Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast. Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on.
Speaker 2: Whoever said orange is a new pink with seriously disturbed.
Speaker 1: Laurels for spraying groundbreaking? Oh my god, you.
Speaker 3: Have to do it. You live for fashion.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Nothing to Wear, the podcast that solves fashion problems and levels up your wardrobe. I'm Lee Campbell, and every week I chat to an expert who helps us work out how to get more out of the clothes we already own and tells us exactly what is and isn't worth adding to our wardrobe. And one of the keys to getting more out of the clothes we already own isn't actually in our wardrobe, It's in our phone. Our guest today has an incredible eye for spotting trends before they hit the mainstream, and she knows how to make those trends personal and unique. I'm talking about our resident social media guru here at Mamma Mia Live James. You might have seen Live on our socials. She hits streets and ask people lots of weird questions, but she is also a styling social and shopping guru Liv knows more about Pinterest than anyone I've ever met. She's going to talk us through how to curate your own boards, how to search the biggest trends coming up in fashion that are about to be everywhere that we're all over Pinterest first, and how she uses it to create an algorithm that is exactly for her so she never has to wonder what to wear. Get ready for Live, Secrets for turning your pinterest worthy ideas into realistic outfits Live. James honestly have not been more excited for an episode shut up. So to give the listeners a bit of a background story. You work here at Mamameia. What's your actual job?
Speaker 3: I am the lifestyle social Producer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so social media is your life, as in you are paid to do. Yes, you are very good at it, but I don't get to spend that much timing with you anymore because, for those that don't know, if you're not permanent, part time or full time here at MMA ME, you don't get a desk. You just kind of have to wander around aimlessly and hope that you will be able to sit somewhere. And a couple of weeks ago, I got to sit next to Live James and it was the best and the worst day of my life because I spent so much money and she had the best product recommendations, the best tips, and from that was sort of born this idea this episode. So Live James, Yes, I'm going to make you describe your own style in three words.
Speaker 3: Okay. Sometimes you'll look at yourself and you'll wish you're something other than what you.
Speaker 1: Are, what you're putting out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I came up with my three words eclectic, playful, and vintage.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you in a person? You in three words?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And I told the team right, and Julian said you should probably put chaos in there.
Speaker 1: Too, okay. So Julian is another video producer here at Mama Mea who we adore, but he doesn't understand the difference between an offensive word, yes.
Speaker 3: And eclectic but exactly. He wasn't that wrong. But I like to think that I'm slightly more. You know how Jane Burkin treats her burken bags, Yes, I lashes them, yes, so like good bones, but with some person chaos. Yes, That's what I'm into.
Speaker 1: I love that. So much, and I feel like it looks good at the end, like there's people that can do a bit of chaos deliberately it looks great or really just like WHOA, what happened with your lights out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You always look really different and unique but cool.
Speaker 3: That's so nice. Thanks.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess like it is an artistic process in the end, like I lay it all out before I get dressed in the morning.
Speaker 1: He's my next question, So your personal style philosophy and how you get dressed. Yes, do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I will organize my outfit the night before I can't go to sleep. If I don't, I'll lay it out on the ground and I'll put my shoes next to it and make sure all the colors match. Put my socks next, like.
Speaker 1: You're doing a flat light.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are social media in real life.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 1: Now look before we get into the topic, you know this saying, and it's pretty true for a lot of people. You were ten percent of your order have ninety percent of the time. So the stuff you really love, what's in your ten percent?
Speaker 3: I have this pair of added us they're Maroon. I've got them on right now. Actually, Maroon has become a neutral for me. And then I have a jacket so in the colder months, I have a jacket in the same maroon lever, so I'll wear that. And then socks, colored socks I literally had in my three lists. I was like, yeah, colors, how do you the sucks.
Speaker 1: Of your gun?
Speaker 3: I think I've got my over fifty like.
Speaker 1: You look for shoes that you can wear socks with. Yeah, this might be a stock episode, but it's not due to your job, but also your personal interest. You are a pinterest pro and Pinterest is kind of a little forgotten platform. I think we're all over social media, but do you reckon Pinterest is social media.
Speaker 3: I grew up as a tumbler kid, so you would have your own website. You'd be reposting all this inspirational quote fashion, all that kind of.
Speaker 1: Stuff like blurry, sparkly litter photos, yati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And then I stopped doing that and I got into Pinterest because Pinterest has the best algorithm of any social media platform. And that shows my geekiness about my job. But no, it truly does, like it learns you like the back of its hand, like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So as a user, if I play around on their searching for things I like. It really gets it right, giving me what I.
Speaker 3: Want absolutely, And you say it feels underground, but it's got over five hundred and thirty seven million users a year. Okay, so there's a lot of people using.
Speaker 1: It because I use it, but I don't know how to use. All I do is I type in you know, summer street style or you know, brown cross body outfits or whatever, and then I get served amazing things that I want. But then I've got some boards that are private, but I'm not a creator on there. I'm not a public pinner. I mean, I don't know. So I'm so interested to hear more about how you use it and what you've discovered. So I want to ask about some trends for this year. Yes, where now officially into twenty twenty five, because yeah, February's official start. Yeah yeah, So what are the biggest fashion trends you've noticed for this year so far? Is there anything that's crazy stuff that you reckon that's going to stick around even though it's the start of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Pinterest is really good because it's got that five hundred million people using it every day and you do need to use Pinterest every day if you want it to really learn who you are and what you like.
Speaker 1: Oh yikes. Yeah, for the purpose of this episode, it's just people using it to look at pictures, not uploading.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to upload. I don't upload anything. Great, but you repin and some creators like you could attach your Instagram so it automatically uploads.
Speaker 1: Oh hang on, is repin the same as saving it to a board? Yes, okay, great, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then it will learn what you like, what styles you like, and then what they do at the end of every year, which is like my second favorite day of the year compared to like the metgalap they do Pinterest predicts, right, so they take everything that they've learned about their users, like kind of what they're searching and what they're pinning, and they create a whole prediction of what the next year's trends are going to be. Oh my god, and there's some pretty interesting trends.
Speaker 1: Live tell me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm going to show you some images from the trends that I've found on the Pinterest predicts. If you are listening and you'd like to see these images as well, you can click a link in our show notes and it will take you to the YouTube video. Okay, the first one it's called cherry Coded, and you can see a pair of cherry shoes here.
Speaker 1: You have made a slide show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a little slideshow for you, because I think there's like fifty right, right. They have pretty crazy names, and people can get a bit intimidated by the fact that, like, you know, you've got like castle Core, You've got all these names that sound very intense, but I think the success of them comes down the little details.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is just cherry coded. So it's basically just the cherry color that you think of when you think of a cherry.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean there's versions of red that we've had really deep burgundep. Then we've had like that almost tomato red, cherries somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 3: Cherries in the middle. I think it's increased by two hundred percent for Pinterest users when they're searching.
Speaker 1: So we've seen some boots, we've seen it like a semi shee stocking.
Speaker 3: I mean, so it's in the details, particularly for this one, so it's like accessories, but also a cherry infographic or something like that, and on Graphic Ta Tea. Yeah, so it's so cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't find that's scary, and I feel like I've only got pops of red in my wardrobe or I've seen enough in stores. I'm into this, yes exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm completely doable. Also because I love color. Pinterest is really helpful in that sense because you can see how people will use a cherry color like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're one of the photos. This lovely lady's got shoes and tops in the red cherry red and then a sky blue duck egg blue pants, which I would never walk into my own wardrobe and put together.
Speaker 3: But do you know what interesting about that photo? I picked it because on the color wheel, those are both opposite each other, so they go together. And that's something that you can look at and toasting the show. But like, that's also something I'll do on Pinterest too. If I don't know what to wear with a certain color, I'll go, Okay, i've got this light blue shirt on. I'll go and I'll look up light blue color palette and then it will give me heats of color palettes and show me colors that go with it.
Speaker 1: It's just opened up my mind to the ways I'm not using it. And also, like you say, with the algorithm, I haven't seen any of this, so obviously the vast majority are looking at this color, but mine's still just in the minimalist vortex I've created for it. The nose, I probably won't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's clever. Yeah, it is very clever.
Speaker 1: Okay, what the next one? Is it gonna get scarier?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit scarier. The next one is Fisherman aesthetic. Okay, Fisherman aesthetic sounds crazy and it can get a little bit nuts, but I actually love it because I think it's like it's turned the dial up a little bit for coastal grammar.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, good.
Speaker 3: It does have certain elements where you're like, oh, that's a bit brave. It's using a lot of netting, but thinking.
Speaker 2: Bags, So you know, I'm down with that. Netted bags and stripes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a bit like a market bag, sort of like you've gone to the fish market.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly like that. And then think Wes Anderson, he like the director, and all the little beanies that people wear and bright colors. Think that, and then cable knit.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a little bit nautical, but less I have a fancy yacht and more I have a little fishing boat, yes exactly, Okay, I'm really into that. And some shells. I've seen some shells end of falls, little.
Speaker 3: Bit and waterproof clothing, so think like fries a, bone coats, gum boots, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, we need you to decode these because if I've read this prediction list of what I mean, like Pinterest, it's drunk. Okay.
Speaker 3: So the next trend I'm going to show you is castle core. What I want you to think about here is kind of whimsy tool medieval details but not to the extreme.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not a dress up party.
Speaker 3: No, you're not going to bring a sword, You're all good. And then also probably like silks and kind of velvet corseting details but not like courset.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm feeling it. So it's a bit sort of romantic and metal. I get it.
Speaker 3: The necklace I have on today castle core, right intricate detailing engravings that feel kind of vintage and like like it could.
Speaker 1: Be on a shield that you're fighting.
Speaker 3: Exactly like that. And we've got like a necklace like that. So brass, gold, laced up boots, all that kind of stuff in the romantic so you're thinking like whimsical and like kind of floaty. So I was doing a bit of research last night and I saw a lot of designers are taking inspiration from this kind of trend. Specifically, you know, John Paul Gautier and Isabelle Mornt are really pulling little details from it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. It's like romantic slash scary. Yeah, I want you to talk all things Pinterests from a user and from a professional social media person. Absolutely, How do you organize your Pinterest boards? I laughed there because I up until recently was just screenshotting them and keeping them in my phone. That's how old I am. But now I have boards I have like I've got a trip coming up, so I've got to look somewhat for that. I've got some jewelry boards of things I'm getting there. How do you organize your boards? And are they public or private?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: So, well that's a really good start what you're saying. So I actually don't do too many crazy boards. I have one for fat, one for jewelry, one for nails. Well, I guess I have quite a few. One for makeup, one for interiors, like that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: That's fine because I feel like if I file them into too many categories, I won't find them again exactly. So when I opened my fashion one, I don't know what I want to wear, so I want to see lots of different options exactly.
Speaker 3: I am so like that as well. You do not need to make them public at all. It doesn't impact how the algorithm works. It doesn't impact.
Speaker 1: It regularly, so you can just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: You can keep it to yourself.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: You can share it. What I do like doing is sharing it with actual specific friends. So if you wanted to share with your husband the jewelry that you've been pinning, you can just add him to it.
Speaker 1: So you could, you know, if you were trying to style all different color dresses for hens or something, you could share it with all the hens or whatever it may be. Friends of ours had a party recently where there was a joint forties and it was quite dressy and they had a dress code and it was really confusing. So they just created a Pinterest for it and just sent it around and I was like, oh my god, great, you know there's all the colors we need to work with. But there's dress the options, casual options on dressing person male and female. And then it was like, okay, that's the vibe, vibe yea, rather than words.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And it's so much like I mean, a picture says a thousand words. You know it does. Yes, it's a very centralized space because it understands who you are and what you like. I have never gotten onto Pinterest and looked at a photo and gone, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: No, me neither.
Speaker 3: It's actually the opposite, and it's concerning for my bank account.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I also do, which is quite a good tip, I do have two fashion boards, right, So I have a dream fashion board where I put like Carrie Bradshaw running through the street with like mismatched heels, all the things that I'm like aspirational, aspirational, and then I have the real life stuff where I'm like, okay, I could see myself wearing that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I have versions of those clothes exactly.
Speaker 3: And that makes sure that it keeps both of these kind of categories separated, so you're not going into Pinterest. So I will go shopping and then I'll go into my actual real life board.
Speaker 1: But when you open your whole Pinterest, it gives you a bit of both. Yes, so it's kind of helping you meld the aspirational you and the real you together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those two crossover sometimes. Recently one of my friends got engaged, so suddenly I'm thinking, Okay, I do actually need to buy quite a nice dress. Yes, and that's meshing over to my real lifeboard now.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then Pinterest does this thing where it will go into your boards and you can click more ideas.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just did that today research. It was so good and everything I was like, gues more of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, great, exactly. So this makes sure separating both of them that if you're looking for your real clothes, it will give you real life options. And that is probably my top tip.
Speaker 1: That's so clever, it's so good. Now live, when I'm scrolling Pinterest, usually I've searched something, say it was beige cross body bag because that's what I did yesterday for research, and thanks to you, I bought it. So then I'm seeing pictures of cool girls on the street whatever. Who is uploading those?
Speaker 3: So, like I said, a lot of people connect to their Instagram account to Pinterest, so then as soon as you post, they're posts gone.
Speaker 1: And then people repin, so that's how it gets really popular. Then there's ads, so brands obviously advertise on Pinterest. And because I've searched beige crossbody, she might like our bag. Yes, so I've seen the street style, I've seen the runway whatever, and then I've seen advertisers.
Speaker 3: Yes, so all meshes into each other as well as.
Speaker 1: Sometimes tricks me because I'm like, I like that street style, pick, I'll pin it and it takes me to their website. Yeah, but I'm not mad about it, I.
Speaker 3: Know, not at all. I mean, it's how I find a lot of the girls that I like following on Instagram because then I can just go straight to the source. You can click on the photo and then you go source and I'll take you to the Instagram pace.
Speaker 1: It's nice, but it's not a meta tool, is it.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But pines is just nice at sharing and letting you go cross platform or as meta doesn't want you to lead.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're very kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to get you on semi regularly to teach us how to use social media. But what's the general vibe for Pinterest. If there's someone listening that just thought it was photos of people or whatever. What can people find on Pinterest? You can find whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? All my friends make fun of me for this, but I have had a wedding pinteress board since I was like.
Speaker 1: Fifteen, and you're ready to go girl all the time. It's insane unpinned something that's no longer you.
Speaker 3: You absolutely can. And like the other day, I found my dream engagement ring and I was like, oh God, I wonder how much this is of eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But that's okay because we pin it and then we find the lux t less so we haven't made exactly and that's what I did. Okays, no, not yet. I love it. So any think that you want inspiration for. It could be a table setting, it could be an outfit, it could be a holiday yes, because I think also what I like it for. I'll type in Paris street Style and it'll show me what people are wearing on the streets of Paris and then I'm like, oh, okay, so it's that season or this season, or it's that cold when I'm going there, or that hot where I'm going somewhere, and it's almost like a street scape view but cool it is, and like we don't. I do it a lot for travel actually, because like I'm not going to lie to myself. A lot of the times when I go traveling, I want to get a good photo, Like I went to Berlin last year, and I'll look up Berlin and then.
Speaker 3: I'll go, Okay, we'll have to go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that photo.
Speaker 3: It's a good way to do that.
Speaker 4: To live.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel like I need to hire you as my personal person for all of this. Now we know how pinches kind of a mouth make the big trends, and it obviously knows me well. So my algorithm is different to yours. What if you're trying to find a style that isn't super generic. I like fashion, but I'm pretty generic. I could be a certain Pinterest board. You're eclectic, So how do you find those not everywhere pieces or tips or tricks or styling hacks or DIY. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely so. Like I said, Pinterest has literally everything you can think of. And one of the things that I also like finding on there a little like art projects and DIY projects. One of the big things that I've been pinning at the moment is how to beat your clothes, so you can add little There's this very famous Chanelle shirt that has a beaded car on it and people have been diying it, So that's kind of stuff, and.
Speaker 1: That how to info's on there, Yeah, and little infographics sort of you.
Speaker 3: Can click the photo and then all take you to a video of someone doing it on TikTok or on Instagram, right, and you can watch that. And that's the kind of stuff that I feel just adds a little bit with these trends as well. You can get sucked into it, but you can make it feel like you're own with these little things.
Speaker 1: Little tip so is pictures less about who you follow and just things you like to look at.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the algorithm works so hard. I don't think I follow anyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's not about who you follow. It's just you see something that resonates with you an image, absolutely, and you pin it somewhere and then it learns your aesthetic, whether that's food, fashion, beauty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a personal stylist. Seriously, it's actually magic. Like I don't know how they do it me neither, but now I want to go play on pin It's incredible and like adding little like I'm going to Japan in a few months.
Speaker 1: Take me with you. The thrifting, the thrifting.
Speaker 3: So excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what have you started pinning for Japan or looking at so they are?
Speaker 3: I mean the thrifting is incredible, right.
Speaker 1: So could you research Japanese thrifting on pintes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, and then you can find the photos and stuff. I actually did a lot of that. They do this thing that do you know on a super Tigers.
Speaker 1: Like of course I'm not that uncool. I have two pairs for those that don't know. They're very kind of iconic, very slim Japanese trainers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everywhere, and you're doing better than me. I don't have any so but that is until I go to Japan and they have a store where you can buy them, and then you can embroider them.
Speaker 1: With initial character picture.
Speaker 3: So they're obviously so trendy. Everyone loves the shoes, so.
Speaker 1: You'll have them from a holiday and they'll be so unique.
Speaker 3: And you can embroider them. I do a lot of embroidery too, just on my normal clothes. So if I feel like, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so cute and clever, and you can make it special. The average person at home is it about to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe every season, And you know Cozzi lives, So we want to fall back in love with the things we've gosh whether or not it's learning how to style or how to customize. So how can people use Pinterest on their phone and then turn around to their wardrobe and fall back in love or rediscover or tweak totally.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what you said with the khaki jacket. I would pick an individual item in my closet then maybe I haven't worn for a while, but I still really like maybe it's a denim jacket, I haven't been wearing them lately, and then I would just look it up. I'd look it up on Pinterest and I'd scroll through and if I find a photo that I like, if you click on it, you'll find one hundreds more that are like that photo. And you can just find inspiration in that sense, and like people are insane, like how they put some things together and the things that they think about, and it's incredible, like so cool. Without Pinterest, I don't think I could put together.
Speaker 1: Half of the outfits. Yeah, it's coming into autumn soon, so I'll just do autumn casual or autumn street style. None of them are wearing such out there things that I don't have something similar, so I'll be like, oh, I actually do like a beige or a cream Maxi skirt trends seasonally, but I would have never put it with that top. And you might just see people going into the season whether they're about to go in, and then you just go into your order and find something similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we're really lucky in Australia too because a lot of American creators will be creating content in that season as we go into it.
Speaker 1: And EU like Europe too, so they're kind of six months behind in the best way in that we're about to go into the season they've just finished.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for sales too, online.
Speaker 4: I know, so you can get heats of Inspira in that way.
Speaker 1: It's very expensive.
Speaker 3: How would are these five percent?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for Bougie and Budget my Friend Live and this week we are obviously still on the Pinterest train. So things that we've seen on Pinterest, maybe we've bought them, maybe we've been inspired by the look. Maybe we're on the wait list, so let's start with our bougies. I'll go first. You made me buy by Osmosis yesterday when I was researching a bag. It's an Australian brand called The Horse. I think we've talked about it on the show a really long time ago. I bought the Horse Clementine bag. It is oat pebbled leather. It's two hundred and sixty nine dollars. It's my bougie because someone was wearing it really cool, and so I went to go to that pin and then I ended up on their website and I was like, well, it's for research absolutely. So it's a little like Stunny. She's really cute. So it's a little bag that you can hold as like a hand bag. It is vibes, but then it can be a cross body so if you're traveling, and then it's got a little flat but not an annoying flap. You always have to open your flap to get into it. It's just funny, right, thank you. I like that, Oh, thank you a lot, because this research costs me two hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 3: And it's nice to see products like that in the wild.
Speaker 1: Well had heard of the horse but never been served it on Instagram. I never really discovered it and t so it goes to show that there's so much to discover there. What's your bougie?
Speaker 3: So my bougie is something I've already bought as well? No, yeah, three, No, it is a pair of pink Solomon's. Those sneakers. They're like hiking shoes, yes, but they're very cool and down. They're bright pink, is the I don't have the foot well sort of, but you know, like I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to google them live, Yeah, give them a Google. Oh god, yeah, they're bright pink. At these cool Now, they're pretty cool. Okay, I just got into them. Bloody New Balance. They're kind of chunky New Balance.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they're chunky New Balance, but they're so comfortable. They are three hundred dollars, which is a big spend, but they last forever, completely waterproof and they just kind.
Speaker 1: Of like go where there's so much water, Oh, just fishermen pouring all over the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what socks would you wear with this pink?
Speaker 3: Look? Honestly, with those, I probably would keep it to a plain sock.
Speaker 1: Okay, my budget is just because I really like the imagery. It's an Australian brand called Meshki. We've talked about it a lot, but I get served it so much on Pinterest because I obviously like their aesthetic and I just think they do really good images. Because you know, there's some retailers that just the model images are so daggy. Yeah, then you've got your zaras where she's hanging off a cliff upside downholding a dry cleaning and you're like, well, I can't see that, whereas Meshki just does cool. It's obviously in a studio most of the time, some of it sort of street style, and so I get served a lot of their stuff.
Speaker 3: Meshki is one of the best brands that I've seen using Pinterest. There you go. They always come up when I was looking for like wedding guest dresses.
Speaker 1: Well live, I shout, my wedding guest dress for your wedding. You have to get married and winter though. It's the Meshki Presley contrast knit off the shoulder. It's navy and cream. I don't know if the skirt's too cream for a white, you know, a wedding.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that looks beautiful. You can also dress that up and down. That's a very nice.
Speaker 1: Strit and it's one hundred and eighty nine dollars. I love Meshki, but I hadn't seen that until I was on Pinterest and I just got served so much of this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so good, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: What's your budget?
Speaker 3: My budget is a skirt that I've had to sign up for an alert from Verge Girl.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love ViRGE Girl. I get them a lot too, but I shop there a lot, so I assumed that their cookies are following me. Yeah, I don't even know what a cookie is. Can you come back and talk to us about that?
Speaker 3: I will, Yes, I can do that, but yeah, I'm the same. They follow me too, but I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 1: Neither follow me girl. I love your cookies. I know, what's the skirt like?
Speaker 3: We're going through a trend at the moment where we're wearing a lot of sheer skirts.
Speaker 1: We just the zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I am the world okay, well maybe just in my bubble.
Speaker 1: Well I wasn't sure because you're so much younger than me. If you meant like the cool people, But I do people.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this skirt is very sheer.
Speaker 1: I'll describe it because I have seen it too.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is the most stunning. It's quite glitzy. It's got a lot of sequence, very sheer and very shit.
Speaker 1: It's nothing like the Fisherman trend, except it does look quite naisty.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's probably giving a bit more castle core in the sense that it's whimsy cool and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I'm signing up for it too.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is so sheit. I would wear a little skirt under it, yes, or you can go oversized shirt, but I still.
Speaker 1: Have oversized shirt in winter, a big like long gray knit with a boot and having it.
Speaker 3: Just peek out.
Speaker 1: Oh my godfather. And would you wear your pink salmon shoes with this?
Speaker 3: Maybe not my pink salmon shoes.
Speaker 1: Would you wear a socc though, you would?
Speaker 3: I've got these leopard kitten hills very cool. I would do that.
Speaker 1: I love this look. I didn't find that on Pinterest, but I found it through you, and now I'm getting it. Yes, thank you for listening to Nothing to Wear. Don't forget to sign up to our Nothing to Wear newsletter. There's a link in the show notes. This episode was produced by Cassie Merritt, with audio production by Lou Hill.