Speaker 1: These are the yeays of our lives. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly. The best and worst days will bear all the facets of seizing your yeay. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned unentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar. Ces. The Ya is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way. Just warm me out with your voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got this song stuck in my head and I actually don't I owe the start, but it and it literally goes.
Speaker 3: I don't know what actually is?
Speaker 1: Is it the Lion King song?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It's like like I have to.
Speaker 2: Find It's like when you hear it, you'll be like, this is not the Lionking.
Speaker 3: It's like low key techno, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Wow, that doesn't sound like a song you would have in your head.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I literally have.
Speaker 1: And Angelina is well, guys, this is a very special Valentine's Day dose of yeas of our lives, and of course I'm doing it not with my husband, my actual love, but Angelina slash hang foot.
Speaker 2: Slash angel Foot the only Valentine you need today.
Speaker 1: Because ours is a true love, but also because we're away on a romantic holiday. Yeah, and this is the extension of some of you might have seen that we surprised and with a forest and heaven themed Airbnb, and then for the follow up, I took her to the app actual forest and we were in lawn down the surf coast.
Speaker 2: But I have to say that forest apartment was equally the weirdest yet.
Speaker 3: Amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I was like, okay, this is borderline.
Speaker 2: That's strange, as like really really weird. But also, you know, I was like, do you know it's so me? It's so I was like, yeah, it's so strange, it's that it's you.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, that's testament to me. But it was so it was.
Speaker 1: Like it was the weirdest but the greatest.
Speaker 3: It was the weirdest for the greatest. I agree.
Speaker 2: I remember organ and honestly, I'm normally pretty good at guessing what things are going to be or or knowing what the surprise is going to be. Kid, you know, I had absolutely no idea what was going to walk into.
Speaker 3: I walked in it. It's really hard to surprise.
Speaker 2: It Forest apartment, and then there's this heaven room and I was like, Okay, this is so.
Speaker 1: I much joy did it bring? Though It's like the cleverest thing, because that apartment would have been pretty boring if it just had nothing in it, you know, it would have been a normal airbnb, but it wouldn't have gone ill one.
Speaker 2: No, it's a great business idea, but I think for context, I'm not just this.
Speaker 1: I just Forest.
Speaker 3: It was because you.
Speaker 2: Guys know me so well that you know that I love I have this thing for high ground that it makes me. It triggers me in a weird, like happy, emotional kind of way. And night lights like city lights or fairy lights or whatever lights that happening in the night, and I'm obsessed with them. And I think that night it was meant to be pretty wet and rainy and dreary, and so you all combined all of the things that I love into one indoor thing.
Speaker 1: It was. We wanted it to be a picnic on a hill with a city skyline, so you get the night lights, the higher ground perspective, the hill, also nature being outdoors and not too bougie, so kind of picnicky. I was even going to do like those picnic styling, like fancy picnic ones on a you know, you know, the ones looked like a fairy garden party. And then I was like, wait, no, it's and.
Speaker 2: Said we had cushion logs, cushion logs and cushion rocks.
Speaker 1: But it brought so much to it. But we planned this as like that was with all your closest friends, and then we planned this one for just us, which is also meant that we had a little love weekend. And weirdly, we've had quite a few questions since our last episode, I think like maybe two weeks ago, asking how we met. And I feel like you've been on the show like eighty five times now. I feel like we've told the story like you were in the very first episode. And then you've had your own regular interview scheduling episode, plus all these years of our lives, I'm like, have we never actually explained it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I was trying to think. And I was like, maybe we maybe.
Speaker 2: We did, Like just we're like, oh, these were the circumstances that we met, talking about how we met.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Well, just in case as a recap, if you've heard it before, you hear it again. We haven't heard it before. This is the real story. And we thought, obviously for Valentine's Day, it's like a besties love story.
Speaker 2: And we also haven't done like first impressions, you know, like singles, like what's your first impression of me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Okay, so quickly we have a dot point to add it before we start the story. So Andrew's recommendation a couple again, a couple who even knows like these all blur into one another, was to watch Singles Inferno, which then we had multiple messages or dms saying agreeing that Singles Inferno was the one, and I was like, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd forgotten that you even made it the recommendation because I was already trying to catch up on your last one free solo, which also everyone agreed. Guys, you've been so active on the damn s lately and it makes me so happy. Anyway, So this weekend away and was like, well, you got to watch singles Inferno, like we're on a romantic weekend away. We got takeaway, We're going to watch them Netflix, and we've binged, like we just finished last episode. We've been like twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: The whole season. I was like, we can do it one day, and I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if you'd frothed or not bright frosted just like yours.
Speaker 1: Well, she explained the milk machine.
Speaker 2: Everyone. I love love so much. There's like really things that just make me cry for No. I guess there is reason, but I don't just cry on Instagram's been crying simply.
Speaker 3: Because love is so beautiful. And so we watched it, and Sarah has been hooked like.
Speaker 2: Like wide like a wide hand overly extended finger clapping hook the.
Speaker 1: Extended finger clap like when you like like thes aren't touching, but the all the palms are like pressed against. Explain the concept to people who aren't.
Speaker 3: Generally genuinely, it's the best way to describe it.
Speaker 2: It's like love Island but Korean and so culture plays a big part in how it's the storyline goes and how it's so different to Loveland. But since they get put on an island for nine days and there's guys and girls and it's like meant to be for dating, but their culture is so different that their love is so wholesome.
Speaker 3: At least relationships building is so wholesome.
Speaker 2: So that's like the most I guess, like our ex related thing they do is like high five.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They come to last day like once they know they're a couple of.
Speaker 2: Weeks, yes, but you still get like, you know, like hot dudes with like six packs and pecks and like beautiful girls and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But it's just so about communication and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, just to start gunning for them all like waiting for.
Speaker 2: Each other and they're chasing each other and they're like confessing their love for each other and they've just met, but there's no like they're not trying to be all over each other. It's just like this puppy love wholesome.
Speaker 1: So it's like if kindergarteners were dating. It's so sweet. It's so sweet and innocent, and it's like, you know when love Island in the worst is like a total meat market. It's just like, let's all romp together, and like it's just it's a lot. Like it's great, but it's a lot. And this is just so the sweetest parts of people falling in love. And even when like two guys want the same girl or the opposite, it's it's just so innocent, Like they're so polite about it. They're like, it's your turn with her like that. They're just they have such good manners and it's just so lovely. But you still see when like the fireworks at like the spark, they like just so cute and but stressful because you get so invested in them all. They're just so but they're also the most attractive people ever.
Speaker 2: And so like I watched the whole season already, and so I rewatched the whole season with Sarah, and I knew I was coming up, and I just.
Speaker 3: Keep trigging around and be like, but what happens next?
Speaker 1: Comment?
Speaker 3: So what we were talking about before this.
Speaker 1: So just how much you love love? Yeah, I think we're recording because I don't even know what we need to.
Speaker 3: Impressions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, So one of the cute things that they do is like they ask what's your ideal type? Like even the way they caught each other is so dignified, and they ask really meaningful questions and also really upfront questions like what is your ideal at like looks, and then what is your ideal personality and how to match that up? So my first impression looks of ANDREWD And now I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I like her double I.
Speaker 1: I like your really tan skin, like you're you're really I like her third tooth to the left, like that you can't eat sushi because your teeth won't collex.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not a roasting session, but it's so they literally asked what was your first impressions on the first day.
Speaker 1: It's just so sweet. So let's go back to our love story.
Speaker 2: Okay, So February twenty seven, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, sixteen, we also have friend versary.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 1: We're so but this is also a reminder that I love my husband so much and I'm so sad that we'll be a part for Valentine's Day, but you can also use Valentine's Day as a celebration of friend love or family love, or any kind of love. You know, it doesn't have to just be your romantic partner. So this is our love story.
Speaker 2: Yes, we can definitely touch on the types of love, which I have discovered more so in the last year than a however, but just remind me to chat about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just going to write a little dit point down because you're really vague, and we'll never yeah, never.
Speaker 3: Circle circle bar, never.
Speaker 1: Ever use circle back in a sentence. No.
Speaker 2: So, I don't even know why we know this date, but February twenty seven is for some reason we've made that alfend Rose. But there was also the day that we first met again. I don't know how we both were like, oh, that's the day.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It was like you for the first few years were really onto dates and times, and I'm ten years older than you basically, so I was already like what days what like, I don't remember, but I mean, I'm.
Speaker 3: So not a friend verse three kind of person. I'm not not like Oh. Me and Chris had been on March sixteen and two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: But you remember dates and times really well. And I was already like, oh, we met like twenty five years ago when you weren't born. But I think that was like, do you remember how impressed you were when I was like, hey, it's our friend vis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like two years later and you're like, I don't remember anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, But like twenty sixteen is when we met. And i'd just come back from my big backpacking trip in my gap year, and I was just about to start UNI.
Speaker 3: And I remember when I.
Speaker 2: Was away overseas, I said to Catherine, and I remember I was like on a bus to Vietnam and we're just messaging over like I met Andrew's sister Yeap, and I was like, whoever ownsmatch a Maiden? And at the time, I wasn't really entrepreneurial. I guess I was in a sense. Oh, I guess I always had it deep down that I really love innovation and clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just I love clever.
Speaker 3: I love clever.
Speaker 1: That is it?
Speaker 3: What is your ideal person?
Speaker 1: Clever?
Speaker 3: Clever?
Speaker 2: And then I said to her, whoever owns smatch a Maiden is amazing. And because before I had left, I'd done a bit of like cooking and things, and I had like this food blog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want a food blog?
Speaker 1: I remember you did recipes, look at it. Oh yeah, I get you were a friend together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we're using match re quite a bit. And I discovered the health Fish store with all this match and for some reason, matcham Maiden. It was never the most like most ceremonially packaged and like in a teen and this fancy fans. It was just like in your paper bag, but it was everywhere. It was just in your face every and I was like, what the heck? And then I went to Budapest.
Speaker 3: What the heck?
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's right, I was in Budapest and I was like, Okay, whatever the heck.
Speaker 1: My Melbourne cafe that you found out, my little Melbourne, my little Melbourne, shout out to you guys in Hungry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're awesome.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, I just I was like, whoever these people are that own this and global is incredible? Like if for they are in Melbourne inspired cafe and if the associating matchrom Maiden with the Melbourne cafe.
Speaker 3: That's like a really big deal, you know. So I was a message to Katherin. I was like, whoever owns this is really awesome?
Speaker 2: And I realized it was you, and I just said and I wasn't like I wasn't fang early or anything. I was just like, I am was I was impressed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was. I was.
Speaker 3: I sent you six thousand voice messages. We should have brought out the first message sent you.
Speaker 1: Wait, surely we have that.
Speaker 3: It'll be in your messages.
Speaker 1: Okay, as I'm going to start scrolling all the like crap that we send each other, I might have to circle back next episode.
Speaker 3: You find it quick, use.
Speaker 2: Your use your long fingers, long lever arms. Okay, yeah, so I say, I'm always send Katherin, Oh, whoever owns this is amazing? Anyway, I knew of you, and I just forgot that I knew of you, And then I was like, oh, so you.
Speaker 1: Know me before matcha Maiden vaguely?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, really really really vaguely though, because by that time you and Katherin hadn't really spoken for like six years or something or seven.
Speaker 1: Because interjection of like the prequel wait here used groll while I do this bit. So Catherine is Andre's elder sister, and her and I were really really close in school. So we did you ninety year twelve together. We were in a band. We were like joined at the hip, and I'd met, you know, Andre's parents, and like, I don't I think i'd met bnoy maybe, but anyway, I knew all about your family. So I actually met Ang when she was like six and on maybe eight, when we were at school.
Speaker 3: And I remember Sarah only because the katin always had this adopted friend, and that was you, and it was the.
Speaker 2: Adopted friend was fast adopted, adopted smart friends.
Speaker 1: Tried if you're els fine student second anyway, so I had met Ange. I knew about her for years because I knew all of Catherine's younger siblings because they were all, you know, part of the family that she spoke about all the time. And you know, she loved you guys so much. She practically like helped bring you guys up. So I had none since she was tiny baby. And then Catherine and I went to the same UNI but completely different schedules, and we kind of kept in touch but not weren't as close as we were at school for a couple of years, but I mean we set messages every now and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was very sporadic, so I wouldn't necessarily have said that you were. We weren't close then yeah, and went chatting or anything anyway. So I said to Katherine, oh, her name is Sarah or something. Kavin was like, and all she had said is, oh my god, it's Sarah. And I had been like looking at matcha Maiden and seeing your profile that many times they just didn't click. And then for starting with Katherine was when the minute Katherine said, oh my god, it's Sarah. I don't know what happened and what stars aligned for me to understand, and then it just clicked that it was you, Sarah Holloway. And I only remember you as Sarah Holloway, like the word had to come to the first and I come together.
Speaker 1: And then I still have lots of friends just like like that.
Speaker 2: What the heck, it's it's Sarah Sarah, And Kevin was like, it's Sarah anyway. So and I kept traveling, and in that time that I was still traveling, Katherin had reached out to Sarah and said, my sister thinks you're awesome.
Speaker 1: I've got to find that message.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that message. I've never read that message.
Speaker 1: I don't know it was, but I've got it somewhere.
Speaker 2: And I came back from my travels on the twenty third of Fabes. I think this is why we know the date so specifically.
Speaker 1: And Katherine, whatever, it's because you love me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got you tattooed on my heart, just right above my left nip.
Speaker 1: I am womby that's my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She had surprised me.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh, let's go out for a brunch for your birthday because we hadn't seen each other for six months or whatever. I was okay, cool, cool, And I'd gone for a run that morning and then come and met her in this place in South Viera and I was sweaty mess and yeah, I turned out to this cafe and there's Sarah sitting with Katherine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's right on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Huge on the side of the road outside drugstore Espress.
Speaker 2: And I came up with my back and I was just like.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Because we had spoken about you once and that was it. And then she had surprised.
Speaker 2: She was like, and then you were all, you know, jolly jolly, and was like, I.
Speaker 1: Was not jolly John. Well, you know now now you know contact, you know I love surprising people and make it like you guys have heard you all listeners have heard me also say I want to do the like surprise neighborhood proposal, Like I love stuff like that. So this day when Catherine was like, can we surprise Ange, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I genuinely am. I kind of can get sus with what's happening around me. But I just had no idea. And I remember the first thing I said was, oh my god, God, you should have told me, because I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Gone for a run.
Speaker 2: I'm a sweaty mess and me I sweat profusely, so I've got no sweat eyes, sweat, eyebrows, sweat, I lashed, sweat, sweat like teeth, sweat, everything sweat you could put.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's coming out of my pretty We had my pupils. I thought you were.
Speaker 1: Just hot.
Speaker 3: It was just a say liinge.
Speaker 2: So like in the longer story ever, that's how we first physically met, and Sarah was all.
Speaker 3: Like him so lovely, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And we chatted and Katherine, Sarah, that was your first time rekindling as well.
Speaker 3: And then I remember during.
Speaker 2: That breakfast, I come back from my travels and like that trip didn't change me, but I I guess like exacerbated my love for spontaneity and like this free spiritedness and this I don't know, this fearlessness in life. And I remember seeing my UNI schedule and it was only six contact hours. I was like, what the heck am I going to do with rest in my life if I six contact hours? Well, I obviously had a job and everything. But I'd come back from this big trip where I'd done so much. I'd trecked, i had hitchhike, I'd seen the world, I'd met people, I'd just done everything you could possibly think. And I came back and I felt like Melbourne was my friends. Everything was really stagnant, like everything was slow, No one had really progressed in life, and I felt like I had done so much. And I remember just we also context during my trip, I had all these business ideas, like starting a restaurant for vice taple roles, and this I had stem from being in Nepal and seeing how when you ordered dull butt, it's kind of like automatic refill into your full and it's just this thing that they do and as a community, as a community, and everyone knows it, and I always thought it was just amazing. And I remember being on the trip being like, what if we created something like that in Australia. I know, it's a different culture, and you know, you can't just get food really available and things like that, and it's not like cheap, But what if we did this vice tap of role situation where we it was unlimited refill of the feelings and people rolled it and it was really the community and you and you know we taught you that My family was there that we taught you how to roll, and then you rolled with you because that's how we eat rice peper rolls at home. We see it as a family. Everyone gets the rice paper, but you feel it yourself, you roll it yourself, you eat it, and not that jat So it's really fun. And I had done a lot of rice peper rolling with all my couch surface overseas and they loved it as well. Then couch shipping is free, so you don't pay.
Speaker 1: Obviously, in the background, scrawling through our entire relationship to get back'd you find? I mean that says when you're holding a bart someone and like it might come out of your mouth, and then I'm sorry, I interrupted. Oh my god, I was like rewatching our whole relationships really cute.
Speaker 2: So long story shot, I had this business idea already body in my head that I'd already run through Katherine and she was like, yeah, let's do it together, which then later became paper planes food truck. But I'm coming to Sarah that day and being like, Okay, what do you think about this food truck idea? You know, ser Rice paper rolls. It's like you do really wacky.
Speaker 1: Flavors and like banana and peanut, but yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Really cool stuff. And You're like, that is awesome.
Speaker 2: That is so great, and you could do this and you can do that, and you so invested this idea and validated our idea, and then therefore that's why. That's pretty much why I kept going with it, because I was like, Okay, someone with a business brain thinks it's.
Speaker 3: Viable, so we're just gonna get a shot.
Speaker 2: And at the end of that meeting with you, I said, if you need a hand with anything in your business, let me know, like if you need me to wipe your bum when you got a toilet and respond to emails.
Speaker 3: I can do that, like I was.
Speaker 1: Still literally, which is why you're here.
Speaker 3: Whatever you need. If you need personal care assistance, I can old that to the council. I can beat your care r. It's fine. And then you're like, oh, I let you know.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was a polite let you know. In a week later, you'd reached out and you said, actually, I might take you up on that offer. And I don't know I was running through your brain in that week. I'm pretty sure, Like I'm pretty sure it would have been that you couldn't get me out of your head and you're thinking about me every day, so you had to reach out.
Speaker 3: But I can't confirm that, but I'm pretty sure they'd been.
Speaker 1: I just thought, look, she looks really tired because she's been running around in my head. That's just a line that came up on singles Inferno. By the way, I'm not actually corny, but I am, and I thought it was hilarious anyway, And yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Said, hey, am I taking up on that offer, And that's pretty much how it started. And then we met up the week after again. I came up.
Speaker 2: I came as a sweaty mess, and there's this like elegant, well dressed like beauty blogger.
Speaker 3: The time I was amusing, I was on social media really.
Speaker 1: At all, Like I had encounter you had a good fan base.
Speaker 3: No, it was literally three.
Speaker 2: And then you'd asked me to help, if I would help with your social media and I had zero social media experience, but at that time, and like I am now, I give everything a really red hot crack, and I think I could figure I knew I could figure it out, and you kind of just said it was not at that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that? Oh my god, do you remember it was nine posts a day over twenty four hours. Yes, it was nuts.
Speaker 1: And we did that for years.
Speaker 3: We did it for so.
Speaker 2: Long, and you're like, oh, because we're global, we actually do every three hours we.
Speaker 1: Do a post because of all time.
Speaker 3: Zones, all time zones.
Speaker 2: So we use this app and it's called like schedule gram. At the time, Oh my god, sage schedule like overnight ones, and I posted the day.
Speaker 3: Ones by bye. And now I was such a keen little.
Speaker 1: Actually worked back then.
Speaker 3: It was great at the time. That was strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that got us to like fifty thousand really.
Speaker 2: Quick, and which is why I always thought that you guys were pioneering e commerce on Instagram or at least e commace VI social media. And that's why I said to Catherine, I said, whatever they're doing, they are doing so well. And it was a lot of it came down to your marketing and a lot of that was using social media, which I still believe even I stand by that. I think that you guys were one of the first to pioneered that world. Yeah, business service social and yeah, so I remember like starting that and that was my first foray into social media. And it went from just posting and a lot of regrams and you had a lot of assets like news.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to create much. Two we were doing like photo shoots and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, our photos look like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I still realized that the marketing team was Sarah and I from that point, and we had you know, Maddie and we had mal help as well. And then it slowly became literally just two of us taking all the photos. You know, everything that you saw on the website.
Speaker 1: Was us to recipe testing. We were taking.
Speaker 3: We were so bad, but we amazing.
Speaker 1: We wade two ebooks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did, but we were so crusbed.
Speaker 2: We took these photos and we'd take like sixty five photos and there's one and we'd gush over it for six years and be like, okay, so we have that one photo, but sixty of them so you can only post it once.
Speaker 1: And we spent eighteen hours to one recipe. But we had so much fun.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of fun, and I think that's where we became much closer, like you and I and I think we were always just on the same wavelength. I think also having the background that we both went.
Speaker 1: To mcgrob we so many years. Well, you're known Catherine, like and I trusted your family and the trust was already there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we I was so young. I was eighteen and you were fifty seven at the time. So yeah, it's quite a.
Speaker 1: Be age to try ag ages. No ages in here, ages an abstract number, absolutely only as old as you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in dog years you would have been like eight, so in half anyway.
Speaker 1: It's opposite. In dog years I would have been seven times fifty whatever, you.
Speaker 3: Would have been three hundred and fifty quick maths mas.
Speaker 1: But I also think we had a really similar of humor. Yeah, well, the things that we were different in were also really compatible. They were teaching each other things at the same time, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, we both valued very much the same things, like friendship being one and appreciation of each other being the other, Like to.
Speaker 3: The point where I would say, I do you cannot pay me? We had arguments about this.
Speaker 1: That last year of you not Oh my god, that was that was intense. It was we made a scene and.
Speaker 2: I said, I will not accept payment for the work I'm doing because what I'm getting out of this is more valuable than monetary value because I had retail jobs at the time as well. But what I was learning and what I was being able to do because you were you allowed me to do so many awesome things that we got to say in really cool places to shoot and the world that I just didn't even know existed before that. You know, you'd be like, hey, I've got a pair of shootes for you or and it wasn't always material, but it was just cool, like we did know. We went to brunches often and just things like that. You know, you'd have launch events and you'd be like, hey, can't if you on and just things I just yeah, I didn't even know existed at that time, and so I said, you can't.
Speaker 3: And then so I was like, I have to and I want to, and I feel uncomfortable if not.
Speaker 2: But even that, like both of us appreciating acknowledging work in different ways, and I think that's the best way to put it. Was just meant to how like similar outvalues are and even little things like I would go over and beyond to make sure that I was supporting you, but then you would literally go over.
Speaker 3: And beyond support me.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing was it's really easy to think that people behind the screens or you know, business people, influencers or whatever, are just for the screens. But I think that's why we became so close, because it was really evident really quickly to me that you were not like superficial, that you and Nick just gave so much to us that I was like, oh, they're actually not like these spoiled, entitled people at all, Like, if anything, you gave us more like me, mel and Maddie and then and then me so much, and I was like, this is like they actually truly value the people around them, which I think was the best thing. And then yeah, so we always just had these the same values and then the same work ethic.
Speaker 3: I think the work ethic was a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both were really hard working, but also in terms of like efficiency, it was one thing that we.
Speaker 1: Both yeah, that's right. Yeah, we would do things so like like.
Speaker 2: Really good, like great problem solving, but the same type of problem solving. Yeah, and the same mindset in terms of what matters and what doesn't. Yeah, like oh, don't worry, like there's a green speck on that we can just try that later. Like there's little things we weren't stressed about, but we had the same things that we would stress aound would stress about. So everything we were just on the same page and wavelength about. And I was just like this Lucy in it, and I was just like coming of costumes and stuff, which I think I don't know, I've never confirmed this, but it probably was a bit of a refresher for you at the time, so refreshing. It has worked really early on and really quickly. And then yeah, we became really really close and then like you know, I've now done on one then and I said, William and my best friend and she said, no, it's too early.
Speaker 1: I need some time to date everyone else first. Yeah, and on the island for nine days this TV show, honestly, but also I think like all the things that also, like you know, I was talking about the ways that we're different. There's a very like serious side of me, which is not my dominant side at all, and Nick's playfulness has always brought out the site Like that's why we Nick and I work so well together is because he brings out the side of me that is I can easily suppress, like in the law firmme it died, but he brings that back out, and then when he and I get too serious, I'll get too bogged down. Like you've been this beautiful, uplifting, like you just would not take shit from us, Like if we even tried to be not the most down to worth people in the world, like you'd just be like, oh, he's a bougie, Like you'd pull us up on everything, but also have this such a refreshing view on the excitement and potential of life and people, and that's really infectious. So I was like, I want to keep her as my best friend, but you also know I'm terrible at leaning on people like terrible at asking for stuff.
Speaker 2: Well that's what we had, not interventions about the start, but I was like, you have to let me help you, and you were like, oh, I don't ask, And so it came to the point where I just would help you without you asking and kind of would figure.
Speaker 3: Out that you needed help. And I think that's the other part that.
Speaker 2: Made us much closer, was that I don't know, again, I can't confirm, perhaps that you realize that I was someone that could just read your mind in a sense. Yeah, I think a lot of the time, a lot of at the start was me just knowing what you needed, and then you also the same, like vice versa kind of vibe. And then yeah, we just got really close just naturally.
Speaker 1: But I think because of that, because I would refuse it, but you would still sometimes see that I needed it even though I wouldn't. I didn't know or think that I needed it. You do something, but then it was the aftermath of you didn't make a big deal of it. You didn't make me feel bad about it, like that kind of trust of oh, I can lean on someone or delegate on them or delegate to them, and it won't be like not that you like we're just both very much like we don't need credit. It's not quid pro quo either. You don't need to pay me back straight away. I think that was the thing. It wasn't like it was keeping tally. Yeah, it was just like you did that for me, and now you and I are both like, okay, I have to pay pay you back right away. But we kind of both relaxed for the first time into like, yeah, she didn't need that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just it was like although the first year I was very much just like your helper, like your slave, no, I'm taking one wasn't but we weren't the first year, and then the second year is when I started paper planes the food truck, and we were still close but not like like be'sis for life. And then I think the milestone for me and I don't know if it was for you, was when we did Good War hunting the end of that second year, and that trip was just the best trip ever. And I didn't think that you would come like I was like, I'm doing this troop and yeah, you were.
Speaker 1: Like just come for like one day of the seven days, and I just like I didn't be there for ten days for you.
Speaker 3: Both you and Nick were just both like, oh, well, we'll assumed that we were going to be there.
Speaker 2: And at that time we were really good friends, but not to the point where I was like, oh, I should drop everything for me and same technique. And even then, Nick and I had only started becoming close probably two weeks before that, because like you and I.
Speaker 3: Were good friends, but I hadn't spent much time with Nick.
Speaker 2: Probably four weeks before we left, four or four weeks before we left for Good War Hunting is when Nick and I probably first hung out for the first time.
Speaker 1: And then you were riding in common and then you guys, because.
Speaker 3: He started he respected me because I beat him in a.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he's not here to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Because Conte that's scoring still controversial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then because I became close with Nick, it was just another reason why we became closer, because then we could all hang out and.
Speaker 1: We and you were still working in the business stand so we were also just like the three of us were working. I feel like we became the three Musketeers on that trip, Like that was like an And then because the three of us could hang out so easily, it's the weirdest relationship with almost everyone that knows us is like what you like.
Speaker 2: For us, we don't think it's weird until someone else is like, work like And we have never thought about it ever because we just never been weird and because we I you nick like, we're all the same.
Speaker 1: We our come we trip? What did that start from my chai? Try so once on another trip, when the three of us went on the trip, we were at the supermarket. There was a brand of chi called my Chai. We thought it was hilarious, and then it was we chai, and then it was joking.
Speaker 3: He's like, look your child. You were like, we chai.
Speaker 1: I said our chai grammatically correct, and then you went we chai. And now every time we say anything, it's our we anyway, not actually that funny when you.
Speaker 3: Our dynamic is strange but also not. I kind of love it.
Speaker 1: I love that we are friends into boxes. You love when things don't fit into.
Speaker 3: When don't fit into boxes.
Speaker 1: You know this, Yeah, you love it.
Speaker 2: So I hate having to explain it's like label something because then you're you're tied to that whatever that label is.
Speaker 3: The best thing is that we have never thought of age and experience and.
Speaker 1: All of that speakstage all the time. But that's fine, Okay, Well why do you say things to me and I'm like no, or when we say things to you like remember something you know, really like what's an example, like remember you d ls remember like Bacardi breezes and you're like what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it will be like it's nineteen fifty two when I was a six year old and I was in nigh school.
Speaker 1: No, age and age and background and experience nothing.
Speaker 3: Would have just been a barrier to friendship for a reason.
Speaker 1: To intelligence and lack thereof has never been. Yes, so and just the gags like we just have so much fun. We've had like maybe only two, but two blow up and they were about they were only about caring for each other too much.
Speaker 3: I agree. We had an intervention because they're both in yeah.
Speaker 1: No, you were like it's and she cats really like that size. You kind of like say one thing about health and wellness, but then you're kind of like doing the other thing, and it's kind of like a little bit hypocrite.
Speaker 3: It's not even that world. It's even more sassy. It's like you can't just say these things and tell people to rested, not do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Like anti confrontation. No, you did that in person. We're Franko Ginger.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then my chin goes back into my like whole entire brain, like my whole face goes back into itself, and I have no neck because I get so.
Speaker 2: And I really call Sir Sarah out because there's nothing to call her out on except for her inability to see that she's burnt out.
Speaker 3: And then we have to I have to intervention it. But we've only had.
Speaker 1: Mine was well that time you got drunk.
Speaker 2: It's not they weren't even they were just like the first time we were like you're yeah, you're actually annoying right now.
Speaker 1: No, that was me being like legit, go away, get out of my fucking face right now.
Speaker 3: You're not my friend, Like we don't.
Speaker 1: And also the other thing is we don't get to a limit, you know with some friends when you go away and like on day three you're like, okay, I'm finished, Like.
Speaker 3: Day three is enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but we don't really like we're on day four almost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I found it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like now that we're in a safe forum, really a lot of people that speak their troll motions. All my preferences are going to be from single.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to understand it, but no one else is.
Speaker 1: But that's our life though. But anyway, we went past an ice cream shop today. Anyone who's been following the ice if you've been following that from a few episodes ago, we went past an ice cream shop today and we said, I could and like talk about the YA. You guys know that, Yeah, I found it?
Speaker 3: Did you actually?
Speaker 1: Yes, I found it? But our like and brings so much YA to our lives, so much YA. And this is before I even knew that cz A was a philosophy. I hadn't. Like we were very early matchmate, and let alone you know this chapter, this kind of more recent chapter, and even the fact that we do things like we'll go out and I, like I said, like my default often and not as much anymore, but at the time when we met was to take myself very seriously and to try and like do the right thing all the time and not look silly. And you've, like the red hot crack attitude that you bring to everything in life has really kind of rubbed off. So today we went literally we just went shopping and to get a coffee, and Andrew was like, let's play a game. Let's have a twenty dollars budget, and we have to buy the weirdest thing that we can possibly buy for each other, and we can't tell each other what it is, and then you have to wear it for the rest of the day, like those kind of things that are so childlike sense of wonder about the world. But old me would have been like, I can't look that silly outside, but near me is like, that is so much fun.
Speaker 2: I have to say you have you have come around, because at the start, I'd bring up these stupid games and they just think on the spot and I'd have to tell that it slightly and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, you make it a friend lazy yeah yeah. Like so at the start would have been twenty dollars and you have to rea it for an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like you have to wear it in one shop and they can take it off.
Speaker 3: And today trying to negotiate show so just for this walk right, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was like, can I have more budget?
Speaker 3: You said, to get out of my budget?
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: If I found it was thirty dollars and it was so good and then she was like, okay, so, but you only have to wear it for this the rest of this walk, right, And I was like absolutely not.
Speaker 3: You're like okay, so an hour, I.
Speaker 2: Said absolutely not the rest of the day inside and outside, bathroom, toilet, shower, everything, and.
Speaker 1: You and you were like we were going to go surfing today. Would have had to wear it surfing and you were like.
Speaker 2: Okay, deal two thousand sixty I would have been like deal, yeah, okay, So I just wear.
Speaker 3: It to the front of the shop because anyone sees me.
Speaker 1: You son of a bitch, I mean.
Speaker 3: And you were walking more creative than you had your prison before I had mine.
Speaker 1: And I also was like, as if we're going to see anyone that we know. But quick diversion before I read the letter that I found and just first sliding into my damns, Oh my god, I'm so excited I found it. But quick diversion to the neighborhood watch item number one, because we actually met one of the eablehood in the wild, which makes my day. Anyone listening who has experienced this, you'll know I don't like get weird or anything. I just full on assault you, Like I get so excited straight to have no social distancing. I'm just like so excited to meet listeners. And we walked into Gander, which is this amazing store. We were just like we were, we had so many items to try on, were so excited. Well I was.
Speaker 2: We were just flucking everything and I was like, this would look good on the mannequin, but not me, like those fans of zes.
Speaker 1: And then Zara McLeod shout out to Tzara, thank you so much for being the most lovely listeners in Mecca. She came over and like, one of the things that I get so upset about is when people see us and then are too shy and then message later and I'm like, we could have had the chance to meet. But Zara came over and like you know, explained that she listened all the time and she wanted to show her friends because they listen, and that just made my like you saw my face, I get it makes me like I want to cry, I want to like drop to the floor and cries on makes me so happy. So that was the best.
Speaker 2: While we're on that topic, though, can we please shout out to Maggie in West Side who stopped me during my run, just so that she loved the podcast and listens to us from your breastfeed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hi Maggie, you know what it started like at the very beginning, you started to get like people would be like, oh, I saw you on you know.
Speaker 3: It's like one tables have a.
Speaker 1: People are literally like are you Sarah from Anglet's Instagram. It happens all the time. And then Alas said to Zarah, by the way, this is just like yeah, I know, she's with you all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was a best so okay, and then just quickly one more yighborhood watch item that's related to actual neighborhood that we know and that we've connected with. So a couple of weeks ago we shared the Gardener Brothers, the tap dancers from Ireland who are just so happy and so uplifting, and it's so cool that a niche has become so big because TikTok is such a democratic platform. So one of our dear followers actually like taught us a few facts about that. So I've I've got a voice recording which I'm going to play, but I think first I should read the message, because otherwise I'll just keep it fitting.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say a big tangents. Oh look how long it is it was?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's worth tied it out in my tone.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to read it, read it out in the tone that I ticted. Like that. I believe that I heard it in. Okay, And this is also even funnier because I haven't gone back to read it since knowing you now, so this is hilarious. Okay, okay contexted me first of Jan twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: I was writing this just in a bus from Cambodia to Vietnam because you.
Speaker 1: Were still overseen. Okay, okay, Oh my god. Thirty first of Jan twenty sixteen. Hey Sarah, Okay, it's also so weird that you even called me Sarah like. I find that really weird.
Speaker 3: Before you start, I think we need some cute backgrounds.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want me to just edit? Put it in editing over you're going to play, okay, guys, cute romantic emotional music. Hey Sarah, I know this is extremely random, but please, if you have time, read my wacky yet true story. So, about five minutes ago, I was just sitting around sweating my butt off at the Vietnam slash Cambodia Border control when I got an I message so specific I got an I message from my oldest grandma's sister. She called me by my full name, Angelina, so I knew it was serious. The message read Angelina matcha Maiden Chick is my friend. I've been talking to her about matcha Maiden and about the girl who owns it for ages because we both have urges to be entrepreneurs also, and you are one of the people that I've been watching for ages. At first, I was thinking about all the time she said she knew someone, and it was more like I've seen this person walk past me before. But then somehow it actually clicked. It all came rushing back. She really did know you and knew you well too. If my memory served me right, so formal.
Speaker 2: Bim, it's because you're talking like unforld I did not sound like that. I like, if I remember corprectly.
Speaker 1: You are the Sarah that's sang misery business for amidst the chase that was absolutely strul The video is still on YouTube if you want to see it. Ha ha, you would have said, ha ha like that. Sometimes we pull it out of the archives for laughs. You're also the Sarah that is Korean and has super supportive non Korean parents and also smashed school, and the Sarah that went to one ash and studied law, and apparently the Sarah that got my sister through English in year twelve. Ha ha. Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure my eight year old self met you as well, Otherwise I wouldn't have remembered all of that. Me and my friends started a health and well being food account called the Green Counter last year because we were megaboard. The jump from MCROB to UNI is like one hundred to zero in terms of intensity and work. We make ninety seven percent of the stuff on our own page and are constantly trying new things. One time matrim didn't reposted us. That was pretty exciting. We also catered the two times you sail at one hot yogurt in SOUTHI aarra small world. Hey, anyway, just wanted to say that I followed. I followed what you've been achieving for a while now, and you're a huge inspiration to me for what I want to do when I grow up. Oh, she's still not growing up.
Speaker 2: Lame.
Speaker 1: If you actually read all of that, you're a legend. Ha ha ha telling about wasting those five minutes. PS. Catherine or Rowie lost your number. She's a gramdmar and doesn't have Instagram and doesn't use Facebook and only uses email, and even then she probably still uses She says, I'm from Roy's little sister Ange, and then I said me read yours. Then oh I haven't read mine, Beggy.
Speaker 3: Okay, so neither neither of us has heard that.
Speaker 2: But can I please see my recount of our friendship and how what I was thinking is so reflective of exactly what I've just written the whole like you're the Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you totally said I told it accurately, even with a that's gonna fly out the audio so bad. I'm gonna understand that. No one's gonna understand that I can't even talks.
Speaker 3: We've done a podcast like face to face.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, guys, we're doing as you can hear, audio is the same. We're in person.
Speaker 3: In person, this is the most exciting, Okay.
Speaker 1: But it also means you don't get the amazing visuals of us, like eye rolling at each other.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're just one of the next day, I lovely, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, close to the microphone. Just push me away from you, like blocking out everyone's ear holes.
Speaker 3: We're not even start questioning my exclamation, explamation, exclamation. Thank you so much for the lovely measures. Of course I remember you both.
Speaker 1: I don't do this movement, so.
Speaker 2: It's so grateful for the lovely words. And can't believe you're the green counter.
Speaker 3: To exclamation, exclamation, exclamation, explanation and explamation.
Speaker 2: So funny about mac grob t Uni boredom bah ha ha ha. I actually just laughed out that in a cafe.
Speaker 3: She probably did not.
Speaker 1: She emailed me, didn't even crack a smile.
Speaker 2: She emailed me yesterday. Actually, I was so excited the three of us should catch up. Greenhearts times five. I want to hear all about the green counter and oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that video dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: I can't decide if I really want to see it again or keep pretending it never happened.
Speaker 1: Ellipses, we got drama dots.
Speaker 3: I never take my.
Speaker 2: Dms because I'm always on the match made in account, but my email is hello at matchmaiden.
Speaker 3: Dot com, and I was like, oh my god, we have to talk via email all My phone number is one.
Speaker 2: Give me your digits and let's have Breki and then you converted it to red Hearts, and that's when.
Speaker 3: I knew it was love.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, greenhearts were for everybody. Red hearts were like family only legit. So oh I got so.
Speaker 3: Cute, Oh my god. And then our next Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'd love how this is purely an exercise for us, Like most people listening, I've tuned out by now, like this is not the eighth.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is.
Speaker 2: Valentine galland anyway, so I just wanted the next day and then you responded. But so that was FAB fifth or something. The next DM we had after that was me replying to your story in November twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: From Fab to November, When when did we actually have the catcher?
Speaker 3: Like twenty days after that because I'd come back.
Speaker 1: Why though, because we started working together like straight off.
Speaker 3: But I think always love messages and I had not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well by that time, I was already calling you bim, stop it, not Bimbo. And I think Bimbo was the level one.
Speaker 2: Bim because I think you went paddleboarding. And I responded and I said, Bim, did you even move from the shore, because that doesn't count because.
Speaker 1: You were already bagging me out. My second message in wait you did bim It wasn't Bimbo.
Speaker 3: Was bim That's like really quick, that's really cuick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's our love story everyone, So now you know fifty five minutes later, that's why we haven't done.
Speaker 2: On the podcast, people were trying to ask and they were like, how did you meet? Is not the brevity, like, not the brief story story?
Speaker 1: The real story today?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: I honestly, can't you make me nervous?
Speaker 1: Okay, because she's still fan curling. Also, the other thing that's happened is we got like real clothes real quick, and I think, like, you know every part of our life. And she has a house key to her house, Like that isn't that's a big deal for us? You just could go you lived with us for like a year when you're on placement. That's a big like like your family, and you hang out at our house with my parents like our family when we're not even there. But we've gotten so close now that like you just don't like when people like, Hi, Sarah, like why are you talking to her? She's so lame? Like you just don't like when my book launched, she's like, I don't even like read it.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. She said that to my house right the other day, I was like, okay, I have another book which I haven't read.
Speaker 3: My best friend wrote it.
Speaker 1: I still haven't read it, but on page forty two and she read it two years ago, like when I do speaking gigs and stuff, and she's like, why are these people here? No? Get it, No, you're so like you're so desensitized.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, okay, desensitized sounds better, But I'm very much like, yes, you deserve to have all these people.
Speaker 1: Here, except that you're also like why are they are? Which is also what I'm like. I'm also like my why Okay?
Speaker 3: What so means is that is that I see her as just my best friend Sarah.
Speaker 2: I forget that there's this other, like like business, suber successful side of Sarah until we go out and we're trying to shop for clothes and someone's like, are you sore?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Because but do you know do you not think I'm exactly like that with everyone? Like I'm how I am with everyone?
Speaker 2: No, you're the same person, yeah, Like I'm not like, well, I wouldn't be friends with you if you were two different people.
Speaker 1: Except if I was better off. Wait what No, I feel like one of the things I've always wanted is to be the same in real life when people meet me then as what they thought I was, you know what I mean about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's also I wouldn't be friends with you, like I don't think I I don't care for status. Yeah, yeah, enough for I would only be friends with you because I thought you were the same po that I like. Obviously, you've got partnerships and things where you take photos and that's this, but that's not a different side of you. That's just another Yeah, Like that's an extension of what you like to do and fashion and makeup and things.
Speaker 1: We spoke about that recently though, that that's like the biggest compliment you could ever give me. Isn't like I love your work or whatever. It's that it's, Oh, you're exactly how I thought you're. Like, Oh I want that to be yeah, like you're really approachable.
Speaker 3: I'd like to think that that's still what people think of us.
Speaker 1: I think it's mainly because you've fared my Instagram all the time, so people are like, oh, Okay, she's like chilled because she lets that happen.
Speaker 3: No, she doesn't let that happen. She has no choice. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, so Neighborhood Watch, lots of beautiful things have happened this week. We've had lots of lovely messages about our episodes recently as well, which is really nice. I feel like people are making more effort to send messages when something really resonates with them, and that just means the world. Because again I've said, I say it all the time. You guys know, we can't see you as we're recording because you're not listening while we're recording. You listen later, so I forget or I forget that it can have an impact or how it might have an impact. And it means so much to get feedback also, so that we know what lands and what doesn't like a e Andrew's bow talk.
Speaker 2: Well, I got pretty far without but I hate to burst your bubble, but they're actually all my burner accounts.
Speaker 1: So you've love letters from all your other your finsters. Yea, yeah, I already knew. So we have a beautiful follower who I've been messaging back and forth for ages. Now. Her name is Marie. She's absolutely lovely, super super active member of the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: We love Marie, Marie, I chat to you, I feel like on the rag as well, but also have never seen Marie.
Speaker 1: We've never seen Marie. But even like our first years of our lives, Marie sent this little meme friendship is having each other's worst photos and like this cute little thing, and she said, this is one for you, and and that was like back in October. It's so so sweet. She's so lovely, look how active.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love Marie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marie, we love you so much. You're just the absolute loveliest. So she gave us a little clarification on the Gardener Brothers that we sent. So I had said something about the tap dancing shoes, and then she sent a message explaining a little bit more about them. So I thought I would play that audio for you guys, because I love when you guys send audio messages. I think it's really sweet. So this is what she said.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sarah, So I've just arrived at school to teach, but I was listening to your chat with and and you mentioned the Gardener Brothers, which then my heart was like, whooh, so Matt and Michael. I've danced with Michael in a show years ago. But these are the shoes that they use. So in Iish dancing, you actually have two pairs of shoes. I have the other pair down there because I'm teaching this afternoon. Are they're soft shoes or pumps they call them in Ireland, and these either called heavies or hard shoes. Now, they're different to tap shoes, so obviously they both make a tap sound as such, but this before was actually fiberglass, so it's a different element material than tap shoes. And yeah, it makes obviously just tapped up my steering real clearly that's not going to make much sound. But yeah, so I thought i'd let you know that they are different to tap shoos. They are amazing and what they do is insane. There's so much work that goes in to be able to move your feet obviously that fast, and the technique and tricks that they have, so yeah, isn't that so fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry that we just assumed there were tap shoes.
Speaker 2: But I love Yeah, I love learning new cultures and Ireland is a place I haven't been yet, and it's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We went to our dear friend Moira's wedding there with Cat Laura. Shout out Cat Laura, Liz, Moira, my dear friends also from mcrob. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Also they know.
Speaker 1: Catherine and they also like obviously they know you now us, but they knew you back then as well. Oh my loves. We had the most amazing time in Killarney. It was wonderful. It was so wonderful, but we didn't Irish dance, although there was a lot of Irish dancing. It was amazing. It was like Ribbondance. Do you remember Ribondance?
Speaker 3: Said pre ninety seven?
Speaker 1: Totally asking the wrong person here and Michael Flatley. Anyway, Marie, thank you so much. It was always so wonderful to learn new things. You guys know. I love a niche market and a niche area of interest, so I love learning more about Irish dancing. Now I feel like next she should send me a video of her Irish dancing, yeah, Marie, or we should go to Marie's Marie, can we do a neighborhood dance session?
Speaker 2: I have true left feet, so this will be for the lolls for you, But I would I will take it very serious iceling, I won't try, but.
Speaker 3: It won't be very successful. But I'm given a hot crack.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's such a good idea. We should do that for the live events as well this year, like now that we can were starting to be able to get you know, a little bit more in person events going, so I want to do a live show again, but also like beautiful neighborhood activities. Also, Marie's family is still in a dairy farm in Ireland, so look at the cows. You know how we love cars.
Speaker 3: Oh so cute.
Speaker 1: A minute, I think she's here, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I forget that l Instagram is a global she's in Cidia cdakay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we love you Marie and anyone else who wants to send us. There's actually been a lot more. I should have really screenshoted more things and been a bit more organized overill for next episode. But thank you so much, Maray and guys always please send us beautiful things that you see. A couple of other things I have seen this week. I told you about this on our walk the other day, and an eleven year old girl with Down syndrome was bullied at her school in North Macedonia. We hate bullying like you and I don't really even use the word hate that often, but we hate bullying and flies and okay, oh my god, and I have many NaSTA, very long tolerance, lots of patients, very easy going but actually furious serious like furiously like swearing, which also never happens about the flies here.
Speaker 2: Okay, it didn't swear, get to that point, but I did tell you to stop laughing at me because it's not funny.
Speaker 3: You like, I was like wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, eleven year old girls down syndrome bullied at her school in North Macedonia after parents have other students complained about her being in the same class. This week, the president walked her to school himself, not the president of the school, the president of the country. I love it when people use their positions for things like that. Me too, And also read this on a different page. But the same day, the first fully qualified scaffold out with down syndrome has just qualified Todd Scanlon.
Speaker 2: You know, bim that downs and disability I have such a sosspot for I know because I appreciate and love them so much in society and I wish they were more appreciated and loved and treated equal in such a like a deep, deep deep way in my soul.
Speaker 1: And hut, I know, I know. It is Winter Olympics, so we are back to crying over the Olympics and nations uniting together. Max Parrot. Ten months after the twenty eighteen Winter Olympics, Canadian snowboarder Max Parrot felt a lump in his neck and was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. So, those of you who have listened to Briani Benjamin's episode from last week, it was the same type of cancer and both of them obviously incredibly young. He had to stop everything. He underwent twelve chemotherapy treatments over the span of six months, so very intense, kind of drop everything, stop your career, no thought about the next Olympics. Three years later, he returned at the Games and won gold during the men's snowboarding Lifestyle at the Beijing twenty twenty two Winter Olympics. That's so incredible, Well, my heart so much. Oh, this one's just a silly, cute one. Did you see the video of the cute little Asian girl covering the dog's ears because there were fireworks?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, look at this video. I'll share it on the THEA page. The fireworks start going off, and this tiny little girl in this cute little pink puffa jacket was worried about the dog cool and she covers his ees. It just made me really happy. I've saved it on like three different pages. I loved an eight year old in Idaho in second grade. He made a book like by himself. He drew all the pictures, made the story. He snuck it onto the library shelf, and it's got a two year waiting list.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh my gosh, I've not seen that one.
Speaker 4: Was so good.
Speaker 1: They're so cute. Yeah, I just screenshot all these good news things because the thing is, I don't think there are less good news stories going around. I just think we don't hear about them as much because they're not, you know, controversial stuff obviously eclipses these kind of stories in the news. I don't know why. What else has been really cute this week? Oh? A tomato wholesaler. I think this was on the ABC. Earth based wholesaler shout out to EPT Produce and its director has worked with a local packaging company to find a suitable alternative to the plastic punnets that hold cherry and grape tomatoes. So he started rolling out plastic free punnets made from recyclable cardboard, which obviously in the in an industry where so much of our produce is packaged in plastics, speaking, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Have you been getting take away and take away cups?
Speaker 1: I haven't bought my keep cup? You know how, We're going to buy one from locally, and that place didn't have them, so I've got to buy mone tomorrow. But yes, I am. You've reminded. We got a message about someone else being reminded about that. I do, Yes, we did.
Speaker 3: We made a packed last week.
Speaker 2: We did make a path only going to drink take away out of keep cups, but in this trip we have not, and I feel very guilty.
Speaker 1: We have yours with you.
Speaker 3: Yes, my bad, we keep forgetting to bring you.
Speaker 1: No, we need to be better than that. And I think I think there's more stories, but I think we've already talked for a long time today.
Speaker 3: Shall we finished with a quote? Have fun? Okay?
Speaker 1: Thanks bem. Also, I feel like I did screench a lot more things, but we've already talked to you years off so please keep sending them to USK. I'm going to start resharing them on the page after a little pole that you guys want to hear more good news stories, and we'll obviously share them on here as well. Someone else sent me another one that I just remembered now, but I'll save that for next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, In celebration of the love for Very fourteen, which I never I never really get around it, but but this is a I guess, credit to all the.
Speaker 3: Types of love there is out there that's not just romantic.
Speaker 2: There's platonic love, there's unconditional love, poppy love, popul love is romantic, there's intimate all sorts. And this is one of my favorites from doctor SEUs. We are all a little weird, and life's a little weird, and when we find someone who's weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
Speaker 1: Doctor SEUs, Bim, we are definitely in mutual weirdness.
Speaker 3: We are mutual.
Speaker 1: We are in mutual, We are in food of mutual wekness. We need to explain that now, practicing my providers, we obviously always karaoke and just family. If you follow angil or you'll know they have a full professional karaoke setup. They don't go to karaoke because I've got it set up at home, lights, microphones, everything. And when we got to this airbnb, which I will share the details of because lots of your vast and we've only recently realized we should not be sharing that until we leave, but we will be sharing those when we leave because it's a beautiful place. We walked in first thing and fines ten am in the morning on the first morning, a karaoke machine, an actual karaoke machine, leaving over five stars machine stars machine. Absolute essential family holiday, so honestly, but so we started singing. So we've been singing the whole way in the car. Then we started singing on the karaoke and then and head. We also both played in orchestra at macrob very nerdy. There was a big museo nerd side of us and we laugh about we re kindled all the terminology. You know, when you know something so intimately for a period of your life, then you forget all the words and then you come back to them. So we were learning about crotchets and semi crotchets and semi quavers.
Speaker 3: And crotchets just semi quavers and quavers and.
Speaker 1: Crotchets and semi crotchets are there, semi crotchets no anyway, crutches there are crossed anyway. Whatever, And remembering all the Muso words, and we were talking about singing in vibrato.
Speaker 3: I said, I've been practicing that and did this stupid thing like.
Speaker 1: Where she put her finger in her ear. We need the visuals again.
Speaker 3: That's the words.
Speaker 1: So funny to us and no one else.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Thank you for being in mutual weirdness.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 1: You're wrapping me up on my own show.
Speaker 3: This is when you cue it. We really need that. Yeah, I should bring like a little like sound things, would we now?
Speaker 1: Also, so one of the things on my good news story thing two of them. Another one was that a school teacher was like, wanted to see how many students paid attention to the end of the note that he was writing, and so at the very end he said, please put in your assignment a photo of an otter. And he forgot that he said that, and then started getting all these assignments back with pictures of honors in the middle, and he was like, what are these oddis? And then he remembered that he put a nugget to check who was listened to the end reading to the end. So we should at the end of every Years of Our Lives episode put a nugget in and be like, send us a picture of something.
Speaker 3: Yeap, send us a picture of your best you and your best friend, but.
Speaker 1: The ugliest photo that he has to go. Yep, we will not share them anywhere, but there should be a prize for the best one. Huney Yeah, okay, So our nugget for today that we're hiding in the very last moments of these episode is please send us the ugliest photo of you and your best friend or or the best the best, and I promise we won't share that audio on the show, I swear unless you let us. But also it can be a picture not of you and your best friend, but the worst picture of them that you've taken in your phone but you're keeping for a special occasion, because we also have plenty of those of each other.
Speaker 3: Just dog the boys pretty much absolutely dog your boys.
Speaker 1: But I promise it won't go any further unless you want it to. In which case, please send it and say please repost this and tag this person and oh my good okay, and if you guys did enjoy this one, if you think we're funny, if you think we're not funny, please give us feedback. Keep those messages coming, because it helps us to know how not to do the same thing next time.
Speaker 3: Leave a review. Vibrato co word.
Speaker 1: Word Thank you guys. I hope you're having an amazing week, Happy Gallentines, Valentines, whatever you're celebrating, and hope you're seeing your yea oh