Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast. Mom and Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello and Welcome to canceled The Lazy Girl's Guide to Bizarre celebrity cancelations. I'm Jesse Stevens and I'm joined by Class Stephens and you changed our tagline. I jigged it up. You're in a period of your life right now where you're like, innovate, change, be better. People might not, as if they're following off on Instagram or TikTok that Jesse is very much leaning in every now and then on the weekend, I do make a few videos and I have had some learnings that I send to you and you ignore. Yeah, So it's very Alleywong when she says, like, you know, you're leaning in. Yeah, I am laying down. But it is very very that. So I say, great, yeah, And it's hard because leave me five stars, leave you too. Yeah, you know, but that rounds up to five. Today we are talking about the one the only Northwest. Someone is late. I'm hiding in the guest room, you guys. I'm hiding in the guest room because my kids will not leave me a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey, y me. If they're annoying me, I'll just be like, y'll get out my room.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do this for real.
Speaker 2: Oh, I already do a lot of stuff that I want to be when I grow up. I just want to pursue my careers now.
Speaker 1: And as much as I say, I have been lying down from my lying down position. Jesse pitched this and I said, I don't think we can cancel the child, and Jesse said, that's not really what our podcast does. And I was like, hmm, it's called canceled, But mulgo, you know how I feel about Northwest, and all of the feelings are positive. We both agreed it was fine if all we do is love her, and that's all we will do. I mean, we're going to analyze what the culture has said and not all of its kind. But Northwest on TikTok is one of the greatest gifts to humanity. Every time I watched TikTok by Northwest, I feel like I'm having a panic attack. The litenally Chloe, Me and La La, It's like the camera is moving really really fast. She's mouthing to something. One of her cousins. Often Penelope Disick is in it, or a friend who has famous parents, and you just know she's worn Kim down. She was put on this earth to humble Kim. Tim definitely said no social media, and Northwest has worn her mother down so much that Kim can she pushes them out. She was put here to test her. She was and it's now gotten to the where kins just interviewing, which is the relationship between every mother and daughter? My interview me on your social media. I am literally Kim Kardashian. I want Northwest to be in charge about TikTok's strategy because I think she could do phenomenal things. She has something like nineteen point seven million followers on TikTok. I think she has his mouth. I think she should be president. Okay, so wait, sorry, do you watch her tiktoks? They come into all right? All right, because it's always like, where's Northwest? Oh? There she is? She she pops up, she throws the phone. She's making people do dances that they don't understand. But north is the boss and you will do as she says. Yeah, so who is north? Wikipedia states that she's a singer, which is weird. Because she's not anything. She's eleven. She is the firstborn of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. She's the older sister to Saint Chicago and Palm. You just know she's a great older sister. She's got older sister energy. Oh absolutely, she's like Team Assemble. We're forming a band and were doing a TikTok. One of her closest friends is Maxwell, who is, of course the daughter of Jessica Simpson and NFL player Eric Johnson. Then there's her friend Gracie. Gracie is the sister of Selena Gomez. Then there's her friend Monro, the daughter of Maya Carey and Nick Cannon. You get the idea. How do you know this? I don't want to talk about her gay. She just has celebrity friends, all of the celebrities. She's an extrovert. North was born on June fifteenth, twenty thirteen. Originally, do you know what her name was? Originally no Cadence with a K. Don't remember that, but then they changed it to North, which means highest point. Her name and birth to forget were leaked by TMZ, so I guess she hadn't even done her first Pooh when her privacy was first invaded. As a baby, she was in Kanye West's music video for Only One when she was nearly three. She flushed and I phone down the toilet, containing an early draft of Kanye's album, meaning he had to re record it from scratch. That is such Northwest energy. Why do I feel like the song that was on that album was pooty scoopy poopertty scoop. If you're confused by that, that's a reference to our Kanye West episode. That's actually a song by Kanye poop scoop poop poop poop? Did he woop scoop poop? I think he was trolling someone in it, but it is a real jam, and I think that three year old Northwest heard it and went pooperty scoop. I'm gonna flash that one down the toilet. She may have been genuinely confused. At ten, Northwest featured on Kanye's album He now refers to himself as yay or yay should it's yay, It's yay, Okay, yay, And on this album, Northwest wraps an entire verse. The song is called Talking. It hit the Hot one hundred, making her one of the youngest artists ever to chart. So that's why she's described as a singer. Correct, And is she good? She raps? Is she good? She completes? Ever? Okay, okay, very Northwest energy. I think she also directed the fund clip. Yeah, it makes sense. I can't check that out. The amount of people in show business being directed by Northwest right now, you would not believe. All right, she says she's working on her debut album. It's called Elementary School Dropout, which is a nod to Kanye's first album, College Dropout, College drop Out. And she's gonna do Elementary School Dropout. That's funny. North She is funny and I will listen to that immediately. She's got rhythm, I must say in this verse, the song's actually quite good.
Speaker 2: Is your best, miss missus Westy, don't try.
Speaker 1: To test me. It's good. My structure for today is as follows. Paintings Keeping Kim Humble, her chaotic first solo interview, and that line King performance Ah paintings. When Northwest was seven years old, her mother, Kim Kardashian, shared one of her paintings and expressed how proud she was Okay as a parent, this is something I've learned very very quickly, never do that. Oh wow, because people are waiting to be like, that's your seven year old's painting, look at my seven year old. No, that's not the way the internet reacted. That's not the way the internet reacted. Oh maybe that's just about my because I related to this because Luna was at a crash before Father's Day and they went to make fridge magnets and they gave Luna a little paintbrush, a little thing of pain. They said, paint the magnet. When it was explained back to me, they didn't even pretend she enjoyed it. It's the biggest piece of shit that they've rented our house. Luca and I both clearly want to throw it out. It's a mess. And then when you picked your daughter up from the same crash, they said, look, Matilda made a hat today. Well, well, that's the same baby that ten seconds ago was trying to eat her own foot. She's seven months old. I don't think she. I don't think she made a hat. That hat is I couldn't make that hat. I don't know anyone who could make that hat. You made that hat because you went to university, Matilda doesn't even recognize that hat as an object. Matilda didn't do shit today. Till didn't do shit. She hit another baby on the head. That is not the case with North because at seven Northwest painted this. I have three words. No, she didn't, how so how okay? So what I'm saying is a child holding up a canvas and there's a mountain, and there are trees, and there is water, and there is the reflection of the mountain in the water. She didn't. It's fine. I'm described by this columnist as an early mone Esque pastoral landscape of stored capped mountains, soaring pines, delicate flowers in a slowly meandering river, which draws the viewer's eye deep into the work, posing questions about the passing of time, the futility of human existence, and not put too fine a point on it, whether a child of seven could possibly have done this themselves. Okay. The only way I believe that she did it is if she did one of those paint and activities, but instead of alcohol, she had been and cordial or cordial, and she sat there and maybe she did a few little lines, but the teacher did most of it. Interesting that you have come to that conclusion. Kim Kardashian caption the photo my little artist north I don't know a single adult who can paignler, not single adult The Irish Times. I'd hang that on my wall. Not ironically, No, the looks I I generated. The Irish Times published a think piece in response, right, and that's what I just read. The excerpt from part of its headline was, did Kim Kardashian, seven year old paint this? Have we all just lost our mind? Eleven months into a global pandemic? We're all fraying around the edges. And it just went on to say, I don't believe I don't believe it for a moment. Vulture, the pop culture website, published a think piece titled did Northwest really Paint this? The US edition of The Daily Mail wrote Northwest did not paint this, and Vanity Fair went on with a headline the New Frontier in art criticism. Did Kim Kardashian, seven year old Northwest do the art or not? Could you tell them as a species were bored? Yeah, we had a lot a lot of time. It's just I wouldn't in the middle of a global pandemic, when everyone's just at home hating themselves. I wouldn't post a picture of Northwest with that painting because we've got too much time as a prodigy. I guess the thing is, it's like if Northwest did that, she has, She's been accelerated through school, she's that college. She just I have no doubt Northwest is gifted. Yeah, but that's very good. That painting is insane, So Kim, who's just like, I have an art prodigy on my hands. Like literally, sorry, sorry that her pain is so much better than the shit hat Matilda made crage she posted on Instagram in response to this grown adults breaking down whether or not my child actually painted this? How dare you see children doing awesome things and then try to accuse them of not capital letters being awesome? Don't play with me when it comes to my children or capitals. She went on to explain that her daughter and her best friend have been taking a serious oil painting class. North she added, worked incredibly hard on her painting, which took several weeks to complete. Do I think the teacher did a little bit of cleaning up the teacher's daughter made of TikTok's where we're at as a culture? Okay? Okay. A woman named Cameron Fredrickson explained that her mother, who teaches the serious oil painting classes, starts by teaching all of her students one particular painting, and it is this one that Northwest did. She said, Everyone that comes through her class goes through this exact painting, and so it is a bit of a paint by numbers situation, right, And like she has all the resources in the world, she just doing a lot of painting classes. Yeah. The thing about North is that she did another painting. Ah. Three years later, Kim sheard this painting by her now ten year old. Holy craffer, that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It could be a photo. It's a beach and it's the reflection of the sun on the waves and the sky. Is this pinky, purply beautiful. Oh my North, you are so talented. That is a professional artist's easel. Yeah, right it Yeah. But one comment on Instagram read, I'm not saying she didn't do it. I'm saying I want to see her do it. She's exactly how I feel. Yeah, I want a time lapse. Another one said, Kimberly loves two things lying in photoshop Anyway, I just need to remind these commenters how far financial resources will get you. You got the right paint, you got the world's best teacher, You've got limitless lessons. You're not in the crash with the fridge magnets, you know. But if anybody, if you know anything about kids, it's that you can lead a horse to it. You can all paint by numbers. Okay, well, why is she painting her nose? I agree, And that feels like something you're working through privately about your own child. But what I'll say is that I have tutored private school kids, right, parents paying a fortune for their education, and I'm tutoring them multiple times a week. And I have had a parent stand there and just tell me how incredible their child is writing essays. I'm like, mate, child, ain't incredible at writing essays. You're paying in some way for those essays to be with. Yeah, so I'm incredible at writing essays. Thank you, Thanks for the cash. The cash. One thing that I will bring up, I'm suspicious of Northwest's ability to follow instructions. Yeah, because it's not the Northwest, I'm saying, UNTI, So I mean, yeah, she's on TikTok. So I'm surprised she can put down TikTok for long enough. Yeah, to make this masterpiece. I think because didn't have TikTok. That's why he was so prolific. Yeah. Do I think that maybe she was signed up to the art classes, she got bored. She paid her friend. Yeah, she started a business. I think she paid a teacher and she paid her friend. I have more money in my bank account than you will learn in your entire lifetime. Yeah, I will give you hunter buck, pay me a picture, give to my mum. It'll be funny. She put it on Instagram, ha ha ha, because she's a troll. And then she'd be like, here's an Nda and she's trying to undermine the credibility of Kim Yeah, which is a number one pastime. Yeah, which is why she's genius. Okay, So Northwest of the I ts Yeah, friends, we are doing a live event canceled live at the University of Sydney. You can come and see us in real life at the Alumni Festival the University of Sydney on Saturday, November the thirtieth. The event is free, but you have to register for tickets, so we'll pop a link in our show notes for that is just so lazy girl that we don't expect you to pay. We would never know. Well, we shouldn't say never, because one day we might like to profit, but not now. Today is not that day. I think it's going to be quite a almost an emotional event because you and I both went. The last time we're at Sidney UNI was when we were at Sydney UNI. Yeah, what was when I was graduating. We were studying there. Yeah, we're doing all of our courses in celebrities. Yeah, we studied a degree in pop culture cancelations. We did, and they don't offer that. They don't. It's not offer very good degrees. There are a bunch of other events happening across the day. They're not just putting the festival on for us. Oh they might be. You would we call ourselves headliners. No, because doctor Carl's going to be there. Oh my god. Yeah, yeah, there are some brilliant events on. Go and have a look. It is University of Sydney, November the thirtieth, See you there. Keeping Kim Humble North's mum Kimmy Kay is worth at least one point seven billion between I think are two parents. Yay as well, they're like, well over two billion dollars, right. Kimmy k one of the most famous women in the world, and then she had a daughter, and as we aforementioned, daughters keep you humble. In an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kim said, North can be critical. I had John Galliano fitting me for dress and North was giving notes. This is just her vibe. Imagine you are John Galliano, who is dressed the most stylish famous people in the world, and you've got a nine year old being like, I hate it. I'm not into it. And I've seen that episode. Yeah, she has sass. She's giving quite observations. She takes after a father does. Everyone says good because that's what Kanye is like. He's very bad style. In November of last year, Kim was preparing for the met Gala with a carl Legerfield inspired outfit and she said to North, I respect your opinion, Please just be easy on me today. North replied, I'm not gonna lie. I won't say it at all if you don't want me to. But I am not gonna lie. Thank you. But North doesn't know how to not say it at all. So she said about Kim's outfit, which featured fifty thousand freshwater perls, this is a quote. There's way too many gaps in the pearls, Like she's.
Speaker 2: A Hawaiian girl with her dress old wrest the diamonds on it.
Speaker 1: I like the pearls.
Speaker 2: I just don't like that it looks like from the door.
Speaker 1: She went on to say that the pearls looked fake, and Kim was like, well they're not. And She's like, well they look fake. And someone needs to take Norse to the playground because she's getting antsy. She's spending too much time indoors, and she's spending too much time at mum's work. She is the sheer Pirelli. I don't know how to say that word. Schipperelli, Chipperelli, Chipperelli. Ye creative director Daniel Rosebery was standing there while North was delivering her feedback, and he said, it is like I am being punked the night before the met getting grilled by a nine year old. That's our girl, that's our girl. You know how people complain about their bosses. You'll be at drinks and someone's like, oh, my boss is so annoying. They want me to like, come to work, girl, Yeah, and someone else's like, my boss is annoying. And then and then imagine someone's complaining and you're like, oh, it's Daniel Rosebery. He's having a drink after work. Yeah, and you're like, oh, who's your boss? Nine year old North? And then the teacher pops up, Oh yeah, that's why I'm here too. She made me paint this painting ninety hours. It took me, she took credit. I had to sign an nda. But our girl wasn't done. Because while she's here, she might as well reflect on Kim's past. Metgala looks, which from North's point of view, we're also shit? And am I interested in knowing Northwest take on Kim Kardashian's past. Megala looks absolutely what I've always learned to know. We're at a point of climate catastrophe. What the world needs is to know what Northwest thinks of Kim's past. Metgala looks, Remember the all black ensemble with the face covering I like to call Valaga, Yeah, I like to call it the black condom, a black condom. Yeah, she said, Kim looks like you're getting covered by a plastic bag and you're suffocating and cannot see. She's been known to tell Kim that she needs a pimple patch. Patch, Oh, I need a pimple patch. Once a producer asked North, can your mother cook? And she exclaimed, hell, no, good already heck. Kim also says that whenever they get into a disagreement, North will say, your house is so ugly. It's all white. Who lives like this?
Speaker 2: North?
Speaker 1: You live there? It's your house too. Can you imagine being nine and walking around the house you live in and saying to your mom, your house is so ugly? Mom, why don't we paint the walls? Kim said, she just thinks that like gets to me and it's kind of mean because I like my house. She's mad because apparently Yay lives an apartment. Yeah, and North is more an apartment vibe, and she's mad that she doesn't live in an apartment. I thought Yay lived on the ranch. You do, I think he lives in both. Then was the time Kim was on Instagram saying how much he loves Olivia Rodrigo. She was like, how cute is Olivia Rodrigo? Can't wait for a new album, I love Driver's License. But what she didn't know was it North was working in the background. North pipes up cute as Olivia Rodrigo. You guys, I can't wait for her other And you guys know I love drivers. They so, yes, I do. I listened to it all the time. Then Kim was like, I do, Saint, don't we listen to it in the car? Tell North? North? Stop? Saint back me up here. Saints like, Hi, I'm terrified of North. I will always default to North. I shan't be speaking out of turn. Then Kim was unboxing something for her own beauty brand, so she was working right. But North, as mentioned, always there, always the North pipes up. North. Shouldn't you be at school? Shouldn't you be with your oil painting all the playground? No? Because she pipes up, and she says, why do you Why do I talk different from what form my videos? I'm the same human being. I don't talk different. How do I talk different? She's like the sibling we all have who's like, oh, just when you think you're getting some confidence, I'm gonna take you down a peg, which is what siblings it's really important for ego. Kim replied, why do I talk different from what? And then North said that she puts on a different voice on her Instagram videos. How do I talk guys? Guys? I got this? Is that? What is that? What I say? Is that? What I sound like? Buzzy Kim got defensive, but then North had her cousin who was with her, Penelope, and she was like, doesn't she speak different? And Penelope was like, yeah, you do speak differently. No offense. North is terrifying, utterly a fight. She says, I'm allowed to come back if I don't agree with them. Her first solo interview. In October twenty twenty three, ten year old Northwest did her first ever solo interview. Can you even believe she held off for ten years? I mean for the first three she probably couldn't speak in coherence center. Oh she had stuff to say it eighteen months, but finally she speaks. She spoke to ID magazine and it's all like you might have seen her on TikTok or posing on Instagram with her siblings, but she's never opened up in a solo interview until now. Okay, what does she have to open up about? For example, her divorce? What her show that was axed her children that she shares with her ex partner at the ranch. I do want North gossip, oh, she provided, don't you worry about that? They asked for three words, they said, north just go yourself in three words, she said the best ever. She spoke about her aspirations because just because she's ten doesn't mean she doesn't have aspirations anymore, right, And she said, I want to own skims and I want to own easies like Yazy Easy brand. Sorry, not the products. You want to own the brands, Claire. I know you've been lusting over Northwest style and she says her preferred outfit is vintage T shirts and spider sweats and one of fuck as spider sweats. So I griggled it. It's a straightwear brand. A jumper costs four hundred USD and the pants are four hundred and forty USD, meaning that a matching tracksuit will cost you eight hundred and forty USD aka like twelve hundred dollars dollars. Yeah, that's her vibe. She was then asked who her style icon was, and she said that would be who do you think it is? Who do you think I Star? No? Yeah, it's herself, which I think is inspirational. A lot more people should give that answer. Yeah. Yeah, there are a lot of right around articles, so like articles that covered it, and The Independent wrote, The Young Creative spoke highly of her siblings. She is ten years old wife, calling her a young creative. She is a child, her job is charp and it's like of her siblings, of like her little sister. Yeah, like, who's like sick Jesse. I'm not over her wanting to own skims. You can't have an interview with someone and just say you want to run someone else's company. It's Kim's though she doesn't think Kim's equipped. She's like that business needs a real CEO. And Northwest is marching in. You're too young to wear skims, let alone own skims. You need to go to score. Look. The Young Creative spoke highly of her siblings, adding that the best fashion shows she's attended in Paris, they weren't in New York. They were her little sister's fashion show in her closet. Okay, I believe it. Why is Northwest in Paris on New York? Yeah? I know, I'm like, why do you have those comparisons? To make. Has she been to Milan, I would say so, and that she has sat in the front row as like things have been sent down, Yeah, the runway, and everyone's like, and North is just sitting there her legs crossed, just shaking her head. Dear schools. Dad hat hated North. But she has more aspirations, thank god. She wants to live in Japan, which is very ten year old energy. Ah, like she do well in Japan. She wants to live in Japan. She wants to be a basketball stuff, she wants to make music, and she wants to do art on the side. She said, when I'm like thirteen, I want to walk dogs to make money to buy art supplies because everything around here is so expensive. Your mom is a literal bonnaire. Honey, please elaborate on what you cannot afford. Why do you know that things are expensive? Why do you know what expensive means? What do expensive mean to you? Like she wears very fancy designer clothes, always commenting on and it's like, let's not pretend you're going to have a normal teenage job. You're going to be running skim She also said that she doesn't like painting helicopters because and this is a direct quote, all these little lines. She doesn't have paid. Yes for those lines. That quote made it to print. Then I'd say, how about your other ones? They had some lines in it, your beautiful artworks that were not done by it. But you're not going to get a hot You're not going to get a Northwest helicopter. You're not. You're not. And I want to know what was the question that led to that answer? Do you like drawing helicopters? No, definitely not. I think she was just kind of painting generally as a young creative. I don't love painting helico it is I don't, And I want to know what young saint doesn't love painting more interviews with children. I agree that Lion King performance. In May four, ten year old Northwest performed I just can't Wait to be King as Simba at the Hollywood Bowls Lion King thirtieth Anniversary concert event, and I will say I am glad this didn't happen during COVID. We didn't have quite as much time, No, but we made time. People didn't make time. I didn't realize this was an official Disney production and it included the likes of Billy Eichner and Jeremy Lyon's very established performers. This is a clip from Northwest's performance Lady Kings Enemies Beware just quite a little. The main event, Little King Last Perform.
Speaker 2: I'm writing, I'm not getting down.
Speaker 1: I'm working to discuss. Do I think she has the confidence to be a performer? Absolutely? Do I think she practiced? That is a big question. I think the problem is that with her ambitions. Yeah, I want to be a basketballer. I want to own skims, I want to own yeasymm. Your house is ugly. You can do it all, but you can't do it all at once. No, no, no no. And that's a hard lesson to learn, and it is and I think she's learnt it because you can't get on stage of Simba No and not know your actions. Yeah, okay, Because what you're referring to, and I do think that this is critical, is that the rest of the performance appears to be choreographed and very polished and very very polished. And what doesn't appear to be choreographed is what Northwest is doing in that she's simply strolling, and she's strolling ausually around the stage, and she is what could only be described as vocal risks. She is, we shouldn't be taking vocal risks on performance tonight. I don't think she was going to rehearsals. No, it doesn't appear that there were any rehearsals. And oh no, no, no, sorry, they were rehearsal. She's in the West. Had an interview that day, Yeah, no, I think she was. She had her interview, and then she had her art lesson, and then she was in a board meeting. She was bidding for to buy skims. It was a whole thing. But the tricky thing is I read at the time it's called something casting. There's a term for it, and it's when you never have them no, no, no, like a snaptism. But it's called like something casting, which means you're casting to attract an audience. So that's why you cast a Northwest Okay. Did it work? Absolutely yes? Because why do I know about that? About that performance? Okay? Well, In response to her performance, the hashtag Nepo baby started trending, and her voice was roundly criticized for not being up to the same standard as the rest of the cast. Commentators said people had to pay to watch this performance. And there are plenty of ten year olds much more talented. Singer and screenwriter Nick Atkinson said, any performer or parent of a young performer who has spent years training and acting, dance and singing is allowed to be really deeply offended by this casting choice. And actor and former talk show host Rosy O'Donnell described the performance as tragic on every level. Ah, it turns out that Northwest was actually a special guest that night alongside another special guest. Huh, and that was Jennifer Hudson. Okay and pause, Okay, you're Jennifer Hudson. Jennifer Hudson is the youngest female recipient ever of all all for major American entertainment awards Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony All in twenty twenty two. And you're a special guest. She also made it from nothing, Yes, like she did, build a career. She did, And then she gets asked, can you be a special? I will absolutely besued's one others? Is it lyn Manuel, Lynn Manuel Miranda? Yeah it is not Lyn Manuel Miranda. Who is it? Well? It is Northwest. Have you seen her painting? Very talented little girl. You might have heard her rapping oh, on what song? Her Dad's that? Okay, her Dad's album. There were unsubstantiated rumors that Kim Kardashian paid a lot of money for North to secure that role. There's no evidence of that, and a lot of headlines asked, is Kim Kardashian to blame? To which I would like to point out that Northwest has doss parents. She does, Thank you, she does. And that was all very Kanye. I think that was all Kanye. Yes. But the other thing is you're also underestimating North because she is gonna get what she wants. Yeah. Yeah, I think she held her mother hostage and she said, I'm gonna be simper, And Kim said, the thing about that is you gotta work hard. Mummy works hard. Yeah, get your ass up and work. It seems like nobody wants to work these days. Mummy. It's mummy's brand is that she works hard. You can say lots of things about mummy, but mummy works hard. Yeah, and grandma works hard. And North said, I don't want to work hard. I just want to be Simba. In North's defense, can you think of a more fitting person to perform I just can't wait to be king? Is she the closest thing to American royalty. Yes or no. Yes, that's what the song is all about. I know it was written for her. How about the outfit? Okay, also lackluster? Lackluster. So I think I think she missed a fitting. I think she dressed herself. I think she was like, this is what I'm gonna wear because she's wearing kind of yellow fluffy slippers and like a yellow hoodie and everyone else is in mad theater design and Northwest is like, what you might not know about me is that my style icon is myself, and myself likes hoodies, and that's the problem. The other thing about this simper performance is I think maybe it would be fair to say, does she have the talent? No? Does she have the experience absolutely not. Will she bring the energy? Yeah? Probably, I don't know. I don't think. I think I think she brought the energy. I've seen more from Northwest in a TikTok video than I saw on that stage. I think she got nervous. I think she did. I think she started and then she got tired. She went, who this is way harder than it looks. I think that's what happened, and she was like, I need a nap now that you mention it, I am a kid. I need a snack and a nap. Claire. It is time for charges and sentences. My charge for you Northwest is rushing. Ah. You know at school, how there's a kid that's always rushing the wants to get in the work. Yeah, so their artwork, they're like, I'm finished and they throw it at the teacher. Your glue hasn't dried. Yeah, my exam, I'm ready to hand it in. Well, there's two sides, mate, and you've missed the fourteen questions on the other side and you've not passed. And that's why we need to take a breath. Yeah. Or it's like class everybody can everybody go to the other side of the classroom running in the classroom with scissors. Yes, it's dangerous and it's also very school finishes at three point thirty. It's three twenty one. Just packed her back to the Yeah. Yeah, and she's out of there and she's just like, I can't tell you how boring it. It's seat about Seat North is a rushier, And by a russier, I mean she wants to start her careers. She wants to be a professional basketballer. Same she wants to be a musical theater protege and an artist and a designer and a singer. Does she want to be a musical theater prodigy? I don't think she think she did for a minute, Yeah, I think maybe that dream has come and gone. The thing is, I also wanted to be all of those things, but I grew up with enormous privilege. And do you know what that privilege was, Claire anonymity not having the means? Yeah, yeah, thank fuck, we didn't have the means. I charge her with rushing and having the means to pursue her dreams, which no ten year old should be able to pursue their dreams. The reason there's a struggle is because entry North there's got to be a barrier, and because mostly you should quit. Yea, yeah, it should get a bit hard, and then you quit, and then you never SINBA because you shouldn't be in the musical with Jennifer Hadson, and you shouldn't be in the top one hundred with Taylor Swift. You shouldn't know yet you can be one day, but huff, do you finished primary school? Okay? Have your primary school graduation? Sing? A song, shed some tears, and then maybe pursue something. When you'll say thirteen, you do have to wait till you're thirteen. My sentence was so easy. It came to me quickly. So you might not know that North dabbles in TikTok lives and they have caused some issues because she'll be on with Kim and she'll start spilling tea and Kim says, North, I'll turn it off. So one of them was they were recently doing a TikTok live and she just started openly talking about her dyslexia and Kim was like, North, I don't talk about about that stuff because I don't know if you're ready to talk about it. And she's like, I'm just lexing. She is an icond, She's an icon.
Speaker 2: Guys, elex yes, do you even know what is? Should I drop an album? Nor I'm going to live right now?
Speaker 1: Because you just are really saying me too much. I love you, but I purposely I will talk about stuff I know that you're going through. And Kim was threatening her, and I was like, this is the danger. There is simply not a more dangerous thing happening in the world right now than northwesterning live on TikTok. I can't emphasize I don't know she's going to start international goldge. She is because she's going to say something yeah, wrong, that she should not be able to say. But her access to TikTok live means that what she can do is paint the oil painting in real time and I can watch it. Okay. You know how recently Ned Brockman did his record. He was running his laps and it was all live on TikTok. I could go check how Ned's going. I want to be able to check how North's going. Okay, I can see it. It's like she paints for three minutes. She gets bored every time you go back and check for the next nine days. She's not on the left. See the back of the teacher's like dressed is not and he's like that's not some persons too tall. It's Kim sitting there doing the painting being whipped by North. Do it faster month. North, we're live, and you don't understand the idea of live. Yeah, So that's what I need to see because if I'm going to go head to head with the haters for you, North, which I do I need evidence. I need to be able to point. I need to be able to link to the TikTok live and go there's her landscape or you know, even if it's not, it's like, okay, so she can't paint, but she can. She's good at managing, yes, yeah, a painting for her. Yeah, she's good at whipping others. And then it's like she gets the art teacher to paint it, and then she gets Kim to promote it, like she's got her publicity plan, Like she's good, she's great at strat Yeah, yeah, okay, my charge being my everything and being the most entertaining. There is something about eleven year old girls where adolescence hasn't quite hit them yet. Yeah, so there's not those trace of self loathing and they're just so you go, girl, but about themselves. So you know what, a baby discovers themselves in the mirror and they're like fuck, and they look at their own belly and that that is stormorn and I'm like, you look perfectly round, so pregnant. Yeah, but they are just like that the most beautiful the exclaiming of like that's the most beautiful thing I ever seen in the mirror. Northwest still has that energy. I really hope it never goes away but never ever gets taken from her because she is actually never has another style like on what were the three words she used to describe herself, I'm the best or something. Yeah. I hope that that really stays with her because she is the goat. Now my sentence, This is really easy and I've actually never been more serious. Sentence show. Yeah, we've had keeping up with the Kardashians. We've had Chloe and Courtney take various cities. There was a cocktails Cocktails with Chloe. Yep. We've even had Robin China. Oh that tanked, all right, So what we need we need Northwest show. I think it will outperform all of them. First episode absolutely, And what she's doing, oh okay. All I want to know is eleven year old gossip. Who's your group of friends? Who are they fight it? Who do we hate? Who hate? What's going on in school? Show me your desk, show me your locker, yeah, take me to your room, tell me secrets, tell me ghost stories. Yes. And I think I think the thing about north is she's fun. She is so much fun and watching her trying to wrangle a TikTok chance and having like kind of a piece of camera where a kid's going, I don't really want to do this dance and she's like, you can do it. You could know, and then North behind her being like say it mal that it Penelope, do it you coward like that? I'm into that. Yeah. The other thing that she will provide us with so obviously that's friendships, and then there's also family gossip. She will be the undoing of this entire Yes, she has access to gossip, which is this is a nuclear codes. Northwest is the nuclear code she has. She's the red button. You want to know what happened with Chloe and Lama. I know you want to know what happened with Courtney and Scott. I can tell you. I think she has deep intel into the OJ case, like through all the generations her grandfather. You want to know about Pete Davidson and Mum, I tell you, I'll tell you. I've got her phone here? Why why? Fine? So I just think that that is the television show that is just waiting to be made, and I think it's what she wants, is what I want. She will rehabilitate the Kardashian Empire, not that it needs rehabilitation, but I love her. Need to Claire before we go, we need a lazy girl story. Alright, yeah, I have a really good an. Okay, this is from Joe. I just got a robot vacuum cleaneth my birthday. Best invention ever. Okay, firstly, may I say robot vacuums. I don't have one yet. We gave one away to lazy girls. It's part of our lazy Girl giveaways. Best lazy girl. Her name is Raquel. Oh yeah, and she also mops. I gave her a test try, and after two minutes of mopping, she was at nineteen percent, which is just below the optimum lazy girl level of everything. And she went back to the charging stage to take a little nap. Don't she got a lazy go vacuum back. Don't we all want to take a nap when we hit nineteen percent? I feel that Raquel is setting the bar low from the first day at a new job and establishing her boundaries in this place of work. Lazy girl princes. I also don't mop when I'm tied, so I think we understand each other. She's also included a screenshot of Raquel and it says battery low charging every time. That is my new work response, Jesse, can you come into this meeting. I'm on nineteen per now I'm charging. What you just got here? Yeah, battery's low? Yep, Iron, it's the charger. I need to be upgraded. Can somebody fix my charger? Please? Oh? I love that so much. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode of Canceled. And if you want something else to listen to, Muma MIA's pop culture podcast, The Spill covers celebrity news daily north comes up all the time, as well as TV and movie recommendations and reviews. They recently did an episode about the comfort TV shows you need to watch immediately. We'll put a link to that in the description for this episode. The producer of Canceled is Kimberly Bradish, with audio production by Leah Porges. We will be back next week. Bye bye,