Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast. Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on. Whoever said orange is a new pink with seriously.
Speaker 2: Disturbed laurels for spraying groundbreaking? Oh my god, you have to do it. You live for fashion.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Nothing to Wear, the podcast that solves fashion problems and levels up your wardrobe. I'm Lee Campbellin every week, I talk to an expert who helps us work out how to get more out of the clothes we already own and tells us exactly what is and isn't worth adding to our wardrobe. Style and confidence go hand in hand. But what if fashion feels intimidating, or out of reach or just not you. Maybe you're stuck in a rut, unsure of what suits you, or just don't have the budget all the time. Well that's where today's guest comes in. Donnie Allella calls himself the confidence Creator, and for good reason. He has over seventeen years in the industry and he styled every one from every day Ossie's to huge Hollywood celebrities, and he's proven through his work the great style isn't about trends or price tags. It's about feeling amazing in what we wear. In this episode, Donnie shares how to break through fashion fears, the styling trick that instantly boosts confidence, and some wardrobe essentials that give you a good outfit day what he calls God Donnie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it's been so long and we haven't had you on yet. Considering we're neighbors, we're friends, we see each other around all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, I ask first time guests two questions. Firstly, can you describe your own style in three words?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, I would say definitely tailored. Love a lot of tailored pieces. I feel there's an element of polished as well, and I feel confident my clothes are quite confident. So yeah, they're my three.
Speaker 1: That works perfectly with what you do for a job. But I agree you are always so tailored and polish, Like have you ever won tracksuit pants?
Speaker 3: I absolutely do. But I guess I really believe the power of clothes, and every day I'm helping people look and feel good. Yeah, and I feel if I've got to start that myself. Yeah, so that I can bring that energy to my clients.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, A theory that rings pretty true for a lot of people. We've got a wardrobe full of clothes, but there's a ten percent that we reach for the most what's in you or ten percent.
Speaker 3: I've probably got them on today. I mean a good tailored suit and whether you wear them dressy or wear it pair of down with some sneakers. But I love tailoring. And I've got so many suits, so many blazers.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, do you know how many blazers you've got?
Speaker 3: Must have at least over thirty. Yeah, And I love them and I put them on and I feel polished. I feel good finishes off my outfit. It's almost like putting on my Superman cape.
Speaker 1: Your amah, but in a confidence exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just put it on and it's like, I am ready. I feel good.
Speaker 1: I agree too with my blazers. I'm glad it's getting cooler now because it's just been too humid for me. I don't know how men do it. My poor husband half the time, I'm like, oh, your poor thing in a shirt and or a blazer. But blazers for women to just like add that layer.
Speaker 3: Of confidence a wardrobe essential definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of confidence in your Instagram bio, you say you're the confidence creator, So how do you do that? How is style and confidence connected?
Speaker 3: Obviously I have been a stylist for in over fifteen years, but in the last kind of year or two have kind of repositioned myself as the confidence creator because at the crux of what I do is a stylist, it's making people feel confident, and that is the power of clothes. You put on a good outfit, you look good, you feel happy, You're nice to the people around you. You know, so your partner, you're more productive at work. The benefits go on forever. So I just wanted to teach people the power of clothes and confidence and help women shop. I think we all have a bit of a comfort zone sometimes, so helping people get out of their comfort zone and look, there could be a celebrity or they could be an every day Aussie mum and it's really done wonders in terms of I think there's always a stigma with stylists. It's like, oh, I can't see a stylus. They're just celebrities, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the true fans inexpensive and they're going to take me to Chanel.
Speaker 3: It was like, no, I can literally take you to Target, Big w Quba, whatever your price range is. Of course you want to shop with Gucci, let's go to Gucci, but like, whatever your budget, let's go yes.
Speaker 1: And way of the transformation that you help with, I can imagine that's so rewarding.
Speaker 3: It is phenomenal, Like it's the power of having those core from clients afterwards, they're like, thank you so much. Like I've I've had more jeans for twenty years and now wearing jeans, I get calls from husbands saying, thank you so much, my wife, You're so happy now things in the bedroom are good again. I'm like, well, okay, too much information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the confidence does you know? It affects every part of your life.
Speaker 3: It is that flow on effect and you forget that you know you can have that impact on people and it's really really rewarded.
Speaker 1: And look, there is kind of two parts to your job, because you do a lot of beautiful celebrity dressing for events and stuff. But I think for the listeners here, it's probably more the everyday. Aussies that you're right, need help with the shopping because if they get the shopping right, then they can put it together when they get home. So what's the biggest blockers with confidence that we see or you see when it comes to fashion or your clients.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of us are stuckond a bit of style rut, and we go shopping, we come home and de handed. I think, what the problem is. You're going shopping and you're going to the same shopping center, you going to the same brand, You're going back to the same color, the same shape. It's your comfort zone. You're not getting the right thing. So for me saying stop, okay, let's look at clothes in a whole new way. Let's start. Let's work out what you need. Let's work out what are your best assets, what are the parts of your body you love. Let's celebrate that. Let's find clothes that make you feel good and celebrate your best assets. Then we've got the parts of our body we're not as confident with. It's like, all right, here are some styling tips and tricks that we're going to use to make you feel more confident about that. And it's just helping people get out of that shopping rut. And when they go shopping, they'll see shops in a whole new way. They'll go to shops they haven't been to. I think when you get into maybe your forties, your fifties, you kind of tell yourself you can't shop in particular shops yep, And you're making shopping hard because as soon as you get to that west Field you already said, well, I can't shop there. They're they're they're they're half your options are gone. So it's teaching women that you can shop in body or sports, go wherever. It is just going looking for the things that you want and need.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that, yeh, and just have a brows. You don't have to buy. But if you haven't been in there for one year, five years, ten years, go and see what it's like.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And sometimes you know, we have had a bad experience as a brand, and we're like, I'm never going back to that brand again because bloody shell all she ripped me off me. Can you give me the receipt? But forget about those bad experiences or those past perceptions what you think a brand is like, because brands are always changing and evolving and having new collections. So almost like, don't even look at the brands of the stores you're going into. Just go in with knowing what you want to buy, and forget about the brands that you're looking at.
Speaker 1: And just go in. So true because despite this job of mine, I go to my local shopping center and I know the stores there and I go to them same three. And you know, of course I do research for work and shop online, but even online I go to a bunch of websites that I go to far more than any others. So it's getting out and just going to places you haven't been. Absolutely, yeah, I want to go shopping with you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it now.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about a good outfit day, So we want to aim for a wardrobe full of God. Go d good outfit day. I love that.
Speaker 3: I always say to people, you want to have a God experience every day, and God is good outfit day. You wake up put on that God all day. You look good, you feel confident, you feel empowered, you own the room, you have good day at work, you happy with the family, And that's the power of a good outfit. And you want to create a wardrobe full of God outfits. Yes, so every day you can feel empowered and amazing and wonderful.
Speaker 1: That is the best acronym. I love it. I thought of GHD for good hair Day, but I like this related to fashion, yeah, exactly. Listeners to this show will have various problems or just want to hear various people like you experts, opinions on you know. It could be budget, it could be not knowing what suits them like you say, it could be something from their past or something they've told themselves. If they don't have a U to take them shopping, how can we help them if they can?
Speaker 3: So many ideas here. So the first thing I would say, I guess you need a sense of inspiration. So I say Pinterest is a good source in terms of working out what you like. So you know, I've got a few Pinterest pages and I'll go through and I'll pin things that I love. And then when you go back through your fold is you kind of be like, Okay, these are the things I love, These are the vibes, these are the shapes of the colors. I think it's great to have celebrity crushes and people style that you love. Again, go through those pages and be like, oh, I like cas she's done that that day, that I love these pieces, and start to get some ideas of your missing pieces of what you can buy to achieve those looks.
Speaker 1: So listen to start to get a common theme. Then, don't you If you've saved enough or looked enough, you're like, oh, maybe that's.
Speaker 3: My shapes and colors and things that be like, okay, this is what I want to shop for. But I think most importantly too, is know your own wardrobe. I think we're very much guilty of going out and buying lots of things. But know what you have, know what your gaps are. Have you got those top fifteen things that every woman should have in a wardrobe, because if you don't, that should be your starting point. Have those wardrobe essentials first. Got those great. Now we can get some trend items or some pieces that you know you might see some celebrities wearing, but actually go into your wardrobe first. Do the CuW get rid of the crap, get the weeds out of there.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's like gardening you. That's such a good Get.
Speaker 3: Those weeds out first. Then you've got to get the fertilizer. And then you can have that beautiful grown garden.
Speaker 1: True, because if you've got to, like I'm thinking of my wardrobe at the moment, if you've got a garden full of weeds, you know it's a mess. It hasn't been cleaned out, and I don't know what. You don't know what's there. You don't want to go and play in there. But once you've got all the weeds out, it's it's a joyful place because what's left is valuable.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. And then when shopping becomes so much easier because you know what your gaps are and you kind of got a bit of a plan. Now you kind of thinking, Okay, if I want to create that style of that celebrity, then I know I want to buy these pieces, and I've got all my essential pieces, and then you have this beautiful garden of clothes.
Speaker 1: I'm going to use that analogy all the time. So on that point of confidence, And you mentioned the essentials. I think you said fifteen. Is is that a been fast number?
Speaker 3: Pretty much? I think so, yeah, it's really condense you and have fifteen things you good bye. I think it's about fifteen essentials.
Speaker 1: And have you come up with that, I'm going to ask you what a couple of them are in a mimument. But have you come up with that over your years and years of taking real women shopping and what they're missing and then what fills the holes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So whenever I do any style session, we sit down for a coffee first before we hit the shops, and I'll actually say do you have these items? And we'll go through so you know, your little black dress, your white shirt, your pair of geen, your black planets, your black skirt, blaser. You know, if you don't have any of those, that is the first things we're going to shop forcause they become the cornerstone of your wardrobe. They are the glue, so anything else you buy will stick with that. You'll always have something to wear. Then when you're traveling, if you just pack those fifteen items or so, boys got someone That is.
Speaker 1: Such a good point when you meet with these clients. Is it often that they don't have them, or you know, enough combinations of them, or sometimes do they have just them? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Actually shocked at how many pieces of women don't have from those things because they seem so basic. You know, for example, a classic white shirt. Most people like, oh, white shirt, how boring.
Speaker 1: Not fun to shop. Four heats don't have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bill, I think where they If you work in a business world, it's like, no, a white shirt you could wear over a cozie, you could wear it open, over a T shirt, you could layer it. So I think a lot of people are missing those essential pieces. So when you shot for those and suddenly they've got them, it's a game changer.
Speaker 1: And now what about if those essentials are outdated? Not saying that we have to follow every brand new trend exactly. You know, I went through my black pants recently, and black pants are a classic and a staple, but some of them I was just like, you are not right for me anymore. So do we have to update our staples?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: You know, like, for example, you know, classic black pants you might have bought ten years ago. Right now you might want something with a slightly wider leg or a higher waist. Our bodies change over time. Right now, I need a high waist, So it's absolutely perfect idea to update your essential to everyone's in a while as your body changes or your needs change. Absolutely yeah, I know it. And jeans, I think jeans are one of those things that always kind of changing too. So it's always good to update your GM.
Speaker 1: But don't throw away your skinnies because apparently they're still coming back. I'm hearing you know what.
Speaker 3: I swear. If I got a dollar for every time I get asked and I used to wear my skinny jeans, I would be rich.
Speaker 1: And what's your answer, I say, if they.
Speaker 3: Make you feel good, keep wearing.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, if they make you feel confident, because.
Speaker 3: That's what fashion is all about. You know, I got to admit, these wide pants don't do a lot for us. They're adding bulk to our friends. So you know, if the skinny jeen makes you feel good, keep wearing that skinny jean, girlfriend, because seriously do it.
Speaker 1: And because that goes to show again why your service is so valuable, because confidence is different to different people, and confidence might not be you know, quote unquote looking cool if you don't feel good, if you feel silly, if you feel like it doesn't suit you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I always say, don't follow trends just because it's a trend. If you don't love it, don't follow it. You know, you have to love it. Your heart has to love it because when you wear it, you want to feel like you just feel with joy. So don't wear things just because you know someone else is wearing it.
Speaker 1: Getting a stylist can be intimidating or exclusive, but even fashion and you know, caring about what you look like can feel like you're vein or you don't know how. You know it's for the fancy people, But how do people shift that mindset to realize that everyone deserves to enjoy getting dressed if they want to, or enjoy shopping, or at least not hate it and be scared of it.
Speaker 3: I think one of my mantre has always has been is everyone does to look good and feel fabulous, and no matter your age, your size, of your shopping budget, I think that's really important. We all want to feel good, we want to feel happy, we want to feel confident, and clothes allow us to do that. We wear clothes every day. Like you said earlier, our arm are in life.
Speaker 1: It's illegal, not too unfortunately you know.
Speaker 3: This colony correct do what you want, but otherwise you were in clothes every day. So it is important to invest time into your clothes. Like think about how much money we put into our hair, our nails, our tans and that, and they're not really essential that the clothes are. Yeah, so if you just invested in the stylist once in your lifetime, or even just a stylish friend or you know, one of your gay mates who has a bit of you know, loves going shopping.
Speaker 1: Now, just to have better ones to go shopping with. I fine, because you don't both fall in love with the same piece and go. But I want to wear it to lunch on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And they'll tell you, and they'll tell you the truth, you know.
Speaker 1: So we've got a listener. Let's pretend this listener, or anyone out there, wants to feel more confident, wants to get the courage to care about what they wear or to go shopping. Where did they start. Let's pretend they're starting with a few key pieces, and we're talking about sort of now autumn, going into the cooler months. What would you say to look for in terms of shapes or colors?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think right now it's time to start getting refereed autumn. As you said, so must have is a great coat. I think a coat is an absolutely must have. A trench would be a great starting point if you don't have a trench. A beautiful wrap style coat as well, I mean cashme it would be the dream if you want to invest in a cashmere coat. So a good coat, a couple of beautiful knits. Obviously, it's all that layering. So some beautiful knits, and I think you want to keep warm in your lower halfs there's some nice pants or maybe a nice knit dress or something like that. So you know, three to four pieces that you can layer and that will get you through the cooler months.
Speaker 1: Okay, what colors are you seeing for this autumn?
Speaker 3: We're seeing a lot of beautiful, rich burgundiers and those beautiful deep reds, which are so gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I agree, they're pretty much fluttering on everyone.
Speaker 3: They are. They really are such a beautiful color. And so many different shades of it too.
Speaker 1: Okay, and brown, here's singing brown everywhere.
Speaker 3: I am seeing brown everywhere.
Speaker 1: I've always liked brown, and then I thought I hated brown, and now I love brown and such sheep.
Speaker 3: I'm so into this chocolate right, give it to me or shades, all flavors delicious.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: But again, as I said, it is a bit of a trend. So I wouldn't go out and buy a five thousand dollars brown coat. Good point. So this is where you know, invest in those essentials that we spoke about. But then the trend items like a brown coat that's maybe Azara or something like that. I feel like more affordable.
Speaker 1: Now you take people shopping for a living like hello, you spend other people's money.
Speaker 3: It's the dream.
Speaker 1: We're going to do some stores a bit later, and why in bougie and budget. But I want to know where do you take your clients? Where do you have the most luck. It can be expensive, it can be affordable, but perhaps they would normally go, oh I can't go in there, or oh I wouldn't go in there. Okay, tell me where you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So you know most ladies I'm peaking too. Obviously it's their local Westfield, So you know key stores to Cuba. For me, Strike Great is incredible, Like I think Greed. I'll always come out with handfuls of stuff, especially their genes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're basic. I think it's like d Luxe.
Speaker 3: Basic and Venim is the core of their brand. That's where they began. So when a client says, I don't have generl right to Cuba. Get the mecky gene.
Speaker 1: Oh what I need to google that one. Do you think that they've just better in the past few years as well? It's always been a good base.
Speaker 3: It's always absolutely really evolving. Their latest collection. Looking at it's so fashion like you've got all the fashion colors. So but they understand, especially the mum who just needs something that's stylish but yet practical and versatile. Dress it up, gool pickups, wear it out for dinner and that's what we want.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so we.
Speaker 3: Like to Cuba. This is a bit of a surprise one. But the last month taking clients to sports Girl, and you know, I'm taking women who are generally in there, like thirties, forties, fifty and like not going in sports Girl. And then when we get in there, amazing, like the beautiful two piece sets. I want to say, giving me other Ma vibes or the Lemon vibes without the price tag.
Speaker 1: And do you know why I love that? Because you were and I a similar age and there was a point where I saved up all my money to shop at sports Girl and then I haven't really been in there much lately, And yeah, I would think it's too young for me or whatever.
Speaker 3: They've got some great pieces of two piece sets Max. So like we have these preconceived notions of brands, you've got to let go of that and just shop everywhere. So they're doing some fabulous things Portman's right now. I've taken clients in there recently, some gorgeou stuff. I think we had ideas of Portman's being very suity.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely. It was definitely corporatety when all my friends were starting to be lawyers and I was starting out in media, and then I thought, oh well, I don't need a pencil skirt.
Speaker 3: But some of the dresses that they're doing at the moment, absolute phenomenal. Chic is another brand. I can always take clients in. We'll always walk out with bags and stuff. Forecast again Forecasts, very very under the radar, yes, but again always finding beautiful things in there with clients.
Speaker 1: Funny you say that, because I was looking for something to wear all fancy event lately and I was on the Iconic. Actually they saw it on the Iconic. They do have something phenomenal pieces, very expensive.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're doing some good things.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to pretend clients they've got a bit more money.
Speaker 3: Where are we going? Okay, So I think into that next kind of little shelf up Country Road of some beautiful things, some leather pieces that are just absolutely divine at the moment. Have you shopped in control a Look.
Speaker 1: There's a skirt I really want to leather, like almost like a circle skirt.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Will I get enough? We're out of it? No, I'll probably buy an inspired by piece, yeah, Country Road.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then I think, you know, if you want to start speaking at some gorgeous designers like me in a beautiful Alime two piece set just for something color. I'm all about color and prints that spark joy and Alime. I look at their pieces and it makes me happy. I don't know they just if you just had one piece, beautiful two piece set from alame gorgeous and they were just in a new white Lotus, alamee and is in them and both appear the new white Lotus, the designers a snag a piece before they prot price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like that you said two piece set because you're I can tell you're thinking versatility as a.
Speaker 3: Set where them are separates, you put them together. It's just easy. It's polished and people be like, oh Aliae, yeah, go girl, I love that.
Speaker 1: So, like I said before, you do have sort of two sides of the coin to your job. You dress what I would say, fancy celebrities and fancy you know, events, and then you more everyday people that aren't celebrities. Do they ever have anything in common? You know? Is it so weird or is it similar?
Speaker 3: Regardless if they are a list Hollywood celebrity or every busy mom, one thing they have in commedies. They both have insecurities. And we often look at these gorgeous celebrities and say, oh my god, they are perfect. They must be so happy they can wear anything. No, I feel they almost have more insecurities than every day people, maybe because they are in that limelight and they know there are millions of people watching everything that they do. But you know, it's just a great reminder that we all have insecurities, we all have things about our bodies we don't like. Really, it is any opener and eye.
Speaker 1: Open as good. I was gonna say, that's really nice to hear, which it's not, because I don't want anyone to feel that way, but yes, you can feel very us in them. And you know, we both are on social media and could sometimes. You know, our lives are very glamorous and not as glamorous as it less celebrities. But everyone is human.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, They're all humans. They have emotions and they definitely have insecurity as well. So regardless if it's a celebrity, every day mum, I'll always begin with a briefing session and chat to find out what they're comfortable in. Even a celebrity, I'll ask you, what parts of your body do you love them most of the parts that you may not like as much, And I factor that intout Bee, because if you're going to walk down a red carpet, I'll want them to own that red carp and feel amazing. Stuff. I'll put it in something that's hiding all their best assets and accentuating parts they don't like. You're going to see them walking down the red carpet like looking really nervous.
Speaker 1: And so it's the same for strutting into school pickup.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. You want to state school pick up and be like, damn y, yeah she looks amazing.
Speaker 1: So confidence is at the root of everything you do, no matter.
Speaker 3: Who it is, exactly, And I always ask those same questions right at the beginning. Doesn't matter if they're a celebrity or an every day month because I really want to get inside their head to understand how can I make them feel amazing, What pieces kind of put on them that they're just going to love and feel empowered.
Speaker 1: Totally, And back to your point before we all have to wear clothes every day. We don't have to spend a huge amount of money. You know, we can still be on a tight budget, but we can feel good.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very expensive. How wondred these twenty five percent?
Speaker 1: So we thought we'd do some stores already drilled you on that. But do you want to do that? Because I've got two not unexpected ones, but I've got a bougie store that I'm loving what they're doing for this autumn winter and a budget one.
Speaker 3: Okay, give it to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, My budget is Target because as we know, you know, Kmart had to glow up, Target had to go up. Big W's just had to go up. The Target's autumn winter range now is pretty phenomenal. All three of those stores I was in there the other day right are used to you know, I would always do a bit of Target, particularly having a son. Some came out in Big W but now all three of them. I'm going to the women's section and I'm blown away.
Speaker 3: It is amazing. Target. The other day I saw they've got a faux leather trench. Oh my goodness, it is just beautiful. And this hu's access through John if you got to that section. But I was.
Speaker 1: I bought forty dollars real suede loafers from Target. They're coming black and beige.
Speaker 3: They are killing much. They're very comfortable and define the men's section. I had a client she likes oversized blazers, and she bought some men's blazers from the Target section. So a lot of women love that there will be more size and unstructured.
Speaker 1: And I go thrifting all the time and look at them in section, but I never thought to go to cam up, Big W or Target. Man.
Speaker 3: Yes, so check it out. Don't sleep on that people. It is incredible.
Speaker 1: I've got to go and my bougie. You know, it's not outrageous, but it's more expensive than those stores. Is seed this season. I've always loved seeds, dip in and out. I find that there's summers maybe a bit too linen near for me. But like we said, the rich chocolates, the Burgundies, there's furry texture, there's velvet.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, love it.
Speaker 1: The suede. I am so back in love with seed. I'm saving up for a pair of shoes. They're not extremely expensive, but I don't need another pair of shoes. But I bought some fifty dollars Sunnies from them, their new autumn collection. They're just a big, simple sunglass but with sort of a It was called Rainforest. It's kind of like an olive green frame. And I've never had more comments on a pair of Sunnies and now fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Accessories really are the best way to up that your outfit. I must say, do you get to that point with you? I do yea, yeah, absolutely, because I think accessories are the frosting on the cake. And it's a part of the love of struggle with thought. Because we're busy, man, you're running around. It's like the last thing we have time adding those accessories.
Speaker 1: But it feels optional, but it's actually sometimes the easiest.
Speaker 3: And people know, I noticed your necklace soon as I walked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that was literally running back in the house because I was like, God, I basically so plain.
Speaker 3: It's like the frosting on the cake. And I really noticed that, so taking those few extra moments in the morn ad that frosting. But also like we're like magpies, right, we are literally drawn to anything shiny or blingy. So that's exactly what my eyes went to. So I always say, if you are feelings, they self conscious about you know, our tummy section, if you wore that nice big statementeering you've shifted the focus up here and away from our area of concern.
Speaker 1: True, and your handbag always fits, your sunglasses always fits you. It doesn't matter what your body's doing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So accessories always is the perfect way to finish off the outfit but draw the attention away from our areas of concern.
Speaker 1: So you I'll ask you where you're like shopping for accessories, then look, it can just be somewhere as affordable as Levisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they just don't wear things. Target even have some great things in their jeury section, and their bags are amazing as well.
Speaker 1: Levisa does a waterproof collection, which you think is you know, for summer and swimming and if you're going you're but I honestly just live in it and shower because I'm lazy and it does not tarnish.
Speaker 3: And all these really beautiful sculptural gold earrings that are at the moment to Cuba have them and they are like twenty thirty bucks and they are phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you can keep rocking that a way. Can you tell me we're anywhere else? Do you like to go shopping? Or am I really putting you off thee?
Speaker 3: No? I think I kind of nailed nailed.
Speaker 1: Do you do the big h and ms and Zara's Oh of course?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, yeah, I mean I think that I actually did a post the other day and it's kind of gone a little bit of viral. But I went into Zara and I was just horrified what was available, Like it was bad Boho, the Ruffles, the Prince. I was shocked. I was like a beginning April falls right that we're getting punked by Zara.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and very seasoned. Some stores are stronger than another.
Speaker 3: It does, but it goes through phases like I'll go back in a month and most of that stuff has probably gone and some new stuff will hopefully be better. Yes, and are of course always got some great things quite an especially around summer when they start doing their swim where their beach cover ups and stuff like that. Absolute chef's kiss, definitely, Donnie.
Speaker 1: Do you know what else I love about your philosophy. What I've taken from this is that confidence doesn't mean you need to have a lot or spend a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no.
Speaker 1: And that's just so relatable and so refreshing to hear.
Speaker 3: I think. I mean, growing up and Dad was a boiler maker, we didn't have a lot of money. I remember Mum would take a shopping and we'd get a best and lesson places like that. But as a young boy, I was always fascinated about pulling out fits together, watching mum a bit of a s interest making things and how she just add this finesse and polish to her clothes. Growing up having background, there's a saying called loudbella feel good, which means you try to look put together and nice, even if you just going to the local shops or just putting some effort in. And I think that's always just stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that makes so much sense because I can see you in forty years and you'll be the most polished old Italian a man a cafe. Yes, honestly no, you're such a joy to all Australian women that you help shop and around the world. What's your Instagram handle?
Speaker 3: It is just at Donnie Gillella Easy.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining me, Thanks for having me, Thanks for listening to Nothing to Wear. Don't forget to sign up to our Nothing to Wear newsletter. There's a link in the show notes that hits you in box for free. This episode was produced by Grace Rooverray with audio production by Lou Hill. This podcast is powered by our subscribers. If you believe in independent women's media and want to support us, a subscription to muma Mia costs less than the price of a coffee each month. There's a link in the show notes and a big thank you to all our current subscribers.