Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 2: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast. MoMA Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hello and Welcome to canceled the podcast that looks at silly celebrity crimes and assigns charges and sentences to them so we can all move on with our lives. I'm Claire Stephens, and I'm Jesse Stevens. Jesse, do you have a lazy girl storry? I do? It is from Jen. Jen says I have a washing basket full of my good dresses. Immediately know what you mean that. I decided about a month ago needed a wash, and my husband keeps reminding me that they are there. I've been putting it off because dresses like that need to be put through a delicate cycle, and then once they are dry, they are all crinkled and I would need to iron them. I decided today was the day to deal with them. I'm like, hang on, this stuffn't sound very lazy.
Speaker 3: Jen.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well, instead of washing them, I simply hung them back up in my wardrobe and closed the door. She's a lazy girl problem solved. What I will also say, I have a pile of dresses that I'm like, these I'll take to a tailor. Do you know a tailor. I'll get them taken up because everything's a bit too long on me. You've never met a tailor. It's been a decade. I actually did go to a taylor recently. I had someone else organize it for me, cheap, quick, easy. It was a house on my street and I walked in. I was like, surely not, I swear. I was like fifteen dollars. It's like, people shouldn't get things tailored. This is ridiculous. This is the same with my whites, because I've been burned with my whites. So I've got a few things that I put in the sink. I don't have a laundry of a cupboard that claims to be a laundry, but I put them there, and I'm like, don't go in with the other things. You stay right there. And then and then months past, and I don't wear white. Yeah, because they also eight it's fine, it's not summer. It's not the season.
Speaker 1: You are about to enter the canceled courtroom.
Speaker 2: The defendants are celebrities, the chargers are petty. The rulings are final, Jesse. Today we're talking about Katie Perry.
Speaker 3: So excited, Ky, welcome to Candy fourn Yes, hope, this is an annoying you are quite Candy.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out Weg.
Speaker 4: Did you just say wegg?
Speaker 2: Yes, I know Wegg.
Speaker 4: I feel that already.
Speaker 3: No, it's not your language, it's just for us. I love you.
Speaker 2: Catherine Elizabeth Hudson is an American singer. So she's Kate Hudson. Yes, she's Kate Hudson. Yeah, oh wow. Perry is her mum's maiden name love, but it becomes clear why she changed her name. She's American singer, songwriter, and television personality best known for songs like I Kissed a Girl's Hot and Cold Firework Raw. So I never go to concerts of bench Cocatie peric I was gonna say, how was that? I really enjoyed it. I love the song raw, I'll get emotional. That's not the one about the plastic bag floating through the wind. That's firework. I think.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel like the plastic bay drifting through the wind wanting to start again?
Speaker 2: I like that. Firework gets me. Yeah. It was a good era, Oh there was, and it ended yes, Rory, my partner really likes the birthday one. Yeah, it's good for birthday. It's great for birthdays. Is actually I would say my favorite non happy birthday birthday songs. I don't like happy birthday, so I quite like just an alternative. Yeah. She's one of the best selling artists of all time, which I feel like everyone is. Yeah, I have questions and she's also She's also released an autobiographical documentary called Katy Perry Part of Me twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: The atmosphere I grew up in was, you know, completely one Christian.
Speaker 2: King got her first guitar through the church. I just sum started to play the guitar. I'm a little amate sheriff. There's a music show. It's all on my hand, it's in my heart actually, yep. And it focused on her breakup from Mussel Brand. There is anything you would like to know about that? Yeah, I have it on hand. There's simply nothing more heartbreaking than Katy Perry backstage, being dumped from her marriage by text and having to perform. Yeah, we've all been there emotionally, not really. Her debut album was actually contemporary Christian record called Katie Hudson, released when she was sixteen. I've got in my notes Christian music actually slaps. Sometimes it does. We were at a church recently that was clapping. It was acoustic. Yeah, people got really into it. Sometimes it's really good. But you know that, like it's quite loaded the lyrics, and also you singing it or listening to it in your house says a lot about you, which is fine. But I'm actually I'm all for it. It didn't sell very well because I guess it is. I was gonna say Nation in America, you'd think she was sixteen. No one knew her. Yeah, I thought Kate Hudson did Christian rock. It would have been confused. Yeah. But then she transitioned from gospel music to secular music, and in her mid twenties released her album One of the Boys, which shot her to international That was I Kissed a Girl. We should also state she is close associates many friends of the canceled court Room, including, as we've stated, her first husband, Russell Brand, her current fiance, and the father of her Orlando, who obviously used to be married to another friend of the cancel court room, Miranda cour I have it on relatively good authority. I think I read it once that Katie and Miranda are on fine terms because of course they have Finn. Miranda and Orlando have Finn, and I imagine Katie's on good terms with Finn. Finn is a child. Now I've heard that they're friends. Jesse. My structure for today is as follows, I kissed a girl cultural appropriation, an awkward Instagram post, the time she filmed herself for seventy two hours, trying to feud with Taylor Swift, and a battle with nuns. This could have been a two part I went there's a lot I've left out my goodness, Okay, all right, I went really deep. I kissed a girl was my way I planned. This song was huge in two thousand and eight. Huge. It was fun, it was it was pre same sex marriage legislation. She was before her time. Well, in hindsight, slightly problematic, despite being about kissing a girl, which it is hard to believe was far more radical to sing about then than it is now. It's literally about kissing a girl for fun, rather than because you, for example, maybe sexually attracted to girls. Yeah right, I've never properly listened to the lyrics. Yeah, I think about it. The chorus is it was a banger Rhythmically, Yes, the chorus is I kissed a girl and I liked it the taste of her cherry chapstick. I kissed a girl just to try it. I hope my boyfriend don't mind it very much in the context of I'm kissing a girl for the titillation of my boyfriend, right, or I'm exploring. I'm exploring and I hope my boyfriend don't mind because I have committed an active infidelity. Yes, that's one way to look at it. Kissing a girl. It was very much like it's a wild thing to do at a party, not something you do because you were for example, saying sex attracted, which is also another lyric, is ain't no big deal. It's innocent, so don't worry. I'm not gay or anything. Yeah, right, okay, I can hear I'm just kissing a girl because it's sexy for the male gays. What we've got is that five minutes ago, Catherine Hudson was Christian Rock exactly like she was. I think that what we're watching is a bit of a transformation. I also think two thousand and eight doesn't feel like it very long time ago. Very different context and even this was new and edgy. Yeah, other lyrics it felt so wrong, it felt so right, and it's not what good girls do, not how they should behave. That's a Christian rock coming out. Yeah yeah, sometimes you Christian rock spills out of your pop music. Yea, Now I Kissed a Girl Actually quite mild compared to another song from that same album titled You're So Gay, Oh You're so gay and joy like boy. The lyrics are you're so gay and you don't even like boys? Right, and it's about a guy. So remember when gay was used in that really problematic way ten to fifteen to twenty years ago. Yep, yep, it's literally a song about that, using that as a slur, really as a slur, and I can't even remember what it really meant and pathetic. Yeah, it was kind of a weird, interchangeable. Oh, it was incredibly homophobic, and the entire song is like, you're so gay and you don't even like boys. At the end the lyrics are, no, you don't even like No, you don't even like Penis Katie. It's really bad Lyricsy she wrote this song, she go write in credit Katie again again again, it's like Christian rock, do you want to write pop? And she's like, I think I'll write about the homosexuals. And it's like, maybe you don't. Maybe you don't, maybe you don't write don't. Katie has admitted when she was challenged about Our Kisser Girl that she would probably make an edit of the track now. She told Glamar, we've come a long way. Bisexuality wasn't has talked about back then, or any type of fluidity. Okay, so she seems more aware and honestly, something that we're about to get into is the fact that Katie Perry timed her career badly in that she did all the dumb shit people were doing in the early two thousands and then also existed at the time where everyone realized how dumb it was. Oh no, yeah, so whereas other people missed that part where everybody was just saying and doing really stupid thing. Yeah. Right, So if you're a Billie Eilish, for example, then you kind of you miss yeah, unless her time is coming. Yeah. Cultural appropriation. What everyone who was around in this era is guilty of this crime exactly from Ariana Grande, who else have we done? Who's guilty of oh every cut ash in Yeah, Miranda Kurt Yeah yeah. If you were famous at this time, a makeup artist was like, let's change your raise. Yeah no, no, America's next time model. Oh my god remember that? Yees, it was of its time. Yeah. Here are just a few examples, Jesse, tell me what you see, all right. So first image, we've got Cornrows. Great, yep, that is twenty thirteen. That's bad. Oh, second one, I could have told you this was going to happen. It is a geisha and she's got an umbrella and she is in the traditional Japanese like cultural dress. And that was at the AMA's Yep. The one above was actually twenty fourteen. That one's twenty thirteen. What's the next one? The next one is Cornrows twenty seventeen on Instagram, where I think people were like corn Rows and they would post Instagram and everyone's like no, no, no, no, just no, that's not actually no. Also, in her song this is how we do.
Speaker 3: This, we do.
Speaker 2: That, which is a terrible song, and I remember thinking at the time, this is bad. I it was like, if it's old, I wouldn't go this is bad. But I also wouldn't bop along, but I did be fine. Okay, she sings. Now we talk in astrology getting our nails down all Japanese in brackets. This is how we do. Hey is getting your nails done Japanese?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Guy, clearly just rhymed. But it didn't. Astrology in Japanese. Also, Japanese isn't a word. No, it's not. And clearly in the film clips, you're like in a nail salon. I'm like, you're trying to say that people of Asian descent working like and they're like, well it worked when Gwen Stefani did hero Juku Girl, I did it because everyone's upset. It wasn't. Okay. Now the culture has shifted. Katie's in a weird place, and this is what happens. She clearly felt weird about a number of things she had done. Yeah, you just want to raise a few years, Yeah, photos get it, I get it. I'd like to raise two thousand and eight. Yeah. So she tried to make her music political, Yep, great, great. I just remember Pink did Dear Mister President like it was honestly, that was great. President, Come check a walk with me. I like that song. Yeah, Pink nailed it. Yeah, other people not so much. Oh No. Her Twitter bio read artist activist conscious Jesse. I don't think anyone needs to sign both that they're conscious, we assumed. And then when she goes to sleep, does she update it unconscious? And then she wakes up again? Are you conscious? Again? She decided she was doing purposeful pop and everyone one wants purposeful pop. No one wants that. And everyone was like, hmm, but what about jestures broadly and everything you've ever done? And she's like, things are different now. An awkward Instagram post in this era of trying to be very woke. Yeah, she posted this, Jesse. I want you to read the caption that she's posted on Instagram and then describe what you see. Okay, So this is the post she's written May two, twenty seventeen. All the news that's fit to print. And she's taken a photo of the New York Times. She's very clever reading the New York Times. And it is an image of someone it looks like the mcgala. So it's her at the macgala. Yep. But you want to just cast your eyes upwards. There is a man on fire, there's a man on fire. What what is she saying? Is she kind of hang on? Is she suggesting how ridiculous that I would be on the front page when there's old news of this gravity going on at the same time. Because that's a really good point. Okay, that's a generous reading, right, because the captain says all the news that's fit to print with a little pointy finger and a love heart, love heart New York Times, right, okay, And that cover shows an image of a French policeman who had been set on fire during recent protests in Paris. Now, some people said she was making the point that her dress shouldn't be on that front page it has more newsworthy stories. But if that's true, she didn't express it very eloquently. She's too ambiguous, because what it looks like is you got the two big news stories right today, yeah, Or that she's gone all the news that fit to print and hears me at the met Gala and just focused on that and hasn't really noticed that there is some serious news on that page. Oh she didn't get the caption ru Yeah, the comments were pretty brutal and she didn't respond to it. And it's still Okay, so that was weird.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, it's produced to Lissa here jumping in to tell you about the latest Lazy Girl giveaway right now.
Speaker 4: The lazy girls who are too lazy to record this are giving away a brand new Rumba Convo J nine plus, which is not just a vacuum but also a mop by iRobot. As always, all you have to do to go into the running is subscribe to Mama Mia. It's one step, That's literally it. And if you're already a subscriber, congratulations, because guess what, you're already entered, and because we want a lazy girl to win, you can use the code Robot twenty for twenty dollars off. The prize draw is happening on the ninth of July and terms and conditions apply. If you want to know more, there's a link in the show notes back to the show.
Speaker 2: The time she filmed herself for seventy two hours. I need this explained, please. In twenty seventeen, to celebrate the release of her album Witness, Katie Perry installed forty one cameras in an LA apartment and broadcast her life for seventy two hours. This is interesting. This is artistically interesting if I'm thinking about fame and paparazzi and the experience of being surveiled. I don't hate this. I think it was a great boardroom concept. It wasn't the reality. In the stream you see her eating, meditating, and sleeping. Just think it's not particularly interesting to watch someone meditate. That's a very you experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also a flex and playing with her dog, as well as doing a therapy session in her house. It wasn't her house, it was just an apartment. And James Corden comes to visit. Oh, she does cooking with Gordon Ramsey, yoga with Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Oh see watunately, what's happened is you have recorded your life and I think it almost confirms why the perhaps want to watch you. Yes, James Corden came to visit. Yeah, from best.
Speaker 1: To worst in bed. Oh, now rank John Mayer, Diplo and Orlando Bloom, So let's go Diplo, yes, and then Mayor then Bloom, Bloom, then Mayor.
Speaker 2: Oh it's like this is why your life is actually quite interesting. Yes, but then she's talking about astrophysics with Neil deGrasse Hyacinth, and it's like, I don't think that you're usually doing that. There's also a dinner with a bunch of celebrities, including Margaret Cho and Caitlyn Jenna about politics and race relations. Oh no, please stay in your lane. No no, no, no no, this is mortifying, you know that. She was like, I'm recording my life for seventy two hours. It's like when you do a day in the life and you're like, well, I'm not going to do it, you know, on a random Tuesday. I mean do it on the busiest day of this year and make it look like I'm very productive. Yes, and I have a lot of work, and that I always get up early, that I always exercise, and that I always have forty five podcast records so that everyone thinks I'm very efficient. She recorded podcasts, and this is when she apologized for her past cultural appropriation.
Speaker 3: I've made to several mistakes, even in like this is how we do video about how I wore my hair and having a hard conversation with one of my empowered angels clear about what does it mean, why can't I wear my hair that way or what is the history behind wearing the hair that way?
Speaker 2: It was described as a bizarre publicity stunt, and The New Yorker said, every moment of witness worldwide, that's what it was called, felt heavy with promotional intention and low on spontaneity of frankness, which is also what makes the album itself a slog. But she was also praised for opening up about her mental health struggles so publicly. But Jess, would you film yourself for seventy two hours straight? I would? If I could pretend like it was a common occurrence that Neil Degrass Tyson comes over and we talk about astrophysics. What would you throw in there? I would definitely meditate, like if I was being filmed for seventy two hours, the things I would do to make it look like my life was fuller and more worthy than it truly is. I would spend a lot less time on my phone. I would be like, not scrolling TikTok for seventy two hours. Here's a thing that I think about, Katie Perry. You know how we often say, even at work, it's actually a skill to know what's interesting to other people, right, And I am not saying it's a good skill. It means you're a basic bitch. Yeah, I'm a basic bitch for example. Yeah, I would agree with that. In the I do not have sophisticated taste. No, don't think Katie Perry has particularly good instincts about what's interesting to other people. I find it all of this is extremely interesting. But it wasn't like think about it if your Gordon came to be there. Yeah, but like it was boring. And I like the idea that you would pretend like it is a normal Thursday night activity to have people over to talk about race relations. I like that. That's funny. I guess my question is this is twenty seventeen. Why didn't we care? Because did you care? No? I missed it? Yeah, why did we miss it? Because it was boring? I actually think it's because I don't know any of the songs from this album. Yeah, we'll get trying to feud with Taylor Sweet because maybe now.
Speaker 1: We got bad.
Speaker 2: In that seventy two hours she brought up her feud with Taylor Sweet. I don't understand. Sorry, Oh I've got a hole. So with the seventy two hours, where was it being broadcasting every like YouTube live? Yeah? Yep? Did you? I mean not? That was reported she got toilet a lot, she like had a shower, all of that, but like you couldn't see. No, you see her in bed, you see her sleeping, you see like that kind of thing. But you see her like get up in the morning. But no, you don't see her seating on the toilet and do a shit. All right, Cool? Cool, cool. So she talked about her feud with Taylor Swift in a podcast interview from the House, saying, I'm ready to let it go. I forgive her and.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for anything I ever did, and.
Speaker 2: I hope the same from her. Like maybe I don't agree with everything she does, and she doesn't agree with everything I.
Speaker 3: Do, and I love her and I want the best for her.
Speaker 2: But I just really truly want to come together in a place of love and figure. Okay, but what don't you agree with that Taylor did going back in time this feud, Okay, Jesse. They started off very chummy, lots of tweets that are like, you're so sweet, happy birthday, pretty girl. Okay, so American, pretty girl. But then thirteen a dancer does an interview with an Australian publication. I love what Australia inserts itself called The Examiner, and the dancer was Lockhart Brownly, and he said in passing that he and two other dancers had left Taylor Swift's Red Tour to join Perry for her Prism tour. That's what I went to. I think, Okay, yeah, that checks out. Okay, obviously, great tour. Okay, thanks to Lockhart. Lockhart said, obviously, we were with Katie for two and a half years. She's like family to us, so we were like, absolutely, yeah, this is Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: You know, this is Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 5: This is what I've always wanted to dream of.
Speaker 2: We weren't really dancing in Taylor's tour anyway, so I had got a little bored and I really wanted to do a promo tour. Then Taylor Swift releases Bad Blood the following year, twenty fourteen, and she says it's about a female music artist who you won't name, who tried to sabotage her tour by hiring people on her staff. People were like, oh, oh, it's clearly Katie Pearmber Lockhart. Yeah, Katie Perry tweets this watch out for the Regina George in Sheep's clothing Okay. So what we've got is it's clear it's a feud. Yep, there's all this passive aggressive stuff floating around on Twitter. But the problem is Katie clearly has a bit of a dip in her career, and she's like, cool, oh my feud with Taylor Swift. She did Bad Blood all do a dis track? Humming back? Oh and Jesse, I'm going to remind you what her dis track was. Okay. Oh, you look really sad, don't It gives me sad feelings?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because it just wasn't Bad Blood quality wise? Do I know this song? You actually do, but you've forgotten it? Okay? Which is for the best.
Speaker 1: Sish Swishish another one.
Speaker 2: Look, it wasn't quite the same. But what I would like to crossecute is, do you think there is a manner or a woman in the music industry who has a bucket full of disk tracks and you knock on his door or her door. I would like one times distrack. What would you like to include. Well, there's a feud, there's a Twitter incident, there's a career upset. I have just the disc track. It's called Swish Swish, It's called Sish, I promise you it will be big. Did you write bad Blood? No, No, that wasn't me. Yes, it's not good. It's the film and the film Cliff isn't good. And it's weird. It is weird, and it's not really very funny. Well it's weird because I don't get it, like swish swish fish like is that what it's it's not very classy. It's not very classy. And it's also like we said this about dis tracks, fucking get to it. Yeah, get to the point and more say what you mean, more explicit, more explicit about what we're upset about, because swish swish to me, we're suggesting we've got a basketball and now I don't know enough about basketball to follow. Why are we mad at Taylor Swift? Yeah, at Taylor Allison Swift? What has she done to us? Make it clear up, make it clearer. What's happened behind the scenes? How do we feel about such things? Jesse? It got completely panned, and especially in hindsight, people are like, there's bad Blood, it's also kind of Taylor's career, and then there's Swedishi. Oh sishly, she didn't do what she hoped it would know, So Jess. You might be thinking, like, oh, I feel like Katerberry hasn't done a lot music wise recently. She has. In twenty twenty two she did that menu log song menu Log. Oh how it goes? It's like did somebody see? And then she's like, oh and she's really really trying.
Speaker 3: The let you.
Speaker 1: And what must Yeah yeah yeah, when a borrowing delivery.
Speaker 2: Hurry in a hurry, yeah yeah yeah. And she's like, papaa salad while I sing a ballad. You think she wrote that you're better than this. You are better because you didn't Snoop Dogg do uber eats or something. I don't know. They're throwing big dollars. Would you say no, I wouldn't know. I would go menulogue dig dong because I would say this is a brand I believe in. Yeah, exactly right. A battle with nuns. This was me very late last night. There's a pedestrian article titled we really don't talk enough about that time and Nune died in court while fighting Katie Perry I killed and none and I liked it. It's not funny. We don't talk enough about that. That's true. I remember seeing these keywords at the time. But I feel like I never clear you were obsessed with this story, because I at one point you definitely knew all the details of this story. Okay. The first line of that article is does anyone else constantly think about that time? And Nune said Katie Perry, please stop before literally dropping dead in court? And yes, Jesse, yes I do think about that very often. A right, wait, wait, and I forget all the details, and everyone forgets the details. Okay, why was Katy Perry in court? In twenty fifteen? Katie Perry goes to buy a former convent. Okay, it feels a bit strange, it does, given her religious upbringing, and it's like, could we buy something that isn't a convent? Anyway, she strikes a deal with the Catholic archdiocese and she pays fourteen point five million dollars for the former convent, but the nuns are like, no, no, no, we own it as the nuns who live here. So they sell it to someone else, a woman named Dana, for fifteen point five meal. Okay, I know a little bit about how nuns work. I thought nuns took a vow of chastity. I think that's true with sex. No of poverty, of poverty. They take a vow of poverty because nuns, when you go into that nunnery, you're not meant to be making fifteen point five minutes. No, and you're not putting down a deposit. You don't have a mortgage. Why do you not have a mortgage because you're not technically working. You are working, No, they are, God, No, they are working. Yeah, but you're not getting a salary. No, so you can't pay your mortgage. No, okay, who owns it? The pope? Who gets all that money. So Katie is like, it's fine, it's fine. I can fix this. So she goes to the nuns. She shows them her Jesus tattoo. Okay, yep, and she sings, oh, happy day to the nuts. They're not impressed. No, you've underestimated the nuns and in and art, I think that's worth a million bucks. Well, actually I was gonna say that's the difference in it, but really fifteen meal, Well she sings, I think they're pissed at Katy Perry ever since Psychistic Girl. Well that's the thing in an article talking about when Katy Perry came to visit, they were like, well we looked her up. One we looked her up and two this is petty. One of the nuns said she had to google the lyrics to Oh Happy Day. Surely she knew some Christian rock by hour. I know, but I don't know if nuns like Christian rock. Yeah, I think they only like hymns. Oh Happy Day seems even a little bit joyous. Yes, we've just looked up the lyrics to our happy Days. There are no lyrics. It's just that, oh happy Days, Oh happy Day. Oh Like it's quite repetitive. I don't know how you don't know the lyrics to that? What are you checking? Mate? Good one. So they're not impressed with Katy Perry. They're like, like, bitch, this ain't about singing, this about golder cash, this is about care. But hang on, nuns, Knty Perry can't spend fourteen mil on a convent and not get it. Well, how about capitalism work? How about Dana? You can't sell it twice? This is what happens when we're out of the capitalist game for too long. Sell our convent to multiple people and give it to none. Yeah, what are you going to do with all of that money? Then the court is a bora bora. You shouldn't. You shouldn't, you're none. Then the court is like, nah, legit, Nuns, with all due respects, you don't own the property. You didn't does You didn't legally sell it. It's Katie's to buy. The archdiosis thing was legit, but the nuns were still fighting it in court. One nun who was fighting the sale, sister Catherine Rose Holsman, told media to Katy Perry, please stop. It's not doing anyone any good except hurting a lot of people. Just after she said that, she went to court for an appearance related to the k and she collapsed and she died. It's a lot like Katie, Katie Babe, buy another convent, buy another convent. But even in celebrity standards in USD it's a lot of more. Email is a lot of money there. We talked about Sidney Sweeney. Her house is only like four yeah, yeah, but she's Perry forked out for that convent. And you can't then just say we own it because when nuns, I mean, the other solution would be the nuns live alongside you, Perry, and they do attend the race. Relations didn't party and nil Dea grass Tyson comes over and they discuss how the universe was formed. Yeah, I think that would be fun for her. Seventy two hour Last Dreamy. Yeah, Jesse is time for charges and sentences. Jesse my charge. And I want to say this in a really in a nice way. But I went deep and I watched a lot of Katie Perry videos. I listen to a lot of Katie Perry music, and particularly the longer her career goes, huh, the lower the quality. Things aren't good. Every time she releases new music, goes further and further into the abyss all right, and film clips just aren't really good quality, and then not very I don't know. I liked Teenage Dream Yeah, no like. And I'm sure people listening to this will disagree with me, but I just I look at it and I think, lately, Yeah, I go, Katie, you don't believe it. You don't believe it, don't believe in yourself, you don't believe in this music. You know what? She needs to listen to firework, she needs j out and raw. Yes, listen to those and then sit down and try and write. Because for the record, she has created some of the greatest music of this said, I agree, agree genuinely, but lately but I think she actually does feel like a plastic bag floating through the wind trying to starting. Yeah, I genuinely think, yes, I bet she's a firework, but I think at the moment, her heart's not in it and it's coming through. That's okay. Our heart doesn't have to always be in it. No, I don't think she even asked Dorer music anymore. She's fine. She can hang out with Daisy, that's her daughter. Yeah, sentence, Jess. Sometimes when we make mistakes, we just need to go back and correct it. Yeah, all right, we need to go back to swish swish huh, and we need to make a better quality disc track right, and potentially a diss album because what she wanted to do, she wanted to respond to Taylor, and she didn't get her moment. Because I actually think when I look at the whole story, I go, Okay, I might be on your side, but you just didn't follow through the quality of your work. Do you have that you're in an argument or you're in like even an online back and forth, and you go back and you go, that wasn't my best. No, that has more potential. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was full of adrenaline. I panicked. I went for speed the quality. Yeah, that's with my twist fish. No no, no, no, no, no, Katie, take a breath, Take a breath. Take a breath, because, in Katie's defense, I was thinking of it and I was like, it actually would be upsetting if you're Katy Perry and Taylor Swift makes a whole song being mean about you. Katy Perry kept trying to steal her dances? Is that I don't know. I don't know anyway. I just think she needs to go back, give it another cake two, maybe even recruit Tail Swift for some songwriting help.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to write a dischack or go back to the man or woman with the bucket and say a better one. Can I have a little look through? Yeah yeah, Can I see if there's something a bit better than swish swish fish and see if there's something that might be more true to me and my story? Yes, yes, exactly, Jesse. What's your charge, all right? My charge is that I think getting into a legal stout with nuns plural is bad juju. I think you don't want to get god offside, and that's what you've done, because you know who prays a lot, nuns, And yeah, they can pray for what they want, but they can also say Katie, and you don't want God to know that. And I'm worried about their connection with the afterlife, with fate, with sin, with such things. My sentence is, I do think that she owes something to the nuns because she upset them and because they lost one of their own. Would you say fifteen point five mel No, Okay. What I would say is that I feel like those nuns felt displaced and that they liked their convent. Now I don't know about you, but when I imagine convent, sound amusing alive with the sun. I'm the convent i've ever seen, Oh my gosh. Absolutely, and it's like a a castle with like stone. It's got like gates, it's got gates. So I think that living alongside, almost like a commune, with the nuns, and what she owes them is a hymn a day, I think that would be lovely. So she comes in and there's a little church where they do all their praying and stuff. Importantly, him chosen by the nuns, not by you. Katie. Yeah, what's the good hymn? My Jesus my Save Yeah love. There is none that's a good one. I think there's one about is my Shepherd. It's quite deep. I feel like that would suit her. Amazing grace, Oh fabulous. And learn the lyrics, Katie, because they can see when you're checking Google. They don't like it really pulls focus when you're on your phone reading lyrics in church. So learn them. And I feel like this isn't from the goodness of your heart. I just think you don't want to cross nuns. I feel like that's something I didn't feel like I needed to say, but I wouldn't cross them. Jesse. That's all we've got time for today. On cancel if you want receipts for this episode, and we'll put some of Katie stage. We'll put a little bit of the Swish Swish film clip on our Instagram at the Twins underscore thoughts and just all the receipts from this episode. Canceled is produced by Elsa This as with audio editing by Tom Lyon. We will see you next week. Bye bye.