Speaker 1: Lovely yighborhood. You might have seen that we randomly have quite a few friends on the latest season of Survivor a few of whom you've already heard from on the show, and we thought for those of you who find some yay in watching this greatest game on Earth, it'd be the perfect opportunity to dish up some exclusive behind the scenes dirt for you on the first season of Blood Versus Water in Australia, so a quick head's up for anyone who isn't a big fan of the show. There'll be a few bonus episodes during this season that assume that you know the show and the rules of the game pretty well, but we'll still be recording our regular content, so no worries at all if you want.
Speaker 2: To skip past.
Speaker 1: For those who are listening along, the episodes are right up to date. In fact, a few of them have been recorded on the day of watching, so spoiler alert if you aren't watching the show in real time, you might want to catch up first. Also a little content warning that these are probably a little bit looser than our normal episodes, so you might catch some saucier content or a few more profanities than usual.
Speaker 2: All in the name of the drama.
Speaker 1: Some bombshells are dropped, some secrets are shared, and a lot of YA has had unraveling the world behind the scenes of the greatest show on Earth. I hope you guys enjoy Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is the platforms to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives.
Speaker 2: They adore, the good, bad and.
Speaker 1: Ugly, the best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneurs walk the suits and heels to co found matcha Maiden and matcha milk bar. Seize the Yea is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way. Hello, Wonderful yaghborhood, and welcome to a bonus episode. I did a little bit of a poll the other day on who in the neighborhood is a Survivor fan and who isn't overwhelming majority we're fans, So this bonus content over the next couple of weeks will be absolutely amazing because I think six of my very close friends turn out to be incredible competitors in this Blood Versus Water season.
Speaker 2: So today's guests are first.
Speaker 1: We have my amazing friend Khan Onng, who is a three time guest on Sees A welcome back, my Love.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I feel super special, except I'm sharing the spotlight today.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my love for your fourth episode. We probably should just share the spotlight around the lost of me. But if you haven't heard Kahn's amazing story and seen him on Master Chef twice, then you can go back to Seize the Gay, which was your very first episode and hear the story. We also have a brand newbie to the neighborhood, Jordy here, who is another competitor on this season that launched two nights ago, so we've only two episodes to talk about so far.
Speaker 2: But Jordy, welcome.
Speaker 4: What's Poppin? Thanks for having me so much?
Speaker 2: Is Poppin?
Speaker 4: Actually this is a real honor for me, Like this is a real moment right now.
Speaker 3: Are you going to pretend that we haven't been in this same room together like twenty other times?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, we don't have to pretend we don't know each other, dude.
Speaker 1: So we've been having well, you guys have only just been able to acknowledge that you know each other, right, Yeah, so you've been kind of really close for how many months now?
Speaker 2: Like months? Months?
Speaker 3: We can't tell you how many months now.
Speaker 2: Had a specific amount of months.
Speaker 4: And we also can't say how close you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well we can, we can like I've been sliding into his DMS a lot.
Speaker 1: Because that's not all you've been sliding into. No, but you guys have been you know, friends for a non specific amount of time, but haven't even been allowed to follow each other until two days ago. So yeah, we are finally we've been working on a very exciting project, the three of us. So we've had you know, a couple of warm up rounds.
Speaker 3: The Secret pro is a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah so bad that secrets? How did you keep this a secret the whole time? Also, you kept it a secret for me.
Speaker 3: I didn't do anything you took over You took my.
Speaker 1: Instagram oh yes, well, big secret reveal for the neighborhood. I'm sure you guys have probably seen by now that I was kind for a non specific amount of months or weeks or days and no one noticed. So I'm pretty impressed with that. I didn't know it could be a game, man.
Speaker 3: I was actually super impressed. I don't know how long you had controubl of it for, but I was really worried. You being able to see my dms like that was like the most That.
Speaker 1: Was a lot of trust so much as soon as you handed over your password, I was like, wow, this is a new level, Like not many of us have ever fully handed over all our dms and everything.
Speaker 4: Which there's a lot about your friendship. Actually, yeah, there's a lot of trust there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know that she can take good nude. I reckon that my dms were really boring there at that point.
Speaker 2: Well, you were clever.
Speaker 1: You'd sort of started to stop being as active and then like cann is so organized. I've got a drop box with so much material and then I matched it to the weather.
Speaker 2: But I mean you prepared me so well.
Speaker 1: I got really well acquainted with like sticky pork and like the lingo that you use.
Speaker 3: Well, there was there would have been a lot of recipes that other people would have posted and like tagged me in, right.
Speaker 1: And I reshared those to keep your community vibe going. But a lot of people were like, you sent me a lot of recipes you haven't published yet, and a lot of people were like, come.
Speaker 2: On, like where's the recipe? And I was like, oh, I'm working on it, because.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't have any and you haven't done it anyway. So, Jordy, this is your very first time on the show. We've only known each other for a little while, but I feel like we've been good mates forever and ever and ever.
Speaker 5: Well, you virtually know everything about like every little detail, a big big detail as well really big detail, Like it's a really really quite big.
Speaker 1: Details and there's girth to the details. But first, I mean, the nation met you for the first time two nights ago.
Speaker 2: At the time of recording, you've been through the biggest shift in so long.
Speaker 1: But before we even get to that, I think everyone should know who you are, who you were before Survivor, so that then we can kind of get a picture of you know, you've listened to the podcast before there's a lot of wayta like all the chapters before you got here, and your story is particularly relevant, I think because you know where you want to end up, but you're still in the dot points connecting. You're not there yet, and you have this big vision. I think it's really reassuring for people to hear. You know, you have to have a long plan and you don't get this straight away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, And like even the show itself is not necessarily going to get me there, you know, like you still have to put in the hours and hours and hours of work. So hi everyone. I'm Jordie twenty five and I'm currently a landscape and moved for Melbourne only a year ago, but traveled around Australia a lot. Lived around Australia sort of working my way around, meeting a lot of different people. But have started moving into the radio industry or trying trying to move into the radio industry and podcasts and all things media. It's been a long, long journey, like years, you know, like just trying to get off the shovel, get off the tools. A lot of people sort of telling me that it's a tough industry and you know, like it's a flooded market, you might not make it, like be prepared to not get there. And so that stopped me in my tracks for quite some time. And then you know, I found my love for it again a couple of years ago, started a little podcast and then started working at radio stations in Adelaide and out here in Melbourne. So it's hectic. And then and then the show came along. Survivor came along and met a lot of really cool people. You know that that are you know, not necessarily giving me like a shortcut, but they're giving me the you know, just being around the right people is really important.
Speaker 2: That's so true.
Speaker 1: That's something we talk about a lot on the show that it really just takes one person to say, oh, look, you know it's too hard to get into media for you to abandon it all together. But equally, it only takes one person to say, dude, no, you can totally do it. Someone has to get these positions, someone has to be the right personality. Why couldn't it be you? And I think the power of what people around you were saying along your journey is so important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I grew up listening to people like HAMI Snandy, you know, Kate, Tim and Mardy all the like the big dogs, you know, like Malloy and like it was my dream, you know, like from a little kid, like they were my childhould. Yeah, yeah, like a little guy, you know, like always wanted to move into that industry and entertain people. Like I am so happy when I can make other people happy, Like that's literally all I care about. It's just making someone laugh, you know. And so then when I went and did experience at a radio station in high school, like just a little bit of work experience, and the bloke was like, oh, you know, it's going to be a long time before you ever even look at a microphone, let alone speak to it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So that's really hard because it's I think you do need people around you who will give you an element of realism so that you're managing your expectations, but also people you know, there's enough barriers to getting where you want to go in your own mind without the people around you also saying nah, like give it a crack.
Speaker 3: I feel like anyone who does anything like that to someone that's impressionable is someone that's jaded, like they haven't been able to make it in the industry they want to, so they're taking it out on someone else, like the younger generation. I think that's totally unfair.
Speaker 1: And there's also, yeah, sometimes a bit of tall Poppy syndrome going on of like, well, I didn't get my chance, so I can't even conceive that you might be able to do that, and I think it's such a shame. But then it also makes me really excited that you've come back around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm back, you know, that's so exciting. I got to a point where I decided, do you know what, like, I am not going to live my life digging holes like I mean, people love that and that's okay, that's okay, but for me, it's not my talent. It's not what I was put here for. I don't want to get all like like even meaningful about it.
Speaker 2: That's what the show is. What's your Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like in life you need to be able to achieve your fullest potential. You know, don't like look at the other people around you. So it's sort of hard hanging around you too, because it means I've got to up the ant.
Speaker 2: Loserazines.
Speaker 3: You know that We've just been about half an hour taking a photo of Sarah on a couch.
Speaker 2: Toast my toast in the right position.
Speaker 4: Like in life, if you're not you know, fulfilling your full potential, like it feels.
Speaker 2: Like it's like a waste totally.
Speaker 1: And you know what that whole concept of CZA is that it's seizing the day is what has always been, you know, the popular thing, like seize any opportunity, all kinds of goals, just go for anything, which is amazing. It's amazing to have that go get an attitude towards things. But you can be seizing so many opportunities and not going in any direction with those opportunities. So it's finding your purpose and you're yea, that is a bit of everyone's story that makes me so excited when you finally come back around and you're like, I could be doing so many things, I could be making a great living. But if you're not also enjoying that process, like you're not put on this earth to just work and die, that is such a waste of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, And like you know, and then I think importantly is surrounding yourself with the right people as well, like being around you to I'm going to try and avoid like fan boying you because like I don't need to do that right now, but like you know, I'm a big fan of the podcast, and now I'm on the podcast, you know what I mean. Like this is crazy because I met the right people when they're and they're being supportive of me and pushing me to keep going, because you can fall into that trap of getting comfortable. Yeah, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Because you're like an Adelaide boy as well. I feel like sometimes when you come from a smaller city, you do have like a beautiful lifestyle, but it can be hard to break into new markets and new networks and new friendship groups. And it's amazing what you've done in a short time.
Speaker 4: Not just Adelaide. Like I grew up in a little country town called Narracourt that's right four hours out of Adelaide. You know, it's like it's like coming out coming out of such a small town and then just really seeing the opportunities that are there, Like it's it's huge. You know, the world is crazy. There's no limit, no limit, And to be honest, right, this is how it feel like. I feel like I've been grinding for years now and it's finally things are starting to click right, and I could see it. There's a light. You can sort of fall into that darkness and feel like you're not going to get out. You're not going to get out. You've been working for so long. But now there's a light, and that light is available to everyone because you are the only reason you're not where you want to be. How it's side, This is how I feel, right, This is how I feel if I got an opportunity now, like, put me on your show, put me on your podcast, put me at your station, and watch me change the very concept of that slot. Yeah, do you know what I mean? Like I don't want to myself here.
Speaker 2: No, you're manifesting like.
Speaker 4: I really feel like if all I need is that opportunity. Yeah, just give me that shot and I'll show it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, well that's what Survivor is, right, You're showing the nation. So both of you have now seen your intros in the first episode and one subsequent episode. The third one is coming out tonight, and then there's Saturday, and then that will close the first week Sunday, Sorry, Sunday.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, both.
Speaker 1: Of you can't You've been on TV before, but not on this show. Very different concept, Jordy, you've never been on TV with your brother seeing yourself and also in it. Like the Survivor trailers are.
Speaker 2: Dramatic, like there's smoke, there's fire.
Speaker 1: It's not just like you in a kitchen, you know, it's full on like war paint.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry, but me and a kitchen is still smoked and fire.
Speaker 1: Definitely that's you want to you want anything as you and drama. How are you guys feeling? I think it's the most exciting season in a long time. How are you both feeling?
Speaker 4: It's huge, It's massive, Like I've to be honest, I've not seen a Survivor at such a you know, quite a high production.
Speaker 3: Level, like insane.
Speaker 4: It's always been amazing. But we're both fans of the show. Yeah, and can't all back me in here, like this season seems like next level.
Speaker 3: You know, it was all from the beginning until the day I or Jordie leaves or whoever leaves, the whole ride, the whole way was intense. It was crazy. It was the challenges were so hard, even the first challenge going in like that's slide, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Also, I was like, wait, disadvantage likely you go so much faster, And.
Speaker 2: Then I looked at Sam and Mark and I was like, that's so unfair.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was a dig at me went down so much faster than are.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. We're an inclusive positivity instruments.
Speaker 3: She meant that I was quite muscular, staunch.
Speaker 1: And like, you know, muscles more than fat, babe, musk always more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like?
Speaker 1: Because obviously being on the show, and one of the things that surprised me a lot knowing people now who have been on it, is that we as an audience think you're getting snuck food. You're actually sleeping in comfort. You know that they're kind of feeding you things all the time. So interesting that you guys say, there's none of.
Speaker 3: That, that's none Like you saw me. I was like foraging around for like herbs. Would be sitting down somewhere and I'm like, can I eat this leaf? And I would taste what does this leaf taste like? That one tastes like time? I need to remember that because that can be used for something else. But like there was no food kind of snuck to us, and whoa. I kind of thought that we might be sleeping like not on the floor. I thought that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought.
Speaker 3: I was like, there must be a caravan or like a moment, did you I thought that, like it wouldn't be like that, Like I didn't. I thought that. I thought it would be like, oh, you built the shelter, but here is like a yoga mat, do you know what I mean? Yeah, just something that's like, will lessen your blow, not like ah cool, the paper barg is poking into your soul, no problems, keep at it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fact that he turned up in Valencias probably indicates what.
Speaker 2: He thought was going to be happening on the show.
Speaker 3: Untrue. I'm gonna just kind of defend myself there. I turned up in Valencias because I was like, this is my luxury item. I needed a little bit of home with me, and that was my luxury item. I did not care that they were going to get trash. These were now my survivor shoes.
Speaker 2: Survivor shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah absolutely, I mean, okay, so you went on blood versus Water is a new concept. You went on in pairs, which hasn't happened before with Amy Krr's sister and Jesse Jordie's brother first, Like, what was that?
Speaker 2: Like the minute you found out you weren't together.
Speaker 4: It was huge. I mean, I won't lie. Like I saw blood versut Water in the US, you know, I understood the concept, like there was no way they were going to put it together, Like how's the drama? Straight away? Within the first five minutes, we're separated, Like, and it was sick. It was hard, but we were prepared.
Speaker 3: Look, I thought it would have been more surprising if we were kept together, because I think every single person who was out there was expecting to be split up. And if you weren't, you're a dumbass. Because do your research. If you're going on Survivor, it's all about strategy, it's about how well you work and like the kind of relationship you're forming, you need to be doing your research before you.
Speaker 4: Go in there.
Speaker 3: You can't go in there blind. I know that there are people who aren't fans, but you still watch a couple of seas and you don't just go in and go, oh my god, I'm gonna be with my best friend forever.
Speaker 4: No TV, why are you a Survivor?
Speaker 1: This is why I would never be on Surviving because I turn up like, Okay, let's be rainbow joy Joe community, love each other and no one gets voted out.
Speaker 3: Everyone Okay. So I was kind of that as well, because there were days when we weren't doing anything. I called it our.
Speaker 2: Gottle friendship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there are a couple of days where you get like just random downtime in between kind of challenges and things like that. And that was our glid to friendship day because nothing was happening, so we could hang out and talk and get to know each other and plant each other's hair and like I would take the leaves and like give Jordi a bath, and we.
Speaker 4: Were doing like dress ups, wearing our buffs in different ways.
Speaker 1: It was cute, as I mean, you guys were in the same tribe, so I feel like that's a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thing to watch. Like I didn't know that you guys didn't tell me that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I thought of you when we first.
Speaker 2: Impressions of each other?
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, you know what's even weird, I just interjecting quickly, is that I have seen you too, only since you've been friends, so I've never seen you have your first impression of each other.
Speaker 2: So this is brand.
Speaker 3: I don't really know this. Oh my god, we're not friends.
Speaker 2: It's love at first for sut Go.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know who you were, Okay, cool, I did that. I didn't know who you were.
Speaker 2: Blank.
Speaker 4: I don't watch Master Chef. I've never to be honest, I don't even watch that much TV. I watch everything on playback, you know, like.
Speaker 1: No ads, sube great, yeah, live recaps of every episode Paramount plus, Paramount plus yep.
Speaker 4: But Jesse told me that my late stepmom was a huge fan of yours, right, a huge, huge, huge time. So he told me this when we were standing on the mat, like when we first got there. So right, all right, cool, I respect for let's see what Let's see what what this guy's like. And at the start, man, I was nervous because You've got this presence about you, so confident and like and so I'm like, wow, this guy like is really confident in who he is. And so for someone like me, who you know, I knew I was coming into a show where I was just an everyday guy, you know, and there were people that have statuses like throughout the show, old contestants, you know, people who are influential online like, so I was like, oh God, like I'm feeling pretty nervous around this crew, Like there's a lot of big characters, and you were so friendly to everyone that I was like, Oh no, this guy is gonna like run the show. Like I honestly thought I'm in trouble here, Like if he doesn't like me, I'm in big strap. And I thought, right, he's going to be like he's going to be controlling this whole thing. You know, people love him. He could manipulate people in any way he wants, like you've got a snake tattooed around your shoulders. But then straight away man Like one of the first couple nights, we sat up around the fire. Yeah, and for hours, I remember we were with DM.
Speaker 3: Yeah we were. We were kind of half trying to sleep but half not. We were just laying next to each other and just talking about like our goals and our life and who we were and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about school camps and stuff that we don't like. Unless you actually make an effort to go and have a sleep over with your friends, you don't get to those like midnight dms as often.
Speaker 2: Campfire chats are the best well.
Speaker 3: I think it's because your walls are down. There's something that has to do with like you being ready to go to bed where everything is stripped, so you're just kind of like open to have conversations with people and you're.
Speaker 2: Half asleep all so he's sort of like yeah.
Speaker 4: But the thing that hit me most about Khan was Yes, he's got a presence. He's super confident. People respecting, people love him. You know, he's a big dog Melbourne chef. Everyone knows him.
Speaker 2: When you when you when peel the layers.
Speaker 4: When you peel back the layers. He is the most generous, caring, look at the selfless dude I have ever met. Like that's I'm really trying not to wank you off.
Speaker 3: His super awes want you to.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it. Like I was like, wow, he's such a like kind gentle.
Speaker 3: Guy, very lovely. Thank you. I really want you to stop that.
Speaker 1: Literally, I don't like so cann Is like can feel deep emotions but cannot do a talk about it.
Speaker 2: I cannot do that even looking at me, No, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: The cutest I love.
Speaker 3: It's so when I went into the camp, I was talking to everyone and trying to learn because that's kind of who I am. Yeah, like you know this, Like when I meet new people, I asked some questions. I want to know about them. It wasn't I'm not trying to be like the social pair, Like I'm actually just wanting to know about you. Like that's you're interested in people. Yeah, I'm interested in people, And I'm like what else I do here? Like I've been thrown in a situation with eleven strangers in this camp? What do we talk about? Like we need to start somewhere, and so we start learning about each other.
Speaker 1: It's actually a really cool social experiment to put yourself in this, Like how often do you get to do that? Where you're thrown into such an intimate situation with people you've never met before.
Speaker 2: And you just have to like get by. That's fascinating.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest game on Earth.
Speaker 3: It actually is. Okay, first impressions, Yeah, what did you? There's actually multiple things because I was kind of distracted by one certain thing that will go into a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Ye got it.
Speaker 3: So when I first saw Jordie and Jesse, I was like, yep, surf bros gonna be super chill, going to be super laid back, probably won't try too hard. That was my life. Like I thought that you were just going to be like you Byron Safer, a surfer, you're a bond by surfer. And then I came in and I'm like, oh God, this guy's really funny. This guy's really charismatic. Like I wanted to be your friend, and a lot of other people wanted to hang out with you as well, like even day one, And that's kind of why I made so much effort to speak to you about everything, because I'm like, you're actually kind of magnetic, and I get drawn to personalities. Like we've seen two episodes now, so we know how the votes go, and the first two votes were people that you kind of didn't mess with, and that was kind of what our camp was doing at that point, where I wanted to play and be with people that I mesh with, and that's why I was like Jordy definitely. And also he walked around in his underwear and I was like, oh, he's hard, Like he's super harding your way.
Speaker 2: That's a big dick energy.
Speaker 3: Basically, that's why you're so like carefree and you're like yeah.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 1: The first time that we ever sat down to chat, Like the first ninety minutes of meeting Geordie was relationship advice, like just girls just throwing themselves. Can't throwing himself at Like I was just like, whoa, well talk about magnetic Now I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. I saw the second episode. I was like, yeah, I see it.
Speaker 3: Is that is that flaccid?
Speaker 2: Like what's going on theos?
Speaker 1: Like he chose those items right, so he knows, he knows.
Speaker 3: And it's very hard to like be like look away, don't fare make eye contact something else.
Speaker 4: There's a photo that I was just.
Speaker 1: Well, your butt crack came out. Also, I was like, wow, that's not the first dude trying to pull off your pants.
Speaker 2: No one wow.
Speaker 3: Sarah also like I no one sent me a photo of it, Like I really want to up down and bumble like photos photo, but like no one sent me that photo. I want that soon home video.
Speaker 2: We can take stills from the video.
Speaker 3: Well, if anyone actually can do this for us so that Sarah doesn't have more work to do, please get the skills of my butt being well actually open in Survivor and please send it to me. So I can update my bumble profile.
Speaker 4: You can get so many weird messages.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, okay, so important question for Jordie. You're very new to anyone, you know, the nation knowing.
Speaker 4: Who you are, and the nation hasn't been the same.
Speaker 1: And the nation has not been I mean those tidy whities, but tidy purple is will never be the same again. Very dark purple, very dark deep purple. So an all begine if you will.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we need to clean this right up right now.
Speaker 1: How have you found I mean, obviously it's only been two days, but how are you adjusting to fame or being a little bit more well known? Because I think a lot of us have grown profiles very slowly, so we've kind of had time to adjust to a few more people getting you know, noticing when we do things or sending us dms. But yours is like bang, you know how I think that's a big shift.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, let's be real though for a second, Like I'm not quite at your status yet, Like I've only mean, like less than fifteen hundred followers, but they came with it.
Speaker 7: They're highly active, highly active, like freakish, and they all came within like twenty four hours, Like I had to put my phone away.
Speaker 3: It was freakingly You need to turn the following notification off. Yeah, that's the one that you don't need to see. You'll see the numbers grow. You don't need to see who.
Speaker 4: Do what we abou to say unless it's.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, because I think you can turn it on so certain like if you've got to tick it shows, yeah, because like I get really excited sometimes people like when someone like I'm obsessed with you follow me. Yeah, like maybe you're Gail.
Speaker 2: She's been on the show. Also. I love her so much.
Speaker 1: She's so sweet and Sean her husband is also.
Speaker 2: So lovely.
Speaker 3: I hear they're both lovely, so lovely.
Speaker 4: So it's been like strange, you know, like messages from random people. Everyone's being so lovely and so supportive, Like I've not had any abuse.
Speaker 3: Yet, Yes, tell us more about the messages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it's been like like a great time. People have no shame, Like this.
Speaker 2: Is interesting though.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we're recording this now because you often don't see the other side of it, right. You see people go on the show, them their profile grow, they you know, make career changes out of it, and it's all very positive, which it can be, but you often don't hear about the really difficult adjustment to your privacy changes and you dealing with strangers kind of being very forward, and.
Speaker 4: There's something very weird about being contactable all the time, like people can reach you, and people know you and they know where to find you and they can access you at any time. It's full on and like, you know, literally literally girls saying if you want to meet up, I'm available, let me know.
Speaker 2: Like not being like okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Finally like girls durds, like that's fine, I'll afford them.
Speaker 3: To du just me. It's me making up like Messa.
Speaker 4: No, I won't send you a dick peek. But yeah, it's been weird and I feel like a little bit like guilty in a way, well partially because I'm semi seeing someone, but I can't.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, he's dropping that right now. I already told you, Yeah, I know that alive yet Now this is a survivors talk if.
Speaker 7: We get into your relationships at the moment hours, but do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like it's like it feels was disrespectful, even though it's not a public thing, But I feel guilty. I feel bad, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But you didn't go on the show. It's not like you went on Maths. You know, you didn't go on there for days.
Speaker 3: Edit off the first episode between you, I was just like, Oh.
Speaker 4: They made it look like Brianna was coming on hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she wasn't. It was just edited that way.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, yeah, okay, but you did okay.
Speaker 2: But this is also interesting. How do you guys feel about it?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like people watching the show, they look at it and they take it as it comes out, like they assume that that's exactly the order that things happened in the chronology.
Speaker 2: That it all worked out in.
Speaker 1: How does it feel for you guys knowing how things went and then seeing the edit and having no control over that and being like that didn't happen that way, or being like that was in a different order, or you know, things like like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna I don't think you're going to bring this up because you're gonna be like, no, it wasn't me. But episode one, the person that got sent home Andy, I feel like you had more to do than that with that than was put in that episode because I remember how that began, and it was you, myself, Nina, Brianna, and one other person. You were in the water, you had come out and you're like Mark is thinking Andy, and I was trying to deflect away from Alex, and I was like, great, we should do that, and then you and I and Nina were trying to work out where we're going to go with this, and then we split up because we all had our jobs. But that didn't show that part of your conversation around that. Well. I looked at it and I was like, very interesting, because Jordie had a lot to do at that point.
Speaker 1: But it didn't look like you were scheming that much until the end when they only showed you when everyone was showing their votes, they only showed you saying why it's full on.
Speaker 4: Like it seems as though at the moment they're trying to paint me as like a simple guy that's sort of just floating around, not doing much floating. But I had a lot to do with that bot lot to do with the Brianna vote as well.
Speaker 3: And I I had less to do with the like I definitely was a part of it all. I was on board for sure, but I was not leading that vote, and I think in episode two it looks like I let that vote. It looks like it was my mastermind plan and I was gunning. But I was like, I was asked to perform, you know what I mean, like I was sent out to do certain things.
Speaker 2: How does that sit with you, guys? To make it anxious to watch it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's no, not really just funny. I was like, I'm gonna cop that on the chin because I was able to convince her that it was going a certain way and that was my role, and so I understand why that might look like I was the ring leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, they definitely call like basically called you the ring leader.
Speaker 4: Yeah you can, he goes.
Speaker 2: It's happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's baffling to me because at that point in the game, I was like, I'm literally here to cook beans rice, and because you know how long that took. Literally we would come back from a challenge, I would spend thirty minutes with whoever putting on fire, and then we would put the the rice on and then the beans. The beans always took longer than the rice, so sometimes that would start before a challenge, so it was like I fixed hour process of cooking.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, where am I running around here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, Actually question timeline wise, there's been two episodes. How many like days have we been up to in real life?
Speaker 4: Four or five?
Speaker 3: It's a fourth.
Speaker 4: I think we'll be approaching day fiveause.
Speaker 2: It looks like one day and then the next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because each episode can either be two or three days, okay, So I just couldn't remember if it was two or three.
Speaker 4: I think I think we've only seen four days.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's is there a lot of downtime where you're not being filmed and you're just you know, it's always.
Speaker 3: Being filmed, but we're not always doing stuff. We're just doing like stupid things like collecting wood or like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's a lot of just like wandering, yeah, and chatting.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of more chatting than probably wandering, because I don't think anyone was actively searching for anything at that point except for last night.
Speaker 6: Box.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that was she honestly, like she was intense. I'm not gonna lie, lovely girl, lovely girl, but she was intense in the game, Like, yeah, came out swinging way too hard and not calculated swings at all. But they turned that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they turned that up a lot, right there was like she was she was only sticking out a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, not nearly as much as it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, because we were all kind of like quite cautious of what we were doing. We were trying not to stick out too much. Even though I was judging my last night's episode and the promos for tonight's episode, I'm apparently just like running around like vote for me. But I felt like I wasn't doing that at all. I felt like I was.
Speaker 2: Just like she also said watch out for Cahn't.
Speaker 4: I know that was that was the perception that people had. However, we were all working as a group. But Cann would go, I'll go and talk to her. Leave it to me. Every day, I'll go and talk to him.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'll chat, okay.
Speaker 1: Also, another question to put you on the spot, because Sam and Mark are also two times, three times four time guests of this show. Dear friends of mine, Samantha and I were each other's bridesmaids. She was on your season, Mark was in your tribe. They're obviously married. They met on their season of survivor had a baby and an our back as a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in this season. First impressions of them, oh.
Speaker 3: Mark was like I looked at him and I was like, red flag, I love you, big muscle kind of looks angry all the time. Could throw me through a wall. That's how I take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, because you'd met them at our wedding, but you'd not been friends before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know how at your wedding. I at them, but I didn't really like meet them. I was like hanging out with a lot of people, so I kind of knew them ish, but it wasn't anything deeper than.
Speaker 4: That social butterfly alert.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, was obviously the place to be.
Speaker 3: Sam. My impression of Sam was that it was from the show, so I thought that she was going to be like super calculating. And I don't know anything past that because we're not at a point where Sam and I have any interaction, So I don't even know I have interaction.
Speaker 2: With her except for the first day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for the first when you saw and then you didn't even see the other tribe.
Speaker 3: Yeah until what about Challenges?
Speaker 2: What about You?
Speaker 4: With Mark, it was like I knew my brother had read his book, and.
Speaker 2: So you knew, okay, ready book it's called.
Speaker 4: To either go and get it if you haven't already, it's going to cost you one point per mentioned.
Speaker 1: It's actually mind blowing and he's so quiet, like gentle giant, you wouldn't even know.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, what.
Speaker 4: Amazing and beautifully And I listened to the audio book because I'm lazy, and the way he speaks is beautiful. I want to do that.
Speaker 3: He's captivating. There's a lot of people I reckon on our tribe who were captivating that I was drawn to. You were drawn to Nina Mark definitely, but like Nina as well. Chrissys. You know what it was. Chrissy for me was just like, you're the person I want to have drinks with.
Speaker 2: Yes, she'd be so great on a night out. I was like, I like this woman, She's.
Speaker 4: Awesome, She's so much fun. But within that first couple of days, Chrissy was.
Speaker 3: A lost Yeah. I think with Chrissy that first four day period there was a lot happening for her. Someone who wasn't a massive fan of the show coming on and experiencing finding a clue, getting an idol, being targeted, being targeted possibly again, that's like that's four very intense dates.
Speaker 1: Or on the first day she was like, so do we go to like tribal council now and everyone's like what the fuck talking about?
Speaker 4: Like she you know, And as a fan of the game, I was like, oh my god, how did someone who's never watched the show before get on this show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like the game is it deserves a level of respect. And so for me, that made me really unsure about Chrissy at the start, because.
Speaker 2: Oh, because she didn't know what parameter she was kind of operating.
Speaker 4: Because I applied for Survivor like two years beforehand. I've been trying and I almost made it on last season and just missed out. And so then when I finally made it, I was like, this is amazing, Like twenty over twenty thousand people apply for this show.
Speaker 2: And then out the number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you meet someone that's never watched the show and they're on it. It's like, hang on a minute, how does this happen?
Speaker 1: Maybe they think that the ignorance will get them further, Like she adds an interesting element.
Speaker 3: I actually think watching the show right now that when I see Chrissy, I kind of want to show like a whole season of people who aren't fans, because it's actually amazing watching her play right now is incredible. Well, it's super entertaining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's rue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's cool that she's not overthinking it as well. You can see how many of you are overthinking not wanting anyone to think that you're overthinking everything, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, Jordy, if you found that clue on the first day, you probably would have run. You wouldn't have ran for the idol because like, the idol had to be used that night. If I didn't show that on the p yeah, but they posted it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the idol.
Speaker 3: Had to be used that night. So if I had found that clue, no chance I was going to run for that idol. I would have been like, I should be Okay, I'm not going to go for it because that puts a bigger target on my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you could do it with no one saying you do.
Speaker 3: It, but you can't. It was in the middle of the room that was so awkward.
Speaker 1: Awkwardness wise, Also, how do you deal with being asked by the person that you've planned to vote out and they say whose name.
Speaker 2: Has been my favorite thing around? And then go and then going like no, someone else like, how do you do that when they're looking in your face? Because that's a bit you guys know. I would absolutely suck at that. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: So I'm just going to jump in here for one second, because I remember this very vividly. I the Andy vote Andy when we had already figured out the numbers and everything, and I had gone and gone Mel and kJ and everyone was in. Andy was in the water with Mark and Nina and Josh, and he asked me to come over because he wanted to know where my head was at. But I already knew that my head was on him. I was on Andy. So I came and I didn't want to sit down. I was pretending that I was going to go get whatever and mass like sit and then so Mark and I were like we were all staring at each other, and then Andy goes, what are you thinking? I'm like, like, he's injured. I get it. I really don't want to get rid of him, but I guess it has to be Alice. And then he's like, yeah, but who who you think and to say as the split vote, and I basically went, I can't do that, Like I'm going to vote Alex, you tell me who the split vote is, I'm off. And then I walked away and then I was on a kJ it is and.
Speaker 6: It is definitely no ax. It is like, there is no split vote. We know there's an it's going to go to either Chrissy or Shay. We don't have to worry about this. It's going on Andy. And I was just like, that took so much work.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of like poker face, Yeah, okay, can I ask non specific You don't have to say how long you were there or whatever, but just overall, what have you guys learned about yourself other than you know, the size of your you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I finally got to compare the size of my openis with other people. I think I learned that I struggle to keep secrets right.
Speaker 2: That would have made it so hard for you on the show.
Speaker 4: I did no, Like I didn't know that I was bad at that. Okay, but when I get excited about something, I do not have our filter, but it just comes out and it's great because I also love drama. So right, those two go hand.
Speaker 2: You have drama, you do love drama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it's not involving me and you, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you reckon yeah? Absolutely? Okay, thrive off it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When things are going too smoothly, you're.
Speaker 4: Like boom, Yeah, not good call.
Speaker 2: Actually just as an outside of server, yeah, like wow, things are going really well. And Rosie, I'm just gonna throw this bomb.
Speaker 3: In here talking secrets just for one second, and you're you're not being able to keep a secret this idol because by this time the past comes out, we would know this information. You basically tell everyone that Shay has an idol because you thought everyone knew. But watching last night's episode, everyone did know.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't know that.
Speaker 3: We didn't know that. I didn't know that either, but like, uh Mark, you Chrissy new and yeah, so our tribe already knew. But I we thought. I thought that Jordie had dropped a bomb when because I thought it was only the four of us, did you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But it wasn't it didn't you grab it in tribal council when you're all there, No, no.
Speaker 4: No, that was the first night, but this is second night, Second night, Shae finds in the tree.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, not.
Speaker 4: My giant pole, the giant pole that she the smaller pole, yeah, the slightly small pole.
Speaker 2: Slightly.
Speaker 4: Then we came back to camp after tribal and I was like, oh, Shay, thank god you didn't use your idol like in front of everyone. And then she thought that you just lost.
Speaker 3: It, thought that he fucked that up because we.
Speaker 4: Thought it was kindly yeah, to be generous.
Speaker 3: Jordy, myself, Nina and Shane new and no one else and no one else, but watching last night's episode, they were talking about Shaye's idol. Right.
Speaker 1: I'm also really excited to see, like when we do you know, a follow up of this in future episode, maybe like a midway and then like, well I didn't.
Speaker 3: I feel like what do we do one more once?
Speaker 1: Like more stuff comes out for sure, But I'm excited to see to ask you guys, what's the thing that you thought you knew that you found out later?
Speaker 3: I can tell you that right now. But everyone fucking caught me, king Kann. I had no fucking idea at.
Speaker 4: All that way through, Like you know that I don't know in the show. Yeah, but I didn't know that they were calling you a kid kan.
Speaker 2: Where were you? Do we want a different to everyone else?
Speaker 4: We were together?
Speaker 3: No, but I was just like you were there for the first full days. I was just hanging out and trying just to like chill and do the right thing and just like not be too crazy. And then they're like, King.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing you said to me when I saw you a non specific amount of time after you went in there was.
Speaker 2: I thought I was like super lokey, and I was like, have you met you?
Speaker 1: Low Key is not the word I described for gun. Yeah, And then that's not Sometimes you are Sometimes.
Speaker 4: Tonight's episode is huge for you as well.
Speaker 3: Oh far out we should recorded No, no, no, no, we can. It's fine because like we can probably talk about that because we know exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: How do you do you know the split of episodes or you just know time?
Speaker 3: We just know because well, the promos had come out and the photos that we received today that I saw.
Speaker 2: Photos, Okay, you can tell me because I haven't seen it yet. Obviously, I get.
Speaker 3: My idol to say yeah, oh my yes, I get a Dave and I share a super idol, a super a Super idol, an idol that I didn't ask for, and an idol that I did not go after. Dave basically took me on a reward, chose me to go with him, and at the reward there was two halves of one idol and I got one half of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Can I do a replay?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you.
Speaker 4: Can't back into camp. But after he won the award, right it comes walking in up the path and stands next to me, and he's got his hat on and he he goes, he looks at everyone and he goes, okay, guys, I can't do this. No one had even said.
Speaker 2: He's like, I know you're all thinking it. No one was thinking anything.
Speaker 4: Man. He goes, all right, I've got an idol.
Speaker 3: But I just wanted to be super transparent at that point because I was like, I've just gone to a reward with someone else from another tribe, Like it looks that's super siss And at that point Dave didn't give me anything, so he had the option of giving me a reward out of the three that he got. Okay, I got nothing, So I was sent back to a camp empty handed. And it's survivor. We all know there's something at those rewards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, they were good to know, and then they think you were hiding it and then.
Speaker 3: It becomes a massive thing. And so I basically went, you know what, let's just be transparent here. I have a fucking idol. Like, but I was shooting myself the whole time. I was so nervous.
Speaker 4: I was shaking. I was like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask for this, I don't want it, I've got it, but I've got this idol. Oh my gosh, And here is all of Australia going third idol in three nights.
Speaker 2: Yes, drama, am I the drama? Definitely? Oh my gosh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: How did you.
Speaker 3: Feel about that when I when I brought that in.
Speaker 4: Well straight away it was like, well there is again honest, can't honest? Can't you know, like just straight away, couldn't have to keep a secret, see how much he cared? Can't keep a secret? Such a funny, can't.
Speaker 2: That's okay?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: This is you when you walk back in arms crossed like shaking, like couldn't even like hold himself in so you could see he really cared, really cared, and really wanted to make sure that people trusted him.
Speaker 3: Right, because I thought I was always going to be a target, and I think that when I went in, I thought, if I'm a target already, the only way that can't be a target is to just don't be suss like, just be open and just communicate with everyone and let people know what I'm thinking and what I'm doing. So I literally walked in. But the only thing was when I held the idol, I held it in my hand where I was hiding the missing half. So the idol was like, it's a round idol, Okay, I had half of it, Okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Held it like, so you made it look like you had a whole.
Speaker 3: Well, I was like, I got an idol, and then no one asked me anything else. So he went back into my hat.
Speaker 4: This is a bomb. This is a bomb.
Speaker 3: Notice that no, Well, I actually told you half an idol of the day after though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you were lying because you didn't tell me the first.
Speaker 3: So you thought that I was that I had a whole.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just a regular idol because I had never heard of this concept of a superright you're a dumb ass. Yeah, full dumbas. I thought you were lying.
Speaker 3: I thought I showed you the idol. I showed it to a couple of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never saw it, Buck, I should have shut it to everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the greatest BTS content. Guy.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to just responsibly cut you guys off there because I feel like we can't.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You guys can't tell me even anything further ahead. It has only been two days, but.
Speaker 2: So much drama in two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let's circle around to Khan being the beans and rice cooker. Yes, and what that has translated into that started this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, so I was the beans and rice cooker. I actually really enjoyed it, Geordie. You know how much I enjoyed cooking.
Speaker 4: For the tribe. It is amazing. And you got creative too.
Speaker 2: Lots of herbs and spices are here, and six hours worth of cooking six.
Speaker 3: Hours worth of cooking. Not so much herbs and spices, but I just used rice in very different applications that I don't think that you would have seen on Survivor before. So there was texture in our dishes there, Believe me.
Speaker 4: You there are ways the Khan can do things with two ingredients, you know what I mean, rice and bean. You would not believe the variations of that meal.
Speaker 3: Just gonna say there were tacos. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all we need to say. There were tacos.
Speaker 2: It you tell me that in the middle of nowhere with riseing beans in a.
Speaker 4: Camp oven on a fire.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you joking?
Speaker 2: I mean that's why he's march. I couldn't do that at home, like a soou chef helping me.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't think that I could do it at home either, to be honest. It's because I was using the cars iron out and I was using this really intense heat. So I was able to dehydrate things and then chriss them up and then do things that I can't do at home, which is really exciting for me. That that that made me super happy, like trying to use rice and beans in different ways.
Speaker 4: Are you were about to say, like you've reinvigorated your love for cooking because.
Speaker 3: Of well, this is the funny thing. On Master Chef. In my first season, my backstory was all about how much I enjoyed foraging and cooking outdoors. And I feel like I lost a lot of that just naturally because I, yeah, like the George I was shooting in studios, I was.
Speaker 4: What you're saying is you've lost touch.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think he's got his touch back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed cooking on the fires, and like there's something about cooking on fires where you fuck up, like you fuck up, but then like you try and figure out how that fuck up can be something that's going to be delicious and still usable, and that's really exciting. Like that's really that made me super happy. Anyway, back to beans and rice. So from now until the end of the season, I'm going to eat a diet of beans and rice for charity. So the charity is Minus eighteen. It's a charity that I love wholeheartedly. They do amazing work for LGBT Quia plus youth. They help support the youth and also their parents and do information nights at schools and they hold events for them to feel comfortable and connect them with other people in the community. And it's great work. I use their services when I was younger, So I'm raising money for them. The way that you donate though, is a little bit more fun than just giving me money fun to add to my beans and rice diet. If you give me certain amounts of money, I can go out and buy myself different ingredients. So you're not giving that money to me, you're giving to minus eteen. You're just giving me permission to go and buy those ingredients. So twenty five dollars will get me some fruit, fifty dollars will get me some vegetable, any vegetable, I'll figure it out. One hundred dollars will get me a protein. And then if you're feeling really fancy and you want me to go out and like treat myself, two hundred and fifty dollars gets me up. I can eat whatever I want. That's really reserved for the corporate clients that like when we go to events and stuff for them to I'm like, if I come, you're gonna have to pay two hundred and fifty dollars with the charity so that can stay down and eat.
Speaker 4: That's sick. It's such a such a cool concept.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like with the amount of donations that I've had this week, I've actually I'm okay for a couple of days with a food. So I'm just gonna save this until next week and just buy like a whole bunch of groceries.
Speaker 4: Rather doesn't mean to stop donating.
Speaker 3: That, No, it means like, I think the content will be better now. So if you guys want to see really good food content, it's like you're making a mystery box for me. So next week I'm going to buy like a couple of vegetables, a couple of pieces of fruit approtein, and that's going to have to last me the whole week with my beans and rice. So I'm going to be using it in different applications so that I can make myself different meals.
Speaker 2: Such a good idea.
Speaker 1: And just to clarify, you are not giving Kant. Kant is not going to use the money that you donate to go and buy that thing. You're just you're donating to give him permission to go and use his own money to go and buy that.
Speaker 2: I was all going to charity. You're just allowing him to go.
Speaker 4: Like clock, I saw him using the charity credit card to buy a really nice steak. I think the charity had a credit card, you would know.
Speaker 1: We actually spoke about minus at and youth in your Cason Gay episode about how supportive they were when you were coming out, and how much their services provide a community for people who might not have that in their own network. So it's an amazing, amazing charity.
Speaker 3: They're incredible. So that my last charity program was with them as well. So I made T shirts the last two years for them, and we raised fifty thousand dollars, so it was in Yeah, it ended up being like fifty grand, So it was intense. Intense. Obviously, I don't think you're going to give me fifty thousand dollars worth of food now, but I think my first aim is going to be five, which I'm hoping to hit in the next three weeks.
Speaker 6: Cool man.
Speaker 3: And if I don't, then like pull your heads out.
Speaker 4: I have a question. Yeah, I raised my hand like I was at school. I have a question. Being with a charity for so long, have you noticed growth and like being a part of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I see all the events and I see it all happening because I like, I'm really heavily invested in them. I've done so much work with them, Like I applied to be a part of their board, Like I'm obsessed. I don't know I got it because I ap played like just recently, but when I first was working with them, they were only throwing events like gay Formal or queer formal is what we're calling it, where everyone under their LGBTQIO plus kind of umbrella could go to a form off that didn't feel comfortable going to their own school and like, yeah, doing like mixes and picnics and stuff, so the kids can kind of meet each other. But now it's extended so much further than that, where they're going to rural community communities and doing information nights like with schools, and like, it's just it's now shifted a little bit where it's now information and education for allies. So it's no longer just about the kids, which I love because it's like that's the extended part that people need to realize needs to change as well. It's like how comfortable these kids growing up are feeling in their community?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: I think that's so important because that's it's one thing to grapple with your sexuality in your own head, but then if your parents or your family's conservative or religious, you know, that adds a whole layer of they need support too.
Speaker 3: Or even your school, like the freaking school in Queensland. It's like, you can't be fucking gay, like fuck off, Yeah, but the fuck right off, Like I'm sorry, you have no right to tell a child to do anything. That's oh my god, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okaionate, passionate.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an amazing charity. And I think you've just done such a It's such a clever way to turn part of your survivor experience into something that then everyone else can get involved in. And I love the idea that we can spoil you, like we can decide if you get to eat and what you get to eat this week.
Speaker 2: I think it's such a good idea.
Speaker 3: You can also just join along like you can. You can raise money if you want as well. I don't expect everyone to do that just because that's it's hell eating beans and rice. It's hell unless you cook them, thank you. And I'm trying to like portion it as well to what we were having, so I'm not it's not a free for all. So the beans and rice are still eight hundred calories a day.
Speaker 4: Glow up two point zero, thank you.
Speaker 3: I was out there for four days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the next episode cans going to be on it.
Speaker 3: I go home he has an idol.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well this was so much fun, guys, and we only have had two days with a material, so thank you so much for joining. One quick wrap up question to tie it back into our beautiful neighborhood. What would you say so far that you're allowed in two point five or three days that you've been there by the time this comes out, What was the biggest yay.
Speaker 2: For you so far?
Speaker 3: Can I just before we wrap that up with that question, I just wanted to ask Jordie something because I just feel as though I haven't heard enough about how you feel you're being currently represented on the like the two episodes, So how are you feeling with like the edits and things like that, like are you are you happy?
Speaker 4: Well, it's only been two episodes, you know, so there is a lot of room for them to unfold who they want me to be portrayed as. But episode one I was pretty happy, Like I looked like a little bit of a simpleton, like I'm wearing overalls with no shirt on, but not just in terms of not just in terms of image, but like the grabs that they've used of what I've said, I don't sound super intelligent but I think it's sort of funny, like I'm happy, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't take.
Speaker 4: Myself too seriously to ignore the fact that that is partially who I am. However, they dramatize certain aspects of who you are, you know, and that's okay because I expected that as long as people know that what you see on television isn't always one hundred percent accurate, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but knows that who watches it.
Speaker 4: The thing is, I don't care what people think of me, you know, and so I'm in a good position where it's like make me look like an asshole. I don't really care, Like I know who I am and my family and friends know who I am. So if you want to make a joke out of it, that's actually pretty funny laugh.
Speaker 3: Alone to some Moving forward, though, if anyone sees a photo or some footage of Jordy in his underwear screenshot at zoom and you would not be disappointed.
Speaker 2: That's your yay so far?
Speaker 4: What is your I'm getting asked this question, by the way, like I'm listened to the podcast and I'm actually about to say what my ya, So this is tecting my yay.
Speaker 3: Of course my yay is it yay that I'm watching or yeah that I'm experienced, well.
Speaker 1: Both anything like anything that stands out to you from the whole experience a viewer is a participant.
Speaker 3: Being able to do it with my sister is a massive ya for me, Like I love her two pieces, I pretty much And you don't see in the first two episodes of the Four Days, but I think I cried like three times like during those like four days, Like I literally was constantly crying about like start like everything ale time we came back from a challenge. I was in years so but I was really lucky that I've been able to do a season of or where I get to like do it with my sister, experience it with my sister, have a loved one, share something with you that not meant like there's pretty much only twenty four of us that can say that we've done it with anyway family one with family or like with a loved one. But my main actual yay would be the fact that I feel as though people judged me going on Survivor as me trying to go on another reality TV show. What I think they've seen in the last two days, is that I wanted to go on this reality TV show. I wanted to go on Survivor. I wanted to play the game, and I'm a fan, and that is what I'm really loving that they're able to see that, and that I wasn't headhunted to go here. I applied, like I wanted to be on Survivor.
Speaker 2: Can and I do this thing.
Speaker 1: I think we've spoken about this on the show before, but if we haven't, I can't remember if we've said it or not. At the start of every year, we have this random conversation that's just started happening at the start of every year where we say like our biggest random goals and then track through the year in touch Base whether or not they've happened, and often they do, and you kind of just can't believe that. You throw out the wildest dream Emmer and Carns was I want to be on Survivor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we were just like.
Speaker 1: And then next minute he's like, I applied, And then next minute I'm through the next round and then I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: You wanted it so much.
Speaker 3: I wanted it a lot, And I feel like a lot of people just don't understand that they would have just seen like he's got followers and he's an influencer, his chef, he's been on TV before they asked him to be there.
Speaker 2: But you liked the show before that, You've been watching it for a long time. Yeah, I love that for you.
Speaker 4: Have you guys had that conversation at the start of this year yet? No, No, we haven't.
Speaker 2: We kind of did last year. At the end of last year, we kind of did. Yeah, but we haven't done the official twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: We just walk around the park basically and just talk, just say random ship.
Speaker 4: Any highlights are anything that stood out that you two actually aiming to do this year? Big goals like something like that we should keep an eye out for.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's really turning this up. He's really turning this up. Well, I want that cooking travel show that I've always wanted, and I think this is the year that I'm going to push for it.
Speaker 2: I think this is what you're going to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of uncertainty around. Are you getting a vulnerability hangover?
Speaker 3: I was just like, I was just like, do we talk about relationships on our walk because well, yes.
Speaker 2: We always do what did you do? What was your mine was like mine, I don't know it was.
Speaker 1: So we haven't had our honeymoon yet, and so usually minor like career or personal development related. But actually because it's been two and a bit years now of only being able to focus on that because everything else is in flux, we haven't been out of travel. Everything's been up in the air, you guys know, Nick's dad's been on well, So we've had a lot of stress and like we haven't been our normal selves and our first two years of marriage have just not looked anything like we hoped that they would, and same for everyone.
Speaker 2: It's not just us.
Speaker 1: But I think our biggest goal this year is to get in the equivalent of a honeymoon's a time together that's not talking about COVID, not talking about you know, family planning, not talking about anything related to career or got just us being absolutely stupid and overseas and traveling.
Speaker 3: You actually do need to do it this year then, because there's the main thing that you said there where you said not family planning, and you need to do it this.
Speaker 2: Year, right, Yeah, the clock is to see these boys are on me.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to be the Maldi. You're going to the Malties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we were going to Egypt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well either of those things we put it out in the universe, so there's going to be I don't know.
Speaker 2: Chef podcam yeah, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Do you know what we'reon't even make it about a job for you. I'll go somewhere as a job and I'll just be like, I've got two people that need to cut to yeah, and you go and do that while I have to make all the content myself like cameras camera and you just enjoy yourself. No.
Speaker 2: The problem though, when Nick can't and I go anywhere, is that I'm the third wheel. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: You guys deserve that. Yeah, you know that's really nice, Like you have to prioritize that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think also because we do want to start trying for children, and then you know in your first and third trimest you can't really travel. So I'm like, we do sort of need to try and get in because if you don't make time to turn off your brain, you don't ever do it. Like no one just stops you and says, by the way, I think you need a brain because you probably got.
Speaker 2: Here's tickets, Like you have to schedule that in.
Speaker 1: So that's probably our big priority, which is weird because usually at the start of the year, I'm like, what are my career goals? But this year I'm like, we need personal time even just like two weeks to remember or one week to remember who we are when we're not stressed or or pretending we're not stressed, to keep it together and mass skin at all, you know, just like having a good time.
Speaker 3: Barley just reopened, Bari just reopened this morning.
Speaker 4: This morning.
Speaker 2: See, we have two weddings in Europe as well that we're hoping to get to, so we probably do like some kind of Italy. I don't know something around them.
Speaker 4: You can't come.
Speaker 2: Should we just go as the absolutely? Should we just have our own honeymoon of the April.
Speaker 3: May let's do BALI, we can make this happen. Oh yeah, why did you just speak about this? I was trying to, like.
Speaker 4: I want to into it for so long.
Speaker 2: No on this show, they called says babe, Oh my god, double G. I feel like it is so.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 2: This is where we should Well.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 2: Over the mic.
Speaker 4: So my brother is riding from Adelaide to Ulu on his pushbike late March. Date hasn't been fully set yet, but to raise awareness. Not to raise awareness, but to raise money for a charity that we're starting, so for us, for me and Jesse, we just recently lost our step mom. So Dad's wife passed away just before I left for Survivor, which was huge, you know, like we only had a few weeks before we left to go and then got thrown into isolation for two weeks, so it was massive, right. But before we went away, before she passed away, we had about a month or two where we moved in with Dad and Fee and just sort of spent her last days on the planet with her, you know, and just we were around, we were helping her do stuff, and you know, like there was some awful nights sa I remember everyone else was out and it was just me and Fee at home and she had guests coming over and she shouldn't have been standing up or moving around house, but because she cares for everyone else before herself, she was up making the beds and cleaning the house. I was like, Fee, stop, come on, let's go to bed, and she starts She's like, all right, fine, I'll leave it. She starts walking to bed and as she sort of goes to turn around, the radiotherapy had mucked around with her head and she just fell backwards.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I tried to catch her. I just missed her arm and she just went back onto the ground. So there were so many nights where it was like, God, this is hard to be around. But if I hadn't been around it, I would have been devastating. Course, and the only reason that me, my brother, my dad were able to be around it was because we had donations from her family, her friends, which meant that we could afford to take time off work and spend that time with her. Without that money, we would have all worked hardly seen for as she slowly died in the back bedroom. Yeah, like, how depressing is that? And that is happening all over the world, But there are no real charities or any sort of foundation that gives money to families just to live. There are foundations that help with money for treatment, but not the caring for just the support of being around so that the family can be there with the loved one that's got a terminal illness. So that's what we want to do. So we're raising money. In her final letter to me and my brother, she said that every time we see a butterfly, we have to think of her and in Survivor Jesse and I so heaps of butterflies.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I love that song.
Speaker 4: And so in the name of the charity we're going to put the butterfly we haven't registered the name yet, but I think it's going to be called Fiona's Butterfly Effect. Yeah, so that's huge, And you know, you guys beautiful have mentioned you might be able to support us, and that's great. You know, we're going to need as much support as we can get.
Speaker 2: We want to come to be there for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be a trip and I'll be documenting the whole thing, sort of hosting like a little documentary and filming Jesse along the way. And so yeah, that ride will happen into March and we'll hopefully raise a bit of money and get a charity started. So we're going to try and get a number of families that we can raise the money for just off that ride. Hopefully we can just start it with a few families, can just give a few families some money and then hopefully branch out and be able to give to as many families as possible.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's incredible. You should talk to and whose birthday it is today.
Speaker 1: Incidentally, she did a charity ride from Adelaide to Melbourne on her twenty first birthday on a pushbike right at the eight hundred k. So logistics wise, we've got heaps of we're in her support car. We've got heaps of notes from that of sick things to do in ways to like the calf rubdowns and everything, and yeah, great, can drive a support car site.
Speaker 3: If you guys are keen, I I mean I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I mean, whether you like it or not, we're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Dates and then we'll slide it into the day.
Speaker 2: We're doing this absolutely sick, oh my god. And we'll get on board.
Speaker 1: And what's beautiful is that you stop at places along the way in the communities and you tell them in advance you're going to be at.
Speaker 2: The pub or at whatever. People rally around you. They donated like people with Airbnbs donated nights along the way for the whole team us and.
Speaker 1: Nick and j and like the whole team history of us. It's like when I say we at CZA and it's me at CZA anyway.
Speaker 4: Anyway, but also us three in l like sick. What's amazing, let's get guys, I'm so.
Speaker 2: Excited love the NT Yeah, beautiful, so amazing. All right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what what was your We never got we digress.
Speaker 1: We haven't even barely got to your siblings either, But anyway, huge, We've got time.
Speaker 2: We've got time another time.
Speaker 4: My ya would be the fact that we're only two episodes in, but already people have been reaching out saying they laughed at something I said, or or you know, they love my vibe, or they love they think I'm fun, or you know, they're enjoying watching me, and that's what you want it I'm making them happy. And that's literally all I want, you know, That's all I want from life, let alone from you know, a couple of episodes on a TV show. So it's really cool, that's all I want. That is my life goal, to make as many people happy as I can. So to see that's already happening, and I've only been in the public eye for a couple of days. Let's go. I want to spend the rest of my life reaching as many people as I can making them happy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you know what the coolest thing is about having a podcast is that you have a record of your minute to minute thoughts at a point in time, and you will always be able to go back and listen to when you were two days in and remember how you felt and remember the things you said, and then when you do them, you can go back and listen and be like, oh, that me had no idea I was actually going to do it, and it's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so exciting.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Also, next episode after, whoever you into after should be Jesse and Amy, because I think Jesse had a massive crush on Amy and that would you have to delve into that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just put them on the spot in one room together. I won't even be there to be like, talk it out, guys, talk it out.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you so so so much, like, thank you guys, very grateful.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys will be back on obviously when there's more juice to dish up. Sam and Mark will be on to give their first impressions of you guys. Oh, I have to play your first impressions to them, see what they think.
Speaker 4: But just honestly just grateful for this opportunity. I'm not in totaled to any of this.
Speaker 3: So there.
Speaker 2: You've made so many people yea today, those tidy purple is it's the aubergine.
Speaker 3: For me, it's the aubergine.
Speaker 2: It's the aubergine. Thank you so much. Guys who do not