Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast.
Speaker 2: Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is the platform to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives.
Speaker 1: They adore, the good, bad and ugly, the best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneur whos walped the suits and heels to co found Matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar. Ces the ya is.
Speaker 3: A series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way. Hi Veer hi Vim.
Speaker 4: We suck her militia sitting in the same state, in the same city, but we decided to do this over zoo in the same room.
Speaker 1: Also, I bought and a fancy microphone for this exact purpose in case we would ever need to record remotely, which actually we've been pretty good this year. We've hardly recorded like our episodes remotely anyway. She sends me a voice note like two minutes ago. That's the crispus audio I have ever heard, going, hey, just testing for our episode mic working. She put it in for at least three other episodes, and it's it's never worked. It's just never You just never turned it on.
Speaker 4: All through COVID, because we did this through COVID, remember, and that's why you bought it. And I was like, oh, this microphone shit because the end result was really pooh. And then I was like, oh, and then today I had time to like set up and I was like, in my computer is changing the input. I was like, oh, yeah, I'll click that, and then lo and behold. It was the most crisp thing I've ever heard. So all through you were just hearing my microphone from my computer with this, just like for show.
Speaker 5: I'm such an idiot, just as a prom such a big bird.
Speaker 1: It actually sounds like we're in the same like your mic sounds like it normally does when we're in the same room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. I can't believe for three hole years.
Speaker 4: We're using my three years later, we're using my computer microphone.
Speaker 1: You know, we've come a long way for our like four and a half anniversary, we finally made it to making the microphones work.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: You know what you don't have is your mic fluffer.
Speaker 1: I don't have my mic fluffer and that's hard because okay, you don't have it either. Hello. Yeah, maybe we should do it as our New Years We'll do it as our New Year's episode when we're in the same room.
Speaker 5: Our rebrand, our rebrand.
Speaker 1: So our incredible editor Sam from the podcast Butler surprised me a couple of days ago? Was it last week? He isn't Melbourne based and as part of our we have so much to catch you guys up on.
Speaker 5: It's also so to to intrude on your story.
Speaker 4: But your this is where sirs timescale is actually pooh, a couple of.
Speaker 5: Days ago, it was like more than a week ago.
Speaker 1: It was last Friday. That's like a week ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually true, so you can delete that.
Speaker 1: So the long Winter version of this story, we should have totally not left it this late to record in the year because our.
Speaker 5: Brains not.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: What's the Sululu? There isn't onelu, there's no Solulu. So we planned to do Seize the a Christmas party, which would just be the two of us, and then it ended up because of timing. The plan was to do surprise activities where each of us would plan an activity for the other, and we couldn't manage to make it on the same day. So then somehow it blew out to like a three part three different days sees the a Christmas party, and we have since canceled two of the three activities because we are unhinged and tired, so they've been rescheduled to January.
Speaker 4: There's just memes where it's like, oh, you don't want to be the one that canceled, but you want someone else to cancel, so you kind of like wait for the other's counsel and then you're like, oh, oh no.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea. You should rest.
Speaker 4: Like Sarah was like, oh, I'm a bit tired, and I had been tired for days and I actually ended up being sick, and I was like, oh, I want to cancel.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Might be a bit tired tonight and what we were doing, and you were like, I'm exhaus and.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's cancel. You're too retired for this we have.
Speaker 3: And then we both feel bad. So then we're like no, no, no, no, no, I'm good now, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I'm good. And then the other one's like, no, I really want to cancel, but you don't want to say it. So you're like, oh, okay, cool, Actually nah, are you sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You're being pregnant is the best thing I know.
Speaker 1: But except I still then I feel even more guilty, so I try and uncancel, even though you actually are more pregnant than me in your energy at the moment. So actually we did this is literally six minutes of absolute rubbish already. Sorry. So we did one part of our activities, which was dry felting in the city. We had an amazing fun time making Christmas decorations and doing arts and crafts. So we did that and we were absolutely like if you guys think we're chaotic on these episodes, we were beside ourselves delirious, like so tired, which is why we canceled the next day's activity. But Ang had canceled her surprise the next morning, but then said, but we have to have brunch, and I was like, no, I'm in canceltown now, Like I don't want to get up if we're not doing the first activity, like I don't want to have any activity on and then she was like, no, we have to go to brunch and I was like, dude, I'm with you right now, Like why, I don't need to see you tomorrow. I'm seeing you right now, Like what? And then I realized obviously there was going to be someone else at the brunch and we couldn't cancel the other person and and had surprised me with our amazing editor, Sam, who is not Melbourne based, had flown down. They had hidden it somehow. I speak to Sam every day. I speak to Ange every day. That hidden that he was going to be in Melbourne, and he surprised us not only with brunch, but these beautiful sees, the A branded microphone covers for us to record with when we were meant to record in person on Friday, which we also canceled, so we have video that it is now a week later and we still haven't managed a recording person.
Speaker 5: Do you know we almost canceled this.
Speaker 1: I was so close.
Speaker 5: I know, I know because just before.
Speaker 4: We started, Sarah so it was like, oh, next week and I was like, oh, we go to Brisbane tomorrow. So it's what has to be today and then literally five minutes before they started, I get this message on stair, which I know is like a like, what are the chances we can postpone without asking to I suppose she goes just like just quick one so you're not you don't come back into after.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, so just to quick one just because then I was like, oh, what a fun holiday. I was sort of like, well, if you're back before ne years, we could do our twenty twenty three rap after you get back from Brisbane and not today, because I also was messaging you from the toilet and I was like, I'm late because my pregnant bows are not cooperating, so why don't we just cancel it together? So basically moral of the story is we've canceled like eight things.
Speaker 4: So more of the stories that we require, well at the point where we require the smallest inconvenience to be like cancel, Like Sarah's like, I'm going to be four minutes late because I'm still pulling cancel.
Speaker 1: I've got a paper cut. I don't think I can record on cancel. Well, so I'm really proud of us for being here today. I don't think anyone's gonna really listen further than this point, because why would they.
Speaker 4: Just and we literally dinning in thirty minutes apart from each other, but not now that because we just couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: So the idea for this episode was to answer some of your overspilled q and as from our last couple of episodes, because we loved your questions so much, and also to do as we do every year, like a little rap on what twenty twenty three was like, and we'll do a twenty twenty four New Year's resolution type episode when we come back, but also to sort of think about what we want next year to be. And I love these reflections episodes because then in a year's time kind of listen back to them and get to think, oh, did I do any of those things? Did it turn out how I expected? So, Bim, firstly, what are your plans for the holidays? You leave tomorrow? And secondly, how are you feeling about twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, Well plans for the holidays are five am tomorrow. We're driving to Brisbane. Oh myit the dog and I which would be actually quite fun and I haven't actually ever like said the last time I drove to Brisbane. I didn't obviously drive, but growing up we had this eight seat of Torago and every second year Dad would drive us all up like full car, eight people in this car and we were all under the eighth like me and Jen would have been under the age of ten, Capbin would have been teenager. It would have been very young. And then yeah, Dad used to drive us and we used to take it for granted how long it would take him to drive us because we just sat.
Speaker 1: And enjoyed your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, Dad, did we sleep, Like, sure, we just slept.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, You're bouncing around, like jumping over like the seats to each other, and like he's like it was like mayhem. But yeah, he had to drive us to the Worlds because we so love going to Wett and Wild and movie on Stuffy. So that was the last time we ever drove. I remember driving, and I don't even remember the length of time it takes to get there. Somehow we just got there without.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, how many hours is it? Is it like fifteen hours.
Speaker 4: Say totally twenty hours? Yeah, around the eighteen to twenty hours.
Speaker 1: You guys are splitting it up for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll probably go to our beautiful friends in Ui.
Speaker 4: They're not even going to be there, but they're left like they're like, just stay, which is such a blessing. So we'll fang it up to you.
Speaker 1: This is the Yesterday family, the family where you do the Yesterday with the kids.
Speaker 5: Yes Day family we love so much. Yeah, and then we'll probably slowly just go.
Speaker 4: Up the coast over the next two days and sleep in the back of the car. We've got a higher car. We're going to just take my car, but we're coming down with another car like her family's giving passing down a car.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I'm sorry, sure, we're driving up.
Speaker 4: We have to drive because the family want to see the dog, and the dog was going to cost one of thousand dollars one way to fly, can you believe?
Speaker 1: But also can you imagine? So this is my big struggle with the fact that I understand people don't want to move anywhere without their animals, of course, but I can't like putting.
Speaker 3: Roomy underneath the thing and the luggage, like I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't sitting right here and I can't.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, oh, it'd be so when it comes to me to the shower, No, we need boundaries, behaves, It comes and just watches.
Speaker 5: Me pooh, like, oh he's so creepy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So yeah, we're driving up to Brisbane, spend Christmas there to have a week at the beach and then come back like probably the thirtieth or thirty first, if anything, and then it's the next year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, twenty twenty four sounds so weird. How do you feel about this year? What are your like big feelings as we approach the end, which I don't even know how that's happened.
Speaker 5: This year has been really pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: It's probably the year that I wanted it to be in that remember, so last year I resigned from full time yo, and that was like a big thing, and you and I discussed it was a means of me living a very free life.
Speaker 1: Like seizon your yea is that kind of what you're getting at?
Speaker 5: Kind of?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, because work? What the freak is the jingle happy and busy?
Speaker 5: I love the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are so bad.
Speaker 5: I was like, what is the jingle?
Speaker 1: Guys? This just shows how little Ange listens to the episode. She doesn't know the song.
Speaker 5: I don't it's true.
Speaker 1: So in your twenty hours of the way to Brisbane, you're going to listen to the back catalog and like catch up on episodes.
Speaker 4: This is a yeah, seriously though I need to, But no, I think it's been. It's been really awesome and very I live a very lucky, key and privileged life. I reflect on it often in that I am very in control. I feel of what I'm doing, which I don't feel like maybe a lot of people feel like they can be in that I can choose when I want to work and what I want to do for work, And I think that's a very huge advantage or asset to have, is to be able to have that level of control. I guess at the age that I am, I think that comes though with these you know every two months career crisis that you and I both always talk about.
Speaker 5: When where like in this world where it's.
Speaker 4: Quite a novel way of working where you know you do multiple things each thing, like for example, so like how my time is split is I am technically four days a week for bloom effects, and then I do a day with you and then with the hospital it's probably once every two.
Speaker 5: Weeks or something, and then.
Speaker 4: I now, I'm doing a lot of course curriculum development for Latrobe, and then every now and then it's like a random coaching or a podcast or cool event or something, but that's kind of the split. And then I might have a couple of other clients here and there. But out of all of those things, only one of those jobs requires me to be anywhere physically and constrained to that, which is a physio But I love it. But I love it anyway.
Speaker 5: Even that though, I can.
Speaker 4: Pretty much be like, do you want me to work tomorrow or next week? And they will more often than I'd say yes, because that's just how healthcare is at the minute. So yeah, So every other minute of my day, though, is under my own control in what I want to do. And I was like, and I was reflecting on this yesterday, being like, that is a very amazing thing to be able to do, and I don't take that for granted. So in that sense, I feel like I've had a very kind of awesome work life balance over this last year.
Speaker 5: Been able to do really fun things.
Speaker 4: Were able to go to Amsterdam to the ChIL Fields for work, had a really fun season a footy even we was able to go back to doing that.
Speaker 5: Did really fun things with Ce's We're just so random.
Speaker 4: Like I think we started this year with this big like we had this brand strategy meeting, and then by the end of it we were.
Speaker 5: Like, how about next week we do a Yule event. Earl Like, that's just us.
Speaker 1: But I really like that your reflection on the freedom thing. We've been doing the show long enough and these reflections long enough that people who have been listening along will remember you at this time last year making a choice, and like quite an agonizing choice at the time, to move towards that. Like, I think it's really cool that that's not by accident and a lot of people have heard you feel last year like you lacked that and then grab it back for yourself and be able to enjoy it because I feel like sometimes people tell the story and a podcast and you weren't there for all the decisions, whereas people have been there for your decisions to get closer to where you are now. You know, that's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very lucky, Yeah that I get to live in and work in the way that I get to. But at the same time, I think, yeah, the only downside of it is this constant feeling of in this world, the progression is not as linear and it's not as clear, so you can't see it. Like if I was doing physio full time, it's quite clear. You go from grade one to a grade two to a grade three, grade four, and these these little milestones that you can kind of see where you're progressing. You know, you get more responsibilities, you might get students or whatever. In this world, though, it's very hard to see where and how you're progressing, if it's not other people being like, yeah, but you're doing this and that, because it's not as linear. It's not like you kind of jump grades, and even things for like pay scales don't really exist in this world of like consulting or contracting and working different jobs. The only way I'm like, oh, yeah, I guess I'm progressing is being able to you know, now do work with the litrope and do that work with the curriculum and getting more hours from that, and then you know, working now in the hand therapy team and getting that as a gig. And yeah. So it's very hard sometimes to see and if you can't see progression, you're like, Okay, what's the directory where am I going?
Speaker 1: What's the what's there is.
Speaker 5: No end goal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's this constant, like I guess crisis in the back of your head of where am I going? But at the same time, you're also liked, that's the beauty of doing this is that you don't know and it could be anything. So, yeah, it's been a very cool year. We moved in with my partner, live in a really cool house. Now, Yeah, I feel like I've had a very in control year, which has been nice. How about you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's why I have become so obsessed with like end of year reflections and start of year goal setting and middle of the year check ins and all that stuff because of that lack of automatic structure in what we do. Like you in a workplace, you automatically have that you don't need to care about setting your own goals at the start of the year because like you'll have a sit down with your boss. And that's why I love these episodes because this is the only time I do it. Otherwise I wouldn't and I wouldn't sit and go, oh my god, I set these goals at the start of the year and then I actually achieved them or you know, I can set new ones for next year, so I love these because this is the only time when I do it as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your reflections bit?
Speaker 1: This year has been like a really interesting one. I think the last couple of years have been amazing and chaotic and like in a post COVID world, coming back to so many things that we didn't have before. You know, there's so many wonderful things that have happened, but they'd all been quite similar, like you mentioned, they'd been like little improvements and greater challenges, but on the same general trajectory kind of thing, like the same career, the same balance of projects between podcasts, presenting all like the same kind of pathway, just doing cooler versions of that each year, which is amazing. But this year has been completely different. For the first time in a while, it's been so like from January I was pregnant, and then that lasted till March, and then we had the pregnancy loss, and then the focus for the second that was, like the first quarter was pregnancy, the second quarter was recovery, reorientation, try and rEFInd. Like I talked so much on the podcast about how my biggest challenge for that part of the year was like I thought my year was going to be one thing, and then suddenly it wasn't, and then I had to rEFInd the track that I was on before to replace what I thought that he was going to look like. But then the third quarter was, well, we were pregnant again, so I could like pick that up again. And then the whole rest of the year has been getting so excited and surrendering to the unknown of this new chapter, but in a completely different way to any other year. So I feel like it's the first year in a really long time that's been completely different, like such a different focus. Work has almost taken a back seat, even though I've probably been busier than I have in other years. In terms of like what's at the forefront of my own brain every day, it's been much more family, starting a family, looking after my body, getting to that stage where I don't know, it's just been such a shift in focus and a lot more surrender. I think, like we normally you normally have to surrender to uncertainty in our jobs, but then to add a layer of uncertainty with your body and your plans and when you could get pregnant and when you might not get pregnant and when is everything going to change? And when will you have a baby? Like the whole year has just been like a question mark. Every day, every week has been like what is happening? And it's kind of been lovely in a weird way. I've never had a year.
Speaker 5: Like this before. Yeah, I feel someone was asking me.
Speaker 4: I was a ktssay from five Acres who were just like how Sarah, And I was like, Sarah's one of those people where every year when I first met and I was like, WHOA, well, she's hit her peak. Everything was awesome, and then every year after that, I was like, she's still peaking. Yep, She's still going yep and still going, and even this year, I'm like yep. In ways that I don't even realize that you can continue, like because for you it always changes. It's like these presenting jobs and then now with the house, You've done such an awesome job at the house and being pregnant, and then and then that opens more doors than this other realm where I'm like, oh, next year is going to be another one where it just like kind of should actually just keeps going for you, although you also kind of you both live your life in a way where you always leave doors open to be able to continue to grow. Like it's like it's never like you hit a point where you're like, I've kind of exhausted that whole thing. Now what do I do? There's always like things, so yeah, I feel like that whole year feel your reflection was about the baby, but you've also got a house fully renovated, but to two international weddings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've fitted in so much. But I think just the difference in my mind is that even if on the outside a lot of things looked the same as they might have a different year in terms of travel and work and kind of achievements, it's funny that they all had to fit in around my personal priorities for the first time in a really long time. Like even I don't know, I look at this year and the big highlights are like there's been so many amazing career highlights, but the big highlights for me have been a family home and getting pregnant and getting so excited to start this new chapter as a mum and not feeling scared about that. Like obviously there's like small freakouts, like normal level freakouts about the uncertainty of a new chapter, and I know it's going to be a magical and a total shit show all at once, but also feeling ready for a new chapter, like not being totally scared that I'm going to fuck it all up or that it's going to change my life or it's going to cost me things like I feel really lucky that I sort of think I gave it a really good crack, like I gave pre motherhood life a really good crack, And now I'm really excited for this new chapter where I'm actually okay that I have to go a little bit slower next year. I'm actually okay that I don't know what. I have no idea what next year is going to be like. And that's like less idea that I even normally have, And I kind of like that. It's really weird how balanced and chilled I've been about not knowing, because normally I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I almost want to go into the questions because I feel I remember there was a question in one of my question boxes that was revolved around you taking leave blah blah blah. Should we go into them do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I totally forgot we had questions do you have a reflection.
Speaker 4: So do you have any nays to your year? Beyond obviously the miscarriage?
Speaker 1: I think it tested. It was again, it was one of those years that was different to any I've had in a really long time. The challenges were new and different and bigger than I ever could have imagined. Like I think I have learnt. I am stronger in ways that I didn't know. I knew I was strong in a career sense or a mental or hard work challenge kind of way, but in terms of like a health, physical, emotional challenge, I haven't been tested like that in a really long time. But I also haven't felt like intense joy in a family way in a really long time. I'm so settled and ready to nest, and it's just this whole.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just so different suddenly, but not in a scary way, which is lovely. Yeah, I'm just kind of on this weird rollercoaster now where I've never done any of this before, and I'm okay with it being different every day. It's kind of weird to just surrender completely like I thought i'd surrendered before, and now I'm like, I actually have no idea and it's the best.
Speaker 4: And the weirdest thing is also you and your mama going through brignancy the first time.
Speaker 1: So special, and it's been lovely to like let myself create space for that. So the days that we have scans, I take her and then I don't work for the rest of that day so that we can like rewatch the videos and unload on how weird it is that mom never had ultrasounds. I thought I'd struggle more to like fit it in, if that makes sense, Like, oh, it works so busy, like, oh, I've got to fit in being pregnant, where it's kind of been the other way around. I'm like, I'm pregnant that takes up as much time and energy as it needs to, and then work kind of fits in around that, which is so weird for me. It just happened really naturally, and I think it's the perspective of pregnancy loss has given me even nausea and stuff this time, I've just been like, it's so worth it. Any symptom you can throw at me, I don't even care if the baby's healthy, like whatever. It just kind of gives you this different gratitude that cancels out anything else that you might have felt it's weird. It's been a really amazing especially this last six months, new house, new baby, Like, it's just been beautiful. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited my home here next year's revolved around my best friends are having babies. Genuinely, I was, I can't not be here for you and Chris both within a month of each other.
Speaker 5: But it's genuinely is revolved around, like.
Speaker 4: Even for ages, I might want to do a stint on the Sunny coast, and I said, whatever happens, we probably I wouldn't be ready into a twenty twenty five because there's a very strong chance that between new Laws and Chris, like one of you will get pregnant and I really need to be there for that.
Speaker 1: And now it's like at least two out of three for now.
Speaker 4: And really back to the first question, yeah, some much we'll go to these corrections is what are your holiday plans?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you guys know, we've had like a couple of years of being back and forth from Tazzy a lot with my late father in law, so we have spent pretty much three years of Christmas in Tazzy, and normally we kind of swap between our family. So this year, we're just staying here and the kitchen just got finished a couple of weeks ago, so we're actually having Christmas dinner with our whole family at our place. So that'll be like the first so cool family dinner in the house, all our aunties. Like it'll be really really nice and like it's kind of like our version of a housewarming, just having the whole family over for Christmas and then we're just we're just hanging around. We're actually nesting. It's really nice.
Speaker 5: That's nice. I'm kind of jealous, like I don't want to be there for your first Christmas.
Speaker 1: But no, I know there's a scene at the table for you and your bedroom is open and ready.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I haven't even sept in a years. Okay, now back to the pregnancy, because I suck at being the MC for this. Someone had actually asked a more underscore and thirty one asked, how will she manage her leave? And I'm hoping that she gets a lot of time before for herself and after the baby.
Speaker 1: Oh that's lovely. I love Anna. Thank you so much for the question. It's a really really interesting one, and I've spoken actually quite a lot to friends and to Nick and Mum about it. I was so worried when I left corporate about kind of the sacrifice of maternity leave. I really thought that I would feel. You know, that is one of the biggest challenges of working for yourself is you don't have inbuilt leave and you don't have the structure of those kind of periods to deal with the financial implications of taking time off and all that kind of thing. But interestingly, now that I'm getting closer to when I would have taken matt leave if I was in a company, I actually feel so lucky that I've almost landed in a lifestyle where I don't need it, if that makes sense, Like I've kind of got such a flexible like you were talking about earlier, are such a flexible working structure where I don't work from an office. Everything is quite not spontaneous. But thing, you know, job briefs come in and you can ramp them up if you really want, or you can ramp them down if you need to create space for yourself. And I mean, I'm so fortunate that the market also allows that. Right now, the podcast I can do from home, all the radio gigs you don't need to be presentable, you know, and wear makeup to do those and there are a couple of hours here and there. Like everything's very friendly towards having a little one, and I feel very, very lucky that it's not the concern that I thought it would be. That I have sort of sat down with my manager and we've made a plan around when the due date is, and we're quarantining a couple of weeks before and a couple of weeks after to create the space for this whole new experience. And who knows what kind of recovery I'll have or what you know the baby will be like when they're firstborn, Like, there's so many question marks, so we have created we've built in sort of maternity leave around that little bit of time. But I'm also fortunate in that I don't think it would have suited me to have six months of no work or twelve months of no work and then go all the way back. I like the idea that as soon as I feel like we have a little bit more balance and flexibility and a bit of a routine, that I can start to do one job here and there or two jobs here and there and dip my foot back in the water. And then I also have a husband whose work is equally as flexible, so he can work from home, and even if he's working, there are two sets of hands to just help me have a shower, And you know, like we're set up in a way that makes it a lot less overwhelming. There's not one of us in an office all day and the other one earning zero. We're kind of both in the middle where we can juggle that whole period depending on what how needy our needs end up being. And I just sort of didn't appreciate how amazing that is that I don't feel like I've lost maternity live now. I feel like I can create as much of it as I need. But I think my brain will also enjoy going back to smaller jobs, probably quicker than I might have if I took maternity leave officially, if that makes sense. So short answer, yes, creating some space around that and also so leaving it open to when we let work trickle back in a little bit and how much just like play it by ear.
Speaker 4: I think the coolest thing is that you and Nick get to be at home with Bob. That's my I've spoken to some family and friends who did join Pat Matt leave or both. Yeah, somehow we're able to be at home together. That like, it was the best decision we could have made because it was.
Speaker 5: That first period.
Speaker 4: Even though the baby doesn't remember much, it was so great for all of them.
Speaker 1: And we're so lucky that that doesn't have to involve Nick not working, like he can do his job from home, so financially, it's not like we cease two incomes in order to have that. We have the flexibility to have at least him working, you know, as much as he is now. And we've also kind of planned around that knowing that there will be a couple of months where I not income producing. So if anyone has noticed that I have not slowed down in this trimester, that's probably why, because I'm making the most of the time when I can still move around freely and do as many jobs as I can physically fit in, because you know, you plan ahead for that knowing that then I will also get you know, I'll go one thousand percent now and then I can calm down sort of next year, if that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the year was so dismissive. I was not dismissing the whole answer. I was looking at the next question because I was like, I'm going to stick to the baby theme and then we'll go into other themes.
Speaker 1: To make it nice categorization.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I had a question coming to my own box saying, well, my eaty bitty titties finally grow if I get pregnant.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh my god, yours are huge.
Speaker 1: They are like huge for me, not huge for like society, yeah, and huge for me yeah, like huge for us. So the funnest bit is that I don't know about everyone, but a lot of my friends in the Eaty Bitty Titty committee had their boobs grow before their tell me grows, and that bit is so cool. It's just like, I don't know, I feel like all of us sort of have little things where we're like I could be like a little bit bigger, or I could this could be a little bit different. You know, we all have those little tweaks we would make in an ideal world, like not that it's super confidence crushing or anything, but I was like, you know, I'd probably like go up like one cup size and then it just happens, but before you get a tummy. So I was just like, like, everyone's like his nick being like loving it. I'm like, I play with them more, like I am so excited because I've never had boobs before, Like it is so much fun. And then now I obviously have.
Speaker 3: A belly, but the boobs have kept growing.
Speaker 1: And then apparently when you start breastfeeding, it's just like next level but joggers and it's a real For some point, I always never had boobs. It is actually a really fun time to just be like because normally if I do have boobs, it's padding, so they're not real. So now I'm just like.
Speaker 5: And then your nipples will be like sauces hugemongus.
Speaker 1: Which they're not, and they're nonsters. They've grown a little bit, but the main change has been this is such a teammate. The main change has been they've gone so much darker, which okay. One of the things about pregnancy for me, at least in my particular strange brain, is that every day I can't believe the magic of nature that my body has never built a human before, and it knows how to do it. It knows how to cope with two hearts, two livers, like to everything, we have different heart rates, and it knows how to do that and like it's growing a human from scratch Like that blows my mind. But also the fact that my nipples have gone darker because when the baby's born, it makes it easier for them to find the food sauce like that is why, Like, but how cool is that that your body figures that out? Like that is so wild?
Speaker 5: A mine dark already because so that my partners can find me.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lesbian thing. I think that's actually like lesbian nature, lesbian side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, must feel like same sex relationship stuff like everything born so dark. Next question, Colour at Purple says, congratulations firstly when you do, and what prim are you're getting?
Speaker 1: So we're due first week of April, and that makes so much sense because Nick's dad and grandfather were both born on April Fools, which really explains a lot of their sense of humor. So we're gunning for the first pram interestingly. So one of the things that happened, I think because of having a loss immediately before this pregnancy is that we were a lot more conservative firstly in announcing we waited till eighteen weeks, but secondly in allowing ourselves to get excited enough to buy things. So our nursery, I'm sitting in it right now, there's nothing in it. We haven't sort of started that setup process because it always felt a little bit early, and we just have that layer of hesitation that we probably wouldn't have had otherwise, which is fine, it's just part of the journey. It has meant a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of extra anxiety at certain times, but we have literally I'm twenty four weeks yesterday and I.
Speaker 1: Figured we still have enough time to do all that. So I actually don't know what PRAM. I still am very very new to even all the brand names, like it's a whole new lingo. I don't know the cot brands, I don't know pram brands. I don't know anything. The only thing we have bought is wall decals because I saw the cutest Safari animals ever. But otherwise we will have to do an updated episode on all the actual purchases a little bit further along, because YE had no idea.
Speaker 4: Remember those years ago when I was running Match Maiden and I did those.
Speaker 1: Quizzes Pramney bus everyone. So one of the questions was what is PRAM short for perambulator, parram something else and then pramney bus and everyone said pramney bus.
Speaker 5: It was the funniest thing, and it was like a voting thing, and it was like eighty percent of people said pramnibus and I was in hysteric. So now I just would think pans with primary buses.
Speaker 1: Nick, and I use the word primary bus all the time, like all the time since that day.
Speaker 5: I feel like I can't unsee it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a few questions about this baby names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I actually did a poll on my page for people to guess to see if anyone guessed it, and I have screenshot of them all so I can give the people a prize who did or did not guess it. We've had some very close guesses and some correct guesses for the second name, but not the first name.
Speaker 4: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do know. We chose our girl and boy names like five six years ago because we have common names in both genders on both sides, So as soon as we knew that there was a common boy name and a common girl name on both of our families, it just was sort of automatic. But they're quite traditional, and I think a lot of people thought they'd be more quirky, but they're not.
Speaker 4: Okay, that really explains one of these questions, because I was like, well, I don't understand the question was Elliot John Peter Ivy Lee.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think they put it in the wrong book.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. I have no idea what this is about.
Speaker 4: Another maybe related one is will you be having godparents?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Interesting? So I don't think we'll have official like I know some of our friends have very formal godparent appointments. Sometimes it's in the church, sometimes it's like a on a naming day or I don't think we'll have that, but we will probably have some nominated godparents. Again, we haven't really thought about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't really know what a godparent even does.
Speaker 1: But you know, I mean, I think the idea behind it is that if anything happened to you, they would be the people who took over guardianship of your child. I think that's the Oh, well, obviously it's going to be the gay auntes, the guarantees, the guarantees.
Speaker 5: What a silly question.
Speaker 1: So silly. I mean, obviously it would be obviously you would be one of them. I think we'll probably have like a god group rather than just like often there's like one godmother and one godfather, which is what.
Speaker 4: As in god aunties as in me.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I mean gay aunties. No, I know, it's are we connecting? Are we connecting? Are we not?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: But that's cool, Okay. Next bub question.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of bub questions this question, but I think it was already answered in the miscarriage pregnancy episode. But the question is was there any difference between your first and pregnancy and your second pregnancy?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. Yeah, maybe I did answer.
Speaker 5: That, but I think we did touch on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess a little bit further along now. So the first pregnancy was only nine weeks and we never had a heartbeat, so there was a big physiological difference in terms of like we didn't get to most of the stages we've gotten to this time, and the fetus were sort of never viable, so some physiological things didn't happen. But overall that nine weeks in terms of nausea, food versions were pretty much the same this time around. But I think the big difference from zero to nine weeks and then or four to nine weeks or whenever it starts and onwards has been as I just touched on was the extra level of hesitation to celebrate, I think was the biggest difference, And like being a bit more circumspect about sharing the news, buying things, allowing yourself mentally to fully embrace the idea of your pregnancy as a child as well. And now we're at twenty four and he's kicking wildly and he's got all the organs and we know his gender, it's a lot easier to embrace that. But earlier on, I think the biggest difference was definitely that concern, or that extra level of anxiety. I think I said before in that episode that as much as it's beautiful to have a completely unhindered, beautiful pregnancy where you can take it off for granted and just enjoy each step for what it is, I'm not sad that we've been more anxious this time, because I also think maybe it is better if you do have a little bit more awareness around the statistics as well, so that you kind of self protect yourself a little bit. Like I think it's a healthy anxiety if you don't let it consume you and you still allow yourself to have joy at the same time, if it's balanced, if.
Speaker 5: That makes sense. Yeah, and it's because you've got a good opie and stuff as well.
Speaker 1: It's totally supportive and it hasn't ruined the joy at all. Like we've still been incredibly excited. But you can have two emotions at the same time.
Speaker 4: I think last pregnancy kind of related one, but then it's a good segui into the next Sigi SIGHIII by missus Jen Lucas.
Speaker 5: I'm really inconsistent with saying who these questions are wrong to apologize?
Speaker 4: Are you worried about your friendship changing when bubb arrives?
Speaker 5: No time for yourself, let alone friend?
Speaker 1: Great question. I think a lot of new mums do struggle with this in that they but you know, obviously you become a lot more physically isolated because you're not out and about as much. I feel very lucky that I'm not as worried, particularly because we're not the first or anywhere near the first in a lot of our friendship groups to have babies. I think that makes it a lot easier because your friends automatically know what you're going through. They remember what it's like. They have their own kids, you know, so they kind of understand. Yeah, just the situation that you find yourself in and can help by dropping in or making kid friendly dates to you know, it's hard when you're the first one and the only one in a friendship group that has children. So I'm a lot less worried about that because we have such amazing friends and we're very lucky to have to be surrounded by a lot of fellow parents, And that's also just been amazing. In asking questions like the whole pregnancy, it's been a lot easier because a lot of my friends have done it before. I think that is much more of an anxiety if you're the first one and you worry that your friends just won't understand the life stage. That you're right, And even my friends who don't have kids, they're ang who's obsessed with babies. So I feel very lucky. Yeah, And I think the other thing is as well. With Nick working from home as well, it's not like I'll be at home physically alone, if that makes sense. And that's also something that I feel very lucky about because I have a lot of friends whose partners are in an office out of the house for like long stretches of the day, which is a lot more isolating than at least having another adult in the house with you. I feel very lucky at that setup. And then Mum lives around the corner, so I think I'm very very lucky in that regard.
Speaker 4: I'm like forcing my friendship at once, sir, because I need to spend time with this baby, because I feel like some people like I need to see them often, and they say that, but I don't know how to stress how how really I do mean that?
Speaker 6: I need like I'm just going to pop up, And so I was like, yeah, anytime I was like no, no, I think you need to really consider saying yes or no because I actually am going to just be there.
Speaker 1: I think I already understand that there is no me saying yes or no. Since you've had a key to the other house since yeah, seven years ago and have never announced your arrival.
Speaker 5: It's quite true.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, and I'm going to that question publicly. That's great.
Speaker 5: It's on the record.
Speaker 4: It's on the record if you're listening. Okay, great, and then ah, there's another question about Oh. This kind of takes us into like friendship questions, the first one being how do you know?
Speaker 1: And just quickly we just got a group text from Nick saying, why was that so loud? My nipples have gotten so dark? Said our neighbors on every side heard that, and they're at work in the city and they still heard it. I just want people to know, you know, I'm actually surprised how often every time we do a question box people ask how we know each other.
Speaker 5: Like, if you want this, if you really want the story, this is this true street.
Speaker 1: We need a laminated handout.
Speaker 4: In twenty seventeen, Sarah adopted me from the public toilets at Princess Park.
Speaker 5: She said, this girl looks sad.
Speaker 1: She looks like a hobo, and.
Speaker 4: Then she said I need toilet paper and I was in the next few books, So here you go, miss She said, Wow, let's be friends.
Speaker 5: That's really sorry.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even remember which episode we spoke about it in, but.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Do you know? What you know? I remember where we filmed this one. It was my birthday episode. Were in lawn and we pulled up the original message I sent you do you remember, and then Sam had put this like funny music for funny story. So I think find the episode from yeah in February two thousand and or.
Speaker 1: You find it and we'll put in the show notes for ease.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. Actually, I will do my job. I will find it for you.
Speaker 1: Long story shot when not related?
Speaker 5: Yes, that was another question. How are you related?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not related, not sisters as many people assume, but basically might as well be, is the answer. And Also, I've known and since she was six.
Speaker 5: So that age changes. Every time I knew she was two.
Speaker 1: It's always six. That's one thing in my time scale. I get correct, It's always.
Speaker 5: Six, No six or eight, it changes whatever.
Speaker 3: If I knew you when you were six, I would also have known you anyway.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 1: They're not usually.
Speaker 5: Exclusive, which leads a listen to the next question.
Speaker 1: This is the worst episode we've ever made.
Speaker 4: I think that every week, best lash, funniest friendship memory together.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, there are so many.
Speaker 4: Obviously has to be Christmas in Alex's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely, definitely the year that we all went to my late grandmother's house in the countryside with a group of our friends and had Christmas and Christmas and Newyears No just New Year's. We had New Years there, yep. And she is not a big drinker, and we had been trying to get her drunk just so we could see drunk, and for like a really long time, and then this night she was like, you know what, let's do it. We played Gooner Fortune and then there was an extra sock and if the sock landed on you, you had to do tequila shots. She has a lightweight at the best of times, but drunk, like half a bottle of a tequila I drank.
Speaker 4: I was like, screw your more if we're gonna go hard, and we want to go hard now.
Speaker 5: And it was like six pm. It was six pm, and then I was gone by like seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: By seven point thirty, she was face planted like bum in air, but face on grass with one gum boot where we have no idea where it came from a knee brace avocado all over your face because you wouldn't eat your dinner. And I have never been more angry. I don't think I've ever been angry at you, except that dame like seven.
Speaker 4: Pm, youd sport like I never I wouldn't it. I barely call it a fight because it was only one party was involved.
Speaker 1: It was not awake, and I am going to use as the cover of this episode, the photo of you with your like hilarious New Year's headband and your face down on the grass.
Speaker 4: I actually think the funnier one was me putting the torch in my face or trying to eat the avocado or something. But I actually genuinely think one of them I've realized probably one of the best memories was actually probably good Will hunting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: We had weird like it.
Speaker 4: Was unpla and what we were going to do. We kind of just had houses that we want to stand and everything else. We were like whatever, We'll just figured it out between three of us, and we were pretty fresh as friends and zan with Nick. But we had the best time.
Speaker 1: We were really fresh. Yeah, we wrote so and wrote from Adelaide to Melbourne for charity, but it was so fun and we just came with you randomly staying at airbnb's all along the way.
Speaker 4: And we didn't plan each day what each day was going to look like, and we just it became this little like weird gap like I was gonna say gap, yeah, but it wasn't.
Speaker 5: But it was like eight days, got a little backpacking trip. It was just so funny, like out in the wilderness.
Speaker 1: I also loved Cradle Mountain where we went together.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say second, second most mainly because that was really funny that I flew across by myself. Afterwards their people from the airport and then we just did Cradle phrase see and at that time it was like literally was like you were a child, really beautifu.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They had this beautiful accommodation that got off it, you know, with a fras and a and has that netting that you can lie outside and then outdoor bath time you can look at them, oh.
Speaker 1: In tazzy like the honeymoon sweet thing. And then we took the like school camp lodge so that we could have our little baby and with us true.
Speaker 4: Took the school camp lodge because I was gonna be there, and we played trivial pursuit, got thumped by Nick, and then remember that we went to Crane. We were in that we're in that hotel and I was in the trundle in.
Speaker 1: The corner of oh my god, yeah we did it. We had a one room. It wasn't even too rude.
Speaker 4: It was weird on this like king bed and then me on a camping trundle in the corner of the same room. And like you think that this was a story of when I was twelve, but I was twenty four.
Speaker 1: It was like two years ago.
Speaker 4: It was funnies just like we didn't even think of it that we didn't even think that it was at all weird or we just did it and it was really fun and it was very easy, and yeah, just like spontaneous a lot of road trips. We've had a lot of road trips. We bought it town.
Speaker 1: One of my other oh yeah, brought it town. One of my other favorites though, was when it was your birthday and you wanted like, well, all your favorite people, we knew you just want to be together and then and then we knew that you loved it. Then we knew that you love like hills, Andrewly loves hills and city skylights and also like being outdoors and picnic but being up high so you can see the city lights. But it was like a wet weather plan because it was raining. So we found this like airbnb that was forest themed so that covered like nature and it was in a high rise. It was up high in the city so you could see the city skyline and then we could all have a picnic on the ground in this forest and cl themed airbnb where everything was covered in like fake grass. The phone had like contact on it that was like log colored, and there were log pillows everywhere. That was so weird to sorry.
Speaker 4: That everyone could write like the public could write in about their experiences there and were it was like I could tell it was funny, and then it just got weirder and weirder, and then Nick was like.
Speaker 5: I could tell. Nick was like, I'm believing he's trying to be very positive for my birthday, but he was like, what the heck is his point?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty Oh god.
Speaker 5: Okay, on to the next question. Great question, very reminiscent.
Speaker 1: Of I can't believe if anyone is still listening, they deserve a trophy because I'm not even listening at this point. I'm going to do random quick fire questions, okay, and I'll do cricket.
Speaker 5: I'm going to skim through random questions.
Speaker 3: I'm not very good at one one word answer, so.
Speaker 5: One last longer one, but is how to keep spark alive.
Speaker 4: To live slash work with your bestie as well as having long distance s becties?
Speaker 1: You or Nick?
Speaker 5: Is that about well, supposedly we live together. Well basically, please.
Speaker 1: Oh how does SPA get the spark alive? I think the best thing about our friendship is we've never have to try. And I think that's because you are are a spark, Like the spark never dies. Really, it's just never been through a lull.
Speaker 5: But I think it's also because.
Speaker 4: We're both pretty communicative, Like we're both like if you're tired, like.
Speaker 5: It's a very but yeah, we are very You're right where it is going.
Speaker 4: I'm really sure I was going to get to the point where I was going to say the best thing about you for me is that I can be like we're going to do this random thing. You'll be like, yes, yeah. In that way, we can ever be very silly.
Speaker 5: And spontaneous, and it makes it fun and funny.
Speaker 1: I think also like you have to have a pinky promise, so you have to have like a line in your communication where it's like are you just saying that to make me happy? Or is that actually how you feel? Like that has been a game changer in our friendship, is like pinky promise, Like are you really telling me how you feel? You're just saying that to make me happy because that gets really hard to double guess people who are people pleasers. Yeah, but I think also the most beautiful thing is being with someone who's really different to you, but we both come each other's direction. Like when you're like, I'm taking you to an activity and you won't know what it is and bring bathers and goggles and I usually am like no, I'll just be like, yes, I trust you. And same as when I'm like, I'm going to make you wear makeup and we're going to go out somewhere fancy and you're like okay, cool, Like we kind of come each other's direction.
Speaker 5: It's true, it's true. Actually that's a good point again.
Speaker 4: Now, random questions, Yeah, which is more painful holding a pooh or we a pooh?
Speaker 1: Who's admitted that is a question?
Speaker 4: Was it you? No? It's odd.
Speaker 5: Well you can tell when it starts becoming people that asked on my change because it.
Speaker 1: Was a weird ad oh, I mean pooh yeah from my marathon story.
Speaker 5: Definitely poo Sarah and your MBT.
Speaker 4: I I don't really know what that is.
Speaker 5: I think it's like a sixteen personalities test, which we probably should do and just put up the answer.
Speaker 1: Oh, haven't done it. Yeah, we should do that.
Speaker 3: We'll do it live in our first episode next year.
Speaker 4: Someone ol mates brother in Brisbane ask how many milli liters of water can you hold in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to test that live as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should play guests and we'll put up a pole on what people think and then I'll go measure it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then also like how many jelly beans can you fit in your mouth?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Because that's fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 4: True? Actually, how are you so beautiful? Why is your girlfriend so hot? I don't know, it's natural. I was born like this.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's believe true.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe it's water and soap. Two questions passing any community events soon.
Speaker 4: We actually were organizing when we just couldn't larne up by the end of this year, but we'll probably have it at the start of next year.
Speaker 1: Yes, we would definitely do at least one more yeahhood event before bub arrives.
Speaker 5: What is the size of your boob in fingers?
Speaker 1: What in fingers?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Whose fingers?
Speaker 4: Well, this is obviously a question from Jen.
Speaker 5: What is your boob sized? And fingers like? Measure like your sister Jen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I say like it's like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, sorry, sorry sorry. I know why she's asking this, because I've just clicked. When I was young, I used to walk around being like I have the biggest boobies everyone, and then I used to lift them up with my two fingers like this and be like see.
Speaker 1: I would say three at this point, Wow.
Speaker 5: That's big. I reckon, mind's still that too. The same as when I was telling how many photos such videos do you have on your phone?
Speaker 4: On or eye cloud?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: To look at So I cleaned mine out recently, bim, I cleaned it out after clean out, after clean out, thirty six thousand, six hundred photos and videos or just photos videos three thousand, two hundred.
Speaker 4: My photos and videos combined fifty three thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 1: See my phone like gets to full before I have fifty thousand.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've paid for like like unlimited terrbytes or something stimulated.
Speaker 1: That you paid for something I know.
Speaker 5: Can you believe that's a subscription?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I can't.
Speaker 4: It's one of the I'm the worst. I start subscriptions that I never cancel them. When can we get some Judy and Banoi content. I'm going to Vietnam in March my sister's wedding, so probably then there is also if you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what it would be and why.
Speaker 5: That's a quick fire.
Speaker 4: So that's been quick.
Speaker 1: I would say every chapter, like nothing is a waste if you learn from it. Every chapter is part of you getting to where you're supposed to be and you're not meanted what that is my news?
Speaker 5: Continue and always be unapologetically yourself.
Speaker 1: Can that be the snippet?
Speaker 3: Always be buttlarly yourself?
Speaker 1: Hey, oh my god, we always be yourself.
Speaker 4: That's so good.
Speaker 5: That was really good.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to cut ourselves off.
Speaker 5: Where there's a few more quick bites. I'm just cut down to three tips on how to approach house innovations.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good planning. So in terms of like, before you go and lock someone in, do a little bit of research on different suppliers, ask people who have done it before, or use people before, like, do a lot of Pinterest boards research. I feel like being quite organized about what you want things to look like can make save you a lot of time later. Number two, be really communicative with your if you're doing it with your partner or a housemate or whatever. Really open communication, because it can be a really like everyone has really different expectations, and I think that's where things get stressful, is when you haven't communicated them. And then yeah, it can get really heated and budget always blows out. And I think if you're you have a really good strategy for like saying what you want out of it. Whose priorities are stronger, like there are some things I really cared about and some things I didn't, and vice versa, but nicks are working those out. And the number three would be always put more in your budget than you think, because it always ends up being more expensive. So don't like have your figure and then that's all you've got, Like add a buffer and make sure you have that buffer, because once you've started, you always uncover things that you didn't think you needed to do.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: One being actually okay, three more questions.
Speaker 4: Okay. One person asked, what was your meet you with your girlfriend? I'm assuming she's talking about me unless you have your friend. We met on the stroke ward. I always say this, and she gets really mad. Always say we met on the stroke ward and she was a patient. She's not a patient. We met on the stroke ward at the hospital because we both worked there. We're both in the Allied Health team and we work very closely together. And then one day I was like, well, she's really cute. This is after months of knowing each other, and then the rest is history. I shooted my shot. Okay, I think you can hear about it also in another podcast. We'll have to find that. And then just last question, I reckon what to round up this episode that has gone very delulu very quickly, Solu is what is the most delightful thing to happen this year? And then the most cringe thing? Okay, that's a second last that's the second last question because I've just found another last good last one.
Speaker 1: Okay, My most delightful thing to happen this year is our little boy on the way, and specifically, I think the first time we heard his heartbeat and the first time Nick could feel him kick, they have been like just such special moments etched into my mind. The most cringe thing, God, there are so many, so many. One that's really hard. There's just too many with me around my whole life. I don't know. I can't even think of one. That's just you can probably think of one.
Speaker 4: It's probably just every time you have to do a skit like us bringing that obnoxious light and hose of electrical wire to the cafe.
Speaker 1: To a cafe. Yeah, but you know, it's really bad. I don't even cringe about that anymore because I'm just so used to being like obnoxiously in public, Like I'm just so my standards for what people think about my bavior is so low that I'm not even embarrassed anymore. I'm just like, eh, I don't even know. Yeah, I don't have any really standout like, oh.
Speaker 5: God, cringe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My only cringe one is that one time I went to pick up room is Pooh and I really was trying to get it and then the bag ripped and.
Speaker 1: Use did you have to use a cup?
Speaker 4: Was that you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: That was one time with Paul I had to use a little protein bar because poo I didn't have a food bag. And the highlight is probably even like the like the runner up Best and Ferres, which is very unexpected. Yeah that was really cool. Yeah and then okay, so now last question for real, I promise you guys our lovely Katie kill girl very.
Speaker 1: A listener, Yeah, we love Katie.
Speaker 4: Said, what is one lesson you were taking into twenty twenty four and one that's staying in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think the biggest thing that comes from twenty twenty three for me that I will take into twenty twenty four is how and I think I talk about all the time anyway on Cca, just how like your life unravels in chapters, and like I've been in the same one for quite a while and then a really really different new one is starting, and that that involves so much uncertainty and discomfort, but it's kind of beautiful that at different stages of your life, different things will matter to you differently. Everything has new meaning and all the old things have different meanings, And like, my priorities have changed so much already, and I think that's part of evolution, Like I think the reminders you're meant to be a different person at every different stage of your life, and that's lovely when you feel yourself changing and.
Speaker 5: Then something you're going to leave behind.
Speaker 1: I think the flip side of that, like the me who put a lot of other things before the things that now really matter to me, like health, and being healthy enough to have a baby time with my family, especially now that we don't live with Mum, carving out time to spend with her, like maximizing those moments over anything else, which have always been a big priority for me, but probably not as much as suddenly since I'm like we're on the cusp of having our own family and realizing how I don't know how beautiful that is, and so much talk about adoption and stuff this year, Like I don't know, a lot of things have kind of reiterated themselves as the things that I really really care about, So leaving behind the me that is not the meat that's like super career driven. I'm still really career driven, but that being like the only thing I really cared about.
Speaker 3: Leaving that kind of like hustle, not leaving it behind, but just making it in the passenger seat.
Speaker 4: Maybe Yeah, for a little while, I think mine would be. I think I'll probably always bring it with me. Is It's a weird one because it's definitely it has probably a net positive outcome, but also has negatives to it is for me to continue saying yes to doing cool things, I feel like it's only really benefited me or enriched my life in the past, you know, like being able to try new things and do cool things and then be adventurous continue saying yes to opportunities has been really great for me. And then weirdly at the same time that I'll leave in twenty twenty three is actually I was going to say, say, protect my time were but I feel like this year I've done that very well.
Speaker 5: Is probably I guess.
Speaker 4: Giving too much of my time to things that don't better me or something or something.
Speaker 5: Something like that in a more articulate way. I'm sure there's more aricula saying that anyway, that's probably is.
Speaker 1: I also think I'll have next year, like more dot points to add to the My priorities are changing. But I also think, and I hope I'll be a good example that, like you can completely embrace motherhood in a new chapter and not abandon your career if you don't want to as well. I think that blend will be really interesting because my priorities have changed, but I'm also still smashing work at the same time, so I think there'll be heaps of conversations.
Speaker 3: Around the whole, like can you have it all? Like what does balance look like like? What that means to me next year versus this year. I love how no one's gonna understand that joke except me.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Well, we made it to the end. I'm very proud of you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we actually did an episode. Yeah, it was a close, so close, it was like two and a half minutes more, and I would have canceled for sure. In fact, now I'm like, maybe I just should have canceled.
Speaker 5: No, you know, you know, we always think it's silly, but it's a good road trip listen.
Speaker 1: And also I think it is a good example when people are like, do you guys ever have a lullin energy? It's like, just listen to the last episode of the year, because yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah every year, this time every year.
Speaker 1: I'm not God, I forgot to even talk about Richard Branson, so like separately we had an amazing I don't need to talk about it, but just quickly, like just so you know, that was so beautiful and so high energy, and I slept the entire rest of the day. So just never want to give the wrong impression that I'm not like crawling to the finish line. I mean, you saw me, do you see that where I slept, like in the dress that I was wearing with all my makeup, I slept for four hours because I was just like, you.
Speaker 5: Cannot anyway beautiful but worth it.
Speaker 1: So we're de Lulu. Merry Christmas, Happy silly season, festive season, whatever you celebrate, Happy end of the year. I hope you're all reflecting on your year and ready to seize your yeah again in twenty twenty four. If you want anything new or different from us next year, we have no plans. Obviously, we have no idea what we're going to be doing. But we are taking a couple of weeks off from this week and we'll be interstate and we will be with family, and then we'll be back like mid Johan. I think so maybe we will have done our surprise activities. Maybe not, who knows. I feel like this whole the yeahborhood is just surprise and delight. It's like, will it.
Speaker 5: Happened on another community event?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Will we be back in January? Won't we?
Speaker 5: Who knows? Is she really? Who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I hope you're all season you're Yeah, We'll see you in twenty twenty four, And thank you so much for listening for this year. It's like a fourth year and I still can't believe people are still listening and we love you so much.