Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is a platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly, The best and worst days will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar. Seize the ya is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way. It's been a long toy Toys, Chemo, It's already begun. Where is that from? Taoum? Where do we get that?
Speaker 2: No will and grace towel? Yeah, he does his party a fucking paw.
Speaker 1: That's one of ours, and then the other one is I want to dance with somebody? Have we spoken about this on the show before? No matter where we are in the world like I've done. I did it in the UK, in a castle on a different time zone to you. We will FaceTime each other and you know when I FaceTime you, that's the only reason I ever Yeah.
Speaker 3: With a FaceTime singing.
Speaker 1: Achieve the other week and no, but you sent me the video.
Speaker 3: Yes, the other thing we do.
Speaker 2: We am the success right of us actually picking up about one so we just recorded it a cup but no.
Speaker 1: What's hilarious is when one of us does answer. One of us is at a wedding, like fully doled up out on the dance floor, and the other one is in there pajamas in bed, or you're with your housemates.
Speaker 3: Las just picked up and they were like, and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: You were dancing and hung up and they're like, I was like, without context, that.
Speaker 1: Looks so strange. And one of us can't hear anything, like.
Speaker 3: The one, the one dancing, it's like.
Speaker 2: And the other one's like hi, and you're just like and I'm like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: You do the thumbs up. Oh my god, my so lame we go. It has been a long towel.
Speaker 3: Lovely to see you. I actually physically haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I know how long has it been since that last episode?
Speaker 3: Actually like one day.
Speaker 1: No, it's been since. I haven't seen you since Sydney, so that actually means that, yahborhood, if you were at the Sydney event, I have seen you almost more recently than I.
Speaker 3: Seen It's been a busy time for both of us.
Speaker 1: It's been a busy towel. We said that every time, but every time it's almost April.
Speaker 3: I can't speak like a nor human. I need to stop April.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we did, well ied, I need to stop promising, and it just acknowledged that I'd never keep my promises. I promised a sort of wrap episode on our in real life events, which were I still don't have words. I hated how I always say I don't have words and then I proceed to give you lots of words. But I really was at a loss for words. They were the most special return to in real life events. And now I think our Melbourne one was like a full month ago. Yeah, so oh yeah, I feel like it was one two. Sydney was two weeks three. Melbourne was nearly four weeks ago. Valandine's was a Valentine Yeah, that was right. So we had that, and then we followed it up in Sydney the week after. And again I hate when Instagram people say due to popular demand or like so many people asked in my dms, but literally so many people asked us to come to Sydney. So we booked it the week later and that was the most fun. And then I've had a little bit of an ata since, a bit of a Surger Rooney, bit of a tough time, and you were away, and so I did not fulfill my promise, but I was Bermuda.
Speaker 3: Presents to do what you please.
Speaker 1: And for those who don't know Bermuda, I think we've again. I feel like if you listen to the show, you know our language. By now you know Bermuda. You know what else do we have that people know that they know player people actually talk to me about in real life.
Speaker 3: Also, I was just gonna ask you, is Bermuda something we made up? Or is that everything?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I think when people get lost, like obviously you are in the Bermuda triangle and then we just made it into emotionally Bermuda.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know, I'm not going to text you, I'm not available, Okay, I was, but old mate, like my old mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like person, yeah, my lumley, your lom lay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your lumlay, your lummel. Yeah. It was like, we need to explain that. Also, it's love of my life?
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 4: Also?
Speaker 3: I thought, it's it's like I have makes sense?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? How do I know that I do live on the We say is.
Speaker 3: A bourgeois version.
Speaker 2: At the end, we just add anyway, yeah, message me yesterday goes by the way, I'm just gonna have a Bermuda day tomorrow, just for you to know.
Speaker 3: And I was like, of course any time.
Speaker 1: But I was like, did she get that from us or did she get that because normal people?
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was asking you. I was like, is that is that a common thing or did or is she just being really.
Speaker 1: Attentive and know that we I think she's been really attentive because I don't know anyone else. I think they would understand without explanation if we said I'm just in Bermuda, they'd get it. But I've never heard anyone else she.
Speaker 3: Said I'm having a Bermuda datis Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've never heard anyone else. And has also started doing this thing where whenever anything is cute, like oh she says and I think she's saying Paul and she's not. Paul is also right next to us today we're recording from home. Anyway, Sorry it had I was Bermuda. We have had a little hiatus. It was like episodes still came your way. Australian First Stories, best episode. Loved it so much. Shout out again to Lauren Harney, who got us onto Australian Bad Stories, is the biggest fan girl and got married. I know my child got married since then, which is so exciting. So a lot's happened. But I do apologize for not getting the wrap out in a current fashion because Bermuda feeling much better now we are reunited and let's catch up for the night.
Speaker 2: I know we actually happened because I left that night because that did work the next day and then even Sydney and left the next morning morning.
Speaker 3: With the early so we had text catch ups. We haven't actually had a physical.
Speaker 1: And we did actually have a few texts being like hold on wait, we haven't actually download how amazing y.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Melbourne event we went in being like not really anticipating or envisioning.
Speaker 3: What we thought it was going to be.
Speaker 2: We had vague ideas of activities. Like Sarah on the day was like, so we're gonna have activities and I'm are we and She's like, oh, yeah, we probably should.
Speaker 3: You're true?
Speaker 1: Can you like get some card to like write no. This is like forty five minutes before we were I.
Speaker 2: Went to the news agency and I a white blank piece like we were like, should we get food? So I was like, yeah, yeahsket Like we just didn't really know what to expect.
Speaker 3: We didn't even look at what the venue looked like.
Speaker 1: And I was what we didn't I didn't know what we're going to be standing.
Speaker 2: We didn't know what the We didn't really look into who was going. We just had the numbers, which is nice. I feel like the both of us going and completely blind was the best thing. It was that we were very pleasantly surprised at how fun it.
Speaker 1: Was, and I think it was like, it's terrible actually that behind the scenes we had no idea like NFI before we got there, very disorganized, but it did turn out so lovely because we had no expectations, Like we just literally booked pen and Picasso and we in theory thought it would be a really fun time, but we didn't know how it was going to turn out. And you guys trusted us to give you a really fun night, and that alone I don't take for granted at all. Like people started arriving and I was like, these are real life humans who actually listen to the show, who actually know stuff that we've talked about, and were so stoked to be there in person. And after like over three years without any real life interactions with the neighborhood, it was like you and I were in clover the entire time. We were just like sitting next to people and not paying attention to our own paintings, just making our way around original Hi, tell me about you, tell me about your love.
Speaker 2: Every now and then would make eye condact instead of be like now now, and I'm like now what what now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought we had a code and we were not the same language.
Speaker 2: But the best thing about it, I realized is that your community is so great that everyone just talked to each other like it wasn't There was not even an instance of awkwardness.
Speaker 3: But you know when sometimes at the start it's a bit like.
Speaker 2: Hi anyway, and everyone was just like, Hi, I'm this person high on this and then everyone just sat in there whatever they wanted to sit and had Georgie. I sent next to Georgie that night, shout out to Georgie. She'll hate me for this, but Georgie was one of a solo ticket purchaser.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, said.
Speaker 3: That her year.
Speaker 2: This year, one of her goals was to do things that make her uncomfortable to like I guess, you know, grow and learn more about herself, and so this was one of them. And she started doing different things on her own, like joined like a basketball team I think or something and literally played a literally yeah, and SO had anxiety all day being like sure did they go?
Speaker 3: Should I not go? Should go?
Speaker 1: She really pulled out, nearly pulled.
Speaker 2: Out, This ended up coming and being like so glad I came. I was like, I'm so sor for you're lost, you see next to me.
Speaker 3: Were welcome to leave at any point? Sucked, but yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then so Georgie came solo as a means of leaning into the discomfortable, which I thought was so nice.
Speaker 1: And I still can't believe that more than half of both the events were solo tickets, Like I just thought maybe they were all like they they did their transactions separately but were friends. But then when people started turning up on the night and came alone, and then again like the trust that they would meet like minded people and feel safe and it wouldn't be awkward. Like Tasma who came to the Melbourne event. She came by herself, and she'd had a really hard time moving states during COVID and you know, it's impossible to make friends when we were in lockdown, and this was like one of her first times of coming to make friends, and.
Speaker 3: She made a friend.
Speaker 1: It was just and they was so like minded, and it just I can't even explain how happy. Like you saw my face, Yeah, my face was so sore, my cheeks were like yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was feeling like, this.
Speaker 2: Is the first actual SEAS event. I think in the past, you've done the live like interviews for another brand or another event where you're like a panelist or a speaker, but it's never been like just Seas.
Speaker 3: People would be so nice.
Speaker 2: So it was all people that you weren't trying to, you know, expected to his new Seas probably better than I would know.
Speaker 1: Seeds probably listened to.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I read your book and I'm like, oh, I actually still haven't.
Speaker 1: I just read the pages about.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 1: But the cutest activity that you came up with, which I loved is so much and now we have to do it at every event ever. And that was the thing. We have done a couple of c specific events, but they were live episodes, so the audience didn't have any participation like they could do Q and A, but they didn't meet each other. So one way to make sure without being super wanky, it was kind of wanky, but it was cute wanky was to make sure everyone spoke to everyone else in the room, but without it being awkward, was and wrote everyone because it was Valentine's Day or Valentine's Day or Valentin's Day, whatever you want to call it, and wrote everyone hand written love letters with their name when we went through the list, but then put them randomly behind people's easels and art boards or canvases. And then halfway through, guys, you've all got a secret note. It's addressed to someone else, but you have to go and find who it's for. So you had to go and talk to everyone to figure out who was the person whose name it was and it was the best activity.
Speaker 3: I got so invested. They were like straight off their seats with this card being like hello.
Speaker 2: Are you Claire, g are you Claire? F are you Stacey Donovan?
Speaker 1: Are you like this?
Speaker 3: Like all these random names and whatever.
Speaker 1: And they all found each other.
Speaker 3: It was so sweet and they were like, we were like proud moms.
Speaker 1: We were such proud mum.
Speaker 2: But I think I've got a video of Sarah like watching and filming being like proud mom.
Speaker 1: I was emotional.
Speaker 3: It was so sweet.
Speaker 1: But also because the notes that you wrote were like your elbow is so cute. Yeah, your toes to belong on early fans, beautiful toes, A beautiful toes? Who had beautiful toes? I don't I think it was Fee Maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah either Fee, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Teresa, Teresa and Theresa's man, everyone's suttling at my toes.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you didn't want your fun. We also have to shout out Lauren, who didn't come to Sydney.
Speaker 2: No to Melbourne. Remember Laura and Sydney and Lauren booked five tickets.
Speaker 1: That was Sydney, Okay, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: First of all, Lauren booked five tickets and we were like, who's this five, And then throughout the night we're like Lauren in the corner, and then all the Lauren's friends.
Speaker 3: All the sudden we're like, Lauren's not here, and.
Speaker 6: We're like, what, Laurence seconds of friends, didn't you go on a date? She went on led and then we just tagged her and everything, but everyone except.
Speaker 3: Lauren Lauren Jolly, I even know the last name.
Speaker 1: My funnest thing was people being like, Hi, I'm Teresa. I'm like, oh my god, Theresa. Like I got so excited to know so many names that Terresa wrote me the most beautiful letters, which was so lovely, and I love that. It was because she's like, I might not get it out in person, so I have to make sure I say it properly.
Speaker 3: It was just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And Karen was it. And Karen brought her boyfriend along and he was so participating, participatory. The word his cow was like fully advanced, be good.
Speaker 3: My cow was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Also. Melbourne was really upset, but Sydney got cows.
Speaker 3: Really we didn't know that you could do the cows.
Speaker 2: See, that's part of our disorganization was that I wrote those Valentine's cards or yeah, but neither of us logistically actually thought about.
Speaker 1: How it would roll out.
Speaker 2: And then Sarah was just like Sarah's like, so you will get that ready? I was like, of course, because she had no idea I was doing. I was like, I'm just going to hide it in this easily and walk around.
Speaker 1: And it just worked well.
Speaker 3: But like how funny though highlight of Sydney.
Speaker 2: I feel two things happened before each of the events, as in one thing of each event. So the first thing that happened in Melbourne we rock up psyching the grazing board. Ready, Bianca walks in and goes Angeline, and I was like, what.
Speaker 1: Was the arts who led the class and.
Speaker 2: Who is just had had just been promoted that day to manager, so huge props to beincar. Anyway, Bianca walks in, I was like, get out of town. She goes what even turns out? So Bianca is my neighbor from when.
Speaker 1: I was small, since I was zero years old.
Speaker 2: Like no kiddings in the Prestonia. She was like her sister, like she grew up in between Katherin and Jen. Jen grew up with Kiara, who's her sister. So We all went to the same primary school, and then.
Speaker 1: We used to go to their primary school.
Speaker 3: The house. We used to go to their house and use their pool. And we still are neighbors, like they still live next.
Speaker 1: To really yeah I tear parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah so I still I just don't.
Speaker 2: We just don't see each other often because obviously we got lives and then we got lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, speak for yourself.
Speaker 3: How crazy that, out of.
Speaker 2: All people to be running that class, this banker from my childhood.
Speaker 1: It was so nice, And shout out to Bianca, Nellie, Isaac and Amilia who were the four so we also have to shout out. Of course, Pancaso was at the ERA, and Pino and Pocasso around Wick and the incredible art leaders who directed us through the classes. They were a vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were really really good, really good.
Speaker 1: They fully embraced the neighborhood like we don't know what this is, but we're going to listen now. Yes, so lovely, and they got involved.
Speaker 3: They helped like manage the minions.
Speaker 1: They were so good the minion, which is you. Also, the cutest thing that happened was the first two people who arrived with this beautiful couple who had been given a voucher. They'd been gifted a gift voucher to do the class and had booked it, and they must have like snuck in and booked before we had reserved the entire venue for the event. And so I think, what happens when like there's not enough people to fill a whole class and then a booking comes in, They just cancel that and reallocate the giftouchers to a different day. But they hadn't got the email of this couple, so they still rocked up and I gave them the biggest sees the yay welcome, Oh my god, the yighborhood, honestly, and the first people to arrive in the staring like her, oh my god, why we're getting such a lovely welcome?
Speaker 2: And I was watching being like Sarah, there, she's got no idea. She was like yay, yay, yeah, happy happy fund.
Speaker 1: So nice to me. Oh you brought your husband?
Speaker 3: Does he listen?
Speaker 1: And they were just like, oh the fuck is going on anyway? And then we figured out that they weren't with the neighborhood. But then they were like the pan cars. They were like, of course, you can come back any other time. Unfortunately, we're painting a cow. They thought they were coming to paint like Miami Nights or something, and they're like, oh, I don't really want to do a cow. But I was like, look, just join the neighborhood. I turned to the husband. I was like, there's going to be thirty cute babes here.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 1: And so they stayed and they did all our activities. They did all of it. They were so long.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, didn't have a Valentine's card for them, but they got around the shampas.
Speaker 1: I got on the track. Did they get a sticker? We made put it everywhere? Really your face is cute stickers which are so cute and they're now on both of our phones and laptops, which is really fun.
Speaker 3: But they were so cute. But it was just the funniest thing.
Speaker 2: If I watched back in my brain, Sarah going up to them like, oh.
Speaker 3: Thank you Abelhood.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, she's not a freaking idea. And they were probably like, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, they were not eighty.
Speaker 1: Everyone in Sydney you know who we're talking about, And no, it would not. They would also be fifty. Oh my God, anyway, movie, I've.
Speaker 3: Just seen some really young looking old people.
Speaker 1: Older people now I have You've got no.
Speaker 3: Age anyway?
Speaker 1: Can I also shout out Hetty as well, because I think he was like, she has hung up her paintings in her home and I really appreciate. And it's the middle of World Pride when we're in Sydney, so the vibes were so high, and she did a rainbow cow and I copied her. I got inspo from my role model heady, So thank you.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Nana.
Speaker 1: Nana from Japan who came twice. Why she slew to I kind of just want to like go through the guest listed and shut everyone, like it really meant so much to meet.
Speaker 3: Your nana just went and rogue the second time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just painted, but she was such an artist. She's really amazing, such an artist. And yet World Pride up in Sydney was the best. The night before was Maria Fatil's book launch, and Maria has been a guest on the show before, and I think I should have her back because a lot has happened since then for her, and that was so incredibly special, and then what else happened? We've had an International Women's Day since then, which was the most beautiful celebration. I don't know about you, but I had the loveliest week of celebrations of just everything that is womanly and wonderful and met more of the neighborhood there and it's just been so amazing. But one thing I haven't had a chance to do is one of the coolest things that happened at our opinion pocast of events is we are connected with their beautiful business called at the Beep and they create these custom rotary phones that they branded for us as a CZA phone and painted at gold and made just the most beautiful experience where you have at your event or your wedding, or your birthday or significant whatever. It is a phone where your guests can leave you audio messages or like a love note. And so they gave us one for the Melbourne event, and everyone at the event just left voicemails all through the night for us to listen to. And I still haven't listened to them. So I thought I should listen to them blind blind, And thought I should listened to them blind because I literally haven't. We took a little while. It took me a little while with the surgery and and everything to send the files back and you know, process them all. So now we have them all and I want to listen to what it's so best idea?
Speaker 2: I like, I wish at the bitbful listening if you can make a one that we can portabilize everywhere, that would be really what did.
Speaker 7: You just say? I wish we had it at our wedding, intelligent day? Intelligent you are lomle with an accent.
Speaker 3: I really wish we'd had out the bad so fun it's so it was.
Speaker 2: Actually amazing idea because it's you can add your voice, be anonymous, like have happy, happy, fun joy joy vibes, yeah, without having to feel so. And I think the vibes were just in that day nice for it. Everyone was getting around, Everyone was having a lot of fun, funny like some like you know when like you're like a festival or something and you leave these crazy voice you can't even hear yourself.
Speaker 3: Some of them are like that.
Speaker 1: They're like that, like I'm like in like eighty five years. But yeah, cool, okay, all right, okay, oh my god, I'm vacated.
Speaker 3: Please look.
Speaker 1: Paul is so pissed off.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 3: Please save your pause till the end of each boice.
Speaker 1: My applause today, say my applause, portable eyes Okay, ready, yeah, I'm ready. Oh my god, Hi Sarah and high yahborhood.
Speaker 9: I just want to shout out to all the lovely humans who have been listening to the podcast, because I know that it's been a tough few years in Melbourne particularly, but.
Speaker 3: It just feels like such a beautiful community.
Speaker 9: We're here tonight at Pino and Popasso and it's just so so nice and the energy is incredible and so lots of love to you everyone, and lots of love to you, Sarah, thank you for pulling together such a beautiful community.
Speaker 3: Bye, peace out. This is Liz W.
Speaker 9: By the way, everyone, Bye Liz W.
Speaker 1: I actually was trying to guess whose voice that was. I was like, oh my god, who is that? Oh say? That just makes my heart like I'm prickly, I'm pretty why eyes prickly? And it calls it prickly you know how you call you know how you call peckish at Klucky peckish? Yeah, Nick, when he gets like prickly in the eyes, he calls it prickly. When you're like like you start to sort of not quite cry but just get tears. That is so beautiful. Thank you, Liz. That's such a beautiful message. Because the vibe was so high, we were so happy. Everyone in that room was so happy. Thank you so much for coming, Liz.
Speaker 10: Hi, this is Lisa.
Speaker 11: I too think your face is cute you and and like this bye.
Speaker 1: Your face is cute. I really love those stickers. I feel like we should what should we do with these stickers? We should do something with them.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also that wasn't from the stickers. We didn't have stickers in Melbourne, so that would have been from I think my love letter or something.
Speaker 1: Your face is cute, oh cute, not her elbow, not her time about your face anyway. Also, I wasn't originally and was originally not free for the Sydney date and wasn't gonna fly up, and I was like people will be pissed, like everyone with like I'm coming for ange. Basically I was like, okay, cool, I see that is cool cook of cool cool, coo cool, thanks guys, cool cool cook cool. And every message I got that was like, we're so excited for tonight was we're so excited to see you, and Ang I was like, okay, okay, you've got a fan base. Irrelevant, You've got a fan base.
Speaker 3: Next one. I just started my clerkship.
Speaker 4: Law degrees coming to an end, very exciting, seizing the AA.
Speaker 1: Yes, girl, that what's a clerkship. It's the sort of internship that you do when you're still at UNI before you apply for your grad position, that's all. And they're really hard to get. That's so amazing.
Speaker 3: Who do you think that works? And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like we probably spoke about it on the night, but I was it was just such a blur of joy, of happy, happy joy.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 1: I also love it that like people are. I think one of the things I did earlier in the journey was not like speak badly of law. I still think it was the best possible plays I could have started my career. But I love that there are people still going into it really excited that it's the best launch pad and you can have such an amazing, amazing career in law. God girl, Hi, Sarah, this is Liz w Here.
Speaker 9: I think you're a fantastic and thank you for such a wonderful event. My yay is taking steps forward and coming tonight and meeting new people, and it's just been such a fantastic opportunity to connect with some like minds and some beautiful spirits.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much and bye for now.
Speaker 1: Like, how beautiful is that that people came to meet new people and left with new friends. Also, did Liz w leave too?
Speaker 3: Sounds like I think people got really.
Speaker 1: Excited about that.
Speaker 3: They're really loving and they're like, oh, time to speak.
Speaker 1: I also love that no one touched it for the first half and then we were like, guys, please get on it, and then everyone was cuing. This is so much fun.
Speaker 13: Hi girls, thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful event. Lots of love Anna and pa Yes, I love boy, miss her so much.
Speaker 2: I miss Banoy, I love Anna, I love Anna, Lisa and Anna. I thought we're going to have a proposal to you. Remember Lisa and Anna when were they proposing to us?
Speaker 3: Had the sourdough business?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and oh my god, they were so cute, Oh my gosh. And that was one of the other really cool things about the night was being able to share businesses in the neighborhood with each other and connect people. Because if we have an event, and we need a grazing plate. It's like, I'd rather go to a business that's in the neighborhood. I think we need like a directory.
Speaker 2: Well we didn't say this at the start, but we actually filmed recorded at Q and A, which will show at the end of this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, which was about which.
Speaker 2: Is about where you can hear and meet some of the people that came and here some of the cool businesses that they have as well. So Anna was one of them in the Q and A at the end.
Speaker 3: Hi, this is Nelly.
Speaker 14: I'm actually the artist from Pina and p Casso.
Speaker 1: And I have to.
Speaker 14: Say I've never I've been working here for twelve months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've.
Speaker 14: Never had a class quite like this one. It's been just actually so fantastic and gorgeous to hear you just be part of such a positive environment where everyone's having fun and meeting new people and hearing inspiring stories and it's just been so gorgeous. And I wanted to say thank you for making such an enjoyable shift. And I'm going to start listening to the.
Speaker 1: Podcast, so thanks to you. Oh that is so lovely. See we're converting people to the so I actually also think it's so cool to see people's perception who haven't ever heard of the podcast or who haven't ever been part of the community, like what it looks like. Is it look like a whole group of widows or does it look like something really nice is happening. It's so cute that you thought it was a really nice community.
Speaker 2: You should have seen sous face as that whole is going whole like messages growing fish yet it sure, I know, and we had to leave the reaction to the end, but it was so sweet.
Speaker 1: My gosh, it's just like makes my heart so happy, so happy. I'm such a proud mum.
Speaker 13: Hi, Sarah, and and just wanted to say thank you for organizing such a lovely event.
Speaker 3: It was really really.
Speaker 13: Nice meeting you, and I just wanted to let you know that I think you're both really lovely, beautiful people and we need more people like you in the world. So yeah, I just wanted to say thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Poeing, that's so sweet. This is such a confidence booster.
Speaker 2: They're all just me me standing there with.
Speaker 1: Namely, we need more of the neighborhood in the world. Everyone there was so nice and so interesting and just yes, so willing to be put of it. It was so special.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much and Sarah and Ange for bringing so much joy to our lives, particularly through the Melbourne lockdown. You were just a breath of fresh air. And I just love hearing from all the different guests from all walks of life that you interview. It encourages me to research further the people that I may have known or not known at all, and I'm so inspired by their stories and your stories and your vulnerability and honesty and humor and things like your trip to Antarctica. It's inspired me to think about going there once in my life, and your trip to Egypt, and just keep up the beautiful.
Speaker 10: Neighborhood, neighborhood, keep up being just beautiful people and humans that you are, And thank you so much for all the joy that you bring.
Speaker 1: Into our lives. That'd be so lovely. I also love that I forget that outside of the neighborhood, and the podcast is like other stuff like Antarctica and Egypt that I kind of weaved in, like we still do rap episodes on them, but I forget that. That's also like I love just sharing the excitement of things that make me excited, and the fact that people actually find it interesting as well is such a I know, it's such a joy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out who it is when.
Speaker 1: There's no I know, I know, I wonder if they want it to live this or not.
Speaker 3: But it's fun.
Speaker 16: Okay, next time, Hi, Sarah and Ange just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful evening from Lauren and all of her past one of friends and if he coulds could you give Lauren.
Speaker 3: A shout out?
Speaker 16: She wasn't actually here tonight because she've set up all for us to come and have a gorgeous Gallentines evening.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I have a great time.
Speaker 1: Bye Lauren, Lauren. I love that Lauren already had a shout out.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Lauren was like the joke of the night because Layen kept more information kept coming out, like Lauren went this date and then never came home from it, not in an ominous way, and they're like, oh, well, I hope we launched some sort of life along your lom Ley.
Speaker 1: Was fan your alum, lay And also thank you for getting so many of your friends involved, and yeah, arranging a whole group to come down. That's really lovely.
Speaker 3: Does Roomy even love me?
Speaker 1: That was Andrew's Lumley asking even loved her.
Speaker 3: I've only listened to like a few of these, actually, haven't. I thought you listened to all?
Speaker 1: She didn't even vet them.
Speaker 3: No, it isn't that.
Speaker 2: I just like, I had listened to like six and I was like, they're all going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: How many are there?
Speaker 3: It's quite a few, but this week.
Speaker 1: Just through lovely guys follow Gorod boy Roomy. That's grud like from Grudle because he's a beautiful Grudle.
Speaker 8: Hi, Sarah, and and it's Georgia Marling Hugh. I'm just at your neighborhood event, Peanut Picasso, and I'm so glad I came. I came with my own and it's been the best night, made lots of friends and you both. Both of you are amazing. I love you both. It's been so nice meeting you, and thank you for spreading the love. You're the best. Can't wait for the next one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we were both cheering during that one. She did it. Oh, Georgie, I'm so proud of you for coming, especially how anxious you were during the day, and I just it was so lovely to meet you, and I love that you called out that we need to do it again because we have already started planning the next ones because they're just the best.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if anyone has recommendations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't understand what that word is.
Speaker 2: Recommendations all things we can do, let us know, because I feel like we only know what we know.
Speaker 3: You know, there's so many things out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there are so many activities and platios that we could do together that would be really fun. Although you painting me has really been a highlight. Yeah, I know, just hated me, like your friend Elf.
Speaker 17: Hello, lovely ladies, Sarah. I just want to say thank you so much for the event tonight. It's been a great time. I've been a long time listener. I just think I told you that your podcast and some of your episodes and your quotes helped me get through.
Speaker 3: A divorce many like a few years ago.
Speaker 17: And yeah, basically if the days that I couldn't get out of bed or didn't want to work, I would put on an episode of CCA and feel in a much better mood. So thank you so much, eternally grateful.
Speaker 3: Bie.
Speaker 1: I remember crying when we had that conversation, and just thinking you never get to hear how an episode or a series of episodes reach someone like where in their life it reaches them, and so to actually get to hear that is such a privilege to think that it even like made a tiny amount of difference during a really hard time of her life. Oh, that's so special.
Speaker 3: I'm getting Hi, I have a question for ang.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say she's really attractive, really funny, and why and how she's so funny anyway from her biggest fan and.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. It was just like, no, God, this went out because we're not interested in people asking me questions and you didn't even know my news straight away? How would you say funny? How she so funny? That before?
Speaker 3: And every time it's like, I just.
Speaker 1: You get yourself. You're just like, oh, I'm so funny.
Speaker 3: You even realized it was me every time.
Speaker 4: Hi, Sarah, it's Katie, Katie Kilger underscore as you know.
Speaker 1: I just want to.
Speaker 4: Thank you and your manager and for putting together such a lovely night. It was so wholesome and that was my word of the year. And I feel like I've already ticked it off every day every week this year. A huge part of that is your podcast. You're just so wholesome, so loving. Your content is so relatable and easy, and I think inspires everybody at a different stage in their life and they can plug in, plug out. You just surround yourself with the most beautiful people and they're cald and you're standing across the room waving at me right now.
Speaker 1: Hi high in person. No.
Speaker 4: I think you are just an incredible, intelligent, beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: And feels in the rest of the gaps, which she does.
Speaker 4: And I just want to congratulate you on everything you've built in the neighborhood. I'm so happy to be a part of it, and I can't wait for so.
Speaker 1: Much more much lovely, lovely experiences.
Speaker 4: And I wish you all the happiness, all the success in the world, and I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: I love Katie Kilgore so much. Katie was the first person who when she said Hi, I'm Katie. I was like, katiekil got underscore and I knew exactly what's because she's been such a big support for.
Speaker 5: So many years.
Speaker 2: You turned to me and you pointed out Katie You're like, bim bim bim.
Speaker 1: That's Katie kill did I oh my god like.
Speaker 3: And then now of course.
Speaker 1: Katie Kilder on his score. There are so many people who have been in the neighborhood for so long and I can like literally rattle off their handle because they have been that supportive, like like Marie Marie.
Speaker 3: Oh, we love Marie so many people.
Speaker 1: Mary brought so many people, and we love Marie and she still just sends so many Marie was the reason we chose Cow.
Speaker 3: It was. It's true.
Speaker 1: I feel like Marie probably also left a.
Speaker 3: Message no Marie Sidney.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, Marie. We love you. We love you so much. Thank you for bringing you're all your friends and being the Cow provider of the ablehood.
Speaker 18: Oh hello, Ange and Sarah, this is your friendly neighborhood artist Bianca. It is so nice to be speaking with your voicemail, well your voice, I don't know what to call that, well, speaking with your weird phone.
Speaker 1: I loved tonight.
Speaker 18: Firstly the excitement of seeing Ange after so long, completely unexpectedly, but also just to be here in this beautiful ambiance of love and joy, which is what you've done, and You've brought all these people together, and it's been one of the greatest sessions I've ever had here in the studio at Southierra, because everyone's just been so happy and the love vibes have just gone off, and I have enjoyed every moment. I love you both, keep doing what you're doing, and I'm looking forward.
Speaker 1: To seeing you hopefully again soon. Show by show babies. Oh my god, I love it, you know. I love so much that the artists who had literally none of them had heard of the podcast before and they were so they're like fully in the neighborhood now. I love that so much.
Speaker 19: One, Hi, Sarah, I just wanted to thank you for an amazing CCA community event with the painting session. I just wanted to say thank you for empowering women and bringing women together and creating a community where we can all gather and chat and support each other. And I'm looking to look forward tomorrow them.
Speaker 3: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there was so special. Guys. Will put a link to at the beep in the show notes and on socials as well, because what a gorgeous way to capture messages from people.
Speaker 3: You love so fun.
Speaker 1: We were so cute.
Speaker 3: Oh we've got to do it again. Also, we are going to do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we've started organizing our third in our Picasso date and we are creating a war for a very loving, inclusive neighborhood. We're creating a war at this point between Brizzy and Adelaide because we've had a really oddly equal amount of requests for both. And I mean, eventually, of course we'll do both, but we need to know which one wants us to come first.
Speaker 3: Yes, genuinely. So if anyone hard enough, you got to advocate for that.
Speaker 1: You've got to fight. You've got to fight for what you want. You've got to seize. The e doesn't just come to you.
Speaker 3: You've got to bring me food for a week.
Speaker 1: Here's my address, and we'll paint you into account girl basically. So please, if there's anyone from Brizzy or Adelaide listening and you want to join in on the phone, let us know so we can make a decision because we're very indecisive and obviously terribly disorganized. That was so much fun. Oh my god, thank you go so much for coming. Everyone made it so special. I'm still in such a high. I can't wait to do it again. I wish we'd don't organize one like every week in a row. Yeah, well, which we will, Yeah, we will. And also what are other activities that you guys would like to do, like should we do ice skating? Winter? Should we do? Like what e should we do? Sam?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like another making Actually there's always like a tactile.
Speaker 3: Or something like cooking class or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should get card to do a cooking class. Should get class? And I believe there is another little audioce near but from the night that we thought we'd drop into this episode that we recorded, why do we even record with a Q and A?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, that's right, there's Q and A some beautiful questions. It also means that this because this episode has really just.
Speaker 3: Revolved around the community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we wanted as many community voices as we could have in this episode. And so the Q and A is a mix of questions people had for Sarah sharing businesses. Is we had really nice kind of people telling other people.
Speaker 3: How much they love them. So, oh my god, it was so yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think it's just a really nice change of voice. But also to finally get the community onto the podcast as well. So it's some really nice questions and very loving, wholesome vibe. So hope everyone enjoys us.
Speaker 1: Oh look, everyone's having such a good time. Guys. We just asked everyone to take their seats and I was too gentle, and I was like, no, no worries, if not, don't even worry.
Speaker 2: Everyone else, sit down everyone, if you feel like a sit down.
Speaker 1: Want okay, never mind, don't worry, and the and the artist was like, everybody sit down, but also, can you hear the noises of networking and joy? People are making their brand new neighborhood. So now we're going to do a little activity where we don't really know how this is going to go down, but we thought it'd be cute to get the neighborhood involved in these of our lives. Okay, so this part of the night is our last break before we get into the trees, and then you guys are free to do whatever you would like. Network We can get some pickies. But we thought it would be nice to just record a little a few snippets of audio for whoever's willing, ready, willing and able, who wants to contribute a question while we're in an intimate space or a story about like how long they've been listening, or some way that they've sees their ya in the last couple of years, or something they've done tonight, a person they've met tonight. Anything. Really, we kind of like had a plan and then didn't, which is pretty much how we roll. Yeah, this is at three pm today. I was like, oh, no, what are we going to do? She was like Q and A. I was like in which direction? And we're like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So we have a mic.
Speaker 1: And again, if you don't want to do it in front of everyone, please leave a message at the beat before you go as well. I know how good of it literally have to beat, But if anyone would like to share anything or ask anything, we have a roving mic. Oh oh, this is good.
Speaker 3: This is Katie Kilgore.
Speaker 1: Everyone at Katie Kilgore, who has been a fan of the podcast for a really long time, and it is so lovely to meet you. Katie Kilgore. Okay, check one two how Katie.
Speaker 4: I was like, if I don't write it down, I will forget. That's only one, so don't get too excited. How do you work through the priority factors in seizing an opportunity?
Speaker 1: Because we can do anything, but not everything. Oh my gosh, well.
Speaker 3: Done, Katie.
Speaker 1: That is a very yay question. I love you very much. Thank you for the years of support. It means so much. I'm not very good at it, is my short answer. I think, and has been there for all of the getting the prioritization right and also getting it very wrong, as has Ena, who's another one of my close friends. And really our friendships are based on mutual mental breakdowns and supporting each other through those. So I feel like with every part of seizing the A is a lot of NATA, and the energy management and prioritization is probably the hardest part because we live in a time where there are so many opportunities and there's so much possible is there's so much on. Finally we're back out in the world and it's so exciting, but definitely the last year of having a bit of freedom to move again but without remembering all your strategies from before about how to pace yourself has been a lot of burnt out days in my last three hundred and sixty five. But I think you guys know, I always come back to a quote, and I think the one in this area that really helps is I try to be a yes person, which then sometimes you say yes to too many things and it takes the joy out of each one. So remembering that every time you say yes to something, you're saying no to something else, like that there's both sides of that coin. And usually the yes to something else is no to something in your area, like it's your energy or your time, or if you can kind of reframe things to think, oh, if I say yes to that, that's no to my only rest day, or no to my Valentine's dinner, or no to time with my family, then becomes a bit easier to realize what your what it costs you to say yes, rather than just thinking yes, it's a good thing and that's the end of the story. Yeah, but I'm not an expert and probably not the right person to us. I'm not regular that.
Speaker 3: Great question.
Speaker 1: Go Katie. Literally Katie walked in the door and I was like, it's Kati kill gone, It's at Katie kil go on, It's gone. Oh my god. Also, if anyone here has a business or is themselves a business or a service, please follow each other. Please use this to get like twenty seven new followers, and please if you don't get the chance to do that, send us your tags and in like a follow up email, we can send a list if you want to follow everyone who is here, because I feel like that's the beautiful part of the yighborhood is supporting each other, and even for things like this we were looking for like obviously we were a bit disorganized. We were like, who can do cheese boards? Like we should have reached out to the neighborhood and said, like, whose business makes cheeseboards? We should do that a little bit more. So, please reach out if any of you want support or you know, want to be part of the next event. So anyone else got anything to add stop it?
Speaker 20: Hi, Lisa's friend, Lisa's friend, Lisa's friend. Lisa's friend is going to give her business a plug? Can you please give your business a plug?
Speaker 3: I do not have business.
Speaker 1: It's just as that's a business. Thank you, sir, No dirt.
Speaker 11: But I just want to encourage my friend Anna. He's been fantastic she h yeah, bakes sourdough and has been an amazing friend. And as I said, with the cheeseboard, making like if I was a friend in need and she helped me set up a baby shower in the midst of the COVID pandemic. Obviously we limited to ten people. So yeah, yeah, so so Anna is fantastic and I just want to give it all the support and to seize her yay.
Speaker 1: So that's been so beautiful. That's so beautiful, I know, I know, thank you so much for sharing that. And just quickly, where can we all follow you?
Speaker 4: Everyone?
Speaker 1: Get your phones out if you need sourdo where are we going to get it?
Speaker 5: Just Anna?
Speaker 18: Just Anna?
Speaker 3: Everyone?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm like shopping it in your face. You don't have to. You don't have to do you know her handle Anna with three ends and then t o U and if anyone is at custom so orders.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I think we just made this side hustle of business, all right, oh Aina, who also needs to give herself a plug because incredible business woman? Of course you can. Can I stand not very many people say that I do. I stand in the mark. Let me at it. Hi, everyone, I'm Ana.
Speaker 12: I actually wanted to grab this microphone and give the world of credit to my beautiful friend Sarah because she is someone listen to how emotional I already am I'm like not even a very emotional person.
Speaker 1: As most of you know, because you're all here.
Speaker 12: Sarah is one of the most loving and giving and sunshine humans in the world. And she gives and gives and gives and gives to everyone else and very rarely ever expects anything in return. And you have impacted so many people's lives and you are just amazing.
Speaker 1: And we love so much.
Speaker 12: And honestly like you are the Yati, we are.
Speaker 1: You, and I feel like you have to you have to shout yourself out as well, but everyone I also have to just give a little bit of context. So we random like random intersections of we went to UNI together. I went to UNI with eaters, three, three boyfriends ago.
Speaker 12: That was our very first connect that really sounded like I went to UNI.
Speaker 1: With three boyfriends, boyfriends all three And then we were at the same law firm. And then but we didn't know each other really no, no, but you were ahead of my department, which is so strange. And then went out on her own, made the shift almost to being out on your own. From the she could buy herself flowers and from the corporate career was that you were the person who gave me my first ever speaking gig. Do you remember that at Litmod's Yeah, well, oh my god, no, but yeah, and I had a powerfus I've never done before. And now Ina is fully out on her own, coaching other women and creating her own beautiful community, which I think you should give a little bit more of a clug. Oh thanks, same, she's work life, mama. Everyone please get your phones out again. It's work dot and it's the first one that comes. Well I got left. Oh gosh, thank you.
Speaker 12: And just for more context, this is really funny and such a beautiful testament to how like the why like in your social media is so incredible for meeting community, even though I can often get such a bad rap. I actually met Sarah and Nick because they came to a brunch that I was having with someone else and like not with a boyfriend though friend date Sally O'Neil. And then these two wrapped up and oh, my god, high and then I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going high.
Speaker 12: And then we had all these connections and this was like, gosh, like eight years ago or something like that now. But yeah, So I'm I am a business mentor and confidence coach. Particularly I work with mummers. So my story was that I went, I left a very long corporate career to start a business on maternity leave. And really my mission is to just absolutely empower women and particularly mums to live life on their own terms, because I think if we've learnt anything over the last couple of years, it is too short and like it just there is no fucking point, right, Like I mean I do that for like fourteen years of doing you know something that really.
Speaker 1: Is like the opposite of lighting up your soul, your nature. That's what we're say in this community.
Speaker 4: It was just.
Speaker 12: Sorry mate, sorry mate, So no, and you know that's like I am just so I'm so passionate about it, as you know, and yeah, we've really like you know, this is it's everything, you know. The people you meet here are the people you meet through like through this community, in life, in.
Speaker 1: Business, in motherhood.
Speaker 12: Like we have like breakdowns on a daily basis around our children, Like we are breakdown friends, which means real friends.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, but no, so thank you very much.
Speaker 12: And it's it's really exciting to be here, love being with people in people in your life.
Speaker 1: It's not weird. We always make it, really does anyone else have anything to add or a business to share or a story. Oh, I'm so excited. This lovely lady you can stand up so everyone can see is coming to the Sydney event as well.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, nice to meet you.
Speaker 21: My name is Nana and I'm from Japan and my I guess you asked my instagram is Nana from Japan. Yeah, if you're interested in like business, please add me. So they're like, you know, we can support each other. Oh, I mean the like a research stage, so like I haven't started the burn, but like I want to, I guess like create like a Japanese brand and guys need help.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, so I guess like.
Speaker 21: The question I had for you, I actually asked this question to entourage, like yeah, but they didn't give me answer. That's why I came here. So yeah, I guess like my question was like if you're building like a brand and if you want to do like if you have a plan with the exit strategy like Salen, Like what should I be careful for like distinguishing with the personal kind of lifestyle brand. Is there anything I should look up for because like I feel like there's so many, like you know, brands that's tied with the personal brand and like you know, valuation is not correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's that's a great question, did you. I think people always tell you that if you're too closely tied to the brand, you won't be able to sell it, and that will really hinder if you're in this for an exit plan eventually, that if it's too much, if you're too much the brand, then buyers won't be that interested. I also think if you're not the brand, then it won't get big enough to be interesting to sellers at all. And it depends on your own personal relationship with the business and how much you want to put yourself out there. But I found that was the bit that I love the most, The part where people know you is the brand and then you get to interact with people at media because of it was the bit I enjoyed the most. So if I'd taken that away and tried to make matcha made in this like faceless lot sitting out there, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I think if you don't enjoy it, you don't put as much into it, which means.
Speaker 3: They don't be wrong as much.
Speaker 1: So I didn't even think, man, you know, like, no, I totally forgot.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that the advice you will get is don't put yourself into it. But I think that that is a disadvantage to your community and all the people who want. The story behind why you founded the brand is what makes it really special. And there might come a time in five or six or seven years when you start to think about exit and then you can maybe pull back a little bit at the beginning to produce. Yeah. I mean, I think I think that's how you grow. I think that's how people. I don't know about you, guys, but I find like most of the brands that your goodies are from a brands that the founder like, they've all started smaller, like Naked Sundays, for example. Is everyone knows Samantha. Everyone knows her story about being a news reporter and then starting this because she lost a friend to melanoma and she wanted to make sun protection cool and easy. And I buy the product because of that story. I don't buy it because I like purple or because i've you know, there's so many sunscreens out there. I feel like you you buy into that story so much, and then by the time they're big enough to be sold, then you'll just the product is, oh, it's a good product. But something has to grab you at the beginning in a sea of a million products, and it's usually I like that chick and I like what she does, and she's Japanese and she's bringing Japanese stuff to Australia. So I think, definitely capitalize on your person if you want to. Whereas some people hate it and they want to be behind the scenes. And like Joe Horgan at Meccha, she isn't so much having her face in things because mechos are more polished and much bigger. It's a much bigger stage, so she prefers not to do that. But if it's something you enjoy, I think you should definitely do it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Like that answer is my question like a lot, because like I was thinking, like you know, a product, she like I cannot be in the picture because you know, I in the future, like I don't want to be the face of the brand. But like, thank you so exactly that yeah, for sure, if if I'm too much, But like I have another question, when you you know, went from the corporate life to the entrepreneur life, like what was the mindset that drove you to like kind of keep going because like at the moment, like I'm just like in the early stage and I have like doubt self doubt, and like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, think about what is so like I want to know like the mindset to I guess yeah, and I think another great question, No, I know you're amazing, great question. I think most people the hardest part of any idea, whether it's a business or a jump sideways or a jump up, was in your career you never it never doesn't work because you can't do it. You can do anything, like you can figure out, you know, the actual bones of starting a business aren't that difficult. It's just getting through the head fuck of like can I do it? Who's gonna like it? Am I gonna look silly? Like when you actually break it down, the hardest part is the brain bit, because actually going and buying stock and like ordering it and making a website, like those things are not difficult when you make it, when you put it all in a list, it's actually just getting your brain organized to think you should be there or you should be allowed for it to work. And so I think the hardest thing is a don't expect the self doubt to go away, because it doesn't. And I think it's a good thing. I think it keeps you on your toes. It keeps you really not complacent. You never sort of think I'm done, I can't learn anything else. I think it has a good role to play. But I think having people around you who are doing similar things and he'll cheerlead and be like in those moments, sometimes you can break your own circuit and be like, this is silly. I can do this. Sometimes you can't, and you need someone at your phone, a friend to just be like, you're not shit. It's going to work. And the worst thing that can happen is what you look silly for five minutes. And I always have to remind myself when I'm trying something new, Like even with things like this, the first minute you put up tickets, You're like, no, my ticket, And I'm going to be by myself at an event that's gonna be me and and painting together. And I know I've got Lauren and I've got Effie and I've got EBI's friends.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know it's cut.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, there's a white list, Oh my god. But I think that if you ask yourself if whatever the thing is you're scared of, if you ask yourself, if you told me I could fail, Like try, say I wanted to try horse riding or whatever, and I knew that if I fell off my horse and broke my leg, but no one in the world would find out about it. It's like, are you actually scared anymore? And if you knew you could fall over and fail and lose all this money and like fall on your face or whatever, but no one would ever find out. Suddenly no one's scared anymore. So you're like, you realize you're actually scared of people's perception of you, then you are actually failing. Because if I tried to get on a horse and I fell off and I've never done it before, I would be like, I'm not worse as a person. I just am bad at horse riding. Like that's fine, I'm good at other stuff. But if everyone saw me fall off a horse, I'd be like, Ay, why weren't you filming me? Because this is a great bloop. But b you know, it's the perception that is the thing that makes you feel so icky and like like you're not good enough or like you should never try something new again. So I think realizing that it's all ahead game, surrounding yourself with the people who help you in the shitty bits, and remember that's the hardest bit. Once you've started the business or your idea, the momentum starts to remind you, oh, someone did buy it. So then you've got like empirical evidence that you can do it. You just have to get through the head bit. Yeah, as in like, yeah, that's another good one. I think I had planed B as long as I could. Like when you're jumping from one thing to the other, I think the smaller you can make the jump, the better. Like often people like leave your job straight away, and I'm like, yeah, but stay as long as you can, like that's cash. So like I stayed at the law firm for seven months because I was like, the longer I can do both, the smaller the risk is when I jump. So if you can have a plan B for as long as you can, it makes it less scary. And then they'll come a day where you're like, if I don't jump now, I never will once you have jumped. Then having a plan B, I think sometimes makes you not take risks and makes you think, oh, that'll always be there. But I think if you also say to yourself, what's the worst that could happen, most of the time it's that you'd lose a little bit of money and a bit of pride, it's usually not that bad. So if you don't have a plan B. But except that, like the worst case scenario is also not that bad anyway, Like everyone, can you just start again or you do something different. It's not nearly as big a deal as you think it is in your brain.
Speaker 21: You got this gal, I don't know, like I keep thinking, like what I if I'm never going to have a job.
Speaker 1: We don't have jobs. Thank you so much, guys, everyone support what's their Instagram again? Nana from Japan? Nana like Grandma from Japan. Does anyone have any other stories or recommendations or anything? Oh yeah, hello, I just wanted to know.
Speaker 15: I'm so fascinated by the people that you have on the podcast, like from the Cave the Tie Cave diver, he is amazing and that story is amazing, and the Antarctica journey and yeah, I just want to particularly the guess how you choose the guests on the podcast? Do they approach you or do you you know, come to them through social media or books, or how do you kind of make the decision on who to have the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's a really good question, Thank you, great question. It's a bit of both. It's very random, Like with the Thai Cave Diver, for example, I saw I think I read his book. I just picked it up at the airport and I was like, I need to speak to that man ah and I hounded him on LinkedIn, Instagram, like got found the Six Degrees of Separation and had people pestering him from all directions until he was like, I'm going to cave because I'm going to cave. I'm going to cave because she's just annoying me so much. But I knew I really wanted him on, and he's been one of my favorite episodes so far. So sometimes I'll get like a bean in my bonnet about someone who I think their story represents something really fundamental. Sometimes it'll be someone has a book coming out and their publishers will reach out to lots of podcasts and say we've got this person. They've got a book coming out, like Australian birth Stories. I don't know if you guys listened to the Australian Birth Stories podcast, Sophie's book comes out I think this week, so she's our International Win Day episode, and yeah, some come by pictures and then others will just be people who I have. Like our next episode is Ben Macintosh, who has the same manager as me and so we've met a few times. But he's sister has down syndrome and he's also a full time career and he was one of those guys who just had no idea what he wanted to do. He played college rugby college football in the US on a scholarship just but didn't really find his thing and was getting injured. And he came back and got asked to fill in as a care worker for his sister's boyfriend at the time and just found his thing. And now he works, like you know, way over time. He's working all the time. He's going on holidays with these kids. But he's like, I've grown up speaking this language and now that's what I do as a job, and it doesn't feel like work. So when you hear stories, I'll kind of then just say like do you want to just jump on the show, And yeah, it comes in all random kind of ways you kind of discovered the other side, like the side public persona, but you know, actually see what goes on behind in their life. Yeah, yeah, oh thank you. Yeah. Every episode it's so fascinating. Oh thank you. I also really try and spread out themes as well, Like I'll try not to have like three business women in a row doing similar things, like different industries. And sometimes I will go out and think, oh, I haven't had like an emergency services person in a year, so let's find a paramedic or something, or during the Olympics, I'll like try and get an olympian and the themes kind of help. But then other times I'm like, shit, I haven't got a guest for next week, Like who can I ask? Like so it's very random. And then literally I'm like, hey, thank you lovely. Yeah, they're just slowly creeping up to like more of the show, does they? Donyone have any questions for and Phlangelina okay to kill right, I love you coming around with the mic. This is like our own talk show. We should have our own talk show. You mean you mean via Yah creations.
Speaker 4: Either of you can answer it or both, But how do you know what is your passion other than trying everything obviously, but how how do you pick a niche and go to that? And yeah, especially when you're in like like you're twenties, l like your first year of being an adult.
Speaker 1: That sorry first, Like.
Speaker 4: She's part twenty, so it's like your first decade of being an adult.
Speaker 1: How do you not feel lost?
Speaker 3: Ah, Sarah has been a big rock for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, genuinely, genuinely because because Sarah is like a century older, she's been through life much longer, and so it's experienced a lot of the things that you would go through in your twenties, and she's like, I remember that stage, there's good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's been. It has been.
Speaker 2: Actually, Sarah has been a really big part of me finding what I want and like to do because she's done so much in her life it makes it all sound very possible. Whereas I think in if I just stayed around people that I knew when I was in UNI, the world seems really small and so you really know what you're doing at the time. So everyone only new Physio high school and that was it, whereas I had and cycling falling off your bike yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but then you and then I had Sarah, Yeah, who had done so much in her life, and so I think it meant that I could explore all these things to try to I know you said not to try everything and figure it out, but you kind of have to try everything and figure it out, but try the things that you want to try as opposed to just everything.
Speaker 3: And I think in terms of.
Speaker 2: The passion side of things, I think it's like partly what you wake up wanting to go to do every day. I resigned from Physia not because I didn't love the job. I actually struggled to resign from Physia because I loved the job, but it was it was more the lifestyle that I didn't have passion towards. So I'm now doing a job that I'm probably less passionate about. It gives me the lifestyle I now work for CESDA. I'm not sure if you guys have heard about it. It's a bore I wouldn't recommend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it's part of it is mine's like.
Speaker 2: Really purpose driven though PHO feels like a really purpose driven job, and so I get a lot of satisfaction and passion in that as well. So I think it's like a lot of just trying until you really truly are happy with what you're doing, as opposed to feeling that you have to be happy because everyone else around you says you should be happy. You know, Like there's been times where like someone has said, come and work in the US and will sponsor you, and I was like, I'm meant to be excited about this because I'm not really excited about it, and everyone around you was like, you've got to do it, You've got to do it because this is a once in a lifetime. But I was like, but it's not a once in a lifetime for me. So that means leaving my family for two years or five years, because everyone it's a family fantasy for everyone else, but.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily me.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of having to like feel that on your own and then go to the people that you really trust and love running by them and they normally have perspective that you you wouldn't from being an outside person. So I think you having good network is a really important one. And then like being brave and trying different things, and then yeah.
Speaker 13: That's m.
Speaker 3: I know I'm stressed, im sweating.
Speaker 18: But.
Speaker 1: You can follow me my businesses and foot.
Speaker 3: You know, I think you do have to go back to painting though, for real.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so lovely. That was so lovely. Do you know what's so nice? We often do q and as when people just submit their questions in text, and it's so it's so funny. I didn't know, guys bts fishing the dirt. Obviously, we have dropped a few audio sniffets into this episode and then had to record voice our voices now around those sippets. So we just stopped talking. I paused for twenty seconds like I was having an I was bearing it, and I'm like, this is where the audio will go. And then I went, oh my god, as if we just listened to it, because of course we have listened to it, and she just literally broke down and hold on.
Speaker 3: Being a human, she can't go Sore's obviously a veteran at this I am a new player to the.
Speaker 1: Game, and so I was sitting here like, oh, that's happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're just a minute of silence, like the end of the episode. I was like, what are we doing? And then and then so we're just sitting and looking at each other's eyes and so it goes, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, watch that.
Speaker 3: I was like, watches every end of the episode now, But there was no fore warning.
Speaker 1: It was just like anyway, enjoy always crickets. Well, it was so lovely to have neighborhood actual voices on the show. Thank you so much to the Beat for making that possible. That was just so nice. Like, I feel like I wish that people would send more voice memos in Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm trying to think of ways so we can still include people in this way without having to have the physical at the Beat phone. But I feel like that gave a lot of empowered a lot of people to do it and pick it up because no one's listening to the other end.
Speaker 3: They can do it again if they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's voice. If you guys ever want to submit a story or something like just literally send us a voicemamo on Instagram. We've done that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, totally, But I feel like it's like more effortful, which is why people don't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Paul is literally just like times up, the music starts playing for like get out of my bedroom.
Speaker 3: Oh look he's taken himself to bed and with that, we end the.
Speaker 1: Episode do we or do we do? A pause and you don't know what's going on? And then I stare at you in the thank you so much. It was less the pause, it was Oh, that was so lovely. You got to get your acting skulls.
Speaker 3: When you're humble.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys all so so much for making the first two in real life events such a joy. We had the best time ever. I can't wait to do it again. Adelaide, Brizzy fight it out between yourselves and we'll see one of you really soon and the other one soon after that. Big thank you to Pino and Picasso at the beat, Mwey Hennessy for providing the bubbles which was really special. To and Foot my ride or die who made the event so so special, painted me like a French French. And what's coming up next? We have another guest next week. We're kind of back on our years of our lives guest Years of our Lives, guest schedule, and then our next years of our lives will be what my birthday episode? Oh my god, yes, yes, it's so close forty five and a half excite. I don't know what I'm going to do for that episode, but maybe like, wait, how well are you twenty? I don't even know thirty four? I think I don't.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I've never known you eight. No me even been the same age since I met you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you meet someone at one particular age, they're never not that age anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Once, Nick, when we first met, he was twenty five, but on one random night out, he was like convinced he was twenty seven and a half, like that was his age in his brain and he was throwing chicken nuggets at cars, being like I'm twenty seven and a half, and so now he's always twenty seven and a.
Speaker 3: Half and that is why I married him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the nuggets that got me. He bought me a twenty pack and I was like, it's on, this is happening. But we will be back with a two guests. We're doing a four way chat for the next episode that's foursome, and then we'll be back with you to our life. So also, if you have any request for our at the annual birthday episode other than just like us chating the shit, yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually send him to you as in yeah as and so.
Speaker 1: You don't know, maybe they can send voice memo.
Speaker 3: We'll bring back then Nigge. We'll bring by the niggle and then people in.
Speaker 1: Send no Ah, anonymous Q and A not Gonna lie, not gonna lie nole. Yeah, that doesn't sound very pacy.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, we'll bring back then not Gonna.
Speaker 1: Lie, Yeah, anonymous Q and A. Anyway, guys, hope you're season, you're yay. Thank you so much for listening and coming, and we will announce the next in real life event details as soon as we decide them, as soon as you decide them.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, untem
Speaker 17: H