Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mom and Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello and welcome to Canceled, The Lazy Girl's Guide to bizarre celebrity cancelations. We've been in your ears all summer long because we are putting on something called a hot pod summer. Seriously, you how sweaty my hand is. Over the next three weeks, you'll be able to listen to us three times a week. And on top of that, all podcasts at Mum Maya will have brand new episodes dropping about the topics that we couldn't stop talking about this year, all curated especially for you across this holiday period. But first, we have one thing for you lazy girls to do.
Speaker 1: One action point.
Speaker 2: Whatever you do, make sure you're subscribed canceled in your favorite podcast app so you never miss an episode. We also know that you're feeling particularly lazy right now because it's holidays, you're not meant to have to do anything. And if you're not on holidays, which a lot of you won't be because you keep the country running with important work while us lazy girls have a lie down. We know you need things to be simple and easy, So we're giving you some of our favorite moments from Canceled this year. Today, we need to talk about Emily Blunt and specifically those divorce rumors about her and her husband John Krasinski aka Jim from the Office aka her husband in a quiet place, which we both have issues with, issues that have been previously discussed. If you want to listen to that whole episode. Is it a crime to gossip with your husband on the red carpet and not let the rest of us in on it?
Speaker 1: Yes, you decide.
Speaker 2: This is a moment from our big episode on Emily Blunt Jesse uncomfortable red carpet footage. This was my personal favorite thing that literally ever happened. In January of this year, Emily Blunt and her husband John Sinsky of the Office theme, walked the red carpet at the Golden Globes. A video was taken of the two of them while they posed for photos and they were speaking to each other. What they said couldn't be heard, but according to a lot of people on the internet, it could be lip red. Jesse, did you come across this? I did, but I think that all the lip reading things I watched were joking. I can't tell if they're joking or not. And I get confused because you can put anything over the top, and I believe that's Yeah, that's the thing about lip reading. I don't know enough to challenge. And it's like, I'm a lip reading expert, and I'm like, I don't think that's a job. Yeah, No, A lot of people are. I'm a body language expert. I'm a lip reading the one that I get. I get someone on TikTok who says I'm deaf. Here's what they were saying. I'm like, I love that trust because you have been lip reading, yeah, for a long time, and you've got to be good at it, lots of experience. Jess, you're not a professional lip reader, I'm not. But do you use sense tension in this clip right now? Maybe at the very end. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if you didn't ask me if I sensed any tension in that clip. I think it's a pretty innocuous clip. Well, people are convinced that. In that video, Krazinsky says I can't wait to divorce, and Emily Blunt says hey, and he says, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Just didn't happen. That just didn't happen.
Speaker 2: So comment sections went off with people weighing in.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: If you were Emily Blunt and you've been famous since Merrill said you are really good and better than Anne Hathaway, would you stand on a red carp in twenty twenty four and talk about your divorce one meter from a microphone.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Yes.
Speaker 2: Why, This is why, because even celebrities have petty bites, and even celebrities are just those couples who are doing about something. Oh I agree, do I have petty fights all the time, But when I go out to a dinner party, I don't start going like starting ship in front of everyone because it would be embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: A good point is they're both actors, okay, and if something wasn't going right, click act.
Speaker 1: During the quiet place, act to your Jim, Yeah.
Speaker 2: From the office, act we love each other, come on when we don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah to go method.
Speaker 2: Some other theories about what was said. Do they even say anything? Yeah, okay, they were talking. I've watched it so many times that there are clear like movements of their mouths. So what do you think they said, okay, Well here's some other theorists. So just as a reminder, it's I can't wait to divorce. I'm furious, alleged. The other theory is it he said I can't wait to get indoors because it was windy. It was really windy. I'm like, yeah, that sounds right. Another theory was I can't wait for the orders or I can't wait for the awards, which also makes.
Speaker 1: Sense given the second.
Speaker 2: Given the context out of ABC or D, I would go BC or D.
Speaker 1: Likely.
Speaker 2: One lip reader insists that the conversation went like this. Emily simply says, it's chilly here, right, which prompts John to reply, can't wait to wear indoors it's windy. Yay. I think highly more likely than he said can't wait to divorce you. Yeah, bitch, here's my challenge to that. And this is important. No, Klevinski is in a suit. If it's cold and you're in a suit, you shouldn't be that cold. But wasn't it her saying it was windy? Didn't she start the conversa? He said, can't wait to get indoors. You can still want to be indoors even if you're in a suit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't because it could be messing up your hair. His hair seemed well sprayed either way. If they were having a public fight on the road carpet, I am all for it. It's the kind of thing I would do, we would do. Can you imagine if you and I would Yeah? And they would like, it's a dirty slot. They would say, did she just call her a doper? No?
Speaker 1: She really no, No, you did the last one.
Speaker 2: No that you're making me look ugly, stopping, it's not my side, et cetera, et cetera. In a response, a source told US Weekly, there are no issues with Emily and John. They are absolutely not talking about divorce, talking about indoors. Well, they didn't actually say, well, I'm actually saying it's not I would like them to correct the record. They also claimed that the couple were laughing the whole thing off. Now this annoys me when they're rumors, When there are rumors and gossip and the couple's laughing about it, I don't think you're laughing.
Speaker 1: I think you're pissed off.
Speaker 2: Why don't I think you're pissed off? Because I think if you commented on every time a fake Libreta said, you're talking about divorce. All you do is comment you'd never make a quiet place.
Speaker 1: Three, You never would. True, they're busy. They're busy, but they're artists. They're busy.
Speaker 2: I think they were annoyed that everyone thought they were getting divorced. I think they minded, but I also think I hate wind. They would hate wind. Wind makes everyone cranky, does which also plays in my theory that they were talking about divorce because the wind was making the main wind ends relationship. Our parents are school teachers, as there are brothers. They say kids never paved worse than the window.
Speaker 1: A windy day.
Speaker 2: Everyone loses the songs in my eye. To listen to that entire episode titled Emily, Wait, did you say divorce? Blunt, just click the link in our show notes. Other charges include the fact that as a British person, she's taking jobs from hard working Americans, starring in too many quiet place movies, and the fact she made a fat phobic comment twelve years ago, which she has since sincerely apologized for. This episode is petty, but that's what the canceled courtroom is all about. You can listen in full via the link in our show notes. We're recanceling three things every week over the summer break, including celebrities, TV shows, celebrity couples, and press tours because we need to keep the investigations running. You can find videos from the podcast and evidence of the celebrity crimes on our Instagram at the Twins Underscore Thoughts, or on TikTok At canceled the podcast, Bye Bye