Speaker 1: Hi, It's Kate Langbrook here. Hey.
Speaker 2: If you've just binged the new season of America's Sweethearts on Netflix and found yourself fascinated by the world of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, you are going to love this episode. We spoke to Australian cheerleader Faith Ward about the reality behind the uniform, the auditions, the pressure, and what it really takes to make the squad. Here's our conversation.
Speaker 3: It was this big thing going around saying it was a four hundred percent pay increase, which don't get me wrong, it's a pay increase, and I'm so incredibly blessed to be trying the team when that happened, Like I would not be able to you know, I didn't have a visa for a bit, so I couldn't get a job, and you know, have extra money coming in, so I would not be surviving if we didn't have that pay increase. But it's still not realistically enough for what we do as athletes today.
Speaker 2: On No Filter, and I don't mind telling you this is a great one. We get to go behind the scenes of one of the most recognizable and mythologized insta tuitions in American pop culture the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. They are synonymous with glamor, discipline and perfection, but in recent years there's been a renewed fascination with what the role actually demands and what it's really like behind the uniform. And my guest today is faith Ward, an Australian New Zealand dancer who unexpectedly found herself auditioning for and ultimately joining the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders after receiving a very nonchalant DM on Instagram. It's an amazing story and in this conversation we talk about how she ended up on that path, what the audition and selection process is really like, the realities of the job versus the public fantasy, and what it means to step inside such a powerful global institution, especially at a moment when the world is paying closer attention than ever. This is faith Ward. Faith Ward, welcome to no Filter.
Speaker 1: So excited to see you.
Speaker 2: Well, I am also so excited to have you because, in the realm of what is possible in this world, I did not ever think that an Australian New Zealand girl would ever be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. I just didn't think that it would be possible.
Speaker 1: Neither did I. I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 3: Literally, I have to pinch myself every day that I'm in this position because it just is insane. Yeah, I did not think they would ever even it's called America's Sweetheart. Yeah, Americans, why do they want a half Aussy, half New Zealand check on the team? Like, it's pretty incredible. But I'm honestly so honored to be representing both countries. So I hope I'm doing them proud.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, So, I, like many came to appreciate the work of the cheerleaders through through the show America's Sweethearts, and it's such an extraordinary collision of worlds, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like your athletes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: You're also expected to and it's demanded of you that you uphold certain attributes that are seen as you know, being possessed by America's Sweethearts, which is charm and grace and sass and looking hot and a kind of girl next door quality. But the great underneath is the hard work and the excellence. How did this come on your radar? Because you were, like you said, at the bottom of the world.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right all of the above as to what you just said, and I completely agree. It has so many different categories that you're filling into one role. But for me, it came about just as any.
Speaker 1: Other normal girl.
Speaker 3: I had a dream from a young age about making it in the dancing industry, and obviously there isn't a lot of opportunity in Australia, so we have to, you know, punt a little further.
Speaker 1: And so you're in Perth at this point.
Speaker 3: So I'm in Perth, Western Australia. Yes, that's where I reside. But I'm originally from Welling to New Zealand. So that is why I consider myself half in.
Speaker 2: Half all right, faith, you know what you are for our purposes, your Russell Crow, you Russell cry to us a New Zealander, But who is claimed as an Australian.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's reference. I know that, so let's say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But no, for me, the journey basically came about from I actually grew up doing dance competitions, obviously going against multiple different people, and then I won a few dance competitions and got flown out to the States to compete against like the best talent in the States, and.
Speaker 1: What sort of dance was that At this point, this.
Speaker 3: Was all like lyrical, jazz, contemporary, acro. I've been training like literally since I was two in all those genres, thirty six hours a week. Literally, Yeah, NonStop, go to school, go to dance, go to cheer sleep me like it was insane. I was that kid that was always falling asleep at school. But anyways, it was all worth it in the end. So yeah, basically grew up doing dance competitions, flew over to the States, and then it started doing dance comps against his incredible talent in the States, and was like, wait, I need to start connecting with the talent here. So I followed a few of the girls on Instagram. And one of the girls I followed is now my teammates. So back when I was sixteen, I followed her on Instagram and we got chatting and we always kept in touch throughout the years. And then she became a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and I was like, what is this girl doing? This looks incredible, Like we don't have anything like this in Australia, So I'm going to follow them on Instagram. So followed the GCC on Instagram. Always kept in touch with her, always was loving seeing her posts. And then who was wasting her name? Her name is Sophie right, Yes, she's incredible and so so you were sixteen, so this must have been six It was in twenty two hours, sixty years ago, six years ago, insane. So found out about it through that and then obviously it was still in an Australia training and then the show came out on Netflix, and that's where the game changed. But when the show came out on Netflix, I was actually working as a professional dancer on a cruise ship with Royal Caribbean. So I was in my little bunk bed working a ten month contract. Like I enjoyed it and I loved it, but in my intuition, I knew that there was more out there for me. I was content, but I wasn't fully like this is what I want to be doing for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: I'm not entirely nourished as a creative exactly.
Speaker 3: So I was like, there's something else out there for me, but I don't know what it is yet. Anyway, So the show comes out and I'm like, to my room back, we need to sit down and watch it, like get the bunk beds. We're getting that, we're watching it. So we sat down, we watched the first season. I binged it all in one night and was hooked. I was like, oh, this is a bit of me. This show so obviously growing up with that background of dancing and then also being an all star cheerleader. I was tumbling, flipping, flying. I was like, this is both those things that I've trained my whole life into one job, Like it is screaming my name, it's perfect. But once I watched the show, I was like, oh, they're Never I didn't even look at the show going oh yeah, I'm going to be there, right.
Speaker 2: You were just watching it in almost the abstract sense of like, oh I can do that. I understand what they're doing. This is amazing. But never it was too much.
Speaker 1: On your vision board.
Speaker 3: No, it was past my vision board, like it was didn't even make it to the vision board because I was like, faith, that's not a reality, Like let's be realistic right now. So the fact that once I saw the show, obviously it was just you know, like, oh, I'm got an awe of it. I was still auditioning for a million other things. I was like, I'm not one hundred percents out of this cruise of life. So I went to Paris. I was aditioning for a cabaret called Mulan Rouge.
Speaker 2: Right, which is also I think there's a number of actually Perth dancers who have been deducted rouge as.
Speaker 1: If you know that, yeah, oh there you go.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have so many friends that have gone and done it and it looks incredible. So I wouldn't watch the show on Paris, and then I knew the audition was like coming up, so you know, did all that or just for that? They offered me a contract in April and I was like, you know, when your guts like, oh yes, take it, but still not one hundred percent sure. I had this weird feeling in my I was like, oh, I don't know. I want to think about it for a little bit. I kid you not. I get home that night, I open my Instagram direct messages up and there is a message from the DCC recruiter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insane, hang on and slow down.
Speaker 2: I know Kelly and Judy have trouble understanding here because you're a quick talker, right, I speak the same language as you, but we have to digest this moment. So I didn't know that was the thing either. So they contacted you. How, how and where had they seen you? Are they across the Mulane Rouge auditions.
Speaker 3: It just happened that I was in Paris doing that at the same time. She had found me through social media and just saw me posting all my dance content. And then while the timing was that I was in Paris, I just happened to get this DM at the same time. It was like a sign that it was like, don't take that job. This is your career, this is your chosen path. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got goosam same every time I say it. I'm like what that was like my sign?
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, wait, maybe this that they're looking for inter national candidates, Like maybe I should apply? Like this is it screaming faith, this is your chance, take it, make your dreams a reality? Faith.
Speaker 1: What did the message say?
Speaker 3: It was the most nonchalant message I've ever read in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I'll put this in the show. It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: It's that she's just like, hey, you should apply for DCC with like a red lover.
Speaker 1: Her name is Shelley. She's incredible. I would not be sitting here without Shelley.
Speaker 3: She has helped me throughout my whole journey visas, all the stuff that you don't think about that goes into applying. Being obviously from the other side of the globe, she has helped me with.
Speaker 1: So it's been incredible and just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you get the message. If someone's hit you up in your DMS.
Speaker 1: The best DM sliding ever and so then then what happens.
Speaker 3: So once I got the DM, basically she was like, look like, I'm not going to be like, yes, you've got the job.
Speaker 1: You've got to do the hard work yourself. You've got to put in the effort.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to send you the link to apply and let you know that if you do make the steps going forward for the online auditions, we will help you get a visa to come to finals. I was like, okay, girl, I was absolutely So basically did all the online submissions. So it started with a video round submission for online one.
Speaker 2: A video of you dancing or they want to see how you present, yes.
Speaker 1: So basically just want to see like you speaking to the camera.
Speaker 3: So just hi, my name's Faith, you know, your generic details about yourself, and then just a one minute thirty video of you dancing. So I had already pre recorded this oneman at thirty video to send off for other jobs because I was like, I was trying to supply for anything and everything, So I'd perfected this video. I knew it had everything that I could offer, and every genre of dance style, fashion, beauty, everything was in this video. So I sent that off with pretty high hopes. I was like, Okay, like, I hope they liked this video. I hope it's what they're looking for. But I did also know that it's very different to what they normally go for when they apply because obviously the pro dance cheerstyle was with palms, so I knew that I wasn't going.
Speaker 1: To be sending that through.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be sending through me with my hair up and showing my differences, and.
Speaker 1: You'd never the cheer.
Speaker 2: The style that you'd been doing didn't involve pomp poms.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: My chair that I did growing up was backflips. I was getting thrown in the air doing the Pyramids sort of thing. Yeah, that's sort of the pyramid, you know exactly, and that was called all Star chilading, and then the pomp po chileading style that you do in NFL is called pro dance style. So they're very different to each other, but obviously have similarities in the fact that you know, you're all put together and you're flexible, and you're kicking and you're doing all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So it definitely helped me with learning to adapt style.
Speaker 2: From the show that the kicks are obviously a real thing and different in style from like other styles of dance. So you've got to really be able to bring your leg up.
Speaker 3: Well, I marvel at these, I'm so impressed that bag to know. Yeah, no, so, but the DCC kicks you have to kick directly in front of your face. Yes, you're supposed to touch your nose. Oh yes, queen, you know it. You literally if you kick out to the side, you're gonna be hitting your friend next year. So you cannot do that. It has to be directly in front of your nose. And that brings us back to my online submission round two. So obviously I make the round one that was all happy Days. I was like, okay, cool, Faith, You've made round one. Don't get too excited now, so oh, you've still got to get through the round two. So anyway, we get to the round two online submission, and now that involves the kicks, right, the iconic girl didn't know about the thing that you have to kick directly in front, so that turned out. I mean, they try to tell you, but like, I've been trained a certain way my whole life. So going back now and reflecting on that video, I looked at it and I was like, oh my gosh, Faith, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: You're not kicking directly in front of.
Speaker 3: Your face because I was always trying to kick, you know, slightly turned out.
Speaker 1: So I did the second round.
Speaker 3: That was all fine and well, and then I remember I was actually in Sydney, still auditioning for more.
Speaker 1: I'm still hustling.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was like in the mindset of like, Okay, keep your options open, Faith, because it's not guaranteed that this is going to fall into your lap, so just keep auditioning. So I was at another audition and auditioning for a musical when I came home that night to the video from Kelly the director saying that congratulations, you are.
Speaker 1: Going to finals in Dallas, Texas. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then at sinked in I was like, okay, wait, wow, actually a possibility right now, faith, Like.
Speaker 1: You need to like lock in.
Speaker 2: What through this process did it feel to you, like, well, like without any arrogance, But did it feel like it was going to be something that you're going to end up doing or were you still at this stage thinking well, I'm I'm gonna give it a read, hot go.
Speaker 3: I was a little bit in denial for sure, but I do think down in my intuition, I was like I could, I could. I could see the dream like it was almost like manifestation, and you can pitch yourself in the uniform. You could pitch yourself doing it. But it's just like, how how is that going to happen? Like it just couldn't. It never really hit me until I was standing there trying it all. I remember she was like fitting me for the uniform during tryouts, and I was like, wait a damn minute, like this needs to happen, Like I'm supposed to be here, earned my place to be here, I've worked just as hard as everyone else. So yeah, I knew that it was definitely an option, but I still definitely doubted myself a little bit as well.
Speaker 2: But so then you fly to Texas, yes, to do the tryout, So this is now where the real deal happens finals.
Speaker 1: How many girls are involved at this point?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they flew about, they didn't fly, we'd fly ourselves obviously, soay, double my money, no, of course, of course, all your own money, and off you go. I knew there was another Australian girl trying out as well, a girl from Japan. There was a few other international candidates, which is really cool to see and it made you feel like, okay, cool, I'm not just the only one that's crazy going after this, see the.
Speaker 2: First faith that they've opened the doors to internationals. Was it like a conscious thing or this has always happened in the past.
Speaker 3: Has always happened obviously when the Netflix show came out, there was no Australians or international candidates on the show that I'm aware of, but they have had previous years and I'm actually really good friends and than Ossie who was on the team back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Her name is Janelle and she is incredible, so she really helped me. Just like she's Aussie. Her name's Janelle. You know. Yeah, oh that's so true. That's such an ossy name.
Speaker 2: Haye.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 3: So no, she really helped me just keeping me like is this normal Janelle and she was like, yes, Faith, that's normal. And like having an Aussie to talk too about the experience of the journey was really helpful. Yes. In the finals, finals, So finals was probably the most crazy day of my life. They had about eighty girls all come together from all over the country. Right. I knew there was a couple of international candidates. So we all sit down and you just go up and you do a solo one at a.
Speaker 1: Time, and this is when you all do the dance. This is when you do.
Speaker 3: Your dance where all my dancing training from growing up was going to come to play. I was like, okay, Faith, you know you can do this stuff. This is where you need to show that this is your strong suit. Where I knew that the field stuff for the pompoms I hadn't really done before, so I was like, you need to show them now that this is this is you and this is why you're here. And then in the field stuff, fake it to you, make it girl. I was giving it my best shot. I performed a really beautiful lyrical piece, and yeah, I gave it my all. I put in all my best tricks, told a really great story behind the dance as well, and I could tell that they were really enjoying it by just looking in their face on the panel. And that was like the most rewarding feeling, knowing that, like I'd been training for like three months leading up to that audition, obviously my whole life, but like just on that specific dance, with that three months of running it and then performing it and looking at their faces and like the owner of the company you heard, Jerry Jones's daughter was sitting there, Charlotte. Her face just lit up, and I remember just looking thinking, oh, my goodness.
Speaker 1: Does she like me? Like hopefully? Wow.
Speaker 3: It was the most incredible feeling. Yeah, it was really cool. So once you do that, you then go into the field stuff. So I was like number I think I was number fifty out of like the eighty girls, right, and you're all sitting in these chairs just waiting to go in your heart in your chest. It was the most scary feeling of my life. I don't think I've ever been so nervous.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's this point, what's the vibe with the other women, because you're, yeah, you're you're in it together, you're also against each other.
Speaker 1: That's a really good question.
Speaker 3: I feel like at this rate, I didn't know anyone, so I'm like chatting making friends to everyone, and when I get nervous, I'm like, just talk to me, please calm me down. Obviously, then I kind of realized the cultural differences. I was like, oh, okay, so I'm a yaffa, you know, Ossie gal, trying to make banter and they're all just like looking at me, like this girl.
Speaker 1: Is not funny, like what is going on about?
Speaker 3: And that's when I realized, okay, Faith, you've got to like adapt a little bit here. But no, the girls are all the sweetest things ever, and they make the experience it's a little bit terrifying less terrifying.
Speaker 1: So well, their.
Speaker 2: Experience, I imagine, is very different because they've grown up knowing this intimately and having it as the pinnacle of if you're a dancer, what you want to achieve, whereas you had fairly recently to it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So they had had this idea from college cheer because obviously in Australia, we don't have college, so they all grew up with this image of being a DCC, which so did.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know it yet.
Speaker 3: And they'd been doing the whole cheer spiriting all of that stuff their whole life, so they're probably sitting there going, yeah, we know what to expect, this is what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like a deer in headlights, going all right, here.
Speaker 3: We go, like I'm just gonna give it my best shot, and like I knew that I'd worked just as hard to be there, but it was also super intimidating not really knowing what to expect.
Speaker 1: So yeah, definitely, And then when did you get the scenes?
Speaker 3: So basically, after you do your solo, you then go out into the field and you start doing the field choreography. And they'd pre taught this to us off a video, so I felt pretty confident that i'd picked it up and retained the informational good.
Speaker 1: So I just told it.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, faith, if you haven't got the style downpack just yet, you're gonna sell it here. Girl. It's what you're gonna do is I'm just performing for my dear life. I am kicking, like doing everything. I knew that this is my one shot to show them that I am capable of making this team, so I'm gonna put in every last bit of me and I did exactly that. So then I got that feeling of like, okay, cool, Like I knew I gave it my all today and even if I don't make this team, I can walk away knowing that I put my best foot forward.
Speaker 1: And that was a nice feeling. How much charm are you getting in between?
Speaker 2: Obviously it's this is a very intense part of the process. I mean, it's all intense, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: But who are you talking to back home? Who are you going your mum and Faith?
Speaker 1: Updates?
Speaker 2: Right? And what are you saying, like, how's that first conversation when you like, I've I've made it, you know, through the funnels, made.
Speaker 1: It into the field. We don't know yet. She's just like, Faith, tell me I need updates. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Imagine your daughter being on the other side of the world auditing for this team and then not really knowing what's going on because obviously we didn't have our phones on us. We're like on the field auditioning, fighting for our lives, and then we come back to the locker room and they make us wait for another hour before they bring us back out onto the field to announce who's then going to training camp. So you hadn't even made the team yet. It's just just final saying itself. The field diction process is like no other and I think every dancer athlete needs to experience a final day on its own because it is a different breed of sport, Like you are literally still fighting to then make the audition round of six weeks of training camp, like it's insane. So Mum obviously was just like asking for updates the whole time, and then once I came back out, I was like, we gotta wait another forty five minutes and then called us back to the field. Poor Mom's like waiting by the phone consciously. And then I came back in and I said, look, mom, I made it to training camp. And that was the most surreal moment in my life. I'm pretty sure they called me out last.
Speaker 1: As well was sane.
Speaker 3: So I kid, you know, I'm sitting there and I'm like, all right, got a book, kantus flat home tomorrow. I'm going home like that is that? And then they were like and the last person that's making it to training camp is and then the camera comes running up the stairs and it's on my face and I was like, nah, this is insane. I remember like literally getting teary.
Speaker 2: How many how many girls were not chosen? How many girls when you were the last name were.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure forty six made it to training camp.
Speaker 3: And obviously it's only a team of thirty six, so out of the eighty girls that were all sitting there right, the few that were you know, missed out on their dreams, which also was really hard to watch because you're with these girls the whole day and you know, training to them and it's just as much their dream as it is yours, and then watching you succeed in them not it's just like heartbreaking. So that was really hard, But it gets harder throughout training camp because you are now in training camp and you're living in a hotel with these girls, bonding over the fact that you're fighting for your dream job. And then you go into training camp practice every night and your friends are getting caught and sent home. You almost get that feeling of like it's like imposter syndrome is at the word where you're just like, oh my god, why am I like.
Speaker 2: It's to run or survivor guilt? Yes, I'm right word for it. Yeah, Yeah, it's incredible. After the break, Faith explains how the controversial Ponytail came to be. We haven't seen your series yet, and I gather your series that's I think is coming out in the middle of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: It sure is very soon, so June you can watch me in season three of America's Hearts.
Speaker 2: Yes, and apparently you are quite the focus of this series.
Speaker 1: Well where did you hear this? I don't know where I hear stuff from.
Speaker 3: But I feel like there's a lot of talk as to yet obviously the ponytawil being Australia and New Zealand, I was like, at the end of the day, they film a lot of stuff, you only really see two percent of what actually happens, you know what I mean, Like, there's so much more that goes on behind closed doors. But it is really cool to like see the show, I guess. I mean, I haven't seen myself on the show yet and get to like reflect on my season as a rookie, So I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Seeing that with my rookie sisters and just everything.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny that you mentioned the ponytail. I mean, there's two things. Is that in a bree out. Lovely was talking to me before earlier about the cheerleader effect, which is basically, the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and the sum of the parts is magnificent. All of you women individually are stunning and accomplished, but when you put all of you together, then you get kind of another level of the spectacle. But within that, the eye is always drawn to difference, and you had a double fold one because you were Australian and secondly because of what you mentioned. And this is I'm going to utter the most insane sentence ever. Please the controversial ponytail that that zern that's a thing, and tell me how that came about? And did that emerge from through training camp?
Speaker 3: It sure did. So I went into the mindset with that. I knew I was different. I knew that I hated wearing my hair out when I was dancing. Always a ponytail girl growing up, right, So then going into training camp, I'd already taken my headshot photos like that I'd sent through for other jobs, and obviously knowing that I was going to apply for DCC, that I was just going to send through the same headshot. Right. I that my hair wasn't out, but I was like, you know what, they can still see my face, it's fine, hair up whatever. So I had my hair up in a slip pontytail in my headshot that they look at every single day when you're in training camp. Right, So Judy and Kelly sit in a chair in front of you while you're in the studio dancing, and they have a like a page with all your head all the rookies headshots that are trying as made the team. So they had my headshots sitting right in front of them with my hair tied up. And I'm standing in front of them with my hair out, and I just remember one of the days we just learned Thunderstruck, and I'm trying to do Thunderstruck with.
Speaker 1: My hair out.
Speaker 3: And in the DCC slang, there's like this thing called haerography, right, so learning style please you know it lock exactly right, that's so good. So learning to do the style itself was already a lot for me because I hadn't trained in it at all, and then as well, trying to add the hair biography, I was like struggling. I looked like a drowned rat who was sweating and drowning in a pool. Time not the look they're going for it, No, And I was looking across to all the reefs and all the beautiful girls. I'm just like, they look like Victoria's secret bombshells right now. And I'm a bit of a head sweater, Like when I sweat, the sweat is coming from my head. So it was just wet, flat hair that just did not look good on me. So remember Kelly was looking at the paper and then she looked up at me and she just goes, can you go put your hair in it? Can you tie it up? I just looked and I was so excited. I was over the moon. Because when you are going through the training camp journey, there's a procedure called makeovers right where they make you up and.
Speaker 1: They put you in your signature look.
Speaker 3: And Kelly brought it up then when I was sitting in the chair, she was like, oh, I do really like your headshot that you submitted with your hair up, and I said, wait, what you like? That's not a thing in DCC land. It's the iconic bouncy blowout. Why would you want my hair up? And then she kind of just walked off. I was like, and the makeover finished and my hair was out, so like, okay, that's maybe not happening. And then it was training camp where she saw me sweating with my hair out and she was like, Okay, this girl is not serving bouncy blowout, and so they wouldn't put it up.
Speaker 2: So is this the first time that a DCC's had a pinytail.
Speaker 3: No, there's actually been a lot of other hairstyles throughout the decades, but on the Netflix show. Yes, that's why it's caused so much controversy, and not really in the recent years. It was more back in like the sixties and the seventies and the eighties through the nineties, and then obviously the choreographer duty she had pigtails, so that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, But in this incarnation it was unheard of it. And then what's the.
Speaker 2: You know, because you're still competing against each other at this point, even though there is the sisterhood, but you know, your antenna are really attuned to any difference or who's getting told or who's getting this.
Speaker 3: And you can't fall into the trap of doing that. That's the hardest bit, the whole thing with training camp. It's all a mind game. It's literally a game in your mind, and you just have to beat it because if you don't, you're not going to make the team.
Speaker 1: So every day I would just walk in going, don't listen.
Speaker 3: Obviously, take on board their corrections and stuff, but don't let it affect you because at the end of the day, yes, they can come off quite strict, but they're giving you feedback because they see potential in you and they want you to make this team.
Speaker 1: Just as much as you want it.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I was getting drilled quite a bit, and you'll probably see that in season three. I was a little bit, let's just say, not experience with the yes ma'am's, yes, yes, yes, MAM's got me good, the yes ma'am got me good?
Speaker 1: Do you get pulled up on not yes ma'amy A little just read the room. I think I just read the room.
Speaker 3: Remember there was one time and the camera, one of the Netflix cameras was covering me and they were going down the line and training camp giving feedback to each of the girls, and Judy and Kelly couldn't see me quite properly, so they were like, oh, we like can't give you any feedback right now because we couldn't see you because the camera was covering you. In my brain, I knew I looked terrible. So I remember I just looked at them and this is like one of our first days, and I just said, oh, it's probably a good thing, and the whole room just went dead silent.
Speaker 4: I wanted to crawl into a ball, like nobody laughed. No one laughed, no one laugh no one got it. The girls will laugh back in the changer, will me later. They were like, you're hilarious. But they were just like, you just need to say yes ma'am.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, ah, well this is a very interesting. Once again, that's a cultural thing. We're not a yes ma'am society.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And like, I guess they got that, and I think they also appreciated that.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh, wait, this girl's kind of different.
Speaker 3: She's not just sitting here going yes ma'am. And I think they were kind of like, you know what, let's let's let's give her a chance, and let's let's hear her out. So I made sure I came back the next lesson, and I went home with all the upper veterans, and I was standing in the mirror next to them and making sure I looked exactly same as them, trying to get the style and improve so I could go back and prove to them that I did have what it takes to make this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: You tell them so when you got anointed as the person who could have their hair in a ponytail? Yes, how was that ripple effect through the other women?
Speaker 1: It was a little crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I think they were all just as shocked as I was. I think they were like, oh, like, you just tied your hair up because you're hard at practice. And I was like, no, no, no, because the day that Kelly told me to tie my hair up, it was a rookie only practice. And these are like the scariest practices ever. You know that day that someone is going to be going home because they just have the rookies in.
Speaker 1: The room, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So they normally make cuts on these days. So that's why the veterans aren't around. So it's only like, let's just say how many training can candidates were. There was like fourteen of us in the room. So then the vets come back in the next day, and I kept my hair tied up because I was like, Kelly told me to tie it up yesterday, I'm going to come back in with it today tied up because we had a group practice, and I remember all the girls were coming up to me being like, oh, you just tying your hair up because you're hard, or like what, what's wrong? Why is your hair up? I said, no, no, no, Kelly told me to. And they said what, like Kelly told you to tie your hair up? And I was like yes, like what I didn't I didn't get the hype. I was like, what's so crazy about it? Like, yeah, I've got my hair up, and they're like, faith, that's unheard of, like it hasn't happened in years, and I was just like, Okay, this is a big deal. Like obviously I was very honored and I was very happy because I felt more myself, and both the directors and the choreographer said that as well.
Speaker 1: That were Kelly and.
Speaker 3: Judy were just like you're dancing, more like you look like you're enjoying dance again, Like I just felt stressed. My hair was covering my face. It wasn't my personality. I'm a very bubbly one hundred miles an hour, as you said, and most people know person so having my hair up my face, I can just show my personality bit more and it's more diverse in just me.
Speaker 1: So it felt right.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you're prepared because now these are twofold process It's that is going to be your life, which is you're a DCC, you're dancing for the Dallas Cowboys, you're cheerleading for them. But there's also the Netflix show, so there's going to be like a double serve of fame.
Speaker 3: As it is, it's been more than I ever could imagined. I didn't really truly realize how incredibly strong the fan base is. Like obviously I knew it was a big deal, but like just being like my life has done a three sixty for the better, of course, but I just didn't realize how like it's. It's also kind of scary sometimes, you know what I mean, Like we're getting escorted by security everywhere because we get stalkers, Like it's that's at times where you go, oh my goodness, this is scary. But then there's the other times. We have the incredible fans that are like, I drove this far to meet you, and then you see the look on their face and they see you out on the field and you're like, oh my god, this is why I do this job again, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, well, it does draw.
Speaker 2: The obsessive in some regards and what safeguards do they have for you or what training do they give you about that.
Speaker 3: We get a lot of training obviously with like how to stay safe and media and social media as well, because you know, not posting where you are at the exact time, because you get people rocking up and it's it can be kind of terrifying. We had a girl on my team get an air tag on her car, which was wow, absolutely terrifying, and they knew where she lived and well, it's got Goosebum'm saying it that she makes me feel sick. So yeah, they've obviously briefed us on all that and we have top security. So that's really nice being back in Australia. I think I remind myself how lucky I am to call this place home, because I instantly just feel so much safer, which sounds really bad, because America is a great place to live in all but we just we have it really good. And ods you don't realize that until you know you go away and there's this normal thing called amber alerts with your phone since you were text message in America when there's been a child abduction, and you're just like, what that happens here? Like, obviously it happens in Australia, to we just don't hear about it as regularly as it does happen in the States.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a huge population and exactly makes a difference, Yes, and in some areas, I mean, it's increasingly apparent there's a high level of dysfunction and dissatisfaction within that society.
Speaker 1: But you are in.
Speaker 2: The the bubble of this other world, and how much of the outside world enters that bubble? Like in my experience with dancers in the past, I did dancing with the stars.
Speaker 1: Don't look it up terrible? You did it terrible? Why did I know that it's terrible?
Speaker 2: I've spent a lot of time with dancers and and I really grew to love them because they are in a world where people are increasingly spending a lot of time in their heads, not.
Speaker 1: To their benefits.
Speaker 2: Dancers live in their bodies, so there's a different a real different energy about them. Although obviously a lot of the women, as we've seen from the series, there's a lot going on in their heads as well.
Speaker 3: There is and I completely see why there is a lot Now at the time, I've been watching the show going, oh my god, like Chill Legg's on that deep. But when you're in that situation and you are literally fighting for your life and you are sitting in front of these two women who do it and color are incredible, Like I love them both so much, have so much respect for both of them.
Speaker 1: But it can be a little bit intimidating. I'm not gonna lie like, I'm like, oh, you guys are kind of scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like uneasy lies. The head that wears the crown. They have to make really difficult decisions and they have to see enough in you exactly to decide if you can grow into what they want you to grow into.
Speaker 1: And they have an eye for it.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that much because like they can just see it whether or not you have it or you don't. And like, at the end of the day, you don't want to be on this team if you aren't mentally ready to be on this team, because you're not going to make it through the season.
Speaker 1: Training camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's hard and all, but then get into the season where you're training every single day to do games for hours where I actually wore my AURA ring to a game once and it said I was burning four thy five hundred calories. That is not a normal amount of galleries to burn doing a workout. So that's a lot of calories to be burning. So imagine that is just your game day, right, plus you were built up with the whole week of rehearsing for that game. Your body, your mind, everything is so exhausted. So you have to be able to handle like a champ, you know, like it can't just be Oh, I'm feeling, you know, kind of sick today. I can't make it the game. I had influenza A on our last game and there I was doing thunderstruck.
Speaker 1: How was it a blue luf? It was so rough.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere after the break, Faith reveals the prank she played on her mum when she found out she was officially a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Poor mom, there's a beautiful I mean, there's a couple of things about you. One that you know, miss faith that's that's like a talisman you carry around with you every time you say your name. And that thunderstruck his ACDC in Australian band.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: It's like there were little there were little easter eggs along the way for you, saying you're doing your right.
Speaker 3: Thing right, exactly right. It just felt so perfect when I saw them bring down the rack of uniforms and I just remember like falling to the ground, being like I just made it through that experience, Like what and I've got I did it. I remember facetiming Mum and I like pranked her. I was so mean and I said, Mom, that's it. I didn't make the team. And then I just saw her face and she was just like it's okay. And then I put the uniform up and she just like fell to the ground and she was just like all the years of driving you to cheer dance acro everything has paid off. All the money she spent, She's the most hard working woman I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 1: And she was just what did she do? Mom? Yeah, what did she do?
Speaker 3: Oh, she's just a full time mama, one of five sisters, so she's incredible. She had us three girls, separated from my dad and then literally was hustling for me to stay into dancing.
Speaker 1: Because that's a lot of money as well. No, it's not at all. So that woman she worked like job play lessons and costumes and.
Speaker 3: Kept me in a private school, kept me in dancing, gave me extra private lessons, was still doing tumbling classes, was doing everything and above. Like, my mom is seriously the best, and I would not be sitting here right now if it wasn't for that woman. Like she's insane. We're best friends, so it's great. But she must miss you, Yeah she does. She's like, where are you going now? She's like, I want you home. You're only home for a month. You need to be home. I'm like, yes, mom, I'll be back soon.
Speaker 2: But when he was season kicks off, will she come? Is it a possibility she can come or family can come?
Speaker 3: She did come, so she came to meet the team, which was incredible. So you'll see her in season three probably she's hilarious. She was helping me, like trying to put my ponytowel in and stuff, and we're just both running around like crazy women, not knowing what's going on.
Speaker 1: And that was incredible.
Speaker 3: So then hopefully next season I'll get to have my little sisters come and the rest of my family come to watch me.
Speaker 2: So, you know you were talking about your caloric output during the game, the energy expended, Yes, and that, of course is has got to be a massive underlying part of what it takes to be able to continue in this discipline. Is wait, you get fitted for your is this right? You get fitted for your costume, your outfits once and those measurements don't change.
Speaker 1: Nope, and they do not change.
Speaker 3: But you know what the crazy thing is for me, I actually found I eat a lot of food, like you're seeing.
Speaker 1: The stay was like, can we go get in an at Burger? Can we do shape shack?
Speaker 3: Like I'm a food et I need my food to get through the game. Like if I don't have a big car bload meal before the game, I'm going to pass out.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to make it through. Because your body needs.
Speaker 3: It, Like you're literally burning that much, it doesn't make sense to not eat so you can fit better in your unif you know what I mean, Like you need to fil your body.
Speaker 1: So for me, I was.
Speaker 3: Actually struggling with losing weight so quickly because of how many calories I was burning, Like I would find like I was like, I've dropped on the belt size, Like what so you just have to add more holes into the belt size to make it tighter, right, But that's insane to me because I was eating so much. There was never a time that I wasn't eating. I was always passed before the game and then I'd have a snack in between the game.
Speaker 1: After the game, I was eating wingstop. Right.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting because metabolically everyone's different, and we all know that's what you learn, yeah, right, And I mean we all remember Victoria, yes, and the struggle of Victoria, which.
Speaker 3: Was awful, Yeah, awful, also awful, and I just I can imagine how she would have felt. I actually haven't met Victoria yet personally, but I've heard amazing things and I look forward to.
Speaker 1: To make it into the rockets. I think she's still training. She's just killing it though, so I'm really happy for her.
Speaker 3: Like she has the work ethic and the determination to make it as a rocket. So I really hope she gets there. She's training for it, so I'm sure she will. But I know that she struggled a bit, and that was obviously really hard to watch. But then being in the environment and knowing what it's like to be in there, understand how she would have felt. And that's really hard as a woman and a female growing up as a dancer, constantly looking at yourself in the mirror, like you're literally never not in front of a mirror, and that effect on yourself as it is as a woman and a young girl growing up as a lot. So then getting into you know, your dream job and getting you've got one uniform, that's it could be hard, you know, on your brain to know that you have to like maintain the figure that you've been hired as.
Speaker 1: But I feel like we're really lucky that obviously.
Speaker 3: We're in twenty twenty six now there's not going to be any crazy comments maybe to your face, right yeah, about your weight, so that.
Speaker 2: But there is the code, I mean, and it's through necessity. We understand why it has to be like that. Even though, like you said, it's twenty twenty six, and we bridle rightly at judgment of a woman's body. But the idea is there is a uniformity to your shape.
Speaker 1: I feel like not so much this day and age.
Speaker 3: Now. I really think that Kelly has looked back on that, and I feel like she has reflected and knows that now it's important to have all different shapes and sizes, Like there's a girl that's five to two on the team and I'm five to eight, so we have a different heights, you know what I mean. So I feel like these days they're really trying to get leave that in the past, and I really hope that they stick to that because it needs to go, like, come on, let's be real. Well.
Speaker 2: It's also in many ways you've come in at the perfect time as well, because the money issue was already sorted because well, maybe not, it's.
Speaker 3: Not the greatest, but look, I am so blessed that is gone up as the thing. There was this big thing going around saying it was a four hundred percent pay increase, which don't get me wrong, it's a pay increase, And I'm so incredibly blessed to be trying the team when that happened, Like I would not be able to you know, I don't have a visa for a bit, so I couldn't get a job, and you know, have extra money coming in, So I would not be surviving if we didn't have that pay increase. But it's still not realistically enough for what we do as athletes.
Speaker 2: And then when you're doing events, because there's an increasing appetite for you for the DCC to be at you know, launches and events and you know like commercial opportunities, do you get paid separately for that?
Speaker 3: Yes, And that is the other really good thing. Obviously now with the show and everything and the popularity of DCC, it's incredible as it should be. We're now getting books on a lot of appearances and meeting rereads and standing posts and that is really cool. Obviously they don't tend to go for two long mas. You'll probably be there for like two hours. You know, nothing's cheap these days, especially in America, like your grocery shop, your car, everything, your apartment, nothing's cheap. So you definitely, I personally would not be able to survive still off the pay absolutely not like I'm still paying for my rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of the women have another job, if not more than one, and so what you.
Speaker 3: Do So I full time create social media content for a living, which I'm incredibly grateful for, and obviously with my dancing and all my you know, stuff that I've achieved over the year, I love posting and sharing that and just sharing behind the scenes in my life. I also qualified and makeup, so I love doing makeup. I lived a very normal life growing up. I worked at Sephora, had a very normal life, worked hard for my money, bought my own car outright, you know, didn't get it all on a silver platter. So I know what it's like to work hard and have to earn your money, but then getting put in a position with social media to earn it from doing what I love is the most rewarding and cool feeling ever.
Speaker 2: But also the time, you know, time is the ultimate commodity, and you need the time to perfect your routines to self care because there's a lot of maintenance required as well. You women are increasingly a part of a huge part of that, And is there still a movement to and I don't want to compromise you obviously on when you're on the cusp with something amazing that's so say, but even I was moved to tweet about it when I found out that you weren't getting paid, the girls were getting paid.
Speaker 3: The girls fought, they fought hard, and they fought long, and I'm so incredibly honored to be friends with them and that I got to experience the pay increase. Like for example, Jada, she fought so hard as well, but didn't even audition to make the team the next year, and she did that just for the other joy and for others, knowing that she was going to come in and make an impact, and she left with an impact too, So that was really cool.
Speaker 2: And is that non going thing that there's still like this low level or maybe medium level agitation for your pay to be reflective of your contribution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think look like they're definitely still is room for improvement, but we'll take what we can get right now. And it's been an improvement, so I think we're all just super grateful that they're finally they've seen that we are. You know, that we deserve more and they've given that. So we'll leave it at that for now and see how it goes in the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: But for now, I'm just honestly, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: This sounds really bad to say, but like, I would have still have done it if the pain creas didn't happen, because I just want like and they know that, and that's the hard thing.
Speaker 1: They know that. Like, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I don't even know about the pain increase when I was re auditioning because I only came out once I had made the team, right, So I was just in the mindset like, oh, cool, but that's a bonus, right, But I knew that I'd have to have another job on the side to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Otherwise what was happened, So.
Speaker 3: When the pain increase came, it was just like, Okay, amazing bonus. But I know now after completing a full season that what we do still deserves more than that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And this happens to feminized industries partly if you look at like childcare or whatever. It happens because we're motivated by the caring side of ourselves, do you know what I mean? So we're exploited in that sense and for you, and similarly in showbiz, because we always know there are people who would do our jobs for nothing, and they know that too.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's so hard. What goes into this job is not normal, Like it is not normal what we do. And we're literally athletes. We're not just dances or cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: We are athletes. And what goes into this job is like no other. So and you're value adding athletes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: On the upfield.
Speaker 2: What I'm always intrigued about, faith is I mean, the point of the game is the mean is the game?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: The point of the game is the game, absolutely, and you're a magnificent introduction and adornment to that whole sense of occasion that happens.
Speaker 1: But you are not allowed to meet the football players to fraternize, to fraternize.
Speaker 2: I believe it because that's like basically like putting a bowl of cheeto cheese and bacon balls in front of me and saying, do not touch you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, not for me? The players with you women, Like how did they how do they keep you apart? Well, they don't really keep us apart.
Speaker 3: I mean, like we're pretty close on the field, you know, like Hi Hawaii, the usual generic whatever.
Speaker 1: But we all know how hard.
Speaker 3: We work to get to this position that it wouldn't be worth no but it must have been.
Speaker 1: It's like Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 2: As as soon as you tell people that they're not allowed to have something that I get what you're saying. What it once there must have been breaches in the past where where where a player and a cheerleader have found each other.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, not that I know of my team these days at all, but I have remember. I do remember watching the CMT, the show where it was called making the Team, yes, and hearing a few scandals on that that it happen, but you just got fired instantly, like the girl would just the girl would get fired of course then like it was just like no, that that's in your contract.
Speaker 1: It's not allowed. Like if you're gonna do that, you're going to lose your job.
Speaker 3: So now I think we all just know that it's just a no go, Like it's not even a conversation of topics, like you just wouldn't even bother. Like I worked so hard to get to the spot, and I have an incredible boyfriend back home.
Speaker 1: That I'm doing long distance.
Speaker 3: Well I don't speak about a lot, but that's because that's the one part of my life that I like to keep private into myself. The outside world isn't so much in on and I don't need to be on on, you know what I mean, Like that's my one thing and like it's great having that so but long even if I wasn't hard, Yeah, long distance is hard, Like it's not made for the week, especially with a sixteen hour time difference, Like it's it's not easy.
Speaker 1: But if you love each other enough, you'll make it work.
Speaker 3: And what it's meant to be will be, I always say, And you know, he'll come to visit when he can, and I'll be home when I can, And yeah, that's that.
Speaker 2: If you think futuristically, because you know that you've got maximum five years as a veteran, yes.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: And it's probably too soon, but I guess you're used to always thinking about the next. It's part of your training. What have you thought about more? What plans have you put in place for your next so that you're you don't suddenly have your world deemed.
Speaker 3: I actually hate this question so much because I'm so bad. I'm such a live in the moment girl who doesn't know what she's doing tomorrow, let alone in a year. But I also think I love it because it's like, wait, you should have more goals.
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't just stop here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I'm always like I reach a goal and then I'm like, wait, what else is there? Is there more for me? Like That's how my brain kind of works. It's kind of bad but also fun. So my plan is basically to still go with the flow and to see where the wind takes me. I don't have any set plan for like I want to do three season, I want to do five, I want to do twelve. Like it's literally just like if I get to doing three seasons and go I'm over it.
Speaker 1: I'm over it, Like that's that.
Speaker 3: If I get to doing two seasons that I'm done, then that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: Or if I want to do the full five, we'll do the full five.
Speaker 3: But for me right now, I'm so happy and I recently just announced that I will be coming back to audition for a second season, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Very excited or so nervous As someone who straddles these two worlds as in your role as Russell Crowe my new name, What do you think is an essential Australasian quality that you have that stands out in contrast to the amount.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like us Aussie's we're hard working, we're driven, but we're also laid back and easy going, and I feel like that's one of our best traits.
Speaker 1: Like we're just chill, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, Like we don't take everything so seriously, but we also work hard and we we know what we go after, what we want. So I feel like that definitely stands out to them, and like maybe the bubbly crazy one hundred miles in our personality because we just, you know, we don't get things on a silvil plate.
Speaker 1: We have to like travel or work hard to get to where we want to be.
Speaker 3: So I feel like they see that drive and that work ethic from me, and like that's definitely an Aussie trait.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I show that as well.
Speaker 2: And coupled with what they look for, the charm of a girl next door And who knew the girl next door would come from the bottom of the world. Who knew?
Speaker 3: I didn't know either, but somehow made it happen and it's been the biggest blessing of my life.
Speaker 2: Faith Would, I cannot wait to see you in the series.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We're very thrilled.
Speaker 2: And can I know that I can say this on behalf of our listeners, like, we're so thrilled to have a dog in the hunt.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh, I mean that's an odd expression to you. No, no, but I get it. Yeah, yeah, I really hope.
Speaker 3: I'm wrapping my Aussie and Kiwi's proud because that's all I want to do. And you know, leave an impact and now I hope I inspire many others to go after their dreams because you know what, you can dream it, you can do it.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you one final question actually, and it's like you know where you were talking about. By nature of your work, it's looking in the mirror all the time, and it always has to be judgment, refinement, improvement.
Speaker 1: Of course, how do you.
Speaker 2: Retain a good channel for that? Do you teach yourself or get to the point where you look at yourself and judge yourself not personally, if.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, but actually judge just on the metrics. This is a good question.
Speaker 3: I feel like you really just have to train yourself into keeping a really good mindset, even if you don't really believe it yourself.
Speaker 1: Youve got to tell yourself to.
Speaker 3: Believe it, you know what I mean, Like, if you're having a bad day, you gotta leave it at the door and come in and just leave whatever it was there, because you don't want to bring other people down, you know what I mean. And as you said, look in the mirror, and if you feel crappy, it's just like you got to remind yourself no, no, I am beautiful. You've got to tell yourself those things because it's all, at the end of the day, a mindset game.
Speaker 1: And if you're telling your mind, oh, I look like this, I feel like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to feel like that because you're telling yourself that, You've got to remind you gotta be kind to yourself, you know what I mean. And I feel like if you're not, it's going to show. And you're dancing, it's gonna show on everything you do. So manifestation, your mindset, keep it clear, keep it good, keep it healthy, and you're gonna it's gonna show results.
Speaker 2: Okay, So following on from that, what was your lowest moment, because we know that you're so happy at the moment, but within that there must have been a lower Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's been so many highs and lows. I mean trying to move my whole life across the world while training and learning all these dances, and then trying to move into an apartment, getting a visa, of getting a car, or They've had multiple mental breakdowns, and I'm I'm not sure if you guys will see many of those in the show, but there was a few times, even with this ponytail situation, trying to get the hair to stay in while doing Thunderstruck, I would literally have multiple cries when I got home because like imagine, I'm that girl that it's left on the field, a little blonde ponytail, it balls out. I would run that fast back to Australia that you wouldn't even see. Oh yeah, the amount of mountadowns over the hairstyle, the living situations, the there was so many mountain downs I couldn't even count. But there's been a few lows as much they come across like a happy person. You know, of course, we're going to show you all the highlights of our life. That's what Instagram and social media are for. But deep down, there has been a lot of you know, a lot of moments, but friends and family and your teammates, what gets you through that, and just reminding yourself that you've earned your spot to be here, and it's a privilege to have this experience, and it comes with all those highs and lows. You know, just got to it's the way you navigate yourself out of it.
Speaker 2: Faith Ward, your trajectory is as high as your kicks.
Speaker 1: I need to see your kick now. I know you don't.
Speaker 2: I know you don't, but I'm a very committed and appreciative enjoyer of your work and what's to come. And it's been such a joy to meet you. Faith Ward is part of one of the most watched and talked about cheerleading organizations in the world, and this conversation offered a rare look at what it's actually like to be inside it, and not just inside it, but to be inside it as an outsider. Because of course, Faith is not American. If you're curious about the next chapter of that world, Faith will appear in the upcoming season of Netflix's America's Sweethearts, which will be her first season on the series, adding a whole new layer of visibility to an already highly scrutinized role, and of course, a delicious, another layer for us watching in Australia. Thank you so much for listening to No Filter.