Speaker 1: So you're listening to a Muma Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and borders that this podcast is recorded on from Mamma Mia. Welcome to the spill your daily pop culture fix. I'm Laura Brodnick.
Speaker 1: And I'm Cayley McCarran, and we have got a ripper of a show for you today, Spillers.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, a lot of heartbreak, a lot of intrigue, a lot of gossip that we're going to weave through. We've got two big celebrity couples that have been the spotlight because allegedly both of their relationships have come to an end for different reasons. So we're going to get into that.
Speaker 1: Well. First, first, Laura, I want to talk to you about the pop star that you have probably heard on the radio lately NonStop. That is our friend, Miss Sabrina Carpenter. She's not our friend at all, but.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I hear her on the radio. I also play her on a constant loop on my Spotify as I walk toward from work. Really that and musicals. Yeah, she's a boppy girl. I love her music.
Speaker 1: Can't relate to that at all. Really, Yeah, we'll get into that in a minute though. But Sabrina Kappener's Manchild, which was released a couple of weeks ago and then her music video has just come out that accompanies it, secured the biggest streaming debut for a female artist on global Spotify this year, so passing Chapel Rones the Giver, which I'm sure you would I would know it if you sung a little bit to me. But I also was kind of like bing bong.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, that's a great song. I'm not going to sing it because I don't have the vocal range of Chapel Rome, but it's a banger of a song.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people are talking because her music video and the posters and all of the visuals have come out with the song, and let me just if you haven't seen it, well, I'm gonna summarize what happens. The video starts with Sabrina hitchhiking across the country with one disastrous man after another, and it's set and filmed in a very sixty seventies so vibe. It's very cool, like it's very visually beautiful, which is a metaphor for going from bad relationship to bad relationship, which you know a lot of gals in their twenties can relate to. So she's catching all these rides with multiple men, and they're all like kind of weird, Like it's very surreal, as if you're having a strange dream. Like there's really impossible vehicles, and at one point she's like in a pool with a shark. So there's a jet ski. There's an armchair that just driving along. All of them have wheels. There's a motorcycle with a supermarket shopping cut bolted to the side. I don't know how much of it is AI, which is part of the problem with art these days. You watch something really cool like that and you think, but how much is AI? I just don't know. And at the end of the video, so that goes on for a couple of minutes while she's singing, and it's not a very good song to be well, I don't think it is. At the end of the video, she gets out of the car and immediately lags down another that pulls up next to her. She gets into that one and drives away, and that's it. And she's dressed very Daisy Duke, very Jessica Simpson in.
Speaker 2: The books are Made for what Jukes had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one like really hot, like but cheeks hanging out, little crop, big blonde curls, absolutely gorgeous, objectively hot for both the female and male gaze. But there is a lot of commentary online about it being performative feminism and that she's just always performing, that she's a feminist.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm interesting what you think. I just don't know if she's really thought that much about it. And I don't think that this song in particular is supposed to be a feminist anthem. Like I think that it's just a summer banger about well, other people think it's a banger. I don't about constantly choosing the wrong men and wanting to look hot for the male gaze all the time while you're running around chasing the wrong men. That's what I think it is. I think that people are just really.
Speaker 2: Looking into it. Oh, I mean I think definitely looking very over sexualized and glamorous is a huge part of her brand and she loves it. And also why wouldn't you? But it's interesting because this has come out and then as.
Speaker 1: An oscar, why are you trying to look like Charlie's thrown in Monster.
Speaker 2: I love this the two extremes. It's like blonde pinup girl or crazy serial killer who's lost all her teeth. There is no in between. There is absolutely that's what we learned from Hollood and that's on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting, like with the video clip coming out and also as like em and I spoke on a recent episode of The Spill, like the cover for Manta where she's like again that very over sexualized pose and she's kind of on her hands and knees, you know, really intense makeup, and a man who's like off to the side of the photo is like leaning down, like pulling her hair back, and people like she's too over sexualized. All her music, her video clips, her photos are all this like very kind of pinup girl but also being dominated by men. But I think if you look a little bit closer, I mean, at the end of the day, these are pop songs, so they're not meant to.
Speaker 1: Be And who cares if she she wants to be dominated and over sexualized?
Speaker 2: Who gets well? I do under central extent, Like the whole point is like art, whether it's like a pop song or like an album or a painting is like to put it out into the world and have people critique, and so I think that's fine. But I also think there's a lot of layers to the art that she puts out, Like when you look at her past video clips, they all they're not just her in a little sequent outfit dancing, although a few of them obviously have that, but they all have this really interesting element of storytelling, like she loves to do a little film with all of them.
Speaker 1: That's what I loved the film. Yeah, I thought it was great. Well, it's like this when.
Speaker 2: Her and Barry Kogan when he was in a video clip, remember that, and they were like breaking out of the jail cell. We had this little narrative, Or when she re enacted all these incredible movies in her other video clip, like Death Becomes Her and General Tager was in it, and there was like this beautiful visual storytelling and all these little easter eggs buried in there for people who are like lovers of like that particular very campy genre of film, and whether that's her whole team, it's probably like a mixture of both. Again, it was like very intentional story telling to be very campy, be over the top, but also lean into this like, oh sexualized image. And it's interesting because I was reading a profile with her and Rolling Stone the other day and they were asking her about like this intense kind of like this pushing of sex and this pushing of like sex with her identity, and I thought it was interesting that she was like, you guys are the ones that really hook onto the sex. She's like, I put out a lot of content and that's what everyone really I'm paraphrasing obviously, but she was like, this is what everyone really attaches themselves to. So she's like, I think you guys are obsessed with sex, not me. And I did sit with that for a while and I was like, I mean, there's an element of truth to that.
Speaker 1: There is, But I do think that she's a smart lady and she knows what she's doing. Oh yeah, and at the end of the day, sex sell, so you know that, yes, maybe you are producing a lot of different content. You know what's going to get attention, Well, what's going to get yeah, and what's going to get covered and talked about. So yeah, it's all well and good to say that.
Speaker 2: But I saw a fan also post a fans all this word for what this person says. Posted the Manchild album cover of her, like you know, with the man pulling her hair back, and was like, does she have a personality outside sex? And Sabrina Sora and she commented and she was basically like, yeah, girl, and my personality is really really good. And I think that that's also true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I know heaps of people that really love sex and over sexualize themselves in their lives and they definitely have other hobbies. Yeah, Like, clearly she's got other hobbies because she's very successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and she's out.
Speaker 1: And about she's not she is out at over time. So when I said who cares, what I meant was like, who cares if her whole brand is being over sexualized now? And why does that matter to so many people? Like who put her up as a feminist anthem icon or whatnot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do understand a little bit. I think I think it's because people thought that music was potentially moving and like that this pop stardom was potentially moving away from the Brittany's, the Christina, the Jessica Simpsons, the Mandy Moore's, who are a very certain time, all these very thin, overly sexualized blonde women like dancing on stage in a very particular way. I think, with like Billie Eilish being like the biggest star in the world and coming out in these baggy outfits because she said she felt comfortable in them, like greasy abams, sort of dancing a different way. Even Taylor Swift to an extent, kind of pulling that back and going in different direction. People thought pop music had changed, and then Sabrina came back in l yeah exactly with me like very kind of like yeah, being a character on stage with her like dragon spied outfits, and then people thought it went circled back around, and then Sabrina was like, no, no, no, we're going back to this, and people have really liked it. So the interesting thing is that Manchild, the actual album isn't out yet, and so when it comes out, I think it will have that amazing storytelling element of like what's happened to her in the last couple of years, because it's you know, she's got a different level of fandom now, she's got a different level of celebrity friends. But also she had that really public breakup with Barry Kurugan that.
Speaker 1: Kit starred at a very similar time becoming a household now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and something happened behind the scenes on that, Like I mean a few times she's alluded to it on stage because he's from Island, so when she was in Ireland, she was like up on stage being like, yeah, Irish man, like they're they're really something to be said about them kind of thing. But I also, I just wonder, here's a theory I've seen online that I'm really interested and if it's true, I will be so impressed by her. But I don't think it's true. But the theory, it's also Sobrina, it's not too late to make it true. So go on with that photo that's come out from her album, which is the one where she's down on all fours on the floor looking sexualized, and.
Speaker 1: The it doesn't like getting their head, you get her head because you'd be like, I don't have to do not touch it if you pull out one strength, this is done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also kind of my friend mystuff like yeah.
Speaker 1: Then stop them and be like I like it, I must fix.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the hair grabing during sex, i'd have to I'd have to give notes on that but so, and yeah, the guy in the phone is like yanking her hair back. But what think is potentially when she actually releases the full album, that you'll see the full shot and that she's actually the man the suit pulling back her own hair. So it's Sabrina Carpenter like dominating herself. So it's like her masculine side dominating her feminine side, and it's not about and she's decentering men because men aren't even in the picture. It's just her.
Speaker 1: That's very a simple favorite having sex with herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a messed up mood, but I was like, oh my god, that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only reason I don't think it's true is like because I feel like it's not really alluding to that, and that it wouldn't have been leaked like they would have kept that undercover.
Speaker 1: It also would be very off brand, because no, I think.
Speaker 2: It'd be on brand for her that kind of like being very overtly sexual and releasing this image, but it having like a bit of a deeper layer behind it, and her playing with people's expectations because she does copple what of hate has since she was like a Disney star and I think why.
Speaker 1: I genuinely don't understand. She seems like the most well.
Speaker 2: She was involved in a really intense love triangle with her own Olivia Rodrigo, who's the other really big pop star, and they I can't remember the guy's name. He was the star of the show on the Disney Network with them, and they both released albums. It's like Driver's License is about her. This is very deep Disney law, but it's so important. Also, Sabrina Olivia pose for a photo this year and so that was a huge situation. So you know, the girls aren't fighting anymore.
Speaker 1: Is good because being a teenager, they've both.
Speaker 2: Become global superstars and this guy is like nondescripts, so they don't want. Like recently, Sabrina said, I don't think about that Driver's License drama of my life anymore. I've moved on. So I'll be interested to see when that album does come out, if the script has been flipped and it's.
Speaker 1: Her love, if she does that.
Speaker 2: If I was her and her team and I saw that theory going around online and it wasn't true, I'd be like, get back in the studio.
Speaker 1: Let let's reado that. Just like AI her face exactly. Let's ai her face.
Speaker 2: It'd be such clover marketing. I don't think it's true, but I hope for her because I have very high standards for her because I love Sabrina Carpenter. My favorite song is Taste followed by Espresso. Then please please, just in case you wanted to know, oh uselessen to music.
Speaker 1: Okay, let us know what you all think. Do you think that she's pulling her own hair back? Or is it a hotty A different a male hotty. Laura has some goss about Katy Perry. But before we start, I need to ask you. Have you ever seen her in real life?
Speaker 2: No? And I'm desperate too. And I'm also really sad I didn't get tickets to her austrain For all the haters out there who said Katy Perry is over, her Australian tool is sold out, I.
Speaker 1: Think she's an incredible performer. I want you to Some of the tech talks are quite funny, but it's only because you know you're doing some art, you're getting creative, you're flying around the stage. Good on you, But I just need like, I know, it doesn't matter, looks don't matter, but you know how sometimes you see celebrities or famous people in real life and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have never saw her in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I have never done a double take at someone.
Speaker 2: Did you go to the concert?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What would you story to Taylor Swift? Oh? Oh h they had to I was just sitting in front of that, so they were all in there. And I have never like actually doubled took at someone because they were so for Katy Perry. I did it for Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: I would believe that, and like everything.
Speaker 1: About she was beautiful. She was sitting with Rita Orra who was also just like just so beautiful real life beauties. So it's just like a fun factory run.
Speaker 2: That is a fun fact.
Speaker 1: I'm feel like shit because they're really beautiful in real life as well as on screen.
Speaker 2: I know, but also just think of the maintenance that their teams are doing to make them look like that. But and Katy Perry's been looking really good in the last few years. Well, she had this Australian stylist who she still has, I believe at Teddiana Woodford, who like completely redid her style. That's why every time she's going on a red carpet. Everyone was talking about her and like her makeover, she's.
Speaker 1: Not talked about enough as one of the world's most beautiful, Like if you look at her, she's stunning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think just some of the negative stuff around her recently has overshadowed that. So that's what as coming into this tour, the lifetime to her, there was obviously a lot of yeah, well there was there was a lead up so well, there was the Woman's World song that she put out, remember that, No, so she she put out that song It's a Woman's World, and it was her first big single.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's right really proud was produced by the man who was accused yeah checking kesher, But it also was this really feminist anthem where they took all of these like.
Speaker 2: Iconic for mious moments and redid them in the video. Clear but everyone thought she was being too much of a try hard and like, you know, some parts of it didn't land.
Speaker 1: And when you've got the producer that's done that well, it was.
Speaker 2: The same producer who worked on her like all of her biggest hits. And I think she was like previous years when she was like at the top of the pop game, So I think that's when she thought she was going to recreate that magic. And so that song came out and she got absolutely slammed for it, both for the song and for the video. Clear people like this is so embarrassing. And then she kind of went out of spotlight but was looking really she one red carpet. So it's a bit like is it evening out? Like people are making fun of.
Speaker 1: Her, but I'm hot.
Speaker 2: She's hot, which will always help out in any situation. Then the space thing happened, which is kind of hard because people do think, and maybe this is true to my extent, that a lot of this big world tour that she's doing has some space stuff that's in it that's not really referenced, and they think it's because she thought that was going to be really favorably received, her five minute trip to space.
Speaker 1: Oh, and they definitely did.
Speaker 2: They all did, and that yeah exactly. Oh, I mean, girl King's there, and you're just like, well, girl King's here, Like she always makes the right choice. So I think they didn't think it was going to be so globally mocked, and so she's had to pull that out of her tour.
Speaker 1: And then there's very space, like it's very sci fi. Still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, that was meant to be kind of a lead into the space thing. But now she's on stage and she's like, don't talk about it. But like I said, it's sold out in a lot of places. I've heard a lot of people say it's incredible. So that's all happening, And obviously she's been in Australia. While she's in Australia, all eyes are on her. But at the same time, a report has come out from People magazine that she and Orlando Bloom, who have been married many years.
Speaker 1: They've got a kid.
Speaker 2: They have a little girl. Her name's Daisy Dove Blooms. That cute, very word, Daisy Dove Bloom. Cute. That's why when she was up in space, she floated to the camera and held up a little Daisy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so her daughter could be openly mocked at school.
Speaker 2: I feel like the kind of school that kid would go to, it's like all everyone's parents like richness. Yeah, exactly, so that wouldn't have been a thing. So she's in Australia turing at the moment, and this story from People magazine came out and one of the reasons why everyone's thinking this is potentially true is that, as I often say, we don't mean to do pr for People magazine, but they do check all their sources before they put something out. That's why when celebrities want to release something like Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster, like finally releasing information at their relationship and all that sort of stuff, they go through people because they had that back channel setup.
Speaker 1: So not the Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like one of those old school tabloids where someone in the office will just be like, oh, I'll write this and I'll beat this, yeah, and all those sorts of things, like they've actually checked. So they put out an article saying that Katie Perry and Orlando Blooms romance, they said, is navigating troubled waters, which I feel like the writer people.
Speaker 1: Make it at any point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like the writer was probably like, oh, this has come from Katie in Orlando's team or a friend, so we've got to sort of say it. We don't want to say they're breaking up, but they say. An insider told People the couple experienced strain in their relationship amid the release of her latest album, and another source says there is no turning back. They're pretty much done, a source tells People, adding that they don't really see them being able to turn things around. It's been breaking down the last couple of months and it isn't looking good. And then they said about Katie touring at the moment, this comeback means a lot to her and she wants to give fans the best show. This makes me feel like this part's coming from Katie's team. She's happy and just focused on her tour and her daughter Daisy Dove, four and a half years old, is with her and their sightseeing and having fun. And they said they've contacted both Katie Bloom and Katie Bloom, Davy Perry, and Orlando Bloom, who did not respond to their request to say yes or no the story is correct or incorrect, Which is kind of interesting because I guess celebrities get like requests like this every day. People say like, we're running a story about you, do want to comment? And if you do, if the celebrity then does comment, then it kind of gives free rein for the story to keep going. But I do wonder if there was a huge story like this in People magazine that you might just say like we're very happy together or something everything if it was a complete not true. And the other thing is, again, this could be just a wardrobe thing. We don't know. The other thing is that she's been sided out without her wedding ring in Australia.
Speaker 1: Wear it.
Speaker 2: I actually think she doesn't always wear it from.
Speaker 1: What I never wear mine and I you're.
Speaker 2: Currently an unmarried lady. Do you know where it is? No?
Speaker 1: What, It's just somewhere at home.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere at home.
Speaker 1: I just don't look. Look. I don't like to be touched. I wear jewelry out to work sometimes. I just I'm not someone that would just wear it at home.
Speaker 2: I just feel a lot better if you said, yeah, it's in my second top drawer or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's in my cupboard somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, feeling better. I'd love you to check that when you go home. But no, she doesn't worry it all the time. Kind of I guess fifty to fifty. I don't know. I'm not really tracking Katie Perry's wedding ring, but I feel like she often doesn't wear it on red carpets and stuff. If it's not like the vibe of her very start. But the difference to them, you.
Speaker 1: Do think that. I'm like, yeah, you need to take your ring off, especially if it's quite an ostentatious diamond ring. Sometimes it really doesn't go with the outfit.
Speaker 2: Take it off. That's so true. And no one's gonna think you're divorced. Well, they obviously will because they do well, but hey, it's Pierre. But the difference then is that a lot of times where she's seen without it, she's with Orlando Bloom, so it's less of a big headline making kind of thing, whereas she hasn't been seen with him for a while and she's not wearing her ring, and there's a story in People magazine and that's all the evidence we have.
Speaker 1: I say, when you just said that, you know, the sources say that things haven't been dol for a few months. Celebrities, I feel like they don't give it enough of a try, because a few months doesn't seem like a very long time.
Speaker 2: I know, but a few months since it sort of hit the publicity circuit, like it could have been happened for a really long time. Okay, you know again, we just don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I just feel like celebs. They're used to getting everything that they want in their lives being so easy. They're like, oh, things are a little bit hard, I mean hard. Yeah, Oh fuck this, let's get a divorce.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know. They've been together for like, I don't know, six seven years something like that, exactly. Yeah, so they count celep and she's had a rough time of it. Let's not forget she was married to Russell Brand that poor woman.
Speaker 1: Like, so she went to one of these shows in Sydney where he made awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's currently being accused of rape, so she's been through him quite a bit. Yeah. Yeah. And then I actually, can I just say on the record that I'll be very sad if they break up because I've always felt that they have this like kind of you know, cutesy romance.
Speaker 1: Six seven years, that's a great relationship.
Speaker 2: But she has said on the record what she wants from a partner. So she went and call her daddy and she said, if he cleans the kitchen, I'll give him a blowjob, Like it's all I care about. She's like, I'll have sex with you or do whatever you want if you just clean up after yourself. Maybe he didn't clean the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Maybe he did not. Okay, more break up news.
Speaker 2: I know we're sorry to bring you all this sad.
Speaker 1: That's not really well.
Speaker 2: This whe we die not.
Speaker 1: Also, they don't have to be sad.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: You could still be friends, could be no longer romantically beautiful way to put it.
Speaker 2: Yes, the other breakup stories circulate at the moment, and to be fair, these two never talk about their relationships, so it could be nothing. But the world is quite certain that after eight years together that Chris Muttin, who is the lead singer of cole Play but more famously old. I think it's Oneth Paltrow's ex husband and dad Apple and Moses. Okay, they have the two children together. Yeah, do you know I hate that. I know this the information that sticks in my brain. Moses because he's got a song called Moses or it's got Moses in it. And when she was pregnant with their son, she would go and watch him play, and every time the song Moses came on, he would start kicking, so they called him Moses.
Speaker 1: Oh cute.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I know that.
Speaker 1: But because you're a wealth of celebrity.
Speaker 2: Because I just read things they do so well.
Speaker 1: That they have been dating you for eight years. I swear that I thought she was like twenty two.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's in her thirties. But they've been together for but he's like in his late forties. It's like quite a So here's the tabloody side of it before we get into other side. So one is that they've never been super super public. They don't like walk off a whole bunch of red carpets together or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Remember, up until a few months ago, I didn't know that they were together. I thought she was with Pedro Pascal and.
Speaker 2: That was like, oh wow, that was a great deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I almost wanted to let you come on the podcast and put that information out here.
Speaker 1: But no, you know, we love to start romas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that would have been a big one. But yeah, So they it's been the last couple of months that people have started to say, like, are they not together? Because even though they never do a lot of publicy together, so they never talk about each other in interviews, they want red carpets together, anything like that, but they always pitch it out like hugging in the street, arms around each other all so I think they just like, we're gonna go out and live our lives and we're gonna get photographed and who cares. And she'll often go to his concerts and stuff and like be in the background all that sort of stuff. And Gwyneth, of course, Gwyneth is a chatty girl and nothing's off the record for her has talked about how much she loves having Dakota as like a sister wife and how close they are, and they've posted photos together, so she's like, really, you know, in the fold of the family, Dakota.
Speaker 1: Is just so sarcastic and not wellness. But no, but Gwyneth is very very sarcastic, but Dakota is just so not goop. It just I really, I guess I've got lots of friends with vastly different interests.
Speaker 2: I actually think Dakota is very goop. I actually think that she would be very much. She's been raised in that very intense Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Work she pretends not to be.
Speaker 2: I think she's Yeah, I think her persona is just like I'm just a quirky every girl. But I'm sure behind the scenes she's eating like very yeah, she's eating kale and having like yeah, and having like, you know, the juice of a snail squeeze into her paws and stuff like she I think she is I do that and I'm not. Yeah, but you're a beauty influencer, so I actually think that wouldn't be that. Gwyneth Paltrow is very much the world she grew up in. So if anyone's out of the lupet's Chris Martin, so she's very in that circle. But recently they haven't been pictured together, and then the rumor mills started that they've broken up with people. They have. They have come out with a full statement. That's the thing to say. That's why I feel like no one behind the scenes has talked about it. So when I say people, I mean like people on the street, not people magazine.
Speaker 1: People on the street looking outside their house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which they do think they've broken up because they haven't done even little references to each other for a while. They pictured together, and also it's just the rumor mill, and people are also saying that it's because the age gap has kind of become a bigger thing, but also that he was dragging his feet on their wedding. She's never said they're engaged. Or anything like that, but it's kind of been thought for a long time. But they're engaged, so it's out in the world. The interesting thing is that they never talk about being together, so they would never address a rumor that they were broken up.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't even out themselves as been.
Speaker 2: Seeing addressed so so publicly with such an intensity they haven't seen around them before that I'm just thinking, like, maybe it's true to an extent.
Speaker 1: And as we were saying, she's been very KOOKI extra cookie, yes, and her little publicity.
Speaker 2: So that's the interesting thing that if she was, if she wasn't in the public eye at all, I'd be kind of maybe less inclined to believe it, because why would she come out and do an interview about being with someone when she's off the publicity circuit. But she's very on the publicity circuit at the moment, and it's been a very kind of like very specific way that's been done. So she's doing publicity for her new movie Materialists, in which she stars with Pedro Pascal. And also.
Speaker 1: Maybe he is her secret boyfriend.
Speaker 2: You think that he broke him up, He certainly did. I don't even think that, however, I would love that to be true, because we would just dine out on that for weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what a glorious day for content, Well a not a glorious day for Chris Mattin.
Speaker 2: No poor Chris Mauttin or Pedroc Yeah I don't yeah, well no Pedro Perscal never publicly has a partner, any kind of partner, so we never know what's going on with him. He often has his sister coming to all their events and stuff. But he and Takota have been like pictured at concerts together. In one of them, they'd been pitched like on the street together. But they're doing press together, so that's kind of fine. He was wearing her shirt at one of the concerts, and what she said.
Speaker 1: Just they shmacked him and he couldn't find his own.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, she says, because he was dressed inappropriately for the cold weather and she had to give him a shirt. But I just I think if they were sleeping to here, they maybe just woantn't be so blatant. So I one hundred percent don't think that's story. Yeah, I mean, or maybe they want to throw us off so many things. So she's on this press to a for the Materialists, which is a great movie. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, it will you just come to cinemas. But it's both great and harrowing and beautiful and also sometimes ridiculous. But like, I can't stop thinking about this movie. And so, but that movie is all about finding the one and how do you choose the person you want to spend your life with? And do you go like do you just.
Speaker 1: Get the one? That's like the modern day hitch oh too.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyone say it like that before. But she plays a match maker. Yeah, so she plays a matchmaker in a movie Dakota Johnson, and she's got this like long term entanglement with Chris Evans, but his character isn't right for her. And then she meets Pedro Pascal's character, who's like this billionaire, you know, unicorn of a man who is looking for a wife, and she starts dating him and then it's kind of like this like triangle between the three of them and this love story of who she should be with Jess like in real life, Well, yeah, Chris and Pedro just offer Chris battling it out exactly. So she's on the and she's been going so hard on the promo tour for this movie. And so she's been doing like so many a lot of press, a lot of different press, but saying nothing because you can see that she has either not that she had answers personal questions, but her team has said, like, she's not doing any real life questions. So she's doing a lot of games and gimmicks and other celebrities podcasts. So she went on Amy Pola's podcast, Good Hang. But even then she was like, she brought a puppy with her, being like, look at the puppy, don't look at me, don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: They haven't talked about silly things not yeah.
Speaker 2: And they're having this silly back and forth. And she's been, you know, going to doing the talk show circuit, and she always has the scene where she comes out in a dress and then sits down and then is like shocked and horrified that like her dress is really short, her boob is falling out or something like that. She's done that, which I understand that except me, Yeah, And I don't even think she's doing it to show her boob. I think she'd actually wouldn't care if the world saw her boobs or not. But I think it's just like little quirky thing.
Speaker 1: We have seen her boobs, haven't we, Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Fifty Shades all three movies, and they're beautiful. But I think it's more so that she was just like she comes out with these little things, like she knows that that will kind of go through the time and so they won't have to ask her any questions because she's folding a napkin into her dress and then that becomes the viral moment that everyone shares on TikTok and then no one's talking about she's the other stuff she is, Well, she's been raised in Hollywood. She's like third is her mom again, Her mom is Melanie Griffiths, Yeah, and her dad is the actor Don Johnson, and then her stepfather is Antonio Banderas. But then her grandmother is Tippy Heddrohn, who's one of the most iconic old school Hollywood actresses. So she's a third generation NEPO baby.
Speaker 1: Oh love it.
Speaker 2: And it shows those genes have been like mixed around a few times and they've come out to this like just quirky weird girl is She's the.
Speaker 1: One that was like I was homeless, like trying to yeah, yeah, you weren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she loves to weave a story.
Speaker 1: She does.
Speaker 2: She's been doing that so she One interesting one that she did was with Vanity Fair and she's doing the lie Detective test and obviously, like you kind of like her and her team must like pre feed them questions to ask because and I think she was saving this story for it to kind of be this big moment on the press tour because she said this.
Speaker 1: You once sent a man who broke your friend's heart a gallon of gorilla shit? Can you confirm or deny that this happened? I mean, there's no way that he would watch this, So yes, I did do that. How would one order something like that asking for a friend?
Speaker 2: Shit senders dot com you can order any kind, any size, truthful.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I have.
Speaker 2: Is that a real place? She sent me stock calm? Look, yeah, please just called shit shit senders dot com because I thought she must have been joking, Like I've seen the clip going around. I love how she's like, he'll never watch this. I'm like, he won't have a chance because this has been broadcast on like every single social media platform probably knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone sent him a bag of shit.
Speaker 2: But gorilla shit is so specific.
Speaker 1: Is it big or stinky?
Speaker 2: I think it would be. I can't save ever is it real?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh my god, that one isn't but okay, okay. There is Poopsenters dot com, shit express dot com. Then there's a Reddit thread. Somebody keeps she somebody keeps sending me shit literally literal shit from poop centers dot com and I don't and I don't know who it is. And it's been consecutive for the fourth time, and I want to sue her harassment. Yet the policy of the company keeps the center anonymous. I know you may laugh at my case, but I've been getting shit literal sheit sent to me.
Speaker 2: That is actually so upsetting I would die, But it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I need to find out how much this. Yeah, I think that the regular folk can do all.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would have put on the company card, like who do we hate? I can think of so many celebrities.
Speaker 1: A simple way to send a piece of shit around the world.
Speaker 2: I love that there's a market for this. How good is that order?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Does it? Can you actually order gorilla shit? Or is that off the market? Now?
Speaker 1: Animal? Okay? I can choose an elephant or ele ow.
Speaker 2: I feel like elephant, right, Elephant.
Speaker 1: Shit would be huge. I think cows and also like, but cow you could kind of get yourself.
Speaker 2: Elephant should have be much harder.
Speaker 1: You've gotta scoop it up, put it in a bag, then take it to the PI.
Speaker 2: I feel like at least that's attainable, like you, I mean not in Sydney, but like right, like from my hometown, there's cows and fields around. So an elephant you'd have to hop the fence at Tronkazoo. Okay, okay, is it reasonably priced?
Speaker 1: No, this is a different website with actual prices. Percenters dot com, the one that the surf from Reddit was upset about. Cow jung so for a court seventeen ninety five.
Speaker 2: That's so reasonable.
Speaker 1: Elephants crap a court eighteen ninety five. Gorilla pooh twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she didn't even break the budget to send that.
Speaker 1: She really there's a combo pack. You can send a pack for ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like she went for the megapack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's all three.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's beautiful, Gorilla.
Speaker 1: It's like gettingn Elephant Cow.
Speaker 2: It's like a fild where you order the sliders and you can get a different burger for each one. It's like, fum, wow, I really thought she was lying. I'm sorry to Coda Johnson. I thought you were lying about saying the shit, but you weren't. And now you've also opened up this world to us.
Speaker 1: And we have now given any spiller looking for a yes, quite an affordable way to do it.
Speaker 2: And affordable revenge is really what I'm looking for exactly, and also low stakes because like there's so many people I want it to take.
Speaker 1: Is that a really harassment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I think yes, if you keep doing it and if you're saying there threatening missage. But there's so many people I'd love to take revenge against. But I'm so lazy.
Speaker 1: I'm way too lazy.
Speaker 2: Oh I know that what I mean, Like I think about it, but then I'm like, oh, I have to go do this, like I have to. I can't even go to the post office. I can't do revenge. But that's so easy, so easy.
Speaker 1: Another one that I did have someone do for me as a joke, Yeah, revenge, but was like you send like a thing and like just a bunch of glitter dicks arrives. Oh, and you open it and it just explodes.
Speaker 2: That's kind of festive though if someone sent me that, though, I wouldn't think it's annoying to clean up glitter. But I also think if someone sent me that, I'd be like, oh, I was wasteful.
Speaker 1: At least who isn't wasted?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could probably garden there. So she said that to distruct us, which it absolutely did.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, oh my god. Why did she say these quirky, weird things.
Speaker 2: It's so we dedicated ten minute ten where.
Speaker 1: We start googling how to send someone shit.
Speaker 2: She's a clever girl, so she's I think she's been putting that out there because it must be really if what we think is true, and that they are going through this really intense breakup after being together for eight years, after like you know, according to Goneth Paltrow, her kids see her as another mother and they are breaking up. Yeah, as another mother and then they are breaking up. That would be really intense. But the intensity would be so heightened if you're then on oppress to have been asked.
Speaker 1: What people are going to ask, Yeah, but also.
Speaker 2: Being asked like some of the interviews I've seen two the more kind of focused ones are like, how do you know if you're in love? How do you know if you found the one? And that's why she and Pedro keep like doing these little cutesy answers.
Speaker 1: As a kid.
Speaker 2: Cokey cokey mm hmm, spelled the way the frog is spelled. Cokey see o q u I hyky cock. Yeah, my nickname is a little girl was cock fucking idiot? Oh my god. But really she's on a press too, talking about finding true love while she's potentially lost her true love.
Speaker 1: Oh that, Laura.
Speaker 2: You could not be these little celebs. I feel bad for them sometimes, so I do hope that one isn't true. I hope kay only do our truet as well. But that's the thing, like these.
Speaker 1: Stories just come to everyone could get a lot.
Speaker 2: But I also just sink these sometimes these stories blow up with such intensity and they have a lifespan of over a year, and they never come to for a and then after a while we get we just never talk about the fact that we were a pick, that this that these couples in our eyes were broken up for months and months and months and they're having another kid. The other sign that people think they're broken up just me is that Chris Martin's also been on tour recently and she hasn't been there, which when she's on a press to us. When she's on a press tour, she doesn't go to his shows. But as he was finishing one of his shows, he yelled out, this, don't forget to go and see like serious, we love you, we think love bless him.
Speaker 1: Why would that be a sign there, well, because he's never done that before.
Speaker 2: They don't reference each other in any way, So people are thinking, like, you could take it both ways. You could take it the way that they have seen the headlines, which of course you would even if you're not looking because like Dakoda especially doesn't have the social media, but your publishers would be telling you that. You would say like, oh, I'm going to say that to prove that we're still together. But that's so different to their usual playbook. What people think has happened is that they have broken up. And Chris Martin, very famously good friends with.
Speaker 3: His exes, consciously uncomord and he has said that as a whole of like we're almost like a message to her and her team and their family and stuff like we've broken up, but I'm still gonna speak well of you, and I'm going to tell this whole stadium of people to go and see your movie because I know that this is a huge week for you when you're doing promo and I want you.
Speaker 2: To see it. Either way.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Is very nice. Well, we'll see I I again. I don't know if they're broken up, but only time will tell. Until then, we have a great way to enact revenge on our enemies. And I feel like that's the takeaway from today.
Speaker 1: If you ever annoy me, expect to find a bag of shit at your door. So thanks so much for listening to the Spill today, and don't forget to follow us on TikTok. The Spill is produced by Manisha Is Warren with sound production by Tom Lyon Mom and Me and Studios are started with furniture from Fenton and Fenton. Visit Fenton Andfentin dot com dot au and Emma Laurel will be back in your podcast feeds at three pm tomorrow. Bye bye
Speaker 2: Ll Llo