Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mer podcast.
Speaker 2: Muma Me acknowledges the traditional owners of the land and waters.
Speaker 3: This podcast is recorded on religion.
Speaker 2: We often talk about the role it plays in a relationship to people coming from different backgrounds with different beliefs, but when you find the right person, differences in those systems don't mean a thing if you know you want to be together.
Speaker 1: I'd been brought up in an Anglican church, which is pretty traditional, but I'd never really continued that after I was a child, whereas he was still entrenched in that the Pentecostal side of church. He didn't want to have sex before we were married, and I suppose I thought, oh my gosh, this guy, he has such good values. I was willing to put up with that little bit of torture for the sake of the relationship going forward.
Speaker 2: So when a relationship starts and progress with that being the only difference you'd never expected to be something else entirely, that blows up your marriage and ultimately your life.
Speaker 1: He jumped in the car, and I had my baby in the back, and he pulled out a light globe which bit of blue tack at the top, and the straw and he even said to me, here, try some you'll feel heaps better. That made me realize that I could not have him around my children because he was not a safe person. There was no way I was going to let my babies be exposed or even near him in this state.
Speaker 2: I'm Georgia Love and this is everyone has an eggs. Come with me as we dive into a collection of unconventional stories about relationships past through the eyes and the hearts of the very people who lived them. The year was two thousand and nine, and a newly single, twenty five year old Leah realized the hustle and noise of big city life no longer felt like home. With a new job waiting in her heart. Set on a fresh start, she packed her bags and headed for a quite a corner of the country.
Speaker 1: I was really keen to move somewhere new, where there was a whole new pool of people that I could actually meet somebody, and I suppose down the track settled down. I wasn't really ready for children and marriage straight away, but I was very keen to get out there and start dating somebody on a regular basis. I moved into a house with some flatmates, so I could get out and meet more people, as I hadn't known anybody in town, and I had some really awesome flatmates I dated when I first moved here with a couple of guys, but nothing ever really evolved to anything more serious, and I got a bit frustrated and I was ready to move away. But just before I made that decision, I ended up meeting Kyle, and yeah, everything sort of changed from there. He had a cousin that was a friend with my flat mate, so that's how she met him, because she didn't know anybody in the town either. So the cousin said, how about you go out and catch up with these guys. They're about your age, they know all the people in town. Yeah, go out and meet some new people. So I'd moved out of the house into an unit closer to work, and they came and met up with my flatmate and myself. Him and his brother were there, and they were both lovely. His brother had a girlfriend, but Kyle was on his own and he came across to me at start really shy, but as the night progressed, like we got chatting, and of course the drinks were flowing, and as we went we got quite close. And you know, while I was out that night, there was actually a guy that I'd previously dated that saw me, and I just grabbed Kyle and hugged into him and just said, look, just go with this for the moment, to try and make this other guy jealous. And from there, I think that really helped speed things along. We ended up going back from the clubs and there was a whole heap of people staying at my house, so there was a lack of beds. There was a couch here and there, but he really wanted to come and crash in my bed with me. I was a bit like, oh, this is a bit weird, but I said, okay, if you leave the door open, that's fine. And that's where we had our first kiss. We were just probably lying there awkwardly for a while, and then yeah, things evolved and we had our first kiss. And I kept saying to him, We've got to be very quiet because everybody's sleeping right next door. And maybe he thought from that that I was a girl with some good morals and that probably didn't hurt.
Speaker 2: It didn't take long for them to officially start dating, and for Leah, things were looking up.
Speaker 1: Literally our first date ended up being a rock climbing session, so we ended up ab sailing off a cliff face. So that showed me the saut of guy. He was very outdoorsy, very into rock climbing and all that sort of stuff. So and of course I was like, I'm going to do this. It's not going to be a drama, and off we went. Me and my flatmate went as well, and we had to go at ab sailing and doing some rock climbing. It showed me he's willing to teach, and he was a really good teacher. He was really good at showing us how to use all the equipment, really patient, he yeah, just showed a great love for what he was doing as well then was really passionate about it. So I thought he was so hot. I really I was excited that, you know, somebody that hot actually was into me. I suppose I've never had a guy like that into me, so that was a bit unusual. I suppose I'm not a super confident people when it is going out there and asking somebody out, so I've always sort of taken a backstep to that. And yeah, just I suppose he was hot and he was lovely and I saw all these wonderful things that you know, he did. I knew he was somebody who had certain values. He was brought up Christian, and he had certain things that he had discus with me previously. So one of the big things was that he didn't want to have sex before we were married. And that was a big shock to me because previously that has never been an issue. And I suppose I thought, oh my gosh, this guy, he has such good values. I was willing to put up with that little bit of torture for the sake of the relationship going forward and move forward.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 1: He wasn't great at talking about feelings like many men, so I wasn't expecting anything too exciting and too major straight away. So we were just dating for a little while. And then at one point, I remember it was probably about two months into the relationship, and we'd just been to a wedding together one of his friends had gotten married, and he'd taken me along, and I remember lying there at night thinking gosh, like this is it. And I remember telling my flatmate as well previously that I think this is the dude, this is the one for me, because yeah, everything has been going so well, we've had amazing dates. We've been out kayaking and ab sailing and bushwalking and camping and doing all these amazing things. And that night after the wedding, I probably was a little bit drunk, actually, and I tried to start having the conversation and then I ended up in tears saying I love you, and I remember him saying back to me, of course I love you.
Speaker 3: So that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a different way of doing it, but yeah, he'd obviously felt the same way, but it was a matter of getting to that same point. Was a bit interesting.
Speaker 2: A year into their relationship, during a camping weekend, surrounded by the beauty of the great outdoors, Cale took the next step and popped the question.
Speaker 1: Somebody that comes from that sort of background, that is the next step. It's to get married. Yeah, so it wasn't very long. Everybody was super supportive. My mum and dad absolutely loved him. They got along really really well. I go along well with his family and his brother and his partner, so everybody was supportive. Everybody said, look, you guys have made for each other, like everything was going so well. There was no hesitation whatsoever. I was super stoked to be getting married and settling down. He gave me a ring that didn't have any stone in it. It was a platinum ring and he wanted me to come up with a design for the engagement ring, which I thought was the most amazing thing ever.
Speaker 2: There was no point beating around the bush part in the pun. Just eight months later, the wedding day was here.
Speaker 1: We had about one hundred and fifty people, their friends and family, plus his church community so they came to just watch the ceremony and it was just incredible having people travel from all over Australia to come and watch it. He also had some family come from overseas, and it was just amazing how many friends he has, Like he had so many friends, he was so well respected that all these people were there to support us, and it was just an awesome wedding. It wasn't extravagant or expensive, but it was just everybody there that we loved together one spot. The whole day was just incredible and it was pretty much how I had visaged a wedding, and I even wore my mum's wedding dress that got altered and it was great. We had it in a big farmyard barn with a big fire. It was just, yeah, it was stunning. Everybody kept joking because my family and friends knew that we weren't having sex, and that that was something that I had been patiently waiting for for a long time. I knew there'd be no worries because pretty much everything had happened but that and yeah, so they kept joking, and of course I was super excited for the end of the night, so they'd go back and yeah, actually have some fun.
Speaker 2: But it didn't take long for the fun to turn to business, the business of baby making.
Speaker 1: We'd both spoken previously about how many kids we want, you know, what we want to see in the future, so we were both on the same page. He'd come from a family of two children and I had come from a family of two, so we were both pretty much on the same page. That was what we wanted, and yeah, we wanted to live in the country, out in the bush and raise our kids in nature. After we got married, we actually decided to book a trip to Kokoda and walk the Kokoda Track, and we did that with his family and one of my friends, and during that trip we decided that was it. We're going to stop using contraception that we were going to just see what happens. And not long after that trip, we'd bought a property outside of town on some acreage, so we had all this land and we had the bush that we wanted, and it wasn't long after that that we fell pregnant with our first child. I loved being pregnant. I wasn't too crook. I was very lucky. I loved the belly. He loved the belly. He thought a pregnant woman is the most beautiful thing in the world. So he was just overjoyed to be becoming a parent and that was a really nice time. He did work away a lot, so you know, I'd FaceTime him and send videos. But yeah, he was super excited, like everybody else was. This was the first grandchild on both sides of the family, and everybody was just super keen to meet this. Literally, we had a great relationship. Everything was going really smoothly. He was working a lot. He also started a side business with one of his hobbies, like doing survival things. He was into that, and he was really excited to be bringing a child into the world and just couldn't wait. And I was the same. It was really exciting, and I'd never been super maternal or super clucky, but this time I was ready. I think because I was thirty and I was ready, and about twelve hours of decent active labor, we had our first child. It was horrible, this little bean that came out and he had a massive spot on his cheek. It was a massive little mole on his cheek. But I didn't care. I thought that was he was the most beautiful thing ever. And Kyle was exactly the same. He was just besotted with him. Yeah, we absolutely loved it. Having this newborn and taking him home was just like, Wow, we're allowed to take this child home. That's incredible. He was just loving giving him cuddles and being as involved as possible while he was home before he had to go away for work. I had my mom and my dad staying up there on the property as well, so we had that extra help. He wasn't the easiest baby in the world. Let's just say that he had a lot of issues happening, and as a first time mum, I didn't really understand. I suppose what wasn't normal and what was normal. We had a lot of issues with feeding. We thought it was reflux and all that sort of colic or whatever they call it. He did cry a lot. He wouldn't sleep much, he would cry all night, and we just thought that's part of the normal parenting journey. Everybody has these dramas. It's just a matter of getting through and you know, putting up with this newborn time. We did struggle a lot with I suppose lack of sleep, and I got quite resentful and frustrated because I'd be doing all the feedings and the night stuff. Because I understood that he had to work a risky job, so I didn't want him to be tied off going to work. So a lot of the work did end up falling back on me. I had my mum there to support as well, but I was very reluctant to let her take the baby away to then feed him. You know, I wanted to make sure that I was there for everything. That first mum guilt, I think it's always ever present. As time went on and we found out that there was more issues and more issues evolving from this little bub that he wasn't developing as a normal baby would, that's when things started to get more and more difficult in the relationship. There's more stress and pressure put on everybody. He was the most gorgeous little baby, really happy, but you know, just would be crying and very hot. A lot a lot of work, We had a lot of appointments, and I suppose one of the big issues with having a child that isn't developing as a normal child is the denial. I think, especially from Kyle. He didn't believe that there was anything wrong. He would eventually get there, it might just be a bit slower. My mum used to work with a lot of people disabilities, and I knew lots of people with disabilities, so it wasn't strange to me, and I always thought, well, if I have a child like that, it's not going to be the end of the world. But I suppose Kyle came from a background where it was very much hasn't been exposed to that doesn't understand that world. So having that new child looking very differently to what he expected was probably something quite confronting and scary for him. He really struggled, I think, to accept that side of it. He absolutely loved him and absolutely it was an amazing father, but there was, yeah, that denial, and from his family as well. They were very much in the point of view that we could pray and that would help fix this child. You know that he was broken, and that the Lord would be able to help him talk or to help him walk or anything like that. This was very difficult to sort of reconcile that they didn't understand or they had that massive denial towards him. And I suppose I saw him as Yep, he has challenges, he has different things happening, but he's still him. He's our little man. He's an amazing little dude, and he brought joy to absolutely everybody he met. And I suppose I didn't see the need to fix him so much. I knew that we'd have to work on a lot of things and it'd be a tough journey, but he is who he is. And I suppose I had a lot more realistic views and that was very difficult. And as time progressed, Kyle really stepped back from that parenting journey because as he got older. I suppose usually dads find it easier as the kids get older, they can actually relate to their children, But this was the opposite. He found it harder and harder because the Bubba or now a toddler wouldn't do anything that he wanted to do. So Kyle wanted to be outdoors and making fires and playing with rocks, whereas our son he was just not interested in that whatsoever, and there was that lack of connection there.
Speaker 2: I think it was an incredibly tough time, but Lea and I had always been a rock solid unit. Despite the fact their belief systems were at longerheads at times, they'd always found a way to talk through their issues and work out what was best for their family.
Speaker 1: We would have arguments around beliefs, I suppose in terms of him and his family being very religious and very probably to more the right wing extreme side of it, whereas my family is more left and I was more open to you know, homosexuality and climate change, whereas they didn't agree with a lot of that stuff and were into conspiracy. So I suppose I really struggled with that side and with his support of his parents, and they always had those very strong views which I did struggle a fair bit to assimilate too. I also attended church and really tried to fit into that church community, but I suppose I always felt like a bit of a fraud, like I was there trying to believe it and trying to really accept it. But I suppose in the back of my mind I was always very down full around all of that. I've been brought up in an Anglican church, which is pretty traditional, but I'd never really continued that after I was a child, whereas he was still entrenched in that the Pentecostal side of church, so they were very involved in the church his family, and I suppose I accepted it because I understood where they were coming from. But I just sort of, yeah, I would just put up with it. I would push those feelings down and just be like, I'm not going to make waves. I'm not into confrontations, so you know, I'll go along with the with the conversations they're having, but I still have my own beliefs and values. So I suppose we did clash a lot on those certain things. It was often easier to put those conversations to the side rather than keep pushing them because other things in the relationship were great. We both had great jobs, we both had the same goals, we got along really well, all our friends were really great, so we really didn't have other big issues. And I understood that everybody has their issues in a relationship, you know, and there's often lots of times that people from different faiths or religions end up staying together and making it work. So I thought, well, maybe, you know, this is just one of those things that we have to have to work with. Another big issue in our parenting journey was the fact that I was very much the belief that vaccines have a place and that they are needed to assist with herd immunity, pretty much a science based approach, whereas Kyle was very much from that Pentecostal religious side, where a lot of them, not all, but a lot of them have that view of that vaccines mandated by government and that government can't be trusted, so a lot of those conspiracy theories and that vaccines are bad. So we had a lot of discussions around that, but at the time, Kyle trusted me to make those decisions, and I was quite happy that we'd had the discussions, and I knew where he sat, but he was always sort of willing to go with what I ultimately decided in terms of the parenting role. It was always a bit of a struggle, and it did create a lot of difficult discussions in the relationship around those different beliefs sort of impacting on big decisions in life, like schooling and medical decisions. There's a lot of things that you don't realize where you've really got to align, and they are massive life decisions. He made me feel that I was lucky that he was willing to let me make those decisions. We had the discussions, and he might not have been one hundred percent comfortable, but he wasn't as extreme as his parents, or he wasn't as extreme as other people at that point.
Speaker 2: So with his son's well being the ultimate priority, LEAD took charge.
Speaker 1: I just got on with parenting and just continued to do what I needed to do. I went to all the appointments, and I listened to the doctors. I did all the things. Whereas as Kyle would be more on the side of, oh no, he's going to walk, he's going to talk like that's not a problem, and he wasn't as involved in the appointments or all that side of things, and he did work a lot, so I wasn't putting pressure on him to attend everything. But everything fell to me, and ultimately, yeah, he pretty much stepped aside and just let me handle parenting and being a mum. This made a lot of resentment grow in the relationship. I got really sick and tired of doing the bulk of everything. So I'd be getting up in the morning after having minimal sleep, and then he would be sitting on the toilet like every man for about forty minutes, avoiding any responsibility until it was his time to go off to work. So I literally got no help in the morning. And I ended up going back to work after about ten months, and I was working about four days a week, and I really struggled. I was tired, exhausted. I had to drive about forty minutes in the country to get to where I was, so at some points I was super tired, Like I remember thinking this is bordering on dangerous in terms of driving. And then I pretty much had a bit of a breakdown. And after about eighteen months of looking after this Bubba, who absolutely adored, but I was diagnosed with post natal depression. Trying to fit everything in. After I got diagnosed and the doctors recommended that I go on antidepressants, that was a big issue. He didn't want me to go on antidepressants because that was something that, you know, I could just tough it out. It was something that you know, you just work through. You don't need that assistance. And he didn't agree with me going on antidepressants whatsoever. So I held off on doing that for a little while, probably a few weeks. But in the end I had very strong support from my mum, who has a mental health journey herself, and from friends, and they said, no, you've got to go onto these antidepressants just to get you through. I think that really put a lot of pressure on more in terms of creating that bigger wedge between us in terms of our medical views. That he didn't agree with it, but he wasn't going to stop me from doing what I had to do. From that point, everything sort of settled down a fair bit. I went back to work just three days a week, which was more achievable he was working away, and I managed to get our son into daycare, so that took the pressure off a lot, and everything sort of went back to normal for a fair while.
Speaker 2: And wild things were feeling normal again. There was no better time to go on a little getaway and spend some much needed quality time together alone.
Speaker 1: We were really lucky that Nana decided to take a little man for a few nights, and I was so excited. I was like, this is amazing. We're going to go and stay in an airbnb and a beautiful little country town and have some great adult time and just not have to deal with crying baby at night. So I was super excited. And on the trip to the airbnb, which was a few hours away, I had a headache. I don't drink enough water, so I just had a mic starting to get a migraine. So I thought I'll pop a couple of panadines. Because back in the day, that's when codine was not you didn't have to get it prescribed by the doctor, so everybody could get some panadine. And when I said, oh, look, I've just got to pop a couple of panadine because I've got a headache, Kyle said to me, oh, can you just chuck me one as well? And I said to him, I was just astounded because I was like, why, you don't have a headache and he was like, no, no, no, just give me one. It's fine, And so that really sent some alarm bells off. I was like, what is going on? And then we had a blown out argument on the way to this romantic getaway about the fact that he just does this every now and then because it makes him feel nice and gives him a slight buzz, and I was like, I'm not going to be giving you panadine. This is a problem, Like this is not normal. And by the time we got to the accommodation things had settled down. We'd had a bit more of a chat about it, and he was like, look, I'm not going to keep doing this. Obviously you don't agree with it, so I'm going to stop that. And I was under the impression that he was going to stop it.
Speaker 2: Lea didn't love this at all, but she knew Kyle liked to have fun, and importantly, he knew how to control himself, so there wasn't anything to worry about.
Speaker 1: Kyle was always like to drink and he'd always finished the first two drinks very quickly. He was a regular drinker, and he'd just have a few after work generally, but as time went on that grew and grew to like sayb three to four to two a six pack, so then he could fall asleep at night, which was quite frustrating. But he also in his younger years had also dabbled with recreational drugs like speed, and that was just something that I knew was in his past. You know, lots of people do that. It's just something you do when you're a teenager and you're rebelling, as he would have in the household. In school that he went to, it was very strict religious, so that was not something that really concerned me. Yeah, So the drinking, as drinking is pretty socially accepted. He would drink a lot at parties too, but he would never really seem affected. He was really good at holding his drink. He would never get violent. He just had a great time. Those alarm bells around the fact that he was using codeine. I was just, I suppose in a way, I was super alarmed, But then I also just pushed it to the back of my mind, like we dealt with it at that time, and we didn't really need to keep bringing it up. He said he was going to fix the problem, so I had no reason not to believe it.
Speaker 2: After a brief escape from everyday life, reality came rushing back. Lea dived once again into the search for a clear diagnosis for their son, while Kyle's mind was occupied with something else.
Speaker 1: Altogether, we were struggling to get a diagnosis for him. We didn't know what was going on. None of the doctors were helpful. We were having troubles with seizures. He only walked when he was two, so we were struggling with getting him walking and moving around. He wasn't talking. So there was all this stuff going on that I was so invested in and concentrating on that I suppose I didn't really see a lot of what Kyle was up to. He was doing his own thing. He was working a lot. He started his own little business, so that was going really well, and he would always be, Oh, I've got to work, I've got to work. So he wasn't in helping me. The main thing he wanted to be was a really good provider for the family, not only just in terms of monetary provision. He really wanted to be able to if the world ended, as the Bible says it will eventually. When that happens, he wanted to have us ready to go. You know, we could make our own fire, we could collect our own water, we could make our own tools. He was into gardening, so he really wanted to grow all these vegetables and make sure that we were self sufficient. That was his way of providing for the family. This really annoyed me sometimes, Like I loved the fact that he was trying to do these things, but it was always to the extreme. He would pick everything to the extreme. He would go down a rabbit hole of how to make stone tools for so long, and then he'd move on to the next topic, so then he'd be going into the how to filter water or how to make rope from scratch. So there'd be all these different things. And I liked the fact that he had such a wonderful hobby that was a positive hobby, but at the same time, it really took away so much time from our family and concentration, and that's all he wanted to talk about. So I got very frustrated a lot of the time about these things and just said, look, I don't need this to be provided. I need come and stability. It was always something that was always there, just chipping away a little bit all the time.
Speaker 2: Despite all this, breakthrough finally presented itself, as did another life changing decision.
Speaker 1: We had finally got the diagnosis for the other child, and we decided since there was no red flags. He had a red genetic condition, but that wasn't going to be passed down to their next child because it wasn't passed on from us. So we decided, let's go again. We fell pregnant really really quickly, and yeah, that was great. We were at a good point when we fell pregnant. And yeah, he was again super excited to have a child. There was going to be a big age gap about five years between the two kids, so that at least our other child would be close to going to school, so we'd have a bit more ability to have a baby around. And yeah, like I was excited. I was a little bit nauseous at the start of this one, which was a bit worse than the last pregnancy. But yeah, again, I love being pregnant. I loved having the belly and that was really exciting time of the life of our life. When I was pregnant with my second child. We decided to go again, and you know, everything was quite good, apart from those few little hiccups. He had invited his cousin to come and stay with us because he needed somewhere to live, and they were really close and had spent a lot of time in childhood together, and his cousin was, you know, a lovely guy. I really supported him. He had a lot of health issues. He was unemployed, so and he wanted to come out and help with the property. So I thought, this is fair. We've got a donga that you can stay in. It's all a non issue. So he came out, and then there'd be a night here and there that they would go off and they would have these spiritual experiences, which they tried to sell to me that it was them talking to God and having an actual experience with angels and demons. And I was just so tired and I said to them, look what is going on, Like this is crazy. And in the middle of it, there was no sense being spoken. They were clearly in another world literally, So I would just try and ignore it go to sleep, but I was so angry, like this was just ridiculous. And in the morning he would usually come and say, look, I yeah we did speed last night and say I'm sorry, like this is what happened. And I felt like he always owned up to what he was doing, so I didn't feel like there was deception, and that's maybe why I thought that, you know, he was doing the things. He was saying. He was, you know, just here and there, just having a little bit of speed, like once every few months, and just to enjoy his time with his mates and have those spiritual experiences. And I was trying to support his spirituality as well and not just be like the not understanding. I always try to be understanding and empathetic. But yeah, I probably took it a little bit too far. The second pregnancy flew by really really quickly, so I went into labor naturally. With this birth, my waters broke at home and I was like, this is super exciting. I'm going to be on t I don't need to be induced. This is amazing. Kyle was meant to go and do some work that day, but he managed to call up cancel it. All good done, and we needed two cars in town for some reason. I'd drive my car down Snana's house and drop off our child, and then from there I would go straight to the hospital and he would come and follow behind because he had a few jobs to do before he left. And I said, that's fine, I'll meet you at the hospital. You come when you're ready, and yep. Off. I went got to the hospital, settled in, started having mild contractions and everything was going well, and he rocked up about an hour and a half later, and yeah, from there things got weird. So the whole way through the labor, he was acting super strange. He was comparing to how life was like creating a fire, how a woman and a man, how they make the babies, like make fire with sticks, and comparing it to natural things. And he was just very strange, and I suppose I was in labor, so I was sort of trying not to concentrate on him, like he wasn't my biggest worry at that time. He was very also very paranoid around people coming into the room and who they were, and he was very paranoid over the doctor's advice. He was causing me so much drama. He didn't want me to have any drugs. And I had been in labor for about about ten hours, and normally with your second child, it comes and happens pretty quickly and straightforward. But after ten hours nothing was really happening. Everything had slowed down, and at that point I was like, I'm done, I'm ready for an epidural. And he did not want me to have an epidural. He said, no, if you listen to me, We're going to get this baby out in the next half an hour. And so I remember thinking, oh my gosh, get him out. I just wanted the nurse to take him out, but I couldn't put it into words, and she was The nurses were great, but they didn't understand what was going on, and they didn't understand how frustrated I was. And the doctor came in and he said, look, you've got this thing called a bandal's ring, which is where the baby gets stuck in your uterus, and we're going to have to do an emergency caesar. And by that time I was like, yep, do it. I don't care. I just want this baby born. The epidural was the most wonderful thing I'd ever had. I wanted to kiss the anethesis and he was super grumpy because he didn't want this to happen, and he decided he kept saying to me, if you listen to me, we'll get this baby out. You don't need to listen to the doctors. So I just remember get him out of the room. I was so angry. I even tried. I think I physically tried to push him away from me. A couple of times, and in the end the doctors took us off. He had no choice. We had to go and get the emergency caesar. Yeah, that all happened. That was all fine. We had it. We met our baby and he was just beautiful. I remember lying there thinking, this is just great. But everything that had happened throughout the whole labor I had completely forgotten about, and you know, I had to get stitched up and everything. So he was off looking after baby, and that I suppose gave me a bit of a break from the crazy after that long day and probably having the emergency birth happened at about ten pm, went back to the rooms and I remember saying to him, Okay, look, it's good. We'll tell everybody that he's been born. You head home, like you can head home because the fathers aren't meant to stay in the hospital. And he was like, nah, no, no, I'm not going anywhere. I said, well, you're not allowed to stay here. We asked the nurse and she said no, no, you can't sleep in here, like it's just protocol. So he was like, oh, I'll just sleep in my car. So he decided to instead of going to a friend's house that was just around the corner. He wanted to go and sleep in the car, and he did this for about three nights in a row that we were in the hole hospital. He decided to keep going and sleeping out in the car during the day. We're in private hospital, so we got a bit longer. And they understood that I had a child with a disability at home, so I think that's why they gave me a little bit longer. We had about five days. He would come in and he would just sleep. Kyle would just lie and sleep with the baby all day. But then if somebody wanted to come in, and because it was a Catholic hospital, he was so wary of the nurses or anybody coming in. And we had a one of the I suppose the guidance offices come in from the Catholic Church to give us a little token of congratulations on your baby being born. And he wanted me to throw this little token away because he thought it was evil. That was another thing, and there was just the paranoia. We couldn't decide on a name, so I remember him staring at the ceiling and asking for God to give him a sign of what the name was, and I remember him saying, can't you see it? Can't you see the name? And I was like nah, And so I ended up coming up with the name. But in the end, it was just it was all so strange, and I was crying every day because he was just doing my head in but I didn't understand why, and I think he was very good at making me feel like I was in the wrong. I was the one who didn't believe enough in God, and I didn't believe enough in all the Catholics wanting to come in and give us tokens of the evil God. So yeah, there was all this happening.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We had lots of visitors coming as always. His family always wanted to come in and see the baby, which was good but frustrating because it was just not a great time and he would put on a good act for them, but then go back to sleep once they went. It wasn't until my friend Shelley came in. She was a neonatal nurse and so had a lot of experience in this area and had seen all sorts of crazy things as she worked in the public system, and she was great to see. She came back out and I remember a few days after I got home from the hospital, she said to me, what's wrong with Kyle, And I said, yeah, I don't know. He's just acting really weird. I don't know what's going on. And she said to me, I think he's on something, and that finally made it click for me, and I said to her, Oh, he's had this problem with codine in the past, maybe he's back on that. And she just nodded and said, yeah, I would ask him. I would have a chat with him about that. So that gave me food for thought. In that moment, everything sort of made sense. The sleeping all day, the weird paranoia, trying to make decisions for me over a doctor, all those things. It sort of was like, Oh, maybe this is why he's acting weird. He's not normally like this. So it really dropped a bomb on me, and it scared me a lot, but it also gave me a reason and it made me feel less crazy because I was made to feel like the crazy one that whole time. I felt like I wasn't being supportive enough of him and his beliefs and his God. And it was weird because it made me feel good, but it also made me feel like crap, because I had to then battle with this problem potentially.
Speaker 2: With the newborn and with Kyle acting increasingly off. Leah planned to spend the first week out of hospital in familiar and comfortable surroundings.
Speaker 1: I ended up moving into my dad's house because I had to be in town and be closer to everything because I'd had a caesar so I couldn't drive, so I decided to stay at my dad's house. And he was still staying at home with our other child. And this was probably about a week after I'd given birth, and we'd also been having trouble with our second child having tongue ties. But apart from that, he was perfect. I was amazed by how well a baby can actually sleep, and so I was like, oh my gosh, this is what it's like to have a quote normal baby. And so I was just getting along with things again. But he came in one day and I thought this is the perfect time. My dad wasn't home. I said to him, what is going on? What happened in hospital? What are you taking? Are you on anything? And he sat there and I could see his mind ticking over. He was thinking do I actually tell her or do I just but he decided. He said, yeah, I'm on something and I said, oh, is it codeine? And he was like, nah, nah, it's actually I'm on ice. That blew my world apart. I'd never realized how serious this had gone, it would gone to the next level. Everything started to fall into place. I was like, oh, that's what you were doing with your cousin. Your cousin used to make that back in the day. Clearly, you guys have got your hands on it. So even though how much I hated it, everything started to make sense. I stayed at my dad's for longer because I decided I needed a break. At that point, I wanted him gone, I wanted him out. I just thought, at that point, he will stop taking this. Now. We know that's it. He's going to come off it. We know he's going to go and get help. And you know, I've got all this support. He's got all this support, he'll be able to fix himself up. And I thought, oh, give it a couple of weeks and he'll get himself good. So at that point I didn't know exactly how long he'd been doing it for, but I know on the day that I gave birth, he had done ice that morning before he left to come and see me at the hospital, and he told me that, and I think he obviously played it down because I wanted him out to go and get himself sorted. But I didn't see this as a risk to our relationship. I thought, this is just this is just one of those issues. I knew his dad had had addictive problems back in the past, and you know, I've seen it in families, and I knew that people can get over their addictions. So I'd put these rose colored glasses on that he's going to get himself sorted. He he's an amazing dad, He's got an amazing job. Like people like this, they don't they don't turn to drugs like these people don't end up being drug addicts to the rest of their lives. It's just a little bit of an issue we're going through right now, and we're going to get it sorted. So I stayed at my dad's for the next four or so weeks for a few reasons, to be closer to everybody, and the fact that I couldn't drive, so I wanted to be in town. I also wanted to have that distance and to make sure that I could get some rest and be closely supported as well by family, and then yeah, like just have that a bit of a separation for a little while, Like it wasn't official, Like, just have a bit of a break from him and his drama for a few weeks while he got himself sorted over that time, I believe that he'd got himself off it. He'd continued to drink, like that was just a thing he did, but he seemed to get back on track. He was starting to act normally again. There was no issues with work. Yeah, he'd said he's not taking it and I'd ask him, and he'd always get so angry if I'd ask him about it, because that's something just believe me. Why don't you believe me? That was a big thing. It's always like my fault if I don't believe him, because you know, why wouldn't you Why wouldn't you believe me? Because I'm telling you this, this is how it is. I'm the man, you're the woman. And that was another thing. He'd always have this thing about, I'm the head of the house, so I make decisions with you, but ultimately, I'm going to sail this ship.
Speaker 2: And this is what's happening, So Lee decided to believe him and they gave it another shot.
Speaker 1: So he got his act together for a little while, and we decided to move into a house in a town that was a bit closer to the main, bigger town, away from the farm, and we'd still keep the farm area for his business that he'd set up. And that was a really good move for me, as in we'd be closer to the help I needed and closer to his family, and the house was his grandma's old house so that we could move in there and not pay any rent. So yeah, so that was all going really well. But then COVID happened, and he'd actually so he'd had all this excitement happening and bubbling away. He'd been doing all these amazing things with his business, and he'd been now working full time on this business, and he'd had all these opportunities to go overseas and actually film a show overseas. He was ready to pack and get ready to head overseas to shoot this new show that was happening, and that was just keeping him alive. He was so excited. He was doing really well. And yeah, then COVID hit and so we called up defat to check to see what was going on because of COVID and the restrictions that were starting to pile on from different countries. Because we had a return ticket booked, he was going to be able to get in, stay there for a couple of months, and then come back, and they said to us, do not go. You will not be getting back. So in a snap, like it was, within a couple of days, he had had to cancel that, cancel the show, cancel all these plans that he had going forward to move his next step in his career. And we were restricted. We couldn't go and do the business stuff that we'd been doing previously. And yes, so we ended up just being stuck at home together like the rest of the world. So I had a say, a four month old and a four and a half year old with me at that point, and so we were hunkered down like everybody else. And he decided he was going to garden his butt off. He went nuts with the gardening because that was the way he was going to provide for our family. He was going to plant all the veggies and make sure that we had a solid food supply going forward, especially when the world ended and As COVID went on and things got harder and harder, he gardened more and more, and he had lots of more and more in depth religious conversations with his friends and family, and started that paranoia started to build up again. After I suppose the worst of it passed and we decided to purchase a van for our business, and so we went away and we had to also pick up the van, and we also had to go and get an EEG for our son, our oldest son, who had all these problems, and we thought all make it into one trip. But I remember driving back he pretty much slept the whole time and was going back into that pattern of sleeping all the time, being paranoid, having these weird, long religious conversations with his family, and just doing my head in in terms of wanting to provide for the family and make sure that we had food when the world ended. So at that point I'd gone back to his mum and dad had said, look, I think this is happening again, and they didn't believe me. That was another thing is that his family was always in denial around it, and they thought, oh no, this is just a little issue, a bump, that's happened, and we're going to get over this. It's not a biggie. So an incident happened one afternoon, and I knew I had to go back and ask him about what he has been doing in terms of his drug use, because all the signs were leading back to that addiction pattern. And his mum came over and I remember sitting there on the couch with him, saying, what is going on? Are you taking drugs again? And he was like, I'm not on anything, nothing's going on, blah blah blah, and he just stood up and stormed out of the house. And I knew at that point that it was happening, and his mum's sat there and yep. I was just yeah, okay, this is happening again. But we'll be able to get over it. Yep, we'll be able to deal with this. His family were very of the mindset that we're going to get him into rehab. We're going to be able to deal with this. This is not an issue that's going to blow our lives up or anything. It's just something we have to deal with. They were ringing rehabs, they were ringing the family Support Service, all those different things to make sure that he could get the help he needed. But you know, it took a lot of time for him to actually then admit he actually needed that help. And so that afternoon I kicked him out of the house and said, you need to go and stay with your mum and dad because you're not welcome here. It was absolutely horrible. I hated it, but I suppose I'd been through these conversations before and I was just done at this point. One thing that kept reoccurring is the more and more I moved on with all these dramas and hassles, I felt less and less invested, and I felt less upset as time went on, because even when we had arguments, if I wasn't super upset and super wanting to make it all better, I could tell that this was not going in a good direction. I just didn't care, and I knew I really wanted him to go to rehab. I thought, like them, oh, this would really really help. So about three months after this incident happened and I had to kick him out, they managed to finally get into a rehab and he had finally admitted that he was using again, and he decided, with the help of his mom and dad and his brother that he would go to a rehab and start the process of detoxing and getting well again. And his mom and dad actually even helped him detox And it's the worst thing I've ever seen a grown man squirming and groaning on the ground. And it's definitely taken a toll on his mum and dad. His dad's had a herd attack and lots of health problems, and that's probably exacerbated by the fact that they've had to go through trauma watching their own son virtually nearly dying from withdrawal of drugs and alcohol.
Speaker 2: With Kyle in rehab, there was hope he would get better, but that hope soon came crashing down. Right before he was due to come home.
Speaker 1: It was New Year's Eve, and I think a few of them from the rehabit decided to go out and party. So and it's a voluntary thing, you're not forced to be there in rehab. So they had left the rehab to go on news and then the rehab said Nope, you're not welcome back, and that was just devastating. Yeah, that was devastating because he had been calling me and I had been in contact with him during his stay in that rehab, and he rang me that night of New Year's Eve and I was alone with the kids, all on my own. I was already so depressed because I'm like, how this is not how I want to be spending New Year's Eve. But he was calling me and he was off his face, and I could tell that he was just making everything worse and worse. And I ended up having to hang up on him multiple times because he was just yeah, talking crazy things and still trying to you know, I love you. I'm going to come back. It's all going to be fine. So then he got kicked out, and I think I think his dad ended up driving down to get him and bring him back. And he's always been welcome at his mum and dad's house. He's got a spot there for him. Yeah, he's always had that place to go if he's really has nowhere else to go. So after our his first in in rehab, he moved back to his mum and dad's house, and he still had contact with the kids. He would try and come around and visit and make sure he caught up with them, and they would love seeing Dad. It was so exciting to have Dad back home but he would only just stay for a little amount of time, and I would often have Nana come around as well. The few times he did come around on his own, generally it ended in an argument. The first hour might go okay, but then after that it would end up into that paranoia, Oh you know, I'm just doing this, this is what I need to do. You know, you don't trust me, trying to make me feel like the bad guy of course for kicking him out. And in the end, yeah, he just went back to Mum and Dad's. And this pattern went on for about a year.
Speaker 2: Throughout this, Leah still tried to support her husband where she could.
Speaker 1: He'd called me and he was at the Pokey's and he wanted a lift home. So I thought, okay, I'll give him a lift home because I at that point still had a bit of hope for him. He jumped in the car and I had my baby in the back, and he pulled out a light globe which had had a bit of blue tack at the top and the straw, and he even said to me, here, try some you'll feel heats better. And he just about started to try smoking meth in the car with the baby in the back, and I just remember screaming at him get out of the car, and yeah, he left, and I just drove away, thinking, my goodness, this is really how bad it is. I'd never in my life seen a meth pipe or anything like that in real life, and it was the biggest shock that made me realize that I could not have him around my children because he was not a safe person. There was no way I was going to let my babies be exposed or even near him in this state. Probably about four months after his first rehab stint, and nothing had been changing. He was still living with his mum and dad. I decided to go and try to do a bit of counseling, not necessarily to save the relationship, but to just see if I'd done enough to try and fix the relationship and try, and I suppose get somebody else to have another set of eyes over what was going on. And that was great. The counselor there was absolutely amazing, And she said to me, she pulled me aside and said, look, Leah, I honestly recommend that you finish this relationship. This is not working. He's not to change. Please just look after yourself and separate and honestly, you'll do fine. In one way, it was super devastating to know that that was the end, But in another way I was super relieved because in a way, that gave me permission then to give up, to say enough is enough. I'm not going to be able to save this, and it gave me that line in the sand to end things. I knew it was over even before starting that counseling. I think I knew really after that night, that New Year's Eve night, when he was calling me and he was left rehab, I knew that if he wasn't willing to do this for his kids and his marriage, then nothing would make him do this. We couldn't make him do it. He had to want to do it for himself. And after that counseling and when the counselor said end it, I decided to try and make a time to meet up with him in person, and he just kept flaking on me. I said, meet me here, meet me there. I want to have a chat. I need to talk to you, And in the end he rang me and he said I'm not coming to catch up with you, and I said, well, I don't want to do this on the phone. But we are done. He said, I saw this coming. I knew this was going to happen, and I just didn't want to face it. He knew that I was done, and he was super upset. But I think at that point he knew that he had pushed me too far. He always would say, even when I caught up with him after this point in time, but you know, I always love you, know I always want to be with you. But I said, look, you know you're not changing, so I can't do it. And yeah, and I suppose he was also very angry at me as well. I think that it's just a thing that comes with addiction, is that everybody else is doing this to me. It's everybody else's fault. It's not my fault. This person has treated me like that. You know, this person's doing the wrong thing. The government's doing the wrong thing. He had every excuse in the world to why he was angry. But yeah, and even at me, Oh, she kicked me out, she's taken me away from seeing the kids, but not taking any accountability for his own actions. I was a mess during that time. I had a lot of support from my mum and dad, which was amazing, and they had only divorced about four years before that, so they had been through that and after forty two years of marriage, so I had their support. They were very angry at him. My dad was so angry at him that he couldn't see past the anger. He was so devastated, and because they had had such a good relationship with this man and he was now nothing that they could recognize. He was just a completely different person to this, you know, person that everybody looked up to and was such a great teacher and role model and you know, I was doing youth development courses and is now a drug addict. I always missed him because he was my person that I would go to for everything. I'd miss being able to call him for certain things, or we would have so much fun. We would just laugh and laugh, and we would play fight and we would, you know, just have the best time. And he was my person, Like he got me, even though he had very different values and beliefs, Like we had the same level of crazy in a way that he wasn't when he wasn't addicted. I could just one hundred percent be myself around him, and I think he was the same. He felt the same because he couldn't really be one hundred percent himself around his own family, whereas with me he could. It's like mourning the death of somebody that's still alive.
Speaker 2: Leah had never faced a tougher decision, yet, deep down she knew it was the right one. A new beginning lay ahead for her and her boys, but it wouldn't be an easy road.
Speaker 1: So few after the official separation, it gave me a lot of relief. I could just move on with my life. I could get things set up. In that time too, his mum and dad decided that I was no longer welcome in Grandma's house, that I wasn't paying grant him. I think they were angry because I was giving up on him. That's what they thought. We had a big, like a lot of big fights at that time that you're leaving him, you're giving up. You know, you're taking the children away from him, which I never did because I'd always let them visit Nana and Poppy and go and see them. But yeah, it was really hard because I was battling with them hating me, and then I was battling with him hating me. But then I was also able to get on with life and not have to worry so much about trying to rebuild this relationship that wasn't any hope of saving. He would still message me, and he would still try and contact me. I would try and send him photos, and he would also try and call the kids, but that was very sporadic. He would never do it on a regular basis. He would blame me for not calling him, even though, like he wouldn't answer his phone half the time. Sometimes we didn't know where he was. He would come and go. He would sometimes beat his mum and dad's house, and sometimes he wouldn't. So there's no reliability or regularity about what was going on. And I just had to make sure the kids had a stable life and that we could just keep doing what we needed to. So I moved back into the bigger town and ended up renting a unit really close to my dad's house and started to get in the mindset of we need to sell our property, the farm. And he was living there on his own, doing his own thing, and that was horrendous because the neighbors kept telling me that he was having these friends around, they were shooting at things, they were having parties. It was just an absolute shit show. Up there, so I was trying to deal with the neighbors and tell them, look, I'm trying to get him out. So down the track, he eventually did move out, and the house was just left in a bit of a disarray, and it was left to me to then paint everything, renovate, deal with furniture, and get it ready for sale. Once we did manage to sell it, that was a big relief that I could then sort of move on with my life and make sure we had everything in place to then have some stability going forward.
Speaker 2: Around this time, Kyle returned to rehab for a second attempt at recovery, but sadly, it didn't bring the results everyone had hoped for.
Speaker 1: So the second stint he had in rehab, that was the local rehab, he probably didn't last very long. It was probably about a few weeks in and he found apparently the love of his life in there, who already had about four children to four different fathers, and he then found out that he had potentially got her pregnant. So I remember him saying to me, I'm going to be such a great dad to this one. I'm going to really not make all the mistakes I made with my first two and he was so chuffed. And then a couple of weeks after that he had found out that that was not his baby. The more I saw him after his stints away from his mum and dad's house and coming back, every time I saw him he was more of a shell of a human being. And the more I realized that the man that I married was not in him. His brain was changing, his looks were changing, He'd become skinny. He couldn't make any sense of his thoughts or his feelings and emotions and would just it would take nothing to set him off. So really, I just slowly saw the man that I married die over a couple of years. Really, for a long time, I had the hope that he could get better, and I saw glimpses of that, but as time progressed, there was less and less of him there, and that reality really hit me that this man is disappearing slowly and sadly, and he won't come back. That man that I married has completely gone and he's a completely different person. Now. Last time I had contact with Kyle was when he was back at his mum and dad's house about seven months ago. He was staying there after being away for a long time. He had been living down south in a homeless community and continually taking drugs. So his dad had gone down there and got him, tried to rescue him, brought him back home, and we'd just made sure the kids could catch up with him every now and then if he was in the right state of mind, and the kids were very excited to see him, and you know, we managed that. And the last time I saw him, I remember he was in the back of the car trying to buckle in his son, and he kept checking the car seat because he didn't believe that I had the car seat buckled in right. He didn't trust me that I had that safely installed, and that I just remember getting so angry at him and telling him get out of the car because he wouldn't move and he wouldn't get out. And it's really sad that we haven't heard anything from him since that time for about seven months. Apparently he's still down there. He's still homeless, sometimes accessing mental health support, but we have only heard through some social workers down there. His parents haven't been able to make contact and see him. They are just honestly devastated, but they understand how bad his addiction is and that they can't save him. They have had done a lot of work themselves through Family Drug Support, which is an amazing organization supporting families through that process, and they are now the most amazing supports they I suppose seen how much of being put through. They just support me one hundred percent, even though we've got differing, differing values and different beliefs. They are the other parent that I've been missing. So yeah, so they helped me a lot with especially the one with the disability. They are amazing. And yeah, the other day we were at a family event and everybody was there except for him, And I get invited to his family events all the time because everybody is so supportive. And his dad was just so upset that he wasn't there because he was the only one missing. And he decided a few days later to try and go down there and find him, and he didn't manage to He managed to hear from the social workers, but yeah, that he didn't get to see him. Yeah, he's devastated. Also, his brother has given up on him. His brother doesn't even make an effort anymore to try and be in contact. He's just and they are now pregnant with a child, so he's going to be missing out on a nephew or a niece, and that's his only nephew on that side of the family. I suppose his survival skills have come in handy, but it's really sad to know this is not something that anybody would choose. This is something that is a disease, and I now understand that this is something that has taken away his family, his business, his success that he's had, the respect that he had from the community, his own family. Like in terms of his family, it's taken his health everything. He's just a shell of a human now. And honestly, which is the really sad thing is if I get a phone call from the police saying that he has passed away, I won't be surprised, but that would be an end to the pain that he must be feeling.
Speaker 2: While this whole situation had been complet de letely heartbreaking, Leah has found the strength to keep moving forward.
Speaker 1: I think about him, probably not as much as I used to, obviously, as time goes on, your heart heels, but I'm always going to miss that connection I had with him. I do think about him. I suppose every time I look at my oldest son, he's a spitting image of him. He's got the same body. He's a little mini Kyle. You know, he's good looking, he's tall, and the other one is a mini me. So he's got the white skin and the stumpy look. But yeah, but like even this morning, my youngest son said to me, Mum, I really miss Dad And all you can say is I know, buddy, it's it's a really hard hay. And I said, no, Dad's really really sick, and he said, yeah, yeah, I know. So yeah, that's really hard. I said to him, oh, do you think about Dad a lot? And he said, oh, not really, I think just maybe every now and then he probably gets reminded that Dad's not well, and he thinks Dad's trying to get a job so he can make enough money to get a train ticket to come back home. That's his belief. Whereas the other the older child, is a bit easier because he has an intellectually disability, so he I don't know what he understands, but he definitely lights up when he sees a picture of Dad. Since separation, really I knew I had to move on. I don't have a choice. I've got two kids that really need me, and luckily with NDIS, even though it has its faults, I have a huge amount of support in terms of cares and I have the best, amazing care a team. They're like second parents. I couldn't work without them. Now my youngest is in school. That makes life so much easier. So both kids are in school and I can actually work a really awesome job, and I love my work. I've tried dating. It's a minefield out there, especially the town we live in. It's always the same people on there. A lot of miners, a lot of farmers, a lot of those sorts of people, so it makes it really difficult to find the sort of person that I would have a connection with. I'm currently dating a bloke at the moment from Bumble, so it's very early days, but we'll see. I'm ready to try and get out there again after having numerous breaks off the apps. But yeah, hopefully this will go okay and we'll see where we go from here. I think after seeing my own parents separate and divorce and they're both repartnered and having great lives, I definitely believe it's out there. I'm probably a bit more realistic about life now and very fussy. I'm very fussy, and that's probably why I'm happy to stay single unless I find the absolute right to settle down with. And I'm not going to just pick anybody to be involved in my life, because they have to earn that, and especially to be involved with my two boys. There's nobody to blame for his addiction. I believe that addictions can run in families, and they can be caused by mental health conditions. It's not something that I blame him for. I feel sorry that he's had to battle it because it must be so hard. It must be absolutely horrible to go through that every day. I think it's really important for everybody to remember that it's not something that people choose, and that it is something that people battling. Addiction doesn't affect the person going through it. It affects the whole family and the community, and there is help out there, not only for the person going through it, but for everybody else. And I strongly encourage people to reach out and seek those supports because that's what's helped me and the family get through these really tough times. What I've learned from this whole experience is that I don't regret any of it. That I was where I was meant to be. I was meant to meet him, and we had the most amazing time when we were together and things were good. I don't regret my children. They are just fantastic. And I think this is just life. Life throws things at you and you just have to try and learn how to be resilient and move on and try and live your life. But that addiction is a disease, and that no matter how hard you push somebody, you can't make them do things they don't want to do. So I feel sad for his family and for him that it's ended up this way. And I suppose until the point where he's passed away that there is still hope. There's always hope. He probably won't be the person that I married. He never will, but there is hope that he could fix his life and then be able to be to see his own children and experience the good things down the track. I want other people to understand that it's okay to separate, like it's okay to end a relationship that's just a chapter of your life. You don't have to be with that person forever just because of your beliefs, and that's not a failure. That marriage is not a failure. That's just a chapter and now we're up to the next chapter, so it's not a failure. And that women are so resilient and amazing. Yeah, especially so mums with kids of disabilities. I have the most amazing network of mums who are single because the blokes can't handle it because it is just it's hard, and it's honestly yeah, but it's worth it. I'm super happy that my six year old is a normal little man. He's super talkative and he is like the big brother to the family. So we've got a really awesome little three person family and we have lots of fun. We're such a happy little family at this stage in life. I'm really blessed with all the support that I've got around me, and that I'm really looking forward to what the future holds as the boys grow older and become more and more independent and as life changes into the future. There's so much more exciting things to happen in our future. And this has just been one chapter of our book.
Speaker 3: Really, everyone has an eggs.
Speaker 2: He's a MINTI Media Production and proudly part of the Mum and me a Network. This episode is written and produced by Linda Scott. Interview conducted and episode narrated by me Georgia Love. If you have a story you'd like to share, email podcast at momameia dot com dot a. You You can support us by following the show in your favorite podcast app and leaving a five star review. We'll see you for the next episode.