Speaker 1: We acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land we're recording on today.
Speaker 2: I agree with lou Oh my god, Okay, I'm so sorry. No, no, no, this is why these conversations are good. Hello, and welcome back to Eat, Sleep, Shit, Repeat, the most wildly, wildly of unhinged podcasts about the madness that is motherhood and everything in between.
Speaker 1: I'm Kelly McCarran and I'm Kiri Searles, and i am sweating because my baby is awake and she's on a play mat next to me, and I'm like, hopefully this goes well.
Speaker 2: Is she eyeballing you or is she just kick kick kicking.
Speaker 1: She's kick kick kicking, she's reach, reach, reaching, she started to grab. It's all very sweet.
Speaker 2: Ah. I remember Lenn had this little piano that I'd put at the bottom and he'd kick it and it would play the piano and he loved it. Stop.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. I think I need to invest in some like newborn Matt things for her to play with, because just the mobile, I just getting a bit. She's like, give me more, Like I'm down here, give me something to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a very big brain. Mum, and I want to use it. So later on the episode today we are going to chat about mummy wine culture in a completely different way. But first, Yuah Queen through the shit. My pit is pissing me off and I need to have a vent about it for context. My pit is about more genetic tests, and I had to have a bunch of genetic tests about a decade ago because my mum has a cancer gene. It's not the brack of gene, it's a different gene, but there's a fifty percent chance if you've got it, the kid will have it, and then there's an eighty percent chance that you would get the type of cancers that the cancer gene would give you. So it wasn't a great gene to get. However, obviously, then if you have it, which my sister and brother do have it, they get yearly tests and screening. So that was like a decade ago, and it was a very annoying to have to do. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that I absolutely hate needles. I'm sure you can imagine that genetic testing involves a lot of needles, and I've got to get more.
Speaker 1: I know how much anxiety you have around medical procedures. I just feel like you've just had such bad luck with your health stuff.
Speaker 2: It is so annoying. My nanny, as I mentioned last week, she's had like three major heart surgeries. She's had like a bunch of heart attacks. Her heart's always given her a bit of grief. About seven years ago, my uncle, when he was in his fifties, his heart literally like exploded and he was given a fifty percent chance of living or dying as he was going into surgery. Then my uncle had to have open heart surgery like his brother. These are my dad's brothers. Then my other uncle died one day on his couch, so it was just assumed that it was his heart that just didn't work. And then there's been like some of the cousins had heart things. So in the end, someone obviously goes, hey, let's check for this random heart gene because this all seems to be a little bit, you know, higher than average with the randomness, and there's a really dodgy heart gene something going on. Dad just got his results back. He's got it too. Shit, So who has to go get the more tests?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do?
Speaker 2: You do? Only three people in the entire extended family on Dad's side don't have it, so it's a really aggressive one. Haha.
Speaker 1: So say you do get it, you've gone that far? Are you just kind of dealing?
Speaker 2: Because for women it's not that big of a deal, Like even though Nanny's had heaps of issues, most women won't yeah to the same extent that in terms of like how it affects men, however, it'll be more impactful for Len down the line.
Speaker 1: Right of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm at the moment just annoyed. I'm annoyed that I have to go get more testing done. And yes, we live in a great country where these tests are generally subsidized or free because if they're rare genes, like the last time. I don't know if they'll cost anything this time, but last time it was all free because if they're rare genes, they use it for science and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's very lucky, but it's also very annoying.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do though this time? To avoid having a panic attack?
Speaker 2: Me and my brother and sister went together for the last lot, so we'll probably go together. So maybe I'll just take like diazepam and just load up before I go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good idea, because my only thought is just just how scary it was last time. But to be fair, you didn't know what was happening. Maybe like this time around, if you were to have a panic attack, at least you could register in that would I don't know.
Speaker 2: Last time wasn't great because they weren't able to complete the test properly on me, because they even the head nurse at the genetic screening place struggled to get blood out of me.
Speaker 1: Oh shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, it is what it is. We'll just have to deal with it when it happens. But my peak is my mom and dad are taking us on an extended family holiday in twenty twenty six. What isn't that so fun? Yes, I'm so excited. It's so generous of them. Everything's included, flights, food, accommodation. We just have to show up.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so nice? I one day we'll train, we'll do that for my kids, Like, it's such a precious gift to do that for your kids and do something all together. Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 2: Glenn Is just can you just imagine when he realizes that we're all going to Fiji, with cousins, with Uncle Sam, with Arnie Kat, with Nana Pop. He's just going to be like whoa. And also just for me to be on holidays with my siblings and parents again, oh.
Speaker 1: So nice girl. And Fiji is just fantastic for kids. He's a great age for like kids club and all that good stuff that you go to those destines for.
Speaker 2: So that is something really nice to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous. So what time next year is like early? Oh amazing, We're almost halfway.
Speaker 2: So it's not exactly, it's not long. It's not long. It'll go really fast. And yeah, you know when Christmas is all over and you're like, you know, start of a new year, it'll be just like oh yay, then we get to go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be so good. And know it's always a bit doomy, gloomy at the beginning of the year, although Easter came around pretty quickly, which I think was so good this year.
Speaker 2: True, true, Who.
Speaker 1: Knows what the date's going to be next year. It's all based on some silly little moon.
Speaker 2: Your turn, you finish on the peak.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my pit is falling on from last week, my diagnosis of shingles and mastitis. Having to pump my mastidisy shingle boob and then feeding out of a bottle, Like it's so funny, right. You just get so used to what your routine is, and something as small as pumping one boob, transferring it to a bottle and feeding out of a bottle, it's just so much work, an extra mental load and just extra like having to get up out of bed at night to do stuff like normally just roll her out and feed her, but I've got a pump and pull off the milk into the It's just a lot. And I'd just like to stop that now. That'd be lovely if I could stop that.
Speaker 2: What about my girlfriend who she has like this nipple condition and she did it for I forget how many months she persevered and pushed through, and I mean after she was done, she was like, I was a cycle. I don't know what I was thinking. So she was pumping because she couldn't feed directly from the nipple. They were covered with scabs and like blood. That's how sensitive her nipples were, even just to the pump.
Speaker 1: That's when you're in that new mum phase, hay, and you're.
Speaker 2: Just putting pressure on yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't realize the office You're like, whoa, what was I doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember when I was with Suki breastfeeding and I was texting my bestie being like, oh, it's hard, Like you know, she's just so hungry and I just don't supply isn't good and she just went fit is best? Just remember? Yeah, good reminder just in case I'm getting into my crazy cuckoo era of like reast.
Speaker 2: Milk, rest milk, but no, the baby just wants a full tummy, just.
Speaker 1: Wants to be fed. Bitch my peak. Now. I am just so thrilled with Rou's daycare. I cannot tell you. It has been a bloody journey getting her to a daycare that I love, and I knew that they were a wonderful, But then Mother's Day a couple of weeks ago, it was like I never and any of the daycarees that I went to previously had like a Mother's Day morning tea. We never celebrated anything. They never invited us into the daycare to do things with your other daycare, don't I know, honestly, But we were invited to this Mother's Day thing. Super cute. We get there, I'm hand at a gift. They made these little color coo bags that the girls have done their artwork on with this beautiful card and a poem and all very cutesy. And then we're sitting around just waiting in the classroom and then we all are invited to come outside to the big play area and there's nail polish station set up, a pasta like necklace making stations, face painting, photo booth. There were all these snacks like chicken bagels and pretzels and all of these things. They had gone to so much effort, and the kids were loving it because we were coming into their space and they were showing us all of their stuff and it was just honestly so beautiful. And then today, for instance, I get an email from the lead educator and it's ru's like Cycle one Individual Observation Planning Record. Basically, it's from January to May everything that they've observed in relation to socialization literacy, not that they can really read or anything like that, but just the beginnings of it emotional, social, physical, cognitive language, and then like what the plan is moving forward and really thoughtful comments. It wasn't just like generic cut and pace, like they were unique to her. And I just thought, this is so nice because I'm in a stage where we don't have family help. I really have to rely on daycare to do a lot of the raising of rue, you know, from Monday to Thursday. And like, what a gift it is to be able to completely trust the people that you're sending your kid to school with every day, like they're as invested in her as we are. And also just some of the comments, it's just like so cute because I know that she's a really kind kid, but then they're like, oh and then they helped this other girl who didn't know how to do it, blah blah blah, And I'm like, Okay, she's doing okay, she's weather the storm of having a sibling and moving daycares again, and she's thriving.
Speaker 2: And she does have her little bestie there, which she must just love so much.
Speaker 1: I know she does have her bestie, Goldie.
Speaker 2: The it's so cute now that they literally spent most days together.
Speaker 1: It is just so funny. Beck and I Goldie's mom, we met and if you don't know the connection, Beck and I met in mother's group and ruined. Goldie became fast friends, as did Beck and I. And Beck will messaged me one morning or old message whoever drops off second, and the girls are like, whoa Goldie. Look at my dress. I'm wearing a bow dress. Look at me, I'm wearing poor patrol undies. They'll like comment on each other, Oh, you look so nice, you look so nice. Should we play outside?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: It's just so good, so good having a little bestie there and just having someone else to like remind you of shit. Like Beck's like, how are you going to this mother's day thing? I was like, yeah, I have RSVP. She's like, okay, cool, I'll go to. Having like a little friend there for yourself is also really nice. So it just feels good to know that because that last time I moved it, I really did go back and forth, and I felt really guilty after I kind of handed and unnoticed because that was like her fourth daycare or something.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of duds. Though you've had bad luck with daycare.
Speaker 1: I have had bad luck, and I think that I kept trying to remind myself like no, no, if something doesn't feel right, we got to move on. It's important to get somewhere where you feel really safe and secure, and we've found that and I'm just so thrilled, and yeah, it's so fun to drop them off every day and let her run in and be like, I just love it. And the educators are so nice. Educators are so nice anyway, I love them. I love them. Daycare is the best enough of that. After the break hell is kicking off the first ever I just don't Know if I care segment.
Speaker 2: I don't care?
Speaker 1: Yeah you do?
Speaker 3: No, I don't you care?
Speaker 2: I don't care, Yes you do. Before I start talking, because I've got a lot to say about today's topic, do you want to reintroduce this segment and explain what it is? There are so many topics in my mind that I want to discuss.
Speaker 1: So this one is I just don't know if I care. And each month we'll alternate bringing a study, opinion piece that someone's written, maybe a TikTok video that's gone viral with a certain take on parenting, motherhood, lifestyle, something that is kind of in the mix that maybe you've seen as a headline but haven't had the time or energpacity to click into. We're going to bring it to you break it down and then have a little discussion and at the end we're going to decide if we care or not. So Kell's up this week for the first one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so excited. Today we're going to chat about an article in The Cut a few weeks ago titled Happy Mother's Day to the Mums who Love to Party. We will link it in the show notes if you fancy a read. But it's essentially a toast to mums who love to party, urging society to celebrate them without the burden of proving their worth. And the more that I sort of thought about this topic, the more passionate I got, which is going to be very clear. So in the essay, Catherine Jersey Morton challenges the traditional narrative that mothers must earn their pleasure and fun through self sacrifice. She celebrates the mothers who find joy and liberation in partying, however they like to do so. On an individual level. These experiences, she argues, offer a vital connection to the world beyond domestic life and reaffirm the individual identity. And then she goes on to include perspectives from other mothers who highlight how such moments of revelry. How good is that word? I love that word can serve as a form of self expression and necessary escape from the gender normed roles that are often imposed on mothers. And The Piece advocates for recognizing mothers as multifaceted individuals who deserve joy and autonomy. And my god, did I feel seen? Because the level of vitriol, judgment and quite frankly discussed that's aimed at mothers specifically for doing something like partying, is at an all time high. Thanks to social media. We're allowed to ask because obviously we have to ask for permission to see if we've earned it, you know, because we're not individuals that can make their own life choices. So we could ask for hampering, say for Mother's Day, I'd love like a voucher to the spa, or I'd love like a lunch with the girls, or a nice new piece of jewelry, because that's perceived as a treat. So this mom that is asking for the nice massage, she's always showing up on Instagram at her kids soccer games and the bakesale, and the washing is always in the line because she doesn't dare use the dryer, so she deserves that massage. She deserves a money petty here and there or brunch with a girl. But a mom that loves Darrave absolutely not a mom who wants to talk shit in someone's garage over a bottle or six of rose day every second Friday. Do not be ridiculous. If you've posted something like that, the comments action would not be like, oh my god, so fun you go girl, or I'm coming next time. It would be here is.
Speaker 3: Looking after your child, terrible mother who needs to escape her children, And then things just like really boring comments like don't have kids if you still want to party?
Speaker 2: Why? Why is having kids seen as this moment where you no longer can do anything purely for yourself unless it's the occasionally socially accepted spa day lunch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought this was really interesting because it's obvious that if you see mothers enjoying themselves, or if you saw I don't know, some drunk stories that a mum had put up, I think the automatic reaction to that is a little bit like, oh, and I think that's ingrained in us. Not that it should be, but I think that society has made us think like that's not very motherly.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, it's not very motherly.
Speaker 1: It's not very motherly. That's not really how you're supposed to act. But what I loved about this is she spoke to different people and one of the one women that she asked in this piece used to be her editor at another magazine and she didn't have kids at the time, this editor, but now she does, and so it was really interesting to get her perspective. And she said that after just having these little moments out of partying and because she was a party girl, she said that she comes to feel more palpable gratitude for the slow, sweet, tedious domesticity that she gets to leave and then return to. And I just really resonated with that because I think what happens is that like, obviously, yes, gender roles, yes they're unfair, like they're not equal, and as women, we do pick up a lot more of the things that I know that when I go and let off a bit of steam, which is usually like going to my girlfriend's birthday and dancing all night, like, I come back being like okay, I feel a bit more refreshed, like hey, I'm still me, but I just can't be all of me all the time, but I'm still there.
Speaker 2: And I loved her line that said, despite my aching head, I feel restored in a way that no SPA can't touch because I completely agree with you. And it's not for everyone, of course, but there is something that makes me feel so much more alive that ASPA just wouldn't. And the thing about you know, looking at someone's drunk insta stories and going ooh, not very motherly, Well, that person is more than just a mother. Yeah, having kids doesn't mean that you are solely tied for them for every single second and still they leave the home that is not healthy for them or you. You are a multifaceted person, we all are. You're not just a mum. I am Lenny's mum. I play silly games with him and we have dance parties with the cats and we go on find adventures and I do love that part of my life, but it isn't my entire life.
Speaker 1: I think what's important to there was like, some people do want to center their life around their kids right in a huge way, and that is okay too, but they should also understand that they're allowed to, like let off a little bit of steam. And I want to also say that, like, even though we're talking about quote unquote partying, the definition of that when she kind of surveyed this group of women was like, yeah, there was like party party people, but some of them were like drinkers or some of them were sober.
Speaker 2: But it's still go out dancing till six am.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but the hours were late. And that's what I think it is. I think sometimes I'm guilty of doing this. It's like if I go out to socialize as a mother, there's like a an end on it. It's like I can maybe go out for and especially now I'm a newborn stage obviously that is like the one time where I do need to have timed stuff, But like, I don't know, there's kind of like an expectation that it's only like X amount of hours long. Right I'm imagining Charlie going out, there's not like a said amount of time for him to like go out and let off some steam, like do whatever you want to do. But I think there is inherently we have restrictions around what we can do and how long we can do it for as mothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I have always really loved partying, and I've definitely given it a strong nudge throughout my life. Len was exactly six weeks old when I first went out, and when I was thinking back, it was the first time I actually felt like myself again. All night, people were asking if I missed him and how I was going, and I just was like, oh my god, I'm absolutely fine, and I just felt so much joy and I just felt like, oh, I'm myself again. And it's funny. Whenever I start getting really cranky or my mental health starts slipping a bit, Luke will be like, do you have a night out with the girls anytime soon? Yeah? It's like you need it. It feeds me so much. But I'm about to tell you about a disagreement if you will, that Luke and I had a few months ago. I guess it sort of all ties in with the feeling like, oh, you've earned doing this as a mother, rather than just like you're a person who can still do what you want as long as you're sort of you know, you've got to put your kid first, of course, but you also need to put yourself first sometimes. So I'm going to tell you about the argument.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me.
Speaker 2: As many of you know, I went to Bali solo in February. I had friends over there, but was primarily by myself, and I did nothing but eat, swim, should repeat read, get massages and yes, party with my friends for five days and I returned a new woman. I was so rejuvenated in every single aspect, specifically though, as a wife and a mother, because I'd had that time with no one wanting me and needing me and asking for anything. I mentioned to Luke that I thought it would be good if I did that every quarter, so four times a year. I'm like, I'm going to take myself to Bali for that long weekend to recharge, so it's five point four percent of the time over a three month period I would be away from my family. And Luke was outraged by my selfishness, like absolutely outraged.
Speaker 1: This is hard, right, because if Charlie turned around and said that to me, I wouldn't be happy. No fucking way is that happening, Like you cannot leave me once every three months for a long weekend. Even as I'm saying it sounds unreasonable, but like I'm just thinking logistically, no, I'm gonna I will sinkle, swim, I'm gonna sink.
Speaker 2: But then I bought up that he was planning on doing night shifts, which would be a much higher percent away. He literally at the moment sees Lenny for half an hour in the mornings during the week. He was like, oh, well, it's okay because it was for work. I agree with lou Oh my god, okay.
Speaker 1: Because he's not choosing to do that, like that's the work that he's taking in order to provide for the family.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, okay, yep, so you're still here.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm still team Luke.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, No, no, no, this is these conversations are good. Technically, I was working in Bali because I was shooting and testing the travel in and then I said to him, Okay, well, I'm just going to arrange some spond to shoot every trip. Would that suddenly make it okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's not fair because his job has night shifts, you know, Like that's where I think the inequity is. But I think that you actually making it a work trip does legitimize it in a way that would get out across the line for me.
Speaker 2: But then he still was like, no, you're so selfish. What is so wrong with someone being selfish? Sometimes like I'm putting him and Lenny first and my work most of the time. What is wrong with me putting myself first occasionally?
Speaker 1: I actually do think that this is quite a nice thing to maybe do. But I think what it needs to be is that both of you do it.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't want to or he wouldn't want to spend the money on that.
Speaker 1: That's not really about you, go it's about him not wanting to do the same thing. But I know, like thinking about how stressed Charlie is and how much he's doing at work and then coming home and helping me, and me just being stressed all the time, etc. Doing all the family stuff. Like I think we would both actually really benefit from having something like that to look.
Speaker 2: Forward to exactly. But it's only okay to travel if it's for work, because then that scene is virtuous because then you're earning your time. Self care isn't virtuous. Even though life is fucking short, things can happen at the blink of the moment. Why aren't we okay with being a little bit selfish and putting ourselves first occasionally and just enjoying ourselves. Why, as women are we constantly made to feel guilty for wanting pleasure when at the end of the day, making everyone else happy all the time isn't going to get you anywhere.
Speaker 1: You're so right, Like I just remembered recently, maybe Suki was eight or nine weeks and my girlfriend was having a party and she was having on a boat and she's like, guys, I've got like a surprise for you, and I was like, okay, I'll do it. And then it came to the time and I just thought like, oh, I can't leave her. I'd have to pump and she's never had a bottle, and there were all these obstacles to why I couldn't go. But I think at the crux of it, it was like, you shouldn't leave your baby. You've just had a baby, she's going to be a newborn, Like, you shouldn't leave her. Well, I did leave her. Charlie was like, it's five hours, it'll be fine. He was really encouraging of that, and it was the best five hours I've had in ages. And I was so glad in that moment that he and my best friend Hannah were like, it's gonna be fine. If it's not, we can give a formula. It's five hours and that was it. I went on the boat, got off, came home. I was back in time for like bedtime and stuff, and it was an amazing time out. And I just think about, like, was it really the fact that I hadn't given her a bottle that was deterring me from going, or was it kind of that underlying all it's not.
Speaker 2: Very motherly of you to go out and get pissed on a boat when you've got a baby at.
Speaker 1: Home, exactly, and that I did have a lot of glasses of champagne and some great sushi. It would have been so easy for me to not go because I've just had a newborn and how could I dare leave her for a few hours. But really I left her for five hours. She was fine. Charlie got to have this amazing kind of one on one with the baby, and I got to have some time off to come back to my really mundane, boring life.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've completely missed to the point of this segment. I just don't know if I care, because I really agree with this author that wrote the essay on the cut that sometimes it's okay that you still love partying and sometimes it's okay to be a selfish bitch.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's slightly off of what the segment's meant to be, But who do care about what this person has said in this piece? It's like, yeah, I do care. Like we are meant to party, we're allowed to be mums, we're also allowed to have fun, and I think I do care too. I think you're right. You've laid out some really interesting thoughts starters that I think I'll be interested to see what the shit has come back with and what their feedback is. Because you lost me and then you got me back.
Speaker 2: I think that everyone will listen along and being like oh no, Kel, no no, and do exactly what you're doing, going no team Luke, Team Luke. But then the more I argue my point, the more I make more and more sense, and the more people are going to finish that episode and then go book themselves a five day long weekend you bully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and ask their partners to do the same thing. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, go yourself if you want to or do I don't know, goal for whatever you want to do. That's the bloody equivalent like I mean to be fair, Luke, could not think of anything more boring than going and sitting next to a pool and reading by himself for five days. That man loves to chat.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think that I.
Speaker 2: Think about things like a man. Well.
Speaker 1: I think that the difference here, right, is that the reason why this person has written this article is because it is gendered. Because no one blinks an eye or bats an eye when dads have to go back to work or they have to travel and there's a newborn at home, or your partners probably have in some form let off steam way before you have, or as frequently as you might do as a mum. So it's for the people that don't let their hair down a lot. I think they are going to have a bit of a little come to Jesus moment from this segment.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, I think so. And I think that, well, hopefully I've changed your mind a little bit about the importance of being selfish sometimes I'm not saying all the time, because it's also going to make you a better mother because you've had that time to decompress.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. All right, it's recommendations time. Should I go first or should you go first?
Speaker 2: Because I've just been ranting and shouting.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't ranting and shouting. You were presenting a very interesting point that got me over the line. All right, I'm up. First, I have had a bit of a style crisis since having Suki. Actually while I was pregnant. My body changed quite a lot during this pregnancy, and I'm not in any rush to do anything about it. I'm very comfortable in my skin at the moment, but what makes me very aware of my changing body is trying to get myself dressed in the morning. So rather than buy I don't know, clothes that are like placeholders, I'm just like, this is the size I am. I want to buy clothes that fit me that I like, but I also don't have a lot of like heaps of cash to spend. Times are tough, so I have been on a little bit of a deep pop discovery.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this so much. Yes, yes, yes, right.
Speaker 1: So I think deepop is really good for our listeners that maybe postpartum, maybe a bit of recession proof shopping. That you can find things that you would love at full price, but they are discount because people maybe have worn them once or twice. They're pre loved, and they're really reasonably priced. You can also put an offering, So say someone has something up for seventy five dollars, you could offer sixty and see if they take it, and you can kind of go back and forth and barter, and then once it's done, they will wrap it up and send it to you. And there's this thing called RePOP, Like if you get something on deep Hop and it doesn't suit you, you might put it up again. And it's like, this was a RePOP, but it was just because you know, it was too long for me. But it's a really great sight because I don't know, you can just find things.
Speaker 2: I use it to buy things that I want, but I don't want to pay that money.
Speaker 1: Frice, Yeah, because how many times have you bought something, warned a couple of times and then just been likeck, it's just not me and it's pretty expensive, or maybe you know X amount of money to be able to give that new life instead of it hanging in the closet for three years until you really decide that it's not for you and then end up donating it or whatever. Like it's just a really good way to I don't know, recycle your clothes but also find great deals, and it's just fun to scroll, Like, give me a different platform than Instagram and TikTok to scroll like Deepop. It's fun anyway, So that's my record.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I think that that is a great recommendation because we just need to stop shopping at shit places like.
Speaker 1: And that's my thing. I really don't want to shop at fast fashion anymore. Like there's definitely a place where I understand why people do it, but for me, it's building like a wardrobe of clothing that is good quality, will stand the test of time, classic things that you can funk up, and I think that Deepop is really good for that.
Speaker 2: I love fast fashion, but I don't ever buy things to be fast. So I love fast fashion prices, but I don't ever buy things just for one season. Like i'll buy something that's technically fast fashion, people say, oh, where'd you get that, and I'll be like, I got it from Chopo or top Shop five years ago, though yeah, like I just I pull things out and so it's not fast for me. So you were recommending bras last week, like for Postpartum where Nala is another Aussie lady startup brand. They're fifteen nine dollars. They come in a range of colors, shapes, and sizes. The reason why I like them is because I don't like bras. I wear a crop most of the time because I just don't like the feeling of something title supportive or I don't like to feel trapped at all, which is why I don't like wearing jewelry normally. But they are the closest thing to a crop, but it's still a bra because the thing is, if you're wearing a crop under a tight shirt, it's really obvious that you're wearing a crop, and it's a very teenage girl of you. Like, yeah, I don't know why, I just feel really juvenile, like if I just you need to put a bra on under your top because you can just see it and it just Are you about to go play netball? Potentially? Yes?
Speaker 1: You on a Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, me on a Wednesday. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think they do a brilette thanllah. I've got it in black and it is so nice. It's like sexy but a bralatt Oh.
Speaker 2: On that note, time for us to skid atle Hopefully we'll be back in your eies next week with a shitter for a yap and Yanna about something interesting.
Speaker 1: This podcast was produced by us Key Resells and Kelly McCarran, with audio production by Matti Joanna. See you next week. Shit is Bye.