a sail in the fields with this beautiful velvet chair that she walked on her back. It was so thronny. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: Wh you give me creative freedom, whatever you think.
Speaker 3: And I was like okain, I'm walking the streets with this blue velvet chair on my head.
Speaker 2: And then hind drive past, and I had said it.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the road for one of the scenes like in the in the little past there, and I was like filming and all these cars are going fine, there's this chair in the middle of the road.
Speaker 2: And then he past, being like.
Speaker 1: Who the freak He's putting a chain in the middle of the road. And then he realized it was me, and it was like get off. It was like put it in the car, you idiot, And I was like, ok.
Speaker 2: Netherlands was really nice.
Speaker 3: I've been there a few times. I was there in November as well. It was surprisingly cold. A f I did not packed appropriately.
Speaker 1: Because you packed like one outfit, true light packer, like a real you.
Speaker 3: For the first time ever, I used the first time ever in my whole life of my trembling that I remember that was with my.
Speaker 2: Parents a suitcase.
Speaker 1: God to the stomach.
Speaker 2: You are so bu unlike myself, and and then.
Speaker 1: But becoming me like I'm slow you feel about if you're like, okay, just the case I'm so proud of I've never used suitcase and it was mainly because I had to bring over a bunch of things like as gifts, but because it was work, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't just like wear the same thing every single day, like come to me somewhat presentable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll go like for a road trip, as you guys know, we love to do like neighborhood trips and for like four days and be like, where's your luggage? Would be like, oh, it's wearing.
Speaker 3: It's the same back I used for like work.
Speaker 1: But your laptop's in there with all your charges. Where's your traw trees in the pocket?
Speaker 3: My one loose rush the plane.
Speaker 1: That's like I was like, what's this in your jacket pocket? It's my toothbrush? Like that's so ill without like a cap on the bristle, Like that's so rank. I don't want to see it. I don't want to see it. That's like put that in your mouth, and I think I st it in my back. What is that movie where one of them has, oh, no, it's How Met Your Mother? Where they've got the toothbrush and she's like, oh my god, you know that's our toothbrush, and he's like our toothbrush. I don't know lost we toothbrush el JA three, I've got one in every bag.
Speaker 2: The other day, my.
Speaker 1: Say, she goes, where are your toothbrushes?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, there's one in that bag and I meant the toothbrush singular, I meant this bag and she found it in another bachel's huis.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I'm not that bag, but yeah, that works too. Can you please do a day in the life of Andrew's toothbrush like POV your and oh my god. So today Paul had a campaign. He's sitting here with us because, as you guys know, we're really lazy. We're recording this at home again instead of being bothered to go into the studio. So we had a campaign for Paul. We took him to Bunnings. He had to like brush his fur and he got to go through the new pet section and like Piggy's own little toys, and he was being filmed and I wanted to put a GoPro on his collar and do like POV you know, dog cam, like Poul cam, and we forgot to bring the go pro. So it was like, don't worry, I'll fake it. And I was like a kneeling in the aisles, running around trying to like bounce it up and down at the pace that he would be doing his little gallop. And this woman in the budding sales check, which is like, what is this a weird lady doing running up and down the aisles pretending to be a dog.
Speaker 3: I feel like we need to share the actual clip and then for context be like there was no dog. It was just bouncing this up and down. I didn't really like at the height of a dog. But no.
Speaker 2: So the Netherlands was really nice.
Speaker 1: It was for work.
Speaker 2: I was pretty tired.
Speaker 3: A part of it was like, oh, come by the going because everyone's like it'd be so fun, which it actually it was really beautiful. But I think I was like I've been in limbo for so long in terms of not in a single place, because you know, A resigned full time in October when for five weeks, came back for like three weeks, went away again for two weeks, came back in the house. In the meantime we had done some interstate trips like Sydney Bridge, been come back then Netherlands. Now finally back and for the foreseeable future, I don't know when I'm pretty like settled, which is nice. To know, but it said that every day was going to be sunny and twenty and so I was like, amazing, I'm going to pack shorts, singlets, t shirts, maybe even true bras.
Speaker 5: Little boobies can be, yeah, can be about to play and then there's perky nipples and then I get there chili.
Speaker 1: It was chili blue.
Speaker 3: Like I wasn't really it was actually it was cleaning. In some of the videos, it was like the weather had turned. It was how the chan tables if.
Speaker 2: The winds cha changers you know.
Speaker 1: That book, Yeah, when you change, it's so rare. It was so.
Speaker 3: Cold, like uncomfortably cold for particularly you know when you don't when you're not dressed appropriately and you're just cold.
Speaker 2: And because you're in the fields, there's no retreat. It's not like you can just.
Speaker 1: Go to a house.
Speaker 3: So the first five days it was just so cold, and I was trying to find my feet in terms of what to wear that I could wear and cycle in like, and then the weather turned out to be really beautiful and the two fields are really beautiful and it was just nice to be away. We got our own house and then we're like cycling everywhere, so it kind of felt like we could settle in almost as locals because we were cycling everywhere I've gone in the grocery, like cooking and eating.
Speaker 1: It's not like we were in hostels or anything like that. Now you have a suitcase, you come, now we have.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: One thing I'm really good at is if I packing, I packed once and I do like zero reviews. I just pack it once to close it.
Speaker 1: I'm done. Okay. Can we totally please talk about travel habits right now because I talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, so me one time packer, done, don't one pack wander?
Speaker 3: Yeah, My my weight, my ability to guess wait, I feel like it's really.
Speaker 1: Good, you know what, My ability to guess if I've looked at a clock, my ability to guess how much time it's been since then. Like if I look at it like nine point thirty at ten twenty one, Nick would be like, what time is it, I'll be like about ten twenty, Like I've got this. That's like my weird skill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're also really shit at how many people atas oh, and also how many people are in the room.
Speaker 1: It's like how many people are in the mcg are two million? Yeah, Like seventeen, Like I have to fire. Are you what?
Speaker 2: Google map says seventeen? So about six minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on my way. Omw. Like an hour later, I'm like sorry camera, No, yeah, you're really good at So do you pack like the night do you panic pack like the night before, day of, day of?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I finished that.
Speaker 3: In this instance, I packed partly the night before, only because the next morning I had to actually do like a bit of work and stuff that was meant that I was going to be out of the house. But I packed and it was the limit was twenty three kilos and I had twenty three point one, oh my god. And mind you, there was a lot of it was like gifts Kim and ordered all these bonds stuff.
Speaker 1: Like all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was one pack I had like borrowed a scale and I kind of just like, you know, it's not ever really accurate though, particularly it's like two or three kilos here, and then you're like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Because it weighing my thing. Yeah, go stand on it and like minus that number. Yeah, and it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: So twenty three point one on the amazing And every other time when I'm like.
Speaker 2: Doing carry on and stuff. I'm like six point nine seven point two. My god, I I think it's a skill.
Speaker 1: I could you know.
Speaker 3: Hami Shanani said, like, what's your secret skill? I feel like that's my skill anyway, All and doughsy On LinkedIn the other not habit, but the other discussion we wanted to bring up quite seriously because it's.
Speaker 1: Actually quite is why the middle seat on an airplane is hell?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's what it's.
Speaker 2: I put a pole up on a pole, a pole like a.
Speaker 1: Pole in your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, p O A pole a pole. That's exactly what I'm saying. Pole pole, like a street pole. It's this you said, pole pole.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I'm saying. That's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Pole pole.
Speaker 1: Pole is like what why are you saying? My name?
Speaker 2: Bim, I'm actually junk't here.
Speaker 1: So you're saying like, p O L a pole, not pole like p O l L.
Speaker 2: The pole I put a pole.
Speaker 1: So you know, we're talking about the TikTok where which we will also talking about the TikTok where I found out that South Australians say lego instead of lego. All the Americans are like you're saying the same word, Like what are you saying? You're saying the same thing twice. I'm like, it's so different south an English pol go versus lego. It is so different. Anyway, we'll come back to it. So I did a serve yate and then.
Speaker 3: I was like which, I said, which which seat should I book? And tell me why I should book that? Because I in my brain, I'm like, there's only one answer. People have really committed answers to.
Speaker 1: No one is committed to the middle. You're either a window or an ale, right, Like no one just goes.
Speaker 3: I want to be in between two strangers and said the one person said, if I'm traveling with friends, the middle irrespective of friends or.
Speaker 1: In the middle is just like it's hell. It's like you can't like the protocol of where your elbows go, like who get like you're sharing an elbow stand? I know, what's the real estate? Like do you share it? Split it down the middle?
Speaker 2: I sent.
Speaker 3: So I put up a photo of what seat I should book, and I said watch seat and I meant as in middle, like I know J d row sixty nine.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, other weird thing I do I only book, like I don't like the letter C or a O. J okay, like I'll try and but you like the D. I like a D. Yeah, b okay, but like D ideals get the do you like the D? Then also even numbers? Yeah you're like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone even responded with this image.
Speaker 1: God did they use emojis?
Speaker 3: No, I don't like to do that's so cute, trying to circle one see that I should book.
Speaker 2: I was really just meant to say, like what I'll middle.
Speaker 3: I think, really I'm not sure about this first row windows side to get the view and have enough.
Speaker 1: I get that for like leg space.
Speaker 2: And then do you know what? I actually had exit road first, and I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Well because you can't have all your stuff in the baxac and I love doing that and putting my foot up there like I'm like a.
Speaker 1: Little feet feet and on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah shut it's a window.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you get so.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind that someone'said always a window seat. No, I used to be that.
Speaker 1: I'm a par I don't want to get it's not even me ping.
Speaker 3: It's the ability to walk up and down the aisle whenever you want to movement.
Speaker 2: Free the nips.
Speaker 1: So you know how Nick makes me sit in the middle because he needs the window because he hates the because he always gets bumped along the edges. And I'm an aisle girl because I need freedom movie. Yet, So when I'm in the middle and he's in the window and there's a stranger on the aisle when they're asleep, I pee so often that I'm I'm not going to bother waking them up. I will like, like, what are you doing? Touch? I respect people that do that.
Speaker 2: Another question.
Speaker 3: I have another question. Okay, so people put in your answers. What do you think we think middle row? I have three seats on the way.
Speaker 1: Home, right, I love a full eye.
Speaker 3: Wait, but before me the plane, before the plane left, this man came and sat in one of the free ones, and I was so annoyed because I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you can't.
Speaker 2: You gotta be a seat And I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: You should have put your bag. So, yeah, you get first dips on that row.
Speaker 2: Well it's not it's not like I'm entitled to that road.
Speaker 3: But neither of us booked that row, and by virtue of neither of us booking, it just should just be who I was in that rode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your good luck means you lie down. But that's why I'm always like, I put my blanket there.
Speaker 3: And I made the book say of not just sitting in the middle of the three I know, but then I always like and then I I did.
Speaker 1: I said, I googled is it illegal to change seats?
Speaker 3: And then everyone and then all these Reddit posts were like, no, it's just not like not like not like it's indecent, but it was like, it's it's not etiquette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like social do you construct rules that aren't real rules?
Speaker 2: So do you do? You think?
Speaker 3: And I tried to flip, but I was like, if it was me when I am done that, if I was sitting next to someone there's a free one in the front, the pardon me is like I probably would have, but also part of me is like I'm two good two shoots, then I probably wouldn't and.
Speaker 2: The vegetarian mill.
Speaker 1: I would give them first DIBs. But I feel like if there's a free row and no one like just say it's a three or a four and there's no one in any of them, it's free for all. It's like whoever gets out of their seat the minute the seat belt side is a long run. Yeah, but if there's already someone in it, it's like they get first DIBs. And if they choose not to spread out, yeah, like if they've already put their seat back and they're not using it, then it's a free for all. I agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, because because he came before we left.
Speaker 3: Now, before we left, and I tried and I tried to be all like, and he didn't sweak English.
Speaker 2: So he gave me his translator and I wrote, you might have to just ask before you change.
Speaker 1: And then it was like it did and it didn't move, and I was like.
Speaker 2: It changes the balance of the aircraft. There's one person moving.
Speaker 1: It's actually a safety. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now that's the other thing. I think that's up for contention.
Speaker 1: If that's I agree, If that's it's up for contention. That the middle seat is just the worst in the entire And what I don't understand is it in a like three three three, in particular, in a three four three. In a four there's actually only like the aisle and the second middle you never have to go over two people. But in a three the middle seat is actual hell. But so much of the plane has to sit in that seat. So are people just.
Speaker 3: Like couples, a big couples, Like someone has to take it.
Speaker 1: It's basically you were so mad because I realized. I was like, this is a forever thing, like if I, if I am this person, this is how it goes. And like you know how you always make compromises, right, there are some things where it's more important to one person than the opposite is to the other person. So we measure the detriment and like here's discomfort versus like you know, blah blah blah. I can kind of squish up and like my shoulders are less wide and I can be marginally more comfortable in the middle. Yep, But that means that you always have the middle. I'll always I'm like, I don't want to travel with you, an.
Speaker 2: I could not do that, especially not long haul.
Speaker 1: So then I made a TikTok about it, and it's had a million views and so many people weighing in on this say like red flag.
Speaker 2: Like firstly concerned.
Speaker 1: So it's so funny, you know how, Like the internet is just help like when you get it's only when you get viral, like you know, we have such a beautiful audience.
Speaker 2: You guys remain famous.
Speaker 3: You guys understand you shouldn't get it. No.
Speaker 1: When I like, generally we have the loveliest audience, I've not really ever had troubles, Like we've had the lovely six spirits on the internet when a post goes viral and it starts going to like people who have no idea who you are. The hilarious ways you get like you could never keep anyone happy, And it's been hilarious going through the comments of like half the people think he's a red flag because it's like he obviously doesn't care about you and your physical wellbeing. But then the other half is like so many red flags you not him, like don't be a passenger princess, and then the other like, oh my god, he because you know how he walks really far in front like all the time. Yeah, I took like a ten, like maybe.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing that, like not even it was like two.
Speaker 1: Seconds, and everyone's like, oh my god, I think that it's time to divorce because obviously he's got OCD and anxiety about being late and me not respecting him makes me inconsiderable, like not supporting his mental health by not letting you want.
Speaker 3: Also, people have to think about the fact that you're sometimes maybe purposely lagging behind.
Speaker 1: To get the video of him looking in front one hundred. Sometimes I wasn't in that video sometimes and he does.
Speaker 3: He does walk fast, even when we're together and I walked, But that's him being like, Okay, you doodle as you please.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's like, walk faster and then make it and like leaving behind.
Speaker 3: We want a window shop, we do that and he walks ahead, and it's like you do you It's like everyone respecting what each other wants as opposed to haven't do everything together.
Speaker 1: But it was so funny how it's like he was canceled, I was canceled. We both were canceled together, like so much fuss about it. But then most people were just like, oh my god, this is where did you get this? It took me and my husband like it was so much like this is exactly us. But the yeah, the middle seat thing. No one is like, yes, we like the middle.
Speaker 3: Seat okay, last flight, flying trouble thing, Okay, watching a movie in the plane and then a sex scene comes up, or do you watch it through? Do you fuss forward, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Brightened down?
Speaker 1: Brighten us down, brighten it down.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I was stressed. Why were you watching porn on there?
Speaker 2: I was rewatching my only fans.
Speaker 1: I was editing that music. Okay, I was getting the zoom right. I always find it like it's like when you're watching them with your parents. So if Mum and I are watching a show and there's a sex scene, I have no chill and I will try make it like I will try and make it not awkward by being like I'll either say something totally unrelated to the show, or I'll be like, oh is this really necessary? Don't hate how Hollywood makes it such a thing, and like I have to like smooth it over, but I make it so much worse, and I promise I'm not like enjoying this, or.
Speaker 3: I do like like a little like look away, like I'm not that like whatever, oh oh sexy.
Speaker 2: Oh, but sometimes they're like really hot and you're like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but I have to show that I'm not enjoying it, So I'll be like gross I used to do like the hand over, the eyes down, the time stamp. I'll come back because I was watching because because I was watching.
Speaker 3: Don't Worry Downing with Harry Stars, not knowing at all what it was about. And it's some some scenes are like very like it's all very sexy and I know. And then I was sitting there and then I was stressed and I could the guy next to me had his brightness down, but and I couldn't see the screen because but then I could.
Speaker 2: See in front and diagonal clearly. I was like watching, and then there's like a full sex scene.
Speaker 1: So I didn't really not do about it, so.
Speaker 2: I think it's forwarded it stress be hindsight.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's worse, but just stress. I'm so stressed. But then me, I think you would be going, oh yeah, But then I do that too, where like I so, you know, I like watching so much crime. I get like, oh my god, people are going to like when I was watching Darma, the Jeffrey Darma serial killer one, I'd like see people over my shoulder watching me watch this cannibal like kill and be like, oh my god, they're judging me. But then I also have a sneaky at other people's screens. Yeah, I definitely also do them.
Speaker 2: Genuinely watch someone else's movie from my screen.
Speaker 3: Waiting was better than mine, and I was waiting for them to look check for the how long.
Speaker 2: Left to see the name of the movie because I couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: It was a really good movie. And like sometimes when I need to do work on the plane, like sometimes you need to write things. I just you just don't get enough privacy. I'm like, they're definitely reading what I'm writing. Yeah, I'm definitely reading what you're writing. Yeah, or reading.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't relate with that, but you do.
Speaker 1: You know when people have like they're doing, I'm like, oh, is he a businessman?
Speaker 3: I want to have an author Like it is interesting, you know when you're like walking through the aisle to get to your seat and sometimes you're like banked up and you have to stop.
Speaker 2: I was standing at the business area, like the business scene area. I guess I was waiting to get to the back, so, well, this would be interesting to see what they do this. One guy was like, how is you know how older people have texts so large that you could see it from the other side of the room, was like fully large, and I was just Jane. Then I was like I don't really have anywhere else to look, and it was full.
Speaker 3: Like can we please nail that stock purchase before it goes out of date?
Speaker 1: And I was like, whoa, No. You know what's even weirder when you sit next to someone on a flight and they don't look at anything. Yeah, like they're just like it's in theory. It's beautiful that they don't need the stimulation and distraction of their phone a movie. But then I'm like, you're a psycho back, yeah, like why are you just staring at the BA.
Speaker 2: That's strange anyway, That was my spiel on the flight.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's so many airlines trouble related, like.
Speaker 2: Quirks about people, so many shows.
Speaker 3: Aside toilet toilet etiquette, like what do you do?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna out Nick, and it's gonna be so no. No sometimes so he always wears no, it's canceling headphones. Oh yeah, sometimes fun. He doesn't know that it's because he can't hear it. No, surely it's so quiet. And I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Find all the time and the planet can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're the person you can't hear, but you can don't smell yes, they do not whatever, and.
Speaker 2: He's talking and if someone does, but because you're like, that was you.
Speaker 3: But then the.
Speaker 1: Problem is because I have a history of like not telling Nick that I have and then like two weeks later it was like, hey, remember that flight, like that was me, So now when it wasn't me, he won't believe me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you you're the worst because you're like the only two in the bedroom, only two, and it's like I definitely didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like Evan's.
Speaker 3: You're so adamantly like, well, it wasn't me either, and it's like, I know.
Speaker 1: Just it's not an issue, just just it wasn't me, though. He's like Paul was like on a docky days bar, he wasn't in the house.
Speaker 2: So that was my very long update of mine what happened.
Speaker 1: I still just don't know how people just raw dog it for the middle seed.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Yeah, honestly, if you're a middle seat lover line, we'd like to interview you.
Speaker 1: We should start doing like Fox Pops, and we'd like to have something else that confuses you. I feel like there's a lot of things we could Let's start making a c a list of like ship that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely number one is in the middle seat because that's just weird.
Speaker 1: Also like slow walking three ye breast on a footpath, like move overtake, overtake line lanes.
Speaker 3: I was like, if you want the foot path, if you want to slow walk a three year breast person me, I will come on to.
Speaker 1: Have three breasts. I've got three breast for nipple me high value. The other thing that randomly went viral the other day, well send me viral was we had straight after Morocco. Have you even talked about Morocco? That we need Morocco? We went straight to South Australia and had this amazing weekend. It was so nice. I'd never been to the Barossa and there is so much in Australia. It was just so beautiful. But I found out that South Australians pronounce lego, which is like Nick's favorite thing. Everyone's like, how did that even come up? And have you met my husband? Anyway, they pronounced it lego like l a y. I have never heard what so I was like, do you say lego? Land? I heard that though I hadn't either, but everyone in South Australia it's like, oh my god, it's been like that since I was a kid. I can't unhear it.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna have to keep notes on who we need. We need to just this episode stories to be like, hey, we need a middle seat sitter and to tell us why.
Speaker 1: Later came from. And then all these people like it's actually closer to the day is like original name, but it's definitely it's definitely Lego. But they also apparently say like prance dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they've got it's like British British accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But there was another one like pool. Apparently they say, let's go swim in the pool.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's Queensland pol pu pu p P.
Speaker 3: Say cue cue Queensland.
Speaker 1: Q like k e w l que Let's go swim the peel See at the pill peel.
Speaker 3: Pure is like p y like pure like p y yeah, like you p y e w l p Q not like pe Okay, we.
Speaker 2: Should also need someone from Queensland.
Speaker 1: Eat. What I don't get is like, how did someone one day in South Australia go oh yeah, no it's Lego and then everyone in the state who speaks identically to us in most other regards just going Noah, but we're going to stick with Lego, Like, how does that happen?
Speaker 3: I've never heard that in my life. It's Queensland. And then we need a middle seat speaker.
Speaker 1: And then apparently Americans couldn't tell the difference between Lego and Lego, but they say legos like it's always plural, which reminded me of like how moms say the Facebook, which reminded me.
Speaker 3: My mom.
Speaker 1: You know, every mom has like those weird things. I say, the Facebook, the Google, like whatever mom? Remember mom said, are you going out in your action weear.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're the action Where. I'm like, I still you know? So I you know?
Speaker 1: So it's the inside joke for us.
Speaker 3: And I always say action where, thinking everyone else knows inside joke and I'm like, oh, I got my action where, and they're like it's and then I have to like explain so Sharah, you know Sharah my best friend, Sarah's mom anyways one time, and I'm like, by the end of.
Speaker 1: That, explaining is not fun. But action wear is so exited. I love her so much. Also, do you know I can't escape you? So I didn't see you for six weeks we were like both in different countries doing different things, being going to house inspections, first house inspection yesterday. Oh my god, Sarah, you are and his friend watch Chris Chris Manning.
Speaker 2: We love him so much.
Speaker 1: Honestly, is such a small world. And then we like had the best chat and then we followed each other like three different But I.
Speaker 3: Also remember Chris is friends with the photographer you had in Antarctica. Yes, yeah, he's really good friends with.
Speaker 1: Matcha beIN or Mat. Yeah. Yeah, I just put Matt on the FaceTime as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just did the FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually I speaking of my mum. It's Mother's Day coming out.
Speaker 3: Wait back to Morocco. Oh yeah, everything my brain speaking of Mother's.
Speaker 1: Day Morocco also such as m it does m O close that day the same word. Morocco was amazing. It was so beautiful. It was one of those countries I definitely think we from the outside before you've been there, you see a lot of red sand. Do you think of the Sahara like you kind of have this preconception about what the country is going to look like, which is similar you actually brought this up, which is like people from overseas coming here and being like, do you guys have koalas and kangaroos in your backyard? And We're like no, Like, what do you mean You're not seeing a city so uncultured. Uncultured of us to think Moroccos to sand. Yeah, I was like, where's the red sand? Ad like, which was silly because I'm like, I'm obviously not every part of a country is the one image that you see. And we went with Intrepid. It was another work trip as part of my ambassadorship, which is just I mean every single time, I'm like, I think of little me and I think of what she would have thought, of what I would be able to do with my life, and how much I love travel and languages and cultures. And then to travel with a company that is just doing such incredible things and has the same values about anyway, it just I always pinch myself, like how do I end up in these positions? And so incredibly grateful for that role because they're all about spreading the joy of travel, and like, if there's anything I stand for, it's the joy of travel and how much it opens your mind. And Morocco had always been like high on the bucket list. I didn't realize how close it is to Spain. It's like one very right, like less than an hour away, and so I'd kind of almost been quite a few times and then it just never aligned. So it had been a long time coming. And it's extraordinary, like it's so diverse. It was really green, Like the first five days were all lush, like I was sending people pictures and they're like, what is that. There's like a ski shall I yeah, so odd. I would never have thought more could be green. There's snowcap mountains. It was crazy because it's like right on like it's northwest and it's very like coast or like there's heaps of coast, and it just like blew me away. It was so different, and there was you know, we started in Casablanca, which is such a modern city and that's really beach like it's we've got a beautiful beach front. And then we headed to Affairs, which is like one of the oldest operating medinas and like walled cities and old markets in the world. It has the world's oldest university that's still operating, and that was like deep culture and history and that mind opening stuff and much more of like the in the madina and the marketplace, there's a tannery where they steal color leather using like indigo and saffron and like yeah, like you could see the craftsmanship and the artisan work of how things have always been done. It was just so interesting. But then we went to like a lake in the middle where they've got this man made down because Morocco's really big on hydro power, and that looked like felt like Geneva or someone was like where are we, like what is happening? And then we finished up in Marrakesh, which was much more of like what you expect with the sauk and the big markets and like the hustle and bustle, but again so colorful, like these bright pink flowers everywhere. It was just amazing, like a full assault to the sensor. What's the food that you're eating? To Jeane, everything was in a tajene and Tojene, okay, fun fact, you know how like when I travel, I can't not I don't wanted to show you pictures. I won't need to learn stuff. So Tejeane is the pot? Did you not know that? No? I thought Jane was the dish like stir fray or casserole.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I knew that still didn't know the only thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the tejene is the pot. So anything that gets cooked in a tajen pot is a tugine, like sag naki is the pan, not the cheepeh. I didn't know that. There you go, Wow, there you go, we go.
Speaker 2: I got the double There you go.
Speaker 1: Guys and all. So, you know, Nick and I are so lucky to have done quite a lot of travels through the Middle East and a lot of like it's in a primarily Islamic country, and we've had, you know, such great opportunities to travel in other countries that have a similar faith in culture. But I was not expecting it to be so open minded and progressive in comparison to some of the places we've been, so we learnt about you know, in Casablanco, it's like the only Arab I think it's the only Arab nation that has a Jewish museum, which is like, I mean, you know how progressive they must be to do that. And back in one of the World Wars, when the Nazis came into Morocco and demanded that the King of Morocco hand over all the Jews. He said, there are no Jews here, there are only Moroccans.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I feel like so nice.
Speaker 1: Like that kind of history. I don't know. I don't know if other people find that really interesting when they travel, but that kind of thing makes me so interested, Like I just I don't know following how significant people have made decisions against the grain, like the whole way through humanity. I was just like had such a bigger appreciation for Morocco. But yeah, it was the architecture, like that is cheap, like food and stuff. Yeah, it's one of those places where the tourism market caters for the extreme luxury, Like there are lots of crazy five star results where the price of food at the restaurants is like equivalent to resorts here. But then when you're in the market places, there's like a totally different economy going on, So it can be really cheap if you, you know, aren't going to really western places all the time. You can also do it in a really expensive way. I think the scale of different experiences you could have based on what you wanted as a tourist anyway is really broad, Like you could go all the way from like very very cheaply living. And one of the most special things we did was we and this is what I love about Intrepid. They not only in every itinerary include a meal with locals, so you go and like actually get a home cooked meal, which is so nice. They also have a feature stay where instead of a hotel, we stayed in a riard. So the traditional Moroccan buildings, you know those ones that are like square around the outside, but in the middle is like a big fountain and like there's no ceiling in the middle. Bit, yeah, like a little like an open, open courtyard. So that's a read and like all accommodate, all traditional accommodation is like that. And so when you're inside you can still look over the side of the ways and look down into the courtyard. And that was so special. It was like so exotic and amazing. It was just the best. And it was really nice because we've had, like you know, you guys all know, we've had like a really roller coaster little time together and this was such a nice thing to.
Speaker 2: Do, little like a second honeymoon.
Speaker 1: I feel like we can't keep extending that out. Now there's like our twenty f halve honeymoon.
Speaker 2: I have to wait two years for your honeymoon.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's fair, that's true. It was really really nice there together. That's really nice. I just love it when and I think you're the same when you go somewhere and your mind gets like stretched past knows and just watching people. So one of the really cool things about every city we went to was you know how like sometimes you travel and you say really cool markets and stuff, like I found this in Turkey a little bit. You say really cool markets, but it's mainly for tourists. Like it's really ramped up for the tourist market, even though they're still authentic goods. It's like mainly tourist shopping. Everywhere we went in Morocco, it was like locals shopping for their textiles and food and they were like get out of the way. So it was like that would just do in their lives, guys. That's my favorite to do it.
Speaker 2: That's why I also love My favorite thing to do is go on those free walking tours.
Speaker 3: Same day one I get leave my bags in the hostel and I go on this walking to and it's the best thing because you're like, oh, I did not like it used context to all of these buildings and cultural you know, doings and beings that you would otherwise just walk past and be like cool and then but you could you didn't know that it's like a the oldest mosque.
Speaker 2: In the history of the world.
Speaker 1: If you didn't go on this walking tour, you'd be like cool, I know the mosque. I do the like lazy girl version of that. And this is so lame for someone who like is I'm always like a I don't do the teristic things. I like get off the beaten path. But I love a bus tour, like a city bus tour. Yes, it's like a walking tour. You get like the first day it's so teristic, obviously because it's a double degger buss and you look like such a tourist, but I feel like you get to see they do the same thing. They drive you around everywhere, so you kind of understand where you are and where everything is in relation to each other, and they give you just like the Dummi's guide to each thing. And then the next day you can start like I can't want to go back there.
Speaker 3: That's the start of every everywhere I land. That's the first thing I do, because I was like, I don't have because otherwise you don't have bearings to know unless you're passionate already about that place and you're there. Because I don't really go places, go to places with a of a list.
Speaker 1: Of things that I've seen online that I want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless it's a natural place like Petra or the desert.
Speaker 2: But it's not like I need to go on this.
Speaker 1: Particular cafe and this particular bla.
Speaker 2: It's just walking to it.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, oh, that would be cool, and they give you these really.
Speaker 2: Great tips and they say it's on Sunday. If you could post eight pm, it's better.
Speaker 1: Well, what was really cool when we were there is it was Ramadan, true, which I've never been traveling during Ramadan, and so it was so cool because our like everyone is fasting until sundown and our guys, the poor things, they're all still working like fasting, and it was like the last week of it, so they were kind of really ready to just celebrate at Ad. And you know, they'd break the fast with us at dinner and then you see them just be like, oh my god, I got so much.
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: It was really cool? Did you get to go to an celebration. We left, so we were flying on the last day. But what was really cool is that if tad is what it's called when you break your fast, and it's based on when the prayers are called or when the sun sets. But when you're on a plane and you're changing like time zones, the pilot will come over the thing and say, you know, we have worked out that this is when you can break your fast. Oh that was so cool and I'd never experienced that, so that was really cool. But you know, one thing that did match its stereotype was the architecture, like the colorful tiles, but also like how intricate everything is. Like you'll look at a wall and it just looks like a wall, and then you'll walk up close and everything is like hand carved within an inch of its life. Was so beautiful. I love Morocan food, Yeah, you would have loved it. And for Vedro, so there was a vegetarian on our trip and he like a lot of chi jeans and meat and fish. But he had so much good food. He was so happy. It was really good. It's hot, wasn't that bad. It's not like high summer when it gets really really hot, but we had the best weather. It was like twenty five to like, so it was perfect. It was so good, and it's actually more so, I thought, I like, I just took my egypt wardrobe, which is quite covered and quite conservative, and then Marrakesh, some of the oldest cities are more conservative, but Marikos, she's actually quite modern and relaxed. And so our guy whose name is Sama, he's engaged get married to his Beyonce, and she has a fashion label and he was showing me all these dresses and they were like, you know, exposing shoulders and like I slipped in the leg of the dress and I was like, where is she gonna wear these? If you have to cover your shot He's like, oh, you don't have to cover your shoulders and stuff, like you wear a T shirt. And I was like, it's the last day. On hot days, I'd been wearing like scarves to my wrists and like skirts and I was like, dude, He's like, I just thought that's how you wanted to dress. Like, oh my god, walking around Maracosh, everyone's in T shirts. I was like, daf fuck dude, Like thanks really appreciated. But another thing that was really cool is the Intrepid team over there. We got to go to the office and visit them, and they'd been doing this at the time, like a lot of press around the idea that the number of female guides in the industry is really really low and they're trying to get it to be more equal. And one of the barriers is that you have to do your guide examinations separately. You can you can't. Just like in Egypt, if you do your guide qualification, you just graduate and then you can start working. In Morocco, you have to do a ministry test, but the ministry test is only held whenever they hold it, so like it's once a year, and then sometimes for women, like they won't even have it or they'll change the dates and it's really inaccessible, and Intrepid have launched this huge commitment to sponsoring more of the tests to get more women into the industry. It was, Yeah, it was amazing. It's so conscious and it's not even hard to talk about it because they're just so like every time we travel it's so visible what they're actually doing, Like we didn't get any papers, or we don't have plastic bottles at all, and yeah, you know, and that's difficult, like in a country where you're trying to you're not able to drink tap water, like it's hard to use plastic all the time. But they'll have like a big filtered water thing in the car and then you can fill up your reusable water bottles and yeah, that kind of stuff is It's an amazing way to travel. Yeah, but then we've been home.
Speaker 2: No, but you would hope for that one second and then to advocate.
Speaker 1: And then we did the South Australia True, which was amazing. Then I was in Sydney for True a week working and I think I'm at a weird stage and this is a whole other episode which we can do another time, but I'm at a weird stage and I feel like a lot of women will appreciate this where when you're starting to think about a family, you're kind of in limbo. Yeah, because until you have one, your decision making is all like you've got to make the most of the fact that you have the flexibility of not having children. So I'm like do all the travel jobs, like if something comes up into state and I just can pick up and go, like go, because you don't know if you'll be able to do that. But then it's like, how do you pace your energy? Because what if then you can? You know what I mean? Like I feel very limbo with it.
Speaker 3: And also family planning is one unexpected that you can't really plan. And then second it's a nine month minimum commitment of your body being physically like restricted, and you're like, well, then what do I do? Like even next month even could be the start of when.
Speaker 2: It's very uncertainty, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's always a level of uncertainty and business has definitely made me embrace uncertainty more. But you just don't realize how truly like limbo e it feels until you're suddenly actually trying, and then you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: But then you're like, oh wait, should I slow down to give my body optimal yeah, baby bearing abilities?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or should I speed up to make the most of it? Like is it gonna happen anyway? There's just like for an eight time, I'm like far out. I just want to control everything. Sorry about it? The stress for you? Way, Let me just live in my life. That's your TTC, Jenny my TTC is what was trying to conceive it's like a whole hash why did journey is looking up ways you're meant to have a child in the same sex relationship, you're actually looking at that, no, like as in just to know what I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of know it because Catherine, Okay, so I but before that I was like, I did not know, and I was very shocked about the process. Not very shocked, but about the how difficult it is. It's probably similar to if you were, you know, struggling to conceive naturally in a hetero relationship. But there's so many rules and things like if you go through an agent to get a Spurm doon and you must pay like two thousand dollars for counseling before you even they allow you to do it. And on top of that, it's the intimations, and then if you can't do that, then it's the IVF. And then in Melbourne, I think it's only it's like you can try inciminating only two times before you then have to get an IVF Rosen Queens and you can do.
Speaker 1: It's it's unlimited the time.
Speaker 3: It's like it's an expense and it's it's.
Speaker 1: All just a lot, you know, it is a lot. It is a lot.
Speaker 2: I would like to adopt, but that's even a harder process.
Speaker 1: I mean you can ask Rizzy adopted, Yeah, and she's adopted me. There's also like a whole thing around. When we have a child, it'll be my first blood relative. I only realized that the other day. I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Rizzy today for Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: No, you know I've already asked. You know, we've caught guys. If you've been wanting to hear from Mama holloway, trust me, we have tried. We recorded an entire episode for the last Mother's Day, and then she can it.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, yeah, maybe if everyone wrote a message dy and said really petitioned, she might come.
Speaker 2: Around to it.
Speaker 1: Well. Her campaign for French Connection came out cute.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my god.
Speaker 1: She was on confident on the day. You know what she's like, and she was. She saw the photos and she beamed. She's like, look at them. Pretty people from like her you know, career, like thirty years ago, who follow her on like they have each other on Facebook, like on my post because I tagged her, were like, oh, please tell Elizabeth. She's glowing and glowing everyone.
Speaker 2: She's cute. But one day today she caught someone a.
Speaker 1: Bustard. I mean, but do you know she's gotten sassier, Like she was never sassy.
Speaker 2: But she's sassy in this articulate, proper way.
Speaker 1: Except clusterfer, she says, clusterify makes cross Oh I love her. He was alicitous, bustard? Were you like she was going to forget? And just word of the day toilet paper? Can you please make your own word of the day toilet paper under the ash Foot brand? Oh my god? Actually, actually, can you imagine?
Speaker 3: I can't you learn one big word a day, like during the time, Yeah, yeah, the plicitus, the duplicitous, and then the next the next question one and the next graayer is in a sentence?
Speaker 1: Do you know you would actually sell out? Like you would just sell out of that item. I'm actually quite serious about to merche.
Speaker 2: Honestly. Can you imagine? My whole brand is pooh.
Speaker 1: I'll be like beautiful items that are so pouceful.
Speaker 2: Love live, love, love love.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can mose out seriously, though, you should do. We of the day toilet paper?
Speaker 2: Okay, we are we are.
Speaker 1: We are flipbooks, but like flip that we are working on.
Speaker 2: A lot more merch though.
Speaker 1: That's the top secrets and we've been saying that for many years, but we're actually on it, which we should probably go and work on anyway, is it. I love how we were like, let's do a full day of work together. It's two thirty and we've done.
Speaker 3: Like, you know how first our full day of work started, Let's go to our neighbor's house.
Speaker 1: Inspection was like three times ago. It was like, let's go visit the car and Philip islo.
Speaker 2: I was like, is the own home though? And then they were like, oh, I'm not sure, you know, they don't know who I am.
Speaker 3: So I walked past, I did a side, I did like a little nut. They're not and these two then walked in.
Speaker 2: They were like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But the two real estate agents out the front were like, why did you just walk past? And then you walk back again? And then your mom said one of them, I know. It was so fun.
Speaker 3: First day Basis I was like, oh my god, Oh well, guys, thank you so much for joining us for our first hour.
Speaker 1: Back in six weeks, we're both in the country for a little while. M hm, so we should be back on I feel like you also need to submit some topics like middle seat, like whole ish topics, untiversal topics, and defend your defend your perspective for us so we can broadcast it to the network.
Speaker 2: More polls, polls pronounce.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to the NT next week though, what Yeah, all rouen intrepid. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to Uluru. So this is the next Intrepid trip. I don't know how I've been to the Northern Territory so many times and never gone to.
Speaker 2: Want to go.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting.
Speaker 2: You know, if they're looking for another brand members, I'll send you my rates.
Speaker 1: I think I'll send them a right card. Wonder. I feel like if you could work in like you could do like a TikTok on about management during travel travel around the world.
Speaker 3: How to manage one undiagnosed ibsstro stop?
Speaker 1: No, don't use that.
Speaker 2: I can't spread for five days when use a gastro stop when I didn't need to.
Speaker 1: You know what really causes conservation is the anti nausea medication. Oh my god, I was like, I'm so blocked.
Speaker 2: So I'm so bad with medication.
Speaker 1: You know that I barely take you like have an arm amputating, and you're like, I don't need any pain making.
Speaker 3: Literally, give me eagle oil, meche, give me some pop up.
Speaker 1: I can just put some slaps and pop on there.
Speaker 2: Paper.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guys, the weirdness is back. Thank you so much for joining us, neighborhood. We'll be back with so much more in your ears. Please let us know what you want us to talk about next time, otherwise we will figure out some chaotic topic that makes no sense to anybody. And we are also still in the process of working out the rest of our inter stage tours, which obviously, since we haven't been in the same place, we're on pause. But I feel like we should do more tactile things.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Did you think about to I don't. I forgot to. Oh no, get them Okay, guys, we went ceramics how many years ago? Five years ago we went to and were like pick them up in three seven years ago, like picking them up in three weeks. We're still living.
Speaker 2: November two thousand and sixteen.
Speaker 1: I think they've melted them back down and Clay anyway, also tell us what you would like to do. Because we've done pin On Pocasta, I feel like we should do some like ceramics.
Speaker 2: Like the ceramic painting.
Speaker 1: Oh, or like paintball. No that hurts. I don't think you can't really bond anyway. What's your plighty?
Speaker 3: Now everyone's got a Valentine's pickup line, Find your friend.
Speaker 1: And the paint would be in like season. Oh my god, oh man, all right, thank you. I've said goodbye. I just don't want to let you guys go okay, bye bye