Speaker 1: Welcome to Very Perry. I'm annealse Todd. I'm a writer here at Mamma Mia, and I am in Perry. Menipose well, I think I am like It's hard to know, right. I mean, I'm a forty two year old single mum, constantly wide yet tired. I feel like I'm on my last nerve in situations that I used to handle with ease, and my period is about as confused as.
Speaker 2: A chameleon at a skittles factory. So we're learning this stuff together.
Speaker 1: I will hold your hand if you promise to hold mine. So we've brought together twenty five of the world's leading experts in women's health to help sort this shit out for us and to keep things simple, yes please. We've mapped out seven main sessions, each on different pery symptoms. There's this session on what is going on? Help my vagina is broken? As we look at jenity, rinary syndrome and rogue periods, the truth about hormones and HRT, weight gain and perry and what to do about it, managing the mental load, a sleep boot camp in Reclaim your Nights, Yes Please, and loss of identity and how to find the right support. Plus a bonus section on sex and skin and hair. I'm looking forward to that one. Each session features specialist women's healthcare experts as we ask what the is going on? Yes, so I would say that a great way to think about perrymunipries is purity and reverse and then we ask now what with an expert panel session discussing management options and actionable steps we can do right now. And as a little treat at the start of each session, good friend of Mamma Mia, comedian Kath Mahoney will be catching up with doctor Ginny Mansburg, who is a master at explaining what's going on without the confusing medical lingo. Okay, here's Kath and doctor Ginny in our first session.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome to Very Perry. I'm doctor Ginny Mansberg. I'm a GP mainly of midlife women. I'm also an author and I mainly see women about perimenopause symptoms. And if some women think that they know exactly what Perry is like, it's a bit of hot flushes and maybe a few mood things, right, that is just maybe five percent of the story. Did you know that there are so many other symptoms and before I tell you what they are, let me introduce my really good mate Cas.
Speaker 2: Mahoney, we might have had one or two of these. I've had quite a lot of those. Yeah, should we play Peri Bingo? I would love to play Perry Bingo. Let's go. Okay, what have you got? Hit me first?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What have I got? Well, I've got a bit of brain fag.
Speaker 3: Obviously, eighty percent of you will have that, so that's normal.
Speaker 2: Yeay, tick hot sweats. Yeah, about seventy five to eighty percent of women.
Speaker 3: We'll get that too, ekey, yes, seventy five percent of women.
Speaker 4: I was like, I just kept doing COVID test, so what is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: It's like not COVID?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. What about things like itchy skin?
Speaker 2: Yes? Really common. Have you ever felt like bunks are crawling on your skin?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But bugs have crawled on my skin.
Speaker 4: But that's because we live in Australia.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can't blame Harry for that. Oh, that's that's just the cockcroaches in my building. What about your guts?
Speaker 3: Like, have you been a bit sparty, bit blow ty that kind of thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but technically I feel like I've been windy since I was born, so I don't know if I can put that in the Perry category.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wendy mahoney, No, Windy mahoney. I love that.
Speaker 4: What about palpitations, Yes, which I which are like anxiety causing, aren't they?
Speaker 2: I was like, is this a hard to like what's going on? Yes?
Speaker 3: For forty two percent of women get palpitations, even unrelated to anxiety, which, by the way, in some studies, up to sixty five percent of women get like the mood stuff.
Speaker 2: Have you had any of that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think my teenage son would say yes, that mum has had strange rays not being emptied over the Apple Core in his bedroom a week later, Perry, or is it just having a teenager?
Speaker 2: That's having a teenager and Perry, you are not alone? That is so common. Okay. What about your vagina? How she going? Well? You know, she's probably a nine out of ten.
Speaker 4: She's probably traveling a bit drier than she used to be.
Speaker 2: Is that normal?
Speaker 3: Tick?
Speaker 2: Love that one for you.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. What about migraines. Have you had migraine?
Speaker 4: Yes, but I've always had hormonal migraines.
Speaker 2: Tinatus, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Up to thirty percent of people get tinatus, which is the ringing in your ears, but also like vertigo, which I think is a really weird symptom, but it's so, so, so common. But we've got forty symptoms now that have all been attributed to perimenopause, some of which we can explain with biology, some of which you've got no idea why they happen. But if you are one of the people who's actually experiencing all of that, we have got you because we are having all of the main experts.
Speaker 2: They're going to be here talking to us.
Speaker 3: Explaining everything, but most importantly like what you can do about it, So you're not left standing there going I have no idea what is my next step.
Speaker 2: You are going to feel empowered.
Speaker 3: You're going to feel like you are so glad that you have joined upcause you're going to have a plan and a path forward.
Speaker 4: Love this for us.
Speaker 2: Thanks Genny.
Speaker 1: Justa reminded that doctor Jenny is a doctor, but she's not your doctor, and information discussed in this session is general in nature.
Speaker 2: Please speak with your own health care provider.
Speaker 1: Okay, settle yourself in because in the next session on what the is going on, we have international perimenopause expert doctor Etuner Johnson shog Pratun explaining it's not all doom and gloom. So the more knowledge and the more prepared you are to be able to navigate this fees, I actually let you realize that it is something that can we celebrate.
Speaker 2: It can even be enjoyed.
Speaker 1: And I know that sounds like, oh my gosh, enjoy all these symptoms, but actually can make you more aware of your own body. Very Perry was created by Mama Mia. Hi.
Speaker 3: I am hollywayen Wright and sometimes twenty minutes soure you've got in your day for exercise?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: That's why we have Chantal, our expert trainer, to make us move. Strength series that's short, sharp and done in twenty.
Speaker 2: Minutes without leaving the house, just ten minutes a couple of times a week.
Speaker 3: Created for the Perry and Meno years.
Speaker 2: No hectic challenges, no Jimber leaderboards.
Speaker 1: Just fitness that feels good.
Speaker 2: Ready to feel stronger.
Speaker 3: We're giving you three months completely free.
Speaker 2: Hit the link in the notes and let's move together.