Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast. Mamma Mere acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on out louders. If you're missing us and your weekly out loud routine, and of course you are, because why wouldn't you be, we wanted to let you know that over the summer we are still dropping episodes for Mamma Mia subscribers all holidays long. As a subscriber, you're going to get full access to out loud, including the back catalog of over two hundred and fifty subscriber only episodes, so that will keep you busy for a really long time when you want to avoid your family at all costs. Subscribe to MoMA Mia via the link in the episode description.
Speaker 2: Hello out louders, It is Jesse here, and do you remember in twenty twenty four when everyone in the world, and by everyone in the world, I'm in Holly May and I we're talking about the film A Family Affair, which starred Zac Efron and Nicole Kidman. We had a lot of feelings about this movie. We did a subscriber episode on it. We did a segment with some of the conversations that people were having. If you missed those conversations, we will pop a link in the show notes to this episode. But the point is Zac Efron, my twin sister Claire and I decided to deep dive into mister Ephron his career and yes, all of those rumors about his face on our podcast Canceled. Side note, Claire has actually met zac Efron and she has a very good story. So please enjoy this episode of Canceled, which is a lazy girl's guide to all bizarre celebrity cancelations.
Speaker 3: Enjoy, Hello, and.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Canceled, the podcast that looks at silly celebrity crimes and as science, charges and sentences so we can all get on with our lives. I'm Jesse Stevens and I'm joined by Claire Stephens. And Claire, do you have a lazy girl story for us today? I do it as a bit of a personal one, all right, Okay, it's not what happens when you haven't been through the well exactly. So we were on holidays recently, yeah, yeah, yeah, and we were traveling with an icon mum. Yeah, and Mum just had a line which I thought would resonate a lot with lazy girls everywhere. She was sitting on a couch when we were in the south of France, and she had a book in front of her. Yeah, and she said I could read, I want to read, Yeah, but I prefer to be on TikTok. And I just thought, Wow, that's it, isn't it. That's it. It's it, and it's not just about reading, it's about work. I think that a lot I got. I could be working, but I'd rather be on but I'd rather be on TikTok. And I thought, it's just one of those moments where somebody says the unsaid, she's a lazy girl. There is something really liberating about the other day. You know. I found myself with an hour and I thought, could exercise, could do laundry. How has messy got work to do? And I found myself intentionally walking towards my bedroom, getting into my bed and going, we're gonna have some TikTok to uninterrupted TikTok time. There was a meme going around that was like, oh, what's your bed time routine? These are the nine evidence based things that I've built into my routine. I followed the perfect nighttime routine. Welcome to my night routine. Well, it's ninety minutes of TikTok. Yeah, that's what it is. Nineteen minutes before I'm gonna go to sleep. I get up my phone and I start to scroll, and I lose myself and any sense of time. It's funny because I always say I'm not a routine person. I can't do routine. Well, the one part of my routine that doesn't labor it's before bed hours and I'm talking our hours. Yeah. Everyone says, oh, You've got time to excite. No, I don't. I'm busy. I don't have time. Well, because I got TikTok. Time very important, always and sacred.
Speaker 4: You are about to enter the canceled courtroom. The defendants are celebrities, the chargers are petty. The rulings are final.
Speaker 2: Today we're talking about zach Efron.
Speaker 4: This could be the start of something news. What a weird right, stars, Maybe the world could be.
Speaker 2: I just woke up and fucking jailed with a budget penises on my forehead.
Speaker 3: Frost before hose, right, yeah, man, junk before truck.
Speaker 2: Zachary David Alexander E. Froch. Such a hot night, sir. I challenge you to have another first name. Was born in nineteen eighty seven in California. In high school, Efron described himself as having been the class clown I believe it, and there he started singing lessons. He started acting in the early two thousands, and one of his first roles was one of the greatest medical dramas of all time. Er, here are some irrelevant and blurry images. Oh my god, he's on the tables. And then the second image is him with the doctor from are Yeah, they have recently reunited in the Iron Core because she was the mother in the Iron Clare. I know it's Oh my god, because in Iron Clare I was like, where do I know that woman. The turning point for zac Efron came in two thousand and six with a teen musical television film called High School Musical. This Something It Feels. So there's a controversy there, which we will get to. He then starred in Hairspray before doing High School Musical two, followed by I've Seen Every Zach Efron movie, No, followed by a High School Musical.
Speaker 3: Three, My Problem Is Wherever you Are.
Speaker 2: Some of his other movies include Bad Neighbors, You've Seen Bad, Bad, Number, too.
Speaker 4: You've seen that we are going to end the year with the most legendary rager of all time.
Speaker 2: I'm talking even bigger than last year's White Trash Bash. Have you seen Baywatch? Yeah? Oh yes, I actually think bay Watch is an excellent film. Really, I never watched it. Okay, The Greatest Showman. You've watched that? Most recently The Iron Claw. You've watched that.
Speaker 3: Ever since I was a child, people said my family was cursed.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to protect us with God tried to protect us with wrestling. And have you seen a family affair? Is that brand new? Yeah? You haven't seen on my Netflix. Y haven't say it yet? Okay, no, have not seen it. You can't animated films because we talk about an animated film with Zaki from but like you definitely haven't seen that something you failed to mention. Sorry, are you getting to it? What? Yes? Okay, shut up? Wait me meeting him? This is the next I couldn't give it in anymore. But before we get into it, Claire, I just wanted to make sure that you haven't heard any experiences that may prejudice the jury, like say, having met zach Efron or anything of that. I reckon. I've mentioned it on this podcast close through one hundred times. I did interview zac Efron as gut he was doing greatest Showman. I interviewed zach Efron and Zendia. Zach Efron is one of the most beautiful people I've ever sat opposite. Elaborate it's his eyes for me. And I went in and the eye contact, you know those people who they say like they have like a real presence, and eye contact did not take his eyes off me to the point what I walked out thinking, there's a love story that just blossomed between us. I didn't hear from him in the aftermath, so you thought he was very charismatic, very charismatic, funny. I'm trying to find the video on YouTube. Do you know, Oh, we should reach out the video because speaking of lazy girl, one thing that I never got my head around. I still don't get my head around. I'm quite oily in the face. Yeah, And it was a hot summer's day and I was nervous, and I went in and I did this interview and it looks like my face is dripping. It's the worst sucks because he would Ron and it's the worst because that clip went viral because some fan clipped it to say there was a moment of chemistry between Sendaya and between clearly the chemistry between me and him. I've seen the video of the body slam. Did you guys have any just really cringe worthy, embarrassing moment.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things about being a part of the musicals, that's you aren't ashamed of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something goes wrong, you have to get rid of the fear of looking stupid. Yeah, exactly, because if you live that way, you seriously will never get anything accomplished. But it's literally got millions of views, and there I am with the wettest face you do you've ever seen. Even my friends messaged me being like, why don't you put some powder on? And I was like, well, I didn't know. I was in a rush. I was in a rush. I was stressed. I was concentrating on my questions. But I think I've said on this podcast before, Yeah, zac Efron all the vibes, Ndaya not as much. Only she was very young and she was on her phone. She's on her phone. You didn't lie that where is Zach? And you were like, who even is a next minute next minute embarrassing. I like zac Efrom because I think it's sexy when he dances, and I thoroughly enjoyed The Greatest Showman. I also think he's funny. He was a real laugh and bad neighbors. Did you know that it's actually just called neighbors? Yes in America. Yeah, he's a fun guy, and I get that sense that he'd be a real fun person to her sense of him. My structure for today is as follows, High School Musical and an Awkward Truth, a condom and a red carpet, an altercation with a homeless man, the film New Year's Eve, making the worst serial killer of all time, sexually arousing, and finally face high School Musical and an Awkward Truth. In January two thousand and six, High School Musical debuts on the Disney Channel, and many say it's a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet Ah. The film became an enormous success with these young people with their singing and they're dancing. I remember I was sick one time and I was like, you know what I'm gonna do. Watch a high school musical and it's great. It was really great. I've never watched it. It's the music for me. Well, it's not zac Efron's voice. What that's Drew's voice, which begs the question, who the fuck is Drew? Drew, Yes, not Zach's voice. Drew Seeley is a lovely young man who loves to sing. He's been in some musicals and some television and movies. But Zac everyone can sing. Zac Efron can sing, So why didn't they use his voice? Well, I'm getting okay. Sorry, I'm just Okayron said later in an interview in the first movie, after everything was recorded, my voice was not on them. I was not really given explanation. It just kind of happened that way. Unfortunately, it put me in an awkward position. It's not something I expected to be addressed. Then high school musical blew up. I'm very fortunate that Drew has gotten proper credit, and also that I've gotten the opportunity to come back and try it again with my own voice. He's very talented. I consider myself a regular kid that can carry a tune. The party line is that Efron is a baritone. Baritone is quite low. Yeah, and all of Troy Bolton's songs I've written for TENA, which is high. Yeah, of course, so Efron couldn't hit those notes. What's cruel is it? Drew tried out and he missed it. Yeah, Drew's pretty proud. I've read some interviews with Drew and I'm going to say that when I went to Drew's Wikipedia, I'm not being mean, but his most recent achievements are like web series, So I just don't feel like he's Dak Cavron. He did, though, and he'll have, you know, help with the lyrics for get your Head in the game the game. But then I went and looked up lyrics he gets to. It's very get you in the game. It's very gets your head. It's gets your head in the game. I gotta I gotta get my head in the game. Do you think he helped with the lyrics get your head in the game. Maybe he changed it from get your head in the game to get you because that is it's officially gets your head in the game. And it was I think it was nominated for an Emmy or something. Oh wow, yeah, yeah, Andrew saying it. Efron did sing in the next two movies. There's ship between Fron and Drew. I'll say that there's tension because Drew's like, well, I didn't see Efron a lot because I was there when he wasn't there make that lip sincing so good? I know it's not not a thing. So it happened during the Olympics, and there was like this person who was like the voice of the Olympics when it was in China, and she was remarkable, but it wasn't her voice. She had like star power, but she didn't have the chops to pull it off. That's what's so remarkable about saying Nicki Webster is that you know, she was Nicky Webster and plus vocals. And with Zach, I think Drew was a few years older as well, and so he was like, I would have looked weird next to Vanessa Hudgens, And I'm like, yeah, that's maybe what all. Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Zach Efron drew.
Speaker 2: A condom and a red carpet. It's twenty twelve and twenty four year old Zac Efron is on the red carpet for the premiere of his film Claire. Have you seen this the Lorax? No is that animated?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's why because I sorry, I'm gonna need to see Yeah, I'm going to the movie's to see him. I'm gonna need to see you. Yeah, And as an aside, in that movie, he lends his voice to a twelve year old, so he's kind of playing a twelve year old, but he's twenty four.
Speaker 4: So, mom, do you happen to know if there's like any place where I could get a real tree?
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's trying to pose with his hands in his pockets. He's got like a cool pose and like sunglasses on and stuff. He's looking good. Skinny Jean's absolutely height of the Skinny Jean's moment, and he can't quite fitty his hands him. I was gonna say out loud, probably because he has a big dick, but I decided against it. So do you think he'd have a big dick? I think he'd have a lovely love would be lovely. But his pants, Yeah, there's just a lot going on, you know what. Rather than that, I think it's actually got a beautiful bottom. He's got a booty. Yeah, he's got a booty. So he can't get his hands in, so he empties his pockets and he kind of goes and gives it to the usher, like, oh, I should just take outlets in my pockets. And as he does that, something falls out onto the orange carpet and it is a silver like an aluminium square, and it is a condom or as Americans say, condom, a condom, a condom. The condom drop happened with this movie poster in the background. Please describe the movie poster. Doctor zeuses the law axe and it's like it's it's from the creators of Despicable Media, and it's clearly for children. Is for children, you see, it was a children's movie and their twelve year old had just dropped a condom mmmm, of the orange so that he didn't catch chlamydia. I would assume this is irrelevant, that is it. There was someone else who voiced in that film, and it was Taylor Swift, And all I'm saying is that when he had a condom in his pocket, mmm, who was he going to use it on? Okay, well, so my theory here that was one hundred percent a pr stunt. Claire actually brought the video to show you because I want you to tell me whether you think this is on purpose or not, because the more I watch it, the more I think it is genuinely an accident. Okay, all right, because it's very hard to act taking things out of your pocket and just dropping one of the thanks here we go so we can see him. He's just on the red carpet. He's then like, al right, I'm going to get these things. And I got some wet receipts, maybe some lip bum, maybe a coin or two. And he's handing it to the usher and something's just strapped on the floor. He's very quickly picked it up, put it back in his pocket and needs that. And now he is mortified. He's putting sunglasses on, he's breathing deeply, he's covering his mouth, he's looking the other way and laughing. He is and I do think he's a brilliant actor. But that is an A grade. I guess you could interpret it either way. I mean, oh, I think it didn't hurt his career. Let's just say that, because he's like, I, you know, it's very I have sex. Okay. That's what I was gonna say. Is you know when you're young, like in high school, and everyone's like, oh no, my my condoms are falling out of my wallet. Yeah, and it's like okay, even no answer, and you're obsessed with your own erect paints. It's very that, which is weird because he's twenty four, Like that's a little bit old. Yeah, but it's very when you're sitting around with your friends and everyone's like, let's plea leg Never have I ever's threesome?
Speaker 3: I have? Like it's that.
Speaker 2: It's very that. So after the law Axe, he went on to play roles where he was actually an adult, like The Lucky One and Bad Neighbors. I've seen the Lucky One is excellent. He returns from war. I believe that's a Nicklas bar and okay, you know who's in the Lucky One is the woman who ended up being the main woman. You know? Interesting, well said, So the question is in this was he saying I need condoms because I use my penis sexually. I'm an adult man with an erection. Yeah? Is that what I represent? And I reckon it was very like, I'm not a Disney star anymore. Yeah, see I did a condom. What do you use condoms for? My dig nice an altercation with a homeless man. There comes a point in every Disney star's career where they have an altercation with a home In twenty fourteen, Efron reached that moment. So he's in the skid Row area of Los Angeles. Yep. I've seen that on keeping up with the car. It has one of the largest stable populations of homeless people in the US, and the police are called. They have one story. Efron has a slightly different one. I'll start with the police. The police reported that the fight started after midnight when Efron threw a bottle out of the window of his car, which shattered right near a group of homeless people. Efron was ultimately punched in the face, and police found him and his bodyguard fighting with several homeless men under an overpass. No one was arrested because it was considered mutual combat, and one source described Efron as heavily intoxicated. Efron says him and a friend were searching for something to eat downtown and they ran out of petrol, so he had to pull over. He said, a homeless guy or vagrant tapped on the driver's side window. Before I knew it, my friend was out of the car. They started fighting. I saw the homeless man was carrying some sort of knife or shank, and I got out of the car to disarm him. He said that being punched in the face was the most terrifying moment in his life. Interestingly, it was around this time that Efron decided to get sober and he completed a stint in rehabs the drug and alcohol abuse interested. I did not know that. Yeah, Yeah, he kind of disappeared for a little while, and he's spoken a fair bit about it, like how all the things that you get offered and struggling with addiction and going to AA and that sort of thing. I'm not happy with that story. I don't believe that you just happened to run out of petrol in front of a homeless person. I think he went to start a fight or somebody he was with. My thing is always, oh, okay, we pulled over to get something to eat. What was after midnight? Had you donner? Yeah? You go through drive through macas after midnight? Everyone knows that. Yeah, like what we're looking for. And he's like, oh, we couldn't find somewhere to eat the mate, it's twelve thirty. Yeah, everyone's closed. Let at you watch go home and have some toast. Yeah, like everyone else. The film New Year's Eve. We've spoken at length on this podcast about the twenty ten film Valentine's Day. It famously starred every Jennifer and Hollywood two Jessica's a Julia, two tailors. I could go on, but so New Year's Eve. What we haven't spoken about enough is the poor cousin of Valentine's Day, Bradley Cooper Bradley Cooper twenty eleventh film, utilizing the exact same formula by this point, to the extent to which everyone just wanted to make love actually, but no one could. No Americans couldn't. No, no, no, no, Can you just throw another name that was in Year's eight?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Who just can you remember? It's a real strange mishmatch. I'll tell you that. That's what I mean. That's why it's kind of hard, because by this point I think the actors in Valentine's Day had realized Jennifer Garner, no that, I think the actors in Valentine's Day had realized that something terrible had happened, and they refused to ever work on a project again that claimed to be like love actually but actually because of Valentine's Date, sat around a table and said, through Britchard teeth, there are some actors left there are some did any crossover? Yeah? Okay, and so came near ef two actors crossed over. I'll show you this image. Just start yelling out and I guess who crossed over, and then you have to tell me who crossed over. Okay. So New's Eve has Jessica Biel did she do that? Yeah, yep, okay. We've got Sarah just car Parker, yeah, uh, Catherine Heigel interesting, she was picking up scraps. Ashton cicture. Some of them I can't name, I just know their faces. You got a Hillary Swang, Robert de nirot, Josh dem he was with the chick from the Black Eyed Peas for a moment. Who else Liam Michelle, Hillary Swank? Perhaps? Who else crossed over Ashton? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay and right in the middle that game backy boy. Yeah. The plot is that it follows several couples and singles in New York City over the course of New Year's Age. I was on the IMDb page and it said award nominations, so I clicked read the award of nominations. Worst Actress Sarah Teska Parker, Worst Director, Gary Marshall, Worst ensemble the entire cast, Worst picture and worst screenplay. Yeah, how an achievement, Claire. The film is terrible and I loved every minute. I actually think and I will die on this hill. That front was a standout. Yeah. Can you remember the best scene in the movie. You can, you can, it's just below the surface. Sorry, I was just thinking about the other which is excellent. I'm sorry, but he picks excellent films, excellent film, great mixture. I remember watching that movie and being like, you really captured like a relation, Like there's a little bit of funny. After the movie ends and the credits roll, we just get to watch Zach dancing. Do you remember this? He kisses Michelle Feiffer? How are you doing? Twice your age? Final resolution? Didn't I kiss on?
Speaker 4: Who you see?
Speaker 2: Check it off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention is in it, which just says everything about the cast. Share the poster. You know it's a big movie, when oh, yeah it is. No, she doesn't look okay, yeah yeah. And there's a lot of people that are vaguely famous, so I don't know the name. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna shaw this thing. Okay, yeah, I forgot yes, yes, yes, yes, okay, right right, turn off the lights. We're gonna lose ours night. What's the dearly top me to me feeling okay. The thing about zach Efron dancing is he commits, ah, he commits a hundred and a million percent and he goes such a good dance. This is a routine and you can actually imagine him in the club. You can imagine him in the club. He dances like Travis Kelcey be the hottest person club. In fact, in Iron Clare, did you notice that there's a scene where he dances at his wedding and it's just fifteen seconds his contract, He's on, I'm a great dancer. So in every contract for every movie there has to be a dance break. It stole the film for him, so everyone leaves going terrible film, great dance. I really liked that Raise a glass, Yes, that was fun. That was fun at the end, and it goes through the whole cast and it's like and Michelle fire for is like, you know, over the age of forty, so she's basically got a walking stick. Then it's like, how lucky is she that Zack Efron is doing a jig in front of her and so sexy. It was just a high for him because he wasn't playing a four year old, his voice isn't dubbed, he wasn't dropping a condoct making the worst serial killer of all time. Arousing Keefron is hot, beautiful, sexy, and as aforementioned arousing. Ted Bundy was an American serial killer who kidnapped, raped, and murdered dozens of young women and girls in the nineteen seventies. He confessed to thirty murders, but the true number is not known, and in twenty nineteen, director Joe Berlinger, who is fascinated by Bundy, released a film called Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile, starring zac Efron as a serial killer. It took me over a decade to look at this pho. Now what happened to her head?
Speaker 1: She was still positive in the woods to animals could have conceivably done something like animals don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not a bad guy seeing it saying it. Efron was also a producer. Talk to me about it because I haven't seen it. Actually, you haven't seen it. No, you've actually seen it every day every day. No, it's good. Well, there was a lot of criticism. You recall the criticism at the time No, that was everywhere, I remember, everywhere wrote an opinion piece, and it was summed up by the Washington Post, who said the film failed to distance itself from the glorification of Bundy. The point was, according to critics, that Bundy was hot, so no one could believe he would be capable of such a barrn crime. But like, yes, and that was the vibe of the film, but that was also the vibe of Ted Bundy in real life. Yes, But their point was that the film was therefore unable to do justice to the sheer volume of horror, and that the fact he was hot in ordinary and blah blah blah, it was like the dominant narrative at the time. It was like it was broadcast and all these women were looking at it, going, look, he's gorgeous, blah blah blah. It's like you're telling the same story we've already heard. Rather than doing any justice to any of his victims, I know what they mean, we moved past him. Yeah. Efron's performance was criticized because he didn't possess the malice required and it sort of just perpetuated the stereotypes that the press did during the Yeah, like he got the whole part right. Yeah. But actually, even even when I think about it, I don't even know if they showed the violence and the horror. No, I don't think they did. No, it was more like he's a normal guy who lives with his wife. I see dick part. Yeah, if you had a relative that was killed by Ted Bundy, you'd be few, you'd be like, Yeah, it was very like he's a new heart throat film. By the way, beat dubs it's Ted Bundy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Read this tweet. It's a picture of zac Efron. Look, I actually didn't think he was his hottest in this he was playing Ted Bundy. No, no, but it just wasn't really his style. Like his hair was like curled and he had bow ties and stuff. It's a tweet that says, Hi, I'm Ted Bundy and you're watching Disney Toad. It's a confusing pivot. It's a confusing pivot. This very much is what the vibe was. Read that tweet, I feel so bad for the families of the victims that have to sit there and see their terrors revived as a witty, romantic thriller. Yeah, and then read this tweet down the bottom Ted Bundy rapes murders and estimated one hundred sex workers and child Y're but we need to see his charismatic side. Oh my god. Plus he was so hot. Yeah, okay that and look I looked at images of zac Efron next to Ted Bundy, and I know it isn't the point of the podcast, but it's just just Ted Bundy wasn't hot. Absolutely no resemblance. I mean, but then again, that happens with like generations, I know, but I just think we've really over egged how hot Ted Bundy wash. I've often thought that. Anyway, I sort of agree with you that Twitter missed the point a little bit. Like the film was obviously meant to contrast the charisma and the ordinariness with what the guy did. And zac Efron was a producer, so he knew what he was trying to do, and obviously it was a career pivot he was stepping out of, like you know, he'd done New Year's Eve, Yeah, and he needed to go and he done game. I'm going to be a serious actor. Yeah, who should I play Ted Bundy? Yeah, I'm going to play ten and so but we've kind of but the problem is that he was too sexy, which is that his fault? Maybe? Sorry? Speaking of him being a serious actor, the wrestling movie Dying Claw, He's gonna win award. Oh, it's so brilliant. He's just so excellent a great actor. He'll be even I go, you were great then, yeah, but mark my words, he'll be winning an Academy Award in the next few years. Not for a Family Affair. Finally, his face. There's a movie out on Netflix called a Family Affair.
Speaker 3: Because I can't play a blind alcoholic.
Speaker 4: It goes against my iconography.
Speaker 3: My eyes are too pretty to not be on camera.
Speaker 2: I told you we'd see your eyes. Starring Nicole Kidman, Joey King, Claire, can you please remind the Council courtroom who Joey King is the ex girlfriend of Jacob Aldie. Oh, yes, you're gonna say gypsy gypsy ros. But from the kissing booth, la la lah, they have history. We need to do a big mind map of all the connections in between them. And of course Zach I watched five minutes and Luca made us turn it off. But I have saved my place and shall be returning in bright Okay. That often happens with your partner, doesn't it. You go yeah, yeah, it's terrible. Yeah, we won't And then I'm like, you go on out this week, I've got a movie to watch. The headline about this film, which has a thirty nine percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which makes me want to say more. Is zach Evron's face right, folks.
Speaker 1: Zach Efron's jaw is making headlines again.
Speaker 2: It's different. People on the internet say his face shape has changed considerably. You can see in The Iron Claw as well, his jaw is more square and his lips appear fuller, and everyone's yelling you messed up your face and sharing mean comparisons and saying that they feel personally victimized. And it's like, I don't know, maybe you need to go for a walk. Okay, Dutch some grass touch. He's still hot. Though he's still hot in Iron Claw, I just think he's okay. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One has actually addressed his changing face. He says that back in twenty thirteen, he was running through his house in socks and he tripped and fell on his fountain because there was a puddle of water. This is a court room, so we need to properly prosecute this story. I started by googling granite fountain, okay, because I needed a visual. This is what came up on Google. Wat. I mean, this is an outdoor fountain. But yeah, that's what I was gonna ask. Was I was talking about an indoor It's an indoor fountain, and it's indoors at his home. Yes, why does he have an indoor found? He has addressed that and he said, it's pretty cool. I have an indoor found, so he knows that's not the knot. But he does have an indoor fountain. But then what I did is I tried to find an image of the granite fountain inside his house. And I could find his house like as in the one that he'd bought or whatever. But I think he might have installed the granite fountain after he purchased it, because I couldn't see an image. Okay. Now I've got some comments about the fall, specifically the socks and the water. I have slept in my house wearing socks on floorboards, on tiles, lots of situations. You know, a bit of water when you get out of the shower, slip slip, but when you're wearing socks when you step in wet Okay, yes, yes, okay. There are two different ways to slip. One is socks, dry floor, the other is no socks, wet floor. That's they are the two ways. If it slip on a granite mountain, yeah, And what I'm confused about is if you personally have ever slipped on water and socks. Okay, what I will say. No I haven't, but this is what I will say. And we've talked about this before. When you get an injury, you somehow I hit my head the other day, like a little while ago, full banged my head, huge egg on my head, full bruise. I had to call the paramedics. Whenever you have an injury as an adult and have to explain how it happened, it sounds weird. Sounds like a lie. There's never a time when what you were doing leading up to them to make makes sense. So me and my partner were walking home from dinner. It was five pm. Yeah, So the paramedics are like, sorry, you're walking at dinner at five pm? Sounds like a lie. We have a baby, right, so things are weird. So you had dinner at four yeap, yep, And it's like, why were you walking down this street. It's not a logical way to walk to our house. And then I think I had maybe luberta concussion. I was like, oh, we were going to Messina all right after our four thirty pm dinner, okay, And there's just a lot of moving parts like, yeah, why were you It sounds like you're covering. Yeah, it sounds like it sounds like you've fallen to distract from a drug bust. Yes, And it's like were you drinking? And it's like it does say I should have been drinking. Fair, fair, fair question, and no. No, I am just very odd And every time I've injured myself, I've thought that. So in zac Efron's defense, the weirder the story, the more I actually believe it. Yeah, but I feel like I'm with him on falling on the granite fountain. Yeah. I just wonder if, in order to make it believable, he's gone slippery and then he's gone I'm going to add some slippery details. But the two slippery details, it's like two positives equal and negative. I think maybe there was water. Yeah, he doesn't realize that's not what he slipped on. What did he slip on? Just the normal floor, okay, or he actually wasn't wearing socks. Yeah, he's just got confused. Yeah, Well, he was struck unconscious and when he woke up, his chin was hanging from his face, and I googled whether hitting your chin can make you unconscious because I also want more. Does that check out? No, definitely it does. Skull bones going up. Yeah, he had to have his mouth wide shut and he needed lots of stitches as a result of breaking his jaw. Zach said that his other facial muscles, namely the mass te which are used for chewing massad mass I'm sorry, what was you know why I know it because people talk about getting massive botox. Ah, that's the only context is that I've seen TikTok videos of people talking about massa okay, grinding. It's the muscles that are used for chewing. And the reason that people want botox for their grinding is because it will make your jaw look bigger. So if you grind or if you like overuse those muscles, it can change the shape of your jaw. And basically what happened was because it was wired shut and he was like grinding, like he had his teeth shut. The idea is that it had kind of overcompensated and his massaters grew to be really, really big, and he was meant to be doing physio, but then he had another project he had to go and work on, and he didn't do the physioproperly, and apparently it grew and grew. I googled it because I was like, well, can that happen? And yeah, it can. So if this is a lie, like a PR team has got a doctor involved and asked a lot of questions. Seems a bit funny to be defending him because women's appearance is always torn apart, and how often do we talk about women ruining their faces with plastic surgery or whatever. But I do think it is never appropriate to say that, and it is sad because it was an injury in a family affair. Zac Efron Actually he references he's due, But I'll tell you there's another story. He's saying he fell over on set. No mention of a granite film.
Speaker 3: I did, really, Yeah, where that's right here?
Speaker 1: I fell on swet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I see it. It's a brookings. Okay, that's because it's in a script. I just think that if we're gonna go with our sockshoe wet story, provide more details through feeling exactly exactly if we're going to provide a detail through film. It felt like he had to acknowledge it because people are going to talk about the face. And he was like, no, I've had an accident. I lost my chin on found No, no, no, But he talks about a scar. Yeah, he says he nearly died. It was very very serious. It's very traumatic for him. We shouldn't be laughing. Stop, Claire. It is time for charges and sentences on the socks. We need to know how wet because there's a point at which obviously socks are made of fabric, and we know that the fabric can cause resistance which helps us to not fall in wet. But were they so wet that has just become foot You've taken a few steps and your sock has soaked through, so that your sock is no longer sock in terms of purpose. Exactly, there's no friction left. We're just slipping around, Yeah, which I can see how you would slip. I have another question in regards to this, Like we're in a courtroom, your zac Efron, and I'm just trusting questions. It's just my job. Why the wet? Why the wet? Yes, so you have a granite fountain. Love that fear it was from the fountain? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's he fountain leaking. Yeah, it was leaking, and it wasn't leaking. The problem with having a fountain inside is that often water does splash from the fountain into the outside. Zach Efron, do you have a help? Yeah, they were sick that day. I just feel as though if I'm zac Efron, I'm not mupping up my own floor. I feel as though there's a guy. Well, I think the surprise you pay for having a fountain indoors, it's why I've not done it, because I don't want wet. Yeah, there is another feature of a lie. Again, I'm just asking questions where we give a few too many details. Right, he didn't trip over a fountain. He tripped over granite mountain. It wasn't just any socks.
Speaker 3: It was wet.
Speaker 2: That's also those details, the details that you think is that relevant also a feature of the truth. That's interesting, but a strange. It's like when I'm lying about why I'm sick from whack, I'm taking a photo of my vomit, right, Like, I'm really over providing on evidence. And I just wonder if he had truly fallen, would he say I stipt at home it was an injury. I'd like a picture of the granite fountain, okay, and I'd like to know where it happened. I don't know. I feel like if you were chatting to a friend about how you injured yourself, sometimes you do provide just a few details. Yeah, okay, so you believe me? Yeah? I think I believe him too. And was that saying truth is stranger than fiction? Oh wow then yeah bo yeah, yeah, yeah, weird of the story, the more true. I'm going to go first in the charge. I need to talk about New Year's Eve. I saw that because he was in it, and that was one hour and fifty three minutes of my life I'm not getting back. And storylines that don't involve him so many Yes, it's like I'm just over here. What was his watching Bloody Robert de Niro? If ione to watching Robert de Niro film, I'd watch literally any other one. Yeah, I need to watch him in New Year's Eve? What is zac Efron's storyline in that? I think he's pursuing Michelle Pfeiffer, older woman, and she's like, I'm older than you. That's kind of hot. It took too long to get to the dancing scene as established, and there's actually another crime which breaks the rules of court because you shouldn't bring up new evidence in the ruling. Or maybe that's debating, can't be clear. Yeah, remember a few years ago he came to Australia and he started dating a girl.
Speaker 3: In Byron Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could draw a photo of her from memory. That pissed me off, okay, because it was like, well, now maybe you are within reach, like you're literally just over the plane trip, cheeky ten hour drive from where I'm sitting right now to zak Efron, And like I know the cafe where she was working that she met him, and it's like I could have been at that cafe. I could have worked there. Yeah, so we're dating Australians now, Yeah, could have let me know and then within ten years of my age. And then I thought, so, if we were open to dating everyday goals, how about when I met you? Yeah, and why didn't we flag that so that a few of us could get a shot? Good? Because it nearly ruined my relationship with my husband, the father of my child. It did, yeah, because I went, all right, there's a chance that the man from high school, musical man in bad neighbors, who I think is a real laugh and does a sexy dance in Newar's Eve. He's just over there. It's just picking up girls, just looking for love. He could dance just for me, and he likes the Australian accent. Apparently that relationship did end. It did end because she wasn't right, Oh, because you're right, okay, yes, yes, but he was getting warmer my sentences. I'll forgive any film if he dances at the end. And that's what I learned from New Year's Eve, which brings me to Ted Bundy. Oh he needed a little there was a film missing a dance, or if a dance feels inappropriate, the film's not for you, Zach.
Speaker 1: Said.
Speaker 2: Well said, so maybe that's a good test, litmus test. Ted Bundy isn't playing to your strengths. Whereas, look, I don't condone anything Ted Bundy did. Bad guy. I'm on the record of saying that. But zac Efron dancing even as Ted Bundy I ould have watched it, okay, and I wouldn't mind. Just as the credits roll. Okay, it made sense in the wrestling movie for him to do a dance. It could make sense for Ted Bundy to do a little hip hop. Okay, do a break dance. That's fine. Old Wait, Claire, what's your charge? My charge is doing things that aren't playing to his strengths slash talents. Okay, so when we take on a role that isn't You're a triple threat, mate, so you're dancing acting yeah yeah, and your faith and your face for your quadruple threat. And so I want things that really play to that. So for example, wrestling movie, I exclusively refer to it as wrestling movie. I don't know the name. It's called the Iron Claw. It was so good. Same with the Greatest Showman. I think that that was some of zach Efronitty's best because he could triple threat yeah, singing, dancing, kissing, yeah, zendaat, et cetera. There wasn't enough singing dancing in Ted Bundy. And another way that he's not playing to his strengths. It's when all these drugs and alcohol and homeless man encounter boys stop that no that's not playing to your strengths. Well, he had a moment he said, I've learnt from it. Yeah that was ten years ago. Well, I'm glad he's off the drugs and hour so you can focus more on his skills. Yes, well, no sentence. Zach Efron needs a TikTok where he dances. I don't understand why his people haven't set that up. Yeah, genuinely quit everything else, mate, and just dance on TikTok. Should he do like a jojo Siwakoma? No, because I get the ick that would be ikey. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but just I want more dance, access to more dancing. I think he's trying to move away from that is a sense I get from the eye. Oh yeah, it'd be taken seriously. Yeah yeah yeah, him and Timothy Shall and I can do a dance together. Oh oh, anyway, So I need more dancing, and TikTok is a lovely accessible way for me to get it. I love that. Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of Canceled. The executive producer of Canceled is Toelyssiberzazz, with audio editing. Bye tom Lyon we are gonna post the pictures Ted Bundy what he looks like, a picture of a granite moountain that now exists in my phone, and and that video of him dancing at the end of mm Onto, The Twins underscore thoughts on Instagram, and if you have a lazy girl story then please send it through to podcasts at mummea dot com dot au. We will be back next week.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Before we go. If you are looking for something else to listen to, then I have fantastic news because someone I know, Claire Spoiler, it's you just did a whole season of h chart topping podcast called but are you happy? All the episodes are now available and you can go and listen to them. Claire, what are some of the highlights from the season you've just done. It's weird that you're not taking the piss out of me, so it's just an awkward dynamic right now. But some of the people I've interviewed for this season are media personality Laura Burt, musical theater star Rob Mills, Olympic gold medalist around Tipmas, comedian Josh Thomas. We've got Brooke Blurton. We've got actress and Gowerie Rice, who is in Mean Girls, and there are just so many fascinating conversations on this season about what happens when you get everything that you want and how it doesn't feel how you would think it feels. We talk about people who would trade what they have in terms of success for something else that they feel is missing in their lives, to talk about jealousy, regret, me mental health, mental health. And it's a season that I think everyone will find something that resonates with them. You haven't referenced the biggest endorsement of this season, I said, chart topping. I think Apple chose it as one of their best podcasts last year, but that means nothing in comparison to the endorsement You've got, which was from one Anne Stevens, who did share the Rob Mills episode just with the two words He's gorgeous. Okay, okay, I just got the hots for Rob Mills. Yeah she does, which is like, I mean, I ambushed him and he came in, and I think there was an ambush. Yes, not appropriate. I yelled, you're my husband, yeah, which isn't. He's engaged, Yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: YEA.
Speaker 2: The last season, Your Bloody interviewed his fiance, so it's just all getting very awkward. If you want to hear that awkwardness Claire blowing up a future marriage, then listen to the later season of But Are You Happy. There is a link in the show note. Thank you so much for listening to our canceled episode all about zac Efron. Let us know. Do you think charges our sentences were fair? You can let us know in the mummea outlouders Facebook group. We hope you enjoyed listening to that, and if you did, then there are plenty more episodes of Canceled. You can go and search canceled in your favorite podcast feed and you will find lots and lots of episodes. There is a link in our show notes, and of course for Mummere out Loud. Holly Meyer and I will be back in your ears very soon