Speaker 1: From Mamma Mia.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Spill, your daily pop culture fix.
Speaker 1: I'm m Vernon and I'm Free Player.
Speaker 2: And on the show today, we are talking about a potential feud between two artists. I feel like feud is a very very strong word, but we're going to get into it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's like I think that is thrown around a lot with these two. I don't know how true.
Speaker 2: It is a little dissect And we are also talking about a brand new movie trope that has been on the rise, especially this year. It's a character that we are also going to dissect and see whether or not it's good for women.
Speaker 1: Much to discuss.
Speaker 2: There much to discuss. But first I brought something to the table. So yesterday Mirandica. You might have heard of her, uh huh. She went on Christian Cavalari's podcast Let's Be Honest, and she was talking about what she eats in a day.
Speaker 1: Oh, you really have brought something to the table.
Speaker 2: You literally, I brought her food to the table on a plate. When I made that intro, I was like, this is not going to sound interesting to anyone, So why did I find this so interesting? So I watched the full video and then when it ended, I couldn't stop thinking about it because the day and our plate is so wild to me. I need to discuss it. I was going to play the video, but I decided to do a dramatic reading.
Speaker 1: Oh what a traite because I've seen the video and like that is out there, you can all see it. Yeah, but what a treat to get a dramatic reading. But I've got a.
Speaker 2: Better version for you right here. Okay. It starts off and like, I love the way they form this social because it is a social clip from the Bigger Podcast interview that's on Kristen's Instagram, and they really get us in with the hook. It starts with Miranda going I don't do eggs, and then Kristin's like, oh my god, and Miranda's like, I do do protein. Forgetting that eggs are in protein, she says I eat meat like venison by sin and lamb thoughts on those meat, Yeah, I don't Okay, can we get those meats in Australia?
Speaker 1: Definitely venison, Like I've seen it on menus, I've been served it at events and.
Speaker 2: Like come around a curve you well, Yeah, when I used to have to go to a lot of like foody.
Speaker 1: Events back in my magazine days, and they would assume then that you'd be adventurous with food, which I'm not.
Speaker 2: So have you tried it? No?
Speaker 1: No, Lamb love lamb?
Speaker 2: Yeah, love lamb.
Speaker 1: And that's so Aussie of her. To wrap the lamb bison, I had to remind myself.
Speaker 2: What I kind of saw your computer morning and.
Speaker 1: What is adas? Because I was like, I mean, like straight up principle, like no, I'm not eating by some But then I was like, why what is it I should know? And I was like and it was like from the bovine category, but wild ox apparently, Like no, I wouldn't eat those thass And it gave me the creeps, like what is she eating?
Speaker 2: Well, she said that she doesn't do any mass produced meat, so I don't think she is at.
Speaker 1: The moment like that. You know, she obviously doesn't want the like the nasties.
Speaker 2: Meats fair parasite, especially if you can afford it, like you know, to eat that way it's imported, Well, she'd have to.
Speaker 1: There's no good lamb in America.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Whenever you go to a restaurant America and you order lamb off the menu. It always says, like Australian and then they jack the price up.
Speaker 2: Wow. Interesting, Okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: Can she's getting get imported. I don't know where the bisons come from she has by far. Yeah, maybe maybe there's money and that ends up.
Speaker 2: Being mass produced.
Speaker 1: True, that's sustainable. That's a that's a discussion for a different day. Okay. One thing I will say is when she said I don't eat eggs and then was like, I do eat protein. My first reading it, and I'm going to be like, to be fair to Miranda, my first reading was like, girl, eggs are protein. But I think on reflection, what she was saying was like I don't need eggs. But then she's like, oh but wait, like I do eat I do eat protein.
Speaker 2: That's a generous read on it.
Speaker 1: I like, maybe it is. It might be a bit generous, but I think you, like, she's always been very interested in health, so we.
Speaker 2: All know that we need to be eating more protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get flogged.
Speaker 2: Everything's protein.
Speaker 1: I've banned it. I'm going to like make that a bandword on my social media because it's just it drives me nuts.
Speaker 2: I was sorry, this is so unrelated, but I was at the store the other day because I really wanted a chocolate moose. All protein mooses. I don't want protein in my moose. I just want chocolate.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I find the word like on packaging when it says like added protein, I find it really off putting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gross. Yeah, it sounds like it's something that shouldn't be there.
Speaker 1: I think too. But anyway, I do think Miranda's always been very health conscious and very into like wellness and that kind of thing. Remember her whole nony Juice saga? Yes, who could forget? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I still do you think she's still on that?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it was kind of her brand for a while. Well, she didn't mention nony Juice in this No, she didn't. Should I continue? Yeah, Pa, Kristin asked a very important questions. She says, so you're not doing sushi, and Miranda says, oh, never, parasites and chrius. It's like, yeah, parasites, I know, I don't know. And then Miranda goes, I do like Cavia, and Kristen goes me too, I like Cavia. And then Miranda says, but that's fine because there's no parasites in Cavia. So we're good on Cavia, We're good on Cavea. So she want eat chicken, eggs, ch leatfish ecks, yes, exactly, which she likes. And she says there's no parasites in that, and I feel like we should believe her. She says, personally, I don't do dairy or meat, and then Kristin, oh wait, I personally, I don't do dairy or wheat.
Speaker 1: Oh wheat?
Speaker 2: Sorry, are we established? And then Kristen says, but will you eat sour dough? And then Miranda's like, no, I won't do sour dough, and christ It's like, do you do rice? Do you do any carbs? And the Miranda says, I eat a lot of squash and carrots and parsnips, And I'm like, are those carbs? I didn't know that. I think, yeah, squash and wait, squashed carrot, Yeah, yeah, there are there is a carb content. Okay, you know the vegetables, because potatoes are vegetab. I don't think she would do potatoes.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't think she touched a potato since like year six.
Speaker 2: And then she says, I don't eat kale, which is what I thought all the Hollywood ela eat is like kale salad. Does she explain why she doesn't eat kale? Well, no, I assused, and shock. I assumed it's also about the parasites. I think Kristen was shocked, but she didn't want to come across a shop. That's where she asked, do you eat spinach? And Miranda was like mm mmmm. And then Kristin's like, oh, you're super healthy, and Miranda's like mm hmm. And that's how it ends. So a little day on the plate. I feel like we should try this diet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, where are you going to get bison from?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll have to call her people and go to your like, go to your local butcher and.
Speaker 1: Say I have I'm making Speti bolognas Germany bison mints.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't. I can't with them eating the bison but not eating spinach or kale.
Speaker 1: It sounds like super restrictive as well, because like I could if I had to do that down a plate, right, I'd have to eliminate the stuff I would refuse to eat, so then I'd be left with lamb and the vegetables. She mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if I.
Speaker 1: Hate that every day forever.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is such a weird thing to put out there.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: I think it's feels it feels very elitist, like I thought when I was watching it it was satire and.
Speaker 1: Not with Miranda.
Speaker 2: I think she's been very serious, but you have very serious little looks into like billionaire's life, like you're just living in like a totally different universe to the rest of the house.
Speaker 1: Do you know what my read on it ultimately was Kristin love sushi.
Speaker 2: Krystal love sushi and sour dough and.
Speaker 1: Like, girl, eat your sushi. Eat.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she had like a loaf of soado to gift her and then she's like, oh god.
Speaker 1: That means if Miranda was gifted Taylor sourdo she wouldn't eat it.
Speaker 2: Surely she would.
Speaker 1: You'd have to, You have to, you gotta eat. Okay, So you mentioned a potential like music feud. There are a lot of music feuds, supposedly, and the good thing about a music feud is you get lyrics that can swipe back and forth. You know, we had like Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina carp and you know, then there was Like one of my favorites was when Camilla Bell dated Joe Jonas and Taylor got upset about it and wrote better than Revenge.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then she had to change the lips because they were too me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the fans like the ot.
Speaker 2: I love the Oden.
Speaker 1: It works much better.
Speaker 2: This is why rap is actually my favorite genre of music. Yeah, because like you just get the best music over disc tracks like Kendrick Lemian Drake, Oh my god, the best music ever.
Speaker 1: So there's a new one brewing and The Guardian who got an early listen of Febe Bridges. Now, are you familiar with Phoebe Bridges.
Speaker 2: I love Phoebe Bridges. I've seen her live at a music festival and she was very very talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredibly talented. So she's part of boy Genius but also a successful solo artist, full time Grammy winner by the way, guys, so like, yeah, incredible artist. So she has her new album coming out called Last Weekend that drops on August fourteen. But Guardian and like other music journalists around the world, get an early listen.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of like how we get screen as for movies.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and I often get like I do a lot of music writing, so I forget early haven't this one yet, but now I'm like chomping at the bit to hear it. So Guardian did a review on it, gave it a great review, and they printed some lyrics that seemingly take a swipe at Gracie Abrams.
Speaker 2: Crazy Abram, who I also love yeah, and also saw Life also love also saw Live exactly, So do you know the connection there? I do, And I am obsessed with Paul Mescal. We talk about him in great length on this podcast, but I'm not like fully across the intricacies of his relationships because he's always been quite private. But I knew around the normal people time he was dating Phoebe Bridges, Yeah, and then that photo at the met Gala went viral where he's posing with her, but like a zoomed out version of the photo shows he's staring at Daisy Edgar Jones. They were engaged, and I think they broke up, and then he started dating Grazy Yeah, and Daisy's always just in the realm of the.
Speaker 1: Daisy's just there as friends.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: I think that the like the true love of his life or just like the fans really wanted or maybe he really wanted a date. Look, that's that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's only obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to read you these lyrics, okkay. So this is on the song called the Governor's Waltz, and on the track, Phoebe sings, she can pretend to be me since she took my place in my bed on that stage.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So this is, like I would say, pretty pointedly for people who understand all the law behind this about Gracie. I don't think that there's like much room for error here that it could be about someone else.
Speaker 2: Until she took my place on that bed on that stage.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go through a bit of a timeline here for you. Yeah, as you know, Paul and Phoebe were together quite a long time, engaged all that business. They broke up apparently in December twenty twenty two, but there was an overlap there with like Phoebe's now with Bo Burnham has been apparently since December twenty twenty two. Whether or not one ended before the other one started, I don't know. And also, as we know, with a lot of celebrity relationships, they can often break up before we find out about.
Speaker 2: It wasn't weren't they outed by? It was a Keith Urban.
Speaker 1: So this is amazing. Yes, so there was just no no at Taylor's. Everything always comes back to Taylor Swift, and it does in this case too. I'll explain why.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yes, Keith Urban filmed in the Era's tent at the Philadelphia show. He was there with Nicole.
Speaker 2: It's like the Celebrity Test, the celebrity t people that Taylor Swift invites to come watch her exactly.
Speaker 1: So Nicole and Keith longtime friends of Taylor's. Taylor has had Keith on a song. They are partying, having the night of their lives and Eras He's like, whoo host this story being like best time ever, thank you for having as Taylor having the best time. And of course in the back fans all noticed straightaway Phoebe and Bo Burnham snogging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Just went everywhere. Keith has been asked about it, I think on Entertainment Tonight and was like, yikes, Like sorry, sorry, Phoebe, I did expose you. I didn't realize sos so like that's the thing. What happened in the Eras tent is meant to stay in the eras tent, but it didn't that night.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it got the key grand shots with Travis exactly.
Speaker 1: So whether or not there was crossover, who knows. Right. What there was definitely no crossover with was Gracie and Paul. Right, So Gracie and Paul were first seen together in June twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's quiel.
Speaker 1: After quite a bit later they were out having dinner in London and that sparked dating rumors. There's probably every chance again, everything comes back to Taylor that Gracie met Paul through Taylor. Yes, because Gracie is a good friend of Taylor's. Phoebe is a good friend of Taylor's.
Speaker 2: And they both were like supporting acts for her ears.
Speaker 1: So both were supporting acts on her Ears tour and both have also featured on songs with Taylor as well. And they are all still friends with Taylor and were all at her wedding. Yeah, so they're like, this is all still happening. Now. There's this weird thing about bed sheets, Yes, have you like? The bed sheets thing is super weird And I wasn't leaving like i'd kind of vaguely seen something about it and was like, who cares about that? But I got into it today.
Speaker 2: Obviously the only thing that I can think about the bed on the stage. And I might be reading into this, but because I went to Gracie Abram's concert in Sydney, there's a whole part of her performance. I think it's like halfway through a concert where the set design changes and she's back in her bedroom and she brings out a bed on stage and she's like on this little piano in front of her bed, and it's set up in like her old bedroom because she wants to take the audience back to COVID days where she was performing in her bedroom on her bed on zoom calls and she was just like singing to fans on zoom calls, and she like has that part of her performance where she's literally on a bed on a stage.
Speaker 1: So Phoebe had these bed sheets that featured on her Instagram a lot that were like glow in the dark, like space themed bed sheets. Yeah, then Gracie also had them and they were the same exact same, like niche glow in the Dark bed sheets.
Speaker 2: That wait, did Paul take the bed sheets in the relationship You.
Speaker 1: Know because it was all before, like it was all in COVID years. But Gracie has always like maintained right from the start pre Paul, before she probably even ever met him, that she loved Phoebe Bridges was a huge fan. So whether she saw the bed sheets on Phoebe's Instagram, was like, I need these bed sheets. They they look cool, like they are glowing the dark space theme. Sure, what's not to love, especially when you're all trapped at home. So she got the bed sheets as well and then like posted herself on her Instagram wrapped in the bed sheets, and then there was like the whole bed thing on the stage. So this line, all of a sudden sounds pretty pointed because it was, as I said before, she can pretend to be me since she took my place in my bed on that stage. Yeah, so there's like the bed sheets, there's the X, and we also know we're on the stage.
Speaker 2: Gracie's new album, it was quite highly criticized because of the whole can great artists write great songs after they're in a happy relationship? And there were I know one song for you, I'm not sure there was more that she co wrote with Paul Mescal. Yeah, so he's also been like really involved in her like music process, which I think adds on to like the harshness of those harsh critiques of being like, I don't like a lot of people said that it wasn't a good album, it wasn't a normal Gracie Abrams album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did actually feel like I don't love it as much as her earlier album. I also I love a heartbreak album. Yeah, I too, absolutely love it. And so Phoebe's like obviously mind through this kind of content for this new album, And I think what's really interesting here is that it's going to spark like so much conversation about whether or not there is a feud between these two. My take on that is like probably not right, but that it would obviously have been something that was interesting to Phoebe to happen. She moved on before he did, and she moved on with Bo long before Paul and Gracie got together. Yeah, so it's not like Gracie stole her guy, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think like sometimes when you're like trying to write these songs and you're sitting there in the writer's room and you're thinking about like you know, all the different kind of things in your past that you're pulling stuff from that this is just something that's kind of like come to her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like one of her sliding door moments. Yeah, and I feel like that is always the best place to write from from an artist. So I think exactly what you said. I don't think it's a feud, but I also think Phoebe Bridges knows how to write a good song and knows what will get her good reviews.
Speaker 1: And also what people will talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true, you know.
Speaker 1: And you wonder how much has done because it does generate conversation as well. And of course it's like the first thing Guardian pulled out when they were writing about this album.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I wonder if Paul's right now in his group chat with Joe Alwin in the Tortured Man's group chat, going oh my god, guys, it's happening again.
Speaker 1: It's happening again. Well, that Tortured Man's group chat is him, and Andrew Scott Joe. But then paulan Andrew were like, oh, we never write in it. I actually think that Joe's left out in the cold in that chat.
Speaker 2: Joe's just writing by himself in that chat and no one's replying to him.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I most want to know? Does Gracie still have the bed sheets? And has Paul experienced both sets of shirt? Yeah? Because that would be so weird. That's such a nache thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like the minute she would have started dating Paul, she would have been like, this is too weird and it's too much. It's already in my show, Like I've already made a big thing about beds. I can't be doing this.
Speaker 1: You know, Gracie back in the day actually opened for Phoebe as well. Really, so they've like kind of had this Like.
Speaker 2: Is that how she would have met Paul?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Oh my god, did we just uncover something?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: No, Maybe I just remember those first paparazzi shots of Paul and Gracie at dinner and he's like holding her face and he's like they're just like having this really intense conversation. And then when that big profile Invanity Fair came out about him, you can tell he's just such an emotionally intense person that like I can only see him dating artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like quite torture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that like to have long, in depth conversations actually sounds a bit exhausting. Oh my god, so exhausting. But I'm glad they're not feuding. I'm glad they're just both.
Speaker 1: I don't think they are really good writers.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see. I'm excited to hear the whole album.
Speaker 1: When we hear the whole album, which again August fourteen, Lost Weekend, we will be able to uncover more and see if there's anything else in there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be studying it.
Speaker 1: I love this and Paul, for that matter, Paul.
Speaker 2: Cosmopolitan did a piece that was titled the Useless Movie Boyfriend Era is upon us. So it's a realization that this year we've had so many films come out with the male character that is kind of just there and is essentially useless. So there's kind of two iterations of this, right, there's the character that really doesn't provide anything for the storyline at all, so he's like, the whole point of his purpose is quite useless. He was just there.
Speaker 1: He's just like a prop man.
Speaker 2: Exactly. And then there's this male trope where he is kind of valuable to the storyline. And the whole overarching theme of the movie. But his character, in its full essence is just a useless boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So some of the examples this article listed is there were Worst Proud of Too, Obsession and the drama. So I also wanted to add one to this, which they didn't really mention because I think it came out before the movie came out. But have you watched the Invite? Yes, Edward Norton's character, I feel like he would be labeled as a useless boyfriend. So the article asked the question, has the useless movie boyfriend replaced the wet blanket wife?
Speaker 1: Wear blanket? Okay, useless movie boyfriend already sounds sexier than wet blanket wife. I don't like that phrase.
Speaker 2: We blanket is a bad It is bad.
Speaker 1: Why can't it be wet blanket boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Oh, it should be wet blanket boy don't you think? Yeah? But I also feel like with the wet blanket wife. Whenever I think of the wet blanket wife trope.
Speaker 1: Who do you think of with that? Like, who's a good example, because I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 2: Some I think of, like action movies that have a leading man and then you just like meet their girlfriend or meet their wife, or is like I have to get back to the like wife and kids, and you like like him even more because he's a family man and he has some other purpose rather than like killing the villain. Right, So it's like I don't really see them as like a person or a character, but they're just there, yeah, in the storyline. So I do find the wet blanket wife, even though I hate that term and it's a trope that I don't think should exist. I feel like they do provide new ones to the male character, whereas the useless movie boyfriend I feel like is absolutely not needed. And this article argues whether it's good that we have the useless boyfriend because it is replacing the wet blanket But I also think we just don't need him at all.
Speaker 1: You don't think we need the useless way at all.
Speaker 2: And I mean, like with the examples I gave, like I love Patrick Brammle, we all do here at Malai, We're obsessed with him. His character was not needed the devil as prior.
Speaker 1: To to I agree, and I have a couple of things to say about that. Okay, Firstly, like we know that scenes were cut. We saw scenes that were filmed in those pop shots that were great, and we had him on no filter at the time when the movie came out, and Kate did pointedly say to him, like where was the sex? Patrick, like why was there no romance? Like you like you didn't even get to have that side of the relationship, And he said, all those scenes were cut. They did film it, and then I guess for time or whatever gone.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what we were left with was like absolutely such a useless boyfriend. But I also felt like the movie was totally unnecessary. So sure, sure, it's like they were trying to fit so many like little good things about Andy's character her into one and they should have just leaned really into the career or leaned really into the lifestyle, and they tried to like chop and do both of them they Frank and Stein exactly. They also gave the example of a lot of romance films that have come out this year, like You, Me and Tuscany and the people would meet on vacations, And this is a trope that has always existed, but I feel like has come more into the light this year because we've had a lot of leading female movies this year, and there's the idea where to find your love in these romantic comedies is that they the woman always has to already have an existing boyfriend. That is kind of a wet blanket. So it's kind of like, why can't she just be single? Like why does she always need to realize that she's in such a bad relationship to find a better relationship? And I was thinking about that, and it's because we still aren't in a place where we can have single female characters without that being the main topic of conversation. We're told it always leaves audiences satisfied when that isn't explained, like why that woman is single? Where's in the other direction, we have a Brad Pitt or a Matt Damon or a George Clooney, and we don't care whether they're in a relationship or not. Like their characters can just exist for the purpose of the storyline. We don't need to know their backstory. Yes, so I feel like the useless movie boyfriend is there because we need an explanation for why these women are either single or in a relationship.
Speaker 1: What about like in the situation where like with Patrick brammle like she was single. Yeah, and then he comes in and he is just the useless movie boyfriend. So I was like, Okay, he's kind of the Ken, right, He's just can't He's just ken. And that's what we got from Barbie was the idea of like, these guys are kind of useless, the girls don't need them. Yeah, and I think, Okay, when I read this article on Cosmo, I was like, is this a new thing? Because I thought I'm going to look back and see some of my favorite movies from the past, Yes, and favorite rom coms from back in the day.
Speaker 2: Did you find some more useless boyfriends? Well?
Speaker 1: I kind of was like, you know who was really useless? William Thacker in notting Hill.
Speaker 2: He was really useful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wasn't he so so useless? Lovely, but just like like you didn't need, Like he didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't need He ran that travel bookshop that sold no books.
Speaker 1: He lived with his no hoper flat mate who was hilarious, and then he got to date the world's biggest, biggest movie star and have her fall in love with him and it was just because he was nice, right, Yeah, And she'd had a dickhead boyfriend before that with Alec Baldwin. Yeah, and then I was like, wait, Hugh Grant was kind of useless in Four Weddings and a Funeral too.
Speaker 2: Hugh Grant not coming across that, because all he ever.
Speaker 1: Did was just like be late to weddings. And then I was like, wait, is is Hugh Grant the og useless boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Grant is the og? Oh my god, Brigard Jones Diaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a bit of a villain in that. Yeah, So like they twit that and like, I guess a little bit two weeks notice they kind of gave him a little bit more spark that you're writing was uselesses Mo than too.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was the one who found it first, and now we've all found out his secret. Oh my god, he's like, leave me alone. I love playing the original even in Love Actually his prime Mini, he is so useless and he's pretty damn useless. Yeah, I mean, great dance moves.
Speaker 1: Great dance moves, and he does make that one great speech when he stands up to Billy Bob Thornton, who's the US President, But for the rest of the movie, he's pretty damn useless.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Hugh, Oh my God, I love that you in front of this.
Speaker 1: Might be the original prototype of the useless boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'm so sorry, Hugh Grant, but this trope, I'm like, Yes, they can be funny to just have there in the background, but I feel like they shouldn't be used as a reason to like make the perfect leading woman.
Speaker 1: She doesn't need.
Speaker 2: I agree, boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I also don't want to see that in my rom coms or in any kind of film anyway.
Speaker 2: Could have been the first one that did it. She could have just stayed single and everyone would have been like, we don't need No one's going to be like, but is she happy because she doesn't have.
Speaker 1: A boy No one's going to be like that. I feel like for me as well, like seeing a useless boyfriend, I'm like, I've I've lived that.
Speaker 2: We all know first hand experience of what when I watch a.
Speaker 1: Rom call or I go to the cinema and I want to escape. But I don't want to see another useless boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be on a screen. We don't need to be doing that.
Speaker 1: I want to dream, I want to escape.
Speaker 2: I won't believe there's something give us a single woman.
Speaker 1: Or give us a useful boyfriend, give us a capable boyfriend. Someone can do taxes, maybe, oh the dream, I haven't done mine for two years.
Speaker 2: That's all we want. Play Seople creatures.
Speaker 1: We really are. Thank you so much for listening to the Spill today.
Speaker 2: If you love the Spill and you want to support our show, make sure you're following wherever you get your podcast. We'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning with Weekend Watch. Bye b