Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast.
Speaker 2: Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly. The best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned entrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar.
Speaker 1: Sez the Ya is a series.
Speaker 2: Of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 3: Oh people, it's literally am of a Poco.
Speaker 2: Ll Nick was eating a Poko bowl for lunch that he brought home and then he handed it to me and I had a crack at it, and then I couldn't with boll the division, so An just just fat in the dregs. Oh my god, we have the weirdest setup today, guys. As you guys know by now we record sometimes in the studio, but sometimes we were just record from home. Yeah, of our liies, we usually recorded our place, and we kind of have this cute little setup where we put this table on the floor, put the MIC's on the table, and then we sit with Paul, usually on cushions. And Ang was really comfy on the bed today and she's like, can you just put the whole table and the mics on top of the bed so we have a coffee table on the bed with the.
Speaker 4: Micro Actually thought you'd say, though, and I'm doing this thing, I have moved to zero inches for this podcast to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have innovative workplace practices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you think it's easier.
Speaker 2: She's like, look, it's so much easier. You didn't have to move. I'm like, you didn't have to you didn't move one centimeter. Also the problem with recording domestically is that there's some kind of like building noise going on in the background. I know, if you guys can hear that.
Speaker 1: Can you hear that?
Speaker 2: What is that? Is it like a lawnmower or something? Anyway, Anyway, if you do hear it, it's not and fighting or it could be and fighting.
Speaker 4: I have done. I was actually going to tell you before I've done like five poos today. Damn, it's only.
Speaker 1: You are not okay, but I.
Speaker 4: Know what's being going on today.
Speaker 1: But that's pretty normal for you, though.
Speaker 4: I feel well sometimes I do it least two every morning.
Speaker 2: Wow. And then I feel like people get such good value out of you on this shop, like they really need that information.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god, because I feel that people seen.
Speaker 2: Firstly, just quickly since we recorded last, I don't think i've seen you so like when you guys hear us catching up on what's been happening in our lives, it's.
Speaker 1: Actually our real time true.
Speaker 2: So just quickly before we get to this year that yeah, which is only the second time I've ever done that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it.
Speaker 2: If we do it all the time, we s and I squeezed in two guest episodes in a row because it was Men's Health Week.
Speaker 5: Because we did that stupid thing where we go, oh yeah, let's plan for Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you're not free, let's do any other.
Speaker 5: Any a all day every day, but not thirst day between eleven and four and Friday between nine and.
Speaker 2: So I had to do the guest episode this week because I wanted it to be we had Kieren Kennedy and Scotti Henderson, who were two absolute legends. I wanted it to time with our every year we do the June Men's Health Week episode and it was also national Blood Don't a week. Okay, that is we'd never time I was try.
Speaker 4: That was very new guys. I was caught off gone.
Speaker 2: So so it's really interesting that fell on the same leak. So you just want to donate. Do you have plasma or blood?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I always do plasma because plasma means I can donate more often and plasma has more versatility, not like ones better than the other. But there's often times where Red Cross will Lifeblood will ask for particular blood or plasma o ver the other, just because what's whatever they're in need of.
Speaker 4: I think at the.
Speaker 5: Minute they're actually in need of blood. It's my thing is that if you see an ad being like we need blood, they desperately need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't do it unless it's fir Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's not me My cue to be like, nah, you got to get in now.
Speaker 2: Same they'll send an email and they because they know your blood type I think it's really cool, like if they specifically need a type, they'll email the people who have that type and say, guys, if anyone is available, we really really need oh positive or negative or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: It's probably the one marketing emails that I'll happily get because it's it's when I know how desperate they are for But sometimes even when you get there, they'll actually be like, we really need plasma right now. Would you be happy to switch your plasma to blood?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A few times, which I like because I feel like it's really gay.
Speaker 1: Where it's needed and what is needed, and.
Speaker 5: So I didn't really need They didn't ask for that this morning, and I didn't see the ad for the blood until after me so donated plasma plasma, which can do every two weeks, and I didn't think that I could because of the hand vagina.
Speaker 2: Anyone doesn't know what you're talking about if you've just joined us recently, because sometimes that does happen. You do need to get contact before you just drop hand vagina in there. Sorry, Yeah, inclusive.
Speaker 5: Week two weeks and a half, almost three weeks ago. Now, I last like I split my finger webbing and one of the comments that I had from a fellow physia.
Speaker 1: When they first were.
Speaker 4: They were like, oh man, that's your hand, Vagina. And I put this it's.
Speaker 2: Like photo join all.
Speaker 5: I put this photo of the dressed wound up and I said, this is like, it's a bit too graphic to show you the actual wound, but if you if you really want to see it, just dare me. Like, and over one hundred people, well like, can I see your hand?
Speaker 4: Can I see the hand Vagina really wanted to see?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Like I spent three, like two hours just forwarding people these photos and like every response was like, oh my god, that really does look like a hand, Vagina. So now it's caught in hand with China, but it's it's now closed up, stitched up, and this has been removed.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you thought.
Speaker 2: You couldn't donate because there's really stringent requirements, of course, but there isn't.
Speaker 5: There isn't because I think the stringency makes people feel like they can't. Other people feel like they can't donate when they actually can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well you thought you couldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they always recommend to call because there's more often than not you actually can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And guys one in three Australians need blood, but only one in thirty currently donates. And every time you donate blood, you help to save three different lives. So it is such an easy thing to do. Like you and I don't even change the way we schedule our day after a donation.
Speaker 4: And it's not doesn't take much out of your day.
Speaker 5: And also one in I think one in three, and sometimes it starts a higher but tend to cancel their appointments.
Speaker 1: Which makes it really hard, especially in cold and flu season.
Speaker 4: Con flu season, winter, summer, actually every season.
Speaker 5: But someone when I went just naming when I went in summer, they were like mercury, Yeah, Megory's in the microway.
Speaker 1: Micro but yeah.
Speaker 5: So I used to do it every two weeks and then my iron was low for period, so I had to take some time off. But I'm back now. And there's the other thing you can donate with, you know, some particular health issues. You just have to call them. They'll give you an idea. You can even donate after you've gone overseas.
Speaker 4: You just have to happen.
Speaker 1: In this exact sentence, it's the ball.
Speaker 4: The guys.
Speaker 2: It has been National Blood Donor Week from the twelfth to the eighteenth of June. And this is actually I just realized going to come out after that. But there was a really cool artwork by a local artist and an Instagram filter.
Speaker 1: Did you use Instagram filter?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was so funny one of the birds flying around. You can get the bandage until the first of July, can you? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm wearing it right now.
Speaker 1: Are you actually?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you did yours this morning.
Speaker 2: I love it when they do artists collaboration.
Speaker 4: Last time we went, they had the indigenous ones.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Oh, the bird's really pretty.
Speaker 2: You get like key rings and stickers of that artwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can win keyring stickers only. I'm two away from my next milestone, which is twenty five.
Speaker 2: I love seeing guys. You should follow life Blood on Instagram. I love seeing people who are up to like their three hundred ridiculous fifty.
Speaker 5: It's fifty this guy, Jeff, it's amazing. It's so amazing.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I don't even know my artois would laught that long, but I mean my bains will laughs that long.
Speaker 2: But here we are anyway. So that's what What else have you been up to hand? Vagina here m.
Speaker 5: Vagina stitch just came out on two days two and like I was saying to you, I was like, the handthrapers are amazing, but they're cooked because as a physio, I'm like, yeah, we've got high risk tolerance. When more of them not, we're like, yeah, you can return to sport now and people are too scared or whatever, You're like, no, I think you're ready.
Speaker 4: These had therapiers though, love them to death from the rong Albourne. I actually really do love them. They've been really awesome.
Speaker 5: They take out the stitch and it's been two weeks after the laceration or the you know split, the woo, the womb, the vagant, and then they were like, oh, so where's footy this weekend. I was like, well, I'm not playing specs hater.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They were like why not. I was like, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I reckon, You're going to be a bit nervy around for like a while. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think, yeah, it's it's healed, and it's it's healed, like I think it's the skin is together.
Speaker 4: But I was like, footy is just such.
Speaker 5: A direct impact on my hand type sport where and so many variables, tackling, falling on the ground, balling like mud wet weather footy. That and I play in the midfield, so it's a bit you know, you're just going to be in it all the time. I'm not in a rush to need to come back to footy. I went back to boxing yesterday and even.
Speaker 2: That was like that was really hood.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and then and then but you're got your hand in the glove with that, So yeah, I'll come back to footy.
Speaker 4: But I've got really cool things coming with anyway.
Speaker 2: Do you tell are you allowed to tell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jirsty reach down. They're like, would you be willing to assistant.
Speaker 2: Coach our school program?
Speaker 5: All Nations team under fifteen times? So it's an under fifteen team and the Nations team is filled with people that were born out out of Australia.
Speaker 2: But do they speak and because it's like a very, it's a very cool very. It's a very particular length. Languidge Langwich. What did I do when it was because and she's in the word language langd it was better of my head.
Speaker 4: Post production.
Speaker 2: My whole life is my in truth. If I was just winning, that's really exciting. The work you do with apl diversity is actually so cool. I love that there are these programs because it didn't exist when we were younger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's sporadic, but I love being a part of it. So that's really exciting.
Speaker 5: Still, Like around the footy club boxing, we've had life career chats.
Speaker 1: We did have big.
Speaker 2: We have one day a week physically together and we started last time at nine am and we spoke to like twelve yeah about live chats, and then we started working. It's because Sarah and I had the same our brain is the same, Like we were working.
Speaker 5: On a new thing today and we both at the same time screen like we had to choose these particular designs.
Speaker 1: Like twenty choices, and we chose the same three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like your your message was loading as I was. My message was loading being sent, and it came to like the same time, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, there were my picks.
Speaker 2: And you were like pis mop boxics.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I think that I guess the main thing is nothing otherwise overly intense, just like Lis pretty good at the moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, other than the hand vagina, well.
Speaker 4: You know the hand vagina. Someone one of the trainers at foot, he said, must be hard looking after Vaina, I was like, you want to know, Dan, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Growth, I'm going to stop us there on the.
Speaker 4: IRL.
Speaker 2: You're not so bad though. In between episodes, I'm always like, what have I done since then? I have no idea what I did yesterday? Tell you what I've been doing since last time? Our Cleanse with Friends hasn't come out yet, so that was what we just finished doing last time, which was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 2: But we will share it with you guys, of course, because obviously obviously it will be hilarious. You've had hous of wellness've had hous of wellness. We've been working on a lot of fun stuff for Cca, some of which hasn't come out yet, so quite a few things you'll have to wait a little bit longer before. But we did launch another spontaneous Melbourne in real life event. So we've been saying for a while that we've been planning the next dates, but this amazing business reached out to us in Melbourne and we were like, well, a lot of people missed out last time, and you know, if we can fit one in, you know, while Winter's kind of raging, like to get everyone out of the house and do something fun, because it was this amazing business where you can it's similar vibe of a really tactile platia where you paint and you do something creative, but it's acrylic pore over paint on bears, which is the funnest.
Speaker 1: It's called Bear with Us, and we.
Speaker 2: Were just like, yes, we can come and bring the able because that would be so much fun and if.
Speaker 5: Anyone has any other ideas of fun random activities like that, Like I think we loved the painting obviously, but I feel like everyone's kind of probably everyone's kind of done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything tactile, like can you.
Speaker 5: Take me to Type D, let's make a curtain rod, you know anything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it just came out of the left fields and then we're like, sure, let's you're another Melbourne event. And then it sold out in like less than twenty four hours and we were like not expecting that, I know, which is so lovely. But then by the time we did another episode, I'm like, I can't even spook it because it's already sold out. So thank you so much for everyone who's coming. We can't wait to meet you all. I'm so sorry to anyone who missed out, particularly if you missed out last time. But if you guys keep setting through your suggestions of other cool, tactile fun things we can do, like ceramics or anything interesting, let us do organize the more.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've just remembered another significant thing that's happened for you as your virtual a system, my f.
Speaker 1: You're my robot system.
Speaker 4: You announced you now purchase Do I not announce that?
Speaker 2: Last time?
Speaker 4: I remember I was like can I and you're like, oh yeah, and you shook your head.
Speaker 2: Did I really shake my head? Did I do the code of silence?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you hadn't posted about it yet.
Speaker 2: Oh I wonder why.
Speaker 4: Why I did that.
Speaker 2: It was really fresh.
Speaker 4: It had been probably a couple of days with something.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yes, oh my gosh, I hadn't spoken about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we bought a house, which is so surreal and so exciting. It's been yeah, many, many, many years in the making. We've been planning this for a long time, looking for a really long time. Obviously the world has been through a lot of crazy changes in the market has been Yeah, I mean there's really no other way to describe except crazy, and yeah, I guess we never really sort of thought we'd end up actually buying out, like you know, something you dream of as a little kid. And the post we actually posted was pictures of us when we were little cute, like Nick with his little toolbox and his dream was to have a house to diy and like renovate and mine was like me with a tea cozy on my head doing interior design and holding a light globe thing so obviously I've got lighting covered. And it was just like a really nice reflection of.
Speaker 1: What our little selves would have thought like that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's such a I think we're all in this. You know, we talk about all the time on the show, we're all in this, like hustle to do big life milestones. But then when you get there, you don't really stop and think about how cool it is that you actually made it and what younger you would have felt like you kind of often just go okay, cool, what's next, or oh, this one's really cool? But like when we have a bigger house, and especially you know, it's a really hard time as well for a lot of people. There's a big cost of living crisis, and we definitely didn't think that we would be able to buy a house in that kind of you know, landscape. So we feel very very lucky. We were the second last bider is at six or seven auctions or something, so it was a total emotional rollercoaster. But we found, like, you guys know, we're thinking of planning a family, so that was kind of what was.
Speaker 4: Driving brand new information.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, we found we found the home that we want to start a family, and so it was really exciting.
Speaker 1: So special.
Speaker 4: The most important thing it.
Speaker 1: Has a room.
Speaker 2: Band Yeah we always okay, so someone left me a comment. Actually, people were so lovely, like just so supportive, And I think you do always if you have a profile that's public, you do always worry a little bit that there might be backlash about good news, which is such a weird thing to even think about, but of course it's it's natural. So I was really worried about that. But everyone was so supportive and lovely. And the main comment I got was well, at least and we'll have a room, right, And I thought, ha ha, they think that's a joke. But every place we went to, you know, I was like, okay, well that's the Andrew room, like in every place in the floorplane, and I was like, well that's where and just going.
Speaker 4: To say every every four floorplane. You showed me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it had an answer, so well, that will be nixed office, that will be your room, that will be the nursery, changed the studio to the nursery, and you keep your roof and.
Speaker 1: Your wing like genuinely.
Speaker 2: But then we literally ran into your friend as I was going, and then Chris walked around the corner. I was like, and he was like, was like, no, she's not here, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, this will be her right. I showed him where your room would be.
Speaker 4: You my love, But I genuinely love the house.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: I think it was like a you.
Speaker 5: It was really refreshing with you guys. I feel like everyone around my age was buying houses and it felt really like well everyone like mid twenties buying house kind of thing. It felt like everyone was like not rushing the milestone, but it was like it was a thing that you had to get done, whereas you guys just bought it when you were ready to buy it, and you didn't feel like you had to, like because everyone else was doing it like, which is actually quite refreshing because I feel like otherwise, I feel that it actually does feel quite pressuring when everyone around you is like either getting married, having kids or buying a house. You guys genuinely have just followed your own timeline, which is.
Speaker 2: Actually really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never thought about that.
Speaker 2: I do actually think when you think about it, it's not that it's like late well, not that there's any relativity of late early whenever, but you're right, like a lot of our friends have had their own places for a while, and then there are a lot of our friends who have decided they never want to have a place and they'll keep the disposable income and like spend it on other things because obviously home ownership is increasingly challenging and like a huge commitment. But yeah, we definitely spent quite a few years in the whole like seize the ya, like we don't need to know we want to live our lives. But it's yeah, it's really really exciting. It's a big milestone. I'm really excited and proud, and it's very nineties. So I've only like, I think, because we don't have the keys yet, I've only done like a few little sneaky peaks of what it looks like. But it's like a lot of terra cotta tiles. It's like, it's like, literally, if you imagine nineteen ninety five, that's what everything in the house in me that was bringing the best ninety Oh my, I need to leave right now. You need to leave negative into anyway, if you guys who know what ninety ninety five looks like, that's what the house looks like. I can't love it, though, but we're going to be doing lots of renovations and lots of i y and keeping it kind of budget friendly, because you know Bouja Theo, the budget god.
Speaker 4: No. I was on a different train of thought of thinking about when your mom was so sad, You're never going to comfort me.
Speaker 2: She's like, we have to have a dinner every week where we have like a family roa.
Speaker 1: She's so cute.
Speaker 4: Minutes from where you are.
Speaker 1: It's just like a neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And also, I'm like, you all we all have keys to each other, Like we're all gonna have k You already have a key to this house, so everyone's gonna have a key to the next.
Speaker 1: So friendly, she's so cute.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you guys love renoviations as much as I do, you'll be getting bombarded from like mid July.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's very very exciting.
Speaker 2: Step I think, yeah, that would definitely be the biggest thing I've done in the too. What else I think that's it would just been working. We had a cute little staycation last week's World Wellness Day, World Wellness Hour actually, which was really nice. Got back into meditation, which I haven't been doing in a long time and Nick hasn't been doing it a long time, so that was really nice. He's gone back to Tasiania this week.
Speaker 5: I almost pulled you up and I was almost going to celebrate the fact that you didn't say.
Speaker 2: That I made it meditiation, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Thank god, keep going, keep meditiation. It was a purping moment.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 2: It's so much funny when he say.
Speaker 4: Got into amitiation.
Speaker 2: See your face, despe That was so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh god. Okay, anyway, we've had a really good but we've both been really busy.
Speaker 2: So we've recorded a few more new episodes with some really exciting guess we'll have that coming your way, but mainly we have been gathering this yeay or that yeay? Questionment, Oh my god, this show is such chaos. Okay, so you got some I have some amazing ones, Okay. And the first one is I can't be naked in front of my dogg O, which is not really this year or that yet, but question it's just confessionals. No, but what I what it made me think of, which is so true new segment. No, but I actually think it's like, do you it's this year or that you yay? Do you like get your dog out of the room or pet any pet? Do you have to remove them before you get naked, like to get changed or have a shower or like have sexy time or do you just leave them in there? Is it?
Speaker 4: Do you or should you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's do you because it's dc A or that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like your choice Okay, answer is no, you like room in the room? Yeah? I know what you just just I know? Okay.
Speaker 2: I feel like if it was like a turtle right six years later, you get dressed like an animal that doesn't have super expressive personality, like I don't know, a hermit crab or something like, you could leave it in there.
Speaker 1: Like a goldfish. But like dogs look at you, they.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 2: I know it's bad you should you No? I think it's oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Well should you?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 4: But do I sometimes for time purposes? Yeah, gotta do that.
Speaker 2: In the moment you go to see my new now bye? Oh my god, so that was from our fall. We always get Paul out. Have you met him? She would have a.
Speaker 1: Full manty bee you doing to her?
Speaker 2: Get off? Why are you making those noises? Upset? We're talking about for any nakedness.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're just talking about getting changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if I'm just getting changed, I won't get like kick him fully out of the room, but I'll go behind the covered door. Okay, well getting well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like if he's I'll go behind that door.
Speaker 5: No, so getting changed, no, the other deeds like it's it's sometimes sometimes I know he's in his cage and.
Speaker 2: That's even worse. And now he's forced to look at you.
Speaker 4: Then then it's covered by town.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Guys, we need your help, maybe your pet or not. For any kind of nakedness, we should.
Speaker 5: Obviously, but practicality in the share house not all.
Speaker 4: Remember that's it.
Speaker 6: Is a little.
Speaker 2: Conditions and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: That was a great one. That was the first one that came through, and I loved it because I was like, that is a good question because I think we all think that we would get rid of them, like lock them out, but then really, yeah, okay, this is a very interesting one that only applies if you eat this food. But I think a lot of us do. I love scones, jam and cream. So do you go cream then jam?
Speaker 4: Who's a freak does that? Okay?
Speaker 2: So apparently quite a lot of people od jam then cream. I'm jam and cream always. How do you spread jam? Cream?
Speaker 1: What the hell you just dollop it on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I think from logistical standpoint, you need to put like the jam to spread it on the crescon and then you PLoP the cream on top. But there are people who do cream then jam. Okay, you know what you need to make this a space of non.
Speaker 6: Judgment only one yea and my.
Speaker 2: Hey, we haven't said that in years, Huawei, Where did it even come from?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 4: From where? Oh? Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that was also a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love to know who puts jam on cream and people not Again, this is the face of non judgment.
Speaker 4: So because we have to defend themselves, but you shouldn't have to defend this.
Speaker 2: Explain, explorational, Yeah, yeah, discuss. Yeah, I think it's definitely jam then cream, but you know you do you Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand how you spread jam on cream anyway. Sorry, I'm thinking to.
Speaker 2: But I'm open minded.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you're like, hate to be rude, but no offense, but like everyone each to their own, Like this is the safe space.
Speaker 2: But so long as she's happy, you know what if that makes you happy, then that's great. Yeah, that's like like, so long sus she seems happy.
Speaker 1: Though, I'm glad we didn't do this first.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't go through anything. Oh my god. Okay, save the favorite bit of food for last or eat it first.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one. Read three to one, say it first of all, ask three two one last. It's sad. Well.
Speaker 2: I think that it's sort of like a depression mentality or it depends like if you had siblings.
Speaker 1: Who were really aggressively for food. I think if you were.
Speaker 2: The kind of person who was like what if I can't fit in at the end, like you guarantee you start strong.
Speaker 5: It is my regret more often than not, because I get too full one the time I get to the end and I'm like yeah, and or it's like an egg that continues to cook and I'm like, oh now it's like hard boiled.
Speaker 2: Or it's like so anshers this thing no judgment because it makes her happy. But she does this thing what their poach y, which I think I was spoken about before, where she'll peel like even on a soft poached egg and primarily on a soft coached egg, and will like peel the white away from the yolk and leave the like wobbly yolk.
Speaker 1: It's just that little tody layer perfect.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, it's a clean circle and it's clean, there's no wine on it.
Speaker 2: But she will spend like maybe thirty five minutes doing ninety five percent of the egg, and then Nic will just get his fork and just like crush the whole yolk ganguinely.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I cry, but internally and so it doesn't make me happy.
Speaker 2: So I feel like in that case, you're like quick at the egg, But in every other case, I do do the egg first.
Speaker 5: You know, it's my favorite, but I think it's a bit like you know when there's like cellar leaves around you, like smashed aside all the ships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'm like all the yummy toppings. I say them to the end, but then I'm full of like green crap.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was a waste. Yeah, Okay, good question though, great question that keeps its great.
Speaker 2: I know we need to do a question box every week. Okay, this is back to the toothbrushing, but surprisingly people voted for water, then toothbrush, then water water, so this is a different one. Brush your teeth before makeup and hair, or brush your teeth after.
Speaker 4: Definitely before for me and hair after a bit too long?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean your beauty rootin is like pretty intense.
Speaker 4: Out of the house.
Speaker 5: Never'd be as long as getting the turtle out of the room.
Speaker 2: What is this persona?
Speaker 1: But you just cod of what do you I am before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I brush my teeth and then I do my hair and makeup because I feel like doing your makeup like it's like you're putting lips stuff on your lips and like if your teeth are dirty, it's gross.
Speaker 4: Which one do you ease?
Speaker 2: What toothbrush toothbrush? Would you even know which lip gloss. What do you think right now? I really like the way it's like plumping from the from the fifty basket.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, on the back of toothbrush.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you brush your teeth, to stand in the bathroom, when you walk around the house, Oh.
Speaker 2: I stand in the bathroom. Okay, do you walk around the.
Speaker 4: House, but traditionally yeah, but.
Speaker 5: Do tasks and then I realize, like toothbrushing needs one hand and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I definitely stay in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we have another segment next time? It's like, you know, I never have I ever?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely can, Except then the only people who are going to get outed are us. It's true, maybe at a group event, like when we do we should do it at the Melbourne event.
Speaker 4: Do you ever brush your teeth on the toilet? No, well that's wrong many people do, no judgment.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, oh I got a do to No, no, no, But do you ever do it in the shower?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not that's not like that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't really do you know what else you're supposed to do? Okay, this is Rince, What.
Speaker 4: Did you know? Not meant to rinse out.
Speaker 2: Just spit it out.
Speaker 1: You just be like chalky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna search it be okay.
Speaker 1: Also, I can't remember it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was Matt Agnew but he replied to me, Oh my god, I feel like bad. This's gonna be in the down. Matt is our dear friend. He messaged me and said that he sometimes just raw dogs at no water at all. Just too nice.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it makes you happy. Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: No, okay, do you do you ever dog?
Speaker 2: Do you ever raw dog your toothpaste? No water, let's dry. It's really bold, okay, but just quickly Yeah, back to the thing. Do you flush the toilet with the lid open or closed? And you have to close it because if your toothbrushes are like in the vicinity and I don't always.
Speaker 5: Close it, and but the flushes actually go I think that's been studies. It goes like even if it's far away within the in the bathroom space.
Speaker 4: That tends to re disgusting. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I googled it and HS said don't rinse your mouth immediately after brushing, as it washed the way the concentrated fluoride in the remaining toothpaste. Rasing dilutes and reduces its prementitive effects.
Speaker 1: Well that's rocked my Well, so this year, do you.
Speaker 4: Rinse after you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I always always so then you just feel it, but then you kind of like got to swallow, you.
Speaker 2: Know when you go to the dentist and they put fluoride on at the end and then like don't eat or drink. They just like just spit it out, and I'm like, no rinsing, So that must be like fel heavy.
Speaker 1: Do you floss?
Speaker 4: You already asked us me this you have a memory of, Like I know, I said no I should.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've done actually both of these before, I think, but not in our new segment in our brand news City.
Speaker 4: Yeah we do that.
Speaker 2: So sock shoe sock shoe or sock sox shu shoe.
Speaker 4: Oh we've done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember what your answer was.
Speaker 4: I put both both socks of them in one of my feet.
Speaker 2: Cold same okay, and tomato sauce fridge or pantry. You know ours is in the pantry.
Speaker 4: I think when I don't have it like you don't, I think I've recently been putting it in the fridge.
Speaker 2: So I think the actual like instructions once it's open, only once it's open, because my argument was always we'll look where it is in the supermarket aisle, yeah, which is obviously not refrigerated, but then it's after it's open.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Recently I bought an all like natural tomato sauce without like preservative stuff, so the fridge runs. I'm very wholesome, no, but also that's really good, thanks, so long as it makes my happy.
Speaker 1: What about chocolate fridge or pantry?
Speaker 5: Oh well, that's actually more about people's like personal taste of like firmness.
Speaker 2: What's your You aren't your aunt, You're not fridge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am not fridge usually, but I can alternate. Like sometimes it's nice having like a really like.
Speaker 2: Solid crunch to me, like part of the magic of chocolate is like a melty bit, not like fully melted, yeah yeah, but just a little melty yeah.
Speaker 4: Fair. Also brushing your teeth before after breakfast.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So this is actually a really interesting one because I was thinking about this the other day. So Nick is after because he's like, you don't want to go out into the day like with food as the last remaining thing, whereas I'm like, I don't want to put food in my mouth with like overnight fuzz. So technically, is it like before and after?
Speaker 4: I'm just before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just before because I can't like eat with like last night now. Yeah, but then that means we go out into the day with like breakfast breath.
Speaker 4: But then you have blunched breath dinner breath. Like Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I actually know people who at like the law firm, and it may be because A, I take this back before I even say it. It may be because they had him visil line, in which case you're supposed to brush before, like after every meal before you put them back in, which I definitely didn't do when I had him visiline because I was feral. But no, that makes sense. But so I guess, like, Okay, does anyone here, you and I all?
Speaker 1: Does anyone.
Speaker 2: Brush their teeth after every meal separate to in visil line.
Speaker 4: I definitely know people that do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's probably hygienic, but then your gums, like is it too much?
Speaker 4: Should we just have this week on this year? Oh? Yes, that yeah.
Speaker 5: Teeth hygiene people do need topics. Wait, I have one more back toothbrush. I have a friend that goes through a toothbrush every two weeks. Okay, you know what, because the brushes so hard it flattens it.
Speaker 4: Two, we have to use.
Speaker 2: Soft ones or my gums or I get ginger artists. Me too.
Speaker 4: My my gums always bleed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's because you don't floss.
Speaker 4: Then why are yours bleeding?
Speaker 2: No, they're not bleeding. They're just like it's too much brushing and then they get sensitive, but they're just really emotional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he goes through toothbuch every two how old?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How often do you change it? Okay? How often are you supposed to? Let's google this because.
Speaker 4: Google after because it'll be distressing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I recommend I every time I lose, Yeah, every time I travel and leave it behind, which ends up being quite often.
Speaker 1: But I rekind of like every two months.
Speaker 4: Are gonna have three toothbusches on cycle right now? Because they're all like one's in my bag, one's in my house, one's in my's.
Speaker 2: House when we travel and she doesn't have her in like a container or anything.
Speaker 7: It's just oh god, we saw once, we saw your bike outside of somewhere we were meeting you and your drink bottle, and like your drink bottle was just out in the water, like any person could just come and drink out of your drink.
Speaker 5: But I never thought like I just obviously trust the world so much, so I would say maybe they I don't know, once every six months or something. If if I physically went to rotate to buy a new and I don't, it's not something I.
Speaker 2: Okay, how often you're supposed to because I was reading that I was doing like a skin product thing recently, and I was looking up how often you're supposed to change your pillow case for your skin quality, Like if you're getting breakouts and stuff. Often it's because you've you're re putting your face on where the dirt from like the day before or whatever, not that you know it's that dirty, but.
Speaker 1: You're meant to change it two to three times a week. I know I am so groud.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't definitely so gross.
Speaker 5: Okay, Also I'm not it should be how many times you sleep. It would be like twenty sleeps and then change it or like my sleep.
Speaker 2: Most because I'm sleep in there, but I don't. Oh, I know that you don't. Yeah, okay, you stay here a lot, okay, every three months, three to four months, toothbrushes, okay, just and like also things like there's this whole trend on TikTok I found where people are like zooming in on this little icon with an M that they didn't know what it was, and it's like like the months for the use by date of the makeup product, and all of us are like using these things from like twenty years ago, Like all of the spoons was the best from nine to two and it's already out of date.
Speaker 3: It's gross.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, have you.
Speaker 2: In the food category cereal or milk first?
Speaker 4: Oh? Good one cereal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually just pour milk into the bowl first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I mean only if it makes it so judgment I know it's so bad. Sorry, No one's going to ever submit questions again. No, but I would also like people to come back and defend their positions so we can like do a follow up the week afo or the fortnight after, also by weekly the testimonial stand also bi weekly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you use.
Speaker 2: Bi weekly to mean fortnightly or twice a week, because that's a dramatic difference. That's either eight times a month or twice a month.
Speaker 5: I think I would use it like you had a lot of like English Police people would come in to anything English Police. Well you know, like you like people are like obviously the other that's fortnightly if it's but your question was more so personally, way do you use it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: My question was that this year or that's yeah question, come on, English police, TikTokers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, do I know fortnightly exists as a word.
Speaker 5: I think i'd use bi weekly twice a week bi weekly?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever used bi weekly neither, but if I were, if I was interpreting it, I would think twice a week.
Speaker 4: Would you do?
Speaker 5: You know how people say biobviously means too, but also what if happened to like every second year?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they actually I looked this up. There are actually distinct words, so biennial and bi annual, which is why it's like, why did you just not do the same for bi weekly? Bro?
Speaker 5: People with pronunciation issues like myself would not be able to differentiate.
Speaker 2: English is hard toll and poll pole and poll Yeah, well okay, but yeah biennial and bi annual. I was like, oh, like biennial is every two years. Bi annual is twice a year. So why didn't they do like bi weekly all and like yeah, by work or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, how do you said twice a week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would assume if they said bi weekly, I'd think twice a week. Like if they said bi weekly meeting, I'd be like, okay.
Speaker 4: You have it twice a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, nice, But if you said yeah, I probably wouldn't assume fortnitely because though I think I would assume you'd use the word fortnightly.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: On the back of the week, question this week, this Sunday or.
Speaker 4: Like Thursday weekday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, this is a generational thing I've learned so our parents. My parents do the totally different thing to me. So if you say, okay, so what day is it?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 1: Friday?
Speaker 2: If you're saying next Friday, do you mean in seven days? So this Friday to me is today. Next Friday is in seven days, and Friday week is in fourteen days.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, today's Fridays makes hard. What if we're talking about like Saturday, like tomorrow, So this today, this Saturday is tomorrow and next Surday's one is seven days or next Saturday is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, next Saturday is still always the one that's nearly seven days away.
Speaker 4: So this Saturday is this?
Speaker 1: This Saturday to me is the closest Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same, yeah, and then next is like the second one after the next one, and then week is the one after the third one. Whereas some people say next Saturday is tomorrow, I'm like, no, it's not next Saturday. That's this Saturday Saturday. I'm with you, I mean sorry, if it makes.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want, I'm with the most, with.
Speaker 4: The most, the closest coming one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good question. Okay, so yeah, okay, what else is there?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: I had someone defending themselves about the lake shower thing.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, it was just listening to this comment was mate, you know how about it? Do you go to the shower.
Speaker 5: Fully making in front of this is a follow up saying.
Speaker 4: Bro, thinking about you share houses. You can't change in there because people might be waiting for the shower. Oh yes, yeah. Anyway, we had this from at k under school.
Speaker 1: Au do you we in the show or we in the shower?
Speaker 4: Me too?
Speaker 2: Come on, you can't deny that, Like who doesn't, but you can't. There's probably some gross scientific reason why you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: There some people that will poo in the toilet and then straight to the shower.
Speaker 2: Like it's not no one, no, I.
Speaker 1: Have to tell you something off air.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not that.
Speaker 1: It's not that, it's not that.
Speaker 2: Okay, just remind me what order. Well okay, So so guys you have to reply to us who goes straight from poo to shower without wiping?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: One of the when I was looking up these kinds of questions, one of the questions was do you wipe with a wet toilet paper or dry?
Speaker 1: I'm like, but it would all separate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exposingnoy.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure she like, okay, but is actually really pan Oh gross, don't tell me not gross. So I was like, I don't know what she does with So you know in some countries when you travel there and they're like, don't put toilet paper being I'm like, I can see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, I mean if.
Speaker 4: It makes and then okay, what auto do you wash yourself head down or random?
Speaker 1: I go shoulders, shoulders and back. Do I go down?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I go down?
Speaker 4: I think I go up.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you physically wash your legs?
Speaker 2: That's a really good question to do you guys, Yes, I do, just drivel I do, but some people so sometimes Nick is like, if there's been.
Speaker 1: Water on it, it's washed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I physically washed my my ankles and that my malyola.
Speaker 2: What is malyiola ankles? But that's what mallola is. Yeah, Well that's such a like anatomy nerd thing to say.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Okay, morning shower, evening shower or both.
Speaker 2: Okay, in winter both because I use them to just get warm. I prefer an evening shower because it washes off the day. Like I don't have my shower until I'm finished thinking and then I can kind of like relax wash it off. It's a real like process for me. And also I don't like getting into bed with like the day on me. Yeah, whereas Nick's like he uses it to wake up in the morning and he can't start his day until he's had a shower, so kind of like we use it mentally the opposite.
Speaker 5: Opposite also because they have to wake up earlier, because I feel like you longer evening. Yeah, because guys can don't have to like wash like they're quick, like their hair it's all quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no Yeah, he's hair washing his head trying.
Speaker 2: Tastes like a early seconds. They're good ones. Okay, I feel like.
Speaker 1: We've like we need more.
Speaker 2: I've used to question and so are some other ones.
Speaker 4: I feel like cereal and we've got to save them for the next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, guys, please keep submitting them. We'll put up a question box because these are really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon that we hate you know what?
Speaker 2: I also realized. I realized I have like tricked you into playing would you rather with me? You don't have to trick me.
Speaker 4: We do it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know it's my favorite game.
Speaker 1: And you can never play with me. And I realized this, yeah or that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just pretty much saying would you rather A or B? That's literally what I'm doing and like a secret.
Speaker 4: I just love that. The first one was like, is this a confessional segment? Now it's just still the.
Speaker 2: Same people like follow suit and then just start saying random stories.
Speaker 1: We should do it.
Speaker 2: Remember Dolly Doctor. Now you won't remember that, but there was Dolly Doctor.
Speaker 4: I remember that. And there was like a sealed part in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of It's literally sealed you literally why.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like in the It's when you knew you liked girls and you want to find out like the girl stuff. No, they're not at all. I don't remember. I always used to want.
Speaker 4: To spect it. Being sealed was always so interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, so one more this year that Yeah, do you when you're watching a sex scene in a movie with someone who is like either a parent or like a friend who you don't usually like hang out with, do you just like keep watching or do you like make noise and interrupt and kind of try and divert from the fact that it's awkward.
Speaker 4: I used to be the awkward turtle liken. No, like I'd have to go by what the other person does.
Speaker 2: So, if Mom and I ever watching a movie, like when you're watching Outlander, for example, Great Mother Daughter, try to watch until the sex scenes are like level X times a million. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I will always. There's not a single occasion where I haven't gone, oh, this adds nothing to the storyline.
Speaker 1: I was like, what do they have to add these the story?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I always have to like say, oh, that's so unnecessary, the sexualized eything. Yeah, but then to all my friends, I'm like, I wish I had more sex scenes of JMA, I love J You should like do four?
Speaker 4: You know, people people got to get over their fears and go to false exposure therapy. Yeah, we just need to do that.
Speaker 1: I think what would yours be?
Speaker 2: Well, this is another segment, might be a confrontation? No, well, if you had to have exposure therapy, what would your fear be that you need to get a confrontation? Oh yeah, same, Yeah, but how do you like force that? I don't know, someone yelling at you, someone just disagreeing with.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Other than that, what would it be like a thing that doesn't involve someone or doing.
Speaker 4: The darkness like the eerie darkness? Would you hate the dark? That's so scared?
Speaker 5: Like put like running out to put the bins out at and I's so scary. Really, if I if I have a sense.
Speaker 4: Like if I have a split sort of like a burger, I can't get it out of my head. A burglar, yeah, a burglar anyway, I can't get out in my head.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh my god, oh my god, what would mind be?
Speaker 2: Cold? Some probably something cold like cold therapy. Although you do, I do it on purpose, but I don't stay in very long. I mean I jumped in the water and I talked to her, so I've kind of done the exposure. Yeah, what's my biggest fear? Tell me what's inside my brain?
Speaker 4: This is good. Podcast has just gone anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, let's draw a line right there. Thank you guys ever for listening.
Speaker 4: Thank you Thatt soon itly illy illy.
Speaker 2: Listen what happened to my lung?
Speaker 1: Just said, Oh, we'll be back in two ways. Guys, Oh my god bye