Speaker 1: From MoMA Mia.
Speaker 2: Welcome to The Spill, your daily pop culture fixed. I'm Lowa Brodnick and I'm Tina Burth. And if you said a giddiness to at least the top part of the pond is because we haven't seen each other in eleven days.
Speaker 1: Wow, almost our longest break ever. I know, you know we had a full month earlier this day. So we had a crossover where you went away and I went away. Yeah, this is what the people want to hear.
Speaker 2: But yes, yes, I had been away for away last week off the spill for real to be back.
Speaker 1: Every time I saw something.
Speaker 2: Pop up, I was like, oh, I want to be on the pod, but I was living my Hannah Montana life.
Speaker 1: We're here, I'm you.
Speaker 2: Know, a celebrity podcast, so who only goes to events and drinks champagne and interview celebrities and my other life in suburban Queensland. I am in full time Auntie, Yes, which is what I was doing last week.
Speaker 1: But thrill to be back.
Speaker 2: Lots to say so coming up on the show today, we are going to be discussing the disturbing pros Hilton video that was released a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: The incident, what followed, the coverage, and just a bit about for people who are not even aware of who pros Hilton is just the way he has kind of like shaped culture for better or for worse, mostly for worse, as he.
Speaker 2: Has admitted to yes over the years. But it has become this huge kind of cultural conversation about how we treat someone going through such a kind of public incident as he has. So we're going to get into that, plus in a less important but we know you guys want to hear about this the Martha Stuart verse Megan Markle feud, which isn't even a feud, but I'll get into how this is blown up to look like a feud and how this happens to Martha all the time with other famous celebrities who have cooking shows i e. Or cooking you know ventures, i e. Blakel Lively and Gwyn with Paltrow, even Garten to Twine. Yay, no bad, that's real beef. That's not that's not made up beef. That's a real fight. But first, you have some some sexy news for us. I hope I need to hear some sexy news. I have some sexy news at we should make it a segment. It's like Tina Sexy Teena's Sexy News. Sexy Corner sounds even better. That sounds actually, I don't like that at all. I take it back, Iris. That sounds like we might get a call from HR about what we've done to the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something bad anyway. Heated Rivalry Season two we have a huge announcement that came over the weekend. So they have officially started production in Canada. Connis Story and Hudson Williams have been pictured back on set. We've got more details. We know that Francois Oh No, we'll be back as Scott and so we'll cap. So we know that we know our four divas are going to be back. And for those who've forgotten or who never knew he did, Rivalry huge deal sensation and based on Rachel Reid's series of novels, and each novel kind of focuses on a different couple, sort of like the Off Campus book series, like the Bridgeton book series, but Heated Rivalry season one chose to focus on the second book, which was Ilia Rosanov and Shane Hollander, and that worked out super well.
Speaker 2: And that worked out real well, and that was the reason that Kip and Scott were so involved and got so much screen time and kind of got their own episode and had that amazing moment in episode five. I have the greatest episodes of television busiest scene of twenty five five, Yeah, buzziest in twenty twenty five, but also wanted to just the best standalone episodes of TV for at least the last ten years. I feel very safe saying that I support that. Yeah, I watch it all the time. I wanted to feel alive.
Speaker 1: So that's why they got such a big part in that season is their book was the first book, and then Elier and Shane with a second book. But what we already know is that season two of the show is still going to keep Ilier and Shane as the main characters. So often with these shows like an off Campus or a Bridgeton, or like where there's a standalone, interconnected book series, each season we'll focus on a new kind of lead couple. But Jacob Teerney, the creator of the TV series, has said that we're going to keep the focus on Ilia and Shane. Thank God.
Speaker 2: I think that's because the show was so good about their relationship, and it didn't feel like it felt different to Off Campus, where like the central relationship and that felt like it had a really strong beginning, middle, and end, and then you're so ready to kind of move on to focusing on a new couple while keeping that other couple.
Speaker 1: In the background.
Speaker 2: Ye, whereas with Shane and Ilia, it ended on such a kind of moment of like, oh my god, I just need to know where this couple is going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Shane and Ilia are still like really prominent characters in all the other books. They still like their storyline does continue just alongside all of these other couples, but instead they'll still be our front and center duo, and we're going to meet some new people along the way. Yes. So the second season is going to focus on two books, The Long Game and role Model. So over the weekend it was announced that the two characters from role Model have been cast. They're joining the show. So Justice Smith and Charlie Gillespie have been cast in season two and they are playing Harris Drover and Troy Barrett, respectively. So that's the couple from role Model, Justice Smith. People might recognize from Dungeons and Dragons, Jurassic world. I saw the TV glow and Charlie has been in Julie and the Phantoms. Did you watch that? No? But yeah, it was like this Netflix series that just popped absolutely off. And he's also got a really funny role in One Night Only, which comes out this week. Yes, in Callum Turner's movie. So they're both. It's kind of more prominent than the guys were in season one. Yes, and obviously they're gonna they're gonna blow up now in a completely different way, in a completely in a completely different way. So in the book, just quickly, it is about Troy Barrett, who is a very closeted hockey player and he's on Ilia Rosanov's team. But by the time we get to their book, this thing has happened, where like Ilia has moved to a shitty team in Ottawa just so he can be closer to Shane. We don't know how it's going to play, if it's going to be the same, hopefully be closer to Shane. I have books. Yeah, I'm waiting for the show. Yeah, and we don't know if that's going to happen or not, you know, like we'll see. But the point is Troy is like an Illi a teammate, and Troy ends up on this shitty team as well because of an incident with his own team. And he's a deeply closeted player who's kind of like his image is in need of a rehab, even though his image is in need of a rehab because he calls out another player for sexual assault and somehow he's the one in trouble anyway. Yeah, something to think about, some NHL something to think about. But so you're gonna love this so much. Troy ends up on the Ottawa team. His fame needs to be rebuilt, his identity all of so enter Harris, who is like a beautiful football of sunshine and love and he's the social media manager. Oh I do love that. I love that a lot. Yeah, I knew you'd love that. And you know, the creators have said, like Rachel Reid gave us two beautifully layered characters in Harris and Troy, who you can't help but root for. And they said, from the start of the casting process, we knew we were looking for actors who could create something truly special and bring that same depth and heart to the screen. So they said, they immediately connected and they had the core of these characters.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, what are people thinking about this casting? Because what I know about the heated rivalry fandom, I'm sure everyone was very chill about this, very calm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they didn't say anything. They were like, well, wait till the show comes out. No, I would say a lot of fans were very excited. Obviously, there was like an overwhelming like thrill and people Charlie's very active on TikTok, which I think is obviously. The difference this time around is the show is so huge already and so the influx on these actors counts and everything has been really huge, whereas last time it was like, yes, there was the built in BookTok fan base, but the rest of the world wasn't watching, and now everyone is, so there's been a lot of excitement. Charlie's definitely gotten more of the positive side of the fandom reaction, and then Justice has not. Unfortunately, one of the reasons that people are upset is that they think the character of Harris should have been played by a plus size actor or a bigger actor, because in the book the character is described in a few different terms, but those are stocky, soft broad and in one part a little pudgy, and he's a character who's sort of as the social media manager. I think there's like a scene where he's like comparing himself to you know, all the men around him and everything like that, and like physically and beautifully doesn't think he's as amazing as them. But it's not a case of him being like super insecure about his weight or that being a huge thing. It's more just that he's described in these terms. So a lot of fans wanted to see a plus size actor in the role, and Justin Smith is not a plus size actor. There's been a lot of vitriol directed his way about the fact that he was cast. Oh, I hate that, and I do hate that. I think you can be upset about some like a representation that you wanted to see and that you feel like you were hopeful to see on your screen and you didn't get. You can be upset about that, But I don't think he deserves to bear the brunt of the criticism. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I think attacking the actor is never the way to go unless they're like it's a huge kind of like a movie star and they've taken on a role that they shouldn't have played because it's you know, like inappropriately, yeah, inappropriate or something like that, and then like they're really in control of the situation.
Speaker 1: You can kind of hold them to account.
Speaker 2: But I think an actor taking a job on like a hip show and it just being different to the book is on them, it's on the show creators. That does really make me sad, though, because that would have been such a groundbreaking, like it shouldn't be ground ranking, but it would have been iconic moment. It would have been this incredible representation and so important for like one of the biggest shows in the world to have sized inclusivity as part of the show. When we're seeing that disappearing from not that it was ever really there, but there was like a thought that we were moving towards a little bit, and now like it's just completely vanished from TV shows, movies, magazines, mostly catwalks. Magazine covers every kind of representation you can think of. Yeah, and I just thought that would have been really lovely and also just like that seems like a really important plot point from the book about how their relationship develops and how that character thinks.
Speaker 1: Well, even the fans are divided though on that front, right, So, I think I completely agree with you. It would be great to see a bigger body on screen playing a sexy character, a character who's romantically involved and more importantly than just like representation, also representation without it being the sole focus exactly. It's not just the only insecure Like he has insecurities in the book. He has confidence issues in the book, and even like fans of the book are arguing in comment sections at the moment about whether or not he's insecure about his body, with a lot saying no, he's not. His weight's never a concern for him. Yeah, And that would have been a great thing to see on screen, you know, a bigger body in sexy scenes.
Speaker 2: Without it being like, oh but I'm insecure, without it being like this kind of this whole like I'm making overcame, I'm making.
Speaker 1: A state man. Like that's all I want to see is just all different bodies, ages, like every different spectrum on screen at like it not always being yeah, the central point of the story. One of my favorite comments that I saw was someone who said, as a pudge, I'm sad he's not a pudg. Yeah, It's like and I feel that I get it. Rachel Reid has put up a statement basically saying, thinking about all the people last summer who told me casting for Ilier and Shame was wrong and bad, with like a photo of herself kind of side eyeing. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: There was so much backlash from like people who read the books about those characters not being right and people like this is never going to work, It's not going to translate to TV. And then it became this kind of like cultural movement across the world, this TV show. Yeah, were so wrapped up in it. Yeah, and they became superstars. Yeah, And like again, you can be disappointed. You wanted to see, you know, an actor who was in a bigger body. Hopefully that's something we get to see down the line. In Heeded Rivalry, It's totally fair to criticize the casting, just criticize the actor.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, yes, same. I think he is very excited and should do an amazing job. And he did share a statement about how moved hears by the support from the fans to have welcomed him, and this is why I feel for him. Like already he's had to put out a statement that addresses the backlash and it's like it just was announced. It feels a bit like how Francois has had to constantly deal with a lot of hate from the heated rivalry fans. But he said thank you to the fans who already feel a responsibility to protect me. I am honored to play a character you all care about deeply, and I promise I will take good care of him if you give me the chance. Oh okay, let's give that poor boy. Let's give Justice a chance.
Speaker 2: He's an excellent actor and I am very excited to see the new season. So quite a disturbing news story has been doing the rounds the last couple of days. And it all started when Perez Hilton, who is a really well known ies some media personality blogger, has been around.
Speaker 1: Since two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: I think I think he launched his site Perez Hilton like officially in two thousand and five. It was posting in two thousand and four. And if you are on the Internet back in those days and the fledgling Internet taboid days, interested in like celebrity gossip or news, even in like the smallest then pros, Hilton was a big part of your day, checking it, reading the stories, looking at the photos horrendous as some of them were, and then he went on to become a celebrity in his own right off the back.
Speaker 1: Of that, and especially because it was at a point where, yes, you could get you know, a lot of magazines were talking about the same topics or publishing similar pictures, But it was the speed of proz Hilton that I think made it take off so much, because not to get to a magazine verst digital, but I do think a lot of magazines were still resisting their online presence. Oh and so he swooped in and took over in a way what those websites could have been for a period of time. And it's so crazy because we were teenagers at the time, so I'm not sure what your prose Hilton thing was like, but I'm like, you could just go into like our family computer in the living room and like log onto prose Hilton and just see all this even crazy things that magazines wouldn't print about celebrities with like gossip, and then they would like fire back at him, and it was a whole kind of It was a real moment in the digital age, and like it really went on to shape how online out that lets and tabloids like spoke about celebrities and how like hunting them became a bit of a sport, and like how we talked about them and who could have the most scandalous thing to say? And yeah, I never really read it because I didn't have that much access to the family computer at the time. That she that's so good parenting. But I do remember the discourse surrounding it more so than anything like and as I became more of a teenagers, he got more and more and more controversial. That's when I started to know more about it. Oh, absolutely story. And he's still been in the mix so much. I mean obviously, like the like internet and online culture has changed so much. There's so many different kind of outlets that he's been diluted. So I don't think he had like, especially in the last years, prose Hilton has the kind of power than he used to have. But he's still especially everywhere, especially on TikTok and platforms like that, which is almost more immediate than his blog was. Was still covering a lot of celebrity news, celebrity beefs, all that sort of stuff. Yeah, I mean getting in celebrity beefs. So last week a very disturbing video was posted to prose Hilton's TikTok account where and I'm going to get into the video too much because I don't think we need to sort of get into the details of it. It wasn't really upsetting.
Speaker 2: Also, the hard thing about it was that when TikTok was commented that it was this live stream was happening there were Their official statement was there were a few glitches with the team, like trying to get it down, getting it taken down. But the thing is with anything on the internet, like even though they took it down and they took down pres Hilton's account, obviously people recorded it and cut it up into snippets and post it everywhere. And so that means that so many people I know have just been like doing the good old TikTok Instagram scroll looking at you know, cooking videos and stuff, and all of a sudden, this pres Hilton video pops up, and so you kind of can't hide from it.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people unwillingly obviously had this content served up to them. At the moment that I saw his name treading on Twitter, and like red what it had happened. I just didn't look at social media if the rest of the day because I was like, I don't I know it's.
Speaker 2: Going to come up, and I don't want to. Yeah, you don't want to see it. So in the video it's prose Hilton seemingly covered in blood and exhibiting signs of distress, holding a sharp object. Very disturbing. As soon as they saw that, people started calling. So he lives in Miami, he has relocated. He used to live in La He relocated there with his three children to be closer to family, and apparently this is up on his website. His family put up a statement saying just before the live stream incident happened, Perez's three children, his niece, and his sister wall in the home and it became What the family wrote was when it became clear that Pees was experiencing a severe mental health crisis and harming himself, they immediately fled to protect the children from witnessing any further trauma. After that, the Miami Sheriff's Office was contacted and they have confirmed that they received multiple calls regarding the live streaming acts of sealth harm, sent people over and he's been taken into hospital care and a facility where his family put out a statement saying that he's going to require surgery. They also are really clear he has communicating because I think a few outlets were sort of saying like they had spoken to him.
Speaker 1: They haven't.
Speaker 2: They said the children are in care. They've asked people to stop camping outside of his house trying to get photos of his children, and it's become this medius media friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So they said that any statements being given to the media are not true, and they asked for privacy, particularly for his children. So as part of their statement, they said, there is absolutely no reason for members of the media or the public to remain outside the family home. We respectfully ask you to stop following family and cease photographing Perez's children. We also ask photo agencies not to purchase, publish, or distribute any photographs of the children that may have been taken. And they highlighted that for more than a decade, Perez Hilton has maintained a no Kid's policy of not publishing photos of children unless they are attending a public event or a family has chosen to make them public. So they made it a point to specifically mention his own policy on his site and asked people to stop photographing his children at this time and actually being the conversation and this kind of like push pull over Perez Hilton, and because he's a public figure and has been for so long, there's a lot of really intense conversation of what can be shared, what can be said since this story surfaced and has been like such a big story in the media for the last couple of days. So if anyone who's not across Perez Hilton, which is so crazy because I don't really remember a time before for I like, Perez Hilton for me has just always been this huge figure for better or for worse, in celebrity culture. His real name is Mario Levandina, but obviously Perez Hilton is a play on Paris Hilton, who, especially when his blog first launched back in two thousand and five, was the like girl of the moment, TV shows, music books, party, clothing lines, cover of every magazine.
Speaker 2: Like Paris Hilton was that the biggest star in the world. Isn't that crazy? No, it's all crazy. She's still pretty famous now, but yeah, yeah, again, just it was that perfect kind of storm of tabloid culture. Girls and pres Hilton blog became, as we were saying, such an online sensation because he pushed the envelope in such an extreme way. And I think a lot of people I remember being like like as like a teen, like like horrified looking at it, but also couldn't believe that was being stuff like that was being said. So you're almost looking at it in a horrified fascination because up until then I had only ever seen like celebrity coverage that was very much like kind of like bowing at the altar of celebrity.
Speaker 1: Like they're so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they're so famous, They're so perfect, especially like these you know, young women and stuff. And then all of a sudden, there was this outlet that was posting these crazy tabloid photos that you could see go up in real time, and was posting these scandals at other places, all these allegations that other places wouldn't run or ran like weeks later because they were magazines. And also he had a very like distinct voice, and it was really crude, like you know, he like draw penises over people's faces and stuff like that was really crude. But he was just in the right moment of the Internet taking off to build this huge following.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I'm not comparing this, like you just said, there's a lot of crudeness in some headlines and things like that that were done that cross lines, for sure, But I would almost compare it to the way that jumoir has risen now with inst Oh yeah, yeah, It's not the same in terms of the kinds of content they're producing like like for like, but it is still what jumoir is putting up is very invasive, very intense content that is often like people stalking celebrities and taking pictures and sending them to jumoir or Jumoir reporting like fake information all of the time, and people taking it as fact. The same sort of thing happened with Perez Hilton, where it did have this like online frenzy of I guess, like you said more eloquently, more eloquently than I could of, like people suddenly having access to celebs in a way they've never had it before. Absolutely, like you weren't just waiting for these glossy red carpet photos. It's like the same way you're right as people send like photos of like a celeb sitting at a restaurant into doumoin now and we see that it was the same thing, like people would say and tips to pres Hilton, they would send photos and videos, and then celebrities started really knowing who he was, yes and calling him out. So then he would be having these big public back and forth with these huge celebrities, which only added to his fame. And one of the things interesting is like looking into this obviously in light of everything that's happened, and kind of being reminded of how he all started. He was working from a cafe when he first launched the blog, and celebrities used to go to the cafe to give him tips. Yeah, he's spoken about that. There's a great BBC profile on like him and his memoir that he released I think twenty twenty or twenty twenty one, But celebs like Lindsay Lohan used to tell him things about themselves in order to get published. He was friends with Lady Gaga and she was on the rise. He after having a pretty problematic history with Miley Cyrus, also like hung out with her backstage at fashion shows, like he was asking the awards that they were all at. He was dming all of the celebrities, not that that excuses anything by any means, but it was a very I think weird and toxic relationship that a lot of stars had with him and that he had with them, and like he almost I guess he held all the power in a lot of ways, yeah, of what he could and couldn't publish about someone or how you yeah someone.
Speaker 2: And also I think there was like kind of like again, people who had that tabloid frenzy around them became stars like a Nicole rich to you or something like that, and then so it was kind of seen as like almost like a cachet or like a dangerous thing for these women to hang out with this man who had become a huge superstar, despite the fact that you could click onto his website the next day and they could also be terrible things about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean he's apologized. He's apologized for a lot of things since, but one of the things he apologized for was coming up with cruel nicknames for people. And he started having nicknames for Christina Aguilera when Lady Gaga was coming up, because he was trying to create a narrative that like Christina Aguilera was done, like she was finished and Lady Gaga was the cool new pop girl. And then he and Lady Gaga had a falling out at some point and she alleged that she was a target of bullying and stalking by Perez. There were so many major things that he obviously did that caused a lot of headline, but I think one of the biggest things was the way he spoke about and treated Britney Spears in particular. Yes, yes, so that was one of his main targets. And in twenty twenty one he like apologized when that Framing Britney Spears documentary came out, and he said it I didn't lead with empathy and compassion, and thankfully it seems like most people now are understanding the severity of her situation. And I absolutely apologize and carry deep shame and regret because he was.
Speaker 2: I mean, the stuff he would write about Britney, especially when she was going through her like very public mental health breakdown, was calling her a terrible mother, calling her dangerous, calling her all these terrible things like yeah, posting his awful photos of her. But also it sounds outrageous now, but it's so weird to look back and think at the time it didn't feel outrageous because also that's what everyone was saying about excusing him in any way, but like it sounds crazy now, Yeah, but that everyone would read his site and be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, she is a terrible mother, she is crazy. Yeah, it was part of like this really vitriolic moment and like me Lacunas actually and he still goes up against me Lacunas on this topic. But she's like he basically invented the scept of trolling and that she thinks it didn't really exist or didn't experience it in Hollywood until he came along. Yeah, which I think is interesting. Is interesting, isn't it, because you know, a lot of the things he's accused of doing, Like so, following the tragic death of Heath Ledger, he made t shirts saying it should have been Brittany. Yeah, he's that horrifying stuff. And I remember people just thinking that was like the funniest thing ever. Yeah, And people, you know, were slut shaming young women in Hollywood, like Miley Cyrus and Taylor Mumson who both spoken about having upskirt photos taken of them and then published on his website. When they were miners. He was included in Colin Farrell's two thousand and five sex tape lawsuit after allegedly posting the link to Colin Farrell's sex tape on his website. He was sued by Universal City Studios for posting naked photos of Jennifer Aniston taken from unreleased footage from the set of The Breakup. So there were a lot of things obviously that he was accused of doing. And he and you know, Iland Baldwin was another I think young star or like young child of stars, this daughter of Alec Baldwin, who I guess felt very victi by what he did to her and how he spoke about her in the press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would, Yeah, his coverage of Ireland Baldwin, who really grew. I mean, she's she's out of the spotlight now she does publicly post.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But she was the daughter of Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, and obviously they're this huge like celebrity, old school Hollywood power couple. Island was always at events with them and things, and he would write terrible things about her, that she was ugly, that she was fat, she was ChIL would yeah, and she was like a tiny child, and he did that all through her teen years, Like he would post pat photos of her and just point out all the things that were wrong with her body. If other children like he didn't they were pretty like the offspring of celebrities, he would like kind of like compare them to Island Baldwin, like this huge campaign against this like basically basically like teenager who was just existing alongside her famous parents.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, he's spoken at length about how he now regrets a lot of the things he did. He hasn't specifically apologized for much beyond Britney speech, but he's more so broadly said I've tried change, you know, who I am as a person. He released a book called TMI, My Life in Scandal, and in that he wrote he admitted like he was super petty to Ariana Grande for years just because when she was looking for a manager, he was interested and she didn't pick him. So he was like, so I would write really mean stuff about her because I just didn't like that she did that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lot of his stuff was just very petty. But I also think like and not excusing any of his behavior because like even even as a teen, like logging onto his website, I could look at him be like this is this isn't right? Yeah, but he was really molding or following just the wave of where we were as a society, of how we were consuming content. Like yeah, the first wave of him tearing down Britney Spears and making fun of her, calling on Christina Aguilera's body, even the kind of beef with Lady Gaga, which came later a way, he didn't even send her a photo of her in a wheelchair wheelchair after she'd had I think it was her leg yeah, yeah, and it was like he compared her to Madonna in this weird photo he sent her.
Speaker 1: I think Madonna had a gun in the picture, yeah, and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So a lot of it was just kind of like meeting the internet kind of where it was and pushing it further. But like people were so hungryly consuming that content. It's like he couldn't put up enough to keep up with how much people wanted this kind of scandalous downfall of celebrity.
Speaker 1: He was incredibly successful. People were willing participants in what he was doing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and then like you know, there was like merch and like people again were buying his book.
Speaker 1: Then he became a TV star himself.
Speaker 2: He would go on things like Big Brother, He would do guest appearances on TV shows. He would be invited to walk red carpets alongside people like you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like people he'd cyber bullied, like really cyrus. Yeah, they went to fashion shows together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was this whole kind of like craziness of watching the internet evolve. And then when he when he started apologizing for things, it was around the kind of like free Britney movement. Yeah, we're reframing things. Let's look back at what happened at Paris Hilton with her abuse, Let's look at this, Let's look at how women were treated. And it's kind of like he I know, he says that he was that's what he felt, but from just watching it through like a commentator lens, it felt like more so he was just adjusting himself to public, to the mom yeah exactly, to public scrutiny and sort of seeing where the next wave was. And he was like, oh, it's kind of fallen out of fashion now to make fun of Britney Spears and other celebrities. So now I'm going to go the other way and apologize. And for a while, especially in the last like maybe five or six years, I do feel like he was trying to sort of rebrand himself and he was looking for those like reaching out for those celebrity friendships, and they kind of weren't there.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when he went on The Hills reboot vaguely oh in the Hills the way.
Speaker 2: This was yeah, yeah, this is this is a huge moment for me. So The Hills was like one of the biggest TV shows in the world when it was out, like you know many many like over a decade ago. You know, Lauren Conrad, Heidi montag Or during a Partridge, you know, the girls living in la and you.
Speaker 1: Follow their careers and stuff. And then a couple of years ago they brought it back as a reboot without Lauren Conrad and it wasn't great. It was very strange.
Speaker 2: It was nice to see like a Whitney Port and stuff back, but also like they just didn't have this drama. But interesting thing was they bought Misha Barton onto one of the oh yeah yeah as a cast member, which is so crazy because when The Hills was out, Misha Butarton wasn't a reality start. She was the star of the OC, the biggest TV show in the world.
Speaker 1: They all owe their careers to her. Yeah, because the OC came out and then they were like, let's do Laguna Beach at it and it was Laguna Beach the real OC. Yeah, how it was built.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, absolutely, give us more of this. And then The Hills came off that, so it was interesting. They tried to slot Misha Barton into the Hills world, and it was her being like, I haven't seen these people for years. I used to be friends with her, and I'm like, showed me one ounce of proof that you know any of these people. She didn't know any of them, and it was her trying to get her career back, which was very I was super interested in. Yeah, it was after Miha Button hadn't worked for years and she was trying to be an actress that was following her to auditions and all these things. But the show didn't work.
Speaker 1: Misha Button on the show didn't work, and Miha Button as a reality start didn't work. But what did work and what I thought was such a like a cultural moment, was they brought Perez Hilton onto one of the episodes, and he came into this bar where they're all hanging out, and they filmed Mischa Barton confronting him. Well, because she was one of his big touch she was one of.
Speaker 2: His big targets, Like I feel like he would have people fallen because you know, she was in that set of like Lindsay Lowe and Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, all dressed by Rachel Zoe, all going out and like.
Speaker 1: Part of dating that heiress or not. Heires what Tina's dumb allegations are true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and photos of Mischa Barton like wildly partying were like a very hot commodity. But he would post really terrible things about her. Rumors he would like draw ugly pictures of her, just horrific. And so Misha Button on the Hills confronted him and he's quite quite shocked. He was coming in too like party with and afterwards he did say he didn't expect it to go that way. I think he thought he was coming in to kind of like party with the Hills cast and have like a bit of a two thousands like nostalgia moment. But in Mischebaton, she was like, this is my retribution. I'm gonna, like every bad thing that's been said about me by anyone in the last twenty years, it's all going to come out in this moment. So she confronted him and it was like really good TV. And it was incredible to her kind of like saying telling him to his face what he'd done, and him kind of apologizing and like looking quite like distressed at what she was saying. And it just was like such a big moment. And I think from now on he still reports on celebrity stuff, but he has.
Speaker 1: Toned it down a bit.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that I think some people are grappling with at the moment is that we've seen this video of Prize Hilton, even if he didn't want to see it, it's out in the world, all of his health informations being made public. As his family said, there's people camped outside the facility, he's in the Piple camp outside his home. There's people tracking down his children, and there's one big group of people that are like, we need to like give him privacy and respect in this moment, and then you have another group of people being but he never afforded that to anyone else. Who was going through this in the public eye, so why should we do it now?
Speaker 1: That's why as well. So like the Taylor mums and call her Daddy clip has resurfaced, a lot of these things that you and I have just discussed are being brought back up because people are saying, well, he did this to this person, and he did this to this person, so does he deserve privacy when he didn't give it to anyone else. What was really interesting to me was like I saw you know, you know, Dared Padilecchi, you're more girl supernatural. Oh, I know Laura's favorite. He put out a tweet saying like, hey, Perez just wanted to reach out and let you know you're in my thoughts, like being a human being is exhausting and awful and all of these things. So he put that statement out. Then it received so much backlash of like why would you say this? How dare you show sympathy to Perez Hilton that Jared Padlechi took it down. Then he put up a second tweet saying I didn't know it's been brought to my attention. I'm sorry, and then he put up a third with more detail, basically explaining himself for why he'd reached out to Perez Hilton, and he said, I had absolutely no idea about his past. I'd obviously heard of him. I had heard he hadn't been kind to me in my past, like that he'd written bad things about Jared Pedelechi in the Yeah, yeah he did. But he said, my thought is always to give grace and forgiveness to those who may have tried to harm you. In my experience, it usually works out better than holding a grudge or wishing punishment on someone else. That being said, I truly didn't know anything about the extent of what he has done, and that's my bad. And he kind He went on for a very long time, and he was like, I'm sorry if my words caused any harm, and I hope you are all well out there and taking care of yourselves. But I think it's interesting that there was a pretty hefty group of people try like attacking Jared Padlechi for showing empathy for another person because they don't like the things that he's done in his past. And as we've just said, like Perez Hilton has done a lot of horrible things. He's done a lot of concerning things like publishing photos of miners up their skirts and things like that, and harassing Britney Spears and all of these things that we've said, he has done a lot of awful and outing other celebrities. A big part of his campaign was outing gay celebrities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he would like hunt down information ye about celebrities that he knew were not ready to talk about their sexuality or didn't want to, were fearful for like their safety or their careers, and he would out them anyway. And he was kind of like a blood sport for him that he then monetized. And you have celebrities like Neil Patrick Harris who have come out and said like, yeah, I was happy, Like he was with his partner David, who's now married and they have kids, and he was like, yep, David and I will go to events together and we weren't hiding the fact that we were together. But I wasn't ready to make this big statement about my private life. And it's a big deal and pros Hilton basically outed him.
Speaker 1: And proudly so. Like Perez at the time spoke to the Los Angeles Times and was like, it's not embarrassing to be gay. Everyone should just come out. I think of it as my duty to out people if they don't want to, and like that is horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he tried to downplay it later on when that's sort of like people were just like, that's it's not your duty to be adding celebrities because you think that the public deserves to know. And then he'd say, like, well, I only added like a Queen Latifa because I just know her girlfriend and I know they're together, and why wouldn't I say it out loud? And it's like she's clearly not saying it because she's wanting private about her own life. And so it's kind of interesting, like who has spoken on it. So Ilan Baldwin, who we were talking about before, who is you know, one of his biggest targets for years, also put out a statement and said pras Hilton has publicly humiliated my family for years, sexualized me from a young age, commented on my weight and body as a child, and has always been a despicable human being. But his children deserve better and a healthy father, and I'm sad.
Speaker 1: For all of them. I hope he gets the help he needs and heals I think, I mean and that's someone who has extreme personal stake in what he's done to me. Yeah. I thought that was really much graceful of her to put that statement out. Yeah, And I think it's a classic two things can be true, Like someone can have done irreparable damage to people and be a person who has done bad things and done horrible things and made people feel terrible about themselves, and you can also have empathy for their family and for what they've gone through and to not do the same things to them that they have done to other people. I think that's the thing that I've found really interesting is a lot of people online and like it's not a small cohort, it's a large amount of people tweeting and commenting and making videos saying he deserves to be photographed in this moment, his children deserve to be photographed in this moment. And I think with that, like, what are you trying to say, Like, if you think what he did was bad, if you think what he did is problematic, which I do, why would you think that the answer is more of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his three children or under the age of thirteen, just to kind of give I mean, not that it would matter what age they were, but yeah, that's what we're dealing with that. Yeah, I hold these things, these two things so differently in my head. The same is that on one hand, I so firmly believe that like so much of what Perez Hilton has done is so kind of like unforgivable over the last twenty years. But I feel like when he had like sometimes had endorsement deals taken away or was taken off TV shows, or at one stage he had like his social accounts taken away for you know, saying like hurtful, damaging things about people, I think that's the way that you deal with something about on a professional level. Hold I hold his professional life so differently in my head to how I hold this thing that has happened with his mental health in his life. And I do kind of I much, very much understand people saying like give him grace for his children, but also even if he didn't have children, I would find children are a huge factor because people are hunting them down to get photos of them and saying it's karma, which is the way he had because yes, he doesn't show photos of children.
Speaker 1: He hasn't. Last ten years, since that whole movement that was led by celebrities like Kristen Belendack shit, but of like the no kids policy, Yeah, he did ahere to that, but he didn't for a long time.
Speaker 2: Before long years before that he was doing it. But I don't see that. I don't see what's happened in this moment to him and his mental health and his family and his children. I don't see that as being wrapped up what happened in his professional life, like they have to be held differently. Yeah, and what is to be gained for punishing these three young children for things that he did to celebrity dad twenty years ago? Yeah, And like you said, I think the children thing is a huge deal, and I agree with you. But also even if he didn't have children, even if he didn't have like his family worried about him, even if it was just him alone, I still think that he as a human being deserves like our empathy for what he's gone through, because what else is there? And I actually find it like not comforting, but I find it like a good kind of looking at a step forward that if this had happened at the height of Perez Hilton's like blog fame to another celebrity and he was posting, and other outlets were posting, they would be posting the video. There'd be all the sortied that, like, all the stories would be like the sordid details from inside the house and all these things. The kids photos would be on the cover of magazines. I do find a little bit comforting now, even though that some people are calling for that a bigger part of the media and the general public, the bigger part of is everyone saying, don't show that, it's invasive, it's upsetting, have some sort of protection, like it does. When I think about to two thousand and five to now, things have gotten slightly better in the way that we report on these sorts of things and the way that people handle them, and the way the public because like, if this had happened to someone like pros Hilton even fifteen years ago, it would have been this whole like kind of like sport or game of like who can get the most photos the most, who wants sell it for the highest amount of money, who can have the most graphic photos or the most you know, kind of like tabloidy headline, And the fact that there's been a lot of questions around not doing that, even to the person that was the center of that yeap is I think kind of like it's a positive step forward in that.
Speaker 1: Sense, and like, yeah, as I said, there's a lot of horrible people saying horrible things about him and what he deserves at this moment. But yes, it is much more comforting to think that the majority of people are not engaging with this story. Yeah, And a lot of people aren't trying to see that video unfitionally. It is just I think a lot of the clips that have been taken and reposed to have been taken down, Yeah, that people aren't seeking it out. Yeah. I think Wendy Williams, like in the past few years said kind of offhand, like I would ask for privacy, but I know that I wouldn't have given it to someone who was going through what I'm going through. And like, I thought that was really interesting and sort of similar to the way that I feel about the prose situation. Is that just because someone spearheaded this kind of cultural like conversation and inappropriate sort of content, that we don't do that to them when they're going through something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And just to finish up too, I think there's a lot of people out there that still feel like the intense psychological hurt, like physical herd all these things from like what pros Hilton posts about them, and there's I think also a station to like just acknowledge that as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I do think again it's one of those complex issues, but I think it's just one of those cases of holding two different thoughts in the same time. So if you kind of just glance at the headlines, it would look like Martha Stewart has outed Megan Markle for sharing some royal information that she shouldn't be sharing. But let's dive into what actually happened.
Speaker 2: Because it's like a lot of headlines that Martha Stewart makes is that she was just as part of an interview. She's just kind of like chatting away, but because she's quite unfiltered, she'll just say something that I'm sure to her doesn't seem like a big deal, but then it gets pulled out into this big story and made a big deal. And also that is the power of Martha Stewart because for someone who's you know, kind of made her fame of the last couple of decades of being like the queen of like homemaking and cooking, and lifestyle.
Speaker 1: And friends with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, being friends with the good friends with Snoop Dogg and going to jail and getting out of jail and rebuilding her career and being like the kind of person you look to have, Like, how do you behave at a dinner party? She also knows how to behave at dinner party and give us some give us tea, Give.
Speaker 1: Us some tea.
Speaker 2: So in a recent big cover story with People magazine where she was creating like a past kind of cover shooting interview that she'd done, they were doing interview with her and they one of the questions was what do you like at a party Martha Stewart, Because you know, she's the queen of hosting, So what is she like when she's a guest at a party? And she said, my friends call me lifo.
Speaker 1: Last in first out, she said, I don't like cocktails terribly much. I don't like standing around if it's a dinner. I like to get there when people are about to sit down, and then I like to leave shortly after dessert is served. But I have a good time while I'm there. And then no, literally, no one brought this up. No one asked, Martha Stewart just decided to throw this little tidbit in. Then she said, I had dinner with Megan Markle the other night. We were both guests at a dinner party in California and she had just gotten back from the Palace. I didn't talk to her really more than to say a couple of words, but I know she was talking about it. And then the People magazine did she talk about her life? God?
Speaker 2: And then People Magazine said, what do you think about her stepping into your space with her own cooking show? Because if there's one thing Martha Stewart loves to talk about, it's other famous women stepping into her territory of cooking and lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so then Martha Stewart said, if you're an actress, it's hard then to transition to a princess, and then from a princess to a homemaking guru on a television show. It doesn't sort of follow, so you go from there. And that's all she said. I think that's true to all Martha carry on.
Speaker 2: So then a source came to People Magazine, who I'm going to go out on a limit, say, a source from Megan Marcau's team or even Megan mark Or herself contacting People Magazine and saying I sat next to Meghan at the dinner party and this account of what happened is simply untrue. Megan didn't talk about her European vacation other than to say the family had a great time. Megan has always been a fan of Martha's and enjoyed getting to meet her briefly at the dinner tea.
Speaker 1: I think Martha's always saying something, you know, yeah, that's what I know about something.
Speaker 2: But why this is kind of blown up is one, as we always say, anything to do with Megan Markle is a lightning rod for comments and articles and headlines. But why this is blown up is that, yes, it was very widely reported that Prince Harry, Megan Michael, and their two children, Archie and Lilibet went to the UK huge deal, met with the Royal family, met with King Charles, and there was a lot of speculation of how that went. That the Royal family was repelling Megan market awall that they didn't want to see her and that things went badly, and then some people were reporting that it went well. But one of the big stories that came out is that Harry and Meghan, from reports, stayed at Princess Diana's big family, famous family compound and visited her great and apparently the Spencer family had said, like, you can come and stay here because obviously your family.
Speaker 1: But this is all like again.
Speaker 2: Reports allegedly, yeah, all these things, but do we don't share photographs from this? Yeah, area and place like there are parts of that house that are open to the public that you can tour at different parts of the year, but the part of the property on the little island where Princess Diana is buried and her memorial is is off limits to the public, and no one, no family who visit their share photos. And then their Meghan Markele posted photos of just like standing back of Prince Harry like his back and their two kids walking behind him carrying flowers in an area that people have said is on the property heading to Princess Diana's grave. And so then that blow up into this whole story of that I missed that one. Oh yeah, so they'll is something mean and then that blew up of like, oh my god, Diana's family trusted Meghan, they asked her not to post photos. She couldn't help herself. They're clearly heading to the memorial. It's so distasteful. And then these reports came out about how many times Prince William and Princess Catherine and their three children had visited a memorial and they're like and you never.
Speaker 1: See a photo.
Speaker 2: They're so private, and so that blew up into a huge story, and the story was that Meghan Markle was trying to like capitalize and like make headlines with her visits to the UK, to the royal family and to Princess Diana's family, and so in any other time, this remarked from Martha Stewart of like, oh, she was talking about her holiday and she just was back from the family palace and she was talking about it might not have been such a big deal. But because people already saying that Meghan Mikael was sharing stories, gossiping, trying to get some fame off it, that's why this blew up. And I think that's why a spokesperson then came to people and said this didn't happen. She didn't say anything. Yeah, because they're trying to pull that story back.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lot of nothing.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Michael. She was like, well, I didn't know. The thing is Martha Stewart always says I don't read the things. Yeah, she doesn't often know being said about other celebrities.
Speaker 1: That's her story, that's her story, and I don't buy it. I'm sorry, Martha. I like you. I think I don't know. You scare me. But she's scary. But she met like King Charles not that long ago. Like she knows these people. She knows there's tension, she knows everything that's going. Like, she's not stupid. She's Martha Stewart.
Speaker 2: I know, but she does her big things like I don't read all the things, like I don't have time. She's like, I don't have time for that. And she said that because she was on one of the last seasons of the Kardashians, you know, the Kardashians thing where they like invent these storylines to fill time because Kim's the only one actually doing the work and show.
Speaker 1: You love to say that, and I stand by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're get to fill time, fill it with Martha Stewart. So the whole thing was like Martha Stewart came to Chris Jenna's house. She invited her daughter, Chloe over who lives next door, to come in and meet her new chef. When she walked into the kitchen, like Martha Stewart was hired there, Martha, she was like, oh.
Speaker 1: She was just like, hey, like I do I enjoy her? Like, can't like her vibe? Yeah, I don't care. The world's mine. I Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'm here at the Kardashian's house. I'm being filmed. I'm kind of unimpressed, but like, it's a nice house and this speech is nice. She does seem perpetually. I'm unimpressed by everything. Yes, But the thing is when they sat down at lunch, she said to Chloe, so tell me, do you have a husband, have kids?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't read the things. And then Chloe had to be like, well, yeah, children, Yeah, I have two children. I'm not with the father of my children because he cheated on me and had a child with another woman while we were expecting a child. And Martha goes, oh, that's not nice. Chloe's like, it isn't nice. That's so true. So that's her thing, that's her thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's like she's like, I don't know. Tell me, you tell me what's happening. So I think there's I don't think that when people say that Martha Stuart was trying to out Megan Markle.
Speaker 1: That probabs not. I think she's just trying to have her.
Speaker 2: I think she unintentionally waded into a firestorm. Yes, but she likes to add a little shade.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she does. She likes to add a comment about like, oh, well, it's hard to transition from being an actress into a princess into being a homemaking guru doesn't follow. I think it does. I think it's a pretty obvious career. In fact, Martha, I think going from actress to royal, which some would say is an actress, I would to lady who makes jam, because you learned how to make jam at the palace, Like, pretty solid career paths are now obviously.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the biggest burn to that to Megan Minkle is that Martha Stewart, who she has talked about loving and she loves Meghan Michael, is like the prime fan of a Martha Stewart, is that Martha Stewart doesn't know about the tig And I think that would be the biggest.
Speaker 1: Blow to Megan Markle because Meghan Michael had a huge The Better though, and she became a royal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She had a lifestyle blog called The Tig that was like trying, you know, attempting to almost like it was like an homage to Martha Stewart. And so the fact that Martha stew was like, she's an actress, she has no business, and you just see Megan Michael being.
Speaker 1: Like, but the Tig a the Tig.
Speaker 2: But Mother Stewart, in fairness to her, loves to comment on actresses coming into her space. Yeah, so she has commented on Blake Lively before. And the fun thing about this is that she and Blake Cogliff were friendly. They were neighbors, and they were like buddies. They were buddies because they lived in the same area in like big compounds and they would visit each other. But when Blake Lively launched her big lifestyle website, Preserve, which did have rip r ip, that was Preserves a of my favorite things to talk about. We read one a whole episode. So and I'm not in a mean way, but like I feel bad for Blake Lively because she tried to launch this big lifestyle website. It wasn't ready to go live, and then Anna wind Tour said, I'm putting on the cover of Vogue so that you can launch Preserve, and then Blake Lively said, well, we're not ready, but you don't say no to and a wind Tour. So it launched with the craziest cover letter celebrity has ever written for a website, where she talked about artisans which is her favorite word to use, but then she also talked about being hungry but not just for enchiladas, for ideas, and yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 1: It's the craziest thing.
Speaker 2: And it's this beautiful photo of Blake Lively of like it's her seemingly like writing her letter, but she's like kind of like sitting in like the window of a barn in black and white. There was a lot of barns, and a lot of barns, a lot of nineties, a lot of like wooden bowls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the things. And so Preserve died rip, it died a brutal death and she had to shut it all down. So yes, when Preserve was launching and Martha's Stuitt was asked about it, like, oh, Blake Lively who talks about loving you so openly and so much, And Martha Stewart said, let her try, and then she said that don't mean that facetiously.
Speaker 2: She said, I mean it's stupid. She could be an actress. Why would you want to be me when you could be an actress? And then she goes, why did a movie yesterday? Though I can't even tell you about it? But I maybe I want to be Blake Lively. It's so funny because when she's like, why she she's an actress, why does she want to be me? That's what I think every time an act just launch a podcast like Amy Pola, What are you doing? Love your pod?
Speaker 1: But Amy Pola is like I met Laura Brodnick once, she seemed cool and also.
Speaker 2: Podcast everyone who watches the podcast, I'm like, you don't have to do that. You could just go be a famous actress. Love that you did it. The Donuts Brothers were they doing reading ads on a podcast? I know they need the money, but how dare you? They are very successful on their podcast? Oh yeah I didn't so yeah exactly, but yeah, like Martha Stewart, then then she also wanted.
Speaker 1: To say that Blake Lively is lovely. She's so shy. She's like, yeah, she's really like out there in public, but she's so so shy behind the scenes, you wouldn't believe it. We're just scared of Martha Stewart. She's scared of you. She's obsessed with you, and she's like your neighbors. So like, you've interacted and now she can't speak in front of you, and then you said her sight was kind of ridiculous, So that happened. Martha Swarts also had a lot to say about Gwyneth Paltrow, who, amongst us, hasn't When she was lawn in group and she was doing all these interus and stuff, Martha Stewart said, Oh, she just needs to be quiet. She's a movie star.
Speaker 2: If she was confident in her acting, she wouldn't be trying to be Martha Stewart.
Speaker 1: Martha's like, why does everyone want to be mere? She's like, oh my god, she want an oscar. Then she's like, you know what I'm going to do next? Be Martha Stewart. Although that's what all the TikTok girlies are doing now too. They're all trying to be Martha Stewarts. Oh, Solcia.
Speaker 2: Sure, yees me, I'm trying to be Ininegarten. Yeah, oh, don't say that name in front of Martha Stewart. They famously fight, those two lovely famous celebrity chefs. And then later on when she was asked, because the thing.
Speaker 1: Is, if you ask Martha Stewart about Gwyneth Paltrow, she loved to talk about it. She's got so many thoughts on Gray Paltrow. She was saying again when she was like really trying to get Goop out of just being a newsletter to being this huge, big like website and e commerce store and all these things, she said, well, she just really wants to be part of the lifestyle business. She's a charming pretty person who has a feeling for lifestyle and she wants to be in arbiter. Good. Fine, I think I started the whole category of lifestyle anyway, which, to be honest, she kind of did. But then she Martha Stewart had a real problem with Gwenneth's vagina Candle, I can remember that again, who she thought she it was kind of sullying this lifestyle brand. She's like I star and she's like, I invented lifestyle. Me Martha Stewart, then Gwyneth Paltrow, a pretty actress with nothing else to do, who's not confident in her acting, tried to be me fine, fine, But now she's selling vagina candles and the only people who want to buy that are horny man, which I actually disagree with because I know a lot of women who bought the vagina candles, like, ah, this is cute. Martha is such an enigma, Like I get it, but also I don't because you also didn't invent lifestyle and you also sell weird shit all the time. Yeah, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't think she I don't think she has a problem with people like monetizing it. I think she's a problem with people not staying in their lane, particularly it would appear very rich, famous, white blonde women.
Speaker 1: She knows she also falls into that. No, I know, but I just think I was gonna say, not me defending Martha Stuart. But I like about this, you can do it well. She has to really.
Speaker 2: Build up her empire, and she did it for decades, and she wasn't coming off the back of like a Gwyneth Paltrow, like a famous stand Yeah. Yeah, and she's not coming off her. I think her thought is she had to really build her business from the ground up, and she didn't tack it onto the side of a hot, big Hollywood career. Yes and arguably the most famous woman in the world for lifestyle, yes, so yes, so that she did. Think she feels like she is like the queen of them all, the godmother, so she gets to comment on them.
Speaker 1: And she's not wrong. They do all want to be her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they all want to be her, that's true, and just find it funny how brutal she is. I just think there's a way that those kind of type of women, like a lot of the time, talk about each other, and there's this whole thing of like, but our lifestyle brands are about like feeling, even though they're obviously not. They're selling this unrealistic lifestyle. They're like, buy this bottle of stuff that'll promise to fix your entire life, and by the couple side of it and go yeah, and that sort of stuff. But there's a way those women talk about each other, which is like room for all of us support each other womanhood. It's like going to the Paltrow like inviting Courtney Kardashian over when she started poosh or inviting Megan markel over, when she started Yes, Riviera Orchard.
Speaker 1: This was that. Yes, that was the original name before she had to change it. Yes, and so that but Martha Stewart doesn't fall into line of that why they all want her approval, And that's why they all want her approval. So that's what's happened between Megan Markle and Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart thought she'd throw Megan Mikale's name out there again, no one asked. Thought she'd throw it out there just to sort of explain the situation of how she is at a dinner party. Megan Michael realized it as like this huge blowing up of her spot at the moment for the scandal she's currently dealing with. And then I'm sure if anyone would ask Martha Stewart at the moment, oh what do you think of like all the drama with you and Mega Markle or she would say, I don't know, I don't read the things. That's a beautiful way to be. Thank you so much for listening to this spill today. If this episode brought up anything for you, we have linked resources in the show Notes. We will be back in your feed bright and early tomorrow morning with Morning Tea hosted by Ash London. Bye bye,