Speaker 1: So much. You're listening to a Muma Mia podcast. Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and borders that this podcast is recorded on From Mamma Mia. Welcome to the Spill, your daily pop culture fixed. I'm Laura Brodnick and I'm am Vernum and on the show today. Well, we have some very special topics to discuss. Now. I know in this next bit, I might sound like an influencer fishing for a brand deal, but everyone has been asking us this. I'm a made up thing. So every day, pretty much, Emily and I get messages from you, our lovely listeners, who we call the Spillers, asking you so many questions about pop culture, entertainment, celebrity gossip, our own encounters with celebrities, but also what our jobs are, how we feel about.
Speaker 2: Each other like dynamic. Yeah, a very personal question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, we we welcome an inappropriate questions so much so never be shy on that. But today started to formalize a little bit. We put the question out on both our own personal Instagram accounts, Holy Dooly, Some Wild Came graz and on our spiel channel. So we're going to go through today answer the juiciest questions for an ask Us Anything segment?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, can I go first? Yes, I'm going to start really hot with this.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you not even holding anything? You don't need a memory? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I have it here.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Who is the most overrated Hollywood stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't want to say. Can I just recently interviewed her? I think no, that's too juicy. Let's say that for the end of view. Let's say that for an end of view. Who's yours?
Speaker 2: I think you know who mine is?
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 2: You know who it is?
Speaker 1: No, de Yeah, you hate so many people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's someone you've interviewed.
Speaker 1: I actually do know who it is. It's very sweet that you hate people on my behalf. Is it Margaret Qualley?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is? Yeah, overrated?
Speaker 1: Maybe Sydney Sweeney. We're just going for girls, maybe because in my mind all men are overrated, so I can't people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like that's so true.
Speaker 1: So we're going for the girls because it's and you know, she's a lot of about smart qualities. But I haven't loved some of her recent movies. Maybe her new potential Oscar movie will change my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think she's gonna actually be amazing in that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well I reserve the right to change my mind. Okay. Next question going in hot, who is the one person that you would refuse to interview should the opportunity arise?
Speaker 2: This is hot. Yeah, I mean I refuse a lot of interviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really do.
Speaker 2: I'm not an I'm not an I'm not an interviewee girl, not my fortete.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be someone you love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, someone I would refuse to interview. I think I've actually refuse to interview any like massive, massive celebrity.
Speaker 1: Really, just anyone who's super famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know that I wouldn't be best, like the best person.
Speaker 1: For that job. Okay, Like I just know that that's like just you. It is very point no one that you hate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I hate probably some of that. I feel quite like scared and intimidated. Yeah, to interview Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get why Dennis cre would be scared an smile, oh Dennis Quaid? Ye yeah, he yells. Wouldn't want to ask hibout the parent trap movies.
Speaker 2: No, don't interviewed Linda.
Speaker 1: Exactly like you did. Exactly, and she was lovely.
Speaker 2: Would you interview like a crush, like a celebrity cruy, No.
Speaker 1: Because I say no to my celebrity crushes all the time.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't interview poor Mescal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would because I just find that I wouldn't be able to talk. I met him briefly before, and not the time I looked at my window when he was at the pub across the road.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I think it is about him? Oh you know who else? Taron Egerton.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Every interview see with him, he looks into the interviewer's soul. That would be so disarming.
Speaker 1: I'd not be able to say anything love that because most interviewers look right through you. I would look at someone to look into myself.
Speaker 2: Even Jackman. I think I wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 1: But he's really lovely, I say, Hugh, as if like I.
Speaker 2: Just be like a giggly idiot through the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Interviewed him once and I went to get it from the chair and my dress had caught in the side of the chair and I couldn't get up, and he came over and undid it for me. That's oh my God, No, I don't find him. What he's got like dad vibes.
Speaker 2: He's got dad vibes vibes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like I talk about my list of interviews all the time. It's probably on like a Google spreadsheet being circulated through Hollywood something like, it's really out there. It's anyone from my favorite TV shows. But also, yeah, I don't do celebrity crushes because can I tell you, once you interview your celebrity crush, they are gone forever. So I've been offered Jens and Ackles before, and I was like, I'm not being in the same room with that man, Joshua Jackson. I've been off before. Absolutely not. He even came to Sydney. I would leave Sydney in the safe not being in the same city as him. It was like when Sarah Michelle Geller was walking around my neighborhood and I couldn't leave my apartment for a week. It was so stressful. And I've been offered Norman Readers a few times. Who's Darryl from the Walking Days? Absolutely not, like I would quit my job, Oh my god, one hundred scent quit my job, Okay, And just everyone knows, do.
Speaker 2: Not ever come to us. This is one that we've recently talked about.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh, so we're just going to do it again. Okay, would you.
Speaker 2: Ever go on a reality TV show?
Speaker 1: Because everyone laughs at my aunts, so we can't say it anymore.
Speaker 2: No, you have to. And also if we were on the same reality TV show, who would win?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess we talked about us wanting to go an amazing race before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean which I think we would win. I was gonna say, no, we wouldn't. Emily, we wouldn't be good. I would be really we couldn't find We had to go to a location the other day to pick up something for a client, and the uber dropped us in front of the building. In front of the building, and that we were proceeded to be lost for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: We walked around the whole of Zeppelin. If you're a Synne excider, there's a lot of things happening there.
Speaker 1: We lost girls wandering up and down the motorway in Sydney. So the Amazing Race, we couldn't even get out of the uber and walk five steps to a door.
Speaker 2: I feel like if we're thrown into the deep end, we'd make it work.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we can interview the contestants. Maybe that's horrib I'm just thinking of us in the Brisbane airport the other night, tipsy drunk going through security and we're like, oh yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Took us ages like nuggets on the ground.
Speaker 1: Again, we barely made our flight when we're there half an hour before. So I just don't think we should have got on the Amazing Race.
Speaker 2: Okay, what TV show would you go on if?
Speaker 1: If you want to do the luxury ones? I'm just as not to quote what's her name from The White Lotus season three. But at this stage of my life, I'm not meant to live an uncomfortable life. So I'm not doing Survivor. I'm not doing I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, and no one's asked, no one will. I'm not doing any of those where I have to suffer. Yeah, I would do dancing with the stuffs.
Speaker 2: That sounds so hard, No, it sounds so fun.
Speaker 1: You get to wear a pretty dress every week and then they come follow you around, they tell a sob story about your life, and then when you get out and then you dance to the story and everyone feels bad for you.
Speaker 2: But you have to you have to train to dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you get all like tough and and child love to see you on dancing. I can doin the tricks. I'd be terrible, but it's not the point. It's not how good you dance. Is about the story you bring. And my story would be I can't dance, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Try on and a Deli watch out exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the fun thing. All the Chappelle, Corby and adela By, all the cool girls go on Dancing with the Stars. Robert Irwin, all the cool girls.
Speaker 2: All the cool girls and the Irwin family.
Speaker 1: And I stand by that. I don't mean to steal the campaign you've got currently going on since I did start it. But I would also be the bachelorette. I'd have to be a golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: You would not the Golden Bachelor. It would be easier being the bachelorette than being on the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, no, I have to be the bachelorette, and I'm going on the Bachelor. I'd be the pity one who's like kept her on for a few episodes like bring the Lolls, and then I'd go.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, my god, No, she sounds great. Should get with her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, maybe we should be joint bachelorettes like those sisters did that. Yeah, that'd be cute of us. Oh my god, I love and they walk towards this, they'd be like, is that a mum and daughter? Because that's how people think we are when we go to events.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we just need to be like blonde women in.
Speaker 1: Then then we're in with all right, no t my cells after this die hair born, become the bachelorette, the bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Okay, continuing on with our questions, I've got this really good one because actually I'm not sure about this. I do have one person in mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, does the spill.
Speaker 2: Have any celebrity fans? Oh?
Speaker 1: Does this spill have any celebrity fans?
Speaker 2: I mean we have one kind of that's like semi famous. Oh who the really hot booktop guy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, but we had to cover him to like he wasn't already listening to us.
Speaker 2: No, but now he's a fan.
Speaker 1: Oh so we made that happen because he wants to date you.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't. I've seen I'm pretty sre. I've seen him on a dating up and he did.
Speaker 1: Well wait till Bond.
Speaker 2: Gave JJ.
Speaker 1: I don't know I have any celebrity fans, but there's a lot of people who I love in the Australian media industry who have said to me at events and they listen to the spill.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right that I always get.
Speaker 1: I don't want to name them all now, but that's.
Speaker 2: A bit weird.
Speaker 1: That's a bit weird. So I'll be like, oh, I kind of just said that to you in a private conversation. But that's always really nice that people that you've watched their interviews in their work for years and then don't know if we have any secrets lems listening, but please do get in touch if that's you.
Speaker 2: I have a theory of I know who's listening. Definitely Brooklyn Beckham. I mean, yeah, he's definitely listening to us. We've been covering him for over five years and we failed thee in his name, so he's definitely coming.
Speaker 1: I think he learns a lot about himself from listening to.
Speaker 2: Surely, I really want to believe that Mindy Kaling listens to us. She retweeted you once, so maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Stayed and shared a few of my articles over the years. It's not she's gotten cold the last year. I don't know if she's messed.
Speaker 2: I think she's not cold in general.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's none in your own socials anymore. That's why I tell myself, not that she stops liking me.
Speaker 2: No, I think we stayed on her radar from them maybe, and we actually like talked quite positively about that Scooby doing it Scooby doo and hated it, and we quite liked it.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're heard too big fans to an extreme level. Actually, that leads into my next question is who is the celebrity that you have the most intense parasocial relationship with?
Speaker 2: Mindy Kayling?
Speaker 1: Is Mindy Gailing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Parasocial? Oh you know who it actually is? Who Colin Jost?
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have to cut this bit. If you hear a beef in a second, you know why. It's because he's the one you fantasize about. You have six dreams about him, right, yeah, Garlett, both of them, Well exactly, they're a couple.
Speaker 2: Hot couple, amazing. Okay, who would be yours?
Speaker 1: There is a celebrity that I have been in a long term feud with for many nearly six years now, and she doesn't know I exist, but maybe she does. Okay. I touched on this lightly on the podcast this week. I'm just remembering because we were talking about Hillary duff making a comeback in music, and can I just say right now, she'll do so much press for this new album, for her documentary. Can I tell you one podcast she's never going to do, or one media outlet she's never going to talk to. It's Mama mir and the Spill. Why can I tell you what I do? Not because she hates us, and I do know still some celebrities who have said they hate us will say that for another episode. Maybe if we get to like a million followers on Instagram, follow us, and I'll tell you who hates us and who said it publicly. Yes, So Hillary Duff I, like every basic millennial woman, love her to pieces and I've let the.
Speaker 2: Rain go down. I mean, god, I'm so ready for this album. That's one of the first d's I ever got as a gift.
Speaker 1: Oh really, well, hold that thought, because you always hate people on my behalf. So I feel bad ruled in Hillary Duffy.
Speaker 2: You can now stop interview people.
Speaker 1: No, I've never interviewed her. That's the story. So many years ago. She's coming to Australia right to do press for a TV show. She's on the organizers of her press to reach out to me and say, would you like to do an in conversation with Hillary Duff. She's all locked in, she's ready to go. She's coming to Australia. The only thing we needed was a person to do it with her, and I say yes, absolutely, sign me up. The moment my name is officially confirmed, Hillary Duff can't come to austra anymore. Just to cancel. Now that happens. Okay, Okay, that happens. That's scheduling. She's a busy woman, she's an actor, singer, musician. Can't not just do the interview, but she can't come to the country. Okay. Then she's doing another junk of something else she's doing and it's just online interviews, and she's all set. Everyone I know is like hooked in for their interviews or good someone else is meant to do it and at the last minute they can't do it from our company. So then I jump in the next moment, all of the interviews in Australia are pulled again scheduling conflict and these are like two years apart. Yeah, so it's not like she's doing it on purpose. And I think, well, that's just bad luck, like these things happen. Then a third time, I'm in Queensland with my family on holiday, I'm not working. I get a call, is it possible that you could fly to New York tomorrow just for the day to attend the launch party for her TV show Younger? And I'm like, yeah, I love Younger. I love Hillary Duff in that show. And I'm like, oh my god, can I go to New York and let than ten hours? I'm also not anywhere near my home and my passports. We'll have to fly home, which I did. I jumped on a plane that second I flew home. I ran to my apartment. I went like this with all my stuff and I grabbed my passket and I ran out the door and on a plane and flew to New York. And as I'm at the airport, now, can I just say Hillary Duff confirmed to attend this event. She's been confirmed for months to attend this event with the whole cast of Younger. It's their premiere party. It's a huge deal. I just get confirmed. I'm at the airport, like handing over my passport to get on this plane, and I'm like, I'm going to get to interview Hillary Duff on a rooftop party for Younger, Like what could be better? And the I'm gonna have a drink afterwards, and it's all gonna be forgotten. My best friend she pulls out. Literally as I'm stepping onto the plane, I get a message saying Hillary Duff is no longer attending the premiere and the doors closed the plane. I just went to the party. I didn't know. I had the best time. I hung out with Sutton Foster, I hung out with the rest of the cast, met Mariska hargaateacher her husband's in it, and partied for like ten hours and then got up on a plane and went home. But I was saying, is I don't know Hillary, I don't know what have I done? And then I've interviewed every single person from you Younger except her. So my parasocial relationship is that she hates me.
Speaker 2: I think we could fix this. Yeah, maybe we do. Brillany on a trivia for album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just have brilliant honors you with Hillary.
Speaker 2: Doesn't if I'm non interaction with.
Speaker 1: Every time she's canceled on me anyway, So that's my relationships.
Speaker 2: Good answer. Okay, if you could do a deep dive interview with any celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be and what would your first question?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you know I spent like months prepping for my interviews. Can we just asked me? Off my head?
Speaker 2: That's like, who would it be?
Speaker 1: And they have to tell me the truth about everything?
Speaker 2: I want like one of those like three day interviews where you're like staying at their house, You're like following them, kind of like Russell Crows stooge. Yeah, like that level.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh god, I think off the top of my head, Like if I have more time, I think of a better answer, But right now I kind of want to know with like Megan Markel and Kate Milton all that, like if they have to tell you the truth, not just g pr answers. If I can interview anyone they're hooked up to a machine where they get electrocuted, I'll return my lie. I would love to ask them what happened with that whole situation? The Royal Family because we've had all these versions out there, but they none of them was a real version, like something bigger happened.
Speaker 2: And if you're there, do you mind asking Megan Markle will like jam be in the future.
Speaker 1: That's my first question. If you said, what were your first questions?
Speaker 2: Like my cos Am really need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know I remember you.
Speaker 2: Then you call me, tell me and then continue the.
Speaker 1: Inside remember get electrocuted if you like it's yours. I don't, Well, you asked the question.
Speaker 2: I didn't prep for this. I'm trying to think of someone that I'm like, really really interested in, Okay, as a person, I don't know. I'm trying to think of like someone i've been like really into lately, and I'm just like, no, I've been into quite a few.
Speaker 1: I would also love to sit down and have I'm only picking the women because I want to hear their side of the story. I don't care for the men. I would love to also get everything from Katie Holmes and call kimin about what happened with scientology.
Speaker 2: That is such a good act.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'd probably do that over the Royal Family. Of Royal Family. Second, it's Katie and a cole in a room and they're best friends, and we're best friends, the three of us, so there's no animosity. It's all very safe. But they just tell me every single thing that happened with Scientology, with the other celebrities, with Tom Cruise, because I will never hear those stories, and you just know there's so many rumors, but like I just feel like whatever actually happened has never been made public and will never ever be made public.
Speaker 2: I actually love that, you know who else I would do? I genuinely love to spend like days talking to Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she's so polished and media trained, Like she comes across as very authentic, which I think she is to an extent, But she there's so much stuff she doesn't say.
Speaker 2: It's just so so much, And I want to know like the actual dynamics of the sisters, especially in like the years where we're seeing the rifts and with Courtney and stuff like that. Like I'd love to know everything and also just find out like the strategy is behind what they show. I think that would be so.
Speaker 1: Interesting, so true. Okay, So this one came in from a spiller on our Instagram account. If you could have a podcast on anything else, what would you talk about? I mean, you've got other podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got other podcasts.
Speaker 1: The question is no, but you their company podcast, Like like Mama Mia wrote your blank check, like they do in Hollywood when you have one successful film and they said, Emily, take this money. Make any podcast you want. We don't have to approve it. We won't even see it till it goes live. What would you do?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm really interested in the everyday person. I'd love to do something like kind of like Humans of New York, but on a podcast version, like especially things like family and dating. Like I love hearing crazy stories from people, especially people that you only know surface level, or like when you just look at them, you're like, there's no way that you'll have like a crazy story, and then they just have like the wildest story. Yeah, or even like you know how some of them. When we talk about a big celebrity news topic like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah sofarh and we always started with like where were you when you saw that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I love hearing about like where people were for certain situations. I think that's just like really fun you.
Speaker 1: Do like you can start small, just like Humans of George Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never like done interview with stuff before, and I'm not like super interested in interviewing people, but i think like having conversations with people will be very fun.
Speaker 1: That's very honorable.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. What would you do well now that.
Speaker 1: Of her Durians. I feel stupid saying.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like it's gonna be like an Adam Sandler roundup.
Speaker 1: No, we could do that on this spot were you're talking about. We have done that on this spot. You do a podcast or anything else.
Speaker 2: We should do like a recap of every single scene from Jurassic Park, all the movies, and each episode is one scene per episode.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a Hue project. I'll do the first Jurassic Park movie with you, and then I'm gonna tap out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like at least date episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's us done for the rest of the year. Let's just do that until someone says.
Speaker 2: Something yes, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: As you know, the stuff I'm interested outside of work is it made me not woo woo. But I think I'd love to do a podcast on one of my passion topics, which is sasquatches. We talked about this before, right, we haven't talked about it that? Could you do? Just not come to afterwork drinks and everyone we go around and chairs. Okay, here's a thing. I am just really fascinated by these things in the world. Like I'm not saying they're real, but I'm just saying that every culture, way before we had the opportunity to share information across the globe, or people had time to travel or like the capacity to do that, every single culture has the same beliefs in like mythical creatures. And I'm so fascinated by that. And my the biggest fascination of that is sasquatches or bigfoots as they're sometimes called.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't think I knew what a sasquatch was.
Speaker 1: Said, do you look at me? Really blanketing?
Speaker 2: Now it kind of makes more every I thought it was a No, I don't want to say it.
Speaker 1: No, say it. What do you think it was that?
Speaker 2: Look vegetable? Is that a vegetable sasquatch?
Speaker 1: No, a squash is a vegetable. No, wonder you look at me so badly? Do you feel better about it now that you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now I just literally thought I didn't know you as a person for two seconds. Yeah, and now it makes sense when you said.
Speaker 1: The thing is Yeah, so sasquatch is kind of the preferred do you believe it? But every region and part of the world, like they all see the same creature, and there's tales of the same creature being in all these places. They just have different names. So like in Austraia, it could be like a yowie yowie, Yeah, not like the little things that you see in the little chocolate ones, but like a full bigfoot.
Speaker 2: And is it also like what a yetti is, Yeah, that's in.
Speaker 1: The Sasquatch family. It's just like it's like any other creature, like in different regions. They have like their bodies have adapted to the climate and they have different backgrounds.
Speaker 2: You'd be like going to find them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I freaking love to do that. No. No, there's so many places in the world where they have a lot of it. And I've watched every single Bigfoot and Sasquatch documentary in the world. I've read book on it. And here's the thing, I'm not saying they're real. I'm just saying that the Patterson Gimlin footage that shows a bigfoot that was captured in the sixties has never been disproven. No one can figure out how they made it look like that. I'm just saying. But also, don't you find it fascinating that, like all these different regions of the world, they all have the exact same mythology and all the pictures from like hundreds of years ago, they're all the same, they all match up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And also this is why I want to go. I want to go on a Sasquatch expedition. So there's lots of places in like Northern America and Canada. Canada is a really big Sasquatch hot spot area, and there are whole villages. When you watch these documentaries like Finding Bigfoots are really good. One spoiler alert that haven't found him yet, but they get so close sometimes they can hear they can hear one sometimes from the Bigfoot Research Association, which is a real thing. But there's whole countries and like up in the like little isolated areas of like Canada and North America and stuff where the people like in this like time we're in now live as if there are sasquatches in the woods, like they often see the footprints. They had their homes like proofed against them. There's areas they don't go into in certain times because they know it's sasquatch hunting area. They say they're like nests where they raise their kids and stuff, like they just live as if these creatures exist. Is that fascinating?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wouldn't you listen to me host a podcast or that?
Speaker 2: I think I'd rather watch like a reality TV.
Speaker 1: I can recommend, so I can recommend so many.
Speaker 2: I want to watch you doing that. I don't think it would come audibly.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if it's gonna be something that.
Speaker 2: Will grab me.
Speaker 1: It will add background noises. People have recorded sasquatches. They do like a shriek and then humans try minicu it. But the such watches, no can I try one? Okay, you want to do one that's not wrong completely, it's a bit more guttural and violent, Like what has this podcast become? We're getting cancel? So welcome to last I love that you are.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I was actually thinking, like that's how well I know you. I was like, I thought your aunt would be down like the witchy route.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what I'm obviously looking for. Lastinated with I'll look for which I'm way more scared, which is I don't want to go near them. Yeah, but Sasquatches I feel. And then like, once I do my Sasquatch series, then I'll move on to mermaids and fairies and so on and so okay, I got it together. So look at Mummy had twenty twenty six podcast late.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is your co host? Worst movie watching habits?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And.
Speaker 2: They have an example here example Emily wearing sunglasses.
Speaker 1: So that was the best night of my life. For those who don't remember that special moment, Emily and I went to the premiere of a very sexy movie, The Idea of You with Anne Hathaway and Nicholas Gallant. Scene, yes, lots of raunchy sex scenes. Emily had forgot her glasses and so she had to wear her sunglasses because their prescriptions and glasses all through the movie. So every time the night scenes, I believe you picked up what's going on. Every it's such a super ronchy scene. I'd look over at you and I couldn't tell what you were thinking because sunglasses and your face wasn't moving.
Speaker 2: I actually think I still because I took notes while watching that movie. I'm pretty sure I did.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you still have them.
Speaker 2: And I have a feeling I still have these notes. Wait, let me see if I can get them up and if not.
Speaker 1: Well you still have That is so funny. Do you write notes in the movie you couldn't see?
Speaker 2: No, I always write notes doing premiere as we go to Okay, well that's you know. I'm bad at like plots of understanding plot lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, let me while you're looking for let me list your worst qualities because I'm looking at your phone in a movie is definitely one of them. You know. I hate that. I know, talking in a movie not okay, But I laugh in the movie. No. I love Destiny. I love when you laugh. I love in New Gasp. I love when you form the floor and starts shaking because I feel like you want that energy in the theater of everyone having a big reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate when you lean over to a movie starts you're like, do you think that's the bad guy? Is that bad guy? Is that guy? Then you and then you're like, you're talking loudly to me in a movie, like, is that guy gonna do this? I'm like, we have the same information, we're watching the same Well, you can keep doing it. I feel bad, okay, but the fact that you can't follow a plot is quite interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't follow a plot, and I also can't explain a plot.
Speaker 1: O love what you're doing your own. I feel like that's my bat And watch a movie and afterwards you'll have to say what it was about, like like twenty minutes later and it just blank this and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, but it's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: It's like when you said The Witcher was your favorite TV show and then you try to explain season one to me, which is not a complicated plot, and you couldn't do it. Okay, let's start. What is a Witcher? You couldn't answer.
Speaker 2: It's for good.
Speaker 1: I still don't know, but you love it. You love that show, which is Henry Cavill, but not anymore, not anymore? All right, you can tell me mine. Okay, you're doing sugarcope, but you never do that. That's your other worst quality. You're very cutting. Sometimes we just start doing a.
Speaker 2: Movie watching it's like, what's bad?
Speaker 1: Everything I don't like about you?
Speaker 2: For you your movie watching habits like I'm a very much like get there, watch a movie, get out. You have a full procedure that.
Speaker 1: You need to go watch that procedure.
Speaker 2: It's just really frustrating.
Speaker 1: But like organization, rules lead to a good time, like a perfect sound.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's really not. Firstly, we're there, I'm the one who has to mind the seats.
Speaker 1: You go in first to get the seats, and I'm very particular about where i want to sit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're very particularly. You love an aisle seat.
Speaker 1: It can't be claustrophobic. If there's a fire, I need to live first. I need to leave you by.
Speaker 2: And you also have your two glasses of wine is generous, and your and your hand sanitizer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't watch a movie that my hands on.
Speaker 2: And your phone's there on do not disturb.
Speaker 1: My phone's on silent. I would never touch my phone during the.
Speaker 2: Hand sanitizer and and the lip glass and the lift glass.
Speaker 1: I can't watch a movie with I need my lip loss because the popcorn make my lips stri I need to constantly reapply the gloss as I my popcorn. And then but the thing cdently brushed this.
Speaker 2: Chair, the amount of times you and other patrons of the cinema have knocked stuff off because you're on the eye seat, so it's like on the aisle.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: One time it was like a wy I think it was the it was a Dylan premiere and I forgot about that was so it was like fancy.
Speaker 1: Cup holders.
Speaker 2: But they also gave us a glass west.
Speaker 1: And stupid historically preserved vintage theater, the stupid beautiful, beautiful holders.
Speaker 2: We hated it and it was like a glass And before that we were listening to this beautiful music performance and you just hear this clank cla the bottom of.
Speaker 1: My cup.
Speaker 2: Like rolled away.
Speaker 1: The worst one was we were we were to see Deadpool.
Speaker 2: It was the funniest. You haven't told him.
Speaker 1: You have to tell them that work. What happened to that laptop? I can't say it on the board, like you just don't spillers. This is for you. We won't put this in where else. I was wearing a really big coat went.
Speaker 2: Deadpool.
Speaker 1: It was your your wolver Deadpool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were wearing red and was wearing yellow ironically in the movie. And everyone because it was a premiere, everyone like all the die hard fans dressed and they all thought we were massive. We were, but they thought we were like one of the die High. They kept trying to get photos.
Speaker 1: This would be great for the press. Stol I was like.
Speaker 2: No, we're media. This is just what we wear.
Speaker 1: Everyone's already looking at us exactly, so I trying to be I sat down with my coat and we had given us these huge cocktails on the way in, and my coat knocked off. Instead of falling to the floor, it fell into my head, directly into my hair, back on top of my laptop and soaked myop and it did not turn back on.
Speaker 2: Producer at the time, Kim I had like two napkins.
Speaker 1: She went into produce some. When she jumped up, she pulled it. She was trying to bring this laptop back to life.
Speaker 2: Yea, And she was using her own clothes to soak up the drain.
Speaker 1: And my bag was full of like rum and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like there's hectic cocktails where it's like glowing.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Glowing red.
Speaker 1: A fruit around an umbrella.
Speaker 2: Cherries at the bottom of your back.
Speaker 1: It soaked my laptop.
Speaker 2: And it was such an important movie that people wanted to help but they didn't want to miss.
Speaker 1: And then I didn't want to miss on having a drink, so I went out to get another one. Got back in the secres like as if like having another one. I was like, I haven't even had one yet. It's in my bag. So anyway, sorry to that laptop that you didn't switch.
Speaker 2: That's probably you almost annoying that one's knocking off, sitting in the island knocking things off. Okay, I've got some personal ones from my own Instagram. Oh I've got this question for you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well from your install from my instat but it's for you.
Speaker 2: This this person wants to know what your perfect shade of lipstick is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a great lust.
Speaker 2: This is such a tailor swift coach question. I know, yeah, this is I feel like a lot of spills will want to know this because you love a red Well.
Speaker 1: I was transitioning fun, you were transitioning into I was transitioning to a nude lip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we started doing this vot every day and I looked back at the videos and I'm just a floating head. I'm just a floating bailt.
Speaker 2: So I had sockets.
Speaker 1: So now I've had to go back to a red lip here's the fun thing about me, or not a fun thing, quite embarrassing. I'm not a skincare girl, a makeup girl, a glama girl. I don't know any brands. I don't know any I don't know how to put makeup on. You know what you're like, and I don't even know that. I just gi me interviews I've done where I've had that red lipstick on my teeth, Like I know, we talked about Cynthia or Rebo having to clean my lipstick off my teeth, but she's not the only slip who's done that. There's lots of them. So I do love a deep like old school Hollywood red. Yeah, it's everyone looks good with the red lipstick. I agree people will never wear red lipstick. It's like, oh no, I could never pull that off. I'm like, what do you mean you just put it on.
Speaker 2: I think it's the first step to womanhood on me too. I think you wear a red lipstick and then you're a woman.
Speaker 1: I just always been watching my grandma get ready when I was like a really little girl, and she's very glamorous and before she went out to like play being got this little town she lived in, she'd always put on like a red lip, and I do remember thinking that it is like the most beautiful a human being has looked. So maybe it comes from that.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's such a cute story, and I say that it is.
Speaker 1: You're right, so first step of womanhood and it is the most beautiful a woman can look. So there you go. Just start wearing a red lip on the pod. You look at the right.
Speaker 2: I should. I don't wear red that often because I eat a lot before and half the recordings, it's always on my chin. Okay, I have this next question. This is a really interesting question to me because it reminds me that a lot of people don't know what we do day to day. Oh okay, so it says you get to interview Taylor Swift, but only one of you gets to do it. How do you decide who? And I'm going to say this to your tail lists. If you think this is a hard question for us, it's not, because it's a decision that I'm not even to be in the room for. Okay, So LB and I, yes, we host a spill. We're podcast hosts. We've hosted it for a few years now. You've hosted it for much longer than I have. But we also have day to day titles. So I'm an associate editor here at ma Mia. LB is head of entertainment, and the roles are quite different, so LB gets to choose, like you get all the big big info for celebrities entertainment.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean like that's like part of my job, part of your job. But you're like, I'm like taking them all.
Speaker 2: You're like reassigning. And we also have a massive entertainment team that I'm actually technically not on in the day to day. This spill is like the breath of the entertainment I do a MAMMEA entertainment mamma is massive. It's not just a spill. We're a part of it. But it's a huge, huge brand here. And it's just one of those questions where I'm like, I forget that people don't know that we They think we just do it, we just do this, which we don't. You have a massive job here. I host a bunch of other podcasts and I write for side usually like lifestylely beauty stuff. I rarely write entertainment stuff unless it's something I'm super super passionate.
Speaker 1: Pure recapping, like or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're also dealing with like the commercial side of entertainment. So when we have brand partners on and sponsorships, you're laboring very, very tedious work. And then when we do get those big celebrity interviews, you're usually the one who like either distributes it amongst the team, and then you also help coach them and what interviews to ask. And then you have to like lead all the like presentations that we do in entertainment. It's like two massive jobs. And then this is like a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. That's a question we've got every time you've done a Q and A this port actually is like is this your full time job? And it kind of could be, but we have two massive jobs. In saying that, though, if you really wanted to interview Taylor Swift, I would I would let you.
Speaker 2: I would be stoned to death in this office if I was the one who interviewed Taylor Swift. The amount of Swifties in this team, I was like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's almost why, because I get all nervous when everyone in the team to like to do a big interview, you know, and the team is really intense because you're like, oh my god, they're all like expecting me to do this huge job. I'd much rather from like, hey, guys, I'm going to an interview and I saw who's with. Everyone's like, we don't go. Yeah, it's like pressure off.
Speaker 2: Pressure off. Okay, I've got this really funny one. Okay, which one find the love of your life? But you can't watch any TV or watch TV but continue to date.
Speaker 1: Can I say that I know instantly? Which one?
Speaker 2: I know instantly? Which one?
Speaker 1: God shall we say at the same time? Yeah? One, two, three, watch TV and continue to date.
Speaker 2: You want us to never watch TV ever again? And then we'll wear a man We're sitting next to some man.
Speaker 1: Sorry. TV has given me way more than Yeah, it's an easy choice.
Speaker 2: I see all my exes at these TV pre.
Speaker 1: It's not fun. That's a fun thing. Every time Ever and I go out together, which is another question. I got a question being like, do you guys ever hang out socially? And I was like, yeah, to an extent. But the thing is we see each other so much at we see each other at work, We go to a lot of events together. Sometimes we'll get dinner and stuffs, and you've got mutual friends, so we go to things.
Speaker 2: I think you have to dough like I Also, when you work professionally with someone but then you're also friends, I feel like you actually do have to carve out worktime versus friends. Yeah yeah, because like when we go on dinners together, we never talk about work.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, which I think is very healthy, And that's boundary I have to have with all my because I didn't know anyone when I moved to Signior. I only know people at MUM and MEA, so my friendship group was all linked to here. But yes, every time Emily goes out with me, one of her ex boyfriends will be around.
Speaker 2: Us and.
Speaker 1: The squat. Don't bring the sasquatches into this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's happened, like at least four times, yeah, where I bumped into an ex or we've seen an X and something that also happens when you date within the industry, which I.
Speaker 1: Even add an indust Remember when you we were meaning for dinner at that restaurant in my apartment building and as I was leaving my building, I looked down at my phone and it was just a message too for you being like you've done it again. I hate you, and I was like, I didn't you. Instantly I was like, oh my god. One of her ex boyfriends is at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I was walking to the restaurant to meet you know, I bumped into him and it was one of those where it was one of those things where we did, like the double take. Yeah, and then because we both did the double take, we both had to acknowledge each other. And I'm like, oh my god, now to talk to this man.
Speaker 1: So that answers that ten questions I got, which is, do you hang out together? Do you like each other?
Speaker 2: Now we hate each other?
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got another one that came through, and I thought this was very important. Someone said, out of Emily or Laura, who would die first in a slasher movie?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's such an easy answer. Really, we all know I'm dying first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Firstly, I don't watch enough slasher movies to know the rules. To know the rules. Also, because every time it's a really important scene where someone's getting slashed, I'm closing my eye.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna get kill. You're gonna get chased by the killer instead of running outside, which is the correct thing, looking both ways, running outside, getting in a vehicle, getting a weapon, turning to fight back at the right moment. There's rules and horror movies. Yeah, Also it helps if you're a bland main girl and a virgin that might have sailed. I made the rules.
Speaker 2: That is my bio, right, the main girl virgin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you didn't do anything wrong, so you didn't deserve to die. But yeah, you're the kind of person you would be running for the killer. Then you just go, what do you think my kill scene would be? Okay? I think it's you would like be running from the killer and you'd have the option to get away, like there'd be a car or the bead rescue.
Speaker 2: It'd be one of those like scary movie parodies. Just do the wrong thing all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because every time you were in the movies, you're not fight or flight your cower. I'm freezing, cow are you freeze? So I feel like the killer be chasing uni a sudden you'd be like just crouched down and you just sink to the floor and cover your eyes, and the killers like, are you gonna run? Like I can't stab your feet just on the ball in a bull shape the killer feel bad. You're gonna be like, please don't kill me, So.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I say. I always call mensa you have to be respect.
Speaker 1: And he'll stabs you in the face anyway. But at least you tried.
Speaker 2: You can't stand me in the face of close eyes.
Speaker 1: That's why he's got an easy dog. I mean, at least you die first. Yeah, it's better than watching all your friends die brilly and keep escaping.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't ever watch anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that person is. I mean, I'd like to think that I would stay to the end. I think i'd be Final Girl.
Speaker 2: I think you'd be Final Girl, and then you end up being the second killer for the second movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it's harded me. Yes, yes, I know what you did last summer.
Speaker 2: That's the worst thing aid to me.
Speaker 1: The Freddie Prince Junior of the last Summer franchise. Yeah, Final Girl, to kill a pipeline. That's a great place to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that I've got this last question, which has nothing to do with our podcast.
Speaker 1: Which is fine. That's most of the questions we've done today. Sorry for everyone who tuned in for entertainment gossip.
Speaker 2: Worst sex story?
Speaker 1: Okay, did that come from your Instagram? Yes? Okay, our questions, our audiences are so different, audiences are sogety. You got best sex question? I got what do you know about the Buffy reboot? What do you love about your more girls?
Speaker 2: The most one?
Speaker 1: Do you love? Mine? Was so wholesome? Film? Please? I didn't get worse sex story.
Speaker 2: Worse sex story.
Speaker 1: I think anytime that you try and do a sex scene that looks great in a movie, but in real life it's horrific. Like have you ever tried to have sex on a beach?
Speaker 2: I think No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I look every movie it happens in looks so romantic and beautiful.
Speaker 2: It does like it sounds like something that everyone should try.
Speaker 1: No, don't cold, sandy, wet, disgusting, wasn't working, seagulls squawking New York like the movie's light to was? Wait, what's yours? I know so many of yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know a lot of mine and a lot of them. I can't say unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you asked the question mine. I had to think of a PG one.
Speaker 2: My worst one, not bad, but.
Speaker 1: Just like awkward.
Speaker 2: And I've talked about this recently in the video, but this happened with my ex and I live in like a loft of apartment, like their studio loft, so there's like stairs going up to my living room and then more stairs going up to my bedroom, and the whole thing's open, so it's like open stairs. And I wake up like shocked, Like something woke me up at two am, and it was like this man screaming, like screaming loud way yeah, and it was my ex. He'd fallen down my stairs while going to the bathroom. And because it was one of those things where like I thought I was dreaming, so I immediately went back to sleep. I think I whispered in my sleep something like sh and then I went straight back.
Speaker 1: I gave it. Okay, that's not a bad sex story though, but like you being a bad human being was just like yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it happened post post sex.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll count it. Sorry, we'd have to have a whole different podcast to get into the care.
Speaker 2: We need a few wines if we're going to go into it the next time we do it and ask me anything where I know we're not allowed to have open.
Speaker 1: We'll do it from the bar. We like to go to my building.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've seen, we've seen a lot of awkward first dates. However, that's actually maybe a hip to leave you with today. If you're going on the first date and you see a cocktail on the menu that looks very interesting, don't ever get it.
Speaker 1: Don't order a treasure chest fishbowl because it will come.
Speaker 2: It will come in a birdcage with music, and your date is going to look at you horrified and will we witness this first half?
Speaker 1: Don't give me my favorite bart? What else can go?
Speaker 2: We'll see all my export friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come join us in all of Emily's exploit friends.
Speaker 2: God, thank you so much for listening to this very, very silly episode of the Spill. We love getting your questions. You can always dm us on Instagram. You can also dm us on our Spill Instagram. We're at the Spill podcast. Give us a follow while you're there, and also don't forget to watch us on YouTube. We are on our very own YouTube channel now. Please subscribe, follow, comment, leave a review on your podcast app. Everything, just do it all. Just have a list and just tick them all.
Speaker 1: And if you're a fan of the TV show The Summer, I turn prety well who isn't. We have an episode of Watch Party dropping into this feed on Sunday, so make sure you listen.
Speaker 2: The Spill is produced by Minitia's Wine with sound production by Scott Stronik, and we'll be back here in your podcast feed at three pm on Monday. Bye bye