Speaker 1: You're listening to Amma Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mamma Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and borders that this podcast is recorded on from Mamma Mia.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Spill, your daily pop culture fix.
Speaker 2: I'm in Vernon and.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I did that. I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I'm London. It is Ash London. Brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Ash, I think this is our last episode together.
Speaker 1: Stop her? Where is Laura? By the way, I never even asked.
Speaker 2: Holiday She's I've not heard the story.
Speaker 3: Now she's currently on a luxury cruise traveling around Europe. I'm living through her Instagram stories right now. She's just living her best life.
Speaker 1: What is she fifty? Who's gone from a europe cruise?
Speaker 3: I said the same thing, but then she showed me photos of this cruise and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. I'll stalk hero on the.
Speaker 3: She said that her cabin is bigger than some apartments she's lived in.
Speaker 2: What so she's now living a life. We're all very jealous.
Speaker 3: She's going to be back with us on Monday, and Ash, thank you so much for being here for these last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Fun times on the.
Speaker 3: Show today we are talking about our favorite Ozzie TV shows of all times. Plus we have really interesting weekend watches for you, one local, one international, and we've also snuck in a little extra one for you because we're both really obsessed with this one show.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure you'd know what it is.
Speaker 3: But first, logis are coming up.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: Well, it's really big here because we have a Mama Mia show strife.
Speaker 1: Of course, an article I wrote with viral and I'm just so overcome. It was about the end of my marriage and the trauma of women could not be happier.
Speaker 3: And I think mea Friedman is going to be attending the logi, so we're very excited over here. Plus we're also a newsroom, so we will be covering it. Have you been to the logis? I'm very jealous.
Speaker 1: Have I've been a couple of times actually, And as with all awards shows, it is very long. The best part of the logis is if you go to the bathroom right and then you can't get back in because they're filming, So then there's like celebrities pulling in the lobby. Most of them are like pretty drunk. If you're having to go to the bathroom, you've had a lot of alcohol. So then you get to have these like lobby hangs where everyone's a bit like loose and like the cameras aren't on them because they're in the lobby. The most part of the logos is hanging out in between the toilet brakes. But yeah, they totally use seat warmers. They these people lighting up all dressed up in like the sides of the room, and then when you go to the bathroom they take it like one in, one out, so they like come in and sit there for you. It's like, I thought that only happened in America. Then my first LOGI is too, I was like, oh, they have seat warmers, so fun.
Speaker 2: So fun.
Speaker 3: I want to know how to get that job as a seat warmer because I think I'd nail it.
Speaker 1: But you're too beautiful, and people would see you and they'll be like, oh, what does that model doing there on the BONDI I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm sure. Well that's good inside of knowledge.
Speaker 3: So when you go to Logis, if any of you or me are lucky enough to go, we know to hang out in the lobby because that's where all the shit happened.
Speaker 1: The lobby and also the artifies all the networks less so now because there's less money and run's broke. Any older days, everyone would have an afterpie.
Speaker 3: Back when it was at the Gold Coast. Now it's silly Sidney where everything's expensive.
Speaker 1: But there is some.
Speaker 3: Gold Logi drama, and apparently there is some Logi drama. There were like little fights happening I think on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Like proper fights or bit of bands, because I love a bit of bands, pretending that I.
Speaker 2: Think some bands. I think.
Speaker 3: Larry Emder, who is nominated for a Gold LOGI posted about it, and then Lynn man Granger wrote about kind of how she didn't feel like some people who were like the new and younger nominees Robert Erwin, who.
Speaker 1: Will probably win. Let's be honest, if.
Speaker 2: He wins, I feel like it's gonna go down with all of these.
Speaker 1: Much the logan should be happy if a young person wins, because the kind of people that vote for Gold logis love Robert Irwin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's so sweet, Lynn sweet.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but old mate Irwin has been on Telly for a bloody minute.
Speaker 2: No disrespect intended.
Speaker 1: Hashtag las for Gold Australia will vote for their favorite and if their favorite has just done one show with his life or the people have spoken Lynn seventy years like you.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 3: Julia Morris came in and was like everyone who's been nominated for Gold Logi, including herself. She's like yet list, She's like, everyone who's been nominated deserves to be nominated.
Speaker 2: It is so minuscule.
Speaker 3: But because it's like Australian TV and they made it this big thing, it's so funny to me.
Speaker 1: That's why it was so good when old mate Gleeson like, you know, a lot of people are offended by it, like I's have fun with it, and I think you have to do that, Like the world's going to shit, let's have some fun with the gold Logis and all just relaxing.
Speaker 2: Can LOGI I reckon Andy Lee might win.
Speaker 1: I hope. So I love Andy I pick it's his time.
Speaker 2: It's his time.
Speaker 3: I feel like it would be very difficult to be in a duo, like your whole career dependent on a duo.
Speaker 2: Let's just give him a gold give.
Speaker 1: Him as like he's fine without it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure he's doing all right. So we will be covering the Logis this Sunday. A few of the Mummame Entertainment team, like Ura Bodnik, will be there on the carpet.
Speaker 1: Coming back from a European river cruise for the logo.
Speaker 2: She's just having the best time of our life.
Speaker 3: But we will be doing a Big Logis episode on Monday, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 2: So, coming off the back.
Speaker 3: Of Logi's talk, I thought we should talk about our favorite Aussie TV shows. And I don't necessarily mean like the most recent ones, but the ones that we've always loved, the ones that we can probably still stream so we can like watch it and get us prepared for like LOGI Big Logo's day. This is the Mega because it kind of is right.
Speaker 1: It's fine, you know, like we pretend to not care. We all watch the Red Car, but we all watch the logans. Like I always fall asleep before the Gold logan, but then I like wake up and like when I am and then google it and I like wake up my husband, like, oh Amy's Blake got it, so you could have got it. We do care.
Speaker 2: I'm asleep just before the Gold log not.
Speaker 1: Just before, but like I can never stay up late enough for the Gold it's always good whatever it does.
Speaker 3: The thing with Australian humor is that I think our LOGI recipients know that that's all we care about. So every single recipient, even the person who's like announcing the award, has to take up a long ass segment to make their little humorous jokes. And I'm like, no, just do what the Americans do and not be funny, and just.
Speaker 1: Yes because we want. We don't want to get up there unless you are Sampang or someone genuinely hilarious. Just accept your award graciously and get off the stage. Even when they do like the scripted banter, for like when two actors come out and it's just like they hate it. Everyone in the room is hates it. We don't need funny all the time. The locust people are listening. Let the funny people be funny, the non funny people be gracious, and will all be happier. Like in all the awards that I've won, none, I've always thought, I'm just gonna get up there and say thank you and get off the stage, and everyone will like me more than if I was funny, Because that's thirty seconds knocked out of the length of this show.
Speaker 3: But I think if you were to get up there and accept your hypothetical LOGI that you will when they get I think you would be funny, Like you are one of the people I'm like, I know I can rely on being funny. There are some people who I'm like, I cannot rely on you being funny.
Speaker 1: I just remembered a funny story. It's kind of relevant. Can I tell yes?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: So I was presenting at the Aris one year. I was presenting Best hip Hop and during the week I had interviewed Hilltop Poods and I say, hey, boys, i'm presenting your categories. I will just say that you win whatever it is as a joke. Anyway, it gets to the night I'm up there Best hip Hop and the winner is Hiltop Poods and they really had one. But the boys walking up on stage looking at me like you better not be bloody, like they didn't believe that really why they thought I was having a joke. And I was like, oh no, no, no, you really did win, and like showed them the car and they're like, oh thank god. They thought I was like trying to be funny and I was to get you, like, who would do that.
Speaker 2: That is so funny. You wait for them to come up and the be like crack. That would have been absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my job seriously, as all people should do. So we aren't talking about our favorite Aussie shows of all time. And I love thinking about this because I feel like there was the golden age of Austrain and TV and then it kind of slumped for a while because all we got were reality shows. But in the last couple of years Ozzie drama and Aussie comedy have really kind of an amazing resurgence. So there are so many.
Speaker 3: I do have an old school one which is still one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
Speaker 4: Bluewater High.
Speaker 1: Were you? Oh my god, I wanted to be an actress so bad when I was younger.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just loved the love stories because it was always three guys, three girls are in there, like high school years.
Speaker 2: I was a bit younger.
Speaker 3: I think I was around ten eleven when Blue Water High, like season one came out, and I also read the book.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure if I read the book.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I just remember that I read the book.
Speaker 3: So was the TV show based on the book also the opposite way around.
Speaker 1: No, it would have been the TV show based on the book, because the.
Speaker 2: Book was really good.
Speaker 3: I remember reading the book when I was twelve, I think because I was in year six.
Speaker 1: Oh god, did you have the crushes? Were you? Like? Yes?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Firstly, Perry was absolutely stunning, Like, oh my god, I was like a model two surfs.
Speaker 2: Women can do anything.
Speaker 1: But wasn't it crazy that like all the surfing stuff, because probably less so for yours, but for my age, like surfing was the ultimate cool girl thing to do. But like when you lived any wear but small coastal towns or bond die like no one's surf Like everyone wore Quicksilver Roxy Roxy. We all wanted to be surfy goals even though we lived nowhere near a beach, so we're so just like all the time, it was just like, this is what everyone wants.
Speaker 3: I do remember the Roxy, like everyone's expense and the board shots shots we do a tanking with the almost Blue I may that for me my favorite season.
Speaker 2: I think it was season two that had Ryan Core in it. Ryan Core, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He has had a bit of a interesting life, I want to put it.
Speaker 1: He's had a fall from Grace when he was in that class.
Speaker 3: He also came back in the House of Dragon. He was what Yeah, he was the dad of Bastard sons. I think he got killed off after like five episodes, like most people who are throw well done but so hot, so blue. What I am rewatching it again because I'm obsessive and it's so cringey but so good. You can watch it on Prime video. Please watch it, and then we can gossip about it, and then maybe we can read the book again.
Speaker 1: Why not? I want to talk about neighbors, but neighbors twenty five years ago Everybody needs Good Name when Nasak was on it and she played a character called Easy, and Easy was like this evil woman trying to break up a marriage. And my cousin Alex and I hated Easy so much and every night Channel ten kept teasing it like this is the night that Easy will finally get it, and they were like, He's going to go down tonight, and then we'd watch it and Easy didn't go down. It took months. It did months be Easy to go down, and we would watch it religiously, like screaming into the most horrible things of the television. But that was some of Australia's best drama. Just that storyline in a Neighbors twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the devil works hard, but iz he works hard.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I have bass. I can't believe she was twenty five years ago doing that. God what I'm old, But like, you know, more power to it.
Speaker 2: What a legend.
Speaker 3: I have a bit of a more recent favee Colin from Accounts.
Speaker 2: Have you watched it?
Speaker 1: I've watched scenes and laughed out loud at those scenes, but I haven't had like the time or the headspace to sit down and commit to it. And I know I'll love it because it's so funny.
Speaker 2: It is brilliant.
Speaker 3: Stars Harriet Dyer and Patrick Bramle. They were also like creators producers.
Speaker 2: They are so funny.
Speaker 3: They are like real life couple as well. They won a few Logis last year. I hope they're gonna win some more this year.
Speaker 1: I remember them doing funny LOGI speech together. Funny people doing a funny speech. Let them do it.
Speaker 2: And when you're funny and hot, I'm like, come on.
Speaker 1: You can't say that, but I love it said exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, come on, like what what are the rest of the rest of us?
Speaker 2: You're damn it.
Speaker 1: There's so few of us in this life like that, but you know it's so good.
Speaker 3: I actually preferred season two over season one, and that's out now on Binch.
Speaker 2: Well as you still.
Speaker 3: Have one more suggestion of a show that you love, an UZI TV show, we will talk about that one after break.
Speaker 2: Plus we can watch ash you have one more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a classic Offspring because yeah, oh my gosh, this was like back when TV was appointment viewing and everyone watched it at the same time. And I just remember the episode where Patrick died and all of my girlfriends were like texting, calling, weeping, like everyone was breathed. The whole of Australia was communally heartbroken and depressed the next day like all of us.
Speaker 2: It changed the culture absolutely.
Speaker 1: We like everyone, if you talk about Astrain TV, we're gonna talk about Offspring, and we're gonna talk about Patrick Nye say something, counter ten, counter ten, open your eyes, Okay, Patrick, just say something.
Speaker 3: I never watched Offspring, but I've seen that scene of Patrick dying. I remember also, like the search traffic in Australia in SEO for like concussions, absolutely skyrocketing because it was his death was probably the only death I've seen on TV that was so small but so significant at the same time.
Speaker 1: You're right, it was just like a fall and you're like, what do you meaning? Full of a cliff.
Speaker 3: He didn't get He just got car like, no scratches, no bruises, and then he died.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I want to cry thinking about them. It was so good. It was such a great show. And actually Kitty is just so talented. Actually got a LOGI for that Gold Logie deserve well deserved on your knees, on your knees.
Speaker 2: The Weekend Watch it is weekend watch.
Speaker 3: Time where we give you two recommendations for you to watch over the week, and then you come back to us and be like, I love this, I hated this. Whatever you do, your homework is you have to watch it, and then you have to DM us and tell us how great our suggestions were, as what is your weekend watch this week?
Speaker 1: Well, mine is in brand new it's twenty twenty three. However, I feel like it's a sleeper hit and then it is about to be like thrust into our consciousness and it's about to be a thing. So it is a UK film called Rye Lane. It is a rom com set in South London with two incredibly talented and so attractive black leads. So what happened? You cheat on you with my best friend?
Speaker 2: You cheat on Tom with him a little bit?
Speaker 1: I mean, I got it near arms are nice, but why.
Speaker 2: Do you even talk about it? You're just gonna sit there and say that to me? Arms with us. I went through the same sort of thing not too long ago.
Speaker 1: She was his life coach. Apparently she opened his mind and Lina lex Underweth looks like this.
Speaker 5: Seriously, you'd have to say like fifteen of these together to get the pants I'm wearing enough.
Speaker 1: It is like film in this strange, quirky kind of artistic way that makes every scene seem like an artwork. He plays an accountant, but he wears like blue pants and pink cons. She is a one to be a costume designer who just wears the most outrageous outfits and they have the best banter. It's laugh out loud funny and this is a highest form of praise. My husband's watched the whole thing. Ah, he ended up standing in the living room and watching the whole thing, and he really enjoyed it. It's really funny, it's got so much heart. It's a quick watch. Yeah, I really really loved it, and I highly recommend everyone go out and watch it on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: That's going to be on my list.
Speaker 3: And also the standing and watching is such a dad move, Like a dad does it all the time. I remember I was watching the Taylor Swift Airestol concert and he's like, oh God, I don't want to watch that. I'm going to go in my room and watch something else. And then he came out to get a snack and he just ended up standing in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Watching as long as he's standing city, Yeah, you're not committing.
Speaker 2: It's the commitment that.
Speaker 1: It's me in House of the Dragon pretty much. I am watching this because I'm too confused, but I do want to see if those simply are going to bring again. So I'm going to keep standing here, and I'm also going to ask allowing questions, what's your weekend watch? My love?
Speaker 3: I've actually got a local suggestion. So I've recently become a big girl and purchased my first TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have a.
Speaker 3: TV for years because I was like, no, I don't need a TV. And then the minute I got my TV, it has never turned off, Like my electricity bill is through the roof. But on Wednesday night I watched the first episode of the new season of Thank God You're Here.
Speaker 1: So good I think I lost.
Speaker 2: How does five thousand dollars sound? Well, it would depend what year we're in.
Speaker 1: Australians are so funny, the funniest and honestly, no one doesn't like Working Dog Productions who make this show. Oh my, they just make it seem so easy and it's so funny. There's never a flop never.
Speaker 3: I was texting my friend watching episode one because we were watching it together but like obviously separately, so we were texting and she says that she's watched every single episode of Thank God You're Here, and this episode that we watched on Wednesday has been the funniest one she's ever seen.
Speaker 2: All Right, it was so good.
Speaker 3: The cast was and Edmunds Sampang, Frankie McNair and hay mish Blake. There was also guestar Glenn Robbins.
Speaker 2: He was one of the extras. He was so funny.
Speaker 3: Adam Hills was a Judge, hosted by Celia Piccola, as she did last season. I rarely laugh out loud at like improv comedy, and I was in stitches with every single one of them. And Edmunds is the funniest. She's Sam Oh my god, I was cry laughing, like both of me and my sister were giggling so hard. And it was like one of those shows I think with thank God you're here. You can't be on your phone, like you have to live watch it, like you can't like kind of subconsciously watching it with other TV shows.
Speaker 1: It is on it.
Speaker 2: He's so funny.
Speaker 1: I love him so much. Him and Roddie Ching like love Asian comedians, especially when they just like make my other parents like correct Heloris.
Speaker 3: They are both so good this first episode, like it's just made me more excited for the rest of the season because I went hard in the episode.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I'll be watching that. Even though we've already said one each, we do have to mention the fact that Emily in Patty is out skis. I've had to wait till I can go to my niece's house to watch it with them, so I've held out my beautiful niece's shout outs to you, Bonnie, Greta and Livys. We'll be watching it. I'm gonna make crapes cute.
Speaker 4: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be watching it on my new TV by my.
Speaker 1: Top so cute. I'll ubi you some crepe sover You're welcome. Can I just ask, though, Gabriel or Alfie, who is your peak for? Like? Who would you choose?
Speaker 2: Unpopular opinion? But Alfie. I love love Alfie.
Speaker 1: You know, I love him because I love Lewis Hamilton and he really and not just because he's English in black he does.
Speaker 2: They've got the same vibes.
Speaker 1: But Gabriel is so hot but also just got a lot going on credit exactly.
Speaker 2: He's just got too much.
Speaker 1: He's got his stuff together. He loves her in his Greatness suit and he was every day because he's got a hot job. So okay, I'm as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, Team Alfie, especially with Laura running back, we will definitely be talking about Emily in Paris so you can watch Thank God You're here on ten and Ryley on Disney Plus. Thank you so much for listening to the spill today, and thank you.
Speaker 5: Ash London for being Honestly, you guys are the best team and I adore you am and you're going to come on my podcast to and talk about as perfect I see down the line, absolute.
Speaker 3: Dream, a little crossover with the spill in ash London.
Speaker 2: That's all I wanted, that's it's looking from perfect Nogging.
Speaker 3: If you love listening to us, please click that follow button and give us a five star review, not four.
Speaker 2: We do not accept four below.
Speaker 3: We will see you back here in your podcast speed at three pm on Monday. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Bye, dear No No No