Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to you Beauty the Show for your Face, Hair and bathroom Cabinet. I'm Lee Campbell, I'm Kelly McCarran, and I know what you're thinking. Girls. It isn't Friday. What are you doing in my fabie? Going back to daily? What is going on? No? No, no, this is a bonus episode.
Speaker 2: Every single month, you're going to get our monthly master Class, which is just basically going to be a really juicy episode full of weird and wonderful things, mainly about beauty.
Speaker 1: Hopefully mainly about beauty.
Speaker 2: You never know better to be fair because it's going to be our monthly master class.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'll be a master class on netball. No, it won't be. Honestly, it's our opportunity to give the ubis more, to dive deeper, to go a little bit crazy. If you're watching along at the moment, you'll see we're in a different studio.
Speaker 2: Lee looks like she's going to the beach, and I look like I'm going to the snow.
Speaker 1: But we both have no makeup on and we're quite disheveled. And you'll find out why in a moment. We're here today because we know there is so much beauty information out there. There's too much. It can be conflicting, it can be confusing. A lot of it's just click bait, like a lot of it's the.
Speaker 2: One product you need and the only ingredient that your skin needs, but it's actually just a social media hook designed to try to get you to buy something. So this is our chance to really cut through the BS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's one extra episode, but it's once a month. It's always going to be different, but we promise it'll be informative and entertaining.
Speaker 2: Educational yet entertaining, if you will. My favorite thing is it? Yes, I like to bring a bit of joy to the classroom. Yes, class in session is that you put it in your glasses hut. So your monthly master class is going to be coming out every single month. Thus the Monthly master Class on the last Tuesday of every month, So make sure you market in your calendars or just keep your eyes on the feed.
Speaker 1: Get your highlighter out opening.
Speaker 2: All right, the last Tuesday, that's when the girls all been dropping an extra bit of content.
Speaker 1: And it's just played in the kitchen, so no one tries to book you for that day. Yeah, you know what else would you have to do on that Tuesday. So, with you Beauty being the show for your face, hair and bathroom cabinet, we thought why not start with one of the most common questions or a bunch of the most common questions we always always get, and an inside look into our own bathroom cabinets and skincare routines.
Speaker 2: Today, we're going to kick things off with our morning skincare routines. We're going to go through exactly each step. We're going to be doing them live, What products we use, why, how much of it we're getting into everything.
Speaker 1: We'll show you wait times, why we're using certain ingredients and why those products wouldn't play well with other ingredients, because it can be confusing, so confusing, and you know, at the end of the day, it's just some gals getting ready for the day.
Speaker 2: And don't forget you can watch us. So if you're listening, you can go on watch this episode on Apple Podcast. Just make sure that you've downloaded the latest iOS software thingy because otherwise it doesn't work, or you can watch us over on YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into it. It's masterclass time. Good morningly, good morning. I just swoke up in my house clothes. This is exactly how we woke up. I woke up with the braid that isn't dishevel, is it toshovel? No? Look amazing, Okay, is exactly how I woke up. Look at this guy. I squeezed in three days ago. Oh it still did stuff come out? Oh my gosh, so much came out. Don't squeeze at home. We're not gonna show you how to do that, but I can do as we say, not as we do. But you probably haven't seen us like this on your beauty for a while. But we're bare faced and we're ready to show you what we do on a typical morning. So kel you've just woken up and I do.
Speaker 2: Before we get into our morning skincare routines, I did just want to, like, let's take everyone through what our skin is doing at the moment. Because I live in Sydney, so.
Speaker 1: Do I what I wonder?
Speaker 2: I see you all the time and Sydney, it is the middle of winter and it is freezing.
Speaker 1: It's the middle of winter in North Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah no, but like sorry, but that doesn't mean it's freezing everywhere like true cans, you're so lucky.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's actually the most beautiful time of year, like tasty things. You think this is cold, it's not freezing, and you're like, I raise you cold. As someone with dry skin, I'm assuming this is your depths of dryness.
Speaker 2: I my skin is so unhappy at this type of time of year. It is so dry, it is so dehydrated. If I don't take good care of it, I actually just start flaking off by mid face.
Speaker 1: Crack, it cracks like, but it starts like, but does it really? Sorry, Yes, that's ready.
Speaker 2: It cracks, Yes, and it peels and it's itchy and it flakes everywhere, and you look at me and you just think you dry bit. Yeah, oh totally, that's exactly what you would think. So No, it's just what suits me at this exact time. Plus, because of the nature of our jobs, we're always chopping and changing products. Yes, and this is what I'm using at this exact moment in time in the steps, but I do often change the product. But yeah, I'm not really using many actives at all, if any really at the moment, because I'm just making sure my skin stays happy.
Speaker 1: And on your face, what about you? I have been on a journey with my skin. At the moment, you know, stress and pary and all those things. It's such wood behaving. Okay, at the moment, I do get a little bit dry and tight. I guess I'm forty four perimenopausal. You should go and check out Very Pary if you're interested. It's a very helpful guide by mum and me. But that's another story for another day. I don't know what to like. I don't know honestly. Like you said, my routine will change weeks to week, sometimes day to day. It also just depends if I'm in the upstairs bathroom on the downstairs bathroom. It sounds like I've got a huge house. I don't. But I can't be bother running up two flights of stairs.
Speaker 2: Or if you can even be bothered doing your skincare to be completely like we are normal people. Sometimes we can't be bothered, and so that's worth But generally the steps would stay the same. You don't really add something in or swap what brand or products you're using.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by what we're trialing you. Yeah, I've kind of got a really potent vitamin Z. I might move out some other things. It changes, but this works for me at the moment, So should we get.
Speaker 2: Started, definitely, And if you want, we can do one in a couple of months when it starts to get warmer again, because it'll look vast well, I don't know about you, but mine would be vastly different.
Speaker 1: So it's the morning, we woke up, We've fed our children some cereal, We're in our bathroom. What do you do first?
Speaker 2: I cleanse first, which some people I know that you don't use an actual cleanser in the morning, but I do. I use just something really really gentle. I bought a fresh one because I didn't want it to be leaking through my bag. But this is the qv gentle cleanser. It's eleven ninety nine, beautifully affordable. I go to bed with like half a liter of product on my face in order for it not to flake off. So I do need to remove the skincare in the morning before I start applying my fresh daily skin care. And also I just I like to cleanse my skin in the morning, like yeah, sometimes rules sometimes I might be a night sweater, or that's true, I might have some chocolates and maybe I had some crumbs around my mouth.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the reason is, but that literally happened to me two nights ago. You woke up with chocolate on it. I woke up and I was like, oh, I thought, you know, I didn't know what it was, and I went, yeah, it was chocolate. I too. Am, So you're going to start cleansing, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you what I do, except it'll probably look a lot better than how it would at home work. I'd be like, yes, all right, so I'm going to just start pumper runing, just one little pump now. I am just going to use a mist because I don't have actual water just here. Yes, Oh yeah, so I need a bit of water. Yeah, oh magic.
Speaker 1: If you haven't noticed, this isn't our bathrooms, we are in a different studio. What do you do? Oh yeah, that's right. I woke up too. I use biodoma my cellar water, of course I do. So I don't use a traditional cleanser or wash off cleansing in the morning. I wait up and then I just give my face a little swipey swipe with my cellar water. So literally, you know my skin has been nicely nourished tonight before I just want to take off sort of like any sweat or any film, but keep it juicy.
Speaker 2: So you obviously don't put so many layers of skincare that you can still feel it in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not like like my skin feels nourish, but it doesn't feel like I just freshly did my skin care. Oh, I can still feel like I it is thick. Well, I need you, wow, I need your routine. So I literally just use a reusable cotton pad and then I will just swipe. I will make sure that it feels look it depends if it's slimy. But I still wouldn't clean because my cellar water biodermo my cellar water, the original one is a full cleanse. It is if you're cleansing your skin, you just don't need water. And the reason they invented that is because people were having irritation to the water in France, so they made something that didn't need to tap water or h to it. So it's a full cleans people, a full cleanse la la la. I mean you don't have to do it very elegantly. I always do under my eyes like that as if I was the day before wearing to didtional me scar up because sometimes leftovers, yeah, but not really with tubular. But I think I'm just so ingrained in me that you would just always swipe under your eyes because cleaning up pandaise was such a thing. I always swipe down my neck. It always cleans behind my ears. It's my favorite thing. Twice a day, twice a day. Well, whenever I'm cleansing my face. My face isn't just this.
Speaker 2: I love cleaning my ears, but like with a cute tip, not oh that is the best thing to like new beauty up late and everybody oh mine would never have anything on it though, because I do it every day.
Speaker 1: That's the point. So then I literally will do that, and then I'll let it dry before I go onto my skincare. So I literally can do it sometimes from bed watching TV because I don't need running water. I can't I must go wash. Well, let us do.
Speaker 2: That before we get into our next step. I'm not going to mention every single product that I use intermittently through the week, like because we're sort of just specifically doing oh as if it.
Speaker 1: Was today, like a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But I do need to do a special shout out for the DERMOLOGICR microfoling because this is something I've consistently used about three mornings a week for the past couple of years. It's one hundred and twelve dollars, but this one bottle will last a year and I use it three times a week.
Speaker 1: You just put a little bit in your hand.
Speaker 2: It's like a rice based, really really mild exfoliant that you then mix with water so you can sort of make it as gritty or as creamy clayey kind of but well, you know, like it's you can't feel the grit so much.
Speaker 1: We can if you don't put much liquid with it.
Speaker 2: So I just use it a couple of mornings a week when I want to do really nice makeup because it physically buffs everything away, so your canvas is just like prepped, primed and ready to go, but.
Speaker 1: Also very gentle like it's you couldn't really overdo it. That's not called daily micros and you can use it every day. I don't, but you can. Yeah, So when you do do it, because it's customizable, it's sort of two step. You add your own water. How much do you use? I will show you.
Speaker 2: Here we go, and then I'll how much water pour it somewhere because I don't want to actually put it on at the moment because I don't want to have to go to the bathroom again.
Speaker 1: But I probably use about that much, so maybe it looks like it if it would be.
Speaker 2: Like ten cents if it was light and solifid. But then I would mix it with either a pump of cleanser or just water.
Speaker 1: And do you literally like go like put it there and make the little paste in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then rub it all over my face in like small little circular motions and then just.
Speaker 1: Rents it off until I can't feel the grittiness anymore. It's a little bit pulled water instead of emulsify. Oh no, okay, put it in the lid and we'll excoliate later. Yeah, we don't waste good product.
Speaker 2: We don't waste good products exactly for doing that for us.
Speaker 1: No worries. Gritty seat.
Speaker 2: Oh gee, that's gonna be awful when you have it next time, I will be that's okay, that's okay. We'll just put the lid on nice and tight and we'll just pop it there.
Speaker 1: Well after I've done my cleans and I'm way ahead of Kelly because I've just gone swipe, swipe, swipe. I would do ice cream, but first, I mean I just woke up. I forgot I haven't had my coffee. I would always get my hair out of my face coming up after the break. More of a skin care routines, not my scrunchy all right. I'm at I cream stage, so I always do I cream as essentially the very first step of my skincare. Because the eye area is quite different to the face, and although for the most part, my skin's resilient enough to handle face skincare up around the eye, I am using something separate, So putting that on first, let's it go in there first, and also creates a little bit of protection for them if my other face skincare travels into the area. I am using Vitae Pacific Puffy eye gel. Why because my eyes are puffy and dark and sad and pathetic. Is that the one that tingles? No? It is like the most delicious balm, but is in a regular episode. I can't ask to use it. Now. You gotta use your iron routine. You're in your bathroom there, I'm in my after So it's literally a gel. It's one of the few eye products that I think really does help with puffiness. So that's why I would use it in the morning because I don't care if I look puffy on a bed. I'm gonna wake up that way anyway. So it's like a beautiful texture. I always do my upper eyelid as well, because don't you get puffy everywhere? No, yes, you do. No offense, it's not a lot, trust me, but people's puffiness.
Speaker 2: This is like the time that my facialist said to me, your pigmentation has gotten so much better, and I was, like, pigmentation.
Speaker 1: Honestly, unless it's you know, sort of a really active retinal. Even then, I wouldn't just apply like eye creviers for the whole orbital bone, your orbal to bone, if you feel is like the hole in your skull where your eyeball lives. So you do want to put it, you know, all around. Most people just put it on the bottom. I don't understand why. And this is this is so nourishing and gentle. It's not like, oh my god, I got it in my eye. It's not really anti aging. It's just cooling and calming and deep puffing. I love it. It's ninety nine dollars a little goes a long way, and I do. I'm very generous with my problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I am too, actually, but we will try to say how much to use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean that was one pump. You could definitely use half. However, I find this so nourishing and it's still sort of sitting there, but it's sunk in by the time I get to my makeup, and I want that juiciness to start. I don't want an I cream. It's you know, so penetrative that it feels like it's gone. I want there to still be some sort of BARMI texture. Give my concealer a plumpy bass.
Speaker 2: Could you please put it in auder it's upsetting me that it's not next to.
Speaker 1: The you can count.
Speaker 2: My next step is because I'm not doing a vitamin C today. I do vitamin c's a couple of times a week, and then on the days that I don't do in a vitamin C, I will use a nice cinamide because it enhances your cell's antioxidant capability while also doing brightening.
Speaker 1: It's really good for the texture.
Speaker 2: I feel like my cinamide is kind of like a bit of an underdog in terms of ingredients. It does so many things.
Speaker 1: It's like vitamin C little sister in that you know, they're not the same category, but they both tackle a lot. But vitamin C gets all the like vitamin C is elsa and vitamin B or nicicinamide isna ana and.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, we need anna because nicinamid is also very repairing, so it's really good for your skin, whereas if I use a Vitamin C every single day, my skin would probably just be a little bit cranky because while.
Speaker 1: It's not active active, it is strong well. Vitamin C by default is an expolant because it's an asset. It's got a tiny bit of exfoliant in it. You're also so confusing that confused ourselves. We know what we're talking about, We're still confused students. It's definitely more active than nicinamide, and they both do a little bit of everything, but nicemid is more for your kind of sensitive girlies, whereas vitamin C I've only just been able to put back into my routine because my skin was cranky.
Speaker 2: Show me what you use in so I'll first go in with a mist because water attracts water, so I'm when I'm looking for my morning serum. I am also looking for something that's really hydrating. I don't want to do heaps of steps because that's what nighttime is for and I just don't have time for that in the morning. So in the morning I'm looking for something if I'm not using a vitamin C, or even when I am using a vitamin C. Though, I want it to do multiple things, so I want it to be hydrating. I want it to have something really nourishing in there, like a peptide or a seramide or something that's going to really plump up and juice the skin up. So that's why I sort of look for everything serum I do really like. But I finished it, so I had to bring in a replacement. The asap N twenty peptide complex.
Speaker 1: This is so good.
Speaker 2: This is one hundred and forty eight dollars and twenty cents. But I've just recently finished it, so I've replaced it with the Verso super exosoth serum, which is really beautiful. It's got exosomes in, it's got the nice cinamide, and it's so juicy and hydrating. So it hasn't like I haven't been using it long, but so I will missed first. This is the PDRN and hyaluronic acid hydrating capsule MIST. Because if you think about a sponge, a dry sponge will not absorb as well as a wet sponge or a slightly damp sponge, I should say, because obviously a wet sponge wouldn't absorb anything.
Speaker 1: No, it's full of wet, yes, but I get it.
Speaker 2: A damp sponge will absorb better than a dry sponge. So think of your skin as a sponge, and the MIST is like a are for your serum so that it can get deeper into your skin. Otherwise it's just going to sit on the top of your skin. Yes, I just did three pumps.
Speaker 1: Wow? Is that what we would do? Yeah? Okay, I'm pretty liberal liberal, especially with you know, something that's preparing and hydrating. You don't have to worry too much because it's not an active.
Speaker 2: And because my skin is so dry dehydrated, I kind of need it, like my skin's just drunk.
Speaker 1: All of that are And dare I say that you don't wear a lovely knit We might do, but you know, I'll show you a little bit more that your skin. Your face doesn't end right where your chin is and that we want to carry it down our chest where we can. But that also for me, depends on how expensive the product is. Well, you do look delicious and juicy. Say you were stuck on a desert island with just your serum, would you use water as a mist just because it's hydration? You could. You don't have to use a mist.
Speaker 2: It's just you're going to get the best benefits from your serums if you use a mist, so that it does act like that carrier into the deeper layers of your skin. Plus it's got extra skincare benefits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's totally fine to use that serum straight up it is.
Speaker 2: It's just I prefer because as someone with very dry skin, I just prefer to use a mist as a carrier. Plus this is full of juicy goodness as well, So yes, you could just use if you're stuck on a desert island.
Speaker 1: Though, don't use salt water. Oh no, we would never use salt water. That's dehydrating, yes, exactly. And then I apply it kind of just like with my hands all over. I'm not very delicate about it. I don't do it in a really like tiktoky way. I don't do drips on the face and then go I just shmear. You will find that a lot of that is for social media or you know a lot of you know, French beauty houses for example, have a lot of a ritual where it goes comes to applying and different pressures and fingers. I don't have time, I don't care. It depends on the products. But really I just swash it on.
Speaker 2: And when people show like dripping with the and touching the perpet to their face, you're just exchanging bacteria from your face onto the perpet that's then going into the product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't do that. Do never touch a perpet to your face. Don't even touch your perpet to your fingers. It's a dropper for a reason. It's meant to stay relatively Sarah speaking of her pets, Oh oh, what a segue. My step after my I cream at the moment. Many times in my life come and go, love, affair, break up because I can't afford it. This is the skin citicle Sea for a week Vitamin C serum. The price in twenty twenty six is two hundred and fifty eight dollars. Oh, it's gone up. It has gone up. Like every so has everything, but I will still buy this guy. So as the name suggests, it's a vitamin C serum. It's the world's best selling. It was paintent for a really long time. I am going to just contradict myself when I talk about how I apply it, because if you listen to the brand and this is good news, more is not better. You need three to four drops, you might have said, if you're watching before Kelly kind of put her serum on, rubbed it in between her hands, and then popped it all over. You don't want to do this with this guy, because you're going to waste the product and your hand doesn't really need the active I mean the backs of my hand definitely do it. Yes, so literally, I'll just do one, two, three, four like that and then I will sort of press it in again, only because I don't want to waste it on the palms of my hands. My under ice also love vitamin C and just on this serum in particular the brand Skinceuticals. Just to study about oxidization, because vitamin C famously oxidizes really quickly, and this is not in an airtight packaging. It's you know, a standard serum with a propette. They tested it over a longer period of time. Because we're told that if it goes mine's kind of middle of the road, but if it goes a brighter, deeper orange, that it's oxidized. That's not true. There's still active and stable. Ah, what I would normally do if I was well, I am me and it is today. I do have this. Well, it's not a breakout anymore, but it's you know, freshly healing, picked out pimple. So I really want to fade that beautiful, beautiful. So I would put a bit more vitamin C just on that guy, if you have an active breakout, though I wouldn't. Oh no, not an active breakout because acneic skin tends to fight with vitamins. Yes, you don't want to do that, which is closed over and it's just it's a post acne inflammatory mark, and so I would want to fade that. Having said that, I just said I listened to my skin. So my skin, I can feel it. It wants a little bit more. But instead of yeah, but instead of instead of going crazy at the start with my expensive serums or my active serums, I will do two layers. I learn it skin, and that's that's absorbed. Now your vitamin C should be tacky. You smell beautiful smells like ham. Your vitamin C is generally quite tacky when it sets because of the nature of the ingredients. And so I would just press a little bit more and so now I can feel that it's perfect and ready for my next stip.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to also, can you please put the lid on proper because it's making me anxiously.
Speaker 1: And now half my life I go, ah, it is gone, and she hasn't put the lid on. Uh they do.
Speaker 2: Skin Suticals have got a product called Silly Maarn, which is it's not silly at all, but it's actually made formulated for people with ACNEQ skin because it's got saluricilic acid in it. So it's a much better option if you are acnake. Yes, I've recently reintroduced the noturium barrier bounce back into my room routine. My skin needed it. It is one of my all time favorite products and nothing compares. It is forty five dollars. I just love it. I will show you the texture and I will try to describe it. I am going to miss my face again because there was a long I would never usually wait that long between steps, and now my face feels dry.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is your second serum.
Speaker 2: And I usually wouldn't spray because I would go in maybe a minute after I applied the nice cinamide or vitamin C stoure. But because your thinkin is dry, you want to keep it moist to get delay is going if there was a delay.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so you have to shake it. It is like a milky oil cristper cream, like glass. It looks like grass. So this is called a serum, but to me, it's so unique because it is.
Speaker 2: It is unlike that's what I mean. It's nothing lives up to this. It is so beautiful. It almost is like a thick.
Speaker 1: Serum oil hybrid.
Speaker 2: I just I used about one and a half pumps on my You don't need that much. I just really like a fair bit of it because once again, my skin's really drinking things up because it is so dry at the moment, and it is really really nourishing and so good for your skin because it's so repairing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have done my vitamin C. I've let that sort of sink into the point where it's tacky maximum two minutes. I'm then going to do a hydrating serum. Now, if it was summer, I wouldn't I go straining with my lightweight moisturiza, but my skin doesn't need it again perimenopause in the middle of winter, so I need a little bit extra hydration, but I don't want to go too full on in that my skin says no, thank you, and my makeup doesn't do what it's called. So this is the Biodoma Ultra Concentrate hydrating serum. It's relatively new, and because it's called ultra concentrate, you'd think it'd be really thick, but it's not. It's super hydrating, but super lightweight. I've done two pumps. It literally kind of when you rub your fingers together. I put it the tips of my finger tips. Again, it looks a gelf. It literally goes down to like a water cream. So with the vitamin C, I was quite specific and mindful with where I applied it. This is just a hydrating serum, so I truly just do like Kelly did before. You know, tips of my fingers are the top half of my hand, and then I just literally like I'm putting sunscreen on. I'm I'm not precious about this because it's not going to do any harm and also it's affordable and my skin like it won't if there's too much, I won't just sit there. My skin does drink it up. You need to try this if you haven't. It's very hydrating, beautiful. Oh it's super hydrating, but not super thick. Yep. Also quick note, Kelly and I both big advocates of educating people that your chin is not where your skin stops, and that your chest can read too. Having said that, ain't nobody using a Turndred fiftyell a serum on their chest. That's why I stopped my vitamin see at my neck. But what I would do here is a few pumps of a hydrating serum. And I might even miss that area first. But yeah, I kind of pick and choose watch what I want wear. And sometimes you winter, let's face it. I mean, I'm wearing a ten canal just to show you. But usually you would be dressed like me and not bother be here. Yeah, and then you get to the in the winter night else. Oh so that's where I would put my hydrating serum. Oh, see, are you already, I can feel my face feeling better. Next moisturizer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I tend to use something fairly like. I want it to be really nourishing, but I don't want it to be super heavy on the skin because I don't want it to pill under makeup, which is when it sort of goes all bally or your makeup start separating. So if that is happening, tend to look at what steps you're doing in your skincare routine because it more often than not is when you're prepping your skin.
Speaker 1: So this one's really really good.
Speaker 2: It's the Embryly Latchriam Multi Protection. This is one that a lot of makeup artists use. It can be some people just even use it as a primer. I wouldn't do that, a mask, a flash. You can even use it as makeup remover. It's also very good.
Speaker 1: Not that we would ever ever ever ever get a sunburn, but if you accidentally did, it's good for that. Oh, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: It's thirty three thirty nine for this tube, which is like a canting mill, comes in all different sizes. It's one of those like French pharmacy brands, but you can get it every well.
Speaker 1: Could warehouse. It's really good. So what I would do is how mutually got there? I think you had a twenty cent piece. No, I had about a ten cent piece. And now I've rubbed it on my hands and now I'm just putting it on my face all over. This is mesmerizing.
Speaker 2: I just feel like we're both quite You're less slap hazard, but I'm just.
Speaker 1: I'm very sapazard. I have a very small real estate. On my forehead. I have like a two head, which is so irritating because my hairline has always got skincare in it, and I just, yeah, I take too much, and then I can't get rid of it on my forehead because my hair goes creasy.
Speaker 2: Always excess on the back on your hands. Rub on the back of your hands, because your hands always tend to look older than what the rest of your body does because they get the most sun and.
Speaker 1: While you're driving a car, exactly your labor. Oh gosh, look at how nice. Look at your hands. Your hands look like they've had a facial. Oh my goodness, I forgot my I cream lay Oh No, I mean I do have more steps, but you go for it. I forgot my I cream. What a silly duff. It hasn't had an instant coffee Listen.
Speaker 2: It's got no label on it anymore. This is the Keels creamy eye treatment. It's sixty nine dollars. I would use, oh gosh, like I don't know, two grains of rice. Two grains of rice on the back of my finger. Then I press it between two fingers and then go and then press it in little like as if I'm playing the piano on the bottom of my eyes.
Speaker 1: Do do do? This one is.
Speaker 2: Just so good for the daytime because it plays so well under makeup.
Speaker 1: It really juices up that area.
Speaker 2: And then I don't go on my eyelid like Lee did, but I'll go around the orbital bone, so I'll go on my eyebrow. And then I always think, because the eye is a hot area, the heat from your eyes will draw product in. So that's why you don't need to apply too close to yeah I and still get the benefits.
Speaker 1: That's true. Product does travel towards the ie. So if you forgot it, is there a step that you would where would have you done that? If I wasn't here to annoy.
Speaker 2: You, I would have done that before my moisturizer. So I just it was only one step. But yeah, so that's where I would have popped that way.
Speaker 1: Are you doing still added on e if you forgot, because it's worth it. Oh goodness. Yes. So I've done my two serums and my I cream. I would finish before sunscreen with a lightweight moisturizer. Reason being is that, yes, my serum's hydrating, but it's not locking it all in, So I need something that's going to kind of close the door keep everyone in for the day. Great analogy. This is the newer intensive moisturizing milk. So don't let the word milk confuse you there or put you off because a lot of koreem beauty has so many hydrating steps. A lot of the milks will come early on near the essences. But this is actually your lotion, like your moisturizer. So I would do it's a huge bottle. Well it's yeah, I mean it's good value. That's one hundred and fifty mil oh beautiful, very lightweight barrier support. It's gonna lock everything in, but it doesn't have to be that sort of really thick. So I've done three pumps there. I do sort of start with good intentions and I sort of press it everywhere to make sure there's enough on my face, and then I kind of just mudge, if that makes sense. I can feel maybe because we're in the studio, my skin is drinking more products than normal. Same, isn't you it's the light my skin is. No, it's still so thirsty, but I wouldn't usually do more. Yeah, that's an interesting point, and not a lot of people are changing their scenario morning by morning or in a studio, but you do need to listen to your skin, if that makes sense. It's not going hello, but it is saying ooh, yummy, thirsty more so, I'm just putting some now on my chest that would have been enough for my neck and chest as well normally. Yeah, but you can kind of just tell if it's like modding more. Then, I finished my official skincare with a lip farm. Do you yeah? You doo look at U? Sorry, taptat tap.
Speaker 2: This is the I've talked about it a million times before. It's the Aumadic Image Skincare Balancing Lip Complex. It's so expensive, it's almost fifty five dollars, but it is just so nourishing. It's The best lip.
Speaker 1: Bum mine is the Redewal Advance PDR and Rejuvenating Lip serum. It's very thick for a serum. It is so nice. I think it was like thirty eight dollars. I bought it one of those Korean video websites after reading about it on Reddit, and I do not regret it.
Speaker 2: That will nourish my lips for the day. Like I don't need to reapply, but you would for fun. No, I actually wouldn't. I reapply my lipstick my lip color. But if I've applied this in the morning, I don't need to replay lip bum Wow. All right, Now we're going to put on our sunscreen, our SBF.
Speaker 1: This is very important. We're not going to show you which ones we're using because that's against TGA guidelines, but we are to show you exactly how much to use and how to get that much on your face without feeling like it's way too much. So the guidelines are very important, and they are A full tea spit of sunscreen for your face, neck and chest or just face is half a tea spoon. So Kell and I are both going to do that. Now we can't show you ourselves putting it in the t spoon because we're a dentist.
Speaker 2: We'll show it in there so you can see proof. Because a lot of people are you can't use that much, Well, we're going to show you. They need you to a shout out to Hannah English because she probably didn't invent it, but this idea is from her to use an actual tea spoons.
Speaker 1: She does that also very importantly to show that your foundation or your coverage product that has sunscreen and it can never be your primary sun care because you couldn't apply that much foundation, but sunscreen you can. It would be go awful, wouldn't it. So there is my tadah teaspoon of sunscreen. It's a little bit hard to hold up. It depends on the texture. Kelly's is a little a little bit runnye Kelly's is a little bit more runny than mine. Kelly, if you're not watching at home, Kelly's got a kind of a crew neck jumper on so she can't reach her full chest, whereas I am wearing a lower tank. So I'm going to put all over my face and write down my deck colletage.
Speaker 2: So and Lee's is now on the iPad. Good iPad always wear your sunscreen.
Speaker 1: All right, So, okay, that is a a lot of sunscreen. I always I'll see we scirt just a drop for me, luckaloo. So what I do is I pat mine on and sort of let it start absorbing. So when I put the right amount of sunscreen on, immediately it looks like and feels like it's way too much, but it takes a little while to absorb. I'll often sort of tap it, stiple it on all over. I always make sure I do my ears, the top of my ears, the back of my neck. Then I might clean my teeth, I might you know, do a dance, reply to a text message, and I find that when I come back to it even thirty seconds later, my skinners sort of started to absorb it. Then that's when I make sure I just work in the rest of it. Always the top of your eyel is right up through your hairline. Honestly, that's the most frustrating part. Again because of my hairline. But as someone whose father died of a melanime on the top of their ear, he can't say cut his ear off. That does sound a little bit morbid, but it's you know, it's those little extra steps you take and making sure you take it right to the edges. It will protect your beautiful skin. So would you say that now mine might have a full taste? Would you say, minds now fully absorb completely? Is mine? You look very librecation? Good, good, good. Well, on that note, we'll be back after this short break.
Speaker 2: So the end of every monthly master class, we are going to provide you with a cheat sheet, so kind of like a TLDR of what you've learned in the episode, what we've spoken about, or the key takeaways.
Speaker 1: Because although sometimes although we always try and be helpful, it can get a little bit confusing even when we're explaining it. Because no beauty routine is for everyone. One size does not fiddle, and we got confused ourselves when we were talking about ingredients we did. So kel if you were to summarize what you use in the morning or what your ethos is for your morning routine, what would that be?
Speaker 2: So I just would like to start off by saying, if you have watched this and gone one, two, three, four, five, six plus the spo, if you've watched this and gone WHOA, No one needs ten step skincare routine. No, you probably don't and you're like, I don't I don't want it. I don't want to pay for that. I can't afford it. Like, I'm going to just show you what a really simple skincare routine is. So if I was playing long at home and I just wanted the easiest skincare routine.
Speaker 1: I would cleanse me too. Then I would Can I have your Vitamin C? Yes, I would also use my Vitamin C straight up next, that's yep.
Speaker 2: So I just do one serum and a Vitamin C is probably your best bet in the morning.
Speaker 1: Moisturize, I would just do my sunscreen and I'm done. And quite often I just do cleanse, vitamin C soundscreen.
Speaker 2: I think that that's perfect. I would only add in a moisturizer because I've got dry, dehydrated skin. So if you want just to really cut back skincare routine, cleanse vitamin C, then either moisturize and sunscreen or just apply sunscreen if you've got combat or oil skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and oftentimes you know, sunscreens these days are quite elegant and have moisturizing properties exactly. But yeah, it's essentially clean and active. Usually a serum Vitamin C for both of us and then some sort of hydration. But we've both boiled down to vitamin C. Yes, we both don't use it all the time, but why have we both, in that very tight edit chosen vitamin C. The reason we both kind of nominate a vitamin C within that very sort of simple fast routine is that vitamin C, along with vitamin A, which you use at nighttime, are the two most single studied ingredients for efficacy and results. So retinol is a whole other category. We might do that in a nighttime episode if you want to see our nighttime skincare routines. But vitamin C in the moore was a lot, but vitamin C in the morning is a one stop shop because of what it does is it protects your skin and it pairs up with your sunscreen. The words get a bit jargoning, but it's an antioxidant that fights free radicals. Free radicals are the bad guys, and they just happen because you're alive. So pollution, stress, lack of sleep, even just sort of living poor die, everything that kind of happens to you from being alive, and then we can create more free radicals, you know, smoking, drinking, junk food. I don't like to smoke, nor do I, but you know, like I don't just eat bccoli all day long. And even if I did eat brocoli all day long, I don't sleep well. And I live in a city, and we all live in a planet with global warming, lots of pollution in the air. Yeah, free radicals are just what's occurring in the environment. Antioxidants good guy, free radicals, bad guy. They all day So he's kind of like your bodyguard for the daytime, which soundscreen.
Speaker 2: He suits a lot of people, Like if you're really sensity or achnaque, you might have issues, but most people can tolerate a spidamins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even then, you know, you do need to shop around. Skin suit or seaf is quite a well tolerated one considering how many people use it. It's the most popular one globally, although with that price, who knows for how much longer. But you can get more mild vitamin c's, you can get them in oil form, you can get lots of different types. But it's just a really fantastic ingredient to use in the morning that does a bit of everything. It's a little bit corrective, but very protective. So we would both kind of choose that if we had to choose one. Now, another question that you might be thinking, like.
Speaker 2: Do you seriously have to do that every single day?
Speaker 1: Of course, you don't have to do everything. You don't have to do anything, well like pay your taxes. I guess I'm got to work. If you've got a job, you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to do. And you know what, on a rotch day, when I'm just staying in bed, of course, I don't put anything on my face. I just stay in bed like this. But if you're going outside or near a window, yes you put your SBF on.
Speaker 1: I'd say arguably you're best off skipping your skincare routine in the morning, like Kelly said, unless you are going outside. SPF is the key there. But honestly, you can wake up and go about your life. I don't care if you've got crusty sleep in your eyes.
Speaker 2: I often come in me like I often won't do my skin care toll eve and get back from dropping off my son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going to the gym, so oh yeah. If I'm just at home or if I'm sick, I don't do a single thing. Unfortunately for me, I get very tired and cranky, even though I don't sleep and I most often would skip, if anything, my nighttime routine. Your nighttime is arguably more important, specifically if you've had makeup on or sunscreen on, because you do kind of want to wash that away, but also because your whole body repairs at night. That's why we sleep. It kind of shuts you down and then it goes. All the little workers go in and go fixed six stix, and your skin is part of that process. It's not just fixing the superficial. It's about kind of keeping you healthy, in alive, repairing the barrier, you know, making your whole being more robust for the next day and for the next forever. So if you can at least remove what you've got on at night. Back on one thing. Having said that, I sleep in my face probably three times a week. Like literally, whatever I've walked back in the door from, it might be from nothing from the whole day because I haven't left the house in three days. It might be a full day of you beauty recording. It's not ideal, But what I'm saying is I haven't died. Yeah, I am an expert with all the products, but at the end of the day. We're all humans, we're tired, we might not have the money, we might just can't be bothered. And that's okay.
Speaker 2: Do you know, even if I get home at three o'clock in the morning, I do my skincare, and I think I've been like that for a very long time. However, me doing my skincare might be an overnight mask or an oil. Yeah, I don't necessarily do all the steps.
Speaker 1: No, And I must say, you know, I've been in beauty for so long that I remember when face wipes were invented and we were like, oh my god, what a great step. You didn't have to get the cold and you have to do that. And then when I discovered my cellar water, which is essentially like a face wipe. My cellar water is full cloanth without water. You really don't have any excuse not to because I can literally by my bedside go and then fall asleep, and if I can, I will wack on a sleep mask or one and done sort of anything. So there's you know, there's ways you can simplify. If you just don't have the time, you can't be bothered, you don't have the money, you definitely don't need all these steps. It's mostly about protection during the day that sun's green, and nourishment and repair at the night.
Speaker 2: That's it for our first monthly master class. We hope you've enjoyed it, and well, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Well, it's nearly bedtime, so I'm gonna my sell on my soundscreen off that I just put on all She's a good girl when I got home and fall asleep with it, am like I know I do.
Speaker 2: But if you want to see our skincare routines at night, you've got to let us know. You can comment below. You can also comment any ques questions that you might have For our regular episodes. We'll be back as per normal programming on Friday, where we always answer two of your questions.
Speaker 1: And talk about more fabulous products. Exactly what else would you like to see in a masterclass? I mean, we've got some planned, but we're open to suggestions.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you want, huge deep dives or explanations, education, entertaining education.
Speaker 1: I know what they want. They want us to do a deep dive on French skincare, so we have to go to Paris. Thank you, Ubi's. We will talk to the boss. Oh in Korea Korean Beauty Okay, we're going to brainstorm, but thank you for joining us. As always, we'll see you regularly on Friday. Don't forget the U Beauty group, the Ubidy newsletter. We're on TikTok, We're on YouTube, we're on Instagram. You might have watched this on your Apple podcast app. We're everywhere and we'll see you soon. Bye. Mama Mea acknowledges the traditional owners of the land. This podcast was recorded on