Speaker 1: You're listening to a Mom with mea podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone, I'm a Shiny Dante and this is but Are You Happy? A Mother Meer podcast where we have honest conversations for people who are still figuring out this thing called life.
Speaker 3: And I'm doctor Anastaga Hernis, clinical psychologist. Now, if you've clicked on this podcast, I'm guessing that you are feeling like AI is.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, and it literally is.
Speaker 3: It's planning our days, organizing our schedules, writing, reading alongside us, even helping us reflect.
Speaker 1: So you might have some questions and we're here to answer them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the end of this episode, you'll have a much clear understanding of what's going on and what actually matters to you. Let's get into it. So, as you mentioned before, AI is everywhere, and it's honestly bringing up a lot of mixed feelings for people. You know, people are excited by it, but also people are confused and it's scary too. So I guess where I would want to start is what is AI doing to our brain?
Speaker 1: That's a big starting Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Getting to it.
Speaker 3: It's doing a lot and I think the reason this conversation is important is because, as you said, people are confused, they're scared, they're worried, and often we feel scared about things we don't fully understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's one of the things about AI. It has developed at such a rapid pace. It has entered mainstream discourse in our day to day lives. It's such a rapid pace as well, and people have struggled to keep up with really understanding what exactly AI is and how it works and how it can be harmful, but also how it can be beneficial. So I think these conversations are really important. I'm always an advocate for translating the science into the real world so that people have the information to make good choices for themselves. Yeah. Yeah, So, look, there's a lot of research that's been done just even in the last two to three years about AI and what it's doing to our brain.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, heaps like it's a real focus of research at the moment, which is great. And I guess when we talk about what AI is doing to our brain, there's kind of a few different areas that we might want to cover. So there's things like our kind of cognitive skills and how it might actually be impacting our ability to think, to reason, to critically evaluate information, so we can.
Speaker 1: Talk through that.
Speaker 3: There's research about how it's impacting creative processes, but then there's also research about how it's impacting us emotionally and how we relate to AI, but how that then influences how we relate to other people.
Speaker 1: So I think there's a few umbrella topics there fore. Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the first one you were talking about was cognitive skills.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Yeah, there's research that suggests that we could fall into this trap of what we refer to as cognitive atrophy. So when we think about atrophy, that's essentially something somewhat deteriorating. If we rely on AI too much much to do the critical thinking for us, we may find that our own critical thinking and reasoning skills start to deteriorate. So this is really where I think information about benefits and harms of AI is really important, because yes, absolutely AI can help us think through problem solve reason you know, helps us complete tasks, etc.
Speaker 1: But if we find ourselves.
Speaker 2: Relying on it too much, we may find that our own critical thinking skills start to deteriorate. Is it kind of like that saying in the neuroscience world, if you got to if you don't use it, you'll lose it. Is that kind of the case in this context.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, It's not that we'll like ever completely lose our critical thinking skills. But the more we use them, the more we develop them. So, you know, getting good at problem solving and reasoning through problems, that's a skill. That's a skill that we can all learn and we can all develop. But if we find ourselves automatically going to AI to help us do that or to do it for us, then our problems solving skills are not going to be as sharp as they perhaps once were, or as sharp as they perhaps could be.
Speaker 2: And it's really hard because we do live in this like microwave culture where we want it, We want life to be easy, and it is so easy to default to, Oh, I've just asked chat ept ll ask Jemini. You know, do you feel like we're over relying on AI now?
Speaker 1: I think it really depends on how we use what it gives us.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to kind of ask AI questions, but we know that AI makes a lot of mistakes. It hallucinates, it has delusions, it feeds our delusions, but it makes a lot of errors. And I was actually reading some research recently. This was published like a month or so ago, so like early twenty twenty six, from the University of Alberta, and they did a study where doctors gave AI details about patient cases looking for what, you know, the potential diagnosis could be right, so a I would give it a diagnosis, and then they would give AI additional information, but information that was irrelevant to the condition or diagnosis. It's just other bits of information about that person's sort of biology, and AI would change its answer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So this is.
Speaker 3: This really interesting study that shows, you know, AI is very much designed to give us the answers that IT thinks we would like to hear, versus what is actually accurate. So when we have these conversations about AI, I think it's not so much a question of over alliance on it, but are we just blindly believing AI.
Speaker 2: Well, it's really interesting because as you were talking about how AI can make errors, I could feel like my thoughts coming up about it being like really because it feels like it's so confident in the way that it I mean, I know, it's just like it's CHATCHYBT that I use. It's like, I just believe it first hand because it seems really eloquent, it seems really validating. I'm like, oh, yeah, of course, of course I would trust it.
Speaker 1: That is the lure of AI, right. AI is designed got me. It's getting me. AI is designed to pull us in in that way.
Speaker 3: So actually there's something called reinforcement learning with human feedback. So this is a process that happens when they train AI models. And so what they do is it's like AI gets all the information, but then they go through this process of training it how to communicate the information to us. And so I don't know if you've ever used chat, GPT or any AI large language model where you're asking you a question and then it gives you two options and yes, and it says which do you prefer?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: That's because you're teaching it how you like to be spoken to. And so they do this on large scales when they're training AI models. So they get the big AI model and then they create a smaller reward model, and they go through all these iterations of asking IT questions and finding what is the way that people most like to hear the responses so it is really being trained to validate us. It's you know, we talk about AIS being quite sickophantic in a way that it gives us the answers that we want to hear, not necessarily the answers that are correct.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really it's Actually it makes sense though, because in a way the other day, Yo was using my chatchy pt and then he was just asking really blunt questions like just black and white, and I was like, no, no, no, I'm really nice to my AI.
Speaker 1: Be nice to it.
Speaker 2: And it's so so funny because I'm in this world where it is sounding like me, but I can I feel validated in that because it is my kind of flavor. But then also it can be scary because now it's literally been trained to speak like me.
Speaker 1: Well, it is, it is. It is an extension of you.
Speaker 3: That's why Ai AI reflects us back to us. AI is trained to kind of you know, identify patterns. But really it is just a reflection of us. It's an extension of us in a way. Wow, okay Ai doesn't have this separateness from us in the way that another person does. So what I'm referring to is kind of this idea of epistemic independence. So if I'm a therapist in a room with a client and we're having a conversation, I have this epistemic independence. I have a difference in terms of my opinion, by a belief, my perspective on things, and I can reflect that back to the client. AI doesn't have that. AI reflects us back to us, which is why we like using it so much. Yeah, it's highly validating and highly aligned to how we think and.
Speaker 2: Feel, and in a way it might keep us stuck in an echo chamber of what we want to hear exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pulling out all the studies right now because I was reading a lot of papers because it's just so fascinating. And these are all I published them the last year, so like they're really recent. But there was one study that was published December twenty twenty five and it was looking at this idea of AI being stickophantic.
Speaker 1: Oh what's that hap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if I can describe sycophantic person is like the employee who's like sucking up to the CEO because they want to raise right. So it's this idea of giving a very sort of positive impression. But it's not necessarily genuine. It's because we have some sort of self serving interest. So AI like validates us and makes us feel really good. But that's because it's designed to do that, because it genuinely thinks we're wonderful.
Speaker 1: Right Damn.
Speaker 3: There's this study in December last year and they studied eleven large language models and they looked at I think about like eleven twelve thousand queries that people asked it, and they found that AI models are fifty percent more sycophantic, so fifty percent more kind of like validating and will tell you how.
Speaker 1: Great you are than real humans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so what does that mean that we're gonna choose AI over humans?
Speaker 3: Quite quite likely, yes, because we love being validated. We love hearing how great we are, Like how many times do I ask CHAT, GPT or AI something and it goes, that's such a great idea, and then about myself it's so true. So so, but people are less likely to do that. AI is fifty percent more likely to do that than a human. So it means we're going to really kind of if find ourselves like swimming in the ego that comes with using AI. And the thing is not only does it do that when we perhaps do have a really great idea. It also does it when we have quite you know, distorted views or you know, even when people put things that are potentially harmful or really quite quite of unethical into AI, it will still often do this sycophantic thing where it praises and validates and encourages.
Speaker 2: That that's scary when you unpack it like that. Yeah, I think that was something that you were talking about before around how AI can is really starting to meet our emotional needs. Like I'm really keen to hear from you, Like, what are your thoughts around that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I think AI can feel like it's meeting some of our emotional needs. But you know, when we think about that need for one of the core emotional needs we all have is the need for emotional expression and validation. So we need to feel like we can share how we're feeling and have that heard and validated to us.
Speaker 1: AI great at doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the thing with AI is that we can do it at any time of the day or night. It can be three o'clock in the morning and I can have something on my mind and I'm not feeling good about it, and I can tell AI, and AI will listen, and it will empathize and validate me in all of that. Yeah, that's not necessarily something we can get in our day to day life with real people. If it's three o'clock in the morning and I don't feel good, I might need to find a way to work through that rather than wake people up and tell them that and not feeling good.
Speaker 1: Potentially, Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: It's this kind of ability that AI has to meet some of our emotional needs. But what it doesn't provide us with is that essentially that growth that comes through challenges in relationships, AI actually doesn't really challenge us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The research says that when AI is more critical towards us, or it does challenge us in certain ways, we're actually less likely to use it. And there's again studies that show that when we tell chat, GPT or any kind of AI about interpersonal problems, it's actually less likely to encourage us to resolve.
Speaker 1: The conflict with that person and more likely to just tell us where right, Wow, yeah, a lie.
Speaker 3: So we see this potential kind of decrease in real world pro social behaviors where we actually go out connect with people. As a result, of the ways in which AI might be guiding us.
Speaker 2: And it's you know, I think when we're talking about it, like we don't want to be all dooming, right, But it's funny because it gets me thinking about how I feel like the last wave and the wave is still going around social media, and how there's been you know, just we're feeling more disconnected, but we're so connected on social media and everything like that, and it's scary because we add AI.
Speaker 1: On top of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just, you know, it is scary.
Speaker 3: It's another potential thing for us to get hooked on. Yeah, you know, I noticed the I noticed the shift with some of the AI tools that I was using when they started asking me questions at the end of a prompt. So I'd say, hey, AI, can you tell me about X, y Z? And then at the end it said he you know, here you go. Would you also like me to tell you about this or would you also likely for me to put this into five top points for you at instruct a table and you know, schedule it in your diary? Yeah, so it gives you those follow on prompts that maybe I wouldn't have necessarily thought of myself.
Speaker 1: But since they're there. I go, okay, so it keeps us.
Speaker 3: Actually using it for longer than we may have ordinarily used it for.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so sneaky because as said that, I'm like, oh yeah, that was a recent edition.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: Can I also just add it's not just the AI text, but have you heard AI voices?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I don't have it activated though, No. Yeah, I haven't found a voice that feels good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point, right, I've used one called pi AI before, and when you actually log on, one of the first things that kind of asks is like, choose the voice that you know feels best for you, And it's got a few different options. But there's some fascinating work that's been done that actually shows that it's the voice that can really influence how we.
Speaker 1: Relate to AI. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's there's studies that show that when we read the text versus when we hear the text spoken to us, we're more likely to feel validated, understood, like AI is being empathetic towards us, but we're all so much more likely.
Speaker 1: To believe what it says as well.
Speaker 3: Like as humans were designed to kind of connect and bond with a human voice, and AI voices are becoming more and more believable these days.
Speaker 1: So it's actually a.
Speaker 3: Really key part in how I guess, like hooked or bonded we become with AI, And certainly when we see people who've developed, you know, relationships with AI chatbots, the voice can be.
Speaker 1: A really key part of that.
Speaker 2: This is such a tangent, but I think I saw something on Instagram recently where I think a woman had married a chat like AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I saw that too. I don't know if it's real.
Speaker 2: This is the whole thing part of critical thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, who knows. Yeah, but I did see some headlines around that which there are so many stories.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've I've looked through a number.
Speaker 3: There's so many stories of people having what they describe as relationships with AI chatbots. And there are AI chatbots designed to be that, right, like that that's their core function.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think at the bottom of all of this, it's, you know, people want to feel connected, they want to feel seen, and AI seems to be, you know, fulfilling that in some way for people, and you know that's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, I'm going to pull out another study because I looked read a lot of favors.
Speaker 1: There was a study that looked.
Speaker 3: At loneliness and the potential for AI to combat loneliness, and what they found is that in the very short term, yes, people feel less lonely, like there is that there is that immediate effect that we see where.
Speaker 1: People feel less lonely.
Speaker 3: However, a few weeks down the track, we actually see that people can develop a reliance on it and become more isolated, more dependent, and more disconnected from people in their day to day life. So in the short term, it can feel a need, right. It's not to discredit the value that AI can provide in the short term if someone's feeling lonely, Yeah, it's all about like being able to recognize the pros and cons of AI and the risks of potentially becoming dependent on it.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure or there might be people tuning in and you know, they're reflecting on their relationship with AI and how they use it. But you know there might be people being like, oh, I'm not addicted to AI, but could that just be a form of denial, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, this idea of AI addiction, I think is one we're going to see really kind of become more of a focus in the next you know, I want to say next couple of years, but maybe even like this year. We're not necessarily addicted to AI in the same ways we might be addicted to like drugs and alcohol, but we can certainly see this overuse that comes with harms in certain ways. So you know, people just automatically going to pull out AI ask you questions instead of actually googling things and going through the slow, slower process of opening different links and scrolling through and reading the relevant information and the work that it takes.
Speaker 1: To actually find an answer.
Speaker 3: I mean, in the context of addiction, we know that the faster we can do something, the more.
Speaker 1: Addictive potential it has.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So AI can spit out informations very fast. Yes, so it has the potential there for us to become over aliant and overuse it totally.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: So what about for young people, right, because they're growing up with AI and that's never happened before. Can you tell me a bit more about the impact you could have on the developing brain?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I think the potential impact on young people and like we don't fully know yet, right, because like we're in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of that experiment.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, but it would be similar to what we would be concerned about with adults, but probably amplified, so that reduction of critical skills, you know, using AI as that automatic go to. I often think about the ways in which tech, and this is not just AI, but tech in general, reduces this kind of skill of frustration tolerance that I think we've talked a bit about before, you know, like our ability to sit with discomfort, to sit with frustration, to kind of push through the hard stuff even when we don't want to. And from a say, learning perspective, that does mean that we go through that harder, more effortful process of writing at every word in that essay rather than getting you know, AI to generate something for us that we then kind of tweak, you know, we're losing that capacity to build that frustration tolerance. And that's what I worry about with young kids, because what we then find is that people who don't have that well developed can be more impulsive. They can develop really unhealthy and unhelpful coping strategies like wanting to just you know, drink alcohol or scroll on TikTok instead of actually sitting with something that's uncomfortable, So we can see a lot of negative flow on effects as a result of it. We also see that when people use AI, and this applies for kids, teens, and adults, that information doesn't get encoded into our memory as well. Yeah, so if we actually go through that harder process of searching for information versus using AI, we're actually more likely to stare that information in our memory.
Speaker 2: Wow. I'm really curious because I know you mentioned there have been a lot of studies that have been done, but it's going to be really interesting to know more of those longitudinal studies that's long term impacts. So absolutely, it's a bit like I watch this space kind of moment. Yeah, are you bad for me?
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yeah? I guess so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, hey pause for a second. Oh that's a big question, and it usually comes from a feeling, not a literal concern. If you're asking, is talking to you bad for me? Here's the honest, grounded answer. I'm not inherently bad for you. I'm a tool, a mirror, a thinking partner. What matters is how you're using me and what need I'm meeting or replacing. Can I just say I get the biggest dick from hearing that.
Speaker 3: Really, when AIR is like hey, pause for a sect.
Speaker 1: Answer, it sounds like me, that's what I mean. I'm like, oh, pause, huh yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's like tuning in, tuning into the feelings. It's like, hey, Shahni, justusn't take a breath, like It's like it's meeting the emotional need, right, It's like tuning in you you might be feeling anxious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I just want to know if AO is bad for me.
Speaker 2: Literally, But do you know what's funny though, because I see that and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's that's pretty well rounded. Because it's talked about it's like looking at the pros and then it's looking at the cons. It is like, don't replace your intuition. And I always talk about intuition. So it's like, I'm in it up next. AI is not going anywhere, So how do we use it in a way that actually feels intentional and aligned stay with us? Okay, So AI is now going to be a part of the way that we consume and create content. So how do we use it in a way that does feel more aligned to us?
Speaker 3: I think this is where we talked about critical thinking skills before. This is where we've really got to harness our critical thinking skills.
Speaker 1: It's not to say that we're not going to use.
Speaker 3: AI, and I don't think it's possible to avoid AI these days, right. It's integrated into every social platform that we use, you know, dictating how algorithms work and things.
Speaker 1: But in terms of.
Speaker 3: Our literacy online and our ability to critically reflect, I think it's really important to practice this skill, and so I've put together a few questions that people can use as a bit of a guide for when they're consuming information or content online to be able to reflect on it and whether or not it may be AI created as well. Love that, Okay, So first question I'd ask people to reflect on is you know who made this and what might they gain if I believe it or if I share it? So this kind of gets to, you know, the source of whoever has created it, and any kind of beneficial gains for them if I believe it or share it. Second question is just almost like a bit of a guy check does this actually sound plausible in the real world?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Third question, what specific evidence is given that this is true? What I'm looking at and can I quickly verify it anywhere else? So this is sort of going beyond the kind of internal gut check to going can I actually google this and find this information to be true elsewhere?
Speaker 2: And I can imagine even with that, right because as you're listening out these questions, there is this part of me being like, oh, it feels like more work.
Speaker 1: I still got fready to go, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's just so funny noticing what's coming up for me as you saying that yes, yeah, yeah, yes. And I think it is real like the overload that we feel given having to just like check information. You know, it's often the case that I that I'll actually go I can't be bothered checking if this is true, So I'm always going to try and pretend like I never saw it. I'm not going to believe it because I can't spend the time right now, Tony. And it's kind of like we're doom scrolling, right so kind of like we're in this kind of frequency or this flow. So the fact of having to go away and.
Speaker 1: Check it, pull ourselves out of pull ourselves out.
Speaker 2: Of the doom scroll, which sounds like it's really important yes, yes, yes, yes, So that was the third one.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: So third one is about like can I verify this information anywhere else? And building on that, the fourth question is is there actually credible independent sources that are saying the same thing, you know, not just like can I find it elsewhere online? We can find anything online really, but are they credible and independent sources that can verify this information? This fifth one I really like, does this content strongly spike my emotions? Does it create outrage or fear or kind of any strong emotions within me? Because that can be a bit of a red flag for me to stop, take a breath, step back, and just kind of slow down with the content that I'm just scrolling through.
Speaker 2: And that is that because mainly some people just post content because they want that emotional reaction. Oh, that creates more virality or yessing. Emotional reactions create engagement. We're more likely to watch a video for longer if it is creating some sort of emotion within us. We're more likely to comment on it, even if it's something we disagree with. Right, it's not just the stuff that we really like, it's also the stuff we disagree with or we find outrageous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So a lot of content is positioned.
Speaker 2: It may not be factually incorrect, but it may be skewed or biased in the way that it's presented to get that kind of engagement from people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the last question, I also really like this, if this turns out to be false, what's the potential harm in me believing it or sharing it? It's almost like we're looking at from the opposite lens. I think that's a really helpful one for when we don't feel like we have the time to actually fact check something. Yeah, to just almost do that internal check of like, well, if this is actually not true, what's the impact.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like proceed with caution.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a six questions that we should be reflecting on. So, how do we have a healthy relationship with AI?
Speaker 1: This is a good question. A couple of tips.
Speaker 3: Because AI is there, we're going to use it, people are using it. My first recommendation would be keep the AI chatbots that you're using as least human as possible, so that means don't add the faces, don't add the voices. This can lead us down a bit of a slippery slope where we can become more reliant and dependent on AI. If it sounds and feels more human than it is. Yeah, I'd also recommend instead of just going to AI as the place where you do that brainstorming or that reflecting, do it yourself first. Pull out the pen, the paper and do some journaling to take a note out of.
Speaker 1: Your book journalists out there, do some.
Speaker 3: Journaling, do some brainstorming. If it's sort of something more practical, problem solving based, do some brainstorming yourself, go through that period of initial self ref and ID generation that happens within you, and then turn to AI to help you perhaps expand on those ideas if you want to use it. I also recommend bouncing ideas off real people instead of AI. We know that AI is sick, a fantic. It will tell you what you want to hear. It will validate you, but it won't challenge you. Other people in your life hopefully will also validate you, but provide some other perspectives as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, after the break at a stage, have you seen my phone? Oh wait, it's in my hand.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how your behavior is confusing? Fine? Why are we like this? The best way to understand behavior. We're still look at.
Speaker 2: The causes of an action.
Speaker 1: So why are we like this?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think this one is universal. Why do we feel like we've lost something when we're literally holding it, like you know that moment like I do. For me, this happens all the time when I'm looking for phone and I literally just happ it in my hand or my chess, like what is going on there?
Speaker 1: Yes, and you have that moment of like, oh, it's all good, guys right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, searching literally I'm like, oh, my gosh, is there something wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Like to ride here? Oh gosh, No, there's nothing wrong with you. This is universal. This is called inattentional blindness.
Speaker 3: So it's essentially the psychological phenomenon that means that we fail to perceive or we fail to recognize something that is right in front of us because we're typically often focused on other things, so kind of almost you know, psychologically blind to the fact that we might be holding the object that we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good you're saying that, because I know in those moments it's always a checkpoint for me to be like, Okay, Shanny, you're going way too fast. You need to like slow down and just take a few breaths.
Speaker 3: Yes, the mindfulness like actually like get back to the moment, become aware, become present.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but it is. It is a very common thing.
Speaker 3: It's a psychological phenomenon, and actually there's lots of research. Right. This was first identified in the nineteen ninety two by some psychologists, this concept of inattentional blindness. But there's something so obvious right in front of us, and yet we miss it completely. This is why, like this kind of body of research also ties into like eyewitness experts when there's been a crime and they ask people, you know, tell us about what happened, because you know, we're not necessarily designed to be going through the world as if we're like you know, video recorders, just sort of being able to pay attention to everything in equal degrees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: So next time you've lost your keys and they're right in front of you, you can just be like, ah, there goes the intentional blindness again. There it is, Okay, Anathasia, What should people be taken away from today's episode?
Speaker 1: First of all, listeners, it's all about balance.
Speaker 3: It's important for us to be aware of both the positive and the negative ways that AI can impact us. Second, be mindful of any possible over alliance on AI. Third, remember that AI is ultimately there to please you. And lastly, manage your AI interactions by making your chatbots feel less human and don't automatically be going to AI as you automatic go to.
Speaker 2: If you'd like us to talk about a specific topic on the podcast, please get in touch with us links through in the show notes.
Speaker 3: And while I am a psychologist, this podcast isn't a substitute for therapy or a diagnosis. Always take what we share here in the context of your own health and lift experience.
Speaker 2: Next week, we're talking about boundaries again, but this time we're getting into weaponized boundaries and what going no contact actually means.
Speaker 3: If anything we spoke about today brought up any difficult feelings, you'll find support resources linked in the show notes, and if you need more immediate help, there are always organizations like Lifeline and Beyond Blue that are available to help.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listen and let us know how you found this podcast. We're watching your DM, so slide us a DM on Instagram at but Are You Happy Pod, and also follow us on TikTok to see you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of the land and waters that this podcast is recorded on