Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey spillers, if you love Bridgeton as much as I do, and I know you do because it is the biggest show in the world. Did you know Mama Mia has its own Bridgeton podcast. It's part of our watch Party series. There's a link in the show notes to our entire series of Bridgeton episodes, including some about the brand new just dropped Part two. Wasn't it Amazing? I wanted to give you a little sneak peak today of the things we talk about, all the big issues like what John's death really means, the behind the scenes of those absolutely epic sex scenes that I have not recovered from, and the most important question they left us with at the end, just who is Whistledown two point zero enjoy?
Speaker 3: So at the end of episode eight, show hands us a gift. There is a new whistle Doown.
Speaker 1: I just want to float my own boat that I did say that they should do this.
Speaker 3: They heard this podcast.
Speaker 1: I said, let's take a page out of Gossip Girl's book and let's spin things around a little bit. And that's what they've done. Well.
Speaker 2: Jess Brownell admitted that they've gone rogue here. This never happened in the books. And remember in the books, Colin's book is after Benedict's. So reading this book and offer from a gentleman. We don't know who Lady Whistledowan is. But look, we have discussed the role of gossip in this podcast previously and the most important part is that it was real. These scandal sheets were real. The most famous was the Teta tet column in Town and Country magazine, which we would all be subscribers to if we lived in this time.
Speaker 1: Is that even mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Head to head? Ah. So history tells us all about women like Elizabeth Johnson, who edited the Sunday Monitor, and Elizabeth Archbald, who wrote gossip for the World Newspaper. It's an era where women couldn't vote, they couldn't own property, but they could be the most powerful person in society by writing these gossip sheets. But they didn't name names like our mate Penelope.
Speaker 3: So I was curious after we realized that it was Penelope, why she wasn't doing the voiceover and why they kept it as Julie Andrews. So in the end episode, I don't know if you guys noticed this that Julia Andrews does deliver the latest whistle down slightly different like o Cadence the syntax of how she's speaking to do you guys notice?
Speaker 1: Yes, and everyone online has also noticed, and that kind of weaves into the theories about who it could be. Particularly the biggest evidence is that they think it is a man. They thought that the language was stronger, harsher, and that is how a man speak less whimsy. See.
Speaker 2: I read a lot of comments in this reddit deep dive I did where they think that the voice sort of morphed into the voice of Valley, the Featherington's ex housekeeper and now the pen housekeeper. Now Julie Andrews is still narrating it, and that is still Julie Andrews's voice. And if you're a fan of hers like I am, you know that one of her most famous roles was Eliza Doolittle. The woman can do Cockney lower class accent. So that's still Julie Andrews doing the vo like a pro. Now, Jess BROWNO in the past has hinted at looking at the people who keep these homes magnificent, which made people think it was Vali. She's the ultimate gossip right, She knows all the Featherington's secrets. She's a master of forgery. We saw that in season two with the estate papers. But I would say Vali's absolutely not an option. I have a lot better theories.
Speaker 3: Say Okay, let's dive into this because this is the thing we're the most excited about to discuss live. I'm going to hand it over to you to tell us what everyone is saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So I've done a lot of investigation on TikTok. TikTok comments are the best place on earth, and I would like to read you I have three Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land. We have recorded this podcast on the Gadigal people of the Oronation.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to their elders past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander cultures.