Speaker 1: We acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land we're recording on today.
Speaker 2: That was cringe.
Speaker 1: It was so many rares that you read that out.
Speaker 2: I'm nothing if not able to giggle at myself.
Speaker 1: Did he write back? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to up the cringe?
Speaker 3: Go on?
Speaker 1: Man, this is so juicy. Hello, and welcome back to eat sleep.
Speaker 2: Sh'd repeat another rogue edition of Keys in Europe. I'm Kelly McCarran.
Speaker 1: And I'm Key Resells.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I am somewhere off in the Mediterranean with my family. Hopefully it's all going well while hell man's the fort at home. But don't worry she is, because one man's misfortune is another man's entertainment. I have lots of travel tips and lolls as soon as I get back.
Speaker 2: But today we're kicking back Q and A style, So Key, I thought that we would just kick it back. I've got ten questions for each of us. Love it listen. If we're really curious, we can answer the other person's two. But I wanted to keep it a little bit interesting and we'll take it in turn. So I'm going to start off with something really like, Okay, Key, do you believe in astrology.
Speaker 1: I do, really, yeah, so off brand.
Speaker 2: You're not Ulu.
Speaker 1: I think it's because I am like such a Gemini, like in what way, definitely like split personality. I'm very creative. I start lots of things and don't finish them, like I'm two a tee a Gemini.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm nothing like a Libra. And whenever I say that to astrologists, they go, oh, yeah, but you probably look a query it's rising and I'm like, oh, shut up.
Speaker 1: So I would say that, I'm like, here we go.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, you're probably a Gemini rising.
Speaker 1: No, I would say that I am entry level a believer in astrology. I haven't had my chart read and I don't know what my rising is or any of that. It's somewhere that I hope to get. But you have to know things like what time of the day you were born. Don't know that?
Speaker 2: How do you not?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't ask my mum? Can I who A, We're gonna ask? But yeah, I do believe in it. I don't know if I believe in like the things you see in magazines like your weekly, oh, that kind of thing, but I definitely do believe that, not all people, because there's definitely outliers who you meet and you're like, they'll say that there's something like a Leo.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you were the most placid leo.
Speaker 1: You're not a Leo. I think you might be. Are you a cancer? And They're like, oh, I'm on the cusp? And I'm like, oh, okay, that will makes sense.
Speaker 2: Like I think, do you even know what personality traits go with different things? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well not for all of them, because some of them I've just don't even have important people in my life who are a certain thing. Like I don't know any scorpios but the scorpiary really fiy.
Speaker 2: No, But like when when are they born?
Speaker 1: I think September.
Speaker 2: I don't really believe in astrology, okay, but I actually find it very interesting when people are it's a bit weird, but it's also like it's a cute hobby and whenever someone wow, cute sounds.
Speaker 1: So perpa it's so patronized.
Speaker 2: I don't mean it in a patronizing way. I mean it in a I'm often not interested in a lot of things, but if someone wants to talk to me about astrology, even though I don't believe in it. Yeah, I find it very interesting.
Speaker 1: But I think there are a lot of hacks out there with astrology. Like I think if you went to like a true astrologist who really had honed their skills like whatever you see in those magazines, I don't believe it's like you're going to run into money this week and I'm like, no, that would be nice, that would be lovely.
Speaker 2: I never have You've never been right before.
Speaker 1: But they're very top line those types of things. But if you actually got a proper astrologist, I think that they can get like quite detailed on it.
Speaker 2: But I really do believe it's so narcissistic though, that that's something that we'd go pay for to understand their fields better.
Speaker 1: Well. I was going to say, there's this very well known as in people all around Australia travel clairvoyant and Brisbane that has likes always booked out and like my friends have been and the things that he says is like stuff that not one would know about their family. That he never asked for their last name. It's only ever first name basis. They bring in two photos, the photos of face down like I.
Speaker 2: Can't not that's not astrology though, but That's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying is like, I think that realm of clearly, I believe in ghosts exactly, So it's surprising that you don't like astrology.
Speaker 2: It's just very I don't know.
Speaker 1: It has also probably been a bit whitewash. So the version of astrology that we consume on a regular basis is very watered down, like very broad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But I like every day i'd like to get my charts read. We should go get our chart thread together.
Speaker 2: That could be good content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll take a non believer and a believer and see where we're add out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll end up being like, oh, I'm going to turn into a tarot tarot Tarot tarota.
Speaker 1: The tea is silent a tarrot. All right, cal tell me about a risk that you took that paid off.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's actually an easy one. Oh when I quit my full time job. So true, that is so easy for me. I'm sure that there's way more interesting ones. But I quit my full time job because I was struggling to manage I had two podcasts at the time with Mama Mia. I was starting to do a little bit of freelance content. Creation, and I was trying to stay on top of my full time job with seventeen members under me, so not even just doing my job, but like managing a team. And I just was so burnt out and so stressed. So much has changed, and I quit one day in a very quite theatrical fashion. Yes, my last week of work paid full time was the week that everyone went into lockdown. Oh that's right, And I just remember thinking, oh, my goodness, you silly woman. Like, so my last week at work was spent letting my team go, which was really awful. Like I had one girl on the phone to me, balling her eyes out because she was like, I don't know how I'm going to pay my mortgage, Like this isn't even meant to be a deep answer. I won't go on about how awful that week was, but I just remember thinking, you fool, and you know, everything was so doom and gloom, and well we were facing.
Speaker 1: We did not know how to get through at that point.
Speaker 2: What we didn't realize, though, was that people would be looking for content. Beauty sales went through the roof for so many companies because people were like wanting to splurge and buy themselves like things to do it home. They weren't buying party dresses anymore, but they were buying like a nice candle or a nice body lotion, something that they could do at home. Yeah, actives may as well do some skin masks. So everything ended up fine, but it was a huge risk totally.
Speaker 1: And I also think just based on like you as a person, we have had a very risk adverse exactly. You've gone like straight from high school into college. You did move overseas, but it was with a boyfriend. Like You've stayed in jobs for a long period, much longer than I should have, pretty much most of my jobs. So it's for you to be like, I'm just going to quit a job that has a regular income, a good income to do this like that is a big thing for you.
Speaker 2: It's because I am so risk adverse. Such a good point. So but yeah, it's paid off, Like I'm earning mostly what more than what I would have full time, not a huge amount more. But the beauty is that I get to I don't have to manage people, which I love. Yeah, and I get to choose my own projects now that I've got a kid. Being able to manage mowent hours is heaven, and I don't take it for granted. So yeah, it's definitely a risk that has paid off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that it's not boring at all.
Speaker 2: Key, I'm scared share a past mistake or regret that still affects you. I hadn't want people you shouldn't have regrets. Actually, I heard you say that to Lucy and I'm waking out, and I'm like, hey, Race, everyone has.
Speaker 1: I think you can have regrets, but I don't think that you should let it control your life. Yeah, and also just think about what you've learnt from it. You know, like that you still think about But that's okay because you're thinking about it in a way of like, if that happened to me, now, I'll do it differently.
Speaker 2: Every one of my huge regrets that play on my mind I have learned from because I know that I will never repeat that again.
Speaker 1: I've got one that's like not that deep, but it's something that still keeps me up at night. Gone not getting a market for the wedding. I bring it up once a week to Charlie and I'm just like, oh, because do you know what happened? You know why I'm upset about it?
Speaker 2: That is so funny. Apologies, but that is so funny. It's barely been a year. It hasn't been a year, I know.
Speaker 1: But the thing is that it's like, just as we had to make the decision because we had a markete on hold, just as we had to make that decision, the lighting guys came, so they were like, we're ready to set up. But if we had have chosen the marquee, that would have fucked the lighting. So they would have had to go and then come back. Yep. And so I think, like looking at the weather report, they were there like making that decision, and then it rained. Like at the time on the day.
Speaker 2: I was he did not care, which was so good.
Speaker 1: I just was like I didn't think I'd ever make it. This sounds crazy, but like I didn't ever think I would get married. And even in the lead up to the wedding, I was like, something's going to happen. This is not like me to do something.
Speaker 2: You were like, I just thought, like I.
Speaker 1: Can't imagine me doing something very traditional, you know. I mean, the car did catch on fire, so there was plenty of things that did happen, but.
Speaker 2: Drew was teething and through an absolute teang exactly.
Speaker 1: But I remember like being married and I was like, holy shit, I've actually done something. And I think for me it was important because I think a little bit deep, like a lot of the stuff I do in my life is to break cycles of like you know, So for me, it's like really important to like distinguish myself from like, for instance, my mum and like to have like a really healthy marriage and something I didn't know if I'd ever be able to do just because of the hardship I'd face. Like, just to me, to be married in that moment was a real accomplishment. So the fact the weather was terrible, I didn't care what it did do put the car fire out exactly exactly. But what I did find afterwards was in hindsight, was like I didn't get to get any pictures with like my friends because we went away to do our photos. So I've got wedding party photos, which is fantastic, but I like don't have any with my friends. So that makes me sad.
Speaker 2: And is that why you regret not having the marque because you don't have photos with friends? Like, just elaborate on why you regret.
Speaker 1: Just some of it was a bit disjointed while we're waiting for the rain to Like, I wonder if we had the marque, everyone would have been together with the speeches would have been sooner, everyone would have been seated for the speeches.
Speaker 2: Like it was very much so unique wedding. Yeah, even the formalities were held inside a family home. Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it too. I loved it. It's just it's my silly brain.
Speaker 2: That gets silly and.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's really hard for me to even look at photos like it's it's like and then I'm saying it's probably also regarding deb Yeah, it was such a special day. I was so happy in that moment, but my brain still wants to find something to make me feel like I did something wrong or something like that. You know, that's just kind of my anxiety creeping it. But that is one that still haunts me. Like if I am having a shit week, that will be something that a market, that'll be something my brain fixates on. But how crazy is that because it's so unimportant and I know what was important about that day now more than ever. Yeah, So it's just making my brain believe that over trying to torment me. Yeah, do you think there's a part of you that you've lost?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I think everyone does. Most people do. Yeah, as you get older, I think you lose a lot of just innocence, Yeah, and that beautiful naivety, innocence, ignorance in a lot of ways about different things in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think how easily and openly I could love when I was younger now just seems a lot more bogged down. Yeah, but I think everyone would probably say that.
Speaker 1: I feel like life hardens you a little bit.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, yeah, and you look back at the person you were and you just think, yeah, I have lost a lot. However, I've also gained a lot. Like I was so self conscious as an example, so and shy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's such a good point.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, you win some you lose somebody.
Speaker 1: No, totally, I feel that. I feel that. Girl.
Speaker 2: What's something I have said to you that's made a lasting impact? Tell me, I'm wise.
Speaker 1: I think you were pretty instrumental on me going free lance, like it did benefit you because the only way we could do our pod was if I obviously.
Speaker 2: But I would have encouraged her even if you weren't doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I think you were really good at that, and I think just you and Lucy are probably the two people that tell me all the time you can do X y Z. So I think that's had a lasting impact, Like I know that you support me and encourage me and believe in me as a friend.
Speaker 2: Not a specific saying her.
Speaker 1: Not a specific. I can't think of anything and specifically maybe when you sent me a Facebook message saying you might have judged me too quickly.
Speaker 2: That was the start of our relationship, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: That stayed with me though, because for me, it's all about taking accountability of like your actions or how you've behaved or whatever. And I thought like, yeah, she's a real person, Like I can count on her because she's willing to acknowledge that she got it wrong.
Speaker 2: I can be an awful person, like I can be a bitch, but I have such accountability and I always have had, and I think it's important. Yeah I'm the first to raise my hand and say I behaved terribly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that has stayed with me. You actually reaching out and because not a lot of people would do that, would they would just like start a friendship and not acknowledge it, but you were willing to like be vulnerable in order for it to move forward. And I think that's kind of almost set the blueprint for our friendship.
Speaker 2: Like we're pretty honest.
Speaker 1: Honest with each Other's so true.
Speaker 2: Most people would probably just have been like, okay, yeah, like we're friends now. I not ever said anything yeah, because it would have been too awkward, or I would have been like, maybe she just didn't know that I was afl Like it's hard to admit your faults, I think, but I don't quite hard. I think a lot of people do find it hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do, but and sometimes when I'm like, I know I have to say something, and I'm just like.
Speaker 2: You find it hard, but it's weird because you're so hard on yourself. Like I don't think I'm hard on myself, but I'm happy to own up when i've I don't know, everyone does the wrong thing all the time. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: They do, they do, they do, and it's fine. It's so fine. It's just sometimes where our worst critics. But yeah, I would say that because that really, I've got to thank you so much. I didn't I think about it every day. What is my worst trait?
Speaker 2: Be nice that you overthink everything and like catastrophize things, and you make things so much harder than for yourself because you do that. So it impacts every single part of your life, your professional life, your work life, your Friendship's like, you'll be at home and you'll just be like, and I can just imagine it's like the rooms closing and you're going, I haven't messaged anyone back for weeks on end. Everyone hates me. I'm a terrible friend. No one even likes me. The worlds are closing in on me instead of spending that half an hour just fucking texting people. I know, I know, but I also think you're thirty five years old, thirty six. Sorry, you're probably not going to change thing I am.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean it's endearing sometimes, but I think you need more self awareness about it. Just but you do. You're pretty good to be like, Oh yeah, I was really thinking that it wasn't actually a big deal.
Speaker 1: I think I just have this like big thing about disappointing people. Yeah. I don't know why. It's silly if someone were to say the same thing about themselves to.
Speaker 2: Me, I didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: You are crazy, like it doesn't matter. It's so fine like blah blah blah. Anyway, all right when I surprises there, thank god.
Speaker 2: If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be and what would you ask them?
Speaker 1: Oh, that is a great question. I know, maybe with some like kind of historian to sit me down and like talk me through history, because I don't know a lot of history.
Speaker 2: But who that's.
Speaker 1: Really boring because I like things about history, like I think it's interesting. I don't know if I can answer this question in an interesting way. Who would you take?
Speaker 2: Probably Joan of Arc or some shit what was her name, Like some chick that just, you know, really fucked things up for people. But I actually don't know what i'd ask them. I'd just be like, how'd you get them balls? I don't think where this type of person that, Oh, okay, yeah, let's just move on. What's my most annoying trait? You have to We'll see if I've got self awareness about this.
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: You do, You'll just be in a grump, and no matter what I do to try and get you out of it, you will not get out of it. And then I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Fucking hell, like, get out of your grump right now, but I can't if I'm in a grump. I'm in a grump, I know, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like usually the vibes are high for me if I'm coming over here, because but if I'm in a grump and I can't, and then you'll push me out the door, and I'll be like, you know.
Speaker 2: A bad mood today, But you're not like, but I feel like every single person that's close to me would say exactly the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, completely.
Speaker 2: So it's not like you get treated special, no, I know, get treated the same for.
Speaker 1: You sometimes, Like it's always.
Speaker 2: Pushing out the door.
Speaker 1: You're always like you've got to go there.
Speaker 2: It's just one time.
Speaker 1: But you'll make it very you'll make it obvious that you're like or actually, this is a good one.
Speaker 2: When we record, Oh, when I'm bored, you can.
Speaker 1: Just go vacant, and I'm like trying to fucking keep the conversation going because we're recording a podcast.
Speaker 2: That's different, that's not grumpy, that's bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes you have to feign interest when someone else is talking.
Speaker 2: You're good at hiding the way I feel about it.
Speaker 3: I know, did you know what I am because some of the stuff you say is boring too, But can you tell and just say shut up bored? No, because I have enough awareness to understand that even though it's maybe.
Speaker 1: Boring to me, it may be interesting to the audience or be okay for the edit you just give me blank stairs. It's almost like you're writing a message on your phone.
Speaker 2: In my head, in your head, and I was like, no, I'm probably more like singing a song in my head, like, oh, probably this looks like good jop me. So everybody just follow me while he's going. And then I did toilet And do you know.
Speaker 1: How hard it is to keep your train of thought going when you know that you know that's the person at least time I know you.
Speaker 2: It's worse. I feel so bad when I'm like talking to someone that I've just met, Like if I'm out somewhere networking and they're just boring me to tears and I'm like, I know you can see all over my face that I don't want to be in. I don't know how to feign an interest.
Speaker 1: What about that time we went to that event recently together, was in the evening and I went to lou Or to go and get my jacket from co check and I came back up and I was just like, how the do you feign interest with this conversation with this woman? He was like I was boring shit, and I'm like, it's the most enthused I've seen you. And probably three weeks till I went over and he goes, who were they?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't know. I didn't even get an agema. And then you were just like you know why. I was five champagnes deep. I'm fine after a few drinks, I can feign in interest about anything, and I'll make friends with anyone.
Speaker 1: I couldn't you werenk pregnant. I was like, get me out of this conversation. It was like we were talking about mudel bricks or something. I was just like, this is what are we talking about? This? For?
Speaker 2: I would have made it interesting, man, I was talking about muddy slipping slides.
Speaker 1: She also wasn't giving you anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, that was what it must be like having a conversation with Yes, yeah, didn't she then faint? She did so from the boardom.
Speaker 1: She wasn't disinterested, she was dizzy, she was dehydrated. Why did your last relationship.
Speaker 2: End, romantic relationship or friendship? You know why the friendship relationship ended?
Speaker 1: Because romantic romantic?
Speaker 2: Because I moved back to Australia.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was your last relationship with proper relationship?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I broke up with him via an email, even though we've been together for quite a while, and an email, so retro of you. Was it a long email? I didn't even have the balls to actually do it over the phone because he was still in the States, and I was just like, I'm not coming back, by the way, because I flew back to go to Ashley's wedding, oh Christmas with my family. And then I just emailed him and I was like, oh, I'm not going to comfort.
Speaker 1: I've decided to stay and that means we're breaking up.
Speaker 2: Hop things are well?
Speaker 1: Was it a long email?
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'll find it for the shits and gigs?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love this. That's a good thing about breakup over emails that you've got the proof.
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm sure it'll be with an email address I still have. Yeah that one.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is so funny. Should I read it? It's not that long, It's not that long.
Speaker 1: Out wait, hang on sand how long did you guys date?
Speaker 2: For three years? Moved together? Okay, yeah, the title is us.
Speaker 1: That's the subject of the emails US fuck ymail? No beating around the bush?
Speaker 2: Then no? Okay, Well I'm guessing you both I didn't even say hi. Okay, Well, I'm guessing we both feel the same way. Given the mutual distance slash, lack of contact, etc. Do do we both know it's over? I honestly had every intent of coming back and trying to make it work. But after less than a week back home, I felt like I was coming back to life. I was me again.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I actually do understand that though.
Speaker 2: I'm actually glad we put this conversation off, though, because to begin with, I was so mad, and that's so unfair because it takes two. I'm dying now. I feel sad, sad that I'm no longer going to see my best friend every day, the best friend who loves puppies and my column bear dance interpretation.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: I hope we will still be friends. I will always be there for you and I want to be your friend. How many times can you say friend? I don't regret a moment we had together and even though our relationship was tumultuous at the best of times, it was filled with so much love, friendship and fun. It is for these reasons that I hope we can be friendly. Okay, I get it. Call you want to be friends and not let this get hetty or horrible. There's no one else. For the first time in my life, I'm not relying or having a man in my life. Oh and it feels weird but liberating. Okay, I'm going to use this time to just look after me and concentrate on my career and mental health. I would really appreciate an email telling me how you've been feeling as sad as I think this is. I think we're on the same page because you certainly haven't seemed to miss having me around. Huh. No, horrid feelings, not that I care. Love always your clee who that was cringe many l that you read that out. I'm nothing if not able to giggle at myself, and I just gave myself the yick in a lot of ways. Guess what plot twists. We're not friends. We never were refused to send to me my box.
Speaker 1: What was in your box?
Speaker 2: My shit that I bought in America.
Speaker 1: That's really rude.
Speaker 2: Oh so much, JA, if you're listening, I really don't think he would be you.
Speaker 1: Did he write back? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to up the cringe?
Speaker 1: Go on, man, this is so juicy.
Speaker 2: I was genuinely and deeply in love with you. Oh your amazing eyes, Oh your friendship. Oh you are adorable. I would very much like to stay friends for life. I do not regret anything. To be brutally honest, I certainly missed Grace during earlier parts of our relationship than anything that was his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: But I'm over here it feels like maybe you're not we're breaking up when you're bringing up Grace.
Speaker 2: Sarah. Now i'm reading this, I'm like, oh, you will always be my big booty cutie cleat see big booty. See I used to have.
Speaker 1: A booty, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: And then I will not air dirty laundry. And I hope that you choose not to too. Literally, eleven years later, I'm reading this on now. I also hope your parents don't hate me, sad face.
Speaker 1: Why are people always so concerned about the parents. It's like, of course, second, I hate you.
Speaker 2: Also, I went out for dinner with his mom. Like a week later, we had a great and she was like, I'm very upset that you're not going to be my daughter in law. I never worried about the parents. I'm still friendly with them. I'm still message mother. It's boyfriend's mum all the time anyway. Lol.
Speaker 1: So reason was I moved back and you're like, fuck, didn't want to go back. Kind of warm here, mum, stay, I think you still love with these ex girlfriends. Grace wherever you are.
Speaker 2: Oh Grace, if you're listening, don't think Jay ever got over you. Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 1: I think I would. One of my girlfriends shout out Laura Brodneck. I think she listens.
Speaker 2: Swears that I wouldn't. Yeah, you absolutely wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I think that is.
Speaker 1: Rude for you to say. Okay, I think I'd be one of those people that, like you see their character arc and you see them from like they're like this person who doesn't like camping or.
Speaker 2: The after me five reasons why you would survive a zombie apocalypse, and then I'll give you five minutes of you dying by the zombies. What would happen in the first five minutes?
Speaker 1: Well, I think I'd struggle because I'd probably have to eat gluten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be see the zombies would get you while you shit in your pants.
Speaker 1: Laura was like, on account of your intolerances, you would die in the first week. Yeah, I'm like, no, it's all candy.
Speaker 2: You're shitting.
Speaker 1: No, you can't, but it's I don't poop is the issue?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that would slow you down because you'd be full of five killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, But I reckon, I'm small, I'm quick, I'm smart. I could be like people need people to cook and zombie poms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you take so long.
Speaker 5: I don't, and you're a bad problem so far.
Speaker 1: I'm not about with common sense.
Speaker 2: So you would be like, oh, and then you overthink everything, so you'd go.
Speaker 4: Oh, I ten minutes later you'd be going, ah, I am taking great offense, and then you take to put the meal.
Speaker 1: No, I would survive, hands down. I would survive. I would survive.
Speaker 5: You're small and nimble. That's what you've got going on exactly exactly smart, but questionable logical skills when it comes to like doing things.
Speaker 1: I also just wonder if I'd have the courage to like run out and kill a zombie. I don't know. I don't know if I could do it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you'd be gasping with someone inside and going, oh my god, I just got my brains done, Like I don't really want to go out there. What if they get mud in them?
Speaker 1: My strength would be and like considering factors when we had to like, okay, we could happen. Like I think I'd be great on like a board, a board of like the zombie apocalypse, like making decisions for people. I think i'd be good in like a manager.
Speaker 2: You don't think that you'd like overthink every question or do.
Speaker 1: You need someone to think? You need someone to explore the things and mate.
Speaker 2: What if they were like key, this is a life or death situation and you have to tell us in thirty seconds what we should do. I'm going to get back to you and find by business days after I've like talked it over with several people for hours at a time.
Speaker 1: Look, it's true, it's true. What's a compliment that you still remember? Oh, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: We played a compliments game in Europe when I was there a long time ago, and I had the compliments written down, so I just will pick my favorite out of them and.
Speaker 1: Tell you, Oh, that's very convenient because.
Speaker 2: The other other can't really remember. Okay, So I think that one that I really love was my friend Jamie Goyce, who is married to my girlfriend Kimmella with all the babies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He told me that my capacity to accept criticism and adapt slash change. I'm always willing to improve myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that that it's a lovely.
Speaker 2: Compliment, and especially for like Luke's best friend to say about me so nice.
Speaker 1: It's really nice.
Speaker 2: I know. I stard written down in my book with all my things.
Speaker 1: That I like to it's very good that you do that.
Speaker 2: Bear grills, storms make us stronger. Don't shay away from the battle, be focused and be bold.
Speaker 1: Was that from two thousand and eight as well.
Speaker 2: No, I will write stuff in there oly time.
Speaker 1: Oh, what is.
Speaker 2: The biggest misunderstanding about me in people's eyes? Like if someone didn't know.
Speaker 1: Me that well, I think it will be that you're not smart. Oh, I think people think that you're a bit dumb for some reason. And it's like, no, she's just.
Speaker 2: A bit of a bogan, Like she's a bit of a bogan very ditzy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know, as in, like you're just not always thinking deeply about something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I can't be bothering.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, But it's not for lack of like intelligence.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it might be.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends if it's boring or not bored. I'm bored, so I don't care, which is actually kind of nice.
Speaker 2: I don't fake it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm aware what about you is easy to love.
Speaker 2: I take my sense of humor, like, just when I'm excited about something, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Ye, genuinely excited too. Yeah, like you think it's not genuine, but that's how excited you are that it feels not genuine. Yeah, because you're so overly excited.
Speaker 2: I'm very enthusiastic when needs be. Oh sorry, yeah, grumping. And I've got a pretty hilarious sense of humor if I do say so. My s which I think would be easy for people to love, yeah, or just think is wildly unhinged. I agree. What's the quickest way someone can lose your trust? I giggled when I said that, because he is notoriously like, Oh, you fucked me over it, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can hold a grudge, that's for sure. I think it's just being shady or like disingenuine or just or competitive, like I hate when people are competitive for no reason. It's like there's enough room for everyone to do well. Yeah, but you'll lose me at like being snobby.
Speaker 2: Given that's why I didn't like you, and I I.
Speaker 1: Think that, Yeah, it could be interpreted that I am snobby, but I'm actually not. Just I'm like, I think I'm just very close because it takes me a minute to like make sure that someone is you know that I should be close friends with them or whatever. But I think people lose me if they're snobby, if they're casually racist, which happens more often than not anytime someone like punches down, Yeah, is losing me, yes, very quickly.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's pretty standard reason I think we should all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, But I actually really like it about you though, because you're very loyal. But yeah, fuck you over and no one can come back from that, well no whereas I really I feel like I'm pretty loosey goosey. I'm just like, oh, come back, I know, which is why weird because I'm a grump.
Speaker 1: Also that saying like, if someone shows you who they are, believe them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, oh, okay, I will already know. I don't need you.
Speaker 2: To I don't know. Yeah, I think I probably give people the men of the doubt more than people realize, Like I'll always be like, oh, surely they're not that bad.
Speaker 1: I can pretty much figure out who someone is the first time of meeting them. I can just telling the way someone moves and the questions they ask. The you can tell so they treat pretension, yeah, but also by the types of questions they asked, Like what do they actually think it's important to ask you to get to know you.
Speaker 2: If someone asked me what I do for work straight away, I'm like, you're a boring person, yeah, because that's the least interesting thing about me. Ask me something like this, what keeps you up at night? I would love that. I asked a girl once if she was hungover, because her hair looked so shit. It's a great intro.
Speaker 1: You can't ask that.
Speaker 2: It was very messy. She was wearing a hungoverdue you know what out Yeah, we're friends now. I was like you hungover? Yeah, I was like, you've got the hungover hair. Going on sis partied last night? Would you do? And she was looking at me a little bit gobsmacked, like, I can't believe this girl's just introduced herself by commenting on my messy hair. Well, you know what, we're friendly.
Speaker 1: That's actually quite nice, all right, all right? Which of your parents? Oh, this is glad you got this one, not me. Which of your parents are you closest to? And why?
Speaker 2: That one's very hard because I would tell my mom more. But I would call my dad if I was in a pickle. In fact, my dad is the first person I will call when I'm in a pickle.
Speaker 1: You know what I thought was interesting? And this is a more of a me thing because well, I guess no, because my granddad was my main person. But like when you had your medical thing, Ah, but your dad is a medical professional. But I did think it was like surprising that your dad would come over your mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wouldn't want my mom to come to anything like that. She's very similar to my sister. She's very emotional, and my dad is very pragmatic, very to the point Stern has a laugh about everything. My dad and me have exactly the same personality. Yeah, okay, so I'm very similar to him. That makes sense as to why you wouldn't necessarily tell him more stuff because you know that he's going to give you straight answers. Yeah, whereas your mom might be a bit softer in her approach.
Speaker 1: Or just different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thats like he absolutely will tell me when I'm being a ship person or whatever, like he's whereas Mom's like she's not being a ship person. And I'm like, yeah, i am. Yeah, so it's kind of hard like they've got different Yeah, but that's nice. And I can also like just sit with my dad in silence, whereas my mom's a yappa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well so so I am, but not all the time. I'm a grumpy I just want to sit in silence a lot. My mom and my sister are the same person, and my dad are the same person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then where does your brother sit?
Speaker 2: My brother's just a rogue piece.
Speaker 1: Of way, isn't he a brother?
Speaker 2: I saw him the other day and I was like, oh, where have you? And Cat Beanie's girlfriend they went like tree swinging on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: You know, when I remember your a brother is every year at Christmas when you guys drink, you're Slovakia. Yeah, yeah, Astravia. There they are, there, they are.
Speaker 2: We see them at Christmas time, even though they live twenty minutes away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I asked him.
Speaker 2: The other day was his birthday and I had a gift for him and he lives twenty minutes away, and I was like, Lenny and I can come over on Friday morning. Lenny wants to see your motorbikes and auldroprovo your present, and he's like, no, I'm studying. Okay, what is the one place you've always dreamed of going to?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is You're probably there at the moment. Oh yeah, I was gonna say, I'm actually ticking off one of my big ones on this trip, which I'm so excited about. Okay, you're Pulia in Italy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice on.
Speaker 1: The east coast of Italy, right down the bottom and it's just beautiful, like just a really different part of Italy. I feel like I've been to places that are quite similar and they're like Italian feel and Pulia is just a little bit different.
Speaker 2: So is it busy generally or is it less not?
Speaker 1: I think it's gotten quite known in the past few years.
Speaker 2: But I think I said everyone goes to now Pofino or oh.
Speaker 1: Aino Malfi Coast. I don't think it would be as busy as a Maufi. I think it's kind of like the cheaper or just like less millionaires populate area. Yeah, yeah, exactly. But one place I'd like to do is like something like the Amazon or cool something like that. You know, like I'd love to do a safari in Africa. That's like one of our things that Charlie and I would like to.
Speaker 2: I grew would love that. That's so a kid friendly love that maybe not kid friendly if they run off with the lions, but like no, you can do.
Speaker 1: Like family one and stuff. And Charlie has a lot of South African mates who we are very close with that he met like when he was backpacking and still to this day are really good mates because it moved to Sydney and so we're friends with them and they go back usually for Christmas each year, and they've invited us a bunch of times. So in the next like you know, five years, will definitely go.
Speaker 2: Can you go to Africa anytime of year?
Speaker 1: I think it's hot all year round.
Speaker 2: That's sorry, That's what I mean. Like you you know you don't want to go to We could go to Italy in winter, but it would not Yeah.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be as good. No, I'm pretty sure Africa's pretty warm all year round. It would be pretty cool just to either like the Amazon or Africa, just somewhere really different and a bit remote and not like I don't know what we're getting a completely different experience. Yeah're seeing things you've never seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you a good gift giver?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? No?
Speaker 1: Oh are you not?
Speaker 2: I am awful at gift giving so bad I forget half the time. A couple of months ago, I was doing a big clean out of the garage and I found a wedding card that I'd written to someone like happy wedding guys, love you so much, blah blah blahbah. I didn't have names on it. I just was like, so excited to be here, Love Kelly and Luke with cash in it.
Speaker 1: Did you an even work out who it was?
Speaker 2: No, So there's someone in the world who thinks that I didn't even get them a bloody card, let alone contribute to the wishing well.
Speaker 1: You're probably gonna get a message after this episode goes out like it.
Speaker 2: Was, everyone will be like, oh it was me, you owe me three hundred bucks. I just I'm awful at gifts. Like I've got gifts in this garage for so many people that I've just never wrapped and never given them. That box over there that is Sandy's birthday gift. Her birthday was in May.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to give that to her.
Speaker 2: It's surprising that you gifts because I'm thoughtful. I'm not good at gifts, but I'm thoughtful, so I'll do other things. Yeah, yeah, but when it comes to specific dates, honestly, just truly awful.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't relate. I'm really good at gifts. You are.
Speaker 2: I really remember Lenny's birthday gift last year was so good to start. He loved it. Do you think that everyone deserves a second chance.
Speaker 1: I don't think everyone blanket all. No. I think that depending on the circumstances, the level of like deceit or level of mistake that's been had, the level of like actual feeling bad, like remorse for what someone's done. But no, I'm more lean towards no than yes. I think. But I have to consider all things. Okay, I think, like where I find a really hard line would be with like cheating, and I think that like a lot of people are like, oh, there's degrees of cheating that would be okay or understood or but for me, I'm pretty like no, not very white and black though, Like we've sort of discussed with like breaking your trust, that's a big thing for me. It's like I would never be able to trust you again.
Speaker 2: What if Charlie was really drunk out with his work friends and pashed someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't be okay with that.
Speaker 2: No, I know you wouldn't be okay with it, But could you seriously not get past that?
Speaker 1: No, because like it would be like to me that that behavior has been allowed. But I do not judge anyone else who can move past that and go on to have like a beautiful life with their partner. But for me, it's like, don't waste my time. Yeah, I want to be with someone who I trust one hundred percent, and I do with him. Yeah, I trust him one hundred percent. And I've said to him, if you ever cheat on me, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: I can kill you.
Speaker 1: I won't kill him, I'll just you know. It's a hard line for me as it is for him. He's not a fan of cheating either, So.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really don't unless you're in a polyamorous relationship. I really don't think anyone's okay with cheating, but I think.
Speaker 1: Some people are okay with a pass or whatever. I do think that that's something that people accept as being okay. I just think it's a slippery slow yeah, because it's like, you know, how far can you push it?
Speaker 2: What's something you're really bad at dancing?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm still easy?
Speaker 2: That one's so easy?
Speaker 1: Anything like coordinated?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. He used to think that I pretended to be bad to be funny, and then she got to know me and was like, oh no, she's actually just that uncoordinated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was disappointing to find that art. Honestly, I I'm glad that we're out of wedding seasons so I don't have to Well.
Speaker 2: I don't even dance, do I, because I don't enjoy the art of such an activity, So I just loiter it the periphial filming.
Speaker 1: Like, it looks like you feel.
Speaker 2: As uncomfortable as I. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I am not comfortable in that sort of a situation at home. I'm happy to have a dance. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know I dated like that exit I dated for like a decade. He didn't dance, and it was really something that I thought I didn't care about. But then on the first night that like Charlie and I.
Speaker 2: Like, you danced on the first night, yeah, I mean we were.
Speaker 1: At this like a Moroccan party, and then we went back to a house party and we'll there's like a d floor in the living room and we dance like so much dancer. It's such a good dancer.
Speaker 2: He's got rhythms.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I feel like it'd be a daggy, dorky dancer.
Speaker 1: And I just loved it. I loved it so much, and I was like, fuck, this is what I've been missing. Someone to dance with me because I love dancing. I don't care what I look like. And we always go to gigs all the time and we like, I'm dancing and he's like, right, they're dancing with me. I'm like, that's so fucking fun, Like this is what I want to be.
Speaker 2: It's not that I think that I look silly. I mean I do, though, but it's just the way that I feel I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fair, I think it's good to have that awareness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that is the end of our little holiday strange editions. We're going to have a little two week break so he can enjoy her Mediterranean adventure. But in the meantime you can catch up on old episodes. I do have a recommendation, Yes, I saw you had two in the didn't you please? If you can donate blood and breast milk. So a lot of people mainly think of donated blood in the context of like a first responder emergency, but as this lovely lass Hannah who works at Life Blood Australia pointed out, it has so many other life saving uses. Like when I had a blood transfusion after Lenny. Yeah, it was very gross at the time because I hate blood and that sort of thing, and the idea of someone else's blood going into my body. I was just like yuck. But it literally Actually I probably would have lived, to be fair, but I would have been a lot sicker for a lot longer. I think that people do forget that we rely on donors to keep the blood replenished. So one blood donation is needed every eighteen seconds in Australia, so a donor is needed every four minutes and that just doesn't happen. So if you can, there are obviously some rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are some rules, like.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be able to do at the moment because you're Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 1: If you've had a tattoo, you can't donate blood in the twelve months after you have it.
Speaker 2: Two four months, oh fave months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I can't because of my heart thing because I collapse. But if you can, it is a great thing to be able to do. Plus lifeblood also collects donated breast milk. What made me think of this as my girlfriend with literally entire freezer full of breast milk because she's just been pumping, pumping away. You can only keep that for three months, So if it's about to go off and you're not gonna use it, please donate it. Because a high amount of mothers with premi babies actually need that feeding support because they've babies need to gain weight as quick as possible and the antibodies and their own supply hasn't been established yet.
Speaker 1: So the other really cool thing about donating blood, Charlie's been a regular blood donated. Oh that's so good. When it was eighteen, So he goes all the time. He also donates plasma because he's just like a crazy person. It's so good, it's so good.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm going to get free stuff as well. You get like a milkshake and cookies and stuff.
Speaker 1: You have some frogs. But he will often get a text message and saying like hey, your blood save the life of XYZ person. They don't give too many details. Of course, that's so nice, Q nice. It's like a nice little thing. I think a remind encouragement for people, like, hey, what you're doing is in vein like it's actually making real.
Speaker 2: Because it is. I looked at that bag of blood going into me. It's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: So I just thought that's a recommendation slash reminder. But thank you so much for joining us today. And we'll be back in your ears in a couple of weeks with a phenomenal season five.
Speaker 1: We've got some excellent topics coming up. We're really closing out the ears with a bang, so make sure you get excited for that. This episode, though it was produced by us he Resells and Kelly mccaren, with audio production by Madeline Joanna, the lovely Madeline Joanna who she hears a lot.
Speaker 2: She tells that poor or last, poor, last, Bye Bye,