Speaker 1: These are the yays of our lives. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is the platforms to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly, the best and worst day will bear all the facets of seizing your yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and Matcha Milk Bark Sez. The Yea is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and.
Speaker 2: Fulfillment along the way. Poop, what an amazing start.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, stating our twenty twenty two with a bang.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so nothing's changed now. Everyone's like New Year knew me. It's like New Year's same.
Speaker 3: And any might.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Well it's been so long since I have even had my microphone out of its case, I pretty much forgot how to put it all together.
Speaker 2: I think it's been maybe six weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even realize when you said the other day, You're like, normally I still put one out each week, or an old one or a redo or something. But it's suit as it's been since what sort of December since you put one out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it. Yeah, maybe more than six weeks then, actually, and that's so unusual. I usually take I mean, the first year, I didn't take any break. Second year, I think I took two weeks, but I re released episodes and then I had grand intentions this year, just re releasing episodes for a month and then starting again. But it's just continued to be the weirdest time. And I couldn't even get my brain together to even say the intro to a re release, to explain why, you know, some of the content was outdated.
Speaker 2: It's been really weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think normal's quite noticeable. But I feel like the last eight weeks or six weeks is flow. I feel like I haven't consumed much, Like I feel like my brain's pretty full to consume anymore, even if it's like good stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think I've just been watching trash TV a lot, a lot of that.
Speaker 2: What's your definition of trash TV?
Speaker 3: No, well, we really got into singles Inferno.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 4: Is that the one that's now kind of creeping up the charts on Netflix now that everyone's sort of into Korean cinema.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like Love Island but Korean. I don't see. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I don't ever watch Love Island because I was like, I'm like, yeah, it's I just can't. But this one is just so good because it's just so many cultural differences.
Speaker 3: They don't kiss, they barely touch, they just hold hands at maximum.
Speaker 2: It's the most boring show ever.
Speaker 3: Basically, No, it's not boring.
Speaker 5: It's really great for people like myself hashtag abstinence is key. It's just something you hooked on for absolutely no reason, Like to the point where with our siblings we actually teed up, Like when the new release came out or the new episodes came out, we were like, whose house are we watching it at?
Speaker 3: So that kind of stuff that we've been consuming.
Speaker 5: So, you know, so sorry for not realizing you even hadn't put anything out for six weeks.
Speaker 3: I just personally feel like I haven't really taken in very much.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sort of hoping that everyone else has been finding this whole time as weird as I have, and it's also not really noticed because often I think this happens to a lot of people in business but in everything really that you hold yourself to these really perfectionist standards, thinking, oh my god, everyone's going to notice if I take one week off and then you take eight weeks off and still no one's really good that there's been no episode.
Speaker 2: So I think it's just been so weird.
Speaker 4: I put up a meme the other day that just so captured what this strange start of the third year of the Madness has been like, and it was a Venn diagram. On one side is the apocalypse, and on the other side is still having to go to work, and we're just like somehow finding ourselves in the middle where things are still crazy, but everyone is also trying to resume normal at the same time, and the same uncertainty and the same emotional upheaval is happening all the time, but also some things are going back to normal, and where it's starting to put back normal expectations on ourselves. So I thought that the quote of the AA to kick off the year. That would be a nice reminder for everyone, mainly for me because I'm semi having an internal breakdown, is you have exactly enough energy for just one day at a time. And another sort of version to that that I saw someone say is just that if you're taking it minute by minute, day by day, week by week and a maximum, that's absolutely okay. Because it is our third year of you know, really big changes, and I think often I get frustrated that my motivation or that my energy isn't going back to normal. But you know, I think it's the circumstances term to go back to normal that's.
Speaker 3: Playing them circumstances. It is circumstances, I agree, but it means so.
Speaker 4: Weird for me, Like I love creating the show more than anything, and last year it was the biggest release and escape, but even something that creates so much joy for me, I just became like really incoherent. I just like had this weird resistance to forming sentences. I didn't feel very eloquent. My brain just could not get it together to even record you know you and I let alone organizing our guest to do an interview that I needed at eight weeks off, and I would you know, it would surprise me that I actually took it, but just a little minded to everyone that if you are kind of struggling to start the year, how you'd hoped that.
Speaker 2: I think that's very norm right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of wish.
Speaker 5: That we did it while you weren't eloquent, because then finally we'd be on the same level.
Speaker 3: Now there's still just you.
Speaker 5: Being really eloquent in me with an undiagnosed stutter that doesn't exist but probably does exist sometimes I don't know any who I digress.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, that's a word. It was like poop, but been.
Speaker 5: Honestly, this is our surface level I've been for a while, and this is why I was like, I agree in that I think internal breakdown kind of implosion might happen shortly because I've been I'm normally a pretty reflective and deep thinker. But everything's really been surface level for a good period of time. There's been just a lot of things happening in the news, lots of opinions, lots of things that we should and shouldn't feel, lots of changes. Yeah, there's lots of things to have to have a feeling about that to the point where it's almost too much, too many feelings to happen. Therefore we have no feelings. So it's kind of just like a totally feelings overload. So a lot of time I think, I read the news and I'm like, I don't know what to think, and don't ask me what I think because I don't know, because I just feel nothing now, because there's just too many voices, you know, like my male compass always say it's pretty true, but I even feel like that has been really obscure. But yeah, by just a lot of input from a lot of different things happening, even little things that you know Djokovic, which becomes quite a moral you know, discussion or ethical and politics, and then you talk about hospital systems, and then the vaccination will always be quite a polarizing conversation depending who you have it with.
Speaker 3: And yeah, constant changes at work, and then yeah, I think there's just.
Speaker 2: A lot going on really totally.
Speaker 4: And I think probably towards the end of the year, all of us were just hanging on, like let's just make it to the end and then we'll get some reprieve. But just as the break started, the news cycle started to ramp up again, and there was all this new bombardment of information and we're expected to kind of like draw a line in the end and start a new year. So it's been a crazy time. I mean, even you're now reflecting on when we were going to do this first episode, we don't even remember what's happened since the last time we did one of these, because we've had Christmas and New Years and Djokovic and Omicron and like, so many things have happened, but also nothing has happened, and we're still feel very much in the same position. So I guess my overarching theme is, Yeah, if you guys are feeling as weird I.
Speaker 2: Think as we are, that that's completely normal.
Speaker 4: And if you're ya doesn't look exactly how you thought it might at the start of twenty twenty two, that's.
Speaker 2: Also totally okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot of this show lately has been me giving myself permission to.
Speaker 2: Feel weird and not together. I feel like.
Speaker 4: That's the general vibe that you know, it's still a weird time, so it's okay, you're still feeling a bit funny.
Speaker 5: Do you know when I it clicked for me that we were both just so spaced out. It was like a couple of weeks ago when I was like what are you doing and you're like.
Speaker 6: Sounds like yeah, like you're a hike and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I can't, but I might.
Speaker 5: And I was like fine in the morning, and you were like, so if you want to hike, and I was like, like, you said no, and you're like, I said, I might. Look at the texts and I was like, well, because you said your I mentally prepared not to, and you're like, well, I mentally prepared to to. And I was like okay, well we're not going. And then you're like here we are, and I was like fine. And I was like, well, do you want to lunch? And you're like no, I'm busy or like whatever, and I was like and then it came to the point where we're just so sassy for no reason, like and then I think I always said something like I just gave you nothing to respond to, and then you responded with the thumbs up, and I responded with, oh my gosh, thumbs up rude. And then you responded with well, there's nothing left to say. This is all my texts.
Speaker 3: And I was like goodness, we suck right now.
Speaker 5: We can't even have a normal conversation to make one decision. So I think that was when I was like I ended up reading that back later in the day and just laughing, being like, we actually suck, because I ended up then coming to Alex where you were going that night, and it was fine, like we were so excited to be with each other and like hang out, but it took us for one person to just like make a bold decision to drive two hours for us to even agree on anything, And I was like, good lord.
Speaker 3: What is the world come to?
Speaker 5: And I can't even have one conversation to make one decision with someone that normally we're just in each other's brains, we don't need normally need to even ask totally year.
Speaker 4: I think it's like decision fatigue and just thinking fatigue, Like it was just so bloody tired of information and having stuff in their brain that I really actively felt my brain just trying to detach from anything, like what time it was to do list. I think that's why I was not together enough to actually do a task like a podcast that involves the different steps, because I'd forget to press record, like I would forget.
Speaker 2: What I was saying mid sentence.
Speaker 4: So it was really nice, you know, to kind of take a couple of days and then even the things like I can't even remember what's happened before Jocovic. I think that's the most current thing that's in my brain. But even with that, I think I've put on socials the other day that I just I just didn't want to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 2: Like I just got to the point where I was.
Speaker 4: Like, can you so they Okay, I didn't have resolutions. I usually have really big resolutions, but instead I had like things I didn't ask for for Christmas that I would like to ask the universe for a manifest from the Internet gods.
Speaker 2: There are three things, So.
Speaker 5: Just a paraphrase way of saying these resolutions, that's fine.
Speaker 4: So one thing I wanted if Instagram is listening, is you know how you can follow a hashtag, which is so handy if you could unfollow, like exclude a hashtag, because I just suddenly was like, I can't hear one more argument about Djokovic either way, and like you said before, I can't even decide how I feel about it anymore.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to hear about it. Just let's move on.
Speaker 4: And I feel like all of our tolerance and threshold for new information is just like eugh. So I was like, a, is there an exclude hashtag option? If not, there should be number two because I also have no tolerance for like things just not being efficient at the moment. So I feel like everyone's a little bit impatient in society. Is I would like an apply all setting to my stories. So if I've gone to all the effort to make a beautiful heading and like line up my music, and then there's four frames, chances are I want the same thing on all four frames, I don't have to redo it for every frame. So how amazing would an apply all button B number three on all my streaming services?
Speaker 2: I would like, I'm having a selfish twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm hearing you. I valid at your feelings.
Speaker 4: A skip intro button permanently because I don't watch one episode at a time, right like we watched seventy five episodes in a row. I don't need to see the intro seventy five thousand times. Just skip it, just skip it permanent. I don't any intro, right? Would that not change your life. That would change my twenty two too.
Speaker 3: I hear you, and I validate your feelings.
Speaker 4: But like the story thing right, you know, when you get everything right, you tag like your twenty friends that are in the story, not.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 4: I tag you and Nick and then like Paul who doesn't have an instrm account.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't want to retag you in every frame.
Speaker 5: I agree mostly on the music across multiple videos. Once I think that's good. I feel like it probably is doable.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like the anti hashtag thing, I think you can actually click on the three dots. You can do this on TikTok, but it's an option to not show me this kind of content anymore, and that's their way of doing like anti hashtags, so you can't. It's not like an hashtag you block, but it's more so you can like kind of see if you can create your own feed by doing that.
Speaker 3: You can do it on TikTok.
Speaker 2: You can also just unfollow things.
Speaker 4: I guess, like if something triggering you, I always say, like, curate your environment because whatever you are consuming all the time is what you're going to you know, feel and be surrounded by.
Speaker 3: I demand all these things, but in hindsight I actually had to the law.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, I can be more reasonable.
Speaker 4: Also, like there's such a minor inconveniences that it's like, Wow, she's really stooped to the next level, Like I can't be bothered.
Speaker 2: To press intro, which already comes up. So it's just one button.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it is?
Speaker 5: I think it's actually a user experience thing that they want you to press it to make sure that you're still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm always still there.
Speaker 4: Have they read the room we're all still there?
Speaker 5: Not? Because I know last time when we were in alex I could hear.
Speaker 3: The office playing at three am in the morning.
Speaker 2: Still, yeah, I was there.
Speaker 4: It was so One of the things that happened is there was a massive thunderstorm when we're in the country and Paul woke up and then he hates thunder He had like he needed full coaxing back to this is like a full time motherhood roll. This little dog had a full breakdown. And then our bed broke not from doing the fun things, purely because he jumped on the bed and he was too big for the bed and there were three of its very old bed and then he had another breakdown and he just looked at me and was like, I want to fucking go home, Mum, Like this is not okay. So I was up at three am putting my gone betray to sleep. This is what I deal with. This is why I need to skip intro a button permanently.
Speaker 2: Do you hear me? Do you validate me?
Speaker 3: Because I hear you, I validate your feelings. I feel like we're in therapy session.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I also I'm like, oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to publish this episode to the poor man. I so much to say and so nothing to say about the last six state where it has just been.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, I don't think he ever did a twenty twenty one wrap up episode.
Speaker 3: Did you.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were supposed to, but you and I just kept I just kept being like, cool, let's do that. But I think I even said in the very last episode with the real Dad's which was the greatest interview, I think I'll re release that as a little like previously on CZA for everyone, and then not permanently skip the intro because the rap is.
Speaker 5: Can I skip your intro or is it just selective on who you want to be?
Speaker 2: Well, my rap is, you know I call it.
Speaker 4: But I think I said at the end of that if we do another years of our lives, we probably won't because it's you know, December got really hectic. I had that Oh my god, we haven't even talked about going to la and then coming home and isolating and doing the marathon, like at seventy one hour. Oh, it's just been a crazy time. We went to Tazzy Oh, oh my god, twenty twenty one. Like I'm such a resolutions person. I always like close a year and then reflect a lot and then reevaluate the goals and kind of write new ones. I just haven't done that this year because it's just, yeah, been so weird. So I think that was why I wanted this first episode to be very much a reminder for everyone that you also haven't kind of closed off last year and started this one, or if you're having travel making that transition, like that's just you're a product of the times.
Speaker 2: It has been weird.
Speaker 4: There has been no clear delineation, and I think again, like this is exactly I should have listened to the first episode last year, because I think I could have just re released that one because last year I was like, it can't end last year and start new year.
Speaker 2: If it's not new year, new me.
Speaker 4: If it's new me, you know, new year, same old me with all my same like concerns and worries and uncertainty, then it's okay.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I was only asking because I feel like you could do a little live reflection on the last year and talk about what you feel top of your brain. If we said what your three biggest achievements were last year, you feel from it, either from any any party of your life, so personal, career, just general reflections where you feel like the three greatest things that good one.
Speaker 4: I think looking back, and this was actually why that twenty twenty one year in review video that everyone was doing on TikTok and Instagram was actually really lovely because it made you kind of go through your camera roll to find some highlights and actually realized I had more photos and videos and moments that I wanted to include in the video then I could fit in the video, which made me even more grateful to think, you know, it hasn't been all bad. There's always been in between lots of beautiful moments of Yeah, so that was a great exercise for me to remember heaps of great things happened, and I think the first that comes to mind isn't one particular moment, but it's the I think ongoing sort of year worth of SEZ, the eight episodes or quotes or quotes of the day, or conversations that I had with people, of making the third Flipbook, and powering on with positivity at a time where many moments I really didn't feel like it or didn't have the motivation. I was feeling particularly down, but we're having a yighborhood, like gave me a reason to kind of get up and just find that one quote. If it was a really bad day, but five minutes of it was dedicated to a quote of the day. You know, that helped me as much as I hope it helped other people. And then I think you bounce that positivity off each other. I feel like at times last year I really wanted to just take a break. I really wanted to stop the show or you know, take a break off socials. But I felt like, you know, having a yahborhood to do quotes for or to do episodes for.
Speaker 2: Helped me through it as well.
Speaker 4: So I think just staying open last year, just keeping going with it and introducing.
Speaker 2: Two episodes a week last year was a really big thing.
Speaker 4: Having you join really gave me a lot of joy and not giving up.
Speaker 5: I've actually got my hands and feet shackled at the minute, so it was aful join.
Speaker 3: But here we are still here.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there were many moments last year I just thought I can't do it, like I can't keep this energy up. But we did until December, and I think it helped you know, a lot of people, but it helped me most of all. And I really really grateful and proud that we did that.
Speaker 2: Another one I think.
Speaker 4: Would be at the end of the year was a really exciting, amazing thing. I still can't talk about what it was for, but it was really really wonderful. It was really uncertain. It was like the height of not knowing what was happening. I like spontaneity, but ongoing uncertainty is not the sort of ideal circumstances that I like to operate in. And I didn't know He's sort of until the day I was going if I could go, and then Omicron happened. And then I didn't you know, suddenly I had to isolate for seventy two hours. But I only knew the day that I left, and like all the rules were changing. And then I came back and isolated for seventy two hours. Melbourne Marathon started at seventy one hours after I landed. So then again I was like, the last thing I want to do jet lagged is run. But I've shared this journey the whole way, and I think I should just do it. I would just start an hour late and catch up to everyone. And that was maybe the hardest thing I've ever done mentally, not physically, to.
Speaker 2: Run by myself.
Speaker 4: I ran by myself for fourteen kilometers and then finished the last seven like by myself, like no water stops, no humans on the track, guys.
Speaker 5: So like be you y herself, like b y e herself, I myself. I don't know how much we can emphasize more that she was by herself. When you said by yourself, I was like, guys, everyone runs by themselves all the time.
Speaker 3: Whatever. But Sarah had started so late for.
Speaker 5: The half marathon that even the slowest of people weren't that far back in terms of time and the marathon has had already way surpassed that part of the route, so genuinely, Sarah was so far back that it was not even a single soul or like not even a bird around because.
Speaker 3: Everything had been sucked up.
Speaker 2: No wildlife, no wildlife.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like an apocalypse.
Speaker 2: It was my then diagram.
Speaker 5: You were saying that one of the security guards would like had to gently just ask like are you okay because.
Speaker 3: He was just so far behind. He started so much later, it was you should put the video out.
Speaker 4: He was trying to pick up the witch's hats. He was like, like, I need to like open the road again.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I started later with in America. I was like telling everyone my last story that I found. It was like the two people that I saw in an hour. Yeah that was that I was really proud of because I was allowed to do it another time. But I just was like, you know, I want to do it on the day. I want to finish at the MCG and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy. And then I don't know what a third one would be.
Speaker 4: I think I'm I really really loved towards the end of the year doing the for Women in science miniseries and then the Nike running miniseriies. I loved creating like miniseries that really shone a light on people who I find so interesting, and structuring things a little differently and just kind of going with the flow a lot more. I think I talked the talk about embracing uncertainty a lot in twenty twenty, and I did it to an extent, but I also still had a bit more control than I had last year. But then last year I really did embrace the whole, like, I don't have a plan really further ahead than a fortnight, but I'm going to make the most of it.
Speaker 2: And I think looking.
Speaker 4: Back at last year and then seeing all the highlights, I was like, I think I think I did. I think I got a lot out of the year, even though it was really hard and we went back into lockdown quite a few times, but I still have lots of happy memories and yeah.
Speaker 5: And then what about if you had to reflect on your low lights.
Speaker 7: The parts of the year that you pass didn't really enjoy, parts that you found challenging, or any times if you did turn out yeah, anything that's just was mass great.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, I think I had so much momentum through the year that there were really hard times. I mean, the sort of sixth and seventh or whatever it was lockdowns was just I mean, I don't think any of us really remember them, like the blur that that was, and the like you mentioned, so much emotion that you're almost a numb because you're like, well, I can't even fight this, like you know, it was just so difficult. But honestly, I think it was when I low down at the when I felt like I made it to the end of the year. I finished the podcast, I finished LA I finished the marathon, I got to Christmas, we went to Tazzy, spent some time with a Nick's family. We had a really tumultuous time with his family as well through the year with some health complications that was Nick was away for a third of last year, maybe a bit more so. Doing lockdowns alone.
Speaker 2: Was really difficult.
Speaker 4: But I think when you when you're on a roll, you can push through, and sometimes that's not good for you because adrenaline will just push you away beyond where you need to go. And I say this all the time. I've said this in my book Two Years Ago, which I wrote three years ago. Now, So obviously I haven't really learned my lesson, but I clearly just was pushing to get to sort of New Year's and then from New Year's till now has been the big crash of just complete flatness, and I would say even below flat, just moments of such not darkness, but just nothingness, of complete depletion. I think of like, oh, I held on all year to just be positive and get through the day and motivation, I rise up, lifting others whatever.
Speaker 2: And then the first week of January, I was like, this is fucked.
Speaker 4: I hate everything, I hate everyone, and I get like that maybe once every two years, but when I do it, it's like two weeks long and I can't talk. So I think it's been this year instead literally, But also sitting with that and knowing that what I was telling other people is that that's normal, and I was sharing a lot of it along the way as well, to explain sort of how I was feeling in case anyone else needed validation if they were having a really dark time.
Speaker 2: Even though that.
Speaker 4: Should be when we've sort of earned freedom again, you know, we should be in the middle of our hot girl summer. Things were open up, we were expecting you know, we were on holidays that should feel great, but I think it felt worse because you kind of slow down all catches up with you. That I think that was my hardest and I'm only just sort of this week coming out of it realizing like.
Speaker 2: It's okay, just go slowly.
Speaker 4: And I think the way I described it was, you spend all year and all the stimulus around is constantly knotting your stomach up into knots, more and more knots. Every tough thing that happens, or every even good thing, but every overstimulation thing that happens ties up knots. And you know how when you first get on a holiday, you often don't enjoy it for the first few days because you're just unwinding. You're untying the most tight of those knots. But why sometimes recovery from a year, or a traumatic experience or just you know, life takes so long on a holiday is because you've got to un not all of those knots, and that you've spent a whole year building them up. So it's going to take you a while to kind of unknot them until you can feel at ease again. So I feel like, I got really impatient. I was like, why am I still feeling like this? It's, you know, January seven. I should be smashing life again by now. It's a new year. Knew me, but you know, I was like, I have shitload of knots to deal with. They're still kind of there so and I think all of us have a lot of them. Financial travel, hell, family. Some people haven't been able to see their families still. You know, there's still so much in the air that if you're feeling really naughty and it's taking you a long time to like unknot them, then that's normal. I'm just self justifying. This is such a self justifying therapy session.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: When you were talking about notting all I could think about was my hair at the minute because I zoned out and I was like, yeah, actually it's drue.
Speaker 3: For a wash.
Speaker 2: Your low light is the state of your hair right now, this I get.
Speaker 3: I was like, naughty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually, last time I run my fingers through it, I didn't even run through it.
Speaker 3: It just got stuck. Half two.
Speaker 2: Goodness, I've been there saying that.
Speaker 4: I'll be in the middle of a conversation and just be like, what was I talk about or I constantly end up in a different room like why am I here?
Speaker 3: Literally literally the two things I was thinking, and I.
Speaker 5: Did listen to you, I'm sorry, I hear you, and I validate you.
Speaker 2: It was like, that is not becoming a thing?
Speaker 5: Was that, Yeah, your face is really listening? And to yeah, my hair is really naughty. That's what I was thinking in.
Speaker 2: The last Why am I?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: But you don't you shine? You shine and you listen.
Speaker 2: It's okay shining and glistening and not the same thing. Oh my god. Anyway, so we're feeling better, we're back on the show. This is so without the video, no one's gonna understand what we're doing.
Speaker 4: I'll have to We do this like love language thing to each other where we roll our eyes. There's a photo of us what during our wedding where we like roll our eyes back into our head and look at each other because we can't actually see each other, so none of us knows when we've finished doing it, so one of us will always just be hanging at the end. So you can see we're like a little bit better, not quite back in our normal dear yeahhood, I'm so sorry for this whole episode. We do have some very excit guests coming up, and we will get back into the swing of things. I'm sure hopefully now that things are open a little bit more, we might be able to get back to some live in person events, which would be lovely. Which takes me to yighborhood Watch and there are so many beautiful things that I screenshoted. I was making a really big effort, as we mentioned before, to kind of curate my feed because I was getting so overwhelmed by the news cycle and CZ eight in part for me, is my revolt against negative news and wanting to try and find all the good news stories. But one dropped into my lap when we were in Alexandra in the country when and surprised us. I think it was last Monday, right, and we went for a big hike. I was this town has like maybe a thousand people. It's a very small town.
Speaker 3: It's literally like twelve people.
Speaker 2: Okay, twelve.
Speaker 4: You know, I have no people scale or volume scale, but I read on the sign eleven hundred people.
Speaker 3: So I do not believe that I'm going to go there and count.
Speaker 4: What you could You'd be like one fourteen everyone is sit down?
Speaker 3: Can you quickly sign my so it's really important.
Speaker 4: These are official Instagram numbers anyway. So I'm sitting at the cafe. There's like one cafe. It's called the Grant Street Grosser. I met the owner.
Speaker 2: She's absolutely lovely.
Speaker 4: They've brought like Melbourne quality coffee and chai and smashed avo to this tiny country town, which is like absolutely incredible, so lovely, and they also showcase food businesses like the honey and the jams and the saucers from all around the Marandindi area, which is beautiful. But our waitress came out to serve us and stops halfway through the conversation and goes, are you from Cca? And I lost my actual shit. Lily Ward, I love you so much. She is the most beautiful member of the neighborhood who just happens to have been working at that cafe on the day that we were there. And as you know, I say it all the time, we don't get to see you guys when we're recording right now, so it just feels like it's Ange and I, which is why we sound so totally moronic most of the time. So I forget that people listen so to hear her reflect back on how like it reached her in yuk out in Country Victoria and she has the flip book. She also listens to The Shameless Girls. Our sister Pod has lived in Dubai. Like it's just this incredible young woman and you know, I mean you saw all my face. After she went back inside, I was.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I met someone who listened to like gus Ah. It was like the best day ever. It was like the best day of my life.
Speaker 5: You do love those interactions because you're about you don't. I think social media is awesome, but I realized, like you don't actually meet people. You make a lot of Instagram friends, but as a lot of the time people don't You've never met them in real life.
Speaker 3: So some of you in nice put a.
Speaker 5: Face to the name and the podcast is even even more distant from a physical standpoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: You're like all the way to yuk and I was like, Bi, you know, this is an online thing like that.
Speaker 2: It traveled down the cords all the way there.
Speaker 3: I can't have Australia post got it there track.
Speaker 2: It's the feline Wow.
Speaker 4: But I just wanted to give Lily a little shout out because she absolutely made my week at a time also where I was stressing so much about getting the energy to start again and you know, feeling really down about my own ability to do that.
Speaker 2: So it was just absolutely delightful.
Speaker 4: And she has a wonderful story and I kind of want to tell it as well, but I kind of want to get her on to tell it herself, so maybe she can join us for another episode.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should go back to Alex and interview her.
Speaker 3: Well, boom, that was a lot of internal dialogue. I'm just catching up. God, it really speak.
Speaker 6: I couldn't old Wayne just like it on the screen.
Speaker 5: But I agree we should go back to Alex interview Lily at Grand Street Grocer.
Speaker 3: Have some honey, honey by your honeys, and it will be a life. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: I think you were We probably will get to this towards the end of the episode, but I think you were chatting the other.
Speaker 3: Day about how you want to evolve.
Speaker 5: The episodes and things like that, and you know me, I've always been like, it's really cool to hear people's stories that aren't like really successful founders, even though they are still you know, like people. I think different as you know, as in like people.
Speaker 2: I was like, where is this going?
Speaker 4: I don't know, No, I don't know how to say this, but yeah, like lessons so successful or earlier in their journeys.
Speaker 5: They're still relatable, but sometimes they're just so successful you're like, well I could never be that or whatever, So like you're right in this different part of the journey, likes people at the start or people with different journeys. So I don't know, I think it would be really fun to hear this story.
Speaker 4: Well. I also have in our last section recommendations, we will talk about our other idea that links to Lily, but I also have pretty much since December or the start of December, even a whole heap of screenshots. As I was talking about the news cycle in my protest against the bad news, found a lot of beautiful good news stories, which are actually often quite hard to find because people don't report on them as much. But here are a couple of my favorites. Some of them are Christmas related, obviously, since we didn't manage to or I didn't manage to get an episode out in December, but the first one that I absolutely adore is some anonymous Aussie grandparents went into I think it was Toy World, but it could have been just a different toy store and paid off anonymously so we don't even know who they are, but paid off thousands of dollars of toy lay bys just before Christmas so that struggling parents could gift their children the toys that they had put on layby. Is that not the most beautiful thing it is?
Speaker 5: I think I read the UN and actually opened the headline, but I was like, damn it. If I had all the money in the world, I feel like that's worth too shout people things, how good would you feel? Right?
Speaker 4: I love the idea that it's just it's like, doesn't have to go. Not that there's I mean, organizations who do charitable work are so amazing, but I love the idea of just walking into a shop doing it, you know, for individual families or individuals set to parents who have individual labors, you know, just walking in and being like, I'm just going to clear the debt for all of those people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And what's really nice is they're probably not walking in and there is no hate towards these people as well, because any good is really great good, but they're probably not walking in like documenting their whole you know, going to the cash register shouting out to TikTok people things. Yeah, well yeah, like they're just doing good to their heart and it's found, which is really like.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, people that.
Speaker 5: Do do on TikTok I find like I love watching that stuff because it's it's like faith in humanity stuff. But it's kind of nice that it's still a thing that people do random acts of kindness. It does restore some faith in a really time where there's just a lot of things happening.
Speaker 4: There was another really cute one on a similar note, but over in Spain. We're a Spanish football club. Totally different idea, but the videos of hilarious. You should go watch them. A Spanish football club organized I think it was after one of their matches, where all the people would throw thousands of toys onto the field and then they would collect and distribute all the toys so that all children had a gift at Christmas. But there's just these pictures of this football field with all these like bears getting thrown onto the field. It's like it made me so happy. I screenshoted like three different versions of the article because I just.
Speaker 2: Like bears were It was like bears were raining from the sky. It was the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: I didn't even see that one that's so cute. How cute is.
Speaker 2: Like drop bears?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, raaming bears and I think it was real bettis and they got their fans to literally throw There were thousands of toys onto the field. It was at halftime at a recent match for kids who might need be in need of a toy at Christmas. I just think that's just secutus together. Another random one is that stress students in Hong Kong. I've worked in Hong Kong. It's a very high powered area of the world. There's now a bus that they can hop on just for napping. What right, Like, you know, sometimes it's just so.
Speaker 2: Funny, you know that.
Speaker 4: I was still quite a dreamal fatigue when I worked in Hong Kong, and so I ended up sleeping under my desk and suddenly I understood. I just got it why everyone in Hong Kong sleeps at the desk. But often if you weren't at work and you were just walking around, but you didn't actually like if you live far away from where you study, Like where are you going to just lie down? So now there's a bus that you get on to have a nap, and there's like cabin ambience and then because it's like a moving vehicle, it's easy to go to sleep. So it's like, yeah, it's like a five hour trip. Oh my gosh, it's called the Sleeping Bus Tour.
Speaker 5: I'm actually going to start on in Australia.
Speaker 2: It's just you and your van.
Speaker 5: If anyone would like to be incorporated in my beta face launch, please just bee.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, right now I only even have.
Speaker 5: One seat, so it's got an intimate sleep.
Speaker 4: Oh do we have one single guinea pig to join the show? To join and shows.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So there's like an Instagram account. The public transport system in Hong Kong is called the MTR. There's an Instagram account called MTR Sleepers, which like shows the ways that residents of Hong Kong nap on the subway and that kind of like, yeah, provided this the motion of the bus resembles a mother swaying to Rocky to sleep, and yeah, it's super cute. I thought that was really cute. One in other transport news a woman. Let me find the exact details of this one. You know in the UK, how when your train comes in, people will be like, please mind the gap between the train and the platform, you know that like mind the gap thing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So there is a forty year old recording of a particular man that would that did the mind the gap warning, And I think, I don't know. For some reason, it was only played at one particular station, and the widow of that person of the voice actor would keep going to the station to hear his voice, like to hear his voice say the mind the gap, think, because the recording stayed there after he died.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: Isn't it.
Speaker 4: Like it's so it like pokes my heart so vulnerability and stuff like that just makes me want to die, but also makes my heart so full. So only Embankment station was using this recording. And then one day she turned up in November and it wasn't there, and so someone gave her a copy of the recording and I don't know how she got onto the transport bosses, But after it was removed because I'm just like old, they put it back on for her.
Speaker 2: So it's still there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's so cute.
Speaker 2: That's so cute.
Speaker 3: I am going to record.
Speaker 5: Poop in various accents, so if anything ever happens to me, you can just remember, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, So that on CZA, I can use your voice to do the introductory poop of every episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can tend my poop variations to like a big box for your wrap.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it. It's like so deep.
Speaker 4: Humanity, kindness, random act of kindness.
Speaker 2: This one is crazy.
Speaker 4: A thirty seven year old Chinese man was abducted when he was four and on Tuesday, Actually when was this article? Maybe not like this Tuesday, but on Tuesday in relation to the day the article that I readly came out. He found his biological mother thirty three years later, from drawing a map of his home village strictly from memory. What so he put the picture up and I think he put it on TikTok and like people who are from the town or know the town recognized him, describing the town to explain which town it was, and then he reunited with his parents. He doesn't even know what his birth name was. But thirty three years after he was abducted from the Yunnan province in southwest China because.
Speaker 3: He is so cool.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 4: So he was only four, but you can go online and find the drawings of the maps of his village that he drew that he could remember from his four year old memory. And there's like literally like mountains and then there's like a shop and the street and other people on the internet figured it out and then they did DNA tests and figured out that it was actually him. He remembered like the rice paddies and the ponds.
Speaker 2: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's so amazing. That is so cool over there?
Speaker 2: Chai waits would it be ways?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wait said for Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Yes, have you seen the sidways for Sydney?
Speaker 3: No ah?
Speaker 4: Ah cute, Okay, you might have seen this one on TikTok since you're.
Speaker 2: Such a voracious TikToker.
Speaker 4: I am a young man who has a stammer and sinophobia, which is a fear of dogs. And there's all these videos collated of him working on his stammer and his fear of dogs by asking strangers if he can pat them, and it's just so heartwarming watching all the videos of him, Like he'll record himself as well to help him get more confident.
Speaker 2: And get used to it.
Speaker 4: And so he'll just go up to random strangers and work on his stammer to first approach a stranger and then be able to articulate the sentence by saying, can I please pat your dog?
Speaker 2: And then he's like so scared of the dog.
Speaker 4: You see his hand like go like you know, coming so close, and then he pulls it away and then starting again and like he's trying to get through his fear, and it's the sweetest thing.
Speaker 2: The videos are so cute.
Speaker 5: There is a girl who is an old woman sorry, who is very similar to this person, and she's got the same thing.
Speaker 3: She's from the UK.
Speaker 5: She's got a stamner and how she's trying to overcome it. She actually has an eyelash business. So to what she's done for one of hers is that she has made a challenge for herself to speak to more people by giving out free eyelashes on the street.
Speaker 3: So she comes up to random people to have a courage to say, Hi.
Speaker 5: I have an eyelash business and I want to give you free eyelashes, and it takes her a good amount of time. But it's also just heart warming to see that people still stop and will wait and be patient.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 5: Sometimes when people are supportive or say supportive things, you know, like oh, no, you're doing really well or something, you can see how her stamach changes and she's able to speak a bit more freely. So yeah, it's a very similar thing. But it's so nice that I think TikTok. I love TikTok because I just love it. There's just not that much negativity depending on what your feed looks like. But also I feel like I've learned a lot about how others differ from me and how they live and how we can respect them.
Speaker 3: So such a similar thing.
Speaker 4: So cute, Oh bim, as you would say, it's edumacational.
Speaker 5: It's edumacational education plus plus malways plus plus.
Speaker 4: Malwey seedways foodoo Okay, two beautiful ones. In the area of science, I've been really inspired by the fulomen in Science program and finding out more about Like I used to read New Scientists just because I thought it was so interesting the things that people are coming up with at any one time to kind of solve the world's problems, and two amazing things have come out. One is by a nine year old. A nine year old boy has created an app to help his autistic brother communicate, which I think will be quite game changing for people with autism or families of people with autism to help them communicate better. And the other one in a similar vein but for a different condition, is u Cow researchers created a glove that translates sign language into speech in real time.
Speaker 3: That is very cool.
Speaker 2: I want to be a scientist.
Speaker 3: I want to learn sign language.
Speaker 2: I thought you already knew it was LAN. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did up to level two, and I realized unless you practice it regularly, it's like a language, like it is a language, but it's like you know.
Speaker 3: How it is.
Speaker 5: Unless they're practicing, you lose it straight away, and even learning it you can. I was able to kind of practice really quickly because I have a patient on the board for a good amount of time and we're able to communicating. She was able to teach me a lot. But unless you need to do it use it again. It's so hard to maintain. It's a language that involves a lot officials in a lot of physy hand movements and stuff as well, and the syntax is different, and yeah, so I would like to relearn it and have it as a language that I'm in fluent in. That's a black bucket list for sure.
Speaker 2: You should do it.
Speaker 4: If it becomes if this glove becomes commercialized and like available to the masses, then you can practice by signing with the glove that will try into speech so we can understand.
Speaker 2: You can practice.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I won't listen to you unless you do it in sign language. There you go, Yes, I hear you, I validate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and we can call it like duo fingers.
Speaker 2: Duo fingo.
Speaker 3: I was avoiding that because it sounds wrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it sounded wrong. Gross. I thought you said, abstinence is.
Speaker 5: Key, kids listening, kids, be smart, be safe.
Speaker 2: Be safe.
Speaker 4: My god, you can get over your social awkwardness by handing out condoms to strangers.
Speaker 2: That can be your way. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's been so many others and usually I struggle to find enough stories, let alone having too many. So I'll kind of spread them out because we'll do another years of Allies for next week now that we're back on a roll. Welcome back everyone.
Speaker 3: But favorite one? Okay is this my favorite one?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: Did you get what I was doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 4: And I'd forgotten his name, so I literally looked up, literally on Google.
Speaker 2: This is how pervasive this amazing person has become.
Speaker 4: I literally looked up train Guy and caught up Francis Bourgeois because I was like, what's his bloody dave?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: You look up train guy on Google and it brings up this particular man slash young man. I don't even know how old he is actually, but this guy has now become Google's synonymous with train guy.
Speaker 2: So Francis Bourgeois is.
Speaker 4: Maybe the most amazing thing to come out of the Internet over the last couple of months. He's a very intense train enthusiast who's particularly yay for trains. Has made him like, this is what I love about the way that social media. Of course it has a downsides, but it has totally democratized influence and allowed exposure for what he might have been teased about this. You know, it seems weird outside of inner, face to face context, but the Internet has allowed people's absolute passion for something to become celebrated and enjoyed. So he loves trains, and I mean like he knows all the different models and kinds and like the special ones that come through stations only once a year, and so he trained spots. He goes to his British, He goes to different train stations and waits for particular trains so he can see them and if they honk back at him.
Speaker 2: Like they all get really excited.
Speaker 4: But he films a lot of his videos with a three sixty camera on his head, so his face is so distorted, like like one of those crazy filters, but like it's a down It's like down light times chin times a million.
Speaker 3: This is I think. He looks like what's his name from ice age?
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh my gosh, it's like the fish eye lens of a go through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what's the animal is? What's his name? The sloth?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sid?
Speaker 3: Sid?
Speaker 5: He looks like Sid with the big eyes and like because because it's just it's just the wrong angle and it's like somewhat fishy some whatnot.
Speaker 3: But it is funny. I sent that you to you the other day and you're like, I've already's gonna shot that. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I love him so much like he literally he's the most happy person. Like you cannot watch someone losing their bananas over something that makes them happy without feeling happy in your heart.
Speaker 2: So his video is just watching him get.
Speaker 4: So excited, and he just seems like the most genuine person, like he's so wholesome.
Speaker 2: He just oh, he just loves it so much. And he'll literally a train will come and be like here she comes. Like he just gets so excited.
Speaker 5: He is like he's like ceiling and he's running, and then the GoPro is bumping, like bopping up and down, and so his nose is like big and small, big and small.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 5: Like Joe Jonas was on his last one, he's not like he I think isn't like wood by celebrities and things like that, and I don't think he even realizes he's so loved by the world. But when he introduced Joe Jonas, he's like, I've got a friend here and he's come all the way from America and there, and he's like yelling at these trains and Joe Jones is just standing in the background like clapping or something because it's just so excitable. Then I'm so glad that you pronounced the name because I was about to say Francis Borgoys and I don't think.
Speaker 3: That is right.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the French. The French bourgeois means something in French. It's like an actual word, which means it.
Speaker 2: Means like middle class. I think you should say boys.
Speaker 3: Phoebe buffet is to say, you can't butcher the French.
Speaker 2: Language, so it's like a middle class.
Speaker 4: So there's a Madonna song where one of the lyrics is bourgeois, and like, obviously all of us were sinking it when we were seven, not knowing what any X meant ever, not knowing that we were like making a statement about society.
Speaker 2: It's bourgeois.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I did not know that. So that's that's what I was saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he has had I think he's also been hanging out with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Joe Jonas was on his TikTok.
Speaker 4: He's just featured in a Gucci campaign in the ad Amazing, which just goes to show, like, I just love how the you know, the everyman with a passion can make it in the world just by being true to his yay.
Speaker 5: Do you know what though, kudos to him also because he actually posted a video the other day of how he ended up following his passion like that did he while he was in high school, he was bullied, so he then tried to become like everyone else, so it had like shaped head. He was like doing sports sports, sports stuff, like alpha stuff and then having he said something like and then he realized he was feeling a sense of loneliness and then he then reverted back to who he always has been. So he grew his hair out and he wore the clothes and he wanted to because he had a passion. He said he had a passion for trains at the age of four or something and then kind of wind himself out of them and has come back into it. And now he's just like advocate for doing things that he loves and he's like, I'm so much happier and create his community. And now he's just doing it for the love of doing it, not for Cloud and not for TikTok or any other reason. He's just doing it and he's he's look at him, he's just nriving.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I really want to get him on the show. Just putting it out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just don't die my Surtias Francis blog always.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you know how you always say that's so boogie, where come from?
Speaker 5: A cloud?
Speaker 2: Flu flu friends, He won't have any idea with saying if you do, if you know, you know, please, Oh yeah, that's what bougie.
Speaker 4: So bourgeois goes to bougie, so it means middle class, but it also kind of means when you're trying to be a higher class than you are, Hence bougie, like eating avocados on toast instead of paying your mortgage.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, has a mortgage. She bought a house, just saying so.
Speaker 4: Random bougie borgoys, So you're sober borgoys.
Speaker 3: Wrong, you're not fluent even fluid.
Speaker 4: She doesn't even go here, So everyone go and follow Francis. I think it's like Francis underscore Bourgeois Burgoys number something or maybe that's his Instagram, Yeah, forty three, forty three. I'll have to ask him when he comes on the show. Obviously, I'll have to ask him what that's about.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, can we make twenty two? Campaign is to get Francis on the show.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyone knows Francis honestly, does anyone have one degree separation two degrees separation?
Speaker 5: Someone maybe I don't know, if you have the same name, we can start there.
Speaker 4: Anyone is also a Burgoy's family, please let us know. Or maybe someone works in transport. Maybe we could get in that way.
Speaker 5: Yes, anyone on the V line, metro sub merangue line.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we can get there.
Speaker 4: Okay, final section recommendations. But for this inaugural episode, not even an inaugural start episode of the year, I kind of speak for this first episode of twenty twenty two. Today we are asking you, guys for your recommendations. So every other year I think I've done a servier, but then I get too many beautiful answers and I don't go through them properly, which is the feat. I do always go through them properly, but then it takes me too long to go through them all properly, and then I don't implement all of the things you suggest until too many months down the track because I'm slow. But this year I thought we would just ask for your recommendations, because if you feel strongly enough about something, I'm sure it's easier for you guys to to just flick as a DM, I'll send us an email.
Speaker 2: So who do you want to hear from?
Speaker 4: Is there a Francis in your world that you think is someone who brings a lot of AA that we should get on. What do you want to hear about? Do you like the structure of this year's of Our Lives episode? This whole thing was meant to just be for last year, but it's become like one of my favorite things to kind of have a balance of just regular chats with our interviews. But the idea that we were talking about before is based on the wonderful Eddie Jacu and his book The Happiest Man in the World or the Happiest Man on Earth?
Speaker 2: I think it's called is that Happiest Man on Earth?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: His book was one of our recommendations ages and ages ago. It's an absolutely brilliant book. He's a Holocaust survivor and has done this game changing, world changing ted talk on happiness and his perspectives through his lifetime, and he was actually coming on CZDA. I was going to visit him in his age care home in Sydney last year, but then COVID stopped me being able to travel and he's since passed away, which just.
Speaker 2: Is a huge loss to the world.
Speaker 4: But I was also just devastated to not have the chance to actually go and speak with him, to share him with you guys, and to be able to sort of ask him questions about his perspectives on Joy. So what I wanted to do was to still honor him because I'd done all the preparation and read his incredible book and have so many takeaways. Was I thought I could do like a historical episode where we don't get to interview him, but I use one of the interview slots as if I had interviewed him to sort of share his wayta ata and playta And then that sort of led to the idea of, well, there are plenty of people throughout history who have been incredible and have such incredible perspectives on Yay who have passed away so we will never get the chance to interview them, or who are just never going to say yes to the show because you know, I mean, the Queen is busy. So would you like to have a historical guest every couple of weeks or you know, once a quarter or something like that. There are so many people I would love to have the chance to research, but then to have something to actually do that for, rather than just me googling in the middle of the night, someone like Mara Curi or Joan of Arc or people who we've all heard of, but who you know. I feel like a lot of our more famous guests, you've everyone's heard of them, but often you haven't heard their way ta or their childhood or their first job that they had when they're a teenager.
Speaker 2: And that's the same I think with historical guests. So what do you guys think of that? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Bim No, I think it's awesome. I think it'll be a nice change of pace also and also great learning. I feel like I know of many people but don't actually know this story, Like my Angelou. Yeah, but so many love them or no idea really much about her to be completely honest, be complete, transparent.
Speaker 2: Same Mark Curie, Like, what do you know about my Angelou?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 6: In Coach Karter, so I preduction of her whole life story.
Speaker 2: But that's that's why it's even better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people whose names we've all heard, but whose like legacy, we don't know.
Speaker 3: All I can think of when you said, Mary Curius Murray Claire.
Speaker 5: So again, no idea, nothing about her. Yim really, bim honestly, I live under a rock.
Speaker 2: But she's so like so all her research.
Speaker 4: She won a Nobel Prize twice and her work was all in like radioactivity, like if it impacts your life all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I probably know her by face anything for her, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that's the only thing though, Like it's the first name basis or face, so that's like actual Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean if you saw her on the street, you'd be like, hey, maz how are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like Mazzy Mazzy Cousy you know Cousy.
Speaker 2: You didn't know, just call Ma Curing Massy Cusey. Oh my god, I'm going to die.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell her.
Speaker 2: And I was like, hell, hell tell my episode. Wait, okay, everyone vote.
Speaker 4: Now should we structure these episodes where Ange plays the guest and does therefore.
Speaker 2: The whole episode, so we both have to research the guests so you would know what the answers.
Speaker 4: Are and you have to play my Angelou or Mark Curi.
Speaker 2: For can we actually do that for one of them?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: But you have to speak in year oldie French borgoys, borg boy boys.
Speaker 6: Why they're all going to sound the same. You're going to be like French.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, hi, my name is Mary Currie, and you'd be like, no different accent.
Speaker 3: I'll be like hi, do you know? That?
Speaker 4: Be so funny though, if I made you be the guest except that then we could just like get suit for defamation because I feel like it wouldn't come.
Speaker 5: Round, can you imagine? Because it would not be around.
Speaker 4: Thy cousin would not be.
Speaker 5: Says I think it's a great idea because I know very little. But also I was saying, I think I've seen the other day. It would be really awesome to focus on and say like a theme, say one of their quotes, and focus around how their life or how they were continued like that was the philosophy of their life and how they continue to live life in that way. You know, my angela quote is the our greatest theories and that we are inadequate our greatest feories that were powerful beyond measure.
Speaker 3: There's the last part in that that I love the most.
Speaker 5: And it's like if you let your life shine, others a little bit the same, and it's always something I've always loved that quote, and it's She's got heaps of quotes at the same time, though, she's got the one that's like, you know, act in a way that if others spoke about the view that people wouldn't leave it.
Speaker 3: So there's different philosophies in her life.
Speaker 5: It sounds so nice to you know, concentrate on you know, who they are, but also how they lived out their life to fulfill the code of the said or in a way, in that kind of way, So it's still themed in the sense, yeah, to talk about really awesome people in history.
Speaker 4: My favorite quote of hers is my favorite quote ever, which is people will never remember what you said or what you did, They'll always remember how you made them feel. That's my Angelou. We should totally start with my Angelou. No, first Eddie Jacu and then maz Cus. Just because we've said mas cars now we have.
Speaker 2: To make it up to her.
Speaker 5: We're surely get more and more now it's a Mazzi cuzin now it's maz.
Speaker 4: Cus mas No, I'm not going to not even going to try. And also, in terms of recommendations, what else would you like? Do you want more flip books? Do you want the flip books to be cards. Do you want more merch? Do you want more jewelry? We can do more jewelry. We can do more where we can do anything? Like I sort of I love just coming up with random ideas, but I would love if anyone's thinking of something that they really want to bring to life to just let me know.
Speaker 2: Do you want live events? What do you want? Do you want like walk back radio where you can call in.
Speaker 3: I have the best idea, just randomly.
Speaker 5: But if that's thinking they're thinking about proposing this year, can you please somehow offer that custom proposal quote books where it's like secretly one of the quotes in there is like Nazis and they have to flip.
Speaker 4: It, flip it onto that day and when that flip SATs there, like the proposal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought you were going to say something totally different.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say, if anyone in the neighborhood wants to propose, tell us and we'll like rope in some partners in ya like some of our sponsors to do like a big surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what should do?
Speaker 3: That's what I was getting to in my brain.
Speaker 5: Oh, it does not look like that is we should sponsor a proposal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So what we were going to do with thea's of our lives last year? As you guys know, it started off with the Gippsland trips, so the whole thing was meant to be recording in the community, in the neighborhood, hearing about people's thea's of our lives from them in person. Then obviously travel has been heavily restricted, so we kind of did Gippsland and then.
Speaker 2: Didn't do anywhere else.
Speaker 4: We did philip Island and did Freehands which was absolutely incredible, or the free prosthetics that were made by Yeah, the Amazing team. Go back and listen to that episode. But maybe we can bring back in the make My Yay concept where people can do more nominations like we did the healthcare gift pack send out.
Speaker 2: Which absolutely was just so incredible. It's what makes me so happy.
Speaker 4: Imagine if you can submit that you want to make someone's yay and we make it happen.
Speaker 6: Yep, I like it so much.
Speaker 5: I take full credit because I started with saying imagine if you want proposal.
Speaker 2: But like, imagine if we did to see the a proposal.
Speaker 8: Honestly, honestly, anyone that's listening, I am going to announce, as the executive producer afim non executive producer of this show that this is actually happening.
Speaker 3: So if you have any.
Speaker 5: Life events or anything that would would be good for make your yay. And I'd say, unfortunately, we can't do like hundreds of them, but we'll do a few and make them a big deal.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, please send them through.
Speaker 4: We should do them like once every quarter or something where we do like a big thing. Oh my god, we could flash move with other people in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: I hear you. I don't validate you.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I hear. And also the budget is actually one million doll.
Speaker 4: So dong yeah, so we have to pay in Vietnamese dollars, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: So it's eighty dollars.
Speaker 5: So if you will, you're not going to get it.
Speaker 4: Were like, okay, Chris Kringle's limit is fifteen dollars. I'm like, okay, so you're getting a box of tissues, like a small box, not the jumpoe back.
Speaker 3: Let's make.
Speaker 5: We can't thought anything, so just be mean holding up letters because we can't afford helium.
Speaker 2: We wile have made the letters ourselves and come them out of.
Speaker 4: Like Butcher's paper. No problems will make an amazing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm joking too, we'll make it amazing. Sis.
Speaker 5: We I think we both love surprising and event planning for surprises a lot.
Speaker 4: So okay, guys, and then whoever does the cz A proposal? If you want to seize the I'm just saying you can maybe have one with our ground budget of eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, Oh god, you.
Speaker 5: Get a fake Celebriton and my plastic chairs from my parents home.
Speaker 4: No, but they'll be mismatched because you'll have some of my plastic chairs. You have different colors on each side, different heights, But that's fine, you know variety.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting delirious.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should cut myself away now. Yeah, oh my god, yes.
Speaker 2: Anyone please let us know.
Speaker 4: One more thing I wanted to ask is also, do you want for quote of the day? Do you want an email in your inbox every day that gives you that happy quote? Do you want an app that brings it up? You know, on your phone? So that you get reminded if you don't see quote the day on stories or you don't want to listen to me talk about them and you just want the quote for yourself. Do you want you know? More newsletters? I do one like once every now and then because I never know what to put in them. But there's plenty of stuff we could do. So please go to town and what you would like, and that help me decide what I'm going to do this year. Also, and thank you guys for still being here in our this is our fourth year of operating, so opating.
Speaker 2: Just such a privilege. Can you've kept me on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I said I'm cutting myself off. Okay, thanks yepod, I'm getting that.
Speaker 4: You said you don't know Osland. I'm getting all the signs though, cut off.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to start playing that music play when people need to get off the.
Speaker 2: Stage at the Oscars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, end of speech music. I'm going to start cueuing you out soon.
Speaker 4: You need to have all the little sounds that you could. You should control the sounds each episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you should start having a production team. I think people forget that you're still the only one recording, producing, editing publishing at.
Speaker 4: All, well, because otherwise, like I just feel like if you did it, they'd be just fart noises the whole way through in really irrelevant places.
Speaker 5: I actually I was going to say, when you stop filming, I mean recording, la. I did a little fun.
Speaker 4: Did you see my video that I made the other day of like you doing your own soundtrack when we were hiking.
Speaker 2: I watched all the way to the end. It was you going like in the jungle, the Mighty Jungle. I find it on.
Speaker 4: Sarah and she didn't know, Oh is this the walk Off music?
Speaker 3: What aout?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much Brim for joining for our first episode back.
Speaker 2: And thank you guys all for listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, love you lots. Thank you for being the neighborhood. I just want to thank my mom and mama. Now I'm kidding, Okay, okay, bye bye