Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast. Mom and Mayor acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello and welcome to Cancel, the podcast that looks at silly celebrity crimes and as science charges and sentences to them so that we can all move on with our lives. I'm Jesse Stevens and I'm joined by Claire Stephens. And Claire do you have a Lazy Girl story for us today? I do, and it's really brief, which we love from a Lazy Girls story. Do you know ways the app wa z E. No, it's like maps, but then it's also like where police cars are and stuff. Yeah, so a lot of people illegal. Yeah, okay, I guess so. But it's like, you know, if you're going on a drive up the coast use ways, is this like I would mark that I saw a police car? Like how did they even know? Correct? Because one thing that Lazy Girls are really bad at as like leaving a review and like contributing to the community. We reap all the better benefits. But we don't contribute to Google reviews, but we appreciate them. Yeah, exactly, we'll go through them for a very long time, never left one trip Advisor, but honestly, trip Advisor review, thank you to the people who leave them. Lazy girl story. My ways appeah is somehow in Dutch and I simply cannot be bothered to work out how to change it back. Is she to English? Absolutely not right? And so she's then sent a screenshot, okay of everywhere, like she's typed in like half an address and it is an Australian address in Dutch. She's a lazy girl. Okay, Well that's just easy. Every time you need address, you need to Google translator into Dutch and then tell your ways the Dutch version of it. Is that what she's doing. I don't think so. I think she's just kind of learning to live with it. But it's like she's learning Dutch. Like one of the addresses, for example, is in Marrickville and it's like Marrickville, New sued Well, Australia. I think that's Australia. It sounds right, it does, it does sound right. I think honestly, she's winning by the fact that it is still doing local addresses. See sometimes my apps go confused and they give me a you're looking for Merrickvilla in Texas, and I'm like maybe, like not really. Also, this is not totally related, but when I went to Europe, TikTok thought I was Russian and I only got Russian tiktoks. I'm about to go overseas again, and I just really hope TikTok is updated algorithm. I'm traveling and I still seek English. Please give me my tiktoks if I still want local tiktoks on my holiday. Yes, with maybe a taste from where I'm at in my native tongue. You are about to enter the canceled courtroom. The defendants are celebrities, the chargers are petty, the rulings a final plant. Today we are talking about American actor Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, alright.
Speaker 1: Whose name I have spelt differently on every page of my script. Mc conn mac connaughey, mccon connie. Is there an O U g H? Is there any any y O g h E y A y A y who could know for sure? Y y y e y oh. You might know him from some of the best films of all time, including Interstellar. I need to tell me to see in the world and Dallas Buyers Club.
Speaker 2: You've tested positive for h OV, you made.
Speaker 1: A fucking mis Day, and other films such as Failure to Launch and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and the one The Guy Address a Guy ten Days problem.
Speaker 3: I do not, we have a problem.
Speaker 1: We'll get sexy and Matt I would say sexy and all of it. Yes, particularly in that he was born in Texas and fun fact his parents got married three times and divorced twice to each other. Yes, he has three kids and he's married to Camilla Alvin hold On. What's his middle name. It's David Matthew David McConaughey checks out. Sounds Texan. Yeah, no, it makes sense. My structure for today is as follows. Questionable films, falling out with his mum, the time his mum was a bit naughty, my personal confusion about whether or not him and Woody Harrelson are brothers. Ye and weird quotes a ready, Yes, questionable films, Claire, Mister Matthew McConaughey maybe one of my personal favorite actors of all time. He was in True Detective, who was also in Wolf of Fall Street where he did this things. Yes, and he improvised it and everyone knows that. Yes, And he said, alright, is that where he said it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he said it's such a good quote. Producer to this was telling us it was his first ever movie and he put it in the improvised. Actually, I don't have this in my script, but I've got to tell you about I got to the bottom of his first ever role. What was it? And it was in Unsolved Mysteries. It was one of those Telly shows where you have to re enact a murder. Oh. We were obsessed with those. Yeah, And it was like a Texas thing and his role was to be shot in his front yard and he was like, well, it's Texas, it would be hot, and like he took his shirt off and he was so sexy. He was really really sexy in that, and like he stole it. He stole the show. He was in Magic mic Oh my gosh, he was too yep. But before all that, he exclusively did romantic comedies because of his face. I once dated someone who looked a bit like Matthew McConaughey and he wasn't nice to me and he wasn't an interesting one. Everyone in Sydney dated him because he looked like looked ever so slightly like Matthew McConaughey, like a bad Emney. Matthew McConaughey. If you've dated this guy, please reach out because I think it's the same one. He doesn't have the charisma, but he vaguely has the face. Anyway. His real breakout role was The Wedding Planner with One j Lo. Claire McConaughey plays a pediatrician, and I just want to show you the movie poster to see if you can recognize how they signposted that he was a doctor. Is there anything hotter than a pediatrician? For one? For two, he is wearing glasses. He's wearing glasses, which indicates he's studious, not a stethoscope. I thought they might put that on for the boaster. Yeah, they could have signposted that clearer. So what happens is that Lopez is a wedding planner. She gets asked to plan a wedding, which is good for her business. But while on the phone to this person who's like, can you play my wedding, her shoe gets stuck in a manhole cover, and then a taxi collides with a dumpster, which is heading for her and is going to kill her, and then this person comes out of nowhere and saves her life. And that person is pediatrician McConaughey.
Speaker 4: Hah, oh you okay, okay, I'm great, Okay, where's my shoe? Your shoe?
Speaker 1: You got it right here. His name is Steve, and they fall in love in the rain and they kiss. This is all just on one day, but the film needs a complication. Yeah. I was gonna say, it's not a love story if there's nothing keeping mard. I just want you to guess what the complication is. You get one. Guess he's married. Yes, ah, that's actually quite cool. Actually he wasn't. He wasn't married. You miss the part where she was on the phone planning a wedding. It was his wedding. It was his wedding. Oh and it doesn't. That just go to show the mental woe. The woman is planning the wedding and the man's walking about saving from top distrack on a care in the world, not a care in the world. He's like, oh, I've got a spare two hours when my wife plans our wedding. Do you need saving I'm a pediatrician. That's not related to the dumpster. There's also some guy named Massimo who Lopez doesn't like but is engaged to know how it is people get engaged too easily in film. I think she gets engaged to Massimo because she's said that Steve is engaged to the person who's she's fighting. We've all done anyway, just planned Steve's wedding, even though she really likes him and she's really smart, as indicated by its glasses. Anyway, Lopez was nominated for a Razzie for West Actress. That's not first, it's not fair, and just for context, a Razzie is an award for being terrible, for being absolutely terrible. They said there wasn't a lot of chemistry. I disagree. The poster looks cute. A few years later, McConaughey does a little known film called How She Is a Guy. In ten Days, I have written here perfect, no notes, wonderful, no notes. If I was writing a rom com, two words, ah bet it's gonna be the web ten. So what they did is they saw ten Things I Hate about You, which was done in nineteen ninety nine, and then I think this was like two thousand and three, and they were like, look, we can't rip it off directly, but what we need is a bet. We need the word to ten in the title, and we need a scene where a man sings yeah, because he Ledger did the thing there. No, isn't it hersing, But in this they do. You're so vain. They do a bit of seeing some of it. It's like, it's got to have a moment, what the mirror as you make sure you had a really cool there's other girls like the baby and baby his partner. So always gotta have a song. It's gotta have a song, a dance for relief. Then five years later they were like, okay, how to lose a guy in ten Day's success? Massive success? Or we should make that film again. So what they did was they made something called Fool's Gold. I've heard of that, haven't seen it. Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. The pitch broadly think how to ski in ten Days, but with more lost Treasure. Oh no, we don't need lost treasure. There's lost treasure.
Speaker 3: I can drive this pictures.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. We saw have the three hundred year Old Mystery yesterday.
Speaker 1: They filmed it in Queensland and while Matthew enjoyed it because he got to swim with the Jewgong. Which fun fact about Matthew McConaughey, he spent time in Australia when he was twenty one years old. He came here to work on a property. He said it made him. Yeah, I think maybe in Queensland. I think that's why Australian's like green.
Speaker 3: Light, Green Lights.
Speaker 1: I guess why we like his book because we're like, ye, Australia made us too. We didn't go and visit and he went through some trauma and then Australia helped him out of that. But he liked the Jewgong. The two cast members were stung by ira Kanji jellyfish. Oh no, they were, and then they were too afraid to go in the water, so they had to move it to the Caribbean. It was a whole thing. From what I can tell, everyone watched Fool's Gold and everyone hated it. I think at this point McConaughey was like, it would be nice to do a film that isn't the butt of a joke, but he'd already signed on to Ghosts of Girlfriend the Past. Damn it, which I looked up Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past recently because it is the film that I chronically insist that Ryan Reynolds was in, but he wasn't. The movie Ryan Reynolds is in is definitely maybe, and it's the same in that there are three women that he's like kind of right looking at, and he's got a daughter. Right. Well, I think that what they did with Ghost of Girlfriend's Past, which I didn't know, you know how Ten Things I Hate About You is loosely based on maybe a Shakespearean Every Terrible movie is like, We're based on Shakespeare. She's the man clueless all of that. Ghost of Girlfriend's Past is based Sorry, both those movies you just named a masterpiece masterpieces, but this one was based on Charles Dickens The Christmas Carol Claire. I would like you to describe the plot of Ghost of Girlfriends Past from memory, because we've seen it at least three times. All right, Matthew Bigconnaughey is grouchy, yes, yes, yes, well said, goes through his past girlfriends. Yes, who are goes? Because? Yeah? And is horned by Does he learn a lesson? Yes? What is it? He's too grouch? Yeah? Well said, and then does he end up with a former girlfriend? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. So he goes to the wedding of his brother and his fiance, and while he's there, the ghost of his uncle obviously appears and warns him that he will be visited by three former girlfriends who are ghost plot hole. These girlfriends aren't dead, yes, they're still live. That's sort of ways. So if I was confronted with my Matthew McConaughey X, I wouldn't assume he was a ghost. I would assume he's my ex boyfriend and I haven't seen a while, And you'd be like, hey, hey, it's how normal to see you in that we both live in the same country and it's interesting to jump to ghost. Yeah, Alison's honor me remembered me. Ah, I could die now, I'm just kidding. I'm totally kidding. What are you doing here? Oh I'm like a ghost now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ghost of girlfriend's past in fact, but basically there's a ghost of his present person, then a ghost of his future. I don't understand. I don't understand. Then he he gets a premonition of the future and he's dead and his brother is the only person at his funeral because he's a piece of shit and needs a wake up call. Okay. Interestingly, people didn't hate it. Yeah, it was fine. I remember that being a bit of a hot one at the video shop. Yeah, it was. It was hard to get anyone just went I'll watch Matthew McConaughey for a few hours, do anything. There was an Emma Stone in it. I think there was a Jennifer Ganna in it. Yeah, there was definitely just have a play for two hours, I'll watch that, and that's what we did. But then he had a reconnaissance is what it's called. Did he call it that or have other people called it that? I don't think he hates that. That's what it's called. And he did Dallas Buyers Club, which is real acting, which is real acting? Did he go full method? Nobody had to wait for a while before anyone would give him a role because they were just like, you're from Fool's Gold and he was like, I don't want to talk about that. Claire falling out with his mum, McConaughey didn't speak to his mum for eight years. In a podcast interview with Yanna Kramer, McConaughey said at this point, just to be clear, I've actually just raised the oug h and it's just Micky Mickey said, I tried to change my mum for eight years. Her and I had an a strange relationship where I couldn't have more than a conversation of hi, mom, doing good, love you by anything she asked me. I couldn't tell her personally because she didn't have a governor. I think that's like a publicist. She'd go to the press. She showed up on hard copy. I think that's like a show taking people to my childhood bedroom, showing people this is where he lost his virginity. Mom, Mary Kathleen.
Speaker 2: If you just don't understand it, do your mom.
Speaker 1: Stop showing Matthew's bedroom, Claire? Is it just me? Or does this sound very mum? Mum would she'd love the fuss love, she would love the fame of it all. And Mary Kathleen did she got caught up in the fun, in the energy. You want to interview me, I'm available, I'm available always. I'm Mary Kathleen in Texas. I love drama. I love drama. Well, apparently, when he confronted his mum, he said, can you stop showing everyone where I lost my virginity. She said, I didn't think anyone would care. Power move, absolute, power move, and also quiet, mum, who do you think you are? Yeah? True, true, I am a beast. I am a beast, he said. There were years where I could not talk to her. I tried to change her. I need just a mum right now, not a fan, and I didn't have it. He'd test her with information to see if she'd like it, and she would. Mary Kathleen marry Kathleen. But then he just stopped telling her things and that improved their relationship and now they're best friends. Always checks her on the red carpet. He knows he just can't trust her with shit, so it doesn't tell her anything about his actual life, but takes her everywhere. Yes, and speaking of people, we cancelongway, Mary. Mary Kathleen's crimes don't stop there. They are only just beginning. The time. His mum was a bit naughty. I spoke before about Matthew McConaughey's wife, Camilla. I'm impressed because they've been married for twelve years and they have three children, and I had a feeling they were divorced, but that's Bradley Cooper. Yes see, I do get Matthew McConaughey and Bradley Cooper mixed up. Has Matthew McConaughey been married before. I don't think so. Just to this woman, just to Camilla, it feels like the real thing. On Southern Living's Biscuit and Jam podcast Alvez, who's forty one, said Mary was not initially welcoming of her. She said she did all these things when I first came in the picture right, and she was really testing me, I mean really testing me. She would call me by all of Matthew's ex girlfriend's names. She would start speaking Spanish with me in a very broken way. I got confused by this detail that Mary Kathleen would start speaking Spanish because I was like, hang on, I'm sure I've read that she's Brasilian and Brazilian people speak Putcha Geese, they don't speak Spanish. And I looked it up and there's no evidence that Camilla speaks Spanish. It's just like the wrong language and she's speaking it broken. So it's like if I look at you and go u na duer yeah, yeah, and it's like that's not my language. But you're right, but but I feel marcked. I do feel mocked. We're not understanding each other, and you're being borderline racist, Mary Kathleen. Would we say borderline blatantly racist? Mary Kathleen. Apparently Camilla then invited her on a work trip to try and befriend her, and everything just escalated and they had a massive fight.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: And then at the end Mary was like, Okay, fine, now you're allowed. She wanted to just test Camilla and see if she was the right person for her. Matthew calling her by ex girlfriend's names, A very ghost of girlfriends. Yeah, yeah, b very passive, aggressive, And I love it. It's testing because do you know he has a past? And do you know all about it? And did you know that you're very new and that I've known him since utero? Mary Kathleen, everyone knows you keep telling the magazines on the cameras. I've written here, Mary, behave yourself my personal confusion about whether or not Woody Harrelson is his brother, Claire. You will not believe who is central to this story, Mary Kathleen. Oh, Mary Kathleen comes up yet again. You can't just say that someone might be your brother and expect me to live with that. And that's what Matthew McConaughey did. He dropped a bomb. Oh, Woody Harrelson might be my brother. Well, you're in True Detective together. You're in True Detective together. And there are similarity, there are similarities. I've always thought it if your brothers, how if your brothers why if your brothers do a test? And Okay, The interesting thing about the similarities, some of them are physical. Some of them are kind of like mannerisms. This is what some of them are. Vibe why vibe wise, which we know is a genetic thing. So this is a story. Mary is on a family holiday with mcconaughe hey, Camilla, Woody Harrelson, and Woody Harrelson's wife, because they're really good family friends. Mary is always there and she's sitting around the table and Harrison Woody Harrelson's dad is in prison for murder. Interesting you mentioned that. So this is from Matthew McConaughey. That's the quote from him. I think he's in prison for murder. No, you're right, OK, because this is relevant In Greece a few years ago, we're sitting around talking about how close we are in our families, and my mom is there again. It's likewise Mary King there and she says, Woody, I knew your dad. Everyone was aware of the ellipses that my mom left after knew it was a loaded new.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll just say there is some veracity to that thought, because we talked to mamac Matthew's legitimate mother, and you know, I don't know. I mentioned something about regrets and I said, you know, it's odd that my father has no regrets, and she goes, I he knew your father.
Speaker 1: We went on to unpack what this new meant and did some math and found out that Woody's dad was on furlough at the same time that my mum and dad were in their second divorce. Then there's possible receipts and places out in West Texas where there might have been a gathering or a meeting or a new moment Claire Mary Kathleen saying, I fuck you on a holiday and Grace okay, But this is the thing, Mary Kathleen, you would know if you gave her Halson exactly the rabbit hole I went down and got really confused because I was going hang on. Woody Harrelson has Woody Harrelson's mum, and Matthew McConaughey has a Mary Kathleen. Right, how would it be that they're brothers? Firstly, half brothers is what she's saying. And she's saying that because we know Woody Harrelson's father is the convicted felon who died in prison. He was out for five minutes at the same time that Mary Kathleen allegedly had a little sexual rendezvous with him, which was about nine months before Matthew McConaughey was born. So they're half brothers because they would have the same father, they would have a convicted fellen father, different mothers. Okay, Woody Harrelson is like Mary Kathleen, you are not my mother, You are not more, you are not my mother. Did you sleep with my father? Yes, you told me that night in Greece, But I have my own mother. Apparently their kids call each other like Uncle Woody and Uncle Matthew, and all of their families are clearly alike. And then Woody Harrelson came out and said it was very much true that they were brothers and urged McConaughey to get a DNA test. He told Esquire, we haven't done a test, but there are too many times that I think to myself, my God, the similarities, the things he does, the things he says, just the way he is. I've felt it for years. Harrelson's dad died behind bars after a life of crime which saw him him working as a professional hit man for a textan drug lord. Mary Kathleen, What what you doing, Mary Cathay. He was out on a little break from prison and she was like, what a lovely man. Lovely man, let's make a Matthew honey. I would love to see a photo of him, because it would be hilarious if you're like, oh, that's clearly Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey's fast because I saw a picture. This is awful. But I saw a picture of Matthew McConaughey's father, and I was like, that's doesn't look like you. Oh, he looks like Woody Harrelson. I'm not sure if he looks like Matthew Mcconaughykay, show me, show me shit. Okay, Yeah, he's definitely got the Woody Harrelson's side of that. Jean Pool, I don't see I don't see a lot of McConaughey, but I do see Mary maybe in the eye. This is all quite complicated for McConaughey, who thought his dad was a guy named James. In his book, he outlines how his dad died of a fatal heart attack while climaxing. Oh did you think that the second part was of it? I think he was with Mary Kathleen. The climax was with Mary Kathleen. You can just say he died attack. I don't think you need to know the context.
Speaker 2: He said, boys, when I go, I'm going to be making love your mother, and he did. He called the shot. The paramedics are covering him and all the neighbors are out in the street. He's going out the garage down, So you know, what's the sensible thing to do at seven am? Covering My mom's out there half naked, ripping the sheet off, and we get that sheet off of him. You're gonna see how big Jim went out. We had a bonner at that point.
Speaker 1: And even with the climaxing, it's like, was it at the precise moment just before was questions? I want to I don't need more questions, because what happened is a tragedy, and I'm sorry for your loss, Claire. Are you ready for out of context Matthew McConaughey quotes, Absolutely all right. I chose five. I could have chosen three hundred. Some of them are good and wise. Something to note about every Matthew McConaughey quote is that it sounds a lot better coming from him. Yes, and then he'll try and do it in his accent. He could say anything and it would be inspirational. Actually, man who invented the hamburger or was smart, man who invented the cheeseburger was genius. I don't understand. I don't understand, Okay, if I was to benefit the rather than coming up with something totally original, it's smarter to take something original Gee's to it and call it something new because it's less work. But I know, cheezburger to me is very hamburger with GI's thy hamburger with geese. Here's the thing. I don't know if anybody copyright wise invented the hamburger. I don't know if anyone copyright wise invented the cheeseburger. Rather, and in fact, it could have been the same person probably it was just improvising, all right. I don't want to just revolve. I want to evolve as a man, as a human, as a father, as a lover. Revolve is used in the wrong content. Yeah, I don't want to revolve'll revolve like a revolving door, like a revolving restaurant. I don't want to go around in circles. I want to evolve like I don't. Just because the words sounds similar doesn't mean there's anything pretty them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People like sentence. They love to like, oh, like do a little fun thing like there is no I in team that kind of thing. Y's true, but there's not. There's a lot I always want to say there's not no Iron Team because there's no I in team, You know what I mean, that's a coincidence. That doesn't mean that doesn't mean what you think it does. I'm glad to be cleared that up. There aren't many things that are universally cool and it's cool not to litter. I'd never do it, Like it's fine hmmm, but like it's quoted on the internet and it's like you didn't invent not littering. Yeah, it seems superfluous to be like it's not cool to litter. It's like, yes, just like it's like, you know, it's very primary school. Don't be a litterbug. Pick up litter and jitter instead. It's very teacher. Yeah, saying littering isn't cool. And you think, now pick up ten things? Come on, everyone, pick up ten things before lunch finishes. Yes, And I think Matthew McConaughey is very that.
Speaker 4: He's very that.
Speaker 1: Okay. I believe the truth is only offensive when we're lying. That one real least you give me a second. Okay, the truth is only offensive when we're lying. Sometimes the truth is offensive. Yeah, but is it because you're lying. If the truth is only offensive when you're lying, then you didn't tell the truth. You lied, in which case lying is offensive. Oh my god, they're so glaver. No no, no, But if somebody came up to me and said, you look like crap today, absolutely true, which is offensive, But it's not offensive because because I'm lying. Okay, the last time. He's obsessed with liars. There's bullshitters, and liars liars hide their bullshit. Bullshitters tell you when they're lying. That's why I like bullshitters. So hold on, hold on, okay, bullshit liars hide their bullshit. Bullshitters tell you when they're lying. That's why I like bullshitters. I don't. I think lie. The fullishit bullshit is. If a bullshitter tells you that they're lying, then aren't they no longer bullshitting you? They're actually been quite honest. I'm so confused, me too. But it sounds different when he says bullshit.
Speaker 3: Bullshit, Mama.
Speaker 1: It does sound different and it has more gravity to it. And I completely agree, Claire. It is time for charges and sentences. My charge for today isn't for Matthew McConaughey. I really tried to actually find some crimes, and I don't know if you've noticed, there are none so clean. Potentially his father is a murderer, but potentially, but that's not his fault, and it may not be his father exactly. Someone will put that to the site. But as often happens, we uncovered a criminal along the way. Was it Mary Kathleen? I'm charging Mary Kathleen with being a chicula rascal. She got excited about fame, hard to relate. She trolled Matthew's new girlfriend respect and then she may or may not have had a sexual rendezvous with a convicted felon who is also Woody house AND's father, and then brought it up on a trip in Greece fifty years later, very casually, like did you not bring it up at the true detective premierne Or like when your son came home and said, oh, I'm working with Woody Harrelson, you didn't say I think he could be your brother. When he first saw something with Woody Harrelson in it, you didn't think to say, hey, son, you could be related to you. You could be related. No. No, she said it in a trip in Grease, and I bet it was like, oh, I've been meaning to say meaning to I bet she said fifty other totally irrelevant things that day, so everyone wasn't even listening to Mary Kathleen by the time she was like, oh, quick one, what was what was it? That's right? Yeah, yeah, I think your brothers, Mary Kathleen, this has taken too long. The other thing about Mary Kathleen is I'm surprised more people don't jump on band wagons to do with fame. For example, like, yeah, if your kid got famous, milk here, milk here, and jump on the ride for fun more inserting yourself black Megan Markle's dad. Yes, he had a bit of fun and then he got on in to the wedding. But what's great about Mary Kathleen, who does go by Mary Kay to friends, is that she's got the best birth worlds. I'm going to sell you out and I'll go to Greece with you because he's been like, he's Christian, so he's quite religious, and he's very forgiving, and he's very like morals, ethics, values, and he's like, I have a boundary with Mary Kathleen, which I don't think she respects. But she still gets to do her family like she gets to do the Red carpets. I think she's fine. I reckon. Mary Kathleen is the kind of person and hard relate who can't say no. So she gets a call from the Daily Mail who gets carried away. Yeah, and she goes, I can't, I can't. Matthew keeps getting out at me. Matthew keeps getting that. Okay, I'll give you just a little tidbit. Come on, this is the condom where he lost his first time. Mary Kathleen put that away? Put that away? Why did you keep that well. This is my sentence to Mary Kathleen one word more. I need more from you, Mary, Kay, I need more. I need to know more about your escapades. Sounds like you've had an interesting checkered past with felons on furlough. Yeah, why are you right about that, Mary Kathleen? Or do a podcast with Matthew yeah, or some kind of like Jerry Springer style, But it's just Mary Kathleen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think she would be You've got another sibling. You know how people are, like dinner party guest, like who would you have dead or alive? Mary? Marry Kathleen. She'd tell you. I'd be sitting right next to her and I'd be like, tell me about Matthew McConaughey's marriage, and she'd be like, yeah, I hate Camilla. And I'd be like, show me photos of him as a child, like was he always this handsome? Yeah, And she'd have him, she'd have him on hand, like he's him naked. She's one of us. All right, your charge? Okay, my charge is and it is common with certain people in Hollywood, and I think Matthew McConaughey is probably the guiltiest thinking you can say anything in your accent. Yeah, you know who else is guilty of this? Oprah? And it is her voice. It's the intonation of her voice, and it's the pauses, and it's the pauses, and it's the repeating. So what she'll do is she'll go, man who invented the hamburger was smart. Man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius. Oh, let me say that again. Man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius, And then was a genus Like, yeah, actually, we don't get it. You're just repeating, is what you're doing. And then what does she say? It's a moment all of these would be in our harmon, doctor fel And she also does this man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius, Like, she'd do that, and then the whole audience just lapping it up, just like losing ship. Yeah. I think Mary Kay would love her a bit of Oprah. She would, And that's how she ended up having a Matthew McConaughey. Yeah, And Matthew McConaughey's attitude is give me a line, any line, I'll make it profound or I'll make up my own, as he did with Rita. Yeah, exactly. So my sentence is I need Matthew to read some of the worst texts in the world in his voice, Yeah, to give them some hidden meaning. Yeah, right, and then we're trying to cipher. Yeah, and some of them might be For example, a few weeks ago on the show, we talked about a song by Kanye. Hey.
Speaker 3: There, I'm happy to say whatever you want. Just keep in mind, I'm Matthew McConaughey, not a computer program. Let's keep things interesting, shall.
Speaker 1: We, Claire. What we've done is we have used an AI voice of Matthew McConaughey to say the most profound quote in canceled history. It is a Kanye wester lyric. You're here to be moved, prepared to be moved. This is what it sounds like when Matthew McConaughey says it.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, I'll play along. Here, go poopy to scoop, scoop diddy, what whoop to scoop dirdy, poop poop to scoop die poop poop to scooped, He scoop do you up? And he scoop poop diddy whoop poop poop diddy poop, scoop poop poop diddy up poop? Did hey scoop poop poop? Did he scoop poop? Did he scoop poop?
Speaker 1: We could all sit in a church and have Matthew McConaughey stand at the pole pit yeah and say that, and we'd all say, I've never heard something. So I'm moving in my life. Praise be, praise b My life has been changed. So I want him to just say, you know, maybe read out some Britney Spears lyrics, maybe read out some other we used to when we're kids. We would make up fate quotes that sounded profound but actually were meaningless, such as time is like a clock, it just keeps ticking. I think that that could be one of his questions. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and we should write got sumps, got slumps? Yeah, time is so much like a clock. Absolutely, Time is like Greenwich time. It goes along in a forward motion, but it changes depending on pause where you are in terms of pause time zones. Thank you, nailed it, nailed it. Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of canceled. The executive producer of Canceled is to Listen Azazz with audio editing by Tom Lyon. Please leave us a review if you like this podcast and we will be back next week. Bye Bye.
Speaker 3: Poopy to Scoop Scoop Diddy? What Whoop to scoop Diddy? Poop Poop to scoop Die Poop Poop to Scoopedy scoop Do you opity scoop poop Diddy Woop poop poop did he