Speaker 1: You're listening to I'm onm with mea podcast. Makeup is my therapy.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed and I don't even feel guilty about it.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to you beauty. This is the podcast for your Face.
Speaker 3: I'm Kelly McCarran and today all the way from Lovely Melbourne, I am joined by our glorious beauty editor Amy Clark.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, happy to be dialing in.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to chat to you today. Lee is a little bit poorly today and as always our girl Amy, well, she hustled and made things happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: So on today's episode, as always on a Monday, we are answering two questions sent in by our lovely ubies. Firstly, we are gonna demystify what exactly is PDRN and why we are seeing it everywhere? And then how to get your makeup to actually last all day without looking all dry and cracked and crusty. Plus, we both have a beauty bite as always to share with you, which includes a little bit of advice about not needing to overpack.
Speaker 1: But first let's.
Speaker 3: Hear what's been happening in the beauty world. With the Beauty Edit.
Speaker 5: Hello and welcome to the Beauty Edit. I'm Molly and I'm Cass.
Speaker 6: And today we're asking the question the Internet cannot stop asking, which is why so many famous men suddenly look almost like themselves, but not quite.
Speaker 1: Not quite.
Speaker 5: We're also going to talk about whether a collagen mask is secretly the world's best spot cover up. I'm a little torn on this one.
Speaker 6: And then I've been in the bathroom all morning putting Brunsa on my ear, so we're going.
Speaker 1: To talk about that too. I can't wait, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Let's get stuck in. So first up, we're going to talk about the men.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that you guys have seen on your social media when you're looking at celebrities that some of the men appear to have have a bit of a wide eye looked to them. Some of the people that have been questioned, and we have to preface that these people have not said if they've had anything done, include the likes of Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Adam Levine.
Speaker 1: And Jim Carrey. And Jim Carrey.
Speaker 5: One thing we should say before we get into this conversation cas obviously, what we're about to talk about. We're not recommending it, we're not promoting it.
Speaker 1: No, we're just talking about it in pop culture.
Speaker 5: That's right, So simply a discussion point.
Speaker 1: So there's a little bit of.
Speaker 6: A shift happening in Hollywood, and a lot of people in the plastic surgery world are talking about something called a male bleathropacity, which is basically a surgery on the eyelid.
Speaker 5: So this is the surgery where we'd normally see someone with excess skin that skin is removed.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly. We've talked about women and plastic surgery as topics in culture for decade, decade, for decades, but when we're talking about pop culture and celebrities and plastic surgery, men have never really come into this kind of social discussion. So I think that what we're really seeing is a change here of men allegedly having the surgery done. And it was discussed recently by Terry from.
Speaker 5: Botched Terry debro Love Terry. So Terry went on the Stiff Socks podcast and he was talking about all sorts of surgery things, but he was talking about the increase in seeing men on red carpets who have allegedly Again he can't even say whether they've had this it's called an upper bless is the term that they're throwing around, and mentioned a few of these celebrity names that he thinks probably have had it done exactly.
Speaker 6: So what he was kind of saying, which I thought was really interesting, is that plastic surgery has traditionally been a feminine domain, and so this particular surgery has kind of historically been designed to impact a female anatomy, So that is to do with the tarsal platforms, so the strip of skin between the lashes and the eyelid. In women, a larger tassel platform is often considered an aesthetic ideal, whereas in men, having that visible tassel is less typical.
Speaker 1: So what he was kind of.
Speaker 6: Saying is that potentially this type of tweak is not being catered to the men that are having it, and so that is where you're getting this kind of like refreshed, wide eyed look and saying goodbye to the silvery fox, you know, kind of hooded, dark and daring eyelid that we associate these men with, you know, and that they've typically had in the past, or that we've been used to.
Speaker 5: When he sort of named these guys that we're talking about. He said that typically they would all normally have a hooded eye, but it's.
Speaker 6: Just not how we're used to seeing them, I think, and that's kind of what his point was. And interestingly, Molly Bailey, who's a board certified physician, spoke about this, saying that blef pasty depends on the candidate.
Speaker 5: I think as well. Obviously this time of year, we've just had a whole batch of red carpets. You know, we've gone through award season, we've ended in met Gala, and that's where we've seen this real increase in these men walking red carpet not looking quite like themselves. And I think that's bringing all of this to the.
Speaker 1: Four one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: And you know, I think we always need to flag that we've spent years dissecting women's faces on the red carpet. So gentlemen, welcome to the conversation.
Speaker 5: Exactly all right, Cas, you have found actually a couple of hacks.
Speaker 6: Let's break them down. My TikTok is right with hacks at the moment. I think everyone's just needing something a little quick and a little fun. And the first one was applying a mask over your pimples that basically seals them in under your makeup, which on the tin sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: It does, but I mean we'll get into it.
Speaker 6: It's a little bit more complicated than that. So basically people on TikTok are using the metacube collagen night wrapping mask over spots before big events. So it's essentially being used like an oversized pimple patches, like a clear mask that dries down and creates like a seal over your skin, similar to like a peel off mask.
Speaker 1: Or like a glad wrap. Let's sticks to the fes exactly.
Speaker 6: So there's some really viral tiktoks of girls applying it under their makeup, putting on their fuebeat and looking absolutely flawless that you cannot see any blemishes under this, so it does present with a really beautiful airbrush look.
Speaker 5: It does. I mean, my favorite part of these videos is then when they get their toyses and they peel also sartify, it's like, oh, it's.
Speaker 6: So good, and they compare it to the pimple patches, which you can very clearly see. And you know, we're in an era of accepting piple patches, as we've previously talked.
Speaker 5: About the podcast printed with all sorts of printed with colors.
Speaker 6: But if you did have a big event and you did want to patch on underneath your makeup, this is being presented as an option, But males, is it all.
Speaker 1: It's cracked up to be?
Speaker 5: Look, I mean the particular video that you and I were looking at you like you can you can't see that there's something underneath her makeup. You cannot possibly put something underneath your makeup like this, which is essentially almost creating like a plastic film without being able to see it unless you were to put it over your whole face. And then because there's that inconsistency exactly.
Speaker 6: And if you move as well, if you smile and you get it like a little line in your smile line, that's where your blemish is. I think you're definitely going to see it wrinkle as well. So in a photo. Great for five minutes maybe, but I think as.
Speaker 1: An actual fix.
Speaker 5: Yeah on TikTok, Yeah amazing.
Speaker 1: But mol's you're a makeup artist. If you had a blemish, what would you do?
Speaker 5: Firstly, it depends on size of the pimple and kind of what state it's in, right, But if I'm thinking of a pimple that is, you know, a little bit dried out, bit sore, a bit red, right, you would cover it over with a green tinted cover all. Yeah. The reason for this is green is the opposite of red on the color wheel. It neutralizes the redness of the skin. That takes the color like kind of the the red out. Then you cover it over with a concealer, and then you basically layer it like really fine layers, makeup over and over, and then pat it down with a powder. Now sometimes obviously it depends on you. It's there's so many variables here, like one size fits all is certainly not the case here. So some people might have really dry skin if you powdered it, it would look.
Speaker 1: Really dry blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But essentially, what you're trying to do is take the redness of the color out and neutralize it. One other tip is, if you've got a zip that is really quite raised, you know there's one a mountain, you can actually put a little bit of a lighter colored concealer or foundation around the outside. So do not put a light color on top of the zip, because think of it, the shadow exactly so think of your lightest color, whatever product it is, will be actually like a highlighter. You want to put that around the outside where it's flattened and it's almost raises in your contouring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your pimples. That's what we do here on your videos.
Speaker 5: I mean, cass Is also we should say that in this day and age, especially if you have whatever your skin is, you should never feel the need to cover it up. Please totally totally be comfortable in your own skin.
Speaker 6: Com'ty honestly, the way your pimples aren't proud I do. People don't even look at it. No, it's actually amazing how much they don't.
Speaker 5: I think in this day and age, every way that you present yourself is acceptable and accepted.
Speaker 1: So just be you exactly.
Speaker 5: But if you want to contour your pimples, you can.
Speaker 6: Speaking of contouring moles, people are contouring their.
Speaker 1: Ears now media, but I kind of back it. I don't know, I actually do hot take. I actually do.
Speaker 6: So for everybody who hasn't been seeing this on their social media. Essentially, people are pulling their ears out slightly from their face by the lobe and popping a contour shade in the little gap between their lobe and the side of their face.
Speaker 5: It's almost conjuring the jaw and down.
Speaker 1: Onto the jaw a little bit.
Speaker 6: So it's basically to create that angle up towards the ear that accentuates the jaw line and makes.
Speaker 1: You look snatch well.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, there is obviously thanks to clavical.
Speaker 1: Everyone's looks maxing.
Speaker 5: Everyone looks maxing and obsessed with the jaw line.
Speaker 1: I mean cats.
Speaker 5: Look. I actually have to admit I tried it this morning because I knew I feel about it like what a waste? Oh I like it.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, I think because I don't have a lot of definition there maybe or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I felt like it did kind of bring a new dimension. But also it took two since.
Speaker 1: It was like a fun thing to do, so I was like just for joy, ye know.
Speaker 6: But yeah, is it gonna give you like Angelina Jolly's jewel?
Speaker 1: I know, absolutely not. But I like a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of contour now and again, especially from going out, and I feel like this is kind of like a fun extra thing to add, but like it's not going to change your life, no, And.
Speaker 5: It's not going to change the actual exactly that said, Look, when it comes to conjouring, if you do it well, it really is incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I will say to everybody out there who's trying an ear contour, make sure that you then cleanse your ears too, because all I can think about since I've started doing it is, oh my god, I don't really cut go right underneath my earl open I cleanse my face. So do I have all this like contraur there now? So now I'm cleaning my els in the shower.
Speaker 1: Guys, what am I doing? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you could probably leave the ear conjuring to tigtok. All right, well we have hit all the big topics of the week for the Beauty edit. They thank you for listening. After the break, Kelly and Amy are back and they are going to be answering all of your questions, most importantly about PDRN. What is it, how does it work, and what's it about? And if you're wondering how to make your makeup last without looking dry and flaky all day, stay tuned.
Speaker 1: I couldn't help, but wonder ask me anything.
Speaker 2: You ask many questions.
Speaker 4: All righty, let's get into our first question, which is Kylie has sent us An sos. Okay, we are here to help stop the train I want to get off. She says, What in the world is PDRN and why is it in skincare everywhere I look?
Speaker 2: Is it a peptide? What is a peptide?
Speaker 4: But really I aim to educate myself on ingredients that will benefit my skin, but I cannot keep up. Please tell me if PDRN is good, what it does in brackets?
Speaker 2: Is it active? And where does it.
Speaker 4: Go in all of the skincare steps. Okay, Kelly, she's gonna say it off the bout r e kel What is PDRN?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm playing Lee today, so I'm being the scientist that doesn't giggle about salmon jizz.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be I'll we Kelly.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is it's actually not, but we're going to get to that later. So PDRN officially stands for polydoxy rye bo new cleo.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I stuffed that up.
Speaker 3: Poly d ox e rye bo new cleo tide, which is a DNA fragment. Now, the use of DNA fragments in medicine. The crazy thing is is that people talking about this is if it's new and fair enough, like I would have assumed it was new too, But it has been researched and used in medicine since the eighties, and the earliest were actually derived from trout, a trout, not a salmon, if you will, But it is most commonly now taken from salmon because it is way more highly compatible with human skin than any other fish.
Speaker 1: I also don't know why it's a fish, but there we go.
Speaker 3: So it has become popular in aesthetics and skincare because it's associated with skin repair, hydration, collagen support, inflammation reduction, and improving overall skin quality and healing, which is obviously all things that we're always looking for. And there's a lot of science behind this. But as we move away from you know, like when injectibles first became a thing and a lot of people had like the really puffed up duck lips and you know, big cheeks and frozen foreheads and that sort of thing. We've sort of moved away from that when it comes to injectibles, and where after just the best version of our skin well hydrated as well well hydrated exactly true.
Speaker 4: Seems back to hydration and hydration in the lower layers of the skin.
Speaker 2: And it does feel like with a lot of these things too that.
Speaker 4: I've noticed having worked, you know, as have you in beauty over the last decade or so, there's always like a new ingredient, a new thing with a hard to pronounce name.
Speaker 2: Even probably fifteen.
Speaker 4: Years ago, you wouldn't have heard the average gal talking about harleronic acid, But here we are, and it feels like that's a really just a stock standard thing.
Speaker 2: So I do think.
Speaker 4: It's almost boring. Yeah, totally. We're always looking for new and next. So I do think that pdarian is going to be just as commonplace as halaronic acid, you know, if it's not already in a lot of places.
Speaker 1: And that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Like that's why I find the skincare industry and the beauty industry in general is so exciting because there is just so much research and science that is constantly evolving. But as I mentioned, and you know, we're talking about, oh, it's the newest buzzword, but it isn't actually new. So it was studied and used in medicine for its wound healing and tissue repair properties before it became trendy. It was used in regenerative medicine, wound care and healing damaged tissue, and then overtime. Obviously, the aesthetics clinics were like, hey, we can use this in injectable treatments because of its ability to support that skin regeneration and recovery. Now, this is where the salmon sperm facial absolutely started blowing up, and the headlines were everywhere, even though technically it's purified DNA fragments not sperm cells themselves, which you know is a little bit disappointing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, Jennifer Aniston, I feel like that. I remember that headline coming out about the salmon sperm facial that when she first started doing press interviews again, she talked about it, and I do think, like, we love a shock factor, but we.
Speaker 2: Loved our snail gears. Now we love our salmon gears, you know, all of this kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, it was a little bit misleading because it's like, oh, it's the shock factor one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and ASO, did you ever listen to the episode I did with doctor Naomi and she was talking about PDRN and I was like, I just need to ask, are we jacking off the Salmons and she.
Speaker 1: Was like, that is actually a great question. Also a crime.
Speaker 3: No, But after that episode that many people messaged me and were like, thank you so much for asking that, because I've always wandered but didn't want to ask, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I will always ask the question.
Speaker 3: PDRN then became really popular in Korean esthetic medicine, which if it starts, if something starts blowing up in Korea, obviously, then we are going to see it everywhere in Western medicine because it is used in skin boosters, injectable rejuvenation treatments, and post procedure healing. When it comes to topical application, the skin barrier is designed to actually keep large molecules out, so the actual moloar of PDRN are way too big to actually be absorbed into the skin, so they're not going to penetrate your skin probably when being topically absorbed. Plus, this is a fun fact I recently learned the molecules are actually highly repulsive, and not repulsive in like a gross word, but repulsive in so you know how if you have two magnets and you try to join them together, you actually can't. I'm mimicking two magnets being put together, and they're just repelling each other. That's what I mean by high repulsion. So the top layer of your skin will repel those molecules way, so they're just not going to be absorbed topically. So while injectibles then bypass the barrier entirely. When brands do talk about topical PDRN, the big question is what tech have they used to ensure that the molecule can actually penetrate the skin in any way, let alone like.
Speaker 1: Effectively at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like any active ingredient, like any vitamin, a, hyleronic acid, peptides, all of these things. The delivery method, Like, it's not enough to just have the ingredient listed on the front of the bottle. It's all about the formulation. The sophisticated technology. Usually actives like PRN and other actives will be encapsulated within something else that can actually bypass all of what you were just talking about and get in there. So, like any skincare, I feel my personal opinion on PDRN is it's all about the formula rather.
Speaker 2: Than just the ingredient itself.
Speaker 4: It's really popular for under the eye area because that's where the skin is thinnest. We see signs of aging around the eyes, and dehydration can have a big impact on how kind of tired your under eyes look. I'm not opposed to using it in my topical skin care, but in terms.
Speaker 7: Of where it fits, that's the other hard part, because our routines are already so stuffed to the brim with stuff and ingredients and products and steps and layers that it is hard to know.
Speaker 4: And I would be going for a product that includes PDR and amongst other ingredients because I'm not doing a twelve step Korean skin care routine where I can be applying assets and mists and tonas and serums and ampules and all of these things. So yeah, I would definitely use it in kind of like an all rounder hydration or a peptide, like an all rounder kind of quote unquote antiaging kind of step in your routine.
Speaker 3: And I think because it's technically considered an active, that that's where people get confused as well, because they're like, but where can it fit. It's not like other actives where you shouldn't mix it.
Speaker 4: It's not a resurfacing product, so like a vitamin A, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids.
Speaker 2: They are all actually kind.
Speaker 4: Of removing those dead, crusty skin cells from the top and even sometimes creating a little bit of that micro trauma to the skin to actually prompt that regeneration response. Whereas I would think of PDRN more in your brain, put it in the same category as hyaluronic acid, for example. I know we spoke about that before, or peptides that they're a bit more quiet about the work that they're doing.
Speaker 2: Where's the other one to writ more kind of bang bang.
Speaker 3: All right, after the break, we are helping a ub avoid the midday freakout when your glowing morning makeup seems to have gone mia and it's been replaced by dry, tired skin. If you've ever wondered how do I get my makeup to last all day without looking crusty? You will want to listen to this and may I just inject a little anecdote about netball?
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, I'll do it after the brain Oh, I.
Speaker 4: Can't wait, Okay, our next question? Hi you beauty, I feel like I can not win. I am not able to retouch my face throughout the day, so I need my foundation and makeup to last. My makeup does last, but I look dry and tired by the middle of the day. If I do the glowy skin tint, slush, dewy makeup thing, it disappears off my face or looks messy in a few hours. How do I apply my makeup to last without it looking crusty as you say?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're excited to hear about my netball.
Speaker 2: Ancdote like on the edge of my seat, tell.
Speaker 1: Me, okay, great. So it was about two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: This is just that I'm, you know, proving my level of authority on this question.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, I was recording all day.
Speaker 3: I had to do a video, like I did my makeup first thing in the morning at you know, six thirty am. And anyone that is watching YouTube all has seen my face on socials.
Speaker 1: Nothing is ever matt on my face.
Speaker 3: I want to look like I'm about to go running like a disco ball.
Speaker 1: I do not enjoy that at all. So I had this huge full day and.
Speaker 3: Then I had a seven to fifteen game of netball. I played center for the entire game. So just bear in mind how sweaty and hot I was. I finished the game and Amy a lovely young lass. She was like, what the hell, Kelly, you look like your makeup has not moved. So that's my level of authority. Okay, I know how to keep the glow and like, also, look like you're wearing makeup all day without it disappearing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell me exactly what you did. What did you do that day?
Speaker 3: I've sung it from the rooftops before, but I cannot stress the importance of skin prep. I know that's boring because you're sick of people saying it. I've got chronically dry skin. If I only put one serum on, a one moisturizer on under my makeup, I would actually just be flake city in half an hour. So there are a couple of different ways that I skin prep, depending on how long I have and whether I'm in a r to be fair, unless it's on the weekend, I'm always in a rush. So I generally will use the Dermologica microfoliant when I'm wanting to do makeup and when I'm wanting it to last, because that is just going to really quickly. I don't then have to double cleanse, just the one cleanse. But because it's a little bit granular and it sort of emulsifies into a paste. It gets all of my skin care off from the night before and really just makes my base because it's gotten everything off, and it's that mild exfoliator physical exfoliator, so every little bit of texture is then off my face. Then I will go in with one to two hydrating serums and then a moisturizer. Then I will also prime my skin. And I really believe in primer because I think that the way that they're they're not for everyone, but the way that they've been formulated, especially for us dry dehydrated gales that want our makeup to last or day without going like feral. They just make your makeup stick, They make it last, they make it not go yucky. If you do have time, I would suggest doing a five minute facial massage with like an oil or just something super slippy, so maybe a really nice serum or an oil. You can use your fingers, you can use a washer, you can use the face balls, whatever you're doing, either that or like you know, even one of those nice sheet masks. But I would still always massage in because then you're sort of bringing the blood to the surface of the skin. You're just making it look more alive, more healthy, more juicy, and you're also prepping it and really getting all of those products in so that then your makeup isn't going to just be sitting on your skin. It's going to have a better job at sort of making you not look like you're wearing heaps of makeup.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Yes, you want it all to be one with the skin.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Another thing is there's a very fine line between looking really caking and krusty by midday or being so glowy and dewey that you don't look like you've got any makeup at all. So I use powder extremely sparingly. This is a case by case depending on how dry your skin is. If you're oily, you can use way more powder than me. I use the tiniest little bit of just oppressed translucent so it's got no color. Powder Under my eyes, where I have more darkness, you know, there's a lot more movement there, so the makeup moves more. I do a tiny bit between my eyebrows, on my chin and on the sides of my nose, just because I find that those are the areas that my makeup will tend to move throughout the day because of movement, because of maybe that little bit of sweat, even though I don't really get sweat, and because that's the areas that I touch my face the most, especially under my nose when I get itchies. So I just use a teeny tiny little bit of powder there. The rest of your face, just leave it, use cream products. And if you are setting with a powder bronze or blush, once again, just use the teeniest, tiniest little amounts because powder is what makes your skin look crusty through the day. Then make up setting sprays and mists always carry one. I always have that little It's my current favor. It's been my favor for a while, just to pop in my bag, the little red turtur on can try.
Speaker 4: I haven't, but I heard you talk about it, I think the other day.
Speaker 3: I have not stopped talking about it since I got And also I've got like this little bottle. I carry it with me most days and it has just lasted forever. It just juices up your face and sets your makeup without it being sort of sticky and stiff and moving your makeup around. But like there are so many good ones out on the market, so just having something to freshen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two I love is the Whole Beauty Glow setting spray, which also has a bit of pigment in it, like a luminous it's like a Champagne kind of setting spray, but that it's really great and you can use that too, not just to set your makeup at the end. Is another tip is actually to be doing layers as you go, so you know, because it's like you're not just trying to put a mask over the top at the end.
Speaker 2: You really want it.
Speaker 4: As you were saying, you want the makeup to feel flexible with your skin. You've done your skin prep, then do your primer layer of spray, apply your foundation layer of spray, and you can buff it in with either a brush.
Speaker 2: Or your beauty blend or whatever you use to do your foundation.
Speaker 4: And it's just kind of like creating these layers that then will help it wear better throughout the day. Another one I love is the Morphi which I always forget about Morphi, but it's such an affordable, excellent professional makeup brand, and they have a mate version and a dewy version, so if you are on the earlier side, but the spray on that.
Speaker 2: Oh it does things to me. The mist is so most.
Speaker 1: Fine, fine and continuous. Oh so good, I just got child good.
Speaker 3: That's such a good point about setting each layer. And on your point about the sponge, well, this is something that I do that I just forgot that I did every now and then, Like if I'm doing proper makeup for a wedding or something, I actually, instead of running my sponge underwater because we always need our beauty sponge to be damp, I will just do like ten sprays of makeup setting spray. So then that's actually what I'm using to really press the foundation and conceal it into my skin, and it just yet it will literally last all day. So, as always, at the end of every Monday episode, we finish with a beauty bite, which might just be a how to, a little hack, a different way that we're using a product. It could be anything that we think is helpful related to beauty.
Speaker 1: So what is yours?
Speaker 4: So my beauty bite is something that is relatively new to me.
Speaker 2: I thought my skin was dry before.
Speaker 4: It's actually like crazy how much the weather can impact your skin, as well as just being in air con or heating all day. I'm just finding that I can't get away with not actually putting a bit of attension into my skin.
Speaker 2: And one of those areas in particular is the underrye area.
Speaker 4: You can't see it on this camera, but I have a bit of pigmentation, especially bet on my driver's side. Guys, it's so true what they say about some damage on the driver's.
Speaker 2: Side of your face.
Speaker 4: I was in America semi recently, humble Brag, and.
Speaker 2: I ran around in a Sephora.
Speaker 4: It's where I came across these reusable silicon I masks and there. Essentially they look exactly like the underried sheet mask patches that you would buy in a tub of pre soaked serum, but they're made of silicon and they're reusable. So essentially they look a bit like those shminkles under ie things, but they're much thinner. They're kind of stretchy, almost like Latex Minor from the brand called Dew, which is a very cool girl brand. The thing that I like about these is that I can use them with any I cream or icerum that you already have, or just plain old hydrating serum. Right, So what I like to do is I apply a decent whack of my hydrating skincare.
Speaker 2: Then I'll do extra under the eyes and I.
Speaker 4: Put the silicon patch over the top and it just it doesn't dry out.
Speaker 2: So that's number one.
Speaker 4: It's really going to just kind of sit there and be like an ecclusive layer that allows your product to really penetrate. I probably wear them for maybe fifteen twenty minutes if I've woken up early enough. I just find it makes a huge difference. Then you take them off, you just rinse them with warm water, dry them off, pop them back in their little tin that they come in, and over time it's more economical. Obviously it's really good for the environment, but in general, if not, just under I patches is a great tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really obsessed with these reusable ones.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll have to have a look at them.
Speaker 3: My beauty bite is that when you're traveling, you don't need to take I mean a lot of people probably know this, but you don't need to take your entire makeup kit because so many products are actually so much more multi use than you realize. And the example I'm going to give is I recently went for a fast overseas trip and listen. I didn't have any I literally had thirty kilos for five nights, which is diabolical. But instead of packing all my makeup, I took one palette.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked, and it was a small palette and I used her for everything.
Speaker 3: And so this is just your reminder of how multi use so many different makeup products are. So it was the a limited edition Charlotte Tilbury palette. So I ended up giving it to my girlfriend because I was like, people keep asking me what I've got on my face, and it doesn't even exist anymore. So you have it because I'm not being a helpful queen when I'm using something it doesn't exist anymore. But the bronzer shade in the palette, like it was such a small palate, But the bronzer shade I used to define the crease. Also as a bronzer you can use it more targeted to contour. I used it with an angled brush to define my brows. I used it as a liner along my upper lash line. Then the blush shade I used on my lids. You can mix it with a little bit of bronzer if you're worried about PINKAI used it on my cheeks on my lips with the cream version of it, and then the highlight shade, I press it into my lid as a shimmer. You can also use it if it's the more cream based, use it in the center of your lips to make your lip pop, use it as the actual highlighter. So it's just a reminder, I guess, to really play with makeup and remember that just because something's called a bronza doesn't mean that you only have to use it as a bronza. And you don't need to waste valuable real estate in your packing with unnecessary beauty items when you can just use one.
Speaker 2: Great tip. Love that.
Speaker 3: Thanks Kelly, oh anytime, Amy, and thank you so much for joining me. If you have a question, make sure you dm us at you Beauty Podcast and.
Speaker 1: We will answer them. Make sure you're following us on YouTube and TikTok at you Beauty Pod. Please leave us a review. We love hearing from you and we'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land. We have recorded this podcast on the Gadigol people of the Eora nation. We pay our respects to their elders past and present. And extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestrait Islander cultures.