Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mom and Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello and welcome to Canceled. The Lazy Girl's Guide to the ZAR Celebrity Cancelations. I'm Claire Stephens and I'm Jesse Stephens. And today's episode does not do what I just introduced. Our podcast us shit. Okay, it's one where we virtually choose someone who's uncancellable, but for the lulls. Actually that's a lie. It kind of does go into things that are a bit cancled. I've seen him get in trouble. I've seen it and get in trouble. He's not untouchable. Well, anyone who's famous is being concurrently canceled. Everyone knows that always. But I will say it makes me sad that culturally, the people who seem uncancellable, that's usually just God for men. Yes, and we will say data point, just to put on the table here a bit of an insight into the BTS. No one ever asked for this, but we love you. Hang it. Yeah, yeah, Kerby. Women who are on canceled perform better than former, enormously better than men, because women allegedly are fun to hate. Yeah, they're a lot more fun to hate than we do a man. And everyone's like, eh, he seems he just seems fine. He's just doing his best. What men are allowed to be complex and eccentric and fuck up? Yep, but have it still fold into who they are as humans. Whereas women people just find them a little bit annoying for reasons they can't articulate. That reason is usually misogyny. Yes, you are about to enter the canceled courtroom. The defendants are celebrities, the chargers are petty.
Speaker 3: The rulings are final.
Speaker 2: Now I have been down an Andrew Garfield rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: I want Andrew Goethor to smash a laptop on my tits.
Speaker 3: Andrew Garfield, you too have a Spice Girl's connection. Didn't someone didn't a lovely lady, A lovely lady. Didn't she ask you out through the medium of the Spice Girl's music?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you very much. How did you know that?
Speaker 3: You must have told somebody?
Speaker 4: Only my deeply intimate praise Andrew Garfield is thick and woke to the best things to be. If I am in fact thick, my God, that's the dream. Because when I was a kid, I was I was a streak of piss. As you might say, I'm not visibly on social media. I have a couple of secret accounts watching you all talk your shit. My first kiss, I also kissed sixteen other people that same night.
Speaker 2: I like him. It started with his chicken shop dight. Did I just friend zone? This is I.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't have done that unless that's what you want.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what I want.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm young to know what you want. You have my number, do I?
Speaker 2: Yes? I ask for my number at I did, which we'll get to. But then there was something deeper. Now, Jesse, I host another podcast called but Are You Happy, which is very different to this show tone wise, and we talk about meaning and purpose and emotions enough, the very heavy reality of the human experience, and a few listeners we're just going to give but Are You Happier plug on my watch. Well, a few listeners of that show were messaging me being like, you have to listen to this podcast with Andrew Garfield. It would be right up your alley because I was like, okay, and it's an episode of modern love where the idea is that it's part interview, part someone reading a modern love essay from the New York Times. And I've seen clips of this, but I haven't actually watched it. Highly highly recommend. It is beautiful.
Speaker 4: My wife hasn't worn a bikini for six years and probably never will again. She says she's too old, which makes me sad. She's a beautiful woman with gray and her hair. My parents no longer drive at night.
Speaker 2: Sorry, when you feel less like giggling and more like contemplating the very essence of our existence, go listen to it. But I do actually feel quite emotionally connected to Andrew Garfields. I'm just putting that on the table. That's an important Yes, it's about grief and longing and love and the idea of accepting how limited we are email time on Earth. Okay, what I'm going to bring right now is id' his friends with Jamie DORNERA. Oh what a hot friendship. I know he's actually in a really hot friendship group. Yeah, Okay, who else I read about it? I feel like he's semi friends with Tom Holland, both British, and they both played Spider Man. Tom Holand is a little bit younger, hang on. Let me find who else, because I just Jamie Dornan is another man I connect. I'm looking at a photo because everyone says he's got a hot group of friends. Jamie Dornan is one of them. I guess they're from like the same corner of the world. Not really. Andrew Garfield grew up in Surrey, whereas Jamie Dorner. But what I am seeing in this picture is that he is with Lynn Manuel Miranda, so I'm going to assume that very close friends. Yeah, okay, well he's friends with Lynn Manuel because he was in Tictic Boom. Anyway, onto the Lolls. He was also pictured with bo Burnham. Ah, that is on a double date. He's a very hot group of men. Andrew Russell Garfield didn't see that coming. No, we're all shocked by the Russell is a very sexy boy. Speaking of Garfield, we did a thing recently. We played this game where everyone had to put a name into a hat. Then you had to guess who would put it in. So like you might put in Jennifer Lopez, or you might put in Anthony Albeneasy, someone put in Garfield. Fuck it got me like Garfield the cat. Yeah it was so random. Yeah, I could not guess who'd done it. Yeah, Garfield like someone I hadn't thought about in a while as man as Nandy Say Garfield the Cat, Yes, what was Garfield? Was it meant to be funny anyway? Andrew Garfields has been in movies like The Social Network, The Amazing Spider Man, The Amazing Spider Man Too, where he played spider Man Hacksaw Ridge Never Let Me Go, great film. He was very young. Tick Tick Boom, which I really want to see. So he's a good singer, right, Oh he can see the man yea flawless, flawless and tik tic Boom was directed by Lynn Manuel Miranda. And that's who his other friend is. His other friend was in Lame Is Eddie Redmain. That's the other whole Wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, what a lovely group of men. Garfield became interested in acting at the age of sixteen when a friend convinced him to take theater studies for his A levels, which is the equivalent of like khsa eta as they were one student short of being able to run the class. And you just know that friend is like I could have been Andrew Garfield if I just asked Boris to join that class instead, but instead I asked Andrew Garfield. You know when you're like he walked in and just was a full thespion. Yeah, you know when you're like, hey, hey, Tarlie, come join the netball team, and then Tarlie is the best person on the netball team and you're like, well that wasn't fucked her actually happened. You were meant to just be a fill in. Yeah. Yeah, now you're better than me, which is not difficult. My structure for today is as follows, Spider Man method, acting, a meet, cute times too, the most romantic date of all time, and the moment the Internet broke spider Man. Andrew Garfield was cast as Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider Man Got a Knife the real Life. Yes, it's a real knife. My weakness it's small knives. Wasn't my Spider Man was Troby mcguith. Yes, yes, but I am a big fan of every single Spider Man. I think you can't watch Spider Man enough. I don't like it's it's a shared interest of me and my husband's. Yeah, I feel like it's a bit one. No, like you get bit by spider and it stresses me out having your web No, and then you do the web thing and it sticks to places. Yeah, and then you just Spider Man. You save things, and you go up against a goblin like I just feel as though some pace. Sometimes there's an Emma stone, Sometimes there's a cursed in Dunce. Sometimes there's a Zendaya you just never know. Was his stone. And they fell in love, I thought so. And they dated for years. Yeah, they were together for quite a while, and they're a bit on and off. But even last year he went to the premiere of Poor Things, and there's a video of the moment she spots him in the audience and is really excited. Okay, she's married with a child. To continue, Well, I'm just saying that they're still on good terms. So what does that say? AnyWho? He said many times that he had worn Spider Man costumes when he was three, and he studied the movements of athletes and spiders to get into the part and did yoga and polates. That first movie well received. Things are looking great. He's meant to be in like a slew of Spider Man movies, right, He's meant to be the next Spider Man after Toby McGuire. I love the visual of him studying spiders just in a gutter, just crouching in a scudder. Look at this and then it's firing. But you know it's just sitting there or scurrying, which I know how you No, does that that is that helping your practice? I don't think so. Then the Amazing Spider Man two comes out in twenty fourteen, and it's got mixed critical reviews, and while it does very well at the box office, in terms of the franchise, it's like a box office low Okay, Yeah, so Spider Man is low West, it's just not one of the lowest. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. So it's not Kirston Duns and Toby maguire kissing upside down. No, no, no, no. Now. He was meant to be in future installments of Spider Man. Yeah, but they went in a different direction casting Tom Holland. Oh I think I've seen a Tom Holland. Yeah, Spider Man. Yeah. Zendaya. Now you might remember the infamous Sony hack of twenty fourteen where they leaked a whole bunch of emails.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, the then head of Sony was mad at Andrew Garfield because he didn't turn up for an event in Brazil where the Amazing Spider Man three was meant to be announced because he was sick. The email read here, we are about one hour away from our gala, and Andrew decides he doesn't want to attend. He has a rather scruffy beard and he just wants to be left alone. So that email got leaked by the head of Signy sick. He's sick, the man leave the bead alone. I know I have to say when my husband, when my husband isn't well, he looks awful. I've always said it about your husband. He does not wear sickness or tiredness.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: No, no. In a twenty sixteen interview with The Guardian, Garfield was asked if he was fired from the role after that after being a bit naughty and not coming to the Brazil and he said no, I don't think so. What I'll proudly say is that I didn't compromise who I was. I was only over myself and that might have been difficult for some people. We ain't yourself. You're a spider yeah, win, he told The Daily Beast in twenty fourteen. I think what happened was through the pre production, production and post production. When you have something that works as a whole and then you start removing portions of it, because there was even more of it than was in the final cut, and everything was related. I have no idea what, but you're sounding very Demota Johnson on Madam Webb and the through LINEID Spider Movies, Spider Movies send us bit cuckoo. Yeah, he said, once you start removing things and saying no, that doesn't work, then the thread is broken. It's very syry. Yeah, and it's hard to go with the flow of the story. What he was saying he was making a comment on the creative process, right, which is, you've got this great story, Spider Man, how can it go wrong? Yeah? And I think he's trying to say, throughout the production process it can go wrong. We've got some plot holes, we've got some weirdness. Yeah. And maybe he's saying the amazing Spider Man two was not a work of art. Do we think Spider Man's done? Absolutely No, which I will get to. I feel as though you always think it's done and then there's a new Spider Man and then you go to see it at the movies, and it is excellent. It is highly entertained. In one of Variety's Actors on Actors sessions, he admitted that he was heartbroken by the experience of not getting cast in future Spider Man's I don't think he's Spidery. I look at Toby Maguire Spidery. I look at Tom Holland Spidery, then Andrew Garfield, and maybe it's because I'm thinking of the cat, but he's more catty. Well, this was actually criticism. People said he was too hot, he's too too he's a bit snaky, he's long and he's thin, and that's not what Spider Man is. Okay, I disagree, but it is a criticism. He told Amy Adams. I signed up to serve the story and serve this incredible character that I've been dressing as since I was three, and then it gets compromised and it breaks your heart. I got heartbroken a little bit. Tom Holland, who took over the role, has since said that he regrets not calling Garfield after being named as the new Spider Man. And what I love about this story is that if this were women a bitch fight, there'd be a cat fight and it would be sex in the city, who hates who you took her role? Blah blah blah. But because it's men, we allow them the dignity. Yeah, of peace and privacy, yes, Tom holand what they are all adults, all they are all adults, and sometimes life goes this way. Yeah, no drama there. I just need to have a chat. I will, They'll move on. Kim Catrell, on the other hand, absolute bit. Not really, not really. Tom Holland said, I was nineteen when I got cast. I was so caught up in getting the role that I never took any time to think about what it must have been like for him. If I'd made my second movie and it didn't necessarily deliver in the way it should have done, and they recast me, I would really struggle to bounce back. Andrew bounce back in the most unbelievable way. I just wish I'd called him and said, you know, I can't turn down this opportunity. Man wasn't a believable spider crime. He river, He's got more opportunities. It's fine, He's fine. And of course, Dobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland all united for Spider Man No Way Home in twenty film which you have you not seen it.
Speaker 1: I'm Peter Parker. I am Spider Man in my world. But then yesterday I was I was just hearing Jesse.
Speaker 2: You don't go and see spider films that lou standing cinema. The scene, how how can they all coexist? Because there were different universites. It was the multiverse. They're in a room and the three of them addressed spiders. They're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, And it's so funny and they're doing They're funny the thing. Yeah, and it's super meta and self for a factional No, no, it's really funny having the three of them. Okay, okay, sounds finn. The dynamic was great. I think in those films sometimes you can see in the eyes of the people playing the characters in this film, not Spider I saw a movie recently with some superhero I had to watch it, the look in Paul Rudd's eyes. Oh, we sold out. It's the end of his tether. Yeah. No, but Spider Man, different story. Friends, We are doing a live event canceled live at the University of Sydney. You can come and see us in Real Life at the Alumni Festival the University of Sydney on Saturday, November the thirtieth. The event is free, but you have to register for tickets, so we'll pop a link in our show notes for that is just so lazy girl that we don't expect you to pay. We would never know. Well, we shouldn't say never, because one day we might like to profit, but not now. Today is not that day. I think it's going to be quite a almost an emotional event because you and I both went. The last time we're at Sidney UNI was when we were at Sydney UNI. Yeah, what was when I was graduating. We were studying there. Yeah, we're doing all of our courses in celebrities. Yeah, we studied a degree in pop culture cancelations. We did, and they offer that they don't. It's not off very good degrees. There are a bunch of other events happening across the day. They're not just putting the festival on for us. Oh they might be. You would we call ourselves headliners? No, because doctor Carl's going to be there, Oh my god. Yeah, yeah, there are some brilliant events on. Go and have a look. It is university of Sydney, November the thirtieth, See you There, method acting. The man is a fan of method acting, and he's got in trouble before for playing into stereotypes when he's going method. In twenty seventeen, he was cast as Prior Walter in the play Angels in America at the National Theater in London. He was nominated for the Lawrence Olivier Award for the role, but there was controversy because his character is a gay man with aids and Garfield is a straight man. He was criticized for taking the role when people said it should have gone to a member of the lgbt QI community. Was Matthew McConaughey criticized for Dallas bias class I think so it wasn't very loud. Maybe it was just a different time, at a different time, and that criticism snowballed when Garfield was asked how he prepared for the role, and in an interview he said he'd watched documentaries, He'd done all this research, and then he said he had watched every episode of RuPaul's Drag Race and he said every Sunday I would have eight friends over and we would watch rue. That's my life outside of this play. I'm a gay man right now, just without the physical act. That's all. A lot of people in the lgbt QI community were like, it's not about RuPaul, it's not about RuPaul. And I will say that the lived experience of being a gay man, of walking down the street holding hands with your boyfriend, even in the most progressive countries in the world, it can be really dangerous. I don't think I know any gay man who hasn't experienced homophobia. I will say, I do not know a gay man who has not watched RuPaul's drive. I know, and that is two things can be true. It's art, yes, now they did say it's quite a reductive way to look at our identity. But in an article in The Guardian, a journalist argued it's not quite as bad as it sounds, because Garfield was saying that in the context of saying that when he was offered the role, he struggled with the fact that he felt like he had no right to play that character, and he clearly wasn't ignorant of what he was doing, and he did a whole lot of research. He also played a Jesuit priest in a twenty sixteen movie called Silence, and he did all this research and learned about the Jesuit lifestyle. So his idea of method is obviously not like you and Jim Carrey. It's not Jim carry It's just like you do a whole lot of research so that you really feel like you know the character. Oh, that's not method, that's just research. Well, he says, there have been a lot of misconceptions about what method acting is. He said, it's not about being an asshole to everyone on set. Is actually about living truthfully under imagined circumstances and being really nice to the crew simultaneously and being a normal human being and being able to drop it when you need to and staying in it when you want to tell Jared that. Well, he said, I'm kind of bothered by the misconception. I'm bothered by this idea that method acting is fucking bullshit. Why did you go on this round about method acting because he met Jim Carrey of Robert pat who's one of his friends. Yeah, but Robert Pattinson was being really dirty on method acting, was he? Yes, so Pattinson, who has also tried and practiced this technique cla when I read about the Guy Gang. Yeah, I'm putting it together. It was Jamie Donnan, it was Eddie Redmain, and it Robert patters Well, which surprised me. He was the one who said actors try this approach when portraying asshole characters. And he's not wrong though. No, he said, I always say about people who do method acting, you only ever see people do the method when they're playing assholes. True. I need to know when you're on stage and when you're off stage. I need to know that between action and cut. That's the thing, that's the safe space. I need to know there's a cut coming and then I'll feel safe. It just feels like you can't get out. That's when you go crazy. I think that these two men are in agreement. Yeah, probably probably if we had on the podcast. So we've done Jim Carrey, Jared Leto, Yeah, both method actors. I think Leo goes a little bit method. Who was Stany Dow Yes, he went stanky. Yeah. And then Joaquin Phoenix is also known as a method actor. I thought we haven't done him on the show before, but maybe we will because there was that stunt hunt that I don't think anyone understands, including him. Just think we thought we'd understand it later and we don't know. Moving on to why we're all here and meet cute times too, Finally we get to talk about Amelia de Moldenburg and Andrew Garfield. Now, for those unaware, Amelia de Moldenberg is a British comedian who is the creator and host of the web series Chicken Shop Date. She's been doing for ten years. She has During the dates, she interviews celebrities in fried chicken restaurants with her very specific style of humor, and the idea is that they are interviews framed as dates. She is known for asking bizarre questions and leaning into the awkwardness of these interactions. Because of the viral success of Chicken Shop Date, she's interviewed people like Jennifer Lawrence, Paul Mescal, Lewis Capaldi, Phoebe Bridges, and she's done presenting work on red carpets and during one of those red carpet events, she met a certain Andrew Garfield. Have you seen this video? Have I seen this video? Yes? Well? In an interview for British JQ, she interviews Garfield and she is very surprised and excited when he knows who she is.
Speaker 1: You're great. You're kidding me, sho.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to get a date with you for I have not I'm asking you out right now. She says he looks good, and he says she looks beautiful. You just take the compiment.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's dress, but it's like kind of leather rope, it's made of rubber robber. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay. As he's leaving, he's like, lovely to meet you, and then he kind of hovers and he says, seriously lovely to meet you. Yeah, I've never seen more chemistry between her because he says lovely to meet you. Because it's weird what you do. Weird is in good and I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: No, brilliant, because it's weird you do. It's weird as in good, very specific and unique, and.
Speaker 2: I appreciate. I appreciate you. Enjoy bye, see ya. That is compliment. If somebody looked at me and said it's weird, you're weird and I like it, I'd be like, I feel so seen, I feel seen. I feel like I'm finally understood. Yeah, it is. It is what she does. It is very weird what she does you know the other thing? The reason I feel think it's weird what we do, it is, it is what we do. It's weird what he does. Yeah, it is weird what he does. What's the hardest thing you've ever gone through? I was a bad spider. Yeah weird. No one understands. Yeah, no one understands. They vibed and the chemistry was there. Then they see each other at the Golden Globes and they're giggling straight away. There's this moment of recognition and she, she very rarely breaks breaks around him. Yeah, she breaks around and she sees him, and he has a joke about like, oh, you saw me in like winced and she's like, no, I didn't, I saw it. Like She's like yeah. Now she says, we must stop meeting like this, and he says, I only ever.
Speaker 4: Want to see you.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: I don't ever want to see you in these kinds of situations.
Speaker 2: What about other kind of situations? Not interested? Actual sense. I was going to write to my birthday party, where's your birthday party? That's your the January. Actually I'm an Aparius, that's.
Speaker 4: Your If you have a sun sign, that's the same as the moon sign as someone else.
Speaker 2: It's not good. No, it's good. That was good. Why is an issue?
Speaker 4: Well, because I don't I don't think we should explore this.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm not even asking.
Speaker 4: To you, I know, but I'm just like, you want to state you're obsessed with me.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm scared of what it could turn into.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready for that time.
Speaker 4: I'm not ready for it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I am. She's like, you're obsessed with me? Yes. She starts asking a serious question and he's like you're not going to ask a serious question right now? And she's like, yes, I am. And he can't keep a straight face and he's like are you seriously going to ask this? And she's asking about like you play a lot of religious role like like mate, just go on a day. Then yes. Then he's like he's like, no, no, go ask a question, and she's clearly so flustered that it's just a stapement. This is her question. She's like, you play lots of religious characters and he's like that's not a question, and then she looks at him and goes, why it's just a vibe. Yes, it's just a vibe. So that is to meet you, Yes, the perfect which is how we are imagine it's gonna go when we find ourselves on a red carpet with a microphone. Yes, and we sit there and we go when he walks past, he is going to go, oh my god, it's the love of my life. You're beautiful, And instead what happens is you say, can we speak to this person? They say no, it doesn't want to speak to you, and you go, I'm going to cry. O lovely. Now. The reason we can't look away is because there is something slightly uncomfortable about it. Yeah, it's awkward, yeah, but is that because they're truly in love? Yes, which takes us to the most romantic date of all time.
Speaker 4: I think we'd have a really nice time without the camera. We just enjoy each other's company. Maybe not fuck.
Speaker 2: It, Jess, have you watched the date? I haven't watched the date before, not yet. I've only watched clips, I mean beyond okay, as I've been on Beyonce tik tok oh. No. I know now the clips you've seen, that's your bad. There is just so much chemistry and I can tell that. Andrew Garfield is clearly like, would we be on a date if it weren't for all this, all these lights and all these people here, would you really go on a date with me? And she's clearly like, well, I don't know, because she's trying to like act cool. It's like, is anything said? No? Is he interviewed? Absolutely not. Do we get anything out of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Only vibes only, and I've never got more. Okay, I'm going to do a recap. Okay, it's an eleven minute video. Wow, I've watched it several times. Okay, they're at Sam. It's the home of great tasting chicken. Yes, she loves like a chicken out. I have more comments about saying later on Okay, because there's a lot of b roll of Sam throughout. Well, I would imagine that they've given free chicken. Yeah. They begin by making a joke that the vibes were so strong he was avoiding her for two years after those red carpeting directions. So hot. Yeah, he says, I don't like games, Amelia. Don't say her name. It's disquieting. Yeah, it makes me feel funny when you say her name. Well, you know why they couldn't go on this date because he had a girlfriend. He had a girlfriend, and is it a coincidence that they've only gone this date now that he and the girlfriend are broken up? I think not. She's like, ah, your spidy sense is tingling right now, and he's like hot, you get one of those and no more, but then another one and it's like, yeah, he wants a real talk because he wants to connect with you emotionally. Yeah. She asks him snog, marry, avoid Toby tom Amelia demoldover I love it, And he's like, I don't want to avoid anyone, but I guess you And she's like what, and he looks at her.
Speaker 4: And says, this is called flirting.
Speaker 2: Why am I smiling? Why am I blushing? As an aside, I want to go to Sam's. Okay? Do they look good? As does the soft drink? It looks chilled appropriately. Does it look like that they would have extra chicken salt? I get to this later on, but yes, okay, they're having ginger beer, and I think she says during it that she doesn't like ginger beer anyway. She asks do you kiss on a first date? And then she glances to the camera. She breaks the fourth wall. There's then footage of the person working there trying to stand the little packet of chips up on the like silver tray and they keep and I'm like, whoever has edited this is a creative genius. He says he thinks it's sexy and really hot that she goes for what she wants in terms of dating, and she says, that's what I think. She's like, sometimes I worry about how much I get rejected, but I put myself out there more than everyone else. That's why I get rejected so much. Correct. He gives her a high five for her courage love it. He's like, what do you try and do to make it happen romantically? And she's like, you just try to get with them. And then he does an impersonation of her physically trying to get with someone, and she's like, exactly, but she's actually laughing. She's actually and does not break. She does not break, And she's like, oh, that's funny. She asks if he has ever been on a date to see his own movie. His answer is no, actually, well he pretends yes, then he says no, he's aware of all her moves, like he's kind of like analyzing her as she goes, yeah, yeah, and she says, I knew you'd do this. She says it's fun He's like, does it frustrate you? And stop blurting? She says, I like it because it's funny someone seeing what I do. And he says and naming it. Okay, this is so mad. Okay, this is just basically like fifty shades, says. He then says, and you go slightly red and she's like what she goes slightly red? Now back to Sam's. Sam's chicken giving caves is it? Is it the menu board? Oh, they have chicken burgers with cheese, Oh, little boxes? It looks really good? Does it genuinely great ad for Sam's if anyone loves new SAMs? And then in terms of the chips, what's the thickness? It looks like I'd say they're between a McDonald's chip and a KS chip. Maybe not quite as thick as KFC chips, but looks excellent. And I see the salt. No, but the crispiness of the chicken suggests that there's chicken salt. He asks how her thirtieth was because on the red carpet she had made a joke about her thirtieth, and she's like, did you like being thirty? Can you remember? Because he's in his early forties, Okay, you're old? Yeah, yeah, And he's like, bitch. He says, you're funny. You're a funny person, and she says you're funny too, and he says, eh, you're funnier and then she accepts it, which I love. Why is this the biggest compliment? He's like, I appreciate that quality in you. And in a date, she's like, I think that we there's something going on?
Speaker 4: Do you actually think that?
Speaker 2: For the I do think it's interesting that we if this.
Speaker 4: Wasn't here, do you think we'd actually have it go on a day? This has sucked up the fact that we could have actually gone on a date at some point. Maybe.
Speaker 2: He's like, I actually believe maybe we could have without all of it? But why? She why is chalking in past tense? They're both think it changes? Okay. She says he's afraid of it. Okay, I love it. That's so hot. He says, I'm a very private person in my private life. She says, I'm more private than you. Actually, have you ever seen me with anyone? And he says that doesn't mean you're private. It just means you're not with anyone, which was a real nag. Yeah, And it was also like I just wanted to come in and go. It's also because she's not nearly as famous. I don't think she's being packed. No. No, Also it's her job to go on date. Yeah. He asks, do you want to be married? Do you want to have children? Yeah? Like, what are your ultimate longings? I love that they're proper chatting. He refers to it as an interview, and she's like, stop calling it an interview, it's a date. She asks, So you've been nominated for an Oscar, you've not won when you're gonna win an Oscar, which is exactly what you want to ask everyone. Hey, you, why haven't you won one of them big awards? Yeah? He says, like I wanted to win, and now like I don't know, maybe it's just not gonna happen. And she says, probably when you stop caring is what it will happen. Apparently that's what happens with love as well. Then she says, that's why I've been so relaxed today, because I actually just given up. He says, I don't think you can give up with intention. He says, would you be more attracted to me if I had the Academy Award? And she says yeah, And he's like, fuck, my longing is back for it. She says, sounds it's okay, you're already kind of hot. He says, I think we'd have a really nice time without the camera. We'd enjoy each other's company, okay. And she's like, you have my number? And he's like do I? And she's like, yes, you asked for my number at a party and he says I did. He says, this should be a practice round. Then what is this just a stick?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: We're just being set up here because I don't have time for it. I don't have time to get this investor in something. No, but I for eleven minutes straight, I simply smiled at my score. One of those people is a method actor, so we'll just write him off. Yeah. The other one has a stick, but isn't a method actor. And the thing is that in this date, she breaks, she breaks, She never So what do we know about what's happened? Since? Oh we don't? Okay, all right, I think it's a private but all right, but what we do have is reactions? All right, my head, they're performers, my heart their so mate, That's exactly how I feel, exactly it. What are some of the comments? This one has thirteen point three thousand likes. I'm telling my kids this is the Royal couple. Love more chemistry, I'll because they're British too. Yeah, this has seven and a half thousand likes. I'm not even being remotely dramatic when I say this is the greatest eleven minutes and forty seconds of media I have ever consumed. I actually completely agree. And then someone who's a brand well played has written, so when's chicken shop wedding? Yeah, they need a wedding in a chicken shop. Imagine getting catered from a chicken shop, how happily, I guess would be great meals for a wedding. There is an Instagram comment that says, no, you don't underst And I've had this on loop for an hour straight and I can't stop smiling and blushing. Yes, I think people are getting physical reactions to this. Hard relate. Now, can you describe the text and the expression in this meme? We've got a shopped cat and it says it's called flirting, Amelia, It's called flirting, and the cat is so shooken. And then we've got this is a tweet. Chicken Shop Date twenty twenty four starring Andrew Garfield and Amelia de Moldenberg is the best rom com of the year. It's so true. They're got all the tension, it's got all the steaks. It's just bloody beautiful. Are you going to bring the witch to the table or am I going to bring the witch to the table? Witch? Oh my gosh, you forgot about the witch. Andrew Garfield dated a witch? Oh no, So her name is Kate to Mars. She's an academic. She has a PhD. So that's doctor Kate to Mass to you, she's a doctor in being a witch. She's not technically a doctor and being a witch. That is unrelated. Doctor Kate to Mass describes herself as a professional witch and spiritual mentor. She has a PhD in theology from Oxford. From the podcast I've listened to with him, from the little research I have done into him, the fact that he would date someone of the PhD does not surprise me. Continue. Yeah, So basically they were photographed out with Bo Burnham and Phoebe Bridges. I think maybe he was doing the Broadway version of Inside, like bo Burnham's Inside. I think I might have read that. I might have not, who knows. Okay, they're photographed, and then what happens is on Instagram someone comments on Kate's one of her posts being like, Tellandrew Garfield I love him or something, and she's like, we're actually not dating anymore, but he'd love to know that. So he's always on good terms with the exits. Don't know why they broke up. Why. So she has been posting a lot of stuff since October seven, right, and she said like, if you have a public platform, I really think you need to post, and you're being a coward and blah blah blah, and a lot of people went, this is awkward because Andrew Garfield is not posting yep. And then there was an article that went up that was like, we think the reason that they've broken up is because of he's not politically progressive enough for her, and then she screenshot that article and put it in her stories with a tick next to her is why that broke up? But then in the last few weeks he was interviewed, yep in a very public situation. Yes, and he brought up Palestine. He did exactly right, And a lot of people said, it's easy to look at this and think it's not a lot. Yeah, but in the context of Hollywood, Yep, it actually is. Yeah. So he has kind of started speaking since they've yeah, since they've split. Interesting, very and she got ruthlessly trold because she was dating Andrew Garfield and she wasn't a famous person. So I think a lot of people were making fun of her being a witch. Oh okay, but it's like, let her be a witch, you know. Yeah, I want a friend who's a witch. Me too, Jesse. It is time for charges and sentences. My charge. You're so serious, so serious? All right, he's flirting with us? What he's flirting with us? No he's No, he's not. He's flirting with Amelia. He's flirting with me. And the date made me feel weird. Yeah, in my spidy senses, all right, Dingled, I felt tingles in the space a web hump in spaces where the web emerges from there's something quite sexual about the web. I think that they're emerging Freudian about our obsession with spider Man and how we put white gears like stuff on walls and then chase it so you like it. I'm married with a child. Okay, what's your sentence? Sentence? Well, if you won't date me, date a million, dat a million. Yeah. I genuinely think watching the response to this, I know it's like, oh ha ha ha oh. He's an actor. She knows what she's doing. This is her bit. Rah rah rah. We live in a very divided world where things are quite heavy. Yeah. What we need is to be a part of something, Yeah, and to be included, yes and involved. Yeah. I need this to work so that we can be part of a journey together as a culture. Yeah, in the chicken shop. In the chicken shop, because I think the journey of having watched them meat on a red carpet twice and then knowing that he asked for her number at a party and then literally watched she had been left out by that point. We weren't there at the party, and that pisses me off because because I wished to be like For some reason, and this may not be true, I feel like it was the after party of one of the awards shows. I don't know why. That's fine, that's fine, And so I'm like, well, I guess it was slightly off camera, but we saw you earlier in the day. Yeah, So I genuinely think it would make us all feel very included. And I think Amelia to Moldenburg, there's actually something quite profound about what she does and that I think she represents the every girl, all the funny, weird girls who felt like when we went on dates, guys didn't get our jokes and that maybe they were just kind of looking at us up and down and wondering why we didn't look like Adriana Lima. Yeah, there was a bit of that, Yeah, And I think there's something quite healing about watching a man value a woman for her sense of humor, especially when that sense of humor is weird as fuck. Yeah it is, and not everyone gets it. Yeah, And she doesn't speak to him like a celebrity. That's what I love is she just puts them all down and she's like, try and impress me. And it's genuinely really funny. It is really Funny's so so good my sentences. I need them to get married, and I need you to be If they get married, there's no more fucking chicken shop. Tell you that because no more day it's because you're married, unless they're polyamorous. Yeah, never, there's actually do talk about monogamy. In the interview, he asked if she wants to be a monogamous and I don't know if she directly so, she's not fussed about marriage or children. I think she just wants partner in tried. Yeah, I wanted to be a royal wedding. Yeah, I wanted to have all the trimmings royal. We got accent with a reception in the chicken stop can love Okay, my charge and it has been a recurring theme and it's probably the only thing we can charge him with in terms of guilt not being spidery enough. Ah, and he has been punished for that. Yeah, and that he lost his bloody job he loved, he lost his job. My sentence is his proximity to a witch. Mm hmm is something that I'm not benefiting enough from. If my friend said, oh, I dated a witch for a few years, more content out of that. I have some questions. Yeah, I think witchcraft is a little bit like dating a magician, Okay, in terms of tell me how he does the trick. Yeah, so does she do potions? Yeah? You know how in the movie Witches she doesn't really ties. She just had a square foot? Is that a thing? She still have square foot? Yeah? This is what we need to know. Yep. Did she have a caldron?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I have all of those questions because Kate Tamas you have to have a six month commitment with her if you want to work with her as like a witch doctor, and she will charge you eight thousand dollars a month. So what's eight thousand time six? It's like fifty thousand dollars. I'm feeling quite confident about that. So confused about a witch doctor. Yeah, she's a witch to It's weird because she is a doctor, not in doctor. No, no, no, she did like mystresism or something. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so she's really smart, but she's a witch. And I just think he could dish more on the witch thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I was on a date with Andrew Garfield, I'd be like, tell me about Eric. She sounds interesting. She sounds very interesting. Great point in the first sentence of Chicken Shop Date, he's the word curse, which made me worried. Familiar Oh no, yeh did she is that X is gonna put a bit of a curse on him one hundred percent. Oh wow, great point, Jesse. I have a lazy girl storry for us to round out the show. Okay, she's a lazy girl. This is from Kate. Hey there, I have a lazy girl take for you. We all know about the lazy girl tax. Yes, about the lazy girl tax before, she said, like the time I left fifty dollars on a plane and couldn't be bothered calling to see if they'd found it. Well, you know what I did is I left my AirPods on a plane, and I did call to see if they could find it. And I think they called back, but I didn't answer, Oh because I'm no number. I no number, And I was like, I'm not just going to answer some random number. And I've lost my air pods and they're worth like two hundred dollars. Yeah, not going to buy another pair, she said. But being a lazy girl sometimes pays off too, Like the time I had to quit my job but procrastinated and they ended up making everyone redundant, so I got six weeks pay to not work in brackets. Ultimate lazy girl hack she's a lazy girl. That's actually Jean, redundancy is such a lazy girl, such a lazy Just wait, if you wait around enough, you'll probably be made redundant. You actually will. Yeah, and you get paid for not working. And that's honestly like the greatest skift.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I just think in a lazy girl's life, there is no better period than when she is not working yet she is still being paid as salary and benefits and sickly, Ah, lazy girls should be able to live a redundant, a life of redundancy. Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of Canceled. Canceled is produced by Kimberly Bradish with audio production by Leah Porgess. If you have a minute, leave us five star reviews. We would like that some of the reviews are me. We like nice reviews. Okay, lovely, We'll be back next week.
Speaker 4: Bye z