Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mom and Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on.
Speaker 1: I remember rocking with Macy and my eyes were burning because i was like so sick, and I'm looking over at my wife and she's like, don't give her back, don't give her back.
Speaker 2: The Baby Bubble with Claire and Jesse Stevens. It's definitely not a parenting advice podcast. Jess, I've noticed something about my baby. I've noticed a few things about your baby, but I choose not to say. Okay, Well, one skill she hasn't mastered yet is acting appropriately given the circumstances. So she can't read sort of the social environment, social cues. No, she's inappropriate. Do you find that? She kind of like you're sitting in a seat, then she'll start yelling, yelling, or she can't. It's like at this dinner table, we don't talk about politics, and she's like, who are we voting for her? Yeah, She's like, what do you think of Trump? And it's like Matilda. So the other week we were in hospital and it was actually a very scary time and it's like, Babe, you're being the drama. You're the drama. You're here for me. We're not in hospital for me, babe, We're in hospital for you. You're the fuss. Like I'm crying. The nurse is silent. There's a lot happening. Things are objectively terrible. Yeah, Matilda's clapping. Ah, she's laughing. You came to visit us, and you correctly observed. She thought it was a party.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 2: She looked around the hospital waiting room and went, you guys all here for me. I can dance. Hmm, not the vibe. The nurses would come around to check her and she's like, guys, be honest, how great is everything? Yeah? No, Everyone's like hmmm, no actually, And it's like there's a newborn that has been screaming in the room next door for a day and Matilda thinks it's music. Yeah, and he's doing a clap. No no, no, no no. We have to have you know what an hospital demands, decorum, reverence. Yeah, and she's a bit of reverence and I have never seen her display any reverence. Jess. She wakes up at three am and it's so quiet, and it's clearly a time for sleeping, just socially vibe wise or just rest just rested. She's giggling, she's chatting. I don't know, like a dream, she can't read a room. Maybe she has an imaginary friend. I think always that's my worst nightmare as a child who has a ghost, Yeah, an imaginary friend. And they're like, yeah, she died in the Second World War. Yeah, it's so creepy. Yeah. Yeah, I haven't told you that. I've got an issue with Luna at the moment, which is that every time I get into so, she's afraid of barths. Yeah I told you about this. She's afraid of bards. So we have to have a shower, and then we get in the shower and then she gets menipple.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: And so Luca came into my after him the other day and was like, oh, you've got your cozy out, and I was like, yeah, I gotta wear a bikini top in my shower now, and she gives me a nipple cripple and I look at her and go to be clear, I don't want to shower with you. I wanted my own shower. I've got to wash my hair, shave my legs. I hate this because my body's not under yeah, and I've got to wash you while not dropping you while you're being a slippery lip. Yeah, and if she's not going and then she thinks it's really funny. The other day she discovered my belly button. Do you know what it feels like to be poked really hard in the belly button because it feels like it's got some intestine or something. It's horrific. Read the cues. Our guest this week is Ash Wicks. He is one half of the Two Doting Dads podcast, where he and Maddie Jy swap stories about well being dad's. Ash is also known for his online skits showing the duality of parenting mum and dads and, most recently, because being a parent isn't enough of a full time job. Ash has just released his first children's book with Maddy j Two Doting Dads, The Quest for Free Time. That sounds so relatable, Ash, Can we get a snapshot of your family? How old are your kids?
Speaker 1: I've got a boy, Oscar who's five, and I have a daughter, Macy, who's going to be three in November.
Speaker 2: So what's the age? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bit over two, it's a little bit over to yeah, yeah, yeah two and done.
Speaker 2: That seems to be a trend. You're known for your viral videos on Instagram and TikTok. I see them a lot, and it's a lot about parenting and the relationship between sort of a husband and wife after kids. And one that I saw recently was about an example of you've dropped your kid off at daycare and your wife has some questions. What are some differences between how you might drop the kids off at daycare and how your wife would drop.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm known for a very quick drop.
Speaker 2: Off, dry by, kick him out pretty much pretty much.
Speaker 1: Carstill moving, Try like I did the double drop off this morning because my wife's sick and they go to two different daycares. Oscar's a like a daycare, Maye's more of a kindy. I don't even know really the difference, but I know one of them they feed them and the other one I've got to provide the food. Oh, one one they get fed, yeah, but the fees are ridiculous, but the other one is free. Thankfully my kids are indigenous, so they also get a little bit of benefit there. And really yeah oh wow, yeah, so it's a community one and they're like really great, Oh well.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, that's awesome. Do you ever accidentally pack a meal for the kid that gets a meal so one's getting two?
Speaker 1: No, but I do forget it and then I've got to go home. Yeah, but my drop off, I've mastered it. Don't look back. He's a good one. But I think like the kindis in the daycares that my kid go to are really good at like diffusing where it can go wrong. So like Oscar, he's kindy. They've got like a waving tree, so it's like you raise him and he's a boy, so everything has to be fast. Who's the fastest? Yea, And I'll race you to the tree and I'm on the other side of the fences too late. Yeah, So this morning we were pretty seamless, except that I can't drop one off without taking the other one like completely in and letting them have a walk around as well. And when you're in a rash sometimes that's usually when they're like, I go, bit, now, we'll good this morning. And my wife is very different to that, where it's like it's she's going to go in make sure everything is okay. Yeah, yeah, And you see the difference. Even for me, I'll walk in the same time as another parent and I'm way out the door before they even get close to the door.
Speaker 2: Is it intentional?
Speaker 1: Are you like?
Speaker 2: I won't engage because then I'm setting quite a high standard for myself. So if I just do the then they'll.
Speaker 1: Never expect to I'll yeah, look, there's definitely a hug. Don't get me wrong. It's not like out of there. It's look, I always like give them a hug. And if they're really bad and they're really unsettle, I do turn into a softy. I have gone back and picked Oscar up. I've seen him through the fence and I was like, nah, I can't do it. And we did an episode about that where I was like, I'd never seen him like that, and I went grabbed him. We actually sat down in a separate part of the playground and I think that day all of his friends that he would usually click with weren't there. And yeah, it just broke my heart and I just put him back in the car and he spent the day with me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going to say, did you spend the day day care? Your friends aren't here, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he just came home with me and we just did some stuff and I think he just pretty much watched me work.
Speaker 2: And I stood off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I try and set that everything's fine, everything's going to be fine, and they know that, and I think sometimes they just want to test you as well, and they're like, well, what can I get away with? Majority of the time, if there's a teacher there, they really love. It's really seamless.
Speaker 2: Speaking of work, you recently wrote a children's book.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do they think of it? Are they giving it reviews? Do they have some feedback?
Speaker 1: What do they think? They're a bit rattled because they don't know why their friends aren't in kids books because they're in the book. I've given one to the daycare and stuff like that, and they read it to the kids and all that sort of stuff. And my kids are like, why aren't they? And I'm like, oh, what have I done? But at the same time, I'm like, that's really cool. They really love it. They know the story inside and out now, so I can't skip pages at bedtime. It's really slowed down the bedtime read because they like to point out everything they're in it, and there's all I feel like there's a lot of illustration in it and a lot of for the kids to find something they didn't see the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a narcissism of kids. I know it's about it.
Speaker 1: Do you slow me down?
Speaker 2: And your little boy did he go as you for bookquick?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And how did that feel?
Speaker 1: It wasn't forced, it was actually his idea. Where I was away, we did the book launch that week, and we did a couple of pr things and I was in Perth. My wife message me and she said, he wants to go as you to book week this week. And I'm like, okay, I'm not back till Monday night and he' She's like, well it's later in the week, so you can get back and sort of out. And I painted and drew some tatooes all because the book illustrated was great. He wanted photo evidence of all my tatooes to try and line them up, which was really cool. I thought that was really cool. They're not like perfect, but a lot of them are like all the same shape. So I did what I could on him that.
Speaker 2: Was similar, and oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loved it and like the kids at his kindy sort of understood, but they were also they all went as like, you know, superheroes and princesses and stuff, and he said a couple of kids laughed at them, and I was just like, just ask him where their book is.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. It's a really easy thing, I think, to teach your kid how to bully others, because it's like, well, you're not in a kid's book, and your dad didn't write a book. What is your dad do? Yeah, yeah, exactly. That's a neurosurgeon. Shit, sounds like a loser.
Speaker 1: So he's got a heap of money.
Speaker 2: Asking for a friend. When you do your viral videos and you're doing a bit of an impersonation if your wife, do you ever cross the line and end up having a fight about it?
Speaker 1: Never, We've never once. She actually does all my spell checking. Really yeah, so if there's a video that goes up with there's a spelling mistake, she didn't check it. Okay, But I think when I first started on that journey, yeah, I didn't want to make fun of the relationship or I didn't want it to be a slapstick humor. I wanted it to be the tiny little moment that you have with someone that you don't think everyone else is having, and then when you see someone else have that moment, you're like, ah, shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all about.
Speaker 1: We're all having that. We're the biggest compliment I get is when people say do you live with us? They go, do you live with us? And that happens all the time, and some people misinterpret it and think that I'm making fun of her, but she absolutely loves it.
Speaker 2: What I love is it it's the subtle dig because I think as a parent, you realize you're sleep deprived, you've had a rough way, and there's one person you can take it out. Yeah, you get away with one. Yeah, you get away with two. It's normally about the third that your partner turns around and goes, you're just being a bitch today. Yeah, yeah, I probably am. Do you find that that there are subtle digs you can get away with? Like comments there was a great one that you did about For example, when you try and have two activities in one day. Oh yeah, the audacity.
Speaker 1: To don't go for a serve and go to the gym at the same time. Absolutely, unless you get two times away as well. It's not Also another one is doing the grocery shop alone. Yeah, and you're like, ah, I'll do the shopping. It's like no, no, no, no, no, I'm doing it. Or it's like take a kid, which one do you want? Which one is the less Wingey wants?
Speaker 2: It's a very different task that way. I want to know how you would describe your parenting style.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say relaxed. I'm not overly strict with my kids. I like them to show people respect, of course, like even at the young age, like the please and thank you are really obvious in my house. But also the swearing is pretty obvious in my house. I'm not one of those parents who's I can't swear around my kids because if I do that, I feel like they're gonna know it's a bad thing and they're going to do it pat my back.
Speaker 2: True, they're gonna be the kid that comes to school and yeah, dropping it.
Speaker 1: That's why I was. My parents never swore in front of me, and I got in trouble for swearing because I thought I was really cool to swear. But Oscar and Macy both know what the bad words are, and if one of them drops it, the other one always dobs on the other one. But they know not to say that because I don't watch my language as much as other parents would expect me to or want me to. I think like a fond memory for us. We're on a family trip, like an extended family trip in Fiji, wire around like the family pool that's at the resort. It was great, everyone was there, There's all these kids there, there's those pool noodles, and Oscar picks up a pool noodle, rests on the side of the pool and just goes fox safe. And that is exactly what my wife says all the time. That's her go to and it's usually in the car or something. So yeah, and look, they know it's a bad word, which is what I wanted, so that they know. If my kid's frustrated and he's angry and he needs to curse to bring himself back down, bro, go into your room and do it. But if I hear you ever say something to someone like then that's when it's going to be a problem. I've got some friends that are like really like free range parents that let the kids fall asleep river. We're pretty routine as best as possible, and that's sounds that's my wife. Really, I'm just following along.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I never categorize myself in a particular type of parenting. I feel like I'm not a professional at it. I'm just doing my best every day. And there's days where I'll look back and I'll go, why the fuck did I do that? Of why did I say that? Or what could I have done better? For sure, and that's going to be different every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. It feels like as a parent, like I don't remember making any decisions about how i'd parent.
Speaker 1: You just do.
Speaker 2: You never sit down and have a meeting and think, Okay, these are the kind of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they read books on like a particular style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like if that works for them, that's like I don't have a parenting podcast to judge other parents at all. Whatever works for you, guys is great. Like I said, I've got some free range parents friends which are great, and then I've got some really strict parents friends that also great. Their kids are great, They're great, and I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some days I'm like I think I'm just I mean, yesterday was bad parent, Yes it was my style today and be a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like we're all different. Also, kids are all different. If you've got two kids yourself, one is completely different to the other and they respond to things differently. Like Oscar will really respond when I start to raise the voice a little bit, the counting. I count to three a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a professional adrenaline of counting.
Speaker 1: And he knows Macy very different. She likes options, right, Yeah, so she's sassy. If you tell her to do something, she'll be like no. But if you go, okay, well you could do that or you could do this, what do you want to do? Then she'll make a decision. It usually work, or then I've got to start counting with her too, and she knows it's on crap.
Speaker 2: If he found the hardest part about parenting, I mean, you've got a toddler five year old, like you're nearly cut out of those totaling years. You've got a full blown kid. Now, what's been the hardest part from sort of sleep deprivation to tantrums?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the hardest part for us was Oscar was definitely a really really tricky baby. He had silent refluxs, all this stuff. As brand new parents, we don't know what the signs are for this stuff. So for the first five months, he slept forward minutes around the clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: So it spent two hours trying to get him to sleep forty minutes wake up screaming in pain. Yeah. So that was the hardest part.
Speaker 2: For us, because it's your first kit, you're like, it.
Speaker 1: Really took its toll on April actually, so early on we spent I think it was like eight weeks instant John of God to try and because she had post antal depression because she wasn't getting asleep. Yeah. Yeah, it was to the point where I think she went to a physio appointment for separation afterwards and didn't come home. Wow, and just she said, I just circled the block for hours, like I don't want to go back in there, and we knew there was a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't function with that, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there was probably the hardest part. I think, like you can't be prepared. You just don't know what you're going to get, right, So that was the hardest part for us. And the knock on effect to me as well, which it's you know, him not sleeping for so long was just so bad for our relationship, but both our mental health. We're still recovering from it, and it's five years later, and it's also traumatizing too, because there was a point there where I didn't want to have a second child because I was like, I hated the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And as horrible as that sounds to say you hated your kid, which now it makes me feel sad, but then it was the truth. I didn't want to have a second child because I'd be like, I can't do that again. Thankfully Macie was much easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny what you say about routine too. I find a lot of people who go to routine is important for us. They're people who know what it's like when the baby doesn't sleep, so it's like routine is the cure for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I always think if you're out and someone says I've got to go back and my baby has to have a nap, and you get some parents go on, my baby is to have a nap, I'm like, you don't understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go back in time. It's no sleep. It's exactly right, And like we sleep trained him and stuff a few times because obviously regression on has comes in. So we're at a point now where like both kids and I've got friends the same age kids that still have to sit in their room while the kids go to sleep. I can now just put my kids down and walk out, mainly because of how strict my wife has been with we need to keep this routine. We've just recently moved house twice in a month, and like even so there might be one night and then the next night they're back to normal because they're just so used to it, other than when they're sick, which is just another yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah week two week as well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of parenting being hard, you have a sect me us through the decision to get one.
Speaker 1: It was always April and I were going to be two. She now has said a few times she's like, oh I love a baby. I'm like, well you can still have one. It's not with me. Yeah. After the second one, it was obvious that we didn't want to go for a third. Some people might think that's selfish, but I didn't, and honestly, I stand by my decision. There was definitely a time there where I was like, I don't want to lose my superpower. Yeah, but that's ridiculous really, and men still think that the biggest question I get is like do you still come?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You idiot? God.
Speaker 2: That is because I actually don't know how.
Speaker 1: It's just a puff of air.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it works, Like what are they operating on?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I run you through it.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: First of all, I didn't want to do it because I was scared. Okay, like every man is.
Speaker 2: Secretly you'll scare your wife's given birth twice.
Speaker 1: Scared exactly exactly, but also like the barsol lof if we do it, we're a hero. Yeah, yeah, but every man is scared for someone fumbling around. I did it to try and get more sex because it gets to the point where she's like, I don't you know how how else are we supposed to have? She was like, well, if you had a sex with me, we wouldn't have to use any other birth control and.
Speaker 2: Her mental load for a very long times.
Speaker 1: And look, my argument wasn't That argument was like I was just and like you men are scared. They're more scared than you think. And then yeah, book it, your book it it's pretty broutine. It's like a convey Yeah you're awake for it. Yeah, shocker, you're meant to watch this video that's like to tell you that it's actually considered the irreversible procedure. Yeah, but you can reverse it for any amount of money. You can do anything right. And you go in, there's a waiting room full of victims, as.
Speaker 2: I like to call, do you do a little nod like we all know?
Speaker 1: I went yeah, you're all like yeah. And when someone comes out and you pretty much lay on a surgical bed or whatever, they've got this big thing that goes over that has a hole in the middle of it, which is like for any surgery. They numb you up. There's a lot of awkward tugging and some the smell of burning skin.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, look honestly it's not I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you recommend it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, totally. Yeah. I was so sweaty I stuck to the bed. Butter peeled me off afterwards. And then you go and you watch another video just because also as well, a lot of people like it's more mental for them than physical, I think, and for me not so much. I was like quite disconnected from it, and that's fine. Recovery was dumb. I got mine at four o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, and then I met the boys at.
Speaker 2: The pub celebrate.
Speaker 1: I ended up at a gay bar til about three am in the morning, and then I woke up in the morning clocked how many steps I'd done done fifteen thousand steps, and I was bruised up to my belly button.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was probably something in the paperwork about drinking. Yeah, it was the walking.
Speaker 1: Was the walking, and honestly being at a gay bar and everyone wanted to see my nuts.
Speaker 2: Didn't not today, not today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my next time I ever got it like two weeks later, and he was like two days he was fine. So the recovery is since it's funny though once someone gets it that you know the knock on effects of everyone getting So my mother's group, which we are strong from Oscar so five years we all go away together. We just had lunch with him over the weekend, just the parents, thank god there was enough babysitters for all of us. And one of the other boys had just had it. Then there's all this negotiation between couples of if you'd get it. All the blokes is perker. We're doing this. Even some of them were booking it in at the restaurant. Wow, men are easy to manipulate.
Speaker 2: Okay, so true, and just take one for the table.
Speaker 1: Totally. The bar is so low. Take this low bar for the team. I'm glad I did it. It is funny when people still ask if you come because you do.
Speaker 2: Honestly, great piece of information.
Speaker 1: I was not sure it was fun.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a ten second play by play of the chaos of your morning before you got here?
Speaker 1: So this morning, well, let's just go back to last night. I got home about eleven thirty. Macy woke up at about twelve thirty. It took me two hours to get it back to sleep because she just has a horrific cough. She's like dry reaching yeah, yeah, yeah it was, but also like in my face, I don't want to get it straight down to kindy. One. Kindy had to get both kids out of the car obviously, and then one melting down because he didn't want to stay there. Oh do you know what he did? Actually, I forgot. He was in the back of the car and he picked a scab on his knee. Oh, so that kicked off. He was like, can you give me a bandate, bro, I'm driving. No, I would never I said, I said, I don't have one. Where am I going to get one from? And I'm driving, So there was that. And then Macy hasn't been to Kindy for two weeks, so there was a little bit of a separation anxiety there. Yeah, just had to get on with it.
Speaker 2: I suppose how many hours sleep did you get?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice? Nice, you don't feel human, You're just Yeah.
Speaker 1: We recorded a podcast this morning. Then I fell asleep on Matt's couch.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely.
Speaker 1: They got a video of me snoring, and then I got up and came here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, thank you so much for making the time. We really appreciate it, and we hope you maybe can squeeze in an afternoon.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for having me crab crap crap advice.
Speaker 2: Before we get into today's dilemma, did you know that we have an entire podcast dedicated to airing out parental related fuck ups? Claire, we haven't been guests yet, but we're bloody better be because I have a list I keep in my fie. I know, Mike, excuse me, I'm waiting for the call. I have this unlimited content. So part of our This Glorious Mes podcast, which has been a staple of the Mum and mea podcast family for a decade. Parents Anonymous is part church confessional, part game show. It's where you our listeners share your deepest, darkest parenting confessions and Annalise and Stacy score them using our completely made up scoring system. If that sounds like a bit of you, or actually, if you have one you would like to contribute, then follow the link in our show notes to listen to more new episodes that are out every other Thursday. Okay, onto today's problem. Dear Clara and Jesse. I have a ridiculous dilemma. Wow, this is a very serious show, and now you're being silly. I have a six month old and something has been playing on my mind. He looks absolutely nothing like me. I have brown hair, he's blonde. I have brown eyes, he has blue eyes. I'm short, he's really long. I like how we have Toby long not tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder what stage you call them tall? Maybe when they're standing. There are no feature that resemble me at all. And the older he gets, the more he's looking exactly like his dad. Everyone stops to say they're twins, and I'm sick of it. I'm the one he gave her to him. I'm the one feeding him and doing the majority of the caring for him. Why does he have to be the spitting image of my husband? No, I'm kidding, it's very important. I know it's silly, but I really want him to look like me. I imagined a child with my features, and now I have a tiny version of the guy I live with. Help, Jesse, do you have any ideas?
Speaker 1: So much?
Speaker 2: Because what no one needs is two of their husband. When you go and have a baby, you don't see your husband. I'm going to give birth to another one of the guy who sneezes too loud in this home. That is a nightmare. And I often look at my husband and I say, you are Luna. Yeah, I am looking at my daughter. Do daughters want to look like their fathers? I certainly don't do. We've talked about this. When I've had a few drinks. I go into the bathroom at a bar and I cry because I say, I look like my father. Okay, Matilda doesn't look like her father. Matilda looks like her grandfather, which is maybe worse. Look this could have been written by me, and I understand why this person is upset. First order of business, and this is very serious, is to demand a maternity test. The way you do that is that you go on Maury Yovich. I wonder if Maury is still on. I don't know, doy die No, no, I think he's still alive. But it was always you are not the father. There was a man who I think fathered like four hundred children that was a real Yeah, he was always the father. That was a series, that man, he was always a father. But the producers stumbling across him, we're set for the next year and a half of episode, and just women would come forward, Yeah, my baby too, and on that, on demanding a maternity test, I would just say, are you certain you had a baby?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Just have a thing about that time period, because you could have got a little bit mixed up, because it doesn't sound like that baby's physically. Another way to address it would be to sue the hospital. M call the hospital, say I'm suing there's been a mix up. Waste time, waste money. Yeah, and just say I was promised a baby and what I got was a mini husband. Yeah yeah, yeah, And why do you do that? Why did you do that? Speak to the doctor. It also seems that your genes are I mean this word respectfully limp. And that's how I feel about my genes when it comes to my bad They got overpowered. They got overpowered. So the question is, yeah, yeah, the question is if we're going to go on for a second or third whatever, then what are we going to do to strengthen our genes? What are you? I'm not a doctor, but maybe take magnesia or I reckon iron would help. Yeah, super foods. Yeah. I read a lot about flax seeds, and I just think that if you had a smoothie with flax seeds, yeah, every day. Yeah, then I think your genes would be stronger and the next one would come out looking more like you. Great idea, What a great idea. Definitely something that we're aligned on is that idea of maternity. Yeah, can you prove it? Are you sure? Because I think to create chaos you actually accuse your husband or cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you say you had an affair and he's like, even if I did, what does that have to do with our baby? Well, it's not mine, it's not mine, it's hers one man who had him. But you gave birth. You can't be sure of that. M You can't be sure of that. You can only be sure if you go and get a test. Yeah, which I think is like a cheeks. Well, I've seen it in maybe some quiet documentaries. Yeah, so I think I didn't even offer it. Like, do you think a maternity test place? If you rang up and you said I'd like to do a maternity test, what do you think they'd say? Ah, I mean if you're paying for it, running out like a business, I think they'd be like, that's perfectly fine, that's absolutely fine. So definitely accuse your husband of cheating. Yeah, really, like and I reckon, like really blow things up, and then everyone's like, oh my god, like how did you catch him? And you're like, have you seen our sign? Have you seen us sign? Not my son? Everyone's like cool, They're like, we saw you pregnant. Anyway, That's just one root. Another route hair dye contacts. I've wondered this. You need to go full toddlers and tiaras with your six months old and you need to take him to the hairdresser, die his little blonde hair brown. Yep, get some brown contact lenses and then take him home and everyone will say, oh, looks like your husband, but has your coloring. M that's because it's fate my baby. A complain that I have about my little lunar is that she's quite olive. Yeah, she has some pigment unlike her mum m m. She makes me look really unwell. Yeah, I no, she does a beautiful people like in we never get a good photo of us together. Yeah, because next to her it looks like I haven't seen sunshine in two years. Whereas Matilda she glows white. She glows white. She makes you look hot, she makes it look cliet, you've just come back. Yeah, Hi, Yeah, she really really does. We hope you enjoyed this episode of The Baby Bubble and didn't find anything remotely helpful. If you enjoyed this podcast, we'd love it if you'd scroll to the part of the app you're listening on and leave a little review. The Baby Bubble is produced by Taylor Strano, with audio production by Teagan Sadler. We will see you next week. Bye bye.