Speaker 1: Welcome to the Seize the Yay Podcast. Busy and happy are not the same thing. We too rarely question what makes the heart seeing. We work, then we rest, but rarely we play and often don't realize there's more than one way. So this is the platforms to hear and explore the stories of those who found lives They adore, the good, bad and ugly. The best and worst day will bear all the facets of Seizing your Yea. I'm Sarah Davidson or a spoonful of Sarah, a lawyer turned funentrepreneur who swapped the suits and heels to co found matcha Maiden and matcha Milk Bar. Sees the Ya is a series of conversations on finding a life you love and exploring the self doubt, challenge, joy and fulfillment along the way.
Speaker 2: Hello, Welcome by Oh my god, I had to swore that s so far as we just started as I took a drink of water.
Speaker 1: What have you come as? She's wearing like a straw hat that looks very fashion if you wear it with the right ensemble, but it's with like gym clothes.
Speaker 2: Anytime, Scarecrow, anytime I crossed the river and I got to be busy. I have to come busy today. I'm Wendy.
Speaker 3: Hi, Wendyoo, Wendy, and my best friend's name is Darlene.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a nice little narrative you've got.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad we got to do our part two so soon after.
Speaker 1: It was meant to come out seven days after and it's been what two weeks, and we haven't even recorded it, let alone put it out. It's fine, we have we have.
Speaker 2: Very good reason though. You are seven weeks away from giving back my seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so weird. Thirty three weeks today, he's a pineapple.
Speaker 2: The spikes hurt.
Speaker 1: That's what Nick said, you guys have been hanging out to. Yeah. I said, he's really hurting me. Like I sent him a little app from like screenshot saying what fruit he is this week? And he was like, and I said, Oh, he's really hurting me because he's so big and he's trying to make space. Apparently he doubles in size again from now And I was like, every time he moves, like you can feel like you can literally feel which limb is kind of moving across the belly. And so I said Oh, he's really hurting me today. And it goes from the spikes, from the acidity. He's like, all that skin looks spiky, and then.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: How how But that's not really a reason, Like I'm using it as a reason. But I think this year I've just been really like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, my thing is a very valid reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's valid, but it's not the reason. I'm just using it as the reason.
Speaker 2: I'm You don't like me say it.
Speaker 1: No, you've been here a lot of times. Just every time. I'm like, let's just do it like another day, because.
Speaker 2: I am the common denominator.
Speaker 1: Let's just do it like another day. Yeah, we've just gone down a hill and came on board. We've just gone downhill.
Speaker 2: But speaking of pregnancy, how is he tracking? Normal? Site is in normal size?
Speaker 1: His normal size. He's apparently got like a bit of a big hedge of course of your side, a little big head, very very busy baby.
Speaker 2: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: He's just started to like move all the time now, like all the time. He's just renovating in there, which again doesn't.
Speaker 2: Surprise amazing nick Son.
Speaker 1: Nick Son, a laundry.
Speaker 2: He's building his laundry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's got a double in size, so like, I don't know how he's going to make room in there, but he's super busy.
Speaker 2: Does he have a height?
Speaker 1: It's like forty two centimeters at the moment, which is well, it's hard to tell because the app tells you kind of what you should be up to, you see, but then you we have checkups. They get closer together. So we've got checkups every fortnight at the moment, but we only you only get like the big scan of like the whole full tour of his body and all the measurements. I think it's four times three times during the pregnancy, and next one in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: So so excited.
Speaker 1: That's when you get like the three D face again.
Speaker 3: Two weeks time, isn't then you're five weeks You could you could give both any.
Speaker 1: Sacred I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Every time you do like a pood, do you feel like this could be it?
Speaker 1: Not really? No, I kind of thought that there would be the case, but no, no, not really.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really nervous.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: I'm not even the one given the baby, but I'm very nervous.
Speaker 1: Well, we've been doing. We've been doing amazing birth.
Speaker 2: Classes as you went to one yesterday, all the rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Valentine's Day, that was our little Valentine's Day activity, and all the right research and support. We have so many amazing experts around us. My ob is the best. I feel like it's also really we've been so fortunate that we have so many friends who have done it before us, so I don't feel like it's foreign, like of course I've never done it before. Of course it's scary, but it's not if you were the first person in your group and you had no one to talk to, just getting an idea of you know, I don't know. I just feel like the terminology is a little bit more familiar. And I'm just so excited to meet him me too, especially now he's so big. Like when you can really feel movements and you know it's a foot or something, you can connect it so much more to like that is like, that's my kid. So when he comes out, he's going to be a little human just already.
Speaker 3: Looks like yeah, because so because you don't have any lineage other than you, I know.
Speaker 2: And then Nick's got Nick and his mum and there's no further kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like adoption on both sides. You're such a mystery. But I keep saying that, now that I've realized he's my first blood relative, I'm like, I can't wait for him to look like me. Imagine if he looks nothing like me, he looks like me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of girlfriends in the Korean group where we were all adopted at the same time, and they were the same. They're like, oh my god, it's going to be my first blood relative. And two of their babies look nothing like look fully Caucasian, not even half age. Really yeah, Like one of them's ginger, and she's like, where did you come did.
Speaker 2: You come from?
Speaker 1: Literally money to come from? So but Nick doesn't have ginger.
Speaker 2: All those shame is really but you don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't you could have. Can you imagine? Oh, it's like such a mystery. Imagine if he gave birth to ed sheeran imagine would be so rich. But I think, like the thing that's fascinating me now every day I have a brain explosion about oh my god, the minute he comes out, he's like a little human, like he's his own little human but also like, what's he going to like? Is he gonna like in how like some kids are just obsessed with transport and some are like under the sea, and some are like, like, what's he going to be? Like? I can't wait?
Speaker 2: I feel like that's why you guys are good. You'd let him be whatever he wants to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if he wants to play kanga cricket with Annie, and like he wants to play cacre cricket with.
Speaker 2: But if he wants to do ballet, he'll do ballet maybe Billy Elliott, Billy Elliott.
Speaker 1: But it's so cute just thinking about all those things now, like what's his little personality going to be like? And the closer it gets, the more you can actually imagine, like of course he doesn't come out with interests and hobbies and play the a but like eventually first.
Speaker 4: Episode back busy and knowing the baby today he's been in the world for a week and so tell us about the birth from your perspective, So that's about when you.
Speaker 2: Were younger to die, you had and what about your your neighborhood must be so beautiful, it must be so supportive, and what are your favorite books?
Speaker 1: What is one book you would recommend to this community. It's like a very hungry caterpillar.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about things like like social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been a really hard one because I'm such an oversharer, Like you know, I'm really private with people. If something involves people who aren't as public as me about or who don't share as much or not aren't comfortable with it, then all of that, Like my family life is super private because none of them are on social media, and they don't kind of it's not their default. But with my own stuff, I'm so open and I share so in real time. And it's such a weird decision to make because it is it suddenly does involve someone else, and it involves someone who can't make decisions for themselves, And but it will also be unusually if I suddenly was like, I'm not sharing anything. So I haven't really decided yet. I think Nick and I have talked about it a lot, like do we show parts but not his face? Or is there an age cut off where you know when they're babies, they're not as Nick just said, exclusively bum.
Speaker 2: But at two years old, that's too far for that.
Speaker 1: It's too far forbum yeh yeh.
Speaker 5: So bummies identify about me recognizable bum you know, like when they're Some people are of the opinion that when their babies, they're less identifiable, so you can show them when they're babies, but when they grow into like toddlers that are at school and stuff, that's when you hide their face.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's like there's so many different options of how to approach it, and we haven't really found where we're kind of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you sit with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I imagine with you both, a lot of it will be when the time comes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's most comfortable. I agree though with the.
Speaker 3: Also, I think it's different coming from a person that hasn't doesn't have a child. I think your perspective changes once you once you have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've always felt like babies never look.
Speaker 1: Like they they end up looking. Yeah, they develop very differently.
Speaker 3: Like if I look at my photo, I was like, okay, you look I tangerine.
Speaker 1: No, I think I had drawn. I gave it all of your childhood photos.
Speaker 2: You look identical.
Speaker 1: You never a lot different. No, No, you look exactly the same.
Speaker 2: That is going on. That is you, that is.
Speaker 1: You right now, Look that you are.
Speaker 2: I didn't we gotta put this up you.
Speaker 1: Okay. Most babies look very very different from when they're fit.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 3: You have not changed a photo of me as a probably I don't know, five days old and is now. People normally have faces that go over long downwards across, which it still is.
Speaker 2: And I don't think I had to defined like chin, look that's chin. You are the.
Speaker 1: Same, that is you now, that's you now, and that is bim. Come on, you are exactly that.
Speaker 2: There's one photo problems on my face, and I'm looking very solemn, probablycause not many.
Speaker 1: People who look as similar in now as they do in their childhood as you. You've not really changed.
Speaker 2: My hairstyle definitely hasn't changed.
Speaker 1: Your little baby hairs.
Speaker 2: Well, baby hairs have not changed. You know.
Speaker 1: I've got a message saying like, oh did I send it to you? Oh? I think you did something about like I can't take a I don't recognize Andre without her baby hairs. Yeah, And I was like, oh, do you know Angre? And they're like no, I just used to hear their baby hairs. I was like, oh yeah, anyway, Yeah, so pregnancy going really well. Just I feel like the first trimester because of how everything went for us was so slow, and then everything since then it has been like, how are we at thirty three? Like, yeah, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. Weeks nine months sounds like a long time. I don't know when you say it, like if you say, you know, yeah, I'm February to whatever. Yeah, But now that it's happened, I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like it went really fast. Yeah it was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yesterday when you told us, But how are your fatigue levels?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the first couple of weeks where like I felt really good in the second trimester, and I think I've even like we did a few episodes were on the baby moon, I was like, I'm feeling myself, like I don't feel sick anymore. My body's a miracle. I was like naked all the time, and I just felt like mother Nature. And then you kind of get a little bit further into the third trimester and you're carrying like a lot of weight, Like you're carrying a whole extra human who's now pretty much viable, like could survive outside the womb, has like fully fledged organs, and that's so much more than your hips and pelvis and stuff has ever had to walk around with all day. So just in the last week, I've started to feel pretty tired from like where whereas I would normally be able to do like a couple of activities in one day, I kind of am like, I do one and then I'm like, I'm not really functional, so I get tired really quickly, and just you're just a bit sore, Like everything's got pressure, so everything's just a little bit harder to move around. I'm so grateful I have so much support with acapuncture and osteo for the sciatica, and Nick's been amazing with like massage and I'm sitting a breats and uber eats, I'm sitting on footballs and like trying to do all the right things as well, like not lying on my back. And we had I think since I kind of remember it was since the last time we recorded. Oh, the other reason why we delayed recording was we had a bit of a family surprise with a health issue, and that kind of threw everything a little bit off track, and that like adds a lot of fatigue because your body just is already dealing with a lot of stuff, so yeah, and you're still working pretty I'm still working pretty normal at nine workload, i'd say, and it's because I'm still really enjoying it and there's still like a lot of a lot of amazing things coming up in the next couple of weeks. But I've called it at about thirty six, which is probably later than I thought I would work. But I also feel better than I thought I would by now, if that makes sense. Yeah, like I thought by thirty three i'd be immobile, and I'm still kind of doing.
Speaker 3: Stuff and I feel like some moms are really Like today at the gym, there was a mom at the gym doing lunges like a pregnant leader.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, you know what, kudos to you. Yeah, and there's something I get no lunch And what's that runner?
Speaker 3: I think it was Jes stre and Grove or something anyway, one of the Australian rather and runners.
Speaker 2: She was running. Oh yeah, I couldn't running at thirty something weeks. I was like that, that's actually really crazy.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, but it's also really really interesting to see how much like there's certain milestones that make sense where if a pregnant woman says at X weeks you kind of know vaguely what their symptoms are up to or vaguely what size the baby is. But the variation in how much people can do at different times, it's just completely different for everyone. So someone who's at thirty three might look literally like they're about to pop, can't move walking stick walking frame, and then someone else is running marathons same time, tiny bump like it's just and even women the same woman between pregnancies can have like completely different growth rates and it's just so weird, like you've just got to deal with what your body kind of throws at you and you don't know what's going to happen. But I really have liked how much that makes you just surrender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and labor at that actually, which surprises me.
Speaker 1: You're usually good at that.
Speaker 3: I agree you normally like I keep going no matter what, but you're at being like, listen to my body, so you just don't.
Speaker 1: Have a choice. And also labor's been like that as well, Like we've you know, done so much birth education on all the different options, but you can have your preference, but like at the end of the day, you really have no idea what's going to happen, like you have no control. Just because you want to do it one way, it doesn't mean that your body's going to cooperate or the baby's going to cooperate. And yeah, it's been real exercise in like letting go and just you can't plan anything because I don't know if I like, next week could be the week that suddenly my body's like no.
Speaker 2: Next week you could pop a baby out technically, or like in four weeks time, I could still be like exactly the same.
Speaker 1: You just you just really have to do.
Speaker 2: It either before March nineteen, after master thiney night. It's quite vital. It's cool.
Speaker 1: I am so so upset Andrew's sister, who is the very Actually this is so interesting. People still ask how we met, which just like blows my mind.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: It was that time in the toilet cubicle when you didn't have tolet paper, said anyone.
Speaker 2: Got the paper.
Speaker 1: You can't say that because people believe you, and it should have been noting it.
Speaker 2: You literally said prop prop blop and so I'm really sorry pooed everywhere I need and I you were six years so I climbed under because you were small enough and I gave you the toy paper and then I said, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, you are you ya, let me wipe your bump for you say.
Speaker 1: Andrew's eldest sister was one of my closest friends all the way through high school, and her wedding is like across our Jude dated like Vietnam.
Speaker 2: I remember that when we Catherine invited you and it was like a yes from you Nick and your mom, Oh yeah were I was like, oh my god, we got to go on because.
Speaker 1: We want we wanted to go to Vietnam with you for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like your mom didn't go to friends because she thought she'd go with your fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So we were like, oh my god, it's finally happening.
Speaker 3: And in that same week you found out the dud date you were pregnant and the Jude date, and I was like, what are the chances?
Speaker 1: So I had nothing in any calendar at any time except like the nineteenth of March twenty twenty four. That's like juju, that's like you, that's like thirty eight. Could wouldn't be allowed to fly even if I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like selfishly, I was like, please please hold it on until I get back because it's very important and I have to go to answerdam afterwards, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, really doing my life, how do I get back?
Speaker 3: Do I come like this day or this day because this like Sarah's giving birth on the fifth or whatever in the start of April and then crisis drough the fifth of May.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do it? As if like I'm giving birth or something.
Speaker 3: And I was like kind of, so please hold on because and then here I am being like, what's what research paper.
Speaker 2: Can I find? Whether it says please hold on to my sne so it's scientific food?
Speaker 1: Can I make it?
Speaker 2: I was like, so now I'm like really fingers crossed because it's touch and go. I feel like in the time that otherwise I'll.
Speaker 1: Just FaceTime you. No.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It's very exciting.
Speaker 1: Though, So yeah, it's such an exciting time. It's all become really real in the life since the birth classes. I think, since it's become like we're not just researching this in theory. It's like this is you soon, like you are going to have to get this out of you.
Speaker 3: And then have you I think this is a question that we've got anyway, but I want to ask have you got because I actually don't know dance to this.
Speaker 2: A birth plan.
Speaker 1: Yes, have a birth plan. And so we have a dueler who is amazing, and they're sort of your birth support person. So the obstetrician is your doctor, and they're in charge of all the medical procedure of getting the baby out of you, for your health, for the baby's health, everything at the sort of technical medical end. And then the dueler is there for your obviously they're so experienced in childbirth, but also for your emotional state to get you through like the mindset of it, and guide you through each kind of a step of the way. And because in the hospital I didn't know this until recently, but your ob isn't there all the time. They kind of in and out. You're mostly with midwives. In the private system, you will you could have a few because it depends on how many different shifts. In the public system. Again, you could have a few, and you don't know who that is in advance. And so the dueler is like the one consistent kind of birth advocate who knows all your preferences, who's been there with you in advance and can be the person who's like between you and the system.
Speaker 2: You don't have to keep saying door, You're going to say my.
Speaker 1: Name, Doylely, you look like a totally right now. So lots of PEO will give birth without them, but I just wanted that consistency of care, and especially after kind of our first miscarriage, I thought, like all the support that I can get in the room, to have a person who's been in the whole way anyway. So we have this amazing doller who you've all if you follow me on socials, you've all seen nurtured birth. Sarah is amazing and her team is amazing, and we have she's doing our birth education because actually at the moment, most of the hospitals are doing them online and I wanted like an in person experience. And yeah, she doesn't call it a plan because she's like nothing ever grossed a plan because she's delivered like hundreds of babies and she's worked really closely with our ob Danielle as well, so they're like a team that knows how to work together. But you do a preferences her approaches. You write down all your preferences, so the order of what you would like in terms of like natural versus cesarean versus natural, like vaginal with drugs, vagina without drugs with drugs in order, like, you know, do you want any pain relief? Do you want it to be offered to you? And she kind of like helps you know, all the questions that could come up and then gets now what your preference is so that when you're like totally out of it and you don't necessarily you can't advocate for yourself, that she can then communicate those preferences. So, yes, we have like my preferences for every single possibility that could come up. But then at the same time, if something's medically necessary, it's medically necessary.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're pretty much just like whatever happens happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of like this is the default, this is what I would like, this is my dream scenario, and then if this happens, then this. If this happens, then this, And we've kind of gone through each thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, exciting. Should we do a separate episode on your birth plan or is that private information?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But I think we should, Well, we should do one on the birth after it and then compare the plan.
Speaker 2: Oh, compare the pair.
Speaker 1: Compare the pair. Yes, compare the pineapple. Compare, although by then not be compared the watermelon.
Speaker 2: Well that's smooth, yeah, at least large, but smooth.
Speaker 1: And it's so interesting, like half of the plan will be irrelevant, you know what I mean, Like it can.
Speaker 3: Only get just one way because some people have really strong It's like, you know, I saw this thing the other day.
Speaker 2: It's like when you meet someone that's been your friend for so long and then you realize that, like like uber religious, you wouldn't have you wouldn't have guessed otherwise. Yeah, don't change and be like, oh, like I wouldn't have known you were like Orthodox Greek or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's interesting. It's like, oh, I wouldn't have known you exactly cesarean.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have known you were so like. I think people feel really strongly against EPI drils, which I don't like. Again, I think it's because I've never had to be in a situation, but I think working in the hospital also I have a desensitized idea of dangers of things like drials. Yeah, normally that's people's biggest concerns. But yeah, like things like people's really strong views towards a drug or no drug or definitely no cesarean or definitely cesarean or whatever is interesting, not like anyone's ever better than the Othercacy outcomes saying more very similar, but it's very interesting to no.
Speaker 2: But I feel like yours was. I'm not liable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't go in like I must do it this way. I'm very much like the medical experts will guide me. And I trust our rob so much that she wouldn't go for an option until it was medically necessary. So she'll give you the best chance at a natural birth without pain relief. And if I couldn't do that, there'd be a reason, And I'm not the right person to say what that reason, if that makes sense, Like, if she's telling me I need to I'm not going to go no, ye totally, or if I need a C section, I'm not going to say no against medical advice, if that makes sense. So I'm like like flexible, but I know what my base preference would be, which would be natural.
Speaker 3: I get one more preping question. Yeah, would you do like the whole stand in the shower thing?
Speaker 2: Okay? Does everyone do that?
Speaker 1: Everyone does that?
Speaker 2: Oh right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so you get like your birthing area, and some of them have a pool as well. Some of them just you imagine it's like an Olympic size room and a diving bod. Some of them have a pool, but most of them you'll have a shower and because like so you learn so much on my god, active labor where you're actually like pushing and screaming and like that kind of I don't want.
Speaker 3: To that's very short, okay, thank god, because I would be too stress seeing my friend in pain.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's also really weird. Half the training around birth education is learning that for the one time in your life, it's it's it's normal pain, Like it's good pain. Like there's obviously a level where you in distress versus where you're just working hard. But they're like, it's hard. Labor is hard, and it's especially hard, like for Nick, a lot of his training has been around normally if you saw her like that, you would think she was dying. And you have to train your brain that this is supposed to be like that. You're just supposed to help support her through it.
Speaker 2: But I just got she was thinking about stressed. I wouldn't know what to do. I'd be like a lot of.
Speaker 1: It is like the pre labor where the contractions are getting closer together, but you're not actually pushing so and it's still really uncomfortable. So in that time, people are like rolling on the ball, They're going in the shower, they're out of the shower. They're like, you're trying to create as much oxytocin as possible because your pain levels are lower if you have more oxotocin. So it's like get rid of the adrenaline. You'd like candles, you play music, Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: You're just going to be like.
Speaker 1: I've already told it, like if you want, if you want ottocin in my body, it's gonna be She's like classical, what do you want? I'm like house music where guys, yeah, literally literally, if you want me in a mode where I feel pumped up, like I can do this, It's like, don't you worry each other it? Actually, I'm not king.
Speaker 2: You are like the biggest fan.
Speaker 1: I would actually put money on the fact that at some point I'm going to ask someone to play that song.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised if it wasn't the first song on your least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if there's a moment where I'm like, I can't do it, Like when when we ran the half marathon, the bits where I was like, I can't do this. I put on Swedish House my fee, and then I can do it. I knew it, and she made me write it down. She's like, write that down because that'll be useful. You know, I'm not writing that, but this remix, not the radio edit. I want the specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah literally, Okay. So that was my last like probing question that I personally have.
Speaker 1: Because actually I can't wait to do the birth story episode because I will be so fascinated to break down the psychology of it all. It's so psychological.
Speaker 2: I like, am I'm quite your stress than I am.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, Oh my god, what's your heart rate doing?
Speaker 2: I haven't turned off from when I went to the gym three hours ago? What is it?
Speaker 1: What is it recording your heart right?
Speaker 3: My whole gym session has been since I've been doing it for three hours.
Speaker 1: Oh you're so active? Oh my okay, Also, oh my god, you're update before we even get into BIM it's been twenty seven minutes. We haven't started Part two. Other questions yep, which is so chaotic. You did a triathlon since our last episode.
Speaker 2: I finished a triathlon, is what. I didn't do it. I just you didn't do it. I just got to the end.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the psychology of getting through some intelliging. So Ann slept over. We had a family sleep over the night before. Yes, that was really cute.
Speaker 2: That was a good prep. I have to say.
Speaker 1: Actually, and wore her wet suit half the night because a.
Speaker 2: YouTube comment I read said you should season it season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said season it gross. It's so gross.
Speaker 2: Ill. Well, most of my education trython wise it was through YouTube comments, comments and Instagram comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the original comments.
Speaker 3: They better than they provide all of the extra It's like the nuggets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the like yeahborhood wisdom.
Speaker 2: What's in a book where it's like the extre info, the.
Speaker 1: Appendages, the appendix appendages like the penises limbs, you mean, like the footnotes, like extra comments, yeah, extra comments, so not appendages.
Speaker 2: Use. It was a great. It was a great. It was actually really fun. It was fun.
Speaker 3: It was a fun thing to do. It was funny because I went back. I've always wanted to do an Olympic distance. Yeah, for like since The first one I ever did was to that and in sixteen, okay a long time ago, and I didn't know how to swim, so YouTube how to swim.
Speaker 2: So that's my swimming knowledge. And I was weird because you're really sporty.
Speaker 3: We just never swam like we got You know, when you do it and you're in that's grimary school and you do it in prep and then you kind of can continue outside of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going too. I just did that like we did.
Speaker 1: We could sweat, like you wouldn't have drowned.
Speaker 2: I probably would have drowned.
Speaker 1: Okay, you couldn't swim like.
Speaker 3: No, no, Like we could swim, but like, my my ability to trade water was very minimum. I could do it for like a minute. I was like, so technically, yeah, I would drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need one of those baby necks.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but it was like somewhat like comfortable in the water. I wasn't like I could I could do freestyle. I couldn't do it for like fifty.
Speaker 1: Meters yeah, okay, not like yeah, so in that.
Speaker 3: Sense, yeah, I was like we we went to the ocean. I would spend all my time in the.
Speaker 2: Water as a kid. Yeah, boogie boarding and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So in that sense, I kind of wouldn't drown straight away, but one day rescued probably would be on that in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I would be pulled, I would not figure out that I was in a rope.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, okay, yeah probably yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that was my first one. I learned how to swim, and then I really only ever swim when I'm in my mind I'm going to do a trifle in the near future, so kind of every like very sporadically go back into the pool. So I did that one that was a sprint one, and that was really fun. But I trained really hard for that, Like I was.
Speaker 2: Like in apule A lot.
Speaker 3: I did a lot of brick sessions, which is where you do a bike and a run after the other in a single session.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then this one.
Speaker 3: I was always going to do a sprint one, and I was like, oh, I want to see if I can make it for the Olympic distance. So I picked up swimming again and started swimming a lot more, maybe like twice a week.
Speaker 1: What is what are the Olympic distances for those?
Speaker 2: So it's one point five klumbitter open water. I swim and then a forty k by grid in a ten game came on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still freaking long.
Speaker 3: Because I was like running and cycling. Like cycling, I didn't even train for.
Speaker 1: I guess your day to day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I do en circle as much as I used to, but I feel like I've cycled enough in my experience to be muscle comfortable with it. And then running, I had been running a little bit and that was like enough, like a couple of times a week. So I kind of was training for the Try, but I also wasn't training for the Try. Like I was doing all the elements, but not to the distances that I probably should have or in the programming that I should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was like, you know what, I only have.
Speaker 3: One opportunity to this bloody Try this season because after the next one, I'm going to be in Vietnam for the wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like, if I do it, I have to do either the Janguine or the feed one.
Speaker 3: I was like, there's no way I could do the jain one, Okay, So it's like I'll just have to do the fed one. So four days, five days before I signed up for it, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: I thought you knew a little bit earlier that you were doing.
Speaker 2: No, I was always going to do the March three one.
Speaker 3: The feb eleven one was kind of like a see how if I think I can manage it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So I had swum like up to a kilometer in the pool, which is I was like, so good.
Speaker 2: And then when I was in the water.
Speaker 3: When I was in the water in the race, was when I decided to reflect on my training seeing if I could do it. And I was like, I never actually swam at NonStop like i'd be swimming like chatting after one hundred meters, chatting.
Speaker 2: After in the condo meters. And I was like, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Also open water versus like I know is very.
Speaker 3: While I'm in open water again, I'm reflecting on my open water something experiences, I was like, so I've done two oh wow.
Speaker 2: One was that first try and the second was bar and heads.
Speaker 3: Was this not open water where I thought I was actually gonna die because I had to do backstroke two years ago and the only other time I swam more than six hundred meters. Actually I've never swum I had never swum more than.
Speaker 2: Six hundred meters open water.
Speaker 3: And the only other time I swam six hundred was four days before when I tried out the wetsuit that I got off Facebook Marketplace Nice.
Speaker 1: Four days before Nice.
Speaker 2: I was like, don't worry, I'm prepared. I don't know what in my brain thought I was prepared for this.
Speaker 1: That's a nat How did you get through the self doubt like it? I'm going to think about it.
Speaker 3: I genuinely obviously didn't think about it, and that was why how I did it. I didn't have time to think about it because we had the lunar New Year coming up, but a lot of happy year we had, like my birthday.
Speaker 2: We just had a lot of things, and so I was just training the elements, but not training probably well enough for it anyway. But in my mind I was like, oh, like I'd back myself just to finish it anyway, not in any special time, but I just knew that I could probably just finish it get through. At the minute I got on that water, self.
Speaker 1: Doubt, stress, imposter syndrome plus.
Speaker 2: One day rescue on call, like it was just.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm deceased.
Speaker 3: I had had like so I knew I think anyone that's done a trithleon kind of knows the feeling of going in the water and getting quite highly anxious about the things that are happening around you. Like there's a lot of water splashing, a lot of people, everyone's going really fast, you can't see the bottom of the water.
Speaker 2: So I had practiced a little bit in past.
Speaker 3: Like the last probably open water swim that I did really honing into like relaxing and being like you can't have to find a meditative state in a sense, particularly if you're not a strong swimmer. Yeah, so everyone jumps in and they're like fast and I was like one two.
Speaker 1: One, Mississippi, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, it's not working because everyone I was so everyone was going so fast and I look up and everyone's like and then the girl next to me, I was like trying to keep up with her, and she was in such a she wasn't even wearing a wet suit. I was like, oh my god, you guys are amazing. So I'm really really trying hard to get it into a rhythm and I just can't, Like I just can't count, I can't slow down, I can't like everything's like really stressful.
Speaker 1: So you don't get stressed either, like you're not really a stress head.
Speaker 3: No, it's a different experience being stressed out there because you can't catch your breath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you get under water. Yeah. So it took me three hundred hole meters to find a state where I was.
Speaker 1: Like I got this, I'm not trowning.
Speaker 3: So I finally one two three, like one two three, one two three. I look up the group behind me is lapping me. So now there's more like fluffing.
Speaker 2: So I was like distrusting to be kind of again, and I do another three hundred anyway, so it's that by five hundred meters, I was like, my manchi, was you finish when you feel well?
Speaker 1: I was like, like, just don't drown it pretty much well, so I swam as well as like like I actually swam frees o the whole way.
Speaker 2: I thought I would have had to go backstroke or whatever.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I was truly going to drown, but I definitely was like I can't swim any faster than this, and I thought that was.
Speaker 2: Fast except the so I was f group. I was like, I'm pretty sure Q is coming back to me right now. I was like, this is terrible.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, And I had.
Speaker 3: Kept having to think, like I really kept having to be like, you can't catch up to them, don't feel like you can't catch with them, don't feel like you have to catch up to them.
Speaker 1: To just run your own r Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to really just be like, get there when you want to get there, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: And the other thing was I got my period the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god, I can't back. You texted me that. I was like, are you joking? It was a tragedy.
Speaker 2: It was true tragedy. I did.
Speaker 3: I thought I may, but my period, like I kind of can know approximate time, but I never know the exact date. And I just had a feeling it was going to come on that day and I did my first pooh, fine, second pooh.
Speaker 2: I was there when you did do first Yeah, and I was fine, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just in case anyone wanted to know who was there, I was in the toilet.
Speaker 2: Breakfast yeah. And then second three, I was like no.
Speaker 3: And for me, recently, my day once have gotten much more increasingly like crampy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really uncomfortable. Yeah, like I don't ever take pain mads. You know this yeah, and I kind of have to take painmads.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's like, oh, this is gonna be the worst. So anyway, my partner's out there, so supportive, so great. The tracker on there obviously is just going by the time of like the of the group or something, because I don't think in the water they can really e gauge what time. And the tracker says that I'm done in like twenty five minutes, and so she's wet, and so she's like texting my other friend casping like it says that she's done. Do you think she's done? And cast gooes, how long has it been? And she goes twenty five minutes because like absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Because like other people from my group are finishing, and she's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: She She's like, I know, and she's not there forty.
Speaker 2: Five minutes to do this stupid swim.
Speaker 1: That's too good that you did it. Well.
Speaker 2: I was very proud.
Speaker 1: I was like open water swim at all. Its very amazing, very like I.
Speaker 3: Was like, you know what, just and I was like when I did my final turn, I was like so happy with myself.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud.
Speaker 3: This is very seasy A yeah, The only time was when I was swimming and I thought I was having a good, like little spiel of swimming. So, yeah, I feels so strong over and I look over and this is like probably middle aged woman doing breaststroke like lapping me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, it's like when you do the Mother's Day Classic and it's like four k's and you're like, haven't had a kid and your pelvis is totally fine and youthful, and you're going up the and a stry and them with hill and the mom with like the twins, he's also pregnant. It's like going fast.
Speaker 2: Year.
Speaker 3: I was like, I actually can't swim faster than this. I don't even know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I finish that and then the rest was like a really there was other there's elements, and there's always elements in a try that aren't gonna be favorable. There was winds, like quite intense wins.
Speaker 3: On the ride from baby fighting, from me fighting, from people in front of me fighting.
Speaker 2: The transition.
Speaker 3: It was really long, but I I, yeah, I was really comfortable in the bike, which I thought. I actually thought I would not. I would struggle more on the bike because I often probably were an overconfident on the bike.
Speaker 2: But it was a really nice ride. I know.
Speaker 3: I that's the one thing. I also have ridden that route a bajillion times. Yeah, okay, so I knew the route like in all of its undulations, but I didn't know the ok.
Speaker 1: Okay, the devils whatever. Anyway, it was undulating. Okay, you don't understand. You wouldn't even know you're you know, you didn't do English language at Macrov whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, and then the run.
Speaker 3: Also never done that route before, but I backed myself on the run. Also, I wasn't trying to beat any time special time on kind of.
Speaker 2: But it was thirty degrees. It was that Sunday.
Speaker 1: I thought it was such a hot day.
Speaker 2: It was such a hot day.
Speaker 1: I tried to get up the stairs, and I called it was disgusting. I walked up stairs.
Speaker 2: The most fun thing was just like all my friends came to watch.
Speaker 3: So anytime I went past the specific spot, they were like obnoxiously.
Speaker 1: Loud to the point where I was like other friends or my other friends. I mean, I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: No, you were trying to get up the stairs, that's where you were.
Speaker 1: I couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I really enjoyable experience. Well not be able to swim, but whenever we got it done, so.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It was it was really fun and so many themes of like the psychology of getting through something. It's so much more in your brain than like your body for so many things like obviously you have to train physically, but like you'll you're what do they say your brain will give up way before your body will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think because I didn't have any pressure and I genuinely don't, like, I don't ever really.
Speaker 1: Go I need to win.
Speaker 2: Do you get nervous?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't really do nervous poohs ever because I don't ever have a time.
Speaker 1: I love how you're like people ask me if I'm nervous, I don't do nervous poos. As if poo were even part of that question whatsoever, It's implied nothingulation of the ground meant who was involved?
Speaker 2: You did not even you don't even speak the enemies anyway. That was the try summary.
Speaker 1: But we don't have to get to forty one minutes so far.
Speaker 2: Question this questions to be fast fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, always very slow fire, but we did do questions. I'm going to try and do fast fire because like my pelvis can't sit on the forner.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I did also have one more segment I wanted to bring in because fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was I'll do this before the questions.
Speaker 3: Actually, and it's for you to think about for the time. What did your parents tell you? Yeah, was like illegal to do.
Speaker 1: That to love question and it's definitely when you're driving in the car and you turn on the light, they're like, you're absolutely crash and police will pull you over. I thought i'd die.
Speaker 3: Dad was like, it's illegal to cross your arms when you when you turn the steering wheel.
Speaker 2: Oh, like the cross Yeah.
Speaker 1: He fully was like actually, actually, yeah, I don't know. I don't think it's illegal. I don't think it's illegal. But my other one was like if you eat before you swim, like if you eat within thirty minutes of swimming, like your vomit or something something about eating and swimming. And then oh, there's so many.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Okay, guys, submit yours for next time because we'll do that next time. We also have to give a shout out to your Portland family because you irresponsibly did not shout them out last time. This is a very important segment of the neighborhood guys concentrate.
Speaker 2: I have never gotten those eyes before.
Speaker 1: Mode. I'm also wearing a striped linen and mum glass mum pants and mum ear rings, and I have glasses in my hair before Angelina. Yes, shout out your Portland family out.
Speaker 3: No, we when we were rehash wanted we've done recently and I had just come back from an amazing trip to my favorite family in Portland, which your.
Speaker 1: Favorite family in Portland is one sentence because you can't say favorite family because.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to like my life, I love my dream.
Speaker 1: And also Nic will kick you right out because he gets upset when you have other friends. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: He literally gets upset.
Speaker 2: He's like, who's Molly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who fuck is Molly?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why are you going to her place?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Like you live here?
Speaker 2: She's my sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so no, they are the couple who It's probably one of my favorite friendship stories other than ours with the toilet cubicle. When I was eighteen, when I was backpacking by my my.
Speaker 1: Sam Sebastian, wasn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to San Sebastian on a recommendation and I met this couple and they were on their honeymoon and they were this Australian couple and really.
Speaker 2: I fully gate crashed the honeymoon. And we met in this pub and they said, oh, we're talking about the surf.
Speaker 3: They were like, we're going back to France and I was like, oh my god, I really wanted to go, and they were like wanting to come with, and I just thought it was like a drunken offer. And then they messaged me on messenger the day after instaid the office still there if you wanted.
Speaker 2: So I gate crashed their honeymoon in their motor home. They had a motor home. They were going, you're.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so intimate and you're just like hi, And then we spent like three two three days together there and I sent in this random French and the camping.
Speaker 3: Spot and like, like, looking back, it's so funny because they were like, we're going to get muscles on the marina, and I was there. They have these beautiful muscles in the sunset.
Speaker 1: On the Marina's cute, romantic and then there's me and I was a good training became friends with us.
Speaker 3: I knew that's what was so good at it, and then like everything we just did together us three. They were like, oh, do you want us to drive you to Pampalona And I was like, no, I've already missed a flight to Portugal. And then we didn't really and that's all I saw of them three days in sanz Bastian and then that was kind of it. And we had had each other's on socials and then three years ago I was like, I knew they'd come back to Melbourne and they lived on the surf coast and like you know when you just like like people's stories and stuff. So that was the kind of relationship we had. Hadn't really caught up otherwise. And then yeah, and I was like, oh, I do you know a place I can stay? And they're like, well, you can come to our beach.
Speaker 1: I like, is that when we got in the van?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was when you guys got me the juicy van.
Speaker 1: Well I thought you'd been in touch with them before that.
Speaker 3: Like only very briefly, like you know every time you get a random memory. Yeah, yeah, the only in touch I was really with them was to ask them.
Speaker 1: The only intern just spat on it.
Speaker 2: Yep, again, you didn't do this language.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Grandma, your mum.
Speaker 1: It's baby Brian.
Speaker 2: And then they have they have.
Speaker 3: This amazing block on the beach where I think Renee bought it when he was really young.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know how to describe it unless you see it. It's it's genuinely everyone follows you block of brass on the beach.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, no cliff to walk down to the beach. It's like a private beach pretty much. Yeah, and it's a beautiful beach anyway. And then they've recently built a little temporary house on there. And then we went up for three days and I was like, this is paradise.
Speaker 2: This is the life.
Speaker 1: And then we met their friend.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I called ash Ash. Was pretending to not fan girl, but she's definitely.
Speaker 1: She's in the neighborhood and we love ash Ash. It was so lovely to meet you on faith time.
Speaker 2: And yeah, as also like the kids lived the best life. We woke up, they had breakfast, they walk over the like the hill is like one percent grade, and then they're undulating. Not again, no undulation. You are so slow these days. And yeah, and then they and the kids they just go on the water. So the morning we were like before nine o'clock they've done a kayak. Can they take to swim? Maybe I swim and like many like mini sir, like the life out there was just so.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: We love you a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have three minutes now to do all that.
Speaker 2: Questions. Okay, well that's very fast. Five ye don't worry.
Speaker 1: Okay, medium questions from the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just going to go through it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we haven't categorized, like we know.
Speaker 2: Do you have the line on your belly line niagra?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called linear nigra. It's like this weird I think it's light and that means black line. I kind of have it. It's just this random line.
Speaker 2: Can you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought everyone has it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if everyone gets it. Some people get it really dark. It looks like it's hair, but it's not. It's just like this random dark line down the live your stomach that you get during pregnancy. Yeah, I do, but it's not super dark.
Speaker 2: It's also crooked shut puck up.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I noticed that it's crooked and my belly button is off center and it really really out.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: My OCD is like, I can't, I can't. It all needs to be symmetrical, and it's not.
Speaker 2: Don't look, it's not.
Speaker 1: I'm hiding it. Yes, I do have a lildia negro. I don't know what the purpose of it is, but yeah, okay, neither.
Speaker 2: How cool?
Speaker 3: Next for fuss By, Yeah, how will you manage the podcast? I want you to rest and enjoy pregnancy, but also we'll miss it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really lovely? Was it you who submitted that question?
Speaker 2: More underscore Anna?
Speaker 1: And Yeah, she's a beautiful French friend who I met through Eliza, our wonderful yoga teacher and one of my oldest and dearest friends. So we are obviously already not managing it very well, since we done two episodes in like three weeks. But I actually think because we can do online, because we can do it at home, because we can do it when the baby's here, I think the plan is obviously not to necessarily do weekly like we have been doing in the past years, where we're very organized, But I think we'll just keep going as much as we can, like as when we can, we'll do a little updates. I definitely want to do the birth story as soon as we can, kind of record after that, Q and A do little updates. We have a couple of guests coming up before the baby's born. One is probably going to be a live event, but a live online event so you can ask questions interactively, which is very useful in the lead up to the baby. Another one of the guests for International Women's Day is not related to pregnancy. So yes, we'll be keeping up with it, but just more flexibly and probably less rigidly in terms of schedule.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, so you'll get a podcast once a year, Yeah for first five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fast five years. Yeah, we're locked into a contract with and for one episode per year until twenty thirty five.
Speaker 2: That's my contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think we kind of answered this one. But in the start, how do you find exercising when pregnant? I feel so guilty not keeping it up at twenty weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so hard because your body really is just going through so much and I had I've really struggled to let go of I've been really regular and felt really fit and strong kind of just before we got pregnant, and then I was so nauseous and sick. I didn't exercise at all, like barely even walked for the first trimester. And then in the second trimester you kind of get energy back, but you still it's not the same as before. So I personally have not had a great exercise regime during this pregnancy, and I found the guilt really hard to let go of earlier. But then the more you remind yourself, in fact, anytime, any routine or or commitment you had before pregnancy isn't going the way you planned, just have to remind yourself you are growing a human being from scratch in your own body. That is a marathon every day. Like it's literally scientifically proven to be the same weight on your body as like running a marathon. So you've got enough going on.
Speaker 2: That's rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's so much energy expenditure and exercise. If that's not something you can keep up with, Like it's good to move and walk to sort of get your blood flowing, Like that's healthy for the baby and for you. But in terms of like if you're not training, don't be hard on yourself you're you're burning enough energy.
Speaker 2: Totally. I feel like.
Speaker 3: If you exercise for the feeling of feeling good, that's different to feel like you need to just say because in pregnancy that's yeah, I feel like keeping it up because you've just as a feel good thing, then probably be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, presume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your body will tell you, like if if you have enough energy to work out, then work out. If you don't have enough energy to work out, there's a reason. So don't push through because you just think you shouldn't you feel bad?
Speaker 3: Another question about and we separated to pregnancy and then real time cateorizations. Honestly, that's why they pay me the medium dollars. Yeah, I know you meditate and try to keep Yeah, I know you meditate and try to keep a mental health routine bracket. I'm reading your book again, but can you tell us your routine If your routine changed with pregnancy, do you do more?
Speaker 2: Do you less mercy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great question, and I think it's it's definitely changed, and probably for the same as exercise. It's changed in that because you're just feeling so different and every week is different and you can't predict how you're going to feel week to week. My routine has gone out the window with most things, so didn't exercise much. I used to meditate really regularly and in a structured way. I did vading meditation. I have totally dropped that during the pregnancy because I just felt so sick. I was waking up at different times, sleeping at different times, and yeah, I found it really had to stick to things consistently as so much is changing around you. But in a weird way, I've kind of been more meditative because I've been less structured, if that makes sense. I've been more present in each day because I can't plan that far ahead. So overall through the pregnancy, I think I've been a lot more mindful, a lot more in the moment, a lot more what does my body feel like right now? I check in a lot more with my energy levels, which I'm not good at doing normally, Like if I'm in a really busy week, I will stop and feel that and be like I need to cancel some stuff, like I've pushed it too far, Whereas I don't usually do that, so and I'll meditate more sporadically, so I still do it, but I haven't had what I would call like a good consistent practice.
Speaker 2: Are you journaling at all?
Speaker 1: Journaling every day?
Speaker 2: Well, that's meditat like mental health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it comes out. It's come out in different ways. And I'm journaling every day mainly because there's so much of the pregnancy. And I would highly recommend this for anyone. You already know that I journal every time we travel and any big kind of life events, but particularly pregnancy, you forget how you feel. I already forgot what the first trimester was like, and like everything changes so quickly. I want I don't remember what week I first felt him kick, Like I'm not going to remember that without writing it down. So I feel like it's even if you just keep dot points every day, it's so nice to have a record of what it felt like at the time when the emotions are fresh, because then you can look back and be like, how exciting was it the first time he moved or the first this scan or the first of that, because you're not going to remember but those details. Yeah, but it allows you to just like even the diabetes and stuff like, I don't remember what I ate unless I wrote it down. So to have a record of just this magical nine months including the shitty bits like you'll love going back to.
Speaker 2: That totally and if you do have another one, it's good. Yeah, yeah, comparison. Okay, I think were one last one from the baby side is are you getting the snoo?
Speaker 1: Yes, we have the snow. So the snow is like this Miracle Creation, which is a bassinet. You want to use a microwave. Guys Nixt making his standard cameo now that we're recording downstairs. He wants you you can use a microwave.
Speaker 2: Microwave? Have you really that's so nice?
Speaker 1: Normally doesn't Yeah, I know, like last week he was on a call the whole time, like talking in the background.
Speaker 2: There's noises.
Speaker 1: Magical Creation, which is a bacinet for the baby. So I did not know. You know, everyone does their nursery reveal.
Speaker 2: Yes, your baby.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sleep in the nursery or in a cot for a long time, so you don't even need a nursery.
Speaker 3: Them as an official unofficial babysitter for most people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that, but most people don't. I think like they think they've got to get their nursery ready, and then everyone's like they don't sleep in the cot, and I'm like well then why do you what are you doing Nicholas.
Speaker 3: Serbray's character more than I.
Speaker 1: Do anyway, So that you use the nursery for changing and feeding, but the actual cot they don't sleep. They sleep in a basinet when they're small, and often that's in your room. So the snow is a bacinet that rocks itself, and it's like this magical miracle creation that people swear by in the first six months. It's like the Mary Poppin's fairy Godmother of babies. Some babies don't like it, or it's rocks too viciously or whatever it is, but most people have very, very wonderful things to say about it. The problem is you have to wean them off it and teach them to sleep without the rocking motion. But it's kind of like putting them in the car anyway. So, as you guys know, we've been in the last couple of weeks all of the preparation for the nursery and the baby. In December, I was like, that's a January problem. Now I'm like, oh no, that October twenty twenty five, and now I'm like, oh my god, shit. So we've been living at the memo and picking out our PRAM and the PRAM content was great.
Speaker 2: Did you see I saw that the the.
Speaker 1: Pramni bus nick speed testing and all terrain testing the PRAM is it?
Speaker 2: No? Seriously though, if I went and running with the PRAM, can I run on the prem Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can run with the Prime. Oh you can actually get running prams. There is much technology anyway, So we got this snow from the memo. I will report back because I know some women think it's like a miracle creation. Some think their babies don't like it. Who knows. But if it gives you even a chance of more sleep, like, I'm gonna take it. What is he doing this? Just guys, if you want an insight into what our sign is going to be like like he lasted, I'm actually proud he lasted fifty five minutes before he came down and started.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick fire. Next section is relationship.
Speaker 3: There's only one under this. How did you know you do life together with your partner? Did you when you know? Did you when you know you're not?
Speaker 2: Watch a question? Watch watch that's the question? Did you when you know? You know?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: So what was really cute yesterday was our fifteenth Valentine's Day together.
Speaker 2: That's like my age, that's your age.
Speaker 1: And I must say, I think we thought we knew, Like Nick tried to propose to me like two months later, but I was nineteen, so we thought that we like found our person and we're going to spend the rest of our life together. But like past nineteen years old, so I probably didn't actually think that if you told me then we'd be having a baby together. Now, I probably would have laughed, even though I still did think that he was my person.
Speaker 2: When was there was surely a moment.
Speaker 1: Give me, he juston walked his way with his little microwave food. I mean, I think you guys can tell from how much we share a relationship how silly we are, Like our love has always been really silly and fun and life will never be boring with Nick. And I'm like, our weirdness is really compatible, and that was evident from the very beginning. So I think I think, yeah, I think I always knew, But then of course there's been in fifteen years, we've been such different people. And the difference couples who stay together and don't is if you evolve in compatible ways or have you become people who are no longer compatible and it just happens that we've evolved in compatible directions, and every time there's been like a big new challenge, like where one of us has completely changed careers, are completely changed who we are or what we're what our goals are in life, that it's gone in the same direction.
Speaker 2: Bim.
Speaker 3: I know you were ex law but that was the most lawyer response because you didn't answer the questions what I said.
Speaker 1: The moment was the moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, was there a moment and you're like, wow, weirdness is compatible. We've evolved to be compatible and in the compatible ways we've evolved compatibly.
Speaker 1: My question. I think it was so we had everything going against us when we first started dating. I went away on two exchanges that were already booked, so I went overseas twice in the first six months, to China for six weeks and then to France for a year. I was like, bye, I'm going to Europe euro trip, and I wanted to be single so I wouldn't change my Facebook status.
Speaker 2: That was the moment.
Speaker 1: No, the moment was when he was like, I'm at Paras Airport. It's like I flew over because I didn't want to let go of his relationship because I had been like, he's like, change your Facebook status. I'm like no, because I was like, we've been together for six months, and I was like, let's pause because I'm going on a euro trip with my single best friends and we want to like go so our wild oats. And I'd been in a long term relationship before that anyway, I was like, I just want to be single in Europe, in St. Trope, we're doing this big trip. And then he was like, am at the airport and I was like, oh, I love you, okay, but go away.
Speaker 3: But okay, yeah, you just that is the correct Yeah, none of this was capability doctor sus Okay, quick to three more questions. This is now about more like black business job. Oh no, what's your vision emission statement in business?
Speaker 2: In life?
Speaker 3: Come on, you're a quote of the day stuff darks and more dreams in ferry every.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I love that one. Well, at the moment, my mission statement has become very different because it's very like temporal towards a new chapter, and it's very go with the flow and that everything unravels at the right time, and I feel like we're so ready if we've got if we'd be if we'd had a baby when we first started trying, which was in COVID like five years ago, I would be freaking out. I wouldn't feel as ready as I do. I feel. I feel like this is the perfect time. I've had such an amazing life pre motherhood. I feel so ready for motherhood now. Nick is the same. So my life motto is very much like life unravels in chapters, and they're all different and they demand different versions of you. And in business right now, it's obviously my priorities towards work are taking a different form of prioritization for the next little while, while I kind of focus on family and putting that first for the first time in a while. Overall, I think my if I had to say one thing to anyone about your personal life and your career or both, it's just that it's not meant to look like anyone else's. Really, I think all of everyone's problems or dissatisfaction or crisis of confidence or like whatever it may be, is comparing to what other people are doing.
Speaker 2: Comparison is a thief of joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but literally, it's that you benchmark yourself against what like the only person's life you have to live is yours.
Speaker 2: So wise, I've also decided from analysis of your responses you respond to everything like you know when you're in year five, and there's that narrative breakdown of how to paragraph.
Speaker 3: Yours an introduction, paragraph, one, paragraph to conclusion.
Speaker 2: So overall in summary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my low addition the questions in an ad hoc way how to read op points. I con furthermore to the undulation of the ground. However, thereby stand by stop sign parentheses, ellipsis dot dot.
Speaker 2: Dot relative clauses.
Speaker 3: I can't find a job online. I can't find a job online. I'm trying to change careers or anything.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: That's a really hard one when you're and I feel like I need more context of what you're jumping from and what you want to jump to. But I think my overall advice just when you're in a position where you don't have a job and you need a job, is that so much of what I talk about is finding your joy and finding your passion and uniting what you're good at with what you like. But there are times in your life where that's not the main question. That's not the luxury that you can afford. And the temptation is like, don't accept anything less than what you love and what you're passionate about. But if you are struggling to find a job and you need to pay bills, you need stability and certainty and like certain life needs met before you can even contemplate what makes you joyful. So I think find something that will allow you some stability to make decisions later. And I know this sounds terrible. Basically, when normally I would say don't settle, I would say, just find something that really fits part of your criteria. You don't need to wait for the one thing that's perfect. If you just need to pay the bills, that's a reality of life, and then the yay and the joy and the fulfillment that can come later. But find something that helps you get kind of a baseline first.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think you and I are similarly evolving into that mindset of now that we have financial commitments. Yeah, it's a balance of what you need minimum and then the once come after.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's a luxury to be able to say, seize your ya and find a job you love.
Speaker 2: Because not on this podcasts, but it is.
Speaker 1: It's like the reality is not everyone can find a job that they love, and not everyone wants a job they love. Sometimes you want your passions to be outside of it. Sometimes you have to have your passions outside of it. Like, not every joyful job pays well. So I think find the job first and then work backwards later into integrating joy.
Speaker 3: Last question of the day, how did you get into the job you're doing?
Speaker 2: Now? That's like a whole episode myself.
Speaker 1: No, that's like listen to every episode from here backwards. That's a hard question in a really roundabout accidental way, never planned. It still get surprised by the directions it goes. It goes in all the time. I don't even know what I do or how to explain it. But I think a combination of like staying really open minded, the world, I must say lucky timing of the world being like evolved enough for us to all have these hybrid jobs that didn't exists before, having had amazing support network, lots of great mentors and teachers and an amazing family who supported me leaving law and all those kinds of things. But yeah, the overall answer is really by a complete accident, yes.
Speaker 3: But not yes, yes, accident, and I don't think accident per se.
Speaker 2: I think it was perfect timing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hard work.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, well, I think you built a very great foundation with law and your communication skills and your personal ability, and.
Speaker 1: Then lots stop.
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, so that is the end of the podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm cutting myself off.
Speaker 2: But I did mean that you did work a lot to get there.
Speaker 3: And you've made you made amazing networks, not through like a you know, networking for network, but networking because you met people that you really enjoyed being with and were great with them and to them, and then that led to another thing. And also you're very open minded with opportunities. You're very much like this I've never done before, but I'm going to try it.
Speaker 2: Until I try it, I won't know. And then sometimes you're really enjoy and sometimes you don't. And then I.
Speaker 3: Feel like that's part of how you've been able to kind of do so many different things like radio and presenting an MC to authoring a book, to podcasting to modeling to like it's all very much.
Speaker 2: Yes, give it a red hot crack.
Speaker 1: And I also think that the best thing you can do really is work really hard and build really good networks and not necessarily need to know what that's all for at the time. Like I've always kind of been setting foundations even if I didn't know why, and then those things have come to fruition like seven years later, and I'm like, oh, I didn't even know that going to that event and spending a little bit of extra time with that person would be important now. So it's like you don't need to know the plan all work out, but it doesn't need to work out straight away, but always be putting things in place suit that working hard to put them in place later.
Speaker 3: My favorite client that I ever got to work with was the guy that I COUCHSURFD with.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, well you know when I was twenty two.
Speaker 1: But then you kept that relationship on good term so that then when it could come to fruition to something else, it did versus I think some people are quite short sighted when they're like, oh, there's nothing in this for me now, so like I don't need to keep in touch with that person, whereas I'm like, always be laying foundations for stuff you don't know who's going to be important later and then like the worst thing that can happen is it all comes together.
Speaker 2: And just be a good person. Be a good person, just like live lave love, live love love, my life, my love, my dream. Okay not