Speaker 1: We acknowledged the traditional custodians of the land we were recording on today.
Speaker 2: I open this door and see my husband having a deep conversation in a private little room with a beautiful model, and I was like, oh, sorry, then I apologize for some reason, shut the door and walk off.
Speaker 1: Why did you apologize? Don't hello?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Eat, Sleep, Shit, repeat your unhinged podcast about the madness that is motherhood and everything in between. I'm Kelly McCarron.
Speaker 1: And I'm Kiri Cels And in case you missed last week's episode, our very first of the year, we talked about goals. We started off talking about our fails, which were honestly the highlight of my day when I was editing that episode. We were so funny.
Speaker 2: We were so funny. I'm sure it's funny that we think we're so funny, but that's a right.
Speaker 1: Like else, you've got to back yourself.
Speaker 2: You've got a hello, bud, your own head funny. Otherwise what a boring place to be.
Speaker 1: We then shared a list of all the things we're hoping to do this year and hopefully.
Speaker 2: Inspired you all. We have loved hearing what some shitters are planning to get up to.
Speaker 1: Kel's also loved just saying that she's going to give her opinion on them when no one really asks for that.
Speaker 2: Listener, I just I enjoy giving feedback and making sure that people are feedback.
Speaker 1: Queen.
Speaker 2: Well, I just okay, you need to set realistic, achievable, and tangible goals. I'm married to a man whose only goal for the year is financial freedom, So what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Also, I don't feel like he spends a lot of money on stuff that isn't like needed, Like he's quite practical.
Speaker 2: What are you buying, sir? What does financial freedom mean?
Speaker 1: What? Surely he's buy everything that he wants, Like, he's not like an outrageously I mean, you can't buy.
Speaker 2: A boat, oh he wants he doesn't want a boat. He's probably like a sports car. But yeah, it's not like we're doing it tough. I don't understand what he meant by that. And that's why I liked your feedback, because it's like, well, that's a silly goal because.
Speaker 1: It means not boat life for us. Well, today the dust of the silly season has finally settle, thank god, and our trees are packed away against my will. Charlie did it while I was out of the house. The elf has been fucked off into his box. See you later, Alfie.
Speaker 2: The first time I saw a key after the Silly Season, I said, oh, you're smaller than I anticipated. But we think it's because the baby's actually dropped.
Speaker 1: I think the baby is engaged in so yeah, not in the guts anymore. I tell you. With every step I take, I get a little sprinkle on the Vijiji.
Speaker 2: It's like the head is just like just knocking on that door, saying bang bang, mum, I'm ready, I'm coming soon, I'm coming. So we thought that we'd recap the silly season, the peaks, pits, anything we recommend from our time, eat ac.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: So can you believe that it was our third Christmas with and Len? The magic of Christmas? I swear it just gets better and better. Like I just want to start off by saying that I know, towards the end of the year, I was a little bit off the concept of Santa because I thought it was bullshit. Then some kids wouldn't get much, and then they think it's because they're naughty, and that silly bloke from the North Pole was getting all the credit from my hard work buying len the presence, but I actually take it aback because fuck my life. It is so magical, like seeing their little faces when they put their sacks out, like I was like, put out your sack for Santa. Yeah, it magically gets full of presents overnight. What's not a lot of the Roodolph the reindeer has a nibble of a carrot and he stops by has his little snack, and this presence.
Speaker 1: So freaking cute. It is so exciting. Yeah, it's so cute. And we flew to the Northern Rivers where Charlie's sister and dad live, and we stayed with his sister this year because his brothers were in the other family house. So we got to kind of catch the tail end of elf on the shelf. And like when I tell you my sister in law, Georgie, shout out, she's a shitter. She is magic. Her partner has two kids and they're like five and eight. Maybe. Anyway, she was doing like the elf was like hanging from a beam and like a swing and then she had these like lists about like for the last night. It was like, Rue, you're on the nice list because you're being such a good sister to be and you've been very kind and gentle, hands like, and she writes it in this like curly worly cursive writing.
Speaker 2: She's properly incorporates the magic.
Speaker 1: She's properly incorporate.
Speaker 2: She's an interest mum. Also does she on the whole elf on the shelf? Because I saw a lot of slack about it, Like people are saying like, oh, fuck the off on the shelf and putting extra pressure on parents, and you know you're setting yourself up for extra work and blah blah blah, Well don't do it, then.
Speaker 1: Then don't do it. It's the same with everything, like can we not just shit on things just because it's like quote unquote extra work, we don't don't do it.
Speaker 2: We don't have I am not the sort of person that would do the elf on the shelf. And you know what, if your kid's like, hey, mom, why does the elf get more creative at my friend's house.
Speaker 1: You're lucky you have an elf?
Speaker 2: Like shut up?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you Charlie's brother, he's got three kids, and his son went Harry went over to play at someone's house and he came home and he's like, Dad, our elf is so lazy. You should see what blah Bar's elf is doing. And his dad was like, shit, all right, gotta do something a little bit extra than that's funny, then okay, hilarious. That is a way.
Speaker 2: That's a way better way to frame it than I don't know, You've got a lazy elf exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, yeah, our elf is lazy. Let's send them back and not do this anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then if you really don't want to do it, but like, it's so.
Speaker 1: Much fun though, And can I just say, like anything that adds extra magic to a time, like when a.
Speaker 2: Thing to do, Yes, it's time, but it's free.
Speaker 1: But we need things in our lives to like bring us joy. Like I just feel like people lack a lot of perspective. I feel like with things that have happened to me in the last kind of twelve months, Like my perspective on things is just like those little things are what kids remember. They don't remember like.
Speaker 2: The gifts, they're not going to remember what they got. They remember the cheeky elf. Oh my goodness, remember that time I saw my cousin the other day and he had like all of the fingernails on one of his hands not the other were blue. And I was like, oh, did Ashley his daughter do that? And he was like, oh my god, no. The elf was really cheeky. One night is really funny.
Speaker 1: That's really funny. That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Kids will remember the time that the elf paint of my nails blue.
Speaker 1: Silly elf. The brother I was just speaking about, he did redeem himself. He actually set the elf up to eat corn kernels and then there was like popcorn coming out of his butt.
Speaker 2: Clever.
Speaker 1: So there's so many ways. They don't have to.
Speaker 2: Be the theatrical thing. Oh, they can just be really like quirky. We should do a thing next year that's like really easy but effective ideas for elf on the shelf.
Speaker 1: I would love that because I'm going to do it next year.
Speaker 2: Oh or Rue will love it. Will I'll compile a list because I'm really good at coming up with like lazy ways to do things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I almost fucked it though for my sister in law's step kids because we were on the phone and they were like, oh, we can't wait for you to come, and I was like, oh, yeah, we're so excited. And they were like, oh, does Rue have elf on the shelf? And I was like, nah, I think she's too young. What age did the elf start visiting you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Kay? You know when you're just only parented a toddler and you can just sail the stuff in front of them and there's are no consequences. I was like, I almost ruined the magic of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Please kids. Kids are kind of dumb. You can just explain it away, some magic they you know. Yeah, my friend's kids came over and the elf was just sitting on the tree because Lenny's too young, and they were like, why is the elf here already?
Speaker 1: How early was it?
Speaker 2: It was like November. I didn't know that the elf only came out in December. And then I picked him up and I went, it's technically the cats elf.
Speaker 1: It's you touched it.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't know that that was all. And then they were like.
Speaker 1: You can't touch the elf. Get the cinnamon, either some cinnamon trick or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, in our house, Mummy's allowed to touch the elf because Mummy's magic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good recovery, good recovery.
Speaker 2: You might could have like just saying shit, out of my ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, it's terrifying. So yeah, this year, I'm really excited though, to get down and dirty with the ELF's. But you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, anyway, tell me about your Christmas because I knew it was going to be a tough one in many regards.
Speaker 1: Firstly, on the lighter.
Speaker 2: End of the stick, you're very pregnant. Oh my god, last time you were very pregnant in winter. It's a wildly different experience.
Speaker 1: It's actually quite enjoyable to be pregnant in winter.
Speaker 2: I will say, you have no ac up there from memory?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we have ducked it. Oh you do. So I was very ready, Okay, you'll find there. I was like, get me out of my apartment with my portable air conditioner that does do the trick, but get me into that ducted baby. And you know what was really great is it because we were staying with my sister in law. She's ten days behind us.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she also is like not stinging out on the AC. She's like, it's not on all the time.
Speaker 1: But she's also like, so what time are you taking a nap today? And I was like, this is the energy that I need to get it. It's not just me being like I think I need to go for a nap.
Speaker 2: But it's like, so what time shall win?
Speaker 1: It's like we're going down now, guys. You guys have got this call, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Fucking so, she's at the exact same stage in terms of energy depiction.
Speaker 1: I need to show you a picture when I can, Like I haven't met up in a nap since we got back. If like when Charlie's gone back to work because had han rupees, she not nap anymore a home No, no, we cut her nap because now she asks to go to bed at seven pm and we just put her in her toddler bed and she snuggled down and slip what. Yes, yes, I'm a very big advocate for cutting that bloody app in the daytime, because my god, our evenings have just opened, they're wide open.
Speaker 2: We're like, I didn't have an evening anymore. What do you mean, Well, because Lenny goes to bed at like nine thirty exactly.
Speaker 1: This was where I was before Christmas. And then I just said that's it. No more fucking napping, no more napping during the day. I know that I do need that nap during the day, but it's not worth it at night because we were then going to bed at like midnight. So thinking about dropping the nap, I'm in give it a go. Give it a go, because you can always reintroduce it. Remember, nothing is like finally any ia.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the pregnancy part that was actually okay.
Speaker 1: That was okay. Look, Charlie did have to do a little bit of work and the lead up to Christmas, so there were a couple of days where I had her by myself and like wanted to do stuff because I wanted her to be tired so that we could all chill in the evening kind of thing. I overdid it a couple of days. But honestly, being pregnant there was so much easier than being pregnant in Sydney because simply they were more hands on debt. Yeah, like her two cousins who lived with my sister in law, they are that little bit older and they're like obsessed with her, So I didn't really have to parent because they would be looking after her or playing with her all day, you know what I mean. So it was a lot more relaxing than I maybe thought it would be. Because typically on holidays, like you know, it's just same shit, different place, but you really notice it when you go from having zero help to having a lot of help and also from people that have kids as well, which is really helpful.
Speaker 2: You were very apprehensive about your first Christmas without deb Yeah, how did you navigate everything?
Speaker 1: So I think, like obviously, now having moved through it, I can definitely say that the lead up to Christmas was definitely worse than the actual days sing And that's because like I remember specifically like being in Caymer trying to get one of the cousins a gift, and just like the grief washing over me of like twelve months ago, I was doing the exact same thing, last minute Christmas shopping, because we were like on our way like we do every year to Charlie's parents and like so excited, and I was just like this wave of grief just kind of washed over me, like oh God, like everything's like so different this year, and the person who made Christmas so magic wasn't going to be there. And I think, you know, everyone's kind of like, oh my God, Like you see everyone around you, they have that kind of excitement about it being the end of the year and going to see their family or whether that's like their chosen family or their actual family, like or just being with friends. And that was hard to see and try to participate in because Charlie and I both said to each other, we wouldn't be that upset if we kind of just didn't do Christmas this year, like it might feel nice just to breathe through it and fast forward to the bit where we get our baby and that brings us some joy kind of thing. But in saying that, the day was actually really beautiful, Like we had George, Charlie's sister host it, and we did it on Christmas Eve, so it kind of almost took like we mixed.
Speaker 2: Things up so much that it wasn't like the exact same thing with one less person exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so it was really nice, like we had in laws and stuff there from different partners and all the kids were together, and like, I think the best thing about it was that, like we addressed the elephant in the room, so like Charlie's brother said, like a beautiful speech before we were going to eat, just there's someone missing, yeah that should be here basically, And that was hard. But I think like not addressing it would feel worse, like we never want to forget her, We never want to.
Speaker 2: Like for her to think that she's like being wherever she is and going, yeah, I don't even have fucking mention that I'm not.
Speaker 1: There, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, like and she, you know, lets us know that she's there. Just little things that happened and you ain't. Yeah, that's definitely dead. But that was really beautiful and I think everyone could take a breath after that, because I think we were all kind of like holding that tension in our body about like, you know, we want to honor her on the day, but we don't know how we're going to necessarily do that. But the other hard thing though, was like seeing Rue open gifts and stuff because the year before, Charlie and I stayed with his mum and dad dead went crazy with the gifts, like she just loved it, you know, and Rue just wasn't there yet, you know. And that was December, and by her birthday in May, she was there with gifts like she got it, you know. And so at that Christmas, I was like, oh, next year, it's just going to be so good, Like.
Speaker 2: She will get to her dead level with the small present.
Speaker 1: So that was really hard. But like, we're so lucky that we have just like people that pop up in our lives, like Lucy's mum for instance. Lucy's my one of my best friends. We do another podcast here that we talk about her a lot on the bush comes up a lot on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Actually I feel like how she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her mom like dropped over like a bag of gifts for Rue before Christmas when we were doing a record at her house, and that.
Speaker 2: Is so thoughtful.
Speaker 1: It was just so thoughtful because I think there's like a certain energy that comes with being like a nana, you know, and she like the gifts. I'm gonna cry obviously, but I mean she got her so many gorgeous gifts, but she got her this like Ballerina jewelry box, so.
Speaker 2: You open it, it sings, you make some music.
Speaker 1: And she loved it, and like obviously George and I are in tears because we're just like that is like thank God for that magic, that kind of deb magic from Margaret. But like it was like heartbreaking but also heartwarming at the same time because you're like Deb isn't here, and that is fucking tragic and we'll never be okay with that.
Speaker 2: But you guys, but we're so lucky to have so many people in her corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just like thinking of how nice that would be, you know, I don't know, It's just like I'm continuously surprised by people's kindness and thoughtfulness that honestly makes a difference. I'm like, so obviously a little bit fucked up because of how I grew up, but I'm always like, oh, no, fuss, like, don't worry, We'll be okay. I'm very insular. I don't like to like us to help, but sometimes when that help is just given to you in different forms, you're just like wow, like you really understand how important it is to lean on people.
Speaker 2: I also don't think that asking for help comes that easily to anyone, which is why I'm a very firm advocate for just do something. Yeah, because the worst thing that's going to happen is that you're a little bit overbearing. Oh God, sorry that I loved you too much.
Speaker 1: Exactly which I would never well give it to me. I'm into it. I might be awkward and give you an awkward hug, but inside I'm just like thank.
Speaker 2: God, Yeah, you know this is that you know that you're appreciative. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would say overall it was actually way better than expected because I think what was worse was the leader, but the actual day and all being together I think was really good. And being able to share in the grief. I think being like separated, your grief becomes quite lonely, lonely and it becomes really heavy. So it's almost when you're together, you share in the grief and it becomes lighter, but it's still had its you know, of course, hard moments. I think obviously, like with Georgie about to have a baby, I was about to have a baby, like that is front and center, and to be doing it without the person that was so obsessed with the yeah is really hard.
Speaker 2: I think that's great for anyone listening though that is scared of an upcoming event. Yeah, to know that potentially the lead up is way worse because it makes sense of white and I.
Speaker 1: Think like to each their own and how you want to deal with that. I how to convo with Georgie and she actually we tried to get an interview with the Good Morning Girls who have an amazing Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll try to speak to them at some time this year, because I think that navigating grief is a different kettle of fish for kids.
Speaker 1: And also when you're further into it, I think the perspective they have is just like incredible. But she was saying that in one of their episodes, they were asking how people celebrate Christmas and there are a lot of people who just like, we just don't do it without that person, And I think, each to your own, but like, try to still do those things because you're gonna feel the same, if not worse, right, So the hope is you will feel the same that you would had you not celebrate, and not worse, Like I can't imagine not doing even though we were saying we just want to like bypast Christmas.
Speaker 2: But you would never go into actually buy part no, because it.
Speaker 1: Was so point to us, like you need to be able to still have live, yeah, and have moments of joy and acknowledge that there is someone isn't there that should be you know.
Speaker 2: Like how did Charlie's dad cope with everything? He must be so excited for the babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. He's very excited. He is.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have things to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Oh, completely, and I think, like, you know, a circle of life, like new babies bring, you know, hopes and all those good things that kind of come with it, and looking forward. Grief is a lot about like looking backwards. I think when you have kids, it propels you forward, even if you you yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It pushes you yeah. And then when did you come back? How did you guys spend New Years?
Speaker 1: Well, we came back early because everyone left. George went on a baby moon to Fiji, and then Charlie's dad went up north to stay with his sisters for New Years. And we were like, I guess we'll just.
Speaker 2: Go back because did not want to.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'm actually glad because we never wanted to leave early because we enjoyed it so much. But with the baby coming, I was like, I need time to nest, like I am itching to like throw out everything in our house and deep clean everything. So we ended up coming back on the thirtieth and we weren't meant to come back till the second.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you had a couple of days in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, and that was so good. We just did a bunch of stuff. So I feel like we're really set up now rather than kind of like chasing our tail. So that was really nice and just to like enjoy being back in Sydney, like we're never there with tiking. Yeah, Like we usually come back from holidays and we go to work the next day. So it was like quite nice just to have that time and like settle in and like have holidays where you live, yeah, which is hard for us because obviously we're from Queensland. Like our big holidays are like with family in Queensland more than New South Wales. Like it's not ever in Sydney. No, I've never really been there.
Speaker 2: See the point in Sydney, but you need to rest. I agree. But it's like like I've lived in Sydney for however many years and I've never done so many of the touristic things because I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh god, but I just mean like just chilling at just chilling at home and getting up and going to the beach, like we're being Byron and then we're like going to the beach, it's hard to find a park and I'm like, we live at the beach. We can walk to the beach.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's just like things like that, but you don't want to trade family time for being able to walk to the beach, like we enjoy that time. But yeah, it's nice just to have a couple of days where we're actually.
Speaker 2: Like chilling at home, chill and getting stuff done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How do you manage to get anything done though? With Rue and Charlie there? Or does he take around?
Speaker 1: Quite a lovely thing. I don't know if you've ever heard of it. It's called television.
Speaker 2: Oh my child won't watch TV if I'm doing something. Oh, he needs to be out of the house, or he will insist on helping me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean rude does help a bit, but no, she's much more into Moana than helping me. Oh make god.
Speaker 2: We're in a mourna stage as well, except only the songs, not the actual film.
Speaker 1: Well, the songs are great though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She got to singing Moana dolls for Christmas. Yeah, really cute.
Speaker 2: Until it's two am and it's still singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's the full song. Oh, every single word.
Speaker 2: Who was responsible for that?
Speaker 1: Her lovely aunt and uncle and then us? Oh good no, they are actually really cute, like and she loves them, so I'm like so stoked for her, Like that's home merch.
Speaker 2: You know, like, did you get anything Christmas? Do you do Chris Krengle, We do not.
Speaker 1: We just focus on the kids. I did get something for Christmas. Charlie actually got me that necklace that I really wanted.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 1: So you can see it. But it says rue, But what.
Speaker 2: Will you do when you've got another baby? Well, hope that it's not got a really long name, no, because you have to.
Speaker 1: All our names are short. Okay, Oh yeah, I'm hoping that that might be a little I love it.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. And then you've got the one that you bought yourself.
Speaker 1: That I bought myself, that one in Paris, and then that one. It's just like a loosey folk one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they look so how do you do that? Though? Without mine just end up in a tangled heap?
Speaker 1: Oh, they do end up tangled.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just untangled them like every now and then. But yeah, it was good, good Christmas overall.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: I gave Charlie some kick ass presence.
Speaker 2: He was pretty stood with presents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really easy because he doesn't buy himself any clothes, let himself shop once a year. So I'm like, all right, let it go. I got him some sambers, a couple of shirts from assembly but like fancy ones. I got him new sunglasses because he lost them in Europe and something else but I can't remember what it was, but he was so stoked.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how I made a joke months ago. I was like, we did Chris Kringle and I was like, Oh, my sister in law's like really into the environment, and like, yeah, she's going to get you, Like she's going to be like, here I have this. I'm donating in your honor because you have too much stuff. Yeah, And I made that joke and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, love you, but I'd like a physical gift.
Speaker 2: I actually cried, what did she do? So with Chris Kringle, it's just like one gift for each adult. Then we can do gifts for our partners and then for the kids. So she got me. It was like a box and it was just so thoughtful. It had a book in it, how to not kill your house plants stop it and it's got like all of the different plants in there and rules for all of them. Yeah, that's so killing all of my plants, and you don't.
Speaker 1: Have to tell me twice. I see it every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Man, you know how, I'm like, I dip my toe into the woo woo sometimes, but I'm not like really into the wood. You're like woo. She's really woo woo. And she got me like a Zena's fuck journal. I love for the non woo woo people.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. That's very you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then she got me like this craft kit to make a son catch up. Actually, that says unhinged, stop.
Speaker 1: Merch idea.
Speaker 2: Then she got me like this that all she knitted it like for the family that goes on the wall.
Speaker 1: That's really.
Speaker 2: She got me a stress ball like a stress lady that I squeeze.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And a cat puzzle. I that's really thoughtful in the shape of an actual cat.
Speaker 1: It's like all of the different facets of your personality. Copboared, right. Yeah, I really liked that. It was just so thoughtful.
Speaker 2: I felt a bit bad fluke because I did not cry when I opened his gift, but it's because I helped to choose it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, actually I'm not gonna lie when I see her pop up in your content. It's like my favorite to see her each year when you guys do the silly little shots.
Speaker 2: Oh, my sister in law, she's so wholesome, she's really but she's actually like a Slovakian badass. She can shot like a ninety percent alcohol I not drink without and then just smile. Her grandma has one every day.
Speaker 1: That'd really wake you up, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as well, no caffeine, just do a shot.
Speaker 1: Kind of like that. A bit better to be honest, talk me through your Christmas with your fam.
Speaker 2: It wasn't great, Oh it was fine.
Speaker 1: I wasn't expecting this because we started the episode so full of excitement about the magic of Christmas.
Speaker 2: I know. It was simply I was so run down that so we drove up on the Saturday morning and by that afternoon, maybe five point thirty, my voice was completely gone. What and I didn't have a voice for most of the week. What like when I say no voice, no voice, I could not speak. There was like a few hours per day where I might be able to whisper, especially.
Speaker 1: From the chest infection that you had or No.
Speaker 2: It was just me being so run down.
Speaker 1: End of the year vibe and you know what made it fucking worse.
Speaker 2: Every single day, Several times a day, people would be like, are you okay? You seem not yourself.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's gonna make me feel better? I can't talk.
Speaker 2: I cannot talk. It hurts me to talk. I feel really like I was sleeping every day. I was sleeping a lot because I was so run down, Like I feel awful. Do you think I want to be a vibe kill? And I know it's because I was a vibe kill, but simply because I was not talking. It's not that I was moping around.
Speaker 1: I couldn't talk, yeah, And it's like if you try to, that's going to draw out the length of time.
Speaker 2: And just when you can't contribute to conversation when you're enjoying family time, oh my god. As someone who loves conversation, there was also a really problematic conversation that happened at the dinner table one night, and I was sitting there and I was like, you couldn't say anything, Oh my god. And I'm like getting things up on my phone trying to and then my drunk Mom's like waving the phone around. You can't say anything.
Speaker 1: These days, And I'm like Oh, yeah, that's tricky. It was trisky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also we went up too early. I realized, what do you mean, So the kids for the first few days were having the best time. They were running around constantly, laughing, absolutely smashing themselves. Same as rue, like they've got so much room up there, same as Yeah, they had the best time, running around, playing so nicely. But by Christmas day they were sick of each other and they were fighting, winging a lot.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, what date did you go up?
Speaker 2: We went up on the twentieth or the twenty first. Way is early, way too early, I would suggest, like the day before Christmas Eve next year. Yeah, so Christmas Eve so we can get into the spirit and help mum with stuff. But yeah, a couple of days after Christmas, I actually put something up.
Speaker 1: In the group.
Speaker 2: I saw this because I felt like I was going mad.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you weren't. I didn't comment on it, but I was like, you are reading my line.
Speaker 2: I was like, my child will not stop winging, the actually driving me slowly insane. Please tell me that this is just like, it's not a youth stage that he's going through. And everyone was like, oh my god, it's because he's out of routine.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I was the same. She was super doing fucking wingy and like the fucking water works. I'm like, how did you learn to fake cry like that is?
Speaker 2: Because you know that it's a fake cry when they immediately just go.
Speaker 1: And oh and she would go bright red and then I'd given and she'd just be and then.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh great, So I've just like now she knows what to do and how to get her and I know that we're just like learning as we go as well. But it's really really tough, the fighting, the tantrums. Yeah, it was just a lot. Maybe quite glad that Lenny doesn't have siblings so I don't have to deal with that all the time, because I was like, holy doolly, it's just never ending snatching toys off each other. May it is absolutely not your toy, you can all share. But yeah, it was lovely. I loved being outdoors so much. Our Slovakian Christmas Eve is always so special. We've got our family friends that come. They don't always come on that day, but they came this year on that day and it's just like they lost their mum a couple of years ago. Really suddenly she I grew up with her, like she was my English teacher. We were all really close, the two families. So the fact that they still the kids still come and they bring their kids, and they were all playing with and Puff had gone to sleep on Christmas Eve because he was so cranky. So Rory the little girl like, who's old enough to get excited by Christmas? She was like, I'll put out his sack and that's so cute, so cute. Every day they got so much more comfortable in water. There was just so many magical, amazing moments. It was just that I was feeling so cranky, and I was just so run down. They say sick. I felt awful, but it was like run down awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're exhaustors. Yeah yeah, that's really tricky. And you're like you look so forward to that time.
Speaker 2: And then to have it literally lose your voice on the first day and just want to be in bed all the time because you.
Speaker 1: Were so exported. Did you not have a voice for.
Speaker 2: The majority of the week, Like I said, it would come back here and there barely, like where you can sort of, but it's hurts you to talk. And if you'd been quickly losing exactly. So that was Christmas. It was still really great. And while I was away at Christmas, you will hear in an upcoming episode that we've already recorded, there was a really funny conversation that happened towards the end of last year where Key said something about plastic and I immediately microplastic. I immediately ripped into her, told her she had a tinfoil Bereton tinfoil for Dora, and we had the biggest cackle about it, but obviously because I didn't know where it had come from. And then Luke was like, it's Key's fault. Yeah, so he must have been here when we had that discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When once we finished recording, when we went out into the kitchen, we were discussing it more because I was like, if I'm going down with this knowledge, you're going down.
Speaker 2: To But I didn't remember where the seed had been planted from. And over Christmas couldn't talk, so I was listening to a lot of content, and I was listening to podcasts about microplastics. It's become my hyperfixation. And when I told you that, I went down the hole. I went down the hole. So we came back on the twenty eighth, and oh, I threw out Luckily, it was my goal for this year to reduce waste because I threw out so much stuff.
Speaker 1: All my stuff in my kitchen was plastic, I know. And she is still really hard to get stainless steel, like everything I got glass. Oh you got glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well a mix of stainless steel and glass. Like I still haven't been able to find some stuff. And also just like, that's why I don't want polyester clothes. That's why I don't want polyester in my sheets or my towels anyway. So the amount of things that I've replaced, I probably know more about microplastics than you now that it is because of my obsession.
Speaker 1: And I went into came out the other day and I could smell it.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting, and given that I loved came out so much, I mean, listen, it was still my happy place. I went there to replace my microplastics with glass. But yeah, okay, you're very expensive as well.
Speaker 1: Trying not to kill yourself over a long period of time is quite expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and listen, not going crazy.
Speaker 1: Like oh I am oh, okay, I'm like about to throw out all of rus like Camart clothes because I'm just like.
Speaker 2: They're not microplastics though, have a look at the tags.
Speaker 1: No, a lot of them are polyester.
Speaker 2: That's another thing. I've been like checking the tags of the clothes in his room. Most of them are actually cotton, even if they are from came up.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I do need to double check, just double check.
Speaker 2: I think they're apparently a lot of companies are pretty good with kids clothes. But if you've ever bought like stuff from like Amazon or those cheap online stores for you kids, throw it out because the tags, Because I mean, don't throw it out. I'm just encouraging people to wasteful at this point. But it is my micro obsession at the moment, or my current obsession, i should say. And then on the twenty ninth, we had like a family get together with all of my extended family, which is so nice.
Speaker 1: That's so fun. In Sydney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Sydney at my aunt's house.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that I.
Speaker 2: Got to hang out with my cousin James, and how much I love my cousin James and see my wedding and his wife who I have not seen since before my wedding because she wasn't able to come. I think she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I got to meet her kids, like their kids. I got to see all my cousins and it was short but like just so sweet, and it made me I'm just so grateful I have got such a fun, big extended family. Yeah, it was really nice. And then New Year's we had a sitter, Luke and I actually got to spend it together, very rare occurrence.
Speaker 1: That is so nice. Can I just say this is the energy that we want to bring into twenty five. I'm glad that well.
Speaker 2: Can actually wait to hear the story because we didn't actually spend that much time together on years. To sum it up, we have some rich friends. The owner house on the water opposite the Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 1: Pretty beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's pretty special. And when said friends bought this house, I said to them, well, are you aware that you are signing us up for New Year's Eve? You can't have this house and not entertain on years.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, devastating.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to go on an overseas holiday or something. But then we'll be like, well, where are the keys, we'll just let ourselves in and it was the first time was last year and it was just so much fun, the best vibe, such a good spot, best group of people to celebrate with. So I was keen for Luke to be able to come this year, but my mum wasn't that keen. When I asked her to come down to I was like, you and dad don't ever do anything on knees. Why can't you come down and watch lends so Luke can come and enjoy himself. Yeah, apparently that's not the best way to frame things.
Speaker 1: Got it. Yeah, you're boring, so you can do this right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's still Can I just say, when I have grandkids, I want to be there at every second I can get.
Speaker 1: I agree, but maybe we'll.
Speaker 2: Feel maybe differently, We'll be like we've done our time went no thanks anyway. I was like winging to my sister about her. I was like, oh, she wasn't even keen. And I was like, oh, Adrian's not working, he can have a sleepover with us because weren't going to do anything. We're just gonna hang with the kids. Totally fine. I was like, oh my god, amazing, So good and yeah, so we went. But I actually didn't really spend that much time with Luke because I cracked the shits over something really silly. And also I was really sick because I got my period that day, and of course I did, so I didn't drink that much because I was actually so sick. I took tablets to try to reduce my blood float. It's like a vitamin that my doctor gave me, an accid of some I don't know, and it makes my tummy cramps way worse, like they're cramping. So anyway, I'm having a conversation at someone at one point and I literally double over in agony and have to race the bathroom thinking I was going to have explosive diary. That's how bad my.
Speaker 1: Stomach mats were.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not good, but you're going to die because you know me that I don't get jealous, Like that's just something that I were very opposite, and we had the pole opposite. It's like, I do not get jealous. I make jokes all the time about like, oh my God, please just go sex with someone else so I don't have to do it. Like I just don't get jealous, because do you know what. I think maybe it's because I've been unfaithful before in a previous relationship. Someone will cheat if they want to cheat. Being jealous, there's literally no point because if your partner's going to cheat on you, they're going to cheat it anyway. So it's just something that I've never wasted energy on. And when I say I was jealous, I wasn't jealous. I was just like, I just.
Speaker 1: Admit to being jealous. Tell me all the details.
Speaker 2: So there's this beautiful model at this party who is also like and when I say a model, an actual model, like a professional model, like fashion companies pay her to model. She's that beautiful.
Speaker 1: Do I know her? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know a face, but like you don't know her. She's also so nice and so funny.
Speaker 1: It's like why she's smart too, because that's really annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually really is. She's incredible, Like I want to be with her. She's that amazing. And I also just vibe so well with her, and we were already making jokes. I was like, would you like to come and be in a polyamorous relationship with us?
Speaker 1: So you were giving her the dream line.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she is basically also the female version of Luke. So those two got along like a house on fire. Right, Okay, obviously still totally fine. But then at one point I come out of the toilet, I open a door to a secret room. It's not a secret room, it's just a garage, and the two of them are having a secret conversation in there. What about Well, they were having a really deep conversation. People really open up to him. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I think because he's a good listener.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she said to me afterwards, she was like, I can't believe the things that I told him. I've never talked to people about this before. But anyway, I open this door and see my husband having a deep conversation in a private little room with a beautiful model, and I was like, oh, sorry. Then I apologize for some reason, shut the door and walk off.
Speaker 1: Why did you apologize?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have tackled her to the ground me.
Speaker 2: I just said, I was so sorry to entruy just shut the door. And then I'm like, what is wrong with you? And I must have been a little bit drunk, because then I'm annoyed and I'm like walking around every time I try to talk to me. I'm like this, yeah, and then he comes in and tries to like cuddle and kiss me at midnight, and I literally went and I wouldn't tell him why I was annoyed because I didn't want her to know that I was annoyed about it, because I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. It wasn't her fault that he was in a private room with her, and that she's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's important that we direct the anger actually was.
Speaker 2: I was not mad at her at all. Yeah, I was just like bro. Like later in the cab, I finally was like, listen, I'm aware that I didn't speak to you, and he was like yeah.
Speaker 1: And I said to.
Speaker 2: Him, you were in a locked room with a model. Yeah, how would you feel if you walked into a room found me talking in a private conversation. He was like yeah, it would be jealous. Like, okay, thank you, that's all I wanted. Yeah, he was like, did you actually think I would be doing anything? I'm like, no, you idiot, of course not. It's also other people don't know that I know that. It's also about the optics in a room. My husband that never comes out now he's locked in a room with a model.
Speaker 1: I also just think it's like boundaries, right, because not that they were going to do anything, but I think a different type of person may get the wrong idea, Like you never want to be in a situation to give off any kind of like element of that this is going to be something more than it is. Not to say that he was or yeah, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I genuinely what happened was someone else had closed the door because they were having this very intense conversation, you know, and then they were obviously having the conversation. He didn't think anything of it, She didn't think anything of it totally. And then she comes up to me later and she's like, I hope you don't mind that I was talking to him for so long. And I was like, oh my god, not at all. Yeah, Like I never want her to think that, and I want anyone to always think that they can have a conversation with someone. I don't own the blow. Yeah, she was like, he just gave me such good advice, and I was like, wow, I really would not ever take his advice, but okay, good.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad that you bleed a little bit like the rest of us. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, listen, it shocked everyone that I have told.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit toxicn't I Because I'm almost like.
Speaker 2: You are, Luke, you are so toxic? And then yeah, when I like because Luke then was he thought it was the funniest thing ever. And then he's telling my sister when he jump runs into her a few days later and she calls me and she goes, he was laughing about it. My sister's like, you, she's so jealous, and she's like, it wasn't funny or you you should be mad. She's like, you should be so mad.
Speaker 1: I think what's nice about it is Luke feels a little bit loved Like it looks like she's a little bit like she does love me, she.
Speaker 2: Does care, she cares after all she does.
Speaker 1: She got a little bit jealous, don't you reckon? Like when someone gets a little bit jealous over even though you know what's wrong, it does make you feel a little bit like.
Speaker 2: Huh nah, I don't get it. I get that a lot of people probably feel like that. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not going out and doing things to make Charlie feel jealous or whatever, like it really happens.
Speaker 2: But like I reckon, I used to do stuff like that when I was a teenager.
Speaker 1: I think it's like definitely teenage behavior.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, fuck, we are little see you on Tuesdays, see you on Tuesday. Away. So Newyears, he will not be mudded again because with his little antics. And then I was crossed with him and doubling over in pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you need to not take that acid whatever that is.
Speaker 2: But before whatever it is, it sounds really bad saying don't take acid.
Speaker 1: Don't take acid. Yeah, sorry, that's not what we said.
Speaker 2: But the fire Looks were great, best group of people to rein it in with. And I was fresh as a daze. And the next day and he was absolutely miserable. And I'd organized to go over to a friend's house for a pool party and I was like, haha.
Speaker 1: You left him with land No, he came.
Speaker 2: Oh, Lenny and he was on dad duty.
Speaker 1: My friend. Well, actually I had quite a good year's too, what'd you do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: We were back, we weren't meant to be back for New Years, so it was all a bit like oh, and then our friends messages and said, hey, do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow night? And we were like, oh, yeah, I guess, and then we realized it was New Year's and we were like, oh, absolutely, that was light too. We need to We just like didn't realize.
Speaker 2: It something even if it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we would have loved to go to their house anyway, but it was just like we only just got back, should we shouldn't wan And then we're like, oh shit, that's New Year's Eve that we definitely should be doing something. So it was two of our couple friends, like a couple who were from out of town, and the couple who are hosting have like a daughter who's like a little bit younger than Rue. And we did like the nine pm fireworks and the girls went down, we had our dinner, and then we played doesn't sound as good when it's next to your New Year, So I'm just gonna preface it with that. Then we played like this game we have to like embarrassed solver a murder mystery. It's really fun not selling it because it sounds really terrible.
Speaker 2: You sound like me, But basically I would envelope that's sealed. I know exactly what to do about it. That sounds awful.
Speaker 1: It was really fun.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we had in the background or me and my rich friend's house on the harbor looking at the fireworks. We had DJs as well. There was DJs.
Speaker 1: Well, we had a DJ too.
Speaker 2: It was called Charlie. It was called Williams and you did.
Speaker 1: And it was fun because we were just like we actually said it was one of our best news ever because I'm super pregnant. They've got like a all drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were all drinking, playing I will say, in a small group. Playing games while you're drinking in a small group is literally my favorite thing to do ever.
Speaker 1: And they cooked the most gorgeous spread.
Speaker 2: My history just seems like that's not really a game.
Speaker 1: It was a game anyway. I had different envelopes in it, and like, you know, who were the three suspects, And they had like phone records and they had like you know, transcripts from interviews. It was actually really fun anyway, whatever. I know, it's not a fucking harbored thing, but it was really nice because we had no like preconceptions about what the night should have been. The kids loved it. They were well behaved, and I had a champagne or two. I was great, delicious.
Speaker 2: I wanted to include some recommend because you surely given that we had a couple of weeks kind of break. When you work for yourself, you don't really have break. But yeah, you've absorbed some different content or things to recommend.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you've absorbed content over the holidays, Like, what have I watched? Nothing? What do you mean I'm full time parenting right now.
Speaker 2: But you have one kid with a partner. Yeah, but lots of time at nighttime.
Speaker 1: We were like hanging out with our families, so we were like talking and oh, I did play a good card game or what.
Speaker 2: Is it called shout out to the two people that messaged me and told me thanks to the recommendation for the game last year.
Speaker 1: And I don't encourage her two people enough with No, we're not encouraging that. It's called like something like shit loser or something. And you just don't want to lose. Oh, it's a good.
Speaker 2: No, one wants to lose in a game.
Speaker 1: No, But it's like not about winning, it's just about not losing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Actually I have one parenting recommendation which you will be shocked at what is it?
Speaker 1: We'll get to it. Okay, look, I'm not gonna lie. My recommendations are pretty diet. But if you just remember back to the Christmas episode, I to have a lot of good recommendations. So let's just remember that when we come in to listen to these recommendations. Because I'm preparing for av back, I am immersing myself in the world of positive stories. So this will come as no news for anyone these books if you're like deep in preparing for birth stage. But the one that I'm reading at the moment is Birth with Confidence by Readempsey, and it just really talks about the different stages in birth and the crisis of confidence that you experience, and how basically we've been conditioned to think of pain and birth as something that we need to stop, when pain and birth is actually a good pain that we need to kind of embrace and move through. So she talks about these kind of crisis of confidence and what's really important to have in those moments, which is like your support system encouraging you, telling you that like all of this is really normal, what you're doing is amazing, You're doing so well. So I think that has been really helpful as I kind of like because obviously I'm so scared of the pain of birth. It becomes quite intense, and obviously I never got to the stage of pushing and getting the baby out, so just really kind of hearing people's perspectives on it. She also interviews a lot of high endurance people, so people that have like swum across a channel or Olympic athletes, as well as like just people that have reached the peak of their sports, because that is kind of what she talks about pregnancy, is birthing as being kind of the peak performance of the human body with human female body, and lots of similarities even with like actors preparing for a play and kind of like immersing herself in a role. And she kind of draws on all of these experiences that give you all of this perspective about birth and that just that you need this like really good group of people around you to kind of like hold you through the stages of birthing. And I'm finding it really interesting, So well, that's good. And weirdly, I picked up my Kindle to buy this book because it was on my list from my midwife, and I was like twenty percent through so it just shows you like my birth to Rue. And I remember like, had I read this the first time around, I would have stopped at twenty percent because it's just like you don't understand, don't get it, you don't get it like some people would. I think some people just.
Speaker 2: Like are like information suckers. Ye, and I say suckers not in a bad way, like they want to suck it all up. Yeah, that sounds they want to consume it.
Speaker 1: They want to like immerse themselves in it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, like me, they'll be both kind of well I'm way worse than you, but just like stick my head in the sand. How don't want to come? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was like none of this would have interested me the first time around. Yeah, it just wasn't the path that I was on with Rue. I was on a path, but it was kind of And they also talk about the types of personalities you are, like something like an all in person who's going to give birth, who's like, no, no, no, I'm doing it this way, someone who's kind of on the cusps like oh, just see what happens, and the someone who's just like booked me in for that Caesar And they talk to those personalities and it's interesting to see, like, I'm very much aligned with this kind of I'm happy with. However it turns out the middle kind of one. Yeah, and now I'm very much in like the no, no, no, I'm doing this. We're having a VBAC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting out of my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting just to see how you move through, Yeah, the different personality. So yeah, highly recommend it for I would say second time. But if you're but.
Speaker 2: If you love information and can absorb it, yeah, do it.
Speaker 1: For the first time and really like I mean, you're probably way more studious than I ever was. I'm like boring, but this is super interesting, So highly recommend. We'll link it in the show notes obviously.
Speaker 2: All right, since I already clickbaited it, I'll tell you what. The parenting podcast that I actually like is.
Speaker 1: Called, oh what is it?
Speaker 2: It's called Bratbusters.
Speaker 1: Bratbusters.
Speaker 2: It's quite new actually, so as a lot of people know, we've discussed different types of parenting before. I think it's pretty obvious that I struggle a lot with the gentle parenting.
Speaker 1: So do I duh, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I reckon, she's for you. I came across this TikTok like it just fuck. I love the algorithm. Sometimes. It just brought this lady up and it was about leadership parenting. It's not authoritative, which is what the traditional door as I say, or else. And it's not gentle parenting, which and I quote she doesn't like gentle parenting because you're raising self entitled snowflakes with mental health issues.
Speaker 1: Those are some fighting words. Well. I also had an epiphany the other day that like, how can I be a gentle parent when they don't have empathy until they're like four or five years old. They don't go hand in hand like I feel like for me to be gentle parenting, they have to have some form of empathy to understand my reasoning.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna dis gentle parenting because I know, but it doesn't work for me. And I really struggled a lot with it because I don't want to be authoritative because that's how I was up. But I can't be gentle. It's not in my Nature's not a gentle somewhere in between leadership parenting. So this one night that I found here on a TikTok, I went and then just like smashed so many. Then I was like, oh my god, these are snippets from a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's only maybe got ten episodes out so farther about half an hour each. She doesn't with her daughter, who she has a really good relationship with, is a very like well rounded, well rounded human. We love that which we love, and I just find her a lot more up my alley. So if you two struggle a little bit, but you also don't want to yell all the time, yeah, then I recommend Braadbusters.
Speaker 1: So what does leadership parenting? Can you give me a tail dr?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you the TLDR of the story that I think this is what captured my attention the most so and it's kind of like her example. So her son was eight and he had five friends for a pool party for his birthday and they had like a giant, big blow up. Whaley thing called Whaley and she said, all right, everyone's going in the pool. I'm watching you all, very big on safety. Whaley's not going into the pool because anything could happen behind it and it's just too like it's obstructing my view type thing. So Whaley's not going in the pool and one of the little friends took Whaley into the pool and she was sitting on the side and she said, Whaley, out of the pool right now, and he said looked at her and said no. She jumped in the pool fully clothed, pulled him and the Whaley thing out, oh my god, not like with force, but you're getting out right now. You're sitting next to me for ten minutes. But she said you're on time out for ten minutes. And then she didn't berate him or talk to him about what he'd done, because she was like, kids aren't stupid. He knows exactly why he was in trouble. Instead, she built up his confidence. She said, hey, I saw you playing sports the other day. Oh my goodness, you were so good. How did you go in this test? And she was just chatting to him, really interesting his life while he was sitting next to her for that ten minutes and the rest of the kids are playing, she's watching them. Then after ten minutes she was like, Okay, your time's up. You can get back into the pool now, and he didn't want to. He was just like happy to sit there and wanted to keep talking to her. Wayley obviously didn't get back into the pool, and none of the other kids tried to do that. She was like, you don't ask them twice. If you ask them to do something, I'm probably not even doing it.
Speaker 1: Justice, right, Okay, do you think that would go with toddlers though.
Speaker 2: Well, she's got all different things for all different agents.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, coo cool. I like that. That's really interesting.
Speaker 2: She also doesn't count a toddler after three, which I just I don't like. I don't agree with everything I think he told there is until four. I do not think that they are smart enough to be classified as a kid.
Speaker 1: Tell you we missus. I can't believe I'm eventing this, but we struggled so much obviously when we got back from holidays with no hands on deck and just us and exhausted, and so rug's just she's got a sipling coming, so she's just really, you know, pushing h limits. So we did have been putting her own time out, except she loves time out because she just gets a book and starts reading it, doesn't she And so we go in there and she's like, hey, room on the broom, And.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, this is actually great, is it? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So she also says, which I was like, damn it, because I got all of the kids that were up there a reward chart for Christmas, one for the fridge. She doesn't believe in reward charts. Oh, she's got the opposite, like a punishment chart.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not called that, but it's like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But she does talk about how punishment or like, when you do something wrong, I ask you do something, you don't do it. She said that the first punishment should actually be something not that bad, but they like help me clean this thing up, or yeah, upon her and read a book by yourself. It doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Is if they don't do that, then then they get like there no screen time for twenty four hours. It's really interesting. I think I really like it. I am I want to get her on the.
Speaker 1: Point to like expand my toolkit of Yes.
Speaker 2: I really want to get her on the pod at some point, because I think that she's incredible and she'd probably want to. Oh so I just need her help myself. Yeah, so oh, I just I really I am a huge fan.
Speaker 1: I love that record.
Speaker 2: Cool. So I know, very rare for me to have a recommendation. That's to do with parenting. I'll try to be a little bit quicker with the rest of them. Squid Game two. If you watch the first season and you thought, I honestly just don't know how they could do a second season and make it as good, it's just as good. The writing is incredible.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I didn't start it the other day when you said, but I will.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Yes, some of the episodes are a little bit slow, but they also think that that's just the style and we're so used to everything being so fast.
Speaker 1: I told you this, Mamber. We've spoken about this before, like there's craft and slow televisions to build tension, build interest.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yes, because my god, I can't sleep after watching this. I'm so anxious. Yes, but not in a bad way, Like that sounds bad, but it's like.
Speaker 1: Your body's reacting to what you've watched.
Speaker 2: And now my algorithm on TikTok is just all Squid Game staff. We're talking about the hot dude on it, like it's just so fun. I love it. Like it's very violent though, it's like the first it's violent though, actually, but it's still pretty bad. That's on Netflix. The latest season of Sex Sizes of College Girls is out and it is one of the greatest comedy sitcom Like is this a sitcom? Or is sitcom live? I don't know. It's drama so good comedy drama druck series like it's it is so funny. Yeah, we love it is incredible. The writing is amazing. It's written by Mindy Carling or she's a producer.
Speaker 1: No, she's I think she's a right show show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's about four girls that move into UNI together college together. They live on campus together, and it's about their sex lives except it's not. It's about like everything everything Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's so funny and it's so real and all of the characters are just so relatable and who are you? It's one of these shows where you cast yourself of course, so I would never know.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't have had that experience. It's so different in America.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the soccer chick and not just because you're black. What you're just like very pragmatic with some things like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like not can I know there were an a rap character?
Speaker 2: No, you're not hurt. You want to be Who is the soccer chick. She's the best.
Speaker 1: No, I want to be like the mysterious one, who's that kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Well, they're an a rap person spoiler alert has left thee. I know. I actually really like the character that they replaced her with. Key doesn't. I just think she's really funny and quick. I'm Kimberly, which is disappointing.
Speaker 1: Bit makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do really like because she's so she's so wholesome.
Speaker 1: Wholesome isn't a word that would come to mind when I think of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think the nerdy stuff in the way that, but how excited she gets about stuff that in that wambly in the non wholesome stuff. I am Lawla, Yeah, Leaela, Leela, Leela Okay and Leila a documentary on Netflix, Don't Die. It's probably over one hundred different things I do any given day that the body has asked for to be in its ideal state.
Speaker 1: Oh this came up in my splash last night.
Speaker 2: Do you know who Brian Johnson is? No, okay, Brian Johnson. I discovered him last year because I listened to a podcast on Diary of a CEO with him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he is a bread podcast.
Speaker 2: A massive widow, and I say that really affectionately. I'm also a widow. But his objective in life is to He's a billionaire that sold his brain Tree company, like I don't know, it's software, so he made a lot of money. Yeah, and he used to be Mormon and oh wow, Yeah, he left the religion and he decided that he wanted to not die, so to age backwards. So he comes up with all of these different protocols. He's spending millions of dollars per year trialing all of these different things, doing all of these different to not die, to reverse his age and not die, and to reduce his you know, heart health age, all these.
Speaker 1: Different thing doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the science is showing that, like he is reducing his age in so many different he's got the bonus of a sixteen year old apparently. Yeah, they even test, like apparently that has something to do with testing your age. A boner and one a.
Speaker 1: Sixteen year old boner. It feels bit weird.
Speaker 2: The documentary. It also made him a lot more human because he seemed fine and everyone says, oh my gosh, he's a booner. Of course he's fine. But the criticism that he has copped since all of this stuff about his lifestyle has gone viral. Like he does insane stuff. Okay, Yeah, he eats for science, so only things that have been perfectly cooked by a chef.
Speaker 1: Raw.
Speaker 2: His last meal is at like eleven am. He has like fifty different supplements per day. He sleeps in like optimal conditions, but like wakes up at four point thirty to do his exercise, Like he does crazy strength things. He's extreme in everything, and he gets like so much backlash, Like people are calling him I guess I just did, but I'm saying it endearingly, Like people are not being kind to him, people going ha ha, he's just gonna how funny if he just ends up being hit by a bus and all of this stuff, and like tell me you've got too much money without telling me you've got too much money. Like he's doing what he wants with his money and.
Speaker 1: It's not hurting anyone.
Speaker 2: He's not hurting anyone. No, No, he couldn't. Really what's going to.
Speaker 1: Say, because you'd want someone to be doing it with you. If you're going to like share your life, you also.
Speaker 2: Like it would be very limiting because of his lifestyle, like, and he says that he's like, I'd be a nightmare to be with. He's like, I'm a nightmare to be friends with sometimes wow, because he's like I've got to be in bed bait thirty like, you know, just lots of different things, very strict protocols in region.
Speaker 1: But he's happy.
Speaker 2: He's so happy, and he's doing it because he loves science and he loves research and he has the money to spend. We don't know what he could discover. Yeah, he's using himself is the guinea pig. What's pretty cool. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he's kind of dedicating as life to science.
Speaker 2: Literally, and I just think, like, why do we have such a problem with someone He's not saying what you're doing you shouldn't be doing. I mean, I guess he sort of is, but why are you taking that so personally?
Speaker 1: I think anytime someone does something like very extreme, it makes us think about what we're doing in our immediate reaction is to hate because we feel that we should be doing more.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a sensitivity thing. And I guess that's why I never get bothered by that sort of thing, because I'm not sensitive. I think it makes me think for sure. Yeah, it definitely made me look into getting one of those like things that you to track your sleep and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And then oh, like the ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Someone was like, how will that help you with that knowledge to know that you've been sleeping like shit? And I was like, that's a very valid point.
Speaker 1: I actually do agree with that. I had a fit, butit for a while and I just found that I got like too obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you're never going to get a one hundred percent sleep. Yeah, But like, I just think he's very interesting person and I think that it's worth a watch. Yeah, why not the only thing? And I am just going to say it because it really irritates me, And so if you also get irritated by that, probably not. Yeah, he sounds like he needs to drink a glass of water when he talks. He's got a very dry sounding math, and it's probably something to do with all of the health stuff. Yeah, but it's quite irritating to listen to. Like, I just a'm glad you pointed that out. For everyone, Please just have a fucking sip of an oil even, just swill some oil in your mouth so you don't sound so like dry. I know that that's so random, but also I feel.
Speaker 1: Like people would notice it.
Speaker 2: People people notice these things. I'll stop. That's a lot of recommendations.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably a good place to stop.
Speaker 2: If you can't tell. I really enjoyed the break, just being able to absolve all this conversation.
Speaker 1: Other episodes that you can recommend things in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'll save the rest it then. Okay, I guess that really is all the time that we have for today. Thanks for joining us and share the pod on your socials. Let us know what you think. Please make sure you go and rate and review us. It's the quickest, easiest way that you can help us out.
Speaker 1: Yes please, we would love that. And This episode was produced by us Key and Kel with audio production by The One for Madeline JOANNO see you next week.
Speaker 2: She is bye bye