Speaker 1: We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land we're recording on today.
Speaker 2: I hope this is going to be bad.
Speaker 1: I can just tell by the way you're doing your evil smile.
Speaker 2: I'm not even putting it on my list. It is just no, I'm just gonna be setting myself up for foil. You're fuck cut that.
Speaker 3: On the list again.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, welcome back, shit It Oh Happy twenty twenty five. It is a brand spanking new year and a brand spanking new season of your all time favorite podcast, Eat, Sleep, Shit, Repeat, the unhinged podcast about the madness that is motherhood and everything in between. I'm Kelly McCarran.
Speaker 1: Way to break the vibes, I'm Ki Resells, and to kick things off for the year, We're talking goals.
Speaker 2: Baby, indeed we are, and we want to know what your goals are for the year, So let us know in the Facebook group because I'm very no and I want to know everyone's I want to know everything about everyone all the time. But like, I love goals, and I just love our enthusiasm every January. It's kind of nice that we start off every with such gung honess, like you never lost our spark or yeah, even before we were doing it, I was always doing my goals, and I just I have such gumption in January. Well, we want to believe that the year is going to be better than the last. But as it progresses, we get more and more unhinged. And before we.
Speaker 1: Start on our twenty twenty five goals, Curl wants us to check.
Speaker 2: In on our twenty twenty four goals to see how we went. I will say, technically you wanted to do a check in in November last year. I thought it might be fun, and I realized now that was a big mistake because I think you achieved more.
Speaker 3: I actually did one more than you out of your goals.
Speaker 2: One more counts. Yeah, but it's when you get to them. Wait, so you have looked at the script? No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Uh, but you told me you're like, suck it.
Speaker 2: I actually achieved three and you're on in a chief two So the worst person.
Speaker 1: Oh dear me.
Speaker 2: All right, So to start off with key, so I haven't let her look at my little script where I put in what our.
Speaker 1: Goals were last year, A very secret.
Speaker 2: I was like, you just prepare what your goals are for the upcoming year because we need to have a bit of a giggle. I was just having such a laugh. But to summarize what you did achieve, oh larting under higher, like, well, you finished that, you're pregnant with your second baby, You're in a great place in your relationship, you launched a second podcast, and you traveled Europe with a toddler for over a month. Go me. I think that that is so impressive. Yeah, that is, thank you.
Speaker 3: And two of those things were on your list.
Speaker 2: Oh great. So you wanted to be in a really great place in your relationship supporting Charlie because you felt like maybe last year he supported you, like it wasn't as as equal. And I think that you've done a really great job with that. And you also wanted to nail told the parenting. And I know that you don't feel like you are, but I think you're doing a pretty damn good job. Thank you, doing the best that you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little bit niche to nail toddler parenting while also pregnant.
Speaker 3: I think it's like, so just nailing told the parenting.
Speaker 1: Is hard to throw in.
Speaker 2: Very very lack of resilience and tolerance.
Speaker 3: You've just had a bit of a fuse.
Speaker 2: You had a bit of a year last year as well, wasn't It wasn't an easy ride.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I know this.
Speaker 2: Is going to be bad.
Speaker 1: I can just tell by the way you're doing your evil smile. But it's not an evil I can't wait to tell her how shit she's also been.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a funny choice of words, because one of your big goals for the you don't was to get your digestive track sorted shut up.
Speaker 1: That was not one of my goals.
Speaker 2: And to poop every day that was not a goal, surely not. So I would just like to know how that went.
Speaker 1: Well, a big fat fail.
Speaker 2: It did not go to the rescue because I'm full of.
Speaker 1: Ship, I really am, and was full of.
Speaker 2: Shit, id isn't it. When I was listening to this audio, I had tears. Oh Hans, I'd like to poop every day?
Speaker 3: Well how did that?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh? I just couldn't have gone any worse.
Speaker 3: It actually could not have gone worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being admitted to hospital and people trying to actively get you to ship.
Speaker 2: It's not a good no time. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, failed.
Speaker 2: Now this one I'm unsure of because I think you like half did it. I'm not sure how you feel about it, though, So you wanted to get a handle on the whole freelance thing. You did start a second podcast. I did.
Speaker 1: Look, I actually made the equivalent of what I would have made had I stayed on four days of work in like a nine to five job.
Speaker 2: So that was a that is a goal huge.
Speaker 1: It's funny because my account was like, you had a very good year, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I did.
Speaker 3: I did not know.
Speaker 2: I did not think that.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like we're a little bit harsh on ourselves.
Speaker 3: So congratulations, that's great.
Speaker 1: I think I broke even of what I would have made, which is great. I do wish I had have gone above and beyond, but I think I did what I was capable of.
Speaker 2: Given the year that you can have had. Yeah, yeah, for sure that next year, even with a newborn.
Speaker 1: Even with a newborn, maybe you can soar even a higher.
Speaker 3: I think that you will.
Speaker 2: Did you find a hobby? Hell? Is your pottery going lottery? Yeah? Did you have any tales to tell or some work to maybe show us?
Speaker 1: There was no throwing of the of the pots, the claim the clay. There was no throwing of the cla. There was no carving, there was no killing as well.
Speaker 2: It was like, well it's called I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there wasn't much time for a hobby. I tell you what what I did pick.
Speaker 2: Up though, Do you think that's a bit of an excuse. I think my.
Speaker 1: Hobby was complaining about being pregnant. I think you laid by the way.
Speaker 2: You absolutely nailed that one, and also maybe in a series of many, many unfortunate events like being full of shit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there wasn't enough room for a hobby because the ship was taken up all my energy. And how are the stand up classes going? Because mine aren't going well.
Speaker 1: I don't even think I googled them. I did continue to think about it throughout the year, like I've got to do that stand up with girl but.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, epic fail on that one too. Yeah, it seems like the hobby hobby.
Speaker 1: Kind of ones aren't great for us.
Speaker 2: Speak for yourself. Oh, apologies, I'm waiting to hear your list of war of nailed Why I didn't say any hobbies. To be fair, I've got enough if I don't need it anymore. Yeah, you're like the Queen of hobbies. It's quite annoying.
Speaker 3: It's just also so dorky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it fits the bill, you know. All right, this is another one. I was unsure of how you felt about it. Have you been a good friend?
Speaker 3: You did have a bit on.
Speaker 1: I haven't been the greatest friend, No, but I have been honest.
Speaker 3: Could even just checking your messages to be fair?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well it's cool being depressed.
Speaker 2: Cow.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I had the capacity to be like a stellar, above and beyond friend. But I did what I could, and I showed up when I could.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think you're a bad friend at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was a bad friend, but I felt like I wanted to probably be there more. But I was very conscious of the fact that I just wasn't actually coping.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure if someone needed you, you would have been, but maybe you couldn't reach out to figure out if someone was okay in the same capacity that maybe you usually would. But if someone came to and said, hey, it's not like you just don't respond or for sure, I think that it was just more like I couldn't go above and beyond in a friendship. I think I was just very insular. Yeah, I'm going to be completely honest, and I need this advice to myself. I actually don't think it's possible to be an above and beyond friend when you've got really little kids. And I'm not just saying that that sounds like a bit of a pop out, but it's just they take up so much of your energy. No.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a really good point because I remember when I saw Dolly Alderton live last year. She obviously doesn't have any kids, but she said a lot a lot of her friends have gone on to have kids, and she said it was like such a weird transition in your thirties that no one really talks about. It's like either you have kids or you don't have kids, and she said it was a really tough time to navigate.
Speaker 2: But what the beautiful thing was about it is that as the kids.
Speaker 1: Get older and you don't have to worry about them as much or be there as they get older, essentially those friendships become even deeper because there is time there for them to be invested in.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's like, it's just holding space for those friendships during that time, and I was like, that's actually really true.
Speaker 2: It's good advice. And I think anyone that does get frustrated, and I know how frustrating it would be when your friends aren't there in the capacity that you need them to be. Yeah, But as long as you just hold space through different periods, I think so.
Speaker 3: And you know, we have to.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people cannot show up the way that we want them to all the time, and I think it's that we put our expectations onto other people. Yeah. I have a girlfriend who was recently talking to me about this, and she's like, I just feel like people don't put the same effort with me as I do with them. And then she goes, I feel like such a silk saying that, and I said, oh my gosh, you are so like entitled and valid with your feelings, and it's so good that you can express them. But the problem is, and I've even said this to my sister before when she's been winging about like something her husband ditch. He doesn't put thought into his presence. Just because you do something a certain way, you can't have an expectation that other people do it like that. Everyone has like a different love language and the exactly way of showing up for sure, And I.
Speaker 1: Think that's a really good reminder. In fact, like it doesn't always come as naturally to different people, different ways of you know, connecting or making an effort. Like everyone's got their own way of doing things. Doesn't mean that they don't love your care any less. But the same way in which you give love is not necessarily how you are going to be able to receive that love from someone else exactly.
Speaker 2: And depending on what point we are in our lives, we have different ways of being a good friend. Like I don't have that much time, yeah for weekends away and you know, weekly dinners out and that sort of thing, but I know that when I am with someone they will get my undivided attention totally. Yeah, And I'm a very good listener, which is probably a little bit surprising because I talk over people. But you also do get this thing when your eyes got glazed, tell me if I'm a bit bored, but like I usually wouldn't be bored hopefully when talking to someone that happens alone on this okaytics, Okay, so those were yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, that wasn't too bad.
Speaker 2: It's just funny the ones that you deal. It's not like you failed your relationship or yourddler. Yeah, in that case you would have been welles Now going back, I guess no, that was quite nice.
Speaker 1: Thanks for kind of presenting it in that way too, of relativity, bit of encouragement, enthusiasm and the lulls of course.
Speaker 2: All right, what can we do you now? Yeah, so let's start off with the fails. Oh we're going backwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, love it.
Speaker 3: How do you think my year of health? Take two went?
Speaker 1: Third times a charm?
Speaker 2: It went terribly.
Speaker 1: Take two was not look at me, to be fair, you did have like kind of a misdiagnosis that kind of.
Speaker 2: Listed brain aneurysm that wasn't a brain aneurysm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that fucked you up, like mentally. I think that was a lot of stress to be carrying around for what was it, six months? Yeah, yeah, I really feel for you on that.
Speaker 2: And then like a proper diagnosis of pots. But that isn't really a real thing at the salt thing, Yeah, it's like, but that actually is because like I still do get really giddy and sometimes we almost a giddy Oh shit, gotta have some salt, Gotta have some salt. It also explains why I've always. I always just thought I was lazy. But why I hated being upside down? Yeah, like I hate being doing bear crawls and that.
Speaker 3: Sort of thing at the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like just avoid it. But it's actually because of the pots.
Speaker 3: It makes me so dizzy.
Speaker 1: The pots are so funny. It's funny that it's even cooled that.
Speaker 3: I know my sister will be like pots. But anyway, Yeah, so the year of hell far did not go well.
Speaker 2: Well, can I actually flip that?
Speaker 1: And the fact that you don't have a brain aneurysm, that's oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Yes, okay, it's great.
Speaker 1: Well, it was.
Speaker 2: Pretty scary for a moment. Then remember when you announced that you have a brain aneurysm and how upset you were.
Speaker 3: I was like, will I die?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and then you got the no, you're not going to die.
Speaker 3: And then I had a panic attack. I was going to get very fit.
Speaker 1: Well, but you haven't going to the gym a little bit?
Speaker 3: No, I have not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to make you feel better.
Speaker 2: It's not helping. My goal was to start swimming once a week. No, I have not swum once. Barley cout no like laps It's funny because, like the other day, I actually found my spade o's and my goggles and my yeah that I purchased yeah last year, well sorry two years ago now in an attempt to get my swimming back on track. That might have been an easy one too. I know.
Speaker 1: I think we needed to like a quarterly check out goals and remind us.
Speaker 2: I was just asked, Okay, how did our eat, sleepshit, repeat, launch with like meat and greet go the event that we've talked about for years.
Speaker 1: Well, it's happening this year, so I guess that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's our goal for the year.
Speaker 2: Well we just moved it shuffle five. Yeah, well that wasn't our fault was a little bit. Did my news let her make her comeback? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You've got to do that, although I know that it is a lot of work. I think you should do like a monthly one.
Speaker 3: Did I get my leg veins removed?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But can we do that together once this baby's out. Yeah, I didn't like to do that.
Speaker 2: You won't be able to wear your breastfeeding, although I think winter is probably a great time to do it. Yeah. Yeah, my sister in law got it done though, and she did have the most amazing things to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the technology is way different to what it used to be, Like when my nana got.
Speaker 2: It done, I didn't even want to think about that. Nailed, so nailed, moving onto nailed so as I smugly said, I did reach three okay, but like one of them is a bit like, oh, okay, cal we went on a holiday. That was one of my big goals. I love that. Financially, I was like, I think I had a goal financially, there you did, and then you made me not say what the figure was, So then I was like, fox sake, key, what was the bloody figure?
Speaker 3: But I know that, like.
Speaker 2: Our mortgage has been reduced so significantly that we are looking at houses.
Speaker 1: So that's exciting.
Speaker 3: So that's very exciting.
Speaker 2: And guess how much this place has increasing value in three esma three.
Speaker 1: Hundred thousand dollars one hundred thousand a year filipp An Egg.
Speaker 2: Right, that's really good, I know.
Speaker 1: So you're going to sell this and buy something else potentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did do my four seasons of nipple. I missed like two games all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were really consistent with that, and that's fuckingpic.
Speaker 2: I miss so many other things because I'm like, no, I am committed to.
Speaker 1: My Yeah, you really were committed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it. So I can't wait for it to start again this year. That's so exciting. Okay, moving on to our twenty twenty five goals. All right, ky Reese, kick things off. Did you categorize yours again? I did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did. My categories for twenty twenty five goals are career as follows, are as, follows, Korea, businesses, relationship, parent, friend, and personal. Oh so there's a few there, but I feel like it's they're not unreachable goals, which is what I feel like. I've become a bit.
Speaker 2: More realistic and my approach to these goals. The feedback that I gave you last year that you didn't ask for, was it. They need to be somewhat realistic. Yeah, and tangible, not just totally. You know, they need to be I'm going to get fit. It needs to be like I'm going to do pilateis three times a week type thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Okay, So let's start with Korea, my personal career, nothing to do with the podcast. I've kept them separate by the end of twenty twenty five, I want to have had a gig by myself, not as like a duo, even though we're posting.
Speaker 2: No, it's a different it's a different thing. I want to do a brand shoot, like a proper brand shoot. I want to do one panel, and I want to try to increase my income by twenty percent.
Speaker 1: That is a big, sloppy goal.
Speaker 2: They are amazing, really excited for them because I think that like the year, I think they're very doable. Oh my god, I love those I want to steal those ones. They're really good. I don't want to be on a panel. Yeh do it. Fantastic goals. It look quite good.
Speaker 1: Like three things that I haven't done before.
Speaker 3: We've done a brand show.
Speaker 1: Well when you and oh that's true. Yeah, but more so like a brand that I work with, Well, I do work.
Speaker 2: You're a sad company every week I do.
Speaker 1: That's really true, but something like me because.
Speaker 2: Oh not with Yeah. We decided that that wasn't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't like a general yeah us.
Speaker 2: Because the money you could probably increase your income by two hundred percent.
Speaker 3: If you want to do that.
Speaker 1: We'll link that episode in the show notes. If you want to revisit the money, then you can make businesses.
Speaker 2: So my businesses are the two podcasts that I have, my One with You my Mom with Lucy, so sponsored fifty percent of the time, so two out of four weeks a month.
Speaker 1: I think that's a healthy goal. I think that's great relationship.
Speaker 2: So are you on the one business goal? Well, yeah, I just thought i'd start with sponsorship. No meat or great. Oh yeah, the meet and greets on there, but that's a definitely happening thing. Okay, it's not even a goal. Okay, I'll put.
Speaker 1: It on there. Relationship so scheduled time with Charlie and I to connect and hang so, okay, I want to hang out with him.
Speaker 2: Scheduled sex huh No, not scheduled sex. But I actually got this.
Speaker 1: I cannot claim it. I got this idea off one of my girlfriends. Her and her husband told us that they were doing it, and I was like, oh my god, this is genius. So three Friday mornings a month, We're actually gonna hire a nanny for the morning. So next year my work week will be Monday to Thursday working. I'll still have the baby for some of it, and then on the Friday, I'll have both kids, so we're gonna get a nanny from the morning from like nine till twelve that morning. Charlie and I are gonna do things that we did before we had kids, that we loved and we just can't do now. So go for a run together, get brecky. I love that, like really simple things that you just don't get to do.
Speaker 2: And it will just become your routine. And it's not like it can get interrupted because well, I mean unless the nanny sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, which was just fine. She can come the week after. Yeah, it'll be quite flexible, but it'll mean that like he'll get into work a little bit later that day, but I might still have like.
Speaker 2: An hour and a half get a message that plate class or something just.
Speaker 1: For exactly, and we don't have to go for a run together, like one of us could do a class and then we'd come meet up for breakfast. But just like having some one on one time that isn't on a weekend or in the evening, like in the day time.
Speaker 2: I think we've really been missing.
Speaker 1: Making sure that we do one like Friday Saturday night a month, like going out to dinner together.
Speaker 3: A lot of time together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we spend so much time together, but Rhu's always there.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, so we're trying to remove her from these the equation and then he actually suggested this one. So that was like a date. Yeah, but just a day something that we're really scheduling. Yeah, that's actually a non negotiable once. Okay.
Speaker 1: I love that instead of just kind of add hoc here and there, like actually having something and alternating who organizes?
Speaker 2: Oh, I used to do that, So you plan something.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be like, it could just be whatever those summer movies are. You know, I've got outdoor cinema like something like that, or go bowling, like you know, it can be a bit knaf, but just something fun that we don't.
Speaker 2: Get to do. The outdoor cinema.
Speaker 1: No, the outdoor cinema isn't naf bowling it hate. I like bowling, I'm good at it.
Speaker 2: Do you like karaoke? Oh? How many lines are I hat?
Speaker 1: If I've had a whole bottle of shamp Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you could give me ten bottles of champagne and still find it painful as anything.
Speaker 1: I do think that I should have been discovered as a singer and performer. So that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Is that they own alcohol, goes in and comes up. Yeah, okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: He actually suggested this one. He was like, should we train for like the NUSA try or like a half marathon because we've always wanted to. I've actually done a half marathon, but he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Actually, in DC it was a Nike Woman's half marathon.
Speaker 2: It was really cute.
Speaker 1: So I was like, yeah, babe, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 3: How many kilometers is a half twenty.
Speaker 1: One point one kilometers? Yeah, half, that's half. Yeah, A four marathon's forty two point two. It would be obviously.
Speaker 2: I just don't I love that, Like, it is just such a mid to late thirties thing to do. I know. I feel like so many of my friends that are like former party people. I still like to party, but now they're trained for their marathons. Yeah, you know good. I love it. I love it too, And look he suggested it, so I was like, babe, yeah, I love doing something.
Speaker 1: I can do that together, and I think it will help us get back into a good rhythm with running. So then it becomes like an everyday thing in our lives again that we make time for or you know, every second day whatever, and then buy a house, which we are quite close to doing so I know I haven't told you yet because well we're not quite close, but like it's going to happen, and I honestly thought it would never happen. I just never thought I would own a house. And when I say house, I mean extremely expensive unit in Sydney. Anyone who doesn't live in Sydney, yeah, please pity me because it's pretty bleak out there. But it'll be ours and I can put a whole week.
Speaker 2: Board house if you wanted to move a little bit further.
Speaker 1: That is true. Yeah, that's what my sister in law says. She always sends me links to houses near her.
Speaker 2: Yay, this looks through. It's just like as someone who used to be I don't want to live through we now I have to join the committee of people that go, well, you could, you could, You could if you will willing to live a little bit further away from the beach, which I also understand though is a non negotiable for you guys, I know.
Speaker 3: Non negotiable, but something you really want, so well, I.
Speaker 1: Think living in Sydney. It's just like, if we're not going to live at the beach, we would live in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it because that's the whole thing, and it's like having that beach but also major city lifestyle that you can have like a good job with a good salary, but also Sydney's expensive. Af parent Now, I kept this one really short and sweet. I would like to just enjoy them. I feel like in twenty twenty four, and I don't think it was rude, but I think I've really struggled with grief and pregnancy and I found it hard to find joy in toddler life. I feel like that's pretty normal. So yeah, I just want to enjoy them. I want to be present and I want to play more. I feel like life is so busy that sometimes I forget to play and more tea parties, more, I don't know, mum and baby, more hospital. You know, when they're like you're sick, lay here, I'll be like, alright, can you bring mummy or drink?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just wanted to keep that really easy because parenting enough is by itself is already quite stressful and a lot of pressure. So just to enjoy it more friends see my friends more.
Speaker 1: So, like in the same way as I'm booking something with Charlie once a month, having something once a month where I'm seeing a certain group of friends just so I feel like I am a person away from everything else. Have one to two catch ups in the calendar each month, and do weekday dinners because.
Speaker 2: They are the day dinners at the best. They're great and like I feel like get out of bath in bed totally. Charlie's so into that.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, I can come home do that and then get back online because it means I can work until you get home. Like yeah, he loves that. So yeah, once you catch ups in the calendar a month with my gfs personal.
Speaker 2: You're gonna kill me.
Speaker 1: Get into exercise now. I don't know what it's going to look like after I have this baby, so I don't know what type of exercise I'm going to be motivated to do, but I just want to try and do something each day. So I'm going to start like with the walk each day, half an hour walk, which is how I kind of got back into exercise on the tail end of this pregnant see you for this one. Because you were like, you've got to be specific about your exercise, but.
Speaker 2: I think that you don't know what you're like, Yeah, it might be like a walk, though, I think as a starting goal every day, yeah is firstly achievable. I would recommend a daily walk to absolutely every new mum or person with a newborn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to get out of the house, get some fresh air the body. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to do that and then read more. And I have just said to myself, I'm going to make this really easy for you. Key four books this year. That's one a quarter, one every three months. Okay, you can do that. You can find the time.
Speaker 2: To do that. I can give you your book and a recorder and be like, this is your book to read.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what happens with me, right is that I hate not finishing a book so often if it's shit, I'll just struggle, struggle, struggle, and then it'll just sit collecting dust until I go, I'm not going to read that book because it's shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I want you to do. I think that a really easy way to combat that. If you are one of those painful people that have to finish something that you start or I do. Don't see your point. Look it up on Spotify and listen to the rest of it on one point two speed. Just breathe through it. I feel like you have the same problem that a lot of people that want to be readers have.
Speaker 1: What is it the terrible taste in books?
Speaker 2: You know, you try too hide Like that was just.
Speaker 1: At my local books or they have all of the reviews from the people that work there.
Speaker 2: They're like, this is hilarious, and I'm like, I don't ever trust them. They'll say that they love it even if they hated it. You need to read for best sellers, Yeah, I just need the basic bluff. You know what you need? You need Colleen Hoover. Colleen Hoover, I know I do.
Speaker 3: That's what you need.
Speaker 2: You need Harry Potter, Colleen Hoover like really easy books.
Speaker 1: Actually, Lucy just read one that she's gonna give me funny Story.
Speaker 2: Have you read that? She said it was just like light and fluffy, because I think it was after that Bunny book. Her book club was like, we need something to up, like lift our spirits up.
Speaker 3: Bunny Story.
Speaker 1: It's about a husband that cheats on a wife, and then a wife moves into a house with the husband of the chick that had the affair with her husband.
Speaker 2: That is the perfect like easy, holiday, fun, cute read. That's what I want. There's nothing okay, to be fair, I am not a big Colleen Hoofer fan, but I do think there's a place for her. And I also think people are just so wanky these days with book time.
Speaker 1: I know, I want, no I know, And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Really try to choose books that I think I'm gonna like. I don't have any like qualms around like what I read.
Speaker 2: I honestly listen to your friends though that read a lot, not your friends that read a couple of times a year, because they probably don't have good, good recommendations because they're not reading enough to give you the good stuff. Like if you think every book that I would post on Instagram and say this was great, loved it, easy read, whatnot, there's a couple of books that are absolute duds that haven't been like I finished them because they were fine. Yeah, but do you know what I mean? Like, you've got to trust people that read a lot, except people that work at bookstores. Because it's like people that work at like an indie cinema or something.
Speaker 1: Buster back in the day.
Speaker 2: Like they'll be like, oh, human Centipede is a great horror movie because of the you know, it's about gluttony and society, and they'll start talking about and it's like, know.
Speaker 1: Just like seigny.
Speaker 2: Teachers assholes are quite funny, but gross. Gross. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've tried to keep it, you know, manageable, achievable.
Speaker 2: I love those. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of them, to be honest. So under the category of health, you might think, are you going for three's the charm of health? No? Oh, I'm not even putting it on my list. Okay, but it is just No, I'm clearly not a healthy person and I'm just going to be setting myself up for foil put that on the list again. What I do have on my list is to reduce my sugar addiction and sugar intake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you do eat a lot of lollies, you say, so.
Speaker 2: We witnessed it when we used to have that lowly jar And you'd be like, is that from the last week or did Luke and Lenny also, I'm like, no, they're not allowed. It's just like which and then we realized that equated to one packet per day.
Speaker 1: That's a good healthy health goal.
Speaker 2: But it's like, let's reduce it a little bit. Yeah, And I think in that regard. Also, I was listening to this really interesting podcast at the end of last year when I was sort of thinking about all of this, and it's just about the obesity epidemic. Yeah, he was talking about the long term health implications, and they were talking about statistics that come out of Japan in terms of their lifespan and the.
Speaker 3: Lack of disease.
Speaker 2: And it's because they just eat so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eat fresh like non processed, non pesticide foods.
Speaker 3: And I'm so unhealthy in every way.
Speaker 1: It's also quite a luxury to be healthy bioorganic, and it's too far.
Speaker 2: Too far. I'm talking about like just like less packaged processed foods. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that, less salt, less sugar. Not for me, sorry, sorry, sorry, not for me, for Len he has so much salt because I need it, Yeah, and then he just ends up having a lot too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think like whenever I don't put salt on something and give it to Roote, she doesn't want to eat it like she likes things that tastes good too.
Speaker 2: I don't put a lot on hers, but like, yeah, I think it's more the hidden salts. I don't have a problem with actually putting a little bit of salt.
Speaker 1: On it controlling it as well.
Speaker 2: When you look at the label and it's like sodium sodium crazy and you just think, oh, my very.
Speaker 3: Word, like that is just not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, like not all the time, but yeah, yeah, not a health goal, but just like a better eating sort of goal.
Speaker 3: I used to be so good.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we worked at shopo together and I had a green smoothie every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was very off brand for you, but it was a great time.
Speaker 2: It was a great time to be my insides. It's not like I was overly healthy though, Like I used to still get sick all the time. I think it was just probably because I was drunk half the time the other half of the time.
Speaker 1: Well, also going out more. And yeah, like now if you're sick, you kind of stay away from people, but back then you'd be like taking like pseudo and stuff to.
Speaker 2: At your desktop. Coming through it exactly under like Finance Buy House.
Speaker 1: We're both are the same, Well, you already own a house, but to buy a new house.
Speaker 2: To buy a big, big, big house, so we've I don't know. It's very bittersweet though, because I don't want to sell this.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you before when you said, yeah, you were going to sell because obviously it was your nanny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's still in my mind like the Rose Garden, Yeah, all of those parts.
Speaker 3: But it's just too small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I want to work at home and also have a crazy toddler running around like he's just got no space to run, and I'm constantly overwhelmed because there's nowhere for me to escape in my own home.
Speaker 3: I just have a breathing in an apartment. Totally get it, Like.
Speaker 1: You have to really have not a lot of stuff to feel sane in a small space, and it simply isn't actually possible when you have a kid and work from home, and.
Speaker 2: With my job, wellah, like an influx of stuff coming into the South even just see everything.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 3: It's impossible.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I don't even want to really think about the actual act of selling it, but we have to because we need to sell this for a deposit for the next house so that it wouldn't be too stressful.
Speaker 1: I think it's a smart thing to do. You don't want to like go into so much debt.
Speaker 2: Anyway, exactly, And like, honestly, these houses that we're looking.
Speaker 1: At, I did see.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: What's so funny is like when I did a arrive, I saw like a real estate pamphlet on the thing, and I was like, huh, because there was a time when we were talking about.
Speaker 2: You potentially yeah, yeah, and you were like, no, we're not doing that anymore, like because you wanted to, but Luke didn't, but it sounds like you want to, yeah, And then I saw it on the thing and I was like, oh, yes. And we've had two different estate agents come over to like value the house. Yeah, talk to us about everything, and that is really exciting, Cairl.
Speaker 1: And also just the new things that you've done to the house and how much that would add the value too, Like great, So I mean it's adding value to my life every Wednesday. That's duck to there.
Speaker 2: I'm giving so much shit to Luke for everything that he's done. They're actually like, oh, wow, this is so good blah blah blah. The laundry Wow, and I'm like, oh, look, it's just sitting there like sound a little louder to her. He was never around when he was a new book because he was doing renews. It's like, yeah, now we're in a pretty good financial spot thanks to relationships. This is just all my relationships. I want to be more organized and better with birthdays. I suck.
Speaker 1: I've got a tip for you. Yeah, my godmother, Sue. That's actually a very Dutch thing to do. Is that you have a birthday calendar on the back door of your toilet, and it only has birthdays in it, so that you know you're frequently using the toilet, so you're constantly reminded this person's birthday's coming, this person's birthday is coming, so you actually act on it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have a calendar in the toilet though it's just on the back door. No one sees it.
Speaker 1: It's just like a little flip one. It's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is a great idea. It's a great idea because because it's still well and good for me to have it written down somewhere or in a calendar. But if I don't check it that day, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know exactly, So I think it's actually really good that idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I messaged a really close friend a couple of weeks ago and said, hey, is your birthday on Monday or Tuesday?
Speaker 3: She goes, it was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I'm really shit with my friend's kids as well. I just have no idea. I know.
Speaker 1: Actually one of my girlfriends did us spreadsheet with all of.
Speaker 2: The kids' birthday, isn't it. The thing is is that I've always been like, oh, I can't keep it until the moon can't bite on Lenny's birthday.
Speaker 3: If people forgot, I'd be so annoyed.
Speaker 2: And also, can I do a tip for you for the kid's presence? Not necessarily a present. I'm not saying a present is necessary, oh but just remembering, just remembering to say, hey, give someone to a cuddle for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Well if you do want to send a present, I've got a tip for that.
Speaker 3: Amazon.
Speaker 1: Amazon sending a gift like because you can say is this a gift and you can send it to them. It comes in a gift box and with a little card. I mean, they're not expensive gifts. I think I got my godson like a lego Matt and a duke plo set like I don't know, twenty five thirty bucks or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's a gift wrapping free.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a little Amazon gift like it's a stair box, but it's got like balloons or like confetti or something on it. You know.
Speaker 1: But it makes it a lot easier and then you can just have it sent to their house and you don't have to worry about anything else.
Speaker 2: That is such a good tip.
Speaker 1: It's a really good tip, really really good tip.
Speaker 2: For like, so you did all out what you want it to say on the card as well, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and it comes into the little thing like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's so good, bloody bezos. He's a clever man. Yeah, I mean, make Fridays more fun for Lynn and stop being so anxious about his nap.
Speaker 3: Oh, his nap still controls my life.
Speaker 1: I've just dropped.
Speaker 2: I'm so annoying further my friends because I'll be like, oh, no, you'll have to leave by lunchtime, or we have to do this time or that time, or you can come over, but don't come to laughter three like so irritating, and it just controls so much of our Friday. Fine, what time is he going to bed at night? Though?
Speaker 3: Like eight thirty two nine, way too late.
Speaker 2: She drop his nap. I think you need to drop the nap because I think you'd have an earlier He needs that day nap still, But the thing is he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He just needs to be trained to stay up a little bit later and then he.
Speaker 2: Can go to bed earlier. I'm like seven seven, I know, I just don't seven poll.
Speaker 1: Because he's fucking tired, and he's like literally he'll be like bed, mummy, bed, and You're like bed.
Speaker 3: Do you keep them up?
Speaker 2: You have to do activities with them, right, You have to do stuff that you have to get out of the house.
Speaker 1: That's why you always like you're so good with Rue doing stuff. And I'm like, yeah, the walls are fucking going to crolose in on me if we sit at home all day, Like I'm getting her out, I'm getting her tired.
Speaker 2: We do stuff. But in the morning and then in the afternoon, Oh.
Speaker 1: Go out for the whole day.
Speaker 2: But he'll just fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wake him up, but then he'll yell at me. If it is in the car, I'll be like, well do you fall into sleep? And She'll be like no, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, don't you do it. We're really close to home, you stay away. Oh yeah, sometimes I do that to Lem, but then he ends up just passing out and I'll be shaking seat and screaming and up but the music blasting, the windows down, and he's just like, well, yeah, my kid got his father's sleep habits.
Speaker 3: He can sleep.
Speaker 1: Rue will occasionally still have a day app or whatever, and.
Speaker 3: She's never not had one.
Speaker 2: Well, I think just keep trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like it took three weeks of nine pm bedtimes with Rue and we were like, we're cutting the daye oup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of works for us.
Speaker 2: Though to be fair, no way would he be ready to go to bed at seven like he would. Though I'm saying, we don't like even have dinner till seven a lot.
Speaker 1: The whole the whole time needs. So now I wash Rou as soon as we get home. So it's like she comes to the door, I'm like toilet, hands hop in the shower, and she's washed, and then I feed her and then because I just think that order for some reason helps speed up everything, because dinner can drag out.
Speaker 2: Dinner can really drag and then my child likes to really drag out the bath time as well, exactly. But if you get the bath time straight from school, I don't know, there's something a bit quicker about it, because then that are like I don't want to be in here. I wanted to end with they're hungry as well. Yeah, and then quiet time, okay, eat, they're full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's read books, go to sleep.
Speaker 2: I was even thinking more so along the lines of just not worrying, so trying to just be like, hey, we're going out for the date. If you fall asleep in the car, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Car sleeps are great at this age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more so.
Speaker 1: I need to like, yeah, but just go park someone with the air cone on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just not worry.
Speaker 2: Oh we have to be home at this time, so no, it stuff's up the whole day, and then we can't really do like super fun stuff. And then I need to make more of an effort to have date nights with Luke. Yes, and like to actually work them in. And we've connect We've got one coming up. Who organized it me? We're going to Disolay. Oh that's fun. I got us really good seats for his birthday. Oh that's cute Onenes's birthday.
Speaker 3: It was in December.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, just doing a little belated. December's very busy, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to book something for December. Yeah, so it's like at the afternoon one and then we'll go out for dinner afterwards. So that'll be nice. I know, personal love it, reduce screen time, curb addiction to games.
Speaker 1: It's just so funny how you're a gamer.
Speaker 2: I think just like reducing it a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, what you should do is combine the two, So start making content about gaming like you shit games, because honestly, that is game is money too.
Speaker 2: They make money.
Speaker 1: But it's just like another facet of your personality that actually is aligned and people will follow.
Speaker 2: It's not like I'm playing Minecraft or one of those games that people like to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you think about the niche things that some people get really excited, like, there are more of you out there.
Speaker 2: There are more losers out there like you.
Speaker 1: But seriously, I think you should combine the two because it would maybe reduce the screen time if you're I don't know, or.
Speaker 2: Make me feel less bad about wasting so much time per day exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turning it into like a content massive form of income, if you will.
Speaker 2: If I get paid to play games, now, that would be great. This is sort of like to do with health and finance, I guess as well. But it's personal. I want to a couple of days per week make my own coffee. So I just need to figure out a really good recipe. So if anyone has an easy, delicious iced coffee recipe, I need it to be strong. I need it to be yummy, So something to give it yummy sugary flavor, some sort of yummy syrup. If it had something additional that was good for me in it, that would be ding ding ding, like a collagen or protein or one of those things. Yeah, but that you can't then taste on key residence. Oh my god. People that go, oh, this is the best protein. You can't tell that it's protein, Yes you can, Yeah, I protoul I hate it and I've got no protein my diet, So that would be great to increase it. So just like a few still get it for myself a bit. That's a treat, but it's just it's a lot of money per day it is, and it's not good.
Speaker 3: For my own Well, let's have a look up.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, superficial.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my gosh, I wish I had this. That's a category.
Speaker 2: I want to deal with the sun damage on my chest.
Speaker 1: Okay, laser, it's like laser.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, Like I probably need to try harder at home with it, like a pill. Yeah, stuff like that. I need to use my LED a little bit more on the area. You know, it's really not a big deal, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't never notice that, no one would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put veins back on my list because I need to do it. Yeah, I want to do it too.
Speaker 1: Mine is so bad after this pregnancy.
Speaker 2: And also I want to go to a doctor and get my hump looked at, because it's like, do I keep winging about it and like laughing about it?
Speaker 3: Why don't I just go see if there's anything that can be done.
Speaker 2: From a different doctor. Well, I love my adult daughter. He's the nicest man. But he kept saying that it was fine, and I'm like, okay, fair enough, do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Professional?
Speaker 2: Soessr. It needs to be profitable. Well at the moment, it's like not it's not current profitable.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's breaking even basically, but.
Speaker 2: The numbers are there. We just need someone to sell us, which we have, so hopefully we just suck at that. We don't suck at that way. Yes, people, we're not good at sales, so we.
Speaker 3: Never will never signed out to me. Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But like people that are their own business owner type thing generally have a little bit of sales savviness, we don't. We don't. We don't have the appetite, we don't have the We're just here for the content. Yeah, we're just content queens. Yeah. And I'm going to be launching substack, Sunroom with services, launched bespoke podcast, personalized advice writing that is so cool, etc. Because one thing is that I want to work more in the service space and providing people with services and content rather than stuff. It's funny because I've always struggled a lot with subscription methods, I know. Yeah, And I'll be like, oh, do they really think that they're like bloody Netflix, that they can charge people for their content? And it's like, well, yeah, and would you rather ete ads of me trying to sell you something you probably don't need? Yeah? Yeah, yeah totally. And I think my excuse is always oh yeah, but you can just skip ahead of ads. But at the end of last year, I watched it was a documentary on Netflix. I don't know if it's still trending.
Speaker 3: It might be. Did you watch it?
Speaker 2: It's called by Now No Listen. It was nothing new or revolutionary or that we didn't know. But I think when you're witnessing something in front of your face and you're like, holy, it's not just words in your ears. You're seeing the devastation that the consumption crisis is causing, Hearing about like from people that have worked for these big companies, it really does just make you go, fucking hell, what am I encouraging? Yeah, And like I've always sort of said and been, you know, if I'm talking about a mascara, I'm not saying that you need to buy this mesca if you've already got six. I'm saying, if you need a new mascara in your routine, and no one needs a miscas, this is a great one. Yeah, you don't need seven mascaras, or you shouldn't have seven mascaras. I never want to like encourage over consumption. And so I was sort of thinking about that and then also, I was having a conversation with a girlfriend of mine and we were talking about how I think I mentioned this to you, about how her son really loves that app that he's learnt so much from. Oh, but the subscription notification came up for her on the ipadtern it said renew for forty nine to ninety ninety year, and she went, oh, oh, my goodness, like fifty bucks for a stupid app to use, Like so stupid. And then she's like, wait, I'd easily going to came out spend fifty bucks without thinking shit, that we don't even need, but because it's like a tangible item, we just feel better about it for some reason in our head, rather than this service that isn't impacting on the environment in the same capacity. Yes, something that's.
Speaker 1: Actually beneficial, beneficial.
Speaker 3: In so many different regards.
Speaker 2: So just trying to concentrate more on and I don't exactly know what it's going to look like yet to a full capacity, but not so much selling stuff as just like offering.
Speaker 3: Up different services.
Speaker 2: I love that content and just being like, well, you know what, guys, if you don't want to pay for it, don't pay for it. Yeah, but I think follow someone that wants to sell you more teeth whitening. Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm not saying I'm never going to be doing spawn or talking about products, but just.
Speaker 1: Just getting like a little bit savvy and having longevity.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it sounds like you're.
Speaker 1: Creating like a product, like your own product to sell now.
Speaker 3: Thing that people will be holding in their hands.
Speaker 2: No no knowledge inside, and no one needs more stuff and no one needs another small business owner buying stuff off Alley Express and then trying to market up and sell it everyone. It's just not what the world needs and making more of an effort with TikTok and affiliate linking when I do promote product because I'm so bad with it and you can make so much money off you can't work it out.
Speaker 1: I honestly can't work.
Speaker 3: It's really time consuming.
Speaker 2: And I see people you're doing it so much, and I'm like, how do you have the time to find that many affiliate links? Yeah? I don't get it, Like it adds five minutes every time you're looking for an affiliate. Also, all the stuff I like doesn't have a link, I'm likely annoying and I only want to put things up that I've used all stuff you like, not just like a random top yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anyway, those are my goals. So we just ended up going on so many different tangents.
Speaker 2: But that's such a good conversation starter, and I think people listening it might spark a goal for them something that we've talked about or touched on.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. Welcome to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We're xactly and like we said at the top of the show, we really want to know what your are. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but thank you so much for joining us today. And a little note about the format of the show, so we know how shit is absolutely adore the peak and picks yes element. But we've sort of recorded this season all over the shop, like episode eight for this season might have been recorded in December, and it like it's all over the shop.
Speaker 1: We're trying basically to get ahead to cover a little bit of my Matt Lee.
Speaker 3: He is having a little bit of a change.
Speaker 1: And we're trying here we will have some sort of a break or be less frequent, but we're trying.
Speaker 2: To reduce the number of shows that will lose, So we're trying to basically bulk record in order to see you through because he's potentially even given birth right now, and that segment kind of needs to be topical otherwise, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to talk about.
Speaker 2: That happens last month.
Speaker 1: Winding about being pregnant and in your life. I actually saw your Instagram and you're happy and you've got your baby, and.
Speaker 3: You've also your nipples are about fall off.
Speaker 2: That's actually your peers for the week.
Speaker 3: You've got massive titis.
Speaker 2: But we promise that we will reintroduce that part of the show because we know how much everyone loves it when he is back from maternity leave and we're recording weekly again.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes. This episode of Eat, Sleep, Shit Repeat was produced by us Kelly McCarron and Key re Searles, with autio production by the amazing, wonderful, lovely Madeline Joanno.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here, Bye bye