Speaker 1: You're listening to a Muma Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: MoMA Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on lazy Girls. There is still time to enter our biggest Lazy Girl giveaway yet, valued at over nine thousand dollars. We've talked before about the lazy Girl tax. You get tax things like fines, late, physictca. Well, we want to give you nine thousand dollars. Not technically. What we want to give you is a trip for two to Turkey with Explore, where they have organized the whole thing for you. All you have to do to go in the running is subscribe to Mummia. If you are already a subscriber, you've already entered, nothing left to do. If you aren't a subscriber and you want to go in the running for this giveaway and all future Lazy Girl giveaways, you can use the code Lazy Holiday for twenty percent off a yearly mum Maya subscription. The prize draw is on the twentieth of August. Teas and c supply Hello and welcome to Cancel, the podcast that looks at silly celebrity crimes and assigns charges and sentences to them so that we can all move on with our lives. I'm Jesse Stevens and I'm joined by Claire Stephens and Claire. Today we are not talking about a single celebrity. No, no, no, which I mean we always say like this is like we cancel celebrities. I mean, we recently did the Olympics, so we're not very good with our own criteria. But can we have boundaries we just don't operate within. No, we're looking at the greatest love story never told, even though I'd argue that it's been told more than any other love story. Correct, We're talking about a relationship that began with jigglely or gigly and ended maybe with this is me. Now, we are talking about a union that was first established twenty two years ago, before Jojo Siwa was even born. We're talking about benefit.
Speaker 3: Who used to seeing me around the house kind of schleppy and kind of you know, and sweatpants and my strange.
Speaker 2: Socks and thinking. I'm not saying I'm not pretty.
Speaker 3: I'm saying you used to seeing me kind of like the little old lady at home.
Speaker 2: You're gorgeous, and we tell you something.
Speaker 1: Every relationship there's a bull and a cow.
Speaker 2: I'm the ball, you're the cow.
Speaker 1: Got that?
Speaker 2: I got a oh gosh what. Honestly, it cuts through so many generations. It does because they have always and they have never oh you know, yeah, for so long they weren't yes, but once they were, and then they were again again, and then maybe they weren't. And they're also just such an interesting example of like, will you get back with the should you? Should you? Jen? Jen, You've had three marriages in between. She has been married four times. She made a movie about it, in a documentary. So this is about Betafer if you don't know, that's about one Jennifer Lopez aka Jenny from the Block AKA. We have done an episode on her. You'll find that in the back catalog or in the show notes. Jennifer Lopez. If you go hide, you can get then We've got Ben Affleck sad Ben Dragon tattoo, Ben ugly tattoo.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 2: Best part of my idea is for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb when I get to your door, because I think maybe i'll get up there and i'll knock on the door and you won't be there. We have also done an episode on Ben Affleck a lot of fun. But my structure for today is as follows, Benefer, the first time, Benefer, the second time, the wedding, this is Me now, divorce rumors. If you're wondering about the pause, it's because of the ellipses, which I think indicates because you know, her first album was this is Me Then? No, I didn't know that. Yes, it makes a lot more sense. That's why she now has this is Me Now, Yes Me now? So benefit the first time. Jen and Ben famously met on the set of Giggly Giggly. I think it's jilly. I think it's like I think it is too a romantic comedy crime movie that a wise person once said was too many genres. That was us, I said that. Do you just for anybody who hasn't recently listened to the Jen and or Ben episodes, you want to just give just a short summary of what the film is about. Yeah, so Ricky is Jlo is lesbian but not really, that's trick. And then they have to cut off a thumb, but the wrong thumb, and then they get in trouble, so they're gonna get killed, but then they don't because they talk their way out of it, and then they fall in love even though Ricky is a lesbian. But Ricky's not a lesbian anymore because she met Giggly. Giggly is that his name Affleck? I don't know. I haven't seen the film. I simply watched the trailer and I've never seen anything more confusing and shocking in my life.
Speaker 3: It means you're not my type.
Speaker 2: Good night, And it's just a reminder that I think when it comes to sexuality, like she just hadn't found the right dick yet. Right, Yeah, that's exactly it. It's the moral of the story fucked up? How could you make that? Well? Speaking of how could you make that? Martin Breast, It is widely considered to be one of the worst movies of all time, and the director Breast, that's his name, Come on now, at the time was well known and well regarded. He never directed a film again. He literally made a statement that once Giggly happened, he knew he'd never be invited back to make more films. He was like, I had a good run, but now it's time for me to disappear. Do you think famous people like the Jen and Ben's feel bad? I think they leave in their wake a trail of broken director creatations because, for reasons that they don't know, they agreed to be on a project that they shouldn't have. And Jen recovers, Ben recovers Martin breast He's like, I'm never going to Remembin. Meanwhile, Jen and Ben are going jiggly. Is the beginning of the greatest love story never told? And Martin's like, from my perspective, that was Korea ending. We told it. We told a love story on screen. Was it a great one? Absolutely? It was homophobic. It went to cinemas in the US, and then after three weeks they just straight up stopped showing it because it was upsetting people. I think they thought it was quite good. To this day, I think they're like, what's the big problem. It's like, go ask Martin. He's been redundant for twenty two years. Go watch it, watch it, Go watch it with some friends who are going to be honest with you. After the filming wrapped in March two thousand and two, Ben reportedly spent eighteen thousand dollars on a set of advertisements to express how much he loved working with Jen. Do you remember this yes. At the time she was married to her husband Chris Judd, no relation to Chris Judd, Bet Judd's husband. Yeah, yeah, yeah, as far as we know. Yeah, she's got a thing of marrying people who have names that other people have. For example, Mark Antony. I think his name's Mark Anthony. Well, I don't know. Is he the historical figure? No, but we'll get to here. Okay. The ad that he took out in the paper, it read, in part, you have shown kindness, dedication, diligence, humility, graciousness of spirit, beauty and courage, great empathy, astonishing talent, real poise, and true grace. It has been nothing but an honor and a pleasure to work with you. I only wish I were lucky enough to be in all your movies with love and respecting gratitude, Ben Flick. And where did you put that the paper? Okay? He could have just told her that. You know how, sometimes you work with someone and then you do a farewell card and you just write a little message. Yeah, well that's what Yeah, yeah, we just wanted to take out a paper in the pap put it in the paper. This is the shit I've been begging for on my birthday card from my partner for seven or eight years. I would like to be described as having beauty in courage. Claire, what does beauty and courage mean? Okay, your courage is beautiful. Your courage to be in Jigli, your courage to be Ricky a turned lesbian. Okay, okay, no, no, you courageously make terrible decisions, but you're still beautiful while doing it. Love that just on Ben and his love letters, So I guess that's when it started, but we'll touch on it later. That he continued to write her love letters, and then on the set of This Is Me Now, he got any name and it was Penn Affleck. Honestly, they're just stand ups, aren't made comedians. They both maintained that there was no crossover with Jen's marriage, but it did end in mid two thousand and two, and four seconds later, she was pictured with Ben, who was taken by her graciousness of spirit. Jen then released Jenny from the block. Ben appears in the film clip kissing her on the bottom. They're both wearing sunglasses, pretending to hide from the paparazzi. But it's like, this is your music video, Yes you may and you're running and you're being like, don't follow us, don't follow us. Here I am, I'm Jen, And it reminded me of I was in the airport recently and I saw someone who was in all black, sunglasses on, cap, all of these things, and I want, well, you're clearly fucking famous. You're sign posting to me the famous. So I stared at her NonStop for forty five minutes. Did discover that she was a little bit famous. But I thought I wouldn't have looked twice if you didn't have your baseball cap on. Yeah, if you there's sunglasses on, and like the all black and ensemble, just dress like a homeless person like everyone else. Nobody else is wearing crisp, clean black attire. After three months of dating, Ben was so taken by Jen's true grace that he proposed with a one point two million dollar diamond drink. That's so good. All I'll say is you'd want to be sure. Later that month, they started filming another movie together called Jersey Girl, and Jen released her album This Is Me then, and she said that Ben is her life and soul inspiration for every lyric. Wow, there's a song a really cryptic one I had to go through with a fine tooth comb. It's called Dear Ben. Oh, I just cance trau myself.
Speaker 3: I can't be with no.
Speaker 2: And I would like you to do a dramatic reading of some of the lyrics that I have printed out right here from lyrics dot com. I would love nothing more. Okay, this is from Gen Tibet. Does Gen write her own songs? That's the thing I don't think so. I think that what she does is talk about Ben. And then someone writes the song about Ben okay, and they're like, maybe we could call it like dear Lover, and she's like, no, his name's Ben. I love you. You're perfect, a manifestation of my dreams. You make my body feel about a million different things. I think God made you for me, a mix of passionate fidelities. Not right, we've all written and like that. What does she have to rhyme when she did fidelities to have to rhyme with something me me? So, for example, I have a heart and you are the key of You might have been better than fidelities. Yeah, baby, you're so complete. I write this song to let you know that you will always be to me, my last, my love, my man, my child, a friend, child's interesting, my king. Now I don't like when people call their partner their king or their queen or their child. The child thing was really interesting. It throws me. I think she was missing. There was a beat and she had no word and she went, ah child, Yeah, and the person writing it went, that's odd, Jen, and she said it's perfect for my song. Did Ben Claire, I don't know what to tell you. She loves Ben. In July two thousand and three, that's about a year since they started dating, they did their first NBC primetime interview. It's forty one minutes of them talking about their relationship. There's at least two minutes dedicated to Ben saying that he does not like doing the dishes.
Speaker 3: It's not my favorite thing in the world to do.
Speaker 1: So now I'm happy I don't have to do them.
Speaker 2: I do do them. Ch Ah lovely riveting stuff. J Loo is making chicken, just frying it, okay in case you wondering. And he comes in and says, is that fish or is it chicken? And then she says it's chicken. And then they're like, oh, we're always frying stuff. Chicken beef pork, and I'm like, a fuck me, why am I watching this? It's not interesting. It's I think they think that because they're them, anything they do is interesting. Yeah, and because everyone follows them around. But it's like, I don't need to be in on this joke where Ben's like, I don't mind doing the dishes, and she's like, you've never done the dishes, and it's like, in fairness, you've been together for two weeks. Also, I don't think either of you do the dishes, which is fine. I was surprised she was frying, you have stuff. I think that Ben and Jen when they're alone, they just sit together and intensely look into each other's eyes and tell each other how hot they are, which is actually fair and valid and true. Yeah, yeah, is Ben is just like your face and she's like, mmm, I think you're alone intensely and kind of gyrate, and then she does this thing. She has a dance move where she kind of caresses her own neck. She does a lot of that. But a few weeks later a story was published that claims that on the night the Dateline interview aired, afflic had visited a strip club and had sex with not one but two women. Can you remember what his excuse was? Okay, I'm making this up and I'm definitely wrong. He wanted a glass. He wanted a glass of water, so he ended up in a strip club. Yeah, and some conversation. I hate when I'm thirsty and I'm driving and I go I just want to drink of water. And then I go to a strip club and I fall into a vachina, two of them. A woman came out and said she slept with Affleck that night, and then his rapes came out and said, no, no, no, there's been some confusion because all afflic did at the strip club that night was have some H two O, which is good for you. Yeah, and some lovely conversations. The man was parked. Oh we honestly denying a man a glass water in a strip club club, some lovely entertainment around, but some music, some dancing. He likes dancing. He was thinking, you know who'd like this, Jen, she loves some dancing. He wanted someone to talk to. Who is he meant to talk to j Lo? No, she wasn't there. Matt Damien had lied. No, his mom. No, he needed to talk to his friends. The stupers. Okay, they ended up postponing their wedding because of media attention and eventually broke up because of media attention or because he's love with you other people You'll never know, We don't know. They always spoke of each other very highly. Ben commended Jalo on her great talent, and Jalo always said they broke up because of all the media attention. That was their story. They stuck to her. No one is a bigger fan of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. I think he's simply a fan. I think he might just be a fan. Actually, I don't think he's a boyfriend. I don't think he's a husband. He's She's fine. We don't are fans, no benefit. The second time, Affleck would go on to marry Jennifer Ganner, who was the most different woman to Jennifer Lopez that I personally know, but she has the same Firth name and they have three kids, and Jlo would go on to marry Mark Anthony and have twins. Interestingly, Jlo collaborated on music and performed with Mark, as well as co starring in a movie with him called El Cantante, which was a biopic in two thousand and six, Madison Square Garden. He filled that police up like that like he had it all. He had everything, and you have me. Can you move your ass so that I can see her?
Speaker 1: Ask?
Speaker 2: Please this one? You could touch this one? You can? How was that success wise him? Why do you can't bringing it up because it was ward winning or because there's a bit of fun to be bad? The Evening Standard wrote in a review the film and I quote, did not go down well at the box office, and neither Lopez nor Anthony knew anything about salsa, which is what the film was about. It has a twenty five percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. You know who I think went and saw it, Ben, I think first opportunity, Ben, front seat, popcorn and a slurpy and he stood up at the end. He did what a performance. So while that had twenty five percent, Jiggly Giggly really has six percent on Rotten Tomatoes, So actually twenty five percent isn't bad anyway. Anthony and Lopez officially divorced in twenty fourteen, while Affleck and Ghana officially divorced in twenty eighteen. So now what we've got is a single Ben and a single gen not really because Jen was with the young guy. The younger like a backup, backup down, and then Ben was on Raia trying to like slide into dms and people were sharing sad messages. You know, I leave the man alone to be on his apps.
Speaker 1: Why did you unmatch me?
Speaker 2: It's me let him be on his apps. And he was in a moment where we've all been in this moment, but we've also all seen men in this moment where they start texting everyone because he's life. Yes, I have my friends the strippers, but I need my other friends, such as my exes. So he did start reaching out. He probably reached out to Jennifer Ghannah and she said, I'm the mother of his children where divorced j Lo. Great performance in Elkompunbe. Actually just to be fan of everything you've been doing lately. In May twenty twenty one, nearly twenty years since they first got together, they were photographed. They were then photographed at Lopez's rental home in Miami, and Ben was wearing a watch that Jalo had given him back in two thousand and two. If I were Jennifer Ghana, I'd be pissed. I'd be like, why didn't we throw that out? Where have you been keep them a watch mate? Mm hmm, it ain't right you kept that in your box. And then a few things happened. The first is that a bunch of pictures appeared of them kissing and not not dry humping. All I'll say is that they are at No Boo. I know nothing about anything, but I know No Boo, fancy restaurant where you go to get photo where you're going to get photographed, And I'm sure a state costs like four hundred dollars. And if I were trying to be discreet about my new relationship, I wouldn't be humping at Noboo. But that's fine. They were ready for people to know. They later confirmed the relationship and started appearing on red carpets together. On Valentine's Day, Affleck directed and gifted Lopez a remix of her song on My Way. And if I were their therapist, which I'm not, I would say less working together. I would say to j Loo, Actually, you don't need to star in a film with your husband. It's a specific issue if most of us don't need to work. No, but you can love someone and not make a film. Yeah, or write a song, collaborate together on a project. You can do those separately, Claire, I would like to show you this, so just for context, Ben gives this to Jen on Valentine's Day and then Jen shares it. No newsletter, you know that newsletter below down or whatever? Yeah, I think I subscribe, Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's like, did Ben say you could share that?
Speaker 1: I always knew you, even when not did know? You don't make sense, but it do. I was on my lady, you felt heavy, like.
Speaker 2: Hell, Heaven sent me through pause. I moved, give me, I moved. I think you can tell. He's an award winning film man, Claire. It's terrible and it looks like he made it in that terrible like video editor that we all used in like year ten. Yeah, we had it on our laptops. Then in all the images of him, which don't make any sense, are completely out of context. He's always smoking and looking sad, and he's made it black and white and grainy. Yes, he's definitely used. And then he just puts man date yet. But Matt's like, don't drag me into this shit. Why do I feel things? Huh? Because it's lovely, it's not lovely. Yeah, it's quite beautiful. Jim Ghana and him were together for seven and we're singing a song about being on our yellow brick road that was always leading, that was always leading back to you. And you've done this weird as shit remix video where you've like redone her video clip with also like clips from Jenny from the Block ye, and there's some well she's standing like on a city. It's very j low, very very j Lo. In twenty twenty two, Lopez announced that they're engaged again, twenty years after the first time. In July, they filed their marriage license in Vegas and everyone was like, how low key they have changed. They have learned, they have evolved. Good for you, because it's like Jennifer Lopez needs to learn there's an inverse relationship between how much you spend on your wedding and the fuss that you make and how long that marriage lasts. Yeah, and last time, why did their relationship end because of the media, media attention. So I've just got to be a bit more lokay. Ben doesn't like it, he doesn't like the fuss. Jess. I've just got something to add, which is, do you remember the Grammys last year, Ben and Jen sitting in the audience, and Ben just generally does look happy to be so many having a shit so many. I think this might have been off the back of the honeymoon that he didn't really Yeah, he just wasn't having a great time and he was I'd rather be at home under the Eiffel Tower and now I'm at the Grammys. You don't want to have a little tif for the Grammys. And there's this footage of Trevor Noah sitting beside them, and Trevoroah is a friend of the family. Yeah, we'll touch on Trevor a little bit later, but he is sitting there, and just to the right of him, you can see Ben and Jen arguing that she is having a stern word to him. She's kind of like pointing her finger at his chest and he is looking cranky, and lip readers have said that she was saying, cheer up and look more motivated. Sad Ben is bringing down the fire, yeah, because that's the thing that camera pans. Everyone's looking excited and clapping and Ben, Ben doesn't want to be look like a rain cloud, and Jen like this is one of the greatest nights of the Year. I look stunning. Look at my skin, look at my hair, look at my dress. I've got old dressed up and you can't even do a little smile for the camera. Totally get that. I actually don't think that that is necessarily an indication that they were in trouble at that point, because we've all done it. We've all turned to our partner and said, Okay, I need you to bring more. Yeah, I know we're in a shit situation with my family right now and there being insufferable, but I'm going to need you to suck it up. Yep. Sometimes we turn to each other and we say lift, I need you to lift energetically. Yeah, and that's what That's what Jenn was saying, man sign of a healthy relationship at the Grammys. Lyft. So they get married in Vegas and I remember being like, honestly never thought she was like, this is just an old dress, and like I was like, yeah, you're still sharing it, but good on you. Benefit have not changed after all, Claire the wedding. The wedding took place at Afflex eighty seven acre compound in Georgia. There was a rehearsal. J Loo wore a gold frock. There was a horse with pink flowers in its mate. She wore three Ralph Lauren gowns. There is a drama image of j Loo in a gown on a swing surrounded by chandeliers. Most of the photos I've seen do not feature or allude to Ben, and I do not mind. She wore more than two million dollars worth of diamonds and pearls. Jay Shetty officiated the ceremony. There were fireworks, there was a post wedding Sunday brunch. I saw photos, and there were donuts. What an event. It is believed that the wedding cost them half a million Australian dollars. Then they went on their honeymoon, and that's when sad Ben emerged. Claire, please explain sad Ben. Okay. The thing about Ben is that sometimes he's photographed and the spirit has left his soul, and in his eyes there is only emptiness and hollowness and an existential thread, and it scenes that all the weight of living has fallen upon his shoulders. The weight of the universe is sitting on his slumped shoulders as he has a Starbucks coffee and aigarette and he's just like and I just I love Jennifer Lopez. I don't think she has that same emotional experience. I think she's quite a happy lady. I think she's upbeat. I think she's like where in France? Ben? And Ben's like, it doesn't matter where I am as a Sylvia Placid, I'm stewing in my own sour air. Is how Ben is? Yeah, he's just dark cloud, dark cloud Ben. The images that went viral of Ben Aras follows Ben asleep on a boat, Ben looking sad on river cruise, Ben crying in a restaurant. Did the Eiffel Tower? I should go up? But it was just under the Eifel Tower, Ben looking exasperated Claire, who was very sad. Ben on his euro summer. Now, no one deserves to be stalked by paparazzi. I truly believe that, and you can see how distressed it makes them both. But I reckon. At this point, Ben is regretting the film clip he made j Lo where he basically did a slide show and then she said it to all her followers. Yes, and also the wedding and then also such a flashy honeymoon being fla. I think there are a place that you could have gone. Yeah less and then they recreated the.
Speaker 4: Thing on her bottom and I'm like, guys, we've been here before, twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: This is me now. I don't know how to tell you what this is about. I watched it this morning. I had it on in the background. I had it on. Luna was just crawling around. I was trying to watch it. It's the first film she's ever been exposed to. And she stopped and said, what is this? What the fuck is this? Make it end? I was like, honey, I don't know. It's a visual album, but it has like a script source a musical, and there's a wedding and too many famous people are in it. And there is a line that she wrote because she wrote this that says she's smart, she's beautiful. Why does she always need to be with someone? Which I respect Jen Jen. I watched it, and in terms of the celebrity cameos, I was like, this is so interesting because it's an insight into who can't say no exactly because everyone was asked. Everyone Rizzo said no, I can't do that. If I was a Hollywood person, would I have been in it absolutely absolutely, you never know I was there the idea of hurting Jen's feelings when she seems like a sweet person. Okay, So there's This is Me Now, and there's also The Greatest Love Story Never Told, which is a documentary about This is Me Now. So in The Greatest s Story Never Told, we learn that she did ask a lot of celebrities and she got really upset when they said no, and then they were like, oh, so and so says that they're at a wedding, and she's like call them, like she's just forcing them to be in her movie. And then she's like, it's because they don't like the script, and then she gets very well. In one scene, the casting director says to her, we sent out all the offers last night to everybody. We're waiting to hear back from a few people. And then a voice off camera says, Taylor Swift is a no. Jason Momoa is not available, Jennifer Coolidge not available, Lizo not available. Then someone asks Jlo if she wants Vanessa Hudgens by the way, and she responds for what, same fabe for another person says she's not available. At another point, Jennifer says it'd be good to get Bad Bunny to do a little cameo as the bad kid, and she's then told Ariana Grande is unavailable. She's in London until September, and when they're talking about her famous friends being busy, she says, I don't want to force anybody to do this. Who doesn't go this is going to be fun. Nobody wants to say no to me. I get that. But when an actor doesn't like a script, or doesn't think it's good enough, or is worried about it, that's what they'll say. I know that I've done it, so don't push them, don't put it a mate. When they say no to your script, don't want to be in your film. Well, the other thing she says, because apparently Chloe Kardashian was supposed to make a cameo and it didn't happen, And she says people are scared to put themselves out there. I get it, took me a long time. I'm scared, and I don't think that's it. Then I'm talking about Taylor Swift. She's put herself out there plenty. Taylor Swift scared of the power of the platform. Jaylo would offer her. Honestly, it gives me a lot of respect, like knowing that somebody like Lizzo got a call and then said, ah, let me know what I respect is that a call was made to listen. Yeah. Yeah, that's what I respect because just for some context, she writes this album this is Me Now, and it was about because this is Me Then was written when she was first with men, and she only writes albums when she's with Ben. She didn't write an album in like twenty years. Anyway, she writes this is Me Now. She's like, Okay, yep, I want to tell this story. I'm going to make it like this movie visual album. And some distributor is like, yeah, yeah, cool, we'll give you some money. And then they pull it and they're like actually I think they saw the script, but they were like, this doesn't make us any money, like Beyonce sing didn't make us money. This isn't a good business. Move fast. And then she realizes that she's got to fund it. But that's not the answer. I would just pull. I would just pull. Sometimes we're told no because the answer is no. So it's a three part multimedia project. What is that twenty million dollars of her own money, and the description says it examines and plays with her life as a serial romantic. And she says it's a twenty year project. But we can't say it's twenty year project just because we don't do anything else for twenty years. Yeah, well we relatable. Neil de grass Tyson is a literal astrophysicist. He writes books about traveling to space. He has a species of named after him. Why is he in Jalo's movie? Could have done so much science. We are so diacal, council, but the stars hold all the power. When she did the greatest love story never told? Except all she does is tell her she wanted to tell the story in all mediums immediately available to her. Yes. Right. At one point she brings this book in that Ben gifted her, which has all their emails from two thousand and two, and they interview someone who's like, we were allowed to touch the letters. I don't believe it, And it's like, is Jlo making this film too? And did she make you say that? And these people think they are touching a diary of great hist roles signific Winston Churchhill and not a printed out email from Ben, You've been showing all the musicians all these letters that are and they were like, yeah, we call you Penaflak. And she exclaims, I don't expect anyone to get this, like why are you making it? Because she wants people to believe in love. She says, don't you see my favorite scene? She has to leave the set and everyone's chasing her, asking questions because she's the boss, and she's just like, it's very Jenny from the block, like oh, I'm so overwhelmed. And she's getting in a car that's like actually a track it's and it's very like, oh my gosh, this project is huge, and it's like, you solely are responsible to this. You can pull the plug at any point, an you can go. This is too much. She's like I have to go, and I'm like, where Jen? This is your project, your only project, except for the documentary you're making about this project. But someone is filming that documentary now because I'm watching the greatest love story Never told. Okay, then there's another documentary I found called Ben and Jen Never Say Never Ah, which is confusing because Justin Bieber's documentary is called Never Say Never. The timeline reads like a soap opera, two decades filled with hot romance, heartbreak, multiple marriages, broken engagements, and five children between them. The love story of pop icon Jennifer Lopez and movie star Ben Affleck began with a movie set meeting in two thousand and two, which waived its way to the altar twenty years later, share the Secrets of Pink Diamonds, of Racy Yacht Video and Bubble Bath Proposal. So this is the third Like, these two people have been together for like a combined eleven months over two engagements, and I have to watch three movies about the mon Amazon pri one album and one album, two albums. It's hard because with the greatest love story, I never told there aren't any steakes because it's just Jen's money and she's making a documentary and I'm like, whether you lose it all or you don't, you're still Jennifer Lopez and you're with Ben Affleck. So I'm not not rooting for you. I just don't think you've got much to lose, Yeah, she says. At one point in the documentary about the movie, she says, I have good intentions. I just don't want it to suck and that's all of us with pursuit so well, but it does. And then Ben says, that's just inexperience. You haven't done this before because he has made films and he's like his disinesce and oh nah, he was like, no, it's great, babe, it's really good. Divorce rumors. A few months after The Greatest Love Story Never Told and This Is Me Now was released, rumors emerged that Ben and Jen were separating, which sucks in terms of timing. I'm going to give you a bit of a timeline about what has happened in the last honestly, like four or five months. It's May sixth, twenty twenty four. Jalo is at the met Gala. No Ben insight to that. I say Ben had hate the Metgala? Is it that unusual that he is not there? May twelve, her and Ben do not spend Mother's Day together. May fourteen, j Loo is house hunting without Ben. May fifteen, there are reports that Ben has moved out. May sixteen, Ben pictured leaving his new residence where he's living alone. But he's wearing his wedding ring. Okay. J Lo then likes a post on Instagram Claire, I would like you to just give listeners a gist of the post that Jennifer Lopez liked on May the sixteenth, from her account. Ah, you cannot build a healthy relationship with someone who lacks integrity and emotional safety, doesn't respect your time, doesn't think it's important to call, slash text back in a respectable time. Friend texting her lacks effective communication skills. He's talking to his friends, doesn't strippers who they are or what they want. Devil's advocate. Maybe she's talk about one of our other husbands. No, she could be talking no current husband. Well, it's funny you say that, though, because I think A few days later, they're photographed together at a school play of one of the children wearing their wedding rings. We go. Things get weirder. Two days after that, they're spotted in a car together and then Ben's phone starts ringing and his screen is visible to the paps. Have you heard this? I've seen the picture and it reads Jennifer affleck. But she's right there to Gleitch in the matrix. I don't understand. Oh, that is weird. That is weird.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I saw memes about it, but I didn't see the original it's Jennifer. Jenny's right there. The rumors ramp up, with sources telling people Ben hates all attention and it makes him very uncomfortable. Jennifer has always had a different approach. I don't appreciate the blaming Jennifer. No, not one beer. He knew who she was. She has never changed. This is me, then, this is me now, this have always been later, she's clear a journalist. Then asks Jen outright, if they're separated, love that journalist me too. Take him on for the team doing Godswick says, you know better than that. Then they're holding hands. She's hot broke. Then Lopez announced that she would not be doing her summer tour as planned. Pictures of visits me now toa she's not doing it just that's like a huge part of promoting her three part twenty millions of pundage project. Well, she's not doing it because she has to spend time with her family on and she's sorry by the time she tours that it's not even going to be her now anymore. It's going to be her band again. Then they put their sixty million dollar house on the market. In June, Ben is on Kevin Hart's podcast and basically says he hates all the attention.
Speaker 1: I'm also a little bit shy.
Speaker 2: I also like a lot of attention. Is why people see me and they're like, let's do it? Always mad because somebody has their cameras thinking in my face and you have reste you know, I have resting hard fist, He says. Paparazzi can take pictures of him, he doesn't give a fuck if they're taking pictures of Jen, not his kids. Then he takes his wedding ring off and then the next day is back. On July twenty, Lopez has a Bridgitton themed birthday party. I having brackets fun and Ben doesn't come. That would slap. The only thing I will say about the Bridgeton themed birthday party was it girls only? Ah? It feels like a gal's event. Well, Ben wasn't there. I don't think you'd like dressing up. But July twenty seven, Ben Affleck goes rogue and purchases a five bedroom home in LA for cheeky twenty mil. My question is, why do you need a home if you already have a home with j Lo Claire. Any minute now, we will have an announcement that Ben and Jen are over gupych Finn Benito Non. It's too sad because it's the greatest love story that has been told over and over and over again. And the issue, you know, how like when you break up, like there are so many photos and momentos and stuff. It's like she created them. It's like you'd go and watch that film, clear that Ben made you. She created twenty million dollars worth relationship content momentums, twenty million dollars was only this is me now. It wasn't the greatest love story I never told, and I don't know if I had anything to do with Ben and Jen. Never say never, Oh Claire, it is time for charges and sentences. I'm gonna go first. My charge charges are dop points because there are multiple intensity counting eggs before they have hatched, tempting fate, making two movies about your new husband, and making Jane fonderby in it. Okay, what I will say about your framing of this and potentially our framing of the waste. It's been very gen focused, wasting Neil deGrasse Tyson's time. I think Jenny is so titled to make her art. I think he's just so entitled to make her art. But I just think that Neil over here could be discovering another planet and instead he's Gemini or Sagittarius or something. He must know astrology is bullshit, he does. I'm pretty sure he says it in the documentary about the film making a movie visual album about your life while also making a documentary about the movie visual album about your life, And is this inception? We didn't necessarily want to be emotionally invested in your relationship, but then you made multiple I repeat multiple films about it, and now we want to know if you guys are okay, yes, yes, So what's your sentence? I don't want them to be over, but I think they're over me too, And in that way, I think the worst thing that could have happened to them both has happened. No, I do, so why would I punish them? Ah? Well, Bennifer is no longer, oh Darling, Okay, Well, my charge is similar to yours. It is content inception, content about content about content. Yeah, greatest love story never told? I would argue that it's been told. Yeah, my sentence, if you're going to make the greatest love story never told about your romance and then now it looks like that romance has ended. I need to know. I need the Greatest love Story Never Told? BTS. Oh my god, you need more content and sectional content. You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and they feel it. They're subconscious and Jen. What Jen's doing is she's releasing a lot of polished content. We've got a lot of like professional video clip. What I need is the candid moments where she's like, it's not working. I'm worried that the Great sub Story Never Told was contrived, that it was a documentary about a film, but that was also had a like editorial spin. And what I want is like, as you say, like a behind the scenes, dirty grimy iPhone camera where we get the can we do another take? I'm being more interested. I want the guy who made the poshen Becks documentary. I want him to do a Jen and Ben Tocco and actually reveal some really interesting stuff about their dynamic. Yeah, that's what I need. I need more content. Do you think they're done? I think that maybe they are done. And it's so sad because it was such a long game. It was a long game and even on the YouTube video like where he made the film clip. Everyone was really supportive and encouraged, and they felt like it did mean that they too could finally find love. It made everyone think that they could get back with their ex and actually live out a love story that they thought was dead. But the lesson is, don't make too much content about your relationship, especially when your husband has told you he doesn't like when you make content about your relationship. I do think it's done, but Jalo is fifty five. So what I'll say is that there's time in another twenty years to tell the greatest love story. Never We've got another round in us. We've got another round. As the film says, never say never, Never say never. I think you could do another round. Have twenty years, have some more marriages, yeh, have some more experiences. Benefits three point zero, and then she can be like his sad man still sad, Yes, yeah he is, he is. He's still complicated. Benefits three point zero. Claire, before we go, we are now doing lazy girls story at the end. Yeah, don't ask. It's just a creative decision, Jens, to make creative decisions. What can we make creative decisions? Today's lazy girl story, just to put it on the record, Jen, it's not a lazy girl. Oh absolutely not. Everyone said, don't make this movie. Don't make this movie. You don't have to make this movie. Lazy girls would have taken that said, oh thank god, I'll lay in bed with my twenty meal. Okay, lazy girl story in school. I actually made it to Zone Athletics for one hundred meter sprint. I'm really impressed with that. God I'm slow because that takes power strength. Sprinting's hard. Sprinting. You don't fluke it. You should be a common data. It was half a day to travel to and from the stadium that held it at I got to the raceline, looked around and figured I was way out of place. So I made my way back.
Speaker 4: Enough.
Speaker 2: Save that energy for another day. She's a lazy girl. Now. This is something really lovely about lazy girls, is that we know when our energy is not going to be well spent. So she went, Am I gonna win? No? I don't know how I got into this. Have I traveled all the way here? Absolutely, But I'm not going to run just to lose. I'm gonna sit in the stand. I'm gonna I'm not gonna run one hundred meters. I'm gonna walk the one hundred meters back to the stand and disappoint everyone. And I'm gonna get some hot chips with extra tomato sauce and something I love to do, watch athletics. Watch the rest of this love some really talented athletes. Yeah yeah, but who among us has not gotten to the gym and thought not today, Not today. I did. I put on the shoes. Everyone says putting on the shoes as the hardest part. I put on the shoes. I still don't want to be here. I'm going home. I'm getting KFC. The lazy girl, man, right, is it's self care. It is self care. That's what she did, and she would have got the day off school already. Yeah, so it's like, you go home now. You can even tell people you won. Yeah I got injured, Like you can tell people whatever you like. I really like that lazy girl. Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of Canceled. This episode was produced by Telisabezazz and Kimberly Bradish And we will be back next week. Bye bye.