Speaker 1: Said you're listening to Amma Mia podcast. Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on. Whoever said orange is a new pink with seriously disturbed laurels were spraying groundbreaking? Oh my god, you have to do it.
Speaker 2: You live for fashion.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Nothing to Wear the podcast. It solves fashion problems and levels up your wardrobe. It's that time of year again, Copenhagen Fashion Week. I know you all think we're obsessed here at Mamma Mia, and that's because we are. The street star looks as well as the runway looks at Copenhagen are refreshing and different and really inspiring and a great way to go through your own wardrobe and try something different. So joining me again today is Lycinda Pakat. She was on the show a little while ago and you guys loved her insider tips and insights. So she's going to help me dissect what we saw last week at Copenhagen Fashion Week, both on the runway but mostly what the people wearing on this streets and how we can translate it to our own wardrobes. Let's do it. Listen to welcome back. You were last on and we talked about what makes a brand cool and that was so phenomenal. So I'm excited to talk to you about Copenhagen. Copenhagen. I don't want to get it wrong fashion.
Speaker 2: We're having a debate here, I do. I'm going to stick to covid Hagen.
Speaker 1: I Copenhagen. That's the Australian twang of it.
Speaker 3: I think I's flavor on the Aussie twang.
Speaker 2: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: But before we get into it, I ask returning guests two questions. Do you have a style news and if so, who and why.
Speaker 2: My style news would probably be my day to day style resonates most with or I try and make it resonate with Princess Diana. I'm obsessed with her style because I do lean more towards like.
Speaker 3: That sporty aesthetic.
Speaker 2: I naturally gravitate to the looks that we've seen her wear with the bike shorts and the big jersey, and that just suits my lifestyle with dropping the kids at school and going to the gym. So I do try and emulate Princess die But right now, I'd say looking at sort of trends and what's happening looking into spring and summer and the trends that are coming up. I do love Siena Miller, and that, like boho vibe is sort of what I'm getting into. Now, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: The Princess Die thing. As soon as you said it, I was like, yes, you nail that.
Speaker 3: Well. Every time I look at you.
Speaker 1: On Instagram and you were in cool, like sporty lux vibes, I'm like, I just could not do that, but I love that you pull that off. Now, second question is, tell me about a memorable purchase. It might be a big impulse purchase that you could regret or that you are glad you made, or something that you saved up for, but a really memorable purchase or item that you but that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Really buy luxury designer hambags anymore. I've sort of stopped alling that. And if I'm going to invest in a piece, it'll be a piece of jewelry. And I'm not talking You're Cartier bracelet or your Tiffany's. I'd go and get a bespoke piece made. Recently, I got one made with my daughter's birthstone, so that on a necklace in some gold, so something like that that has it's personal, it means something, it's custom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not gonna be ripped off all over Timo in five minutes.
Speaker 2: And you're not paying a huge mark up for these luxury brands.
Speaker 1: It's so true. And I think you know, custom jewelry can be really expensive, but there's some affordable ways to do it. When I say affordable, it's still a forever piece, but it's you're right, you're not paying twelve grand for a bangle that everyone's got or everyone's got the cost.
Speaker 2: So true, like you dictate the price, whatever your budget is, you give to them and then they can go away and make something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love it all right. We're here to talk about Copenhagen. Their fashion week just happened last week, and I want you to tell us first, why is Copenhagen Fashion Week suddenly relatively suddenly on the radar when it used to kind of be your New York's, your London, Milan, Paris.
Speaker 2: That's rightly, like, it's strange that such a like little old Copenhagen has suddenly been up there with the big four.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you've got the Big four, but.
Speaker 2: There's actually like eighteen other fashion weeks going around the world that people don't really know about. We've obviously got Australian Fashion Week, There's New Zealand Fashion Week in a couple of weeks, there's Oslo. There's all these ones happening.
Speaker 1: And suddenly I'm a bit about Dubai every now and then. Maybe that's because I was researching a holiday the out of the rhythm.
Speaker 2: But it's funny that Copenhagen has really shot up and is one to watch and it's got eyeballs on it and I love it. I'm obsessed with Copenhagen every year. I get excited for Spring summer in particular, and I think it's two things that comes down to that make it.
Speaker 3: So special and interesting.
Speaker 2: Yes, one is they've got this huge sustainability element. So the CEO, Cecilia ros Mark, she's been in the role for maybe six years.
Speaker 1: But CEO of the fashion week, CEO of Copenhagen Fashion. I don't think people really realize that these things are business in and of themselves all year round.
Speaker 3: Right Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Copenhagen started in two thousand and six, which.
Speaker 3: Is relatively new.
Speaker 1: That is quite new, so a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the other big ones Milan, Paris, whatnot. They sort of started in the eighties nineties, so it's a fresh Copenhagen Fashion Week away. Cecilia has been working on sustainability and how brands are required to bring x amount of well they need to be sustainable in order to show at fashion week. And this isn't just like oh, let's hope you can do it and tick a box. You have to hit a minimum of eighteen requirements in order to show, no.
Speaker 1: Way, So it's amazing.
Speaker 2: So it's things like it's the whole production line, so whether it be the materials they're using, sixty percent need to be of sustainable or recycled working conditions. And then also the show within itself, so no paper invitations, how are you getting your garments to and from the show? There can't be any plastic, there's zero waste at shows. So knowing this and having this knowledge is quite interesting now watching the shows.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a really high barve, but Cecilia says it's not meant to be high, that no one reaches it, that change with sustainability comes from the top. It's her responsibility to bring these brands up and then they can move forward together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not like you say, just about slapping a label on it, you know. I think there was a fast fashion brand recently that was somehow be Corp certified fits as poly Yeah, and you know, not everyone can afford really high end things, but also there can be affordability that's not at the cost of the environment so much. And maybe we don't need super fast fashion where things are six dollars and then therefore people are buying eight thousand of them. So I think she's right leading by example should hopefully set a standard because we see these fashion weeks trends trickle down to the high street. If these standards for the environment and sustainability start up here, hopefully that will also trickle down throughout the whole fashion industry.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 2: So she's got a lot of eyeballs on her. And brands also get brownie foids or bonus points for doing things like what's their cast diversity and sizing diversity adaptive clothing, So what are they doing for disabilities materials use? I know one brand's using seaweed and turning it into a fire bus. So hopefully other fashion weeks can look.
Speaker 1: At this skin It just always are miles ahead in everything, but that whole area just blows my mind and I want to move there, I know.
Speaker 2: So that's one element of it. But then also what makes Copenhagen Fashion weeks so exciting and electric to watch is obviously the street style.
Speaker 1: That's it for me. And it's funny because when I said, you know, let's get you on to talk about Copenhagen Fashion Week, I really meant street style. I mean, I do like watching the runways and the designers and the shows, but it's what the people are wearing outside that is like a candy store for the eyes, and it feels so different to all the other ones. Why do you think we'd love looking at what people going to the shows are wearing.
Speaker 2: That's so it's such an interesting point because who's going to Copenhagen. It's actually fifty percent influencers compared to media industry buyers, whereas usually it's around like seventy five percent the industry, right, So I think with so many more influencers going who are there with the intention of getting photographed, it's really interesting looks that are getting created that we're now interested in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess they're going and this is no shaded influence. You and I both do content creation, but they're going as that job, whereas I think, you know, I've attended a bunch of overseas fashion weeks in Sydney for many years, but I'm going less about what I'm wearing and more functional to then run back and write an article, you know, whether it's in the media pit or two. I'm there to produce content for back when I was at Cosmo. Now I'm Muma Mea. But they're there as them, and they are their content and they are their channels. So I think the expression there is fair work, whereas when I've attended as media, you know, it will come out in words on a website. So yeah, what they wear is really important and therefore very different, very different. I feel like it's the most varied street style that I see.
Speaker 2: I think like the French Parisians have that how do you say that, Jena Sikua. Yeah, the Danish girls have that it factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it still feels effortless, but it's more fun, you know, joyful.
Speaker 2: I think Scandinavian or Danish Copenhagen street style whatever you want to call it. I think a really good way to sort of wrap your head around it is looking at the Copenhagen Seas, which I was trying to tell you earlier, but the Copenhagen Seas, so it starts with that Scandinavian sleek cool level. So it's clean, crisp chek, it's mutual tones, its base layers, just keeping it very.
Speaker 1: Like the silhouettes are quite simple or structured, like not fussy, right, and not a lot of different clashing things. You look at it and you absorb it all in one go, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And that's sort of what millennials know. I think that's scandy cool. And that's even in interiors. Remember that whole white walls, gray, everything's scandy cool.
Speaker 1: You're so right because it was all a bit minimal and very chic and doesn't have to be expensive, but it was clean, and that's what I would think of as scandy style, both in fashion and in like you say, home weares. But that's definitely still around.
Speaker 2: It's still around, and we definitely see that at fashion Week. But there is this other side where it's almost like bulking and adding in different items that create this max simalism. Or even quiet maximalism, which is almost like a gateway into or experimenting with the maximalism trend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maximalism, I mean, I love that term, but sometimes for me it looks look eclectic is definitely another word that comes to mind. But sometimes it's just like a big old mish mash of lots of things put on somebody that I always think looks very cool. Would I wear it? No? Would I even know where to start to layer all those kind of unusual pairings. It's so different from the scandy we first described, which was kind of clean silhouettes, you know, really well made, structured or simple. Why do you think it's gone so the other way? But both still coexist.
Speaker 2: I think it's a more of a cultural shift in people wanting to explore their unique individual style, so adding elements. Maximalism's always been a style trend within itself, and like you said, it is this mixed mass, chaotic harmony.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, that's right, because they somehow get it right most of the time, and.
Speaker 3: It kind of works.
Speaker 2: There's something about Copenhagen where I find it doesn't feel as pretentious. And this is me. I've only been to Australian Fashion Week and this is me just on the sidelines. In Australia, it doesn't feel as pretentious. I watch every single fashion week and I almost study it like it's a university degree. I feel it's not as pretentious, and I think that's because people there are taking risks with their fashion, and if you're in a room with other people taking risks, you're not going to sort of judge.
Speaker 1: Them, as you feel more confident to wear something that's not, you know, completely on trend or head to toe whatever.
Speaker 2: I think they're just leaning into this is who we are. We've sort of got a name for this maximalism style. Let's do it, and let's do it well.
Speaker 1: So now if people do it and are different, that it's not like whoa, what's that person wearing? Whereas I think sometimes in Australia, I mean, I think the last fashion week was that was in May. I did see a lot more eclectic looks outside for Sydney street style then I guess I have in previous years. But still there's a whole factor like I think you're looking and it's a bit of eye candy, but it's also a lot to take in because we don't see that much variety or that much individuality here, whereas there it feels like they're at ease with it because individuality is the signature, or is the aim. What's the other seas? Did we miss a sea?
Speaker 2: So it was the three seeds that make it that scandy cool, but then it goes into like cool girl color kitch even though that's okay, but clashes and clever. So it's just always remembering the opposites and sort of the different ends of the spectrum with Copenhagen style and that they can blend.
Speaker 3: There is a spectrum.
Speaker 2: It's either super clean ultra maximalism, and then there's that like in between that we see on the streets.
Speaker 1: I'm going to aim for the in between. I definitely can't be the maximalist, and I guess I am generally the clean, but that's probably because I'm just a bit boring and basic and in a rush.
Speaker 2: Difficult, like if you're so used to it, I think a lot of us are us as millennials used to like capsule wardrobe, ten pieces.
Speaker 1: Q white shirt exactly, and now I'm like, wait, I do have a sparkly dress, but well I wear it over dress that's outrageous. Yeah, we are going to dissect some photos in a minute that we've picked some looks from Street Star that will dissect. But do you want to just to give us an overall vibe of this street star that we've seen last week, or some takeaway trends that you just kept in your mind that have a name or that you can describe.
Speaker 3: Some key from the street style.
Speaker 2: There's like we've been discussing, but layering different materials and the fabrications and different styles. So it's like the masculine oversized blazer with the lace skirt underneath, layering on top of layering. When you think you've done, do two more. Like there's a lot of layering. Accessories have been a huge standout on the runways but also with the street style, and it sort of moves into these really eclectic So if like you were saying, if you sort of want to maybe try maximalism, but it's a bit scary. You can start with a bit more of a clean palette with your wardrobe, but have an outrageous accessory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe just one to start with the people like maybe me because I having a look at some of the streets so it is three huge necklaces, earrings, a hat, a dog bag, bag charms. It's a lot, but for somehow it works for them. I don't even own all those things, but I think just having one statement accessory that's not your black bag, or putting two together you wouldn't normally do, maybe start that way, and.
Speaker 2: It is probably worth noting that it is slightly performative, like we see that at Australian Fashion Week and here it's the outrageous wardrobes that get photographed, yes, and that get spoken about. Yeah, so yeah, I guess it's I wonder the intention isn't there to wear that on the streets day to day. Probably not, but yeah, we can get our own inspiration from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that Koko Chanel quote, like when you look in the mirror and then take one thing off. So I think it was her, but I think they're like, look in the mirror and then add three more things and then go, which I just think is fabulous. But it's also about I think, giving yourself permission as a regular person to wear what you want to wear and not worrying if things like match or go you know, or you know if it's technically are pulled together outfit because somehow it just works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: So yeah, i'd say the layering, accessories, different fabrics, so lots of Poko dots and I'm talking lots, even on the runway. There is so much like you think a trend's gone.
Speaker 1: I've just started, like because obviously spring summer's dropping here and actually i want you to join me for a Spring Summer trend episode in a few weeks please, because I've started to see polka dots everywhere here, so it's obviously started overseas and still going. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things like we'd always say, if it sticks and sells, it stays. Yeah, so if they're selling, they're.
Speaker 3: Going to keep it making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally just did a wardrobe clean out and I'm so glad because I've got a really cute Poka dot dress. But I was like, eh, so it's in the maybe pile. It hasn't gone yet, And now after seeing all these pics, I'm like, hang on, I'm going to get her out and wear her with jeans and a dog bag or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of dog bag, there was a new talent show on the second day. Her name was Anne Sophie Madson, so new talent. Everyone was watching to see what she'd come out with and produce, and a lot of her looks were really beautiful and simple, classic silhouettes. But she came up with these crazy metallic rat bags and I quite like the play on words there, rat bag yeah yeah, but these huge rats, like they looked like toy rats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everyone was walking down the runway with them, and it's clever, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of those things like to get eyeballs being new talent, but also it signifies where we're going with sort of sculptural accessories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and playfulness and I think and not taking everything so seriously. I mean, I think the everyday person is not going to invest in a handbag that's the shape of an animal. But I think it just is nice to see something that's a little bit not too serious, so true, you know, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I just started follow against Democrat and they have this really cool it's like metal but quite large fish clutch and it looks like a fish and you open it up and I was like, I love that and it's so weird and I would never purchase it because of cost perware, but we're getting some personality back totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yes, so polka dots, tartan, lots of checks, checks, lots of checks, and head pieces so again this sounds head scarves, but hats as well.
Speaker 1: And like like I've seen these like beanie hand crochet. There was a lot of when I say, grandma vibes, but it feels like that kind of old school handmade knitted. There was a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So kettle Attilia. It was all like dresses made out of essentially doilies. It was these beautiful summer dresses that looked yeah, made out of doilies, but it was gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It really elegant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and almost combined like vintage and sex of fhel Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: And like you say, that's a clash of like that masculine and feminine all pretty. I love it. So, Lucinda, we're gonna flick through some pictures.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put a carousel up on Instagram so you can have a play at home and look at the imagees we're talking about. We've picked out some street style looks and stay sect them. What the trends are what we think of them. Would we wear the So Tartan was huge, and lots of Tartan, lots.
Speaker 2: Of Tartan in different styles as well. So the picture we're looking out, she's wearing a skirt, like a mini skirt, which has this massive bow dropping down right to the ankle. I should do a side note. Bows were everywhere as well, Yes, Carol, addition, she showed on the first date. It's actually her husband and wife duo. Bows on the bags. I loved they were gorgeous. So we're seeing here a Tartan miniskirt with this huge bow on the front.
Speaker 1: Which kind of does speak to what you were saying before about like the masculine and feminine like Tartan is quite you know, it's not a particular I guess it depends on the item, but the bow is quite feminine, but Tartan can be not particularly masculine. But it's a bit of a juxtaposition for sure. Yeah, And that top is like kind of one of those sheer mesh she's wearing like a sheer mesh long sleeve top that we've seen everywhere this autumn winter here, Yeah, with you know, a little barlette underneath. So that's it's really easy that lots of people might have that at home and then can mix and match it with something that they wouldn't have worn it with this past season.
Speaker 2: That's actually such a good point ly, like I love this street style for Copenhagen because you can do it with whatever you've got in your wardrobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go and just have a play and go. I would never wear those things together and put it on and see what.
Speaker 2: Happens, and even saying I haven't worn that in twelve months, so I'm going to pull this and do it with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think also because I fall into the trap off I wear that top with those pants and you know, maybe those three bottoms, but I rarely have the time to get creative in my mind to go, actually I should try that with that that I haven't really thought of. But it feels like these people are innate at just pairing things that are unexpected.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's also wearing fluffy fluffy it looks like ugroots from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like crazy shoes, which like goes to show like just different accessories, like having fun with accessories and letting them do the loud talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so totally. Whereas if she'd warn like it if that's I can't tell if that's black or navy check. But if she'd want a pump, that would have been a lot more stuff, slish and cheek, but a lot less expressive than Copenhagen.
Speaker 2: If that makes it as well. With Copenhagen, everyone's in flats and.
Speaker 1: Sneakers, yes, preach, says me, and heels not like and maybe the odd kitten hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it was Leandre Medeene who created manrifella. She said the Danish girls essentially made sneakers with style and fashion cool. And when you think about back in the day, we'd wear our assis to work on the train.
Speaker 3: Get changed and put your heels on it.
Speaker 1: Because they ride bikes everywhere you go ride bikes in a stiletto.
Speaker 2: It's your cut and we're dispounting that thing every day. But yeah, it's seventy five percent of Copenhagen's citizens commute via bike. You imagine if we do that.
Speaker 1: I mean I would not be here a squash smug on the road. But I love so practical and it's still cool because for me, I'm like, I'm doing something practical today. I can't wear fun clothes. I have these versions of myself, but they are all mushed into one. Yeah, let's look at the next one. Okay, this to me speaks Copenhagen. This woman is wearing a long sleeve it looks like a silk satin long sleeve top, jeans or are they added as pants? That's not a stripe?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Some don't We both don't have that glasses.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but it looks like jeans, slip flops, a headscarf and then a big bag. So did I say the sequence dress over the top? This is what I think of when I think of a version of this. But I also just not that I don't love her look that's something I would never try. But I have all of those elements separately in my wardrobe. What do you think of that.
Speaker 2: I look at this and love it in context?
Speaker 1: Yes? In context? Is such an important point.
Speaker 2: Would I wear that down the street of George Street, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Or in the country where you're from, that would get to Barrel High Street.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those examples where she's probably got the shirt and jeans and shoes off.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Let's go out the door, hang on a minute, let's add three more pieces. Yeah, which is at Copenhagen Style, but it works here. She's at fashion week. She looks great, she looks confident.
Speaker 1: I feel like last year's fashion week there was a lot of that kind of sequence shift dress with layering, like I think, if you've got those, and again this autumn winter we just had there was a lot of sparkly skirts and a lot of sparkly dresses. So you can absolutely still carry them over to this new season. It might just be I mean, just wear them if you love them, but otherwise it might be mixing and matching. See that's quite a casual bag and a flat shoe, but it could be an evening dress.
Speaker 3: And you can dissect bits from this.
Speaker 2: So headscars, we're seeing a lot of the head scars, that handmaid's towel vibe of wearing out like this.
Speaker 3: Just wait spring summer. This is going to be.
Speaker 2: Awhere were that mustard color as well. So there's a brand. Day three of Copenhagen Fashion Week. Two best friends created this brand called Alice and they're actually from Christiania. You know the freetown in Copenhagen. It's lawless, there's no laws they've got their own electricity schooling. Wow, they can sell. So it's the grid kind of vibe. Yes, they just run itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I want to do that.
Speaker 2: It felt really scary, but it's quite civilized, like they've got their own primary schools going, and it's just this way of living. But yeah, it's the brand's called Alice and it's two best friends from this christiania they've created.
Speaker 1: They showed fantasy Land, but maybe we don't want to go.
Speaker 2: And their color on the runway this year was that beautiful mustard color.
Speaker 1: I love that color. Was all. Yeah, it feels like a cooler tan than to me, like I do like a tan accessor in a tan, but mustard just feels like a bit edgier. But it's still sort of for neutral.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent agree it plays it's a safe exit out of neutral dressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's for me.
Speaker 1: It's a bright color, but it's safe. I feel like everyone has versions of this in their wardrobe that they just need to go and play dress up. Like literally, pretend you're three or seven and go and play.
Speaker 2: And I dare you to.
Speaker 1: We encourage you to actually try one we probably shouldn't.
Speaker 2: We should do it?
Speaker 1: We say, what have we got next? Okay, this is an image of three lovely ladies. They look like they're having the best time. Do you think they're related? I don't know. There's a lot to dicect, so make sure you check out the image on Instagram or it's on your screen on YouTube. The lady on the left, so we'll start with, she's wearing a black Maxi skirt I think or dress. It almost looks like a blue Oxford shirt underneath, which we all have. Then a tweed jacket. Then the next scarf that we're seeing worn his belts headscarves. Yeah, what kind of shoe would that? That's like a hybrid. It's like a lace up ballet fl.
Speaker 3: Like the Mary Jane type.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then I love the woven printed bag that she's kind of carrying, like a basketbag. That's almost like, I guess, beach style, but it doesn't look like a beach bag. There. That's a lot. I feel like that's stuff we all have versions of in our wardrobe.
Speaker 2: Because it's all relatively neutral colors. It's not too much. Yeah, practical, she looks great, like I.
Speaker 1: Think's I think she looks great. It's not something I would ever wear and more to the point, ever think of doing, which again inspires me to try different combinations. And nothing there screams wanted to visual trend that people might not already have. They're all kind of classics, but just put together in a weird way, a different way classic with a twist. And then what have we got in the middle? Is that a pedal pusher?
Speaker 2: They are the capris and we did see them with Opera Sport. They opened up Copenhagen Fashion Week Day one. They were having black capris everywhere, which I personally love, but you're not a fan.
Speaker 1: I like looking at them. I just it's not my body type. And I know I did it the first time, the first time for me many years ago in my early twenties. I like looking at them, but it's not something I would seek out to purchase. But I like a Bermuda short, which I guess is a looser version. You know, it's a long short above the knee, but tight and cropped just under the knee. Not doing any favors.
Speaker 2: Well, if you do like that trend, they're coming back.
Speaker 1: They're coming Are you gonna do it?
Speaker 3: Well, I say I love them. I've actually never tried any on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the look of it, never saying ever for me. But then she's almost got like a Chanell esque tweed, that kind of candy pink longer coat and.
Speaker 3: That bubblegum pink they're calling it. That's really big. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Actually the colors that she's wearing were really strong on the runway, so the black and white as a base, and then the bubblegum pink and then even the red rosette that she's got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got like a little red brooch. It could be Chanelle, could it might not be. And it looks like also a hairscarf perhaps in her ponytail at the back. Again, pretty classic items that are just kind of mismatched in the course way.
Speaker 2: That's a really nice way to describe it, I think if they are quite classic sophisticated, Yeah, and playing with different fabrications, so that tweed just with the linen or whatever, the cotton pants.
Speaker 1: She's wearing, Yeah, and then the Lovely Lady of the Third Lady she is wearing balloon pants sort of that we're seeing them everywhere in spring. That they've got the tie around the ankle. From where I sit, they look like a woven kind of ballet flat type loafer which I again am seeing everywhere. Knit vest, white shirt underneath. Interesting hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't tell exactly what the hat is, but hat.
Speaker 1: Wear and hat, everything's on the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think it'scause it's cold there? Like I don't wear hats unless I'm going to the beach.
Speaker 2: And it's not like she's It hasn't got any sort of brim and it's not some protection.
Speaker 1: But it looks very cool. It's interesting. We had Eliza, she's the head of content here at Mamma Mia, and we'll put a link in the show notes that she lived in Scandinavia and worked at Scandinavian Vogue for a long time, and she said the number one thing that she recommends for women to have in their wardrobe is like a sleeveless knit vest like that that that's really great for layering and can add personality to a piece. I don't own what, but again, a classic that you can have every season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, talk to me about this book because I think this speaks to your first point about the kind of clean lines that we're used to seeing.
Speaker 3: And used to and still see this lady.
Speaker 1: Is wearing a kind of very classic structured blazer in a white or off white shade that sinks in at the waist, and then a long white either dress or maxist that's kind of uneven heim but still very clean silhouette.
Speaker 2: Overall, and with playing in the blacks and the cream ivory whites.
Speaker 3: So day three.
Speaker 2: We saw school month and then Opera Sport as well. Day one, they all focus so heavily on these black and whites, which is sort of contradictory to the whole maximalist style, but it goes back to the origins of that scandy minimalist style dressing. Yeah, so it's still quite prevalent within the streets and it's what consumers, I guess are buying in Copenhagen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's got a black looks like an East West bag or a bowler bag, and then a black shoe. And for me, when I wear black and white together, I feel like I look like a white stuff. But for some reason that's just so classic and simple but not I don't know, it just works.
Speaker 2: I know she looks beautiful, very elegant, very elegant. Yeah, it was so school and month day three. Don't mind my Danish pronunciation, but they were these beautiful almost like feminine ethereal style runway shows showing all these beautiful whites and the ivories and smock style tops as well, love beautiful girls like yeah, feminine lyle would be how are you okay?
Speaker 1: I'm oh good. I hope that comes here. Okay, this image that you're gonna have to have a look at an Instagram, it will do our best to describe it for me. This is the definition of maximalism, Liscinda, please help me describe this. What are we seeing?
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's wearing a maxi skirt with a long sleep top.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the bottom.
Speaker 2: It's an orange maxi skirt that's sort of been cut up and looks like spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. It looks like just fringing, like fringing, you know, one of those chimney dresses. Like, yeah, I don't know how to explain this skirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah that. Luckily the top onto which we'll get to in a second, goes like it's almost to the length of a mini skirt. So all you're seeing is orange fringing on the bottom. Yes, and then she's got this. It looks really cool. This embroidered. Yeah, like long leave top, different colors.
Speaker 3: It's got like red.
Speaker 1: It's almost like Kendon Vibes was obviously I'm assuming it's not kendme, but it's like Colbot blue orange flowers. It could be a jacket. It almost looks padded, but it's stripes, florals, splashes of blue, splashes of red and black and yellow.
Speaker 2: And it's big yellow hoops. Two or three necklaces, Yeah, big necklaces, so chunky accessories.
Speaker 1: And then her handbag looks like a Chuck super white, which I love, but it's this big blue and white checked.
Speaker 3: And it's all block colors, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so almost.
Speaker 1: I mean orange is in a primary color, but it's very bright colors.
Speaker 2: And then the big hair as well, she's got this gorgeous afro.
Speaker 1: And she's rocking it. But to me that I mean, I love it. I again wouldn't wear it, but it makes me feel so joyful to look at.
Speaker 3: It's fun. It's clever as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is clever because it all ties in, doesn't it does?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works.
Speaker 1: We could talk about Copenhagen street stuff forever, but let's finish with this image of three women on the street because this is a lot of trends that I think we're going to see here soon me through what we're seeing.
Speaker 2: So we're seeing a lot of sporty sheep girls here.
Speaker 3: It's a group of three girls.
Speaker 2: The one on the left is wearing blue and white jersey, which we're seeing heaps. I think this started New York Fashion Week with lowe By.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've already been around a fair bit, right, So.
Speaker 2: That's been and we're seeing it here with beconbridge and cotton on So she's wearing that classic cotton rugby jersey that we're seeing everywhere, but she's got like a blue Oxford shirt underneath it. Love that.
Speaker 1: I think I can do that. That's not scary for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's blue on blue, so there's not too much clashing going on.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: And then she's got these dark gray cargo pants and then.
Speaker 1: Blue almost like yeah longer yeah.
Speaker 3: And then blue socks with a black kidden here.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I love the socks.
Speaker 1: I love the look of it, and I feel like Australia is getting more into the like a sock with a heel, a kitten a hill. But I love the look of it. But I wouldn't do it myself. But I think she looks if she walked down the street in Sydney, I'd be like cool. I wouldn't be like, WHOA, that's too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do this. So it's just blue tying in.
Speaker 2: If you've got a blue shirt and get a rugby jersey over the top, some sort of short or pants, socks and a heel.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm going to try it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sharing I love this look. It's really efeli.
Speaker 1: And then the one on the right, she's wearing at US Active Wear shorts which we are seeing everywhere.
Speaker 2: Added US runner shorts, which is the short ones, or there's the trackie pants which we're used to.
Speaker 3: We're so mighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was Zoe Cravis was seen wearing these runner shorts by added Us and it's sort of just from there blue up. Yeah, it's everywhere. So she's got the blue and navy runner shorts. And then this bright red bag, which I love, like a bigette bag. Yeah, she's got socks on as well, but these ones go just below the knees or high black sock.
Speaker 1: So I think overall that look shows that you can mix, you know, sporty pieces with more classics.
Speaker 2: And maybe something to think about is pick a sport that you like or resonate with. So you'd say the girl on the right in the shorts, it's almost is like soccer vies with the shorts and then the long socks, whereas like the other one's got more of a rugby s vibe.
Speaker 1: That's you talking about your sporty leanings. Everything's just sport for me, and I would only own sport things if I was going to the gym or did sport, whereas you want to categorize it into the type of spor But on that we are going to see a lot of this stuff coming to our springs summer very soon, if not now, so can you come back in a few weeks and we'll translate some of these trends into what we're about to wear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd love to Lee.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining me so much, See you next time. Thank you so much for joining me for nothing to wear, And don't forget there's links in the show notes. You can watch us over on YouTube if you've just been listening, and if you were to join us on Instagram and see the images we talked about today. Our handle is nothing to wear POD See you next week.