Speaker 1: Welcome to the Kick Your Expert led podcast, helping you explore and learn everything about getting pregnancy, birth, and becoming a parent.
Speaker 2: On the podcast and our online pregnancy program grow My Baby, we share my experience of helping more than four thousand babies to be born.
Speaker 1: And our experience of running a women's health clinic and parenting for boys.
Speaker 2: We're here to help everyone to feel empowered in pregnancy and birth with real life, practical information.
Speaker 1: Welcome everyone, I'm Bridget Maloney and it's great to be back in your ears. Today. We have got the great Kath for Quee coming to join me. I'm flying solo today. Now, Kath, you might be familiar with Kath. We've had Kath on the podcast before. She is a women's health physiotherapist and she's probably one of the hardest working people that I know. She's a physiotherapist in Melbourne, Victory, Ria. She helps women in pregnancy and postpartum. She has an online training program called Fitness Mama that we highly recommend for anyone who's pregnant or postpartum. And she is a mum of three girls. Just on the weekend gone, I had the good fortune of hanging out with Kath at a conference all about business, so it's good to have my business buddies. But that was not the only conference Kath was on at the same weekend. Each morning, Kat got up at four point thirty to attend the annual research update on pelvic floor dysfunction during pregnancy and the first year of postpartum, and she has lots to share from her learnings. So if you're the person that's press play on today's episode, we know that you're the type of person who loves having information during your pregnancy that's expert led and back by research, and that describes Kat perfectly. I am so excited to get into this episode, so let's do just that. Welcome Kat. I'm so glad to have you on our podcast again.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for having me, Bridget. It's great to chat.
Speaker 1: I love chatting with you. You're just a wealth of knowledge and every time we do chat, I think, oh my god, that needs to come back on our podcast. So here you are, right, Cath. I want to start with why should a woman have or want.
Speaker 3: A healthy public floor? Great question, Bridget. Let's start with the basics. We want to stay dry, we want to not be accidentally leaking, And when I talk about leaking, we're talking about incontinents of urine feces, flatal incontinent, so that's accidental, I guess, letting go of a fart for want of a better word. But there's the incontinent side of things, and then there's a prolapse side of things. So a prolapse, a public organ prolapse might be felt like. The sensation might include a bulge, a vaginal bulge, heaviness, a public dragging sensation. It could even be as subtle as the sensation that a temp is stuck, but you're not wearing a tampon. So there's some both subtle and not so subtle symptoms of prolapse. Pelvic health is also relating to pain in the pelvis area, So we know some women with chronic pelvic pain. So women listening who perhaps might have had endometriosis chronic trauma inside the pelvis, they might also have symptoms of constipation and hypertonic pelvic flaw, so it might cause issues of further pain and a bit of a cascading effect. So there's quite a varied list I guess of reasons why we want to be aware of this area, and pelvic flaw does become a bit of a buzzword. It's not something we're really aware of before pregnancy, and it's something I wish we could teach girls when they get their periods and as part of adolescence. You know, what are the basics of a pelvic floor and how do we care for pelvic health? And that can include everything from periods and our cycle and menstruation, but also issues around There's a lot of young women that have incontinents that are perhaps runners or athletes, or have urgency. Like it's not just a condition for pregnancy and postpartum, but it does become a bit of a buzzword.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you mentioned a hypotonic pelvic flaw and chronic pain. I'm imagining that also has part to play in sexual health and sexual dysfunction as well and satisfaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, it's a whole other area that public floor physios treat. It's women who are perhaps having pain with intercourse pain inserting tampon as I mentioned before, the chronic constipation, which is actually stemming from overactive pelvic floor muscles. So there is a subset of women where it might not be an issue of weak pelvic floor, which I think most people are quite aware of. It's that knowledge that our public floor can get weak. But also we can have the overactive pelvic floor, and an overactive pelvic floor doesn't necessarily mean a strong pelvic floor. We can have overactive and weak pervic floor. So it can get a bit complicated. And this is where it's an internal muscle to the body, like we can't see it. It's not as easy as can't flex it like a biceps exactly. So the only way we can really work out accurately what is going on is internal vaginal assessment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and I do want to talk about who's the best person to do that assessment. But before I ask that, I really want to know some people of our society more at risk of pelvic floor injuries or poor pervict floor health.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I guess let's talk about it perhaps pre pregnancy who's room, and then we can discuss the birth side who might be at risk because they're different sort of risk factors. The women who aren't yet pregnant that might notice or might not, but they might be at a higher risk of public flaw concerns might be women as I mentioned with chronic pelvic pain, so interstititial societies, endometriosis, perhaps this and a history of abuse or trauma to the area. They are one subset of women. There is thought, and I think there's a lot of evidence and a bit more research required in this area, but there is thought that maybe athletes and women who exercise a lot might have overactive pelvic flaw. And again, when I'm saying they might have, I just mean statistically speaking. I'm not saying if you were an athlete you do have public floor I just mean you might, statistically speaking, have a higher risk of public flow issues. But that's all so that research is in its infantile stages, so that might change with time. But it also does make sense a little bit. They probably also got tight hamstrings. They probably got tight glue muscles and need to get into those hip flexes, so the similar sort of situation. And then when we're moving into pregnancy, a few things to be aware of is if your mother or if there's a strong family history of pelvic health issues post birth, So if you're pregnant, it might be worth having a chat with the women and your family, your auntie, your mother, how is your birth, Were there any significant perennial tears, Was there any significant pelvic flowed trauma that then made you need to go on to have a hysterectomy or any surgery. So that can be helpful conversation just to I guess, become aware of any potential family history.
Speaker 1: I think at the moment, kath my mom is in the early stages of dementia and I just caught up with her yesterday. She's been a very private person all her life, and with the dementia, the filter has now gone. So she's telling me all about her periods and all about the fact that she had to have a hysterectomy because of heavy bleeding, and like, I've never heard these stories before. It was such a great conversation. I'm so glad that I had it yesterday. But the hard conversation sometimes if you've got a private family member that you want to get that intel from.
Speaker 3: But it's really helpful, and historically women, we would not have been having this conversation you and I, like, historically we didn't talk about this.
Speaker 1: Who talks about accidentally weing, who talks about not being able to hold in a fart? Who talks about being fecal incontinent, Like, this is topics that we all need to start talking about because it's so common.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. I'm also mindful though, bridget that. Yes, I absolutely agree the more we know we can become empowered. That there's also a bit of a trade off, I do feel in our day and this is going on to a whole different topic that maybe we want to get into. But with so many podcasts and so much knowledge on our doorstep with the Internet and Google, there's a lot of potential misfound fear in different things too, which I think is why it's so good to be selective of who you're listening to and what you're listening to. I guess, because it can become really overwhelming in a way that's potentially not helpful and not empowering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, so that I want to get into that too, because I want to talk about that TikTok trend that you told me about. But first, before we get to that, how about we talk about who is the right person to go to to have a public floor assessment and what does that look like and what does somebody expect from that appointment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I have I guess two categories. Yet these are some red flags. If you have any of these symptoms, I highly recommend you go and seek support. So they're the red flags that I talked about before. Any chronic pelvic pain, any chronic constipation, any leaking urine vices, wind, any urgency, having to rush to the toilet, any prolapse symptoms, any large family history, and you're feeling really anxious about it. These are women. I'd say absolutely, let's go get you assessed, have internal public floor assessment if that's appropriate for you. There's the different ways we can assess public flaw, but let's arm you with knowledge because you've got these potential risk factors. Then I've also got my what I call my gold standard that I would love all women in the world to have. And we are progressing in this area. I know in France, and I'm going ahead of myself a little bit, but in France all women now have a six week post SAD or public flow check and I'm sure we'll talk about this in a little bit, but this is so amazing, and this is part of my gold standard because we're learning more and more that there's things that we can do and be aware of that help potentially help our public floor function months, but even years and decades down the track. The research around this is evolving so rapidly, and it's such an exciting area that even what I'm saying today is different to what I've perhaps concentrated on a few years ago. And I'm sure if you're listening to this podcast a few years from now, it might have evolved even further so in terms of what I consider gold standard. And this is what I would have loved to have done myself back with my first pregnancy, which was now nearly thirteen years ago. Should I go into it? Oh, I love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know what your gold standard is.
Speaker 3: I do just want to do a little disclaiming here. This is my personal gold standard, and I hold myself to a pretty high standard with my public floor. I am totally I'm a public floor physio. I live and breathe this every day, and I understand if this isn't everyone's gold standard, and that's absolutely fine, Like you do you, But this is me talking to myself thirteen years ago. Okay, there's five things I would want to tick off. Number one, which I did tick off, which is great to tick off, but it's exercising during pregnancy. And I don't mean exercising public floor, I mean all exercise, because we know that exercising during pregnancy is one of the best things we can do to help with your public floor function postpartum. So getting out there and walking, doing what you normally like. You know, it's going to the gym, bloody is whatever lights you up and it's appropriate for you during pregnancy is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, And it's something that if you start during pregnancy, if you haven't been an exercise to start during pregnancy, you know that routine, that habit that's been formed that can go on to after pregnancy and beyond. It's just a life skill, but it's so important in pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I didn't quite take that off in my first pregnancy.
Speaker 3: I wish I had. It doesn't matter, But the thing is, and I guess the elephant in the room is I ticked it off in my first pregnancy. But with my second pregnancy, when I had public girdle pain, that was a whole other story. And I know women are exhausted, women get achy and sore, women get nauseous. It's not always simple and easy to just drop that an exercise Like here, I am saying, yeah, let's just exercise during pregnancy easy, but I one hundred percent no, firsthand, it can be challenging. This is where we need to be adaptable and work out what's right for us in our lifestyle, in our stage of our life and pregnancy. So sure, it might not be the sixty minute workout that you used to do at the gym. Might be five minutes of beautiful stretches in the sunshine in the back guarden. If you're feeling nauseous, you know something that can help to revive our body and replenish our body rather than deplete it. Further, I could talk all day about that, So I will move number two. Okay, number two. I would recommend a pelvic floor assessment in the third trimester, early third trimester, so about thirty two thirty three, you know, thirty four weeks. This assessment. It's like a preparing for birth assessment. So this would be with a public floor assessment, and if it's appropriate for you, it'd be a vaginal public floor and internal public floor assessment. And the benefit of this is, apart from looking at all the issues with aches and pains and whatever else is going on. But from a public floor perspective, we can a make sure you're doing a public floor muscle exercise correctly. And that sounds basic, but we know from research there's quite a few women out there there's quite a high percent actually not or you're actually pushing down and doing opposite. As I said at start, they're an internal muscle to the body, Like, how do we know?
Speaker 1: And actually with our physio at work. After my third baby was the first time that I had any involvement from a physio in any of my pregnancies. First time listener, No, Pat didn't neglect me. He wasn't around the first time and second time, so third pregnancy, he's like off to the physio. And the physio taught me that I was actually bearing down and she showed me an ultrasound that I was bearing down when I was trying to do my This is postpartum bearing down trying to do my public floor exercises.
Speaker 3: Interesting, isn't it? Were you surprised?
Speaker 1: I was surprised because I love sport and I love exercise and actually thought I knew my body pretty well. So when I could see that visual, I was like, oh, I had.
Speaker 3: It pretty quickly, like did you get the hang of it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it's that feedback, so she was able to say, no, Bridget, I want you to squeeze here, put here, pull here, you know, like you know, I can't remember. It was a long time ago now, but like it was enough for me to go, Okay, I know where which muscle I'm trying to contract here now? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's powerful. And when we think about preparation for birth, if you're having a vaginal birth, do you have the birth canal to be like open and relaxed or zipped up, closed and tense. So we really want those muscles, because the muscles are at the base of the birth canal, we really want them to be relaxed and open to just give way, let the baby come through the birth canal, uninterrupted, unimpeded. And having that ability to understand this is how I relax my muscles. You'd much prefer to learn about that a few months before your birth rather than on the day in the moment. Yeah, absolutely, all the other factors going on.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, So your third gold.
Speaker 3: Standard, third gold standard, So at that appointment we can discuss early couple of weeks postpartum and how to look out public floor and the first pooh after the birth and all those sorts of things. And then the next part it would be of the two week online the telehealth checking with your physio who you saw during pregnancy, because then you can talk through how the birth went, if there was any potential pelvic flawed trauma, you know, you can talk them through any paraneal tears, if there was any four slips, a pisiotomy, any pain postpartum, you can talk through any concerns, and then the physio can tweak her recommendations to you to get you through with a six week postnatal check, which is my fourth part, my gold standard. So at that six week postnatal check, that would be preferably. Again, it depends if you've had a cesarean, you've got no symptoms, no concerns, no family history, nothing at all. I would quite often do a transa abdomal ultrasound quick little check. Is that what you had bridgid?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And that can give a really nice visual. So that's the probe on the tummy muscles and you can have a nice visual on the screen. If you lift a public floor or relaxing. If someone's had a vaginal birth, on recommendation could include an internal public floor assessment similar to what you had at the thirty two thirty three week mark, and then we can in great deal assess let me if there's any prolapse, if there's any tears, how the public flow is. So many elements to that public floor assessment that I won't necessarily go into detail, but what that can do is really help to guide you with your postnatal rehab because there are some conditions, for example, that we don't necessarily want to be doing heaps and heaps of pelvic floor strengthening. And this is quite new research coming to light that I was talking to you about a few days ago, where it's still in its infantile stages, and so I'm a little bit cautious, I guess, discussing this research. But there's a shift happening, and I'll try to explain it. To take a step back, if we had an achilles tear, like a tear in a muscle in our calf or foot, you'd be unlikely to be recommended to do really strong calf strengthening exercises in that six week postnatal period. Probably couldn't exactly exactly if there's any injury to the muscle or whether muscle's you know, coming away from the bone, you would be encouraged to rest. You know, let's let that healing happen, that natural recovery, and then once that natural recovery has occurred, let's start some gradual strengthening exercises. So if we don't know what is happening inside with our muscles and our tendons and inside that air after our vaginal birth, we can't really guide you whether or not you to back off on your public floor exercises or you know, you're good to go, let's get you started with this you know, good strengthening program. That's where that for me, that gold standard really comes in. And I really hope Australia follows in the footprint of France and offering all women a public floor six week post natal check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that speaks to the title of this episode, which is stopped not everybody should be doing public floor strengthening exercises. So you're recommending that people should know before they start doing the strengthening exercises after birth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's what we said at the start. It's being empowered to know what are my steps for my personal journey, Like we all have different journeys and pregnancy and postpartum like so varied cesarean vaginal like it's just it's limit as you know, like it's endless, all the different ways our birth can transpire. So to know what your steps are for recovery, it's so amazing. And the women that I see that feel the strongest and you know, the happiest, and they've reached their postnatal rehab goals. And they're not necessarily runners, you know, they could just be wanting to be pain free, able to run around with their kids at the park, you jump on the trampoline with their kids, Like it doesn't need to be these big grand goals. But the women I see who are achieving their goals are those that had the plan, they did the work, they did the rehab. Sure like rehab. And this is similar to the whole pregnancy exercise side of things. Right, it's all well and good for me to say, let's do exercise during pregnancy. It's the same without postnatal rehab, which is a fifth part of my gold standard. But we've got a newborn, we might have toddlers running around. We might have, you know, breastfeeding issues, an unsettled baby, and there's obviously the sleep depora. There's a lot of reasons that we might not be able to necessarily prioritize our rehab and that's fine. That's that knowing what you can do to help guide that in your own time, at your own trajectory, I think it's really powerful.
Speaker 1: And I think that one thing that I still struggle with, and like I have a twenty one year old, I also have a twelve year old. But the one thing that I struggle with is feeling okay to do that. I still have a level of mother guilt when I take myself out of the family picture and go and do my gym or walk or whatever it is. And I think that you set expectation as a mum of a newborn. You set that expectation that everybody is expecting you to go and do your self care exercise, Like, just do that from the stuff that is what I wished I had have done. And the guilt that you feel is the guilt that you have that nobody else is thinking about it, thinking good on bridget for going out.
Speaker 3: And doing some exercise.
Speaker 1: The kids love it when I come back from the because I've got a little lindorphin Russian and they go, yeah, Mum's back from the gym. So you know, there's no one saying that I'm neglecting them. It's me. It's this mother guilt.
Speaker 3: I'm also going to flip that and let's actually stop the guilt of not exercising too. Ah. Yeah, so many women that they message abound on Instagram. Oh my gosh, six months postpartum. You know, I haven't been able to do anything yet, any exercise. And that's okay too. Like we all have our starting points and we just build from there. And I think if we can take away that guilt, motherhood guilt, you know, it doesn't matter what you do.
Speaker 1: Know either side. I just think if you wake up that morning, you get a chance to recommit to excellence, whatever your excellence looks like. That might be, you know, being able to wash your hair for the day, but that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Like. Every day is a new day.
Speaker 1: And the person who taught me that was my nineteen year old because I was doing that exact thing, I was like, oh god, I haven't been to the gym. Goes it doesn't matter, Mom, Tomorrow's a new day. You get to recommit, isn't it lovely? Yeah? I mean he's my cheerleader. Yep. Absolutely, so a gold standard, cath Bequi's gold standard for a pelvic floor rehabilitation. It's setting up a habit for a lifetime because you know, a lot of our listeners they're coming into pregnancy in their later thirties, maybe forties, maybe they're having their second and they're forty. They're sort of teetering on the edge of perimenopause as well, So that is another life stage, isn't it for your pelvic floor?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And I should have said that as one of the risk factors as well. You know, with age, we are more likely to have public floor issues. So if we are, you know, getting to that stage, then maybe that's another reason to add a public floor assessment to your to do list. But also I'm just wary that there might be a lot of women listening who are second time pregnant or further down the track and haven't had one. And again, forget the mum guilt, don't worry about Tomorrow's a new day. What can we do moving forwards? Like women haven't been having public floor assessments for thousands of years. Like it's okay, but let's just get a plan moving forwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Now I want to talk about this TikTok trend. Tell me what is it.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Okay, I'm blown away. I'm not a huge TikToker. I do have to say I'm perhaps a little bit old for that. But having said that, I have been on Instagram and TikTok doing coulic floor exercises for quite some time, and then about twelve months ago, I thought, oh, not everyone wants to keep hearing me do these public floor exercises, and I get even a bit of a break, and then I've started back up again. I don't know whether maybe it's just because I'm now being hit with them with a good old algorithm, but there's some public flow reels that have got millions and millions of views, and now I think this is fantastic because it's raising awareness for public flow and it's brilliant, and they have a bit of motivation and a bit of a bit of a kick to do some public floor But that's why I created this podcast episode on my podcast, because I just want to just give a little bit of a warning signal that Okay, this might be fantastic, but there are a group of women where perhaps it's not the best thing at this stage of your life for you at this time.
Speaker 1: Good. I hope that message has got through. So those it's a visual of someone like doing a pelvic floor sort of movement or something, is it? Yeah, there's and it's doing within a time frame. Yeah, okay, all right. So if someone's seeing that and going, my I need to do my pervic floor exercises right now, you're saying, just stop. What stage of life are you at? Yep? How's your it's.
Speaker 3: A public floor. Any symptoms that we discussed, any family history that we discussed, have you had any? But you know the birth PUBLC floor concerns that we discuss, like where are you at with your pregnancy postpartum stage and is it possible would you like to go and have it vaginal public floor assessment doesn't have to be vaginal. There's lots of ways weakn access to pelvic floor, but do you think it might be worth having public floor assessment before you get stuck into all these pelvic floor exercises that you're finding out on social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, all right, So I love your five points to your gold standard, And if anyone wants to hear about that in more fleshed out detail, hopover to Kat's podcast. I'll put the links into the show notes. But for those people who perhaps don't have access to the gold Standard, and we know that there are lots of people, and let's say that the only access they get is they're still in the hospital life baby has been born. What is the most important question they could ask their midwife, obstetrician, physiotherapist, whoever it is that is there with them about their pelvic floor law? Do you think if that's the only health professional that they're going to be around, and it'd be a sad state of affairs, But you know, sometimes that is the case.
Speaker 3: Oh that's such a great question, So i'd probably possible. How was my birth because sometimes and I was the same. I had no idea my first berth I did have a tear and they gave me a few stitches, but when I went back to the ward, I had no idea what sort of tear. I had no idea, So I didn't know if it was in first, second, third, fourth, So I think let's find out. There's a lot of women that I see in the clinic that come and see me for an assessment, and when I ask about any tares, they don't know what degree tair they had, like what type of tear. And I think that can be really powerful because we know like first and second degree tears, for example, lower risk of long term issue. Third and fourth degree tare. Okay, perhaps we need to pay this bit of attention because there is slightly larger risk of longer term you know, concerns with those public issues that I talked about. That would be one question for the birth team. And then if I could have one more question another great.
Speaker 1: For this is a hypothetical world.
Speaker 3: Why not pathetical, But if you've got any concerns about your bowels in those early days, ask your healthcare team. Perhaps you need a stool soft now, because it's not a stage you want to be straining on your pelvic floor like we discussed a little bit earlier. This is a stage we really want these muscles to relax. They've just had stretch. They stretch up to three hundred percent their length, beautifully built for the job of you know, stretching out for the baby. To come through. But what we want now in the postpartum period is that natural recoil to occur. We want that natural recovery to occur as much as possible, because it's not just about muscles that we want to recover. It's attendons and the ligaments and all the soft tissue connective tissue, and that really does just take time. And that's why we discuss that, you know, six the magical six week mark, which might not be the magical six weeks, but that's the sort of time frame that we give at the moment, but especially in those first few days, that's when we do want to try to avoid constipation if we can. And there's a few little oh, this is going on to a whole other topic, yes, Bridgid, but a few little quick tips for you know, you can ask the healthcare team about passing your first bow motion because you might even need to give support to the area. You know, wrap up some paper towel on, some toilet paper on your hand, and if you place that at the front of your peraneum, like at the front of your palvis. And I know this is a podcast and here I am doing the visual on the camera, but if you can place it at the front whilst you're opening your bows, then that sort of can really give a sense that everything's not heading south and I can relax and then you can relax your public floor muscles to allow the bow motion to come through. Whereas if you're sitting on the toilet thinking, oh my gosh, everything's heading south, Yeah, that can actually increase constipation. So having that pressure or that gentle support with your hand can be really that first bowl motion good.
Speaker 1: Okay, so your two questions were just to recap. One, ask your birth team and ask them about, you know, what happened to your pelvic floor, if you had any tearing. And your second is if you've got any issues with your bows after birth. But I know he really likes women to have passed their first bowel motion in the hospital. But people are staying less and less time now, so sometimes that doesn't happen. But you know, make sure that you talk to them about perhaps getting some stool softness.
Speaker 3: But whatever is appropriate for that, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it important to know, like you might lose track of time, Like, is it important to know how long you've been pushing for.
Speaker 3: That is another risk factor for pebvic floor issues, So that could be a question for your birth team, like was it under ninety minutes versus over ninety minutes? Again that it's about ninety minutes, it tends anything more than that perhaps is a bigger increased risk of public floor issues to be aware of.
Speaker 1: I remember when my obstetric came into you see me after and midwives see me after the birth. It was just lovely, doubly like they were just it's the baby cute, and oh you did so well. I look at you, and let me look at the scar. And I wish that perhaps I had, particularly my first birth, which was an emergency Caesar and the second, which was a feedback that didn't proceed, so I probably would have asked more questions like use that time. This is the time for you to ask your birth team, Hey, what was my birth like? Because honestly, you sort of lose track of exactly what happened, and maybe your birth partner didn't keep notes either, So use it. It's not just about giving the babylake little smiles and that's cute too, but like, use it to your advantage.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, what was my birth like? And what can I do now to help support my recovery.
Speaker 1: Perfect done.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: Kath, Thank you so much for joining us today. I love talking to you about before. More people aroused at the conference must have been going, oh my god, those two are talking about pause again.
Speaker 3: But love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your expertise on our podcast.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure. Thanks so much for having me back bridget our pleasure.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed today's episode. I particularly like how Cather reminds us to focus on being overall physically fit. And if you need help to do this because you either have an issue like pulvic girdle pain or you have a goal to remain injury free during your pregnancy, you can join Kat's online program. It's really worth it. We highly recommend it, and I'll put the link in the show notes if you're looking for it. It's called Fit Nest Mama. Okay, that's it for today. Thank you so much for joining us. Thank you for your amazing feedback, sharing our show with your friends and family, and your fantastic topic suggestions. We love them so much and it helps to form content that we know is really relevant to you. We'll be back in your ears next week. Until then, keep well life and our.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Even though doctor Pat is well a doctor and we get lots of other doctors and other experts on our podcast, I just need to remind you that this podcast is for informational purposes only. We share lots of medical insights and experience, but everything we talk about is general in nature and may not apply to your specific situation. Please always consult with your own healthcare provider for your individual medical advice. When you grow your baby