Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hi friends, Lee here, mondays, huh, don't we all love? Mondays, well, I've got a treat for you. I'm dropping a recent episode of You Beauty into this feed because there's some unfiltered advice that might make you laugh or it might be helpful. Kelly and I try to offer a bit of both. So have a listen and let me know what you think.
Speaker 1: Makeup is my therapy. I'm in love, I'm obsessed, and I don't even feel jailty a body.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to You Beauty, the podcast for Your Face.
Speaker 3: I'm Lee Campbell, I'm Kelly mccaren and we're both sitting here as beauty experts.
Speaker 1: With awful nails.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know, and we forget that wear a video first, now.
Speaker 1: Why don't forget? I just simply could not be bothered.
Speaker 2: And then yesterday, well last night I was, oh, no, well, I've got my favorite like nail hardener. That's soft peace at my desk. Oh, it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 3: I tried out some of these, like sticker things that landed on my desk at home. They did not work, and then they ripped off some of my actual now anyway, so.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna move our hats really quickly. So the.
Speaker 2: Mistakes too, okay, So we answer too, you be questions that are submitted, and people can submit questions via Instagram, email, on the Facebook group the Facebook place I Sound one hundred. There's links in the show notes to all the places you can ask the questions which will reach us, and then we'll pick some So first questions from Alice, my darling friend Kelly, would you read it for us?
Speaker 3: I sure can love you too, Thanks Alice. We love a compliment. I have a tannykinundrum. I'm forty three, and after a long journey with body positivity, I'm finally feeling confident enough to rock a bikini on a beach holiday coming up in a few months.
Speaker 1: Slag quain. We love to hear that.
Speaker 3: However, I think I'll feel even better with the help of some fake tan to give me a bit more of a I have two problems. The first is that I'm very fair. Tanning products I've tried decades ago make me look yellow because of how fair my skin is and I'm wondering if there is anything that is going to give my pale skin.
Speaker 1: A nice natural tan.
Speaker 3: My second problem is that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to self tanning or making it last. I'll be on a beach and swimming in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Every day for a week on my holiday.
Speaker 3: So am I wasting my time achieving an at home ten which is just going to wash off and look patchy halfway through my holiday?
Speaker 1: Please help? Okay?
Speaker 2: Firstly, I love you, Alice. I am also forty three, and you know what happens when you get into.
Speaker 1: Your forties You just could not careless.
Speaker 2: And also your eyesight goes, because I think that's like nature's way of being like kind. You don't need to see everything except for when this chin hair just goes.
Speaker 3: That's more of a feeling, though, isn't it that you go and it's not there for one and then you get sent to me and it's like washing my shoulder.
Speaker 2: Alice, let's not talk about our chuin hairs. I feel you. I think it's great that you are feeling confident and you want to do a bit of tan. You're pal so let's not go crazy. Also, no one has solved this problem. You're swimming in the ocean, you're toweling off, you're wearing lots of sunscreen, so no tan's gonna last your whole holiday. I have a solution for you, gradual tan. You take it with you on your holiday. Every night, after your shower, you put it on like a body moisturizer. The ones I'm gonna suggest are clear, so it just feels like a body moisturizer and you wake up with that kind of natural, subtle glow, particularly for a pale person because I've done spray tans before, especially if it's a week holiday, like oh, I can stretch it, but by day two or three you're patchy in gross and I can't be bother that it's foliating and retanning. And then you've got hotel sheets and life's too short. Holidays are too short. So these are my recommendations. This is honestly the best and affordable. It's the Jurgen's Natural Glow daily moisturizer. It comes in fair to medium and medium to dark. Obviously go fur to meet fair to medium. It's such a part of lightly because well, yeah, I mean you say you're going in a few months. I want you to try at home first because it's winter. I'm assuming where you are now, so you can cover up if it's not great. But it's just a really forgiving gradual. It feels really nice. It's not dehydrating. Then in the morning you can pop on your body sunscreen if going straight out, or moisturizer. That one is so good one that's coming out. It's pre order, but I've got to have a play. It's their Bang and Body Gradual tanning firming lotion.
Speaker 1: I love that they've come out with this.
Speaker 2: I know fifty two dollars. Hang on, let me go back and tell you Jerkins is eleven dollars a ninety nine cents full price. So if you're going to experiment, the Bang and Body Gradual tan took them two and a half years to formulate. It's really beautiful. And I have to say when they say it doesn't smell, it doesn't. It smells like pineapple. I don't know how they've done it. It's quite gradual in that I feel like our friend could really try this, and you could do every second night if you wanted to on the holiday. It's beautiful. The firming part I'm not going to comment on because I don't really feel like that's a thing. Yeah, and it's just a really nice tan again, clear, so going to color your sheets.
Speaker 1: My last one is one that I love and talk about all the time.
Speaker 2: NUSA Bronze Gradual tanning lotionan thirty nine ninety five.
Speaker 1: That's quite a strong gradual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, because that was the first one that popped into my head as well. We both absolutely love Neusa Bronze. However, remember that one day, like I said to you, I was like, oh, what ten did you use?
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, just newsei Brons and you're olive.
Speaker 2: Well, if I went in the sun, I would be olive, But in the dead of winter, I'm.
Speaker 1: Alla ah, but you've got olive undetoted. I look at my hands. I haven't done a very good blending job here.
Speaker 2: But what I've done with this before is mixed half regular ocean half now, so like you can, you could customize a regular tan, but you can also customize a gradual tan.
Speaker 1: I reckon I.
Speaker 2: Would go to the Jurgons because it's affordable, flip top lids, so easy to travel with.
Speaker 1: Whereas I love NUSEI brons not easy to travel with.
Speaker 2: Well, you can click it off, but they always leak for me. And the banging body is great, but it's expensive. But I would just take a gradual with you do it every night or every second night, but practice before you go.
Speaker 1: And where are you going? Can I come? Yes?
Speaker 3: I love hearing details about peoples whole, so please always include them.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: I reached out to my girlfriend to ask what she does, because she could probably.
Speaker 1: Give Alice a run for her money in terms of fairness. She has the most beautiful.
Speaker 3: Porcelain side like hate Blanchette, Oh, absolutely standing, very similar actually just beautiful. And so I was like, because tans often don't even show up on her sometimes because she's just so fair. What she would do is a spray TN but ask them to go light, So don't go somewhere where they just like will spray every single person with the same old mist. Go to a real professional that specializes in fake tans. So we have a girlfriend that does it, and she goes there. So she uses just something really nice and light, so it's almost like getting a gradual spray can. Yeah, it is a little bit more even coated and professional looking like it does look like, oh goodness, No, it just looks like she's got a beautiful glow. And she just uses a graduate a couple of times on the holiday to prolong it. And she said that if she's moisturizing properly anyway, it won't come off patchy and because it's.
Speaker 1: Nice and light.
Speaker 3: And I do actually agree generally, if I get a spray tan, I'm like, make me tan, and then it sort of patches off. But if it's something a little bit more lighter and more natural looking towards your actual skin tone, it doesn't come off in such patchy intensity, probably because it's not as thick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you do have time to practice with the scrape like you feel, or just try it before you go, and then if you don't like it, you don't have to one thing I will say, you mentioning your friend.
Speaker 1: I've got a girlfriend who's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: She has the most flawless porcelain and she like, it's funny when she goes on a beach holiday because you can't even see where she is because she's covered in so much like fabric and es.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to be extra, extra, extra cautious, but she rocks.
Speaker 2: A bikini and her like it's pale, pale, pale white. She looks flawless in a bikini without any tan in terms of it, like, it's like it's just beautiful. So maybe you know, walk around the house and see if you don't really need a tan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you just need a different color bikini or makes true beautiful skin.
Speaker 1: Pot or a sunscreen.
Speaker 2: How some screens are kind of not glistening, but like they just make you look really hydrated.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's all you need.
Speaker 2: Because for me, the difference between my scaly winter skin and then my really hydrated, juicy skin, even if it's not tan, I just feel better.
Speaker 1: That's true. I have the best holiday. Okay, we have a.
Speaker 2: Question from jewels. Hello ladies, quick question, our hair perfume's worth trying and are they different from regular perfumes. I struggle with oily hair and use my blow dryer constantly, so I'm paranoid about lingering odors.
Speaker 1: What would you suggest, Curly mccurrth, So let Lee talk about her hair perfume recommendations.
Speaker 3: My tip is that you don't really need to worry as much as a dry head lass about specific hair perf fumes because of the alcohol content. Like I feel like for someone with really dry hair like me, I don't want to just chuck a regular perfume in my hair because the alcohol content could dry it out further.
Speaker 2: Because regular perfumes have a very high alcohol content, which is why it dryes down. It feels like nothing on your body, and it helps it kind of.
Speaker 1: Stay and absorb. Putting that in dry hair could be a recipe for.
Speaker 3: Disaster, and disaster obviously being hyperbolic, but just you know, dry hair. So because you're oily, you probably could just maybe just like sprits your regular perfume and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk through it. Is that what you meant to do anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or just like oh, whizzle your head around, bring a little bit in your hands and like use it as a hair product. Scrunch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my only other tips for you if you're worried about like stinky hair, make sure that you are changing your pillowcase regularly, because I think that a lot of people forget that I do mine even more often than I'll actually.
Speaker 2: Do shine and do Yeah, I do sheets and everything week, but I do my pillow case every second night. Oh, okay, well, but I'm a tummy sleeper, even though I'm not meant to be. I go to bed as a glaze donut. I use silk satin, which you can just see your.
Speaker 1: Face on your faces on very riches.
Speaker 3: But just to be conscious of that your hair, if it's quite oily, you might be putting a lot of oil then on your pillowcase and back and forth. Yeah, if then that's getting stinky. And when I say stinky, I just mean the hair oily. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's just something to be conscious of. And also making sure that you're regularly cleaning your brush, so clearing out all of the hairs and then just like giving it a little sprits with something or back giving a little wash in the shower or bath.
Speaker 2: Women, when I get those brush cleaning sprays that if the makeup brushes, you can use that for your hair something like that. But it was a great tip deep on this because I'm an oily girl too. So hair perfumes differ from regular perfumes, as Kelly said, is that they often have lower or no alcohol content. But my friend, they often include nourishing hair and greet some of them are so nice, So nice, but as an oily person and I'm trying to get longevity, I don't want the nourishment because I'm already oily like my hair probably needs it, but it looks oily enough anyway. Let me give you some recommendations before I change your plan. The Thanks to Nature hair perfume that's new, twenty four dollars. It smells delicious. You can even get a little mini one in their travel set. Get it at Woolies and it smells so good. But it's enriched with argan oil. Do we want that? I don't know?
Speaker 1: I do you do?
Speaker 2: There's another one Strand Heaven sent Adoor Beauty. It is thirty eight dollars, but it smells amazing. It's a hair perfume and gloss so again smells great, but gonna add product kind of thing which is great for drop like. You could even put it just in the ends, don't put it at the roots. One more before I tell you what else I would do. My organics. The organic hydrating hair perfume chemist swam House little Thing feedback. It's normally nine ninety nine. That's great again, going to help tame frizz and like hydrate. So maybe we don't want that, you know what we want as oily girls. We just want to make sure that it doesn't smell. I recommend the Batiste Overnight Deep cleanse dry shampoo. It's ten bucks. You can get it at Coal's. You spray it in your hair as you go to bed. Like so Kelly's mentioned about changing the pillow case, but it kind of absorbs the oil. Overnight any dry shampoo is also sort of diodory.
Speaker 1: It's got quite a fresh smell to them totally.
Speaker 2: And also I think that you're kind of just trying to neutralize any odor as opposed to masking anything. Like Member boys when you like loved like fifteen year old boys and they were like so sweaty and stinky, but then they just spray links on, so it was like stinky plus links.
Speaker 1: Or we don't want that.
Speaker 3: There's nothing worse all like people that do a pool and then really use like a lot of air freshner.
Speaker 1: It's not is that really helps. It doesn't work lrder match, so that's really good.
Speaker 2: There's another one called Aube Mister Fi Restyling Spray, and this is more of a like second day read. So it says it prolongs your style and protects your strands. It reactivates yesterday's products. It's a billion dollars, of course, how much is it one bit? Actually no, it's thirty six dollars for a fifty meal. So you could try that, and you know that's obviously for also people that don't have this problem but just want not dry shampoo, but to reset last but not lease A Vader has the Scalp Solutions Refreshing Protective missed eighty two dollars mecha, you're lord. Yeah, so it basically helps protect from external addresses, reduces excess oil. It doesn't come with a hair dryer or a hairdresser, but it reduces excess oil. I've not tried that, and as someone who has a similar problem, I'm going to take one for the team.
Speaker 1: Going to order it. Please report back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I could do a crowdfund to pay for it, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't go for a perfume. I'd go for probably a dry shampoo because for me, the perfumes would be adding too much juiciness to my already oily hair, to you already juice juice delicious or maybe.
Speaker 1: Just on the ends. But yeah, just use your normal perfume on the ends. What a great question. Two great questions, do you and stuff we haven't really had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your beauty bite this week?
Speaker 3: My beauty bite is a little bit of a PSA, if you will.
Speaker 1: So I've seen some things online.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of hype around the snail jizz, the snail musin the core x. Yeah, Korean beauty. It's really affordable. I've recommended a bunch of times. And what is the It literally is snail musin, so derived from snail musin. So what they do is they're on like a little mesh net thing, the snails, the snails, and then they just like over it.
Speaker 2: And so you know when you see like a snails trail, it's that like looks like a rainbow juice, like dried like jizz, like it's but it's not their semen.
Speaker 3: It's just there like it's not it's just like charge about any discharge that comes out of anything really anyway, that's the ingredient.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but then obviously if you're not looking at it in the ground, so if they're crawling along like mesh, it's coming through and then it's not drying collecting.
Speaker 1: And then they're using it in who in their right mind when I don't know, rub that on my face?
Speaker 3: And the funny thing is is it so many people myself included, love it.
Speaker 1: However, there isn't any science backing up its effectiveness.
Speaker 3: It's like it's pretty much just a hey, this product looks really good on your skin, like it just juices it plumps it up.
Speaker 1: But long term is it doing anything underneath? Who knows.
Speaker 3: However, However, I've seen some things from Vegan like, oh, I'd really love to try it, but I can't. It's not vegan, so I mean, no, I'm vegetarian. No animal is harmed in the making, like they're just but it's not vegan. They don't have honey exactly right, enter plant derived snail MUSICAE.
Speaker 2: No way, Hey, if you haven't tried it. The BioMA Yellow Oh I haven't.
Speaker 3: Is a relatively new brand to Australia, stopped exclusively at Sephora.
Speaker 2: Which I hadn't heard of until then. I saw the hype and then I was like, what have I missed?
Speaker 3: Because everything's relatively affordable, which is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Forty mils for thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: I spotted at Sephora the other day and I saw the phyto musin, didn't think anything of it, just thought, oh, that.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a snailjez product. I'm going to take it home.
Speaker 3: So I bought it and then I was like looking into it and I plant drived snow musin. This is perfect for all my vegans, smart, perfect for all my vagons.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: It is so similar I say, it isn't as tacky. Yeah, actually originally, which is probably good for a lot of.
Speaker 1: People because some people don't love the consistency. Can I have a quick play, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: It's a tri seramide complex with the phyto musin in it, panthonol and peptide, so it's very good at just plumping up that instant plumpiness. And it's the panthanole is.
Speaker 1: Really good at it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Obviously that's why I bought it as well, because I was like, it's got snailes in it, and it says glow on the label in my no snail, but no snails.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you back to when I was thinking, like who thought of that? I reckon someone just saw how juicy a snail always was, and we're like they probably just rubbed the whole snail on their face.
Speaker 1: Probably you would.
Speaker 3: I would I was a cave man. No, no, what would you do if I was a cave man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or woman? Like you don't have skincare, so you've got to find something juicy.
Speaker 3: Alo from the plant better, but probably yeah, I don't know if I could do a snail all over my face or fruit. A man told me once, once I've eaten my mango, to put the mango.
Speaker 1: It's got ensign. Okay, my tip.
Speaker 2: I've given a tip similar to this many times, many years ago. But I'm going to mix it up a little bit. So you've got either your foundation or your cancela. So I've bought one of eat. Both of them are very lightweight.
Speaker 1: Well, you really love.
Speaker 3: That foundation because you gave me the mini version that you bought because you said it was too juicy.
Speaker 1: And then you've got and bought. No, I found the big one and I've read it.
Speaker 2: And because it's winter, hello, So this is the makeup forever HD skin hydro Glow undetectable skin booster foundation. Anyway, so you're putting something on your face and you're like, oh, that's a bit too sheer. I do want to, you know, conceal or have a bit of a thicker consistency on this spot or under the eye. What I used to do, although this one's quite messy. I used to just use that that's dried a bit as a thicker consistency. But what I've noticed recently because I always do the back of my hand and the concealer is I spoke about a while ago. So for a best skin ever glow so quite lightweight, you just put a little bit on the back of your hand or even on your face and wait because the oxygen in the way get all tacky. It will go a bit tacky, so TikTok, and it'll start to sort of set almost as it was set on your face. But then you've got the exact same color and finish, but a thicker consistency. So I saw someone doing it under their eyes. I did their few dots, but then they waited, and then I mean, I haven't given it enough time. Although I have a little bit there and it just sort of as it's half set. Then you apply and blend and it's the exact same product, but by default almost a little bit more coverage. Can you pass me the foundation for a sec I've made a big old mess there. Well, good because I wanted to say I'm pretty sure you've said this before as well, but you know when not with this one, but if it's a twist top and there's product yes on the ride and it's kind of like half dried, I've done it, disgusted, Like, look at this work. So see this concealer here, It's got gooey bits there that have.
Speaker 1: Like thicker consistency. Yeah, sot one. So that's a good little tip.
Speaker 2: And also like, if you're just a bit feral like me and all your products are like that, I want to come back on Friday with.
Speaker 1: Me always, forever and ever.
Speaker 3: We will be very elderly ladies without hearing or sight, and we will still be like, I love this.
Speaker 1: I thought you met on Friday. I was like, oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna I meant like, they will not be able to ever get rid of us because we will just keep coming back.
Speaker 1: Well, have you smelled this?
Speaker 2: Look now you're annoying? Hey, no not I love you, but it's just we've got to go. I do thank you for watching or listening to you, beauty. Don't forget to follow us everywhere we are YouTube. There's a link in the show notes, and we have our very own you Beauty YouTube as well as the Mama mea YouTube, so you can go and see everything we've talked about in all that.
Speaker 1: That, or even join us over there.
Speaker 3: The team is putting in so much work making these fantastic videos, and.
Speaker 1: You can see Kelly today dressed like Beetlejuice.
Speaker 3: Oh, Sush, in my head, it was chic.
Speaker 1: It is it is chic, she said off camera.
Speaker 3: She goes, oh, maybe not Beetlejuice or maybe Augustus Gloop from Willie Wonka.
Speaker 2: Everything striped makes me think of those people. Okay, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye.