Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives.
Speaker 2: They adore the.
Speaker 1: Good, bad and ugly, the best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned fu entrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar.
Speaker 2: Sez the Ya is.
Speaker 1: A series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 2: Bear him welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me for our quarterly yule, our once per three months when we remember, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, guys, your stands for yeas of our lives. I realize we use that in short. Not everyone knows what that means. But we just went back and it was I thought it was like maybe six weeks ago. It was the seventeenth of August.
Speaker 3: If we know your timescale is so bad, it could have been like six years ago, and you're like, we did it last week.
Speaker 2: I'm so bad. I'm getting worse, even worse, And we.
Speaker 3: Don't even know because we don't know until Sera says, what has happened since our last you, and then we go when was glossy?
Speaker 1: I'm like, August, I actually have to look it up every single time. And I would have said, because we have been so that we could avoid this situation. We have a rolling calendar event called see the Day?
Speaker 2: Is it all Seaesday?
Speaker 1: Seasday, which is blocked out, which we did at the start of the year.
Speaker 2: Every week, not fortnight like week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every single week. Every Thursday is podcast Day. And since we haven't recorded since August, we have obviously moved it or canceled it every Thursday since there no but I've seen you.
Speaker 2: We just haven't recorded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what's amazing is that you are so so diligent still though, to change the invite to the next week and the next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just delete them. Yeah, you just like I do it one by one.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't even know that we're not doing it until I see a calendar proposal of the next date.
Speaker 1: Which is the next event canceled. Yeah, but it's like on a Wednesday night. So the amount of times that and has been like, so are we seizing tomorrow? And it's like Wednesday PM, And I'm like, oh, nah, sorry, and I've booked like some complete other thing, and we got to tell you that you are coming to my house for the entire day.
Speaker 3: I don't I like already planned something else knowing because because I see so this other thing.
Speaker 1: I can also forget that you can see my calendar. So you'll be like are we seizing? And I'm like, oh, I'm not sure. And you're like, well, what about that thing that's from eight am to seven am?
Speaker 4: I just like.
Speaker 3: Preemptively the week before, we'll get what you have scheduled for the next like five thursdays.
Speaker 4: And it's like.
Speaker 3: Speaking, yeah in Sydney five days Fiji flight.
Speaker 2: Rob's not going to.
Speaker 3: Do it, And I kind of ask anyway to be like, so do you want to do it before your flight on the plant?
Speaker 2: Do you have Wi Fi on the we FaceTime?
Speaker 4: So today's invite, because it's been so long.
Speaker 3: Is CES Day Final Final Version one hundred definitely final.
Speaker 2: Did you appreciate that? I thought it was really funny.
Speaker 4: It was very funny because.
Speaker 2: We name all our files like that.
Speaker 1: It's like version ten final final, definitely final final dot PDA whatever final for real final deeps? Stop it you write for real a document name?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I just do final final and then like absolute final because the day.
Speaker 4: Absolutely just done.
Speaker 3: So many finals I don't know which is the final final, Like is there two finals? That's the final final final finals, So that's why I say final for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then what if it's not for real? Or is that definitely for real? No matter how many for reals do you put in there?
Speaker 2: So hard?
Speaker 1: So now I just put the date, I think, or I'll be like V one, V two, v three, But then I can't remember what version, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing, so I think i'd be too final, my definitive or do you know what my final final one is?
Speaker 2: Upload?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one because you're obviously only going to upload the one that is actually the final one.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, that's audio. When I submit, it's like upload.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a good public pull to make.
Speaker 3: What do you label your final version of something, oh like so not useful but interesting.
Speaker 1: Well except upload, I think I've just answered like the question right.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're the queen of the world's way.
Speaker 2: It's so like that though, I'm like space, except you're wrong, Like.
Speaker 3: It's obviously not Havis, but it is like Matt's episode, it's obviously graph and like the entire universe is like it's graph.
Speaker 4: I was so on board.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh wow, and you're like, I'm it's such fun of him.
Speaker 4: I felt so bad, but you still are like, no, it's still graph.
Speaker 3: I still believe it's graphs confirmations by it's because my.
Speaker 1: Audience, my old My mom says, you know it's Aldi, right the super market.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to assume these days because I get most things wrong.
Speaker 2: So you're pretty good at certain things like.
Speaker 1: Aldi, so Mom says, Oldie, like a L L dash d ire Aldi. She also says, mean you mean you're to say.
Speaker 2: Sushi?
Speaker 4: Do you want some sushi? She's so cute.
Speaker 2: I love it so much, But now giving it's such a hard time. You can't remember what the right one is.
Speaker 4: What did I just say to you sushi?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I said no, not just oh, not right immediately, that's really bad.
Speaker 1: I just said, I pronounce something pcan pecan, it's bcan.
Speaker 2: But who says pecan? Is it Americans? You say that someone says sushi, so.
Speaker 4: Swish swishi train I think Americans. I love it so much.
Speaker 2: One of the ones that she's just you know, yeah, but better than my mom.
Speaker 4: English is a second language.
Speaker 1: Mom, well she has an excuse. My mom's like as English as they come.
Speaker 4: It's true. My mom's like, oh, we have screech for dinner. Squeech like what screech? Screeche and fish?
Speaker 2: What squech school screens.
Speaker 3: There's a really though HER's it genuinely just a language barrier.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And she also like finishes sentences without the last like five words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she just sometimes.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we make fun to make fun of it because like she does this thing where she like, she tells a sentence, but she can't figure out what to say at the end of it, and she just like mumbles and things we don't realize. She's like, haha, I went to shopping, Hannah, Mama, like what she thinks.
Speaker 4: That we just it's like close enough to the ending that we get it.
Speaker 2: We all just inferred.
Speaker 4: We have dinner.
Speaker 3: And then my friend she like she just.
Speaker 4: Mumbles, she's so, she's so funny.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 4: But one last thing on pronunciation.
Speaker 3: I did watch a TikTok this morning and learned something that you know, the car Kia sportage. Yeah, I was just well, I'm not listening, but I watched a TikTok of representative from Kia.
Speaker 4: I think he was a developed guy.
Speaker 2: What, Oh my god, how do you say it sportage? No, you don't, it's actually sportage.
Speaker 3: I rewinded it because I was like, wait, what he was announcing the new cars, the.
Speaker 2: New Ka sportage is so like it's not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wrong.
Speaker 2: It's really like it's right, it's not right, it's right.
Speaker 1: That's really I feel like sportage sounds really elevated and sportage is just like really boken, and I haven't.
Speaker 4: Really strong feeling that the ads say sportage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then sometimes I'm like, where did we get that? And often it's just like society has absorbed by osmosis this way of pronouncing something like this, Oh I wish I wrote it down there. Something we all say that's completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So if you if you grew up.
Speaker 1: In like the two thousands, set to feel, so set to feel. The cleanser is like the thing we all used when we had our puberty acne. Everyone used it because it was gentle and like, I don't know, it's just like a it went viral before things went viral, and it was set to feel like our whole lives. And then the brand has come out and said it's CTA fill and I'm like, I just you know, when something's like in the fabric of your brain and you just can't undo it.
Speaker 4: It's like that.
Speaker 2: I'll never call it a sportage.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And also diamond tap.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, that's also a public do you say, I say.
Speaker 2: Oh what I say?
Speaker 4: Dim tap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your mom says dime tap. No.
Speaker 4: She said you can't use the e twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: She argues as an English teacher that it's dime tap, but she thinks that like when we were kids, she called it dimo tap. Well, yeah, her recent English language justification is dime tap.
Speaker 4: She said it's either dimo tap or dime tap. It can't be diamond tap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's in the dime and then there's no er.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, anyway, we've spent nine minutes.
Speaker 4: Have a limited time because Teddy could come back at any minute.
Speaker 1: Information, But I feel like things you can poll are really interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we need to poll all of them that we have any video footage to poll this with, but we will poll it.
Speaker 1: No, we can just use a picture of a diamond tap bottle and be like, how would you say this? What are some other ones that are like universally controversial?
Speaker 4: I feel like we do this all the time.
Speaker 3: There's been so many that, you know, It's like when people say what are your pet peeves? And you have so many that you can think of when you're out and about, and then they ask you and you're like, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they're like, there's three words that describe you, and I'm like, I don't know any.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know English.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, so August, what yay's? Have we yated since August?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh? What even happened since then? What had happened?
Speaker 4: You went to Fiji?
Speaker 2: I went to Fiji. Yeah, that was beautiful.
Speaker 1: They are so good with children, and I think people say that when you go on a holiday to Fiji you leave your child at reception.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they just were so nice, weren't they.
Speaker 1: They just love children, they're so good with them. And he Teddy was just like in Clover. He had the best time. It was so beautiful and hot. Tip for any parents listening, there's like, the time difference is only an hour at the moment with daylight savings, and then like I think it's two hours and a five hour flight, so it's so short. Yeah, it's like overseas, but it doesn't really mess up their routine to deal with.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, literally, Okay, I mean not literally, but anyways.
Speaker 3: The other thing you also did that was really cool was that you hosted at sixty sixty six west sixty by sixty west six southway.
Speaker 4: Six by southwest southway? What south by six six?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: And then I got this.
Speaker 3: Like six by southwest south south by Southwest there's no six?
Speaker 2: Do you know what that is? Giving? That's like you being a boomer and getting like the Facebook, so there's no six. There's no six. I need to add cricket noses.
Speaker 4: I could have sworn there was a six. Six.
Speaker 2: Well done though, good, good, points for trying, you know how.
Speaker 3: It's like they advertise it as the acronym like yeah s X s W see there's the X in it.
Speaker 4: That's not six. In my brain, there's a six that.
Speaker 2: You insert like S I X. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that that was really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really good.
Speaker 1: That was an amazing opportunity to do a live podcast up there. And I haven't done a live podcast in I don't even know when.
Speaker 2: Was the last time. Would have done one, like hour years ago. Yeah, probably our Paint and Peanut Castle.
Speaker 4: Although we didn't even do a live podcast.
Speaker 2: I didn't know we did.
Speaker 1: We did Q and as we did a little bit. Anyway, it had been ages and that was just so nice. And I think one of the things of it that I always say about podcasting is you get to chat with your guests, but you don't get to interact with the yighborhood very much. You only do after the fact, and it's never in real time and you never get to see their faces.
Speaker 2: And it was just lovely and I had my one of.
Speaker 1: My best friends, Ebonie, tell her incredible story for the first time. It was her first podcast ever, the first time she sort of I think even herself reflected on the whole journey. She's got a beautiful business called Upam, which you guys have heard me talk about many times, but it's the first time she's felt like she's in this chapter enough to look back as well.
Speaker 2: So it was just it was really, really.
Speaker 1: Lovely because having been there for all of the chapters, including all the you know, the moments of self doubt that I talk about with normal guests, I wasn't there for them, whereas with hers, I was there for each chapter. So it was really, really it was wonderful. And that episode wasn't recorded at the time, but we are booked to re record it so you guys will get it, because yeah, she's got like her story is amazing. She had chemical poisoning in New York when she was at the peak of her career working for Dane von Furstenberg, and she's got just so much wisdom for anyone who's building a brand in fashion, from both the corporate science and the business side. She's just like the advice I could have launched her business at the end of it in fashion having known nothing about it. She was just so generous with her wisdom. So that's coming out soon.
Speaker 4: And this stuff is really beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful, soberutiful. So that was that we went to see Wicked. That was our latest date.
Speaker 4: That was so fun.
Speaker 2: There was so much that was so.
Speaker 3: Like you and Clarie had met up before. Clarily my partner. We call it Clarie, it's her alias.
Speaker 2: I never heard Clarie but okay, well.
Speaker 3: Because we were in Vietnam, none of my aunties and uncles and pronouncers, they were.
Speaker 4: Like, oh Clarie, Oh that's so cute. Glowry so Be came to Clary and she is mad.
Speaker 2: She's a super fan, like mad Wicked fan like.
Speaker 3: I took her for a birthday in August as a surprise and I didn't realize that she had seen Wicked like.
Speaker 4: Five times already, and I took her and then it's.
Speaker 3: Like we cried and we got there and I was like, wow, this is like a true, really big deal for you.
Speaker 4: And then i'd seen a musical theater kid, yeah, and I'd seen your calendar. That's how we.
Speaker 2: Worked it out because I'd.
Speaker 4: Seen your calendar on the Google calendar and I was like, you're going to Yeah. I said, oh my god, you're going. Because I said to Clariy. I was like, Sarah's going to the premiere and she.
Speaker 3: Was like, what, oh my god, can you can we do a date night to watch it when when it comes out and stuff? And I was like yeah, and then I said to you come going, and then you said, actually, do you guys.
Speaker 4: Want to come? And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And then she was again like the whole week She's like, it was really exciting, and I think even I think you said it as well, when you get to bring someone who really actually loves something or really appreciates something and makes sharing this much more joyous. So it's actually a really fun night because both of us were very much like this is a very exciting fair her. But then also I've become a like mad wicked fantory and watching it was so awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was so much fun. Like I think when you experience something with a super fan, like you get the level of joy that they have over the thing. So like even when we did it was the same when we went to the tennis Grand Final last day, ye like, I love the tennis, but you are like in tense about sports fun and so I got the same level of enjoyment that you get and it's so exciting when you get to do that. Because what happened was it was my It was actually my first night out like girls' night since having Teddy, so it was momentous for lots of different reasons.
Speaker 2: And it was the first time I.
Speaker 1: Thought, actually the logistics could work, maybe I could make it. I haven't not been the one to put him to bed. I hadn't before that night, and then that was we were kind of testing out whether it would work, and so it was, Yeah, it was really beautiful because Nick was like, well, it will have to be me who puts him to bed, because like his other like mum babysits, my Auntie's babysit. But I think for the first time, it will probably have to be him, which meant he couldn't come with me. So then I was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'll make it a girl's night.
Speaker 1: And it was so special because I had, like I love musical theater, but for some reason, I think when the Wicked stage show had come out in Melbourne, either I wasn't here, or I was I was pregnant, I couldn't sit still, or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I've missed it every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I hadn't seen it, so being a complete nube with like zero expectations next to someone who had watched everything and knows every single fact about every actress and stage actor and everything, like knows the whole history and context to see both of our reactions and how we could both love it and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: And like they put on they did such a good job. Like they had cocktails that were like.
Speaker 1: Colored and themed with glitter and all glitter and smoke, and it was just like one of those wholesome fun like we laughed the whole way through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like, and that's the thing I don't think people realized.
Speaker 3: And I didn't realize because I hadn't watched Wicked the stage show until August, and I didn't realize the storyline was one that hilarious because the musical is also equally well, he's extremely funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I cackled so much. But also the storyline is actually.
Speaker 4: Really beautiful, isn't it. Other things that were so confused. We didn't realize it was a part one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't know that. And then I thought that they were only showing.
Speaker 2: Us half the movie. Well they they did know, as in like half the movie that they already made.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So then they showed us the entire movie and there's a part two coming.
Speaker 1: It was so stressed and it was so like it's really I feel like as someone who came into it without already being obsessed with it and being instantly converted to how like it was just a yay, It was really joyful. You don't think too hard. I think there's so much stuff where there's deep messaging you need to reflect on and it's stress and like you just get transported into a totally different world for that time.
Speaker 2: It was such a yaze of our life. Like it truly was such a fun night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the testament to it is that all the theater kids that have loved.
Speaker 2: The original still love it, loved the movie, yeah, which.
Speaker 3: Is I think a great testament to them keeping the like the fantasy and the dreaminess of Wicked itself in a movie way.
Speaker 4: Alive, which I think like Clari and I were like, is it going to live up to.
Speaker 2: The musical because the music, you have high expectations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the musical, it's self created are really the backdrop, the setting, all of the stage crew.
Speaker 4: It was amazing for the musical.
Speaker 3: So we were like, how is that going to be reflected in a movie that doesn't just look like a video of the music, like a filming of the musical.
Speaker 4: And then we've watched so much behind the scenes stuff now of the stage directors that were like all the thought that went through everything, we were like, oh my god, that's amazing. Like, for example, the reason why they chose and this is not really a spoiler because it's in every trailer, why they chose water and boats was because.
Speaker 3: They had eliminated every other form of transportation because other worlds claim it, like for example, like they can't have bikes because bikes aren't around, they can't have horses because of the animal situation or something, and then they couldn't have all of these other cars, and they could have all these other modes because Oslock owned some or it kind of didn't make sense with the storyline with animals or whatever, and so that left them the only way to get.
Speaker 4: Around was water.
Speaker 3: And that's why they chose water and boats because I wouldn't have never imagined that they would have vented on Water the musical either, So yeah, it was kind of like the stage director explaining all this, and we were we just got even more obsessed.
Speaker 4: So I reckon, we'll probably see it again.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent see it again.
Speaker 4: You will see it again.
Speaker 1: And I also love that, Like separate to Wicked in itself, I think it really reminded me for the purposes of like the whole concept of bringing more ya into your life.
Speaker 2: We're in I.
Speaker 1: Feel like it's a time our lives are so busy and unless something is like clearly productive related to work as some kind of networking element, or especially at this time of year, as like crunch time, we don't really make time to like go and see a stage show or go and watch a movie. And especially now that they're streaming Nick and I have and we've got baby, we haven't really made an effort to go and sit in a cinema in a really long time, and doing it just reminded me like, sure, it's a you know, two hour block of time where you don't get anything else done and you can't like multitask, you can't like sit on your laptop or on your phone and watch like you can at home you can kind of control your own environment. It was so nice to be just like locked in a cinema and transported into something that's so just for joy, like for awe and wonder and joy. And I realized how much you forget to do that, Like if it doesn't involve looking after Teddy or going to work or resting, I haven't really like learning or learning. Yeah, I haven't really made time for it. And in that two hours or whatever it was, I was doing none of those things. But I was so joyful and I came out.
Speaker 4: Just like, oh, we were cackling.
Speaker 2: You've got to make time for this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was nice being in the center because you hear other people's laughter. Yeah, that even in itself is quite joyous. Like, there were so many parts that were so funny and I could you were cackling.
Speaker 5: You were like like literally, it was just having the best.
Speaker 3: It was some you know that awkward friend where it's actually not the funny part and they think it's.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean not even funny, like not and no one's laughing.
Speaker 2: Was like no, do you know what it was?
Speaker 1: It was that I got the joke really loving, so I was laughing at the funny bit. It was just ages later, but also like I decided that Jonathan bad is like kind of maybe now on my whole.
Speaker 2: Perst fopping, I wasn't really.
Speaker 1: I was next to Khan who was just like, I was like, dude, do you need to leave, like do you need a minute? Other dear friend Louke Hynes, and they both yeah, they just like lost it. And then but then I was really investigating and I was like, he's he's really like no.
Speaker 3: He's very proper hot and he like can dance and he sings really well. Yeah, but I think also his character probably it's definitely character brings.
Speaker 2: Do you get like I fall in love with characters?
Speaker 4: For sure? I am.
Speaker 3: And I've always said to kr like, do you find this, you know, character attractive? And she's always like no, because the character I.
Speaker 4: Kin't like like I have to get the vibes. No, I'm more like donkey because I'm like, I get a ship characters.
Speaker 2: Like I sang like and in books as well, Like it's really.
Speaker 3: Random, I fully ship the character, not necessarily maybe I end up loving the actor as a result.
Speaker 4: But now that it's like, yeah, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Same same so that was I guess that's our recommendation.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go, and not even just I feel like there aren't many people who couldn't even if you were dragged to the cinema because your friend or partner or kids wanted.
Speaker 2: To go to Wicked. I don't think there's many people who couldn't appreciate like it was.
Speaker 4: It's a spectacle.
Speaker 1: It's even if you don't like musical theater, it's still just enjoyable. It's witty, it's funny, like there's something in it for everyone, but it doesn't have to be Wicked, just like go and book a ticket for something. I feel like we've really lost Well maybe it's just me, and maybe it's just the chapter I'm in. But when you get given the choice to like go out and make an effort or stay in, it's so easy to just stay in. It's so easy to be like, oh, it'll come out on Amazon or it'll come out on whatever, and I'll just Apple TV and I'll just buy it and watch it at home. But it's so nice to go out and like be around people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think we were in that mindset as well of and.
Speaker 2: To get dressed up yeah, and we were like, oh.
Speaker 4: It's such a way of home. Sometimes go to the movies because you don't talk to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, but an element of that is actually enjoying something together, like to share experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of a movie that you want to watch together, and.
Speaker 2: How much we like bonded over and afterwards for days.
Speaker 1: The memes like the aftermath, like, there's so much after the aftermath?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is it aftermath? It's after math?
Speaker 2: I think it is actually after I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 4: It just sounds so weird, right, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Why do I think aftermath sounds so weak?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: Can you please tell us? Is it after math or after math? But that's waiting for them to.
Speaker 4: Speak.
Speaker 3: I don't know how this works. Can the audience please speak up? Don't be shy.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to bite.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So I've read this meme.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I have told you guys about curate how Nick and I curate memes for each other all day and then at the end of the day we watch them together.
Speaker 2: It's like our favorite activity to do a night.
Speaker 1: And now Teddy's three sleep regression, on which you will know from a couple of episodes ago. We now have time to do curate again, which is like our favorite cute little bonding thing. And I saw on the other day it was said, if you're hosting an event and you get up at the start and say, how is everyone today, I can't hear say it again with more energy, I instantly hate you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, yeah, you like that. I feel like if they say do it again, I can't hear you. I'm like, oh my god, yeah, you know how like like speaking of it, speaking of.
Speaker 1: It then says everyone then and you go yeah, and they go I can't hear.
Speaker 2: And it's just like it gives me the eck.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, yes, if anything, I just like I just go.
Speaker 1: Like, I just can't with the whole I didn't hear you. Do it louder or do it with more energy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then it's like the people next to you going yeah, I'm like no.
Speaker 2: Which is me.
Speaker 4: It's also me yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: I'm really proud of us for not doing this at three pm though, because we've tried the last few times and it's been.
Speaker 2: Is at three pm.
Speaker 1: We've done really well, because we're like marginally less chaotic, margin marginally at one thirty, but the actual purpose of this episode and we're twenty seven minutes in and you've had to sit through this, so apologies.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I know those it doesn't even have it, you know what you used to have so much structure.
Speaker 2: Well, we started with three parts.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know, recommendation, what else?
Speaker 2: There were three parts with the other two yahborhood, neighborhood, all things in the neighborhood, like cool stories that we've heard.
Speaker 1: Recommendation was like books, movies, songs, tiktoks, whatever to go and like peruse. And then what was the first segment called caught Up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But was it called was it?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Years of our lives? Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Just call it?
Speaker 3: Like I don't think we've done that for a year at least of having any level of structure. We used to come really prepared that we used to have a whole we get an agenda, like definitely watch this, and now we're just like when was our last episode?
Speaker 2: Are you imitating me?
Speaker 1: Is my favorite thing?
Speaker 2: It's too funny.
Speaker 1: Every time someone messages me and it's like, oh my god, And I love listening to you, and I'm like, oh, you poor things.
Speaker 2: If you don't listen to them, I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: I come going to this.
Speaker 2: Like that's quel laugh of just breathing.
Speaker 3: Because silent, that's what I because sometimes we laugh so much that we're like falling backwards in our chair with silent. So the audience is just like the audience.
Speaker 1: I think because the other episode, the guest episodes are so.
Speaker 2: Structured and so like because I want.
Speaker 1: To bring out the same themes but through different stories. The actual questions are really similar for each person, even though their answers are really different. Like that's where it's you know, so different from episode to episode. But I think because that structure is very similar all the time, it's like chronological order. We cover like the shitty bits, the self doubt, the imposter syndrome, Like there's so much similarity in those that I think in this episode.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it didn't mean to interrupt your schedule, Wall.
Speaker 4: I just need to pause my bike work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like people who do listen to these enjoy that we aren't so structured. Maybe I don't know who could know who could say?
Speaker 4: Who could because the audience isn't.
Speaker 2: Lie don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that it's because it is like I catch up among friends, that they're just a fly on the wall, for which they literally are, because there is is just us catching up. I often save asking you what you've been doing until we start recording.
Speaker 2: We don't do a catch up.
Speaker 4: I do wonder why sometimes So just doesn't care about what I've been up.
Speaker 1: To saving it August WHI is just mute, just doesn't want to talk to me because we're saving it.
Speaker 4: And then we get to the podcast, We're like, what have we done this show?
Speaker 1: We've actually I think we've been I don't know, every eight weeks this.
Speaker 2: Year or something.
Speaker 4: As we've discussed August, so every.
Speaker 2: Time before that, yeah, once a quarter. How many episodes did we.
Speaker 3: Have done at the time where we actually were really on the two every two weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think even like since Teddy, I think the Bandwagon definitely not since Teddy, which is obviously understandable. And I'm so pleased that we've been back weekly. I hope you guys have been enjoying that recently. It's taken a lot of restructuring and dedication and effort and a lot of last minutes. Although it downs, but I really wanted to be more accountable again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also because you enjoyed doing it. Yeah, look, it's something you actually really enjoyed doing so.
Speaker 1: And Teddy's a bit more predictable now. So we've finally been able to go back to recording. Remember when I just like could not record.
Speaker 4: But he's the curtes secutest world.
Speaker 2: He's actually the cutest.
Speaker 4: I always say, I think he's quite brutiful cute.
Speaker 1: He's actually he's actually he's gifted, you know, he's just he's accelerated program he's historically done his masters. Okay, No, he's the sloollest little boy. He was so excited to see you.
Speaker 4: He loves he's so smiley right now.
Speaker 2: He's so he's very animated and very explorational.
Speaker 4: Is that a word.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yes, that is the word explorational.
Speaker 4: It's very like he's very fidgety, but in a way that he just wants. He just wants to explore.
Speaker 3: He wants to be on his feet, he wants to jump around like he's probably he's dying to walk.
Speaker 2: He's so desperate, isn't he He wants to move around?
Speaker 4: But I think then when he does walk. It's going to be going to be he's going to be high steps. Boy, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Going to be climbing, he's going to be jumping off.
Speaker 4: He's only one of those becaus.
Speaker 2: Like, why do you think we got rid of the tables?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It was a really sad day. RP my tables.
Speaker 4: But it's very exciting. He's going to have your first Christmas. Oh my god, he's not even going to remember.
Speaker 2: We had Santa photos.
Speaker 4: We see I told you, so it just goes mute when I see him. Photos happened in July.
Speaker 2: Probably like three day years ago.
Speaker 1: He was so cute, but because he's having he's just entered stranger danger for the first time, which you know, because you hadn't been over in a while. And he like cried for one second and then he got over it. But Santra was so funny. He was like, I suggest that you back in, So we like reversed in, Like all three of us walked backwards and like it was like beep, beep beep, and then like literally hid him from Santa. So Nick and I were on either side and then all three of us sat.
Speaker 2: On one side.
Speaker 1: So it was such an unbalanced photo because Santra's meant to be in the middle and Teddy didn't even know he was there.
Speaker 3: Remember that first time I've never seen the dude is Santa.
Speaker 2: It was really cute though, because he wasn't crying, which was really sweet.
Speaker 4: I also wondered, and.
Speaker 2: He wore his little Santra outfit.
Speaker 4: Do you think that Santa's have to have like some like children training what did they just learn that on the job.
Speaker 1: I think they they definitely have to have working with children chaps like the street. Well I think that's it used to be, yeah, probably, but now they're like they're like world chosen. And even the fact that he's like at babies of this age do get a little bit overwhelmed, so I would suggest you don't turn around and kind of like walk towards.
Speaker 2: Me really rapidly.
Speaker 1: It was really good because obviously he'd had a lot of crying babies and you're the best photos, so that was really cute.
Speaker 4: It's his first.
Speaker 1: Christmas and he's just like he's saying like lots of babble, so he's really going like mah, he's saying he hasn't said mamma yet, but he said like m for the first time yesterday and then bah baba like he's saying stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, to speak it really soon. He's like eight months now.
Speaker 2: Now eight months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he couldn't be walking next month.
Speaker 2: I stop it.
Speaker 4: Seriously. It's going to be great but also terrible for you because where is this point? I jomped down the stairs. Do you see the other day?
Speaker 2: I found him under the table. I was like, how did you get their? Buddy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna be what are you doing? He's gonna be a false risk.
Speaker 1: And he just looked at me and he was like, well, I'm just obviously I'm doing my emails.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at you know, thinking about baby proving your house every single corner.
Speaker 2: We've entered the non aesthetic phase of our lives.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to have a baby door at the stair.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know we bought Sure it's in there.
Speaker 4: Oh I got it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So it's been another ten minutes since I first said that I had something to say for good. But the entire purpose of this episode was because Angefoot has.
Speaker 4: Fine. No, this is where I say it.
Speaker 1: No, I just for no reason, I led to the audience response, I really just wanted to a dramatic effect and filmed in front of a live studio audience.
Speaker 3: Well, the big announcement is a big actually pretty good big.
Speaker 4: Life It is a big life change update.
Speaker 1: We should have started with that instead of like how do you pronounce apple?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, by this point there's two people still listening to the.
Speaker 3: Two people have a really big announcements started at the beginning is that we are moving. We're not including Sarah is he. We are moving to Queensland in like it's actually five weeks.
Speaker 1: So I think the reason why we haven't talked about it on an episode is because we're in denial.
Speaker 4: But we're actually both in very much.
Speaker 1: In denial, like as in I keep planning stuff like we're catching up with you guys know that we love doctor Brandy and she's been on twice, the team doctor for the Tillies, who we just somehow got along with like a house on fire. I caught up with her in Italy, so random, and she's coming to Melbourne. She wanted to come to Melbourne for us to all have a catch up in January and I was like, yeah, sure, and then I realized you're not going to be living here anymore.
Speaker 2: I know, just a full breakdown.
Speaker 3: I truly am Internet. I think I'll probably just sob not because I'm not excited.
Speaker 4: I am excited. It's kind of one of those things where.
Speaker 3: Has always said she wants to live by the beach before thirty, and I've always kind of in my brain said I have to live somewhere at least once in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't done a stint somewhere.
Speaker 3: And I've done like lots of backpacking travel, like I went for five months, but it wasn't necessarily living in a place, you know, because you know, you lived in France for a period, in Hong Kong for a period for work. I've not done that, and I am very comfortable where I am because I have the best family and I have my people. If it wasn't for my really strong relationships, like my people, my group of five and my circle.
Speaker 4: Whatever you want to call it, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I would be, as I guess, sad to the Melbourne because I would be like, this is an exciting new adventure, which it is, like I'm actually very excited to kind of like I'll be by the.
Speaker 4: Beach, will probably end up living south of Gold Coast area.
Speaker 1: And you're so outdoors y that like that whole Queensland lifestyle, that just being outdoors by five am, like that kind of outside all the time.
Speaker 2: I think you will love it.
Speaker 4: If it's a new place, new people, new lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I feel like a new Ya's. But on the foot side, would I would be lying if I would say there's like people here that make me week to week what my life is like.
Speaker 4: You know, like the feeling.
Speaker 3: Deep down of feeling safe and feel like if I ever had a shit down, I'll just come here like that safety net is a thing that's like kind of.
Speaker 4: The biggest loss.
Speaker 3: I'd say, not to say that I can't just come and fly down here, but I think the comfort of knowing that it's there, If it's there, even if I don't see you every week, I know that I can just rock up after a triathlon and sit on your couch or something or a really shit time, then you know, yeah, we'll be nearby. And the same goes for you like Chris. And then obviously now that there's babies involved you I love so much. That's the aspect that's really sad. I think everyone that I've told about the move somewhat shocked because I'm so settled here, Like I'm so everyone knows my family, but they know how tight we are.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows.
Speaker 3: The Funnily, the first thing most people say is what is Sarah new do Sarah?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh no, I literally haven't actually thought about it because I don't think it all. Like the logistics of it will settle until I go to do something I would have done with you, and then I can't. Like that's when I'll realize because at the moment, it's just this lofty yeah, like we've armed an art and we've gone through so much, you know, like we do before all big life decisions.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: And I think for the purposes of the show, it's exciting that in real time people get to hear that you have decided to do something that is uncomfortable. That is, you're not doing it because you have nothing here. You're doing it in spite of having great things here because you do want this life experience. It's kind of like for future you, you're doing something to like your future self.
Speaker 4: I know that I need it. I know that if I.
Speaker 2: Think when you get itchy for a new experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel like I would.
Speaker 3: I've told a lot of people, and I realized I actually haven't. I have thought a lot of people, but I also haven't, like I've told my people, and for me that's like everyone. And then I the other friends of friends that I haven't seen for ages, and they're like, what's up? And I tell them and they're like losing their minds because it's it's been fused to move, particularly for me, who is so just my life is in Melbourne, my friends, everything I do, my work, like everything is in Melbourne. Like it's it's very much concrete here, but there's so much in Queensland that I have one yet to explore, two yet to experience, and three I think if I were to have if we were to wait any longer.
Speaker 4: We were just you wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: It's like we've already waited.
Speaker 3: Like we started having this conversation maybe a year ago, and I was always like, oh, ex as pregnant and then lost, and we're gonna maybe get pregnant, and then we're kind of like okay, and then now it's kind of like every year someone's going to get pregnant, and every year something's going to happen that means that we.
Speaker 4: Push it back or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: So I think we were kind of like, if we don't do it, we just won't do it, and we'll probably regret it forever, because you know, we'll get to a period where perhaps we have a family, and then that becomes a really difficult thing to live freely somewhere else.
Speaker 1: And like, if you've got it in your system to spend an amount of time living elsewhere, which lots of people do, lots of really adventurous people want to live somewhere just the experience of it, then I think the longer you wait, the harder it does get to uproot your entire life.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, and I think, like maybe the wake up call was Catherine.
Speaker 3: I think she said in passing once this year, She's like, my biggest regret is not having lived anywhere else.
Speaker 4: Because she's done so much travel and so many cool things, but she has lived.
Speaker 1: This is Andre's sister, who is the original contact, the original point of contact for us, who I was really really close with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I think, and then the other thing is Jen, my other sister, is doing the same thing that she's she's doing.
Speaker 4: She's moving to the UK.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, your parents, I know.
Speaker 4: So Mom's like, don't talk about herself. So we really at home all we all know it's.
Speaker 2: Happening, but we don't discuss it ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just like I'm just like, oh, we're going in jail, and like.
Speaker 1: I like that with you still now, like you're still like I'm going, like it's in my calendar and I'm just like you're like.
Speaker 4: I'm not coming to your going away because then you're not going.
Speaker 1: I literally just ignored it. I don't even think of RSVP because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, what, it's truly one of if I didn't have such strong friendships, Like if I didn't have the friendship I have with you and with Chris and with a lot of like like cash even and Paul, I don't think it'll even be it of being like, oh no, it's difficult, but it would be like I guess, someone not selfish.
Speaker 4: But it would be wrong.
Speaker 3: For me to say that I'm not excited, because increasingly I get because it's summer now, I'm like, oh my god, where that just gets you out and it's really fun to do, you know, the water and the beach and the I've never worked an around than Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I've just the only thing that I.
Speaker 3: Guess scares me is is I've set up my career here in this very unique but amazing way that there I don't have that like right now. I rely on a lot of networks. Am I really strong networks here to continue.
Speaker 4: This very free life that I get to live.
Speaker 3: And I guess maybe the scary isn't the right word, But the only thing that's an very uncertain thing for me right now is what work looks like next year. And I think I've originally I found it scary if anything, or maybe I just more so find it a little bit sad that I have to kind of leave such good networks that I have here and I just don't know anyone up there. So if you're listening, please reach out because we can be friends for a real because I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: For our final upload upload Virgion sixteen point two.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interesting though, for people listening when so much of the show is about like twisting your pathway and little diversions are a little not little, sorry, big adventures that don't necessarily go in the direction that you might have thought, like a couple of years ago. I think it's really interesting to highlight that you can feel all those things at once, Like you can feel sad to leave what you have and excited to jump towards something, and unsure and scared because it isn't clear what it's going to look like. And that's it's kind of amazing to chat to you right now when it isn't sure, and yet you're going to do it anyway. And I think that's one thing that a lot of people don't do in regret, is that because they feel something's uncertain or scary, they don't do it. Whereas your feeling it's uncertain and scary and you're going to do it anyway, And I think that's kind of like you'll work it out, you'll get there, and for five minutes you won't know, and then you're kind of that uncomfortable feeling. Instead of running away from it, you're running towards it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's been a recent revelation for me only because I've reflected a bit more on how you and I particularly have with your lives, and it's that we don't even know what opportunity is going to come next month, let alone trying to plan for next year, and so our life even in Melbourne is uncertain. So the changing of location is not that scary because the uncertainty is like a like it's a constant.
Speaker 4: It's a constant, and it's like a base.
Speaker 3: So the uncertainty for me is not actually that scary. It's actually I truly, it's just the people that I love that I don't get to be within an arms distance from.
Speaker 4: I'd say, the uncertainty about work and where we're living, even we.
Speaker 3: Don't have a place yet, what that looks like is actually probably the most exciting thing for me, I'd say.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the only I'd say, the only. Now that I'm doing this live reflection, I don't think I have reflected on it.
Speaker 3: But I don't think i've verbalized often because again we have been dona that we haven't even spoke us.
Speaker 2: We haven't actually spoken about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we haven't spoken about this.
Speaker 3: We have said that I'm moving a lot, but we haven't actually done this whole like deep dot how you're feeling about it?
Speaker 1: And every time Hans says, oh my god, I need to maximize time with thirty, I'm like, why, Like, don't even come over today. It's fine, he'll see you next week. Like I literally am not adjusting my behavior according to because I refuse.
Speaker 2: To accept because now it's creeping.
Speaker 3: It's a five weeks stop it, Yes, seriously, so jan five week kind of officially leave and we've done some things that start the process, but it just doesn't feel still that we're going. And I think both of us are kind of like it's happening, but we don't realize it's happening. Like, yes, they were like, we probably should book some sort of freight vehicle hey to like get up because we just hadn't thought we think about in episodes of thinking about it, but then right now life's so busy. But yeah, I'd say the biggest sadness is just the people on the network and the friendships that I have here. The exciting thing is everything else. It's you know, the weather, the you know, I'll probably do some triathlons and you know, being near the beach and then new people in a very new environment, and then we are actually I think we've organized it in the most perfect way for the transition to be.
Speaker 4: Smooth and not, as I guess, abrupt.
Speaker 3: So we're driving up and then we're going to Central America for a month, which is like great holidays, something really exciting to look forward to.
Speaker 4: Then we come back and we only.
Speaker 3: Back for about five weeks before we go again to Korea, and then we go to Vietnam for my Grammar's birthday, and.
Speaker 4: Then I'm back for a week and then I'm to amp Slam for bloom Effects.
Speaker 2: So big first half of the year.
Speaker 3: Before May even gets here, I would have been in the country for six weeks.
Speaker 1: So our next years of our lives will be May seven. We have no it's in the calendar for May twenty twenty five, but we'll push it out fee twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like, if anything, we need to do even more, because yeah, that's all I'll be like, oh my god, oh my god, God is crazy.
Speaker 1: Like you know what, though, we actually need to do because you will be having big revelations as you adjust to a new scenario. I feel like it is a good time to do a record of like, yeah, this was hard, or like for anyone who's moved to a new city, this is a really good like beta test, Yeah, to sort of see someone has like plunked themselves into a new place. So let's it's like an experiment. Let's see how you go without your normal support network and like making friends, Like you're an awkward turtle. Thank You're right like you because no one but you're not because people only see you with people that you're so comfortable.
Speaker 3: Thank you, because Okay, I have tried to fight my cause about this for so long, and you're not the first because you know your best mate just knows you. Yes, I've always told people I'm actually an introverted extrovert and yeah, no one like of my new friends will like ever agrees, except this one time Clarie was like, I don't believe you. I don't believe you are like ask Chris, ask Chris, Becrius like no, it's true. Like if you are Sarah, you'd say the same thing, because I'm actually My defense mechanism for being highly socially anxious is talking too much, like I'm oh my god, high like oh my god, so did so what did you do today?
Speaker 2: Like oh my god, my bell, I just like.
Speaker 3: Really hide in a corner with a phone or like hold on to the one person I know in the situation.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I do I are actually very awkward turtle.
Speaker 1: But you know what's interesting about you, I think you are So everyone has their own reaction in a new environment, but we all have a different amount of time it takes to get comfortable in that new environment, and yours is just quicker. So you go from awkward turtle to comfortable quicker than the average person. It's just because of that. Most people don't see you in that scenario very often because you get over it straight away.
Speaker 2: So you are awkward turtle.
Speaker 1: But then once you meet one friend that you get along with, then suddenly you're really close.
Speaker 2: Really quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Whereas some people aren't as uncomfortable as you at the beginning, but then it takes them a just to warm up.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Yeah, yeah, definitely, that's how I see it.
Speaker 3: And I think it's because I rely on that one connection, whatever it is it is, best friends, Yeah, to hold on to that so that every other future group or social event is not as scary, because I'm like, oh, I know this one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's enough for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just need one oh yes, Like it's okay for you to turn up and not know that many people like you will come with me.
Speaker 2: Anywhere. You don't need to know anyone else I can ever.
Speaker 4: Think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas if.
Speaker 1: You didn't, you wouldn't go to any of those rooms and feel comfortable if I wasn't there, if you had no connection.
Speaker 4: I'm so interesting, deadly awkward.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the other thing is, like, you know, in being an adult, making new friends is such a weird thing. And the last time you did it, and I thought that being a making new friends is when I first started at roll wed but and I was like, but it wasn't really because I've gown in Melbourne, Like, I had so many friends from childhood that no matter if I didn't make if I didn't make any new friends, I had existing friends.
Speaker 1: This instances like I've got no backup, you're loner. Look at my dog photos cute.
Speaker 2: Walk past someone and be like, oh my dog, yeah cute?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: Oh he's cute. Yeah, his name's Roomy. Oh you didn't say anything. Oh, okay, my name's Anechi.
Speaker 4: You actually won't know me if I'm sissy.
Speaker 1: Do you don't know me from yours from like our quarterly episode? No, but I'm really excited to see I feel like it'll be like really valuable for people to hear you go through the transition and interesting that you aren't moving for your career, because I think the only thing that normally would pull someone away is if their career prospect was so strong, or they moved for love or something that's like kind of come out of nowhere and it's all consuming. But yours hasn't been like that. It's been like this slow burn idea that kind of grew and then it's kind of like it's not one of those things that normally draws you into a different place. So it's interesting, it'd be really really cool to follow along. It's and also awful on the worst day of my life.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be both at once.
Speaker 3: And this has been the great This is like being the great thing of us being in to know because we truly haven't spoken about it. But it's always good because I always I love you, know me, You're like my moral compass, and you say.
Speaker 4: You're like my mom.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not that old of Jesus. Some days you are some days sometimes.
Speaker 1: I'm all them, sister, And I'm like, but.
Speaker 3: No, is that your I value your perspective a lot, and I feel like sometimes I just need someone else to tell me what I need.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're in.
Speaker 3: Those things where it's been so overwhelming to think about that, you're like, I can't actually see that straight. All the lines are blur and often to you and I'm like, do you think I should do this? Not because you know, I can't make that decision for myself, but it's often that I've thought so much about it and I'm like, I'm into too close, yeah, whereas and you know me actually so incredibly well that there's I think there's actually been times where when I was writing here, I was thinking about it. Where when I quit physio fall time two years ago, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, should I do it? And You're like, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Been eight months now that since the first time you said that to me, and you're still saying it. So I think yes, and I think itching, and I kept being not stressed, but I kept being like financially, like, how does that even work for me? And the one thing you said was that, well, you doing this maybe per you know, like base salary, you're getting less or whatever it is, but it gives you the opportunity to make more because you have more control over the time that you because it's all you know, like freelance or remote work, where whereas at the hospital you can you're stuck somewhere from nine to five, and so the extra hours of being able to make more is really limited, whereas now you have anyway, So you said that to me, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, true, And on my ride here, that's like the one thing I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: I was like, remember that time Sairly said you'd probably be able to make more because you have the time to take more opportunities to do it.
Speaker 4: And I was like, that's exactly what's happened.
Speaker 2: I'm a genius, you are. That's the end of the story.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So long short, going to visit a lot. It's going to be a fun place to visit and.
Speaker 2: I'll be so good for Teddy like water and apparently where we.
Speaker 3: Want to live is where it's really family friendly because a massive creek and it's right next to it.
Speaker 4: It's like ten minutes from the Golgos airport where there's always really cheap flights.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, coolly so cheap.
Speaker 3: And then and also the other thing is that we've kind of given it too years with knowing the first six months, we're going to be traveling heaps, so knowing how quickly years go, I think it'll just fly. But at the same time, I'll come back and Teddy's like three.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like he's three already. It's just happening so far.
Speaker 4: So I'll be back and forth.
Speaker 3: I'd imagine quite a lot to visit Teddy and other babies at all being born, all in the next twelve months.
Speaker 4: And I always forget that. I'm like, you're not moving to like Antarctica. I know it one hour.
Speaker 2: I think it's like fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: Seriously, It's like is at the same time, No, it's an hour different, Like what is it?
Speaker 4: No, because I've done that Savings is it too? I think right now is maybe just one.
Speaker 1: I love how we both have our phones within three inches to Google. In my life, it's like forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: It's not a factual podcast accurate accuracy.
Speaker 1: Go somewhere else or at least not yeahs not fast to talking that.
Speaker 2: You should know better, you should know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a big update, Like I don't even know. I can't even talk about it anymore because I'm like, no, it's not happening. But like, I'm glad, I'm really glad we had that chat. Yeah, me too, I'm kind of but also I refuse to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you want to know how I'm feeling, donut, it's a naise of my life at this moment. I'm excited for you, but I'm sad.
Speaker 4: But do we do like a naty like you're eighteen?
Speaker 3: Yourey, what were your nighty's in twenty twenty four and Foot went overseas and.
Speaker 4: That was a big name.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Now every episode that we do is going to be noral nads of our lives.
Speaker 3: No, and this is when we pos like I had all these dop points, I didn't even get to them.
Speaker 2: I'll say them for next time. No, it was just like cute little things. Watching it make me happy.
Speaker 1: So you'll have to wait till twenty twenty nine to hear my recommendations. I love that I was so aspirational and I truly believed I would get to my dot points.
Speaker 2: I actually made top point.
Speaker 4: I'm really proud of you. Do you want to just quickly starts shut down?
Speaker 2: No, because you know me, it'll take another fifty minutes.
Speaker 4: No, your first top point will be like, actually, reminds.
Speaker 1: Me remember that time like seven years ago. Every also, oh my god, wicked. And then we'll go all the way around the circle.
Speaker 4: And then what's the new pronunciation once?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, it's why ed Okay, oh god.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited for you guys. This means we will be doing I guess like remote normal. I guess yeah, we're going to be doing right, but there'll be lots of I feel like the updates and revelations will be coming thick and fast because you'll be like on this adventure and.
Speaker 4: We'll need it to catch up.
Speaker 1: You guys will do you know what we should do for this episode. We should just record our face times and.
Speaker 4: I think we're talking face times. We just.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, guys. The biggest years of my life.
Speaker 1: It was us a wicked when Clary caught a video of us doing out. You guys know, we do those weird facial expressions at each other and we just know what it means and no one.
Speaker 2: Else gets it. She caught this seven second video.
Speaker 1: It just happened to get us doing the weirdest face at each other, and we knew what we were talking, no one else knew, and I was like, is that what we look like to other people?
Speaker 4: It was like it maybe sign language.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like one hundred percent. You weren't even looking at me, like I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was on my phone, and then suddenly I broke into the same action, like I didn't even I didn't see you before I did the same action.
Speaker 4: We're just so oblivious to everyone. We just think like it's our own world and no one else.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 4: Literally, she was like, you guys are like two.
Speaker 3: Pieces of a point and she showed me and I was like, I couldn't even tell you when in that night that happened.
Speaker 2: Because I know, but I also like, I didn't know we look like that when we do it. I was like, oh my gosh, that's what other people see. Literally, it's like, oh my god, never showed me that.
Speaker 3: Every day sometimes it's like, why are you guys talking so loud that we just have no understanding that the world exists.
Speaker 1: There's like a whole neighborhoods, there's a white neighborhood out there. Thank god there's no live audience, because it just'd be awful for everyone anyway. Any of the two who were already dropped off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, be guys.
Speaker 4: We from.
Speaker 1: So I've obviously been a lot more dedicated to weekly episodes.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: The other day we got I didn't even know because I haven't been looking at this because I don't do this for like, this is not a gossip show, so obviously we're not going to be right up the top with you know, your Mum and Meir out lab this Shane Less like all those kind of shows. Anyway, we were number thirty seven in Australia on the Child the other day.
Speaker 2: I was like, I thought we dropped off that like one years ago. I didn't know until like a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you all so much for coming back while we've been you know, getting our groove back again and getting back to more regular We were like number eleven in our category in Society and Culture, which is like the big category with all of the big like talk shows anyway, and that's without like kind of topical gossipy current topics anyway. So I had also been trying to make a bigger effort to post episodes or things that aren't out yet in other like that, I haven't posted on socials or that the episode has just gone live in the Facebook group. Happened every post because I haven't been on it for so many years.
Speaker 2: The reach on Facebook is like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even come up in my fee so I don't know who's It's like three people saw it anyway, Elizabeth Holloway and Duty.
Speaker 4: Still they know.
Speaker 2: They just like every post.
Speaker 1: The support I get from my mum and my auntie and nobody else is so so I'm like, you know, I would really like to be not just pushing this out to my family.
Speaker 3: You're eleven because I'm so cute. Your auntie Judy has bought twelve hundred phones and one.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's really cute.
Speaker 1: So I will get a little bit better at the Facebook group. But yeah, it's really cute. They literally like every post and no one else.
Speaker 4: It's so cute. Can everyone also just like write a review or something? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I never forget to ask you have like this is ask people to do that because.
Speaker 3: If you are actually listening, can you, if you are actually got to the end of this, can you please put like a review with like a nugget word in it to know that it's come from this review.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is some meaning from this episode? Should the word be oh, code word?
Speaker 1: Code word is we're going to be here to like If no, you don't, you can't work.
Speaker 4: That podcast.
Speaker 3: If I was so good, I had so much fun listening to. If to that.
Speaker 2: Is great, just leave, my God, we have to finish.
Speaker 1: If you are to listening God, oh my goodness, thank you so much for sticking with us.
Speaker 2: This will be our last years of our lives.
Speaker 1: For the year, because I think we have actually finished recording. I think I'm that far now, which is wild because I was not ahead for a very.
Speaker 3: Long that the first one back actually has to do like a year review because we haven't even done.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, or like a resolutions.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, especially so I'm not going to get to my fucking dot points then either I haven't even said just really cute, feel good stuff that I found on the internet. We're really not We're really not good.
Speaker 2: Okay, one of them is. Okay, one of them is. It's not feel good. It is for me.
Speaker 1: But it's just the random fact that February next year. Wait, it's not even that relevant. It's February twenty twenty six. It's like when the calendar is laid out in February because it's twenty eight days, where it's like one to twenty eight is just four rows. That makes me so happy that that satisfies my brain so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, we didn't get to your dop points.
Speaker 1: No, but the other one is like, you know how because it's Thanksgiving? Yeah, like in the States, any.
Speaker 2: Doing my points? We need to stop do this one.
Speaker 1: So in twenty sixteen, I don't know if you guys have heard this, but this guy Jamal, who's like this young, like cool looking guy, who accidentally got a text message from this older woman who's a grandmother and I think she was many. She meant to message her entire family saying, dear everyone, Thanksgiving dinner at six point thirty, bring a plate or something like that, and she sent it to the wrong guy and he said who's this and she said grandma, And he's like, send a photo because I don't think you're my grandma. And she goes, yes, I'm here at work and send a photo of herself and he sends back this like wrapper looking photo, going you're not my grandma?
Speaker 2: Can I still get a plate?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: And she rides back. Of course you can. That's what grandma's do. They feed everyone. He went to the dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Stop.
Speaker 1: And so she had meant to invite her grandson but mistakenly sent his number. They have shared Thanksgiving dinner every year.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: Well shit, okay, we said twenty sixteen. We'll reshare this on sash. That's the sweetest thing.
Speaker 4: That is really sweet.
Speaker 1: And I just have been in my scrolls and I didn't have any recommendations for so long because I wasn't scrolling because i was just being a mum.
Speaker 2: But now I've got a little bit more time. I just found all these really nice, feel good things.
Speaker 1: And one more I just have to say, if you guys really need to be shit, if you really need to smile, America's got talent. This is really old news, but I just rediscovered it the other day. Actually he's this year's winner, but it's from a couple of months ago, so it's not like super new anyway. The winner this year is a school janitor called Richard Goodall, who looks like exactly what you think like stereotypical. I don't know what a stereotypical school janet looks like. But he doesn't look like in the movies a superstar, like with this incredible voice, like a rock star voice. Anyway, you know how those auditions where they just have totally underestimated the person and then they blow everyone away and it's and all their school students are there. Anyway, we watched his audition all the way through to the grand final, like every single song that he sang, and in the end, so the song I think that he the one he wowed them within his audition for one of the rounds, they got the original band to play with him.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: That is so sad and it just made.
Speaker 1: Me want to cry because he's an extraordinary singer, but he looks like one of those people that would forever be underestimated. You'd never find out he had that skill. Without shows like that, there's no way he would have been discovered. And it just was so feel good. So if you have a bad day, go and look out Richard Goodell.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I'm glad you did a couple of dop points because then we leave on a happy note.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're both like Rando an American, and I don't feel like I did a really comprehensive job of my dop points.
Speaker 3: But we did also say that we're in podcast ten minutes ago, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Also I love how we doing like thirty minute bite sized episodes and it's been an hour and six minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bye Bay, Bye
Speaker 3: Jan Framinate woman and frommen regina um